Call toll free
3.30/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Wall & Associates takes pride in their trustworthiness and hard work to ensure your tax problems are resolved. They will negotiate on your behalf until a reasonable settlement has been reached with the I.R.S. Their authorized to work with taxing authorities in all 50 states.

Don’t handle your tax problems alone. Contact Wall & Associates today for a free, confidential consultation today.

View More View More

101 Wall & Associates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

So far things seem to be getting underway. We have only just gotten started so right now I’m excited about getting a settlement done waiting to get the program going. I’m hoping things go well. I've worked with one other company that made promises and all they did was set me up with a payment plan, I understand that Wall and Associates don’t do that so I’m expecting great things.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We entered into a contract with a Wall and Associates to have professional help in lowering our tax liability on $50,000 in back taxes owed to the IRS. After paying $2,500 down and 16 months of $350.00 payments we ended our contact with them. At the Of termination they still had the incorrect Social Security number for my spouse and I ( they had them reversed). We had a Federal lien on our home pending and there was no resolution in sight. They assign you to a Team of specialist (not lawyers) who are supposed to work for you... At termination OUR Team had changed several times and at the end we had no idea who OUR CURRENT TEAM WAS.

We were led to believe they had an office local to us which was actually only an office they say to have your initial consultation and to sign your contract. We live in Ohio and the Company is in Virginia. Communication is either by phone, e-mail or “snail mail” and faxes. The one time we asked for a personal face to face we were told that this would cost an additional amount of money because the only face to face is initially. We also over the 17 months repeatedly informed them that they had the SS# reversed.

They would mail new documents and I would fax back the corrected information (3 times) and still was not corrected. They also asked for the same documents and information repeatedly (bank statements, income verification and financial disclosures etc) which would re-fax along with the updates (40 plus pages at a time which gets to be expensive if you don’t have personal faxing). Several times we were given incorrect fax number. It wasn’t OUR Team’s fax # so we would pay to return-fax again.

The one and only offer we were given was to Pay the IRS $800 a month (the interest would continue to build till the back taxes were paid and remain current in all new tax years. If we failed to do so then the “agreement" would have been nullified and all penalties would be re-instated. We did not agreed to this because we knew we would not be able to maintain such an agreement. (We can’t even afford to buy Health Insurance for my husband (self -employed) and I receive SSD so we knew we could not afford $800.00 a month).

At termination we were no further ahead than when we entered into contract. Actually we were worse off because the $8,000 plus we paid to this company could have been paid to the IRS instead. Or we could have used The $ 350.00 Monthly fee and bought some type form of Health Ins for my husband. Another error on Our Part is in not reading all the fine print in the contract. Which states that Wall and Associates are not obligated to show documentation on how the money you pay them is Spent. This we discovered when we requested a itemized bill.

***One final IMPORTANT NOTE there is a Current Federal Lawsuit against Wall and Associates by The Commonwealth of Virginia (the state where this company is located) in September of 2017. This Lawsuit was brought against this company due to misrepresentation to the people they contract with listing many of the issues I have in my review. (Google it.) Yet at the date of this review they are still in Business.

We will be contacting the Commonwealth of Virginia in regards to their Federal Lawsuit. With any luck maybe someday we will be compensated a few pennies on the dollar for Our Losses to Wall and Associates. Which will probably be a long time in coming as Wall and Associates fights this Lawsuit, more than likely using the money they are getting from other misinformed consumers “ suckers” such as us. (Pardon Any typo or grammatical errors, please).

Hi Valerie.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Our office doesn't utilize line-item billing so we are incapable of providing anyone the type of information you requested. Our monthly fee covers all case aspects and all required work so it would be counterproductive to have two different types of billing systems in place.

We can't provide this information because we do not have it. In the event we can be of further assistance you need only reach out to our office at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Went for a consultation. Was very impressed. Headache free so I decided to let Wall & Associates handle my tax affairs and help me get back on track and my life in order. I now can see light at the end of the tunnel!!

Hi Lyndell,

Thanks for choosing us for your needs. We look forward to helping you put your tax concerns behind you. Should you require anything please feel free to reach out to our office or at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was very happy talking with y'all. The professional I meet with was very nice and courteous, very professional talking with me about my problem and ways he could possibly help. My only drawback right now is the cost of your services but y'all are very high on my list.

Hi Chris,

We appreciate your kind words. We'll be here if you need us. If you have questions please don't hesitate to reach back out and ask them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Updated on 12/07/2018: So Wall and Associates responded to my comment and review with a common saying if your car had transmission troubles you wouldn't replace your own transmission. It would take someone with experience but at least if my car had transmission troubles and I took it to a transmission shop they would fix the problem. They would not keep the car for years and make you pay every month and not fix it. So for them to compare my case with a car transmission should just go to show you what kind of company they are.

I don't think I have anything more to say besides they are scammers and they know it and you will too if you deal with them. Save your money. If these guys were a transmission shop they would still have my car with no transmission telling me they're waiting on the parts. If you don't believe me and all the other people that have wrote a review go ahead and deal with them and you can add to this list a reviews when you're done with them and out thousands of dollars.

Original Review: Wall and Associates is a scam. They promise you the world and deliver nothing all. The bad reviews that you read about these guys are true. It is the same story I have that we all have. They make it look like it was your fault that they did not get something done. I had got a letter from the IRS saying that Wall and Associates had an unauthorized third party to show up to my phone conference. I asked Wall and Associates about that. They didn't really have anything to say. I talk to the IRS about Wall and Associates.

The IRS says there is not a company out there that can do anything that you can't do yourself. They are required to take the same steps as you. They have no power or a magic wand to demolish your tax debt. Save your money. Get on the payment plan with the IRS and they will leave you alone as long as you make your payment. These people are a complete joke and they know it. I don't know how they get away with doing what they do but if you use Wall and Associates you will get scammed.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our office via ConsumerAffairs. If you want to speak with someone at our office regarding your concerns feel free to call us at (800) 989-5911.

You're right. The work our office performs can be performed by any individual working on behalf of themselves. To give another example - any individual can also replace their own vehicle's transmission. The catch is that experience comes into play and just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you have the knowledge and experience to do so correctly. It's the same way with the IRS and they use this lack of knowledge to their benefit.

Payment plans are valuable tools with the IRS and they serve their own particular function. The catch that the IRS won't tell you is that interest, penalties, and then penalties-on-interest continue to increase your balance as you work to pay it off. We've seen cases where people will never pay off a balance because the interest is generating faster than their payments are paying it down. Sure - the IRS will leave you alone - but you'll never be clear of the debt.

Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wall & Associates?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My initial contact with the intake coordinator Jalesha was great. She made me feel at ease although this is a difficult situation for me. I enjoyed meeting with Brian ** the "sales-arm" of the case management team. However given the magnitude of my situation, I really needed to speak with an attorney, even though I realize the company isn't set up that way and I got the impression the attorney's may have come in on the back end.

Hi Valerie,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. Brian is a great guy with a ton of experience in reviewing tax representation cases and no doubt he went over everything in detail.

We're all about providing honest information and we do want to let you know our office doesn't employ tax attorneys. Our office consists of Enrolled Agents and Certified Public Accounts who have a lot of experience arguing cases before the IRS and they're more than capable of taking care of your needs, but we don't have any tax attorneys on staff.

Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

When I received a letter from Wall & Associates, I knew they were the real deal because of the points they outlined in their letter. We had made every one of those mistakes when dealings with the IRS. The IRS specializes in NOT giving you all of the information you need. If you do not know to ask a specific question, they do not volunteer it. If you haven’t already figured it out, the IRS is not interested in cutting you a deal. All they care about is making sure you pay their exorbitant interest and fees, knowing you will sooner or later default because there is no way to actually pay off what you owe unless you win the lottery. When you default on their agreement, this is when life becomes a living hell because they turn up the heat.

After having our face-to-face meeting with Greg from Wall & Associates, I knew we were in safe, capable hands. INTEGRITY is everything to me and Wall & Associates have it in droves! They kept it real with us and told us about all of our available options. They told us all of the scenarios… the good, the bad, the ugly. They didn’t require $1,000 retainer like the other firms you hear advertising on radio and TV. They are not scammers! The initial outlay is on them. They give you FREE time, without cost to you, to have a sit-down to fully go through your situation in its entirety. Their fees are not onerous because they work out a plan that you can handle, while they haggle with the IRS on your behalf. The best part of it, while they’re fighting for you, no more hassles from the IRS. No more letters, phone calls, etc.

I would not and cannot recommend any other firm except WALL & ASSOCIATES. THEY SHOULD BE YOUR ONLY CALL, but don't take my word for it. Get a face-to-face consult for yourself and you will see what I’m talking about. When I think of Wall & Associates, only TWO WORDS comes to mind. INTEGRITY and PEACE! Integrity because they do what they say they’re going to do. They are dependable. Peace, because your life becomes peaceful when you let them represent you. They are the only one I recommend to everyone. I am so glad to have found Wall & Associates, I can’t say it enough. If you want REAL results without the hassles and the nickel and diming that other companies do, call Wall & Associates today and Chris will hook you up **. You will not regret it!

Resolution response: Nov. 1, 2018

Company resolved and Jenna is handling very professionally I wish to remove my review

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Hi. I met a James ** in Philadelphia, and he represented himself as an accountant, not a "salesperson." I would have never used this company... Now I have paid them over 6000.00 and all they contact me for is my payments, no contact on my case and nothing but aggravation. I am a professional needing help and I could have used this funds for an accountant with real care and credentials to help. I will be reporting this to the state AG and file a formal complaint at this time. Horrible service and all they care for is the money. Total scam. Sorry.

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Your case manager was instructed to reach out and speak with you.

In the event you have further questions in the future we would like to invite you to reach out to us at (800) 989-5911 for immediate assistance.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I initially contacted Wall & Assoc back in the fall of 2013. I was in desperate need of their help. I owed on 5 years of back taxes. Approx $16,000 not a lot by many standards. It was a long process and many offer in compromises were made. The team at Wall & Assoc stuck with it and finally in the summer of 2018 the IRS accepted my offer to them and it was a fraction of the total left to be paid. Thank you Wall & Assoc, I am glad I contact your firm to help me and I would recommend you to anyone who might need your help, like I did.

Hey Marc,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and let us know about your experience. Thanks for sticking with us and letting us handle your tax matter. In the event we can be of any further assistance you need only let us know.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Wall & Associates negotiated a $34,000 tax bill, resulting from job loss, divorce, interest & penalty. Negotiated offer in compromise: only $4000.00! I highly recommend the &expertise of this firm! I had actually paid $34,000, the principal amount, over 6 years, and still owed $34,000 due to interest & penalty charged by IRS. I’m 67, need to retire, & this reduction will now allow me to do that!

Hey Beverly,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and let us know about your experience in working with us. We are thankful that you chose us and thrilled that we were able to be of assistance to you!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

All associates of Wall and Associates are very helpful and knowledgeable with tax issue. All details they handled it seriously in order to resolve tax issues. My case is still in working progress, so far initial handling of my case is going well.

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the feedback. In the event you ever have any questions regarding your case please don't hesitate to reach out. Your case team will keep you apprised of what events are happening and what to expect!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

The rep was friendly and professional and shared with me and a businesslike way the options that I have with you and with the IRS. The reason I did not go with you is because I did not have $1500 in the bank. If I could’ve broken up the payments into maybe for payments of 500 I might’ve done it.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. Our options regarding the payment of initial fees are always changing to be more inclusive. Check back with us and we may be able to accommodate your needs.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I am only giving W&A one star because I can't give them a zero. My husband fell for their scam after meeting with a salesman in a rented office in Grand Rapids, MI. After his pitch we gave them $2,500 and $400/month for them to work on our case. Needless to say, we never saw the salesman again and we have only been able to speak to a "tax specialist" on the phone once after almost a year of phone tag. The only good thing I can say about them is they when we received a letter asking for more money it was on nice paper. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, MONEY OR SANITY ON THIS COMPANY!!!

Hi Tomie,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. In the event you want to speak with someone about it please don't hesitate to reach out to us at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been paying for over 18mo for assistance on clearing my name of a debt to the IRS that isn’t even mine. They ask me for the same items over and over again. They tell me month after month we will have results soon. I am not very satisfied with the entire ordeal. I wouldn’t recommend them to another person.

Wall & Associates response

We're sorry for your experience. In reviewing your account it does appear that we were recently able to work a partial result with the IRS saving you close to $80,000.

I've instructed your case team to provide you an update regarding the current status of your account. If we can be of further assistance please contact our office at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We hired Wall & Associates to help us with our tax situation. Not only did we have to constantly contact them to get anything accomplished, but in the end, there was no benefit to us. We found our own source to pay off the debt and they just took our money.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. We apologize for your experience. It does appear that our office is working to request the IRS remove penalties associated with some of your balances.

Unfortunately, as you are aware, we can make no guarantees that our efforts will result in a ultimate reduction to your tax liability. We do try as hard as we can to make that a reality, but sometimes that isn't possible.

If you would like to speak with someone regarding your case, outside of your case team, I encourage you to call our service line at (800) 989-5911. Someone within that department will be more than willing to review your case in detail and speak with you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Yes I would highly recommend anyone. They were very helpful with all our needs and should we ever need their service again we will do so. I would like to thank all who worked with us and again thank to all.

Hi Howard,

Great to hear that we were able to be of service. While we hope you never have to deal with a tax issue again we definitely appreciate the vote of confidence.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was first introduced to Wall & Associates by a friend who knew their representative in Dallas. We met in a rented single-room office in January of 2013. After hearing his pitch, I felt good enough to give them a $6,500 downpayment and agreed to pay $350/month until the case was resolved. When they requested information from me, I usually got it to them within two weeks (at the outside). Over the years, it typically took them about six months to fill out the forms (433 and 656A) that take me about 6 hours when I do it myself.

The only thing they were prompt about was dinging my bank account every month for $350. They always said that the offer should be $1, and that they could adjust the amount in negotiations after the offer was rejected. THERE WERE NEVER ANY NEGOTIATIONS!!! Yet they recommended doing the same thing over and over. Remember Einstein’s definition of insanity? Things came to a head when, in June 2016, after paying them over $20,000 in total, they were sent a request for additional information, which they forwarded to me. I got them the information well ahead of the IRS deadline. But they failed to file it by the IRS deadline (which even got extended once).

I received a letter from the IRS, notifying me that the offer was closed without being considered. When I spoke to the agent, She told me that the offer was closed because the deadline was July 22nd, and they did not receive the information until August 2nd. I guess W&A felt guilty, because they offered to represent me for free through the next filing. So I didn’t fire them then. But it was always the same – offer $1, we’ll fix it in negotiations, then there were never negotiations. Finally they tried charging me again. I had learned from my insanity, and fired them. A Wall & Associates representative insisted they had done nothing wrong, which contradicted what the IRS agent told me. Sadly, at this point, I am more inclined to believe the IRS than these “attorneys,” whom I believe to be money-grubbing liars.

Hi William,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. As you are fully aware our office agreed to work with you on the monthly fees payable to our office because it was the right thing to do. We wanted to make sure your tax matter was addressed and that it would ultimately prove to be a cost benefit for you.

Afterward our office did send in another IRS offer. This offer was subsequently closed due to your failure to timely file an IRS Form 1040 or extension by the April 2018 deadline. Per the terms of our discussions with you, monthly billing was due to resume after our office had worked an additional offer. When we contacted you to re-establish the agreed to monthly fees you subsequently ended services with us and did not allow us to address your tax matter further.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I retained their services in 2016. Mr. Mark ** met with me in a rented office in Fort Myers Florida. He reviewed my tax documents and assured me it was a fairly simple case. Then proceeded to ask for $3000.00. I gave him a check then had to sign up for $400 per month. From there on after I was constantly sent repetitious letters from all sorts of people. After 24 months and $12,600 later I finally called and demanded answers. Amazingly nobody was available to answer my questions?

Later that day I received a phone call from the most obnoxious person I have ever spoken with. She informed that Wall & Associates would not be representing me anymore and I had no “no chance” of a refund. After finding hundreds of very similar complaints on the internet, I have no choice but to pursue legal action. Fortunately I am a licensed investigator!

Hi Keith,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us and explain your frustrations. Per the terms of our agreement with you we invoked our right to cease representation services on your behalf on September 27, 2018. Our office does not tolerate abusive comments toward our staff and employees. After a careful review of the facts and circumstances surrounding this incident we determined that further representation services would not be extended to you.

During the course of your case you have failed to adhere to the terms of our administrative tax controversy agreement by failing to remit to our office financial information needed in the timely resolution of your case.

Our office stands ready to defend the actions we took on your case.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Do not retain these people. Our first phone call was the sales pitch of a lifetime. We were told that 90% of their clients settled for 10% or less of their bill because Wall had a great relationship with the IRS. Our consultation meeting was more of the same. Duane told us that we were small potatoes to the IRS and that our assigned team would be able to settle this for a fraction of the bill. We told him we wanted to settle and that we did not want to dispute this any longer. He told us this would be taken care of in around 6 months. We put down $5000 and started our $400 per month payments. All the while, we were transferred to different team members and were asked for the same information over and over again.

I contacted the IRS and they told me that they were never contacted by Wall. We asked for actual communication from Wall to the IRS and they only came up with one communication over a year and a half time frame. We have asked for our money back and were told no refunds. These people did no actual work and just delayed everything we asked for in order to get our $400 per month. You would be better off communicating directly with the IRS and you would also save a bunch of money.

Hi Ron,

As various staff in our office have reported to you directly, we require you maintain communication with us so that we can perform the functions you hired us to perform. Our office only received documentation to begin a financial review of your case after making repeated requests for it. Furthermore, you failed to maintain appropriate contact with our office. We attempted to reach you unsuccessfully on numerous occasions via phone.

The terms of the agreement you signed with our office dictate that you agree to provide our office information in a timely manner and agree to maintain consistent communication with our office. Due to the fact the delays on your case were not attributable to a failure on the part of our staff to make reasonable attempts to reach you, your request for a refund was denied.

Furthermore, it appears on several occasions you asked for a summary which detailed the work we had performed on your case - these were provided to you - so you were informed of the work our office was performing on your account and of our attempts at addressing your tax matter.

Should you require anything further we do encourage you to reach out to our office directly at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I have had a good experience up to this point even though we are just getting started on my case. I first met with Aaron not quite a year ago. I decided to hire Wall & Associates. And went for a follow-up appointment. Stephen ** has now taken over my case and is starting to get a game plan in order. I am hoping for some good results as my case moves along. Thank you.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and let us know about your experience so fair. We look forward to helping you put these issues behind you!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I was very conscious of the amount I owed the federal government and New York state and calculate it will take me a lifetime to pay my debt in full so I started my research and was very pleased with the information I received when I met Mr. **. I gave him the paper I had and after he reviewed my documents he explained everything that Wall & Associates would do help me. Thus far I am pleased with the service. Would recommend.

Hi Joan,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us to let us know we are doing a good job. We look forward to helping you put these tax matters behind you!

Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Had multiple years of unfiled taxes (compounded from missing the first one as that return issue impacted subsequent years). Wall and Associates did a good job in telling me what I needed to do, representing me with the IRS (I never did have to speak with the IRS), and keeping me informed. If you have been in similar situation, you know the IRS will catch up with you and it won't be pretty. My case was resolved satisfactorily and Wall and Associates was very helpful in getting IRS actions delayed and lifted (much more than if I had to deal with them). The process can be slow (on the IRS part!) so the better you get your stuff in order, the quicker Wall can help. I can say in my situation the Wall associate always responded in a prompt manner and keep me informed throughout the process.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us to let us know we did a good job. If you need any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I had contacted Wall & Associates concerning my problem. I have been very pleased with the attention I have received and although my problem is still not resolved my interaction with the Wall associates has been very positive. The personal attention that I have received has given me needed hope that my problem will be resolved in the very near future. I would recommend this firm to my friends without hesitation.

Original review: July 24, 2018

NOT EVEN 1 STAR---Do not do business with this company. My husband and I met the representative in Tucson Arizona at what we thought was their office. After explaining to the representative that we had not been able to file taxes for 4 years he told us that they would be more than happy to do the work for us with the IRS and if by chance our case was not a substantial amount due to the IRS that the $1,500 deposit we put down would more than likely be refunded. Come to find out we owe the IRS $680 and when I spoke to the representative at the main office asking for a partial refund because they did do a few phone calls and send out power of attorney letters for one month he explained to me that that's not how it works and there would be no refund under any circumstance. Sorry.

This is a bogus company. Do not give them money. Do not work with them. There's a lot more to it but I can't go into it otherwise it would take up the whole Facebook page. Needless to say they convince you that you may owe the IRS thousands of dollars when you do get your returns back and find out that it is less than $1,000 they will not stick up to what they said which was a refund and I only ask for a partial refund knowing that they had done one month's worth of work. Again this is a scam company. Do not give your hard-earned money to them.

Hi Chantal,

Thanks for your feedback. In reviewing your account it appears that you initially ended services with us in May of 2018 while we were awaiting the preparation of some returns that were unfiled.

While a client of our office we did undertake work on your case and we did notify you as recent as yesterday that due to the work our office had undertaken we would not be able to grant you a refund.

Our office did work to immediately address your tax controversy as requested and as such were unable to offer a refund.

If we can be of any further assistance please contact our office at (800) 989-5911.

Thanks.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Wall & Associates have been very helpful in helping me resolve my business tax concerns. The staff specifically Alan and Kimberly have been very understanding and great with explaining and taking the steps to resolve my concerns with the appropriate parties. The entire team has been great with calling/emailing whenever and updating me along the way. I would highly recommend Wall & Associates to anyone.

Hi Chrystal,

We sincerely appreciate you letting us know how we are doing. We look forward to working with you as we progress your case toward an ultimate resolution.

Thanks!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I like the accuracy and quick response when I call, I’m getting updates and I like the way I’m treated. If anything is needed your office always call in time to let me know and also send emails as well. I will like to recommend your office to any of my family members and friends. Thanks.

Kinyam,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We sincerely appreciate it!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have been contacted by the IRS recently regarding unfilled returns. I had some questions and everyone I spoke to couldn't help me. Finally I was able to speak to someone in your office and received the answers. I still have some work to do but am heading in the right direction.

Hey Barbara,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback about how we are doing. We are happy to hear that things are heading in the right direction!

Original review: May 22, 2018

I didn't realize Wall & Associates had a "D" rating, but now I can see why! I read through many, many reviews and most of them sounded just like my disappointing experience. When I initially visited my local office I thought this was great. I'll be able to check in and see what's going on with our case; and if there was a problem or a specific question they're only a few miles away. The gentleman I spoke with (Edward **) really put my mind at ease by telling me how they were able to help people settle their tax debt that owed much more than we did and with the skills and knowledge of an entire team working together at our disposal we'll be fine. Just give them a few months to get all the needed info and they'll be in contact with us. So after the initial pymt $2000.00 we were told just call him if we had ANY questions during this process.

We talked with him once, shortly, after realizing that this team was out of state, and after that could never get a return phone call or email from him. The team members changed every other month; just when we would get all the needed forms completed and tax info they needed we wouldn't hear anything for about a month or so; and when we called them the previous team member we were working with was no longer with the company and we pretty much had to start over again. Well, this went on back and forth same story for about 16 months. I called and complained and they did reduce a month because they saw where they made another mistake re-sending the same paperwork back and forth. The only thing that was constant with this company was the billing department!!

Hello Sandy,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. In reviewing your account it appears that your son, our client, was missing his 2013 tax return. This missing return and the issues involving the Form 8962 for tax year 2016 prevented our office from submitting an offer on your son's behalf prior to your son's account being closed for non-payment. You were aware of these issues as they were communicated to you via our staff.

Due to IRS delays in processing the IRS Form 8962, our office as a customer service gesture, not only reduced your billing but also waived 4 months of fees and deferred an additional month. Our office granted a lot of fee consideration because we care about you and your son's situation and wanted to work with you, as much as possible, in seeing the issue resolved satisfactorily.

Additionally, you know that our office was in frequent contact with you regarding your son's case. There are notes detailing these conversations so it is not true that the only consistent communication you received was from our billing department.

Insufficient response received
Original review: May 18, 2018

My husband and I retained Wall & Associates in May of 2013. We paid a $3000.00 retainer and $400.00 a month until November 2017 totaling almost $25 thousand dollars. We are no better off today than we were the day we hired them. These people are worthless. After almost 5 years of paying for a service we didn't get we've now had to retain an actual law firm to handle our tax issue spending another almost 8 thousand dollars. In the 6 months we've had them they've done more than Wall & Associates did the entire 5 years. I suggest to anyone searching for tax help not to use this company. It's a huge scam seriously. I have all intentions of getting my money back. And to whomever post replies to these complaints on behalf of Wall & Associates save yourself the hassle and don't post the same reply to me that you've posted to every other negative post. You need to be shut down!

Hey Kelly,

Unfortunately we cannot answer your complaint. Our office cannot identify you as a current or former client of our office.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I hired W&A in March 2015. Three years later and over $22,000 my final hearing on our OIC resulted in FULL PAYMENT plus the additional $20,000 in interest that accrued. I know interest was accruing but I at the very least expected my penalties and interest to be removed. My "team" changed four times over the 3 years and I never knew who was working on it, if at all. I now have an IRS payment of $1500 a month that I cannot afford. This is not the outcome I was promised. Yes, I was PROMISED in my initial consultation. Now what do I do?

Wall & Associates response

We apologize for your experience. Our office is going to have someone from our Client Services Group call you to go over any concerns you have.

Respectfully, your account did not generate $20,000 in interest over the last 3 years. The additional tax balances you continued to generate on the filing of your 1040 tax returns for 2014, 2015, and 2016 comprised around $14,000 of that amount.

Our office is unable to guarantee specific results related to our tax representation services. When dealing with a third party agency like the IRS it is simply impossible to do so.

Furthermore, as you are aware, our office submitted your offer to the IRS in May of 2017 and it took the IRS a year to give us all a final answer to it. Admittedly, an answer neither of us wanted, which is why we fought very hard on your behalf during the IRS Appeals hearing.

To protect YOUR interests and to prevent aggressive collection action in the form of levies our office did set you up on an installment agreement. We felt guaranteed payments in lieu of unexpected garnishments or bank account seizures was the most prudent and responsible option to take on your behalf.

Installment agreements can be modified if necessary to reflect a taxpayer's ability to repay and it may be possible to have the one you are on lowered.

If you would like to speak to someone to address your concerns immediately I do encourage you to call us at (800) 989-5911.

Wall & Associates expert review by Andrew Poulos

Wall & Associates is one of the country's oldest debt relief companies. The company is headquartered in Fairfax, VA.

• Customer service options: Wall & Associates offers customers a variety of customer service options, including live online chat and a toll-free phone number with representatives to provide help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Free consultation offered: Customers interested in tax relief can receive a free 30-minute consultation from tax experts at Wall & Associates.

• Varied services: Wall & Associates handles a variety of tax relief cases, including liens and levies, garnishments, seizures, penalties and more.

• Experience handling tax debt: Wall & Associates has been in business since 1982, which means they have a good deal of experience and an established track record for getting people out of tax debt.

• Certified experts on staff: The company has CPAs and Enrolled Agents on staff to handle client cases, so they are properly certified to handle tax debt with the IRS.

• Best for: Individuals with garnished wages, individuals with a federal tax lien or levy, innocent spouses and business owners with back payroll taxes.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Wall & Associates Company Information