3.8/5 (109 ratings)

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

About AmeriGlide

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

AmeriGlide Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I would not recommend this company if you are looking for customer service. After admitting that he confused me with another customer and acknowledging that I did not cancel my request to get a dumbwaiter from Ameriglide, a Mr. Chris ** doubled down and in essence blamed me for his failure to be responsive to my request. I sent him detailed information, which he requested, and he denied receiving it. After looking up my email address and then reviewing my request, he once again launched into blaming me for the miscommunication. If you want to receive respectful and courteous customer service, along with getting specific responses to specific inquiries, then do not engage Ameriglide for dumbwaiter assistance.

If I could rate this experience with zero star(s), I would do so. This experience has been a huge waste of time, in as much before our phone conversation of 12/17/2021 I was willing to pay whatever to get a dumbwaiter from this company. I have been waiting for a response from Ameriglide since October 22, 2021. If I had not reached out today, I would not have known of Mr. **'s confusion and blunder by getting me confused with someone else. Doubling down and berating a customer for his mistake of confusing me with someone else will not lead to a consummated sales transaction. After today, I know first hand why the ratings are so low for this company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Please BEWARE! My mother paid a LOT of money for a much needed stair lift from this company. They did a 'bait and switch' on her, telling her they had an installer in our area. Over 45 days later and this 4500.00 system still sits uninstalled and the company will not take, nor return our calls. It has given my mother intense mental anguish. This company preys on the elderly and the disabled. I can't say enough awful things about this experience and this company. Please find another company to help you with your mobility issues!

Get buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Sales and installation were quick and responsive, but everything after that has been like pulling teeth. Installed at beginning of Oct, broke down mid month and Ameriglide will not answer their phone nor return messages. Only the installer would take our calls and managed to order a replacement chassis that would take "2 days to 2 weeks" as of 3+ weeks ago. No tracking number or further info available. Terrible experience, would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

We purchased a Rave 2 stair glide chair from Ameriglide in July 2021. It was installed by Ameriglide’s authorized installer on 8/3. It stopped working on 8/6. Since then we have not only been waiting on the parts that their installer has said are faulty (no fault of ours), but we are waiting on any sort of RESPONSE from anyone at Ameriglide about the tracking of said parts or any timing of its repair. We have been given the run around by not only our Sales Rep, but now Customer Service as well… and, as a result, my mother – who suffered a stroke in June, removing her ability to use stairs – is on Day 47 of not being able to sleep in a bed, or use a shower. This is becoming a health and hygiene issue – and Ameriglide has gone radio silent.

A little back story… we reported the faulty chair the day it happened (8/6) and followed up again on 8/8 and 8/10. Our Sales Rep finally contacted us back on 8/12, and he stated that he would contact their authorized installer for troubleshooting and get back to us. After a week of silence, we followed up on 8/19… and heard nothing. We followed up again on 8/24, and our Rep finally responded and said we didn’t need an entirely new chair, only certain parts… and that the parts were ordered and shipped to us, and once they were received we needed to contact their installer to come out and fix.

A week went by... and no parts were delivered. No tracking information was given. Nothing. We followed up on 9/2 for tracking… no response. I finally contacted their Customer Service dept on 9/7, and my call was ‘accidentally disconnected’ on their end. They responded later that day and stated to me that they didn’t even see an order for replacement parts for our chair in our file; and they could provide no explanation why we were told they were ordered and weren’t. They requested that we send them all correspondence between us and our Rep so that they can see what is needed to be ordered, the issues, etc. We sent that on 9/8... and have heard nothing. I have made two more follow-ups with Customer Service since then for answers, any tracking, resolution... and still nothing.

We cannot get anyone to respond to us...and as a result we cannot get it repaired. And my mother is stuck on the first floor of her home – without a bedroom or full bathroom. I am at my wit's end on what we can do?! I am beyond frustrated and extremely disappointed in a company that supposedly specializes in helping people with their mobility. They’re quick to take your money; and not provide service or support. For anyone reading this and contemplating any products from Ameriglide…Run. Take your business elsewhere. And in the meantime, I suppose I have no other option but to begin to prepare for a legal battle.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

BEWARE!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM AMERIGLIDE. Purchase stairlift 10 months ago, FROM AMERIGLIDE IN AURORA. I still have warranty, very noisy, after a few weeks I heard a clicking sound. "Olaf salesman" refuse to come and adjust it, the seat does not stay up keeps falling down, and the clicking sound has increased, no one is returning my call. After several messages I decided to call the company in Arizona US for assistance but they said Olaf has to service it because they are a distributor, please do not purchase anything from this company. Look for a reputable company. Since no one has returned my call, not sure what to do. It's a RAVE stairlift. Most Regretful, Z. **.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I was deceived at every turn by this company. I purchased a chair on Dec 8, 2020 for my mother to use in our home when she was released from rehab center. I paid for Ameriglide professional installation. Installation happened 30 days after purchase, but the unit has never once worked. I had to wait for warranty replacement of parts. First replacement parts that didn't work came in 3 weeks, second replacement parts that didn't work came in 4 months (May 31, 2021.) My mother passed away before we ever received a working unit. All my calls for help have been ignored. I was shocked that a company with this sort of brand recognition is this awful. Another greedy company preying on elderly customers...

Original review: June 26, 2021

Other than taking way longer to get here. In different days. Not all at once. Plus the idiots who ship the stuff from Raleigh don't check their work and typed my zip wrong sending these boxes to somewhere Indiana! Now been over a month of just trying to get the shipping refunded. Should be a easy one when it was their screw up. Just shop somewhere else. The people who work there suck all together.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I purchased a lift chair on Dec. 21, 2020 after spinal fusion surgery. The gentleman that sold me the chair was amazing, however I never received the chair due to the secondary delivery company. I canceled the order in January 2021 and was told I got a refund of my $1439.00 on March 24, 2021, however I have never received the money. My bank has researched the so call refund and can not find any trace of it. No one will help me and The accountants will not take or return my calls or my bank's calls. I am not ok with this! I work too hard for my money.

Original review: May 29, 2021

I have been talking to this company for several months with intention to purchase once the project got to that point. I was ready in December 2020 so on December 17, 2020 I sent a cashiers check for the full purchase amount. I heard nothing from them after that. I contacted them just before the first of the year, 2021. The salesman told me my checked bounced, a complete fabrication. They presented my cashiers check twice, the first presentation my bank paid the check.

The second presentation was of course denied due to completion of the first transaction. The bank verified the payment with a letter signed by an officer of the bank. They lied and have my money! I have a copy of the paid cashiers check showing the transaction. Their bank sent me a letter upon my inquiry of the transaction. Their bank verified that the check was deposited into Ameriglide's account in full thus proving that the sales person lied about the payment. This company is a total fraud and steals from senior citizens and veterans. I have filed a formal complaint with DOJ of North Carolina.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

When the stairlift arrived, the installer discovered it was missing an important part (a swivel plate). He notified AmeriGlide, as did we. More than a month has gone past and there is no sign that the part has even been ordered. Phone calls get passed around from one employee to another. They promise to call back but never do. The installation department never answers the phone and never responds to his voicemail. Buying from Ameriglide was an expensive mistake.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Stair Lift partner.

AmeriGlide® Company Information