1.46/5

Need a walk-in bathtub company?

Bathing Solutions

Need a walk-in bathtub company?

Bathing Solutions Reviews

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I posted a review in April this year as to the unacceptable experience we were going through. Our 4/5 day installation is now at day 210 and although the bathroom which has been beset with problems has now been installed, but the bath "pump" is still not working correctly as it starts up and then runs for approximately 5 /10 seconds every day all by itself 15 minutes later than the day before. Bathing Solutions have tried to correct this by changing the "pump" about 6 times now but have been unable to solve the issue. The first of several fitters started the job on 22nd March 2018, and now we are at October 17th and still waiting for the problem to be solved.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My wife has M.S. and cannot walk or stand. We contacted Bathing Solutions to give us a complete new bathroom with a bath that has an integral seat to lift my wife into it. Start date was delayed. The job was programmed for 1 man to take 6 days to install. Day of installation not all the parts were delivered, and 4 working days later the fitter sub-contracted by the company had to source some parts from elsewhere. Electrician, again sub-contracted by the company did not turn up, so electrician from another company engaged.

After 6 days the new bath was brought out of my garage to the house but found to be too wide / heavy to get in either front or rear doors. It was so heavy that 2 men struggled to carry it. After 8 days we have a wash basin and toilet installed. The fitter has now gone on holiday for 2 weeks!! The bath has to be taken back to the factory (company cannot tell me when) so as it can be assembled correctly as it has been welded so as it cannot be dismantled, yet another fault according to the fitter. Here we are already 8 days into a 6 day installation and we only have half a bathroom with NO BATH, Fitter away for his 2 weeks holiday, and Bathing Solutions cannot tell us when they can complete the job.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I had a leaflet through my door and thought of a friend who might appreciate a leaflet too, so I requested on her behalf, assuming a leaflet would be sent as requested. A VERY BIG MISTAKE! These people did not only send a leaflet, but they hounded her constantly. Making me seriously regret giving my friend's details. These people clearly will be dealing with disabled, elderly and generally vulnerable people, so I assumed they would be appropriately respectable; they are, after-all an endorsed trusted trader. Again, A BIG MISTAKE, they abused this position of trustworthiness, and caused considerable annoyance to my friend.

They ignored my friend when she said she didn't want to use their service, and started using the hard sell tactics associated with non-trusted traders. They were so bad, they actually started to research my friend, and when she told them she did not want their services because she was in a council owned property, they actually tried to pressure her into getting them a contract with her Landlord! Never again will I recommend these people, not even for the sake of showing someone what is available. I especially wouldn't recommend this company to any vulnerable person, they are to be avoided at all costs, which is a shame, I had been interested in some future business, but now, well, once bitten.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have Multiple Sclerosis and after horrible experience in bath my GP suggested I Invest in a shower instead to make life easier. I chose Bathing Solutions because I believed what I read in the glossy brochures that they cared about the elderly and people with disabilities and although rather costly I thought I’d be safe going with them...so wrong! Had to call them back on a number of occasions for poor work but the final straw was when I came home to find a leak in my kitchen... the shower was above. I called Bathroom Solutions in desperation and was told I was longer the under guarantee...it was a month over. It was Monday but they could not send anyone until Friday... horrified and frightened I asked for the CEO name but was not given it so eventually called my Insurance who called an emergency plumber who was shocked by what he found having removed a section of the ceiling.

He thought this had been slowly leaking since installation...the joint was not properly firmly connected. I became more ill, I live alone and now undergoing operations on both eyes. How could a company advertising bathrooms suitable for the disabled do this to me...even the light in the bathroom (put in last) has failed and I struggle to see anything. I had to retire on health grounds from Guys Hospital when I was 38 years old... Worked for and with many sick and disabled people before I became one myself. What a sad reflection on society today that one can be simply left in this predicament by a company advertising to have the welfare of disabled people at heart. I would not recommend this company... I have shed many tears over my what should have been lovely bathroom... I don’t want anyone else to suffer in the same way.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We got done a bathroom and the finish around the bath was not done properly. We phone them. They came back and fix it. We got another bath tub and surrounding done by them again. All the finish around the tub came up and the bath tub move when you stand in it. The owner do not want to fix the bath. But he did himself the surrounding (who did not look good after).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bathing Solutions?

Original review: July 3, 2017

The installation from Bathing Solutions was very satisfactory in 2011. I took out an extended warranty for peace of mind £124.95 annually in 2012 and was happy to have but later the name changed to Care in Bathing and not to worry as everything is still the same. Well I have just received a letter from another company with a leaflet inside advertising bathing solutions so I phoned the number on the leaflet and asked them to explain why they are now care in bathing and why they have stopped the extended warranty scheme from 30th June 2017.

The said they would transfer me over to someone who could answer that for me but I gave up hanging on the phone. It seems strange because I thought bathing solutions had ceased trading but the lady on the phone said we have always been called care in bathing. It would be interesting to know if any new customers have been offered an extended warranty because it looks to me that once you items are a certain age you're dumped.

Original review: April 18, 2017

We had a shower unit fitted by this firm in 2016. Initially the surveyor measured up incorrectly but the fitters managed to rectify this to some extent although it didn't end up being exactly as we wanted it because part of the unit ended up blocking part of our window. Last week the shower bar became loose from the wall. We tried to contact Bathing Solutions but they were closed over the Easter weekend. We called them today (immediately after the Easter break) but the person who answered the phone curtly told my husband that the guarantee had run out a few days previously and if they came to repair this there would be a call out fee of £95. Customer service and satisfaction? Not from Bathing Solutions!!

Original review: March 10, 2017

Always wet floor and drainage pipe blocks up due to small diameter. THE SUCTION PUMP CANNOT HANDLE THE DRAINAGE. A gravity drainage system with adequate pipe bore would be better. I have had no problems with gravity drain showers in over 40 years. Bathing Solutions is overpriced rubbish that looks pretty but does not do the job for long. The same failure mode each time implies immature or poor design. They advertise safety and aid for the elderly, well I see them as aiding the elderly to empty their bank accounts.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Had a bathroom installed by these people four years ago. Quite expensive but we thought it a good idea if my disabled mother could shower by herself. The work was completed in three days which was good. Since then a loose tap has leaked and ruined the downstairs kitchen ceiling. The toilet seat is coming apart. There's a horrible musty smell in the bathroom and the shower and pump have broken. It's difficult enough looking after an elderly person with dementia without having all this to deal with!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I had a new bathroom installed for my aging mother which comprised a walk-in bath/shower, wash hand basin, toilet & small hand basin (these were moved to an adjacent room to the bathroom as part of the whole job). Unfortunately my mother doesn't like the bath/shower so, in the 21 months since installation, it has only ever been used once which considering the whole job cost nearly £14,000.00 renders it quite a costly white elephant. The job itself was completed reasonably well, albeit not within the time frame originally quoted, although various final trim items and in particular the flooring were sub-standard. I was surprised that Bathing Solutions never sought any customer feedback upon completion of the job (or at any time since).

Whilst visiting my mother recently and despite the fact that she does not use the bath/shower, I thought that I should check everything was working satisfactorily. Unfortunately I discovered that the raising/lowering of the electrically operated seat in the bath had stopped working on one side. Upon contacting Bathing Solutions I was promised a call back from their customer service department (their direct number is 01527 594218). After four working days of waiting for their call I telephoned them again and, after placing my call on-hold for 11 minutes, finally got to speak to customer service. They advised me that there would be a £95 call-out charge (which would include a whole 30 minutes of labour - BIG DEAL!) and should it proved to be a failure of the rechargeable batteries (as they suspected) a further charge of £57 per battery. I'm not overly impressed either by the overall job and their customer service.

Bathing Solutions Company Information