Call toll free
4.14/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Maintain your independence and comfort with the assistance of a Hydro Dimensions Walk-In Bathtub. We are dedicated to providing high quality products and offering the best features that are tailored for you.

With bathtub safety and healing power as top priorities, our tubs offer piece of mind with grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and therapy options to suit your needs.

At Hydro Dimensions, we insist on providing top quality assurance with timely delivery of your product. We’re with you every step of the way.

View More View More

235 Hydro Dimensions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 12, 2019

We had gone to the seminar and the two things I really liked about what the rep had to say was that Hydro Dimensions was built in the USA, and second is that because the lines dry out, there's hot water being held in the line so it doesn’t get slimy. We're in the part of Nebraska where we've had lot of flooding, and our roads have been really, extremely a non-negotiable-four-wheel-drive-only road. The day the rep came in, I tried to warn him and he managed to get here, but he realized that was really quite an undertaking. He managed to get out that day, but I think he thinks he just never wanna come back.

We have a leak on our Hydro Dimensions and we're still waiting for the installer to get back with us to come and fix it. So, we use the shower, but we can't use the tub part. Also the drain plug came out, and I just laid it aside since we're just using the shower because I don't know if it has to be battened underneath or not. When the installer did the wiring he took it under the house and across to an outlet, but I wasn’t thinking that our basement is not wired such that we have to turn on the light upstairs to get the electric to work downstairs. I was thinking he was probably gonna go directly into the breaker box, but he didn’t, and I said it was okay where he wired it.

Eventually, when the installer gets back, I'm gonna have him go ahead and run that wire on up through the basement floor directly into the breaker box so that I won't have to always turn that light on every time. That’s not a real big deal. But I'll just have him fix it when he comes. We also would dearly love to be able to use the tub. My husband has got a lot of issues with joints and we’d love to be able to do that. But until he can get back and check out that leak, we can't do that. Nevertheless, my husband can now safely shower now, and that was the most important thing. I would recommend Hydro Dimensions and If we can just get the drip fixed, I'm totally satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have prostheses in one leg and in another. I got hurt on the job. And so, I had the insurance company give me some consideration in getting a walk-in tub because I couldn't take my leg up to get in a regular tub. I had a Whirlpool but I couldn't get in. I saw the walk-in tub from Hydro Dimensions before. In fact, I was getting ready to get one myself. But then, I said, “Wait a minute. I’ve been working for these people for so long, I busted both my legs, so let’s see if they’ll do it.” Travelers Insurance decided to go ahead and get me a walk-in tub after talking to them for a year and a half.

At first, Hydro Dimensions sent me a model that was just a washtub. There were no jets or anything else. They sent it to my house and they said it was what they thought I wanted. I told them not to send me a bathtub since I got a Whirlpool. They took back the washtub and sent it to California. They then put the jets in and they sent it back.

The process of getting the tub was easy. Travelers purchased it and all I did was sign the paper when it was finished. In fact, my adjuster told me her mother has one like my tub but she doesn’t know how to use everything on the board. I told her that I don't have all that and what I have is hot and cold water as well as the drain. All I needed is a couple of jets in the bottom where I can put my legs and feet in. The tub that I got has two jets on my back and three jets in the bottom. It also has a handheld so I can wash my hair. It’s nice. I get in about every other day. I submerge myself so I can walk on my legs the next day. I recommended Hydro Dimensions to many people.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We had a very good experience with Hydro Dimensions. They sold us a walk-in tub that was designed the way we wanted it and at a price point that was better than most jetted tubs. The product’s value really solidified our decision to go with them. The interface we had with them was very good as well. Hydro Dimensions is local, being that we’re in Palm Springs and they are over in Temecula, so we were able to get a representative out here to discuss it and give us a quote. We had to go to the factory where they assemble the product, which to me was important because I wanted to see how it was put together and what the maintenance might be in the future if there need be. They do that assembly in Temecula, which is about 40 minutes from here.

Their installers were also very good at adapting to our particular surrounding where the tub had to go. They put it where we wanted it and did what we wanted them to do. The installation was done in a couple of days and it was a plus that the team did a very good job. One thing, though, we have a shower curtain and with our 9-foot ceilings, the shower curtain needs a rod. The curtain rod is like a railing that is mounted on both ends. It’s 90-degrees bent. One goes to one wall and the other goes to a back wall. But with the 9-foot ceilings, we need a rod that goes from where the bent point is up to the ceiling because it droops there. They said they were gonna send their people out, but that was a while ago and we haven't heard anything yet. It’s not that big of a deal and I could do it, but we know that still needs to be done.

We got a high tub, which comes on almost to my neck, and it has jets and bubblers that are both noisy. It is rapid fill and has a very large capacity valving system so that you can fill it. It’s an 80-gallon tub that takes about four and a half to five minutes to fill. It also drains very fast. It takes less than two minutes through its two-inch drain. The tub has hot water, where you can soak in, as well as an in-line heater, not to heat it like a hot tub, but to maintain the temperature. It’s just that it runs our 50-gallon water heater to the point where it no longer has hot water. It’s a bit of a downside but it’s not that bad. And with the tub being indoors and out of the elements, it’s more usable than our hot tub outside. That one was awkward to use and we’re in Palm Springs where it’s windy.

The problem with walk-in tubs, however, is you have to be in it when you start filling it and stay there while it fills. You can’t do something else. You’re just stuck in there. There's no way to get through the door as it is sealed by the water pressure. There's no way to get around it unless you get a ladder and go up and over the sides of the hot tub. Even so, our walk-in tub really helps me relax. I am 74 and I had a stroke in 2001, and whenever I get in the tub then come out, I’m very relaxed, and it’s very conducive to having a nap after. I would recommend Hydro Dimensions.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was impressed that my Hydro Dimensions tub was made at a boat factory. The boat factories were using fiberglass in making forms, and I thought that they had more integrity versus the weaker units that are out in the mass market. I believed that if somebody is putting risks into making a product and setting aside time to make a product, they can’t make those weak. And I believe in my own mind that there was a good structure before the fiberglass unit for the tub and shower. My tub doesn’t bend or give in when I’m in, and that’s what I expected.

The installation went well. The installers were very considerate of our time needs and showed up early in order to take out the old junkie, cheap shower install that somebody else had put in so that they could speed up the process for the next day when the actual installation was supposed to have happened. So this way, they helped us out because we work with the kids’ program and we couldn’t miss that, but we wanna be here in our home when the installation happens so that I can take pictures of what my wall structures studs look like and what the floor looks like before an installation goes in.

I like that I can get into my tub, take a bath, and not feel like I’m getting off the floor of a tub in order to get out. I have a place to sit, and I enjoy that I get to sit and shower. The largest drawback is when you close the door while you’re in the tub, you cannot be a big person. You cannot be an overweight person. If I see somebody coming in in a wheelchair and they weigh 300 pounds, there’s no way that person's gonna get through the door, that shower, and be able to get themselves out. And I think, people have a false perception that it’s going to take care of some of those mobility issues. I’m tall in today’s standards. I'm almost 5’8” and I would love to be in a deep tub. The only dilemma is, the tub doesn’t come long enough to actually submerge my body in there. I’m limb enough, so I can tuck myself into the deepest part of the tub, I slip right on, put my legs up on the seat, and I absolutely enjoy being completely in the water.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've done a lot of online research about walk-in tubs. Although my son he has mobility issues and really needed it, I was concerned who was gonna install it. It was important to me that the installer be somebody who was really familiar with doing this kind of an installation. I was referred to Dave from Walk-In Expert Tubs. He had done an installation for another person who was very happy with their tub. Dave said he had been doing a lot of different works for many years. He felt that Hydro Dimensions was the best. He and his partner came out and took care of everything in three days. He had gotten the permit that we needed, did the installation in three days, laid the tile floor, and removed all the debris from the demolition. I am really happy with the installation.

My tub came with the basic set of features that everybody has. It has a low step into the tub. There’s a seat, a non-skid surface on the floor and a grab bar inside. It has both the air massage and the water jet massage. It has a handheld shower attachment so that you can shower off as well as soak in the tub. The water jets can come out very powerfully, but I don’t see a good way to be able to adjust the water jets other than by feel because there aren’t any markings to let you know. There are chrome rings around the jets and it says in the manual to turn it 90˚ to get it higher or lower, but it doesn’t say to the left, to the right. They should give you more specific directions in the manual about how you turn it down. The first time, one of the jets must have been on full blast and sprayed all over the bathroom. I talked to the installer and he had said that the jets could be adjusted.

The installer told me I had to turn it to the right if I wanna close it off or turn it to the left to open it. I was able to turn the jets almost off, which to me was the only way that it was comfortable and didn't literally leave a red mark on my skin. If you lean back against the jets, you have to be sure that you don’t make the water too hot. It's also not a really great idea to lean right up against the jets.

One of the things I saw over and over online was people saying that the jets would get all over the bathroom. Maybe they never talked to anybody about how to adjust the jets so they would never use it because it was too much trouble. Hydro Dimensions should make it easy for people. The jets should be marked in some way so that people can tell going to the right is gonna turn it down, going to the left is gonna turn it up. The air massage is great though. It’s just tiny holes and there’s air that’s blowing through the water. It's very mild and there has never been any problems with that. My son uses the tub every day and it’s all working just fine. I would definitely recommend Hydro Dimensions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: May 11, 2019

We’re not getting any younger and we didn’t have a bathtub ‘cause we had a walk-in shower. We went down to a seminar mainly because we were looking at lift chairs, but we were thinking about the tub, too. We were impressed with the way the Hydro Dimensions rep put it on and the stuff he was telling us, and the price was a whole lot better than what they advertised on TV. We haven’t been too happy since then. The guys that put the tub in did a very good job, but there’s one spot that needs to be corrected. We’re having a lot of trouble with the chair and they’ve been out here three times trying to get the parts to fix it. The company that they get the chairs from is in Missouri and they’re giving all kinds of trouble. We had this thing put in at the end of February and it worked for a week and a half, and it hasn’t worked since.

Also, getting the paperwork was hard. I don’t know how many times we requested to get in the paperwork so we'd know how to operate different things. We just got it a few weeks ago. The thing that bothers us there is because their warranty is in that paperwork. We got this warranty and it was the end of April when we sent it in because that’s when we got it. That’s why we have to fill it out within 10 days, and it was way beyond that before we got the paperwork. So, we don’t even know if our warranty is gonna be good. We sent it in accordingly and we put in the explanation on there why, but we never heard anything back. I’d be afraid to recommend Hydro Dimensions because of the service we got with them.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Hydro Dimensions seemed to be a very good tub and a little less expensive. Also, the sales rep seemed to be honest. I have all the features in the tub I got and though we haven't used it that much, it has been good.

Original review: May 4, 2019

We received a postcard in the mail offering a free dinner and a seminar in Hayward, Wisconsin. The seminar was for Hydro Dimensions and a stairlift. It took about a little over an hour and went very well. Adam, the gentleman who presented it, was very informative. He also talked during the meal, and then he set up appointments for anybody who wanted to have him come out and talk more, measure the bathroom, and see what was what. On the morning of the installation, the installation team was in our home for less than half of a day. They cleaned up their mess, showed to my husband how to run the new tub, and took the old tub with them. I also got the book for it. We got a Hydro Dimensions tub that has two speeds for the jets and it works very well. I can get in about 45 minutes, and then I feel like the prune. I sit in it more than my husband does. We've recommended Hydro Dimensions to several people and we’ve had some neighbors over to see it.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Our Hydro Dimensions tub has a handheld shower and the Air Jacuzzi. The model type was fit. It goes with this limited spacing that I had put it in. The cost was about right too. Demolition stuff would've been more expensive. My wife uses the tub and she doesn’t like the way the floor feels after it got wet and the soap water. She slipped in there and worse, she had to stand. But that was her only complaint. I’m also not too satisfied with it ‘cause one of the spacers came off on the door already. It’s a shim that goes in that keeps the door locked. It didn’t look like it had enough adhesive on the back to make it stick long enough. We gotta get it fixed. But other than that, I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I heard about Hydro Dimensions from Bath Creations, however, I wasn’t real happy with their installation. They kept telling that the tub wouldn’t go in. They’d have to make my doorway 36 inches, and I said, “They got the door jamb go in well.” Eventually, the tub went in without making my door 36 inches. Other than that, I liked the particular model of Hydro Dimensions tub I got and it has jets.

Original review: April 23, 2019

The walk-in bathtub that I got from Hydro Dimensions has a seat and a capable shower. I was in the tub trying out the jets. I’m an 81-year-old woman, and I was stuck in the bathtub because the water wouldn’t go down till I open the door. I have a medical alert, so I pushed it, and I told them to call my daughter. My daughter didn’t answer the phone, so they called the EMTs, and they came. I couldn’t turn the drain handle. The EMTs tried to turn it, and they couldn’t turn it. It just made a noise like the motor was trying to go.

Finally, I had to have my daughter get a pan in the kitchen, and get the water out and put it in the stool. After my daughter had scooped out a bunch of water, she tried it and really pushed hard thinking, “if I break it, I break it.” And finally, the drain opened. But if it’s gonna be that hard to open, I can’t do it. So, I had just been using the shower. And I spent a lot of money to have a shower. I also don’t understand why the tub still tries to fill when I’m using the shower. Why doesn’t that water shut off and just go through the showerhead? I called the man who installed it, and he said he could come by, but he never did.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My husband is laid up and he can't get in the shower anymore so I thought getting a walk-in bathtub would do his legs good to get massaged with hot water. We got the walk-in bathtub from Hydro Dimensions and it got the shower handle. The bathtub was put in by Bergman's of Fort Dodge and they did a fantastic job. We're very pleased with it. The quality of the product seems very good and my husband likes it. The first time he used the tub was not so good though because I didn't turn down the power on the jets. But last time, I turned it down, and he enjoyed it a lot.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 19, 2019

I use the tub to bathe in all the time but I’ve never used the jets yet. That’s what I purchased the tub for though. I have fibromyalgia and I wanted to see if the jets would help with the pain in my body. But I’m having trouble with the jets. I have a 40-gallon hot water heater and it doesn’t have enough hot water to supply the tub. Although, the rep checked it, he didn’t say anything to me and I assumed that it would handle the tub but it doesn’t. The water stays hot until it gets to the first jets on the seat and then it turns cold. I can’t get clear up to the top jets. So consequently, I can’t run them. I should have either had a smaller tub or I’m gonna have to get a different hot water heater. So the tub is not beneficial for me until I figure out how I’m gonna do this and because I haven’t been able to use the jets in it yet, I’m a little dissatisfied with the tub.

On the contrary, my daughter also has a Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub and she seems satisfied with hers and her hot water heater. But she has a smaller one because her bathroom was small. As for the installation, the only complaint I have is when they went down the basement and cut a hole, they did not take care of the hole. I had to hire somebody to come in and fix the hole. I also still don’t have my inlay in. It was something that I had to backorder because I particularly like this inlay.

Hydro Dimensions response
Mrs. Persinger,

We are very disappointed to hear that the dealer that sold you your walk-in tub didn't identify that you would need to upgrade your water heater with the purchase of the tub. Unfortunately we are the manufacture of the product but we have nothing to do with the consumer direct sale side of the business. We are simple a manufacture provider for several of the nations top walk-in bathtub dealers. I would be happy to work with you in contacting the dealer that sold you the product to get you an very fair market value estimate to get water heater upgraded so you can enjoy the full benefits that tub has to offer you. Please call into our customer service department and let them know who you are and we will be happy to assist in any way that we can. If you have any issues with the itself, or it's functions we would be happy to assist you with that as well.

Sincerely,

Hydro Dimensions Customer Support Team

Original review: April 13, 2019

I'm almost 70 and when I had both knees replaced and had my shoulder surgery, we have thought about walk-in bathtubs. I was still able to get in and out the old tub but I could not sit down in it. It has been over a year since I've sat down and I couldn’t get back out of it. We got a card from Hydro Dimensions through the mail saying that they were giving a dinner at one of the steakhouses to discuss a walk-in tub. So, we went there to hear the spiel on it. Adam was a very good spokesman. He was very intelligent, friendly and a nice guy who got our attention. What he said made sense and we felt comfortable talking to him. We liked their type of shower that they had in there rather than the big ugly things that a couple of the other places were putting up which looks awful.

The installers tore out the old bathroom and they put the new tub. They did quality work. They were very polite and nice. They also took care and kept everything clean and picked up. They never even took a break and if they did, I didn't see them. They were here about 8 o'clock in the morning and they left at about 6:00 that night. We have the standard tub that has the air jets and water jets and it feels good being able to stay there for 20 minutes with the massage and being able to float my legs in the water.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Our Hydro Dimensions tub has hydro jets and air, and we went with this model because it fit in the bathroom. I had a fine experience purchasing the tub. The company met all the requirements that they advertised and expected.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We got an advertisement to have dinner in Iowa and hear about Hydro Dimensions. It was close and we were interested to find out about it, so it worked out well. The installation experience was wonderful. The installer was great. He was very intelligent and very personable. We really liked to have him around. The tub is wonderful for my back. It is nice, well-built, and comfortable. I need help standing up but it is easy to get in and out of for me. It works without any problem. We are really happy that we got the tub.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 18, 2019

I was wanting to get a walk-in bathtub for my mom and I was checking them all out. I had three different people come out and Hydro Dimensions' was the cheapest one, so I got them. The representatives were very convincing and very upfront forward, but they didn’t say it as it actually turned out to be, so I’m not very happy with them. The tub has a heated seat and jets. They have the air and the hydro, but the tub wasn’t quite what I thought it would be when they told me about it.

The guys that installed it were very good and they explained how everything worked. When I first purchased it, they said that the warehouse was full of tubs and if I wanted to expedite it, I could have them come out the next day. I said that it was no big deal because I wasn’t in very much of a hurry and that I would wait until they got over here. However, it turned out to be a month and a half later because there was nobody in the neighborhood that would install it. The guys had to come from Maryland. Had I known that up front, I would not have ordered from them because I wasn’t planning on waiting quite that long.

There are two things wrong with the tub after the installation and it has been going on four months now, and I still haven’t gotten anybody out here to fix it or check it or get back to me about it when they were supposed to stay in constant contact so that I would know what is going on, so I am not happy with them at all. I paid $500 to get the heated seat, but it doesn’t heat. Also, the water comes out where the safety bar is installed in the wall and it comes out at least five minutes after the water is drained out, so I don’t know if it is leaking only in the tub or if it is leaking outside the tub. If it was leaking outside the tub, two or three months worth of water dripping on the inside of my house is not gonna be good for my house and Hydro Dimensions doesn’t seem to care to get anybody over here.

Hydro Dimensions response

Mrs. Frederick,

We are very sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with the lead time and apparent lack of communication with the dealer. Truth be told, we are the manufacture of the product but we have nothing to do with the consumer direct sale side of the business. We are simple a manufacture provider for several of the nations top walk-in bathtub dealers. If we had known you were experiencing a problem with the dealer not communicating with you, we would been happy to intercede on your behalf and ensure that the dealer would have kept you up to date on start dates etc... Please call into our customer service department if you any issues with, or questions regarding your new walk-in bathtub and we will be happy to assist in any way that we can. Have a wonderful day!.

Sincerely,

Hydro Dimensions Customer Support Team

Original review: March 14, 2019

I went to Hydro Dimensions' seminar. Because of my arthritis, I decided to look into walk-in tubs. I didn’t know anything about the tubs but Hydro Dimensions was good at explaining about them. Everything has a lifetime warranty. The process of purchasing the tub was easy and the people who sold it were very knowledgeable as well. Also, the installation went well. However, it took up a little while for the tub to be installed because the installer's wife got sick. He had to take off a few times there to go and take her to the hospital. Nevertheless, I would suggest to others that they should go to the seminars before purchasing a new tub or just going out and buying one.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I've had a couple of back operations and nothing seems to work. So, I thought sitting in a walk-in bathtub would be helpful. My wife purchased one from Hydro Dimensions. It has jets at the bottom and mid-back when you sit in the tub. We had a problem though because the woman that we bought it from didn’t tell us that the size that we bought would have to be brought in through a wall instead of through the house. It was too big to go in through the doorways of our house. I was a little upset about that because she didn’t tell us that before I bought it and had it delivered. And I didn’t think about the size of it not going through a door.

The woman also didn’t tell us that we have to have a 100-gallon hot water heater to be able to fill that tub. Ours is 50 gallons and it doesn’t fill enough hot water to do it. So, luckily, I've had a contractor here that put that in and did some remodeling for us in the bathroom. And so, now, we're talking about getting a tank-less water heater and he's going to install that.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have a lot of health issues and I'm not doing real good. I wanted a walk-in tub for years. My husband looked around and decided to go with Hydro Dimensions. We had some locals install it for us and it took about four or five days. They'd come in the morning and then they'd leave around 3:00 or 4:00. It works but I don't like the door too well. It opens in. I'm a good-sized woman and it's tight when I step in. If I was any bigger, I wouldn't be able to get in. But other than that, it's really a treasure. I love the hand shower which I use to clean up, for cleansing. I enjoy being able to take a bath again and the Hydro Dimensions tub helps me to soak my legs. I would recommend it to anybody because it is really enjoyable.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered a tub through Hydro Dimensions. After I got it, the tub that was supposed to be installed wasn't installed. It was too small, the 44 x 24, and I can't sit in it. According to the salesman that came out here, he measured the tub and it was supposed to be a 48 x 28. I took it for granted when he measured it because he was gonna cut into my wall. I got an arch going over where my bathtub sits. He was gonna cut into that wall so we can get it in and I thought it was gonna be bigger than that. When the installer came in and brought the tub in here, I said that it ain't gonna work because the tub was too small. But he already had my tub busted out. He was gonna go to Willmar to get the parts but I told him to talk to the sales rep on that. I can't use it. It's too small for me. So, he's gonna come and take it out and give me my money back. I'm dissatisfied, overall.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

When my mother was moving in, I had to get something because she's not doing too good. Since she couldn't lift her leg, I needed something so she would be able to take a bath. I got a tub from Hydro Dimensions and everything was great. Their sales rep was very nice and their installers who put it together explained what had to be done. Everything was done really well and the tub looks wonderful. Other than that, I got a plumber to make the water to come in quicker because I don’t like waiting for the tub to fill. But the tub is very good quality and when you’re in there once it’s filled, it’s great.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We bought Hydro Dimensions' walk-in tub through Lowe’s and it was of fine quality. But the installation was challenging because we have concrete floor. It would have been nice to have parts information with the tub and to have a little better operating instructions on how the switches work as well as a little more information on the aromatherapy. I could also use a little more information up front on some of the dimensions and putting it in myself. I had a couple of questions so I had to call their customer service and they were fair.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

A friend of mine told me about Hydro Dimensions and we got a 32 x 60 which has a massage feature, air jets, a heated seat and a light. We've used it once and we like it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My husband is getting older and it's hard for him to stand up in the shower so I got him a Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub. I purchased it through Lowe's but when I went there, they didn't really have many that would be beneficial for him. So they did the research to see which ones had the handicap door. They came up with this unit and then they had to order it. This tub has a wider door and a bigger seat. My husband is really big so we couldn't just get a little one. He wouldn't be able to fit in it. And so far, he loves the walk-in tub. He loves the hydro jets and the air jets. It keeps him warm and that's nice.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We went to a dinner meeting where the walk-in bathtub with Hydro Dimensions was explained to us. We were interested to have the hydrotherapy part of it in our own house, so we got the tub. The reps were very nice and we appreciated them. The installation went very well. The man that put it in did a very good job, and he was quick and helpful. We’ve had it a month or two, and it takes more time than just stepping in the shower quickly.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Hydro Dimensions' reps presented at a dinner and their tub sounded good. The only thing they forgot to mention was how much water capacity it has. I gotta find a different water heater because of that and I’m looking to find a continuous flow LP gas water heater. Also, the sales people ought to tell you how some specifications work. With the tub, you got the water flow on your back and it seems to clean you up without soap, only I can’t get enough water in it to cover the top. Other than that, everything seems to work so far and I’d recommend it.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have MS so getting in and out of a bathtub was really crazy for me. So a walk-in one was the answer. Hydro Dimensions has a lifetime warranty and the dealer was really good. They told me straight up what the price was going to be and they actually stopped and thought about what our water tank could contain. They didn’t say that we couldn't do it and that we had to change our tank. They looked to see what they could fit to our tank. The tub also fit in really well. It just goes into the bathroom and it looks like it’s always been there. It is nice and I can now have a bath. I like the lights too. If you’re sitting there, you can turn all the other lights out and just indulge yourself in the bath. I also like the fact that it comes on 20 minutes later to blow out the air. That’s a good feature on it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My daughter Susie looked into all of the different walk-in tubs and selected Hydro Dimensions. The reps were wonderful. They did an excellent job and I'm very pleased with my walk-in tub. I like the whirlpool with the jets and it makes me feel good.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The Hydro Dimensions walk-in bathtub is nicer than the others. I like better its features for the size, the heated water jets, and the number of jets. It also fits a large person so I chose this particular tub. The company was great to deal with but I happened to choose a very poor contractor. So, I had to go directly to the company and I've had excellent dealings with them. Joe was the best to deal with and he was fantastic. I'm liking the tub very well and it’s great for fibromyalgia in particular. I would recommend the tub very much especially if you have a large man in the family.

Hydro Dimensions expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1993 by veterans in the specialty bathing industry, this company specializes in creating walk-in tubs and custom hydrotherapy and air massage systems. Located in Temecula, California, their products are featured in showrooms nationwide.

• Standard features: Hydro Dimensions' soaking tubs include a low threshold step-in, a high capacity faucet, a contoured door latch, a 17-inch high seat, a tile flange water barrier, an extension panel and angled grab bars.

• Massage therapy systems: Hydro Dimensions tubs can be outfitted with massage therapy systems. Air jets and water jets can be added to make your tub an in-house spa. Options include Deep Soak, Hydro Massage, Air Massage and Combo Massage therapy systems.

• Sanitization options: Hydro Dimensions offers an ozone sanitization system that cleans the tub and its jets by circulating ozone. There is also a UV sanitization system that uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, mold and other disease-causing microorganisms.

• Drain options: Each Hydro Dimensions tub comes with a door drain to keep water from pooling when you open the door. You can upgrade your tub with a Safe-T Drain that is capable of draining a full tub in about 85 seconds.

• Other features: Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be outfitted for aromatherapy and chromatherapy. These tubs can also be equipped with headsets and heated backrests.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility, senior citizens and individuals with joint pain.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information