Best Tax Relief in Pittsburgh, PA
If you owe back taxes to the IRS, local tax relief companies can help. Before hiring a tax relief company, carefully consider the available options and look for a firm with relevant experience, good reviews and a strong record of results. We created a list of the best tax relief companies in Pittsburgh to help your search.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Tax Relief Companies
|Community Tax||Read 594 Reviews|
Requires a minimum $10,000 tax debt. Initial fees range from $500 to $750. Gives full or partial refunds for services not rendered. Accredited by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Offers free consultations.
|Larson Tax Relief||Read 353 Reviews|
Works with clients who have more than $20,000 in tax debt. Provides a 15-day money-back guarantee. Offers free consultations with a licensed tax pro. Member of NAEA and NATP. Family-owned and operated.
|Anthem Tax Services||Read 116 Reviews|
Requires a minimum $10,000 tax debt. Tax attorneys on staff. Member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and National Association of Tax Professionals. Provides free initial consultation and a 100% money-back guarantee.
|Victory Tax Lawyers, LLP||Read 69 Reviews|
Requires $25,000 tax debt for relief services. Employs tax attorneys on staff. Member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers. Attorney consultation.
|J. David Tax Law LLC||Read 27 Reviews|
Works with clients who owe the IRS $20,000 or more. Provides free initial tax consultations. Employs tax attorneys on staff. Flexible payment plans available.
|Law Offices of Kathleen D. Schneider||Read Expert Review|
Provides representation when negotiating with the IRS in Pittsburgh. Employs attorneys with expertise in tax relief and procedural operation. Offers a free 30-minute initial consultation.
|Pittsburgh Center for Tax Relief||Read Expert Review|
Negotiates with the IRS on its clients’ behalf to eliminate penalties, liens and levies. Offers a four-step process to resolve tax disputes. Provides a free seven-day trial and a 30-day no-risk, no-questions-asked guarantee.
|Scully Tax Law Group||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in tax law. Offers help with IRS audits, liens, levies, wage garnishments, payment plans, offers in compromise, payroll tax problems and tax planning and preparation. Provides a free initial consultation.
|Steidl & Steinberg||Read Expert Review|
Offers tax relief services to resolve tax disputes, create payment plans, stop garnishments and establish noncollectible status. Helps customers file tax returns, file bankruptcy, dispute tax debts and remove tax liens.
|The Levy Group IRS Tax Help||Read Expert Review|
Offers relief from IRS notices, tax levies, liens, penalties, wage garnishments, interest payments and audits to Pittsburgh residents. Helps restructure IRS payment plans and negotiate offers in compromise.
The cost of tax relief in Pittsburgh
The average cost of tax relief in Pittsburgh ranges from $2,500 to $3,500, though that price climbs with more complex cases.
Tax relief firms bill clients in different ways, so ask any firm how they charge before committing to using its service.
- Flat fees are a single charge that covers all work the tax relief company performs on your behalf
- Sliding scales are based on the amount of tax debt a client owes
- Hourly rates are based on the time the firm spends on your case and range from $200 to $550 an hour
If you choose to pay in installments, this may increase the amount you owe. The cost may also change if the tax relief company asks for payment upfront, though you should be wary of paying in full before any services begin.
Common tax relief options in Pittsburgh
The five most common tax relief options in Pittsburgh are:
- Installment agreements: If you can’t afford to pay off your full tax debt upfront, installment agreements allow you to make recurring payments. Interest may accrue while you’re making payments, however, which increases the total cost.
- Offers in compromise: An offer in compromise is a settlement agreement for less than the total amount you owe the IRS. To qualify, you must have a very low income and minimal assets. You must also remain 100% compliant with the IRS for the next five years.
- Collection appeal: Collection appeals is an IRS program that lets you question a tax assessment without going to tax court. Interest and penalties continue to accrue throughout the appeals process, leaving you with even more to pay back if you aren’t successful.
- Tax lien withdrawal: A lien prevents you from selling property or using it as collateral on a loan. Tax relief companies attempt to remove liens by setting up payment plans, which let you pay off your tax debt over time and remove the lien from the public record.
- Innocent spouse relief: If your current or former spouse caused a tax liability that wasn’t your fault, you could get tax relief. The IRS takes up to six months to approve innocent spouse relief in Pittsburgh.
Other forms of tax relief companies offer in Pittsburgh include:
- Deferred payments
- Taxpayer forgiveness
- Penalty abatement
- Wage garnishment and levy release
- Removing Pennsylvania state and IRS penalties
- Settling payroll taxes
- Filing delinquent returns
The Pennsylvania Department of Revenue’s Office of Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate guides taxpayers through audits and other tax-related issues. It can even issue taxpayer assistance orders to help correct unfair situations.
Pennsylvania also allows residents to reduce their state tax liability through a special tax credit, depending on income and other factors.
Pittsburgh tax relief company information
The Levy Group has a staff of professional tax specialists that continually strategize the best course of action for handling tax penalties, wage garnishments, liens, levies and audits. The Levy Group has experience with personal and corporate taxes in Pittsburgh.
- Address: 651 Holiday Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15220
- Phone: (412) 238-7203
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: levytaxhelp.com/locations/pittsburgh-pennsylvania
Steidl and Steinberg provides personal and corporate tax relief services. The firm works with the IRS to set up payment plans, negotiate offers in compromise, establish noncollectible status and dispute clients’ total tax debts. It offers free consultations to Pittsburgh taxpayers.
- Address: 707 Grant St., Ste. 2830, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Phone: (412) 391-8000
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: goodbyedebt.com
Pittsburgh Center for Tax Relief employs tax attorneys, accountants and other financial experts who collaborate to provide a step-by-step approach to tax relief. This tax relief company decides the best course of action based on each client’s financial situation and then negotiates with the IRS to remove penalties, liens and levies. It offers a 30-day no-risk, no-questions-asked guarantee and a seven-day free trial.
- Address: 428 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Phone: (855) 338-1800
- Hours: M - F: 6am - 8pm
- Website: pennsylvania.centerfortaxrelief.com
Scully & Scully is a full-service tax, accounting and business-consulting firm that specializes in tax law, liens, levies and payment plans. It can also resolve payroll tax problems, stop property seizures, determine your eligibility for an offer in compromise and assist during IRS audits. The firm offers free consultations to prospective customers in Pittsburgh.
- Address: 437 Grant St., Ste. 1240, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Phone: (412) 471-0777
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: scullytaxlawgroup.com
The Law Offices of Kathleen D. Schneider helps clients find tax relief with its extensive knowledge of the IRS, state tax agencies and tax system procedures. The firm provides experienced representation and negotiation to clients dealing with the IRS. It offers free 30-minute initial consultations.
- Address: 1227 S. Braddock Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15218
- Phone: (412) 342-8577
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 9am - 4pm
- Website: kdschneiderlawoffice.com