4.4/5 (41 ratings)

About Hydro Dimensions

Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and speciality tubs that provide users with independence and comfort. The company offers high-quality products and add-on features that can be customized for enhanced safety and security. With grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and various therapy options, Hydro Dimensions tubs can provide some peace of mind. All tubs also come with a lifetime warranty.

Pros

• Network of dealers
  • Highly customizable
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Available nationwide

Cons

• Have to work through a third party
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in bathtub manufacturer. It offers 16 sizes and models of walk-in tubs with a variety of add-on features, including hydro and massage therapy. All tubs include a lifetime warranty.

Top Hydro Dimensions Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have never had such exemplary customer service in my life. ...The installation crew was neat; painted and replaced trim where necessary. When done we tipped them accordingly. Ac...

Verified

I like the quality, the way the door was designed, the space, and the safety bars of Hydro Dimensions. The installation was a little tricky...but I warned the people about that......

What is Hydro Dimensions?

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in tub and therapy system manufacturer. It makes walk-in tubs then works with a network of dealers for distribution and installation. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub business for more than 25 years.

There are 16 walk-in tub options available, making it a highly customizable purchasing experience. Additionally, there are seven options for massage therapy. These walk-in tubs are built to order, making it easy to add massage systems and additional features. Massage therapies can be beneficial for those with disabilities or who need extra relaxation. Jet placement can even be customized for more targeted relief.

Because of the nature of walk-in tub installations and the number of parts, Hydro Dimensions adheres to strict government certifications for electrical systems, drains and tub shells. Additionally, every tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty. Coverage includes the shell, frame and finish, motors, electronic controls, door seals and supporting equipment.

How does Hydro Dimensions work?

Bathrooms can be the most dangerous room for older people and those who have disabilities. Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and massage therapy systems that are both comfortable and safe.

Standard walk-in bathtub features include angled grab bars, a low entry threshold with a 17-inch-high seat, extension panels and a contoured door latch. Examples of upgrades include heated backrests, custom jet placement, massage therapy, UV sanitation and aromatherapy. All tubs come with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions has third-party dealers and installers throughout the United States, and its walk-in tubs are built to order. One thing to keep in mind: Be sure you’re working with a licensed, professional plumber. Because tub installation includes plumbing and electrical work, it's definitely not a do-it-yourself type of project.

Hydro Dimensions costs

Because of its highly customizable options, the cost of Hydro Dimensions’ tubs range widely. However, you can plan to spend anywhere from $4,500 to $11,500 or more. Factors that affect the cost include the features you add, tub size, tub color and any therapy upgrades.

Quotes may or may not include the installation cost, so be sure to talk with a representative about pricing ahead of time. However, each tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions FAQ

Does Hydro Dimensions offer installation services?

In some cases, Hydro Dimensions offers installation services. Be sure to ask a representative if the cost you’re quoted includes installation. If not, you’ll have to work with a local professional.

Where are Hydro Dimensions tubs available?

Hydro Dimensions is based out of California. However, it has dealers throughout the United States. Representatives can help you connect with a local dealer.

Does Hydro Dimensions offer different tub models?

Yes. There are 16 different walk-in tub models available. Additionally, there’s a variety of features available to upgrade and customize your tub.

Does Hydro Dimensions work through third-party dealers?

Yes. Hydro Dimensions manufacturers the tub and works with third-party dealers to sell and install.

Is Hydro Dimensions legit?

Yes. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub industry for more than 25 years. It offers a selection of walk-in tubs with highly customizable features. This makes it easy to find the right size and select from any specialty features you need. Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be pricey; however, each tub comes with a lifetime warranty that covers motors, electrical controls, the door seal, supporting equipment and the bathtub shell, frame and finish.

Each Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub is built to order. You can choose your colors, additional safety features and therapies. With 16 different models and several customization options, finding one to fit your specific needs should be fairly easy.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: July 22, 2022

The installers came early and had everything to set up the walk-in tub. The walk-in was smaller than the original tub, but they added shelves so there were no gaps between the wall and the tub itself. It was like a custom-made tub. There were three installers, and they were so wonderful in everything. They cleaned up all their work and picked up all their equipment. They even had to take out the trimming of the doorway, put new trimming in, and people wouldn’t even know it wasn't the original trim. The installers also had to take down part of the trim in the hallway, and they cut it so it matches.

Everything was done professionally, and they talked us through it because they told us the trim was gonna be different. It was bigger than the other trim we had, and I said, “It's okay.” Because we were gonna paint anyways, so it just made it even easier. It was like a remodel to my daughter's bathroom. It made it almost new, and we love it. They also explained everything to us and what they recommended as far as cleaning.

The Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub has been wonderful for my daughter. She has Joubert syndrome so she has a hard time getting in and out of the tub. The walk-in tub is accessible to her, for her to get in, and she has a nice bench she can sit on. The handheld is easy to maneuver too. She is able to hold it. It's working out great for us. I just got the warranty for the tub as well, and it covers everything for a year.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2022

We bought our Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub directly from Lowe's, and there was an initial delay in getting it. It was supposed to be shipped to the store and it was delayed another month for some reason, but it turned out all right. The tub is a little over the head of a layman installing it and it took some time, but my husband got it installed just great. He's very handy building all kinds of things over the last 30 years, and he said the instructions were lacking. However, the company was very helpful when my husband had to call them about some questions, and there was one part they had to replace. Maybe he accidentally compromised it in installing it and they sent another part. The walk-in we got was one that had LED lights and all the bells and whistles of different air. It's very well-made, and I like all the jets and the luxury of the LED lights. It makes it a bit more luxurious.

Original review: June 28, 2022

The gentleman that came in was a great salesman. He wasn't too pushy, and we weren't cornered into buying the tub, so we weren't resistant. We considered what he said and decided it was something we wanted. Installation was magnificent. It only took hours, and I've never seen such competent three young men. Even on their van, they said, “No stupid people allowed.” They were cocky, but they were good and funny. It makes me wonder why we can't get competency like that in everything. The world would be so fine.

Hydro Dimensions has to build for all sizes of people. I'm a very tiny person. I'm 5’2, and the tub's seat is built for a man. It also fills up with a lot of water, and our hot water heater doesn't stay hot by the time it would get up to waist level or higher that the jets would start going. Since I'm tiny, I just crawl and stay in the foot basin and it'll cover me up to my shoulders. The jets that are higher spread the air around so I can breathe easily in the hot water and it's not too steamy. That's what I do, but not many people can do that. Still, I would recommend Hydro Dimensions. Most people are couples, and there are males and would need the tub designed the way it is.

Original review: April 22, 2022

We bought an American Standard walk-in bathtub from this company in Florida. Somewhere in the shuffle, because of supply problems, they substituted the Hydro Dimensions bathtub for the American Standard. We did not find out about that until it was installed and the guy handed me the manual on the way out after he installed it. We were a little upset about that. It was the first time that I called Hydro Dimensions and the customer service guy out there was great. He understood the problem and we eventually got it all worked out. Also, the people here had no idea what the heating element did so we called Hydro Dimensions and they emailed us the section for the heating manual. The Hydro people need to find somebody better to partner with down here in Florida.

The tub is working out fairly well. I like it. I bought it for my wife but I've been using it somewhat because I like the water bubbles. However, the American Standard tub has six jets behind your back but this one only has two and it's low down. The positioning is not really great. When I talked to the customer service guy, he was telling me that if we had ordered it, we could have had those jets in there. They’re custom. But now, we can’t retrofit it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I sent Hydro Dimensions a message online on Christmas Day, which was a Saturday, and that Sunday, I got a call. They wanted to make an appointment to see us. They came out within a couple of days and we got everything set up. They said they got everything in stock, so they can install it and the installers installed it in three days.

I had a little trouble with one installer with the way he was wiring it. He wanted to go through the wall in the basement, bring the wire out, run it under conduit up to the second floor, and then run it back into a wall. I told him there is a big pipe void that the wire can be run up. But instead of doing a 220 breaker, they wired it to an existing breaker and another breaker that they installed. The guy installing my new water heater caught that and fixed it for me.

Also, they wanted their money as soon as they were done and I don't know if everything works. I told them to fill the tub with water and see how it acts. It got to halfway and the silicone started separating. He called his boss and I told him I"m not gonna give them a check until this silicone sets up and I know everything's good. He came the next day and we ran everything and everything seemed fine. The tub seems to be a good product. I like how it works and how it feels. I would recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Our new walk-in bathtub from Hydro Dimensions is fabulous. It's got a heater. It's got the jets. We did have to put a seat in it, which is just to get some height and comfort on the butt. We put in a headrest because that's what we like. It's great.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

The Hydro Dimensions sales guy came over and gave us a price. Then, it took three months for the thing to be brought. We bugged them several times, "When is it coming?" and we thought they never would tell us. They said they didn't know. We worried there for a while. Other than that, we had no problem. We like it, especially the fact that it has the whirlpool feature. We use the walk-in tub every day. However, we currently have a little problem. We're intending to call the guy who installed it to see if he could arrange to come out and see about replacing two of the little jets for the massage. One of them, invariably, pops out by the time I'm through with the whirlpool and I drain the water.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The process with Hydro Dimensions was very easy when I was going to purchase the tub. It has a shower that's mounted on the wall, and the walls are plastic. Then, it has the textured floor.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Our Harmony Tub has six water jets up the back then all the air jets on the floor and around the seat of the chair. It's next to the smallest size that Hydro Dimensions has that fits into our area, and we use it all the time as a shower. We can fill up the tub, and the water comes up to the seat. However, it doesn't totally cover those water jets, so we can't turn them on ‘cause it flies water all over the place when it just covers the bottom ones. They have to be all covered.

If we wanna use our Harmony Tub to its full capacity, we need a new water heater. We were told the water heater we had was big enough, but it's also since ’99, when this house was built. It's not efficient anymore and we can't fill it up to the full capacity of using those water jets. So, we're in the process of getting a new water heater.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

The Hydro Dimensions tub has a shower seat. It's a walk-in tub for old people. I love it. It wasn't hard to purchase but it took forever to get here. I had a construction crew put it in and everything went okay. They rebuilt my whole bathroom. I have done that many times so it wasn't our first time doing it. I had two full baths but to make more room and a bigger bath, I cut one bath in half and got rid of the shower and then pushed back the wall and made a nice bathroom for the walk-in bathtub.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information