Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

My advice to anyone is to AVOID ordering appliances with Lowe's. I placed a big appliance order on August 27, 2021. After a year, the refrigerator delivery kept getting rescheduled (holding the other appliances up). I called to inquire and they said the refrigerator was "in route" from the manufacturer. My delivery date changed over 10 times. I called and visited the local store to inquire on the order multiple times and no one could help.

When I inquired further and escalated the issue a customer service rep discovered that the refrigerator was lost at their warehouse. Though it showed the manufacturer shipped the refrigerator, it could not be found. Lowes reordered and they have dropped the ball on the order again, the order may not be in until November of 2022. In addition, Lowes attempts to charge your credit card every 7 days to make sure funds are available. I have multiple, substantial orders and the charges are marked as fraud every time. With the backordered items, this weekly charge hold is not feasible.

This ordering process has been poor and it has put me in a huge bind. I offered to pay in advance to make sure that my order is not affected by my bank rejecting the credit card holds every 7 days. Customer Service is poor, the local store does not respond. Lowes is disorganized, unprofessional and the customer does not come first. This has been disappointing all around and this treatment should not be tolerated by consumers. First Refrigerator Order: **. Second Refrigerator Order: **

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

It’s been 2 years with several claims & a Promise for a Full refund & NOTHING, as to date!!! Our refrigerator, has been NOT working for “5” WEEKS!!! Numerous phone calls, & ALL I receive is the Philippines. Again, Rhetoric & Rhetoric!!! I’m being kind, LIES & More LIES!!! Have even called the Company who sold us the product & They're Angry!!! Will NEVER buy another LG product again. We have “Several” in our home.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Purchased a GE Washer/Dryer from Lowe's with setup included. Plagued with delivery problems - 3rd party excuse. "Installed" venting was crushed and 220 cord was hooked up wrong sending electricity thru dryer frame. Fire and lucky my husband wasn't killed.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Spent an entire Saturday waiting for my refrigerator to be delivered. They never showed up. They never called. When we finally got a hold of someone, they told us we have to reschedule. Do Not Shop here.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

We purchased an air conditioning unit from Lowe's online. We needed it installed and we paid an additional (costly) fee for installation. However, after the unit was installed, the cord could not reach the special outlet we have - so we needed it to be uninstalled and returned to the store. This process was absolutely time consuming and very frustrating. They kept sending 1 technician for a 2 technician job - and without a suitable work vehicle to transport it back to the store. The technicians work with their own personal cars which were too small to transport the unit.

Lowe's outsources their installation to a company called Handy. To rectify this problem, it took numerous calls to Handy (and over 1 month of communication) where we spoke to individuals in India and the Philippines - each time with their technicians getting an incorrect work order. Finally - to simply get this problematic situation done - we had to assist the 1 technician (who was sent AGAIN) with the uninstall ourselves AND we had to use our own vehicle to transport the unit back to the store. These practices are very unfair to the consumers who spend their hard earned money; and these large companies should be held accountable for their decisions when outsourcing a service and the consumer suffers the consequences.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

After multiple phone calls and text messages we have yet to have the fence installed. The panels were available back in June but now all they say is they are not in yet. Never going with Lowe's again. They are horrible.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Purchased a defective riding mower approx July 29, 2022. Have had pickup of tractor scheduled 4 times. Called Robinson Twp. Store manager. Called corporate at least 12 times. May or may not pickup day 5.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Lowe's in Knoxville, Tennessee prepares the contract and basically just provides materials to subcontractors who do the work. We needed new gutters and minor soffit repair. But in my case, Lowe's told us we needed new soffits. When you're talking to a professional, you listen to them. I'm not a construction specialist, I have to rely in good faith on the integrity of the person I'm dealing with. So we signed the contract and paid a lot of money upfront (which, if you live in Tennessee, you don't have to do under our consumer laws, but for various reasons that's the decision I made). The subcontractor on my job did very well with communication and follow-through.

But one thing they let me know right off the bat was that Lowe's was hard to deal with. Other subcontractors refuse to deal with them. They actually had a person on their team whose job was specifically dealing with Lowe's customers. I guess Lowe's throws them enough business to make it worth their while, but they were always apologetic that I had signed that contract. They didn't say it, but I sensed they knew I'd been ripped off. Anyway, the crew they sent out looked at the products Lowe's had left behind, looked up at our soffits, and pointed out that the soffits were in good shape. Perfect shape, no defects except for two weather-beaten areas that could be cheaply fixed and were in no need of replacement.

Lowe's had not, believe it or not, left any materials that would help them to do the wood repair ("wood repair" was literally written in the contract details). The crew had to go out and buy it themselves. And we had to provide them with the paint necessary to finish that small aspect of the job. Then the subcontractor crew - again, no relation to Lowe's - did a great job of installing the gutters. The day after they finished, I called Lowe's to pick up all that stuff, still packed in boxes, that hadn't been needed after all, upon a professional inspection by the subcontractors crew. They sent a truck out the next morning.

They picked up all the boxes and took them back. When I spoke to the Lowe's representative about the pick-up, she told me I would get a cash refund for the unused products since I had paid in full for the project. A few days after the products were returned, I spoke to a manager at Lowe's who deals with customer product refunds on installation. HE ALSO TOLD ME I WOULD GET A CASH REFUND for the products that had been returned, and he was looking at the products, would get the amount totaled, and get back to me. The next week he had not. I called back, and after several dropped calls, a manager named Chris said he basically wasn't so sure now. Then the guy who sold me the installation and products, Jeff, called me and said, those products were never mine.

They were something called "overflow" and I was not entitled to a refund. He said I had never paid for them. This was after two other persons, including a person in a managerial position at Lowe's told me I'd be refunded for those products which had been figured into the cost of the very expensive project. I bet they didn't pay the installation crew 10% of what they made off that deal, and I hope they need whatever they profited off it for emergency expenses someday.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I would give a -10 if I could. My email to them pretty much sums it up regarding shoddy work on a $50K kitchen remodel last year. They don't stand behind shoddy work when it's more than 1 year old....I was 2 months past the expiration date!!! Well, I can't say I'm surprised even though that's NOT what you (Desiree) told me in person when I said it was over a year. You guys haven't stood behind and made right any of the screw ups that happened during my six month project.

This is officially it. Lowe's will never ever see another dime of my money and if I know of anyone looking to use a big box company for any type of home improvement (I'm in the real estate business) I will tell them to steer clear of Lowes as they hire contractors who do shoddy work then don't stand behind repairs. I also noticed the very critical review I gave your store last year has been removed from your the Maple Grove reviews. I guess I'll just have to write another one and mention my first review was removed! I'm also going to write a letter to directly to Schuler to let them know how you guys treat "their" customers.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Two separate orders for custom doors. On one order: One door was MIA, had to be re-ordered. Re-ordered door came in but was the wrong width. Ordered again. Re-ordered door came in with the wrong style. Ordered again. Months and months of delay. One another order: Two doors were the wrong width. Re-ordered.

When these came in, they were the wrong height. Ordered again. Installers removed one of the working doors, so now missing three! Still waiting for these doors after over 5 months delay.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information