Call toll free
3.46/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Wall & Associates takes pride in their trustworthiness and hard work to ensure your tax problems are resolved. They will negotiate on your behalf until a reasonable settlement has been reached with the I.R.S. Their authorized to work with taxing authorities in all 50 states.

Don’t handle your tax problems alone. Contact Wall & Associates today for a free, confidential consultation today.

View More View More

114 Wall & Associates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My name is Efrem **. I'm a first time business owner and found myself $80k in debt due to mishandling my tax filing and lack of communication with the IRS. Mrs. Brandi ** and the Wall & Associates team help me to suspend incorrect payments and avoid tax liens from the IRS. The process was slow at first, once I applied myself to help out, I discovered where I was making my mistakes. Brandi and I worked together for quick response and resolution from the IRS. As the result, my tax bill was reduced from $80k to $6k. Thank you Brandi and Wall & Associates for your professional help!

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

They did a great job getting my taxes reduced from over $200000 to $10000. Easy to work with and very professional and courtesy. They did what that said they could do. I would recommend them to anyone who has a tax problem. Thank you Wall & Associates.

Hi David,

We are thrilled that we could be of assistance to you. We also sincerely appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave us a review.

THANK YOU!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Mr. ** was a very patience person with me. He was very professional and he explained everything in detail. He answered all of my questions. Mr. ** gave me plenty of information on how the IRS works and what to expect from them. I was very pleased in how my concerns were met.

Hi Lillian,

Thanks for reaching out and leaving us the review!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Everything went well, all except pricing. Did let interviewer know that I would get back to him. I had told him that I owed around 450000 so he wanted me to come up with 45 thousand which is more than I can come up at the current time. And also I think I may only owe about 375 thousand but if with that I would still be unable to come up with large lump sum. I would at this time need it broken up in monthly payments. Other than that I like everything he said your company is able to do.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I had a great experience with Wall and Associates. In the middle of my negotiations, I was thrown a curveball. I have to especially thank Clarissa ** who went the extra mile to help me. I couldn’t have wished for a better outcome.

Thanks Jody!

Clarissa let us know she enjoyed working with you as well. Thanks for being such a great client - you are a pleasure to work with!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wall & Associates?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

So far, Met ** representative discussed my issues and left him all of my written material, tax returns and such. He described your work and discussed payment plan... I have made timely payments, so far. I know of no progress on Wall’s end yet. I’m being patient now.

Hi Cornelius,

Thanks for the review! We wanted to let you know if you have ANY questions or want to speak with someone, please reach out to us.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We got a little late start, about 15 minutes. The overall experience and knowledge from the agent was very helpful and GREAT. He explained everything to me in detail. I truly respect that and I did not leave there feeling as if I had no clue of what the consultation involved.

Hi Kendra,

Thanks for leaving the review! We take great pride in making sure our team members are able to break down what can sometimes be difficult subjects into understandable pieces. It can get overwhelming to put it mildly.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have only dealt with Allen ** and he is great to work with. He explains everything so that I understand. He does not talk over my head. Bryant just called - one hour ago - to go over some of the question and answers and was very nice on the phone.

Hi Ronald,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out and let us know about you experience. We look forward to working with you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We have been working with Wall & Associates for over 4 yrs. And all we keep getting back is, "We need more information." It goes on every month for a year until the new year comes again. And then here we go again with the new tax return! Ok at some point something has to be resolved! Different representatives keep taking up our case and we start all over again. 4 yrs, 4 yrs ok. At 400.00 a month. I can see where we are at your mercy, and require your help but come on, is there light at the end of this tunnel.

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. At the moment it looks like we've been requesting a bunch of financial information since October of 2018 and haven't received anything.

I'm going to have the caseworker assigned to your case reach out to you via phone and see what can be arranged to help you get us the information we need to resolve your case.

In the event you want to immediately speak with someone give us a call.

Resolution response: Jan. 22, 2019

I am updating this review to 3 stars and marking resolved. Regardless of the review I am happy I got a response and the folks at W&A are willing to clarify and help resolve issues.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I met with one of their sales rep in Pittsburg late last year. I went with a friend (let's call him/her "Person A") who also had some issues to be resolved which was great because we would go into this with two perspectives and ensure we do not make false judgments. After meeting with what I would consider to be their salesperson, I explained my situation and he quoted me $5,000 and $500/mo. He quoted my friend double because he was filing jointly with his wife. He mentioned to me that my current IRS tax payments would stop immediately once I retained their services. Personally, this was a good deal for me because I had saved up the money to hire an attorney for 2 years and if the IRS payments would stop immediately (which is @ $500 per month), then I would not incur any additional costs to retain them as those would cancel out. I had explain this was very important to me.

That said, I had pre-paid a month of service and week later noticed the IRS was still taking money out of my account. After bringing this to the attention of my representative at the firm, she mentioned that she could have the IRS switch the payment method to paper so it would come in the mail and I could simply not pay it. This was not the answer I was expecting and I feel duped. If I was told the automatic payments would stop, I shouldn't be offered the alternative of switching to paper and not paying after the fact. This is false advertising.

After consulting with person A, I had learned that the firm was willing to discount $1k of the initial $5k fee if the customer provided all of their tax records. This was upsetting because I had actually provided them with a full collection of my tax records, in digital format. Including Wage and Earning Statements, Account Transcripts, 1040s, Bank Accounts, you name it. Feeling duped again as no one has reached out about this to me. Seems like they are not leveling the playing field when it comes to how they sell to clients.

Now that the government has been closed almost a month and my next monthly fee is due soon, I had called my representative mid-Jan and asked what the status was since, the government was closed. According to my accountant, no one is picking up the phone at the IRS. I asked if there was no traction because the government is closed, could we pause the service and the monthly fee until it reopens. Especially that I am still paying the IRS and that has not been resolved yet. She mentioned that they could just work on my state returns and proceeded to mail me a copy of state power of attorneys. So my question is, why wait until I have to call to request this in order to proceed with the case? What did they do the 20 days the government has already been shut down. I am feeling duped yet another time.

Now, I will admit I am a little biased. I am currently filing a grievance with the NY Bar against an attorney who represented me in a landlord case. He threatened to sue me 3 times after I wouldn't pay an error on a bill weeks later, after I had already paid the bill. He tried to charge me $400 more for that month because they "forgot" to enter some hours in the system. Luckily for me I am a contractor and read them thoroughly and learned that his billing was in breach of his own contract.

Sorry for the lengthy review but I am not feeling very confident in the abilities of this firm. I would suggest, as many of you have, the following: If possible, avoid firms. If you must use one, keep all communication to email. Do not sign anything unless you first receive a copy of it by email and never, ever agree to anything you are not sure about by phone. If you can, avoid phone calls altogether unless absolutely necessary. Never sign anything unless you have at least one friend read it with you as well. I can't express how important this is.

When possible, bring a decoy to meet with an attorney before you sign up. Having a friend with me was a good decision because we could compare our experiences and really understand whether we are being duped or the service is legit. Person A went with a one lawyer firm as more of an intimate and local relationship was preferred. Review the lawyer who will be representing you. If you go with a firm get the name of the attorney who will be representing you before you sign anything. As you read through the reviews at the very minimum keep in mind one thing, if the lawyer has stellar reviews, walk away it's not realistic. I have noticed that many lawyers are more worried about their reviews than the quality of service they actually provide their customers.

I don't mean to demonize lawyers, not all are bad and there are some really great ones out there. Hope this helps anyone looking to get their financial life back on track. P.S. One last thing...I am reviewing Wall & Associates, but the email addresses of my team are all **. Very confusing and someone at the firm should clarify this.

Hi Raymond,

We've requested your caseworker reach out to you to go over your case with you directly.

To clarify a few points. Our office does not offer clients the discount you describe. The initial fee is the initial fee. Our office does negotiate the amount of the initial fee relative to the required ongoing monthly fee with clients to help them better afford our services

Our office had previously sent you state Power of Attorney forms in November 2018 but they had yet to be returned to our office. Our office requested them on the 15th because we still needed them back from you.

Prior to your communication with us on the 15th our office used the intervening time during the shutdown to update your financial statement with information you had provided to us previously.

If you want to speak with a member of our office for immediate assistance please feel free to reach out to us at 800-989-5911. Otherwise, expect a call from our office shortly.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We have had a tax problem due to lack of money. We got so far behind that there has been many sleepless nights. One day my husband decided to find someone that could help us get this problem under control and maybe see the light at the end of the tunnel. The phone call was made and we went to meet with a representative. Leaving the office we felt as if we had made a good step forward with relief in the future. Since we have been working on the problems, all of the Associates we are in contact with helping us understand that the problem didn't happen in a day and we will have the issues solved, but it will take time. We are assured that everyone is working hard to help resolve all the matters and one day we will be able to keep all the taxes up and sleep at night.

This company has made us feel we are not just a name, but we are important to them and they are working hard to help us. My point is through this until we became involved with Wall & Associates we felt as if we never would be able to have peace of mind back or a normal life. Let me say I will never be able to tell them just how much we appreciate them and all that they are doing for us. Anyone that would need this kind of help, I urge you to call them and set in a meeting with them, let them explain things they are they are way more experienced with.

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your kind words. We all look forward to getting this resolved for you! If you ever have a question, comment, or want to let us know something don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I hired them 6 months ago. I paid $2500 and $400 monthly. Not a thing has been done yet. I was told my case will take 4 to 6 months top. Six months later, they sent me a letter requesting my authorization to power of attorney. I deeply regret hiring them. I am convinced now that I've been scammed.

Hi Aziz,

Our office will routinely ask for updated Power of Attorney forms as necessary in working toward a resolution to a particular case.

I have requested your case team and our Client Services Group contact you to discuss any concerns you might have regarding our tax representation services.

If you need immediate assistance please reach out to us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I have been paying Wall and Associates a monthly fee now for over half a year to resolve a tax error made by my State. There has been no resolution and no timeline. I am still receiving letters from creditors despite W&A's insisting that they are now officially my POC for collection from the State. As far as I can tell, they have not blatantly lied to me, but I wonder if I have made a mistake in trusting them. After a little research I have learned that there is a lawsuit filed against them by the State of Virginia for misrepresenting their abilities to customers. I highly recommend that if you are considering their services, that you seek an actual lawyer instead. You will pay about the same in the end, and you may actually receive results, rather than bills and excuses.

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us and let us know of your concerns. Someone from our office will be following up with you very shortly.

If you need immediate assistance please reach out to us.

Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

So far things seem to be getting underway. We have only just gotten started so right now I’m excited about getting a settlement done waiting to get the program going. I’m hoping things go well. I've worked with one other company that made promises and all they did was set me up with a payment plan, I understand that Wall and Associates don’t do that so I’m expecting great things.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We entered into a contract with a Wall and Associates to have professional help in lowering our tax liability on $50,000 in back taxes owed to the IRS. After paying $2,500 down and 16 months of $350.00 payments we ended our contact with them. At the Of termination they still had the incorrect Social Security number for my spouse and I ( they had them reversed). We had a Federal lien on our home pending and there was no resolution in sight. They assign you to a Team of specialist (not lawyers) who are supposed to work for you... At termination OUR Team had changed several times and at the end we had no idea who OUR CURRENT TEAM WAS.

We were led to believe they had an office local to us which was actually only an office they say to have your initial consultation and to sign your contract. We live in Ohio and the Company is in Virginia. Communication is either by phone, e-mail or “snail mail” and faxes. The one time we asked for a personal face to face we were told that this would cost an additional amount of money because the only face to face is initially. We also over the 17 months repeatedly informed them that they had the SS# reversed.

They would mail new documents and I would fax back the corrected information (3 times) and still was not corrected. They also asked for the same documents and information repeatedly (bank statements, income verification and financial disclosures etc) which would re-fax along with the updates (40 plus pages at a time which gets to be expensive if you don’t have personal faxing). Several times we were given incorrect fax number. It wasn’t OUR Team’s fax # so we would pay to return-fax again.

The one and only offer we were given was to Pay the IRS $800 a month (the interest would continue to build till the back taxes were paid and remain current in all new tax years. If we failed to do so then the “agreement" would have been nullified and all penalties would be re-instated. We did not agreed to this because we knew we would not be able to maintain such an agreement. (We can’t even afford to buy Health Insurance for my husband (self -employed) and I receive SSD so we knew we could not afford $800.00 a month).

At termination we were no further ahead than when we entered into contract. Actually we were worse off because the $8,000 plus we paid to this company could have been paid to the IRS instead. Or we could have used The $ 350.00 Monthly fee and bought some type form of Health Ins for my husband. Another error on Our Part is in not reading all the fine print in the contract. Which states that Wall and Associates are not obligated to show documentation on how the money you pay them is Spent. This we discovered when we requested a itemized bill.

***One final IMPORTANT NOTE there is a Current Federal Lawsuit against Wall and Associates by The Commonwealth of Virginia (the state where this company is located) in September of 2017. This Lawsuit was brought against this company due to misrepresentation to the people they contract with listing many of the issues I have in my review. (Google it.) Yet at the date of this review they are still in Business.

We will be contacting the Commonwealth of Virginia in regards to their Federal Lawsuit. With any luck maybe someday we will be compensated a few pennies on the dollar for Our Losses to Wall and Associates. Which will probably be a long time in coming as Wall and Associates fights this Lawsuit, more than likely using the money they are getting from other misinformed consumers “ suckers” such as us. (Pardon Any typo or grammatical errors, please).

Hi Valerie.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Our office doesn't utilize line-item billing so we are incapable of providing anyone the type of information you requested. Our monthly fee covers all case aspects and all required work so it would be counterproductive to have two different types of billing systems in place.

We can't provide this information because we do not have it. In the event we can be of further assistance you need only reach out to our office at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Went for a consultation. Was very impressed. Headache free so I decided to let Wall & Associates handle my tax affairs and help me get back on track and my life in order. I now can see light at the end of the tunnel!!

Hi Lyndell,

Thanks for choosing us for your needs. We look forward to helping you put your tax concerns behind you. Should you require anything please feel free to reach out to our office or at (800) 989-5911.

Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was very happy talking with y'all. The professional I meet with was very nice and courteous, very professional talking with me about my problem and ways he could possibly help. My only drawback right now is the cost of your services but y'all are very high on my list.

Hi Chris,

We appreciate your kind words. We'll be here if you need us. If you have questions please don't hesitate to reach back out and ask them.

Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Updated on 12/07/2018: So Wall and Associates responded to my comment and review with a common saying if your car had transmission troubles you wouldn't replace your own transmission. It would take someone with experience but at least if my car had transmission troubles and I took it to a transmission shop they would fix the problem. They would not keep the car for years and make you pay every month and not fix it. So for them to compare my case with a car transmission should just go to show you what kind of company they are.

I don't think I have anything more to say besides they are scammers and they know it and you will too if you deal with them. Save your money. If these guys were a transmission shop they would still have my car with no transmission telling me they're waiting on the parts. If you don't believe me and all the other people that have wrote a review go ahead and deal with them and you can add to this list a reviews when you're done with them and out thousands of dollars.

Original Review: Wall and Associates is a scam. They promise you the world and deliver nothing all. The bad reviews that you read about these guys are true. It is the same story I have that we all have. They make it look like it was your fault that they did not get something done. I had got a letter from the IRS saying that Wall and Associates had an unauthorized third party to show up to my phone conference. I asked Wall and Associates about that. They didn't really have anything to say. I talk to the IRS about Wall and Associates.

The IRS says there is not a company out there that can do anything that you can't do yourself. They are required to take the same steps as you. They have no power or a magic wand to demolish your tax debt. Save your money. Get on the payment plan with the IRS and they will leave you alone as long as you make your payment. These people are a complete joke and they know it. I don't know how they get away with doing what they do but if you use Wall and Associates you will get scammed.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our office via ConsumerAffairs. If you want to speak with someone at our office regarding your concerns feel free to call us at (800) 989-5911.

You're right. The work our office performs can be performed by any individual working on behalf of themselves. To give another example - any individual can also replace their own vehicle's transmission. The catch is that experience comes into play and just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you have the knowledge and experience to do so correctly. It's the same way with the IRS and they use this lack of knowledge to their benefit.

Payment plans are valuable tools with the IRS and they serve their own particular function. The catch that the IRS won't tell you is that interest, penalties, and then penalties-on-interest continue to increase your balance as you work to pay it off. We've seen cases where people will never pay off a balance because the interest is generating faster than their payments are paying it down. Sure - the IRS will leave you alone - but you'll never be clear of the debt.

Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My initial contact with the intake coordinator Jalesha was great. She made me feel at ease although this is a difficult situation for me. I enjoyed meeting with Brian ** the "sales-arm" of the case management team. However given the magnitude of my situation, I really needed to speak with an attorney, even though I realize the company isn't set up that way and I got the impression the attorney's may have come in on the back end.

Hi Valerie,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. Brian is a great guy with a ton of experience in reviewing tax representation cases and no doubt he went over everything in detail.

We're all about providing honest information and we do want to let you know our office doesn't employ tax attorneys. Our office consists of Enrolled Agents and Certified Public Accounts who have a lot of experience arguing cases before the IRS and they're more than capable of taking care of your needs, but we don't have any tax attorneys on staff.

Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

When I received a letter from Wall & Associates, I knew they were the real deal because of the points they outlined in their letter. We had made every one of those mistakes when dealings with the IRS. The IRS specializes in NOT giving you all of the information you need. If you do not know to ask a specific question, they do not volunteer it. If you haven’t already figured it out, the IRS is not interested in cutting you a deal. All they care about is making sure you pay their exorbitant interest and fees, knowing you will sooner or later default because there is no way to actually pay off what you owe unless you win the lottery. When you default on their agreement, this is when life becomes a living hell because they turn up the heat.

After having our face-to-face meeting with Greg from Wall & Associates, I knew we were in safe, capable hands. INTEGRITY is everything to me and Wall & Associates have it in droves! They kept it real with us and told us about all of our available options. They told us all of the scenarios… the good, the bad, the ugly. They didn’t require $1,000 retainer like the other firms you hear advertising on radio and TV. They are not scammers! The initial outlay is on them. They give you FREE time, without cost to you, to have a sit-down to fully go through your situation in its entirety. Their fees are not onerous because they work out a plan that you can handle, while they haggle with the IRS on your behalf. The best part of it, while they’re fighting for you, no more hassles from the IRS. No more letters, phone calls, etc.

I would not and cannot recommend any other firm except WALL & ASSOCIATES. THEY SHOULD BE YOUR ONLY CALL, but don't take my word for it. Get a face-to-face consult for yourself and you will see what I’m talking about. When I think of Wall & Associates, only TWO WORDS comes to mind. INTEGRITY and PEACE! Integrity because they do what they say they’re going to do. They are dependable. Peace, because your life becomes peaceful when you let them represent you. They are the only one I recommend to everyone. I am so glad to have found Wall & Associates, I can’t say it enough. If you want REAL results without the hassles and the nickel and diming that other companies do, call Wall & Associates today and Chris will hook you up **. You will not regret it!

Resolution response: Nov. 1, 2018

Company resolved and Jenna is handling very professionally I wish to remove my review

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Hi. I met a James ** in Philadelphia, and he represented himself as an accountant, not a "salesperson." I would have never used this company... Now I have paid them over 6000.00 and all they contact me for is my payments, no contact on my case and nothing but aggravation. I am a professional needing help and I could have used this funds for an accountant with real care and credentials to help. I will be reporting this to the state AG and file a formal complaint at this time. Horrible service and all they care for is the money. Total scam. Sorry.

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Your case manager was instructed to reach out and speak with you.

In the event you have further questions in the future we would like to invite you to reach out to us at (800) 989-5911 for immediate assistance.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I initially contacted Wall & Assoc back in the fall of 2013. I was in desperate need of their help. I owed on 5 years of back taxes. Approx $16,000 not a lot by many standards. It was a long process and many offer in compromises were made. The team at Wall & Assoc stuck with it and finally in the summer of 2018 the IRS accepted my offer to them and it was a fraction of the total left to be paid. Thank you Wall & Assoc, I am glad I contact your firm to help me and I would recommend you to anyone who might need your help, like I did.

Hey Marc,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and let us know about your experience. Thanks for sticking with us and letting us handle your tax matter. In the event we can be of any further assistance you need only let us know.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Wall & Associates negotiated a $34,000 tax bill, resulting from job loss, divorce, interest & penalty. Negotiated offer in compromise: only $4000.00! I highly recommend the &expertise of this firm! I had actually paid $34,000, the principal amount, over 6 years, and still owed $34,000 due to interest & penalty charged by IRS. I’m 67, need to retire, & this reduction will now allow me to do that!

Hey Beverly,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and let us know about your experience in working with us. We are thankful that you chose us and thrilled that we were able to be of assistance to you!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

All associates of Wall and Associates are very helpful and knowledgeable with tax issue. All details they handled it seriously in order to resolve tax issues. My case is still in working progress, so far initial handling of my case is going well.

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the feedback. In the event you ever have any questions regarding your case please don't hesitate to reach out. Your case team will keep you apprised of what events are happening and what to expect!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

The rep was friendly and professional and shared with me and a businesslike way the options that I have with you and with the IRS. The reason I did not go with you is because I did not have $1500 in the bank. If I could’ve broken up the payments into maybe for payments of 500 I might’ve done it.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. Our options regarding the payment of initial fees are always changing to be more inclusive. Check back with us and we may be able to accommodate your needs.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I am only giving W&A one star because I can't give them a zero. My husband fell for their scam after meeting with a salesman in a rented office in Grand Rapids, MI. After his pitch we gave them $2,500 and $400/month for them to work on our case. Needless to say, we never saw the salesman again and we have only been able to speak to a "tax specialist" on the phone once after almost a year of phone tag. The only good thing I can say about them is they when we received a letter asking for more money it was on nice paper. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, MONEY OR SANITY ON THIS COMPANY!!!

Hi Tomie,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. In the event you want to speak with someone about it please don't hesitate to reach out to us at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been paying for over 18mo for assistance on clearing my name of a debt to the IRS that isn’t even mine. They ask me for the same items over and over again. They tell me month after month we will have results soon. I am not very satisfied with the entire ordeal. I wouldn’t recommend them to another person.

Wall & Associates response

We're sorry for your experience. In reviewing your account it does appear that we were recently able to work a partial result with the IRS saving you close to $80,000.

I've instructed your case team to provide you an update regarding the current status of your account. If we can be of further assistance please contact our office at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We hired Wall & Associates to help us with our tax situation. Not only did we have to constantly contact them to get anything accomplished, but in the end, there was no benefit to us. We found our own source to pay off the debt and they just took our money.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. We apologize for your experience. It does appear that our office is working to request the IRS remove penalties associated with some of your balances.

Unfortunately, as you are aware, we can make no guarantees that our efforts will result in a ultimate reduction to your tax liability. We do try as hard as we can to make that a reality, but sometimes that isn't possible.

If you would like to speak with someone regarding your case, outside of your case team, I encourage you to call our service line at (800) 989-5911. Someone within that department will be more than willing to review your case in detail and speak with you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Wall & Associates Inc. are exactly what they say, Tax Specialist. I was in a challenging Tax situation, owing back taxes to both the State and Federal Government. Wall & Associates became my representative and immediately went into action to assist me from wage garnishments, levies and liens, relieving a ton of stress and anxiety. Wall & Associates kept me informed on the process, worked with the State for me, and were able to get an Offer in Compromise with the Federal Government, which was incredible! I Highly recommend Wall & Associates with any Tax needs, and I appreciate everything they have done for me!

HI Thomas,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We sincerely appreciate it.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was first introduced to Wall & Associates by a friend who knew their representative in Dallas. We met in a rented single-room office in January of 2013. After hearing his pitch, I felt good enough to give them a $6,500 downpayment and agreed to pay $350/month until the case was resolved. When they requested information from me, I usually got it to them within two weeks (at the outside). Over the years, it typically took them about six months to fill out the forms (433 and 656A) that take me about 6 hours when I do it myself.

The only thing they were prompt about was dinging my bank account every month for $350. They always said that the offer should be $1, and that they could adjust the amount in negotiations after the offer was rejected. THERE WERE NEVER ANY NEGOTIATIONS!!! Yet they recommended doing the same thing over and over. Remember Einstein’s definition of insanity? Things came to a head when, in June 2016, after paying them over $20,000 in total, they were sent a request for additional information, which they forwarded to me. I got them the information well ahead of the IRS deadline. But they failed to file it by the IRS deadline (which even got extended once).

I received a letter from the IRS, notifying me that the offer was closed without being considered. When I spoke to the agent, She told me that the offer was closed because the deadline was July 22nd, and they did not receive the information until August 2nd. I guess W&A felt guilty, because they offered to represent me for free through the next filing. So I didn’t fire them then. But it was always the same – offer $1, we’ll fix it in negotiations, then there were never negotiations. Finally they tried charging me again. I had learned from my insanity, and fired them. A Wall & Associates representative insisted they had done nothing wrong, which contradicted what the IRS agent told me. Sadly, at this point, I am more inclined to believe the IRS than these “attorneys,” whom I believe to be money-grubbing liars.

Hi William,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. As you are fully aware our office agreed to work with you on the monthly fees payable to our office because it was the right thing to do. We wanted to make sure your tax matter was addressed and that it would ultimately prove to be a cost benefit for you.

Afterward our office did send in another IRS offer. This offer was subsequently closed due to your failure to timely file an IRS Form 1040 or extension by the April 2018 deadline. Per the terms of our discussions with you, monthly billing was due to resume after our office had worked an additional offer. When we contacted you to re-establish the agreed to monthly fees you subsequently ended services with us and did not allow us to address your tax matter further.

Wall & Associates expert review by Andrew Poulos

Wall & Associates is one of the country's oldest debt relief companies. The company is headquartered in Fairfax, VA.

• Customer service options: Wall & Associates offers customers a variety of customer service options, including live online chat and a toll-free phone number with representatives to provide help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Free consultation offered: Customers interested in tax relief can receive a free 30-minute consultation from tax experts at Wall & Associates.

• Varied services: Wall & Associates handles a variety of tax relief cases, including liens and levies, garnishments, seizures, penalties and more.

• Experience handling tax debt: Wall & Associates has been in business since 1982, which means they have a good deal of experience and an established track record for getting people out of tax debt.

• Certified experts on staff: The company has CPAs and Enrolled Agents on staff to handle client cases, so they are properly certified to handle tax debt with the IRS.

• Best for: Individuals with garnished wages, individuals with a federal tax lien or levy, innocent spouses and business owners with back payroll taxes.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Wall & Associates Company Information