4.67/5
Based on 184 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Maintain your independence and comfort with the assistance of a Hydro Dimensions Walk-In Bathtub. We are dedicated to providing high quality products and offering the best features that are tailored for you.

With bathtub safety and healing power as top priorities, our tubs offer piece of mind with grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and therapy options to suit your needs.

At Hydro Dimensions, we insist on providing top quality assurance with timely delivery of your product. We’re with you every step of the way.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 18, 2018

189 Hydro Dimensions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 18, 2018

When Hydro Dimensions came to our house, we presented to them the features we were looking for and they had all of them. We weren't gonna be interested at all if they didn't have what we were looking for, like one of the whirlpools. At that time we had a list of five to 10 things that we asked for and the sales rep did a good job of presenting his information. We've had the tub for a while and we've been happy with it. My wife has a problem with her knee and it helped a lot with her not having to climb over a bathtub to get into it.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I'd like to make it easy for my mother with the hydrotherapy. She's 82 years old and probably gonna live here with us for a while so I figured might as well bite the bullet. I do a lot of work myself. And realistically, I could have put the tub in myself. But we had just moved my mother in with us and so, between trying to take care of her and that, that's where I just figured to just have someone do it. We had the smaller one and I told my mother-in-law about that but she said that was too small.

The Hydro Dimensions salesman was on top of everything. When he said he was gonna call, he called. When he said he was gonna come here, he came. When he tentatively set up the first installation date, he said that just in case, it may not happen that date but everything happened. I'm content with what they did. However, I asked him about the weight of the tub, and knowing that water weighs 8 pounds a gallon and he didn't know that. I thought that would be something he knew.

The installers were clean and professional. I wanted to make sure it was gonna be done in a day so I gave them a couple hours head start. I took off the tile and drywall for where the tub was gonna go. And they did a pretty good job. Everyone's content and happy with the way everything went. I would recommend them. Give 'em a call and have 'em come out and give you a price. Most companies don't operate that way where you can just buy the tub from 'em. Or you can go to Home Depot or Lowe's and you can always buy a tub that way. If I even liked it too, I could've just bought the tub through Zak's and I like that feature.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The tub was for my mother-in-law and Hydro Dimensions offered the amount that we could afford. The tub had the heated seats and all the jets and stuff. The sales agent was pretty good. He explained it thoroughly and got the paperwork done. Then the installation went pretty good. I just had to clean up, repaint the walls and stuff like that. Other than that, it was okay. They were nice. My mother-in-law likes the tub. Give Hydro Dimensions a call and check it out. Get a free estimate.

Original review: April 9, 2018

When I decided to replace my old bathtub I did a lot of research on the internet. I got 6 estimates. Five of the estimates were useless, because they could not make the turn in the hallway with the tub to get it through the door without destroying a large portion of the house. The local dealer for Hydro Dimensions measured and proposed that the tub be put through the wall from the family room. Also, he was familiar with "reverse plumbing" which is necessary because of the position of the toilet in our bathroom. Since our slab is post-tensioned, the drain had to remain where it was when the house was built. Bringing the tub through the wall and reverse plumbing solved those problems.

Hydro Dimensions had the tub I wanted at a reasonable price. The local dealer was great. He followed up with us on a daily basis, and the entire installation was smooth and the results very professional. I have already recommended my local dealer to several people who want a walk in tub. I find bathing in my deep walk in tub to be Bathing Bliss!

Original review: April 5, 2018

My husband was taking showers standing up and he wouldn't let anybody help him except when he got out to help him dry. I was very worried that he'd fall into the shower. Then I saw Hydro Dimensions' walk-in bathtub being advertised a lot and I thought that would be great, so I decided to buy one. We live in a modular home and because of that, I went with their rep because he specializes in these type of homes. There were houses that were already constructed and his company did a very good job with them. His company was called Factory Direct and he said he could sell it to me at a cheaper price. American Standard, which is based in Texas, started at $13,000 and this gentleman sold it at $7,000 before I added anything else on it. So it was under $10,000 with him and I went with the cheapest one.

He was very helpful and he explained everything. He showed me the different ones that were available and helped me pick out the one that would go best in that space where we have it now which is in the front bathroom that guests use and it has the same shower that the master bathroom has. So it was a wall to wall shower and now, it's a wall to wall tub. I had to wait to 48 hours after they installed the tub before I could use it and the first time I used it, I ran out of hot water. But other than that, I love it. So far, I'm not yet able to use the deep tub because I’m waiting for my plumber to put in a system that would put water in the tub all the time. But I’ve been using it as a shower and I'm very happy with it.

With my Hydro Dimensions tub, I could sit in and wash my own hair. I’ve been going through the beauty operator once every two weeks to have my hair washed because I haven’t been able to wash my hair in the shower for two years and more. Having to chip my head back got me dizzy and I started to fall so I hadn’t been doing that. I had a kidney failure about five years ago and from then on I really couldn’t wash my hair at home. It almost killed me. I ended up in a hospital and I missed five days of my life. I also showed my tub to several friends and said how much I like it. I also suggested that they may want to do something about it now while they still have the money, instead of waiting for their retirement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: March 25, 2018

We went to a place called Kingston Bath and one of the gentlemen came to the house and told us about Hydro Dimensions' walk-in bathtub. They quoted us a price and at the time, the gentleman that was representing them did a good job. He said they could get us the door that opens out and that was the time that we had the money and we decided to go with it. I’m 60 and my husband is 55. And we figured down the road when we get a little bit older, that might be something that we would enjoy more being in and out of the bath.

However, I would never buy another one off of Kingston Bath. First, the rep said the tub would be delivered in about four weeks but we didn’t hear from them. We called and he said there was an issue and that there was going to be a little flaw in getting the tub to us. When I asked what was up, he wouldn’t let me know and told me they'd let us know when the tub would become available.

So, another six weeks went by and all of a sudden we had some foundation issue with our house and had to get it taken care of because there was a hole inside. So when their rep called to say that they got the tub for us, we told them they couldn't deliver it. We got to get the hole fixed first because we didn't want to get the tub installed then turn around and have the house jacked. So we did some calls and we got a guy that could come over and do it. About a week later after he came and got to fix it, I called Kingston Bath and told them to come and deliver.

When they did, they showed us how to use it and kept on telling us to hurry up. When my husband walked in, he broke the door handle because they didn’t show him that he had to push the button and turn it. Then they hooked the water up which was an easy mistake, cold to hot and hot to cold, but we didn’t know that the water was in line to a switch. They came back four days later and needed to put sealant around it. But the guy only brought one thing of sealant so he had to run out and get another one. Then, when we took a shower, all the water ran down behind and across the floor. And not once did Kingston Bath or Hydro call or send anything.

The tub is fine but it’s the same as any other tub. We had an old cast iron tub before this and I would have kept it. But it’s easier to take a bath in the Hydro bathtub if we wanted. I’d tell my friends about it but I'd tell them not to do it with Kingston Bath. If they wanted the Hydro Dimensions, they better find somebody else that would install it or represent Hydro Dimensions. With how expensive a tub is, you'd they’d pick up the phone one time.

Hydro Dimensions response

Mrs. Emmett this is the first time we are hearing anything about this or any issues that you had with our dealer. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced these types of issues. We will reach out to the dealer and address our concerns right away. Please know that if you ever have any issues or concerns with your bathtub you can call us direct and we will assist you right away. You can reach our customer service department by calling 1-888-818-7111 and they will be happy to help you.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I wanted to experience sitting in hot water if I'm showering. There was a repair done on my house and Hydro Dimensions was recommended to me. It took a couple of days for the tub to get here but they got it together. Then they had to do a remodeling on the door to get the tub in but it turned out all right. They also put in the bars to hold onto and the installation went well. They answered all my questions, told me how to use the tub, and recommended to do a water heater, so I put that in. The bathtub has jets that I could turn on and off and partially off. There’s also supposed to be a feature that releases some kind of ethanol and I know I could go and have it working.

So far, the tub is doing well. I like to use it and I do my routine around it. That’s the best thing. But I have a problem with the water. I got a 40-gallon heater and have to be careful because it'd be really hot for as long as I wanted. And I have to put cold water to try to regulate it to get the tub full because the hot water is not enough to fill it. So I would explain to others that it'd be better to have a 50-gallon water heater with it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have rheumatoid arthritis so I wanted to continue taking baths but I could not use my step-down tub. My daughter and I researched online, and found that there's a Hydro Dimensions location close by to us so we went to check it out. We liked it and we liked Dale real well. He was very nice, great, informative, and I'd tell others to talk to him. The purchasing process was easy and we got the handicap model walk-in tub. It has a shower, grab bar, and the jets. It also opens out, which would work better than the one that's going in if I end up in a wheelchair. The Hydro Dimensions' product is great and has all good impact in my daily life.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Hydro Dimensions is not a very well-known brand, and the only reason that I knew about them is that I had my secretary call all around to find some place that had tubs in-stock so I can go try them out. The local dealer has four on their showroom floor. I chose them because there are some people who believe they're even better than who the top manufacturer is, their rep is local, and I was able to test out the tub. They were better priced, too, as they're in between American Standard and Kohler price-wise. But everyone says the quality of Hydro Dimensions exceeds Kohler's quality. I got the one that has jets and a heater, and I chose it because of its size. I also had a special order on the finish and they were able to take care of it. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I was able to get better information from Lowe's about what Hydro tub I was buying. The dealer answered all the questions I had, and they had a brochure that they put out that gave me a lot of information on it. Purchasing the tub was very easy. They had to order it and it took a couple of weeks, which was not too long. Our tub has got air jets, water jets, aromatherapy and chromatherapy, although the aromatherapy can't be bought going in anymore. We ordered some and it's been six weeks since we ordered it, but we don't have it yet. Since the original manufacturers didn't make it anymore, there were three units of it that were going to be shipped, but I do not recall when it would be. Overall the tub has the features that I wanted. My wife couldn't get in and out of a regular tub, so our Hydro tub has been a great pleasure for her.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My wife had a stroke, and that's the reason why I wanted a tub. She's improving from it, but she can't get in and out of a regular tub. With a walk-in tub, she can just walk in. The company from whom I got our Hydro Dimensions tub did a good job of showing me what was needed and what they had. Our tub has the jets and the warm seat. Those are the main features besides being deep and being a walk-in tub, and those were all the features we wanted. We're older and there's a lot of arthritis, so the hydrotherapy features are important for us.

Purchasing the Hydro tub was fairly straightforward because everything was spelled out for us, and everybody did what they were supposed to do on that level. The people we worked through were also very good because there was a delay of the installation. We suddenly had a roofing problem right over where they were going to be working and we had to work out that problem first. They were very good about dealing with it.

For various reasons, we've only been able to use the Hydro tub once. We're still working out some bugs with it, and the company is coming out to fix the one thing that was there that they're responsible for. So, we're still ironing out problems but they are problems that can be ironed out. With the one use of the actual tub by my wife with the occupational therapist, she had a wonderful experience. I will eventually get around to using it, but not until we're absolutely sure I have everything right with her.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Since I intend to grow very old in my home, I needed a walk-in tub. I went to a Home and Garden show and there were two or three companies that presented their products. But I selected Hydro Dimensions, the company I thought with the best and most informative literature. The salesperson was very nice but he should have explained how everything has to be custom-made to fit in my small bathroom. It would have helped if I have been more patient with the salesperson and if I had known how long it takes to make a custom tub and surrounds. But the installation was done well even though it was done in a hurry like four days only.

I also wanted a new toilet and vanity. So they made over my bathroom. And I like the tub very much. Its door opens and I walk in. Also, I have a lot of arthritis, fibromyalgia and old bones and joints and muscles so the tub is a big help after I worked in the yard all day. I have access to the shower as well and the tub got the jet, grab-bar and enough bells and whistles for me. The only thing that it doesn't have that I wish I had gotten is a heater, to keep the water warm when it's cold in my bathroom.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My wife and I are getting old and we couldn't get down into a regular tub and get back out. We were at the farm show at Kansas City and I was talking to a salesman from Verilux Windows about their products. Then the bathtub came up and we got our Hydro Dimensions from them. The model that we got was the one they offered so that's all I know. I was a little bit surprised at its cost and initially, I thought we were not going through with the purchase. But my wife said we'll do it.

We've got a walk-in shower but we decided that it might be nice to have a sit-down bath. We also got the handheld showerhead and the heater. So far, my wife has taken a bath about three times on the tub and found out it's easier to shave her legs in it than how she had been doing it before. But during installation, I had a little bit of trouble with their electrician. He had to put two separate wires and he only put one in. Then he came back three days later and got the other wire hooked up. The installation was completed in August. So Hydro Dimensions kept saying about their one day installation on TV but they didn't really blow in any big detail. They need to stress that's it's going to take maybe two days to put the tub in. Also, our house is about 20 years old but it's newer. Compared to it, an older house might be a mess trying to get the tub in. Other than that, we got along with the company and I'd recommend them to someone.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have spinal stenosis and I wanted a walk-in bathtub for that. I saved for it and when I got it, I was not happy. I looked at three different companies and Hydro Dimensions was right here in my hometown so I decided to go with them. However, everything went wrong. My shower curtain, which was hooked from the ceiling, came off already and then the shower head keeps falling off so I'm very upset with that. I paid for the products on the 27th of May and they installed it in on the 4th of August.

It took that long since I was going on vacation. They said that they would come when I get back in two weeks and they’ll be ready to set up at that time. But when I got home, I called them and they said that they don't have the products ordered yet as it was sent to the wrong place. At that time, he had a wrong tune right there. They said it wasn't their fault that it got sent to a different place and that when they got the order shipped to them, the tub was all cracked so they had to reorder.

The installation team was very nice. They did everything that they were supposed to. However, when the first electrician came, he said that he couldn't hook the tub up since there wasn't enough place in the fuse box. But he still hooked it up so that they could test it. Then they tried to make me put in a new fuse box for $900. I refused to do that since my fuse box was big enough. Then I got a letter from the company, saying that my tub is not warranted and they would not be responsible for it if something happened as I refused to put a new fuse box in. In the mid-time, I asked them for another electrician to come and check it. The electrician that came said that he sees no problems and that there’s a lot of room there. So, he went ahead and fixed my fuse box.

I called the manager of the company to find out what’s going on and asked him to talk to the electrician. He said that he would call me the next week and that we'll get together. But it's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything from him. I called him again last week and they said he was in a meeting and he had a salesman call me. I don’t like the salesman as he says, “Honey” or “Sweetie” and I get insulted. I could catch his eyes up. I told the salesman that I wanted to talk to David, the manager, since he knows about all what's going on. I wrote the manager back a letter and told him that the other electrician was here and fixed the fuse box. I wanted him to send me a letter that it is under warranty but I haven't heard a word from him. I should’ve never paid them since I might have had a little more leverage. But now, there's nothing I can do and I'm very unsatisfied.

Hydro Dimensions response

Mrs. Anderson we are extremely bothered to hear that you are having these issues with the local dealer. We put a call into their office to express your concerns and was told that you will be hearing from them shortly. Please keep in mind that your tub is registered in our system and is covered by a life time warranty. If any issues with our walk-in bathtub arise, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Hyydro Dimensions Customer Service Team

888-818-7111

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My mother wanted a walk-in tub and so we got a Hydro Dimensions. My mom’s doctor had heard about them, specifically, Aging Safely Baths. And he said that they’re very highly recommended and they also are one of the most reasonable for installations and pricing overall. She also wanted the bubbles and she needs the hand bars. We’re happy they had one that fit our bathroom because we have a mountain house up there and it has a very small bathroom. And Aging Safely and Zach, and his team were amazing. They said at first, it would take them two days to do the install. They were worried about my mom not being able to use a bathroom because she would’ve had to try to go upstairs, which it wouldn’t have happened. And so, they stayed and worked until almost 11:00 at night to get it done so that it would just be a one-day install, and she would still have use of her bathroom and everything after that.

Since she’s got the tub, she’s more relaxed and even her walking is easier. That was part of the problem that she couldn’t really soak in a tub with Epsom salts and stuff. And so, this really helped with her being able to get in and sit down and have all her legs being bubbled away with Epsom salts. My mom is happy as a clam. I highly recommend Hydro Dimensions and I’ve also referred Zach and his company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I had to help my wife in and out with the tub we had. It was completely ridiculous so I decided to get Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub. However, I’m not too happy with the installation. The contractor they recommended to do installation took an awfully long time to get it done and they left the crawlspace in my hallway open. I couldn’t find the piece to go back in there, so I had to cut a piece to put in there. And the caulking around the tub isn’t finished. Other than that, its overall quality is fantastic,

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We went down to a place in Temecula to look at walk-in tubs. My husband did a lot of research, so he knows more than I do. We liked Hydro Dimensions' quality which was really good and they had all the features we wanted. Since I have multiple sclerosis and I love taking baths, climbing in and out of the bathtub is getting hard. When we got into the walk-in route, it's been great. There's no cure for MS and I don't get better from it but the tub is nice and relaxing. It’s really good having it. Even my daughter who has back problems gets in but everybody uses the tub.

Purchasing from Hydro Dimensions was easy. We told them we wanted that tub, the dealer rang it up and it was ready. They came when they said they’d come and the tub was shipped down to San Diego to where we were moving. We picked the tub from them in Temecula, put it in our truck and we took it down. The tub sat in the garage for five months and our contractor installed it within a day but it had to be taken out for some other reason with the contractors. They didn’t put it back in right and the drain had a part that wasn't done the right way so the water was leaking to the outside of it. We had a crawl space in our house and it got fixed. It was funny that they were pointing fingers at each other but it had been our contractor's fault.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I read a small advertisement on Facebook and responded to it. It indicated walk-in bathtubs would be partially be paid for by Medicare. And being on Medicare and a widow woman, I thought it was great because I needed the hydro tub. But it was a false recommendation and there was no assistance at all. The Hydro Dimensions' salesman spent three hours talking to me and he did not tell me anything that I was already told. I almost didn’t buy it, and now I wish I never even touched it. It’s ugly and looks like a huge abattoir put in my bathroom. It's sitting 2 and a half inches off the floor, so they have concrete showing. It's also trimmed out in wood that's not always mired or even looks like it fits, and one end of it has a raw board showing.

I'm very disappointed. I thought the tub would look like a finished product. They're saying maybe they can work something out here and that's been two weeks. I'm not getting anywhere with it. I'm very dissatisfied and most definitely would not recommend them to anyone at this point. There might not be a chance we're going to work this out, get it cleaned up and cleared up to my satisfaction. I'm 77 years old and have arthritis, the walk-in tub is the kind of thing I need.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I had a contractor put all my plumbing stuff and I called them and they recommended Hydro Dimensions. It took the installers a couple of days to put the tub in because they had to tear my old tub out and do a lot of other stuff. They've done a great job and you can't even tell that it was installed after the bathroom was made. It looks like it's built when the house was built. The bathtub helps my muscles and I'm not as stiff as I used to be. I'm 84 years old and I could never get in another tub anymore. The Hydro Dimensions tub has a built-in grab bar so I can pick myself up and it's got a seat and eight jets. I usually am in there for 40 minutes every night. It's a really nice tub and it works well.

Hydro Dimensions response

We are so happy to have another satisfied customer. The relationship doesn't start and stop with the purchase of the tub. If you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call the toll free number below for assistance.

Customer Service Team

1-888-818-7111

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I have diabetes and a high blood pressure. I was also having problems with my balance getting in and out of a tub. When I was in the hospital, the doctor suggested getting the walk-in bathtub because of my falling issues. It took a year and a half for the whole process to get my long term care agent Rocky Mountain to start putting the tub in. I've got the one with a handheld shower and three jets from Hydro Dimensions. I am not very pleased with it. I'm a very large person and they measured the walk-in bathtub wrong. Getting in and out of it is very tight. When I sit, I'm not very comfortable. I can't turn the back jet on without it overflowing because there's no room for the water to flow around me. That is my big problem with it right now but I'm learning to deal with it.

I got my tub through a government program. I relied completely upon the sales personnel who came out to measure. I had no idea how small they were actually going to be on the inside but if I had known, I would have made them order a bigger size. The first one that was delivered, it was a tub where I could get in to try it. They had to send it back because they sent the door on the wrong side where it was going to be put. I would have to climb over the toilet to get into it. So it took an extra two weeks. When they got it here, the old tub would have already been torn out. I didn't have any other choice. Before I can see if I can get in and out of it, it was already done. The tile was in, the tub was set and the electrician was done. There was no way to exchange it at that time. Someone should have allowed me to go to a sales room and see which models would have been best for me but that was never an option.

It has cost $15000 for the government to get everything put in. If I had known, I would have had them put in a rolling shower instead of getting a tub that I can't stand. The tub was the best option for me but they ordered the wrong size and so, it wasn't the best for me. It was a one-time program and I'm going to have to live with it. I'm disabled, on social security and I can't afford $15000 to have it fixed. I also think that jets should be on the front part of the tub. For someone who has diabetic myelopathy like I have, bubbles at the bottom of my feet would do me better instead of the back of my leg and my back. The model I got is not geared well towards diabetics.

I like the handheld fixture. I also like being able to sit in the tub and not have to worry about falling when I get in and out of it but the sales person did not represent the product well and didn't address the issues beforehand. They need to train their sales people better. The person who came out saw me and my size but they did not take the consideration they should have.

Mrs. Hutchins,

We are very sorry to hear that you not happy with unit that they put in for you. We have multiple tub size options that we could have provided for you but unfortunately those details are worked out specifically between the dealer and the government branch that you went through. In most cases the dealers hands are tied with the tub options as the government program that funds the installation will have specific parameters that they need to work within.
Please let us know if there is anything that we can to help make your bathing experience more pleasing to you. We would be happy to assist in any way we can.
Customer Service

888-818-7111

Original review: July 3, 2017

My aunt told me about walk-in bathtubs and I bought one from Hydro Dimensions because of the price. My tub has grab bars, a shower and air and water jets. The buying process was very easy and the salesperson was friendly and courteous. The tub has helped me with my stress and to relax.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I have severe osteoporosis and I really needed a tub, especially with jets. I did a lot of checking on this. I went on the web and I checked out walk-in tubs. I found one on TV too but that was such a ripoff. It has a heated seat and they charged people $31,000 for a piece of crap. Elderly people were getting second and third-degree burns because they’re having problems with the seat. I finally came across Hydro Dimensions and it has literally saved my life. They couldn’t have been nicer. They get into my complete specifications. It was cheaper than anything else that was out there like KOHLER, NEWPRO, and American Standard. Their salesman was terrific too. The other ones who came told me what I wanted to hear but they lied through their teeth.

Purchasing my tub was a piece of cake. By the time I went to Hydro Dimensions, they were the fourth people I had for estimates. I was very knowledgeable about hot tubs. I could have gone out and sold one myself. It was all everything that I had gleaned in checking these people out. Some of them were absolute scumbags and were preying on the elderly and try to make you feel guilty. One of them was absolutely horrendous and that was American Standard. They treated me like I had Alzheimer’s and I don’t. With Hydro Dimensions, even after they get their check, they care. They call and check to make sure everything is A-okay. That’s impressive. People don’t do that today.

I live in Massachusetts and I was a little concerned because the product came out of California. But the gentlemen who installed it are all from the New England area. They couldn’t have been nicer, more efficient and they cleaned up after themselves. I checked a few days after to see if everything was running okay and I called once a week since they’ve put it in to see if I needed anything or if the temperature was okay.

My tub is a deep and I can sit in it. When it’s filled, it comes up to my chest. Other so-called walk-in tubs when you fill them, they only come up to your waist. My walk-in tub has heated jets too. If you don’t have heated jets, the water gets cold. It comes with the chromotherapy where you can change the color of the water. The aromatherapy is nice too. My walk-in tub also has lots of hand bars to hold on to and the step getting in and out is practically nothing. Some would say it's not much but some will give me eight inches high. For an elderly person who’s having a problem, eight inches can look like Mt. Everest. Overall, my experience with Hydro has been fabulous.

Original review: June 10, 2017

The Hydro sales rep came in with his wife and we sat down at the table and talked. He answered all of our questions and we were very happy with the price he gave us. I checked around after we talked but I stayed with Hydro. I got the tub including all its 3 features which are the built-in shower seat, textured floor, and grab bars, which was the primary reason we chose the model we got. Every time my wife uses the walk-in tub, she comes out with spaghetti legs, it's very relaxing. She uses the tub more than I do but I enjoyed a lot myself, and it gives us a good night's sleep. The experience has been very pleasant and everything's been very positive.

Original review: May 30, 2017

My husband and I were both looking for walk-in tubs. I’m looking on the internet and found a bunch of different ones and my husband called this one fellow where we bought from. Then, we got a hold of Hydro Dimensions in Temecula, California. The guy's first name was Dale and he came right out to the house. He’s a little pushy but he did really good. We were waiting for money to come from our financial adviser, they wired the money and it took forever. Dale was so good to wait and we kept in contact with him almost on a daily basis. My husband called him and he said to let him know when we get the money and that’s what we did. When you’re spending $8,000, that’s a little difficult but besides that, the process wasn’t difficult at all.

We didn’t get everything that the tub offered like the jets. I have COPD and I’m 75. It’s hard for me to get in and out of the tub and shower and they offer too much steam for me. I have a breathing problem and it’s safety too so that I don’t have to climb over a tub. Our tub was quite high. We have a shower and that was nice. It’s easy to wash my hair that way. But right now, I’m not using it because the bathroom and bedroom are torn up. We have discovered a leak but it wasn’t from them at all. It’s been leaking a little while so, they had to dry it up and it’ll be, at least, another three or six weeks before I’m back in it because they have to rebuild the wall. But Hydro Dimensions was great to work with.

Hydro Dimensions response

Very happy to here that you are happy with our product. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions down the road.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Apart from the Hydro Dimensions dealer, I had other representatives from Home Depot come out and make their presentations. I thought about it for a couple of days, but I felt that the Hydro Dimensions dealer that I dealt with was the best one. I did some research on the product they handled, which was the one he was describing, and I felt that it was a very high-quality piece of merchandise. Also, Hydro Dimensions have been in business for a long time and have been installed in many locations and the reviews were good. When I purchased the tub, there was no pressure and it went very well. The dealer was very knowledgeable and explained everything clearly. And I felt good about it.

We got the typical walk-in tub but it was very high-quality. It has the heated seat, air bubbles, jets, and full shower head. Part of the reason for choosing this tub had to do with the size they had available that would fit into the space where I want to put it. And the other one was the features that my wife wanted to take especially that she’s in her 80s and having difficulties getting into the tub. My wife loves the Hydro Dimensions tub and it helped her more than me.

But I wish the tub had more adjustments on the jets because they come out full-force and particularly on the back. The jets at the bottom of the tub are adjustable, but the ones for the back of the body are not. My wife is not careful leaning back and the water rises up, but she just sits forward and it’s no problem. But it’s not a big enough issue and maybe I just didn’t read the instructions carefully enough. Hydro Dimensions have very high-quality products and we’re very happy we bought it.

Hydro Dimensions response

We are very happy to hear that you are pleased with your new walk in bathtub. Your tub is equipped with 6 cluster back jets and an air control valve so you can control the pressure of the back jets. You will find the air control knob on the back outside corner of the tub. You can turn that and it will control the strength of your back jets. If you have any problem figuring that out please don't hesitate to call us and we can walk you through it.

Customer Service

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 4, 2017

Autumn from Hydro Dimensions called and she was trying to see if I wanted to buy different things and when she said the last one was a walk-in tub, I said, “Well, that’s what I need.” She sent a guy, we discussed the tub and I told him I would like for my son to talk to him. He came the following Saturday and talked to my son, wrote the contract and everything that I would get with the tub since I decided that I would get it. He said he needed to have $1,000 down and I gave it. Then he said it was a guy that would come out and take the measurement of where the tub would go. The guy came out and it was $4,500 after he got through with everything. When he finished, he showed me the tub and told me how to operate it.

I was supposed to get a headrest, a sheet pad to go in the tub and a caddy for all the soap and stuff. It was supposed to be heated. They mailed me the heat pad about two weeks ago but I had to keep calling them before I got it. I still don’t have a heated sheet like they said I would have even though I wrote them all about it and sent them another letter letting them know that I got the pad. I wouldn’t recommend them. I'm very dissatisfied with them because I've called and they don’t answer.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I had a guy from Hydro Dimensions to come in and put a tub and shower in the first bathroom. He did such a good job. The process wasn't difficult at all. They did a beautiful job and I have no complaints. I would recommend it.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Because of my disability, I started doing some research and we talked and worked with the guys from Hydro Dimensions. Now, I have a little Hydro Dimensions walk-in bathtub and I’m a very happy camper. The tub has that aerator, the bubbles and the jets and everything has been good so far.

Original review: March 1, 2017

My father had been in an accident. We were in a rush to get a walk-in tub in here so that he could take a bath. We had a tub installed and the first time I used it, it was a joke. It didn't do anything at all. You just sit back in the tub and it sprays water out on the floor. My father is 93 years old and it's just not the kind of thing that elderly people should have to be put through. So I tried to contact the company and they said they were gonna have somebody call us back and they just never did.

Finally, I stopped and went investigating and found the Hydro Dimensions tub. They had a good rating online. So I contacted them and ordered their tub. They came out, removed the original tub and put their tub in. They provided everything they said that would come with the tub and it works well. I'm just totally happy with it and so far, it's the nicest tub that I've seen. I got a really good quality tub for a good price. And everybody that I dealt with from them has been nothing but the best. The reps were very knowledgeable and they made the whole thing very pleasant. The whole experience with Hydro Dimensions was really good.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

When I went online onto ConsumerAffairs, they recommended Hydro Dimensions. Purchasing was very easy and the guy who handled it was fantastic. He saved me $5,000. I’m very satisfied with them and I'm loving my walk-in tub so far.

Hydro Dimensions expert review by Shelley Webb

Hydro Dimensions’ founders began their work in the specialty bathtub industry in 1983 when they started designing walk-in tubs. They founded their own company in 1993 and changed its name to Hydro Dimensions in 1996. Now, Hydro Dimensions specializes in creating walk-in tubs and custom hydrotherapy and air massage systems. Located in Temecula, California, their products are featured in showrooms nationwide.

• Standard features: Hydro Dimensions' soaking tubs include a low threshold step-in, a high capacity faucet, a contoured door latch, a 17-inch high seat, a tile flange water barrier, an extension panel and angled grab bars.

• Massage therapy systems: Hydro Dimensions tubs can be outfitted with massage therapy systems. Air jets and water jets can be added to make your tub an in-house spa. Options include Deep Soak, Hydro Massage, Air Massage and Combo Massage therapy systems.

• Sanitization options: Hydro Dimensions offers an ozone sanitization system that cleans the tub and its jets by circulating ozone. There is also a UV sanitization system that uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, mold and other disease-causing microorganisms.

• Drain options: Each Hydro Dimensions tub comes with a door drain to keep water from pooling when you open the door. You can upgrade your tub with a Safe-T Drain that is capable of draining a full tub in about 85 seconds.

• Other features: Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be outfitted for aromatherapy and chromatherapy. These tubs can also be equipped with headsets and heated backrests.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility, senior citizens and individuals with joint pain.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information