4.17/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Maintain your independence and comfort with the assistance of a Hydro Dimensions Walk-In Bathtub. We are dedicated to providing high quality products and offering the best features that are tailored for you.

With bathtub safety and healing power as top priorities, our tubs offer piece of mind with grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and therapy options to suit your needs.

At Hydro Dimensions, we insist on providing top quality assurance with timely delivery of your product. We’re with you every step of the way.

View More View More

244 Hydro Dimensions Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Hydro Dimensions doesn't sell direct. It was a third-party supplier so it was kind of a hard sell and a little bit unreasonable. I explained that I was remodeling and wanted to wait until I actually got to the bathroom part of the remodel. But since the dealer wouldn’t take no for an answer, my remodeling the bathroom started earlier than originally planned. The salesman told me that the team would come in and put the bathroom and all he was doing was taking measurements. He wanted to see where the electrical connections were at and where the water was running so he did all of that. I told him that I was still remodeling and I needed some information. He said that the team would take care of it and that they were gonna install a 30-Amp Circuit. He also said that they’ll handle all the wiring.

When the guy got here, he told me he put in a single 15-Amp Circuit ‘cause it's unlikely that I’ll use both pumps at the same time. At that time, I didn't know what he was talking about the 15 Amp versus 30 Amp circuit. When the installation was done, I finally got the installation manual. I'm reading through it and right off the bat, the manufacturer says I need two GFCI protected, 15-Amp circuits as a minimum. He only put in one so that means I have to redo that. Plus, I was told these guys are professionals. There was no outlet box on the wall for him so what he did was just put the wire through then ran the wire and left the outlet box dangling. So, there’s no way I can correct that without pulling the whole thing out.

Then, I read the installation instructions again and it said, “Ensure that all six feet are flat and touching the floor when making your adjustments.” I don't remember seeing him, at that time, adjusting six feet so I looked under there, and sure enough, one was missed. I had to do that one as well. I wasn't really pleased with the installation. I wish I had the instructions ahead of time so I could have prepared better. Right now, I'm satisfied with the tub and I don't see any problems with it. I’m trying to finish that remodel job there so I can start using the tub. I would recommend it. But at the same time, I would tell others that the people are to watch out for. It’s not Hydro Dimensions’ fault, it’s where they’re dealing with.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We had gone to the seminar and the two things I really liked about what the rep had to say was that Hydro Dimensions was built in the USA, and second is that because the lines dry out, there's hot water being held in the line so it doesn’t get slimy. We're in the part of Nebraska where we've had lot of flooding, and our roads have been really, extremely a non-negotiable-four-wheel-drive-only road. The day the rep came in, I tried to warn him and he managed to get here, but he realized that was really quite an undertaking. He managed to get out that day, but I think he thinks he just never wanna come back.

We have a leak on our Hydro Dimensions and we're still waiting for the installer to get back with us to come and fix it. So, we use the shower, but we can't use the tub part. Also the drain plug came out, and I just laid it aside since we're just using the shower because I don't know if it has to be battened underneath or not. When the installer did the wiring he took it under the house and across to an outlet, but I wasn’t thinking that our basement is not wired such that we have to turn on the light upstairs to get the electric to work downstairs. I was thinking he was probably gonna go directly into the breaker box, but he didn’t, and I said it was okay where he wired it.

Eventually, when the installer gets back, I'm gonna have him go ahead and run that wire on up through the basement floor directly into the breaker box so that I won't have to always turn that light on every time. That’s not a real big deal. But I'll just have him fix it when he comes. We also would dearly love to be able to use the tub. My husband has got a lot of issues with joints and we’d love to be able to do that. But until he can get back and check out that leak, we can't do that. Nevertheless, my husband can now safely shower now, and that was the most important thing. I would recommend Hydro Dimensions and If we can just get the drip fixed, I'm totally satisfied.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We had a very good experience with Hydro Dimensions. They sold us a walk-in tub that was designed the way we wanted it and at a price point that was better than most jetted tubs. The product’s value really solidified our decision to go with them. The interface we had with them was very good as well. Hydro Dimensions is local, being that we’re in Palm Springs and they are over in Temecula, so we were able to get a representative out here to discuss it and give us a quote. We had to go to the factory where they assemble the product, which to me was important because I wanted to see how it was put together and what the maintenance might be in the future if there need be. They do that assembly in Temecula, which is about 40 minutes from here.

Their installers were also very good at adapting to our particular surrounding where the tub had to go. They put it where we wanted it and did what we wanted them to do. The installation was done in a couple of days and it was a plus that the team did a very good job. One thing, though, we have a shower curtain and with our 9-foot ceilings, the shower curtain needs a rod. The curtain rod is like a railing that is mounted on both ends. It’s 90-degrees bent. One goes to one wall and the other goes to a back wall. But with the 9-foot ceilings, we need a rod that goes from where the bent point is up to the ceiling because it droops there. They said they were gonna send their people out, but that was a while ago and we haven't heard anything yet. It’s not that big of a deal and I could do it, but we know that still needs to be done.

We got a high tub, which comes on almost to my neck, and it has jets and bubblers that are both noisy. It is rapid fill and has a very large capacity valving system so that you can fill it. It’s an 80-gallon tub that takes about four and a half to five minutes to fill. It also drains very fast. It takes less than two minutes through its two-inch drain. The tub has hot water, where you can soak in, as well as an in-line heater, not to heat it like a hot tub, but to maintain the temperature. It’s just that it runs our 50-gallon water heater to the point where it no longer has hot water. It’s a bit of a downside but it’s not that bad. And with the tub being indoors and out of the elements, it’s more usable than our hot tub outside. That one was awkward to use and we’re in Palm Springs where it’s windy.

The problem with walk-in tubs, however, is you have to be in it when you start filling it and stay there while it fills. You can’t do something else. You’re just stuck in there. There's no way to get through the door as it is sealed by the water pressure. There's no way to get around it unless you get a ladder and go up and over the sides of the hot tub. Even so, our walk-in tub really helps me relax. I am 74 and I had a stroke in 2001, and whenever I get in the tub then come out, I’m very relaxed, and it’s very conducive to having a nap after. I would recommend Hydro Dimensions.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was impressed that my Hydro Dimensions tub was made at a boat factory. The boat factories were using fiberglass in making forms, and I thought that they had more integrity versus the weaker units that are out in the mass market. I believed that if somebody is putting risks into making a product and setting aside time to make a product, they can’t make those weak. And I believe in my own mind that there was a good structure before the fiberglass unit for the tub and shower. My tub doesn’t bend or give in when I’m in, and that’s what I expected.

The installation went well. The installers were very considerate of our time needs and showed up early in order to take out the old junkie, cheap shower install that somebody else had put in so that they could speed up the process for the next day when the actual installation was supposed to have happened. So this way, they helped us out because we work with the kids’ program and we couldn’t miss that, but we wanna be here in our home when the installation happens so that I can take pictures of what my wall structures studs look like and what the floor looks like before an installation goes in.

I like that I can get into my tub, take a bath, and not feel like I’m getting off the floor of a tub in order to get out. I have a place to sit, and I enjoy that I get to sit and shower. The largest drawback is when you close the door while you’re in the tub, you cannot be a big person. You cannot be an overweight person. If I see somebody coming in in a wheelchair and they weigh 300 pounds, there’s no way that person's gonna get through the door, that shower, and be able to get themselves out. And I think, people have a false perception that it’s going to take care of some of those mobility issues. I’m tall in today’s standards. I'm almost 5’8” and I would love to be in a deep tub. The only dilemma is, the tub doesn’t come long enough to actually submerge my body in there. I’m limb enough, so I can tuck myself into the deepest part of the tub, I slip right on, put my legs up on the seat, and I absolutely enjoy being completely in the water.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've done a lot of online research about walk-in tubs. Although my son he has mobility issues and really needed it, I was concerned who was gonna install it. It was important to me that the installer be somebody who was really familiar with doing this kind of an installation. I was referred to Dave from Walk-In Expert Tubs. He had done an installation for another person who was very happy with their tub. Dave said he had been doing a lot of different works for many years. He felt that Hydro Dimensions was the best. He and his partner came out and took care of everything in three days. He had gotten the permit that we needed, did the installation in three days, laid the tile floor, and removed all the debris from the demolition. I am really happy with the installation.

My tub came with the basic set of features that everybody has. It has a low step into the tub. There’s a seat, a non-skid surface on the floor and a grab bar inside. It has both the air massage and the water jet massage. It has a handheld shower attachment so that you can shower off as well as soak in the tub. The water jets can come out very powerfully, but I don’t see a good way to be able to adjust the water jets other than by feel because there aren’t any markings to let you know. There are chrome rings around the jets and it says in the manual to turn it 90˚ to get it higher or lower, but it doesn’t say to the left, to the right. They should give you more specific directions in the manual about how you turn it down. The first time, one of the jets must have been on full blast and sprayed all over the bathroom. I talked to the installer and he had said that the jets could be adjusted.

The installer told me I had to turn it to the right if I wanna close it off or turn it to the left to open it. I was able to turn the jets almost off, which to me was the only way that it was comfortable and didn't literally leave a red mark on my skin. If you lean back against the jets, you have to be sure that you don’t make the water too hot. It's also not a really great idea to lean right up against the jets.

One of the things I saw over and over online was people saying that the jets would get all over the bathroom. Maybe they never talked to anybody about how to adjust the jets so they would never use it because it was too much trouble. Hydro Dimensions should make it easy for people. The jets should be marked in some way so that people can tell going to the right is gonna turn it down, going to the left is gonna turn it up. The air massage is great though. It’s just tiny holes and there’s air that’s blowing through the water. It's very mild and there has never been any problems with that. My son uses the tub every day and it’s all working just fine. I would definitely recommend Hydro Dimensions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Hydro Dimensions gave us the best deal. They were good. They explained everything to us, about the installation. They’ve done everything they said they would.

My wife uses the tub and it has everything it should have on it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I’m disabled and I could not get in and out of the bathtub. It was just too hard for me. We looked at Safe Steps but it’s tacky-looking with too many bars hanging. My husband found out about Hydro Dimensions. We went with them and our bathroom looks really nice now. It has a built-in seat then we got a shower in there. We don’t have the heater, but that’s okay. I don’t stay in there that long. It fills pretty fast and I'm not in there that long when I empty it. I got COPD and emphysema and just in pretty bad shape. I don’t have any energy but it’s so much easier now. I just love it. I’m so glad we got it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My daughter told me about walk-in tubs and she wanted me to look at them, and I did and I liked them. My Hydro Dimensions tub has the grab bars, the showerhead and the jets. Purchasing and installing went very well. I like my tub and I'd recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

The American Aging Solutions people talked us into buying the tub from Hydro Dimensions. We don't have a problem with the tub but we weren’t too pleased with the people who installed it. The people never finished the floor and stuff very good. They just kinda plopped it in there and so, we’re a little bit leery about getting water splashed around. It makes a little bit of a mess. Also, we haven’t figured out the right soap to use yet. The last time I used it, the thing sudsed it up so bad, I thought it was gonna overflow, but it didn't.

The controls are easy to figure out plus, the tub came with a cushion to sit on but we haven’t used that very much. It kinda gets waterlogged. We’re still trying to get used to the tub. The one thing we didn't like was the shower head thing. The cord was on the outside of the tub instead of being down in the back where you couldn't see it all the time. It might’ve been a mistake in installation. They wrote it up for that, but we didn't get that. So, we’re just trying to deal with it. Still, I would recommend the tub. The jets seem to be working fine and it also has the air massage.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Hydro Dimensions helped me get financing, and purchasing the tub was pretty easy. The installation was okay. It was a long day and there was some problems. We had to bring in another company to come and fix the problem. We've emailed the gentleman who sold the tub to me when I have any issues, and he takes care of calling American Aging. And then American Aging contacts the company. We've had the tub for less than six months, and we're having a different problem now so we're waiting on another part. The hinges on the door keeps falling off. When they're not on, then that means it leaks. But I like the fact that my Hydro Dimension tub has the shower too.

Hydro Dimensions expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1993 by veterans in the specialty bathing industry, this company specializes in creating walk-in tubs and custom hydrotherapy and air massage systems. Located in Temecula, California, their products are featured in showrooms nationwide.

• Standard features: Hydro Dimensions' soaking tubs include a low threshold step-in, a high capacity faucet, a contoured door latch, a 17-inch high seat, a tile flange water barrier, an extension panel and angled grab bars.

• Massage therapy systems: Hydro Dimensions tubs can be outfitted with massage therapy systems. Air jets and water jets can be added to make your tub an in-house spa. Options include Deep Soak, Hydro Massage, Air Massage and Combo Massage therapy systems.

• Sanitization options: Hydro Dimensions offers an ozone sanitization system that cleans the tub and its jets by circulating ozone. There is also a UV sanitization system that uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, mold and other disease-causing microorganisms.

• Drain options: Each Hydro Dimensions tub comes with a door drain to keep water from pooling when you open the door. You can upgrade your tub with a Safe-T Drain that is capable of draining a full tub in about 85 seconds.

• Other features: Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be outfitted for aromatherapy and chromatherapy. These tubs can also be equipped with headsets and heated backrests.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility, senior citizens and individuals with joint pain.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information