2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and speciality tubs that provide users with independence and comfort. The company offers high-quality products and add-on features that can be customized for enhanced safety and security. With grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and various therapy options, Hydro Dimensions tubs can provide some peace of mind. All tubs also come with a lifetime warranty.

BOTTOM LINE

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in bathtub manufacturer. It offers 16 sizes and models of walk-in tubs with a variety of add-on features, including hydro and massage therapy. All tubs include a lifetime warranty.

PROS
  • Network of dealers
  • Highly customizable
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Available nationwide
CONS
  • Have to work through a third party
  • Can be pricey

Top Hydro Dimensions Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

I have never had such exemplary customer service in my life. ...The installation crew was neat; painted and replaced trim where necessary. When done we tipped them accordingly. Accolades to these wonderful people. Oh the tub is amazing. I have fibromyalgia, and it relieves my muscle pain…

I like the quality, the way the door was designed, the space, and the safety bars of Hydro Dimensions. The installation was a little tricky...but I warned the people about that...I was very proud of them because they did a really good job despite all the problems that I pre-told them they were…

What is Hydro Dimensions?

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in tub and therapy system manufacturer. It makes walk-in tubs then works with a network of dealers for distribution and installation. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub business for more than 25 years.

There are 16 walk-in tub options available, making it a highly customizable purchasing experience. Additionally, there are seven options for massage therapy. These walk-in tubs are built to order, making it easy to add massage systems and additional features. Massage therapies can be beneficial for those with disabilities or who need extra relaxation. Jet placement can even be customized for more targeted relief.

Because of the nature of walk-in tub installations and the number of parts, Hydro Dimensions adheres to strict government certifications for electrical systems, drains and tub shells. Additionally, every tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty. Coverage includes the shell, frame and finish, motors, electronic controls, door seals and supporting equipment.

How does Hydro Dimensions work?

Bathrooms can be the most dangerous room for older people and those who have disabilities. Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and massage therapy systems that are both comfortable and safe.

Standard walk-in bathtub features include angled grab bars, a low entry threshold with a 17-inch-high seat, extension panels and a contoured door latch. Examples of upgrades include heated backrests, custom jet placement, massage therapy, UV sanitation and aromatherapy. All tubs come with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions has third-party dealers and installers throughout the United States, and its walk-in tubs are built to order. One thing to keep in mind: Be sure you’re working with a licensed, professional plumber. Because tub installation includes plumbing and electrical work, it's definitely not a do-it-yourself type of project.

Hydro Dimensions costs

Because of its highly customizable options, the cost of Hydro Dimensions’ tubs range widely. However, you can plan to spend anywhere from $4,500 to $11,500 or more. Factors that affect the cost include the features you add, tub size, tub color and any therapy upgrades.

Quotes may or may not include the installation cost, so be sure to talk with a representative about pricing ahead of time. However, each tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions FAQ

Does Hydro Dimensions offer installation services?
In some cases, Hydro Dimensions offers installation services. Be sure to ask a representative if the cost you’re quoted includes installation. If not, you’ll have to work with a local professional.
Where are Hydro Dimensions tubs available?
Hydro Dimensions is based out of California. However, it has dealers throughout the United States. Representatives can help you connect with a local dealer.
Does Hydro Dimensions offer different tub models?
Yes. There are 16 different walk-in tub models available. Additionally, there’s a variety of features available to upgrade and customize your tub.
Does Hydro Dimensions work through third-party dealers?
Yes. Hydro Dimensions manufacturers the tub and works with third-party dealers to sell and install.

Is Hydro Dimensions legit?

Yes. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub industry for more than 25 years. It offers a selection of walk-in tubs with highly customizable features. This makes it easy to find the right size and select from any specialty features you need. Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be pricey ($6,500 to $11,500); however, each tub comes with a lifetime warranty that covers motors, electrical controls, the door seal, supporting equipment and the bathtub shell, frame and finish.

Each Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub is built to order. You can choose your colors, additional safety features and therapies. With 16 different models and several customization options, finding one to fit your specific needs should be fairly easy.

Hydro Dimensions Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I like my walk-in tub from Hydro Dimensions except a lot of times, when I drain the tub, there's like sand at the bottom. But up until today, it's happened about almost every time. Sometimes, I go in there and sit in the tub and wash my hair. That works out really well. I just kind of lean over and it's an easy way for me to get my hair washed as well as taking a bath. I was in a hurry today so I didn’t linger in there. It's really handy for me to wash my hair there. I have back problems and sitting in there, the warmth really does help me. I wash my hair in the morning, but sometimes in the evening, I'll go in there and just relax and let the bubbles and the air kind of flow. I enjoy that very much. I haven't been able to take a bath for four years because when I had my knee replaced, I wasn't able to get out of a regular bathtub because you have to flip over on your knee to get out. I couldn't do that. But now, I can.

I have recommended Hydro Dimensions to a friend. She had gone to one of those seminars where they feed you dinner and they try to sell you. A few years ago, I was interested in a walk-in tub and so was she. So, we had a fellow come out. He told me that I couldn't have one because of the way my window was in the bathroom. This fellow from Hydro Dimensions came out. He called me first. He was here for a long time. He went over everything. He said, “Oh, yeah, they could do it.” What they did was they have like a little shelf behind the tub that they kind of build into. I can set stuff there like shampoo. It sounded really good. But what sold me on it was what he said that I could get a doctor's note that it could be considered a medical device. I got my rheumatologist to write the note. So, I'm hoping that next year, when I do my taxes, that can be considered.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I liked the warranty with Hydro Dimensions, which is extensive. We moved here a year ago and I moved from a 6-foot bathtub, and my husband promised jets and everything, so that was one of the things I left behind. I'm enjoying the bathtub although my hubby does not because he thought it was more of a shower thing. But it’s okay. I’m gonna put a shower in the other little bathroom and that’ll make him happy.

I love the jets and the ease of just walking in. My knee bothers me so it's great. The installers were very nice young gentlemen. There was a problem with the tub and it kept leaking on the outside. They couldn't figure it out at first. It was something to do with the pop-off valve underneath the front of the door. That line right there got loose somehow and the gentlemen had to fix that. Now, it doesn't leak all over outside. I liked everything and the only thing is that we didn't get the diverter because it wouldn’t work right there. The guy said that it would cause molds and there’s no way I wanted all that. So, we got the money back but the guy that was doing the billing wasn't aware of that. The amount was less than it should have been and I had to explain to him. So, there needs to be a little more communication. But that’s everywhere.

Original review: July 19, 2020

We had been talking about getting a walk-in with our son and daughter-in-law who live over in Harker Heights and we found Hydro Dimensions. The guy in Pearland called and we chatted for a while and then we agreed that he would come by and talk about it. I then went ahead and signed up for it. The crew that came was very experienced and I checked their temperature every day. When the tub first came, the guy hooked it up and ran everything outside. There was a piece of cardboard under, so that if there was a leak of any type, he could fix it before them bringing it in the house. That worked out good and there weren't any leaks.

I requested that they leave one side open as you close in around it, so that we could put shelves in there. They had never done that before, but the guys did a good job and we were pleased with the shelving that we got. It’s hidden and you can’t tell unless you go around on the side of it. It went in well because we had a big Whirlpool in there and they took that out. Everything fits and matched right up. However, we have a shower right next to the tub, which is not one of these big 8-foot walk-ins, and they sent a little bigger seat for the inside. I know it’s more expensive for the company, but they didn't send the right size. Now, it's working okay, but considering the door and the showerhead, we don't have that much room in there. I personally don't like that it's tight.

It was extremely overpriced as well. I made a big mistake. I found ones that I could get that aren’t too very different locally from Lowe’s and the price would be several thousand less. Another thing is that it takes a lot of water and after you fill it up, the mechanism that pulls the drain up is very difficult. You push it down, and the arrow points straight down on the dial. You then pull up the handle on the little knob to bring the stopper out to release the water, but it doesn’t wanna come up. The first time, everything worked perfect, but the next time, we had a terrible time getting that thing up.

My wife can’t do that and I have to help her pull that thing up so that the plug will come up. I really have to strain to do it. Of course, I’m not as strong as I used to be. Maybe for everybody else, it could be simple, but it’s quite a chore for us. I was gonna dive down and get it, but finally, we got it. I’ve called the salesman and told him about that, but he’s not available now. They might have to drive out this way and take a look at that because I really have to struggle. It's about the only problem we’ve had in it though. Apart from that, the wife enjoys it.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Lowe's carried this brand and I liked all the features that it was saying that it had. We have some friends that are carpenters and they installed it. It took about two weeks to do everything. They had to take the old tub out and the door off and the frame because of the size. My mother had a walk-in tub years ago and every time she took a bath, water would get on the floor. When the jets were on and when it was bubbling, it would get on the floor too. But this one is a little bit taller than hers was, and it's great. Not a drop of water on the floor. The instructions to use the tub and then take a shower, I do it the other way around. That way, I can just take it easy. Now I'm having trouble with the aroma beads. I tried to call the number on my papers and I couldn't get through. I ordered some online, and they were in too big of a net thing. Then when I turned it on, it just flew up in the air. I need to order some. But I’m very pleased. People should get this.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I had some bad experiences with other companies in the past, and I wanted a manufacturer that was local to California. I went with Hydro Dimensions. The person I initially spoke with was very patient. I went to their showroom. He showed me different models, and we picked the one that was best suited for my bathroom because my bathroom was already tiled. I had to get something that could fit flush up against the wall. It was a good experience. It was pretty smooth-going from the ordering to the delivery.

My tub has a textured floor. It has a built-in seat, whirlpool jets, and the handheld shower spray. It does drain very fast. I am very pleased and satisfied with the performance of the tub. I did call them back and ordered the seat cushion and the headrest. They explained to me about not using the regular bubble bath because that will clog up the whirlpool jets. When you get the jets, it's no longer a cleansing bath. You can't clean and do a bubble bath like you normally do on a regular tub because you don't want to clog up those jets. So, it becomes more of a therapeutic ordeal.

Original review: March 17, 2021

The installers did a one day installation and did a very good job. They knew what they were doing and they cleaned up any mess they made. However, my wife doesn't think that their demonstration is too much to be proud of because everything went so fast. She didn't understand what the heck was going on, and I have a hearing problem. We're a little frustrated at the moment and my wife is not as happy as she would be. We’re of the opinion that we need a 50-gallon water tank because it doesn't have enough hot water. My wife thinks that the water has to be a certain level over the water jet on the back before we activate it. One day, we did it anyway and there was water shooting all over the place. Apart from that, the quality’s very good on our Hydro Dimensions tub. My says she wife likes it a lot more when she can actually use it. So far, she hasn't used it, except to take a bath in.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I enjoy my Hydro Dimensions walk-in bathtub. I don't use it that often because I usually take a shower. But every now and then, I feel like getting a nice, warm bath. I use the bathtub maybe every other week. I'm very happy with it.

Original review: March 3, 2021

The Hydro Dimensions rep gave me a good price and it was cheaper than the other ones. He was nice. Scheduling took almost four months, but it was due to the ordering. Apart from that, I love my walk-in bathtub. I can get in and out of it without falling.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I wanted a walk-in tub. I made my connections and I did all of my research online with the Hydro Dimensions representative on the phone. After I felt comfortable with that, I just told my personal plumber that's what I wanted. He followed through to make the purchase for me. I like the jets and that's my favorite part. The quality seems great. I got it because it was meant to help my husband who's older to get in and bathe.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I called Hydro Dimensions and they set up an appointment. The representatives came out to my house and talked. They were very informative, professional, and congenial. The installation was a challenge, but they did what they had to do. We had to sift through the noise and the dust and it was more than a 12-hour, two-person task and that's just the way it had to be. Then I had to call them about four days after the installation when I saw a brown spot in my ceiling underneath where the area was. They came and checked it out and didn't find anything wrong. We assumed that it must have been some water that dripped from the installation test, like ran down a foot or so and didn't come through for me to see it until a few days had gone by. It hasn't reoccurred yet.

I'm very satisfied with the tub. It's a beautiful-looking product and it's a soaking tub. My husband has a heart condition and they said if he ever used it, it wouldn't be a smart thing to have. Although he may eventually use it someday, he's kind of jealous of it. It's something if somebody comes to my house, I'm gonna take them there and show it off. Right now, I’m satisfied.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information