Find an Appliance Stores partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Great return policy on zero turn lawnmower. We had purchased a zero turn lawnmower from Lowe’s. It was delivered on time and the delivery driver was very courteous and professional. The lawnmower ran great but we found out our hill was too steep for that particular lawnmower. They said it could be returned within 30 days no questions asked. Two are pleasant surprise. We called the next day. Said it just did not work with our terrain. They said they be back to pick it up no questions asked and a full refund. There was no charge for them to pick it back up. They made it very simple and I appreciate them standing by the return policy.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Lowe's is a great home store. They offer excellent customer service and have a great range of quality products such as flooring, tools, paint, doors, windows, shades, curtains, sinks, vanities, toilets, patio furniture, decorations, and appliances for the home; lumber, products, and hardware for those in construction, plumbing, and the electrical field or those doing home projects; and products for lawn care and gardening, including great plants, shrubs and trees, and the products to care for them. I recently bought a home and have found 99% of the needed products I needed for getting settled, making repairs and upgrades. I'd have been lost without them and would have had to spend a lot more money elsewhere. They are also conveniently located.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I purchased an upright freezer because my old one died and I had hundreds of dollars in meat in it. The freezer was delivered and I plugged it in and it made a horrible noise and never got cold. I called and spoke to Lucas who went above and beyond getting one of the employees to use his own truck to bring me another one, I believe their names were Mike and Dereck. I want to say this was a very good ending to a bad situation.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I purchased a Whirlpool washer from Lowe’s Canada. It was faulty and did not work from the minute it was installed. I contacted whirlpool who were extremely unhelpful and was advised to call Lowe’s which I did. The manager at the appliance desk was awesome and resolved my problem instantly and to my great satisfaction. I have always shopped Lowe’s and will definitely recommend them to anybody wishing to buy an appliance.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

They do not stand by their products and after dodging us for 6 months they outright lie to avoid having to honor their extended protection plan. Our fridge failed under warranty and they refused to do anything about it, despite having paid 200$ for the protection plan. Shady selfish business practices. Do not trust them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I made an order on the 17th of September with delivery date of 10th of October. Since then, Delivery date as changed three times. I woke up to another change in delivery to date reflecting 10th of November. To say I am disappointed in Lowe's and your delivery schedule and handling is to say the least. The system is so unreliable and deceitful. Despite my two weeks ago call regarding constant changes in my delivery date, and reserved apologies tendered by the customer representative I spoke with, telling me that would be the last change in delivery date, another changes came through today. LET THE BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

If you want quality work done for a good price and have everything communicated with you, don't hire Lowe's. The overall cost of a fence installation was over 4k, which should have been a red flag already. So we have our installation date set, and the contractors they hire came and said to us 'where are the materials'. Apparently lowes was supposed to drop them off. Lowes drops them off the following day and the contractors make a new appointment of the following week.

Day of installation: no show. So I called them and they said they're at another site and they'll come later. I call once again and they say they're not coming but they'll come the following week. The next installation date comes, it rains so they cancel. The next installation: they can't come because they hit a septic tank and now they need to deal with that. The next installation: they come and find lowes delivered the wrong materials. THEY LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING. So I called them and they told me what happened. Why didn't they tell me before they left? So I call lowes, obviously upset, and they deliver the correct materials. Overall, this process took 5 weeks. Don't hire lowes. They really truly suck. Find a smaller contractor.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Ordered a cabinet door from Lowe’s in Delaware in May. Door was delivered to the store on Sept 14 from Shuler. Called the store and was told they did not have it. After 5 more calls to the store and an additional 5 calls to corporate customer service (total of about 6 hours phone time) was told there was nothing they could do for me. Worst customer service ever. Will never buy from them again!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

My order was sent to an old address. I ordered paint online due to the store not stocking items. I took a screenshot of the completed order showing my current Texas address because an email did not come immediately. The next day I received the invoice and confirmation with an old Indiana address from 2 years ago. So their computer system changed the address which customer service verified happened. They saw my current Texas addresses in my account and yet any order they tried to do also showed the system changing shipping to Indiana. None will look at my proof of ordering with the correct address either.

I did call customer service immediately the day of receiving the email invoice/ order confirmation to correct the issue of the address being changed by their system. The products had not been sent out but no one could change the address. They first told me I needed to do that with FedEx even though the FEDEX website says only the sender can make a change of address.

I kept checking with FedEx and it was moving towards Indiana instead of Texas, and after 4 calls to Lowes Customer Service with each one assuring me it was cared for, I finally got one item from order but the other 3 items went to Indiana. 3 more calls to LOwes with assurances they were caring for the issue with FedEx and still nothing. Today I finally found out the refund department has repeatedly refused to grant a refund even though I was told multiple times it is coming. I must track down their problem from their system created for a refund. NEVER going to order from Lowes again!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Tub arrived broken - large item! Shipper (truck driver) indicated he couldn't take it back, must accept then contact Lowe's. Exceptionally difficult to reach anyone at Lowe's. Difficult to arrange pick up. Spent value of tub in hours to manage this. Better to buy full price at local plumbing store and have service. Similarly, when I bought an oversized ladder from Lowe's last year, went to pick up and they couldn't find it. Service counter had me wait full hour for "manager" who never showed, then never called and couldn't be reached by phone for three days. Again, service issues not worth any cost savings. And service issues are common in my experience.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information