TenPoint CrossBow Technologies of Mogadore, Ohio, is recalling about 127,000 TenPoint and Wicked Ridge crossbows.
After the safety has been re-engaged, the crossbows can fire under certain circumstances if a consumer pulls the trigger, posing an injury hazard.
The company has received 19 reports of arrows releasing from the crossbows when the consumer pulled the trigger under certain circumstances after the safety mechanism was re-engaged. There have been no reported injuries.
This recall involves 9 models of 2 brands of crossbows that can be identified by their serial numbers, which are located on the left side of the barrel of the crossbow below the trigger box.
The TenPoint or Wicked Ridge brand name is printed on both sides of the crossbow barrel on all models except the GT Flex. The model name appears on both sides of the stock on all models. The GT Flex crossbows are black. The other affected models are camouflage patterns. One TenPoint Titan Extreme model crossbow and one Wicked Ridge Warrior HL model crossbow were specially produced in black, rather than the camouflage pattern that is standard for those models.
The following crossbows, manufactured from 2011 to 2014, are being recalled:
Serial Number Range
TenPoint Shadow Ultra-Lite:
- Model numbers C14018-7521 and C14018-7522
TenPoint Turbo XLT II:
- Model Numbers C12020-4920, C12020-4521, and C12020-4522
TenPoint Titan Extreme:
- Model Numbers C12047-6520, C12047-6521, C12047-6522, C13047-1912, and C13047-5312
TenPoint Maverick HP:
- Model Numbers C11055-3000, C11055-3521, C11055-3522, C11055-6000, C11055-6520, C11055-6521, and C11055-6522
TenPoint GT Flex:
- Model Numbers C08066-3000, C08066-3420, C08066-3421, C08066-3422, C08066-3430, C08066-3431, C08066-3432, C14066-1000, C14066-1330, C14066-1331, and C14066-1332
TenPoint Phantom CLS-S:
- Model numbers C10003-4211, C10003-4212, C10003-4221, and C10003-4222
Wicked Ridge Raider CLS:
- Model numbers WR1221.6230, WR1221.6326, and WR1221.6336
Wicked Ridge Invader HP:
- Model numbers WR1205.6336, WR1205.6436, and WR1205.6446
Wicked Ridge Warrior HL:
- Model numbers WR1215.6330, WR1215.6430, WR1215.6440, and WR1415.1436
The crossbows, manufactured in the U.S., were sold at Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Dunham’s Sports, Gander Mountain, MC Sports, other hunting and sporting goods stores nationwide; direct sales from TenPoint; and online at Amazon.com, Basspro.com, Cabelas,com, dickssportinggoods.com and other Internet retailers from January 2011, to May 2015, for between $400 and $1,800.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled crossbows, and contact TenPoint for detailed instructions on how to inspect any TenPoint or Wicked Ridge crossbow and instructions on how to receive a free repair, if the crossbow poses an unexpected firing hazard.
Consumers may contact TenPoint Crossbow Technologies at (800) 548-6837 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TenPoint CrossBow Technologies of Mogadore, Ohio, is recalling about 127,000 TenPoint and Wicked Ridge crossbows. After the safety has been re-engaged, th...