Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Every time, I end up regretting when I purchase anything with extended warranty from another few major companies who are Lowe's competitor and I tell myself that I will never do it again. Lowe's customer service is truly the best... they maybe not be perfect & I do get someone who is not willing to assist once a while... but overall, you cannot find a better customer service than Lowe's. Recently, my few years old fridge started having an issue in my OBX vacation home. Using the extended warranty, I called the 3rd party contractor provided by Lowe's. After a month or so, they missed the appointment saying that repairman was not feeling good (repairman called & told us he was on his way but never showed up)... We called the repair agency and was told that there is no more appointment for another 6 month (at Lowe's competitor, with a similar issue we were told that is nothing they can do & to keep contacting the manufacture).

We called Lowe's 800 customer service & opened a case and a week later a manager called and issued full credit and this was not the first time that Lowe's helped us.. There have been various occasions that Lowe's came thru and helped us. Compare this with Lowe's direct competitor and another location which gives you two weeks to return things and has the worst customer service ever.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Lowe’s selection of basic tools, equipment, and basic building and growing supplies is consistently good. Things I buy there don’t fall apart or fail to do the job. There are no specialty items or bells and whistles - nothing trendy or fancy. We probably go to Lowe’s 30 times a year for big and small items. I have 2 suggestions: More training for staff so they can answer questions with more authority. Often the answer I hear is; "I don't know. I just started." Consider Apple stores as your model for how to offer one-on-one expert advice. 2) Offer in-store demos on how to do various projects and answer questions.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2020

The quarantine has changed how we shop. Lowe's has risen to the occasion by having drive-up pick-up of orders & online shopping orders. The store was always clean, but now when you go in, you smell the clean as staff are busily cleaning carts, keypads, handrails. All surfaces. Clearly marked 6ft distances for the cash stands, sneeze guards for the cashiers, hands free check out. A cashier scans the products from the cart then you offer payment, you really only need to touch what you place in the cart.

We have no mandatory masking in Columbus Ohio, but they politely & kindly insist all customers wear them. There has been a concerted effort to keep customers and staff safe, while still allowing me to browse the multitude of products if I need to find some home repair or decor item that I am not sure of. They are still there to assist as always. Home Depot had been my favorite in California, but here in Ohio, at this time of deep upheaval, Lowe's has met the challenge, and it is appreciated.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Lowe's Home Improvement Stores are the best because they have a great selection, great prices and things are easy to find. On top of that, if you need help with anything an associate is close by to help you or has asked if you need anything. From lumber to plants the price and quality is there. When buying an appliance they tell you when it will be in if the one you want isn't in stock. I also like that they give a discount to veterans and they have veteran parking. Some other chains help the veterans in a different forum but, Lowe's helps the common man at the store level and that says a lot about how they do business.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Shopped dishwashers. Selected, paid. Waiting for delivery info. All done online, comparing with other companies. Finally found one with features I need and price seemed fair. Checkout was accomplished after a few false moves. Only issue is I don't have a timeline for delivery - have to wait for their texted updates, due to "unusually busy sales of appliances". I can't find a plumber until I have a delivery date. Then I may need to wait for that installation appointment and have NO room to store DW, meanwhile. Also: I am out the total price, having already paid. I'd rather pay at delivery or JUST before and continue to earn paltry interest on my hundreds of dollars.

Original review: May 17, 2021

My husband and I purchased custom vinyl impact windows & doors from Lowe's on 4/25/2020. Our first mistake was agreeing to pay in full up front (Lowe's required). The windows & doors were ordered from Eastern Architectural Systems. We were told it would take up to 4-6 weeks. On 6/11/20 we were notified the windows were at the store & install co would contact us with apt. We were notified of delivery for 6/22/20, waited all day with no delivery. After multiple attempts to reach someone at store level to find out the status, we were finally told by Asst Mgr. that our windows were ordered incorrectly and will need to be remeasured & reordered. After a lot of back & forth, we were told the doors were at least the right size & could be put in. We were notified of delivery of doors for 6/30/20, again a no show.

Finally received the delivery of doors on 7/8/20, but not without an issue. Apparently the delivery person gave our paperwork to another delivery party on their route with all our personal information on it. That customer contacted me to inform me of the mistake. On 7/9/20 they came out to install the sliding glass doors, only to discover Lowe's ordered one of the doors to open on the wrong side. A new door was ordered in the meantime. Keep in mind, these are all custom windows, doors & transoms. We also discovered the permit Lowe's ordered was incorrect as well. We went to the store to speak with the Mgr. in the Install Dept. to go over all the details again so there wouldn't be any more mistakes and have them submit changes for the permit.

In the meantime, we have made multiple attempts to speak to the Store Mgr. in person and through customer service. He avoided us like the plague. When we did briefly speak to him on the phone, he insisted he would contact us weekly regarding the process and we would be compensated at the end for all their mistakes. Never heard from him again, and later was told he left the company. The install co. returned multiple times for minor repairs and had to reorder the screen doors that didn't function properly. Multiple delays in the delivery of the windows and the replacement door.

We finally received the windows & they installed them on 10/2/20. More problems yet again. Two of the windows opened in the wrong direction and needed to be reordered for a 2nd time. While installing, we noticed the transom windows were being installed above the windows & we contracted for them to be installed below the full windows. Luckily we caught it before they got too far into the install. Poor communication by Lowe's and their staff & contractors. It took until 12/30/20 for the replacement windows & doors to be installed. After install, we discovered the trim pieces that hold the screens in place were missing on 2 of the window frames. We contacted Lowes again multiple times and still have not heard from anyone regarding the status. Two separate times we were told a new work order was placed & then told they were never ordered.

Today, I spoke with the install Dept. at Lowe's who put me on hold while inquiring on the status. Again, no order was made & I immediately asked to speak to the manager. He did not get on the phone, but relayed a message that they will order new screens for the windows. I'm not in need of new screens, I merely need the vinyl trim that hold the screen in place. This job still hasn't been closed with the building dept. after 13 months because of Lowe's multiple mistakes. I will never again recommend Lowe's. I hope we can get this resolved sometime soon so we can be done with them once and for all! They haven't heard the last of us yet.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Hardie siding installed. Get everything in writing. Do not take salesperson's word for anything. In my case, several items that were promised weren't done. They indicated a certain contractor, but then brought in contractor that didn't speak English. Unfortunately the legal system, in my option, virtual impossible to remedy. OH, and the sales person then becomes the project manager, great expertise.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I purchased a dishwasher from Lowe's and had it installed by one of their installers Simple Resolutions in Dallas, Texas. I had a dishwasher installed on 4/23 and discovered later that night that there was no insulation panel surrounding the dishwasher. I reached out to Lowe's and they said all they can do is have the installer come back out and look at it. When the installer got around to coming back out a week later on 5/3, he lied and said the dishwasher did not come with insulation. I called and spoke with the manufacturer Bosch and they confirmed that they do provide an insulation panel with all of their dishwashers. I called Lowe's again and they said they would reach out to the store that the dishwasher came from and get back with me.

A day or two later someone else from Lowe's called and said they were still waiting to hear from the store and someone from Lowe's would call me back in a day or two with an update (this was either on 5/4 or 5/5). And I still don't know what the store was even supposed to do about it since the insulation panel is provided by the manufacturer. After waiting the rest of the week I called Lowe's back on Saturday 5/8 and explained that I was waiting to hear back from them about a dishwasher installation that had been done incorrectly.

The person I spoke with said all she could do was put in a work order to have the installer come back out and see what needed to be done about it. I explained that the installer had already been back out for this issue and had made the claim that there was no insulation for the dishwasher provided by the manufacturer and that I had already confirmed with the manufacturer that there should be an insulation panel. She still insisted that the only thing she could do was put in a work order and then go from there. What was the point of having the same person come out for a third time and tell me the same lie again?

I finally insisted on speaking to a manager and spoke to a manager named Rose. Rose at first insisted she would have to place a work order to have the installer come back out. I argued that there is no sense in sending them out again since they had already been out for this and I had already confirmed with the manufacturer there should be insulation. I also said I did not want the same installer coming out that had messed up and lied about it in the first place. Why should Lowe's continue to work with Simple Resolutions if they don't know what they're doing and lie about something as simple as an insulation panel? She finally said that she would have to call the manufacturer herself to confirm that they do provide an insulation panel. She then said that the manufacturers are not open on weekends and she would reach out to them on Monday and I would hear back from her Tuesday 5/11.

I explained again that I had already been waiting a week for a follow up call from Lowes and I had low expectations that she would actually follow up with me. I also let her know I would not be calling Lowe's back again and they would not be getting any money from me until this is installed correctly. She assured me that I would hear back from her and now a week later 5/15 I still have not had anyone follow up with me. I've got a dishwasher I can't use and I'm not paying for until it's installed correctly. Lowe's can either fix it or come and collect their dishwasher as far as I'm concerned.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Project ran over budget due to mismanagement and they were late in delivery and install and wrong items and finally due to their lack of competency of keeping an environment safe, mom fell broke her hip during their install as they left their stuff laying around. Months in hospital. Would not recommend them.

Original review: May 14, 2021

HORRIBLE..Paid for top carpet and installed they didn't even connect it to the tack board (and did not replace 30 year old tack board). We called Lowe's. They refused to fix it saying it was installed in 2019 when it was installed a year ago 2020..Their most expensive carpet and they only guarantee it for one year..Since we are really careful with the carpet we would have not known except the guy putting a new floor in our kitchen (BUTTED UP TO IT) and he showed us it was not secured down and it was old tack strip..Avoid Lowe's and really avoid their installers..Pathetic $ 8000. Later

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information