Call toll free
3.59/5
Based on 63 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Wall & Associates takes pride in their trustworthiness and hard work to ensure your tax problems are resolved. They will negotiate on your behalf until a reasonable settlement has been reached with the I.R.S. Their authorized to work with taxing authorities in all 50 states.

Don’t handle your tax problems alone. Contact Wall & Associates today for a free, confidential consultation today.

View More View More

73 Wall & Associates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 22, 2018

I didn't realize Wall & Associates had a "D" rating, but now I can see why! I read through many, many reviews and most of them sounded just like my disappointing experience. When I initially visited my local office I thought this was great. I'll be able to check in and see what's going on with our case; and if there was a problem or a specific question they're only a few miles away. The gentleman I spoke with (Edward **) really put my mind at ease by telling me how they were able to help people settle their tax debt that owed much more than we did and with the skills and knowledge of an entire team working together at our disposal we'll be fine. Just give them a few months to get all the needed info and they'll be in contact with us. So after the initial pymt $2000.00 we were told just call him if we had ANY questions during this process.

We talked with him once, shortly, after realizing that this team was out of state, and after that could never get a return phone call or email from him. The team members changed every other month; just when we would get all the needed forms completed and tax info they needed we wouldn't hear anything for about a month or so; and when we called them the previous team member we were working with was no longer with the company and we pretty much had to start over again. Well, this went on back and forth same story for about 16 months. I called and complained and they did reduce a month because they saw where they made another mistake re-sending the same paperwork back and forth. The only thing that was constant with this company was the billing department!!

Hello Sandy,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. In reviewing your account it appears that your son, our client, was missing his 2013 tax return. This missing return and the issues involving the Form 8962 for tax year 2016 prevented our office from submitting an offer on your son's behalf prior to your son's account being closed for non-payment. You were aware of these issues as they were communicated to you via our staff.

Due to IRS delays in processing the IRS Form 8962, our office as a customer service gesture, not only reduced your billing but also waived 4 months of fees and deferred an additional month. Our office granted a lot of fee consideration because we care about you and your son's situation and wanted to work with you, as much as possible, in seeing the issue resolved satisfactorily.

Additionally, you know that our office was in frequent contact with you regarding your son's case. There are notes detailing these conversations so it is not true that the only consistent communication you received was from our billing department.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Insufficient response received
Original review: May 18, 2018

My husband and I retained Wall & Associates in May of 2013. We paid a $3000.00 retainer and $400.00 a month until November 2017 totaling almost $25 thousand dollars. We are no better off today than we were the day we hired them. These people are worthless. After almost 5 years of paying for a service we didn't get we've now had to retain an actual law firm to handle our tax issue spending another almost 8 thousand dollars. In the 6 months we've had them they've done more than Wall & Associates did the entire 5 years. I suggest to anyone searching for tax help not to use this company. It's a huge scam seriously. I have all intentions of getting my money back. And to whomever post replies to these complaints on behalf of Wall & Associates save yourself the hassle and don't post the same reply to me that you've posted to every other negative post. You need to be shut down!

Hey Kelly,

Unfortunately we cannot answer your complaint. Our office cannot identify you as a current or former client of our office.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I hired W&A in March 2015. Three years later and over $22,000 my final hearing on our OIC resulted in FULL PAYMENT plus the additional $20,000 in interest that accrued. I know interest was accruing but I at the very least expected my penalties and interest to be removed. My "team" changed four times over the 3 years and I never knew who was working on it, if at all. I now have an IRS payment of $1500 a month that I cannot afford. This is not the outcome I was promised. Yes, I was PROMISED in my initial consultation. Now what do I do?

Wall & Associates response

We apologize for your experience. Our office is going to have someone from our Client Services Group call you to go over any concerns you have.

Respectfully, your account did not generate $20,000 in interest over the last 3 years. The additional tax balances you continued to generate on the filing of your 1040 tax returns for 2014, 2015, and 2016 comprised around $14,000 of that amount.

Our office is unable to guarantee specific results related to our tax representation services. When dealing with a third party agency like the IRS it is simply impossible to do so.

Furthermore, as you are aware, our office submitted your offer to the IRS in May of 2017 and it took the IRS a year to give us all a final answer to it. Admittedly, an answer neither of us wanted, which is why we fought very hard on your behalf during the IRS Appeals hearing.

To protect YOUR interests and to prevent aggressive collection action in the form of levies our office did set you up on an installment agreement. We felt guaranteed payments in lieu of unexpected garnishments or bank account seizures was the most prudent and responsible option to take on your behalf.

Installment agreements can be modified if necessary to reflect a taxpayer's ability to repay and it may be possible to have the one you are on lowered.

If you would like to speak to someone to address your concerns immediately I do encourage you to call us at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I paid Wall & Associates $325.00 per month for approximately 30 months to handle my back tax issues. My "team" changed often, results were negative and I had to call them monthly for updates before I finally lost hope and pulled the plug. I sincerely believe I was scammed and taken advantage by this outfit while I was in a very vulnerable situation. Furthermore, looking back, I believe they appeal to people in this position with back taxes in arrears and willfully make their bank on deceiving them into believing they can be helped. I could have paid the IRS that money and been in much better shape today. I blame myself for being so naive in thinking they were on my side. Don't get fleeced like I did!

Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We take client concerns very seriously and want to ensure that we are providing the best representation services available.

In reviewing your account it appears that you ended your relationship with our office in June of 2013 after notifying us you had hired an attorney to handle your tax matter. Per your request a summary of the casework that was conducted on your case was provided back in 2013.

Our office successfully helps many clients in the resolution of their tax matters and we have closed out many cases with clients who go on to have no further tax issues into the future.

If you have questions or concerns we do encourage you to reach out to our office at (800) 989-5911.

Insufficient response received
Original review: April 18, 2018

We hired Wall & Associates to settle a dispute with the state of Minnesota on an unemployment issue. The state had put us in the wrong classification, and was charging us at a higher rate than what it should have been. They even levied our bank account for payment. Wall said they would stop that and get the money put back in our account. We paid them a $5000 fee in Feb of 2017, and $450 per month after that. We sent them all of the documents they asked for, but they never contacted the state until May of 2017. Every time we would call our case workers, who were different every time, they just told us they are getting very close on settlement.

The state never received any type of correspondence from them, on any type of settlement. We stopped paying the monthly fee after Nov of 2017, as they were not earning their money. We immediately started getting letters, phone calls and threats of nonpayment from them. We must have gotten their attention. After the first of the new year, we contacted the state, and was able to resolve the matter easily in only two weeks, with very satisfactory results. I surely would not hire this company, let alone recommend them to anyone, as they are a total scam, and a rip off. We will be pursuing them for 6 months refund, and if they don't refund our money, we will pursue them legally, I am sure that social media would like reading about this rip off company.

Wall & Associates response

Our office prioritizes client concerns above all else. Our office attempted to locate you as a client of our office, but were unable to.

For immediate assistance please contact us at 800-989-5911.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wall & Associates ?

Original review: April 14, 2018

I owed the IRS $90,000.00. James ** and Wall & Associates helped me settle the tax debt for $1,900.00. I was able to pay the debt and build back my professional life. Throughout the process, they maintained great professionalism and impartiality in order to help me obey the law and fulfill my duty while in a difficult position. I strongly recommend James ** and Wall & Associates for their honesty and effectiveness.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience about working with our office!

Original review: March 29, 2018

Worked with Wall & Associates for 18 months starting in 2015, and after app. $8,000.00 no resolution with the IRS. Continually got the runaround, when calling in, always given a new person, was the experience of my life. I would never want to work with this company for anything ever again.

Wall & Associates response

We apologize for your experience. We are committed to client satisfaction and take client concerns seriously. In reviewing your account it doesn't appear that our office has corresponded with you since August of 2016.

If you would like to speak with someone regarding your concerns we can be reached at 800-989-5911.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 26, 2018

We hired Walls & Associates in February 2016 to negotiate a tax debt with the IRS. My husband and I are both attorneys, but thought it better to hire a tax professional to handle the matter. After a $5,000 retainer and $500 per month for two years, we found they had done almost nothing. The IRS hadn't even been contacted on our behalf. Once we discovered this, Idris **, the associate handling our account, wouldn't even return our phones calls or emails (yet, Walls more than willing to continue withdrawing the monthly payment from our account). At this point, we are preparing a case for fraud against Walls and intend to hire an actual law firm to handle our tax concerns. Please be wary of this firm and hire someone else.

Wall & Associates response

We apologize for your experience. We take client concerns very seriously and want to make sure that our client's are receiving the best representation services available. On review of your statements we have noticed a number of things that appear to be in error.

If you have further questions or concerns we encourage you to reach out to our office at (800) 989-5911.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 21, 2018

Biggest scam artists around IRS suggesting I owe big taxes on IRA money that was already prefaced dollars unmoved from my 401k to an IRA and never increased it at all. Started moving funds out when I turned 65 because of a disability as a result of getting caught in the collapse of the WTC. Wall & Associates said they would resolve and my case was bounced from 1 associate to another with each person requesting over 100 pages of documents previously faxed to them. They are obviously a business definitely not interested in their clients...big very big scam company. I surely will be suing these bunch of clowns.

Charles,

We apologize for your experience. You hired our office to administratively resolve your tax liability and in response our office has made you aware of a potential deficiency in regards to one of your returns. If you wish to supply additional information disproving the taxability of the accounts in question please do so. Our office has requested the caseworker assigned to your account reach out to you to discuss these matters.

Original review: March 19, 2018

It will be 2 1/2 years and $15,000 since I hired this company to help me with my tax situation. I am still trying to figure who is on my case team. I just called in again and got transferred to the wrong office. That person was nice and pleasant and had to send an email to my team to give me a callback. If this cannot be resolved soon I will be going to a Tax acct or other legal help. I just want this company to do what they said they would. I have 2 years that the IRS is questioning and owe them in penalties and fees.That is what should be resolved. I can't understand the time that has gone by and still not resolved.

Wall & Associates response

We appreciate you taking the time to speak with your case team regarding your concerns. In the event you need additional assistance don't hesitate to contact our office.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have had to initiate every interaction with my "Team" at Wall & Associates. Never got a list of contact information for team members. Every time I call the message is the same, "No one from your team is available. I will have someone call you back." Rarely get a call back within days. They charged me $8,000, and $400 per month. Seem like they are dragging out the process. No resolution after 4 months. Unless things improve, I will be lowering my review status.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for taking the time to speak with your case team regarding your concerns. In the event you have questions or concerns in the future please don't hesitate to contact them for clarification or assistance.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Several strikes against Wall & Associates. At the first meeting before hiring them we were given the impression that they were a local firm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but later learned that was not the case. I have not received my files that I gave them to copy and returned. I have contacted them about the files whereabouts and they cannot find them. They are not very knowledgeable of the IRS tax laws of the allowable deductions. After paying them $4,200 and four months later, they do not have a plan of action. I hired another firm and they have an action plan and asked for more information in order to settle with the IRS. They told me of several different options that may be available to me. They have been in constant contact with updates concerning my case.

I contacted Wall and asked for a full refund of my money due to lack of knowledge and action. Wall refused to refund my $4,200 so I have no other recourse than to turn them into the Virginia State Attorney General for further action. I am writing this review because I am very very unhappy with Wall's inaction and refusal to refund the $4200 I paid them.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for this client's experience. It appears this client hired us to argue an IRS generated assessment due to an alleged under-reporting issue. Our office in response prepared responses to the IRS detailing this client's position regarding the proposed assessment. This client was copied on these correspondences to the IRS. At the time this client ended services with our office we were awaiting a response from the IRS regarding these matters.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I paid Wall and Associates over 20k and the IRS still froze my bank accounts and placed a federal lien against me. I finally went to a CPA and he straightened everything out for around $700! If you want to throw money away and have nothing in return then use Wall and Associates!

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for you experience. If you would like to speak to someone in relation to your concerns please give our office a call at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We reached out to Wall & Associates, Inc. after having issues with the IRS because of our last "accountant". We owed them roughly $20,000. After our first interview with Wall & Associates, Inc. we were promised that the total we would owe to both the IRS and Wall & Associates, Inc. combined would be no more than $5,000. We were also told that the work wouldn't take more than a few months. After 6 months we paid them $4,900 and still owed the IRS $16,000. We ended up owing more than before and they said nothing more could be done. After contacting the IRS, we were able to reduce the penalty by an additional $3,000 ourselves almost instantly. The company is absolutely useless and a complete waste of time and money.

Wall & Associates response

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

In trying to settle my Mother's estate, I found out that tax liens had been placed on my personal finances. This was more than just tax issues. Identity theft was also involved. Della ** from Wall & Associates took over from the local attorney. Not only did she navigate the treasury morass, she provided emotional support and allayed my emotional distress. I owe my deepest gratitude to this wonderful, and professional person. I can't imagine where I would be without her support and the backing of the Wall group. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I wouldn't give Wall & Associates any positive comments, after sticking me for $7400.00 and no help whatsoever. This company is the #1 ripoff artist in the business. They should be put out of commission and put in jail... I finally got help through my local state senator's advocacy group. Supposedly owe the IRS $86,000.00 and settled for $956.00. Not a damn help from off the Wall & Associates.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for your experience. If you would like to speak with someone about your concerns we can be reached at (888) 491-4807.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

They worked on my case for years and said they are working on it, the Oklahoma state tax is going to garnish our check, we pay 500.00 a month. They haven't done anything but rip us off. We only have days left before the state of Oklahoma is gonna garnish our check and they can take whatever they want, they want 24,000 now... These people did nothing for us, they called and said I would have to pay a lot more money. We have hired a attorney. Now they want 25,000.00 for a bill from them. They are crooks, money hungry pieces of **. Please contact me if you want more info. The IRS and state said they never heard anything from them. That's why the state is after us so bad. I see other people pay way less for a monthly payment. We've been paying them for years.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for this client's experience.

In reviewing this client’s account our office would like to reiterate a key component of resolving any tax liability – the need for our client’s to provide us information timely. This case was assigned in July of 2014 and our office spent the next two and a half years requesting pertinent financial information in order to work toward a resolution of their balance. Our office received financial information – including supporting documentation - for this client in January of 2017 after mailing this client requests for it on July 17, 2014, August 14, 2014, September 26, 2014, October 17, 2014, December 18, 2014, March 20, 2015, May 29, 2015, February 17, 2016, March 14, 2016, April 22, 2016, July 22, 2016, September 30, 2016, October 28, 2016, and December 16, 2016. Please note these are only the written requests many verbal requests also took place.

Our office is able to stop most forms of aggressive collection action provided our clients do their part in providing our office what we need to make their case successful. Every client is a valuable part of their team and we expect them to provide our office information when requested.

Our office as a customer service gesture did reach out to this client in order to see what we could do to get their account active with our office so we could pursue a remedy with the state in lieu of a garnishment. This client opted to not allow our office to review that possibility.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Very responsive and professional experience. Wall and Associates always provided timely and to the point answers. Their correspondence with the IRS always identified issues and solutions. I recommend their service to anyone who needs help with the IRS. It has been the most inexpensive and effective help to address complicated problems which have been difficult and time consuming for me.

Wall & Associates response

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience and we are delighted that we were able to be of assistance. If you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Because of a mix up with Obamacare, I got an 11K tax bill. They were confident they could reduce it to only 10% of that. I had to pay $2500, plus $350 a month. THEN, after 3 months, they said because of my assets, that I should pay the full amount to the IRS. WHY did they not KNOW THIS BEFORE they took my $2500+??? CROOKS, stay FAR AWAY!

Jeff,

Our office apologizes for your experience. In order to determine the optimum resolution for your case it is necessary for our office to request and review financial information. It is also normally necessary for our office to cross compare return information with IRS Wage and Income information to determine the accuracy of the balance. This all works into building your unique case plan and determining the best options in resolving your case.

If you have any further questions please contact our office.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Wall and Associates did a very good job of resolving my mother's tax situation with the federal and state governments. I will use them again if the need arises. The process took 16 months as we were advised at the onset it would take at least a year. We were able obtain the results we need and appreciate Wall's help and communication.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Hired Wall & Associates in 7/17. Initial payment of $3000 down and 400/month, Wall has done nothing. Sent forms and numerous phone calls. They said "we're working on your case. Need more money." Same mantra over and over again. They lie and delay, keep asking for more money or they will put a "work stop" on my case. Wall is a fraud. Do not hire them. Judging from the past reviews and the BBB complaints, I am forced to seek tax council elsewhere since they will not refund my money. Neither the initial representative I met in Buffalo nor the "Team" on the phone or letters are tax lawyers. Sounds like a Boiler Room of many other activities, Porn, Stock Fraud. What a ** joke.

Wall & Associates response

We apologize for your concerns. You spoke with a representative of our office on Friday and again yesterday. Our office has already agreed to look into your case and determine what options are available in amicably settling your case concerns.

Respectfully, our billing structure is clear. We charge an initial fee and a monthly fee. The initial fee is designed to cover the large amount of work that occurs at case onset and the monthly fee is charged to cover the remaining work that is performed. To date you haven't met the terms of that arrangement and your account was placed on a non-working status. Our office is fair and unbiased in this process. As previously explained to you our office is prepared to move forward with an offer regarding your case, but are unable to due so because of the non-working status.

Representatives of our office have already been in contact with you to address the concerns you have and see that your case with us is ultimately resolved.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

In June, 2016 I gave this firm a $5000 deposit based on assurances that my tax situation would most likely be settled in 6-12 months for about 10% of what was owed. I paid an additional monthly fee of $350 for 15 more months as I watched the penalties and interest on the audit increase. I finally broke off my association with Wall & Associates in early November of 2017.

In my opinion they totally misrepresented themselves to me and mislead me to believe that my IRS audits (2013, 2014) would be handled and any liabilities would be reduced. I recently sent the IRS over $8300 (from an initial audit amount of $6800 for 2013) and I have reached out to the IRS to find out where my liability for 2014 stands since Wall does not keep you in the loop on many issues. If this firm did not have the ability and skill sets to really reduce my IRS penalty they should have had the professional courtesy and decency to tell me early on that they could not help me. Do NOT hire this firm. All they will do is take your monthly fee (gladly) and tell you they're IN PROGRESS working on your case.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for you experience. You initially came to our office in relation to an ongoing audit for tax year 2013. While this audit was concluding the IRS opened an audit on tax year 2014 as well. Naturally, this extended the time your case would take.

It appears your team was working to request the IRS abatement the applicable penalties associated with the audits for both tax years 2013 and 2014 and ultimately resolve your case, but you ended services prior to our office being able to complete the work.

Other tax resolution companies typically charge an additional fee to work an additional audit as the workload effectively doubles Our fees cover any IRS issues that have currently arisen or any that arise during our handling of your case.

If you require anything further please contact our office.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I am VERY frustrated with Wall & Associates. I pay $350 per month and after a year we are absolutely NOWHERE. I email to call me, I call them and I get blown off time and time again! I am in dire straits and scheduled to meet with an attorney to see if 1st I can resolve my tax issue and 2nd to demand my money back from Wall & Associates. My attorney doesn't feel as though the amount of time and the point we are presently at is acceptable.

I cannot afford to keep paying them. I think other consumers need to be alerted. If you look at the Better Business Bureau there are NUMEROUS complaints against them. They have a low BBB rating and a TON of unresolved complaints. The BBB lists that the complaints are a "trend" with Wall & Associates. BUYER beware. I think we need to contact the news outlets and see if they can help all of us who have been taken by this group!

Wall & Associates response

We apologize for you experience. In reviewing your case it does appear that our office tried to reach you in regards to your concerns but have been unable to speak with you.

I encourage you to reach out to our office at (800) 989-5911 or reach out to the Client Services member who has been attempting to contact you. We stand ready to address any questions or concerns you have in regards to your case.

Our office is normally able to clarify case direction, actions taken, and progress toward a resolution after being able to speak with you directly

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

After years of attempting to resolve my tax issues with the IRS, I retained the services of Wall and Associates. A dedicated team of professionals walk me step by step through the process. Wall and Associates negotiated a remarkable settlement for me in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the cost. I highly recommend Wall and Associates tax needs.

Wall & Associates response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. In the event you need anything in the future please do no hesitate to contact our office. We wish you all the best moving forward.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My husband and I paid Wall and Associates over $12,000 during a year and half period. They were to work on our case with IRS and the State of Missouri. We tried to tell them that we didn't owe the state at all but they wouldn't listen. I just kept sending them copies of pay stubs, bank statements and filling out a form of our monthly expenses. I did this every 4 months.

Every time I called to speak to one of my case managers they were never available. They always took a message for them to call me back. In fact, if I didnt call them I really didnt hear from them unless the IRS wanted something new. After they took my case the IRS along with the State of Missouri began to garnish my husband's wages. Twice the IRS took all of my disability check during Nov and Dec. My case managers said they talked to IRS and they werent willing to release the garnishment on my disability.

I took it upon myself and called the Revenue Officer but she was out of the office. I then spoke to her manager and explained the hardship that taking my entire check was putting on our family especially since the IRS and State of Missouri were already getting over 50% of my husband's check. The IRS then released the garnishment on my disability check. My husband and I were in worse shape after hiring Wall & Associates. Eventually we quit paying them because we werent seeing any results. We hired them because they came out to our house after we responded to a letter they wrote us. A gentlemen came out and said our case might be a little difficult but that's what they do is work on difficult cases. He said the IRS would take our home, seize our bank account, garnish our wages etc.

We were scared and I have cancer going through treatment. After we stop paying them we received a letter that stated they were no longer working on our case. We then hired someone else and within 5 weeks of working on our case they got the State of Missouri debt wiped out because we didnt owe it in the first place and the State of Missouri garnishment released. If Wall and Associates had of listened to us the garnishment would of never taken place. Therefore, Wall and Associates cost us $3,000.

We weren't able to get a refund because we owed the IRS so IRS got that money. We feel like Wall & ASSOCIATES took advantage of us because we were so stressed and worried about what they said the IRS would and could do. We never got any results from Wall & Associates and we just dont want anyone else to be taken advantage of. We asked for a partial refund and it was denied because they said they did a lot of work on this case. If they did so much work then why didnt we see any results. Since Wall and Associates used scare tactics about the IRS we feel that we were scammed and that as long as we were paying them we got nothing but lip service. We feel they should be investigated.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for your experience, but unfortunately after reviewing your case a refund was not an option. Several individuals within our company reviewed this and the opinion was unanimous. An immense amount of work had taken place in regards to addressing the multiple sources of liability present on your account. Our office encourages you to review the 11 page case summary our office provided regarding the actions on your case.

Additionally, despite the work that transpired our office agreed to work with you in regards to our fees on two separate occasions. We stand behind the work we performed and unfortunately are unable to grant a refund.

Should you have further questions or concerns we encourage you to contact us (800) 989-5911.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Over 8 months ago, they took $3800 from us upfront and $350 a month since, yet no account of what they are doing or where the case is at. When called they just say, "we are still looking into it". I feel this is unethical and extremely suspicious.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

After dealing with Wall & Associates for almost two years to settle my tax problems with no avail I decided to take my tax issues on my own. Within a month and a half I was able to settle my tax issues and obtain an abatement. I'm so sorry I didn't do this from the beginning. I paid them 3000.00 dollars to start the case and 350.00 a month afterward but once I start complaining they gave me three month free. During that time they said they were still working on the case, however after being so frustrated I decided to make some calls on my own and got everything settled within a month and a half and received about 4000.00 back. I feel like I just wasted my money.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for you experience. At the time you ended services it appears that our office was awaiting a substitute return, filed by North Carolina, to be reviewed based on the fact that you submitted an original return. In the event you want to speak with someone to address your concerns at length we do request you give us a call.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Wall and Associates did what they said they would do, reduce my tax burden to the IRS. Their help took my debt from $119,000 to just over $12,000. They earned their money. Over half the money I owed the IRS was penalties and interest. They gave me a second chance to succeed when I had given up on ever escaping that crushing debt.

Wall & Associates response

It was a please working with you. We appreciate you putting your trust in us to get your tax matters resolved. Do not hesitate to contact our office in the future if you need our assistance.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Tax debt relief - They are crooks and liars. I wanted my money back immediately and they refused. I don't need their services. I fired them and they still won't give me my money back. They delay and delay. Don't use them.

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for your experience. Our office is pleased that we were able to come to an amicable settlement in relation to your concerns. Should you need anything further please contact our office at 800-989-5911.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I cannot begin to describe my experience with Wall & Associates. I have been paying them for 8 years with no end in sight. They ask for documents that they claim the IRS is requesting, then a couple of months later, they want something else, and this goes on and on. Next step is BBB and news stations which I should have done years ago. Stay away from this company.

Update: 6/14/2018

In September I left a review about my terrible experience with Wall and Associates. I was contacted and after a month or so, they claimed they resolved my issues. It is now Mid June and it is not resolved at all. They told me I would hear from the IRS within 30 days and that was a few months ago, and I am still paying $400 per month and all they say is they are waiting from the IRS too, but if they are still waiting, why am I still paying $400 per month and they are doing nothing?

Wall & Associates response

Our office apologizes for your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to discuss any concerns that you have and working with us in achieving an amicable resolution to those concerns. Should you need anything in the future we can be reached at 800-989-5911.

Wall & Associates expert review by Andrew Poulos

Wall & Associates is one of the country's oldest debt relief companies. The company is headquartered in Fairfax, VA.

• Customer service options: Wall & Associates offers customers a variety of customer service options, including live online chat and a toll-free phone number with representatives to provide help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Free consultation offered: Customers interested in tax relief can receive a free 30-minute consultation from tax experts at Wall & Associates.

• Varied services: Wall & Associates handles a variety of tax relief cases, including liens and levies, garnishments, seizures, penalties and more.

• Experience handling tax debt: Wall & Associates has been in business since 1982, which means they have a good deal of experience and an established track record for getting people out of tax debt.

• Certified experts on staff: The company has CPAs and Enrolled Agents on staff to handle client cases, so they are properly certified to handle tax debt with the IRS.

• Best for: Individuals with garnished wages, individuals with a federal tax lien or levy, innocent spouses and business owners with back payroll taxes.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos

Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Wall & Associates Company Information