Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Shopping for countertops, we started at Home Depot...because it was the first store we came to. However, I’d had a great experience at our Minnesota Lowe’s store buying countertops so, when I needed them in our Arizona home, I went directly to my local Carefree, AZ store. I worked with Iris to come up with a plan and I selected a Silestone product. I was thrilled with my choice and that it fit into my tight budget. After all, Lowe’s quoted prices included installation (except for cutting a sink opening). Like in my Minnesota experience, this was deciding factor for me.

An outside installer was scheduled to do official measurements at our home. They came. They left. A week later Iris called to say there would be an additional installation charge of over $1000! I was crestfallen. I was also angry that installation would be that much more when installation was included! The explanation was that additional structure was required to bear the weight of the Silestone. I cancelled my order. Iris was the BEST to work with but, though she could explain the policies and be somewhat flexible with the Lowe’s prices, she couldn’t convince the installer to waive all his add-ons.

Next, I considered the composite granite. We found one that was similar to the Silestone and in an affordable bracket. Again, I paid and moved forward with the order. A new installation company was sent to our home. After all measurements were taken, again we were notified of a substantial upcharge! This time, we were told that the upcharge was to cover the expense of added structure under the countertops due to a garden window. Iris did all she could to fight for us but the installer would not absorb the additional charges.

Though I was angry and very disappointed, I was tired of the entire futile and frustrating experience by this time and decided to just drop everything and live with my old, out-of-date Formica countertops. Iris and I selected a date when I could meet her at the store to process another refund. That morning, Iris met me up front at the customer care desk. Franz, Iris’s supervisor joined her to process the large refund. I waited on a bench off to the side. After several minutes, Franz and Iris came out and approached me. Franz apologized for my wait but explained that the decision had been made on behalf on Lowe's to provide the countertops and installation at the price I had already paid! I was so shocked that I cried! I was thankful that I chased down my husband to share the good news. My husband’s response was this: “I guess this makes it clear that Lowe’s is our go-to place for home improvement from now on.” So be it!

The follow up is that, about a month later, the guys arrived to install the new countertops. The installers were so fun, professional, efficient and fast. I love the finished product! Our friends have been so complimentary. I have a bright, light kitchen. It's just as I’d hoped. Fun fact: No added structure was required to support my countertops when the old were removed to reveal what was there.

Kathy

Rio Verde, AZ

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I shopped for replacement screen door parts (coiled spring and spring-type hinges). I needed three hinges, but they only had packages of two per package in blister packs, so I would have had to buy two packages (four hinges) to get the three hinges I needed. They did have a package containing three hinges, but that blister pack also included an outdoor knob, an indoor handle and a latching hook, none of which I needed. And that package only came in white or black finish where I needed a brass finish. Nevertheless, I bought the white-finished package rather than buy two packages of two-pack hinges. They work well but we do not like the white finish.

As to the coil springs, they stocked two varieties in blister packs with little information as to the difference except that one was larger in diameter than the other. And you can guess, when I got back home I learned that I had bought the wrong one. I guess that's my own fault, but it would have been good to have a better description of the strength of the springs. I always shop at Lowe's when I need something in the home maintenance line and this experience won't change that. I'm a military vet, and Lowe's gives vets a discount on most items.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I bought a Whirlpool refrigerator at Lowe’s for delivery. The delivery crew came with the fridge and began installing it but it would not fit. No matter what they tried it just wouldn’t go between the wall and counter, and slightly too tall to fit under the cabinets. I remembered the cool tool I picked up a few months ago (not from Lowe’s, sorry): the Trim Puller. I acquired it planning on doing a project but hadn’t buckled down to doing so yet. I grabbed the Trim Puller and proceeded to remove the baseboard from the wall in the refrigerator space. It’s a rented house so I sure didn’t want to break the trim or damage the wall. As advertised! NO DAMAGE TO THE WALL AND THE TRIM CAME OFF IN ONE PIECE, UNDAMAGED.

We were making good progress side to side now but needed to clear the cabinet above. Again, I used the Trim Puller. I placed the flat face of the Trim puller on top of the fridge with the beveled edge against the cabinet. I gently tapped and the slight wedging action was all we needed and the fridge slid into place. The Lowe’s guys were very happy they didn’t have to return it and we got the fridge we wanted. Great tool!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I've been a Lowe's customer for 30+ years and in several different states. These comments are made about the good people in the Regency Square Lowe's (store 0503). The people who work at this store are very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. Given this, if I were to pick an All-Star team the two most valuable players would be Sandy in Electrical and Richard in Plumbing. Then the Rookie of the Year would be Joseph in the Door and Window area. Not sure how he got so smart so quick, but he is very very good.

As for the MVPs, Sandy has a wealth of knowledge of his area in electric and made a number of suggestions relative lighting in our home remodel that produced excellent results. Not only does he have complete knowledge of his area, but also the whole store. The same goes for Richard in Plumbing. He is excellent. I recently had double sink fixtures in the master bathroom with minor leaks I couldn't figure out why. After several troubleshooting questions, he suggested removing the aerators from the faucets. Leaks were eliminated. The faucets were slightly obstructed due to material in the line from a defective water softener. I soaked the aerators in vinegar for several days and reinstalled them and they work perfectly without a plumbing bill.

If you have a problem in their area and explain it to either Richard or Sandy their advice and suggestions are excellent. The other thing that I appreciate, is when they are working with a customer their focus is completely on that person. Kudos to these three gentlemen as well as the entire staff at this store. My full house nine month rehab is complete and the house just sold in two weeks with two full price offers on the same day.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I am a a professional house investor (over 25 years) that has seen it ALL. And been to ALL the Lowe's stores in Indiana and New York and other states. I travel out of my way to purchase from the Lowe's in Franklin Indiana. It is the customer service and Manager that gets my business (I am probably their number 1 online order customer). I do house remodeling for a living (even a well known TV show I have worked on).

I have experienced ALL the delays and excuses and screw ups you can imagine. How about sitting a table with a TV agent telling you have to buy a refrigerator or your house won't sell? Well Lowe's kept calling and said it was on its way... Then they said it HAD been delivered and I am sitting there with the guy listening to me yelling, "They STOLE MY REFRIGERATOR and I am contacting police right now" (Showed up Late in evening...they found it in one of the delivery guys' garages). Oh same deal days before... my thousands of dollars of roofing materials had been delivered and I even signed for them? Hmm, I was in hospital...got out and had this other store try to find that receipt WITH my signature. OOPS they couldn't... Well this was another store.

I GOT LUCKY and found the FRANKLIN INDIANA STORE. The manager definitely treats me right. Ok, I spend THOUSANDS every month. I go out of my way to buy from this store...even though my properties are VERY close to another store. Screw ups happen...but it seems this store always makes it right one way or another. Can't always get a refund but a store credit will do for me. Thank You Franklin...your customer William **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I ordered a microwave from Lowe's and requested installation. I immediately received a call from someone telling me to expect a call from someone else. I then received a call to set up the installation. By the way, you don't get to pick and they expect you to wait around for 4 hours on a weekday, no weekends. They can't bother calling you in advance so you don't have to waste your vacation time. I then received a call after the installation that I did not answer because I was tired of getting all of these calls at work.

She called again to see if I was happy with the installation. I thought I was done with all of the calls but received another one around 8:30 pm a few days later. Don't you love getting phone calls late at night? I didn't answer and blocked it and looked up the number 469-200-1467 and it's Lowe's. Please stop bothering me. I was considering the purchase of another appliance but not from them.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

This is my personal and unique opinion of Lowe’s Home Centers, LLC 350 Diedrich Boulevard Ashland, KY 41101 also known as Store Number 1123. This opinion was formed based on my recent personal experience with Lowe’s. On November 16, 2019, I purchased an LG WHT WT7300CW washer, MED663HW dryer and XHPC155XW dryer stand from Lowe’s. When the salesperson rang up the sale, the total was $400 more than the advertised price. We had shopped the features and benefits of similar units and made our final selection based on the value of the advertised price displayed on the Lowe’s price card for each item. The Lowe’s salesperson said not to worry, and that the price would be adjusted as promised using a mail-in rebate which would give us $400 in Visa Prepaid Cards. On November 18, 2019, we mailed our Lowe’s receipt and rebate forms as instructed and patiently waited the 8 weeks of processing time.

By mid-January 2020, the promised $400 in Visa Prepaid Cards had not arrived. In an attempt to resolve the situation, we visited the store twice. Lowe’s customer service couldn’t find any registration of our rebate. Eventually we found a customer service staffer that directed us to contact the Lowe’s Rebate Center directly at (877) 204-1223. The Lowe’s Rebate Center informed us that there wasn’t a valid rebate offer for the items we purchased and that we would not be receiving the $400 in Visa Prepaid Cards. On 2.14.2020 The new Lowe’s Store Manager ** told me that the former store manager and ½ of his staff in Appliances were terminated for similar complaints, but there wasn’t anything she could do because it happened before she was assigned to that store.

In my opinion, Lowe's lied to me to sell appliances at a price $400 higher than I was willing to pay. Knowing that Lowe’s staff had used this ploy to sell appliances is simply appalling. In my opinion, knowing that Lowe’s terminated the store manager and key employees for doing this to other customers is shocking, but honorable. However, in my opinion, knowing that Lowe’s won’t make it right with their customers makes them complicit. Lowe’s is no longer the friendly do-right retailer that Lucius Lowe founded. It is my opinion that their actions are unconscionable and possibly illegal. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! And by giving my truthful and honest opinion on this consumer complaint site, I hope to help Lowe’s improve its honesty, transparency, integrity and services in the future of dealing with me and its other customers.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Lowe's has always been my choice because of better quality construction material and I liken them to Scotties that never had big stores & less inventory but they also had much better quality than the guys with the orange sign.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I purchased a refrigerator from the local store at 2900 Martins Dr West Carrollton, OH 45449 on 2/8/2020 to be delivered tomorrow (2/18/2020). I called today to confirm that delivery and found that:

1) they had no order under my phone number; and,

2) they did not have a refrigerator to deliver.

Of course, they have already processed the charge on my credit card. I spoke to a manager who told me it would be about two months to get what I purchased. Alternately, they could provide me an “upgrade” to a brand/model I have already ruled out while initially shopping. I chose a full refund of what I paid. I then spoke to the store manager who apologized for the problem but could do nothing else. How can you sell what you cannot deliver? I took my business elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Ray of Tuscaloosa Alabama Lowe's help me find all of the materials I needed to hook up my new mobile home for power. He was very knowledgeable about what I would need to do the job. He also knew right where everything was located. Thanks, Ray.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information