3.54/5
  • 1 star
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good stair lift company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 27, 2017

13 AmeriGlide Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I bought a stairlift from AmeriGlide last year that no longer works. I have called them four times in the last week to get someone to come to the property to fix it. I leave messages, write emails, login to chats, and no one ever calls me back! The numbers they list on their website for authorized repair don't work. What a horrible company. I suggest you buy your stairlift from someone else. These people obviously don't know how to run a business.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I purchased an AmeriGlide Horizon Outside Lift. Well their person that installs in this area came out Sunday to install. He started then said to me, "I can’t install this cause the rails are misaligned." So Monday I call the company and got a hold of the salesperson. Sent him the pic so he could see what was going on. He said he was sending it to another department. Here it is Friday and still nothing. I would recommend people not do business with them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 17, 2017

Purchased a chairlift and the installer couldn't install due to non functional or mountable equipment. The company insisted for one month new equipment would be installed. After one month they indicated more money would be required to replace the equipment. This company is a scam. Senior citizens beware. When posting a review on their website a pop up box came up indicating the review would need to be evaluated prior to posting on website.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

We shopped a lot for a stairlift we could afford. Had Acorn come out and they were way too expensive. Looked at Stannah and they were even higher. Narrowed it down to Bruno and AmeriGlide and we are very happy with our choice. Had the stair lift in now for about 6 months and it operates flawlessly. Best price, prompt delivery to the day they projected, and fairly easy to install. Instructions could use some improvement but along with the online video they work.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I felt very secure that I would not fall out. It has a guard on it so I feel I wont fall out. I can control the speed of the lift so I can slow it down if I think its moving too fast. I can adjust it to my weight, make smaller or larger for my size so I can fit comfortable in the lift chair for my ride up or down. So I go for a safer ride up or down the stairs. It will turn easily in the direction I want it, and I still feel safe moving it. Its a very good value because it helps me with my mobility. I feel safe in it. It gets me up to where I need to go with no problems. The price was reasonable. I feel I can do more things for myself now that I have it. So to me its well worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGlide?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Great survey of good movies, and I love the title of good movies and everything on the very first page and that was important. Thing is the standard markup to connect phone to car.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

It was a pretty good electronic stair case and it did its job well. It got me up and down with no problems at all for me and I liked it tons. I am sure that it was a standard speed lift and that it got me where I was going quick enough that I didn't feel slow where I was going. It went well around the corner of my stairs that I take them up the stairs at night. I thought that it is worth every penny that I paid for it and I feel that I got it for a cheaper value that I felt I should have paid for it at full price for the machine. It is for the full machine that it goes that far overall.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I need to go up and down the stairs so I use the stairs lift and get up and down the stairs. Most houses have a lot of stairs and I have trouble with my knee walking around. The stairs lift works for me to get around the house and if you use a wheelchair I would use it. The professional come to install it and show you how to work it. It help you when you are in a wheelchair to get around in the house. It cost a lot of money but your insurance company should be able to cover the cost. I asked my doctor about it and he got a insurance company with me and they were able to get it installed.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

The product was sturdy. I never felt the quality as cheap or bad. With it being sturdy it always felt strong. It also felt very secure. I never felt as though I would get hurt using the product. This product was very very adjustable. Though I am very short this product always it fitted my needs very well. As a key factor was the product being very movable and not too heavy. The product swiveled very well. Though it wasn't as swivel capable as others, it did a good job. This product never let me down. It's very durable. It looks nice and never failed to move as though brand new. The product is a ten out of ten from me. The product was a nice color. Did not scratch easily. I knew the product was good before I bought it and still believe so.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I made sure before it was installed for my loved one that it was done right and had them to ride on it. It turns out it was well equipped for my loved one. It was adjusted for all body types but it seems that my loved one doesn't have any complaints or concerns because the space is great. It seems to be able to turn the way for my loved one. So far it's great for them so I say the swivel ability turns great. The value of the product is so worth it if you have a loved one that's needing the product. We're very pleased and my loved one love it and tells everyone about it. I have to say it's worth every penny and seeing my loved one smiled again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

Padded seat, foot rest. Easy to glide up and down the stairs. Had a seat belt to keep you in place while going up and down the stairs. Had a slow enough speed going up and down. Seat was big enough where you wouldn't fall out of it. It was easy to adjust the seat up and down depending on your height. You could adjust the speed how fast or slow you wanted it to go. It swiveled at a 360 degree angle... The seat adjusted up or down for different height people. It was one of the cheapest ones they had but was the best one for the price too. They even worked with me on it. They let me put a down payment on it and make monthly payments on it as well.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Well you won't fall out. More dangerous not to have 1. Less stressful for me. Easier to go up and down stairs. I got one because my balance is not as good as it use to be - price of getting older. My seat can be adjusted to fit me real comfortably - just relax and enjoy the ride. The seat is nice and soft like sitting in an overstuffed chair. You can turn it in all direction whichever makes you comfortable. Getting the lift was the best choice I ever made. I paid close to 5000.00. Installed everything. It was worth it because I no longer have to rely on someone to help me. I can move around to different areas more freely. My chairs turns to go around my staircase.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

Purchased two stair lifts in May 2015. Had immediate problems. Lift is a new type all electric. The Rave. The upper stair lift extends into hallway and kitchen. Very unsafe. Mother is 85, just had hip replacement. She is petrified of it. It tilts. You have to kick the foot stand for it to move. Never worked properly. Installer very rude, says he doesn't answer questions just installs and is the only one qualified to install. Day one it wouldn't work. Sat for weeks before they tried to get it working, waiting for part. Company will only offer a different lift where the ramp is retractable for an additional $2000. Installer extremely rude. They also sent wrong seat, finally corrected that but not correct seat covers. Worst experience. Do not, repeat do not use this company. They appear to be insensitive to elderly and disabled.

AmeriGlide expert review by Shelley Webb

Amerglide designs and sells accesibility solutions like bath lifts, power lift recliners and stair lifts.

• They offer side-by-side comparison: Users can compare models and types easily so that they can determine what is the best product for their needs.

• High weight capacity: They offer a heavy-duty model which can support a person up to 500 pounds.

• Warranty: Their stairlifts are specifically designed for homeowner installation and have a 10 year warranty.

• Additional products: They also sell vertical lifts, pool lifts, bathtub lifts and wheelchair lifts.

• Their lifts have a wireless technology option: Users can call the lift to the right floor using a wireless remote.

• Lift chairs: Ameriglide makes eight models of power lift chairs that range in price from $500 to over $1,000. Choose from two-, three- and infinite-position recliners in multiple colors and fabrics.

• Best for: people who can't walk, people with limited mobility, people who are obese.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

AmeriGlide Company Information