Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Shopping for countertops, we started at Home Depot...because it was the first store we came to. However, I’d had a great experience at our Minnesota Lowe’s store buying countertops so, when I needed them in our Arizona home, I went directly to my local Carefree, AZ store. I worked with Iris to come up with a plan and I selected a Silestone product. I was thrilled with my choice and that it fit into my tight budget. After all, Lowe’s quoted prices included installation (except for cutting a sink opening). Like in my Minnesota experience, this was deciding factor for me.

An outside installer was scheduled to do official measurements at our home. They came. They left. A week later Iris called to say there would be an additional installation charge of over $1000! I was crestfallen. I was also angry that installation would be that much more when installation was included! The explanation was that additional structure was required to bear the weight of the Silestone. I cancelled my order. Iris was the BEST to work with but, though she could explain the policies and be somewhat flexible with the Lowe’s prices, she couldn’t convince the installer to waive all his add-ons.

Next, I considered the composite granite. We found one that was similar to the Silestone and in an affordable bracket. Again, I paid and moved forward with the order. A new installation company was sent to our home. After all measurements were taken, again we were notified of a substantial upcharge! This time, we were told that the upcharge was to cover the expense of added structure under the countertops due to a garden window. Iris did all she could to fight for us but the installer would not absorb the additional charges.

Though I was angry and very disappointed, I was tired of the entire futile and frustrating experience by this time and decided to just drop everything and live with my old, out-of-date Formica countertops. Iris and I selected a date when I could meet her at the store to process another refund. That morning, Iris met me up front at the customer care desk. Franz, Iris’s supervisor joined her to process the large refund. I waited on a bench off to the side. After several minutes, Franz and Iris came out and approached me. Franz apologized for my wait but explained that the decision had been made on behalf on Lowe's to provide the countertops and installation at the price I had already paid! I was so shocked that I cried! I was thankful that I chased down my husband to share the good news. My husband’s response was this: “I guess this makes it clear that Lowe’s is our go-to place for home improvement from now on.” So be it!

The follow up is that, about a month later, the guys arrived to install the new countertops. The installers were so fun, professional, efficient and fast. I love the finished product! Our friends have been so complimentary. I have a bright, light kitchen. It's just as I’d hoped. Fun fact: No added structure was required to support my countertops when the old were removed to reveal what was there.

Kathy

Rio Verde, AZ

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I shopped for replacement screen door parts (coiled spring and spring-type hinges). I needed three hinges, but they only had packages of two per package in blister packs, so I would have had to buy two packages (four hinges) to get the three hinges I needed. They did have a package containing three hinges, but that blister pack also included an outdoor knob, an indoor handle and a latching hook, none of which I needed. And that package only came in white or black finish where I needed a brass finish. Nevertheless, I bought the white-finished package rather than buy two packages of two-pack hinges. They work well but we do not like the white finish.

As to the coil springs, they stocked two varieties in blister packs with little information as to the difference except that one was larger in diameter than the other. And you can guess, when I got back home I learned that I had bought the wrong one. I guess that's my own fault, but it would have been good to have a better description of the strength of the springs. I always shop at Lowe's when I need something in the home maintenance line and this experience won't change that. I'm a military vet, and Lowe's gives vets a discount on most items.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I've been a Lowe's customer for 30+ years and in several different states. These comments are made about the good people in the Regency Square Lowe's (store 0503). The people who work at this store are very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. Given this, if I were to pick an All-Star team the two most valuable players would be Sandy in Electrical and Richard in Plumbing. Then the Rookie of the Year would be Joseph in the Door and Window area. Not sure how he got so smart so quick, but he is very very good.

As for the MVPs, Sandy has a wealth of knowledge of his area in electric and made a number of suggestions relative lighting in our home remodel that produced excellent results. Not only does he have complete knowledge of his area, but also the whole store. The same goes for Richard in Plumbing. He is excellent. I recently had double sink fixtures in the master bathroom with minor leaks I couldn't figure out why. After several troubleshooting questions, he suggested removing the aerators from the faucets. Leaks were eliminated. The faucets were slightly obstructed due to material in the line from a defective water softener. I soaked the aerators in vinegar for several days and reinstalled them and they work perfectly without a plumbing bill.

If you have a problem in their area and explain it to either Richard or Sandy their advice and suggestions are excellent. The other thing that I appreciate, is when they are working with a customer their focus is completely on that person. Kudos to these three gentlemen as well as the entire staff at this store. My full house nine month rehab is complete and the house just sold in two weeks with two full price offers on the same day.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I am a a professional house investor (over 25 years) that has seen it ALL. And been to ALL the Lowe's stores in Indiana and New York and other states. I travel out of my way to purchase from the Lowe's in Franklin Indiana. It is the customer service and Manager that gets my business (I am probably their number 1 online order customer). I do house remodeling for a living (even a well known TV show I have worked on).

I have experienced ALL the delays and excuses and screw ups you can imagine. How about sitting a table with a TV agent telling you have to buy a refrigerator or your house won't sell? Well Lowe's kept calling and said it was on its way... Then they said it HAD been delivered and I am sitting there with the guy listening to me yelling, "They STOLE MY REFRIGERATOR and I am contacting police right now" (Showed up Late in evening...they found it in one of the delivery guys' garages). Oh same deal days before... my thousands of dollars of roofing materials had been delivered and I even signed for them? Hmm, I was in hospital...got out and had this other store try to find that receipt WITH my signature. OOPS they couldn't... Well this was another store.

I GOT LUCKY and found the FRANKLIN INDIANA STORE. The manager definitely treats me right. Ok, I spend THOUSANDS every month. I go out of my way to buy from this store...even though my properties are VERY close to another store. Screw ups happen...but it seems this store always makes it right one way or another. Can't always get a refund but a store credit will do for me. Thank You Franklin...your customer William **.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

So it was time to replace the washer & dryer. We purchased a set for approximately $1,000 for the pair delivered with accessories. 5 months later very dissatisfied with the washer and its ability to balance loads and not Shake. Reviewed Lowe's return policy for appliances and you are able to return appliances for a full refund or credit for up to three months after purchase.

Well it had been 5 months and a few days since our purchase but I decided to contact them anyways. Contacted Jesse and explained my situation and she took the ball and ran with it. No problem, picked up the units the following morning and by that afternoon called me and had refunded the total purchase price to my American Express. As to not go through another unsatisfactory experience with appliances I reviewed washer and dryers extensively and found that almost all of them had 4 * reviews but read the one and two star reviews and came to the realization that all washers and dryers and probably refrigerators alike are of nowhere's the same quality is 15-20 years ago. Finally just took wild guess and purchased a nice-looking looking set of an LG washer and dryer.

They delivered it the following day and set it up and after a few days of using them I'm very satisfied with the performance but a little leery of all the new electronics and such that they use nowadays. But the point of this review is not on the appliance itself but on the great service that Lowe's gave after the sale. I didn't repurchase my washer and dryer from Lowe's because I had to but because of the great service after the sale!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Lowe's sells defective products (Husqvarna riding mower and Husqvarna 450 rancher chain saws) then refuses to service or replace them. It doesn't matter if the service center you are referred to states that the product was defectively made it will not be repaired or replaced. To further the issue the sales associates are uneducated in their jobs as they will either sell you a warranty they do not actually offer (chainsaws and other small engine equipment is non serviceable in Grand Junction Co as they have no service center for them.) or in other cases (the Husqvarna riding mower with 37.6 hours of use which had the deck fall off and apart as it wasn't actually even welded) recommend you not to purchase the warranty as it is a waste of money as it is covered by the manufacturer (Husqvarna), then they will tell you it is your fault for not purchasing it after being instructed not to by their employee. Either way avoiding shopping at Lowe's is the best way to save money and save yourself the headaches. GoPro video of employee recommending customer decline extended warranty is available to view on YouTube.com.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I’m not one to complain when someone makes a mistake as I’ve made many myself, but this has truly been the worst experience since becoming a loyal Lowe’s customer. We finally decided to go with a much needed bathroom update and were trying to get it completed by Christmas day. My decision to go with a Dream Line Essence Frameless Bypass shower door was because delivery date was December 23rd. Contractor scheduled install for December 24th. I probably should not have done that but like I said, I’ve made mistakes myself before.

I had to inform contractor that the door did not make it in and he would have to wait to install. He understood and said sometimes deliveries are delayed, especially during Holidays. He said maybe it will be in after Christmas and suggested I install a shower curtain meanwhile. He went ahead and rescheduled for December 28th. On December 27th, I had to call him and let him know that door was still not in and Lowe’s could not tell me how much longer before it’s in. At this point, he said he would just wait until door was in to reschedule.

On January 3rd, 2020, door finally arrived. I picked it up, and called him to schedule install. He scheduled it for January 11, 2020. Once he arrived and opened the box, he informed me that he could not install it because all he had in the box was 2 glass panes (the doors) and no hardware. He said they was probably a second box missing. I took off to Lowe’s to see if they had the box. Spoke with manager and explained the issue. After 30 minutes, I had to call contractor to cancel install because they did not have anything. Manager explained to me that this was a Dreamline problem and wrote done the number so I can call them to request hardware.

On January 13, 2020, I called Dreamline and after checking, they said this was Lowe’s problem because they picked up 2 boxes and they would have to order hardware if they lost it. By this point I am getting really frustrated! I called my local Lowe’s and asked to speak with a manager, but first had to explain my issue. After 10 minutes on hold, another person came on the line and I had to explain the issue again. I waited 40 minutes and 30 seconds before I decided to hang up.

After hanging up, I called complaint number for Lowe’s and Customer Service Agent Gabriela heard my issue. She was very understanding and placed me on hold why she call Lowe’s of Tyler. After a couple of minutes, she came back and said it might take a little longer and would call me back. With in 30 minutes called me back and said they could not find the second box but Lowe’s of Tyler would take care of this issue within 24 hours and they would call me. This was at 11:05 am. At 11:38 am, I got a call from Lowe’s of Tyler that they have found the second box and it would be at customer service desk so I can pick it up.

Yay! They found it! Yes, I’m excited that they found it, but really! After everything you put me through and now this $500 shower door is costing me an extra $150 because, oh yea! Forgot to mention I did have to pay contractor something for this last attempt since it was not his fault and he had to pay his guys. I really hope this door looks nice because right now I am not pleased with how Lowe’s handled this issue. Like I said in the beginning, I don’t complain when someone makes a mistake and am not one to plaster issues all over social media because I understand we all make mistakes. I do think highly of people/businesses when they own up to their mistakes and judge whether or not to continue with that relationship based on how they correct an error. In this case, Lowe’s is not a place I would recommend or continue to do business with.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

We planned for a while on what we wanted. We got a personal loan to help pay for it. We were changing the layout of the kitchen. My husband studied it, watching videos and researching the web. We agreed to a speckled gray made from a solid surface. I had a picture and used that to show the lady entering it into the computer. It was over $3200 just for the large counter. My husband and I did think it was odd that we got at least 3 phone calls to confirm our order. From 2 different people. They seemed to not know the other person had called.

The installation was delayed, and we realized someone dropped the ball on the integrated sink. This is a sink that is made into the counter, with no seams on the final product. The installation guys arrived on time, did a fantastic job. However, the counter was a solid gray color. No speckles. It looks beautiful, but isn’t what I ordered. Lowe’s says the employee did nothing wrong. They say she ordered what we wanted. Fail. So, just be very clear on what you want, and only talk to one person the whole time.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Horrible management. I'm sick of spending hundreds of dollars with this store and being treated terribly. Today - One register open, 8 people in line. They opened a second register. I waited in the new checkout line for almost 10 minutes then was told she was closing, and I needed to go back to the end of the first line. I've mentioned this problem to the management before and got a 1000 yard stare. They just don't care. From now on it's Home Depot for me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

This product is really garbage. Says High-Hiding but unfortunately we could not hide after painting twice on white painted wall. Says satin but shiny like semi-gloss. I tried to contact customer services at 1-800-785 1276. They asked me to send photos, I sent. Unfortunately did not receive a reply or a response to my calls.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information