1.19/5

2536 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

What happened? Damaged appliances were delivered and install. What was expected? To have appliances delivered, installed, and in service without any damage. What was the impact? Lost time, weekend plans changed, the hassle of having to be on the phone explaining your complaint to 10 different people. I wish I have read the many bad reviews in this page. At the end of the day I did canceled my purchases and Lowe’s is on their way to pick up their junk and return my old appliances which still work. I’ll look somewhere else to buy my next set of appliances.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We bought a brand new Frigidaire Side by Side Refrigerator from Lowe's. Within a year the water and ice maker dispenser went down. Called Lowe's customer service and got a good representative on the phone. She got a company to come out and fix the issue. About 6 months later it went down again, the same thing. Water dispenser and icemaker. Now it's been one month later and it's still not fixed. Customer service keeps stating they called the company (Hill's Appliance) about the repair. Hill's keeps saying the parts were ordered and now after a month states it may be another week but not definite about that.

Lowe's seems to not want to replace the Refrigerator with another one. They keep saying it's the company where they get their parts from which must be from China. I'm tired of Lowe's and very discouraged with their service and with the companies they use to service their appliances. Buyer beware of Lowe's and Frigidaire appliances. JUNK.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I received a renewal notice for my three year old Frigidaire Refrigerator. Lowe's wants $546.49 for a new three year protection plan. That is with a 20% discount. I will never buy another appliance from Lowe's.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I started the process of ordering a new front entryway door including sidelights and a storm door on May 22, 2018. The contracted installers came mid June to install the whole thing, the first issue was the storm door was 4 inches too short, so that needed to be sent back. The second issue was the Masonite fiberglass full glass door made a terrible rattling noise every time the door was open or closed. I called the local Lowe's and voiced my concern. The manager finally told me that Masonite had to send out an inspector to look at the door. He came a few weeks later and submitted an approximately 8 page report regarding the door, confirming the rattle and several recommendations for the installation of the new door that was being ordered. The proper length storm door finally arrived mid August and was installed, so I went most of the summer being unable to have my front door open!

The second door came and was installed by the contractors from Lowe's and it still rattles. To my knowledge the contractors never even saw the recommendations from the Masonite company because they just came, removed the old door and put on the new one! I have had issues with the Pella storm door as well and the manager at Lowe's gave me the number to Pella and told me to call them myself, I am thinking that that is NOT my job, it is his! I have spoken to corporate multiple times and they have attempted to help resolve this issue, but this is only one of many issues over the last year, guess I am a slow learner! I am done and will never shop at Lowe's again for anything!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We placed an order for 10 interior doors on August 20th (lead time of 3-4 weeks). On September 18th we received a call from the shipping company that the doors would be delivered the following day. My husband took off of work and was able to convince our contractor to have his crew come and get started. The crew removed and disposed of all of our interior doors (bedroom, closet and bathroom) in anticipation of the arrival of the new doors.

At approximately 5:30pm I called the shipping company to see what the status of my delivery was and was told the shipment had been cancelled that morning at 8:39am by the manager of Lowe's. It is now 9 hours later and we were never notified from anyone at Lowe's to tell us our doors would not be delivered and what happened. I immediately called Lowe's and spoke with Kora the manager on duty. I waited on hold over 30 minutes to find out that the order was never placed. Kora said I would have to wait until 10:00am the next day to find out when the doors could be delivered and would have Henry the person in the door department call me. Henry immediately called me and was very apologetic and sympathetic to our situation and promised fax our order over that night and to call the manufacture the next morning and try to expedite our order.

We feel the employees of Lowe's dropped the ball on this order and caused our family a lot of inconvenience. My husband had to take off work on short notice. We have to pay the Contractor for supplying a crew to only remove and dispose of doors when his crew was there to also paint and install them. We now have no interior doors. Which makes the living situation extremely difficult. We have 3 teenagers and my elderly grandfather and there are no bedroom or bathroom doors.

UPDATE: It is now 3:00pm and I still have not received a phone call or been contacted by anyone from Lowe's. I called customer service and they were also unable to contact a store manager at the Yonkers store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Worst Fence Installation--Twilight Zone Stuff: Man, I wish I had the time and energy to go into details, but I am tired of telling the story and relatively speechless at my experience with Lowe's...long story short: Preface: I have a good standing, Business Account with Lowe's. 1. A two day project took 4 months. 2. I logged over 25 phone calls trying to get this project done. 3. I was lied to. 4. I was promised full compensation for my troubles, but received only a 13% discount. 5. I will never buy another thing from Lowe's again, not even a bottle of water. 6. I have closed my business account. Buyer, be very aware!!! Pay that extra 10% for your installation projects before you consider hiring Lowe's.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Had an am appt today for service on a covered product. Called Lowe's warranty dept to find out why no one showed. I was told that because someone had tried to call me to verify my address the day before and got no answer, the service call was canceled. I was told when I made the appt. that the tech would call when he was on the way. I was not told that from the day I made the appt. until the actual appt. I needed to be on standby for Lowe's. Why all the extra steps when you owe the customer but it's all smiles when we owe you? I need Home Depot in my life.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

When our water heater had multiple leaks we decided to go to Lowe's to purchase one and have it installed. We went in Friday morning and had what we thought was a great experience with a sales guy who helped us pick one out and set us up for installation. When we asked when it would be installed he replied with "Tomorrow. They will give you a call in the morning to let you know about what time." We said great, went to The Mills House to shower and dealt with no hot water thinking it would be fixed tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and we never receive a phone call. At about 1 pm I decide to call Lowe's and see what's going on. After being put on hold by them 3 times by 3 different people one person tells me that she will try to help me as the install desk isn't answering. I tell her what's going on, and she lets me know that installation doesn't just happen the next day.

That it takes a few days for them to get the permit for install, etc. I told her we were told it would be installed today. She got her manager for me, and I told her my story as well. She said she would have the install desk call me in 15 minutes. 20 minutes later I call again because I haven't heard anything. The manager gets on the phone and tells me the install desk girl went to lunch and will be back in 30 minutes. An hour later I call again. The manager informs me install is still at lunch but she will help me. She told me that the only way they could do next day install on a weekend is if we paid for emergency install which we declined. I told her we were never offered it and asked how much it is. She said its $150 more and we already paid $1200 for this whole thing. I told her that if I paid for that would they be able to come out today. By this point it was 4 pm. She said no, it's too late for that. Soonest they could come is Monday.

I told her that's fine and asked her to schedule it on Monday for me. Monday comes around and they call in the morning and say they will be here between 10-2. They get here at about 12:30 and immediately the technician informs us that they don't have the right water heater. Apparently our sales guy who not only put on our paperwork that we declined something he never offered us also didn't ask us which kind of venting we have on our water heater, which he also just put on the paperwork as the standard one. So the technicians tell us they are going to go take this heater back to Lowe's and they will get it all figured out. He said Lowe's would give us a call. We wait an hour and don't hear anything so we call Lowe's to cancel and get a full refund. This was twice now that by the fault of Lowe's, we did not have our water heater replaced. 4 days without a water heater.

So we had another company come out to give us an estimate. They want $3200. Apparently this particular water heater and the way it vents is not standard and costs a lot more. By this point it's 7 pm so we tell them we will think it over and call in the morning. We have another company come out the next morning and they estimate us at $4300 so we call the other company back. They come out within two hours and install it for us. So 5 days total with no water heater. We were never offered a discount or any type of compensation or apology for the crap job that Lowe's did and will no longer be shopping there. When we first bought our home we spent thousands of dollars at this particular store too so they are losing good customers. A simple apology and a discount on the correct water heater could've kept us, but the workers were all lazy and didn't care about their job. So sad.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We purchased a microwave, oven and stove top with a 5 year extended warranty from Lowe's in June 2017. In June of 2018, just slightly over the expiration of the manufacturer warranty, the microwave stopped working. A repairman was sent and he stated the microwave was irreparable and had to be replaced. Yesterday September 19 we finally closed the buy with the Lowe's warranty department. Between those dates were countless phone calls, emails and many many broken promises. I will never step foot in a Lowe's again. I'm making it my personal mission to spread the word of my experience and try to detour as many customers away from Lowe's as possible.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Paid in full $27,000 for siding for our rental home on lake in March. Was disappointed when they gave me a June 4 start date as I have renters, but was assured that it would be about a week and half from start to finish. Wow, can't even tell you what I went through for them to start on June 21st. Only two guys showed for the job and some days didn't show. Installers told me they would be done before my biggest rental of the season July 4 week. Of course they were not and materials and tools left all over lawn that was impossible to rent for my $2400 that I get. Called customer service rep Kiara ** that was assigned to my job and she told me that I would be compensated.

Job was complete on July 9. Sent Kiara my contract for my renter that I couldn't rent to and receipt of a different rental a friend had to help me put this family into to make them happy. Provided everything they asked for. It is now mid Sept and Kiara along with her supervisor George ** will not even call me. They are just avoiding me. I have never came across such awful business practices. I have always used local contractors and never used Lowe's for a job. Thought I would try it. Please don't make the same mistakes I made.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Lowe's has worst customer service in the world. Purchase a cooktop online. Waited for delivery twice. They no show twice. The day before I receive a phone call from the delivery company confirming the delivery. I also, call the delivery company at 1 pm the day of delivery to confirm. I was advised, the item should be delivery around 2:30pm. Received NO DELIVERY... List of reason provide by Lowe's Why they DID NOT delivery item. The first time, I was told, there was no room in the truck by Lowe's. Item was take off the truck. It's was on the Manifest but delivery company did not pick the item to delivery to customer. Why call the customer the day before to confirm delivery, when there was no cooktop.

I call the delivery company at 1 pm of day of delivery. I was told the item should arrive between there 12-2:30. At 3:30pm item did not arrive. I call the delivery company to track the delivery. I was told Lowe's took the item off the truck. Throughout the day, I receive no call from the delivery company or Lowe's advised me there will be no delivery. I make all the initial calls to all the company. Spoke with Ann (Lowe's Store) and Christian at (Lowe's customer service care center). I was advised there was mix up with the manifest. The Item will be delivery on Tuesday. We only delivery on Tuesday and Thursday. Today is Tuesday, NO DELIVERY AGAIN FROM Lowe's. I received a call on Monday and text advised me the item will be delivery on Tuesday between 12-2pm.

At 3 pm I received no delivery or call from the delivery company or Lowe's. I call the delivery company to track the delivery. I was advised by delivery company. The store manager took the item off the truck. I ask why? She don't know. They call the store no answer. I call Lowe's customer care center. Still trying to track the item. Here is list of reason Lowe's provided why there was no delivery. Item was take off the truck, sold to walk-in customer. It's was custom order, it will take a few week for delivery. And later I was told its was standard item. Because you order online, you must call the store (Lowe's) inform the inventory department regarding my online. Its make no sense. Because you order online, the item has not been charge or paid. I have purchase the item with credit card.

There was no problem with my card. Spoke with Asst Manager, don't know anything regarding your problem. All information provide by Lowe's store make no sense. Still waiting for my cooktop and confirmation when the item will be delivery. When there is delay in delivery. Lowe's should call their customer and advised them. The customer should not be tracking the item on day of delivery. People take time off to wait for delivery.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I started this process back in May. Not only did I have to drive down to Pembroke Pines from Boca Raton to sign papers (what happened to eSignatures?) because the Boca Store couldn't handle the request for my property in Hollywood. The paperwork had to be redone a few times due to errors so I spend 3.5 hrs in the store on a Sunday. It is now mid September and the Permit is still sitting, un-approved, with the City of Hollywood. It has been four (4) month, still no impact doors, Hurricane Season is almost over and I have been paying for the doors since May. The update phone calls have stopped! I will never use Lowe's again for any of my projects. What was I thinking in the first place?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We hired Lowe's February 28th to do the a professional finish for our Kitchen, Living and half bath. The project included drywall, flooring, heated floors, cabinets, paint and mill work. We had licensed professional overhaul the plumbing, electrical, and HVAC which was completed in April and work fine. Our project was schedule to be complete on Mid May but Lowe's lost our cabinet and could not find them until May. Our project then got extended to end of June 23. The contractor provided by Lowe's did not have the experience to complete our job. He often did not show up to our job and when he did the finishes were not what we paid for or had discuss. Many months (9 month from start, 3 month after our schedule completion) later we still have no kitchen. Our project is incomplete. We now have sewer smells, faulty electrical, HVAC filled with construction debris.

Several professionals that have said the work that Lowe's did do needs to be rip out and redone to fix the issues created by the Lowe's contractor. This includes the drywall, flooring, cabinets. So really nothing has been done or completed. We complained to the project Coordinator multiple times about the contractor. Our latest complaint about the floor, smell, electrical and HVac was logged on July 28th. Lowe's has not made any decision, they initially wanted us to keep using the same contractor and we had to fight to get him fired off our job. We have complained to Lowe's customer care and all the complaints get rerouted back the project coordinator and not addressed.

We tried hiring another contractor outside of Lowe's but no one wants to fix the issues created by the Lowe's contractor. We are stuck having paid $98k to Lowe's for a professionally completed home improvement and received a unimprovement damages to our property and left with paying the cost for nothing but heartache stress. We have no plan forward from Lowe's, incomplete cabinets, walls that have to come down, flooring that was improperly install (it has tripping hazards, and the heated floor does not work).

In addition the sewer smell and high pitch ringing from our HVAC due to the debris is making our house more inhabitable everyday. Some days when the smell is really bad, we have slept over at a neighbor house or in our cars. We have no recourse and need help. Never use Lowe's for any improvement, quality, problem assistance, lack of concern and care is not there. Your recourse is to talk with your project coordinator and if they take their time or need to escalate the issues for approval months will go by without any decision or action. Complaining to customer care just results in the project coordinator being notified. We need action from Lowe's or a full refund plus damages.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We are in the middle of two major installations through Lowe's (new windows for our entire house, completely remodeling two bathrooms). Customer service has been awful from the moment they took our money. We paid for our windows the first week of June, told they'd be installed by mid-July. That changed, then changed, then changed. Now they say mid-October. Twice we've been told they were delivered to the store only to be told the next day they don't know where they are and will be reordered. With the bathrooms, the salesperson was absolutely clueless. Mistake after mistake that we had to correct. That project is at least looking like it will be on time though (the materials are in our garage, so we know they're in). I can't speak to the contractors themselves because we can't seem to make it that far without problems.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My husband and I needed a new range. The salesperson at location was very helpful. He went out of his way to help with our purchase. This was on a Saturday night and range was to be delivered the following Saturday. Lowe’s thirdparty delivery service is awful. We had requested delivery in the afternoon but had not heard anything before 7:00 pm about what time range would be delivered. Called store the last time at 8:30 pm asking about time frame. Finally received call from delivery service just before 9:00 pm with early morning delivery time. Lowe’s needs to change delivery service. Will never deal with Lowe’s for items that need to be delivered again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I've ordered everything online and this is the first time I've ever order anything online from Lowe's and it will be my last. I've ordered the Frigidaire Range Hood Item #: 346106 | Model #: FHWC3660LS and it was scheduled to deliver in a little over 3 weeks. Home Depot had the same item and it would have delivered in a week, but I decided to go with Lowe's since it cost a little less. Big Mistake!! A few days before the schedule date, I got an email confirmation that my shipment was scheduled. I was supposed to get a call the day before or day off on the window of the delivery time.

Come delivery day I didn't get a phone call or email so I called them up and check on the status. The guy told me that they didn't even receive the item at the fulfillment store. Then he said he was going to check with the delivery manager. Dude didn't even bother to call me back. Then not long after that I got an email indicating that my order has been changed with no reasoning as to what happened. So if I never called them they wouldn't even notify me or even check on my order? Now I have to wait over 4 more weeks before my new delivery date!! I called them and all they could say is that since it's an online order and not in stock that it's coming from the vendor and they have no control over it. What kind of bull crap is that?

It's your name on the website, it's your reputation, if you can't work with a vendor that you can rely on then it's you who dropped the ball on this. This is BAD business, who would ever want to order anything if it's not going to arrive as expected. Even at this point they still could not tell me where my item is and when exactly it was going to arrive. So I cancel that crap then went onto Home Depot and order it there. I should have done that 4 weeks ago!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Ordered 1-Piece Natural/Wheat Deep Seat Patio Chair Cushion. Item #: 18889| Model #: WDS-001. Item is 2 pieces. I called to complain and the representative was extremely rude! It was my first and last experience with Lowes.com.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I run a good sized property management company and we have been purchasing all our kitchen appliances from Lowe's for the last few years. Everything was great in the past and we used them exclusively and chose them over Home Depot consistently, but these last 6-12 months have been unbelievably bad with every single appliance order we have placed having issues with deliveries and billing from so many angles.

The day before or of delivery we would end up not receiving all the promised appliances. New tenants moving in did not have the promised appliances due to Lowe's errors and then would take multiple weeks to finally receive them in. The time spent trying to rectify and solve the issue mounted to countless hours of wasted time that has greatly affected our productivity. We will not be dealing with Lowe's anymore and are transiting to Home Depot going forward. We spend close to a $100,000 on appliances every year and we will not be spending that money with Lowe's anymore.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Warning. Never use Lowe’s for fence installation, installer John. Lowe’s this is how I feel, so my first online rant Worst experience ever with having a fence installed, first I’d like to say yes the 300’ white fence looks beautiful in front of our home when passing by, but for $6,000. It should. It was installed the beginning of June before our daughter's wedding, assured by Lowe’s Greg ** sales person that their professional architect will make sure it’s installed correctly. Greg measured himself. Delivered short on supplies, then we come home to this 1/2 of scalloped fence smack in the middle. Countless calls to the Salesman that says it no long in his hands, calling corporate, countless days, looking for this to be corrected, and here we are In September. They are the worst telling us the replacement fence is on order, I go to the store and the fence has was received in the back on 7/12/18.

Looks like because they already have our money they don’t care if we are happy or not. We had to go and pick up the replacement fencing ourselves. Lowe’s should call their customer Judy **. Update, the installation person should have been at our house today 9/12 to start the repair, with the 6 missing post, no show again. Called the store. No one will take the call or call us back. The worst.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The installation of this fence was incorrect. They hired an inexperienced company. They didn’t haul off debris and left the yard a mess. The gates were incorrect and they have now ordered the same gates 6 times. This has been going on for 4 months. I now have to hire a different company to fix the problems. Do not trust your fence install with Lowe’s. Communication is horrible and they are not helpful. The fence was installed crooked and the gates broke within a week.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator on 8/20/2018 with a delivery date of 9/14/18. I opened a Lowe's charge account to purchase the fridge. 1 week later I received a bill for the fridge with a payment due date of 9/18/18... then I am told the fridge will not be delivered until MAYBE 9/17/18. I called Lowe's credit card service to defer the billing until I actually receive or at least they ship the fridge... Lowe's will not work with me and said that is their policy and I could pay late and they would waive the late fee charge... how ridiculous is it that they suggest I pay my credit card late and not work with me. Not only am I paying for something I did not receive I now am being given different delivery dates. This is not a fair policy and you should not be billed for something until it ships!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Just spent 45 mins looking at refrigerators at the 25th street, St Pete store. No other customers were around. There 2 sales associates. One checking on inventory the other on the phone with an unhappy customer. Neither said, "Hello, I'll be right with you" or "BOO!" We'd come to buy, left when realized they weren't interested in helping us...

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Store 1787 has the worst customer service department of any Lowe's store throughout Georgia & Florida. (9/4/18) I called into the store to express my concern regarding an "interest" issue with a recent purchase, that should have been "6 months interest-free on purchases of $299.00 or more." My purchase was $1000.000. The person that answered said that the managers were in a meeting, but, she would talk with them about this after their meeting. I expected a call that day. ZERO FOLLOW-UP!

(9/5/18) I called the store and spoke to a different customer service rep that assured me she was the only one who could help me with this problem & that it was a fairly easy fix. She asked if I could bring all my paperwork concerning this transaction into the store, that afternoon. I did. When I arrived she said that two other people were helping her with my concern. She made a copy of my original purchase receipt. She wrote her name & one of the managers' names on the back of the receipt. I asked her how long it would take to resolve this issue. She said, one to two days.

(9/6/18) ZERO FOLLOW-UP! ( 9/7/18) I called the store to speak to the customer service rep that helped me on (9/5/18). I was told she was at lunch. I then asked for the manager, whose name she had written on the back of my receipt, on (9/5/18). I was told by the person that answered the phone that he would be in in 15-minutes. I called back within 25-minutes & asked for her again, thinking that she would be back from lunch, by now. Now I'm being told that she wasn't in. I then asked for the manager, believing that he would have arrived at work by now but now I'm also being told that he wasn't coming in that day. I questioned that as I was told earlier that the manager would be in in 15-minutes. Several hours passed & I expected a call but ZERO FOLLOW-UP!

(9/7/18) Later that afternoon I listened to a voice message from a different Lowe's associate, who I had never spoken to before. I called her. She immediately claimed that she had been trying to arrange an install (which was the least of my worries & not my original concern regarding interest). She continued to "talk over" me, while I was trying to explain my situation. I had to raise my voice to get my point across. When I explained my frustration of being charged interest, specifically when I requested the six months no interest on my card, she said: "Well you didn't check the box!" I said "What box?" She said the box for no interest to be applied. I said that a girl behind the customer service desk completed this temporary credit card for me, & at that time, I had requested the six months no interest. All I did was to sign the keypad on the other side of the desk.

Then I said that if given the opportunity to pay interest or not, it's a no-brainer that most people would choose no interest. She said; "Well, everyone's different!" At this point I was furious: I said "Don't play this game with me." She hung up on me! I called back within five minutes & asked for the same woman who hung up on me. I was told that she wasn't in. I then asked for the person who helped me originally on (9/5/18) & I was told she wasn't in. I then asked for the name of the person that I was speaking with & all she said was: "I can help you."

When I asked for her name a second time again she said: "I can help you." I asked a third time & she said the same. She refused to give me her name! I continued to explain my situation. She asked for my cc number, which I gave her. She said that she would handle it. She also asked for my email, which I gave her. I assumed that she would email me later that day, with some news. ZERO FOLLOW-UP!

(9/8/18) ZERO FOLLOW-UP. (9/9/18) ZERO FOLLOW-UP. Later that afternoon on (9/9/18) I called Lowe's Corporate to complain. 1-800-445-6937. The rep listened to my concerns & said that Corporate would follow up with 24 hours. (9/10/18) ZERO FOLLOW-UP from Corporate! (9/11/18) as of 11:00 am ZERO FOLLOW-UP from store 1787 or Lowe's Corporate! Obviously, I'm getting the run-around! It appears that Customer Service at store 1787 plays games with customers; they cover & lie for each other when they do not want to handle a difficult situation. Is the store manager at store 1787 aware of this?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

This is the third time I have ordered online from Lowe's. All they did was waste my time and I had to go to Home Depot and order the items. All three of the times I was left in limbo with no updates to the orders. All it said is that they were in process. I finally called customer care and was told the orders were cancelled. I guess no one bother to let me know or why. They really really suck!!! I have 3 Home Depots within blocks of my house and have never had a single problem with any of the stores or online orders I have made from them. As far as I am concerned they might as well close the doors since they will never get another penny from me.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

July 11th-paid for measurement of windows... $53.00. Contacted department at Lowe's store. Besides being told they were short staffed was also told they currently had no supplier. Really. You had a sales on them with sign posted on store display. A number of telephone calls later... Lowe's employee contacted me informing me all my information had been forwarded to Florida. Wow, my home is in Minnesota. ONE MONTH later the measurements were taken. September 10th contacted store to get an estimated time for installation. Guess what? ORDER received, (supposedly) had not been processed. Approximately 3 months dealing with a non-existent vendor... Cancelled ordered. Placed order with Home Depot. Supplier does exist.

The new CEO is going to have their hands full. I think I would have the Manager of each Store be accountable for cancelled orders. I could give them the name of few employees that should also have to explain their lack of customer service. I am out $53.00 measurement charges for a product you can not even supply. Shame on you.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Please do not ever use Lowe's for a home improvement project. First they make you pay upfront. I will never do that again...then they contract the job out to lousy inept contractors. Our fence job was terrible. Very poor construction and was put in the wrong spot. A job that should have taken 1 or 2 days took over a month of return visits and repairs. It still isn't right. Lowe's doesn't answer or return calls and just gives you the runaround... It is frustrating and stressful. Shop around and hire a legitimate contractor.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I bought a dishwasher and installation service from Lowe's on August 31st. They charged my AMEX for the agreed amount and they scheduled the installation technician to come to my home today Monday Sep. 10th. Around 11:30, since I had no news from the installer, I called Lowe's. Short version is. More than 45 minutes on the phone. Most of the time on hold. They couldn't find records of the transaction. After being transferred to different extensions, I was told it was my fault because I never paid the purchase or the installation. I told the rep. I had my credit card statement in front of me and there was a charge from Lowe's, on 10/31/18 for the agreed amount.

Apparently the sales person I had the misfortune to spoke to on 10/31 never set up the appointment with the technician. They offered me to reschedule the appointment but at this point, considering 2 hours of my time wasted with the purchase and today's conversation, I do not want to deal with Lowe's and probably I will go with the competition. I got a phone call from Lowe's later on to let me know they credited my AMEX with the due refund.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I purchased $9800 of Pella windows at Lowe's and to be installed by Lowe's. The windows were not installed properly and the job was never complete. The windows are not properly flashed, fastened, not plum and leaking. Customer service is terrible, I have been lied to and they have no follow through. This was started in January, they came again in March, both times they did not have the materials necessary to complete the job. There is a problem with every window. I have tried to resolve this with Lowe's to no avail. Their customer is the worst I have ever experienced. The workmanship is absolutely horrible! Water is leaking into my home! What a rip off. I never expected this from Lowe's.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Bought a whole house generator in May 2018 and it hasn't worked from the 1st day it was Installed. 1st Installer claims that a wire was missing and drained the battery. Then we are told a sensor is bad. Call Generac to find out that the wire is not sent with the unit, Installer to purchase it and that the Installer is not Generac certified. Great right, Generac suggests we get a certified person out to look over the Install and generator, so we do. Well the list of things that are wrong with the Install, is a mile long. This Installer had no clue what he was doing and Corporate keeps pushing me off for weeks now. They keep saying this Installer is certified, um no Generac would have him in the system. We called 3 different times to Generac to see if we got the same answers.

To top it off the generator is too small for the house and will not run the whole house, like we wanted. Again Noah at corporate keeps pushing us off for weeks, even after sending him all the pictures and paperwork of all the things wrong and the print out that it's the wrong size generator. Noah keeps saying he has to talk to CPO and area Install Management. Really? So now we are without a working generator for 3 months now. Complete joke this company is. We found out that Lowe's does not have to hire certified Installers, they just have to pass a drug and background check to be a contractor, even though they advertise the Installers are. Run. Don't use Lowe's for any Installation projects.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I purchased 5 fans online and received confirmation/order details. I went to Lowe's of Alexandria Customer Service Desk to pick up fans per online notice that they were ready. I gave Tracey my confirmation numbers. T told me the fans were not at the CSD and I had not purchased the fans and that’s why they were not at the CSD. I asked how I could have confirmation numbers if I had not made the purchases. T turned around, walked away, took a seat, and started doing something. Not facing me she said, "I can still hear you." I refused to talk. T turned around and said, "I had to go get the fans, bring them to the CSD and buy them."

I asked what I was supposed to put them in or on. T told me to walk back to the fan department and someone would figure it out. I returned with the fans and attempted (multiple times) to tell my truth of the online purchase but Tracey kept cutting me off even when I asked her to stop. Finally, I spoke with the manager and he confirmed that Tracey was rude and wrong about me not paying.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information