2. Elder Care
  3. Stair Lifts

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.72/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

AmeriGlide Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Stairlift installed approximately 4 months ago, it was at most worked 3 weeks during that timeframe. Numerous and I want to stress Numerous phone calls, emails to no avail. Service tech came out twice to fix it, once AmeriGlide sent wrong motor. Yes, folks, it needed a new motor after approximately 2 months. He came back again, to install the next motor AmeriGlide sent and it worked during his test of the unit, he left and it has NOT worked since. That was approximately 4 weeks ago. I have reported this to Better Business Bureau of NC and now with the Attorney General's Office. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I had my chairlift installed on August 23rd 2019, and since then it has been operational less than 50% of the time. I have had two repair visits, one to replace a mother board (on a brand new chairlift) and a second because the chairlift, when reprogrammed after the mother board was replaced, was not set correctly, and was going passed the end and giving a "Final Limit" message and locking up.

Now the battery is not charging and I had to pay an electrician to come in to validate my electrical lines. The electrician discovered the charger is not putting out the correct voltage. I called Ameriglide Tech support 4 times this week (10/3/19) to provide the information and to get it fixed, and no one calls me back nor have the parts been sent so I can have a 3rd party fix their product. This issue has been going on for 2 weeks. This has to be the worst customer experience I have ever had for a product as expensive as this. Feel free to call me and validate my claims. ** Richard **

Get buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
          Resolution response: Oct. 10, 2019

I continued to work with Timothy and he has been very responsive to both my emails and phone calls throughout this process. I was going through a very difficult process with the passing of my father and he received unjust service. I really appreciate Timothy sticking with seeing this due process through to the end and resolved to both our satisfactions and would most definitely recommend Timothy and AmeriGlide to others in the future!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Timothy always made himself available prior to and through my purchase of the stairlift. Right after my purchase, my father became ill and passed away on September 8 even before I could install it so it sat in my garage unopened for approximately one month. I had called Timothy and left messages and emailed him of my situation and asked for option of returning the lift. He was responding like he was before the purchase and I tried several company numbers and they all redirected back to the sales representative, Timothy.

When he finally responded, he told me he would run it up to management and asked for pictures of the boxes which I sent over immediately. I sent a follow up email and called a few more times leaving messages and then he responded with this email: “Hi George, Unfortunately we can’t take this lift back. It’s just too far past our company’s rules on returns. This may change at some point but I have no idea when. Maybe try Offerup or Craigslist. Best Regards, Timothy”.

After receiving this message I sent him another email and left a voice message that I would like to speak to a manager for further assistance. Timothy called me back and reiterated their policy of standing behind the 10 day return policy. When I asked to speak to a manager, he handed the phone over to someone named Robby who identified himself as a “Lowest Level Manager”. He said he was aware of my situation and there was nothing they could do since it was past their warranty according to their policy.

I then asked Robby about returning under their used or refurbished program and he stated that the buyback program didn’t exist anymore. When I asked to speak to a higher level manager, Robby told me he didn’t know who they were and I could get their information from the internet. I want to make everyone aware of their great customer service until the sale but after that they no longer willing to stand by their products or customers. I hope to hear from someone from Ameriglide that will actually be willing to resolve this issue.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased one of the stairlifts from AmeriGlide and was very pleased with the item. The stairlift was installed in one day and the installer was efficient and conducted himself professionally, the stairlift is for straight stairs and runs well.

Original review: July 30, 2019

My parents purchased the stair chair lift on appx 4/26. The chair lift was receive and installed in a timely manner. No remotes came with the lift, even though the receipt etc said that two come with it. They sent a set - arriving about 1.5 weeks later, they did not work. Then tech support said "oh they sent the wrong ones"...about another 1.5 weeks later another set arrives. These require installation - we've been getting the runaround since then - here we are 7/29/2019, and still not installed. So, only one of them can use the chair lift. I want to reach out to the manufacturer of AmeriGlide, but all numbers lead back to the ones who are giving the runaround.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Their salesperson walked me through measurement and sent the forms and flip rail was ordered due to the specs and space to avoid tripping hazard. All paid in full. When the installer arrived he knew it was suppose to be a flip rail. And it was not so he could not go any further. He called the same rep and told him that even before he opens it it was the wrong rail but he checked it to make sure it was not boxed wrong or maybe the company had came up with new design. The rail was incorrect and could not be installed.

The company called and they refuse to do that job due to liability of tripping hazard and the space and blames it on the customer providing the wrong measurement. They charged 500 for the installation because the product is still in boxes and have not refunded. And have won dispute by blaming the wrong measurement provided by the customer. Months have gone by product still in boxes. If there was 0 that is what they would get. That is not taking care of the elderly. ????

Original review: July 23, 2019

AmeriGlide is a fraudulent company! Twice I have ordered batteries, for my 90 year old Mother-in-Law's stairlift! Twice they REFUSED to send the batteries! When I call to ask why they REFUSE to send the batteries, they laugh and hang up! I then called several of the "store locations" and was told that Jeff Sheffer - CEO - AmeriGlide, Inc. treats them the same way too! They cannot get any parts from the Raleigh, NC location and have to depend on jury rigging to satisfy their customers! I was also told that BatteriesPlus can get these batteries, which I have done.

Jeff Sheffer - CEO - AmeriGlide, Inc. needs to have some people come to his home a teach him a lesson in customer service, and I know just the battle hardened U.S. Marines that would be more than happy to teach Mr. Sheffer this vitally important lesson! They are NOT happy about the way Mr. Sheffer has treated my 90 year old Mother-in-Law! BOYCOTT AmeriGlide! They have no Honor and cannot be trusted in any Way, Shape, nor Form!

Original review: June 24, 2019

Great sales team, but when they get your money it's over. I am a General contractor and Electrical contractor in TN., I purchased an outdoor elevator for a customer and all seemed to be going fine. I told them it was a rush order to make a deadline, the response was, "If you pay in full when you order we will make it happen and pay for install." I wanted to install myself and they told me that that would not work that. If I installed the elevator it would not be warranted, later they told me this was not true. I paid the full amount of the elevator, plus the 4700.00 install fee and all was set. I received a delivery date and was told it would be installed within a week of delivery, great if it would have happened that way.

The elevator shows up 2 weeks after promised date after many many calls to the salesman, and this is where it really gets good. I was told the install manager would be it touch to get it installed but never heard from him until I got the salesman to give me a contact number, so after a week goes by and I get in touch with him he gives me an install date of 2 weeks later, I am on a deadline. The day before the install date I call to make sure we are still on for the install and he does not know who I am. I call my salesman again and get a new install date and talk to the install manager again, now it gets even better. He tells me that I will have to supply him with labor and tools to get the job completed and that he will cover the cost. I’m on a deadline so let's get it completed.

Install manager shows up. We get the elevator installed to make a long story short and I ask who to give a invoice to for time labor and tools and he told me to give it to the homeowners. I do have all of this documented. So after paying 4700.00 for install Ameriglide sends one man out to oversee install and I’m screwed, but I see the install manager is not going to do what he said so I call my salesman again. The salesman told me he would put me in touch with the President of the company [Jim]. And I get a text from Jim saying he would send me 500.00 to compensate me. What a joke. Then he said he would up it to 1000.00, which was 1/2 of my invoice and I told him I would not agree to that and I would give him a bad review.

So after 3 weeks of not hearing from Jim I texted him back for a status update and he told me that he would still give me 1000.00 but if he did I would have to sign a agreement not to leave a bad review. Now remember has a invoice from me that he is refusing to pay and again this is all documented. I told him I would not sign and my invoice stands, and his response was to be careful what I posted as a review because he would have his attorneys look into it. So bottom line I got threaded with attorneys, paid 4700.00 for install that I did 80% of and did not get compensated for and it was not delivered or install on the promised date, and I still have an outstanding invoice with them, and I don’t think it will be paid unless I take action against them.

Original review: April 15, 2019

My contractor recommended this company for my home elevator. Called them up and the technician knew everything I needed to know. Got me a price and it was about $4,000 less than another bid I got from another company. They shipped this elevator in about 5 weeks and the installer Hayward? was great, in and out in 3 days. Love it. Smooth ride no issues.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I ordered a chairlift yesterday for my dad in the Bahamas. Danny ** was the sales associate that I spoke with. I had the measurements and gave them to him, and immediately he gave me two recommendations. There was no pressure to get me to buy on my first call, and no pressure to upsell me. Danny was professional, personable and great to deal with, making the sales experience a pleasant one. It will most likely be about 2 weeks before the arrival of the product and I’m praying that the product delivery, and all the parts are in excellent shape upon delivery.

AmeriGlide author review by Shelley Webb

Ameriglide designs and sells accessibility solutions like home elevators, power lift recliners and stair lifts.

• High weight capacity for stair lifts: They offer a heavy-duty model which can support a person up to 500 pounds.

• Warranty: Their stairlifts are specifically designed for homeowner installation and have a 10-year warranty.

• Stair lift wireless technology option: Users can call the lift to the right floor using a wireless remote.

• Dependable & reliable home elevators: Ameriglide’s state-of-the-art industrial grade PLC technology and cable drum drive system are extremely dependable and reliable. The elevator’s aluminum materials resist corrosion and the warranty keeps you covered for up to three years.

• Custom-built products: An Ameriglide elevator can be completely custom built for your home’s space and décor. The customization includes finishes, materials and the drive system. Ameriglide also makes eight models of power lift chairs that range in price from $500 to over $1,000. Choose from two-, three- and infinite-position recliners in multiple colors and fabrics.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

AmeriGlide® Company Information