Find the Best Tax Relief in Indianapolis, IN
Top 10 Indianapolis Tax Relief Companies
|Read 696 Reviews|
Full-service tax company offering free consultations and debt resolutions. Staffed by attorneys, CPAs and enrolled agents. Has worked with over 65,000 clients and resolved $60 million in tax debt. Minimum $10,000 debt required.
Larson Tax Relief
|Read 442 Reviews|
Represents individuals, businesses and nonprofits with state and federal tax issues in all 50 states. Requires a minimum of $20,000 in tax debt. Offers a 15-day money-back guarantee. Contact for a free tax evaluation.
Fortress Tax Relief
|Read 143 Reviews|
Works with individuals and businesses to resolve federal and state tax issues nationwide. Each case is handled by an attorney. Offers free consultations and a customer satisfaction guarantee. Minimum of $15,000 in debt required.
Victory Tax Lawyers, LLP
|Read 83 Reviews|
Serves individual and corporate clients with simple to complex tax problems. All attorneys have at least 10 years of experience. Request a free attorney consultation. Minimum of $25,000 tax debt required. Charges flat fees.
Anthem Tax Services
|Read 197 Reviews|
Represents clients with at least $10,000 in tax debt. Provides a 100% money-back guarantee if your tax situation doesn’t improve. Offers online resources and free consultations. Helps customers in all 50 states.
J. David Tax Law LLC
|Read 42 Reviews|
Provides customized tax solutions for individuals and businesses with a minimum of $20,000 in tax debt. Only tax attorneys work on cases. Sets up flexible payment plans to make relief affordable. Free no-obligation consultation.
|American National Tax Relief||Read Author Review|
Researches your tax history, analyzes your current financial situation and negotiates the best possible deal with the IRS. Common solutions include offers in compromise and installment agreements.
|Ebbinghouse Law Group LLC||Read Author Review|
Helps people settle debt with the IRS. Focuses on debts of $20,000 or more. Answers common tax relief questions with a free video series on website. Members of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers.
|Internal Tax Resolution of Indianapolis||Read Author Review|
Keeps clients up-to-date. Helps ensure a positive result to tax resolutions. Employs IRS tax attorneys, tax lawyers, certified public accountants and enrolled agents.
|Tax Relief Systems Indianapolis||Read Author Review|
Guarantees solutions for issues ranging from business payrolls to tax returns. Specializes in helping first-time homeowners and low-income Indianapolis residents. Members of the Business Consumer Alliance.
Indianapolis tax relief options
Your tax relief options vary based on how much you owe, how long you've been in negative standing with the IRS and your current ability to repay the amount. Understanding all the potential tax relief options helps you choose the tax relief company that works best for you.
Offer in compromise
An offer in compromise lets you settle your tax debt for less than you owe. Qualifying for this type of tax relief depends on:
- Your ability to pay
- Your current income
- Your current expenses
- Your asset equity
If approved, you have two options to pay your back taxes: submit an initial payment of 20% of the total amount with the remaining balance due in five installments or submit your initial application and continue to pay the balance in monthly installments. The IRS does not consider you for an offer in compromise if you are in an open bankruptcy proceeding or if you have not filed all required tax returns and have not made any required estimated payments.
Some Indianapolis taxpayers find themselves in a one-time situation where they failed to file or pay their taxes. A penalty abatement waives the fines associated with these issues. This solution can typically be used only once in a taxpayer's financial history. A penalty abatement is designed to reward taxpayers for having a clean record and offer a level of flexibility for a one-time mistake. To qualify, Indianapolis residents must have:
- Filed all required returns
- Paid or arranged to pay all taxes due
- Not been previously penalized
The IRS has a variety of ways to collect tax debt, but tax relief companies can dispute or appeal some rulings. Some of the collection actions subject to appeal include:
- A Notice of Federal Tax Lien (NFTL)
- A levy against your bank accounts or other property
- A levy on your wages (wage garnishment)
Innocent spouse relief
If your spouse has improperly reported items or omitted details on your tax return without your knowledge, you can file for innocent spouse relief. Innocent spouse relief frees you from responsibility for paying the tax, interest and penalties associated with their omissions.
If you do not agree with an IRS assessment, you have the option to file an administrative appeal. These appeals require a hearing, some of which can be conducted by mail, telephone or in-person. Assessments of $25,000 or more require a formal written protest. After you submit your request for an administrative review, you typically have 60 days to prepare for a hearing. While the process can seem overwhelming without assistance from a tax professional, Indianapolis residents who appeal their tax returns can see their total dollar amount owed reduced by up to 40%.
Indianapolis tax relief FAQ
If you need assistance with tax debt, an Indianapolis tax relief professional may be able to help. Before you hire anyone to help relieve this financial burden, however, it's essential to ask the right questions. Here are five of the most common questions that Indianapolis residents ask when considering tax relief.
- What happens if I don’t pay federal taxes?
- If you do not file your federal taxes, you could face a failure-to-file penalty. Failure-to-file penalties are typically 5% of your unpaid taxes every month until you file your tax return. If you file your taxes but don't pay them, you'll face a failure-to-pay penalty, which is usually 0.5% of your taxes per month until payment is received, plus interest. Other, more severe consequences for not paying your taxes include:
- Having a lien put on your house
- Having your passport revoked
- Having your property seized
- Being charged with tax evasion
For these reasons, it’s essential to take care of unfiled and unpaid taxes as quickly as possible.
- Can the IRS refuse a payment plan?
- Yes. Payment plans that allow you to spread out tax payments over time are a popular form of tax relief, but the IRS can deny them. Some reasons for having a payment plan rejected include:
- You previously had a payment plan with the IRS and did not pay
- You're still paying debt from a previous year
- The payment plan goes beyond their specific payment deadline
- The IRS determines your living expenses are excessive
Tax relief professionals can often find the answers to questions or concerns you may have, like a rejected payment plan.
- What is the IRS Fresh Start program?
- The IRS Fresh Start program makes it easier for business owners and individuals to pay back taxes and avoid tax liens. To qualify for this initiative, you must file any missing file tax returns. You also have to be up to date with your estimated tax payments. The Fresh Start Program helps taxpayers by offering lien release requests, penalty abatement and installment agreements.
- How can the IRS help me with tax debt?
- If you find yourself in a situation where you cannot pay taxes, the IRS has programs and guidelines in place to make it easy for you, such as an offer in compromise. If you are eligible, an offer in compromise gives you a few alternative methods to pay back your taxes, including a lump sum of 20% of the total offer amount or periodic payment options. A tax relief company can help you submit an offer in compromise to the IRS.
- How urgently should I seek tax relief?
- It’s best to seek tax relief as soon as possible, especially if you have several years of unfiled taxes. Acting sooner means you can avoid penalties and lower the interest you owe. If you owe more than you can realistically pay, tax relief companies may be able to lighten this financial burden. If you’re being audited by the IRS, you may be in over your head when it comes to your federal and Indiana state taxes and can benefit from the professional services of a tax relief company in Indianapolis.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Indianapolis tax relief company information
American National Tax Relief helps with all the critical components of legal tax release. Its services include analyzing your eligibility for an offer in compromise, setting up installment plans and helping you obtain a Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien.
- Address: 3043 S. Keystone Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46237
- Phone: (317) 782-4204
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: irsfree.net
Tax Relief Systems has created a tax relief system to help you reach a successful tax settlement. The company offers same-day IRS wage and bank levy releases. It specializes in assisting first-time homeowners, low-income workers and those who are unemployed. A tax professional handles all services after an initial consultation. Tax Relief Systems handles business payroll, audit representation, wage garnishment and late tax returns. It is a member of the Business Consumer Alliance.
- Address: 3613 Fieldmint Court, Indianapolis, IN 46235
- Phone: (877) 829-0040
- Hours: M - Sat: 6am - 6pm
- Website: taxreliefsystems.net
Internal Tax Resolution offers affordable monthly fees. It provides free consultations to discuss your particular tax situation and create a strategy to find a quick resolution. If you need access to a specific IRS form, there’s a section on the company’s website dedicated to authorized forms and contracts.
- Address: 201 N. Illinois St., 16th Floor, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Phone: (317) 564-9876
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 6pm
- Website: internaltaxresolution.com
Ebbinghouse Law Group is run by two local Indianapolis brothers passionate about tax relief. It offers a free report entitled “What does the IRS know about me?” on the company’s website. The company is a member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers and has been helping Indianapolis residents recover from overwhelming tax issues for decades.
- Address: 320 N. Meridian St., #908, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Phone: (317) 635-4010
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: thetaxsolvers.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.