Best Tax Relief in Kansas City
Missouri doesn’t have a high tax burden relative to other states, but many people in Kansas City are behind on payment to the state or IRS. Tax relief companies negotiate with the state and IRS to help lessen tax debt. If you need tax relief, find a company with licensed staff and experience with a variety of tax resolutions.
Top 10 Kansas City Tax Relief Companies
|Community Tax||Read 606 Reviews|
Requires a minimum $10,000 tax debt. Initial fees range from $500 to $750. Gives full or partial refunds for services not rendered. Accredited by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Offers free consultations.
|Larson Tax Relief||Read 372 Reviews|
Works with clients who have more than $20,000 in tax debt. Provides a 15-day money-back guarantee. Offers free consultations with a licensed tax pro. Member of NAEA and NATP. Family-owned and operated.
|Anthem Tax Services||Read 117 Reviews|
Requires a minimum $10,000 tax debt. Tax attorneys on staff. Member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and National Association of Tax Professionals. Provides free initial consultation and a 100% money-back guarantee.
|Victory Tax Lawyers, LLP||Read 71 Reviews|
Requires $25,000 tax debt for relief services. Employs tax attorneys on staff. Member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers. Attorney consultation.
|J. David Tax Law LLC||Read 28 Reviews|
Works with clients who owe the IRS $20,000 or more. Provides free initial tax consultations. Employs tax attorneys on staff. Flexible payment plans available.
|Visit Website Toll free number (833) 720-3876|
|Kansas City Center for Tax Relief||Read Expert Review|
Performs a detailed financial assessment to save you the most money. Offers a seven-day free trial and a risk-free, 30-day money-back guarantee. Provides a free initial consultation.
|Kansas City Tax Solutions||Read Expert Review|
Provides affordable tax help to individuals and businesses. Assists with offers in compromise, installment agreements, penalty abatements, levies and garnishments. Licensed in Kansas and Missouri.
|Siegel Tax Law||Read Expert Review|
Provides guidance and support on tax issues. Meets with most clients within one day. Charges a single annual flat fee no matter how complicated the case.
|Tax Relief Pros in Kansas City||Read Expert Review|
Deals with all aspects of tax resolution law. Resolves tax issues while protecting clients from IRS errors. Offers services in Spanish. Employs tax attorneys, CPAs and enrolled agents.
|Tax Resolution Services||Read Expert Review|
Offers personalized solutions from enrolled agents, including offers in compromise, installment agreements, innocent spouse relief and penalty abatements. Outlines client options during a free, confidential consultation.
What should I know about taxes in Missouri?
If you are required to file a federal tax return with the IRS and are a Missouri resident with more than $1,200 of Missouri adjusted gross income or a nonresident with more than $600 of Missouri income, then you need to file an individual state income tax return, according to the Missouri Department of Revenue. Business owners are also required to file state returns for various business taxes.
Individuals and businesses that fail to pay state taxes are charged late penalties and interest by the Missouri Department of Revenue. Failing to pay your tax debt can result in tax liens, wage garnishment, referral to a collection agency or criminal charges.
If you have unfiled or unpaid Missouri taxes and are under pressure from the state, consider contacting a tax relief company in Kansas City. Enrolled agents, tax attorneys and certified public accountants at these businesses have experience helping with all types of tax debt problems and negotiating solutions that bring clients into tax compliance.
Kansas City tax relief FAQ
- Do tax relief companies help with both state and federal taxes?
- Yes, many tax relief companies in Kansas City assist with state and federal tax issues for individuals and businesses.
- How does tax relief work?
- Tax relief companies have tax attorneys, CPAs and enrolled agents who look at the specifics of your case and decide what type of tax relief you may qualify for. There are many types of tax relief, including installment plans, offers in compromise, stopping wage garnishments, lien removals and penalty abatements. Tax relief companies negotiate with the state or IRS for the outcome that’s in your best interest.
- How much does tax relief cost?
- Tax relief costs an average of $2,000 and $5,000. Some cases may only cost several hundred dollars, while others may cost over $10,000. The price of tax relief is based on the complexity of your case, the tax resolution strategy and how much debt you have. Companies may charge a flat fee, an hourly rate or a combination of both.
- How long does tax relief take?
- Tax relief takes anywhere from several weeks to several months or longer, depending on the type of tax relief and the details of your case.
- How do I choose a tax relief company in Kansas City?
- Look for an established tax relief company that has positive reviews from former clients and a staff that includes tax attorneys, CPAs and enrolled agents. Set up an initial consultation, which most companies offer for free, to find out what types of tax relief you may qualify for, how the process works and how much it costs. Some tax relief companies offer a risk-free trial period. Avoid any company that charges a large upfront fee or tells you it can make your tax debt disappear entirely.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Kansas City tax relief company information
Kansas City Tax Solutions customizes a strategy to fit each customer’s tax situation. It has helped Kansas City residents with audits, tax liens, wage garnishments and payroll taxes. The company serves the greater Kansas City metropolitan area and offers a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case.
- Address: 8826 Santa Fe Drive, Ste. 218, Overland Park, KS 66212
- Phone: (913) 491-4357
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: kctaxsolutions.com
Tax Relief Pros connects Kansas City residents with experienced, qualified tax attorneys, CPAs and enrolled agents. The company’s services include removing levies and liens, stopping wage garnishments, filing late tax returns, setting up installment plans and innocent spouse defense. It offers tax relief for individuals and businesses in Kansas City.
- Address: Serves Kansas City residents
- Phone number: (855) 235-0551
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 4pm
- Website: taxreliefpros.org
Tax Resolution Services in Kansas City employs enrolled agents dedicated to helping people with tax problems. Many of its employees are former IRS agents. The company personalizes solutions such as offers in compromise, ending tax levies and garnishments and setting up installment plans. Request a free, confidential consultation by completing a form online.
- Address: 2300 Main St., Ste. 900 Kansas City, MO 64108
- Phone: (816) 221-1424
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: taxresolution.us/kansas-city-mo
The Center for Tax Relief performs a detailed financial assessment of each client’s case and fights for the best resolution with the IRS. The company offers a seven-day trial and a 30-day, money-back satisfaction guarantee. Start by scheduling a free 15-minute phone consultation to learn what programs you may qualify for and how much you’ll pay.
- Address: 753 State Ave., Kansas City, KS 66101
- Phone: (855) 338-1800
- Hours: M - F: 6am - 8pm
- Website: centerfortaxrelief.com
Siegel Tax Law has provided clients with tax debt solutions for 34 years. The firm is licensed to practice tax law in Kansas and Missouri and has expertise in offers in compromise, installment agreements, innocent spouse relief and penalty abatements. Clients are charged an annual flat fee no matter how complicated their case is.
- Address: 3965 W. 83rd St., Ste. 337, Prairie Village, KS 66208
- Phone: (913) 735-4829
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: kscitytaxlawyer.com
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!