2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.4/5 (56 ratings)

About Hydro Dimensions

Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and speciality tubs that provide users with independence and comfort. The company offers high-quality products and add-on features that can be customized for enhanced safety and security. With grab bars for stability, door drains to prevent leaks and various therapy options, Hydro Dimensions tubs can provide some peace of mind. All tubs also come with a lifetime warranty.

Pros

• Network of dealers
  • Highly customizable
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Available nationwide

Cons

• Have to work through a third party
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in bathtub manufacturer. It offers 16 sizes and models of walk-in tubs with a variety of add-on features, including hydro and massage therapy. All tubs include a lifetime warranty.

Top Hydro Dimensions Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have never had such exemplary customer service in my life. ...The installation crew was neat; painted and replaced trim where necessary. When done we tipped them accordingly. Ac...

Verified

I like the quality, the way the door was designed, the space, and the safety bars of Hydro Dimensions. The installation was a little tricky...but I warned the people about that......

What is Hydro Dimensions?

Hydro Dimensions is a walk-in tub and therapy system manufacturer. It makes walk-in tubs then works with a network of dealers for distribution and installation. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub business for more than 25 years.

There are 16 walk-in tub options available, making it a highly customizable purchasing experience. Additionally, there are seven options for massage therapy. These walk-in tubs are built to order, making it easy to add massage systems and additional features. Massage therapies can be beneficial for those with disabilities or who need extra relaxation. Jet placement can even be customized for more targeted relief.

Because of the nature of walk-in tub installations and the number of parts, Hydro Dimensions adheres to strict government certifications for electrical systems, drains and tub shells. Additionally, every tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty. Coverage includes the shell, frame and finish, motors, electronic controls, door seals and supporting equipment.

How does Hydro Dimensions work?

Bathrooms can be the most dangerous room for older people and those who have disabilities. Hydro Dimensions offers walk-in bathtubs and massage therapy systems that are both comfortable and safe.

Standard walk-in bathtub features include angled grab bars, a low entry threshold with a 17-inch-high seat, extension panels and a contoured door latch. Examples of upgrades include heated backrests, custom jet placement, massage therapy, UV sanitation and aromatherapy. All tubs come with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions has third-party dealers and installers throughout the United States, and its walk-in tubs are built to order. One thing to keep in mind: Be sure you’re working with a licensed, professional plumber. Because tub installation includes plumbing and electrical work, it's definitely not a do-it-yourself type of project.

Hydro Dimensions costs

Because of its highly customizable options, the cost of Hydro Dimensions’ tubs range widely. However, you can plan to spend anywhere from $4,500 to $11,500 or more. Factors that affect the cost include the features you add, tub size, tub color and any therapy upgrades.

Quotes may or may not include the installation cost, so be sure to talk with a representative about pricing ahead of time. However, each tub purchase comes with a lifetime warranty.

Hydro Dimensions FAQ

Does Hydro Dimensions offer installation services?
In some cases, Hydro Dimensions offers installation services. Be sure to ask a representative if the cost you’re quoted includes installation. If not, you’ll have to work with a local professional.
Where are Hydro Dimensions tubs available?
Hydro Dimensions is based out of California. However, it has dealers throughout the United States. Representatives can help you connect with a local dealer.
Does Hydro Dimensions offer different tub models?
Yes. There are 16 different walk-in tub models available. Additionally, there’s a variety of features available to upgrade and customize your tub.
Does Hydro Dimensions work through third-party dealers?
Yes. Hydro Dimensions manufacturers the tub and works with third-party dealers to sell and install.

Is Hydro Dimensions legit?

Yes. Hydro Dimensions has been in the bathtub industry for more than 25 years. It offers a selection of walk-in tubs with highly customizable features. This makes it easy to find the right size and select from any specialty features you need. Hydro Dimensions’ tubs can be pricey; however, each tub comes with a lifetime warranty that covers motors, electrical controls, the door seal, supporting equipment and the bathtub shell, frame and finish.

Each Hydro Dimensions walk-in tub is built to order. You can choose your colors, additional safety features and therapies. With 16 different models and several customization options, finding one to fit your specific needs should be fairly easy.

Hydro Dimensions Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydro Dimensions?

Original review: May 9, 2021

For what we ordered, the tub was exactly what we wanted. It went in fairly easy and the only thing I couldn't figure out is that curtain. It's got two rods that I had no idea where they go. No instructions came with it and I had to wing it. But certainly, they go somewhere. I'll have to figure it out but it would have been nice to get instructions with that curtain. I brought the tub in the house and set it in where it was going to go and I went according to the instructions as far as setting it in and the floor it needs, and the leveling. I took a Jacuzzi tub out to put this in and it had the wiring there already. I got everything ready and I had the plumber set it. He did all the plumbing and most of the installation of the tub itself. I had to put walls on both ends of it because of the way my existing bathroom was built. So, I had a carpenter come in and build the walls around it, and he put tile around the plumbing.

I like sitting down, relaxing and enjoying the water jets and the air jets. It's relaxing. I had to put in a 50-gallon tank to keep up with the hot water and it keeps up good. My wife likes the tub because she's got problems with her knees, which was mainly the reason we got it. She couldn't climb into that Jacuzzi anymore so we got the walk-in tub because she wanted one. We've only had it installed and using it for a little over a couple of months. But so far, we like it. I called Hydro Dimensions maybe three times for information and they didn't hesitate to help me one bit. I broke the suction cup that comes with it to remove the access panels to it and I called them to ask them to send me a new one. I asked them how much it would cost and they said not to worry about it. They would send me another one.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I had the kids check into walk-in tubs, because I still have back-end problems and my knee. I thought it might be a solution for therapy, to be able to get in there with jets on and to help circulation around my knee. The gentleman that installed it was very thoughtful because he had to chip all that out of there to get to it. He was a very nice worker and he explained to me when I would ask him things and I was very happy with him.

The one that I have is the only one that would fit into our bathroom. It's the more basic one because the instructions that Hydro Dimensions sent me originally were for the next model up. And I was a bit leery because I didn't understand the instructions. Never been in one before. But my representative mailed me last week the new card which is exactly my model, which makes it a lot easier to understand when you're looking at the pictures that look like your tub. I had some extra jets put on the sides because my lower back and hips are what hurt bad. I like the tub and I wish I did it sooner when my husband was still alive, because he could have enjoyed it, too. It's a good investment for me. And hopefully, when and if I ever have to sell the house, somebody else will like it too.

Original review: April 8, 2021

The process with Hydro Dimensions was very challenging for my husband and I. He is 77 and I'm 73. It all started in December when we met with the sales people and they told us what this was going to be like. The man came out and measured, and said they could do all this and they got to put another box up. It all sounded fine and it would be done in three days. This was February 15th that they started and today is April. One person showed up for the installation and he was way over his head. He ran into problems with trying to figure out how to run the electrical. The bathroom it was going in is up on the second floor and the job was way too much for one person who was not an electrician. He was not a plumber but he was okay at demoing out the old bathtub and putting in the new bathtub. As a result of that, a lot of things got hung up. He even shared with us that he told Hydro Dimensions that he could just do the first level.

The tub is functioning and I can use it but when he was running the wires, he put his foot through the ceiling in the garage. He needed a day off after he put his foot through the ceiling because he was so shook up. Something happened when he was doing the bathtub and I have a stain in my family room. They got to fix that up. I was tempted to call them because they needed to be aware that they were giving this product to this installer, which a lot of people aren't going to separate the product from the installer. I wish we had done more research on this company. We’re surprised at ourselves for having to have gone through this because usually, our major purchases have gone well.

Another issue we had was when the guy turned the diverter for the showerhead, my pipe started vibrating and he felt that the pressure was too high. We couldn't understand that so it involved us calling out the county to come measure the pressure into our house and what was going on and if it was dangerous. We then got a plumber out here. We had to install a pressure regulator on our water line. He went upstairs and found out there wasn't anything wrong with the pressure. The diverter itself just needed to be adjusted and he did it. It was a very simple process after all of these. We ended up having to have the electrician come in and run the wires and the electricity. I love my tub but I’m not pleased with Hydro Dimensions at all.

I called the company early on because they kept telling me that the seat was heated and my seat wasn't getting heated. The gentleman I spoke with explained to me that it's the back that gets heated because research has found that what people complain about is the back. I even called them back and told them about their product. The sales lady said that she was glad I called her and that maybe she should call the gentleman I spoke with so she could learn more about the product. I had another question though and I was going to call Hydro Dimensions because in the beginning, when I’m done with the tub, I would hear the sound 20 minutes later where they told me it was cleaning out the jets. I went and washed the tub out with the soap like it had said in published directions and I’m not hearing that doing it anymore.

The product is good and I have no problem with it at all. It’s easy in, easy out. I love the showerhead. You can take your bath and also wash your hair in there. The bars are still very safe in it and the fill time is not a problem. I love the shelf. It ended up being in the back because of how my bathroom was but it's able to hold my shampoos and soaps. Everything is within reach right there. I don't feel like I'm unsafe.I'm going to be having knee surgery on Monday to replace my knee. The jets and things, which is why I enjoy this, are helpful. At the end of the day, I sit there in the tub and have the jets on my calves. I told my husband the other day that I love that when I get out of the tub, I can walk and it doesn’t hurt as bad. I have no problem with the product at all. It’s the company that installed it.

Original review: March 26, 2021

We made a phone call and some gal came out to our house. Overall, I enjoy the tub. But if I did more research, I might have picked something else. The tub is narrow. It would be better if it was a little wider. And they had to use one that had a door that swings in. I don't care for that. It's hard to get in and out with that door in the middle.

We weren't happy with the installation. We had to have them come back out a number of times. And we still have one of the jets that just doesn't seem to work.

And regarding the team that installed it, they never mentioned anything to us about water heaters. And it was quick. We found out that a 40 or even 50 gallon hot water tank isn't going to work with those walk-in tubs. We ended up having to put in a tankless water heater because we just couldn't get enough hot water to fill that walk-in tub. I’m sure they must have known that our standard water heater wasn't going to fill that. But they never mentioned it. The salesperson could have been a little more open about how it was going to work, and if it was gonna work in our house. If I were recommending Hydro Dimensions to a friend, I would certainly point out some things to look at, and maybe even get several different installation folks involved to see.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I like my walk-in tub from Hydro Dimensions except a lot of times, when I drain the tub, there's like sand at the bottom. But up until today, it's happened about almost every time. Sometimes, I go in there and sit in the tub and wash my hair. That works out really well. I just kind of lean over and it's an easy way for me to get my hair washed as well as taking a bath. I was in a hurry today so I didn’t linger in there. It's really handy for me to wash my hair there. I have back problems and sitting in there, the warmth really does help me. I wash my hair in the morning, but sometimes in the evening, I'll go in there and just relax and let the bubbles and the air kind of flow. I enjoy that very much. I haven't been able to take a bath for four years because when I had my knee replaced, I wasn't able to get out of a regular bathtub because you have to flip over on your knee to get out. I couldn't do that. But now, I can.

I have recommended Hydro Dimensions to a friend. She had gone to one of those seminars where they feed you dinner and they try to sell you. A few years ago, I was interested in a walk-in tub and so was she. So, we had a fellow come out. He told me that I couldn't have one because of the way my window was in the bathroom. This fellow from Hydro Dimensions came out. He called me first. He was here for a long time. He went over everything. He said, “Oh, yeah, they could do it.” What they did was they have like a little shelf behind the tub that they kind of build into. I can set stuff there like shampoo. It sounded really good. But what sold me on it was what he said that I could get a doctor's note that it could be considered a medical device. I got my rheumatologist to write the note. So, I'm hoping that next year, when I do my taxes, that can be considered.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Unfortunately, when the Hydro Dimensions came, it had a crack in it and we had to turn it back. So this is why it was extended for so long. Then I waited another three weeks for it to come back and be right. But everybody seemed to do a good job. I also like that I can sit down and the water’s nice and hot. We bought a new water heater, an 80-gallon one now, so that will handle it. Before we only had 40 so I had to wait till the new water heater came.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

The installation of our Hydro Dimensions was great. It took them four days. They were friendly, polite and professionals. The quality of the tub is excellent. I like the jets and I like where I can go in there and just soak with the Jets on me.

Original review: July 29, 2021

It's an awesome tub and the jets are off the chain. I like it and everybody should do it.

Original review: July 28, 2021

The installation of our Hydro Dimensions was a nightmare ‘cause they couldn't get it in because of my walls. But they got it in and it worked. The quality is good. We like it.

Original review: July 27, 2021

We like the Hydro Dimensions tub a lot. We like the shower that you can pull off so you can sit and wash your hair and soap. However, we made sure we turned off all the buttons for the spa and the jets. We were laying down on the bed and all of a sudden, we heard like someone’s using our bathtub. But no one was using the bathtub. It just went on all by itself. It was a little scary. I had to call because there was nothing mentioned in the instructions about what it’s gonna do. But the rep said, "It does that. It’s recycling." So, other than that, everything's good.

Hydro Dimensions Company Information