Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2937 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had to replace an old fence and deck, where a large amount of vegetation had grown up around this area over the course of 20 years. I had gotten three estimates, all were similar in price. Lowe’s was just a little higher before I used the 5 percent discount. I went with Lowe’s (West Stone Drive, Kingsport TN) because it was obvious the person they sent out was very knowledgeable, (and efficient, gave me an estimate the same day), and he (Bennie) called the perfect contractors for my needs.

Bennie brought Jason out to see the site. Jason indicates they could do what other contractors hesitated on, and complete it in a week-from start. They started earlier than promised, arrived on time every day, and had such an amazing crew. They completed the job in 3 days!! (One estimator told me 3 weeks!) In that time, Bennie followed the job and quickly helped on one troublesome area (due to the lay of the lay of the land), modified to suit my taste - it was not an issue for him or the contractors (All American Home Improvement) since Bennie responded so quick. I was just in awe of all these guys!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I've been a Lowe's customer for 30+ years and in several different states. These comments are made about the good people in the Regency Square Lowe's (store 0503). The people who work at this store are very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. Given this, if I were to pick an All-Star team the two most valuable players would be Sandy in Electrical and Richard in Plumbing. Then the Rookie of the Year would be Joseph in the Door and Window area. Not sure how he got so smart so quick, but he is very very good.

As for the MVPs, Sandy has a wealth of knowledge of his area in electric and made a number of suggestions relative lighting in our home remodel that produced excellent results. Not only does he have complete knowledge of his area, but also the whole store. The same goes for Richard in Plumbing. He is excellent. I recently had double sink fixtures in the master bathroom with minor leaks I couldn't figure out why. After several troubleshooting questions, he suggested removing the aerators from the faucets. Leaks were eliminated. The faucets were slightly obstructed due to material in the line from a defective water softener. I soaked the aerators in vinegar for several days and reinstalled them and they work perfectly without a plumbing bill.

If you have a problem in their area and explain it to either Richard or Sandy their advice and suggestions are excellent. The other thing that I appreciate, is when they are working with a customer their focus is completely on that person. Kudos to these three gentlemen as well as the entire staff at this store. My full house nine month rehab is complete and the house just sold in two weeks with two full price offers on the same day.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I am a a professional house investor (over 25 years) that has seen it ALL. And been to ALL the Lowe's stores in Indiana and New York and other states. I travel out of my way to purchase from the Lowe's in Franklin Indiana. It is the customer service and Manager that gets my business (I am probably their number 1 online order customer). I do house remodeling for a living (even a well known TV show I have worked on).

I have experienced ALL the delays and excuses and screw ups you can imagine. How about sitting a table with a TV agent telling you have to buy a refrigerator or your house won't sell? Well Lowe's kept calling and said it was on its way... Then they said it HAD been delivered and I am sitting there with the guy listening to me yelling, "They STOLE MY REFRIGERATOR and I am contacting police right now" (Showed up Late in evening...they found it in one of the delivery guys' garages). Oh same deal days before... my thousands of dollars of roofing materials had been delivered and I even signed for them? Hmm, I was in hospital...got out and had this other store try to find that receipt WITH my signature. OOPS they couldn't... Well this was another store.

I GOT LUCKY and found the FRANKLIN INDIANA STORE. The manager definitely treats me right. Ok, I spend THOUSANDS every month. I go out of my way to buy from this store...even though my properties are VERY close to another store. Screw ups happen...but it seems this store always makes it right one way or another. Can't always get a refund but a store credit will do for me. Thank You Franklin...your customer William **.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

So it was time to replace the washer & dryer. We purchased a set for approximately $1,000 for the pair delivered with accessories. 5 months later very dissatisfied with the washer and its ability to balance loads and not Shake. Reviewed Lowe's return policy for appliances and you are able to return appliances for a full refund or credit for up to three months after purchase.

Well it had been 5 months and a few days since our purchase but I decided to contact them anyways. Contacted Jesse and explained my situation and she took the ball and ran with it. No problem, picked up the units the following morning and by that afternoon called me and had refunded the total purchase price to my American Express. As to not go through another unsatisfactory experience with appliances I reviewed washer and dryers extensively and found that almost all of them had 4 * reviews but read the one and two star reviews and came to the realization that all washers and dryers and probably refrigerators alike are of nowhere's the same quality is 15-20 years ago. Finally just took wild guess and purchased a nice-looking looking set of an LG washer and dryer.

They delivered it the following day and set it up and after a few days of using them I'm very satisfied with the performance but a little leery of all the new electronics and such that they use nowadays. But the point of this review is not on the appliance itself but on the great service that Lowe's gave after the sale. I didn't repurchase my washer and dryer from Lowe's because I had to but because of the great service after the sale!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I am so favorably impressed with the Millwork (doors & windows) dept. at the Lowe's store in Kalispell, MT. Frank was great help in ordering doors and windows. Then when I had a problem because my builder had given me incorrect information on the size door I needed, Steve was incredibly helpful in issuing a refund and doing research to make sure I got the perfect new door. John, the manager, was also very helpful.

Lowe's also made two deliveries to our house out in the country. Both times the delivery men came right when they said they would, and were polite, careful and efficient. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the service I've received. Everyone I've dealt with acted like they actually cared that I got just the right product for our project. I should also mention that I do shop around and have almost always found the quality and prices of home improvement supplies (this is the third major remodel we've done) to be as good or better than anywhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: July 15, 2019

After waiting few days for my order to be ready I finally received email to pick up my order. Hook up my trailer and went to Lowe's. Customer service at store was slow and rude. After 30 minutes I'm told my order is not ready, and part of order not in store. I was told someone would bring me the part of order they had. I asked to speak to manager and waited another 30 minutes for total of 1 hour or more waiting with no one bringing me any of my order and management refusing to even talk with me. So tired of spending thousands of dollars at this store and being treated like dung! So I gave up and went home with nothing but another very bad experience from Carlsbad Lowe's. Wishing for Home Depot to open a store here! Carlsbad NM Lowe's is the Worst!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I needed two windows and a front door delivered and installed, so I went to the Panama City Lowe's in January of 2019. Soon after, the guy came to measure, give me a quote, etc. He told me there was a 6 week wait for the windows and another 4 weeks (so like March or April) wait for installation. I consented. However, the time passed and only 1 of the 2 windows were delivered. They had broken one of the windows and had to reorder it. It was to be delivered May 26th...

Today is July 14th. Still no window nor installer. I have called them probably 4 to 5 times in last 3 months, each time having to give the entire run-down of the events and what I've been told so far. They NEVER follow up, and have shown a complete lack of competence throughout this entire ordeal. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. This is my first bad experience with Lowe's, but it has been and still is the worst experience I've had with ANY company across the board. PLEASE FIX YOUR PROBLEMS LOWE'S.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Ordered washer on 6/22/2019. Took forever to deliver it. Then they delivered it at 6pm on a Sunday. Waited all day for it to come. Wasted that day. Why did it take that long? Then deliver it at the end of the day. Unacceptable.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I was looking for 42 inch bathroom vanities without tops. Everything I liked and clicked said "currently unavailable". Spent over 30 mins and couldn't buy anything. Many options but nothing is available. What is the point of putting them online when nothing is available.

Original review: July 13, 2019

On May 25, 2-019 I ordered new Samsung kitchen appliances. The refrigerator and stove were delivered a week later, with 3 areas damaged on the refrigerator. A week later they were replaced. The microwave didn’t get installed until June 12th. The dishwasher was supposed to installed on June 12th, but it was a ½ inch too tall as Samsung dishwashers often are. I ordered a KitchenAid instead. It arrived 2 weeks later and sat at Lowe's for 2 weeks waiting for their installer who never returned their calls or mine. I told them to get another installer.

4 days later their installer went to pick it up at the store and told them it couldn’t be installed because it was damaged. Could someone not figure it out while it sat in front of them for nearly 3 weeks? So, I bought all these appliances on a Lowe's credit card. I had to make the first payment before the first appliance was delivered and 7 weeks later I still don’t have my dishwasher! Go to Home Depot. They have never treated me like this!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

My elderly father entered into a contract with Lowe's Potsdam, NY, for a roof installation. The installation was a comedy of errors, and eight months later, the roof still leaks--despite repeated attempts to get it fixed. At the same time, he also ordered new doors. Eight months later, the doors were finally delivered after my repeated contact with the store. Eight months. I tried to negotiate a billing adjustment for him, and thought we had finally reached an agreement, when Lowe's insisted that he sign a release of all claims. Since the products and services have been terrible so far, I cannot allow him to sign away all his rights. The way these "customer service" people talk to you is appalling. They are so rude. This has been a terrible experience.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Lowe's routinely stocks plants that are not in our climate zone --- many are large perennials that are good to only 20 or 30 degrees F. Any time I have asked about it at local stores I have been told that it is controlled at the corporate level. So at corporate level, they are making the decision to grow, pot, and transport thousands and thousands of plants that are going to die. The environmental cost of that is ridiculous when you account for the CO2 generated to transport these plants. If they do sell, they end up dead after the first freeze. If they don't sell, they end up having to be transported to wherever it is that Lowe's takes dead plants --- taking up space in a landfill and wasting gas to get them there.

I was told by one employee that corporate told him that if a plant will grow in Arizona it will grow in New Mexico so that's why they send the same things. What???? I am guessing that person at corporate is being paid a very decent salary to make some really stupid, lazy, environmentally unfriendly decisions. I want to make sure it is understood I am talking about the large containers of zone inappropriate perennials --- not small plants you might be willing to treat as an annual even though they would be perennials in warmer zones.

Original review: July 10, 2019

There were a lot of delays but we never complained. We just trusted that they will do a good job. Moving of furniture is included in the labor cost but we had to do it. Said they don't move or dismantle beds. Would've been nice if we were informed about that from the beginning. Paid an extra $500+ to level the floors. We were never informed that this could happen. They assured us from the beginning that everything is paid for and that we will not spend any more on anything else. Seems like they are full of empty promises. Installers are nice and we are not blaming them. We are blaming Lowe's because we asked them questions before we finalized everything, but during the day of installation, everything changed. On top of that, the $500+ needed to be paid for separately. It can't be included in the total amount of the project, which we have on a payment plan. We are very displeased and disappointed. We regret choosing Lowe's for this project.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Ordered a dishwasher and a dishwasher connector online. They delivered the wrong connector. Tried setting up installation service with them. Signed up an agreement but somehow the store could not pull up the agreement. Tried 4-5 times but same issue. Then they changed their procedure saying that because I purchased dishwasher and installation separately, I will have to go to the store and set it up, all this after talking to 4 different customer care reps. Now I have to see how the store experience is. Ordered online for delivery and installation so that I don't have to go to the store. Never again Lowe's.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Purchased a screen door from Lowe's and paid to have it installed. After the initial measuring the company, DECORA MILLWORK, contracted to do the installation. Never returned any phone calls to book the actual installation. The person that was to do the work actually LIED to LOWE'S, myself and the person at the location of the installation. The screen door was a birthday gift. This went on for several weeks. Finally a date was booked but they cancelled at the last minute stating that they would be there first thing next day. At 4:00 pm on the next day I went to Lowe's demanding a FULL refund... Nobody had shown up and no phone call!!! Lowe's did not offer any compensation for their poor service and for the installer. My personal opinion is that DECORA MILLWORK is HOMOPHOBIC! After making the initial visit for the measurements and seeing who their customer was, decided not to return!!! BEWARE of this type of behavior and report it!

Original review: July 10, 2019

We contacted a Contractor from Lowe’s named Nick (San Jose, California) to replace our fence/front gate back in early May. We were told 3 was which was roughly around the end of May. We were asked to sign a contract that once we decide to do it, materials will be ordered and we can’t back out. We PAID full amount. There was a delay, mid June, nothing! But we had to call them several times before we found out what happened which they claim to be damaged parts that needed replacement or reorder. Absolutely no follow thru on their part. Takes several calls before they respond. June ended and 2nd week of July, same thing, this Nick is just too hard to get hold of. Seems like all he does is be in a meeting because that’s what he usually says on his texts....but again, does not call back.

Managers are clueless unless we go to the store to complain. You would think a reputable company will be more reliable, but no. To this day, we still don’t have an answer. We wanted a refund but I guess the contract binds us to stick with this non-existent service which is still indefinitely on hold at this time. Please, hire more deserving people LOWE’s.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I am generally a fan of Lowe's in store but I have had the worse online experience ever when trying to buy replacement grates for a grill I purchased there. Over the last three months since my original order I have received 4 emails telling me that my order was ready to be picked up. Each time they could not find the part. Twice they cancelled the order and asked me to reorder. One of those times they credited me the wrong amount. Each visit to attempt to pickup my items took over 30 minutes. To date I still don’t have my replacement grates and what’s worse they twice sent me a survey where I expressed my dissatisfaction and yet nothing was done about it, no feedback at all. Why bother asking if you don’t care enough to do something about it. I will never use Lowe's online again.

Original review: July 9, 2019

When I contracted for new windows, I was not told that after replacement of the trim, nail holes, cracks, gouges made by the installers would be replaced with a clear, NON sandable acrylic, which does not make a smooth surface to paint. If I’d known, I would have told them to leave it and I would use spackling myself so make a paintable finish. In a couple of places, pieces of the wood trim broke off and Josh simply stuck the pieces on top of the acrylic to “cover” his mistake, only it didn’t. Nail heads are sticking out. It’s terrible! Would Lowe’s be proud of this work? Better yet, would Josh want this done in his home?

Lowe’s says there’s nothing they can do, so essentially....”we got your money, sucker”! They claim the window manufacturer requires acrylic on the trim. On MY old trim??? That’s absurd! Maybe if they had put up new trim, but it was pre-existing!!! Passing the buck! I’m DONE with Lowe’s! Will never shop there again and I know they’re so big they will never notice. That’s what they count on when they refuse to make right something that they made so horribly wrong. And I’ll take every opportunity to steer prospective customers away from them! Shame on them!!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Once again I get a runaround from Lowe's. I bought a refrigerator. No one explained that I had only 30 days to buy the $200 (!!) extended warranty to be able to get the appliance replaced if it was a lemon. And it IS a lemon! It looked like their display model had been boxed up. That was April. I read in the manual and papers that came with it that Whirlpool requires you to contact them rather than Lowe's if you have a problem. First I read the manual and tried to regulate the temperature with all the troubleshooting adjustments. Now it melts ice cream and freezes lettuce! I live 12 miles from the nearest town! They tell me that the earliest a serviceman can come is SEPTEMBER - this is the 1st of July! I bought the refrigerator in April. Both Lowe's and Whirlpool have customer service set up to give you a runaround. I am out hundreds of dollars worth of food and do not know when or if a serviceman will show up!

Original review: July 6, 2019

Ok, first of many problems. On May 2nd we purchased a front door, frame, and all products needed for our home, to be installed by Lowe's. The contracted installer called and at up installation for the first week in June. Which was fine. When the time came, the installer cancelled and they reset the installation for 2 weeks later. The day the install was supposed to happen, he called 30 minutes before he was supposed to be here and said he had to reschedule due to crew shortage. I called the store and explained the problems and they were not very helpful at all, so we returned everything for a complete refund.

Now, let go back to March of this year. We purchased a stove and refrigerator. 2700.00 worth of appliances. Just last week, the top ice maker stopped working properly and the bottom freezer door was not working properly either. So I called the Tupelo Mississippi store, where we purchased them, and they transferred me to the warranty department. The warranty department set up a service call with a local company. The day the technician was supposed to be here, guess what happened? Yep, he cancelled due to "being overbooked". He rescheduled for yesterday. This guy calls me 5 mins after he was supposed to be here and says he's running late but will be here in 45 minutes.

2 Hours later, he showed up. He tells me after looking at it for 15 minutes or so, that the ice maker was fine it was our water pressure. That it wasn't getting enough water to produce ice. WTH! It was making just fine for 2 months and now it don't work at all and it our water pressure all of a sudden. And he attempted to fix the drawer and now it will not automatically close and the light in the freezer is now not working!

I cannot believe all this mess and happening simultaneously. Every time I call about anything they tell me to call someone else or transfer me to someone that can "help". REALLY LOWE'S? The most unprofessional thing I've ever had to deal with. Totally fed up with all of it. If I could just return all of it, I would but of course it's past the 3 month return policy. Go figure. I just want my ice box fixed or replaced. How hard is that? Home improvement place my butt! They do not stand behind their products or their own contracted workers. I'm so done with LOWE'S????

Original review: July 6, 2019

We have been seeking the purchase of a dishwasher for our home for quite sometime. We came across a very good reasonably deal with Lowe’s in Greenville SC for the July 4th sales. When making the purchase they showed that they had 3 of our brand in stock, stated the contractor would be in touch within a day or so of the purchase. After the third day of no communication we called the Lowe’s where we made our purchase to seek some type of agreement for date and time of installation. They attempted to call the contractor by phone and email with no response.

We called each day (up to 4x) except for the 4th of July seeking contact with the installation contractor to know of arrangements to perform needed services. Each time we call Lowe’s they could never get contractor to answer or respond to email or messages. Another primary reason for making the purchase was that we were off work for the week and could make better arrangements for contractor to do required installation, we held up on any possible trips or outings in order to be available if needed.

After four (4) attempts to communicate with their ONLY contractor and 6 days later we reluctantly felt it best to seek a refund. The refund was returned without any negative experience and an apology was given from Lowe’s associate. This was appreciated but as a customer I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in losing out on this purchase and the opportunity we lost in of possibly other activities which we could have enjoyed while on vacation. This experience will reflect on any large appliance purchases consideration for us in the future. Regards Michael from Reidville

Original review: July 5, 2019

Horrible - just a complete nightmare! I have applied for fencing job in April 2019 - did not get an appointment for installment until middle of May. The contractor called me and said that Lowe's didn't pay them so they were not coming to do the job! Family business! Lowe's called BOOK A CREW. This contractor scheduled an appointment in June then cancel stating that Lowe's didn't pay for other jobs that they did and therefore cancel! Lowe's had no comment!!! Just refunded my money. Keep in mind Lowe's don't have any concerns for their customers. Just a waste. Outside contractors who don't get paid by Lowe's but yet Lowe's charge your account.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I have bought 2 different tools from Lowe's, both Kobalt. One was a shovel and the other a 25' measuring tape. I use the Morehead KY store. I would remind you to remember the Lowe's policy on Kobalt... "Hassle Free Returns on Kobalt Tools". The first experience was on the shovel. The handle got bent so I went to the store for a replacement and was met with excuse after excuse that the shovel was not under warranty and after talking with a store manager, I got my shovel replaced. The second one was today with the tape measure. The blade broke and after going in for a replacement, Lowe's advised that the tape was not under Kobalt's warranty. It only came with a 90 day satisfaction guarantee and that the policy was implemented last year at some point. That was not the case when I bought the tape.

What I have noticed with this Lowe's in particular, is they stock a lot of junk and will not stand behind it. When Lowe's opened this store, their merchandise was good, now after being in business for several years now, the tool quality has gone downhill. I use power tools every day and all the Kobalt tools we have, have turned out to be junk... Now Lowe's has gotten Craftsman line of tools now. These are not the same quality Craftsman tools that we have been accustomed to seeing from Sears. We purchased a Craftsman skill saw and with making less than 24 cuts, the saw began cutting out of square. After inspecting the saw we found a few problems and eventually had to stop using the saw and switch to another non-Craftsman saw.

Also off the subject of tools, do yourself a favor when shopping Lowe's for lumber. They buy some of their wood from other local or nearby lumber yards and resale them. I found this out after pricing some deck boards and screws. I was quoted a price of over $600 for my material. Upon finding out they buy lumber from another store, I called that store and priced the exact same material for about $150.00 less than Lowe's. This Lowe's is turning into a Walmart. A lot of items they stock is pathetic at best. My advise is to shop elsewhere for your items if at all possible. Lowe's is a JOKE!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I went into Lowe’s kitchen area and a lady named Elizabeth helped me order cabinets for our mudroom. She provided the best customer service one could render. She involved Alex the manager who was also kind and courtesy. If you are looking for a knowable Salesperson and are in need of cabinets please don’t waste your time. See Elizabeth, she will take care of you. James

Original review: July 3, 2019

I had a return/exchange on an item. I was told to go back to get the product for exchange which they didn’t have. There was a line of customers when I got back to customer service desk and I ended up with a witch employee named April. I asked if she could order in the product for pick-up after she checked other stores. She got belligerent apparently asking her to do her job was too much. She gave me all kinds of runaround excuses not knowing I had been a 10 year customer and knew better. So I made the comment that I should have went to a competitor for better customer service after tolerating her behavior longer than I should have. She continued with her ranting arguing with me, using fighting words attempting to provoke me walking the fine line of a “menacing” charge. I told her to give me money, she insulted me saying “ because I didn’t get what I wanted I was behaving like a baby”.

I simply asked for a product replacement and since it was not in stock for it to be ordered in. Long story short she slapped the cash in my hand again walking the fine line of an “assault” charge. I have never dealt with a despicable employee of her nature in all the years I had been a customer at Lowe's in New Center Point, nor will I be returning there until April is terminated. If those are the values that Lowe's looks for in potential hired labor then they are not worth doing business with unless you enjoy being insulted and argued with employees like April.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Ordered a drill Sunday, went to pick it up Monday evening. Waited ten minutes for someone to come to the counter. I pressed the call button and asked a girl putting returns away; she called for help twice. The computer told them it had been picked but the girl couldn’t find it. Lots of looking, then she sent a young man to search. After thirty minutes I decide to go back to help. The young man wasn’t there - who knows how long ago he abandoned the search. I couldn’t find the drill (don’t know if their inventory practices work for them, but to have everything randomly shoved into high racks does not seem efficient...and in this case was not).

I have to say, I have been getting increasingly irritated with Lowe’s. Saturday morning they have one cashier. There were 12 people in line, no supervisor around. This was my first and last pick up order (oh, they couldn’t find the order for the guy next to me either) and I am moving on over to the Home Depot to spend my money.

Original review: July 2, 2019

An employee at the Customer service in Lowe's 888 Hebron Rd Heath, OH 43056, Store #0708 was really mean, her name is ** and she told me "Get out in my store now" even after I told her that I have depression. Other customers are looking at me. She was so mean to a customer like me. I feel like she discriminate me because she's unfair, unequal treatment of an individual like me because she's nice to the other customers. If she did it to me, she can also do it to the other customer.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I purchased an entry door and storm door with installation. After installation, there is a large scratch on the storm door, damage to the entry door so that the oak finish is partially white now, the deadbolt hole in the frame is so large that there is only about 1/4 inch of wood to hold back an intruder (also the screw for the cover is right next to the hole so it is not secure, either). The installer came back out on 6/18/19 and said they would send information to Lowe's for resolution. I called Lowe's last week and they did not know what was happening. I called again today (7/2/19) and they still did not have any information or idea what was happening. I was told a manager would call me back. I called the installer and they said they did send the repair request to Lowe's on 6/18/19 at 2:14 pm.

I just called the Lowe's customer care line and the man who answered was helpful, and logged an official complaint with reference number, however, again I am told a manager will call me within one business day to resolve the issues. I explained that I am spending an inordinate amount of time on this trying to get someone to do something and that I am unhappy with a door which may not hold back an intruder due to the large deadbolt hole and lack of substantial wood to hold the bolt. I still do not know if anyone from Lowe's is going to actually do something about this. I do know that I would not purchase another door from them and once my 18 month financing is paid for on the doors, I will cancel and close the credit card and shop at Menards.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I purchased new flooring from Lowe's with contract installation. The job started on MAY 5th and just ended on JULY 1st. It was to be a 2 day 3 day job at most. HORRIBLE communications from everyone at Lowe's and the installation contractor. No one seems to talk internally, and everything has to be "reprocessed" before moving on to the next mistake without resolution. If you have hours of extra time to spend on the phone talking to everyone and their brother at Lowe's, and don't mind being told two different stories each time you call----go ahead and buy something that needs installed.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Update on previous post from yesterday: Tub was delivered this morning at 9:00 am, which I was beyond excited! We took it out of the box immediately and the tub was cracked and scratched in multiple places. The tub does not weigh very much so there had to have been some major tossing around during delivery for that to happen. I called Lowe's and they said to email the vendor pictures of the tub and the vendor would call me immediately. This was hours ago, I haven't heard from the vendor and had to scramble to find another tub as renovations continue to get delayed because of this order. Long story short, I had to settle for a tub because it was available rather than get a tub I really want.

I called Lowe's and asked that the damaged tub be picked up and we be fully refunded. They said since it was a "special order", which I ordered it online so I guess that means it's a special order, I might have to take it back to a store myself but they were going to put in a request to have it picked up. I'm 7 months pregnant and do not have a truck, which is why I had it delivered to my home. If they're going to deliver damaged items, then the customer should not have to haul a large item to the store for refund. This entire order has been a complete fiasco and has been a complete waste of time and energy. I can no longer buy from Lowe's.

Original Review: The past two times I ordered online through Lowe's the delivery process has been an absolute fiasco. I ordered a washing machine months ago, The delivery company said it would be delivered between a certain time. The delivery company called well before our scheduled time, and since I wasn't expecting it, I wasn't around my phone as I was in a work meeting. The delivery company said they waited 15-20 minutes which also was not true because my husband had come home at lunch and arrived about 2 minutes after they called, and they were not there. They wouldn't come back to deliver the washing machine, I had to reschedule, which the next available delivery wasn't for days.

More recently I ordered a bathtub to have delivered to my house. When I ordered, it said it would be delivered by July 1st. When the tub was shipped, I received a confirmation email saying my item would be delivered soon. I called Lowe's on July 1st to confirm it would be delivered. The customer service rep contacted the vendor and they said it would get delivered that day. 7:30 pm rolls around, and the delivery still hadn't come. I called Lowe's again but the vendor was on the East Coast and was closed. So I called Lowe's for a third time the following morning. I was then told that I was supposed to have called the vendor to set-up delivery. However, NONE of my confirmation emails communicated I was supposed to set-up delivery. Then I was told they tried calling and emailing me but the phone number was an invalid number.

I checked my confirmation and the number listed was correct. Come to find out, the vendor had a completely wrong area code?? I also did not receive any emails, I checked through my inbox and junk mail. So now I have to wait another day for the delivery which delays renovations. If you order a larger item online and don't need it by a particular date, then order through them. But if you're expecting to receive it when promised, don't be disappointed when the delivery process turns into a huge hassle and you have to waste time calling Lowe's multiple times to find your order.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information