AmeriGlide

• 3%
    • 1%
    • 85%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?
      Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed July 5, 2024

I had been doing some research, so that we could have a stairlift installed at my church. Our church has two floors and when we have fellowships (food), unfortunately, some of our church members are not able to partake in these events. I had been talking to several different companies about the stairlifts they offered, what the church was needing, and we were needing the lift installed by a particular date due to an imminent event. All the reps were courteous, but Roger from Ameriglide went above and beyond in his kindness and guaranteed that the stairlift could be installed by June 30th.

I quickly realized that Roger was fibbing, so that he could get a sale. The stairlift was delivered on June 24th; I immediately email Roger from Ameriglide, and he responds with a number for the installation department. I call the installation department. I talk to a (unsure of spelling/pronunciation) Corriene/Koren (not sure). I told her our stairlift had arrived the previous day, and we were needing installed as soon as possible. I told her Roger had given us a guarantee that the stairlift could be installed by the requested date. I said “Respectfully, is there any way the stairlift be installed this week? Roger guaranteed that it could.” She got so offended that I said that.

I totally “ruffled this woman’s feather” because all the sudden she took a snarky tone with me. I did not want to argue with this woman; I just wanted to hang up and call Roger to see if he could do anything, so I just asked for her name, so I can keep track of everyone I talk to. She responded so horribly; this woman willingly demoted herself to the pettiest tone possible and said her name and for me to have a wonderful day. But, with sauce an immature tone. I was flabbergasted. We’ve spent over $4000 and all of the sudden we get this type of customer service.

I emailed Roger and no response. The stairlift was delivered on June 24, 2024. It is now July 5, 2024, and the stairlift still has not been installed. We still have not received a date for installation. I am so disappointed with the service from Amerglide. I now know why so many people have given negative reviews just as I have. No, I do not recommend purchasing any products from Ameriprise.

Joy

I had issues as well with my install date. I was told “within two weeks” for my install by sales rep Caleb.. Well it was actually a month later. I had to change the date etc for my Mothers Birthday Celebration. Come to find out that Ameriglide has only one installer in the entire State of Florida. get this, he only works on the weekends!! Really!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 27, 2024

Terrible electronics; terrible service. When power goes out and it needs to be reset, it is a simple procedure, but the company wouldn't help. The installer is out of business. It took a thousand calls to finally find a company that would help (Precision Lift), but they no longer help, which means it took another thousand calls to find an independent service person. The latest issue is a solenoid when bad on door lock/unlock mechanism on one of the stops. Ameriglide wants to replace the entire locking mechanism, which is NOT broken. They want $2100 before shipping and labor. The solenoid is a $30 part at Digikey. I'm fixing it myself because what Ameriglide wants to do is NUTS. DO NOT BUY AN ELEVATOR FROM THESE BUCCANEERS.

Get buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 16, 2024

I purchased an AmeriGlide Atlas Hercules 750 system. During the purchasing stage, the sales person assured me that there would be support and that they can provide maintenance and support. And that a technician would always be available to be deployed to help with any issues. About a year later the vertical platform fell about 2 feet towards the bottom position with people in it. Contacting Ameriglide did not help as they are only a sales façade and the real company is Atlas in Canada. After about four weeks of back-and-forth trying to reach the right people they determined that they stated that they do not send anyone and they only sent parts out. Experience to say the least dealing with them is absolutely horrible. Pay a little more and buy something that is supported.

Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

Bought a walk-in tub ramp and tried to return due to a hardship of my customer, I never open the box and their return policy talks about sanitation as pic attached but they say, "NO. Can’t accept it back," I explained to the customer service Jessica and had to ask for a higher rank to evaluate my situation and gave me the email of Tony which I contacted via email. Took him 5 days to reply because I resend the email to only receive a No again, I would never recommend this company that takes advantage of the people, their return policy is wrong on the verbiage. Too bad choosing USA product then they wonder why we buy out of country products.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2023

D ** sales rep failed to acquire correct measurements and guidance to install lift. When lift was returned unboxed and return confirmed, after 4 months no funds were returned had to get third party to get my money back. This company preys on its customer.

Profile pic of the author.
        Maintenance

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

Did anyone work with the liar named Caleb? He sold us the wrong color and sent a defective/previously rejected unit that arrived broken. I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and recently discovered that this form of "Elder Fraud" is punishable by 5 years in Federal Prison and a $500,000 fine. There is currently an active investigation involving this company and its employees.

Profile pic of the author.
        StaffBilling

Reviewed July 25, 2023

We placed an order with AmeriGlide online. Only one order, and only one receipt was sent. We then see two charges on our credit card. After A MONTH of trying to get Ameriglide to refund the fraudulent 2nd order, I finally told them I'm done waiting and was going to file a chargeback. Instead of actually helping me, the rep just told me to go ahead making this my problem and taking no ownership or responsibility of their mistake. Dealing with this company has been a terrible experience all around. It's no wonder they have a two star Google rating and even worse, an "F" rating with the BBB.

Joy

How do you file a “charge back”???

Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2023

Once we paid for the unit that was it. The customer service has serious issues. Lack of response from the salesman. Then the unit came out and the chain was short. Once we got ahold of someone. We were passed around from the salesman to customer service. Then to Atlas who actually makes the unit. Which we didn't buy it from Atlas so why we have to communicate with them is beyond me. Then we had to measure the chain and waste bunch of our time figuring out what went wrong when this is Ameriglide job. Then after all that we have waited 2 1/2 weeks and we have emailed several times with no response and then called today and found out Atlas has been closed for two weeks and the chain hasn't even been cut to be shipped. But hey the customer service gal says she understands that we can't get paid and finish a 3 million dollar home, so I guess everything will be alright.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2022

After receiving the stairlift, the installer came in 2 weeks later and found a miscut rail with misaligned screw holes. Replacement rail came in a week later. Long story short: Beginning June 15 to August 4th, I was given SEVERAL dates for installing the stairlift. No one ever showed. I made MANY calls trying to be the tolerant customer. Only empty promises and "I'll get back to you." Responses. Had to file complaint with BBB to get my money back. Such an unnecessary experience. I would advise BUYER BEWARE for anyone looking to purchase and have a lift installed. As a side, I went through another company 2 weeks ago, and they are here installing our new lift today!

Reviewed May 31, 2022

Yes, you're paying thousands for it but essentially it's disposable. They refuse to repair or refer you to anyone that is able to repair a 3 year old unit. They do not offer any parts either. They give you the runaround for weeks and after 2 weeks finally admit that they can't help you but that you might want to use Google (lol).

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Stair Lift partner.

AmeriGlide® Company Information