2.72/5

Need a good stair lift company?

AmeriGlide

Need a good stair lift company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

AmeriGlide Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased one of the stairlifts from AmeriGlide and was very pleased with the item. The stairlift was installed in one day and the installer was efficient and conducted himself professionally, the stairlift is for straight stairs and runs well.

Original review: April 15, 2019

My contractor recommended this company for my home elevator. Called them up and the technician knew everything I needed to know. Got me a price and it was about $4,000 less than another bid I got from another company. They shipped this elevator in about 5 weeks and the installer Hayward? was great, in and out in 3 days. Love it. Smooth ride no issues.

Get expert buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 9, 2019

I ordered a chairlift yesterday for my dad in the Bahamas. Danny ** was the sales associate that I spoke with. I had the measurements and gave them to him, and immediately he gave me two recommendations. There was no pressure to get me to buy on my first call, and no pressure to upsell me. Danny was professional, personable and great to deal with, making the sales experience a pleasant one. It will most likely be about 2 weeks before the arrival of the product and I’m praying that the product delivery, and all the parts are in excellent shape upon delivery.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We purchased 2 Ameriglide Horizon stair lifts through Roger ** at the Raleigh store. First, just a side note, what a beautiful store! The place is a showcase and even has a working two story elevator display. Their stairlift display has a curved, which I went in to see, and 3 straight stair lift models. Roger helped me evaluate the options we had for our staircase which were using 2 straight lifts and transferring from one lift to the other or having them build a customer curved stair lift just for our staircase.

My mother is 91 but still very active. She has the capability to transfer now but who know about next year. We decided on a curved lift although it cost twice as much a the 2 straight lift solution. This is not a quick process as the lift is custom made for our staircase. Two days after we signed the paperwork a tech, Eddie **, showed up and used a camera to measure our staircase. They then created a CAD drawing of exactly how the stair lift would be built and we made a change with the upper landing by adding a 90 degree bend so the chair stops in the hallway away from the stairs and out of the way. They had to create another CAD which took a few more days. We approved the CAD and the order was sent to the plant for production of our lift.

Three weeks later a pallet showed up at our house. Eddie came out the next day and installed the lift and we must say it is perfect! My mother loves it, and we love knowing she is not going to fall down the stairs. We can highly recommend the AmeriGlide curved stairlift. We don't normally leave comments. However the process and product deserve our comments. Just perfect!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Stairlift installed approximately 4 months ago, it was at most worked 3 weeks during that timeframe. Numerous and I want to stress Numerous phone calls, emails to no avail. Service tech came out twice to fix it, once AmeriGlide sent wrong motor. Yes, folks, it needed a new motor after approximately 2 months. He came back again, to install the next motor AmeriGlide sent and it worked during his test of the unit, he left and it has NOT worked since. That was approximately 4 weeks ago. I have reported this to Better Business Bureau of NC and now with the Attorney General's Office. BUYER BEWARE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I had my chairlift installed on August 23rd 2019, and since then it has been operational less than 50% of the time. I have had two repair visits, one to replace a mother board (on a brand new chairlift) and a second because the chairlift, when reprogrammed after the mother board was replaced, was not set correctly, and was going passed the end and giving a "Final Limit" message and locking up.

Now the battery is not charging and I had to pay an electrician to come in to validate my electrical lines. The electrician discovered the charger is not putting out the correct voltage. I called Ameriglide Tech support 4 times this week (10/3/19) to provide the information and to get it fixed, and no one calls me back nor have the parts been sent so I can have a 3rd party fix their product. This issue has been going on for 2 weeks. This has to be the worst customer experience I have ever had for a product as expensive as this. Feel free to call me and validate my claims. ** Richard **

Resolution response: Oct. 10, 2019

I continued to work with Timothy and he has been very responsive to both my emails and phone calls throughout this process. I was going through a very difficult process with the passing of my father and he received unjust service. I really appreciate Timothy sticking with seeing this due process through to the end and resolved to both our satisfactions and would most definitely recommend Timothy and AmeriGlide to others in the future!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Timothy always made himself available prior to and through my purchase of the stairlift. Right after my purchase, my father became ill and passed away on September 8 even before I could install it so it sat in my garage unopened for approximately one month. I had called Timothy and left messages and emailed him of my situation and asked for option of returning the lift. He was responding like he was before the purchase and I tried several company numbers and they all redirected back to the sales representative, Timothy.

When he finally responded, he told me he would run it up to management and asked for pictures of the boxes which I sent over immediately. I sent a follow up email and called a few more times leaving messages and then he responded with this email: “Hi George, Unfortunately we can’t take this lift back. It’s just too far past our company’s rules on returns. This may change at some point but I have no idea when. Maybe try Offerup or Craigslist. Best Regards, Timothy”.

After receiving this message I sent him another email and left a voice message that I would like to speak to a manager for further assistance. Timothy called me back and reiterated their policy of standing behind the 10 day return policy. When I asked to speak to a manager, he handed the phone over to someone named Robby who identified himself as a “Lowest Level Manager”. He said he was aware of my situation and there was nothing they could do since it was past their warranty according to their policy.

I then asked Robby about returning under their used or refurbished program and he stated that the buyback program didn’t exist anymore. When I asked to speak to a higher level manager, Robby told me he didn’t know who they were and I could get their information from the internet. I want to make everyone aware of their great customer service until the sale but after that they no longer willing to stand by their products or customers. I hope to hear from someone from Ameriglide that will actually be willing to resolve this issue.

Original review: July 30, 2019

My parents purchased the stair chair lift on appx 4/26. The chair lift was receive and installed in a timely manner. No remotes came with the lift, even though the receipt etc said that two come with it. They sent a set - arriving about 1.5 weeks later, they did not work. Then tech support said "oh they sent the wrong ones"...about another 1.5 weeks later another set arrives. These require installation - we've been getting the runaround since then - here we are 7/29/2019, and still not installed. So, only one of them can use the chair lift. I want to reach out to the manufacturer of AmeriGlide, but all numbers lead back to the ones who are giving the runaround.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Their salesperson walked me through measurement and sent the forms and flip rail was ordered due to the specs and space to avoid tripping hazard. All paid in full. When the installer arrived he knew it was suppose to be a flip rail. And it was not so he could not go any further. He called the same rep and told him that even before he opens it it was the wrong rail but he checked it to make sure it was not boxed wrong or maybe the company had came up with new design. The rail was incorrect and could not be installed.

The company called and they refuse to do that job due to liability of tripping hazard and the space and blames it on the customer providing the wrong measurement. They charged 500 for the installation because the product is still in boxes and have not refunded. And have won dispute by blaming the wrong measurement provided by the customer. Months have gone by product still in boxes. If there was 0 that is what they would get. That is not taking care of the elderly. ????

Original review: July 23, 2019

AmeriGlide is a fraudulent company! Twice I have ordered batteries, for my 90 year old Mother-in-Law's stairlift! Twice they REFUSED to send the batteries! When I call to ask why they REFUSE to send the batteries, they laugh and hang up! I then called several of the "store locations" and was told that Jeff Sheffer - CEO - AmeriGlide, Inc. treats them the same way too! They cannot get any parts from the Raleigh, NC location and have to depend on jury rigging to satisfy their customers! I was also told that BatteriesPlus can get these batteries, which I have done.

Jeff Sheffer - CEO - AmeriGlide, Inc. needs to have some people come to his home a teach him a lesson in customer service, and I know just the battle hardened U.S. Marines that would be more than happy to teach Mr. Sheffer this vitally important lesson! They are NOT happy about the way Mr. Sheffer has treated my 90 year old Mother-in-Law! BOYCOTT AmeriGlide! They have no Honor and cannot be trusted in any Way, Shape, nor Form!

AmeriGlide expert review by Shelley Webb

Ameriglide designs and sells accessibility solutions like home elevators, power lift recliners and stair lifts.

• High weight capacity for stair lifts: They offer a heavy-duty model which can support a person up to 500 pounds.

• Warranty: Their stairlifts are specifically designed for homeowner installation and have a 10-year warranty.

• Stair lift wireless technology option: Users can call the lift to the right floor using a wireless remote.

• Dependable & reliable home elevators: Ameriglide’s state-of-the-art industrial grade PLC technology and cable drum drive system are extremely dependable and reliable. The elevator’s aluminum materials resist corrosion and the warranty keeps you covered for up to three years.

• Custom-built products: An Ameriglide elevator can be completely custom built for your home’s space and décor. The customization includes finishes, materials and the drive system. Ameriglide also makes eight models of power lift chairs that range in price from $500 to over $1,000. Choose from two-, three- and infinite-position recliners in multiple colors and fabrics.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
      Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

AmeriGlide Company Information