Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Every time, I end up regretting when I purchase anything with extended warranty from another few major companies who are Lowe's competitor and I tell myself that I will never do it again. Lowe's customer service is truly the best... they maybe not be perfect & I do get someone who is not willing to assist once a while... but overall, you cannot find a better customer service than Lowe's. Recently, my few years old fridge started having an issue in my OBX vacation home. Using the extended warranty, I called the 3rd party contractor provided by Lowe's. After a month or so, they missed the appointment saying that repairman was not feeling good (repairman called & told us he was on his way but never showed up)... We called the repair agency and was told that there is no more appointment for another 6 month (at Lowe's competitor, with a similar issue we were told that is nothing they can do & to keep contacting the manufacture).

We called Lowe's 800 customer service & opened a case and a week later a manager called and issued full credit and this was not the first time that Lowe's helped us.. There have been various occasions that Lowe's came thru and helped us. Compare this with Lowe's direct competitor and another location which gives you two weeks to return things and has the worst customer service ever.

Original review: July 6, 2020

The quarantine has changed how we shop. Lowe's has risen to the occasion by having drive-up pick-up of orders & online shopping orders. The store was always clean, but now when you go in, you smell the clean as staff are busily cleaning carts, keypads, handrails. All surfaces. Clearly marked 6ft distances for the cash stands, sneeze guards for the cashiers, hands free check out. A cashier scans the products from the cart then you offer payment, you really only need to touch what you place in the cart.

We have no mandatory masking in Columbus Ohio, but they politely & kindly insist all customers wear them. There has been a concerted effort to keep customers and staff safe, while still allowing me to browse the multitude of products if I need to find some home repair or decor item that I am not sure of. They are still there to assist as always. Home Depot had been my favorite in California, but here in Ohio, at this time of deep upheaval, Lowe's has met the challenge, and it is appreciated.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Lowe's Home Improvement Stores are the best because they have a great selection, great prices and things are easy to find. On top of that, if you need help with anything an associate is close by to help you or has asked if you need anything. From lumber to plants the price and quality is there. When buying an appliance they tell you when it will be in if the one you want isn't in stock. I also like that they give a discount to veterans and they have veteran parking. Some other chains help the veterans in a different forum but, Lowe's helps the common man at the store level and that says a lot about how they do business.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

We remodeled our kitchen and bought new appliances, etc. and need to replace our backsplash. We had a stick adhesive backsplash that looked terrible. We went to Lowes and found just what we needed and it was so reasonable. Our sales clerk was very helpful and informative and we found just what we wanted. We ordered it and then it was installed a couple of weeks later. We had the most competent and awesome installed. His name was Ricardo and he does fabulous work. He was fast efficient and got it done in a day and it looks beautiful. His work was flawless and the job has enhanced our kitchen décor so much. Thanks to Lowes in the Norton Common area on hwy 22 and to Ricardo for a great job. We are happy customers.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Shopping for countertops, we started at Home Depot...because it was the first store we came to. However, I’d had a great experience at our Minnesota Lowe’s store buying countertops so, when I needed them in our Arizona home, I went directly to my local Carefree, AZ store. I worked with Iris to come up with a plan and I selected a Silestone product. I was thrilled with my choice and that it fit into my tight budget. After all, Lowe’s quoted prices included installation (except for cutting a sink opening). Like in my Minnesota experience, this was deciding factor for me.

An outside installer was scheduled to do official measurements at our home. They came. They left. A week later Iris called to say there would be an additional installation charge of over $1000! I was crestfallen. I was also angry that installation would be that much more when installation was included! The explanation was that additional structure was required to bear the weight of the Silestone. I cancelled my order. Iris was the BEST to work with but, though she could explain the policies and be somewhat flexible with the Lowe’s prices, she couldn’t convince the installer to waive all his add-ons.

Next, I considered the composite granite. We found one that was similar to the Silestone and in an affordable bracket. Again, I paid and moved forward with the order. A new installation company was sent to our home. After all measurements were taken, again we were notified of a substantial upcharge! This time, we were told that the upcharge was to cover the expense of added structure under the countertops due to a garden window. Iris did all she could to fight for us but the installer would not absorb the additional charges.

Though I was angry and very disappointed, I was tired of the entire futile and frustrating experience by this time and decided to just drop everything and live with my old, out-of-date Formica countertops. Iris and I selected a date when I could meet her at the store to process another refund. That morning, Iris met me up front at the customer care desk. Franz, Iris’s supervisor joined her to process the large refund. I waited on a bench off to the side. After several minutes, Franz and Iris came out and approached me. Franz apologized for my wait but explained that the decision had been made on behalf on Lowe's to provide the countertops and installation at the price I had already paid! I was so shocked that I cried! I was thankful that I chased down my husband to share the good news. My husband’s response was this: “I guess this makes it clear that Lowe’s is our go-to place for home improvement from now on.” So be it!

The follow up is that, about a month later, the guys arrived to install the new countertops. The installers were so fun, professional, efficient and fast. I love the finished product! Our friends have been so complimentary. I have a bright, light kitchen. It's just as I’d hoped. Fun fact: No added structure was required to support my countertops when the old were removed to reveal what was there.

Kathy

Rio Verde, AZ

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Bought a water heater, paid to install it and it was defective. No hot water. I contacted warranty services who gave me the names of three plumbers to contact. 2 never called back. The other one would not come out. Said that the company do not pay them. I called up Lowe’s. They said to bring it back no problem. It was the Lowe’s from 84 in Davie. They never helped me. The managers were rude and one look at me and they decided not to help. Eric the manager. I left the store all stressed leaving the water heater and went to Home Depot. They treated me so well. An associate was with e the whole time got me a heater, put it in my truck within 15 mins, till now I am having hot water. I am a 69 year old woman. My husband with a heart problem. I explained this to them but they didn’t seem to care. Would never go back to that store ever. Home Depot staff was patient and understanding, kind and cared about me.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Made purchase of privacy fence and materials with offer of 6 months same as cash. Started paying down purchase only to find out they were already charging interest. Lowe's customer service said, "Be patient. We will get it fixed. It's due to Covid." Having patience understanding problems pandemic was causing. Now they say I am too late past their 60 day timeline. SCAM or what?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I purchased a refrigerator online from Lowes.com on 8/25/2020, which was delivered on 8/28/2020. Neither the refrigerator or freezer worked, never cooling at all. I contacted online customer service the next day to arrange having a replacement delivered. A replacement refrigerator was delivered on 9/1/20. I was unable to level the refrigerator due to the right-side leveling wheel being broken. I contacted Whirlpool customer service and arranged to have the refrigerator repaired. A technician was due to come out to my house on 9/4, but the repair company opted to order a part before the technician would be able to come out.

Once the part was received, a technician came out to my house on 9/10. While examining the refrigerator he noticed that a part had fallen out of the parts bag, needing the part to be reordered. Once the part was received AGAIN, a technician visited my home for a second time on 9/24. This technician stated that the refrigerator was un-repairable and appeared to have been dropped at some point.

I contacted Lowes online customer service requesting a different model. They had the store call me back, when I was told I needed to come in and purchase a new refrigerator. They advised that I would be credited for the old model once it was returned to the store. I visited the Norwalk, CT store and purchased a new refrigerator on 9/27. The new model was delivered on 9/1.

Upon delivery the driver noticed that there was a dent and scratch to the front of the refrigerator. I refused delivery and they returned to the store stating I would get a call back that evening. Getting no return call, I contacted the store the next day to arrange another refrigerator to be delivered. This replacement was delivered on 10/3. The driver notified me that there was a dent in the side of the refrigerator. I had enough at this point and accepted the refrigerator, noting on the delivery ticket the damage to the refrigerator. I attempted to contact the store on three occasions that to try and get some credit for the damage to the refrigerator without being able to speak to a live person. I was placed on hold each time, only to wait on hold for 20-30 minutes without anyone coming back on the line.

On 10/3 I again attempted to contact the store, unable to reach a live person no matter what option I chose. I then contacted the online customer service to find out when I would be receiving the credit for the refrigerator that was returned to the store. I was advised that the credit would take 7-14 days. Having not received any credit, I contacted online customer service once again on 10/17 to find out the status of my credit. They stated that an email would be sent to the store, having them call me back.

The store called me back on 10/18 telling me that they would process the refund for the entire sale. They stated it would take 7-10 days for the credit. I finally received a credit on 10/20 for the purchased amount, less the extended warranty. I again online contacted customer service inquiring why my credit was less than the purchase price. I was told once more that the store would call me back in 24-48 hours. After receiving no call back, I called customer service once again and was transferred to the extended warranty department. They processed a credit which can take 10 days. This whole episode has shown me how poor Lowes customer service really is. A customer should not have to call this many times to get a solution to a problem. I would never recommend shopping at Lowes as the customer service is horrible.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Lowe's charged me for materials I did not receive, charged me for work that was never competed. Salesman refused to give me an itemized receipt of materials and work performed. Paid $23000 for a $10000 job.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

A horrible, horrible experience. We replaced our carpets and my husband and I carefully selected the carpet style and color we wanted from Lowe's at Northlake Mall in Charlotte, NC. After waiting about 3 weeks the installers came this Tuesday and when I came home after work I immediately realized it was not at all the carpets we chose when we were in the store. The wrong carpets were installed and when my husband went to our local Lowe's at the Northlake Mall where he was told the carpets we wanted were not available and will not be available for months. Lowes then decided to pick a carpet WITHOUT TELLING OR CONSULTING US and have it installed.

I'm angry, appalled, upset and so disappointed! The person we worked with at Lowes (I just know his name is Rudy), offered my husband a $500 discount which added to my anger! He then said we can pretend an accident happened (I have no idea what this meant) and when our choice of carpet becomes available they will come to install it. This is OUTRAGEOUS. We own a business and we will not even think of replacing what customers bought with something of our own choice! In what universe does this happen??? I am disgusted by Lowes and also the reaction of the person we worked with.

UPDATE: So LOWES decided that they are not going to do anything - I just talked to a manager who REFUSED to discuss the issue. Just after Lowes installed THE WRONG CARPET my husband went to the store and someone said they will give us a $500 refund. A person said the original carpet we CHOSE was out of stock and made in Canada so they installed what they had available.

Today a really SNOTTY and RUDE manager told me they are not moving forward and we are stuck. She actually said WE CHOSE this and they installed which is a bold faced lie. She also hanged up on me and refused to discuss the issue. I asked her what the case number or reference number was and she pretended not to understand or to give me the info. We paid for a carpet Lowes decided to install and NOT what we chose. I know they LIED that they installed what we wanted as I specifically told the associate I wanted a Berber and they installed a loose pile carpet. They also offered a compensation and told us the carpet we chose was not available.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information