2. Tax Relief
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Wall & Associates takes pride in their trustworthiness and hard work to ensure your tax problems are resolved. They will negotiate on your behalf until a reasonable settlement has been reached with the I.R.S. Their authorized to work with taxing authorities in all 50 states.

Don’t handle your tax problems alone. Contact Wall & Associates today for a free, confidential consultation today.

BOTTOM LINE

Wall & Associates staffs a team of CPAs and financial experts to solve complicated tax issues for their clients. While there is no up-front fee structure, they do offer in-person consultations for a better understanding of your cost.

PROS

• Certified Public Accountants
  • In-person consultation
  • No hidden fees
  • Offices located nationwide

CONS

• No money-back guarantee
  • No up-front fee structure

About Wall & Associates

Wall & Associates offers its services as an alternative to hiring a tax attorney. Operating in all 50 states, the tax relief company operates a face-to-face service for those looking for help with an IRS-related problem. Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and other financial experts are on staff to determine the best course of action for your case. Wall & Associates is also a member of The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers and the National Association of Tax Professionals.

Wall & Associates services

Wall & Associates offers assistance with a variety of tax services, including liens, garnishment, back taxes, and more. They work to get their clients settlements, payment plans, and offers-in-compromise with the IRS.

• Tax Liens: If you have unpaid taxes, the IRS can file a tax lien against your personal property with your county clerk. Wall & Associates aims to reduce your tax burden so you can pay it off and avoid a lien.
  • Tax Garnishment: The IRS is legally allowed to force your employer to send them part of your paycheck if you owe back taxes. Wall & Associates offers solutions to work with the IRS to avoid this.
  • Seizures: The IRS can seize your property, including your car or home if you owe back taxes. By reducing the amount you owe or setting up a compromise with the IRS, Wall & Associates works to help customers avoid losing their stuff.
  • Unfiled Tax Returns: If you do not file a regular tax return, the IRS may think you are trying to evade paying your taxes—which is a crime. Wall & Associates employs CPAs and other professionals to help you file these tax returns the right way, to avoid any further issues with the federal government.
  • IRS Penalties: If you’ve been penalized by the IRS, Wall & Associates offers consultations to help you understand exactly what went wrong, and what can be done to help.

Wall & Associates FAQ

How does Wall & Associates work?
Working with Wall & Associates begins with an in-person consultation at one of their 187 offices located nationwide. A consultant will then evaluate your financial position to determine if you are eligible for an Offer-In-Compromise, settlement or payment plan. If you are, Wall & Associates will assist you with filing the paperwork. If you are denied, the company offers assistance with the appeals process.
How much does Wall & Associates cost?
Wall & Associates does not publish their fee structure online, but this is typical of most tax relief services. You’ll need to contact the company directly to discuss your unique tax situations to get a better idea of what fees will be associated with your case.
Does Wall & Associates offer any type of guarantee?
While all situations are different, Wall & Associates touts a “No Hidden Charges” guarantee and says it is committed to finding a fair payment solution for every customer.

Do we recommend Wall & Associates?

If you are looking for a company that can help you understand the “numbers game” that is dealing with the IRS, Wall & Associates may be able to help. They specialize in understanding your financial situation and guiding you to the best option for attempting to get relief. However, they do not offer legal advice, and unlike other firms, they only provide relief services, rather than whole-picture tax help.

Wall & Associates Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

The initial consultation was in depth and the time allocated was sufficient to cover all information. The interviewer explained the process and answered all questions to ensure complete understanding. I was given documentation showing the entire team that would be working my tax issues. I would recommend Wall & Associates to others for their tax problems.

Hey Darryl,

We appreciate you reaching out and letting us know about your experience in meeting with our office. We look forward to helping you put your tax matter behind you.

Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

So far everyone has been helpful, as we just got started. Everyone we've talked with has been very knowledgeable and we are very happy to be one of your clients. As I said we have just got started and we will see how everything goes from here on out to our resolution.

Robert,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting us know about your experience thus far. Remember, anytime you need case assistance or have a question we are only a call away. Additionally, don't forget to utilize our customer service line should you need it.

Thanks!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Some documents I have provided are not getting to the proper parties in a timely manner. i.e, Items provided during my initial interview are not in the hands of my "team". Other than that, my experience with Wall Associates has been comforting. I'm a new customer and don't have much to offer at this time..

Hi James,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience. You're right, this is a process our office is actively working to improve upon. When originals are required, members of our team conducting initial interviews mail these items to our accounting office. Our accounting office then mails them to the office where the case is assigned. We do agree - it's cumbersome -

Thanks.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I contacted Wall and Associates to get information and help working with the IRS to work on lowering my tax debt. I was pleased with the information I received and the way my questions were answered. There was also no pressure when I informed the representative that I would have to wait 3 months before I could afford to proceed. After checking online and with another tax associate I will definitely work with this company in three months.

Hi Nina,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience in meeting with us. We look forward to helping you put your tax matter behind you!

Thanks.

Original review: June 10, 2019

My experience with Wall and Associates has been very good so far. I have just only begun with them and I am hoping everything with them will go good and I am looking forward to working with them and everyone that I have talked to so far has been very nice and has told me I can contact them anytime with any questions or problems that I have.

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience thus far. We look forward to working with you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wall & Associates?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! BEWARE!!!! I have been working with this company since August 2019. It started off with a really good working relationship. The consultant I meet with assured me the $5000.00 retainer fee would be worth it and the additional $500.00 a month for the company was well worth it too. Really good salesman. I have had 3 team members in the last 6 months. The first one was named Brad. He sent me a list of what I needed to send and then turned me over to Mandy who did some awesome work. But that all ended in September when Mandy left the work and turned my account over to some human named Jennifer. This last one Jennifer R is a real loser and Jennifer's manager Cynthia ** is no better. Clearly they are there for the paycheck and nothing more. Jennifer has NOT contacted me in the 4 months she has a contract. The communication I have had is when I called the company to see what the status was.

When I received notice that the case had been review in Jan 2020 I called Jennifer and her statement to me was, "Yeah we got it but we have until the 22 of February to respond so we will just wait. You got another monthly fee paid to Wall and Associates to sit on the case." On top of that now that the case has been review, Jennifer's statement to me was "Just pay the bill you owe it". The customer service rep Mike says too bad on the money. He admits to bad service but claims they stayed into h with the IRS and that one phone call a month was worth $500.00 dollars. When I reminded him that I was the customer and not the IRS that brought silence on the phone. No refund on our bad service or ethics, just my loss.

No the company is not willing to fight the battle with the IRS as advertised. So let's review this $11,000.00:
    No communication.
    No customer service.

No Consultant to fight for your rights.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for reaching out. Our office strives to provide excellent representation service to every client who hires us. You hired us to review the accuracy of an assessment that was being made against you. Our office is able to aggressively pursue arguments to assessments when there is something to argue. If the assessment is accurate then it would be pointless to argue. Despite our ability to argue on your behalf we cannot change the tax code. Although rare, sometimes the best option could be full payment if you have the means, it won't cause a hardship, and you don't feel like going through a resolution process with the IRS.

We follow up with our clients as necessary to progress their case toward an ultimate resolution. You called us and we provided you updates. Had you not called us, we would have called you. The initiating party makes no difference - you received updates regarding the status of your case.

As is explained to every client the monthly fee is intended to prevent issues that arise with line-item billing. Work in some months is much less or much more than others, but you will have a consistent charge. With line-item billing you will receive fluctuating charges and in some months you will be billed a lot and in others not much. You fail to acknowledge that in August and September 2019 large amounts of work occurred and admittedly in later months less work occurred.

You fail to acknowledge that we agreed to reduce the $500 agreed monthly fee to $400 as a customer services gesture. Would a company trying to take advantage of individuals be willing to work with them on their payments post contract signature? We surmise few companies would.

The honest truth is that we worked to provide you fair and honest tax representation services, but we do regret that those services didn't meet your needs. If we can be of any further assistance regarding your case or the actions on it please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I was told my fee would be $3,700 down and a balance of $5,000 that could be paid out at $500 a month! If I had that kind of money, I would just pay the $9,500 the IRS said I owed. You're NOT helping people.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for reaching out. We try to quote our clients a fair fee for the work required on a case. Sometimes it makes financial sense to hire our company and sometimes it does not. Regardless, we are always upfront about our fees so clients can make that decision for themselves.

We do sincerely hope that you are able to find a representative who is able to meet your needs and appreciate you having met with us.

Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

This firm was charging me for over 2 yrs $400 a month promising me they were negotiating with the IRS all that time on my behalf. When I got tired of waiting to see results and demanded to see evidence of work performed they fought me tooth & nail not to provide it. When I stopped paying the monthly $400 fee that’s when they had their billing dept harass me to make my payments again. I told them I’m not paying another cent unless I see the work completed to justify taking my $10,000. They then sent me copies of all my email correspondences back and forth giving them the documentations they were requesting to build my offer in compromise. I was insulted!! They were charging me $400 a month to keep giving them my tax returns, bank statements, bills, proof of income etc. and they were buying time and delaying the process just to collect their precious $400 a mo from me! What a rip off!!!

After doing more research and calling the IRS myself, I learned they never made phone calls to them only filed power of attorney docs representing me. THAT’S IT!! What a waste of my time and money! Now I will file a lawsuit against them to get my money back. These people are corrupt and crooked! I’m sure I am not the only one they are stealing from. Consumers stay clear of this firm!!!

Hi Colon,

On reviewing your case we were actually buying you time to begin timely filing and paying your taxes on time. No doubt one of our caseworker's explained to you the importance of current tax compliance when addressing arrears owed to a taxing authority?

Simply put we didn't submit an offer or other resolution for you because it would have been pointless if you had generated further tax liabilities. The new balances would just default anything we arranged and would have been a further waste of your time and resources.

If we can be of any further assistance you can reach out to you office at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Everyone at WALL and Associates have been very knowledgeable, courteous and very professional!! Initially I met with Tod ** who was very patient, intelligent and able to reduce my stress and anxiety through his exceptional knowledge of the process and the expertise of WALL and Associates. TRULY A BLESSING!!! James

Hey James,

Thanks for reaching out and letting know about your experience. We look forward to helping you put your tax matters behind you. Remember, anytime you have a case question we're here to answer it for you. We'll also be sure to keep you frequently updated with what we're doing on your behalf as well.

Thanks for choosing us!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I am currently working with Wall & Associates Inc to solve my tax dept. So far, I have been very disappointed, which has caused me much anxiety and stress. I met with a representative in April, 2019. I was very responsive to providing the information they requested. The only updates I have been initiated by me. I had to request to work with a supervisor because I honestly don’t think my representative knew what he was doing. I kept having to correct his mistakes on forms. He didn’t have answers to questions and I felt he was just smooth talking me.

I have now paid $4700 and feel I have not gotten much in return. I do have a call with the manager tomorrow to address a form that I feel should have been submitted 2 months ago. Every time I get the form for my signature the amounts change. If the manager cannot answer my questions I may have to get an attorney. Also, please note the BBB gives this company a D and list legal action against it in Virginia and Minnesota. I wish I would have done my homework before signing up with them.

Hi Kathy,

We apologize for your experience. If you would like to speak with someone who can assist you regarding your concerns on your case we encourage you to reach out to us. Our Client Services Group should be able to assist you with any questions you may have.

Wall & Associates Company Information