3.8/5 (60 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network offers you assistance on any tax debt related issues. From tax liens, penalties, wage garnishments and more, our team of experts are ready to assist you. Our tax experts have over 250 years of experience combined. Visit our website today to learn more or to get started on a personalized tax resolution plan today!

Find Tax Relief partners near you

Pros

• Free consultation
    • Wide variety of services
    • Affordable pricing
    • Qualified experts

Cons

• Limited accreditations
    • Minimal refund policy

Bottom Line

Tax Defense Network provides assistance with tax-related debt issues. With cases advised by their staff of qualified experts, Tax Defense Network offers a wide variety of services and solutions.

Top Tax Defense Network Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My accountant had made a rather large mistake on my tax returns. I needed help. To arrange a payment plan that I could actually afford to pay. And I am happy to say that Robin was...

Verified

Talk about a huge weight lifted! I was so scared and stressed thinking how we were going to deal with our huge tax bill! The help I received from all parties involved was not only...

What is Tax Defense Network?

Tax Defense Network is a tax resolution company that staffs hundreds of tax experts across the country. Staff members include CPAs, tax attorneys, accredited tax advisors and more. Tax Defense Network’s specialists have consulted on over $17 billion in tax debt relief.

Tax Defense Network services

With access to bureaucratic channels and expertise in tax resolution, Tax Defense Network has a variety of services to help clients resolve their complex tax problems.

Tax Defense Network offers the following services:

Tax preparation
    The experts with Tax Defense Network help individuals and businesses navigate through the current U.S. tax code to prepare their taxes and avoid complications or penalties. Its tax analysts and CPAs help customers find their best returns and provide tips on saving more in the future.
    Tax audit
    Dealing with the IRS can be intimidating for individuals and businesses alike. Tax Defense Network offers worry-free tax audit help, including avoiding or abating penalties, easing the process, and representing customers during the audit. Tax Defense Networks’ CPAs and attorneys work on behalf of customers to simplify the sophisticated process and make sure customers find their best solution.
    Tax relief
    Since 2007, Tax Defense Network has helped tens of thousands of people, consulting on over $17 billion in tax debt. There are many different avenues customers can take for tax relief. Tax Defense Network helps point them in the right direction through support and hands-on help, allowing customers to save more on their taxes and avoid further costly penalties.
    Tax help
    Owing hundreds or thousands to the IRS can be extremely overwhelming. Tax Defense Network helps customers through general tax debt help, including delinquency, back taxes and wage garnishment. They work on customers’ behalf to stop collections actions and reach an affordable agreement.

How does Tax Defense Network work?

Tax Defense Network has a three-step tax resolution process for all customers. First, its experts provide a free, no-commitment consultation with an expert tax professional. This conversation is entirely confidential and tailored to each customer’s needs.

Next, Tax Defense Network provides professional and helpful recommendations based on the specific situation. This could involve recommending the customer work on their own or with Tax Defense Network. Finally, a tax expert works with the IRS or state agencies on the customer’s behalf to resolve tax issues quickly and efficiently.

Tax Defense Network has expertise in the following resolutions:

• Tax negotiation
    • Offer in Compromise
    • IRS payment plans (also known as installment agreements)
    • IRS Fresh Start Initiative

All customers are assigned a dedicated and fully invested case advisor, which allows better customer-to-advisor communication. Plus, customers have the confidence someone well-versed in the situation is handling the case.

Tax Defense Network FAQ

How much does Tax Defense Network cost?

No matter the situation, Tax Defense Network has affordable tax relief solutions with financing options starting at $99. Online comments show cost starting around $3,000, dependant on the complexity of the case. This is a very competitive price in the industry.

Does Tax Defense Network offer any type of guarantee?

Customers are eligible for a free consultation to learn exactly how much their services will cost, although Tax Defense Network may charge a $500 investigation fee before actually completing work or giving a final estimate on cost. Tax Defense Network offers a tiny window for a refund: three days after payment. This may seem small — and it is — but some companies don’t provide any sort of refund policy.

Do we recommend Tax Defense Network?

Yes. Tax Defense Network has an excellent customer service record, a staff of accredited tax advisors and enrolled agents, and far more affordable pricing options that others in the field. With so many positive reviews, Tax Defense Network is a company many trust and recommend to others.

Tax Defense Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Network?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Excellent staff. 1 person Pamala ** filed and worked out my problem in 2012 and has been doing my taxes ever since. She is excellent person. Listens and works with you. Real Person. Great communication. Goes above and beyond. Understand person. Great asset to the company.

Tax Defense Network response

Steven, thank you for taking a moment to leave this review about our team and services. We truly appreciate your business and this great feedback!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Dealing with the IRS is more difficult and frustrating than I imagined. Jane ** explained how they think and what they will do. She told what I needed to hear whether I liked it or not. She helped me put my house in order. Thanks for everything.

Tax Defense Network response

Timothy, we're happy to hear that Jane made this a positive and reassuring experience for you. Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for our TDN team!

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2022

The people there were very helpful to handle my case quickly and work out an agreement with the IRS that I could handle. They all had a good attitude and it removed a lot of stress from my shoulders!!!

Tax Defense Network response

Peggy, we're thrilled to hear of your positive experience with our team and are happy to have provided you with such a reassuring resolution journey. Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 28, 2022

Well trained staff and they are experienced at their job. I think it went well, they helped me every step of the way on understanding the process on what to expect. Your kindness will always be remembered. Thank you once again.

Tax Defense Network response

We're happy to know that our team provided you with such a reassuring and positive experience. It's been a pleasure helping you to resolve your tax matters!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I called this company because I have unfiled tax returns and I knew they would have to be filed and would cause a huge debt. They charged over 3500.00 to do nothing. 1. I FILED MY TAXES. 2. I HAD TO CALL IRS. SPENT 4 HOURS TO GET A PAYMENT THAT I COULD EVEN HALFWAY AFFORD. They assigned a guy by the name Kevin b to my case at first. Per IRS records he called once. Got me on a tiered payment plan. However when he called all my tax debt had not posted so when it did (which he was aware of this) and should of known when the other posted that the payment plan he put me in would (DEFAULT) which it did. So I called back. They opened my case back up and the manager Matthew got my case worked. However after delay delay delay for him to keep telling me he will get with his LICENSED TAX PROFESSIONAL. He said the best they could do is get IRS to give me a HIGHER PAYMENT PLAN THAT WHAT I WAS ON.

He said it is their policy. So he could not explain to me why I would pay them to get me a higher payment than I was on. Keep in mind they got ZERO of my IRS tax debt forgiven. Also keep in mind IRS can tell you how many times they call on your behalf. My call record with them was a total of 2 times. This company can do nothing for you. Do not waste your money. The money you pay them put it toward your IRS debt. Because you will end up having to pay all of it anyway. I will be disputing all payments they have taken from me and going forward. One last thing. They will come back here and respond. They contacted me X amounts of times but trust me those calls were worthless and told me nothing the IRS had not already told me. They call and email to log communication. THAT IS IT.

Tax Defense Network response

Hello, Tracie. We understand that there has been some confusion about your services, and we hope that your recent communications with our management team have assisted in addressing your concerns. The adjustments to your tiered payment plan were necessary based on your current tax situation, and so were the prepared 2021 tax returns. While you reviewed, signed and filed the returns, they were completed by our team per your contractual agreement. The returns were also necessary for your updated tiered resolution plan, as these returns were unfiled at the time and placed you in non-compliance preventing a new resolution from being established. Sadly, the increase in your tiered payment plan is unavoidable, as your combined federal tax balances will increase due to your recent filings. We understand that this is quite a bit of information to digest, but hoping additional communications with our team can help alleviate any further concerns our client may have.

Original review: July 2, 2022

This company is terrible, they don't reply to emails or return phone calls, all they want is your money. After 2 years all they did seems like they just copied and pasted my options from the CA Ftb website something I could have done myself, they did absolutely nothing for me but take my money. Save your money and hire a different company.

Tax Defense Network response

Eduard, it is our priority to provide top-tier service to our clients. So, we are disappointed to hear that you are dissatisfied with your experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to have a deeper discussion about your feedback, but we are unable to identify you based on the information provided. Please call (877) 856-5118 to speak with our Client Care Team so we may assist you further!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

We paid TDN $6000 to file back taxes and set up a payment plan. We received an email August 2021 stating the last return from 2019 had been filed and our payment would be X amount per month. We just received a bill for $29000 due March 7, 2022 because TDN didn't do the job We paid them to do. Save your money.

Tax Defense Network response
      Hello, LeEllon. As previously discussed with our Client Care Team, our team has completed all contracted services accurately and accordingly. Unfortunately, the error has fallen on the side of the IRS due to a delay in processing your resolution. Please keep in mind that you are not the only taxpayer impacted by IRS delays at this time, and this is something that our team takes very seriously.

As promised, our team is working on your behalf to resolve this matter with the IRS. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please feel free to contact our team directly, as our top priority is assisting you and ensuring your resolution is properly coded.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

What a poor excuse for a company claiming to be your guide with the IRS. For starters I don’t believe anyone there uses their real names. They only call you when your bill is due. They avoid answering any real questions. "We have your back and we will do our “Best” to resolve your issue with the IRS." I actually believe based on wasting more than 18 months and almost $10,000 that they work with the IRS to get you to pay as much as possible. They are a IRS commissioned company. Based on the deal they “worked out” and got me to sign before they got what I needed to pay the IRS was proof enough for me. When I asked if the issue with lifting a lien on my property was handled they said, "If you pay us another $10,000 maybe we can help you with that." What a waste of time!!

Tax Defense Network response

Thank you for providing a new perspective on your feedback on this additional platform. We understand that you are dissatisfied with your resolution options, and we are truly saddened to know that you feel this is relevant to our team's desire to assist you. Our TDN team wants nothing more than to help every client that comes our way. We assure you that the names, work ethic, and dedication of our team members are very real. We understand that you have remaining concerns regarding your specific tax matter and the resolution options that were available to you. We would be more than happy to open a dialog and answer any remaining concerns you may have on this matter. We will be here for you if you need us in the future. We wish you all the best moving forward!

Original review: April 15, 2021

The sales rep told me on my first call to them that a lot of companies give a price for services and then come back with additional fees. He said they never did that. I owe 5 years of taxes and to the best of my knowledge two have been filed. I repeatedly called several staff members and NO ONE would call me back. On one of the two years filed, they made a mistake that made it look like I was trying to scam IRS by declaring a dependent that had filed themselves. Then they told me I needed to pay an additional $3,800 to have them request a “fresh start”. I’m doing it myself after telling them that they could clearly see that I could not afford to pay their additional fee. Don’t use this company; they don’t care about the fact that they are scammers and have no problem taking your money, whether you have it or not. BBB gives them an A+ rating. Smh!

Tax Defense Network response

Maureen, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. It's been some time since you've left this review, but we want you to know that our client feedback is valuable to us and our ability to improve our services. Concerns like yours are taken very seriously and will be reviewed internally to determine what could have been done differently to improve your experience with our team. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and assisting in our ability to improve our client experiences moving forward.

We would also like our clients to know that if at any point they have a servicing concern they would like to address with our team, they may do so by contacting our Client Care Team directly at (877) 856-5118. We are always ready and available to address our client's concerns and establish satisfying resolutions for their tax matters!

Original review: March 10, 2020

I contacted this organization back in December 2019. Spoke to a gentleman by the name of Zachary **. I explained to him that I had recently had another agency working on my taxes and didn’t feel they were much help. Told him the situation and he assured me they could do a better job. He told me about the process and how much it was gonna cost and applied for the loan for me. The cost was $5.000 dollars. I was connected with Kristina **, who was awesome, however, she told me the same thing the first tax guy did. So with that being said, I still owed over 10,000 in taxes and now on top of that the $5.000 for the loan to pay them. This guy is a liar and I would have been better off just going with the other agency. They make promises they do not keep. Keep your money and find a reputation company. The only reason I gave them 2 stars was Kristina was so nice and helpful and I am sure she didn’t know the promises Zachary made.

Tax Defense Network response

Felicia, thank you for providing this feedback about your TDN experience. While it's been some time since you've left this review, we want you to know that we consider our client feedback to be a valuable tool for us to improve our services. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered while working to resolve your tax matters and we will be utilizing this information to create better client experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this opportunity and for bringing these matters to our attention.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Tax Defense Network author review by Danni White

Tax Defense Network helps consumers resolve tax problems and provides basic tax preparation services.

• Services: Tax Defense Network handles business and individual tax preparation, IRS and state tax relief, offers in compromise and innocent spouse relief.

• Accreditations: Tax Defense Network is licensed to provide tax relief services.

• Enrolled agents: Tax Defense Network employs enrolled agents, tax analysts and attorneys.

• Minimum debt required: $5,000 to $7,500

by Danni White ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Danni White is committed to providing valuable resources designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions. Danni specializes in content strategy and development, with over a decade of professional writing and research experience.

Tax Defense Network Company Information

9000 Southside Blvd, Suite 11000
        Jacksonville
        FL
        www.taxdefensenetwork.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: