3.93/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Wall & Associates takes pride in their trustworthiness and hard work to ensure your tax problems are resolved. They will negotiate on your behalf until a reasonable settlement has been reached with the I.R.S. Their authorized to work with taxing authorities in all 50 states.

Don’t handle your tax problems alone. Contact Wall & Associates today for a free, confidential consultation today.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 6, 2017

51 Wall & Associates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I am VERY frustrated with Wall & Associates. I pay $350 per month and after a year we are absolutely NOWHERE. I email to call me, I call them and I get blown off time and time again! I am in dire straits and scheduled to meet with an attorney to see if 1st I can resolve my tax issue and 2nd to demand my money back from Wall & Associates. My attorney doesn't feel as though the amount of time and the point we are presently at is acceptable.

I cannot afford to keep paying them. I think other consumers need to be alerted. If you look at the Better Business Bureau there are NUMEROUS complaints against them. They have a low BBB rating and a TON of unresolved complaints. The BBB lists that the complaints are a "trend" with Wall & Associates. BUYER beware. I think we need to contact the news outlets and see if they can help all of us who have been taken by this group!

Wall & Associates response

We apologize for you experience. In reviewing your case it does appear that our office tried to reach you in regards to your concerns but have been unable to speak with you.

I encourage you to reach out to our office at (800) 989-5911 or reach out to the Client Services member who has been attempting to contact you. We stand ready to address any questions or concerns you have in regards to your case.

Our office is normally able to clarify case direction, actions taken, and progress toward a resolution after being able to speak with you directly

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

After years of attempting to resolve my tax issues with the IRS, I retained the services of Wall and Associates. A dedicated team of professionals walk me step by step through the process. Wall and Associates negotiated a remarkable settlement for me in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the cost. I highly recommend Wall and Associates tax needs.

Wall & Associates response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. In the event you need anything in the future please do no hesitate to contact our office. We wish you all the best moving forward.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My husband and I paid Wall and Associates over $12,000 during a year and half period. They were to work on our case with IRS and the State of Missouri. We tried to tell them that we didn't owe the state at all but they wouldn't listen. I just kept sending them copies of pay stubs, bank statements and filling out a form of our monthly expenses. I did this every 4 months.

Every time I called to speak to one of my case managers they were never available. They always took a message for them to call me back. In fact, if I didnt call them I really didnt hear from them unless the IRS wanted something new. After they took my case the IRS along with the State of Missouri began to garnish my husband's wages. Twice the IRS took all of my disability check during Nov and Dec. My case managers said they talked to IRS and they werent willing to release the garnishment on my disability.

I took it upon myself and called the Revenue Officer but she was out of the office. I then spoke to her manager and explained the hardship that taking my entire check was putting on our family especially since the IRS and State of Missouri were already getting over 50% of my husband's check. The IRS then released the garnishment on my disability check. My husband and I were in worse shape after hiring Wall & Associates. Eventually we quit paying them because we werent seeing any results. We hired them because they came out to our house after we responded to a letter they wrote us. A gentlemen came out and said our case might be a little difficult but that's what they do is work on difficult cases. He said the IRS would take our home, seize our bank account, garnish our wages etc.

We were scared and I have cancer going through treatment. After we stop paying them we received a letter that stated they were no longer working on our case. We then hired someone else and within 5 weeks of working on our case they got the State of Missouri debt wiped out because we didnt owe it in the first place and the State of Missouri garnishment released. If Wall and Associates had of listened to us the garnishment would of never taken place. Therefore, Wall and Associates cost us $3,000.

We weren't able to get a refund because we owed the IRS so IRS got that money. We feel like Wall & ASSOCIATES took advantage of us because we were so stressed and worried about what they said the IRS would and could do. We never got any results from Wall & Associates and we just dont want anyone else to be taken advantage of. We asked for a partial refund and it was denied because they said they did a lot of work on this case. If they did so much work then why didnt we see any results. Since Wall and Associates used scare tactics about the IRS we feel that we were scammed and that as long as we were paying them we got nothing but lip service. We feel they should be investigated.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for your experience, but unfortunately after reviewing your case a refund was not an option. Several individuals within our company reviewed this and the opinion was unanimous. An immense amount of work had taken place in regards to addressing the multiple sources of liability present on your account. Our office encourages you to review the 11 page case summary our office provided regarding the actions on your case.

Additionally, despite the work that transpired our office agreed to work with you in regards to our fees on two separate occasions. We stand behind the work we performed and unfortunately are unable to grant a refund.

Should you have further questions or concerns we encourage you to contact us (800) 989-5911.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Over 8 months ago, they took $3800 from us upfront and $350 a month since, yet no account of what they are doing or where the case is at. When called they just say, "we are still looking into it". I feel this is unethical and extremely suspicious.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

After dealing with Wall & Associates for almost two years to settle my tax problems with no avail I decided to take my tax issues on my own. Within a month and a half I was able to settle my tax issues and obtain an abatement. I'm so sorry I didn't do this from the beginning. I paid them 3000.00 dollars to start the case and 350.00 a month afterward but once I start complaining they gave me three month free. During that time they said they were still working on the case, however after being so frustrated I decided to make some calls on my own and got everything settled within a month and a half and received about 4000.00 back. I feel like I just wasted my money.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for you experience. At the time you ended services it appears that our office was awaiting a substitute return, filed by North Carolina, to be reviewed based on the fact that you submitted an original return. In the event you want to speak with someone to address your concerns at length we do request you give us a call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wall & Associates ?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Wall and Associates did what they said they would do, reduce my tax burden to the IRS. Their help took my debt from $119,000 to just over $12,000. They earned their money. Over half the money I owed the IRS was penalties and interest. They gave me a second chance to succeed when I had given up on ever escaping that crushing debt.

Wall & Associates response

It was a please working with you. We appreciate you putting your trust in us to get your tax matters resolved. Do not hesitate to contact our office in the future if you need our assistance.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Tax debt relief - They are crooks and liars. I wanted my money back immediately and they refused. I don't need their services. I fired them and they still won't give me my money back. They delay and delay. Don't use them.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for your experience. Our office is pleased that we were able to come to an amicable settlement in relation to your concerns. Should you need anything further please contact our office at 800-989-5911.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I cannot begin to describe my experience with Wall & Associates. I have been paying them for 8 years with no end in sight. They ask for documents that they claim the IRS is requesting, then a couple of months later, they want something else, and this goes on and on. Next step is BBB and news stations which I should have done years ago. Stay away from this company.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to discuss any concerns that you have and working with us in achieving an amicable resolution to those concerns. Should you need anything in the future we can be reached at 800-989-5911.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I hired Wall & Associates in 2010 to help me deal with a tax lien. I was desperate and had no luck trying to deal with the IRS myself. I paid Wall & Associates $400 a month for 6 years - that's $24,000, then $300 a month for another year ($3,600). The reason the monthly fee was reduced was because they screwed up and missed a deadline, causing the last offer in compromise to be tossed out by the IRS and it had to be refiled. I requested a decrease in their fees.

They act like they're doing something for you but months (and years) can go by and they're doing nothing, not even talking to the IRS. When they submitted the offers to the IRS (apparently they only made 3 attempts in 7 years) the information sent to the IRS was sparse, inaccurate and ultimately rejected by the IRS. They gave me advice on how to have the next offer accepted. I did all of those things (and more) and still they could not get a compromise approved by the IRS.

This spring I reached a level of frustration because they couldn't get any action from the IRS and I needed a decision because I could FINALLY refinance a house and pay the tax lien. The offer had been submitted in December 2016 and the IRS was still kicking it around in June 2017. They have zero influence there. So after 7 years I'm out about $27,000. My tax bill was only $29,000 so by this time I could have paid the IRS off at $400 a month.

Here's the real kicker. After paying $27,000 to Wall, my tax bill (with interest and penalties) is now up to $45,000. Those delays from both Wall and the IRS added up. So, I'm out $72,000 over what was a $29,000 tax bill. When I terminated my relationship with them I asked how they would compensate me for this total waste of money - no response. Customer Service never called back. If Wall & Associates didn't think they could help me, they shouldn't have accepted me as a client. I called my Senator's office for help with the IRS and they flat out told me I should have called them for help earlier and these types of companies just rip you off. They sure did. I would not recommend their services to anyone. You need help with the IRS? Call your Senator's office. They'll help for free.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for your experience. As you state our office did make several attempts at working through an offer in compromise with you. When your case was assigned to us your balance owed was $43,688 not $29,000. Additionally, our office did maintain communication with the IRS.

We want to work with you and address any concerns you may have. If you want to discuss specific matters related to your please give us a call at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I signed up on here just to leave a review. I went with Wall and Associates because of this website. Check out their review on the Better Business Bureau website. It is a D rating and they have a ton of complaints. This company is a scam and someone to watch out for with help on past due taxes. They just take your money and take their time and do not do their jobs. Do yourself a favor and search on BBB for the best ratings and find someone in your state to help you as each state has different laws on taxes. This company took $6700 of our money since December 2016 to August 2017. We finally fired them and found a local tax attorney that will handle our case by the hour not on a ridiculous monthly contract and initial deposit fee. Ask around and do your research if you value your money and time.

Wall & Associates response

We're sorry for your negative experience. Our office has a proven track record when it comes to representing clients before the IRS and state taxing authorities. We further apologize that you are dissatisfied with our billing arrangement. Our office feels that the fee structure we have implemented ensures our clients get the representation they deserve at a price that is both fair to us and affordable to them. Should you want to speak with someone to address any questions or concerns you have give us a call at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was drowning in tax debt. Didn't know which way I was going. Then Wall and Associates took my case and now I can breathe easier. Definitely recommend Wall and Associates for those that are searching for relief and need help. Thousands of dollars reduced to $1. Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I have been with them since 2013 (Wall & Associates) and I have paid over $21,600 of my hard earned dollars. $400 a month. They telling me as of today that I might have to pay the IRS 10,000 dollars and I just owed $12,500. Do the math. That's a total of $31,000 dollars. They are ripping me off and others off! I wish I have talked to the IRS myself, with penalties I still will not have to pay $31,000. If my 403b is a issue should they told me at the 2 year mark and let me know to go had and pay Uncle Sam!!! My next stop is the BBB, and 12 On Your Side!

Wall & Associates response

We're sorry for your experience. Someone from our Client Services Group will be reaching out to you to address any concerns you have in relation to your case with us.

Original review: July 21, 2017

We invested in a genetic breeding cattle company, Hoyt & Sons, located in Oregon and California in 1985. After ten years of dealing with IRS they claimed this company was a tax shelter and therefore illegal. In 1996 we contacted Wall and Associates for help. They responded very positively and worked diligently with us and IRS. After 15 years a settlement was made. In summary the IRS took all of our IRA account. At one time the IRS said we owed over $495,000. Our settlement with Wall and Associates was $178,000. Well pleased with all Wall associates who dealt with us openly and we were pleased with their efforts on our behalf.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I was faced with what seemed to be an impossible situation with the IRS. After hiring one company that took me for thousands of dollars and did absolutely nothing, I decided to call Wall & Associates. The outcome was simply nothing less than amazing. They resolved my situation with the IRS. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I highly recommend them for anyone with an IRS situation. Outstanding...

Original review: July 4, 2017

Wall and Associates has no screening process in place to ascertain whether or not they can help any of the clients who agree to pay them. Anyone who is as unfortunate and foolish as I was will find this out several months into paying them. I signed a contract with Wall and Associates in August of 2015. I owed the federal government roughly $7000. I ended up paying Wall and Associates $7600. They literally mailed two letters and made two phone calls to the IRS for me, nothing more. I ended up losing nearly $8000. I still owe the IRS every cent that I ever did.

They use a tactic of passing their clients off to different points of contact throughout their office personnel. This is a way of subverting continuity and keeping the client in a position to hear a fresh voice reassuring them that the case is being worked on and that their hard earned money is going towards a practical purpose. It is not. It is highway robbery and it should be illegal.

During the entire length of my contract with this so called firm, I continuously expressed concerns that the tab was adding up to be what I originally owed the IRS. I began requesting weekly conference calls, weekly emails, and some type of charting that would show a linear progression as to what this company had done for me. I was constantly dodged. I was constantly put on hold and told no one on my case team was available when I called. And when I did finally reach a client services representative or my case team manager, it would be someone new that I hadn't talked to before. They would assure me that the whole purpose of their business was to make sure that you didn't pay them more than you originally owed the IRS. I foolishly assumed that if all else failed they would at least return my money to me.

When I finally requested my money back, after I had spoken to the IRS directly, I was told that because considerations had been previously made for me and that the case team had spent so much time working on my case I would not be receiving a refund. They had froze my billing on two different occasions due to my complaints. These were the considerations they were referring to (even though I still paid them more money than I actually owed the IRS). And as far as all of the supposed time they spent on me, the IRS had very little correspondence from them.

This company is a fraud. They have absolutely no ethics and engage in negligent and borderline criminal business practices. I am most interested in speaking to anybody who finds this information valuable and validating all of my grievances. I'm interested in talking to anybody else who reads this post and has had similar experiences. I would like to know if any legal measures have been previously taken against this firm and where they stand.

Wall & Associates response

We're sorry for your negative experience. In reviewing your case it does appear that our office worked with you on several occasions in adjusting the monthly fees that you agreed to pay as part of our representation services. Our office wants to help address any furthers questions or concerns you have regarding your case and encourage you to give us a call at (800) 989 - 5911.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Walls did a great job with helping me sort through my IRS debt! Stopped the IRS from collecting money and kept me informed through the whole process. I would recommend them to anyone that owes back taxes. I made a mistake and did not catch it until it was too late. They helped me through the process and gave me a peace of mind again.

Wall & Associates response

We're pleased we were able to be of assistance. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require anything in the future.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I have found Wall & Associates to be an excellent tax firm with kind, compassionate, understanding, staff with the kind of expertise need for tax matters. They work in teams and I was blessed to get the tops. Need tax help, look no further.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Everyone's situation is unique and yet similar, we all owe the IRS (in my case) more money than we have or can pay. Having called around when confronted with my IRS issue, I contacted Wall & Associates I believe through a mailer I received. I met with an attorney and felt comfortable in moving forward. It was the best decision I made. I had over $23,000 reduced to less than $500 by the time it was all finished. Wall & Associates also helped with any questions I had along the way and assisted when the IRS passed my file to 3 different offices and constant sending me letters of demand. I just turned everything over to them and I did not have to deal with it. Very comforting. I have recommended Wall & Associates to others and will continue to mention them when I am asked about an IRS Attorney.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Thanks to everyone at Wall and Associates for all of your hard work and positive attitude. You helped me to reduce my tax bill from over $60K to $325. It feels so good to have that burden lifted. I would recommend your services to anyone who found themselves in this dilemma.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I had a tax lady to lose 2 years of my taxes. The I.R.S. was hounding me to death because I hadn't filed. She finally found them and I ended up owing the I.R.S. over $80,000 dollars in taxes and penalties. I contacted Wall and Associates. They sent a very nice gentleman to my home. The I.R.S. letters and bank levies suddenly stopped. I was so relieved. The final payoff was less than $7,000 dollars. Look at what they saved me. I'm sure they can do the same for you. They are a friendly group of people. Very professional. They know the tax laws and were in constant contact with the I.R.S. on my behalf. I could have lost my home and everything I own. I would recommend Wall and Associates to anyone.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I hired Wall and Associates after I received a notice from the IRS that I owed over 300K in back taxes. I hired Wall and Associates to help me resolve this matter. It is never an easy matter dealing with something of this magnitude and emotions tended to run high at times. I say that because throughout the process Wall and Associates provided me with a professional yet compassionate attitude, and accurate information even when it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

It was not cheap but in the end I saved a great deal of money and anguish. Wall and Associates went to bat for me and I was impressed with their "bulldog" approach to representing me. I always felt like they had my best interests at heart. If you are looking for a service like this I would recommend Wall and Associates. They are not cheap but I have no problem paying for excellent service. Well done Wall and Associates.

Original review: May 22, 2017

My name is Mary ** and I am client of Wall and Associates. Mandy ** was my main case worker. I received my offer and compromise and my case has been closed recently. We settled out for one dollar. The case went on for around a year and a half and was not certain how it was going to end but finally has been completed in my favor. It is a huge relief and nice to have a fresh start. I am very pleased with the service provided for me by Mandi and the entire Wall and Associates company.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Wall & Associates helped us through one of the most difficult situations we ever faced financially! The IRS was threatening us with levies even though we never missed a payment! W&A protected our income, bank accounts, and stopped the harassment! Thank you Wall & Associates for helping us get our quality of life back, we are forever grateful and will continue to recommend your services!

Original review: May 16, 2017

Helped take away stress. I worked with Jessica ** out of Virginia, whom I'd highly recommend! She understood what the auditors wanted and worked with me quickly to provide that information. She kept me updated, informed, and acted as a liaison. Wish I would have had her fighting for me in beginning!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I have been working with Jessica ** for over a year. She is absolutely fantastic. She is highly professional and always most courteous. She is almost always available by phone, and when not, she will return my calls or emails usually within minutes. I have an unusual case, overseas accounts, and she has bent over backwards in solving my tax problems. She is very patient in explaining the complexities involved. She is obviously a great asset to your company.

Original review: May 13, 2017

My experience with Wall & Assoc. has been nothing but positive. I found myself in a bad tax situation over various years to the tune of 30k. Not knowing what to do and after paying IRS over 27k to only find that my liabilities INCREASED, I contracted Wall & Assoc. To make a long story short, Wall worked diligently and got an offer in compromise accepted for $1.00!!! I could not be happier with the worked they performed.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Wall & Assoc. provided superb support and experience with my case. They responded to every issue that the IRS brought up and through their perseverance brought my case to a very favorable financial conclusion which saved my company and me from future financial problems.

Original review: April 22, 2017

Tax consultant - professional and on task. It took about 30 months to resolve my issue with the IRS but the fault of Wall. The government kept passing our case around, then we had to start from the beginning. Everybody I talked to seemed like good neighbors.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I have been a client of Wall and Associates for approximately 4 years. Jessica ** has worked extremely hard for me. She has gone above and beyond in communicating with me. I am so very grateful to have her involved with my case.

Original review: April 20, 2017

We have had good results with Kelly ** and Wall & Associates. Kelly helped us get the outcome that we were looking for and was always pleasant and helpful. We are so grateful for all of her help and keeping us encouraged that we would reach a conclusion. I would recommend her to anyone.

Wall & Associates Company Information