Best Tax Relief in Los Angeles, CA
The tax system can be confusing for many Los Angeles residents, which makes it easy to fall behind on filing and paying taxes. If your back taxes are piling up and the IRS is contacting you, it’s time to get professional help. The best tax relief companies in Los Angeles help you manage your tax debt and negotiate with the IRS on your behalf.
Top 10 Los Angeles Tax Relief Companies
|Community Tax||Read 573 Reviews|
Requires a minimum $10,000 tax debt. Initial fees range from $500 to $750. Gives full or partial refunds for services not rendered. Accredited by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Offers free consultations.
|toll freenumber(844) 899-7812 Visit Website|
|Larson Tax Relief||Read 330 Reviews|
Works with clients who have more than $20,000 in tax debt. Provides a 15-day money-back guarantee. Member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the National Association of Tax Professionals.
|toll freenumber(855) 463-1308 Visit Website|
|Anthem Tax Services||Read 98 Reviews|
Requires a minimum $10,000 tax debt. Tax attorneys on staff. Member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and National Association of Tax Professionals. Provides free initial consultation and a 100% money-back guarantee.
|toll freenumber(855) 713-0330 Visit Website|
|Victory Tax Lawyers, LLP||Read 66 Reviews|
Requires $25,000 tax debt for relief services. Employs tax attorneys on staff. Member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers. Provides free consultations.
|toll freenumber(833) 287-9374 Visit Website|
|J. David Tax Law LLC||Read 25 Reviews|
Works with clients who owe the IRS $20,000 or more. Provides free initial tax consultations. Employs tax attorneys on staff. Flexible payment plans available.
|Bismark Tax Inc.||Read Expert Review|
Employs tax attorneys to help with unpaid California and IRS taxes. Available tax solutions include payment plans, bank levy releases, wage garnishment releases and audit assistance services. Offers free consultations.
|Hillhurst Tax Group||Read Expert Review|
Offers tax relief programs, tax return preparation, bookkeeping and tax planning. Employs tax attorneys, certified public accountants and enrolled agents to represent you with the IRS. Provides free consultations.
|Leading Tax Group||Read Expert Review|
Provides tax relief services such as tax settlements, bank levy releases, wage garnishment releases, audit representation and marijuana and cryptocurrency tax settlements. Gives free initial consultations.
|Madison Tax Solutions||Read Expert Review|
Offers tax resolution services to get you the lowest possible IRS payment. Provides accounting, bookkeeping, real estate and business-consulting services. Deals with clients remotely to fit their schedules.
|Salazar Income Tax Services||Read Expert Review|
Assists Los Angeles taxpayers with preparing their tax returns and tax refund requests. Helps clients manage their local, state and federal tax debt. Offers services for bookkeeping, money transfers and divorce proceedings.
How tax relief works in Los Angeles
Tax relief companies help Los Angeles residents who are struggling to pay their taxes. These professionals are experienced with California and federal tax codes to help manage your tax debt and negotiate with the government.
The most popular forms of tax relief in Los Angeles are:
- Payment plans
- Debt reduction
- Penalty abatement
- Tax representation
- Offers in compromise
Eligibility criteria vary from program to program. Contact a licensed tax relief professional in California to discover which programs you qualify for.
If you decide to hire a Los Angeles tax relief company, make sure that they have qualified tax professionals on staff who can represent taxpayers to the IRS, including tax attorneys, certified public accountants and enrolled agents. You should meet face-to-face to discuss the best plan of action for solving your problem before you sign any agreement.
Los Angeles tax relief FAQ
- Can you get tax relief for both California and federal taxes?
- Yes, tax relief programs help people with both state and federal tax debt, but you must meet specific requirements for each type of tax relief program.
- Will the IRS reject my payment plan?
- Possibly. The IRS may refuse a payment plan:
- If you defaulted on a previous payment plan with them
- If collection information was inaccurate or incomplete
- If you failed to file your current tax returns
- If your living expenses are disproportionate to your income
- What are some tips for taking care of my taxes in the future?
- Pay your taxes on time. If it’s a tax debt you can’t afford to pay in full, consider working with a tax relief company in Los Angeles to help choose the right tax relief option.
- How soon should I look for tax relief?
- Seek tax relief if you can’t afford to pay your taxes in full by the time they’re due. Other signs you need tax relief include:
- Owing back taxes
- Accumulating IRS penalties
- Increasing credit card balances
- Missed loan payments
- Paying off one debt with another
- Can I negotiate tax relief on my own?
- You can try, but it's a difficult process and you may not achieve the results you want. If you have a full-time job or manage your own business, you may not have the time or means to pursue tax relief on your own. In addition to saving time, the best tax relief companies in Los Angeles have the experience and expertise to ensure the best possible outcome.
Los Angeles tax relief company information
Hillhurst Tax Group helps individuals and businesses in Los Angeles with IRS and California tax issues. The company has tax attorneys, CPAs and enrolled agents on staff. Hillhurst claims a 94% success rate on offers in compromise, with clients only paying an average 5% of their tax debt. Its four-step tax relief process starts with a free consultation, during which the company screens potential clients to make sure they’ll benefit from its services.
- Address: 2150 Hillhurst Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Phone: (323) 486-3314; (323) 694-9731
- Hours: M - Sun: 6am - 9pm
- Website: hillhursttaxgroup.com
Bismark Tax Inc. employs a dedicated team of tax attorneys and tax professionals ready to defend Los Angeles residents from the IRS and California tax agencies. This firm offers tax relief services such as offers in compromise, installment agreements, innocent spouse relief and tax penalty abatement. Besides tax solutions, Bismark Tax also provides audit representation services.
- Address: 7083 Hollywood Blvd., 5th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90028
- Phone: (213) 545-1644
- Hours: M - Sun: 7am - 7pm
- Website: bismarktax.com
Madison Tax Solutions provides personal and business tax relief. It also offers accounting and bookkeeping services to help small businesses and startups manage their internal finances and stay ahead of government deadlines. If you’ve had issues with tax debt in the past and want to prevent them in the future, consider Madison Tax Solutions.
- Address: 100 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 700, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Phone: (310) 345-8500; (800) 441-2615
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm
- Website: madisontaxsolutions.com
Salazar Income Tax Services specializes in a variety of tax relief programs, including late returns and requests for extensions. Other available tax relief services include help with extensions, late filing, IRS audit assistance, tax payment plans and tax ID numbers. Salazar has experience in local, state, out-of-state, federal, payroll, estate and prior-year tax returns. All services come with a free consultation.
- Address: 6115 Santa Monica Blvd., Ste. G, Los Angeles, CA 90038
- Phone: (323) 856-8888
- Hours: Tax season: M - F: 9am - 8pm; Sat - Sun: 10am - 5pm; Non-tax season: M - F: 10am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm; Sun: By appointment
- Website: salazarservices.com
Leading Tax Group assists Californians with personal and business tax settlements and past-due tax returns. The firm also offers audit and appeals representation when you’re dealing with the IRS, California Department of Tax and Fee Administration, Employee Development Department, Franchise Tax Board or Board of Equalization. Leading Tax Group’s tax attorneys specialize in wage garnishment release, bank levy release and marijuana and cryptocurrency audit and taxation. The tax professionals at Leading Tax Group provide weekly updates to clients until their cases are closed.
- Address: 5901 W. Century Blvd., Ste. 750, Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Phone: (424) 313-5561
- Hours: M - Sat: 7am - 6pm
- Website: leadingtaxgroup.com/los-angeles