Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.26/5
Visit Website

Maintain your independence and comfort with the assistance of a Hydro Dimensions Walk-In Bathtub. We are dedicated to providing high quality products and offering the best features that are tailored for you.

With bathtub safety and healing power as top priorities, our tubs offer piece of mind with grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and therapy options to suit your needs.

At Hydro Dimensions, we insist on providing top quality assurance with timely delivery of your product. We’re with you every step of the way.

View More View More

Hydro Dimensions Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Hydro Dimensions called and wanted to come out and visit with me. I had been looking at tubs for a long time but I couldn’t afford them. I was very happy to hear about the low door but when they put mine in, they had to put some wood underneath. So, it’s hard and they told me it would be, which is a problem, because I have problems with my legs. I’m still able to get out and in but this is a problem which they couldn’t fix. Also, they said that as the water rotated, the temperature would be kept at an even heat but it’s not doing that and it's important to me. I sit in there the full cycle, and sometimes, I sit in there the second cycle. I like that feature and I didn’t get that from any other tub.

The tub came with a shower curtain but they couldn’t find one for me, so they ordered one which should have been in three weeks ago. I haven’t heard anything. Also, at the time, when you close the tub and open it to drain it, it wasn’t holding. It was kicking back. I usually do it at least two times before it would hold. I try to take a bath every other day but I’ve been wanting to do one every day. I’m 80 years old and I’m not really able to because it takes an hour to go through the cycles as it leaves me weak. But that has worked itself out and when I open it up now, it stays open. There are other issues they need to come out and fix. They also told me I could have a choice of the chrome or the brass fixtures and they didn’t give me the choice. I talked to management and they told the reps to tell me they would give me $100 credit, which I didn’t get either.

The staff told me last week that they would be back in town this week so they could come out and fix some issues. They should have called me back when they weren’t able to come and they changed the schedule again. They never know where they were gonna go. They may be scheduled to come to Houston, but they still went somewhere else where they were closer. They were supposed to come two weeks ago and they didn’t. So, I called again this past weekend, and they said that they had to change their schedule. They didn’t know no one called me and let me know they weren’t coming. Still, I like what my tub does for me. It takes the soreness out of my muscles.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

The dealer that I went to said he used Hydro Dimensions all the time. He said that they were good. So I had my walk-in bathtub done through them. I have a heater on a seat and have grab bars. Then, I have jets and bubbles. But I’m mad about the tub afterwards because things went wrong with it. The handle wouldn’t work and you couldn’t lock it once it opened. It’s stuck halfway. Even a big and tall man couldn’t do it.

And the dealer was out of town and gave me all these excuses about how he had a wedding, how he got caught in his truck, got caught in traffic, and then it broke down. So, he took days to get this fixed and I couldn’t use the tub. And he didn’t want me to call the company. He said, “No. Oh, hell, you go through me.”

When he came, he came with a drill, and he was gonna fix it himself. And I said, “This needs a new handle. Get me a new handle.” So, when he got a new handle and he took it off, there was some little washers inside, they look metal, and they had buckled somehow, so it would not go past the middle point, and would not lock. The bolts did not come out correctly.

So, once that was fixed, it locked fine, but it leaks from the bottom of the door. The contractor said, “I think there’s something wrong with the tube. I’ll blow it out.” So, he blew it out and that corrected a lot of it, but it still leaks a little bit every time we have it full of water. I was also worried about the rubber seal on it. That was what was wrong, or whether it was just that water does run down to the bottom of the door. And there’s a little tiny drain there, like a little button, and that was not draining correctly. So, he’s gonna look at it again, but I asked him, “Why is this thing leaking? Is there something wrong with the rubber seal on it or what?”

So, now, I don’t know because if he can make it so that it does not leak on to the floor, I don’t need to be stepping out of the bathroom, stepping in water. So, we always have to put a towel there. That and the handle made me mad, because the dealer who sold me the tub bragged on it a lot. I said, “You bragged on these tubs a lot. They’re supposed to be perfect when they come from the manufacturer, are they not?” And so, he said, “Well, I don’t know what’s wrong with this, might be a simple fix.” I said, “No, it’s not a simple fix. It will not work. And this is a very important part of this tub to lock the door. Otherwise, you cannot use it. “

Plus, the lock is very hard to turn. I’m handicapped. It’s still hard for me to push. So, if that’s fixed by the next two days, I’ll be a happy person. I’ve got a very expensive tub here I cannot use. It cost thousands of dollars. But I’m not dissatisfied with the installation because the contractor was great. He spent hours putting the wiring together. I was sitting on the seat thinking, “I wonder what it feels like if electricity got to the water.” He said, “Oh, this has got a seat warmer.” Which I didn’t know, so I felt it come on automatically.

And he said, “So, when you’re draining the water out, you don’t get cold, because you have to sit down and wait for the water to drain before you can open the door, right? So, you know how they work.” I said, “Well, okay. I don’t know if you have to turn this on or not, but it does say dry everything off afterwards. Although, it has a cycle that come on and blows, through the pipes or whatever and dries it. So, 20 minutes after you empty the tub and step out, this will come on, which I believe, it does. So, that was a good thing.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Some guys came by and showed us some of Hydro Dimensions' tubs. We got interested and we ended up purchasing from them. It was pretty easy, but I wish they had informed us more on the pros and cons of what we were getting because we have a bigger tub and they didn’t tell us that we should’ve had a bigger water heater. So, when I fill up the tub to take a bath, the rest of the house is getting cold water because it’s 50 gallons and we have a 60-gallon tank. We know that we got the quick seal or quick release, but I thought they were gonna put bigger water lines in and not just normal water lines to fill it. To empty it, we really like that because it only takes three minutes to empty. But it takes about 15 minutes to fill and when I’m filling the tub, we lose the water pressure throughout the house.

If we had known that would happen, we would’ve done something to compensate for that. We could’ve put bigger water lines or we could’ve gotten something else. But we didn’t know about it till after. And when they were testing the tub, I was washing dishes and the water was close to a dribble. So, the tub is taking all the water.

Other than that, the tub is pretty good. I’ve had numerous knee surgeries then I have to have neck surgery. So, the walk-in tub is for me to sit and soak my neck, shoulders and back. When I first sat in there, I was bouncing for the first day. But so far, I sit in there and I enjoy is once a day. The tub that we got is 48 inches, so it’s the tall one. Then we have the foot jets, back jets, and all the jets that it’s supposed to come in with. So, it’s supposedly the top of the line. We wanted those features because I’m six foot and I have to have my C4 and C5 worked on. I have a bulged disc, so I have to be able to get my neck in it.

My wife likes the tub as well and she takes a shower in it. But the thing is, Hydro Dimensions only sells 72-inch shower curtains and you need to have a shower curtain that’s inside the tub because if it’s outside the tub, it’s defeating the purpose. So I had to go get us a regular 72 then I had to take it to the cleaners and have it cut.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Hydro Dimensions doesn't sell direct. It was a third-party supplier so it was kind of a hard sell and a little bit unreasonable. I explained that I was remodeling and wanted to wait until I actually got to the bathroom part of the remodel. But since the dealer wouldn’t take no for an answer, my remodeling the bathroom started earlier than originally planned. The salesman told me that the team would come in and put the bathroom and all he was doing was taking measurements. He wanted to see where the electrical connections were at and where the water was running so he did all of that. I told him that I was still remodeling and I needed some information. He said that the team would take care of it and that they were gonna install a 30-Amp Circuit. He also said that they’ll handle all the wiring.

When the guy got here, he told me he put in a single 15-Amp Circuit ‘cause it's unlikely that I’ll use both pumps at the same time. At that time, I didn't know what he was talking about the 15 Amp versus 30 Amp circuit. When the installation was done, I finally got the installation manual. I'm reading through it and right off the bat, the manufacturer says I need two GFCI protected, 15-Amp circuits as a minimum. He only put in one so that means I have to redo that. Plus, I was told these guys are professionals. There was no outlet box on the wall for him so what he did was just put the wire through then ran the wire and left the outlet box dangling. So, there’s no way I can correct that without pulling the whole thing out.

Then, I read the installation instructions again and it said, “Ensure that all six feet are flat and touching the floor when making your adjustments.” I don't remember seeing him, at that time, adjusting six feet so I looked under there, and sure enough, one was missed. I had to do that one as well. I wasn't really pleased with the installation. I wish I had the instructions ahead of time so I could have prepared better. Right now, I'm satisfied with the tub and I don't see any problems with it. I’m trying to finish that remodel job there so I can start using the tub. I would recommend it. But at the same time, I would tell others that the people are to watch out for. It’s not Hydro Dimensions’ fault, it’s where they’re dealing with.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We had a very good experience with Hydro Dimensions. They sold us a walk-in tub that was designed the way we wanted it and at a price point that was better than most jetted tubs. The product’s value really solidified our decision to go with them. The interface we had with them was very good as well. Hydro Dimensions is local, being that we’re in Palm Springs and they are over in Temecula, so we were able to get a representative out here to discuss it and give us a quote. We had to go to the factory where they assemble the product, which to me was important because I wanted to see how it was put together and what the maintenance might be in the future if there need be. They do that assembly in Temecula, which is about 40 minutes from here.

Their installers were also very good at adapting to our particular surrounding where the tub had to go. They put it where we wanted it and did what we wanted them to do. The installation was done in a couple of days and it was a plus that the team did a very good job. One thing, though, we have a shower curtain and with our 9-foot ceilings, the shower curtain needs a rod. The curtain rod is like a railing that is mounted on both ends. It’s 90-degrees bent. One goes to one wall and the other goes to a back wall. But with the 9-foot ceilings, we need a rod that goes from where the bent point is up to the ceiling because it droops there. They said they were gonna send their people out, but that was a while ago and we haven't heard anything yet. It’s not that big of a deal and I could do it, but we know that still needs to be done.

We got a high tub, which comes on almost to my neck, and it has jets and bubblers that are both noisy. It is rapid fill and has a very large capacity valving system so that you can fill it. It’s an 80-gallon tub that takes about four and a half to five minutes to fill. It also drains very fast. It takes less than two minutes through its two-inch drain. The tub has hot water, where you can soak in, as well as an in-line heater, not to heat it like a hot tub, but to maintain the temperature. It’s just that it runs our 50-gallon water heater to the point where it no longer has hot water. It’s a bit of a downside but it’s not that bad. And with the tub being indoors and out of the elements, it’s more usable than our hot tub outside. That one was awkward to use and we’re in Palm Springs where it’s windy.

The problem with walk-in tubs, however, is you have to be in it when you start filling it and stay there while it fills. You can’t do something else. You’re just stuck in there. There's no way to get through the door as it is sealed by the water pressure. There's no way to get around it unless you get a ladder and go up and over the sides of the hot tub. Even so, our walk-in tub really helps me relax. I am 74 and I had a stroke in 2001, and whenever I get in the tub then come out, I’m very relaxed, and it’s very conducive to having a nap after. I would recommend Hydro Dimensions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

In 2015 I had both my hips replaced. I'm getting a little older now and my wife wanted to remodel the bathroom also, so we decided that point in time would be the time to look into that. The guy from Hydro Dimensions came around and said they randomly just go around and talk to people that are a certain age. That was the only time we actually looked into it and he was a good salesman. The installers were here two days, which was pretty good. If they would’ve got here earlier in the morning, they could’ve done the installation in a day.

My wife complains about when she takes a shower, the curtain doesn’t keep all the water out from getting out. But when when I get in there, I just sit and I use the wand to shower sitting down. But she showers standing up. I don’t know if she put some Velcro on the side of it where she could stick the curtain and she said it’s better, but water still gets out. But other than that, I really like the tub. Since we’ve had the tub and I’ve been using it, my back hasn’t felt as good as it has for a long time.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I had a sunken tub put in the bathroom and it was very difficult for anybody to get in. I have some arthritis in my hips and so a walk-in tub was what I really needed. Hydro Dimensions was truthful, quick and very clean. The job they have done is beautiful. The tub has enough jets, and it is a little bit small. It is big enough for me, but it is not big enough for my husband to use. So, I wish I would’ve looked at that ahead of time. But he doesn’t care for Jacuzzi tubs, so that is okay. Their customer service as well as their installation team were both fine. It took them a whole day to install as they had a lot of demolition to do. Overall, they are great.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Hydro Dimensions called on the phone, and I have been thinking about it for quite a while. I don’t like to shower. I’d rather have a bath. My husband died recently and I had insurance money. So I went ahead and jumped in and said I would do it. The man that came over and talked to me about it was fine. I didn’t have any trouble with him. And the day that the guys put it in, they were here right promptly when they said they would be. And there were only two of them, but that was enough. Their problem was it was on a Friday, and they wanted to get done and get out of here. And they really didn’t take time to go over stuff with me. So I was not happy about that in the long run.

I’ve called over there twice. I was having trouble, to begin with, with the drain handle, but I got that all taken care of. And I can work it now. I was having trouble getting the tub work. I have yet to fill it up all the way and use it that way. I’ve just been bathing with it. And I need to know what the different buttons are for. And they were supposed to call me but they have not done that yet. Monday, I called them. The gentleman that talked to me said that he didn’t really know that much about it, and the other fellow was supposed to call me back. But I have not heard from him. But I like it. It certainly changed the looks of my bathroom. As far as the unit goes, it’s all right. I don’t have any problems with it, so far.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I decided to get a walk-in bathtub for safety reasons and because I’m getting older, it’s getting harder to get in and out of a regular bath tub. I was looking for the hand rails, the seat and the jets. We purchased the tub from Hydro Dimensions through Lowe's and then, Doc’s Restorations installed it for us. It went well and since then, it has been working good. We’re happy with what we’ve got now but when we first purchased it, Lowe’s sold us what was supposed to be a floor model display. It didn’t have all the parts so we had everything set up to start installing it, but it took us another two weeks because we had to wait for another one to be shipped. Other than that, it has been great.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Our plumber first told us about Hydro's walk-in bath tubs and we decided to purchase because it helps in our needs. The plumber did his job and took a couple of days for installation. We live in the Midwest and we're in and out of the way place, so getting Hydro Dimensions worked for us. Our tub has handheld bars and we like using it. So, everything is fine.

Hydro Dimensions expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1993 by veterans in the specialty bathing industry, this company specializes in creating walk-in tubs and custom hydrotherapy and air massage systems. Located in Temecula, California, their products are featured in showrooms nationwide.

• Standard features: Hydro Dimensions' soaking tubs include a low threshold step-in, a high capacity faucet, a contoured door latch, a 17-inch high seat, a tile flange water barrier, an extension panel and angled grab bars.

• Massage therapy systems: Hydro Dimensions tubs can be outfitted with massage therapy systems. Air jets and water jets can be added to make your tub an in-house spa. Options include Deep Soak, Hydro Massage, Air Massage and Combo Massage therapy systems.

• Sanitization options: Hydro Dimensions offers an ozone sanitization system that cleans the tub and its jets by circulating ozone. There is also a UV sanitization system that uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, mold and other disease-causing microorganisms.

• Drain options: Each Hydro Dimensions tub comes with a door drain to keep water from pooling when you open the door. You can upgrade your tub with a Safe-T Drain that is capable of draining a full tub in about 85 seconds.

• Other features: Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be outfitted for aromatherapy and chromatherapy. These tubs can also be equipped with headsets and heated backrests.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility, senior citizens and individuals with joint pain.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information