Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) is recalling 3,172 of the following motorcycles:
- Model year 2015-2018 ZX1000s,
- Model year 2018 ZX1002As & ZX1002Bs,
- Model year 2019-2021 ZX1002Ds,
- Model year 2019-2022 ZX1002Js,
- Model year 2020-2023 ZR1000Ks,
- Model year 2021-2022 ZR1000Ls,
- Model year 2022 ZX1002Rs, and
- Model year 2023 ZR1002Ls, which include Ninja H2s, Ninja H2 Carbons, Ninja H2 SXs, Ninja H2 SX SEs, Ninja H2 SX SE+s, Z H2s, & Z H2 SEs.
The plunger in the camshaft chain tensioner may lock, which can result in an engine stall while the bike is being ridden.
An engine stall under such circumstances can increase the risk of a crash or injury.
What to do
Dealers will replace the camshaft chain tensioner free of charge.
Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed December 21, 2022. Owners may contact KMC customer service at (866) 802-9381.