Consumer Reviews and Complaints
We're a facility that has elderly people who are still capable of doing a good number of things for themselves but need some assistance. These elderly people hve been able to use Spirit tub and many of them did it for the first time by themselves. It's been a very, very positive experience for the sisters. The workmanship is very, very good. When they came, they didn't take too long and they cleaned up everything that they took apart. When they left, it was ready to be used and we've been using it ever since. I've been more than satisfied so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Spirit Walk-in Tubs is just fine. Their sales representatives were courteous and friendly. My favorite feature is that it's easy to get in and out. I would recommend Spirit to a friend who was interested in purchasing a walk-in tub.
I certainly would recommend Spirit. The sales guy I talked to was very professional, honest, and easy to work with. I had no problems.
I went online and I found the Spirit Walk-in bathtubs here, right here in St. Louis. I first had Premier because it's advertised on the television, and they came and their price was outrageous and the step up was too high because my daughter is handicapped. I just called Spirit, set up the installation, and then they came. They were very cooperative. They even went down to Lowes and helped me get the material so they could go ahead and finish because originally I had said just the bathtub and then I realized we needed the whole bathroom. It was wonderful.
My special needs daughter was very sick. She hadn't ever sat in the bathtub since she was a little girl. She's now 44. It was so good for her. Even today she goes in and sings. That bathtub really helped her to get well. I love using it too. It was expensive but it was worth every penny. I encourage people, especially the elderly and those that can't get around well to get it. You know we went to a hotel last week and then I realized how hard it was for my daughter to get in and out of a regular bathtub. It gives her the independence of being able to bathe herself.
At first, I thought the price Spirit gave me was outrageous and I don't know if I can afford that. I got into it after a guy gave me a price range. The sales rep explained everything about all this and that, so I knew when he explained it that that's what I wanted. Then the installer didn't take long to install it. Our tub was cement so I really love this. I had back surgery and I feel good having it although the feeling doesn't last.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spirit Walk In Tubs?
- 719,335 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I was referred to Spirit Walk-In Tubs by another contractor. When I gave the sales representative a call, he came out and met with me and my customer, brought a video out, spoke with him and me at the same time. Then from there, I ordered the tub from him and he delivered the tub and actually stayed around for a couple hours to make sure everything was going good. He not only sold it to me, but he actually stuck around for a while and helped us out on it since I installed it myself. These Spirit tubs' locking mechanism is so much better than the other one I've installed before from a different company. The step-up height is so much less than the other tubs so for the elderly customers I have, it makes it so much easier for them to get in and out.
Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor
Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.
More about Shelley→
Spirit Walk-In Tubs is a small, locally-owned company serving the St. Louis, Missouri and Springfield, Illinois areas. They offer American-made walk-in bathtubs along with installation services and are dedicated to customer service and a personalized experience.
- Standard features: Each Spirit Walk-in tub comes with standard features like heated seats, hand-held shower heads, air and water jets, a marine gelcoat finish and a lifetime warranty.
- Small company size and personal service: Spirit Walk-in Tubs is a relatively small company servicing St. Louis and towns within a 150-mile radius. This smaller-scale operation means that the company can provide personal service to its clients.
- Competitive pricing: Spirit Walk-in Tubs keeps their prices competitive. The company lists the prices of its tubs alongside the prices of their competitors’ to make sure you can see where you can save money.
- Low threshold: Walk-in tubs with a threshold of 2 ½ inches are available. This low step-in makes entry and exit much safer than the higher thresholds of other tubs.
- Free quotes and professional installation: Customer service representatives give free quotes over the phone. Spirit Walk-in Tubs also has a devoted team of customer service professionals to install new tubs.
- Best for senior citizens, individuals with limited mobility, people suffering from chronic pain and those considering aging-in-place features.
Compare Walk-In Bathtubs
Spirit Walk-In Tubs Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Spirit Walk In Tubs
- 1550 Ontario Dr
- Postal Code:
- United States