Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Every time, I end up regretting when I purchase anything with extended warranty from another few major companies who are Lowe's competitor and I tell myself that I will never do it again. Lowe's customer service is truly the best... they maybe not be perfect & I do get someone who is not willing to assist once a while... but overall, you cannot find a better customer service than Lowe's. Recently, my few years old fridge started having an issue in my OBX vacation home. Using the extended warranty, I called the 3rd party contractor provided by Lowe's. After a month or so, they missed the appointment saying that repairman was not feeling good (repairman called & told us he was on his way but never showed up)... We called the repair agency and was told that there is no more appointment for another 6 month (at Lowe's competitor, with a similar issue we were told that is nothing they can do & to keep contacting the manufacture).

We called Lowe's 800 customer service & opened a case and a week later a manager called and issued full credit and this was not the first time that Lowe's helped us.. There have been various occasions that Lowe's came thru and helped us. Compare this with Lowe's direct competitor and another location which gives you two weeks to return things and has the worst customer service ever.

Original review: July 6, 2020

The quarantine has changed how we shop. Lowe's has risen to the occasion by having drive-up pick-up of orders & online shopping orders. The store was always clean, but now when you go in, you smell the clean as staff are busily cleaning carts, keypads, handrails. All surfaces. Clearly marked 6ft distances for the cash stands, sneeze guards for the cashiers, hands free check out. A cashier scans the products from the cart then you offer payment, you really only need to touch what you place in the cart.

We have no mandatory masking in Columbus Ohio, but they politely & kindly insist all customers wear them. There has been a concerted effort to keep customers and staff safe, while still allowing me to browse the multitude of products if I need to find some home repair or decor item that I am not sure of. They are still there to assist as always. Home Depot had been my favorite in California, but here in Ohio, at this time of deep upheaval, Lowe's has met the challenge, and it is appreciated.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Lowe's Home Improvement Stores are the best because they have a great selection, great prices and things are easy to find. On top of that, if you need help with anything an associate is close by to help you or has asked if you need anything. From lumber to plants the price and quality is there. When buying an appliance they tell you when it will be in if the one you want isn't in stock. I also like that they give a discount to veterans and they have veteran parking. Some other chains help the veterans in a different forum but, Lowe's helps the common man at the store level and that says a lot about how they do business.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Shopped dishwashers. Selected, paid. Waiting for delivery info. All done online, comparing with other companies. Finally found one with features I need and price seemed fair. Checkout was accomplished after a few false moves. Only issue is I don't have a timeline for delivery - have to wait for their texted updates, due to "unusually busy sales of appliances". I can't find a plumber until I have a delivery date. Then I may need to wait for that installation appointment and have NO room to store DW, meanwhile. Also: I am out the total price, having already paid. I'd rather pay at delivery or JUST before and continue to earn paltry interest on my hundreds of dollars.

Original review: May 13, 2020

My dishwasher broke on Sunday morning. I went to Lowe's Sunday around noon. Got expert service (but also knew what I was looking for) and within 3 hours of the purchase had the install scheduled for 2 days later. Gary from Site & Sound Installation, Inc. came on time, wore protective gear and was professional, respectful and super pleasant. He had to get creative with the install condition he found at my house and would not stop until he achieved a perfect result although it took longer than I am sure he had planned. I am highly satisfied and wish I could give him even more stars. He deserves all of them! Great job!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Made a special order for a door. Tried to look up status on line, would not give update. Tried calling store multiple times would only ring ring, then disconnect me.

I tried again, same result. Got on chat online, said cannot look up order, to call store. Called Lowe's customer service 800 number, got recording, put on hold for 24 minutes, then got disconnected. Truly lousy customer service... The store in question is Corpus Christi. Time to find a different place to shop! If I could give them star rating less than one, I would...

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

The electric carts for disabled shoppers are in poor condition and they do not have enough to meet the need. The employees improperly block the isle ways with things like the ladder, online orders, etc.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

We just bought the last four boxes of "Carpet Squares" chestnut color from Lowe's Prescott AZ on 12/30/2020. As I installed it, I found slight color variations in the product but my wife said it was OK and that she could live with it! After completing just over half of the room and started on the third box the variation got worst but because there was no more product available and we live about an hour away from the store I finished the room. Upon completion, I am disappointed with the appearance of the room and took some pictures and called the store to speak with the store manager Dennis ** to see what could be done to rectify the situation. He was not available according to the "Front-end manager", who told me that my issue was with the manufacturer and that the store could not and would not be able to do anything. How is that for customer service, they take the money and pass the "buck"!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I used the Lowe's Home Improvement website to purchase a Kobalt snowblower. Due to my circumstances, I need a lightweight snowblower. Lowe's Home Improvement did not have such a snowblower in any of their stores, however, they did have one on their website. The snowblower requires chargeable batteries for operation, also for sale on the website. I purchased the snowblower and batteries. Note that the picture for the batteries included a picture of the battery charger. When the items arrives, there was no battery charger. That was frustrating enough. To add to the frustration:

* Not one of the stores has the Kobalt 40v charger needed to charge the batteries.

* When I went on to the website to purchase the charger and put Kobalt 40v charger into the search, a different charger popped up which does NOT work for the Kobalt batteries.

Basically, Lowe's sells the snowblower and batteries, however, does NOT have the charger needed to charge the batteries. That, in my opinion, is an epic FAIL on Lowe's part. If the charger is no longer available, then take the other items off of the website or have some sort of notification with a suggestion as to how to get the batteries.

The only reason I am giving two stars rather than one for this review is because of the staff in the store I went to. They were friendly and tried to be as helpful as they could before realizing that the Kobalt 40v battery charger is not available for purchase at Lowe's. If it weren't for them, this would be a one star review. I was able to finally get the charger through another company, but it really should have been available with the batteries I needed to purchase to operate the snowblower.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

$29.99 late fee on $53. I'm sorry but I refuse to do business that profits off people that dont have money. Especially in this time and age. My list is growing. Corporations HAVE GOT TO GO. You lost a customer.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information