Forest River is recalling 4,203 of the following vehicles equipped with Dometic 3 burner cooking stoves:
- Model year 2019 Coachmen Chaparrals and Shastas,
- Model year 2019-2020 Coachmen Concords and Orions,
- Model year 2020-2021 Coachmen Cross Treks and Forest River Berkshires,
- Model year 2019-2021 Coachmen Freelanders, Leprechauns and Prisms,
- Model year 2020 Coachmen Miradas, Pursuits & Sportscoaches, Dynamax Forces, DX3s, Dynaquest XLs and Isataas & Forest River Wildwoods, and
- Model year 2008 and 2020 Forest River Salems.
The saddle valve securing bolt may be overtightened, possibly damaging the o-ring seal and causing a continuous gas leak that can increase the risk of a fire.
What to do
Forest River will notify owners, and dealers will install a remedy kit of gaskets, washers, thread locker bolts, and two round orange labels free of charge.
The recall is expected to begin January 2, 2021.
Owners may contact Forest River customer service at (574) 825-4995, or Dometic customer service at (574) 293-0681. Forest River's number for this recall is 51-1259.