1.20/5
Based on 488 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 26, 2018

2277 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 26, 2018

Lowe's has a horrible way of doing business. I have been trying for 10 days to get a refund of over $900 issued to my credit card. If I buy something, it hits my card in an hour. Refunds I know can take a day or two, but it's been 10 days. No one will provide me with a credit transaction number and the financial institution who would have issues it, so I can call. I just get the run-around. First I was told 3-5 days for the credit, then told 7-10 days for the credit, then 3-10 days for the credit. Store managers are no help. All give the "Canned Response". Customer service is no help and give the "Canned Response". The customer supervisor said he is, and I quote, "the highest person at the corporate office".

I asked if he was the President of Lowe's and he responded again, and I quote, "the highest person at the corporate office". Seriously? He refused to transfer me to the accounting office to inquire about a transaction credit from the batch transmittal the store would have made. Yes, they send me "Lowe's" order forms with the credit, but absolutely NO proof it was transmitted to their credit card clearing house or to my credit card company. (FYI, this is not a debit card, it's a credit card). This is absolutely ridiculous and they're playing with my money.

I have lost all faith in this company and all I want is a transaction number proving the credit. I don't think I'm asking for much. I've spoke with customer service, Asst Managers at the store, General Manager Larry at the store, who appears to RARELY be in that day, who personally told me he would call their credit company, but has never called me back. I don't want another "canned" response, I'm requiring someone to actually work and get me a specific answer, as we're not talking about $25, this is over $900. What will it take?

Original review: April 24, 2018

I would like to take this opportunity to express my complete satisfaction with the shopping experience I recently experienced at the Kingsland, GA Lowe's. I have constantly visited the store since its opening. Recently I purchased two new LG refrigerators to replace two old ones. I positioned both units next to each other, that required changing the door one unit to a left-hand swing. I discovered that one of the required parts was defective. They provided me with the correct part the same day. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Range delivery time 2-4. At 1:45 they called me, stating they got lost. They were making one stop in area where they were and would be at my location within hour. I was waiting at a vacant apartment! At 3: 15, they still were not there. Wouldn't answer their phone, never called and updated me. At 3:55 p.m., they showed up. By 4:15 had range delivered with dent in side. Never buying from Lowe's if I need to use their pathetic delivery service.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My original score was one star. Lowe's installed my shower and it wasn’t right. I had to stay on them every week. It took 5 Mo this but Lace was so helpful. Now the new shower is in, was to be a three-day job, it has been 2 weeks already. Lace came by today and took pictures, she wasn’t happy with the installer's work. His head wasn’t in the job. For now I will keep it 3 stars. If they make it right I will go up. Lace has been very helpful, it does appear Lowe's isn’t helpful when she needs them or it would have been done over in November 2017. I have high hopes.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I returned so merchandise. Sunday April 22, 2018. My refund was not returned to my debit card visa. Right away I called the Allen Park Michigan store to see why my refund was not returned to my card right away. I was told it may take 3 to 5 business days. I also spoke with a corporate customer service representative on Monday April 23, 2018 and was told the same thing if it was a credit card but my card was a debit visa. It's nothing Lowe's can do about the process since the refund was already put in the system. I'm scared to purchase anything else from Lowe's because if I have to return anything I won't get refunded right away because I use a debit visa card. I have to wait a week. I won't shop or recommend this store. Home Depot gives you a choice a cash refund or debit card refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: April 23, 2018

I went to Lowe's since they had Pergo laminate flooring on sale and the basic install was way cheaper... But I had to prep the 400 sq feet of bedroom and closet by removing the carpet, etc... When the installers arrived they found a low spot... Lowe's then called and said it would cost an extra $572 to level and grind out a small area... What a rip!!! It now has cost me over $2200, **! I should have done it myself. Done with Lowe's!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I found a ceiling fan I wanted at Lowe's but then found out the color I wanted wasn't available. I call the maker and found out they had 200 in stock. I called Lowe's Corporation to ask what the problem was on offering this color on their website or in the stores. I received ZERO help. They could not tell me ANYTHING. Clearly someone somewhere knows the answer to my question but Lowe's was unwilling to help solve my problem IN ANY WAY. Incredibly frustrating since it should be an easy matter of Lowe's ordering the fan from the manufacturer in the color I want. The customer service department at Lowe's Corporation IS NO HELP AT ALL.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I purchased a air compressor online and paid extra money for next day shipping. I would have went in person but I wasn’t feeling well. I ordered on April 19, 2018 and it was suppose to be delivered on the 20th. Here it is the 23rd and they haven’t even shipped it yet. This was not the first time, however I’m done with Lowe's online shopping, they don’t have their act together. The reason I purchased an air compressor is because last week I purchased a John Deere ride on lawn mower and next day got 2 flats. I’ve been a damn good Lowe's customer and was treated not so good when I called customer support, thank you Lowe's. Suggest if you want something, go to store in person, better yet use Amazon they have everything Lowe's has and more, great for shipping.

Original review: April 21, 2018

My wife and I are going through an entire kitchen remodel. As you can imagine everything scheduled with multiple contractors. We purchased over $20,000 in appliances from Lowe’s with the assumption that things would arrive in a timely manner. At this Lowe’s has not met a single delivery date and we’ve had to purchase items from other vendors to meet our deadline. To make things worse, I have had to follow up with them as they never get back to me. I have asked them multiple times to at least check in and give me any sort of status but that has not happened. I just called again today and was informed that the refrigerator, range and microwave are about 20 days out. We are already past our delivery date and we still have another 20 days. The contractors are beside themselves, and we're living on the microwave oven in the garage. Thanks Lowe’s. I will not do business with you again.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have been working on renovating my house in sections for about 2 years now. I am an old Rona employee and so I have an understanding of the hardware store service requirements. I have also been working in retail sales for 7 years and customer service my entire working life. I have never received as disgusting service as that which I have received on multiple occasions at Lowe's. While the typical level of service is non-existent, I can handle that. I like the fact their prices are low so I shop there despite the lack of help. Although, I have never actually purchased anything there as I can never find the products that are advertised online.

However, on my most recent outing, I was prompted to write this review. My mom and I were going to several hardware stores in Ottawa to price out shingles for my roof which I plan to do this year. When we arrived at Lowes we circled the entire store and were not only not approached, but also could not find anything that resembled a roofing section. So we were forced to seek out help. We approached a middle aged man in the windows and doors section who looked like he might know a bit more about the product knowledge. He responded with, "You'll have to give me a minute" accompanied by a stern look and an out-stretched finger indicating we would have to wait. We took a few steps back and allowed him to finish his quote despite the fact that our question would have taken half a second to respond. He was clearly busy with another customer and could not multi-task.

We gave him his space and about 15 minutes later he finished his quote, gave it to his customer and turned back to us, "What did you need?" we were asked bluntly. We attempted to explain that we were looking for a quote for shingles and were met with a look of utter disgust mixed with a stifled laugh and "This is windows and doors, what made you think I would be able to help you with that?" before the words were even out of our mouths. He then passively waved us to the front of the store. We said we would no longer need help and he yelled after us that we must go to the "pro desk" or wherever. By this point Lowe's had already lost the sale. We will continue to deal with Rona and Home Depot from here on out where we receive over-the-top service, we even had employees there load our vehicle and help us unprompted in such a professional and kind way.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I should have never let Lowe's install my microwave. It was just easier to buy and have them install it. Installer foolishly drilled up into custom cabinet and hogged the drill so much, cabinets splintered and look awful! Please think twice before you have the install anything. Craftsmanship is nowhere near what it used to be!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I opened a Lowe's account on March 9th, 2010 and never missed a payment ever. Had a limit of $10,000 and paid off the entire balance 5 years ago. Unbeknownst to me, Synchrony Bank just closed my account 4 days ago. All along for years, they kept lowering my limit, again without giving me notice of this, and eventually just forcefully closed my account. My FICO dropped 50 pts. as a result!!! Never get a Lowe's card or work with this bank!! Now I can't buy my dream house because my FICO is below 740 - used to be in the high 700's. AWFUL, AWFUL bank and I hope they go out of business soon!! I will stick with my Discover, VISA and Barclaycard as they would never do this to me. This Synchrony bank should be notifying people whenever it lowers the limits and definitely when it is about to close the account. I would have gone to Lowe's and bought a dang hammer just to keep the account open if I knew this would have happened.

Original review: April 18, 2018

** and ** delivered our refrigerator and I was a total wreck but they made such a smooth transition of removing one and bringing the new in!! I am totally pleased with the professionalism and courtesy they showed. I would like them to know what an amazing job they did!! The store # is 0126, 1929 N. Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN. Thank you for the great work!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

Poor customer Service in Reno, NV - No one offers to help or ask if you need anything...made a large purchase of kitchen cabinets and many other things remodeling our home and most of our orders were wrong, not what we asked for but what the worker input. We just wasted $500.00 on a bathroom vanity that was ordered incorrectly and didn't fit in the room but we didn't catch it till we had already cut the back out so we're stuck with that sitting in the garage. Apparently there's no help, no proper training, and everyone seems to be at lunch if you go to the counter person to ask for help. Today we wanted a kitchen sink...we were told there's only ONE person that can sell that to us so we don't have one since that person was OUT TO LUNCH! We've lost all faith and respect for this company.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased my french door back in September In Gurnee, IL. They were so helpful and nice, walked me to the register charged me $$$$ with a big smile on their face (Awesome customer service when they are taking your money). The door comes in, they installed the door, The door is short (almost 3 inches-of course when Lowe's send you a window installer to measure the door), hardware is missing, door is wobbly, hanging in the air, big gap between the doors, looks terrible. Reached out to my local store telling them I am not happy with the door, of course they want nothing to do with you and they said the door is fine, kept complaining until they sent the people from JELD to measure the doors and said that was the installer's fault.

Long story short (I know it's too late now lol) Lowe's ordered a new door and they got in store in December, set up a time to install it, took time off from work and the installer cancels and never returned any text/call to reschedule. After 6 months of complaining and calling Lowe's every week (Store and Headquarter, they promised compensation) they finally hired a professional door installers from Chicago to install my door (in March). The door looked good, when they called me and asked for compensation, they said: "No compensation because your door was installed and you don't get anything." They don't even deserve a 1 star.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I want to share my experience with Lowe's. I got the contract with Lowe's on March, 23th, 2018. I made many calls and Lowe's just play kickball games on me. Each group of Lowe's just find excuses to defend themselves and never resolve the problems for customs. During those 4 weeks, my ceiling of three bedroom already damaged and nobody response. I would like them to fix the house rather than damage the house. Share my bad experience with all and let you know. Check the company background and processing systems is very important. Like Lowe's, they got the contract with you, but they only sell the material to you, and asked the other installers to fix, if installer is not available, your project cannot move on. More damage will come to you.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The workmanship is far less than desirable. I have made a number of repairs thus far, but the gate alignment is more time than I wish to invest. My observations of the service provided. Far too slow and consumed my time. They leaked oil on my new driveway. They broke the sprinkler system which caused the death of new sod. Workmanship was poor.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Lowe's delivered and installed damaged Pella Series 350 replacement windows. Lowe's never check quality on receipt and stored in warehouse for 1 month and had unqualified installer who didn't follow Pella installation procedures. Bottom sashes are damaged with scratches and gouges on many of the 30 windows delivered. Lowe's has yet to address this issue and has never responded in writing as to the replacement of damaged window sashes. See typical photo of damaged sashes attached. Recommend not contracting with Lowe's. Maybe Pella has 2 levels of quality - high level for direct sales and low quality for non-direct sales.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I purchased a Bosch dishwasher in February 2018 from the internet. It stated there was a 10% rebate. The dishwasher was delivered and I had paid for the old dishwasher to be hauled off. They left the old dishwasher in my driveway for approximately fives days before picking it up. I am sure my neighbors appreciated this. I called Lowe's regarding the rebate and was informed to print it from the Bosch website. After submitting the rebate form, I was informed that Bosch does not acknowledge purchases from Lowe's. The rebate should have been sent to Lowe's directly. I called Lowe's and was informed their rebate was only good if you have Lowe's install the dishwasher. I was not never informed of this. I will never purchase anything from Lowe's again.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We bought a home in June 2017 and decided to open a Lowe’s credit card for home supplies appliances, and tools, etc. We needed a lot for our new home and quickly maxed out our card. We been making payments on time for 6 months. Lowe’s sent us a letter stating our account has been closed. The letter also states based on their prediction our credit has fell below creditworthiness. Really! Prediction! We don’t believe that for a second.

We called customer service to complain and said to them “You can’t pull our credit without our consent. That’s against the law.” Of course they denied and said it was a prediction. Now Feb 2018, the account is closed and is DEROGATORY on our credit. That’s not right! It’s April now, and by June it will be paid off. We sworn by Lowe’s over Home Depot and now, we will never buy from Lowe’s again in our lifetime. We have told all our families and friends what happened, and we will continue to spread the word to anyone who ever mention Lowe’s. Definitely not worth saving 5% on your purchase as they advertise. This really hurts and the wound is deep. We never heard this being done before! We are deeply hurt!

Original review: April 12, 2018

Last April we purchased a new home and had to replace the carpet in the bedrooms. Albeit fairly new, the previous owners had 4 dogs, they hid very well, or buying this house was not going to happen. Asthma and allergies. So we had no choice, with changing the flooring! We went to HD, they did not have what we wanted, and delivery would be at least three weeks. We didn't have that time to wait. So against better judgement we went to Lowe's. After some great debate and advice from an employee, we went with the Acacia Blackwood. He assured us it had a great Janka rating. I pride myself on doing my research but this was in the store at that moment, we had the contractor coming in a few days. We had many issues with the order from day one. Within weeks of the install we started noticing light scratches, in areas with little use.

We had pads down while our stuff was being moved in. And everything was stored in the garage, moved into the house a little at a time. Furniture pads under everything! Area rugs in other areas to protect the floors that we spent over $5000.00 on between material and installation! I contacted Lowe's last year to get info on the warranty. Got the runaround! Had serious health issues, so everything was put on hold. I contacted them again recently and was given the name and the number of the manufacturer again. When I reached the manufacturer, I was told that Lowe's knows the process, which is they are supposed to file the warranty claim, having all required information. Oh no, that was too much for them to do! I spoke to an employee at Lowe's on Rosedale Highway, Bakersfield, CA.

I explained that my receipt had begun to fade, it has the cost there, the PO and invoice numbers but the description is not visible. He said, "Come on, I and we will print a copy." I drive across town to hear it is only 6 months they keep the receipts in their system! He had me call the Go Lowe's customer service number. I eventually got through to a young woman who said, "nope only 90 days, they keep records, but let me speak with my supervisor!" She gets back to me saying that there is nothing they can do. I asked, "So we are supposed to take a $5000.00 plus loss?" I don't think so! On hold again for a long while. She comes back and says, "Ok we can try to do a receipt request!" Meanwhile the employee at the store tried getting a manager to come speak with me to see what they can do. He never showed up. He was too busy to care!

I was told they would handle the receipt request at store level and get back to me today. I waited until late this evening to call to see what if anything can be done or what is the news they have for me. The salesman who was supposed to call me back did not! He is gone for the day! So here I am flapping in the wind. On the phone with Lowe's customer service. Which I should have done myself instead of waiting for Lowe's at store level to handle anything! What a waste of time. I will never buy spit from them again. I just got off the phone with Lowe's Customer service, speaking to a rep and a supervisor. Who informed me that after 365 days they no longer have the receipt in their system, "sorry but call us back if there is anything we can do for you!" Then has the audacity to ask me to do an end of call survey. I said no! What a waste of time and money!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased a Frigidaire Refrigerator from Lowe's December 29, 2015 and began experiencing problems with the ice maker November 2017. It is April 2018 and the ice maker is still not working. Lowe's has sent their "repair service" to my home 6 times within the past 5 months and I still have no ice. Not only do I not have any ice, Lowe's cannot offer any solutions except to send the same repair services out to "try to repair it again". I have never been so disappointed in a purchase in my life. I really felt Lowe's would stand behind their products and do right by their customers, but obviously I was wrong. I will never buy another appliance from Lowe's and I will urge all my friends, co-workers and all my social media followers to follow suit. This is the worst customer service I believe I have ever encountered. I hope this review makes a difference for others.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Ugh! Hated calling Lowe's customer service. My online order held up due to date change, they were not going to proceed until I called to confirm date change and tried calling several times. Each time 20 min hold!!?? And the girl wasn't even apologetic after she knew I was so upset! THEN I needed just ONE part and they are making me buy 6!!! Ugh. If I didn't need the part I would have gone elsewhere!! But sadly, nobody else has it! Hate hate hate dealing with Lowe's!

Original review: April 10, 2018

If I could give them no stars I would. I ordered the Ocean Park set of 2 white Aluminum Patio Conversation chairs with BLUE CUSHIONS on March 20, 2018, hoping to have them by Easter of 2018. Guess what, I received the chairs on April 9, 2018 WITHOUT THE CUSHIONS. Call customer service at least 5 times to only have them tell me that this is a vendor item and they would have to contact the vendor, I should know something within 3-5 business days. Oh and BTW, if you want to return the items for a complete refund you need to TAKE the items to the STORE, which was an ONLINE ORDER. DO NOT USE LOWE'S!!!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I seriously wish I could give 0 stars. We bought an extended warranty on our washing machine and have been waiting over 4 months to get it fixed. Lowe’s has been giving us the run around about getting it fixed. It’s so sad. Such a big company spoiling their reputation over a washing machine. I will never ever in life buy anything from Lowe’s, not even a damn nail. Stay away from these people. Home Depot at least stands by their product and has good customer service. Lowe’s is completely trashy and ghetto. They do not care about their customers. All of this is my opinion of this company based strictly on my experience and it looks as if others have went through similar or the same situation.

Original review: April 9, 2018

The customer service staff was rude and disrespectful. I was at the customer service desk for almost an hour just standing there trying to sort out the return of an item they got wrong. My husband and I special ordered an item, when my husband picked the item up they gave him the wrong item. I had to return it to the store. I waited over 15 mins to get help getting the item out of the truck. I then waited because the cashier could not find the order. The cashier did not keep me informed as to what was happening, found the order and processed a refund which was not what I wanted. This lead to a discussion with the Service Manager (I waited another 10 mins for him) who at some point thought I received the wrong item to only leave me there waiting for another 20 minutes while he went to look to see if the correct item was the back.

In all I was there a little less than an hour, just standing at the service desk with no one speaking to me. And, at no time did any of the individuals involve apologize for any part of this disaster. The final breaking point was when the original service person came back from what I can only assume was a break and looked at me and said "Wow you're still waiting". At that time another customer service person turned to the first and said "Don't engage her" as if I was some unstable, dangerous customer. The staff at Lowe's customer service is Contemptable. I realize losing my husband and myself as customers is not a big deal to Lowe's but I will spread this story to anyone who will listen.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I purchased a new gas stove from Lowes. I asked both the salesperson and department manager about installation. I wanted a plumber. Both insisted that their installation people were certified, specially trained. They were also the subcontracted delivery people. The stove was a quick installation. I was told the stove would have a new stove chemical smell. They ran the oven for 30 minutes. I ran the oven for an hour for the next 4 days, kept a window etc. but the smell was still there. I called Lowes and asked for a more experienced person to come back. They did, and found a loose fitting.

Over the next few weeks I was still not sure that the smell was gone. It was faint but never smelled like rotten eggs! I called Nicor gas and they checked the installation. It was still leaking due to loose fitting and lack of that goopy stuff that is painted on. How many other stoves are out there with this problem? Lowes should not be installing stoves! How much did it cost me with this leak? How much was my health impacted?

Original review: April 8, 2018

Don't be fooled by what may appear to be really good prices on the Lowe's website. I'm so angry that I wasted my time comparing a dryer to other machines on the market at various stores. I checked delivery charges, etc… the whole thing. After coming to the conclusion that it was the best deal at Lowe's, I put it in my cart prepared to buy it. Just like a previous reviewer from a week before, it said that it's not available. They clearly keep it online just to bring people to their site, so on principle, I will go out of my way not to purchase from them, even though they have another model I could go for that is the same price as other stores. Unbelievable. I tried to post a review on their site, but they rejected it... What a surprise. There was no 'bad language', just a message warning about their practices. Leave them out of your price comparison shopping.

Original review: April 6, 2018

On March 26, 2018 I bought a stand-up freezer, was told it will get delivered April 1st, March 31st I get a call my freezer ain't in the warehouse so delivery will be April 6, today they delivered the freezer to me with several dents, I refuse to take it, if I wanted a dented freezer I would think a used one would be good. I didn't get a call the night before nor on the delivery day. Finally fed up I went to the store and demanded my money back since I paid cash customer service was more like children at play, I ask to talk to the manager, who finally showed up with not even so much as a clue, said they can't give me my money back right then because the freezer hasn't made it back to the warehouse yet, totally incompetent customer service. Now I have to make another trip tomorrow to get my money back, I will DEFINITELY switch over to the Home Depot across the street.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Lowe’s has the worst delivery service I have ever experienced. I get an automated phone call about my scheduled delivery for 4/2/2018 and they were a no call no show. I contact Lowe’s Corporate regarding my delivery and speak to several people before I ask for a supervisor, supervisor Avery was great. He offered a discount and apologized for the day I lost of work, he said my delivery would be out in 3 to 7 days. I don’t understand why if it was already scheduled for 4/2/2018.

Avery said my dryer was on backorder so instead of making 2 deliveries they would only make one. So I get a second call for delivery for 4/5/2018 with a 2 hour window and again no call no show. So I call Lowe’s Corporate regarding my delivery yet again and they called the driver and they had a washer delivered and NO DRYER YET AGAIN… The washer looks as if it was on display with scratches and full of dust… This is the worst shopping experience I have ever had and apparently this experience is not over yet… I am beyond frustrated with Lowe’s.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information