Call toll free
4.33/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Tax Resolvers work to reduce your debt with the I.R.S. We connect you personally with professionals who will examine your current tax condition and create the best plan for you to move forward.

The Tax Resolvers will continue to help until your case is closed. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Call for your free consultation today!

BOTTOM LINE

The Tax Resolvers is a tax relief company that utilizes the skills of a variety of experts to help clients with at least $10,000 in debt deal with the IRS. While there is no pricing published online, they do offer a free quote if you contact the company.

PROS

• NATP and Bar Association member
  • Services beyond settlements
  • Free quote
  • Experienced tax specialists

CONS

• No money-back guarantee
  • No up-front pricing

About The Tax Resolvers

The Tax Resolvers offers tax relief services nationwide for those who owe back taxes, have been audited, need help to navigate an issue with the IRS or simply need help filing their taxes. Investigators help address immediate concerns while also negotiating with the IRS. They are a member of both the National Association of Tax Professionals and the American Bar Association.

The Tax Resolvers services

The Tax Resolvers say their goal is to find the best solutions for individuals, small businesses and even corporations. They offer experienced legal representation and negotiators to help customers deal with or avoid negative consequences from an IRS issue. The company provides a full range of IRS-related services. Review the list below for an overview of their top services.

• Tax Consulting: If you are facing possible issues with the IRS, The Tax Resolvers offers a consultation service to ensure customers don’t make any missteps. Consultants evaluate the facts and provide options to help customers understand what they are facing and what rights they have.
  • Tax Preparation: The Tax Resolvers offer customer help filing their taxes before they ever have a run-in with the IRS, possibly even helping to prevent one. Licensed tax preparers can either assist you with filing your taxes or answer any questions you may have about the process.
  • Tax Settlement: If there are extenuating circumstances that led to your problems with the IRS, The Tax Resolvers offer assistance with negotiating a settlement. Consultants can help identify if you qualify for a settlement, and what settlement option is right for you.
  • Tax Negotiation: If you know you owe the IRS back taxes but are unable to pay, The Tax Resolvers offer help negotiating payment plans, settlements and other compromises. These are established IRS processes but can be tricky to handle without a professional.

How The Tax Resolvers work

When working with The Tax Resolvers, you can expect first to fill out an online survey to establish whether or not you fit the criteria for help. Then, a consultant will work with you to further understand your specific issue and goals.

The Tax Resolvers' staff of investigators assist with gathering documents and other evidence, then help make sense of the paperwork and explain your options to fully flesh-out an appeal or settlement with the IRS. Finally, if you are eligible, a company representative will help negotiate the terms of a deal with the IRS.

Each case is different, but typical resolutions include an Offer-In-Compromise, Penalty Abatement or a declaration your debt is not collectible or a payment plan.

The Tax Resolvers FAQ

How much does The Tax Resolvers cost?
The Tax Resolvers operates on a variable fee structure. If you are facing serious tax debt, avoiding an expensive solution is a must. Every case is unique, but there are regular IRS fees you can expect, such as a $186 filing fee for an Offer-In-Compromise.
Do The Tax Resolvers offer any type of guarantee?
The Tax Resolvers does not advertise any guarantees or money-back policies. This is something you’ll want to discuss directly with the company. Be wary of any company that guarantees results. However, a satisfaction guarantee or clear policy on how they process complaints and refunds are nice to have.

Do we recommend The Tax Resolvers?

If you are looking for a company that can assist with a wide variety of tax-related issues, The Tax Resolvers may be able to help. The company offers more than simply negotiating a settlement, and can handle your taxes from filing to audit. However, the company’s pricing is case-by-case, which can make it difficult to know if it is a good fit without going through the initial consultation process.

48 The Tax Resolvers Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 2, 2019

I've been paying the IRS 300 a month all year long and I've been doing it for about eight years. All of a sudden, they decided they wanted all their money at once, and they got nasty about it. The Tax Resolvers connected me with Community Tax. I called them, talked to Joe at first, and then I've been in contact with Coco and Peter since. The Tax Resolvers also request a bunch of information (which is not a problem) and I get a phone call every now and then telling me that things haven't been resolved yet. Still, I'm hoping that the $3,600 a year for almost eight years counts for something, but if the IRS is not gonna reduce or drop my payments to zero, they can at least let me continue my payments.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I was satisfied with my experience with Tax Resolvers. I wanted to get my back taxes fixed and they did their job well.

Original review: March 12, 2019

WARNING. The guy Brian there would not stop calling, even after he was asked to stop. Lied about being asked to stop and just kept on with the harassment...and just plain rudeness. Can't believe he is in customer service. A world class **... a low life **.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I've been with The Tax Resolvers for four months now. I think that of all of such companies are rip-offs, but I got income tax debt and I had to connect with somebody and didn't have. However recently, I haven't talked to anybody from them. The last person I talked to was the tax lady who was doing my W2. That time she told me that she was going to get with some other lady and find out what information they needed from me and that she was going to get back with me. But she still hasn't. And I just made a payment last week. To me, I feel like I'm just paying money and nothing is going on. I will pay them $371 a month for a year and I'd like to know what's going on. If they're helping me, the longer it takes for them to do whatever they need to do is putting me further and further behind.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I called them with my tax problem. Brian called me back. I told him I went with another company, his response was a dejected "Oh" then said something and promptly hung up. I called back and asked to speak with his manager. His response was a defiant "No!" I asked why not. He repeated his defiant "No!" and then promptly hung up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Tax Resolvers?

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

This company will call your business at least 5 times a day. We do not have an account NOR do we do business with them. We advise them every day that the individual they are looking for no longer works at the company. Nonetheless, when they call you can hear the staff laughing and chattering in the background as though it is not a place of business. A gentleman called on 10/20/2017 @ 3:20 pm and when advised the individual no longer worked here, we hung up. He called back 3 times to say "Why did you hang up on me?" And then, he hung up! I would NEVER do business with such unprofessional people.

The Tax Resolvers response
You have mistaken our company for some other business. We are a tax and accounting firm. We do not make outbound sales calls. 100% of our phone calls are tracked and recorded. I searched our data and no staff member has ever called your business going back thru 5 years of phone data. Please remove your review/complaint. Thanks,
Joseph Warren
Partner

The Tax Resolvers

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

The rep from The Tax Resolvers was excellent. Overall they did a good job and the guidance worked out well.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I was scammed out of a whole bunch of money and I owed the federal government an awful lot of back taxes because I took out all my retirement and I owed early penalties from my taxes and of course the taxes itself. The agents from Tax Community have been very friendly, helpful, sincere, and worked in a timely manner. And I think they got me the relief that I deserved, except I don’t know what to do with my state taxes because they said the only deal was federal. Nonetheless, I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I’m broke and I needed help. Then, a neighbor told me about The Tax Resolvers and Community Tax Relief connected me to them. I had a good experience with the agent and their guidance was excellent. It’s better now, and I’m not getting harassed anymore.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I owe a lot of tax but I didn’t have the money to pay so I sought the help of The Tax Resolvers. My experience with them was good. Their rep was very nice. He called me back every time I called him. They’re good people to work along with.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

My husband called The Tax Resolvers because of all the taxes we owed. Nathan, our agent, was very good. The Tax Resolvers did good with us and connected us with Fix Your Tax.

Original review: June 1, 2016

The Tax Resolvers were very good and okay. The person that I dealt with was friendly, courteous and knowledgeable.

Original review: May 15, 2016

I was so far behind in debt with our taxes although we filed it every year and never skipped one. I got with Tax Resolvers and they connected me with Maximum Tax Resolution. I loved my experience with Tax Resolvers. They were great. I could call them at any time and they would return my call. They never did put me off. They answered my questions as quickly and as much as they could. We really enjoyed them and were extremely pleased with them. I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: May 8, 2016

It went pretty good with my agent. I can’t complain. We came to a resolution and that was a good thing. The only thing is I thought they were going to take care of my federal and state taxes, but they only took care of federal. Also, I might have to file my taxes again this year and they end up taking what I have coming, and then they say that I owe them. I need to call them and see if this is going to happen. The Tax Resolvers is expensive. The money that I spent for them I could have used to put down in my taxes. It was a learning experience with them, that’s for sure, but it was pretty good.

The Tax Resolvers response

We negotiated for you a hardship status requiring ZERO payments on your past due tax to the IRS. If you remain in this status you will end up paying back nothing and the debt will expire. As far as the IRS holding future refunds, with proper planning this can be avoided and you can keep that money in your pocket instead of allowing the IRS to borrow it from you interest free and apply it to any old balances. Call us and we'd be happy to analyze a pay stub to see if you should adjust your withholding amounts.

Original review: April 22, 2016

I was looking for somebody to help me try to straighten out my tax which a girl did and left me in a rut. Tax Resolvers were successful in doing that. Ryan, my agent was wonderful. The company also has informative, courteous, and nice people. I was very satisfied.

Original review: April 15, 2016

The experience with The Tax Resolvers was fine. They did what I wanted them to do.

Original review: April 10, 2016

I was finding a way to resolve my tax debt so I got in touch with The Tax Resolvers. Their rep, Nathan, was very professional. He asked the right questions and we felt pretty confident just from his expertise that we were listening to. The Tax Resolvers were successful and it relieved a lot of tax debt. I will always remember them in a positive way and I was completely satisfied with their work. I'd definitely recommend them.

Original review: April 6, 2016

I have an issue with the IRS that I couldn’t resolve on my own so I hired The Tax Resolvers to help. I talked to a lady there and they decided they could help me, and they helped me a lot. My experience with them was good. I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: April 2, 2016

The company I work for cut back on my hours and everything on my job so I had to go to Tax Resolvers.They put me on the payment plan that I could afford. They were good to me and treated me nice. I appreciate their help.

Original review: March 29, 2016

I went with the Tax Resolvers because I felt my taxes were too high and I want them reduced, and the government was talking about taking my house. I dealt with a company called Community Tax there. They did my taxes and got them reduced and straightened out with the government that I don't have to pay a whole lot of money. What I got, a letter said that I didn't owe the government any money, which is good. Plus, working with their agent would have been a good experience, because he came out to do it in my favor.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

I'm still in a fight and my tax problem has not yet been solved. Tax Resolvers put me on a kind of standby. It will stay as it is but the interest will be increasing, and they're claiming that I still owe them. The service I received wasn't that great because they put a few people who didn't have a lot of experience on the case. It made it drag for a long time. As a result, I don't have complete satisfaction. The IRS can put their hands on everything I have any time they want.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

The Tax Resolvers were absolutely wonderful because they helped me tremendously. I would recommend them to anybody that had a life experience that threw them in the wrong direction and tell them to definitely give Tax Resolvers a call. I was mainly working with Christopher and Ryan was the gentleman that helped me towards the end after it was resolved.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I went out on disability and early retirement, and I needed to do my own paperwork. I forgot that I'm going to be taking out taxes so I went on owing taxes and this has led me to connect with Tax Resolvers. So, they fixed this for me. I paid my money an hour but they did a great job. They have done a lot and did what they said they were going to do. Agent Ryan has been wonderful and excellent. He took his time to listen to any questions and didn't rush off the phone. He is right for me. Tax Resolvers then connected me with Community Tax to resolve my tax issues. They're brilliant.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

Ryan from The Tax Resolvers did a great job in matching me with Community Tax, so I'm happy with the service.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I needed help with my IRS taxes. The Tax Resolvers matched me with Community Tax. My agent, Ryan, was very good and friendly.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

I used Tax Resolvers because I thought they were going to see to it that I would not pay as much taxes. Their agent, Ryan, was nice. There was a woman I talked to at first and I thought they would knock all my taxes out. They said they did not know. It cost me $2000 to get them and I'm still not sure if I was better off just paying IRS.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

If you owe $10,000 or more, Tax Resolvers will help you out to reduce them and that's what I needed. The agent Nicholdric would keep me updated and if I had any questions, he said to call him at any time. I was pleased with what I had to pay back, which was brought down to $2,700 because it was up like $13,000. I got that paid off and I'm just glad it's done and over with.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

I was having a problem with the IRS in reference to my taxes. The agents that I worked with were friendly and helped me out. They got me through the process.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

We needed our tax issues taken care of so we connected with The Tax Resolvers. I called them for the first time when the state kept putting the block on our checking out and savings account. Then we had our state taxes paid so now they owed us money rather than us owing them money but they couldn't see that. We'd get a letter saying that we wouldn't be able to get our license plates renewed until it's resolved. Then we had to point out to them that it's supposed to be a refund. Eventually they took it off but it's just stupid.

The reason I called the second time was because I had some money set aside for my hearing aids and the state put a block on us getting that money out. They were ready and I was going to go pick them up while my wife couldn't get the money out of the bank. Meanwhile we've got the federal taxes again. That's when our agent told me "No, don't worry about it. They will be sending you but they shouldn't be putting anything on your liens or garnishes or anything like that". So he was alright and overall the experience was great.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

The Tax Resolvers took care of my problem, they negotiated and charged me little by little. They did a perfect job.

The Tax Resolvers Company Information