Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Bathings Solutions is a U.K.-based manufacturer of walk-in tubs. It offers designs for consumers who need powered seating, lie-down options, compact tubs or bariatric tubs. Consumers can customize their tubs with optional massage jet systems, chromotherapy lights and Bluetooth speakers to create a relaxing experience. The company backs all of its walk-in tubs with a 15-year warranty.

BOTTOM LINE

Bathing Solutions offers a wide variety of walk-in tub designs. Each tub is customizable and upgradable for added safety or therapeutic benefits.

PROS

• Compact models
    • Lie-down models
    • 15-year warranty

CONS

• Limited massage features
    • Consultation required for pricing

Top Bathing Solutions Reviews

I was really nervous when I heard that Mum had arranged for a company to quote on updating their bathroom. ...The sales person was pleasant and was more interested in them talking about their struggles than selling anything. ... Mum and Dad were both so pleased.

The gentleman. ...dealt with all issues with grace, patience and sensitivity. ... My father has very high and exacting standards and he is delighted! So I am too. ... So, a big THANK YOU. As a result, my father at now 89 years of age can continue to live an independent and safe life in his bungalow.

About Bathing Solutions walk-in tubs

Bathing Solutions sells walk-in showers, baths and wet rooms for people with disabilities or limited mobility. The company includes a warranty of up to 15 years on parts and installation.

What separates Bathing Solutions from the competition is its fitting process. The company’s specialists conduct a survey to help customers choose the right tub. Technicians then install the walk-in tub in less than a day, depending on the make and model. If you have any questions, Bathing Solutions’ customer service team offers free chat appointments.

Bathing Solutions walk-in bath models

Bathing Solutions offers a variety of models, all of which include an extra-wide door, slip-resistant flooring and thermostatic controls for water temperature.

The Majestic
        The Majestic provides extra space for individuals looking to stretch out. Upgrade options for the Majestic include a bathing screen, seat cushions and water temperature control.
        The Harmony
        The lower door entry on the Harmony makes it a safe option for individuals with limited mobility. This model also has a slip-resistant backrest. Custom options include a seat cushion, a Cosywarm heated seat and a Spatherapy bubble massage system.
        The Renaissance
        The Renaissance is one of Bathing Solutions’ most popular models. This walk-in tub is compact enough to fit in small bathrooms and comes with an inward-swinging door with a seal that is guaranteed for life. Buyers can customize the Renaissance with options like chromotherapy lights, bathing screens and Cosywarm heated seats.
        Serene
        Individuals looking for a more typical bathing experience might prefer full-length bathing using the Serene. This model includes powered seats with back support that lower and recline with a remote handset. Its inward-swinging glass door secures with an electromagnetic lock, making the Serene the most technologically advanced tub Bathing Solutions offers. Customers can also personalize it with TouchTap controls that fill the tub with the press of a button.
        The Royale
        The Royale is optimal for full-length bathing because of its temperature control, “P” shape and optional heated seat that raises or lowers the bather into the tub. Buyers can also customize their Royale with a “P”-shaped bath shower screen, chromotherapy lights and Spatherapy features.
        The Serenity
        Individuals who have limited upper body function or anxiety about getting in and out of their tub often choose the Serenity. Bathing Solutions’ lifetime seal guarantee covers this model’s inward-swinging door, and the slip-resistant powered seat is removable, which lets you use the Serenity as a standard bath. Buyers can also equip the Serenity with a battery backup to ensure it stays operable during a power outage.
        The Independence
        The Independence’s leg lifter helps transfer users to and from its powered chair. The slip-resistant seat moves up, down and from side to side to hoist users with limited mobility. This tub is ideal for full-length bathing, and users can customize it with a shower canopy and thermostat-controlled faucets.
        The Minuette
        Bathing Solutions’ Minuette is a compact walk-in tub with an outward-swinging door and slip-resistant seating. It’s ideal for smaller spaces and has add-on options like a shower screen, seat cushion, Cosywarm heated seat and Spatherapy features.
        The Petite
        Like the Minuette, Bathing Solutions designed the Petite for smaller bathrooms. It also boasts an inward-swinging door and a low entry step. Options like lever- or X-head taps, a temperature control system and a Cosywarm heated seat make the Petite a nice option for bathers in need of a space-saving solution.

Bathing Solutions walk-in tub accessories and other products

Luxury add-ons like Spatherapy bubble massage, chromotherapy lights with up to seven color options, Cosywarm heated seats and the Echo Bluetooth sound therapy system make Bathing Solutions a good option for individuals looking to customize their walk-in bathtubs. Bathing Solutions also offers comfortable toilet seating with its X-Comfort range.

Bathing Solutions also offers accessories and other products to increase the safety of its walk-in tubs. It sells multiple types of grab bars and safety rails, including integrated riser grab bars and two-in-one towel rail/grab bars.

Bathing Solutions prices

Bathing Solutions' prices start at around $4,600 for basic walk-in tub models. Expect to pay more for additional spa features, such as chromotherapy lights or heated seats, and unique designs, including the Serene or the Royale.

You can learn the exact cost after Bathing Solutions factors in your bathroom size and construction during an in-home consultation. Bathing Solutions’ prices include installation service, but customers can opt out of installation to save money.

Bathing Solutions FAQ

What kind of warranty does Bathing Solutions offer for walk-in tubs?
        Bathing Solutions offers a warranty on parts and installation for up to 15 years.
        How does the installation process work with Bathing Solutions?
        Bathing Solutions uses a survey for its installation process. As part of your free appointment, a bathing specialist helps you choose the right tub. Bathing Solutions’ installers then set up your tub in as little as one day.
        What is Bathing Solutions’ Price Promise?
        Bathing Solutions offers to match its competitors’ pricing on identical products and services.

Do we recommend Bathing Solutions walk-in tubs?

Bathing Solutions is a good option for anyone with mobility issues or disabilities who is in need of a safe walk-in tub. However, Bathing Solutions best serves consumers who have unconventional space or support needs because of its accessories and designs, such as lie-down tubs and compact models. Though its pricing isn’t readily available, customers receive an exact quote after a visit from a Bathing Solutions agent.

Bathing Solutions Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

In November 2018 I was sold a wet room specifically designed for my severely disabled daughter, with works agreed to commence in February 2019. I paid almost £14,000 but Bathing Solutions did not supply and fit the agreed wet room and their multiple attempts to complete the installation by repairing or replacing in order to correct their mistakes, has still resulted in me being left with faulty goods and poor workmanship almost twelve months on.

Instead of only permitting Bathing Solutions one opportunity to repair or replace as the Consumer Rights Act advise, I allowed SIX different employees to try and complete works to a safe and reasonable standard. I have also incurred consequential losses because of the need to fix my airing cupboard and ceiling, due to the damage they caused when the initial installation took place.

The Compliance, Transformation & Integration Director, has acknowledged fault in writing but ignored my statutory rights and insisted on yet ANOTHER inspection taking place before issuing a refund. I’ve lost count of how many inspections, reports, repairs and replacements my bathroom has been put through. I can no longer rearrange my cancer clinics in order to accommodate yet another pointless appointment. The fault lies with the trader and by law, it should not inconvenience the consumer.

Be very careful when trusting good reviews with regard to Bathing Solutions, as a quick shout out on social media has resulted in several customers contacting me about their bad experience and how their reviews get reported or removed despite them being able to prove authenticity. Something I have had my own experience with when attempting to review this particular trader. I have passed this information on to a Consumer Rights Journalist who is better equipped to research this matter in more detail.

I feel deeply sorry for elderly or vulnerable customers who can not fight for their rights in the same way I can for my disabled daughter. Had she paid for this herself, she would have excepted the faulty goods and below standard service, simply due to the fact she was physically unable to make sure Bathing Solutions were held accountable.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We were very pleased when our wet room was installed in June 2018. But after 9 months the floor started to disintegrate the shower side of the glass screen. We reported it and a rep viewed it and brought samples of new flooring to replace it. However he brought samples that could not be used in a wet room. So he came back with more samples and we selected an alternative. When the flooring was finally delivered, however, the initially chosen one that is not suitable, was delivered.

A fitter arrived to fit it only to tell us the floor had not been fitted correctly in the first place and water has got in behind and underneath the floor which is why it has disintegrated. He also explained that if he attempted to remove the flooring, the leveler beneath it would come away, leaving the replacement very uneven. To replace it would therefore take a lot longer than the time he had been allocated for the job. He also said the delivered flooring was totally unsuitable and too dangerous to use. Then this week a rubbish truck arrived to collect the debris from the replacement that had not even taken place.

On Tuesday we had a voice mail to arrange for a different fitter to come. When we rang to speak to them, the receptionist was not even aware that the rep had visited a second time and that a more suitable flooring had been chosen and supposedly ordered. We asked if someone could come and sort this mess out for us, but despite multiple phone calls and messages left, no-one from Bathing Solutions has rung us back and we are now at a loss to know what to do next.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I posted a review in April this year as to the unacceptable experience we were going through. Our 4/5 day installation is now at day 210 and although the bathroom which has been beset with problems has now been installed, but the bath "pump" is still not working correctly as it starts up and then runs for approximately 5 /10 seconds every day all by itself 15 minutes later than the day before. Bathing Solutions have tried to correct this by changing the "pump" about 6 times now but have been unable to solve the issue. The first of several fitters started the job on 22nd March 2018, and now we are at October 17th and still waiting for the problem to be solved.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My wife has M.S. and cannot walk or stand. We contacted Bathing Solutions to give us a complete new bathroom with a bath that has an integral seat to lift my wife into it. Start date was delayed. The job was programmed for 1 man to take 6 days to install. Day of installation not all the parts were delivered, and 4 working days later the fitter sub-contracted by the company had to source some parts from elsewhere. Electrician, again sub-contracted by the company did not turn up, so electrician from another company engaged.

After 6 days the new bath was brought out of my garage to the house but found to be too wide / heavy to get in either front or rear doors. It was so heavy that 2 men struggled to carry it. After 8 days we have a wash basin and toilet installed. The fitter has now gone on holiday for 2 weeks!! The bath has to be taken back to the factory (company cannot tell me when) so as it can be assembled correctly as it has been welded so as it cannot be dismantled, yet another fault according to the fitter. Here we are already 8 days into a 6 day installation and we only have half a bathroom with NO BATH, Fitter away for his 2 weeks holiday, and Bathing Solutions cannot tell us when they can complete the job.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I had a leaflet through my door and thought of a friend who might appreciate a leaflet too, so I requested on her behalf, assuming a leaflet would be sent as requested. A VERY BIG MISTAKE! These people did not only send a leaflet, but they hounded her constantly. Making me seriously regret giving my friend's details. These people clearly will be dealing with disabled, elderly and generally vulnerable people, so I assumed they would be appropriately respectable; they are, after-all an endorsed trusted trader. Again, A BIG MISTAKE, they abused this position of trustworthiness, and caused considerable annoyance to my friend.

They ignored my friend when she said she didn't want to use their service, and started using the hard sell tactics associated with non-trusted traders. They were so bad, they actually started to research my friend, and when she told them she did not want their services because she was in a council owned property, they actually tried to pressure her into getting them a contract with her Landlord! Never again will I recommend these people, not even for the sake of showing someone what is available. I especially wouldn't recommend this company to any vulnerable person, they are to be avoided at all costs, which is a shame, I had been interested in some future business, but now, well, once bitten.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bathing Solutions?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have Multiple Sclerosis and after horrible experience in bath my GP suggested I Invest in a shower instead to make life easier. I chose Bathing Solutions because I believed what I read in the glossy brochures that they cared about the elderly and people with disabilities and although rather costly I thought I’d be safe going with them...so wrong! Had to call them back on a number of occasions for poor work but the final straw was when I came home to find a leak in my kitchen... the shower was above. I called Bathroom Solutions in desperation and was told I was longer the under guarantee...it was a month over. It was Monday but they could not send anyone until Friday... horrified and frightened I asked for the CEO name but was not given it so eventually called my Insurance who called an emergency plumber who was shocked by what he found having removed a section of the ceiling.

He thought this had been slowly leaking since installation...the joint was not properly firmly connected. I became more ill, I live alone and now undergoing operations on both eyes. How could a company advertising bathrooms suitable for the disabled do this to me...even the light in the bathroom (put in last) has failed and I struggle to see anything. I had to retire on health grounds from Guys Hospital when I was 38 years old... Worked for and with many sick and disabled people before I became one myself. What a sad reflection on society today that one can be simply left in this predicament by a company advertising to have the welfare of disabled people at heart. I would not recommend this company... I have shed many tears over my what should have been lovely bathroom... I don’t want anyone else to suffer in the same way.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We got done a bathroom and the finish around the bath was not done properly. We phone them. They came back and fix it. We got another bath tub and surrounding done by them again. All the finish around the tub came up and the bath tub move when you stand in it. The owner do not want to fix the bath. But he did himself the surrounding (who did not look good after).

Original review: July 3, 2017

The installation from Bathing Solutions was very satisfactory in 2011. I took out an extended warranty for peace of mind £124.95 annually in 2012 and was happy to have but later the name changed to Care in Bathing and not to worry as everything is still the same. Well I have just received a letter from another company with a leaflet inside advertising bathing solutions so I phoned the number on the leaflet and asked them to explain why they are now care in bathing and why they have stopped the extended warranty scheme from 30th June 2017.

The said they would transfer me over to someone who could answer that for me but I gave up hanging on the phone. It seems strange because I thought bathing solutions had ceased trading but the lady on the phone said we have always been called care in bathing. It would be interesting to know if any new customers have been offered an extended warranty because it looks to me that once you items are a certain age you're dumped.

Original review: April 18, 2017

We had a shower unit fitted by this firm in 2016. Initially the surveyor measured up incorrectly but the fitters managed to rectify this to some extent although it didn't end up being exactly as we wanted it because part of the unit ended up blocking part of our window. Last week the shower bar became loose from the wall. We tried to contact Bathing Solutions but they were closed over the Easter weekend. We called them today (immediately after the Easter break) but the person who answered the phone curtly told my husband that the guarantee had run out a few days previously and if they came to repair this there would be a call out fee of £95. Customer service and satisfaction? Not from Bathing Solutions!!

Original review: March 10, 2017

Always wet floor and drainage pipe blocks up due to small diameter. THE SUCTION PUMP CANNOT HANDLE THE DRAINAGE. A gravity drainage system with adequate pipe bore would be better. I have had no problems with gravity drain showers in over 40 years. Bathing Solutions is overpriced rubbish that looks pretty but does not do the job for long. The same failure mode each time implies immature or poor design. They advertise safety and aid for the elderly, well I see them as aiding the elderly to empty their bank accounts.

Bathing Solutions Company Information