Find a Tax Relief partner

2. Tax Relief

3.8/5 (53 ratings)
Find a Tax Relief partner

Find Tax Relief partners near you

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

About Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network offers you assistance on any tax debt related issues. From tax liens, penalties, wage garnishments and more, our team of experts are ready to assist you. Our tax experts have over 250 years of experience combined. Visit our website today to learn more or to get started on a personalized tax resolution plan today!

Find Tax Relief partners near you

Pros

• Free consultation
    • Wide variety of services
    • Affordable pricing
    • Qualified experts

Cons

• Limited accreditations
    • Minimal refund policy

Bottom Line

Tax Defense Network provides assistance with tax-related debt issues. With cases advised by their staff of qualified experts, Tax Defense Network offers a wide variety of services and solutions.

Top Tax Defense Network Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My accountant had made a rather large mistake on my tax returns. I needed help. To arrange a payment plan that I could actually afford to pay. And I am happy to say that Robin was...

Verified

Talk about a huge weight lifted! I was so scared and stressed thinking how we were going to deal with our huge tax bill! The help I received from all parties involved was not only...

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

About Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network is a tax resolution company that staffs hundreds of tax experts across the country. Staff members include CPAs, tax attorneys, accredited tax advisors and more. Tax Defense Network’s specialists have consulted on over $17 billion in tax debt relief.

Tax Defense Network services

With access to bureaucratic channels and expertise in tax resolution, Tax Defense Network has a variety of services to help clients resolve their complex tax problems.

Tax Defense Network offers the following services:

Tax preparation
    The experts with Tax Defense Network help individuals and businesses navigate through the current U.S. tax code to prepare their taxes and avoid complications or penalties. Its tax analysts and CPAs help customers find their best returns and provide tips on saving more in the future.
    Tax audit
    Dealing with the IRS can be intimidating for individuals and businesses alike. Tax Defense Network offers worry-free tax audit help, including avoiding or abating penalties, easing the process, and representing customers during the audit. Tax Defense Networks’ CPAs and attorneys work on behalf of customers to simplify the sophisticated process and make sure customers find their best solution.
    Tax relief
    Since 2007, Tax Defense Network has helped tens of thousands of people, consulting on over $17 billion in tax debt. There are many different avenues customers can take for tax relief. Tax Defense Network helps point them in the right direction through support and hands-on help, allowing customers to save more on their taxes and avoid further costly penalties.
    Tax help
    Owing hundreds or thousands to the IRS can be extremely overwhelming. Tax Defense Network helps customers through general tax debt help, including delinquency, back taxes and wage garnishment. They work on customers’ behalf to stop collections actions and reach an affordable agreement.

How does Tax Defense Network work?

Tax Defense Network has a three-step tax resolution process for all customers. First, its experts provide a free, no-commitment consultation with an expert tax professional. This conversation is entirely confidential and tailored to each customer’s needs.

Next, Tax Defense Network provides professional and helpful recommendations based on the specific situation. This could involve recommending the customer work on their own or with Tax Defense Network. Finally, a tax expert works with the IRS or state agencies on the customer’s behalf to resolve tax issues quickly and efficiently.

Tax Defense Network has expertise in the following resolutions:

• Tax negotiation
    • Offer in Compromise
    • IRS payment plans (also known as installment agreements)
    • IRS Fresh Start Initiative

All customers are assigned a dedicated and fully invested case advisor, which allows better customer-to-advisor communication. Plus, customers have the confidence someone well-versed in the situation is handling the case.

Tax Defense Network FAQ

How much does Tax Defense Network cost?
    No matter the situation, Tax Defense Network has affordable tax relief solutions with financing options starting at $99. Online comments show cost starting around $3,000, dependant on the complexity of the case. This is a very competitive price in the industry.
    Does Tax Defense Network offer any type of guarantee?
    Customers are eligible for a free consultation to learn exactly how much their services will cost, although Tax Defense Network may charge a $500 investigation fee before actually completing work or giving a final estimate on cost. Tax Defense Network offers a tiny window for a refund: three days after payment. This may seem small — and it is — but some companies don’t provide any sort of refund policy.

Do we recommend Tax Defense Network?

Yes. Tax Defense Network has an excellent customer service record, a staff of accredited tax advisors and enrolled agents, and far more affordable pricing options that others in the field. With so many positive reviews, Tax Defense Network is a company many trust and recommend to others.

Tax Defense Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Network?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

What a poor excuse for a company claiming to be your guide with the IRS. For starters I don’t believe anyone there uses their real names. They only call you when your bill is due. They avoid answering any real questions. "We have your back and we will do our “Best” to resolve your issue with the IRS." I actually believe based on wasting more than 18 months and almost $10,000 that they work with the IRS to get you to pay as much as possible. They are a IRS commissioned company. Based on the deal they “worked out” and got me to sign before they got what I needed to pay the IRS was proof enough for me. When I asked if the issue with lifting a lien on my property was handled they said, "If you pay us another $10,000 maybe we can help you with that." What a waste of time!!

Tax Defense Network response

Thank you for providing a new perspective on your feedback on this additional platform. We understand that you are dissatisfied with your resolution options, and we are truly saddened to know that you feel this is relevant to our team's desire to assist you. Our TDN team wants nothing more than to help every client that comes our way. We assure you that the names, work ethic, and dedication of our team members are very real. We understand that you have remaining concerns regarding your specific tax matter and the resolution options that were available to you. We would be more than happy to open a dialog and answer any remaining concerns you may have on this matter. We will be here for you if you need us in the future. We wish you all the best moving forward!

Original review: April 15, 2021

The sales rep told me on my first call to them that a lot of companies give a price for services and then come back with additional fees. He said they never did that. I owe 5 years of taxes and to the best of my knowledge two have been filed. I repeatedly called several staff members and NO ONE would call me back. On one of the two years filed, they made a mistake that made it look like I was trying to scam IRS by declaring a dependent that had filed themselves. Then they told me I needed to pay an additional $3,800 to have them request a “fresh start”. I’m doing it myself after telling them that they could clearly see that I could not afford to pay their additional fee. Don’t use this company; they don’t care about the fact that they are scammers and have no problem taking your money, whether you have it or not. BBB gives them an A+ rating. Smh!

Tax Defense Network response

Maureen, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we want you to know that our client feedback is valuable to us and our ability to improve our services. Concerns like yours are taken very seriously and will be reviewed internally to determine what could have been done differently to improve your experience with our team. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and assisting in our ability to improve our client experiences moving forward.

We would also like our clients to know that if at any point they have a servicing concern they would like to address with our team, they may do so by contacting our Client Care Team directly at (877) 856-5118. We are always ready and available to address our client's concerns and establish satisfying resolutions for their tax matters!

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I contacted this organization back in December 2019. Spoke to a gentleman by the name of Zachary **. I explained to him that I had recently had another agency working on my taxes and didn’t feel they were much help. Told him the situation and he assured me they could do a better job. He told me about the process and how much it was gonna cost and applied for the loan for me. The cost was $5.000 dollars. I was connected with Kristina **, who was awesome, however, she told me the same thing the first tax guy did. So with that being said, I still owed over 10,000 in taxes and now on top of that the $5.000 for the loan to pay them. This guy is a liar and I would have been better off just going with the other agency. They make promises they do not keep. Keep your money and find a reputation company. The only reason I gave them 2 stars was Kristina was so nice and helpful and I am sure she didn’t know the promises Zachary made.

Tax Defense Network response

Felicia, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered while working to resolve your tax matters and we will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and for bringing these matters to our attention.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Please don't contact this company for any help with your IRS problems. They sell you a dream. They should be out of business. The staff there work like they're part-time. I would suggest you deal direct with the IRS. Will save you time and a peace of mind.

Tax Defense Network response

Lenny, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We are sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with our services. We appreciate you bringing this information to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to improve our client experiences in the future.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

We obtained services from the Tax Defense Network back at the end of October of 2019. Here it is almost the end of February, and absolutely NOTHING has been done. We paid over $6,000.00 and am completely disgusted with the service we have received. Every time we call to get an update it becomes a song and a dance of confusion. Nobody there knows what each other is doing. We've had to resend paperwork multiple times (which costs money to do) due to it being misplaced, or "I don't see it in the file". Every time it is another excuse. The IRS has now levied our bank account, after being told that they would be contacted. The IRS was NEVER contacted by this firm. Don't waste your money with the Tax Defense Network. We're better off trying to deal with the IRS ourselves.

Tax Defense Network response

Brian, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered while working to resolve your tax matters and we will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I hired these crooks to help me with my tax situation and after paying them over $23000.00 of my money I am still having issues with the government about my taxes. These crooks have not helped me at all. They were supposed to reach out to the IRS about my situation and never did. I was and still am receiving threatening letters from the IRS and the tax network was supposed to handle all of this for me. I was told by one of these crooks that they had not received any information from the irs about my situation but the irs seems to think differently. Stay away from these guys. They are not professional, all they want is your money and after 6 months of dealing with them and paying 340.00 per month I am still in debt with the IRS. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THE TAX NETWORK, PLEASE. FIND ANOTHER OPTION!!!

Tax Defense Network response

Dee, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered while working to resolve your tax matters and we will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I paid over $4,000 for absolutely no help. They did not lower or negotiate anything for me. I am still paying the bill and I am still accruing interest and penalties annually. Over 2 years paying $11000 a year and what I owe has gone down $8000. They may be worse than the IRS.

Tax Defense Network response

M, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. While we would love to be able to reduce each client's debt (when applicable), unfortunately, not all of our clients qualify for these reductions. We would like to sincerely apologize for the impact this has had on your perception of our services. Our team will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Paid $7000+ for a tax resolution to significantly reduce tax debt. Solution provided was a CNC (currently not collectible). After further research found we seriously overpaid for this solution. The sales person did not respond to inquiries and another representative said the salesperson was not qualified to present us with the solution that we were sold on. We should be entitled to a partial refund, but cannot find a resolution process to apply with.

Tax Defense Network response

Pat, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and for bringing your servicing concerns to our attention.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Just know if you go with these people that the person filing your tax will be a preparer and not a professional, which they try and sell to you later with webinars. They also closed an agreement without speaking to me first. Such as; non-payment, which would allow for it to go on my credit report. Why do they think, people would be okay with having bad things on their credit report? I barely communicated with Linda **, Service Partner. Slow to emails, and they let you know it is easier to email. I am shelling out $4500 for this work, and I got nothing, she waited until my second payment was due before she called. Then 3 days after she said it was closed, and told me how it was going to be on my credit now, cause I can't pay. Well hell, I rather starve than have that on my credit. How frustrating she decided that without even discussing it with me before the fact. I swear that is so unprofessional.

Tax Defense Network response

Tamika, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we want you to know that our client feedback is valuable to us and our ability to improve our services. Concerns like yours are taken very seriously and will be reviewed internally to determine what could have been done differently during your time with our company. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and assisting in our ability to improve our client experiences moving forward.

Original review: April 25, 2019

First, it like to say my tax agent was excellent, patient and very helpful. However the initial phone call with who signed me up basically tells you anything you want to hear, kind of like a desperate used car salesman, pretty much full of **. After talking to customer service about the first broken promise, they gave me a minimal discount. Then I had had to call customer service again, due to another broken promise by the initial agent, and this time I was told she would be talked to about it. AGAIN, DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU ARE TOLD BY THE INITIAL PHONE CALL!!!! The tax agent that helped me was awesome!!!! Just

Tax Defense Network response

Joe, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. While we are glad that your Tax Specialist was able to provide a satisfying experience in resolving your tax matters, we are saddened to hear your initial contact with our company could have been better. We will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and for choosing TDN as your tax resolution company.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Tax Defense Network author review by Andrew Poulos

Tax Defense Network helps consumers resolve tax problems and provides basic tax preparation services.

• Services: Tax Defense Network handles business and individual tax preparation, IRS and state tax relief, offers in compromise and innocent spouse relief.

• Accreditations: Tax Defense Network is licensed to provide tax relief services.

• Enrolled agents: Tax Defense Network employs enrolled agents, tax analysts and attorneys.

• Minimum debt required: $5,000 to $7,500

by Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Tax Defense Network Company Information