Call toll free
3.91/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Wall & Associates takes pride in their trustworthiness and hard work to ensure your tax problems are resolved. They will negotiate on your behalf until a reasonable settlement has been reached with the I.R.S. Their authorized to work with taxing authorities in all 50 states.

Don’t handle your tax problems alone. Contact Wall & Associates today for a free, confidential consultation today.

141 Wall & Associates Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 5, 2019

I met with Bryan ** at my request to discuss the possibility of employing Wall and Associates to help me resolve a potential foreign bank account issue. Mr. ** was on time and had already reached out to members of his organization to prepare for the meeting. He fully explained the Wall and Associates approach and pricing structure and gave me some good advice about my situation and potential approaches. I was extremely satisfied with the meeting and expect to engage the company to represent me going forward to help resolve my problem.

Hey Ronnie,

Thanks for the review. We look forward to working with you toward a successful and expeditious resolution to your case.

If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to respond back.

Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We have had a tax problem due to lack of money. We got so far behind that there has been many sleepless nights. One day my husband decided to find someone that could help us get this problem under control and maybe see the light at the end of the tunnel. The phone call was made and we went to meet with a representative. Leaving the office we felt as if we had made a good step forward with relief in the future. Since we have been working on the problems, all of the Associates we are in contact with helping us understand that the problem didn't happen in a day and we will have the issues solved, but it will take time. We are assured that everyone is working hard to help resolve all the matters and one day we will be able to keep all the taxes up and sleep at night.

This company has made us feel we are not just a name, but we are important to them and they are working hard to help us. My point is through this until we became involved with Wall & Associates we felt as if we never would be able to have peace of mind back or a normal life. Let me say I will never be able to tell them just how much we appreciate them and all that they are doing for us. Anyone that would need this kind of help, I urge you to call them and set in a meeting with them, let them explain things they are they are way more experienced with.

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your kind words. We all look forward to getting this resolved for you! If you ever have a question, comment, or want to let us know something don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

When I received a letter from Wall & Associates, I knew they were the real deal because of the points they outlined in their letter. We had made every one of those mistakes when dealings with the IRS. The IRS specializes in NOT giving you all of the information you need. If you do not know to ask a specific question, they do not volunteer it. If you haven’t already figured it out, the IRS is not interested in cutting you a deal. All they care about is making sure you pay their exorbitant interest and fees, knowing you will sooner or later default because there is no way to actually pay off what you owe unless you win the lottery. When you default on their agreement, this is when life becomes a living hell because they turn up the heat.

After having our face-to-face meeting with Greg from Wall & Associates, I knew we were in safe, capable hands. INTEGRITY is everything to me and Wall & Associates have it in droves! They kept it real with us and told us about all of our available options. They told us all of the scenarios… the good, the bad, the ugly. They didn’t require $1,000 retainer like the other firms you hear advertising on radio and TV. They are not scammers! The initial outlay is on them. They give you FREE time, without cost to you, to have a sit-down to fully go through your situation in its entirety. Their fees are not onerous because they work out a plan that you can handle, while they haggle with the IRS on your behalf. The best part of it, while they’re fighting for you, no more hassles from the IRS. No more letters, phone calls, etc.

I would not and cannot recommend any other firm except WALL & ASSOCIATES. THEY SHOULD BE YOUR ONLY CALL, but don't take my word for it. Get a face-to-face consult for yourself and you will see what I’m talking about. When I think of Wall & Associates, only TWO WORDS comes to mind. INTEGRITY and PEACE! Integrity because they do what they say they’re going to do. They are dependable. Peace, because your life becomes peaceful when you let them represent you. They are the only one I recommend to everyone. I am so glad to have found Wall & Associates, I can’t say it enough. If you want REAL results without the hassles and the nickel and diming that other companies do, call Wall & Associates today and Chris will hook you up **. You will not regret it!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Wall & Associates Inc. are exactly what they say, Tax Specialist. I was in a challenging Tax situation, owing back taxes to both the State and Federal Government. Wall & Associates became my representative and immediately went into action to assist me from wage garnishments, levies and liens, relieving a ton of stress and anxiety. Wall & Associates kept me informed on the process, worked with the State for me, and were able to get an Offer in Compromise with the Federal Government, which was incredible! I Highly recommend Wall & Associates with any Tax needs, and I appreciate everything they have done for me!

HI Thomas,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We sincerely appreciate it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Had multiple years of unfiled taxes (compounded from missing the first one as that return issue impacted subsequent years). Wall and Associates did a good job in telling me what I needed to do, representing me with the IRS (I never did have to speak with the IRS), and keeping me informed. If you have been in similar situation, you know the IRS will catch up with you and it won't be pretty. My case was resolved satisfactorily and Wall and Associates was very helpful in getting IRS actions delayed and lifted (much more than if I had to deal with them). The process can be slow (on the IRS part!) so the better you get your stuff in order, the quicker Wall can help. I can say in my situation the Wall associate always responded in a prompt manner and keep me informed throughout the process.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us to let us know we did a good job. If you need any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach out!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wall & Associates?

Original review: June 13, 2019

I contacted Wall and Associates to get information and help working with the IRS to work on lowering my tax debt. I was pleased with the information I received and the way my questions were answered. There was also no pressure when I informed the representative that I would have to wait 3 months before I could afford to proceed. After checking online and with another tax associate I will definitely work with this company in three months.

Hi Nina,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience in meeting with us. We look forward to helping you put your tax matter behind you!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2019

I don't think I have had the opportunity to rate your firm due to the nature of current proceedings. Atty Dave ** and Rep Bryce have been 100+ or 5 Star level with seeking to help me and Review of my case. I think your rates are Extremely High for what I was requesting and for that I rate you at 0 stars or NEGATIVE 5 stars. I have not paid a deposit and have canceled any future meetings with your firm.

Hey Elijah,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience in meeting with our company. Unfortunately our services are not a good fit for some and we understand that. We would also like to clarify that Wall & Associates, Inc. is an administrative tax firm - we don't handle cases requiring an attorney or cases requiring legal assistance. We do try to price our services based on the amount of work required and to be fair to all. We wish you the best and should you decide you would like our assistance in the future we are only a call away.

Thanks.

Original review: June 10, 2019

My experience with Wall and Associates has been very good so far. I have just only begun with them and I am hoping everything with them will go good and I am looking forward to working with them and everyone that I have talked to so far has been very nice and has told me I can contact them anytime with any questions or problems that I have.

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience thus far. We look forward to working with you!

Original review: May 24, 2019

Quick response to my request. Friendly end easy to communicate with is a plus. Seem to be straightforward with me about my situation. So far I have to say a good experience. The people I spoke with to date are confident as well as professional.

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience thus far. We want you to know that we're here to make your experience with our office as easy as possible if you ever have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 23, 2019

I just started my experience with this organization. So far, they have been very communicative, organized, and accessible in the event of an inquiry. At times I have felt slightly overwhelmed by the written communications and forms requiring my signature, etc. But I suppose that is the nature of the business.

Hi Kairgadam,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience. We completely agree, it is a LOT to take in at the very beginning.

We want you to understand that we are here to make this experience as quick and efficient as possible. If you need us to give you an update on what we need or if you just have any questions please reach out to us.

Original review: May 22, 2019

ACA Tax consult - Very Professional. Honest and upfront in answering all questions. Spent the time making sure I understood all the parameters of my situation. The appointment was on time. Look forward to possible working with them to solve my problem quickly.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your initial experience in meeting with us.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Our experience thus far with Wall and Associates, including our initial consult meeting with Mr. ** has been very enlightening, informational, polite and somewhat compassionate while handling and trying to resolve our situation. We expect this issue to be resolved in a timely manner and to our satisfaction.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and let us know about your experience thus far!

Original review: May 17, 2019

I went in for a consultation and felt like Wall and Associates will be who I use when I am ready to go forward with my case. Rich was very informative and I felt confident after speaking with him. Will update later after working with them.

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your initial experience. We look forward to helping you.

Original review: May 15, 2019

The customer service has been outstanding. The team members that I have had the pleasure of talking with is very nice and respectful. The first in person meeting we had went really well. The member was really knowledgeable. We left the meeting feeling good about our situation.

Hey Michael,

Thanks for letting us know about your positive experience!

Original review: May 10, 2019

Great experience. Mr ** was amazing. Very helpful, informative and knowledgeable. Feel a great sense of relief knowing my tax issues are in such good hands. Look forward to getting tax issues resolved and working with such a competent professional.

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know about your experience. We look forward to helping you put your tax matters behind you!

Thanks.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I was very pleased with the local representative. I did not go forward due to a change in my circumstances that kept me from being able to afford Wall & Assoc. I was initially a little put off by calling a local number & being connected with an individual from Virginia.

Hi Julann,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience in contacting our office. We appreciate you having met with us. If we can be of any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Original review: April 24, 2019

It take about 2 year but we went from 30k and settle for just 100 still save me a lot of money. Highly highly recommended. Just ask for Mandy. She will work with you. It just need some time. You will save a ton of moneys.

Hey Wen,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us and for letting us know about your positive experience. If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out to Mandy or by giving us a call.

Original review: April 24, 2019

So far so good. Prompt return phone calls and friendly informative staff. I’m just beginning my journey with Wall. I will let you know when we are finishing up. Not sure how long this will take but hope it’s not long and drawn out.

Hey Katie,

We sincerely appreciate you reaching out and letting us know about your experience thus far. We want to make sure that we are providing you the service you expect. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have, at any point, in your case by calling us or through the office number you were provided.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Burnie was absolutely wonderful, kind, and informative. He was helpful and made us feel at ease. I would definitely recommend him to others. I don't understand why I am expected to write anymore. Burnie was wonderful and I am very happy we met with him.

Hey Dyanne,

Thanks for the kind words. We'll let Burney know you enjoyed your conference with him.

Thanks!

Original review: March 29, 2019

Met with Mr. ** who was very informative and knowledgeable. He was honest when explaining what his company could and could not do for us and very straightforward when answering any questions and concerns. Although we did not end up hiring them, we would certainly recommend meeting with them to see if they could be of service for your issue.

Hey Colleen,

Thanks for the positive words and for having considered us for your tax needs. You could have met with anymore, but you chose to put your trust in us and that alone means a great deal to us. If you do need our assistance in the future we are only a call away.

Thanks!

Original review: March 27, 2019

My husband and I just received our initial consultation and we were quite impressed. The Wall representative was very courteous and knowledgeable, we are satisfied that our IRS problems will be in capable hands. For the first time, we are hopeful that a good resolution can be found in the near future.

Hey Karen,

Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know about your initial experience. As we work through addressing your tax matter please be sure to let us know of any questions you have.

We look forward to helping you put this matter behind you.

Thanks.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Since we are in the beginning stages, I have been happy so far! Not much has transpired as of yet, but we seem to be on the right track. Communication has been good. I feel like we are given ample time to provide information/documentation.

Hey Deanna,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience so far. Feel free to give our office a call should you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to helping you resolve your case!

Thanks.

Original review: March 20, 2019

So far I've met with a representative to discuss my tax problem. I signed up for your service. I have a phone conference scheduled for March 22nd to farther discuss my case. That's the extent of my experience so far.

Hi James,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know of your experience to date. We look forward to working with you and addressing your tax matter. If you ever have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at the phone number you were provided.

Thanks.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I started with Wall and Associates in December 2016, however they did not start on my case until the initial $2,000.00 was met (5-30-17). I was told by their representative that typically it takes 6 about months give or take to resolve. I supplied all documentation asked by them them in a timely manner (1.5 weeks tops). I constantly requested updates and what correspondence was there between W&A and the IRS. Their reply was simply that they were waiting to hear from the IRS.

In May of 2018 I tragically lost my brother and was aware that I would inherit some money which would cover my tax dept. Upon learning of the inheritance I immediately contacted W&A. Their response was that it could a issue. Meanwhile still not receiving updates I called the IRS (against W&A recommendation on the onset of our contract) to find out what my status was. The IRS informed me my taxes had never been filed. Without making lengthier than is now, my initial tax bill was approx. $13,000.00. It is now $18.000.00 and had paid W&A $8,425.00 to the end November 2018. The money I had paid them would have reduced my IRS considerably. I spoke with an attorney and will be filing complaints with the AG of Virginia (which they are already investigating along with Minnesota) and the AG of Pennsylvania, F.T.C. and consumer agencies as well as two Philadelphia news channels.

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for reaching out to us. If you want to speak with a member of our office directly we encourage you to call us at (800) 989 - 5911. In reviewing your account it looks like we frequently had contact with you regarding your case with our office. We frequently spoke with you via phone and our office would send correspondence via mail as necessary.

Thanks.

Original review: March 17, 2019

It's been 4 years and $14,000.00 and they have done nothing for me except take money from a single mother. They botched up submitting documents that I provided to the State so I had to work out my own agreement with them. And after all this time and money I have to end up working with the IRS by myself to try and figure this out. I could have done this 4 years ago and put the money toward the tax debt. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Hi Janet,

Our office considers all our clients to be an integral member of their team. We want our clients to be successful in having their tax matters resolved and we want them to be happy with the services we are providing. Our office has tried repeatedly to reach out to you to speak with you about your case. We have sent letters, we have sent emails, and we have called, but communication with you has not been consistent. We even worked with you on payments to our office so your case could become active and we could continue work on it. We anticipated after this exchange that future communication would improve, but it has not.

Our office desperately wants to help you put your tax matter behind you. Please free to reach out to us so that we can work on a long-term solution that will address your needs and allow us to reach you when needed. Note that before our office will agree to continue representing you we will need to be assured of your commitment to communicating with us in a timely manner.

Thanks.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Greg is a very personable person. He is pleasant to work with and very knowledgeable in what he does. He made me aware of options I did not know of, and gave me great direction on what I agreed to be the best approach to move forward with my situation. I definitely will be using your services very shortly if that is necessary. I would definitely recommend you to anyone.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know of your experience. In the event you do need us we are here to help!

Thanks.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Ms. Julie ** was very thorough with her explanation of services. I may suggest after signing and paying retainer up front to request immediately a list of all documents including being given a POA for State revenue inquiries, Tax returns and etc. Also incorporating DOC U Sign services to expedite inquiries and responses. My meeting is next week and hope a WEBEX, ZOOM Video conference will transpire. At these service rates it may make it easier to utilize your local office for video conference or my computer at my home office to make it more user friendly. The two week waiting period is not necessary when waiting for a conference call in 2 weeks to be asked for documents. Thank You, Steve **.

Hey Steven,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience. We agree - DocuSign and other online signing services are an excellent tool for getting responses in a timely manner. That said, most state taxing departments and the IRS will not accept a document, such as a Power of Attorney or financial form, that has not been ink-signed.

We agree that there is always room for improvement and we appreciate working with you toward a successful case resolution. If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks.

Original review: March 4, 2019

In my initial research I found all to be very positive... as to how existing clients were able to settle their tax debt with the IRS. The representative I met with was professional and thorough. I have no reason to believe that my end result working with this firm will be any different than others before me.

Hi Marshall,

Thanks for reaching out to us and choosing us to be your tax representative. We want you to know that we are here to provide you exceptional service. Your case team should have already reached out to you directly, but if we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to respond back.

Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have retained them in Sept of 2018. I owed the IRS 19.000 dollars. I gave the 2500 dollars and pay 400 dollars a month. The IRS is garnishing my paycheck for 1099 dollars every 2 weeks. As of today I have paid over 16.000 dollars between the IRS and Wall and Associates. All I ever get from them is send more papers. I have sent all that I can send and I'm not getting NOTHING resolved. In my initial meeting with them before I retained the I was promised my garnishment would be taken care of in 48 hours, it is 5 months now and I still pay the IRS 1099 every two weeks. I got a request for a power of attorney in Jan of 2019, that is something that should have been requested in the beginning knowing that they would need it.

I sent a email today requesting to speak to a manager or director and I was told that I would have to speak to the team handling my case only. I went on the BBB website and seen that the same stuff they are doing to me Many have claimed that on the BBB website. I think I'm being scammed and I will not stand for it. I have people involved with TV and radio and if I don't get a resolution They will hear from me. The lady working with me is very polite and seems like she is really working hard on my case, but nothing is happening. In a couple of months I will have paid the full 19,000 dollars to the IRS, so what have Wall and Associates done?? I didn't do my research before dealing with them and for that I truly regret it.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our office. Your casework manager will be contacting you to address your concerns and see what help they can provide.

We consider each client to be an essential part of our team and take their concerns very seriously.

We did want to ask you to reference the letter sent to you with the "additional" power of attorney forms. The cover letter denotes these as "additional" forms. You signed an initial power of attorney when you met with our local representative and these were already processed with the IRS on the first day of your case with our office.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We met for an initial consultation with Edward ** at their Greensboro, NC office. He was able to clearly explain the process that we would be going through, and was able to answer all of the questions that we had. I have since been in contact with the team that will be dealing directly with the IRS and State Tax officials, and feel confident going forwards that our issues will be resolved over the coming months.

Wall & Associates expert review by Andrew Poulos

Wall & Associates is one of the country's oldest debt relief companies. The company is headquartered in Fairfax, VA.

• Customer service options: Wall & Associates offers customers a variety of customer service options, including live online chat and a toll-free phone number with representatives to provide help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Free consultation offered: Customers interested in tax relief can receive a free 30-minute consultation from tax experts at Wall & Associates.

• Varied services: Wall & Associates handles a variety of tax relief cases, including liens and levies, garnishments, seizures, penalties and more.

• Experience handling tax debt: Wall & Associates has been in business since 1982, which means they have a good deal of experience and an established track record for getting people out of tax debt.

• Certified experts on staff: The company has CPAs and Enrolled Agents on staff to handle client cases, so they are properly certified to handle tax debt with the IRS.

• Best for: Individuals with garnished wages, individuals with a federal tax lien or levy, innocent spouses and business owners with back payroll taxes.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Wall & Associates Company Information