This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
US Tax Shield provides tax relief services to individuals and small businesses. It handles IRS settlements, payment plans, liens, levies, wage garnishment and other tax relief services. It is also qualified to assist with state tax debt issues. US Tax Shield employs certified tax professionals, including licensed tax attorneys, to resolve tax debt.
US Tax Shield offers a spectrum of tax relief services, including negotiating settlements and payment plans with the IRS. Its services aren't cheap, but US Tax Shield is a strong option for those in deep tax debt.
- Broad service offering
- State tax debt relief
- Licensed attorneys on staff
- Must have $10,000 in debt to qualify
US Tax Shield services
US Tax Shield offers the following tax relief services:
- Audit defense: The licensed attorneys on US Tax Shield’s staff represent your interests in an audit.
- High-dollar liabilities: The company has services specifically designed for those who have a million dollars or more in tax debt.
- Innocent spouse relief: If your spouse filed a joint tax return and owes back taxes, the IRS holds you equally accountable. However, you may qualify for innocent spouse relief, separation of liability or equitable relief. US Tax Shield helps you figure out if you are eligible for relief and negotiates with the IRS on your behalf.
- IRS settlements and payment Plans: US Tax Shield can submit an offer in compromise (OIC) to the IRS to attempt to reduce your overall tax debt.
- Liens and Levies: If your property or accounts are subject to liens or levies, US Tax Shield negotiates a lien or levy release with the IRS and addresses your tax debt in other ways.
- State tax debt: US Tax Shield assists individuals and businesses with state tax debt concerns.
- Unfiled tax returns: Unfiled taxes can result in fines and jail time. However, the IRS is generally more concerned with getting payment than prosecuting these cases. US Tax Shield steps in and helps set up a payment plan or OIC to lower the risk of legal action.
- Wage garnishment: For those whose paycheck is vulnerable to garnishment, US Tax Shield negotiates a settlement or different payment plan option.
- Business tax debt: US Tax Shield works with the IRS to resolve delinquent payroll tax issues for business owners.
US Tax Shield cost
Fees at US Tax Shield vary on a case-to-case basis but start around $1,000. Our reviews call the service “not inexpensive,” with specific users sharing a fee of $14,000 and $29,000, respectively. US Tax Shield states that all its fees are guaranteed, so your quote is what you will pay — with no surprise add-ons later.
US Tax Shield FAQ
- Does US Tax Shield have a minimum tax debt requirement?
- Yes. US Tax Shield requires a minimum tax debt of $10,000 to qualify for services.
- How long will it take US Tax Shield to resolve my case?
- US Tax Shield estimates a two- to six-month timeline for most cases. Each case with the IRS is different, so resolution time varies widely.
- Will a licensed tax attorney work on my case?
- US Tax Shield employs licensed tax attorneys, enrolled agents and certified public accountants who work on your case throughout the tax relief process.
- How much tax debt has US Tax Shield resolved?
- US Tax Shield has settled $450 million in tax debt. It claims an average savings of 93% per case.
Is US Tax Shield legit?
US Tax Shield is a legitimate tax relief company with certified tax professionals, including tax attorneys, enrolled agents and CPAs. Tax relief is a complicated process - one that many individuals and small businesses find too overwhelming to take on themselves. Tax relief services aren’t always cheap, but if you owe more than $10,000 in tax debt, US Tax Shield is worth a look.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 2,432,464 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I called US Tax Shield back in 2013 when New York state filed a lien on my home for unpaid 2012 taxes, which after the initial telephone conversation, and then filling out the required documentation, they submitted an offer in compromise. After a couple of weeks, US Tax Shield settled my case which made me and my wife very happy and relieved. The tax lien on my home was removed. Thank you Terri ** and Adrineh ** for all of your help!!! I had to call US Tax Shield again this June 2018, when I received a notice from the Internal Revenue Service of their intent to levy my property!! I was shocked. I thought that case was resolved years ago, but it wasn't!!
I used a different tax resolution company, at that time I didn't know about US Tax Shield!!! That other company said they got me the best deal they could. The IRS would put a lien on my home, and as long as I didn't' sell the home for 10 years the lien would automatically be removed, and we would be fine!! And for that it cost me $10,000. That was not the truth!! The IRS came after me and my wife as soon as we made our last mortgage payment. And the IRS wanted an amount due immediately with interest & penalty that was unbelievable!! Over $100,000. I called US Tax Shield and spoke with Bryan **. He was so nice and caring after I told Bryan what happened to me. He immediately called the IRS and put me on a conference call with them and got them to put a week hold on any collections!! I was so happy to get the time to resolve my case.
Then my case mgr Tamara ** called me and introduced herself, and said she would be the person to call with any questions I might have. She was always very polite and helpful. She always took our calls or called you back, and always had the answers to your questions. If she didn't know right then, she would have you speak to the supervising attorney Terri ** who always had the answers!! My case was resolved with complete satisfaction with the IRS in Nov. 2018. US Tax Shield was able to get all money owed, plus all interest and penalties removed and I received a refund check. Everyone at US Tax Shield was fantastic. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wanted their state or IRS tax problems to get resolve quickly and to your satisfaction!! Thank you!!
I am very dissatisfied with US Tax Shield. They promise me that they will get my taxes under control where I could pay them off and I do pay every month. I called The IRS To find out what my Balances Is. AMA told me about it's $38000. I started off 2 and a 1/2 years ago at $36000. The agreement US Tax Shield set up for me Was nothing but a lie. I paid them $14000. They did nothing for me. All my penalties stayed on as they told me that they were taken off and today all my penalties are so grown I can never pay this off.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
We are dissatisfied with the level of service we have received from this firm. We hired US Tax Shield over a year ago to help us with payroll tax issues with our business. We paid them $29,000 as a fee for this service. We have reached out on at least 10 occasions in this period requesting a status update on our case. Each time we were told that they were waiting on a revenue officer to be assigned. In the meantime, we have submitted volumes of paper and documents which have had to be updated multiple times due to the time lapse.
Finally, a revenue officer was assigned and requested more paperwork. When the revenue officer visited us, she did not have all of the paperwork needed as US Tax Shield had not sent it to her in a timely manner. Also, US Tax Shield did not even send a representative to our meeting, only "audited" the meeting via phone. If the attorney spoke 10 word the entire time, it would be generous. I have asked multiple times for US Tax Shield to provide me with a list of what exactly they were doing for our $29,000 as nowhere in this process have I seen the value whatsoever.
During all of this waiting and inactivity the IRS actually filed a tax lien on us...where was US Tax Shield during all of this? Isn't that why we hired an attorney for such an outrageous sum? I called repeatedly with complaints and spoke with Audrina before my IRS meeting. After putting their heads together, they came up with the awesome strategy of "you should get a loan to pay your tax debt". SERIOUSLY??? We paid $29,000 for them to ignore us for a year and then their big plan is "go get a loan"??? I think we would have done that if we could, and since they were not helping us while retained, we now have a lien which makes getting a loan totally impossible.
I have asked US Tax Shield for an accounting of what they have done for us (in our eyes, they have done NOTHING). They have missed their deadline for providing this information, which leads us to believe they cannot conjure up anything that they have done which warrants such a fee. At this point, we want a refund and we will handle this matter on our own. At least we know we will keep our deadlines with the IRS and not have to spend all of this frustrating time on the phone with US Tax Shield to ask what they are doing for our money... we know that have not done one thing for us.
I'm extremely satisfied with my experience with US Tax Shield. Even after they had fulfilled their obligation to get me out of jeopardy with the IRS by getting all of my back taxes filed, and getting me set up for a payment plan. They were extremely helpful afterwards to help explain my situation to a mortgage lender so that I will be able to buy a house! US Tax Shield is not inexpensive, but worth it in the end. Customer service from Kevin **, Robert **, and Dalon ** was particularly excellent.
US Tax Shield author review by Andrew Poulos
US Tax Shield’s team is a full-service tax resolution firm made up of tax professionals that offer services nationwide.
Services: US Tax Shield handles IRS settlements and payment plans, unfiled tax returns, liens and levies, business taxes, audit defense, innocent spouse relief, state tax debt and high dollar liabilities.
Accreditations: US Tax Shield is a member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS).
Enrolled agents: The company’s team is comprised of IRS-enrolled agents and tax attorneys.
Minimum debt required: $10,000
US Tax Shield Company Information
- Company Name:
- US Tax Shield
- Year Founded:
- 6300 Canoga Ave. Suite 1700
- Woodland Hills
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.