Find Walk-In Bathtubs partners near you
About American Tubs
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
American Tubs is a walk-in tub company that specializes in products for older people and those with limited mobility. The company’s walk-in tubs come standard with safety features but are customizable with therapeutic and luxury options. They come in various sizes, including standard, compact, extra wide, extra deep and wheelchair accessible.
Find Walk-In Bathtubs partners near you
- Designed for safety and security
- Numerous sizes available
- Several therapy system options
- No published prices
- Restrictive warranties
American Tubs’ walk-in tubs are for people who want more safety and relaxation while bathing. Optional features, like therapy systems, cost extra, but you’ll have to get a free in-home estimate to find out how much.
American Tubs safety features
American Tubs’ walk-in tubs have ADA-compliant designs that may include:
- Two safety bars
- 6-inch entry thresholds
- Anti-slip floors
- Fast-fill faucets
- Watertight vinyl door seals
- Leak-resistant door drains
- Inward- or outward-swinging doors
- Secondary emergency toe-touch drains
- Hurry drains
- Bathing support harnesses
- Safety U-bars
American Tubs therapeutic system features
American Tubs makes it easier to feel better while bathing with optional therapeutic features like:
- 10 adjustable water jets
- 20 adjustable air jets
- MicroBubble systems
- Aromatherapy systems
- Chromotherapy systems
- Jets for feet and leg massages
- Bidet hygiene jets
- Heated seats
- Quiet Syllent pumps
American Tubs prices
American Tubs doesn’t disclose its prices online. However, its website states that, in general, walk-in tubs cost between $3,000 to $26,000 without installation. It also claims that the bottom of that price range is reserved for low-end models. While it’s possible to glean some insights from this info, you’re better off getting an estimate if you’re seriously considering buying from American Tubs.
The company offers free in-home estimates as well as down payment and financing options to make choosing and installing your tub more affordable. American Tubs doesn’t give over-the-phone estimates.
An American Tubs walk-in tub may also require home modifications. You may need to upgrade your plumbing and water heater to help keep up with the tub’s capacity. You’ll also need to add a dedicated 15-amp breaker with GFCI grounding if you opt for therapy systems that contain electrical components.
American Tubs FAQ
- Does an American Tubs walk-in tub come with a warranty?
- On its warranty page, American Tubs says it provides a limited lifetime warranty on the tub shell, frame and fixtures; a 10-year warranty on the gelcoat bathtub finish; and a five-year warranty on the motors, tubing plastic fittings and more. These warranties will decrease if you use your tub in a commercial or institutional setting, though.
- Does Medicare cover the cost of an American Tubs walk-in tub?
- Generally not. Typically, Medicare only provides reimbursement for walk-in tub costs when they are an absolute medical necessity.
- Will American Tubs install my new tub?
- Yes. American Tubs works with licensed professionals who remove and discard your old tub and then fit, install and assemble your new one in one to two days.
- Does American Tubs offer multiple walk-in tub sizes?
- Yes, it has five series of bathtubs:
- A “Compact” series for petite users up to 120 pounds
- A “Standard” series for bathers up to 200 pounds
- An “Extra Deep” series for users over six feet tall
- An “Extra Wide” series for those wanting a complete immersion experience
- A “Wheelchair” series for wheelchair users
Do we recommend American Tubs?
American Tubs is a legitimate walk-in tub company. Its tubs have several therapeutic and luxury features available, and they come in various sizes. American Tubs doesn’t list prices online, but in-home estimates are free and financing options are available. Overall, American Tubs is a worthwhile option to consider for your walk-in tub purchase.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
American Tubs Company Information
- Company Name:
- American Tubs
- City of Industry
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.