4.2/5 (42 ratings)

About Hydro Dimensions

Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and speciality tubs that provide users with independence and comfort. The company offers high-quality products and add-on features that can be customized for enhanced safety and security. With grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and various therapy options, Hydro Dimensions tubs can provide some peace of mind. All tubs also come with a lifetime warranty.

Pros

• Network of dealers
  • Highly customizable
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Available nationwide

Cons

• Have to work through a third party
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in bathtub manufacturer. It offers 16 sizes and models of walk-in tubs with a variety of add-on features, including hydro and massage therapy. All tubs include a lifetime warranty.

Top Hydro Dimensions Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have never had such exemplary customer service in my life. ...The installation crew was neat; painted and replaced trim where necessary. When done we tipped them accordingly. Ac...

Verified

I like the quality, the way the door was designed, the space, and the safety bars of Hydro Dimensions. The installation was a little tricky...but I warned the people about that......

What is Hydro Dimensions?

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in tub and therapy system manufacturer. It makes walk-in tubs then works with a network of dealers for distribution and installation. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub business for more than 25 years.

There are 16 walk-in tub options available, making it a highly customizable purchasing experience. Additionally, there are seven options for massage therapy. These walk-in tubs are built to order, making it easy to add massage systems and additional features. Massage therapies can be beneficial for those with disabilities or who need extra relaxation. Jet placement can even be customized for more targeted relief.

Because of the nature of walk-in tub installations and the number of parts, Hydro Dimensions adheres to strict government certifications for electrical systems, drains and tub shells. Additionally, every tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty. Coverage includes the shell, frame and finish, motors, electronic controls, door seals and supporting equipment.

How does Hydro Dimensions work?

Bathrooms can be the most dangerous room for older people and those who have disabilities. Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and massage therapy systems that are both comfortable and safe.

Standard walk-in bathtub features include angled grab bars, a low entry threshold with a 17-inch-high seat, extension panels and a contoured door latch. Examples of upgrades include heated backrests, custom jet placement, massage therapy, UV sanitation and aromatherapy. All tubs come with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions has third-party dealers and installers throughout the United States, and its walk-in tubs are built to order. One thing to keep in mind: Be sure you’re working with a licensed, professional plumber. Because tub installation includes plumbing and electrical work, it's definitely not a do-it-yourself type of project.

Hydro Dimensions costs

Because of its highly customizable options, the cost of Hydro Dimensions’ tubs range widely. However, you can plan to spend anywhere from $4,500 to $11,500 or more. Factors that affect the cost include the features you add, tub size, tub color and any therapy upgrades.

Quotes may or may not include the installation cost, so be sure to talk with a representative about pricing ahead of time. However, each tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions FAQ

Does Hydro Dimensions offer installation services?
In some cases, Hydro Dimensions offers installation services. Be sure to ask a representative if the cost you’re quoted includes installation. If not, you’ll have to work with a local professional.
Where are Hydro Dimensions tubs available?
Hydro Dimensions is based out of California. However, it has dealers throughout the United States. Representatives can help you connect with a local dealer.
Does Hydro Dimensions offer different tub models?
Yes. There are 16 different walk-in tub models available. Additionally, there’s a variety of features available to upgrade and customize your tub.
Does Hydro Dimensions work through third-party dealers?
Yes. Hydro Dimensions manufacturers the tub and works with third-party dealers to sell and install.

Is Hydro Dimensions legit?

Yes. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub industry for more than 25 years. It offers a selection of walk-in tubs with highly customizable features. This makes it easy to find the right size and select from any specialty features you need. Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be pricey; however, each tub comes with a lifetime warranty that covers motors, electrical controls, the door seal, supporting equipment and the bathtub shell, frame and finish.

Each Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub is built to order. You can choose your colors, additional safety features and therapies. With 16 different models and several customization options, finding one to fit your specific needs should be fairly easy.

Hydro Dimensions Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: April 22, 2022

We bought an American Standard walk-in bathtub from this company in Florida. Somewhere in the shuffle, because of supply problems, they substituted the Hydro Dimensions bathtub for the American Standard. We did not find out about that until it was installed and the guy handed me the manual on the way out after he installed it. We were a little upset about that. It was the first time that I called Hydro Dimensions and the customer service guy out there was great. He understood the problem and we eventually got it all worked out. Also, the people here had no idea what the heating element did so we called Hydro Dimensions and they emailed us the section for the heating manual. The Hydro people need to find somebody better to partner with down here in Florida.

The tub is working out fairly well. I like it. I bought it for my wife but I've been using it somewhat because I like the water bubbles. However, the American Standard tub has six jets behind your back but this one only has two and it's low down. The positioning is not really great. When I talked to the customer service guy, he was telling me that if we had ordered it, we could have had those jets in there. They’re custom. But now, we can’t retrofit it.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I sent Hydro Dimensions a message online on Christmas Day, which was a Saturday, and that Sunday, I got a call. They wanted to make an appointment to see us. They came out within a couple of days and we got everything set up. They said they got everything in stock, so they can install it and the installers installed it in three days.

I had a little trouble with one installer with the way he was wiring it. He wanted to go through the wall in the basement, bring the wire out, run it under conduit up to the second floor, and then run it back into a wall. I told him there is a big pipe void that the wire can be run up. But instead of doing a 220 breaker, they wired it to an existing breaker and another breaker that they installed. The guy installing my new water heater caught that and fixed it for me.

Also, they wanted their money as soon as they were done and I don't know if everything works. I told them to fill the tub with water and see how it acts. It got to halfway and the silicone started separating. He called his boss and I told him I"m not gonna give them a check until this silicone sets up and I know everything's good. He came the next day and we ran everything and everything seemed fine. The tub seems to be a good product. I like how it works and how it feels. I would recommend it.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I couldn't find anybody where I lived to install a tub. I went online, found Hydro Dimensions, sent an email to them, and asked them if they could recommend somebody because Lowe's sells them but Lowe's wouldn't install them. They hooked me up with some construction company out of Atlanta. The only thing is that the construction company did not brace up the floor underneath like they were supposed to. It's starting to crack where it matches the lines up against the wall. I haven't reported anything yet because we've had it for four months and I don't want to have a constant flow of people going in and out repairing things. The last time they were here, they caulked it when it was empty. When water was put in, it sagged, and the caulking cracked. But we enjoy the tub. My wife gets lost in there. It's everything it’s supposed to be.

Original review: July 3, 2021

We haven’t gotten our tub completely installed yet. We just did the test run on it where they ran some water into it and turned on the jets to make sure that the electrician had done his part. We were impressed with how much air was flowing through it. We're waiting for the plumber to come back and finish it up. I needed to get back to him because he was supposed to schedule a person to come out and do fiberglass work. Then the electrician has to come back and finish up too when the plumber is done. Also, they were supposed to be sending someone to do a repair on the drain part of it, which they haven't called me back yet. I've just been so busy with a different remodel right now that that's been kind of put on the back burner. But with just doing the test run, we're going to enjoy our tub immensely.

Original review: July 2, 2021

The tub was delivered and my son and one of his employees did the installation. They put it in in one day and they hooked it up to the water lines the same day. But I had to take all the furniture out of my one room so that they could swing it. I like that I can get into the tub because I have arthritis in my knees. So, I can't bend my knees at all to get in and out of a tub. I keep the door open like the instructions say and I walk in, sit down and fill up. My only problem with it is you got to sit there naked waiting for the tub to fill up and then to empty out. This tub has a right drain, which is another thing that I like about it. Hydro Dimensions has got a great product. For anybody who is looking for a walk-in tub, It’s a great idea, especially if they know people or they have a plumber that can do the work for them and get it in.

Original review: May 14, 2022

A man we know has done some remodeling for us before and he recommended Hydro Dimensions, and he ordered the tub for us. The rep did well on installing it. It's good to be able to sit in it but when I have arthritis, we have to wipe it out every time we use it, and it drips through the faucet. We have to keep a rag in there to stop that. I'm not happy about those two things.

I mentioned it to the man who put it in and he said that that was how it flows through the faucet. And if it's fiberglass, there's nothing he can do about me having to wipe it out every time I use it. I have to get in there and get down low and dry it out because it says you can't leave water on it. So, I don't see how elderly people can be happy with having to do that. That would be hard on them. It's hard enough for me. I've got my daughter home for college right now and she's helping me with that. The elderly people don't have any idea what they're going to have to do when they order one of these tubs. They're like me and think that this is gonna be wonderful. And it is when you take a bath and when you use the jets. But when you have to clean it, it's not great.

Original review: May 5, 2022

The sales rep was nice. Three men came in for the installation and they were polite. They told me it was gonna take two days but they got it all in in a day. I haven't had the tub that long, but I am pleased with it. The only thing I don't like about it is it makes my water bill higher.

Original review: April 23, 2022

The girl that answers there at Hydro Dimensions was so nice. She tried her best. But carrying the tub down the hall, the installers knocked my thermostat on the floor, and it broke. I had to get a new one. That was 300. Terry, the guy that installed it, reimbursed me and I hope they reimbursed him. Also, the rep told me I had a 50-gallon water tank, but it ended up I only had a 40. I had to buy a new water tank. But it takes a while for the water to get hot. Also, the seal wasn't working real good. I had to keep my toes on the drain. Terry came back two or three months later and fixed it. But I’m happy with the tub and I'd recommend it. It's very nice. I love the colored lights.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I like the tub. At first, we had trouble with the tub but they told me how to fix that. It takes 10 minutes to fill up, though. Also, they built a wall here and I wish it wasn't so high. I'm trying to get used to it because the other tub I had was deep, and this one's up higher. Another thing is I'm getting them back out because they messed up the floor. They didn't put a tarp down and got caulking all over the floor. Except for the floor, everything was good. They were nice.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

At first, we thought the bathtub was pretty good until the first time we filled it up and tried it. Then the damn thing started leaking. I had to drain, cut it off, and call Hydro Dimensions and have them come back out. I asked them why didn’t they check all that stuff out before they put it in? They said, “Well, I don't know. They should have, but they didn't.” I had to get another technician to come out and check everything out. We had to fill it back up and go through the whole routine again. So, as far as the installation part of it, we thought it was good at first, but come to find out it wasn't.

Hydro Dimensions should’ve checked everything out before installing it. Then when they installed it, they should’ve went back and checked it out completely, which they didn’t. Also, we're still missing a little knob for one of the things at the front lower left of the tub behind the door. They said they’d get one and that they’d had to order it and then replace it. But I haven't heard anything back from them since.

Hydro Dimensions response

Mr. Richard,

We are very sorry to hear that you had a problem with the installation of your new walk-in bathtub. Unfortunately Hydro Dimensions is the manufacture and supplier of the product but we don't have any part of the installation or sale of the product to the consumer. If you continue to have issues having the dealer back out to fix it, please reach out to us and we will definitely reach out to the dealer on your behalf.

Customer Service department