4.89/5
Based on 28 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Tax Defense Network offers you assistance on any tax debt related issues. From tax liens, penalties, wage garnishments and more, our team of experts are ready to assist you. Our tax experts have over 250 years of experience combined. Visit our website today to learn more or to get started on a personalized tax resolution plan today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 2, 2018

28 Tax Defense Network Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 2, 2018

Being in an unfortunate situation with the IRS is overwhelming and stressful! When I finished my initial conversation with the TDN I had high hopes and confidence that I put my situation in the right hands. As time passed this confidence waned! I gave all my information to my original analyst! Part of my agreement was a 2016 tax preparation. After months of waiting my analyst failed to keep me informed of my case. Sporadic at best. Only after going to a supervisor did I find she no longer worked there and I was given a new analyst, something that should have been done without my efforts to find out where I stood. Received threatening letters from the IRS about wage attachments and property sale during this time.

Next analyst was a lot more in touch but we basically started from scratch which took me into a new tax year but even though time wasted was not my fault I had to prepare the new tax on my own. Not a big deal just a pain. Went back and forth on my status for a number of months. Did what was asked and came to a settlement only to find out my debt increased dramatically with interest and penalties. Glad there is an agreement but not the stress and uncertainty that came along.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Mike did a great job keep me up to date with my case whether it was in an email or a call. He answered all my questions I had and was very reassuring that my case with the IRS would be taken care of and that I had nothing to worry about. It was a pleasure working with him.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Cody was a tremendous help in getting my tax problem solved. Thanks to him I can now breathe easier. Cody was very courteous and friendly. Answered all my questions and explanations were very easy to understand. I had problems with others at Tax Defense, however I was really impressed with his professional attitude.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My tax return (2017) was completed by Amber **. She is fast, accurate, and very thorough!! Amber ** is a very competent asset at Tax Defense Network!!! I enjoy having Amber do My tax returns because they will be done right!!! Thank you Amber and I will be calling you next year!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

DEEDEE WAS THE BEST EVER. SHE WALKED ME THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS. I wish I would have had her from the beginning process. She was an amazing person to go through this process with. She's awesome! She's perfect! Should be more employees like her. She knew what she was talking about when I asked questions. She should be modeled after. She was a joy to work with! I appreciate her so much!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Network?

Original review: April 26, 2018

Thomas ** is amazing! His calmness and professionalism was greatly appreciated. He handled my case thoroughly and with great detail and expertise. I was worried about the IRS coming after me, as well as, losing my home and everything else I have worked hard for. His knowledge saved me! He is indeed an asset to your corporation! Thank you!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Amber, was very pleasant to work with and did a great job on following up on everything! She always took the time to explain everything completely and to make sure I understood everything. I will always recommend the Tax Defense people! They did a fantastic job in a very difficult situation.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Charlot ** did an absolutely wonderful job in completing and preparing our taxes for 2017. We started with another tax person but requested to be turned over to another person. Charlot picked up and understood all our issues as this was a very complicated tax year for us. There was never an issue she could not solve. Her excellent customer service, patience, knowledge, and accuracy in preparing and completing our taxes made it a smooth experience. Her communication with us was great as always answered our calls by phone and text. Thank you Charlot, we appreciate all your help and assistance.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Cody was extremely professional in handling my case maintaining constant communications. The other associates assured me of All worries when I was receiving the threatening calls and letters but once signed on board, they ceased almost immediately. All my questions were answered and I would definitely recommend your service to my friends.

Original review: April 23, 2018

To Robin **, I had a Very friendly and professional experience with her. She saved me over $50 thousands dollars in back taxes. Thanks to her and her team. I will recommend them to my friends Without any hesitation. I will highly recommend you to my friends and family and thanks again Robin. You are being my hero!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I was impressed with Jerry who took my initial call. He was very patient and reassuring. Aqueel was very good at answering questions, I tried to be very responsive to document requests, Suzan ** was incredible. The only concern I had was Aqueel got sick and I was stressing it would have been nice if someone had called or emailed, I would have liked to just have left our direct withdrawal in place with the money being forwarded to the IRS, just less paperwork. It would also allow you to monitor the account balances.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Our experience with Tax Defense Network has been an extremely positive one and would definitely and highly recommend them. Our encounter with their tax analysts like Robert ** is something we would always treasure with his high professionalism and knowledgeability in dealing with our case. From the beginning to the end Robert has guided us along on the step by step procedures and expectations. He has the empathy along the way of how we felt when we felt like a heavy load is on our shoulders. His constant reassurances made us felt very confident that our case will reach the final positive outcome and it did. Thank you Tax Defense Network...

Original review: April 3, 2018

Anna ** was very professional, very friendly & answered all my questions. She kept me informed of everything that was going on & followed up with me whenever she heard from the IRS & also when she didn’t hear anything to let me know she was still there. Absolutely recommend her to friends or family!!!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I would like to thank the team of great professionals that worked their hardest to come out with the best possible solution to my circumstances. They were in constant contact with me every step of the way. This helped me have peace of mind every step of the way and into the future.

Original review: March 30, 2018

It was a pleasure working with Tax Defense Network and Aaron **. Thank you for your guidance and assistance throughout. I speak for each of the partners listed above in thanking you for Aaron’s professionalism, expertise, diligence and candor in all of the twists and turns this case took. Speaking for myself, I will heartily recommend Tax Defense Network to folks who find themselves in similar straits. Thank you for mentioning the additional services as well. We will review.

Original review: March 29, 2018

The representative from TDN was always courteous and respectful. Would recommend to everyone! He called me and explained everything to a T. Anyone looking to have the burden of tax help you need to call Tax Defense Network, they have helped me out twice! Don’t hesitate. Do it now! The team at Tax Defense Network really know how to get your issues resolved!

Original review: March 24, 2018

I would highly recommend to anyone that is having problems with the IRS to use the services of the professionals at Tax Defense Network. I had not filed my taxes for 18 years after my small business company failed. I had tried the services of another nationwide tax service in 2008, only to have the government shut them down for misleading their clients as to what they could do for them. I lost the money I had paid to them. Finally in 2017 and having the IRS saying I owed them $70,000 plus I decided to try again because the IRS was about to put liens and garnishment into effect.

I searched for a company that I felt would be able to help me. I decided to use the services of Tax Defense Network. From the very beginning I felt very comfortable with how every one of the consultants treated me. There was lots of paperwork to fill out and my questions were either answered by a email or phone call within 2 to 4 hours. After about 6 months Tax Defense Network finalized everything with the IRS. Can you imagine my complete surprise of not only getting my tax burden released to zero but I also am receiving refunds back from the IRS for the last few years. Thank you Tax Defense Network. I would highly recommend that you use the services of Tax Defense Network.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I am always working to improve my quality of life, and with your help, I can be back on track in no time. In the future, I can then refer someone to you... You are doing a good, keep up the good work, and as time passes then I can look back at these moments and laugh about it over a drink of wine...

Original review: March 10, 2018

She was very professional and compassion and thorough with everything she did and she put herself in my position as far as empathy and strived to always follow up consistently. Would recommend her to family and friends. She worked within my schedule and made me feel as though she cared and so does the company.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I am very satisfied 100% the job Robin has done for me. I thank you all very much Tax Defense Network for your help. I would recommend my friends for Tax Defense Network and Robin. I thank you again so very much. I will stay in touch with you in the future. Aloha from Hawaii.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Heather was very professional and completed the filing tasks quickly to meet the deadline needed. My case was resolved and I am free from further trouble. When I had questions they were answered. I honestly could have filed the case myself although there would not have been the protection I needed. Great job!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I worked with Robin ** and she as amazing to work with. She kept me informed with every step of the process and got me a favorable outcome. I am beyond pleased with my experience. I would recommend her and Tax Defense Network to anyone with the same situation. I may even have them help my wife with her student loan debt.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Jill was great and the whole team did better than I initially expected. I would recommend them anytime! Great people!! They helped and kept me abreast of all the changes and necessary paperwork. They were there anytime I had questions or concerns and always courteous!! They are the best tax help out there in my opinion and you're selling yourself short if you are in need of these services. Tax Defense Network all the way!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We started our case in 2016, and it was dropped many times and I had to keep contacting customer service to argue about how it wasn't going well. Once Robin took over our case we were consistently updated and she kept on it for over 2 years until we finally got a positive resolution. Thank you Robin.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I really loved the help the Tax Defense Network gave to me. They was very patient with me, helpful the entire time. I want to thank the Tax Defense Network for helping me get my life back. Now I can worry less knowing my IRS debt is behind me. You're awesome.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

My agent Robin ** was not only easy to understand, quick and efficient with a resolution, but she was also kind and understanding. Many of us who are in this predicament really appreciate that human interaction, it means the world! The pricing is a bit pricey, but once you get issues resolved with the IRS it is worth it. Thank so much to Robin and the TDN team.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Once our account hit Mark’s desk, our tax situation was handled quickly and professionally. We got our taxes back and the matter resolved to our satisfaction. We were very frightened about how the situation could have turned out, but we are paying a very reasonable sum and now know where to turn for all future tax questions.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Tax Defense is a very knowledgeable company and everyone was very helpful. I will definitely recommend friends and family. They answered all the questions I had and they were very prompt with their delivery of work. I liked that I didn't hassled. Left me with a peace of mind and worry-free. Thanks Tax Defense!

Tax Defense Network expert review by Andrew Poulos

Tax Defense Network is a tax problem resolution company that works with individuals, business owners and people who are self-employed to resolve tax debt.

• Tax debt problems: Tax Defense Network can help you with problems including IRS tax levy, IRS tax penalties, back taxes, IRS tax liens, delinquent taxes and payroll taxes.

• Solutions: The company will work with you to find the solution for your tax debt problem. Some of the solutions they offer include tax debt forgiveness, innocent spouse relief, IRS appeals, a settlement agreement known as an Offer in Compromise (OIC), installment agreements and payment plans.

• The process: After a free consultation via telephone, the tax professionals at Tax Defense Network will collect information on your situation, review your case and give you a quote and timeline for resolution. If you decide to retain them, they will mediate your case and keep you informed every step of the way.

• Payment plans: Tax Defense Network’s tax professionals can help you figure out the best repayment strategy for your situation. Then they will help you petition the IRS to allow you to pay your taxes in installments over time.

• Resources: Tax Defense Network can equip you with tools to help prevent future problems. They will help you learn how to prepare for tax season and avoid tax problems in the first place.

• Expertise: The Tax Defense Network team has over 250 years of combined experience, including experience working for the IRS. They have the expertise needed to help you resolve your tax problems.

• Best for: individuals, business owners and self-employed people who have tax debt.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos

Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Tax Defense Network Company Information