Call toll free
4.66/5
Based on 201 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Maintain your independence and comfort with the assistance of a Hydro Dimensions Walk-In Bathtub. We are dedicated to providing high quality products and offering the best features that are tailored for you.

With bathtub safety and healing power as top priorities, our tubs offer piece of mind with grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and therapy options to suit your needs.

At Hydro Dimensions, we insist on providing top quality assurance with timely delivery of your product. We’re with you every step of the way.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

206 Hydro Dimensions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I looked at what Hydro Dimension's brochure said and it looked like a fair deal. I was trying to get information on a walk-in tub and I was contacted by a gentleman who represented them. He came over and gave us the spiel, and we signed up. Then, he disappeared and we wondered what was going on. I went online and I discovered that there had been some problems with the Consumer Affairs people and the company, and I'd given them half the money. When the customer makes the initial payment, there should be a follow-up so that the customer feels they haven't been left out or abandoned.

Hydro Dimension contacted me and the gentleman, who was as professional as anybody I've ever had to deal with, came with the tub. They put the tub in and did a great job. My wife loves it. I wondered whether or not we'd been ripped off, but as it turns out, we had a very good experience. I'm in correspondence with the woman who is the head of the company that sold us the tub and we've had no problems since. We live in a condo with a very small water heater compared to people with homes, and we discovered we've got more than enough hot water into the tub to make it work for us.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I got one presentation by someone from another company and when he told me the price, it was well out of the range. I’ve been looking and saw Hydro Dimensions in Northern Colorado, which was just a few miles away. They came with a price that was a couple thousand dollars lower. For my wife, getting over the height of the tub was a real challenge so the tub that we were looking for was the low entrance for my wife to be able to get into it.

I’m still working with Hydro, answering questions for me. I wondered if that 1.5-kilowatt heater would work for me, but just looking at it with an engineering background, I don’t think it will. As I understand it, it keeps the temperature of the water coming into the tub constant, but that doesn’t work when I ran out of hot water in the water tank. They recommended 50-gallon but I just bought the 40-gallon and I’m not ready to throw a $500 away to spend another $600.

I understand that the top two jets are supposed to adjust the pressure coming out because it’s too weak for me and it’s just locked into a position. I can’t move it. The three on the bottom of the tub do rotate, but I never tested them while there was water in the tub. I'm wondering if they should be adjusting to the changed pressure that comes out of the tub. I’ve already sent an email this morning to the sales rep asking him the question and I’m sure he’ll get back to me tonight. We’re very happy with the tub right now.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've done a lot of online research about walk-in tubs. Although my son he has mobility issues and really needed it, I was concerned who was gonna install it. It was important to me that the installer be somebody who was really familiar with doing this kind of an installation. I was referred to Dave from Walk-In Expert Tubs. He had done an installation for another person who was very happy with their tub. Dave said he had been doing a lot of different works for many years. He felt that Hydro Dimensions was the best. He and his partner came out and took care of everything in three days. He had gotten the permit that we needed, did the installation in three days, laid the tile floor, and removed all the debris from the demolition. I am really happy with the installation.

My tub came with the basic set of features that everybody has. It has a low step into the tub. There’s a seat, a non-skid surface on the floor and a grab bar inside. It has both the air massage and the water jet massage. It has a handheld shower attachment so that you can shower off as well as soak in the tub. The water jets can come out very powerfully, but I don’t see a good way to be able to adjust the water jets other than by feel because there aren’t any markings to let you know. There are chrome rings around the jets and it says in the manual to turn it 90˚ to get it higher or lower, but it doesn’t say to the left, to the right. They should give you more specific directions in the manual about how you turn it down. The first time, one of the jets must have been on full blast and sprayed all over the bathroom. I talked to the installer and he had said that the jets could be adjusted.

The installer told me I had to turn it to the right if I wanna close it off or turn it to the left to open it. I was able to turn the jets almost off, which to me was the only way that it was comfortable and didn't literally leave a red mark on my skin. If you lean back against the jets, you have to be sure that you don’t make the water too hot. It's also not a really great idea to lean right up against the jets.

One of the things I saw over and over online was people saying that the jets would get all over the bathroom. Maybe they never talked to anybody about how to adjust the jets so they would never use it because it was too much trouble. Hydro Dimensions should make it easy for people. The jets should be marked in some way so that people can tell going to the right is gonna turn it down, going to the left is gonna turn it up. The air massage is great though. It’s just tiny holes and there’s air that’s blowing through the water. It's very mild and there has never been any problems with that. My son uses the tub every day and it’s all working just fine. I would definitely recommend Hydro Dimensions.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I would rather have someone that's local and Hydro Dimensions' sales reps were very good. The walk-in tub is comfortable and it relaxes me. It's my own private Jacuzzi. I had a big Jacuzzi where I used to live and the walk-in tub is much better than that. Some tubs only have one little spout in the back, and mine has a lot of them for my back, on the side, for my leg, and so on. Sometimes I get in there and I just wash my hair. I love the fact that I have my spray in there, and I don't have to go take a shower. I can take a quickie. I'm very happy with it. They put about a foot up above around the tub but it should be higher. The water should be a foot higher than it is now. I called Hydro Dimensions and I know that they're gonna come out and take care of it for me. The guy said they would come and do it for me because they're nice people here.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We went with our Hydro Dimensions model since my wife just had surgery and she needs jets in a particular place. However, the shower hose was eight feet long which was crazy. It hangs down in the tub. I went on Amazon, got a four-foot one and replaced it. Now it's up on the file and goes straight up to the shower head. I now have plenty of room when I take off the shower.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We wanted a walk-in tub for my disabled daughter and Hydro Dimensions had a program for her. It was all arranged through Medicaid and the only thing we did was sign the paper that said, "Yeah, we wanted it," and then when it was completed, we signed the paper that said it was completed. The two gentlemen who installed the tub did a marvelous job. They finished it in less than a day and that included the tile in the front and back of the tub. Everything was perfect. When one of the little pieces of the lock where the door closes broke off, we talked to Tommy who came out and put some glue on it and it's working fine. He said to call him if we had any more trouble with it. When we had the old bath tub in the house, Christine used to like to sit on a little seat so that seat in the new walk-in is great for her.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I'm very arthritic and I had considered walk-in bathtubs for some time. I also talked to a couple of the makers. I was very pleased with the Hydro Dimensions rep who visited me and talked with me about it, so I made that decision to go with them. Their tub seemed to be what I wanted and it was not extremely expensive. Purchasing the tub from Hydro Dimensions was not a problem at all. I just had one visit. I waited as I was trying to decide if I would go through with it and then I did. The tub I bought has the standard features which some of the more expensive ones had. It was two months before they brought and installed it. The first person who came out to talk with me about it measured what I had in my bathroom, and it was very easily done. The crew was very gracious and very neat about everything, so I was very pleased.

We've had a miserable summer and now this rain is very hard on me because of the arthritis. But the Hydro Dimensions tub is relaxing and I've enjoyed it. I feel it has been of some value. My experience with Hydro Dimensions is fine and I'm certainly satisfied. I would recommend Hydro Dimensions to friends if they were interested.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

A salesman from Lowe’s recommended Hydro Dimensions when we were doing a bunch of other stuff for the bathrooms through Lowe’s. We wanted the best as long as we were gonna spend the money and we got the Cadillac model. It has LED lights, an air jet, a water jet and a bidet. We had a contractor install it and it went well but they had to knock a part of a wall out because it’s bigger than the tub. Also, when they finally got everything all hooked up, there was one LED light wire that got pinched when they installed it, so when we first tried the tub, filled it with water and then turned the LED lights on, one of them didn’t work from the right faucet. The guy had to order a replacement LED because he didn’t wanna try to fix the wire. He replaced the entire LED but it added about three weeks of our time because it took that long to get the replacement part.

We love the tub’s functionality and looks. I’m used to stand-up showers and it has the shower but it’s a sit-down shower so it’s different, but I like it. It will impact our lives a lot more as we get older when we can’t step out over a regular tub. I’m in my 70s now, so I can’t just jump over a tub easily as much anymore. We broke a clip for the magnetic panel on the front of it though and I looked on the site but I can’t find anything for spare or replacement parts. I even looked in the manual and I couldn’t find a part number for that clip. But as far as everything else, we really like it. It works great and we’re happy with the product.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My husband and I are elderly and are having some medical problems so we decided to get a Hydro Dimensions Walk-In Bathtub. It has all the jets on it for our feet and back, it has lights and it has aroma too. Our purchase experience was good. The rep was nice and very informative, and the installation team did a good job in getting the tub in. It’s not yet finished be we can use it. My husband hasn’t been able to get in a tub for several years and he has a lot of joint problems so it has helped him more.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We had our whole bathroom modeled for my daughter who’s handicapped. We went to Lowe's because I could get a line of credit there to purchase a new bathroom. They had a display of Hydro Dimension's walk-in tub which was the kind my daughter wanted. She liked the jets, the seat, and the spray handle. And since she had several spinal surgeries and the spinal stimulator implanted, we thought that would be good for her back. It was also easy for her to get in and out by herself with the handles and how they designed the bathroom for her.

When we ordered the tub, everything was sent out to our house. It sat in our garage for a while before a young man came to inspect everything. He just looked at the numbers on the boxes and never opened them. It was only opened during the demo to take everything out of the bathroom and apparently, it wasn't the right tub. It was bisque when we ordered a white one. They had to reorder another one and we had to wait for another three weeks for the white tub. Then, when it was delivered, so much went on because the contractors came in, threw boxes around, looked at things, and moved them to the side. They actually lost some nuts and bolts to the toilet. It was a mess, but we got everything fixed out. We keep filling it up to above the jets and turn them on to make sure everything is flushed out of them.

However, the unit seems smaller than the one she tried out in Lowe’s and is tight for her to get in and out. When she gets in, she has no elbow room to do anything. And since my daughter’s been very ill, she has put on some weight. And for a heavier person, I wouldn't recommend the tub at all. Even my husband wouldn’t be able to get in there. She also has nerve damage in her right leg and got three titanium screws holding her pelvis together so it’s hard for her to move where there’s no room. In addition, the one my daughter tried in Lowe's has a slanted seat while the one that was installed is straight up and down. It’s a total different tub, but we already got it in now and we couldn’t take it out.

In addition, I could put the drain down very easily with this tub but trying to get it up would need muscle man. My daughter couldn’t do it so I have to come in, use both hands and let the water out for her. But she still hasn't used the tub because we have major problems with the water. Every time I try to get an answer about it, everybody would push it off on somebody else. Nobody wanted to talk to me. So, I had to take matters in my hand. I had to call the city of Leesburg and have them come out and check our water. Come to find out after calling several people, getting a lot of information and showing them the green stuff that was coming through the water, it seemed that we had algae in our tanks coming from our water softener. So we had to put a whole brand new system in.

Now I’m trying to get the water flushed through the lines ‘cause now, the green algae is through them. I was told to run the hot water till there’s no more hot water left everyday. So, I’ve been running the cold and the hot water everyday but what’s coming through now is sand which is what’s down in the bottom of our hot water heater. When my husband comes home tomorrow, he would have to drain the hot water heater and get the sand out.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My husband is disabled and on oxygen. When he is in the shower, it’s too humid for him and he can’t breathe. He also could not get in and out of the other tubs so we decided on a walk-in tub. We checked several and they were too expensive so we got Hydro Dimensions through Lowe’s and buying it was very simple and we were very satisfied. The tub has the jets, air and lights. It also has the handheld shower head and the grab bars.

The tub is wonderful and it’s doing what we wanted it to do other than the fact that now we have to purchase a new hot water tank and Hydro didn't tell us that. We really like the bathtub but the hot water tank that we have won’t cut it. My husband is not able to use the jets because he can't get enough hot water to get above them. Still, we had a neat experience with Hydro and the tub has been great because it gives my husband more dignity. He can take his own bath instead of me having to bathe him and it works wonderfully.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Hydro Dimensions had the lifetime warranty. Another company also offered that, but they were expensive. Hydro Dimensions was very supportive and helpful with getting me all the instructions in advance for the system so that I could give them to the plumber and the contractor, and everything went smoothly. The purchasing experience was perfect and I had no issues. I went straight to the manufacturer and they were very knowledgeable and had extremely good expertise. I just had to speak to one of the engineers and I outsourced the installation. I got a Hydro Dimension that has the seats, air massage, hydrotherapy, light therapy and aromatherapy as I have a disabled child. It is more convenient for me because I don’t have to pick him up and put him in a tub anymore, my back doesn’t hurt as much.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I got a walk-in tub from Hydro Dimensions and it has a built-in shower seat, textured floor, and grab bars. The installers did a very good job. I like the tub. And I’m incapacitated, so it helps me a lot.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We were so convinced with the Hydro Dimensions rep that we wanted to get their tub. He did a very nice job explaining all about it and the two fellas installed the tub in one day. The tub matched the decor in the bathroom, and it has a shower, a seating arrangement and additional ports on the back and sides. You can also arrange the temperature of the water and it stays nice. I also love the stimulation from the ports. It’s very comfortable. The tub is also beautiful and very relaxing.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Hydro Dimensions was about $2,000 cheaper than Safe Step and it has grab bars, non-slip flooring and jets. Plus it has the heated seat and back. But I've been trying to get them out here to go over the directions again because I don't think the book is very explicit. First of all, the picture they have for the bubbler, the air jets, has a different picture on it. It has three emblems on the top while mine is strictly silver. So I don’t know how to work that.

And also the water jets that are behind me, especially because I’m right there, are too powerful and I need to figure out how to turn them down. The book sort of explains it and I tried to do that but I’ve never been able to do it. And that’s why I need somebody back out here to show me exactly what I’m supposed to be doing. There was also lack of communication once I ordered till I got it. I had to keep calling them to get any information back about when it was gonna come. It took about 10 weeks rather than eight. They said that was because of the heated seat. I could understand that but it just seemed like I did all the calling. They didn’t call me at all.

Hydro Dimensions response
Mrs. Degner,

We are very happy to hear that you are very pleased with our product but really concerned with the lack of communication you are getting from the dealer you purchased from. Please reach out to them again and if you continue to have an issue reaching them, call into our customer support team and we will assist you with getting a hold of them. You can call us toll free at;

Hydro Dimensions Customer Support

888-818-7111

Original review: July 17, 2018

The contractors purchased the tub from Hydro Dimensions for me and it's a good product. It's a walk-in spa tub that has hydro jet. The tub fit in my bathroom and I’m happy with it so far. However, I'm not too happy with the dealer I bought it from. I had an issue or two and I called them and they said they would call me back but they haven't. So I reached out to Hydro Dimensions. They seemed responsive and they were willing to work with me. And I got the issue resolved. Hydro Dimensions is a pretty good company and their tub has helped a lot in terms of my mobility and comfort.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have a walk-in tub at another location but I didn’t want to use the same brand. So I went online and checked out other companies. I also checked if the company could do in Sarasota and I found Hydro Dimensions. A gentleman set up an appointment and came to my home. I told him what I was looking for and why I was looking for it. He showed me the different models from which I could pick from and he said they could add or take out anything I wanted. He also talked to my husband and then my husband took his pick and we added some extra features. And the deal was done.

I like the design of their tub as well as the choices that I had where I could make it wider. My other tub is just Jacuzzi and it’s very narrow. So it appealed to me that I could get the Hydro Dimensions tub in different sizes. Also, the door opens outward which was the major deal because the inward door is a pain. My Hydro Dimensions tub has the standard stuff like the shower but I was able to add more jets and more air vents as many as I wanted. And that was a big plus to me because some of the tubs come with just standard three or four air jets. So it’s nice to have this flexibility with Hydro Dimensions. The young men who came out for the installation worked great all day. They were very professional and courteous. They were very nice and they cleaned up.

Original review: May 18, 2018

When Hydro Dimensions came to our house, we presented to them the features we were looking for and they had all of them. We weren't gonna be interested at all if they didn't have what we were looking for, like one of the whirlpools. At that time we had a list of five to 10 things that we asked for and the sales rep did a good job of presenting his information. We've had the tub for a while and we've been happy with it. My wife has a problem with her knee and it helped a lot with her not having to climb over a bathtub to get into it.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I'd like to make it easy for my mother with the hydrotherapy. She's 82 years old and probably gonna live here with us for a while so I figured might as well bite the bullet. I do a lot of work myself. And realistically, I could have put the tub in myself. But we had just moved my mother in with us and so, between trying to take care of her and that, that's where I just figured to just have someone do it. We had the smaller one and I told my mother-in-law about that but she said that was too small.

The Hydro Dimensions salesman was on top of everything. When he said he was gonna call, he called. When he said he was gonna come here, he came. When he tentatively set up the first installation date, he said that just in case, it may not happen that date but everything happened. I'm content with what they did. However, I asked him about the weight of the tub, and knowing that water weighs 8 pounds a gallon and he didn't know that. I thought that would be something he knew.

The installers were clean and professional. I wanted to make sure it was gonna be done in a day so I gave them a couple hours head start. I took off the tile and drywall for where the tub was gonna go. And they did a pretty good job. Everyone's content and happy with the way everything went. I would recommend them. Give 'em a call and have 'em come out and give you a price. Most companies don't operate that way where you can just buy the tub from 'em. Or you can go to Home Depot or Lowe's and you can always buy a tub that way. If I even liked it too, I could've just bought the tub through Zak's and I like that feature.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The tub was for my mother-in-law and Hydro Dimensions offered the amount that we could afford. The tub had the heated seats and all the jets and stuff. The sales agent was pretty good. He explained it thoroughly and got the paperwork done. Then the installation went pretty good. I just had to clean up, repaint the walls and stuff like that. Other than that, it was okay. They were nice. My mother-in-law likes the tub. Give Hydro Dimensions a call and check it out. Get a free estimate.

Original review: April 9, 2018

When I decided to replace my old bathtub I did a lot of research on the internet. I got 6 estimates. Five of the estimates were useless, because they could not make the turn in the hallway with the tub to get it through the door without destroying a large portion of the house. The local dealer for Hydro Dimensions measured and proposed that the tub be put through the wall from the family room. Also, he was familiar with "reverse plumbing" which is necessary because of the position of the toilet in our bathroom. Since our slab is post-tensioned, the drain had to remain where it was when the house was built. Bringing the tub through the wall and reverse plumbing solved those problems.

Hydro Dimensions had the tub I wanted at a reasonable price. The local dealer was great. He followed up with us on a daily basis, and the entire installation was smooth and the results very professional. I have already recommended my local dealer to several people who want a walk in tub. I find bathing in my deep walk in tub to be Bathing Bliss!

Original review: April 5, 2018

My husband was taking showers standing up and he wouldn't let anybody help him except when he got out to help him dry. I was very worried that he'd fall into the shower. Then I saw Hydro Dimensions' walk-in bathtub being advertised a lot and I thought that would be great, so I decided to buy one. We live in a modular home and because of that, I went with their rep because he specializes in these type of homes. There were houses that were already constructed and his company did a very good job with them. His company was called Factory Direct and he said he could sell it to me at a cheaper price. American Standard, which is based in Texas, started at $13,000 and this gentleman sold it at $7,000 before I added anything else on it. So it was under $10,000 with him and I went with the cheapest one.

He was very helpful and he explained everything. He showed me the different ones that were available and helped me pick out the one that would go best in that space where we have it now which is in the front bathroom that guests use and it has the same shower that the master bathroom has. So it was a wall to wall shower and now, it's a wall to wall tub. I had to wait to 48 hours after they installed the tub before I could use it and the first time I used it, I ran out of hot water. But other than that, I love it. So far, I'm not yet able to use the deep tub because I’m waiting for my plumber to put in a system that would put water in the tub all the time. But I’ve been using it as a shower and I'm very happy with it.

With my Hydro Dimensions tub, I could sit in and wash my own hair. I’ve been going through the beauty operator once every two weeks to have my hair washed because I haven’t been able to wash my hair in the shower for two years and more. Having to chip my head back got me dizzy and I started to fall so I hadn’t been doing that. I had a kidney failure about five years ago and from then on I really couldn’t wash my hair at home. It almost killed me. I ended up in a hospital and I missed five days of my life. I also showed my tub to several friends and said how much I like it. I also suggested that they may want to do something about it now while they still have the money, instead of waiting for their retirement.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We went to a place called Kingston Bath and one of the gentlemen came to the house and told us about Hydro Dimensions' walk-in bathtub. They quoted us a price and at the time, the gentleman that was representing them did a good job. He said they could get us the door that opens out and that was the time that we had the money and we decided to go with it. I’m 60 and my husband is 55. And we figured down the road when we get a little bit older, that might be something that we would enjoy more being in and out of the bath.

However, I would never buy another one off of Kingston Bath. First, the rep said the tub would be delivered in about four weeks but we didn’t hear from them. We called and he said there was an issue and that there was going to be a little flaw in getting the tub to us. When I asked what was up, he wouldn’t let me know and told me they'd let us know when the tub would become available.

So, another six weeks went by and all of a sudden we had some foundation issue with our house and had to get it taken care of because there was a hole inside. So when their rep called to say that they got the tub for us, we told them they couldn't deliver it. We got to get the hole fixed first because we didn't want to get the tub installed then turn around and have the house jacked. So we did some calls and we got a guy that could come over and do it. About a week later after he came and got to fix it, I called Kingston Bath and told them to come and deliver.

When they did, they showed us how to use it and kept on telling us to hurry up. When my husband walked in, he broke the door handle because they didn’t show him that he had to push the button and turn it. Then they hooked the water up which was an easy mistake, cold to hot and hot to cold, but we didn’t know that the water was in line to a switch. They came back four days later and needed to put sealant around it. But the guy only brought one thing of sealant so he had to run out and get another one. Then, when we took a shower, all the water ran down behind and across the floor. And not once did Kingston Bath or Hydro call or send anything.

The tub is fine but it’s the same as any other tub. We had an old cast iron tub before this and I would have kept it. But it’s easier to take a bath in the Hydro bathtub if we wanted. I’d tell my friends about it but I'd tell them not to do it with Kingston Bath. If they wanted the Hydro Dimensions, they better find somebody else that would install it or represent Hydro Dimensions. With how expensive a tub is, you'd they’d pick up the phone one time.

Hydro Dimensions response

Mrs. Emmett this is the first time we are hearing anything about this or any issues that you had with our dealer. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced these types of issues. We will reach out to the dealer and address our concerns right away. Please know that if you ever have any issues or concerns with your bathtub you can call us direct and we will assist you right away. You can reach our customer service department by calling 1-888-818-7111 and they will be happy to help you.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I wanted to experience sitting in hot water if I'm showering. There was a repair done on my house and Hydro Dimensions was recommended to me. It took a couple of days for the tub to get here but they got it together. Then they had to do a remodeling on the door to get the tub in but it turned out all right. They also put in the bars to hold onto and the installation went well. They answered all my questions, told me how to use the tub, and recommended to do a water heater, so I put that in. The bathtub has jets that I could turn on and off and partially off. There’s also supposed to be a feature that releases some kind of ethanol and I know I could go and have it working.

So far, the tub is doing well. I like to use it and I do my routine around it. That’s the best thing. But I have a problem with the water. I got a 40-gallon heater and have to be careful because it'd be really hot for as long as I wanted. And I have to put cold water to try to regulate it to get the tub full because the hot water is not enough to fill it. So I would explain to others that it'd be better to have a 50-gallon water heater with it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have rheumatoid arthritis so I wanted to continue taking baths but I could not use my step-down tub. My daughter and I researched online, and found that there's a Hydro Dimensions location close by to us so we went to check it out. We liked it and we liked Dale real well. He was very nice, great, informative, and I'd tell others to talk to him. The purchasing process was easy and we got the handicap model walk-in tub. It has a shower, grab bar, and the jets. It also opens out, which would work better than the one that's going in if I end up in a wheelchair. The Hydro Dimensions' product is great and has all good impact in my daily life.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Hydro Dimensions is not a very well-known brand, and the only reason that I knew about them is that I had my secretary call all around to find some place that had tubs in-stock so I can go try them out. The local dealer has four on their showroom floor. I chose them because there are some people who believe they're even better than who the top manufacturer is, their rep is local, and I was able to test out the tub. They were better priced, too, as they're in between American Standard and Kohler price-wise. But everyone says the quality of Hydro Dimensions exceeds Kohler's quality. I got the one that has jets and a heater, and I chose it because of its size. I also had a special order on the finish and they were able to take care of it. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I was able to get better information from Lowe's about what Hydro tub I was buying. The dealer answered all the questions I had, and they had a brochure that they put out that gave me a lot of information on it. Purchasing the tub was very easy. They had to order it and it took a couple of weeks, which was not too long. Our tub has got air jets, water jets, aromatherapy and chromatherapy, although the aromatherapy can't be bought going in anymore. We ordered some and it's been six weeks since we ordered it, but we don't have it yet. Since the original manufacturers didn't make it anymore, there were three units of it that were going to be shipped, but I do not recall when it would be. Overall the tub has the features that I wanted. My wife couldn't get in and out of a regular tub, so our Hydro tub has been a great pleasure for her.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My wife had a stroke, and that's the reason why I wanted a tub. She's improving from it, but she can't get in and out of a regular tub. With a walk-in tub, she can just walk in. The company from whom I got our Hydro Dimensions tub did a good job of showing me what was needed and what they had. Our tub has the jets and the warm seat. Those are the main features besides being deep and being a walk-in tub, and those were all the features we wanted. We're older and there's a lot of arthritis, so the hydrotherapy features are important for us.

Purchasing the Hydro tub was fairly straightforward because everything was spelled out for us, and everybody did what they were supposed to do on that level. The people we worked through were also very good because there was a delay of the installation. We suddenly had a roofing problem right over where they were going to be working and we had to work out that problem first. They were very good about dealing with it.

For various reasons, we've only been able to use the Hydro tub once. We're still working out some bugs with it, and the company is coming out to fix the one thing that was there that they're responsible for. So, we're still ironing out problems but they are problems that can be ironed out. With the one use of the actual tub by my wife with the occupational therapist, she had a wonderful experience. I will eventually get around to using it, but not until we're absolutely sure I have everything right with her.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Since I intend to grow very old in my home, I needed a walk-in tub. I went to a Home and Garden show and there were two or three companies that presented their products. But I selected Hydro Dimensions, the company I thought with the best and most informative literature. The salesperson was very nice but he should have explained how everything has to be custom-made to fit in my small bathroom. It would have helped if I have been more patient with the salesperson and if I had known how long it takes to make a custom tub and surrounds. But the installation was done well even though it was done in a hurry like four days only.

I also wanted a new toilet and vanity. So they made over my bathroom. And I like the tub very much. Its door opens and I walk in. Also, I have a lot of arthritis, fibromyalgia and old bones and joints and muscles so the tub is a big help after I worked in the yard all day. I have access to the shower as well and the tub got the jet, grab-bar and enough bells and whistles for me. The only thing that it doesn't have that I wish I had gotten is a heater, to keep the water warm when it's cold in my bathroom.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My wife and I are getting old and we couldn't get down into a regular tub and get back out. We were at the farm show at Kansas City and I was talking to a salesman from Verilux Windows about their products. Then the bathtub came up and we got our Hydro Dimensions from them. The model that we got was the one they offered so that's all I know. I was a little bit surprised at its cost and initially, I thought we were not going through with the purchase. But my wife said we'll do it.

We've got a walk-in shower but we decided that it might be nice to have a sit-down bath. We also got the handheld showerhead and the heater. So far, my wife has taken a bath about three times on the tub and found out it's easier to shave her legs in it than how she had been doing it before. But during installation, I had a little bit of trouble with their electrician. He had to put two separate wires and he only put one in. Then he came back three days later and got the other wire hooked up. The installation was completed in August. So Hydro Dimensions kept saying about their one day installation on TV but they didn't really blow in any big detail. They need to stress that's it's going to take maybe two days to put the tub in. Also, our house is about 20 years old but it's newer. Compared to it, an older house might be a mess trying to get the tub in. Other than that, we got along with the company and I'd recommend them to someone.

Hydro Dimensions expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1993 by veterans in the specialty bathing industry, this company specializes in creating walk-in tubs and custom hydrotherapy and air massage systems. Located in Temecula, California, their products are featured in showrooms nationwide.

• Standard features: Hydro Dimensions' soaking tubs include a low threshold step-in, a high capacity faucet, a contoured door latch, a 17-inch high seat, a tile flange water barrier, an extension panel and angled grab bars.

• Massage therapy systems: Hydro Dimensions tubs can be outfitted with massage therapy systems. Air jets and water jets can be added to make your tub an in-house spa. Options include Deep Soak, Hydro Massage, Air Massage and Combo Massage therapy systems.

• Sanitization options: Hydro Dimensions offers an ozone sanitization system that cleans the tub and its jets by circulating ozone. There is also a UV sanitization system that uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, mold and other disease-causing microorganisms.

• Drain options: Each Hydro Dimensions tub comes with a door drain to keep water from pooling when you open the door. You can upgrade your tub with a Safe-T Drain that is capable of draining a full tub in about 85 seconds.

• Other features: Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be outfitted for aromatherapy and chromatherapy. These tubs can also be equipped with headsets and heated backrests.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility, senior citizens and individuals with joint pain.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information