Tax Defense Network Reviews

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Larson Tax Relief

Larson Tax Relief Reviews

About Tax Defense Network

Headquartered in Florida, Tax Defense Network provides tax debt relief assistance to individuals and businesses across all 50 states. The company has physical locations in 32 states. All potential clients can start with a free consultation before committing to services.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Physical locations in many states
    • Spanish-speaking help available
    Cons
    • No published prices

Featured Reviews

Verified
    Hot Springs National Park, AR

Dealing with the IRS is more difficult and frustrating than I imagined. Jane ** explained how they think and what they will do. She told what I needed to hear whether I liked it o...

Verified
    Victor, MT

The people there were very helpful to handle my case quickly and work out an agreement with the IRS that I could handle. They all had a good attitude and it removed a lot of stres...

What is Tax Defense Network?

Founded in 2007, Tax Defense Network helps with a wide variety of tax debt issues, pending tax problems and the prevention of tax liabilities. Its team of EAs, CPAs and tax attorneys allows clients to get tax relief, no matter how severe their tax problem is. Its website is also full of helpful resources such as forms, calculators and downloadable tax guides.

How does Tax Defense Network work?

After your initial free consultation, the tax professional will conduct a thorough analysis of your tax situation. The company will not give you a price quote until it has reviewed your case thoroughly. Based on the analysis, the tax professional will develop a strategy for resolving your tax problems. This may involve negotiating with the IRS or state tax authorities on your behalf, preparing tax returns or filing appeals.

Tax Defense Network services

Tax Defense Network offers tax services for both tax relief and tax preparation. Here is an overview of what the company provides:

Tax relief
    Whether you are facing a tax audit or need help setting up a payment plan or Fresh Start Initiative with the IRS, the Tax Defense Network can help. Since 2007, Tax Defense Network has helped tens of thousands of people, consulting on over $9 billion in tax debt.
    Tax help
    Owing thousands to the IRS can be extremely overwhelming. Tax Defense Network helps customers through general tax debt help, including delinquency, back taxes and wage garnishment. It works on customers’ behalf to stop collections actions and reach an affordable agreement.
    Small business help
    Tax Defense Network offers small business services for sole proprietors, partnerships and corporations. It can help with payroll taxes, startup plans and bookkeeping alongside solving any small business tax-related issues.

How much does Tax Defense Network cost?

Exact pricing is not published on Tax Defense Network’s website, but it does offer financing options starting at $99.

While Tax Defense Network does not publish prices for its tax debt relief services, it does share pricing for its TaxSafe program. TaxSafe is additional tax help up to 24 months after your resolved tax case to ensure you remain compliant with the IRS. It comes in three packages:

• Basic: $27.99 per month
    • Standard: $49.99 per month
    • Pro: $128.99 per month

Tax Defense Network FAQ

Can I resolve tax issues without a resolution company?

Yes, you can deal with the IRS directly. However, dealing with the IRS can be complicated and time-consuming, and you might not get the outcome you're hoping for. Even if you are unsure if you should hire a tax professional or do-it-yourself, a free consultation can be helpful.

How long does the tax resolution process take?

The process can vary depending on how complicated your tax situation is and how fast you get your paperwork in order. A few Tax Defense Network customer reviews said that the process took them between three and six months. The company says it takes on average from six to 12 months and its team can give a more definite timeline after your initial consultation.

Can Tax Defense Network guarantee results?

No, the Tax Defense Network does not guarantee that you will reduce your tax bill with the IRS. Additionally, it does not offer any refunds or money-back offers if you’re dissatisfied.

Does Tax Defense Network offer payment plans?

Yes. Tax Defense Network says most clients are eligible for affordable payment plans starting at $99.

Is Tax Defense Network legit?

Tax Defense Network is a legitimate company that holds many certifications, including from the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) and the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP). The company says that it has helped over tens of thousands of clients with over $9 billion of tax liabilities.

Tax Defense Network Reviews

Stars Rating

• 22%
    • 18%
    • 0%
    • 0%
    • 60%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Network?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Network?
      Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

My experience with Tax Defense Network was short lived, but positive. After reviewing my case, the knowledgeable consultant advised that I was in the best position already on my long-term payment plan and that anything Tax Defense Network could do would not be economical for me. I appreciated the honesty and non-pushy sales strategy...something that is hard to come by nowadays.

Pinned

Marc, we're happy to hear our team could provide you with beneficial information during your consultation. We are grateful for your call and the opportunity to assist you!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 24, 2024

Feel free to reach out to Tax Defense Network. They requested I call them back regarding my parents and their "unpaid taxes." When I asked what data they had on unpaid taxes they hung up immediately. When I let them know the vm message they said there was nothing they could do about it and refused to escalate to a supervisor. They finally transferred me to P who asked if I had nothing better to do with life to which I responded nothing better than protecting vulnerable seniors. I complimented both P and S at having great communications skills and asked if there was a way for them to support their families while not taking advantage of mine. To this inquiry I received laughing. So sad to take advantage of people this way. I have empathy to a point but not about my parents. And to clarify, we all work with a long term accountant so there would be nothing not paid. Just a scam to scare them.

Pinned
      Our team cannot identify our clients based on the information provided and has not received a response for additional information from you. Your feedback does not seem representative of the service our company provides to our clients and without the ability to research this issue, we cannot begin to identify where this issue may have originated.

While we believe you may have mistaken our company with someone else, we ask that you contact our Client Care Team at (877) 856-5118.

We would be happy to speak with you and have the opportunity to investigate this further.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed April 23, 2024

Please do not waste your time with this company. After paying over $2000, there are no calls from anyone, but my account was drafted regularly. I had reached out several times, and promised that calls would be returned—-well, I’m still waiting and my pockets are lighter. I’m saddened that I was scammed, but if I can help anyone. Please don’t use this company!!

Pinned

Yvette, we are sorry to hear your experience has fallen short of expectations. Our team is committed to improving your experience and have been working to reach you to resolve this matter. We look forward to addressing your concerns and continuing your road to resolution.

Profile pic of the author.
        Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I have nothing good or bad say as of right now. I just signed up them today. I had a pleasant conversation with Darwin. My taxes are allover the place for like 10 years. I don't even know what's happening anymore. Hopefully Darwin can shed some light on my situation. They charge me $450 two equal payments to look into what I owe and course of action we need to take. I am giving them 5 stars because Darwin was polite and professional. I will keep you posted on my progress as my case develops or write another review.

Pinned
        Luis, we're glad to hear your experience with our consultation team has been positive. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a stellar experience as you transition to working with your assigned tax analyst on your services.

Feel free to contact our Client Care Team at (877) 856-5118 if you have any questions or concerns about your services, so we can ensure you receive nothing short of a 5-star experience!

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

I reached out to Tax Defense Network 2 years ago about federal back taxes owed in California. After 2 years a few days ago l get a text from Omar with a screenshot of my tax letter that l have until December 25 to resolve this matter. I have not heard from anyone in months. I called Sara, left voicemail and called the customer service number to get in contact with her no calls. I called today and she finally answered and tells me ,"If you need us to talk to the IRS is going to cost you $1000." Wow, this is the reason Sara and her team sent me that screenshot a few days ago. My deadline is on December 25, 2023. Don’t waste your money on this company. They really don’t help you.

From the beginning l was the one doing all the work. I got this service to help me, not put me in a worse situation. This company shouldn’t be in business. Sara and her whole team and company are useless people who call themselves professionals. I could have paid the money l spend on Tax Defense Network to the IRS because they were super expensive and they didn’t do nothing for me. Please people don’t use this company, 2 years from now you will be in my shoes if you use them to help you.

Pinned
        Hello, Mayra. Following a review of your services and experience, we believe there is some confusion about what has taken place. Your contracted services were completed about two years ago. However, our team reached out recently to notify you about a notice we received regarding a change in status for your tax matters. While a copy was received by our team, the initial notice should have been sent to your physical address. Our team regularly reaches out to former clients to ensure they are aware of any communications from the IRS. Sara advised that we would need to establish a new case if you wanted our team to assist you in resolving this additional tax matter. The decision to pursue new services is up to you. It was not a required action or an indication of a previously incomplete service.

If you would like to speak with our team about this, please feel free to reach out so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2023

Reached out to Tax Defense Network almost 2 years ago about back taxes owed to the state of Maryland. And after all this time, I'm in no better position than I originally was. Tax analyst? I doubt it.

Pinned

Our team has had the opportunity to work with our client and address their concerns about their services. We look forward to providing them with a more reassuring experience as they continue their road to resolution!

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2023

They should be put out of business! My taxes are a mess. They tried to correct what they did wrong and made it worse. Now I can't even call them because all the numbers I have are disconnected! Warning. Do not use them!!!

Pinned

Hello, Joice. Our company adjusted our phone system some time ago, and clients with active cases were notified of these changes. If the numbers you have are no longer in service, we suggest contacting our direct number listed on our Google page or our website www.taxdefensenetwork.com.

We understand that this change was an inconvenience to many clients and apologize for the impact this has had on your experience!

Micheal increased rating by 3 stars.
        Customer Service
        After a positive interaction with Tax Defense Network, Micheal increased their star rating on Aug. 10, 2023.

Updated review: Aug. 10, 2023

I’d like to say, I got 3 times the amount I was going to get in HR Block. They do take some time to answer emails but they take care of business. I’m so grateful for their help. God bless.

Original Review: Aug. 8, 2023

It’s true they don’t answer emails! I’ve reached out since last Friday and including today and no one responds. I’ve decided to do a chargeback since the service isn’t being provided. I wasn’t even given a time range for when my taxes would be done after I submitted everything. I worried after so many negative reviews. I had provided all my info which is worst. They seem polite when they respond to these complaints but their business practices lack ethic. If you don’t respond to your customers close the shop. It’s been over a week and no response so my money was charged before they delivered the service which I think it’s illegal and no service provided yet.

Pinned

We're happy to have been able to turn this client's experience around. It's been wonderful working with them to achieve a positive outcome for their tax matters!

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2022

Bad experience. Lawyer didn’t listen or care. Got me an unaffordable settlement. I don’t recommend. Kenneth ** didn’t try hard for me. I’m not sure who he was working for. I would stay away from them.

Pinned

We are disappointed knowing that you don't feel your resolution was in your best interest. While we understand that our clients hope for specific outcomes, sadly, the options available to them are determined by a variety of factors which include (but are not limited to); IRS policies and their individual financial circumstances. Our team is aware of your concerns and will contact you soon to discuss this matter further.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2022

Excellent staff. 1 person Pamala ** filed and worked out my problem in 2012 and has been doing my taxes ever since. She is excellent person. Listens and works with you. Real Person. Great communication. Goes above and beyond. Understand person. Great asset to the company.

Pinned

Steven, thank you for taking a moment to leave this review about our team and services. We truly appreciate your business and this great feedback!

Owe the IRS thousands? See if you qualify for relief.

Tax Defense Network Company Information

9000 Southside Blvd, Suite 11000
          Jacksonville
          FL
          www.taxdefensenetwork.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: