4.4/5 (34 ratings)

About Hydro Dimensions

Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and speciality tubs that provide users with independence and comfort. The company offers high-quality products and add-on features that can be customized for enhanced safety and security. With grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and various therapy options, Hydro Dimensions tubs can provide some peace of mind. All tubs also come with a lifetime warranty.

Pros

• Network of dealers
  • Highly customizable
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Available nationwide

Cons

• Have to work through a third party
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in bathtub manufacturer. It offers 16 sizes and models of walk-in tubs with a variety of add-on features, including hydro and massage therapy. All tubs include a lifetime warranty.

Top Hydro Dimensions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Verified

I have never had such exemplary customer service in my life. ...The installation crew was neat; painted and replaced trim where necessary. When done we tipped them accordingly. Ac...

Verified

I like the quality, the way the door was designed, the space, and the safety bars of Hydro Dimensions. The installation was a little tricky...but I warned the people about that......

What is Hydro Dimensions?

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in tub and therapy system manufacturer. It makes walk-in tubs then works with a network of dealers for distribution and installation. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub business for more than 25 years.

There are 16 walk-in tub options available, making it a highly customizable purchasing experience. Additionally, there are seven options for massage therapy. These walk-in tubs are built to order, making it easy to add massage systems and additional features. Massage therapies can be beneficial for those with disabilities or who need extra relaxation. Jet placement can even be customized for more targeted relief.

Because of the nature of walk-in tub installations and the number of parts, Hydro Dimensions adheres to strict government certifications for electrical systems, drains and tub shells. Additionally, every tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty. Coverage includes the shell, frame and finish, motors, electronic controls, door seals and supporting equipment.

How does Hydro Dimensions work?

Bathrooms can be the most dangerous room for older people and those who have disabilities. Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and massage therapy systems that are both comfortable and safe.

Standard walk-in bathtub features include angled grab bars, a low entry threshold with a 17-inch-high seat, extension panels and a contoured door latch. Examples of upgrades include heated backrests, custom jet placement, massage therapy, UV sanitation and aromatherapy. All tubs come with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions has third-party dealers and installers throughout the United States, and its walk-in tubs are built to order. One thing to keep in mind: Be sure you’re working with a licensed, professional plumber. Because tub installation includes plumbing and electrical work, it's definitely not a do-it-yourself type of project.

Hydro Dimensions costs

Because of its highly customizable options, the cost of Hydro Dimensions’ tubs range widely. However, you can plan to spend anywhere from $4,500 to $11,500 or more. Factors that affect the cost include the features you add, tub size, tub color and any therapy upgrades.

Quotes may or may not include the installation cost, so be sure to talk with a representative about pricing ahead of time. However, each tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions FAQ

Does Hydro Dimensions offer installation services?

In some cases, Hydro Dimensions offers installation services. Be sure to ask a representative if the cost you’re quoted includes installation. If not, you’ll have to work with a local professional.

Where are Hydro Dimensions tubs available?

Hydro Dimensions is based out of California. However, it has dealers throughout the United States. Representatives can help you connect with a local dealer.

Does Hydro Dimensions offer different tub models?

Yes. There are 16 different walk-in tub models available. Additionally, there’s a variety of features available to upgrade and customize your tub.

Does Hydro Dimensions work through third-party dealers?

Yes. Hydro Dimensions manufacturers the tub and works with third-party dealers to sell and install.

Is Hydro Dimensions legit?

Yes. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub industry for more than 25 years. It offers a selection of walk-in tubs with highly customizable features. This makes it easy to find the right size and select from any specialty features you need. Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be pricey; however, each tub comes with a lifetime warranty that covers motors, electrical controls, the door seal, supporting equipment and the bathtub shell, frame and finish.

Each Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub is built to order. You can choose your colors, additional safety features and therapies. With 16 different models and several customization options, finding one to fit your specific needs should be fairly easy.

Hydro Dimensions Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Our Harmony Tub has six water jets up the back then all the air jets on the floor and around the seat of the chair. It's next to the smallest size that Hydro Dimensions has that fits into our area, and we use it all the time as a shower. We can fill up the tub, and the water comes up to the seat. However, it doesn't totally cover those water jets, so we can't turn them on ‘cause it flies water all over the place when it just covers the bottom ones. They have to be all covered.

If we wanna use our Harmony Tub to its full capacity, we need a new water heater. We were told the water heater we had was big enough, but it's also since ’99, when this house was built. It's not efficient anymore and we can't fill it up to the full capacity of using those water jets. So, we're in the process of getting a new water heater.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2022

The installers came early and had everything to set up the walk-in tub. The walk-in was smaller than the original tub, but they added shelves so there were no gaps between the wall and the tub itself. It was like a custom-made tub. There were three installers, and they were so wonderful in everything. They cleaned up all their work and picked up all their equipment. They even had to take out the trimming of the doorway, put new trimming in, and people wouldn’t even know it wasn't the original trim. The installers also had to take down part of the trim in the hallway, and they cut it so it matches.

Everything was done professionally, and they talked us through it because they told us the trim was gonna be different. It was bigger than the other trim we had, and I said, “It's okay.” Because we were gonna paint anyways, so it just made it even easier. It was like a remodel to my daughter's bathroom. It made it almost new, and we love it. They also explained everything to us and what they recommended as far as cleaning.

The Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub has been wonderful for my daughter. She has Joubert syndrome so she has a hard time getting in and out of the tub. The walk-in tub is accessible to her, for her to get in, and she has a nice bench she can sit on. The handheld is easy to maneuver too. She is able to hold it. It's working out great for us. I just got the warranty for the tub as well, and it covers everything for a year.

Original review: July 20, 2022

We bought our Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub directly from Lowe's, and there was an initial delay in getting it. It was supposed to be shipped to the store and it was delayed another month for some reason, but it turned out all right. The tub is a little over the head of a layman installing it and it took some time, but my husband got it installed just great. He's very handy building all kinds of things over the last 30 years, and he said the instructions were lacking. However, the company was very helpful when my husband had to call them about some questions, and there was one part they had to replace. Maybe he accidentally compromised it in installing it and they sent another part. The walk-in we got was one that had LED lights and all the bells and whistles of different air. It's very well-made, and I like all the jets and the luxury of the LED lights. It makes it a bit more luxurious.

Original review: June 28, 2022

The gentleman that came in was a great salesman. He wasn't too pushy, and we weren't cornered into buying the tub, so we weren't resistant. We considered what he said and decided it was something we wanted. Installation was magnificent. It only took hours, and I've never seen such competent three young men. Even on their van, they said, “No stupid people allowed.” They were cocky, but they were good and funny. It makes me wonder why we can't get competency like that in everything. The world would be so fine.

Hydro Dimensions has to build for all sizes of people. I'm a very tiny person. I'm 5’2, and the tub's seat is built for a man. It also fills up with a lot of water, and our hot water heater doesn't stay hot by the time it would get up to waist level or higher that the jets would start going. Since I'm tiny, I just crawl and stay in the foot basin and it'll cover me up to my shoulders. The jets that are higher spread the air around so I can breathe easily in the hot water and it's not too steamy. That's what I do, but not many people can do that. Still, I would recommend Hydro Dimensions. Most people are couples, and there are males and would need the tub designed the way it is.

Original review: April 22, 2022

We bought an American Standard walk-in bathtub from this company in Florida. Somewhere in the shuffle, because of supply problems, they substituted the Hydro Dimensions bathtub for the American Standard. We did not find out about that until it was installed and the guy handed me the manual on the way out after he installed it. We were a little upset about that. It was the first time that I called Hydro Dimensions and the customer service guy out there was great. He understood the problem and we eventually got it all worked out. Also, the people here had no idea what the heating element did so we called Hydro Dimensions and they emailed us the section for the heating manual. The Hydro people need to find somebody better to partner with down here in Florida.

The tub is working out fairly well. I like it. I bought it for my wife but I've been using it somewhat because I like the water bubbles. However, the American Standard tub has six jets behind your back but this one only has two and it's low down. The positioning is not really great. When I talked to the customer service guy, he was telling me that if we had ordered it, we could have had those jets in there. They’re custom. But now, we can’t retrofit it.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

Alan from Hydro Dimensions is probably the best salesman I've ever met. He's a wonderful fellow. He straight up told the truth about everything and was willing to back up anything he told me. You also can't beat the two guys that came from Iowa to put the tub in. They were the kind of guys you could just leave in your house and go away and they'd be fine with it. Not having to step in the old tub is worth a lot. The only thing I have trouble with is opening and closing the door. My belly gets in the way. But I like how the tub looks.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

They did a great job in the installation of our Hydro Dimensions. They were very efficient. It's nice, it's a small-sized tub. It's for my mother. However, they complained about the stopper for the tub quite a bit. We're short people, so we can't reach over in there, which means we've got to step into the tub and get around the door and make sure that we get that stopper in correctly.

Hydro Dimensions response

Mrs. Payne,

Thank you very much for Choosing a Hydro Dimensions tub. It sounds like a brief tutorial on how the drain operates may have been missing on the installation process for you guys. Please call into our customer service line and we will be happy to walk you through how to properly operate the drain system. We look forward to hearing from you!

Hydro Dimensions Customer Support Team

888-818-7111

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

The sales rep was great as well as the crew. The workers were very efficient. It took a little time to get the job started, because everything needed to be ordered and then brought in. But after they started the job, everything went quickly. We have our own private bathroom and that's the next one we're planning to redo and have done, but my daughter is the one who's been using the Hydro Dimensions tub and she loves it. She works in the medical office, so it's nice for her when she comes home when she's been on her feet all day long and is able to relax in the tub. She's very happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Hydro Dimensions is responsive to complaints and issues. I told them one part of the shower broke. They sent one, but it wasn't what I had before, so they sent back to me another one, the one that I had before. Also, the walk-in tub is good quality. I was having some issues, and using it helps.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

A couple of people came out and Hydro Dimensions was the most reasonable and their product seemed equal to everyone else's. I went with the best deal. The installation crew was good. I had a little problem at the end. But other than that, it was okay. I was surprised how much water it takes. It kinda empties your water tank. So I'm not really crazy about using it. But other people in the family have loved it, and that's fine.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information