4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Tax Resolvers work to reduce your debt with the I.R.S. We connect you personally with professionals who will examine your current tax condition and create the best plan for you to move forward.

The Tax Resolvers will continue to help until your case is closed. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Call for your free consultation today!

BOTTOM LINE

The Tax Resolvers is a tax relief company that utilizes the skills of a variety of experts to help clients with at least $10,000 in debt deal with the IRS. While there is no pricing published online, they do offer a free quote if you contact the company.

PROS

• NATP and Bar Association member
  • Services beyond settlements
  • Free quote
  • Experienced tax specialists

CONS

• No money-back guarantee
  • No up-front pricing

About The Tax Resolvers

The Tax Resolvers offers tax relief services nationwide for those who owe back taxes, have been audited, need help to navigate an issue with the IRS or simply need help filing their taxes. Investigators help address immediate concerns while also negotiating with the IRS. They are a member of both the National Association of Tax Professionals and the American Bar Association.

The Tax Resolvers services

The Tax Resolvers say their goal is to find the best solutions for individuals, small businesses and even corporations. They offer experienced legal representation and negotiators to help customers deal with or avoid negative consequences from an IRS issue. The company provides a full range of IRS-related services. Review the list below for an overview of their top services.

• Tax Consulting: If you are facing possible issues with the IRS, The Tax Resolvers offers a consultation service to ensure customers don’t make any missteps. Consultants evaluate the facts and provide options to help customers understand what they are facing and what rights they have.
  • Tax Preparation: The Tax Resolvers offer customer help filing their taxes before they ever have a run-in with the IRS, possibly even helping to prevent one. Licensed tax preparers can either assist you with filing your taxes or answer any questions you may have about the process.
  • Tax Settlement: If there are extenuating circumstances that led to your problems with the IRS, The Tax Resolvers offer assistance with negotiating a settlement. Consultants can help identify if you qualify for a settlement, and what settlement option is right for you.
  • Tax Negotiation: If you know you owe the IRS back taxes but are unable to pay, The Tax Resolvers offer help negotiating payment plans, settlements and other compromises. These are established IRS processes but can be tricky to handle without a professional.

How The Tax Resolvers work

When working with The Tax Resolvers, you can expect first to fill out an online survey to establish whether or not you fit the criteria for help. Then, a consultant will work with you to further understand your specific issue and goals.

The Tax Resolvers' staff of investigators assist with gathering documents and other evidence, then help make sense of the paperwork and explain your options to fully flesh-out an appeal or settlement with the IRS. Finally, if you are eligible, a company representative will help negotiate the terms of a deal with the IRS.

Each case is different, but typical resolutions include an Offer-In-Compromise, Penalty Abatement or a declaration your debt is not collectible or a payment plan.

The Tax Resolvers FAQ

How much does The Tax Resolvers cost?
The Tax Resolvers operates on a variable fee structure. If you are facing serious tax debt, avoiding an expensive solution is a must. Every case is unique, but there are regular IRS fees you can expect, such as a $186 filing fee for an Offer-In-Compromise.
Do The Tax Resolvers offer any type of guarantee?
The Tax Resolvers does not advertise any guarantees or money-back policies. This is something you’ll want to discuss directly with the company. Be wary of any company that guarantees results. However, a satisfaction guarantee or clear policy on how they process complaints and refunds are nice to have.

Do we recommend The Tax Resolvers?

If you are looking for a company that can assist with a wide variety of tax-related issues, The Tax Resolvers may be able to help. The company offers more than simply negotiating a settlement, and can handle your taxes from filing to audit. However, the company’s pricing is case-by-case, which can make it difficult to know if it is a good fit without going through the initial consultation process.

The Tax Resolvers Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Everything was perfect with my experience with The Tax Resolvers. Enrolling was very easy. I worked with Joe in the beginning. Thereafter I worked with Josh and he was more than patient.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I had a pretty decent experience with Tax Resolvers for a little bit, but then every time I would call them or try to get ahold of them, nobody would answer the phone. I’m kind of a little wary about it. They tried to get ahold of me a few times, but every time they’ve tried to get ahold of me, I’m not here or I’m at work. But it was pretty easy to get it all set up. I’m still paying on them with what they set up with everything.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I owed about $50,000 in taxes so I had to talk to someone and see if I could get some of the stuff reduced. Tax Resolvers set me up with Community Tax. They were fine and I'm satisfied with them. I'm in the process right now and have been paying a bunch of money each month for the five months. It's a heck of a lot of money, but they're also saving me a lot.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

The fellow I talked to seemed like he knew what he was talking about and I didn’t so I decided I would go with him. And my experience with The Tax Resolvers was good. It was a little expensive but well worth it. If I had a question, I would call and ask, and somebody would tell me.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I've been paying the IRS 300 a month all year long and I've been doing it for about eight years. All of a sudden, they decided they wanted all their money at once, and they got nasty about it. The Tax Resolvers connected me with Community Tax. I called them, talked to Joe at first, and then I've been in contact with Coco and Peter since. The Tax Resolvers also request a bunch of information (which is not a problem) and I get a phone call every now and then telling me that things haven't been resolved yet. Still, I'm hoping that the $3,600 a year for almost eight years counts for something, but if the IRS is not gonna reduce or drop my payments to zero, they can at least let me continue my payments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Tax Resolvers?

Original review: May 25, 2018

I've been with The Tax Resolvers for four months now. I think that of all of such companies are rip-offs, but I got income tax debt and I had to connect with somebody and didn't have. However recently, I haven't talked to anybody from them. The last person I talked to was the tax lady who was doing my W2. That time she told me that she was going to get with some other lady and find out what information they needed from me and that she was going to get back with me. But she still hasn't. And I just made a payment last week. To me, I feel like I'm just paying money and nothing is going on. I will pay them $371 a month for a year and I'd like to know what's going on. If they're helping me, the longer it takes for them to do whatever they need to do is putting me further and further behind.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had a very jovial experience with The Tax Resolvers. I've seen them before. And I'm very leery about doing a lot of things, as far as anything that has to do with any numbers of mine. And I saw that name a few times, and that was the reason why I really went to them. Their agents were all good and everybody did exactly what they do. They also did everything online, so everything was paperless. That's fine and dandy, but sometimes, you really need some paper. Also, I need to know how much longer do I have to pay them.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I called them with my tax problem. Brian called me back. I told him I went with another company, his response was a dejected "Oh" then said something and promptly hung up. I called back and asked to speak with his manager. His response was a defiant "No!" I asked why not. He repeated his defiant "No!" and then promptly hung up.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

This company will call your business at least 5 times a day. We do not have an account NOR do we do business with them. We advise them every day that the individual they are looking for no longer works at the company. Nonetheless, when they call you can hear the staff laughing and chattering in the background as though it is not a place of business. A gentleman called on 10/20/2017 @ 3:20 pm and when advised the individual no longer worked here, we hung up. He called back 3 times to say "Why did you hang up on me?" And then, he hung up! I would NEVER do business with such unprofessional people.

The Tax Resolvers response
You have mistaken our company for some other business. We are a tax and accounting firm. We do not make outbound sales calls. 100% of our phone calls are tracked and recorded. I searched our data and no staff member has ever called your business going back thru 5 years of phone data. Please remove your review/complaint. Thanks,
Joseph Warren
Partner

The Tax Resolvers

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

The rep from The Tax Resolvers was excellent. Overall they did a good job and the guidance worked out well.

The Tax Resolvers Company Information