Find the Best Walk-in Tubs in Portland, OR
Top 10 Portland Walk-in Bathtub Companies
|Safe Step Walk-in Tubs|
Read 1,655 Reviews
Sells walk-in tubs and showers. Offers anti-slip flooring, anti-scald technology and waterproof remote. Tubs have contoured, heated seats and backrests. Built-in towel bar. Made in the U.S.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (855) 465-0821|
|American Standard Walk-in Baths|
Read 940 Reviews
Sells walk-in air baths, deep soaking tubs, walk-in whirlpool tubs and combo massage tubs. Tubs have built-in grab bars, two-minute drain times, shower wands and slip-resistant textured floor.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (844) 246-8076|
|Kohler Walk-In Bath|
Read 211 Reviews
Offers walk-in tubs with three-inch step-in. Tubs have interior and exterior handles, hydrotherapy, air jets, fast-drain technology, heated surfaces and custom finishes. Designed and assembled in the U.S.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (833) 497-3523|
|Lowe's Home Improvement|
Read 3,248 Reviews
Lowe’s Home Improvement is a Fortune 500 American chain of retail home improvement and appliance stores. It sells all major brands of tools and paint, as well as replacement electric and plumbing parts.
|BOCA Walk-in Tubs|
Read 166 Reviews
Sells walk-in tubs with 2-inch step-up. Anti-slip flooring and seating, ADA-compliant seat height and self-cleaning designs. Up to 18 air jets and 10 water jets. Bidet option. Quick drain. Left- and right-hand entry options.
|All In One Mobility||Read Expert Review|
Sells easy-to-use, safe and comfortable walk-in tubs from multiple manufacturers. Installs walk-in tubs to replace existing fixtures. Displays 10 different tubs at local showroom. Gives free estimates.
|Cain's Mobility Portland||Read Expert Review|
Experienced with walk-in tub installation. Employs highly trained technicians. Gives quotes over the phone in just a few minutes. Displays gallery of completed projects online.
|DaBella Portland||Read Expert Review|
Manufactures walk-in tubs in the U.S. with nonporous acrylic materials. Includes lifetime limited warranty backing the tub as long as you own your home. Offers financing options. Gives in-person consultations and quotes.
|Miller Home Renovations||Read Expert Review|
Sells walk-in tubs with standard safety and luxury features. Includes a worry-free warranty. Offers several financing options. Gives free, no-obligation in-home estimate. Guarantees all installations.
|NW Tub & Shower||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in bathroom remodeling in Portland, Oregon, with walk-in tub options for different budgets. Completes most projects within a few days. Provides free estimates. Guarantees work. In business since 1986.
About 12% of Portland residents are 65 or older. In Oregon, falls are the leading cause of fatal and nonfatal injuries for this age group, with 1 in 3 older adults falling each year. In neighborhoods like Raleigh Hills and West Slope — where many seniors and retirees live — falling is more prevalent.
Walk-in tubs increase safety and accessibility for seniors and those with disabilities. Walk-in tubs are also beneficial for relaxing and treating symptoms associated with certain illnesses.
Cost of a walk-in tub in Portland, OR
Walk-in tubs in Portland cost anywhere from $1,500 to more than $20,000, depending on the features included. Manufacturers offer options for the type, features, size, shape and color of the tub. The starting cost factor is the type of walk-in tub you choose:
- Soaker walk-in tubs are basic models with standard safety features like nonslip floors, grab bars, built-in seats and swinging doors. They cost $1,500 to $5,000.
- Hydrotherapy walk-in tubs have all the features of soakers plus water jets that provide a massage-like experience. They cost $5,000 to $7,000.
- Combination walk-in tubs have water jets and air jets that give the user greater therapeutic benefits. They cost $7,000 to $10,000.
- Wheelchair-accessible walk-in tubs have a larger entrance, outward-swinging door and specially designed seat. Bariatric tubs are made for larger individuals and have similar characteristics. Both types of tubs cost $5,000 to $10,000.
- Luxury walk-in tubs are typically customized by the buyer and have multiple features. They usually cost from $10,000 to more than $20,000.
Some companies include installation in the cost of a walk-in bathtub, while others have a separate installation charge that's usually $1,500 or less. If the walk-in tub company doesn’t perform the installation, ask if it has a recommended contractor. You can verify a contractor’s license with the state of Oregon online.
Most walk-in tub companies offer financing options to help buyers make affordable monthly payments. Also, inquire about discounts and promotions. The average starting cost of an assisted living community like CherryWood Village or Hawthorne Gardens Senior is around $4,000 a month, so purchasing a walk-in tub that lets you age in place may be a smart investment.
Permits needed in Portland, OR
Installing a walk-in tub in the city of Portland requires a permit. According to the city's website, replacing plumbing fixtures in the same location requires a plumbing permit. If you are adding a bathroom with a walk-in tub to your home, you need a building permit, a plumbing permit and an electrical permit. However, Portland has a Simple Bathroom Permit program for qualified projects that makes the process easier.
Your installation contractor should assist you with the permitting process — ask what permits you need for walk-in tub installation and if the contractor assists in obtaining them. For direct information about permits in the city of Portland, contact the Bureau of Development Services.
Portland walk-in tub FAQ
- Are walk-in tubs covered by Medicare?
- Medicare generally doesn’t cover walk-in tubs because they are not considered durable medical equipment. There may be exceptions in some circumstances. To learn more, call or visit the Medicare website.
- What do walk-in tub typically warranties cover in Portland?
- Walk-in tub warranties cover all components of the walk-in tub, including the door seal, jets, motors and pumps. Warranties also cover the costs of labor for repairs. Read the warranty carefully before making your purchase. Different parts of the tub are likely covered for different lengths of time.
- Can I deduct my walk-in tub purchase on my taxes?
- You may be able to deduct the cost of your walk-in tub if it’s a medical care expense used to mitigate, treat or prevent disease. The IRS has an Interactive Tax Assistant you can use to find if your walk-in tub purchase is tax deductible.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Portland walk-in tub company information
NW Tub & Shower offers walk-in tubs in Portland with guaranteed quality. It emphasizes service, convenience, value and warranty-backed products that range from basic soakers to upgraded models. Fill out an online form or call for a free remodeling estimate.
- Address: 1509 SE 122nd Ave., Ste. F, Portland, OR 97233
- Phone: (503) 451-0642
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: nwtubandshower.com
All In One Mobility sells and installs walk-in tubs designed to fit in the space of an existing tub or shower. Customers can see walk-in tubs from various manufacturers at the company’s showroom, which is located near PDX. Contact All In One Mobility for a free evaluation and estimate.
- Address: 12833 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97230
- Phone: (503) 255-5005
- Hours: M- F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: allinonemobility-shop.com
Cain’s Mobility is an experienced walk-in tub installer in Portland. The company provides over-the-phone quotes in just minutes, according to its website. Go to Cain’s Mobility's website to see pictures of its walk-in tub installations and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Address: 1877 NE Seventh Ave., Portland, OR 97212; Multiple locations
- Phone: (234) 203-0202
- Hours: M - Sat: 7am - 7pm
- Website: oregon.cainsmobility.com/walk-in-bathtubs/portland
DaBella is a dealer of American-made BathWraps, a line of products that includes walk-in tubs made with a nonporous material that’s durable and easy to clean. Start with a free consultation by email, phone or text, then get an in-home estimate. DaBella offers financing options, installation by factory-trained technicians and warranties.
- Address: 3495 NE Aloclek Drive, Hillsboro, OR 97124; Multiple locations
- Phone: (844) 322-3552
- Hours: M - F: 7am - 9pm; Sat: 8am - 5pm
- Website: dabella.us/location/portland
Miller Home Renovations is a local, family-owned and -operated remodeling company that sells affordable walk-in tubs in Portland. Customers can qualify for payment plans with 0% interest on most products. All tubs come with a worry-free guarantee. Check the website for special offers, then fill out a quick online form to get a free, no-obligation estimate.
- Address: 6109 E. 18th St., Ste. A, Vancouver, WA 98661
- Phone: (855) 335-9772
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: millerhomerenovations.net