2. Tax Relief

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.89/5

Get matched with the best Tax Relief company for you!

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Get matched with the best Tax Relief company for you!

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Tax Tiger Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I too fell for the ploy of Christian values because they were advertising on Christian radio stations. By the way, I don't know who dropped who but they no longer advertise on my Christian radio station. The intake was very friendly and they offered to take care of everything for $1000. I asked if the intake agent wanted to know what my tax deductions were for the years they were filing for me, e.g., child deduction, donations, I was told the preparers would call me for my information. No calls, by the way, just the sloppiest tax returns I had ever seen. I'm a 40+ widow with two children. My tax return looked like I worked at the Burger Hut. They got their money and I had to pay $4000 to another company to fix their incompetence.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

When I first contacted Tax Tiger, based on their advertisement that they operate based on "Christian principles", they convinced me that they would handle my account with the IRS and within 3-4 months would have a payment plan in place. I signed a contract, paid them over $4000 in fees for their "professional services" and it is now almost 2 years and they have done absolutely NOTHING to resolve my issue with the IRS. In addition, during the time they have been "working" on my account, the IRS has levied my Social Security benefits. I would never recommend this firm to anyone for tax resolution. I am in jeopardy of losing my job, my home, etc. and THEY DO NOT CARE. No response to emails for months and in almost 24 months and many sleepless nights over this matter, they have only contacted me several times and only in response to my calls or emails. There is nothing Christian-like about this company.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I guess I was taken in by their talk about being good "Christians." They took my $3250 without asking any question other than how much I owed to the IRS in total. After nearly 3 months, I called and asked for a status update. Nothing had happened as of that date. They then sent me a list of questions that should have been asked when I first spoke with them to see if I even had a case. I believe they were more concerned with collecting their fee than providing me with a good service.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

The only thing this company did for me was file my taxes. I paid them $13,000 and there was little to no work done here within this company did for me was file my taxes. Do not trust this company. It’s a total scam. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and they made up a bunch of statements that were even on my record. Also they switched me to three different case managers. They were handling my tax case. Please go to a different company. This place is a total scam and malpractice is definitely here!!!!

Original review: July 20, 2019

My Husband and I Hired Tax Tiger in April 2019 and got into a contract of 7 months paying 303.00. I feel nothing was done with our Tax Debt! But put off us paying for a while. No Negotiation in Penalties Reductions or fighting for us i! When we went into a non collectible status we came out owing more than when we started! How is that?! Advertising on Christian SiriusXM radio made me feel they were honest! They did stop a wage levy from my job, and thankful but nothing else was done but to just buy us some time. We still owe and have a Tax Lien in our new home! My Faith is in God not man! People are all about money including the IRS!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Tiger ?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I started the process with Tax Tiger in 2014 and they were very good at talking and that about it! They took my money right away but did nothing for 4 years until I started calling them every day all day until someone would speak to me. By the time they started with my file it was too late and thousands more on my tax balance. Now I'm handling it all on my own. I was charged $7500.00 and they maybe worked a day in total on my file. Very disappointed in their work. I would not recommend Tax Tiger to anyone. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND USE IT TOWARDS YOUR BALANCE WITH THE IRS!!!

Original review: July 23, 2018

We hired Tax Tiger over a year ago. We hardly heard any updates. Charged $1000 up front. Paid $250 a month. Gave them all info they wanted summer of 2017. They said they turned everything to IRS August 2017. Asked over and over what was being done on case. They kept saying waiting in IRS. Well then a couple months ago they say they need 2012 tax returns signed. Which my husband did July 2017. And it had my name on it when we were not even married. Fraud. Then this the next month they wanted 2016 tax return signed. Sent screenshot it was done July 2017. Compared the one signed in 2017 to the other one they wanted signed. All different figures. We asked for proof in documents of what they have done. Wouldn't provide! Kinda funny how everything was signed July 2017 and they said the IRS got all tax returns August 2017.

They lie over and over. So when you call them on it the "Christian" owner threatens to take you to court! For calling them out! So we finally had enough and fired them $4700 later! They would not tell who they have been working with at IRS. Well now we know why! My husband called the IRS and Tax Tiger didn't represent my husband at all!!! So over a year he accumulated massive penalties and was put in collections! Tax Tiger was not working with anyone at IRS!!! So his tax bill is over $200,000! My husband let the agent know everything!!! We paid for a lawyer and service we did not get! Do not go through this company! Go directly to IRS!

Companies like this should be shut down and arrested! All those good reviews are bogus. Read the actual complaints and read them. And look at the response from the owner. She gives our information online which is against the contract! And also lies to make the person with the complaint look bad! No integrity! Definitely not based in Christian values! These people will scam you and make your situation worse with IRS. Don't go to BBB to complain. Go through your state Attorney General's office.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was referred here by a friend who was dealt with very kindly by this company. Apparently things have changed. As soon as they got a $500 deposit from me, the treatment changed when talking about money/payments. I pay over $1,000 per month to them and if I ask for a monthly statement I don't get one - it seems to be too big of a hassle to give me one. I am perplexed by this. I was told they are doing me a favor with the payment arrangement. Really? $250 weekly payments is YOU doing ME a favor? I could do them a favor and take my business elsewhere also, but I'm hooked in and they know it.

I cannot believe how this supposed "Christian" founded organization has changed compared to when my friend used them. This particular attorney is NOT nice to me when I ask to speak to someone about simply getting a monthly statement. Very discouraged. Very disappointed in the interactions I have had. If I would have known I would have went "non-Christian" based since there is no difference apparently. This has already been nothing but stressful trying to get caught up on taxes, let alone dealing with them.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

They have a wide variety of contract options for you to choose from. I wouldn't go without them when doing my taxes ever again. They make the process easy and worry free. The fees are low depending which options you go with. Mine were at a great price so I can't complain but I also don't do as many tax preparations as other companies may do. Their customer report is top notch! I gave them a great rating because they do exceptional work in their field. It's been the best so far that I have found. Any kind of tax anything you can think of they provide it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Price great. Locations great. Times great. Long way but worth it. The people are terrific. Not a long Wait when you have an appointment. Nice low everyday cost. I love it. Thanks for being in business and wonderful people who understand how life works in the real world compared to everyone else. The office always did an impeccable job DOING my taxes. Blessed be thanks for doing your job correctly responsibly. Lots of types of forms for everything you could possibly imagine to do taxes for all things personal. Experience is worth every penny paid for services.

Not sure about Tax Tiger?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right tax relief company for you.

Tax Tiger expert review by Andrew Poulos

Tax Tiger was founded in 2002 by Kathy Hill. The company serves customers in every state in the U.S.

• Qualifications: Tax Tiger is a member of the American Society of IRS Problem Solvers and the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, which means the company has a proven reputation and credentials to handle tax relief.

• Excellent press: Tax Tiger has been featured on many news and press outlets as an excellent company, including CNN, Fox News, and the Travel Channel.

• Huge selection of services: Tax Tiger provides customers with one of the widest range of tax services. This includes IRS tax payments plans, Trust Fund Recovery Penalties, education about IRS tax secrets and Payroll Tax Liability.

• Franchises: There are Tax Tiger franchises across the country, which means they are convenient for customers who are located across the geographic U.S.

• Headed by experts: Tax Tiger was founded by a former legal professional from a large tax resolution firm, who left to head her own tax relief company with more humanitarian motives, and she recently wrote a book chronicling her journey to success and offering advice for aspiring business people.

• Best for: Individuals with garnished wages, individuals with a federal tax lien or levy,, innocent spouses and business owners with back payroll taxes.

by Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Tax Tiger questions and answers

What sets Tiger Tax apart from the competition?
    Our track record of achieving exceptional results coupled with the fact we are a Christian, faith-based firm sets Tiger Tax apart from our competitors. These principles lead us to a core value of honesty and integrity in dealing with our clients. Today and for a number of years, we’ve had an A+ rating with the BBB. Tiger Tax has been in business for 12 years and our motto is, "Making a difference in people's lives.” Our website, www.taxtiger.com, features our CEO, Kathy Hill, being interviewed by Donald Trump Jr. and is a very informative resource about our company.
    What problem is Tiger Tax trying to solve?
    Tiger Tax specializes in resolving taxpayers’ IRS liability for those who have the IRS garnishing their wages and cleaning out their bank accounts. We have a stellar track record of settlement offers as low as $20 for taxpayers owing between $50,000 to over $100,000. These problems have caused thousands of taxpayers stress, worry, and sleepless nights. We deliver peace of mind and freedom from stress.
    What needs do your services fulfill, and how does Tiger Tax fulfill those needs better than its competition?
    Our services fill a crucial need for taxpayers who have IRS levy notices and don't know what to do with them or how to handle it. They cannot pay the amounts showing on the notices and need help as a result. Tax Tiger fulfills these needs better than our competition because of the integrity in which we work and because of the incredibly low settlement offers our company generates monthly. We’ve never seen these results on a consistent basis with any other company.
    How does Tiger Tax measure success?
    Tax Tiger measures success by the settlements offers we achieve and the peace of mind we give to our clients. We have reasonable fees – not outrageous ones making professional representation impossible.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about tax relief?
    Consumers often believe they can handle their problems with the IRS themselves, with no guidance or knowledge of the Internal Revenue Manual or codes governing the process. If you do not know these things, you will be at a great disadvantage in achieving a superior result.
    How has the tax relief industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    The industry has a bad reputation of defrauding the public by operating under the "greed factor" – taking consumers’ money and doing little, if anything, for them. There are no exceptional results and hardly any work is actually done for the taxpayer. Compared to five years ago, the industry is better now because the government closed down the top three mega-million-dollar firms for defrauding the public – but there are many more still out there.
    How has Tiger Tax grown?
    Over the past 12 years, we’ve grown from a small office with just a few clients to larger firm with clients all across the country. We have also have a very successful franchise operation.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Tiger Tax?
    We have reasonable fees and stellar honesty and integrity. Tiger Tax genuinely cares about our clients and their issues, not the money. We are not greed driven. Because of these principles, God has blessed us immeasurably with spectacular results. We are a national company with four offices and clients all across the United States. We also honor our veterans with a veteran’s discount.

Tax Tiger Company Information