Call toll free
4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Maintain your independence and comfort with the assistance of a Hydro Dimensions Walk-In Bathtub. We are dedicated to providing high quality products and offering the best features that are tailored for you.

With bathtub safety and healing power as top priorities, our tubs offer piece of mind with grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and therapy options to suit your needs.

At Hydro Dimensions, we insist on providing top quality assurance with timely delivery of your product. We’re with you every step of the way.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

219 Hydro Dimensions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 14, 2019

I went to Hydro Dimensions' seminar. Because of my arthritis, I decided to look into walk-in tubs. I didn’t know anything about the tubs but Hydro Dimensions was good at explaining about them. Everything has a lifetime warranty. The process of purchasing the tub was easy and the people who sold it were very knowledgeable as well. Also, the installation went well. However, it took up a little while for the tub to be installed because the installer's wife got sick. He had to take off a few times there to go and take her to the hospital. Nevertheless, I would suggest to others that they should go to the seminars before purchasing a new tub or just going out and buying one.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I've had a couple of back operations and nothing seems to work. So, I thought sitting in a walk-in bathtub would be helpful. My wife purchased one from Hydro Dimensions. It has jets at the bottom and mid-back when you sit in the tub. We had a problem though because the woman that we bought it from didn’t tell us that the size that we bought would have to be brought in through a wall instead of through the house. It was too big to go in through the doorways of our house. I was a little upset about that because she didn’t tell us that before I bought it and had it delivered. And I didn’t think about the size of it not going through a door.

The woman also didn’t tell us that we have to have a 100-gallon hot water heater to be able to fill that tub. Ours is 50 gallons and it doesn’t fill enough hot water to do it. So, luckily, I've had a contractor here that put that in and did some remodeling for us in the bathroom. And so, now, we're talking about getting a tank-less water heater and he's going to install that.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have a lot of health issues and I'm not doing real good. I wanted a walk-in tub for years. My husband looked around and decided to go with Hydro Dimensions. We had some locals install it for us and it took about four or five days. They'd come in the morning and then they'd leave around 3:00 or 4:00. It works but I don't like the door too well. It opens in. I'm a good-sized woman and it's tight when I step in. If I was any bigger, I wouldn't be able to get in. But other than that, it's really a treasure. I love the hand shower which I use to clean up, for cleansing. I enjoy being able to take a bath again and the Hydro Dimensions tub helps me to soak my legs. I would recommend it to anybody because it is really enjoyable.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered a tub through Hydro Dimensions. After I got it, the tub that was supposed to be installed wasn't installed. It was too small, the 44 x 24, and I can't sit in it. According to the salesman that came out here, he measured the tub and it was supposed to be a 48 x 28. I took it for granted when he measured it because he was gonna cut into my wall. I got an arch going over where my bathtub sits. He was gonna cut into that wall so we can get it in and I thought it was gonna be bigger than that. When the installer came in and brought the tub in here, I said that it ain't gonna work because the tub was too small. But he already had my tub busted out. He was gonna go to Willmar to get the parts but I told him to talk to the sales rep on that. I can't use it. It's too small for me. So, he's gonna come and take it out and give me my money back. I'm dissatisfied, overall.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

When my mother was moving in, I had to get something because she's not doing too good. Since she couldn't lift her leg, I needed something so she would be able to take a bath. I got a tub from Hydro Dimensions and everything was great. Their sales rep was very nice and their installers who put it together explained what had to be done. Everything was done really well and the tub looks wonderful. Other than that, I got a plumber to make the water to come in quicker because I don’t like waiting for the tub to fill. But the tub is very good quality and when you’re in there once it’s filled, it’s great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We bought Hydro Dimensions' walk-in tub through Lowe’s and it was of fine quality. But the installation was challenging because we have concrete floor. It would have been nice to have parts information with the tub and to have a little better operating instructions on how the switches work as well as a little more information on the aromatherapy. I could also use a little more information up front on some of the dimensions and putting it in myself. I had a couple of questions so I had to call their customer service and they were fair.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

A friend of mine told me about Hydro Dimensions and we got a 32 x 60 which has a massage feature, air jets, a heated seat and a light. We've used it once and we like it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My husband is getting older and it's hard for him to stand up in the shower so I got him a Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub. I purchased it through Lowe's but when I went there, they didn't really have many that would be beneficial for him. So they did the research to see which ones had the handicap door. They came up with this unit and then they had to order it. This tub has a wider door and a bigger seat. My husband is really big so we couldn't just get a little one. He wouldn't be able to fit in it. And so far, he loves the walk-in tub. He loves the hydro jets and the air jets. It keeps him warm and that's nice.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We went to a dinner meeting where the walk-in bathtub with Hydro Dimensions was explained to us. We were interested to have the hydrotherapy part of it in our own house, so we got the tub. The reps were very nice and we appreciated them. The installation went very well. The man that put it in did a very good job, and he was quick and helpful. We’ve had it a month or two, and it takes more time than just stepping in the shower quickly.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Hydro Dimensions' reps presented at a dinner and their tub sounded good. The only thing they forgot to mention was how much water capacity it has. I gotta find a different water heater because of that and I’m looking to find a continuous flow LP gas water heater. Also, the sales people ought to tell you how some specifications work. With the tub, you got the water flow on your back and it seems to clean you up without soap, only I can’t get enough water in it to cover the top. Other than that, everything seems to work so far and I’d recommend it.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have MS so getting in and out of a bathtub was really crazy for me. So a walk-in one was the answer. Hydro Dimensions has a lifetime warranty and the dealer was really good. They told me straight up what the price was going to be and they actually stopped and thought about what our water tank could contain. They didn’t say that we couldn't do it and that we had to change our tank. They looked to see what they could fit to our tank. The tub also fit in really well. It just goes into the bathroom and it looks like it’s always been there. It is nice and I can now have a bath. I like the lights too. If you’re sitting there, you can turn all the other lights out and just indulge yourself in the bath. I also like the fact that it comes on 20 minutes later to blow out the air. That’s a good feature on it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My daughter Susie looked into all of the different walk-in tubs and selected Hydro Dimensions. The reps were wonderful. They did an excellent job and I'm very pleased with my walk-in tub. I like the whirlpool with the jets and it makes me feel good.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The Hydro Dimensions walk-in bathtub is nicer than the others. I like better its features for the size, the heated water jets, and the number of jets. It also fits a large person so I chose this particular tub. The company was great to deal with but I happened to choose a very poor contractor. So, I had to go directly to the company and I've had excellent dealings with them. Joe was the best to deal with and he was fantastic. I'm liking the tub very well and it’s great for fibromyalgia in particular. I would recommend the tub very much especially if you have a large man in the family.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I looked at what Hydro Dimension's brochure said and it looked like a fair deal. I was trying to get information on a walk-in tub and I was contacted by a gentleman who represented them. He came over and gave us the spiel, and we signed up. Then, he disappeared and we wondered what was going on. I went online and I discovered that there had been some problems with the Consumer Affairs people and the company, and I'd given them half the money. When the customer makes the initial payment, there should be a follow-up so that the customer feels they haven't been left out or abandoned.

Hydro Dimension contacted me and the gentleman, who was as professional as anybody I've ever had to deal with, came with the tub. They put the tub in and did a great job. My wife loves it. I wondered whether or not we'd been ripped off, but as it turns out, we had a very good experience. I'm in correspondence with the woman who is the head of the company that sold us the tub and we've had no problems since. We live in a condo with a very small water heater compared to people with homes, and we discovered we've got more than enough hot water into the tub to make it work for us.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I got one presentation by someone from another company and when he told me the price, it was well out of the range. I’ve been looking and saw Hydro Dimensions in Northern Colorado, which was just a few miles away. They came with a price that was a couple thousand dollars lower. For my wife, getting over the height of the tub was a real challenge so the tub that we were looking for was the low entrance for my wife to be able to get into it.

I’m still working with Hydro, answering questions for me. I wondered if that 1.5-kilowatt heater would work for me, but just looking at it with an engineering background, I don’t think it will. As I understand it, it keeps the temperature of the water coming into the tub constant, but that doesn’t work when I ran out of hot water in the water tank. They recommended 50-gallon but I just bought the 40-gallon and I’m not ready to throw a $500 away to spend another $600.

I understand that the top two jets are supposed to adjust the pressure coming out because it’s too weak for me and it’s just locked into a position. I can’t move it. The three on the bottom of the tub do rotate, but I never tested them while there was water in the tub. I'm wondering if they should be adjusting to the changed pressure that comes out of the tub. I’ve already sent an email this morning to the sales rep asking him the question and I’m sure he’ll get back to me tonight. We’re very happy with the tub right now.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've done a lot of online research about walk-in tubs. Although my son he has mobility issues and really needed it, I was concerned who was gonna install it. It was important to me that the installer be somebody who was really familiar with doing this kind of an installation. I was referred to Dave from Walk-In Expert Tubs. He had done an installation for another person who was very happy with their tub. Dave said he had been doing a lot of different works for many years. He felt that Hydro Dimensions was the best. He and his partner came out and took care of everything in three days. He had gotten the permit that we needed, did the installation in three days, laid the tile floor, and removed all the debris from the demolition. I am really happy with the installation.

My tub came with the basic set of features that everybody has. It has a low step into the tub. There’s a seat, a non-skid surface on the floor and a grab bar inside. It has both the air massage and the water jet massage. It has a handheld shower attachment so that you can shower off as well as soak in the tub. The water jets can come out very powerfully, but I don’t see a good way to be able to adjust the water jets other than by feel because there aren’t any markings to let you know. There are chrome rings around the jets and it says in the manual to turn it 90˚ to get it higher or lower, but it doesn’t say to the left, to the right. They should give you more specific directions in the manual about how you turn it down. The first time, one of the jets must have been on full blast and sprayed all over the bathroom. I talked to the installer and he had said that the jets could be adjusted.

The installer told me I had to turn it to the right if I wanna close it off or turn it to the left to open it. I was able to turn the jets almost off, which to me was the only way that it was comfortable and didn't literally leave a red mark on my skin. If you lean back against the jets, you have to be sure that you don’t make the water too hot. It's also not a really great idea to lean right up against the jets.

One of the things I saw over and over online was people saying that the jets would get all over the bathroom. Maybe they never talked to anybody about how to adjust the jets so they would never use it because it was too much trouble. Hydro Dimensions should make it easy for people. The jets should be marked in some way so that people can tell going to the right is gonna turn it down, going to the left is gonna turn it up. The air massage is great though. It’s just tiny holes and there’s air that’s blowing through the water. It's very mild and there has never been any problems with that. My son uses the tub every day and it’s all working just fine. I would definitely recommend Hydro Dimensions.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I would rather have someone that's local and Hydro Dimensions' sales reps were very good. The walk-in tub is comfortable and it relaxes me. It's my own private Jacuzzi. I had a big Jacuzzi where I used to live and the walk-in tub is much better than that. Some tubs only have one little spout in the back, and mine has a lot of them for my back, on the side, for my leg, and so on. Sometimes I get in there and I just wash my hair. I love the fact that I have my spray in there, and I don't have to go take a shower. I can take a quickie. I'm very happy with it. They put about a foot up above around the tub but it should be higher. The water should be a foot higher than it is now. I called Hydro Dimensions and I know that they're gonna come out and take care of it for me. The guy said they would come and do it for me because they're nice people here.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We went with our Hydro Dimensions model since my wife just had surgery and she needs jets in a particular place. However, the shower hose was eight feet long which was crazy. It hangs down in the tub. I went on Amazon, got a four-foot one and replaced it. Now it's up on the file and goes straight up to the shower head. I now have plenty of room when I take off the shower.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We wanted a walk-in tub for my disabled daughter and Hydro Dimensions had a program for her. It was all arranged through Medicaid and the only thing we did was sign the paper that said, "Yeah, we wanted it," and then when it was completed, we signed the paper that said it was completed. The two gentlemen who installed the tub did a marvelous job. They finished it in less than a day and that included the tile in the front and back of the tub. Everything was perfect. When one of the little pieces of the lock where the door closes broke off, we talked to Tommy who came out and put some glue on it and it's working fine. He said to call him if we had any more trouble with it. When we had the old bath tub in the house, Christine used to like to sit on a little seat so that seat in the new walk-in is great for her.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I'm very arthritic and I had considered walk-in bathtubs for some time. I also talked to a couple of the makers. I was very pleased with the Hydro Dimensions rep who visited me and talked with me about it, so I made that decision to go with them. Their tub seemed to be what I wanted and it was not extremely expensive. Purchasing the tub from Hydro Dimensions was not a problem at all. I just had one visit. I waited as I was trying to decide if I would go through with it and then I did. The tub I bought has the standard features which some of the more expensive ones had. It was two months before they brought and installed it. The first person who came out to talk with me about it measured what I had in my bathroom, and it was very easily done. The crew was very gracious and very neat about everything, so I was very pleased.

We've had a miserable summer and now this rain is very hard on me because of the arthritis. But the Hydro Dimensions tub is relaxing and I've enjoyed it. I feel it has been of some value. My experience with Hydro Dimensions is fine and I'm certainly satisfied. I would recommend Hydro Dimensions to friends if they were interested.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

A salesman from Lowe’s recommended Hydro Dimensions when we were doing a bunch of other stuff for the bathrooms through Lowe’s. We wanted the best as long as we were gonna spend the money and we got the Cadillac model. It has LED lights, an air jet, a water jet and a bidet. We had a contractor install it and it went well but they had to knock a part of a wall out because it’s bigger than the tub. Also, when they finally got everything all hooked up, there was one LED light wire that got pinched when they installed it, so when we first tried the tub, filled it with water and then turned the LED lights on, one of them didn’t work from the right faucet. The guy had to order a replacement LED because he didn’t wanna try to fix the wire. He replaced the entire LED but it added about three weeks of our time because it took that long to get the replacement part.

We love the tub’s functionality and looks. I’m used to stand-up showers and it has the shower but it’s a sit-down shower so it’s different, but I like it. It will impact our lives a lot more as we get older when we can’t step out over a regular tub. I’m in my 70s now, so I can’t just jump over a tub easily as much anymore. We broke a clip for the magnetic panel on the front of it though and I looked on the site but I can’t find anything for spare or replacement parts. I even looked in the manual and I couldn’t find a part number for that clip. But as far as everything else, we really like it. It works great and we’re happy with the product.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My husband and I are elderly and are having some medical problems so we decided to get a Hydro Dimensions Walk-In Bathtub. It has all the jets on it for our feet and back, it has lights and it has aroma too. Our purchase experience was good. The rep was nice and very informative, and the installation team did a good job in getting the tub in. It’s not yet finished be we can use it. My husband hasn’t been able to get in a tub for several years and he has a lot of joint problems so it has helped him more.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We had our whole bathroom modeled for my daughter who’s handicapped. We went to Lowe's because I could get a line of credit there to purchase a new bathroom. They had a display of Hydro Dimension's walk-in tub which was the kind my daughter wanted. She liked the jets, the seat, and the spray handle. And since she had several spinal surgeries and the spinal stimulator implanted, we thought that would be good for her back. It was also easy for her to get in and out by herself with the handles and how they designed the bathroom for her.

When we ordered the tub, everything was sent out to our house. It sat in our garage for a while before a young man came to inspect everything. He just looked at the numbers on the boxes and never opened them. It was only opened during the demo to take everything out of the bathroom and apparently, it wasn't the right tub. It was bisque when we ordered a white one. They had to reorder another one and we had to wait for another three weeks for the white tub. Then, when it was delivered, so much went on because the contractors came in, threw boxes around, looked at things, and moved them to the side. They actually lost some nuts and bolts to the toilet. It was a mess, but we got everything fixed out. We keep filling it up to above the jets and turn them on to make sure everything is flushed out of them.

However, the unit seems smaller than the one she tried out in Lowe’s and is tight for her to get in and out. When she gets in, she has no elbow room to do anything. And since my daughter’s been very ill, she has put on some weight. And for a heavier person, I wouldn't recommend the tub at all. Even my husband wouldn’t be able to get in there. She also has nerve damage in her right leg and got three titanium screws holding her pelvis together so it’s hard for her to move where there’s no room. In addition, the one my daughter tried in Lowe's has a slanted seat while the one that was installed is straight up and down. It’s a total different tub, but we already got it in now and we couldn’t take it out.

In addition, I could put the drain down very easily with this tub but trying to get it up would need muscle man. My daughter couldn’t do it so I have to come in, use both hands and let the water out for her. But she still hasn't used the tub because we have major problems with the water. Every time I try to get an answer about it, everybody would push it off on somebody else. Nobody wanted to talk to me. So, I had to take matters in my hand. I had to call the city of Leesburg and have them come out and check our water. Come to find out after calling several people, getting a lot of information and showing them the green stuff that was coming through the water, it seemed that we had algae in our tanks coming from our water softener. So we had to put a whole brand new system in.

Now I’m trying to get the water flushed through the lines ‘cause now, the green algae is through them. I was told to run the hot water till there’s no more hot water left everyday. So, I’ve been running the cold and the hot water everyday but what’s coming through now is sand which is what’s down in the bottom of our hot water heater. When my husband comes home tomorrow, he would have to drain the hot water heater and get the sand out.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My husband is disabled and on oxygen. When he is in the shower, it’s too humid for him and he can’t breathe. He also could not get in and out of the other tubs so we decided on a walk-in tub. We checked several and they were too expensive so we got Hydro Dimensions through Lowe’s and buying it was very simple and we were very satisfied. The tub has the jets, air and lights. It also has the handheld shower head and the grab bars.

The tub is wonderful and it’s doing what we wanted it to do other than the fact that now we have to purchase a new hot water tank and Hydro didn't tell us that. We really like the bathtub but the hot water tank that we have won’t cut it. My husband is not able to use the jets because he can't get enough hot water to get above them. Still, we had a neat experience with Hydro and the tub has been great because it gives my husband more dignity. He can take his own bath instead of me having to bathe him and it works wonderfully.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Hydro Dimensions had the lifetime warranty. Another company also offered that, but they were expensive. Hydro Dimensions was very supportive and helpful with getting me all the instructions in advance for the system so that I could give them to the plumber and the contractor, and everything went smoothly. The purchasing experience was perfect and I had no issues. I went straight to the manufacturer and they were very knowledgeable and had extremely good expertise. I just had to speak to one of the engineers and I outsourced the installation. I got a Hydro Dimension that has the seats, air massage, hydrotherapy, light therapy and aromatherapy as I have a disabled child. It is more convenient for me because I don’t have to pick him up and put him in a tub anymore, my back doesn’t hurt as much.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I got a walk-in tub from Hydro Dimensions and it has a built-in shower seat, textured floor, and grab bars. The installers did a very good job. I like the tub. And I’m incapacitated, so it helps me a lot.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We were so convinced with the Hydro Dimensions rep that we wanted to get their tub. He did a very nice job explaining all about it and the two fellas installed the tub in one day. The tub matched the decor in the bathroom, and it has a shower, a seating arrangement and additional ports on the back and sides. You can also arrange the temperature of the water and it stays nice. I also love the stimulation from the ports. It’s very comfortable. The tub is also beautiful and very relaxing.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Hydro Dimensions was about $2,000 cheaper than Safe Step and it has grab bars, non-slip flooring and jets. Plus it has the heated seat and back. But I've been trying to get them out here to go over the directions again because I don't think the book is very explicit. First of all, the picture they have for the bubbler, the air jets, has a different picture on it. It has three emblems on the top while mine is strictly silver. So I don’t know how to work that.

And also the water jets that are behind me, especially because I’m right there, are too powerful and I need to figure out how to turn them down. The book sort of explains it and I tried to do that but I’ve never been able to do it. And that’s why I need somebody back out here to show me exactly what I’m supposed to be doing. There was also lack of communication once I ordered till I got it. I had to keep calling them to get any information back about when it was gonna come. It took about 10 weeks rather than eight. They said that was because of the heated seat. I could understand that but it just seemed like I did all the calling. They didn’t call me at all.

Hydro Dimensions response
Mrs. Degner,

We are very happy to hear that you are very pleased with our product but really concerned with the lack of communication you are getting from the dealer you purchased from. Please reach out to them again and if you continue to have an issue reaching them, call into our customer support team and we will assist you with getting a hold of them. You can call us toll free at;

Hydro Dimensions Customer Support

888-818-7111

Original review: July 17, 2018

The contractors purchased the tub from Hydro Dimensions for me and it's a good product. It's a walk-in spa tub that has hydro jet. The tub fit in my bathroom and I’m happy with it so far. However, I'm not too happy with the dealer I bought it from. I had an issue or two and I called them and they said they would call me back but they haven't. So I reached out to Hydro Dimensions. They seemed responsive and they were willing to work with me. And I got the issue resolved. Hydro Dimensions is a pretty good company and their tub has helped a lot in terms of my mobility and comfort.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have a walk-in tub at another location but I didn’t want to use the same brand. So I went online and checked out other companies. I also checked if the company could do in Sarasota and I found Hydro Dimensions. A gentleman set up an appointment and came to my home. I told him what I was looking for and why I was looking for it. He showed me the different models from which I could pick from and he said they could add or take out anything I wanted. He also talked to my husband and then my husband took his pick and we added some extra features. And the deal was done.

I like the design of their tub as well as the choices that I had where I could make it wider. My other tub is just Jacuzzi and it’s very narrow. So it appealed to me that I could get the Hydro Dimensions tub in different sizes. Also, the door opens outward which was the major deal because the inward door is a pain. My Hydro Dimensions tub has the standard stuff like the shower but I was able to add more jets and more air vents as many as I wanted. And that was a big plus to me because some of the tubs come with just standard three or four air jets. So it’s nice to have this flexibility with Hydro Dimensions. The young men who came out for the installation worked great all day. They were very professional and courteous. They were very nice and they cleaned up.

Hydro Dimensions expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1993 by veterans in the specialty bathing industry, this company specializes in creating walk-in tubs and custom hydrotherapy and air massage systems. Located in Temecula, California, their products are featured in showrooms nationwide.

• Standard features: Hydro Dimensions' soaking tubs include a low threshold step-in, a high capacity faucet, a contoured door latch, a 17-inch high seat, a tile flange water barrier, an extension panel and angled grab bars.

• Massage therapy systems: Hydro Dimensions tubs can be outfitted with massage therapy systems. Air jets and water jets can be added to make your tub an in-house spa. Options include Deep Soak, Hydro Massage, Air Massage and Combo Massage therapy systems.

• Sanitization options: Hydro Dimensions offers an ozone sanitization system that cleans the tub and its jets by circulating ozone. There is also a UV sanitization system that uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, mold and other disease-causing microorganisms.

• Drain options: Each Hydro Dimensions tub comes with a door drain to keep water from pooling when you open the door. You can upgrade your tub with a Safe-T Drain that is capable of draining a full tub in about 85 seconds.

• Other features: Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be outfitted for aromatherapy and chromatherapy. These tubs can also be equipped with headsets and heated backrests.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility, senior citizens and individuals with joint pain.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information