2. Tax Relief

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Wall & Associates takes pride in their trustworthiness and hard work to ensure your tax problems are resolved. They will negotiate on your behalf until a reasonable settlement has been reached with the I.R.S. Their authorized to work with taxing authorities in all 50 states.

Don’t handle your tax problems alone. Contact Wall & Associates today for a free, confidential consultation today.

BOTTOM LINE

Wall & Associates staffs a team of CPAs and financial experts to solve complicated tax issues for their clients. While there is no up-front fee structure, they do offer in-person consultations for a better understanding of your cost.

PROS

• Certified Public Accountants
  • In-person consultation
  • No hidden fees
  • Offices located nationwide

CONS

• No money-back guarantee
  • No up-front fee structure

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

About Wall & Associates

Wall & Associates offers its services as an alternative to hiring a tax attorney. Operating in all 50 states, the tax relief company operates a face-to-face service for those looking for help with an IRS-related problem. Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and other financial experts are on staff to determine the best course of action for your case. Wall & Associates is also a member of The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers and the National Association of Tax Professionals.

Wall & Associates services

Wall & Associates offers assistance with a variety of tax services, including liens, garnishment, back taxes, and more. They work to get their clients settlements, payment plans, and offers-in-compromise with the IRS.

• Tax Liens: If you have unpaid taxes, the IRS can file a tax lien against your personal property with your county clerk. Wall & Associates aims to reduce your tax burden so you can pay it off and avoid a lien.
  • Tax Garnishment: The IRS is legally allowed to force your employer to send them part of your paycheck if you owe back taxes. Wall & Associates offers solutions to work with the IRS to avoid this.
  • Seizures: The IRS can seize your property, including your car or home if you owe back taxes. By reducing the amount you owe or setting up a compromise with the IRS, Wall & Associates works to help customers avoid losing their stuff.
  • Unfiled Tax Returns: If you do not file a regular tax return, the IRS may think you are trying to evade paying your taxes—which is a crime. Wall & Associates employs CPAs and other professionals to help you file these tax returns the right way, to avoid any further issues with the federal government.
  • IRS Penalties: If you’ve been penalized by the IRS, Wall & Associates offers consultations to help you understand exactly what went wrong, and what can be done to help.

Wall & Associates FAQ

How does Wall & Associates work?
Working with Wall & Associates begins with an in-person consultation at one of their 187 offices located nationwide. A consultant will then evaluate your financial position to determine if you are eligible for an Offer-In-Compromise, settlement or payment plan. If you are, Wall & Associates will assist you with filing the paperwork. If you are denied, the company offers assistance with the appeals process.
How much does Wall & Associates cost?
Wall & Associates does not publish their fee structure online, but this is typical of most tax relief services. You’ll need to contact the company directly to discuss your unique tax situations to get a better idea of what fees will be associated with your case.
Does Wall & Associates offer any type of guarantee?
While all situations are different, Wall & Associates touts a “No Hidden Charges” guarantee and says it is committed to finding a fair payment solution for every customer.

Do we recommend Wall & Associates?

If you are looking for a company that can help you understand the “numbers game” that is dealing with the IRS, Wall & Associates may be able to help. They specialize in understanding your financial situation and guiding you to the best option for attempting to get relief. However, they do not offer legal advice, and unlike other firms, they only provide relief services, rather than whole-picture tax help.

Wall & Associates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wall & Associates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wall & Associates?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Wall & Associates is the successor to JK Harris, a tax relief outfit that was forced to cease operations by federal and state governmental agencies. The fees charged are excessive, and the relief they promise in most cases doesn't exist.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for reaching out to our office. Our office has no relation to JK Harris, nor are we a successor in any way to them. Our office was incorporated in 1998 and has continued operations through the present day. JK Harris dissolved in 2012. Our company has served thousands of clients and interacted with many more individuals. We stand behind the work we perform for our clients. If you are a client of our office and have questions or concerns regarding your case, we encourage you to contact us at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

They charge $2500 to start with all these promises. And then $400 per month. The key for them is that $400 per month. They will draw the dealings with the IRS for months because it’s beneficial to them. I ended up owing between their fees and the interest almost 60% more than if I had just settled with the IRS in the beginning. I’m sure one of their “experts” will come on here and tear me down, like they do everyone else. I told them I no longer wanted their services after almost a year. The lady I worked w was nice but it’s not worth the price they charge at all. Just contact the IRS and work our a plan w them. Avoid Wall and Associates at all costs.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about your experience in working with our office. We take all client concerns very seriously.

In reviewing your case, you came with an underreporting issue on a specific tax year. It is essential to understand that when the IRS assesses additional tax on an income tax return, they will retroactively assess all applicable penalties and interest through the original tax return due date. The reason your balance increased so quickly in such a short amount of time is because of this.

As you are aware, our office, in April of this year, submitted a doubt-as-to-liability offer to the IRS, which would have addressed the deficiency plus penalties and interest had it been accepted. You ended services with our office one month after this was submitted, preventing us from seeing the case through its completion.

Additionally, you hired us for representation services in October of 2019 and ceased service in May of 2020. So you were a client of our office for only seven months or around half a year.

If you have any further questions, concerns, or want to speak with someone about your case, please reach out to us at (800) 989-5911.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Wall & Associates never followed through with the contract. My first complaint, is that they never kept in touch, they never emailed me when they did anything. No communication! When they finally got all the paperwork together to send to the IRS to fight my case...I was never told that they did so, and I was never sent any copies. How I found out, after sending several emails to see how it was going, I had received copies of everything from the IRS, stating that they could not accept this because they left out the form that had our signatures. They do not call the IRS frequently for updates...as per the contract. To this day, the IRS has not assigned my case to an examiner, so I had to cut my losses and let them go. I don't know that the money that I have given them, has been well spent? I let them go after a year.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for reaching out to our office and letting us know about your experience. We have reviewed your case. The work our office does is not a precise science, and we make no guarantees regarding the results we can achieve for a client. When our office inadvertently makes a mistake on a case or a client has concerns, we do our best to make it right. Our office gave you three free months of work to compensate you for any perceived case errors or to address your concerns. Given this, we feel we were more than fair to you.

Our office shows roughly 30+ instances of us communicating with you either via email or mail. This does include the times when we spoke with you via phone. From our standpoint, we worked to provide you updates regarding your case when you requested them. Finally, it does appear that during the course of our work for you that your case was placed into a non-collectible status with the IRS. This prevented them from aggressively pursuing you for the taxes they claim you owe. Continuing to contact IRS collections when your account isn't in a collections status is just a waste of time. Ultimately, in June, you requested to end services with us, and we complied with that request.

In the event we can be of further assistance, we encourage you to reach out to our office at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Consumer Beware!! After one year of pulling our leg and having us continuously send in documentation as well as taking 400 a month from us on top of the initial thousands of dollars in retainer fee, this company tells us that realistically it is not worth it for us to submit for a settlement. So basically after paying this company 6500.00 which we could have and should have used to pay taxes owed, we are now out that money for a company who was dishonest since the beginning. Brandi ** was absolutely awful -- she would call us back after hours and not get back to us in timely manners sometimes weeks at a time!! We had to be the ones constantly reaching out and asking for updates. On numerous occasions, we had to resubmit paperwork again and again only to be told finally that they could not do anything for us.

In December, a guy named Devon from some Client Services Group contacted us because he said he was investigating Wall & Associates and Brandi for taking so long to settle our claim and as a result we received a break from the 400 a month from February until now (or else we would be another 1200 in the hole). If we had not called them for updates, they were going to restart taking out the 400 on June 1!!!!

We did not read all of the negative reviews on the BBB and consumer affairs until after paying the initial 2500 retainer and thought they would help us but now I see we were scammed like many others!! BUYER BEWARE -- we plan to get a lawyer and fight this. They are dishonest and pull your leg until they have taken enough of your money and then don't help as we have read happen to many others. GO WITH A REAL LAWYER and/or settle on your own. These people should be ashamed of themselves taking money from already hard-working people!

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for reaching out and for letting us know about your experience in working with our company. Wall & Associates, Inc. is an administrative tax representation firm. As you state, we do not handle tax matters requiring legal assistance. Every client must sign our Administrative Tax Controversy Agreement, which clearly outlines this fact.

Our office kept requesting updated information to confirm the accuracy of the financial statement our office was working on with you. As you state, in February of 2020, our office agreed to waive fees ordinarily due and payable to our office. This consideration was granted to you, as detailed in our February 4 letter, as a customer service gesture to address concerns you had with the services our office was providing. We also offered you an opportunity to have your case switched to someone else. You opted to keep the same caseworker.

Unfortunately, upon review of the financial statement, it did appear there would be challenges in submitting an offer for your case, and we explained those challenges to you. We offered you alternatives to submitting an offer during this call.

As of May 12, 2020, you have requested to cease services with our company. Per this request, members of our Client Services Group will be reaching out to you. In the event you want to speak with someone before them reviewing your case and contacting you, we encourage you to reach out to us at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! BEWARE!!!! I have been working with this company since August 2019. It started off with a really good working relationship. The consultant I meet with assured me the $5000.00 retainer fee would be worth it and the additional $500.00 a month for the company was well worth it too. Really good salesman. I have had 3 team members in the last 6 months. The first one was named Brad. He sent me a list of what I needed to send and then turned me over to Mandy who did some awesome work. But that all ended in September when Mandy left the work and turned my account over to some human named Jennifer. This last one Jennifer R is a real loser and Jennifer's manager Cynthia ** is no better. Clearly they are there for the paycheck and nothing more. Jennifer has NOT contacted me in the 4 months she has a contract. The communication I have had is when I called the company to see what the status was.

When I received notice that the case had been review in Jan 2020 I called Jennifer and her statement to me was, "Yeah we got it but we have until the 22 of February to respond so we will just wait. You got another monthly fee paid to Wall and Associates to sit on the case." On top of that now that the case has been review, Jennifer's statement to me was "Just pay the bill you owe it". The customer service rep Mike says too bad on the money. He admits to bad service but claims they stayed into h with the IRS and that one phone call a month was worth $500.00 dollars. When I reminded him that I was the customer and not the IRS that brought silence on the phone. No refund on our bad service or ethics, just my loss.

No the company is not willing to fight the battle with the IRS as advertised. So let's review this $11,000.00:
    No communication.
    No customer service.

No Consultant to fight for your rights.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for reaching out. Our office strives to provide excellent representation service to every client who hires us. You hired us to review the accuracy of an assessment that was being made against you. Our office is able to aggressively pursue arguments to assessments when there is something to argue. If the assessment is accurate then it would be pointless to argue. Despite our ability to argue on your behalf we cannot change the tax code. Although rare, sometimes the best option could be full payment if you have the means, it won't cause a hardship, and you don't feel like going through a resolution process with the IRS.

We follow up with our clients as necessary to progress their case toward an ultimate resolution. You called us and we provided you updates. Had you not called us, we would have called you. The initiating party makes no difference - you received updates regarding the status of your case.

As is explained to every client the monthly fee is intended to prevent issues that arise with line-item billing. Work in some months is much less or much more than others, but you will have a consistent charge. With line-item billing you will receive fluctuating charges and in some months you will be billed a lot and in others not much. You fail to acknowledge that in August and September 2019 large amounts of work occurred and admittedly in later months less work occurred.

You fail to acknowledge that we agreed to reduce the $500 agreed monthly fee to $400 as a customer services gesture. Would a company trying to take advantage of individuals be willing to work with them on their payments post contract signature? We surmise few companies would.

The honest truth is that we worked to provide you fair and honest tax representation services, but we do regret that those services didn't meet your needs. If we can be of any further assistance regarding your case or the actions on it please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I was told my fee would be $3,700 down and a balance of $5,000 that could be paid out at $500 a month! If I had that kind of money, I would just pay the $9,500 the IRS said I owed. You're NOT helping people.

Wall & Associates response

Thanks for reaching out. We try to quote our clients a fair fee for the work required on a case. Sometimes it makes financial sense to hire our company and sometimes it does not. Regardless, we are always upfront about our fees so clients can make that decision for themselves.

We do sincerely hope that you are able to find a representative who is able to meet your needs and appreciate you having met with us.

Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

This firm was charging me for over 2 yrs $400 a month promising me they were negotiating with the IRS all that time on my behalf. When I got tired of waiting to see results and demanded to see evidence of work performed they fought me tooth & nail not to provide it. When I stopped paying the monthly $400 fee that’s when they had their billing dept harass me to make my payments again. I told them I’m not paying another cent unless I see the work completed to justify taking my $10,000. They then sent me copies of all my email correspondences back and forth giving them the documentations they were requesting to build my offer in compromise. I was insulted!! They were charging me $400 a month to keep giving them my tax returns, bank statements, bills, proof of income etc. and they were buying time and delaying the process just to collect their precious $400 a mo from me! What a rip off!!!

After doing more research and calling the IRS myself, I learned they never made phone calls to them only filed power of attorney docs representing me. THAT’S IT!! What a waste of my time and money! Now I will file a lawsuit against them to get my money back. These people are corrupt and crooked! I’m sure I am not the only one they are stealing from. Consumers stay clear of this firm!!!

Hi Colon,

On reviewing your case we were actually buying you time to begin timely filing and paying your taxes on time. No doubt one of our caseworker's explained to you the importance of current tax compliance when addressing arrears owed to a taxing authority?

Simply put we didn't submit an offer or other resolution for you because it would have been pointless if you had generated further tax liabilities. The new balances would just default anything we arranged and would have been a further waste of your time and resources.

If we can be of any further assistance you can reach out to you office at (800) 989-5911.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

The initial consultation was in depth and the time allocated was sufficient to cover all information. The interviewer explained the process and answered all questions to ensure complete understanding. I was given documentation showing the entire team that would be working my tax issues. I would recommend Wall & Associates to others for their tax problems.

Hey Darryl,

We appreciate you reaching out and letting us know about your experience in meeting with our office. We look forward to helping you put your tax matter behind you.

Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

So far everyone has been helpful, as we just got started. Everyone we've talked with has been very knowledgeable and we are very happy to be one of your clients. As I said we have just got started and we will see how everything goes from here on out to our resolution.

Robert,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting us know about your experience thus far. Remember, anytime you need case assistance or have a question we are only a call away. Additionally, don't forget to utilize our customer service line should you need it.

Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Everyone at WALL and Associates have been very knowledgeable, courteous and very professional!! Initially I met with Tod ** who was very patient, intelligent and able to reduce my stress and anxiety through his exceptional knowledge of the process and the expertise of WALL and Associates. TRULY A BLESSING!!! James

Hey James,

Thanks for reaching out and letting know about your experience. We look forward to helping you put your tax matters behind you. Remember, anytime you have a case question we're here to answer it for you. We'll also be sure to keep you frequently updated with what we're doing on your behalf as well.

Thanks for choosing us!