Owe the IRS $10k+ in Tax Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4 US Tax Shield Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I called US Tax Shield back in 2013 when New York state filed a lien on my home for unpaid 2012 taxes, which after the initial telephone conversation, and then filling out the required documentation, they submitted an offer in compromise. After a couple of weeks, US Tax Shield settled my case which made me and my wife very happy and relieved. The tax lien on my home was removed. Thank you Terri ** and Adrineh ** for all of your help!!! I had to call US Tax Shield again this June 2018, when I received a notice from the Internal Revenue Service of their intent to levy my property!! I was shocked. I thought that case was resolved years ago, but it wasn't!!

I used a different tax resolution company, at that time I didn't know about US Tax Shield!!! That other company said they got me the best deal they could. The IRS would put a lien on my home, and as long as I didn't' sell the home for 10 years the lien would automatically be removed, and we would be fine!! And for that it cost me $10,000. That was not the truth!! The IRS came after me and my wife as soon as we made our last mortgage payment. And the IRS wanted an amount due immediately with interest & penalty that was unbelievable!! Over $100,000. I called US Tax Shield and spoke with Bryan **. He was so nice and caring after I told Bryan what happened to me. He immediately called the IRS and put me on a conference call with them and got them to put a week hold on any collections!! I was so happy to get the time to resolve my case.

Then my case mgr Tamara ** called me and introduced herself, and said she would be the person to call with any questions I might have. She was always very polite and helpful. She always took our calls or called you back, and always had the answers to your questions. If she didn't know right then, she would have you speak to the supervising attorney Terri ** who always had the answers!! My case was resolved with complete satisfaction with the IRS in Nov. 2018. US Tax Shield was able to get all money owed, plus all interest and penalties removed and I received a refund check. Everyone at US Tax Shield was fantastic. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wanted their state or IRS tax problems to get resolve quickly and to your satisfaction!! Thank you!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with US Tax Shield. They promise me that they will get my taxes under control where I could pay them off and I do pay every month. I called The IRS To find out what my Balances Is. AMA told me about it's $38000. I started off 2 and a 1/2 years ago at $36000. The agreement US Tax Shield set up for me Was nothing but a lie. I paid them $14000. They did nothing for me. All my penalties stayed on as they told me that they were taken off and today all my penalties are so grown I can never pay this off.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We are dissatisfied with the level of service we have received from this firm. We hired US Tax Shield over a year ago to help us with payroll tax issues with our business. We paid them $29,000 as a fee for this service. We have reached out on at least 10 occasions in this period requesting a status update on our case. Each time we were told that they were waiting on a revenue officer to be assigned. In the meantime, we have submitted volumes of paper and documents which have had to be updated multiple times due to the time lapse.

Finally, a revenue officer was assigned and requested more paperwork. When the revenue officer visited us, she did not have all of the paperwork needed as US Tax Shield had not sent it to her in a timely manner. Also, US Tax Shield did not even send a representative to our meeting, only "audited" the meeting via phone. If the attorney spoke 10 word the entire time, it would be generous. I have asked multiple times for US Tax Shield to provide me with a list of what exactly they were doing for our $29,000 as nowhere in this process have I seen the value whatsoever.

During all of this waiting and inactivity the IRS actually filed a tax lien on us...where was US Tax Shield during all of this? Isn't that why we hired an attorney for such an outrageous sum? I called repeatedly with complaints and spoke with Audrina before my IRS meeting. After putting their heads together, they came up with the awesome strategy of "you should get a loan to pay your tax debt". SERIOUSLY??? We paid $29,000 for them to ignore us for a year and then their big plan is "go get a loan"??? I think we would have done that if we could, and since they were not helping us while retained, we now have a lien which makes getting a loan totally impossible.

I have asked US Tax Shield for an accounting of what they have done for us (in our eyes, they have done NOTHING). They have missed their deadline for providing this information, which leads us to believe they cannot conjure up anything that they have done which warrants such a fee. At this point, we want a refund and we will handle this matter on our own. At least we know we will keep our deadlines with the IRS and not have to spend all of this frustrating time on the phone with US Tax Shield to ask what they are doing for our money... we know that have not done one thing for us.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I'm extremely satisfied with my experience with US Tax Shield. Even after they had fulfilled their obligation to get me out of jeopardy with the IRS by getting all of my back taxes filed, and getting me set up for a payment plan. They were extremely helpful afterwards to help explain my situation to a mortgage lender so that I will be able to buy a house! US Tax Shield is not inexpensive, but worth it in the end. Customer service from Kevin **, Robert **, and Dalon ** was particularly excellent.

US Tax Shield expert review by Andrew Poulos

US Tax Shield is a large national tax relief company. The company has offices throughout the country, including outposts in New York, San Francisco, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, and Los Angeles.

• Price protection guarantee: One of US Tax Shield's most appealing attributes is the price protection guarantee they offer. The company evaluates customers' relief needs, offers an upfront, one-time fee amount for services, then never charges customers more than the quoted price.

• Free consultation: US Tax Shield offers customers a free initial consultation without requiring any commitment.

• Qualified experts: US Tax Shield is staffed by qualified tax experts. Tax cases are handled at the company by tax attorneys and CPAs.

• Low prices: US Tax Shield is well-known for having the lowest prices and fees for handling customers' debt relief.

• Best for: Individuals with garnished wages, individuals with a federal tax lien or levy, innocent spouses and business owners with back payroll taxes.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

US Tax Shield Company Information