Lowe's Home Improvement
1.17/5
Based on 475 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Lowe's Home Improvement

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 22, 2018

2191 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I recently purchased a Whirlpool washing machine from Lowe’s. It has started to shake really bad on spin cycles, and it also goes haywire with continuing to do extra rinse cycles, to the point that I have to unplug it and plug it back up to reset. I have a 5 year warranty on it. So they send out a repair technician to fix the washer. He comes out and makes the assessment. He says that he has to replace the tension rods and the tub because the tub was cracked.

Fast forward a week later and the technician comes back out but said now there is another part that he needs to order before he can fix it, so he comes back out a week later and takes up 3 hrs of my time replacing the parts. Later that evening I run the washer and it’s doing the same thing so I call Lowe’s and tell them that I want another washing machine because I have a warranty and obviously this one can’t be fixed so then the lady tells me that I will have to allow him to come out one more time and attempt to fix it. Why won’t they just honor the warranty and give me a new washing machine. This is some of the worst customer service I have ever dealt with for any company. I guess I’ll be switching over to Home Depot and see if they are anymore customer friendly.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Purchased a microwave at Spring Hill TN Lowe's and received great service from the sales people. Was told it would ship from their distribution center and would arrive and be installed within 5 to 7 days. On day 7 I called to find out why I hadn't heard anything. Was first told the purchase was a special order. When I disputed that they retracted that argument. Then put me on hold for 25 minutes then said they were checking to see if the item had arrived at the local store. Then they disconnected. Worst customer service ever. Will cancel the order and purchase elsewhere.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I went to Lowe's to have them Carpet two rooms in my house. They said they would sent an installer over to measure my house. He came and said that he would sent a report to Lowe's who would contact me in 72 hours. They did not and when I tried to call their store no one answer. I contacted their Chat service who report back that someone would contact me in 72 additional hours. I asked what happened to the promised 72 hours and she couldn't answer me. This experience is beginning to become a nightmare just to get two rooms carpeted. Still waiting to see if they call tomorrow. Am looking for a carpet company also. Next step is Home Depot.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I purchased an upright freezer from Lowe's & when they delivered it, the guys bringing it in wanted to take my living room and kitchen door off & wanted to remove my cabinet doors in the kitchen. My husband asked them if they could just take the freezer door off and bring it in. They took it off and it came right in. People always wanting to do everything the hard way! I guess they were being paid by the hour. SMH.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

In January 2018 on behalf of my entire street of homeowners I bought 2,200 bags of mulch for our yards. Lowe's gave me a 7% price increase to their initial quote on this, and OK I accepted it. The big problem Lowe's gave me is that they promised to “stagger” the pallets of mulch down the street so each homeowner could access them, but then delivered it all in front of one house!

The truck drivers unloading refused to use their forklift to drop the pallets along the street, were obnoxious about my request and said the store told them to deliver to only one house! Not only did this cause a logjam on the street, but we had to hire four yard workers for three days at a cost of $1,500 to help wheelbarrow the mulch off the pallets and to the houses! My calls to the store [nobody answers their phones] did nothing and complaining to their corporate did nothing either. My experience with Lowe's is that their internal communications is terrible, they do not follow through on promises and don't care about resolving problems!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Mysteries and escape rooms are so much fun; I love a good challenge, but finding the right people to fix my brand new dryer has been quite an unwanted adventure. So here is my story: I was so excited about my new washer and dryer. Being a school teacher is hard work with little pay and I had managed to save up to buy a new washer and dryer - no more trips to the laundromat where I had been physically assaulted. I had to wait to install the units while I finished drywalling my kitchen. So for two months I drooled looking at the unopened boxes. Finally the big day arrived and upon opening the dryer, there was a massive dent so bad that the tumble would not even spin. I called Lowe's and they kindly said they would replace. Awesome - whew no big deal.

Everything was going great until two months later - the dryer gave me an f10 error message. I called Whirlpool, since the 1 year warranty is with them, and proceeded to jump hoops. The gent kindly asked for a serial number. I gladly looked where he said they would be...nothing. He sent a guy out and even the repairman could not find the numbers. He said call Lowe's, so I did. I decided that calling may not be the best, so I walked in directly and spoke to the nice service desk lady. At this point all is going well. She calls her manager - he says, "No problem, we will just pick it up and deliver a new one"; she says, "Someone will call you about scheduling a pick up and delivery". I go home...relief.

After 4 days, I received no call. I call Lowe's and ask if I can make the appointment since no one called back to schedule a pick up. This time I was speaking to another manager, and she asked why I needed a pick up...this is where it all goes downhill. Her attitude was cold and mean. She accused me of taking the numbers off. I said, "Lady, I don't take tags off of my clothing half the time, why would I take the tag off of my dryer?" (Trying to joke.) After much back and forth I finally said, "Look I just want a dryer that works - I tried to go to Whirlpool direct, your management team agreed to pick it up." She said they would have an expert from Lowe's call me.

I spoke with the service expert; he was the best person I have talked to during the whole ordeal - kind and totally understood my scenario. I took pictures, he was baffled that there was no serial number. He told me to call Lowe's in Chapel Hill and have them print out a new set. So back to Lowe's I went and this time I took a male friend. He also explained the same scenario to management, except this time he walked back to the exact floor model and asked her to show him where the serial numbers are located. Guess what? She couldn't find them. It just so happened that a Whirlpool expert was at the store. She brought him over, he looked, and looked, and looked. Finally after all of us looked, the numbers were found; you had to pull out the water reservoir.

Awesome - I went home. There they were. Lowe's called a tech who called me. They set up a time - 2 weeks was the only appointment they had. OK - I can do another two weeks. Two weeks, and they came and said, "Yep you need a new motherboard, but we don't have one - we will." Have to order and reschedule. Another two weeks has passed and no one calls. I call and they say it's on backorder. All this time, I'm concerned about my measly 1 year warranty that is slowly passing by. I haven't even hardly used the product and they are just dragging their feet. No sorry - nothing. I have done more than most customers would. I have kept me cool but this is wrong and something should be done.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

A company the size of Lowe's has inexcusably awful delivery practices. People reschedule their lives to be available for delivery of appliances. If one of the delivery vehicles Lowes employs breaks down, there should be a mechanism to replace it immediately, obviating the need for the customer to disrupt their lives a second time. Lowe's should operate on the convenience of the customer, not the other way around. The promise to call between 6 and 9 PM the night before delivery to provide a window of time for delivery has NEVER happened. There are many other appliance stores. This experience has caused me to rethink where I will shop for major appliances.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I bought a set of kitchen appliance from Lowe's back in Nov 2017 with a delivery date of Dec 15, 2017. On Dec 14, 2017 they pushed the delivery date out to the last week of January. It is now Feb 14 2018 and I have NOT received my appliances. Since I had not heard from the store I decided to walk in and ask for status on my appliances. One manager said sorry but, but. I asked to speak to the store manager thinking the problem was going to get fixed. To my surprise the store manager pushed out the delivery date to mid March. I explained to store manager (Matthew) I could no longer go without a refrigerator that I have been waiting for over 4 months. The store manager said they would loan us a fridge in the meantime and it would get delivered the next day.

So trusting the store manager's words we went grocery shopping that day. Then the next day came and went and never heard from Mathew and here I am with groceries everywhere but no fridge. I called the store. Left message for Mathew because he was in a meeting, 2hrs went by so I called him again. To my surprise the fridge they were going to loan us was pushed out another day. But, to top it off Lowe's credit card is charging us late fees and interest on the appliances we don't even have. I have spent well over 10,000 in merchandise and after this I will NEVER buy at Lowe's.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Major three bathroom renovation. Three week project started in July, 2017, not completed until the end of October, 2017. From day one damaged product delivered, wrong product delivered, missing parts. Four different project coordinators over the course of the renovation. Wrong paint used in all three bathrooms (flat not eggshell) and after the fact in contacting the designer at Lowe's Middletown, NY, (540) the response was to use a "magic eraser". The first three weeks the contractor was on premises, but had to leave as we waited for products. Two months later finally got the contractor back and it still took another month to complete. I would never recommend the renovation team. There were too many other issues to put all in here including filing complaints with the store about all of the above. Buyer beware.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

May of 2016 Went to Lowe’s to talk about remodeling kitchen, the Lowe’s salesman kept putting off the date to start, because he was going to school for being a Home Advisor, I would be his 1st Customer. In Oct. paid 75.00. They require for down payment, he had said off his head he thought it would cost about 16,000. In Dec went in to pay for installation to begin Jan. 1st completed Jan 3rd. They started the end of Jan. I had purchased appliances from USAA. They were delivered the 26th of 2016. As of today Feb 12th the job is not completed after contacting Lowe’s Corporate Center, They had 4 different managers come out and take pictures and said they would get right on it. I now have 5 big boxes in my living room and one outside the door, too big to haul inside. Was promised yet again the week of the 5th they would have it completed which is 2018. They have not showed up.

I paid 33,000 for this job plus 4,000 for appliances. This Home advisor did not show a virtual design of the kitchen, just said it would be out of the world project. Instead of getting more cabinet space, got less. Told him I wanted a Marble Floor, because I loved shininess, didn't get it. Countertop did not like. He had said he was going to try to get a kitchen designed like mine to showcase. And wanted to show it on Pinterest. The ceiling they took the popcorn off is awful, I ask him what he thought and he said my little girls could do better than this. But did not do anything about it. All that took pictures said it was badly done. I am in ill health and disgusted. Someone would take advantage the way this salesman did. I told him when they first started they were putting cabinets over holes in the wall that was to be plyboard first, soon to be 2 yrs of telephone, Lowe’s coming over but nothing done. This is a small kitchen!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

July 2017 I purchased a washer/dryer from Lowe's Home Improvement Hendersonville NC. Delays with house construction made deliver in January 2018. I was excited to get the last of the appliances delivered. Dryer came with a long scratch on the side and upon mentioning it to the delivery crew, bam instant 10% off my bill. Wasn't expecting that, I just wanted it noted on the form I was signing. Next few days I was 3 loads of clothes. Each time the dispenser cups were full to the top after each load. Maytag tech came out and first thing he ask me "where's the cover for the dispenser drawer?" There wasn't one with the washer when delivered.

Then I told him how filthy the dispenser cups were when I received the washer. He did some checking with serial numbers, etc and found both the washer and dryer were used! Bought NEW appliances, Lowe's delivered USED. Lowe's was quick to pick them back up and very apologetic, at the time. Bought new on sale in July. Lowe's claimed these units never sold NEW for the price we paid. After much discussion with Clint, Store Manager, he gave me an allowance of $799 each to select and buy new ones.

Either knowingly or unfortunately there were no appliances in that price range other than what I had originally purchased. And so I agreed to take replacements for exactly what I purchased in July 2017. Basically, I was getting what I was supposed to get but after waiting for first delivery, pickup on used appliances, in store frustration with Clint for 2.5 hours, promises of a Saturday delivery only to again wait and get a call from Lowe's Saturday AM that they couldn't deliver that day. Now I'm again with managers trying to figure out what the problem is and promised the appliances would be acquired from another Lowe's and delivered Monday. Monday arrived and delivery truck here.

I went out to inspect that everything was NEW in manufacture boxes, etc. Well, wouldn't you know it Lowe's was delivering me the wrong appliances from another manufacturer even. I was told that Whirlpool bought out Maytag and that model is no longer available. Opened my computer and pulled up Maytag and Whirlpool websites. Well well, there are a number of places you can still buy my appliances, including Home Depot and Best Buy. So I refuse the delivery since like most people I want what I purchased, not another appliance, or different color, or another manufacturer.

So, now the NonStock washer Dyer I purchased July 2017 are called NonStock and have to be special ordered. To be delivered sometime in the future. In the meantime aside from all my frustration and wasted time for deliveries, removal, Maytag Tech, and someday re-delivery, I'm without a washer and dryer that has been paid for since July 2017. All this to just get what I paid for to start with. I hear this is common practice for Lowe's.

Updated on 02/18/2018: FEBRUARY 16, 2017. While running errands in Lowe's in Hendersonville NC today I decided to swing by the Appliance section. In January 2018 Clint **, store manager Lowe's Arden, NC gave me an allowance of $799 to select new washer/dryer because Lowe's delivered USED appliances pretending they were new but Maytag Service Tech confirmed they were used. In January Clint ** claimed he was too busy to meet me at our agreed upon time in the appliance dept. or at any time within the 2.5 hours I was there saying to get this matter settled. Instead the sales clerk had to make several calls, in store to him. When I'd stand my ground of the issue Clint **, store manager became gruff and short saying he was doing me a favor. Clint **, manager, made a $799 allowance each to replace both washer and dryer. There were no other replacements within $799.at that time.

Begrudgingly and without any compensation I had no choice but to have Lowe's, reorder my original models purchased with the understanding they'd be delivered within a week. That was 5 weeks ago. At that point I was DONE WITH LOWE'S and wanted an equitable settlement to complete our business so I'd never have to deal with Clint ** or Lowe's again, I could have waited for another sale and then taken him up on the allowance but I required a washer dryer right then so I had to settle for my prior choice.

Today, February 16, 2018, in the Lowe's, Hendersonville, NC store I found the exact washer dryer I was insisting Clint **, store manager Lowe's Arden, NC accept as replacements for my original purchase back in January 2017, to compensate and make me whole after the serious issues Lowe's caused. When I found the upgraded washer dryer today in the Hendersonville store for the price of $749 each, that was well below the agreed allowance Clint made in January. I called Clint right away but again he was obnoxious, rude, authoritative and absolutely refused to honor his original agreement. He said he was doing me a favor as it was, REALLY? what favor? I was asking is for him to honor the agreement made in January. He has absolutely ZERO positive customer service skills and spoke gruff and condescending in all conversations with him.

I'm a senior and don't appreciate some young fellow trying to bully me into going away. Our phone call was lengthy, extremely frustrating, and totally unnecessary. All Clint ** had to do was honor his $799 allowance made in January and acquire the ones I wanted at $749. My position was that I have been seriously inconvenienced, had received ZERO compensation for Lowe's issues, and had tolerated Clint's attitude. These washer dryers at the Hendersonville, NC store are available for me to have NOW. The ones on order still had not been delivered and no date in sight. And in all fairness to me there should be no question and Lowe's needs to acquire the $749 washer dryer at Hendersonville, NC Store. I will not be further penalized or belittled by Clint **. He and Lowe's need to step up and do the right thing. I will accept nothing less than receiving the $749 washer dryer from Hendersonville, NC or warehouse.

PS, since I didn't back down and take Clint's no for an answer he threatened to just refund my money. That would have been ok except I bought our washer dryer on sale back in July. A refund now would put me at a severe financial disadvantage in acquiring replacements, not to mention zero compensation for all this craziness Clint has caused. Lowe's is not being reasonable in the least. All this frustration would have stopped then. But, CLINT with his attitude refuses to offer good customer service and in fact it appears he derives personal satisfaction by yielding an authoritative attitude, I'll tell you what you can or can't have, I hold that power not you. In fact, I see this as a pattern, not just through our conversations, but through comments regarding him from a number of staff.

February 16, in lengthy conversation with Clint all I kept saying and insisting was that he honor his $799 allowance and acquire the now upgraded models for $749, well below his allowance. Had I waited back in January this would have been the outcome, as 5 weeks later. This would have stopped all the problems and brought closure to a very upsetting and frustrating issue. But, Clint refuses to honor his original $799 allowance. During our conversations he was consistently rude and spoke over me numerous times when it was something he didn't agree with. Clint has pushed me over the top and now in addition to writing reviews, all this correspondence and further detail will be submitted directly to Lowe's Corporation. So, Mr. Clint **, I hope corporate hears this loud and clear.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was shopping for Galvalume metal roofing panels, and sticker shock hit me at Lowe's, $41 dollars a 3 by 12 panel... Holy cow. Highway robbery. So I spoke to three separate employees, one a manager. No one knew the price match policy. Plus I was told they could not match AAC metal price due to SKU number, rubbish. Lowe's charges double the going rate and price for metal. Do not be a suckers and buy your metal at Lowe's. Call Bob at AllAluminum, fair and honest price. I boycott Lowe's.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My husband and I went to purchase carpet for a 18' x 12' room. Because of the military discount we went to Lowe's. Initially no one was available to speak with us. This was on a Friday. We looked around and found a STAINMASTER carpet we liked and wanted to purchase. We rang the button and soon someone showed up. We explained that we have an empty room and wanted to have it carpeted as soon as possible. We asked what the scheduling was like and would it be possible to get this done in approximately 1 week. The man explained that this was an excellent time to so this as they were not busy yet (until tax returns).

I showed him my dimensions of the rectangular room and he said that regardless, they required someone to measure the room. Of course this cost additional money and time. In addition they charged me because my baseboards might be old since the house was built in 1975. I explained that the house had been remodeled in 2011 including baseboards and carpeting. He said he was still required to charge me $2.00. The guy that came out and measured my room had the exact same measurements that I had 18' x 12'. He told me that a Project Manager would be assigned and I should call or stop by after 48 hours and by then we should receive our proposal. This was on a Monday.

We called Thursday morning to ensure someone would be there to help us before going to the store. They assured us someone would be there to help after 11:00am. When we got there and pushed the button to get help, the associate showed up and proceeded to try and help. He found paperwork with our names on them. The proposals were blank except for our names and the 2 different room sizes they were suggesting. One proposal showed 35' x 12' and the other one showed 18' x 15'. Other than that the pages were blank. And unfortunately our project manager that they had assigned was off that day. Almost an entire week had already gone by and I still didn't have a cost or a time frame (since the carpet had to ship from Georgia). This was the second time I tried to buy this 18' x 12' carpet and was turned away.

At this point I realized that additional hidden costs were going to start adding up quickly. The list so far: a measurement I already knew, a Project Manager that would input a few numbers (that would include his cost and any other items he felt necessary), then a delivery fee (probably expedited since it hadn't been ordered yet). Outrageous! I spoke to a Store Manager who listened, acknowledged that they had not tried to do what they had said, but made no attempt to keep my business. I left there knowing that I would never consider using them for a project.

The following day (Friday) we went to another flooring company. We selected the carpet, they allowed us to waive the measuring, and we paid for the carpet all at once. The man helping us called the carpet company located in Georgia and assured that it was in stock and could you put it on the next truck. Thursday we arranged installation and on Saturday the carpet was beautifully installed. One week and one day from purchase. Also we only paid for the purchase of an 18' x 12' carpet. The company also upgraded the padding to the top of line padding for free. Lowe's would have charged me more money for less service!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Lowe's operates with the SOUTHERN ATTITUDE. The take the approach. No one accepts responsibility. They think saying "I'm sorry" makes things OK. I have probably spent over $50,000 over the last 10 yrs. I will NEVER purchase another item from the BUBBA operation.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I've had the worst experience with Lowes and my carpet purchase. It's been 3.5 weeks since I began my quest to buy carpet. I waited for a room measurement, which I provided them with. I waited for the order to come in, took 9 days. Then I waited for the install call. Next, I waited for the date to come when they did the install. Once they came, a contractor was painting in a closet and the subcontractor that was supposed to install the carpet left without saying a word. Called me later in the afternoon to reschedule what I thought was already installed and guess what they said. Another week.

After going through the manager (Elroy) I was promised I would be called back in the morning. No calls, I called Lowe's again. Was told the person was too busy for 4 straight hours to return my phone call, and that the install was going to now be a day longer than what I was told the day before. I guess Lowe's doesn't care about losing 2k carpet orders. This took place at the Rim store in San Antonio and with the subcontractor Angell's flooring. Terrible customer service and I will not be returning to Lowe's. I will shop at Home Depot from this point forth and even wait longer for my carpet because I will not reward Lowe's a single penny of my money.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I place the order and paid in full in late Sept 2017. The company actually doing the work is fine, they are competent and keep me updated. However, they have to wait on Lowe's Professional Services for the cabinets. Kitchen was demo'd right before Thanksgiving. Cabinets arrived and were inspected; the "project manager" didn't know how to read dates on PDF files and used the earliest estimated measurements, not the latest correct measurements. 3 weeks for new cabinets. Then the cabinet company made one of the new cabinets incorrectly; the corner wasn't 90 degrees and I'd have lost 2-3 inches in my tiny kitchen to shims. Nope. Now they seem to have lost the reordered corner cabinet. AND OF COURSE, once the cabinets are installed, I have to WAIT 3 more weeks for the countertop. DO NOT BUY CABINETS FROM LOWE'S.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Purchased a special order 5x10 trailer. Within 3 months both tires on the trailer went bad. The tread fell off of one tire, the other 1 split in half. Stay away from Lowe's Carry-On Trailers, very dangerous.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I would give no stars for this if it were possible. We waited until November to begin our kitchen renovation because everyone told us to wait for Black Friday sales during that month... "Best deals out there!" What a huge mistake. We ordered 4 appliances totaling $3800. The savings were substantial and we were happy with the projected delivery dates (ranging 2-4 week waits). Unfortunately, it has now been 13 weeks, and we only have the dishwasher. The delivery dates come and go, repeated calls are made, and all we get is excuses from managers saying the online ordering system leaves them in the dark with no communication to the store about where our orders are or when we will get them. The Lowe's Customer Care line is no help... After a lot of waiting on hold, they just end up calling the store managers, who have no answers. We are really disgusted.

It appears our only choice is to reorder them from Home Depot, who have them ALL in stock and ready for delivery, but we will NOT get any of the Black Friday sale discounts! Our mistake of choosing Lowe's is costing us $627.29 more! We are disgusted with Lowe's terrible online ordering process and lack of customer service. If we had ordered from Home Depot during the sales, the savings would have been the same without this aggravation. We have been loyal Lowe's customers for years, but at this point, we will never shop there again. This has been just ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I ordered 30 4 X 8 ft sheets of natural wood beadboard from Lowe's online. I paid for shipping. It arrived in the freezing rain and the delivery person said he was not allowed to take the wood into the house. We are talking about 400 lbs of wood in huge thin sheets. Impossible to manage with one person. My 77 year old husband nearly killed himself trying to get it inside before it was damaged. We had to hire someone on an emergency basis to bring it in. Lowe's was not interested in my complaints, refused to refund the shipping cost and said it was clearly my fault because I had not read the "shipping policy". No interest in how seniors are supposed to manage. Nowhere did it ever say, you had better be prepared to bring this in yourself. They bring in appliances, but not hundreds of pounds of wood.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

This kitchen backsplash install took three months to complete due to VERY poor workmanship on the initial install. Every time a call was made to the third party they would either not return the calls or would schedule a two-week-out service to look at, fix, or finish an item. Lowe's would call the third party and sometimes the services would respond. On the initial install the electrical to the kitchen was out due to a tripped GF outlet that the installer had crossed wires inside the electric box. They left it that way. The tiles were jutting out in numerous areas, missing grout, and uneven in other areas. Numerous appointments were made to repair all the above. THREE months for what originally was a one day job! Lowe's did not reimburse me for a FULL box of tiles ($100) and were very distant in helping to move the project through completion. I would NEVER use Lowe's again for any install service. Stay clear!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Do NOT use Lowe's for your home renovation! You will regret it! I know I do! I used Lowe's Installation Sales to complete a kitchen renovation. 6 months after the completion of the renovation the toe molding at the base of our cabinets started to peel and chip paint. Under our warranty the material was to be reordered and reinstalled. I contacted Lowe's to address the issue and was put in touch with Installation Sales through email, however I did not receive a response. I sent three emails over the course of a month before I received a response from the Lowe's team. A month after my original email the material was ordered, but would take another three weeks before it would be delivered.

7 weeks later, I rearranged my scheduled to ensure that I would be home to sign for the product. The material that was delivered to our home was incorrect. I waited 7 weeks for the wrong material! I called Lowe's Installation Sales to speak with a supervisor. I told him that the wrong material had been delivered and that I was not confident that the team member I was assigned was able to handle my request (a VERY simple one-2 pieces of 8ft toe molding). Instead of handling my concern (as I feel a supervisor should do) he passed me back to the employee that didn’t respond to my emails for a month and then had the wrong product ordered and delivered.

The product was reordered, but this time it was delivered to the store. I never received an email or phone call notifying me that the material had been delivered-I had to call and ask. I was told that the material had been delivered and we were ready to proceed with the installation. Then 5 days later I receive a call from Lowe's saying that the material was damaged and would have to be reordered for the third time! I began this conversation with Lowe's on 11/7 and on 1/24, 3 months later the product was finally delivered and installed. I had a conversation with a Lowe's Installation Sales team member and expressed how disappointed I was in my experience with Lowe's. I asked to be compensated for the 3 months of headaches. They gave me very little compensation on a Lowe's gift card that I had to go pick up from the store. I was told that this is what they deemed to be fair.

Please do NOT give them your business. You will be doing more work to get your renovation completed than they will, trust me! You will send many emails only for them to go unanswered, and you will call and speak to at least three different people before you get a competent one. Don’t bother asking to speak to a supervisor because they are not helpful! My experience with Lowe's has been unacceptable. Even worse, Lowe's does not seem to think that it is unreasonable for their customers to send countless emails, make numerous phone calls, wait 7 weeks for incorrect material and 9 weeks for damaged material to be delivered. If you use Lowe's for your home renovation expect to wait at least 12 weeks before any concern is resolved.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I am on Lowe's email list and receive regular emails about sales. I have been looking at dishwashers through the emails I have received and they know I am looking at appliances and have been sending me advertising targeting me for an appliance. I ordered a dishwasher that they showed online for sale in which I used my Lowe's credit card. I was told what store the dishwasher was at and they would notify me to pick it up. They never contacted me so I called the store and they said they didn't have the dishwasher and never sold it.

I asked them to replace the dishwasher with an equal model for the same price and they refused. I asked them why they advertising something they didn't sell. They offered to sell me one at retail with 10% off. I wanted them to honor what they had advertised. I consequently went online and ordered multiple dishwashers (same model) from other Lowe's stores that advertised they had them only to find out they didn't. I then started receiving emails advertising dishwashers for sale. They are dishonestly advertising products they don't have and in some instances never had that they don't honor. It was all a waste of my time. Even after they knew they didn't have them they didn't remove them off of the internet and continued to bait other customers all the time trying to sell me a full price dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I would give half a star if I could. First in the store I had to find someone to help us and another customer. Then after a week of not hearing from the installation people I called and was told that someone would be out to install on Wednesday 1 and 1/2 weeks after paid in full purchase. Got off of work early costing me 100 dollars and about 6 PM the installer called and was not happy that he had to deliver the dishwasher and was rude to me because of that. I didn't fill out the invoice for them. He said he would be there that night. No call no show #1. The next day I called the store and was told that my 100 dollars would be refunded. Then the next day I again had to leave my job (60 dollars gone this time).

I was again told someone would be out before 8. At 9 PM I again called the store. This manager offered me a 100 gift certificate. No call no show # 2. On Friday, I was told that Saturday would be my delivery date. Saturday morning, I was told to be at home 11 until 2. No call no show # 3. Called the installation office and was told the installation had been delayed to Monday. Needless to say, I went to get my money back. I was not reimbursed for my time off of work and I didn't get the 100 dollar gift card promised. But I don't need that because I will never do business with this company again. One good customer lost and nobody cared. Well goodbye.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Two years ago, I decided to remodel my small kitchen and went to Lowe's for help with design and installation. Mistake! After a month we finally had a plan in place and items ordered. The gutting went well. The installation took 3 months to complete (parts unordered, incorrect or, not available, warped, whatever). They refused to paint saying it wasn't ordered--It was on my contract--finally done at their cost. Many calls to the manager and designer produced roadblocks. Started in April. Finally finished in late June. Nope. Within a few months, the crown molding came away from the ceiling. More calls--materials arrived finally and 6 weeks later, the installation crew arrive, tore out the molding, replaced it. Guess what. As soon as the heat went back on, it has come away again. A half inch gap has appeared again.

NOW, the individual stores don't handle complaints any longer--I have to deal with a center in another state! Haven't reached them yet. Tired of fighting the fight!

And, just in case you're wondering, this was a $45,000 project. I can't believe the astronomical cost! And it's still not finished! I would never recommend Lowe's for a remodel again. Never! Ever! I trusted them and they failed miserably!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Twice in recent months, I have experienced poor service with Lowe's. First, they cancelled an order of appliances, with no explanation, and no apologies. After wasting time on the phone with them and getting nowhere, I went back to the store that I ordered from. Still no explanation, but they were happy to reorder for me (wasting more of my time). Today, I order more appliances from them online, they too have been cancelled. The lady tells me this time, they don't have anymore and they will not receive anymore. Then don't sell it to me!! Don't advertise prices for items that you cannot fulfill! Again, no apology, just a rude lady telling me, that they didn't sell it to me since I have not received it yet! My whole house is being redone from Harvey, and Lowe's will not get one more dime from me! Too bad they have already gotten as much as they did!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Recently I purchased a bathroom sink drain kit from Lowe's, but when I tried to install it, it snapped. I went to the returns desk. I explained what happened and would like to exchange it for a better brand as the one I had was plastic, Chinese made stuff. I was told no, policy is I can't even exchange plumbing parts once they've been installed. I told them to throw it away then and I'll buy a good one someplace else and I left. I learned a valuable lesson to not buy cheap, plastic Chinese made junk if you're trying to do something important and especially at Lowe's as they won't even let you exchange it if it breaks on you.

I noticed that almost all of what they sell is the crappy Chinese stuff. I went shopping for front porch light fixtures at one time and all they sold was Chinese made crap. Another time I looked at their power tools, all Chinese made crap. Bottom line is if you want something with a better than CCC rating (Cheap China Crap), don't shop at Lowe's. They probably don't care they get negative reviews since another sucker comes along every minute, but at least I warned whoever will see this.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I ordered a washing machine online and asked for it to be delivered. They never set up a delivery day or time for me or told me when it was going to be delivered. However, when I did call the customer service center (and they told me I would have to wait another four days) I asked to change my order to pick-up. The customer service rep changed my order, took off the haul away fee, and made sure that I knew which store to pick it up at. I'll never order from Lowe's online again. :(

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We bought an entire kitchen of appliances two weeks ago with the promise of a delivery tomorrow. "We'll let you know if anything changes," promised the salesman. Today I called to find the delivery time only to learn most of our appliances were not here yet. Calls to the store appliance manager, the delivery manager, the store manager, and to corporate customer service revealed we might get everything in another two weeks. Pathetic! Caveat emptor.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Purchased STAINMASTER's "Petprotect" Secret Dream Carpet for our family room as the whole "pet protection" thing. Had it installed and within a week there was fraying of fibers. 2 weeks ago I was vacuuming and a 2 foot stretch of carpet came unraveled . I called Lowe's and was transferred 4 times and given the run around. My concern was transferred to installation. When they deemed it not an "installation" issue, it was transferred to the manufacturer (STAINMASTER) who rejected our claim. I am now stuck with an $1500.00 carpet that is only 5 months old and has a very noticeable defect in it. Nobody can tell me what to do about it. Lowe's certainly isn't standing behind their products (or their customers) only their vendors. Lucky STAINMASTER.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

During the Thanksgiving time period Lowe's advertised a 4 or 5 day window where you could buy items and receive an 11% rebate. After receiving these items I sent in the paperwork with order #s, etc. on them. Recently I received a letter stating my submission could not be processed due to missing info. I contacted the rebate center and informed they did in fact have the items as they were printed off the internet thru my account that showed the info. Yet I was sent around in a circle from the rebate center to customer and back to the rebate center with no results. I believe these rebate offers are a scam. I believe they put these offers out there to hook you into buying more product.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information

Lowes
www.lowes.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use