toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was a Wall & Associates customer with over $100,000 in back taxes. They resolved my case for just $1. I was very happy with their service and highly recommend them. Be patient with the process, the IRS is in no hurry to settle your case.

I cannot begin to describe my experience with Wall & Associates. I have been paying them for 8 years with no end in sight. They ask for documents that they claim the IRS is requesting, then a couple of months later, they want something else, and this goes on and on. Next step is BBB and news stations which I should have done years ago. Stay away from this company.

Wall & Associates

Our office apologizes for your experience. As you state our office did make several attempts at working through an offer in compromise with you. When your case was assigned to us your balance owed was $43,688 not $29,000. Additionally, our office did maintain communication with the IRS.

We want to work with you and address any concerns you may have. If you want to discuss specific matters related to your please give us a call at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I hired Wall & Associates in 2010 to help me deal with a tax lien. I was desperate and had no luck trying to deal with the IRS myself. I paid Wall & Associates $400 a month for 6 years - that's $24,000, then $300 a month for another year ($3,600). The reason the monthly fee was reduced was because they screwed up and missed a deadline, causing the last offer in compromise to be tossed out by the IRS and it had to be refiled. I requested a decrease in their fees.

They act like they're doing something for you but months (and years) can go by and they're doing nothing, not even talking to the IRS. When they submitted the offers to the IRS (apparently they only made 3 attempts in 7 years) the information sent to the IRS was sparse, inaccurate and ultimately rejected by the IRS. They gave me advice on how to have the next offer accepted. I did all of those things (and more) and still they could not get a compromise approved by the IRS.

This spring I reached a level of frustration because they couldn't get any action from the IRS and I needed a decision because I could FINALLY refinance a house and pay the tax lien. The offer had been submitted in December 2016 and the IRS was still kicking it around in June 2017. They have zero influence there. So after 7 years I'm out about $27,000. My tax bill was only $29,000 so by this time I could have paid the IRS off at $400 a month.

Here's the real kicker. After paying $27,000 to Wall, my tax bill (with interest and penalties) is now up to $45,000. Those delays from both Wall and the IRS added up. So, I'm out $72,000 over what was a $29,000 tax bill. When I terminated my relationship with them I asked how they would compensate me for this total waste of money - no response. Customer Service never called back. If Wall & Associates didn't think they could help me, they shouldn't have accepted me as a client. I called my Senator's office for help with the IRS and they flat out told me I should have called them for help earlier and these types of companies just rip you off. They sure did. I would not recommend their services to anyone. You need help with the IRS? Call your Senator's office. They'll help for free.

Wall & Associates

We're sorry for your negative experience. Our office has a proven track record when it comes to representing clients before the IRS and state taxing authorities. We further apologize that you are dissatisfied with our billing arrangement. Our office feels that the fee structure we have implemented ensures our clients get the representation they deserve at a price that is both fair to us and affordable to them. Should you want to speak with someone to address any questions or concerns you have give us a call at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I signed up on here just to leave a review. I went with Wall and Associates because of this website. Check out their review on the Better Business Bureau website. It is a D rating and they have a ton of complaints. This company is a scam and someone to watch out for with help on past due taxes. They just take your money and take their time and do not do their jobs. Do yourself a favor and search on BBB for the best ratings and find someone in your state to help you as each state has different laws on taxes. This company took $6700 of our money since December 2016 to August 2017. We finally fired them and found a local tax attorney that will handle our case by the hour not on a ridiculous monthly contract and initial deposit fee. Ask around and do your research if you value your money and time.

I was drowning in tax debt. Didn't know which way I was going. Then Wall and Associates took my case and now I can breathe easier. Definitely recommend Wall and Associates for those that are searching for relief and need help. Thousands of dollars reduced to $1. Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Wall & Associates

We're sorry for your experience. Someone from our Client Services Group will be reaching out to you to address any concerns you have in relation to your case with us.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I have been with them since 2013 (Wall & Associates) and I have paid over $21,600 of my hard earned dollars. $400 a month. They telling me as of today that I might have to pay the IRS 10,000 dollars and I just owed $12,500. Do the math. That's a total of $31,000 dollars. They are ripping me off and others off! I wish I have talked to the IRS myself, with penalties I still will not have to pay $31,000. If my 403b is a issue should they told me at the 2 year mark and let me know to go had and pay Uncle Sam!!! My next stop is the BBB, and 12 On Your Side!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wall & Associates ?

We invested in a genetic breeding cattle company, Hoyt & Sons, located in Oregon and California in 1985. After ten years of dealing with IRS they claimed this company was a tax shelter and therefore illegal. In 1996 we contacted Wall and Associates for help. They responded very positively and worked diligently with us and IRS. After 15 years a settlement was made. In summary the IRS took all of our IRA account. At one time the IRS said we owed over $495,000. Our settlement with Wall and Associates was $178,000. Well pleased with all Wall associates who dealt with us openly and we were pleased with their efforts on our behalf.

I was faced with what seemed to be an impossible situation with the IRS. After hiring one company that took me for thousands of dollars and did absolutely nothing, I decided to call Wall & Associates. The outcome was simply nothing less than amazing. They resolved my situation with the IRS. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I highly recommend them for anyone with an IRS situation. Outstanding...

Wall & Associates

We're sorry for your negative experience. In reviewing your case it does appear that our office worked with you on several occasions in adjusting the monthly fees that you agreed to pay as part of our representation services. Our office wants to help address any furthers questions or concerns you have regarding your case and encourage you to give us a call at (800) 989 - 5911.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Wall and Associates has no screening process in place to ascertain whether or not they can help any of the clients who agree to pay them. Anyone who is as unfortunate and foolish as I was will find this out several months into paying them. I signed a contract with Wall and Associates in August of 2015. I owed the federal government roughly $7000. I ended up paying Wall and Associates $7600. They literally mailed two letters and made two phone calls to the IRS for me, nothing more. I ended up losing nearly $8000. I still owe the IRS every cent that I ever did.

They use a tactic of passing their clients off to different points of contact throughout their office personnel. This is a way of subverting continuity and keeping the client in a position to hear a fresh voice reassuring them that the case is being worked on and that their hard earned money is going towards a practical purpose. It is not. It is highway robbery and it should be illegal.

During the entire length of my contract with this so called firm, I continuously expressed concerns that the tab was adding up to be what I originally owed the IRS. I began requesting weekly conference calls, weekly emails, and some type of charting that would show a linear progression as to what this company had done for me. I was constantly dodged. I was constantly put on hold and told no one on my case team was available when I called. And when I did finally reach a client services representative or my case team manager, it would be someone new that I hadn't talked to before. They would assure me that the whole purpose of their business was to make sure that you didn't pay them more than you originally owed the IRS. I foolishly assumed that if all else failed they would at least return my money to me.

When I finally requested my money back, after I had spoken to the IRS directly, I was told that because considerations had been previously made for me and that the case team had spent so much time working on my case I would not be receiving a refund. They had froze my billing on two different occasions due to my complaints. These were the considerations they were referring to (even though I still paid them more money than I actually owed the IRS). And as far as all of the supposed time they spent on me, the IRS had very little correspondence from them.

This company is a fraud. They have absolutely no ethics and engage in negligent and borderline criminal business practices. I am most interested in speaking to anybody who finds this information valuable and validating all of my grievances. I'm interested in talking to anybody else who reads this post and has had similar experiences. I would like to know if any legal measures have been previously taken against this firm and where they stand.

Wall & Associates

We're pleased we were able to be of assistance. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require anything in the future.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Walls did a great job with helping me sort through my IRS debt! Stopped the IRS from collecting money and kept me informed through the whole process. I would recommend them to anyone that owes back taxes. I made a mistake and did not catch it until it was too late. They helped me through the process and gave me a peace of mind again.

I have found Wall & Associates to be an excellent tax firm with kind, compassionate, understanding, staff with the kind of expertise need for tax matters. They work in teams and I was blessed to get the tops. Need tax help, look no further.

Everyone's situation is unique and yet similar, we all owe the IRS (in my case) more money than we have or can pay. Having called around when confronted with my IRS issue, I contacted Wall & Associates I believe through a mailer I received. I met with an attorney and felt comfortable in moving forward. It was the best decision I made. I had over $23,000 reduced to less than $500 by the time it was all finished. Wall & Associates also helped with any questions I had along the way and assisted when the IRS passed my file to 3 different offices and constant sending me letters of demand. I just turned everything over to them and I did not have to deal with it. Very comforting. I have recommended Wall & Associates to others and will continue to mention them when I am asked about an IRS Attorney.

Thanks to everyone at Wall and Associates for all of your hard work and positive attitude. You helped me to reduce my tax bill from over $60K to $325. It feels so good to have that burden lifted. I would recommend your services to anyone who found themselves in this dilemma.

I had a tax lady to lose 2 years of my taxes. The I.R.S. was hounding me to death because I hadn't filed. She finally found them and I ended up owing the I.R.S. over $80,000 dollars in taxes and penalties. I contacted Wall and Associates. They sent a very nice gentleman to my home. The I.R.S. letters and bank levies suddenly stopped. I was so relieved. The final payoff was less than $7,000 dollars. Look at what they saved me. I'm sure they can do the same for you. They are a friendly group of people. Very professional. They know the tax laws and were in constant contact with the I.R.S. on my behalf. I could have lost my home and everything I own. I would recommend Wall and Associates to anyone.

I hired Wall and Associates after I received a notice from the IRS that I owed over 300K in back taxes. I hired Wall and Associates to help me resolve this matter. It is never an easy matter dealing with something of this magnitude and emotions tended to run high at times. I say that because throughout the process Wall and Associates provided me with a professional yet compassionate attitude, and accurate information even when it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

It was not cheap but in the end I saved a great deal of money and anguish. Wall and Associates went to bat for me and I was impressed with their "bulldog" approach to representing me. I always felt like they had my best interests at heart. If you are looking for a service like this I would recommend Wall and Associates. They are not cheap but I have no problem paying for excellent service. Well done Wall and Associates.

My name is Mary ** and I am client of Wall and Associates. Mandy ** was my main case worker. I received my offer and compromise and my case has been closed recently. We settled out for one dollar. The case went on for around a year and a half and was not certain how it was going to end but finally has been completed in my favor. It is a huge relief and nice to have a fresh start. I am very pleased with the service provided for me by Mandi and the entire Wall and Associates company.

Wall & Associates helped us through one of the most difficult situations we ever faced financially! The IRS was threatening us with levies even though we never missed a payment! W&A protected our income, bank accounts, and stopped the harassment! Thank you Wall & Associates for helping us get our quality of life back, we are forever grateful and will continue to recommend your services!

Helped take away stress. I worked with Jessica ** out of Virginia, whom I'd highly recommend! She understood what the auditors wanted and worked with me quickly to provide that information. She kept me updated, informed, and acted as a liaison. Wish I would have had her fighting for me in beginning!

I have been working with Jessica ** for over a year. She is absolutely fantastic. She is highly professional and always most courteous. She is almost always available by phone, and when not, she will return my calls or emails usually within minutes. I have an unusual case, overseas accounts, and she has bent over backwards in solving my tax problems. She is very patient in explaining the complexities involved. She is obviously a great asset to your company.

My experience with Wall & Assoc. has been nothing but positive. I found myself in a bad tax situation over various years to the tune of 30k. Not knowing what to do and after paying IRS over 27k to only find that my liabilities INCREASED, I contracted Wall & Assoc. To make a long story short, Wall worked diligently and got an offer in compromise accepted for $1.00!!! I could not be happier with the worked they performed.

Wall & Assoc. provided superb support and experience with my case. They responded to every issue that the IRS brought up and through their perseverance brought my case to a very favorable financial conclusion which saved my company and me from future financial problems.

Tax consultant - professional and on task. It took about 30 months to resolve my issue with the IRS but the fault of Wall. The government kept passing our case around, then we had to start from the beginning. Everybody I talked to seemed like good neighbors.

I have been a client of Wall and Associates for approximately 4 years. Jessica ** has worked extremely hard for me. She has gone above and beyond in communicating with me. I am so very grateful to have her involved with my case.

We have had good results with Kelly ** and Wall & Associates. Kelly helped us get the outcome that we were looking for and was always pleasant and helpful. We are so grateful for all of her help and keeping us encouraged that we would reach a conclusion. I would recommend her to anyone.

There are very few words that can be said to express how my brother and I feel about your staff. Your whole team has shown so much dedication to our IRS problem, and have worked feverishly to find a solution that will accommodate us. The professionalism and client relationship is absolutely frank and astonishing. We will never be able to thank you enough for all you have done for us. Thank you for your hard work and devotion to what you do, to help people like us!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 26, 2017

They said that they were going to help us out. They took away the payments, but now it's going to be another probably 6 months before they could fix it. I would recommend them at least for trying to help us out, but now we're going to have to pay still 2% of what they say. We've already paid off one year that they were supposed to help us with.

Original review: April 14, 2017

This is the worst company known to man. Been paying them for 3 years for them to do our 2011 and 2012. We ended up paying all of 2011 off before they could do anything. We are still paying and when you talk to them they pretty much call you a liar. They are just dragging this out for their last penny and then when settled they will want more money so please everyone don't hire this company. Worst company ever. They don't help. They take their time and you pay at the end what you owed the IRS so find a different company than this one. Read all the reviews before hiring them.

Mr. Alex ** and Bryant ** has work very hard to resolve my IRS issues. They have support me 100% over the past 24 months. I am very happy that we are almost at the end of the road. So far if accepted a $250,000.00 dollars IRS claim maybe OIC for under $3,000.00. A*** advice and hard work and leadership in my case is making a big difference, and I value his advice. The team effort was important also. Work hard to get the best OIC was both of these fine men goal and keep me update on all concern and matter was TOP.

My husband and I were faced with a letter from the IRS claiming we owed a huge amount of taxes for a prior year. This was something neither of us have ever had to contend with. Our initial meeting with a financial consultant was helpful and very reassuring. After that, due to the holiday season (right before Thanksgiving), things seem to come to a halt, but we were still paying fees. However, after recontacting the first consultant, we were put in contact with a wonderful man; **. He took the reigns, took total control and everything was on the upswing from that. He was extremely personable, knowledgeable, helpful and effective. He along with ** in the financial dept, were our saving graces in this whole mess. Bottom line; they got it completely cleared up to where we owed $0.00. Thanks ** & **.

Wall & Associates

We appreciate your kind words and you taking the time to share the experience you had with our company.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Having been associated with Wall & Associates since 2004, they have helped mitigate and reduce my Tax bill through the filing of back tax returns, amending of Tax returns and working on my behalf with the IRS to minimize my Tax liability. After the elimination of all my IRS Tax liability, I have used Wall & Associates/Affiliates to do my federal tax returns and have been able to maximized deductions and minimize my federal Tax. I have had no further issues with the IRS and contribute this to Wall & Associates' help.

Wall & Associates

In response to this individual's concerns our office would like to state that we are unable to directly respond due to the fact the individual posting this review is not a client of our office.

It appears the poster is referencing Collection Statute Expiration Dates (CSEDs) in their post. IRS CSEDs are 10 years, not seven.

Our teams are able to discuss confidential tax information only with individuals authorized to receive this type of information on behalf of a client of our office.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Do you know how much my parents have paid Wall and Associates over the last 5 years? Almost $23,000! You know what Wall and Associates has done for them? Nothing. They wait until the 7 years have passed and the taxes have fallen off and then file the wrong information, never return calls. When my parents have called them out on the things they put out wrong (such as saying my Dad is still working though he is about to lose his foot and cannot work) or trying to settle on years that have already fallen off, the lady my mom is working with states a Customer Support person will call them. He calls and listens to my mom's concerns then says "great, I will call you at my earliest convenience". Wait, what? His earliest convenience? When is this going to be settled? Wall hasn't helped my parents solve anything.

They are living Social Security Check to Social Security Check, we are trying to help subsidize groceries for them and Wall just keeps taking their $400 a month. $400 a month could pay my parents groceries. When is someone going to help them and stop taking the elderly for a ride!?! I am so frustrated I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am with this company and the fact no one seems to want to help my parents. The only thing Wall has shown us to be good at so far is taking my parents $400 monthly payment!

Serviced my account very efficient. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Working with the IRS is never an enjoyable experience. However, working with Wall & Associates, made life much easier. So, if you're ever in a difficult situation with tax liabilities, give Wall a call.

Wall & Associates Company Profile