Find the Best Tax Relief in Cincinnati, OH
Top 10 Cincinnati Tax Relief Companies
|AUTHORIZED PARTNER Community Tax||Read 699 Reviews|
Full-service tax company offering free consultations and debt resolutions. Staffed by attorneys, CPAs and enrolled agents. Has worked with over 65,000 clients and resolved $60 million in tax debt. Minimum $10,000 debt required.
|AUTHORIZED PARTNER Larson Tax Relief||Read 450 Reviews|
Represents individuals, businesses and nonprofits with state and federal tax issues in all 50 states. Requires a minimum of $10,000 in tax debt. Offers a 15-day money-back guarantee. Contact for a free tax evaluation.
|AUTHORIZED PARTNER Fortress Tax Relief||Read 151 Reviews|
Works with individuals and businesses to resolve federal and state tax issues nationwide. Each case is handled by an attorney. Offers free consultations and a customer satisfaction guarantee. Minimum of $15,000 in debt required.
|AUTHORIZED PARTNER Victory Tax Lawyers, LLP||Read 84 Reviews|
Serves individual and corporate clients with simple to complex tax problems. All attorneys have at least 10 years of experience. Request a free attorney consultation. Minimum of $25,000 tax debt required. Charges flat fees.
|AUTHORIZED PARTNER Anthem Tax Services||Read 210 Reviews|
Represents clients with at least $10,000 in tax debt. Provides a 100% money-back guarantee if your tax situation doesn’t improve. Offers online resources and free consultations. Helps customers in all 50 states.
|AUTHORIZED PARTNER J. David Tax Law LLC||Read 45 Reviews|
Provides customized tax solutions for individuals and businesses with a minimum of $20,000 in tax debt. Only tax attorneys work on cases. Sets up flexible payment plans to make relief affordable. Free no-obligation consultation.
|Cincinnati Center for Tax Relief||Read Author Review|
Provides a free seven-day trial and a risk-free 30-day guarantee. Offers free 15-minute phone consultations as well. Helps with bank levies, offers in compromise and IRS collections. Resolves cases in one to five months.
|Gatherwright Freeman & Associates PSC||Read Author Review|
Assists with most major tax concerns. Appeals directly to the IRS on your behalf. Employs tax attorneys, enrolled agents and former IRS staff. Based out of Northern Kentucky.
|Internal Tax Resolution of Cincinnati||Read Author Review|
Employs tax lawyers and enrolled agents. Provides free initial consultations. Member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers. Offers most common tax relief services.
|Strauss Troy||Read Author Review|
Employs multiple tax lawyers to resolve tax relief cases. Offers a proactive, personal approach. Locations in Downtown Cincinnati and Covington, Kentucky.
Cincinnati tax relief options
There are several options for people seeking tax relief in Cincinnati, and a tax relief company can help you choose the best one. Before recommending a course of actions, Cincinnati tax debt relief companies consider:
- The amount you owe
- Your income
- Your expenses
- Any assets you have that can be used to pay off the debt
After evaluating your situation, a tax relief company pursues IRS or Ohio tax relief programs that have the best odds of saving you money. Ask about your qualifications for solutions such as:
- Offers in compromise: If you’re facing significant financial hardships as a result of your tax debt, the IRS and the state of Ohio may settle your debt for less than you owe. The government usually won’t accept a settlement unless it believes you’re unable to pay the full amount.
- Innocent spouse relief: If you were unaware that your spouse made a filing mistake or didn’t pay your shared taxes, innocent spouse relief eliminates your responsibility for the debt.
- Garnishment release: If the IRS or Ohio Department of Taxation has placed a levy on your bank account or wages, they may release it if you make a payment arrangement.
- Penalty abatement: If you were unable to pay your tax debt due to circumstances beyond your control, such as an illness or natural disaster, you could get your late penalties erased.
- Payment plans: If you can’t afford to pay your back taxes in a lump sum, consider establishing payment plans with the IRS and state of Ohio. Terms range from one to six years.
Qualified debt relief companies in Cincinnati save you time and money by working directly with the IRS or state of Ohio to enroll you in these programs. Tax relief programs usually last from two to six months before the case is resolved, although it may take years for you to pay off your tax debt in full.
Ohio state taxes quick facts
Here are a few things to remember when pursuing tax relief in Cincinnati:
- Ohio charges high penalties for unpaid taxes. If you owe a tax debt to the state of Ohio, the government can charge you a late penalty of $50 or 10% of the amount due, whichever is greater. The Department of Taxation can also garnish your bank account or wages to recover the tax debt. It may even place a lien on your home or put it into foreclosure in an attempt to resolve the debt. IRS late penalties are even more severe — the agency can charge up to 25% of your back taxes. If you’re being penalized for your tax debt, pursue tax relief as soon as possible.
- Interest and penalties accrue continuously. Even if you’re making payments on an installment plan, penalties and interest usually still accumulate. Payment plans with terms of up to one year are available through the Ohio Attorney General. For federal taxes, payment plans may extend as long as six years. Consider how much additional debt you’re accruing during these terms and plan accordingly.
- Ohio offers programs to help. Both the IRS and the Ohio Department of Taxation offer debt relief programs, including offers in compromise and penalty abatement. Cincinnati debt relief companies walk you through these options and determine if you qualify. The tax relief firm then helps with your applications and, if necessary, negotiates with the IRS on your behalf.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Cincinnati tax relief company information
Internal Tax Resolution is a national firm with locations across the country, including Cincinnati. It provides free consultations to determine which tax relief program is right for you. Internal Tax Resolution employs licensed tax lawyers, enrolled agents and former IRS employees. The company helps with most tax relief programs, including offers in compromise and innocent spouse relief.
- Address: 8044 Montgomery Road, Ste. 700, Cincinnati, OH 45236
- Phone: (513) 824-8243
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 6pm
- Website: internaltaxresolution.com/locations/tax-problems-cincinnati
Gatherwright Freeman & Associates PSC is a Cincinnati law firm that works directly with the IRS to resolve common tax debt problems. Its staff includes licensed tax attorneys, former IRS employees and enrolled agents. These professionals are familiar with a variety of tax relief programs that can help settle your debt, release levies or garnishments and reduce your penalties and fees.
- Address: 541 Buttermilk Pike, Ste. 103, Crescent Springs, KY 41017
- Phone: (859) 578-3000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: gfalegal.com
Strauss Troy has 10 tax attorneys on staff. These lawyers create personal tax relief plans for each client and work to resolve debt as quickly and efficiently as possible. Strauss Troy has two locations in the Cincinnati metropolitan area.
- Address: 150 E. Fourth St., Ste. 4, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Phone: (513) 621-2120
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: strausstroy.com
The Center for Tax Relief has several locations in Ohio, including one in Cincinnati. Its representatives provide free 15-minute phone consultations, a seven-day trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. It has experience with most tax relief solutions and settles the majority of its cases within five months.
- Address: 1014 Vine St., Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Phone: (888) 972-7231
- Hours: M - F: 6am - 8pm
- Website: ohio.centerfortaxrelief.com/cincinnati
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.