2. Elder Care

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

About AmeriGlide

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

AmeriGlide Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?

Original review: July 9, 2021

I was deceived at every turn by this company. I purchased a chair on Dec 8, 2020 for my mother to use in our home when she was released from rehab center. I paid for Ameriglide professional installation. Installation happened 30 days after purchase, but the unit has never once worked. I had to wait for warranty replacement of parts. First replacement parts that didn't work came in 3 weeks, second replacement parts that didn't work came in 4 months (May 31, 2021.) My mother passed away before we ever received a working unit. All my calls for help have been ignored. I was shocked that a company with this sort of brand recognition is this awful. Another greedy company preying on elderly customers...

Original review: June 26, 2021

Other than taking way longer to get here. In different days. Not all at once. Plus the idiots who ship the stuff from Raleigh don't check their work and typed my zip wrong sending these boxes to somewhere Indiana! Now been over a month of just trying to get the shipping refunded. Should be a easy one when it was their screw up. Just shop somewhere else. The people who work there suck all together.

Get buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2021

I have been talking to this company for several months with intention to purchase once the project got to that point. I was ready in December 2020 so on December 17, 2020 I sent a cashiers check for the full purchase amount. I heard nothing from them after that. I contacted them just before the first of the year, 2021. The salesman told me my checked bounced, a complete fabrication. They presented my cashiers check twice, the first presentation my bank paid the check.

The second presentation was of course denied due to completion of the first transaction. The bank verified the payment with a letter signed by an officer of the bank. They lied and have my money! I have a copy of the paid cashiers check showing the transaction. Their bank sent me a letter upon my inquiry of the transaction. Their bank verified that the check was deposited into Ameriglide's account in full thus proving that the sales person lied about the payment. This company is a total fraud and steals from senior citizens and veterans. I have filed a formal complaint with DOJ of North Carolina.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

When the stairlift arrived, the installer discovered it was missing an important part (a swivel plate). He notified AmeriGlide, as did we. More than a month has gone past and there is no sign that the part has even been ordered. Phone calls get passed around from one employee to another. They promise to call back but never do. The installation department never answers the phone and never responds to his voicemail. Buying from Ameriglide was an expensive mistake.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

My 90 yr. old mother needs to move is ASAP. We ordered a chairlift. It took three weeks to get here in multiple boxes. Husband contacted co for tech rep. The man was rude and gave a number to a tech that moved to CA. Called numerous times & was given to ext **. Always left VM but never heard back. Paid another co to install. Contacted AmeriGlide to get reimbursed for installation paid in advance. Sent to ext **. Three times tried to contact Wanda in accounting. Never returned calls. If I had known this would happen, I would NEVER have used this co. Never been so disappointed. Have been in touch with Home Advisor to complain. I am afraid that if I ever need tech support for problems, I will never get them resolved. I do not recommend this company to anyone. I would not have given but 1/4 star.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Stairlift installed approximately 4 months ago, it was at most worked 3 weeks during that timeframe. Numerous and I want to stress Numerous phone calls, emails to no avail. Service tech came out twice to fix it, once AmeriGlide sent wrong motor. Yes, folks, it needed a new motor after approximately 2 months. He came back again, to install the next motor AmeriGlide sent and it worked during his test of the unit, he left and it has NOT worked since. That was approximately 4 weeks ago. I have reported this to Better Business Bureau of NC and now with the Attorney General's Office. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I had my chairlift installed on August 23rd 2019, and since then it has been operational less than 50% of the time. I have had two repair visits, one to replace a mother board (on a brand new chairlift) and a second because the chairlift, when reprogrammed after the mother board was replaced, was not set correctly, and was going passed the end and giving a "Final Limit" message and locking up.

Now the battery is not charging and I had to pay an electrician to come in to validate my electrical lines. The electrician discovered the charger is not putting out the correct voltage. I called Ameriglide Tech support 4 times this week (10/3/19) to provide the information and to get it fixed, and no one calls me back nor have the parts been sent so I can have a 3rd party fix their product. This issue has been going on for 2 weeks. This has to be the worst customer experience I have ever had for a product as expensive as this. Feel free to call me and validate my claims. ** Richard **

Resolution response: Oct. 10, 2019

I continued to work with Timothy and he has been very responsive to both my emails and phone calls throughout this process. I was going through a very difficult process with the passing of my father and he received unjust service. I really appreciate Timothy sticking with seeing this due process through to the end and resolved to both our satisfactions and would most definitely recommend Timothy and AmeriGlide to others in the future!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Timothy always made himself available prior to and through my purchase of the stairlift. Right after my purchase, my father became ill and passed away on September 8 even before I could install it so it sat in my garage unopened for approximately one month. I had called Timothy and left messages and emailed him of my situation and asked for option of returning the lift. He was responding like he was before the purchase and I tried several company numbers and they all redirected back to the sales representative, Timothy.

When he finally responded, he told me he would run it up to management and asked for pictures of the boxes which I sent over immediately. I sent a follow up email and called a few more times leaving messages and then he responded with this email: “Hi George, Unfortunately we can’t take this lift back. It’s just too far past our company’s rules on returns. This may change at some point but I have no idea when. Maybe try Offerup or Craigslist. Best Regards, Timothy”.

After receiving this message I sent him another email and left a voice message that I would like to speak to a manager for further assistance. Timothy called me back and reiterated their policy of standing behind the 10 day return policy. When I asked to speak to a manager, he handed the phone over to someone named Robby who identified himself as a “Lowest Level Manager”. He said he was aware of my situation and there was nothing they could do since it was past their warranty according to their policy.

I then asked Robby about returning under their used or refurbished program and he stated that the buyback program didn’t exist anymore. When I asked to speak to a higher level manager, Robby told me he didn’t know who they were and I could get their information from the internet. I want to make everyone aware of their great customer service until the sale but after that they no longer willing to stand by their products or customers. I hope to hear from someone from Ameriglide that will actually be willing to resolve this issue.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased one of the stairlifts from AmeriGlide and was very pleased with the item. The stairlift was installed in one day and the installer was efficient and conducted himself professionally, the stairlift is for straight stairs and runs well.

Original review: July 30, 2019

My parents purchased the stair chair lift on appx 4/26. The chair lift was receive and installed in a timely manner. No remotes came with the lift, even though the receipt etc said that two come with it. They sent a set - arriving about 1.5 weeks later, they did not work. Then tech support said "oh they sent the wrong ones"...about another 1.5 weeks later another set arrives. These require installation - we've been getting the runaround since then - here we are 7/29/2019, and still not installed. So, only one of them can use the chair lift. I want to reach out to the manufacturer of AmeriGlide, but all numbers lead back to the ones who are giving the runaround.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Stair Lift partner.

AmeriGlide author review by Shelley Webb

Ameriglide designs and sells accessibility solutions like home elevators, power lift recliners and stair lifts.

• High weight capacity for stair lifts: They offer a heavy-duty model which can support a person up to 500 pounds.

• Warranty: Their stairlifts are specifically designed for homeowner installation and have a 10-year warranty.

• Stair lift wireless technology option: Users can call the lift to the right floor using a wireless remote.

• Dependable & reliable home elevators: Ameriglide’s state-of-the-art industrial grade PLC technology and cable drum drive system are extremely dependable and reliable. The elevator’s aluminum materials resist corrosion and the warranty keeps you covered for up to three years.

• Custom-built products: An Ameriglide elevator can be completely custom built for your home’s space and décor. The customization includes finishes, materials and the drive system. Ameriglide also makes eight models of power lift chairs that range in price from $500 to over $1,000. Choose from two-, three- and infinite-position recliners in multiple colors and fabrics.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

AmeriGlide® Company Information