4.17/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Tax Defense Network offers you assistance on any tax debt related issues. From tax liens, penalties, wage garnishments and more, our team of experts are ready to assist you. Our tax experts have over 250 years of experience combined. Visit our website today to learn more or to get started on a personalized tax resolution plan today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Tax Defense Network provides assistance with tax-related debt issues. With cases advised by their staff of qualified experts, Tax Defense Network offers a wide variety of services and solutions.

PROS

• Free consultation
  • Wide variety of services
  • Affordable pricing
  • Qualified experts

CONS

• Limited accreditations
  • Minimal refund policy

Top Tax Defense Network Reviews

06/28/2018

My accountant had made a rather large mistake on my tax returns. I needed help. To arrange a payment plan that I could actually afford to pay. And I am happy to say that Robin was able to help me and now I have a payment agreement with the IRS that I can afford!

08/14/2018

Talk about a huge weight lifted! I was so scared and stressed thinking how we were going to deal with our huge tax bill! The help I received from all parties involved was not only completely professional, but I was also shown compassion and felt a tremendous sense of ease!

About Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network is a tax resolution company that staffs hundreds of tax experts across the country. Staff members include CPAs, tax attorneys, accredited tax advisors and more. Tax Defense Network’s specialists have consulted on over $17 billion in tax debt relief.

Tax Defense Network services

With access to bureaucratic channels and expertise in tax resolution, Tax Defense Network has a variety of services to help clients resolve their complex tax problems.

Tax Defense Network offers the following services:

Tax preparation
The experts with Tax Defense Network help individuals and businesses navigate through the current U.S. tax code to prepare their taxes and avoid complications or penalties. Its tax analysts and CPAs help customers find their best returns and provide tips on saving more in the future.
Tax audit
Dealing with the IRS can be intimidating for individuals and businesses alike. Tax Defense Network offers worry-free tax audit help, including avoiding or abating penalties, easing the process, and representing customers during the audit. Tax Defense Networks’ CPAs and attorneys work on behalf of customers to simplify the sophisticated process and make sure customers find their best solution.
Tax relief
Since 2007, Tax Defense Network has helped tens of thousands of people, consulting on over $17 billion in tax debt. There are many different avenues customers can take for tax relief. Tax Defense Network helps point them in the right direction through support and hands-on help, allowing customers to save more on their taxes and avoid further costly penalties.
Tax help
Owing hundreds or thousands to the IRS can be extremely overwhelming. Tax Defense Network helps customers through general tax debt help, including delinquency, back taxes and wage garnishment. They work on customers’ behalf to stop collections actions and reach an affordable agreement.

How does Tax Defense Network work?

Tax Defense Network has a three-step tax resolution process for all customers. First, its experts provide a free, no-commitment consultation with an expert tax professional. This conversation is entirely confidential and tailored to each customer’s needs.

Next, Tax Defense Network provides professional and helpful recommendations based on the specific situation. This could involve recommending the customer work on their own or with Tax Defense Network. Finally, a tax expert works with the IRS or state agencies on the customer’s behalf to resolve tax issues quickly and efficiently.

Tax Defense Network has expertise in the following resolutions:

• Tax negotiation
  • Offer in Compromise
  • IRS payment plans (also known as installment agreements)
  • IRS Fresh Start Initiative

All customers are assigned a dedicated and fully invested case advisor, which allows better customer-to-advisor communication. Plus, customers have the confidence someone well-versed in the situation is handling the case.

Tax Defense Network FAQ

How much does Tax Defense Network cost?
No matter the situation, Tax Defense Network has affordable tax relief solutions with financing options starting at $99. Online comments show cost starting around $3,000, dependant on the complexity of the case. This is a very competitive price in the industry.
Does Tax Defense Network offer any type of guarantee?
Customers are eligible for a free consultation to learn exactly how much their services will cost, although Tax Defense Network may charge a $500 investigation fee before actually completing work or giving a final estimate on cost. Tax Defense Network offers a tiny window for a refund: three days after payment. This may seem small — and it is — but some companies don’t provide any sort of refund policy.

Do we recommend Tax Defense Network?

Yes. Tax Defense Network has an excellent customer service record, a staff of accredited tax advisors and enrolled agents, and far more affordable pricing options that others in the field. With so many positive reviews, Tax Defense Network is a company many trust and recommend to others.

47 Tax Defense Network Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Two thumbs up to the whole crew over at Tax Defense Network. Starting with John ** and finishing with Michael **. Very professional and informative. My mind was set at ease after the very first phone conversation. Start to finish my case was resolved in 6 months. Two months ahead of schedule.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I contacted your company over a year ago. I was set up with a rep that was transferred, the second rep would converse with me periodically, then she vanished. Whitney ** contacted me a few months ago, what a breathe of fresh air. Whitney constantly kept in contact with me a out my situation. If I missed her call, I would leave a message and she'd respond in a timely manner. Whenever I sent information to her, she made sure to inform me of what was to come next. Whitney has been a great comfort to me getting me through this process that was started 13 months ago. KUDOS TO WHITNEY, I am grateful and thankful!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My tax analyst was Tomika **. She was great throughout the entire process. She addressed all my questions and concerns. She was very direct and open while still showing care and concern for the situation at hand. She promptly responded to emails and provided constant updates. She is a true asset to your company. I was so impressed with her, I have requested her to assist me with my state tax resolution.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I paid over $4,000 for absolutely no help. They did not lower or negotiate anything for me. I am still paying the bill and I am still accruing interest and penalties annually. Over 2 years paying $11000 a year and what I owe has gone down $8000. They may be worse than the IRS.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Paid $7000+ for a tax resolution to significantly reduce tax debt. Solution provided was a CNC (currently not collectible). After further research found we seriously overpaid for this solution. The sales person did not respond to inquiries and another representative said the salesperson was not qualified to present us with the solution that we were sold on. We should be entitled to a partial refund, but cannot find a resolution process to apply with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Network?

Original review: June 4, 2019

Just know if you go with these people that the person filing your tax will be a preparer and not a professional, which they try and sell to you later with webinars. They also closed an agreement without speaking to me first. Such as; non-payment, which would allow for it to go on my credit report. Why do they think, people would be okay with having bad things on their credit report? I barely communicated with Linda **, Service Partner. Slow to emails, and they let you know it is easier to email. I am shelling out $4500 for this work, and I got nothing, she waited until my second payment was due before she called. Then 3 days after she said it was closed, and told me how it was going to be on my credit now, cause I can't pay. Well hell, I rather starve than have that on my credit. How frustrating she decided that without even discussing it with me before the fact. I swear that is so unprofessional.

Original review: April 25, 2019

First, it like to say my tax agent was excellent, patient and very helpful. However the initial phone call with who signed me up basically tells you anything you want to hear, kind of like a desperate used car salesman, pretty much full of **. After talking to customer service about the first broken promise, they gave me a minimal discount. Then I had had to call customer service again, due to another broken promise by the initial agent, and this time I was told she would be talked to about it. AGAIN, DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU ARE TOLD BY THE INITIAL PHONE CALL!!!! The tax agent that helped me was awesome!!!! Just

Original review: April 13, 2019

Three years ago I called this company and spoke with someone who sounded like they knew their stuff, so I paid $1500 to get started. So I get an Email stating they assigned me an attorney to handle my affairs on the matter, so I emailed this so called attorney. We exchange numbers so I call him and this guy that sounds like he is in need of a drink, so I relayed to him my situation. He goes on to tell me I need to file the back taxes to get started. So I get hold of the IRS to get my W2s to update my taxes. So I email them to him, at this time The Defense Net emails me and states they need a total of $2200 to resume my case so I send them $2200 more to resume.

A month goes by I call this attorney to see an update, he tells me he has not finished with my taxes. At this point I'm getting frustrated 'cause I am receiving garnishment letters. So I take it upon myself to file my back taxes and get it done in a day, so I call the attorney and get no answer so I send Emails. No reply. Then I call the IRS to see if my attorney has spoke with anyone there. They tell me no but my garnishment is in effect and a levy on my checking account is in the process.

So I talk to an agent to find out what needs to happen to stop all this. They tell me I need to pay an ungodly amount which I cannot afford. So after 3 months of no contact with the attorney I receive an email stating my taxes were already filed. (No kidding.) I call the attorney. No answer so I leave a lengthy message stating I filed my own taxes and called the IRS myself. 1 hr later I get a call from the attorney. He proceeded to tell me what is it he can do for me, I proceeded to tell him he can give me my money back considering he did nothing. He says I will have to take that up with TDN. So I call them. They tell me they can assign me another attorney but I will not get my money back. So come down to it I lost out on $3700 to do my own work and a levy of my checking account in the range of $5600 nonrefundable. IRS left 2 cents in my account so it wouldn't close. So ** TDN.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I would not recommend Tax Defense Network to anyone. After 10 months of delays, my tax liability increased by $30,000 and the only thing accomplished was a four month postponement of my IRS debt. Nearly everything that was promised was a scam. Stay away is my advice...

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My wages have been garnished at a rate of 90%. Tax Defense said they would help right away. I have been prompt in returning items they said they needed. So far, I owe 80,000$ more. My contact person doesn't respond. She is not reassuring, yet they expect me to pay them, when my wages are being garnished 90%. They are not cheap. I agreed to 7500$ and gave them 1000 down. They suck!!! My analyst is Corrie. I hope you get someone better.

Tax Defense Network Company Information