Lowe's Home Improvement
  • 1 star
Based on 447 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Lowe's Home Improvement

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

2109 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We recently flooded and had to replace all our appliances as well as everything in our home. I had originally ordered my refrigerator at Best Buy but the delivery date was almost a week after we were moving in. I called Lowe's to see if I could get it sooner from them. I was assured that they could get it delivered the day before we moved back in. It was still on sale for the same price as the other store. I ordered from Lowe's and cancelled my original order with the Best Buy. I received several emails confirming the delivery day and time.

The day before it was to be delivered, I received an email telling me that it was being delivered a day later. I called to confirm and was told it would be delivered a day later but they didn't have a time yet. The customer service lady even called the warehouse to see if she could get an estimated time. She said they confirmed the date but could not give her a delivery window yet and they would call on the day of delivery with a time window. The next day I got an email with a time window. The day of delivery I took off work to be there when they arrived and 1 hour before delivery time, I received a phone call telling me that it would not be delivered for a month and a half. I was in complete shock.

I told them I just received a email with a time and I had confirmed. She said there was nothing she could do. I call the original store, Best Buy, and found out from them that I could get delivery on my original order day but that the price had gone back up. I called Lowe's back and cancelled. I had to pay over $700 more because Lowe's is untrustworthy. They cost me money that I needed to put my house back together after flooding. I will not buy from them again. They promise things they cannot deliver just to make a sale.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I am a disabled US veteran and I build things for my friends and family for a few different reasons. Building and working on wood projects is relaxing for me and living on a disabled veteran income my budget is tight. I recently went to Lowe's to buy some lumber for a project that I was going to build for my daughter for Christmas. In the past as I have done so many times I use the free lumber cutting service at Lowe's as this makes transporting, handling much easier for me. I can understand that not having someone at the lumber cutting station is something that can happen, so I walked, well limped, back to the front of the store and requested some lumber be cut. As soon as the clerk took the first 2x4x8 and started measuring the cuts I needed out of that board, I knew he did not know what he was doing. He drew a line for the first 17" cut then from that line drew another line for the second 17" cut and so on down the entire length of the board.

Now as any skilled competent carpenter will tell you, you cannot do this! You have to measure then cut, measure then cut or else every length after the first will be inaccurate and I will have a bunch of useless lumber. As if that was not enough, the clerk then proceeded to tell me and I quote, "You know there is an extra charge for lumber cutting". I was exasperated, and told him to forget it, I would go to The Home Depot to buy and cut my Lumber and proceeded to return the lumber back in its bin location.

Now as if that was not enough, this disrespectful incompetent idiot did not even help me with returning the 2x4's and 2x6's to the bins. He stood there watching a 60 year old disabled veteran lift all the lumber back to its location. He then proceeds to add fuel to the already smoldering fire by saying and I quote again, "The Home Depot charges to cut lumber too".

As I am walking out the door I throw my hands in the air and state to a couple of clerks standing by the door "Since when did you guys start charging to cut lumber". The clerks say "We do not charge for lumber cutting it is a free service". What do I hear that bonehead say behind me, he lies and says "I said we may charge to cut lumber". I am so irate I have to leave before my serious PTSD causes me to snap. I have been a Lowe's charge card holder for some time now but I am seriously thinking of cutting up my card. If this is the caliber of professionalism employed at Lowe's, then I will have nothing to do with them. Very unhappy irate customer!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

On Nov. 16, 2017 we purchased a Samsung refrigerator which included removal of our present fridge, a waterline hose and a filter. On Nov. 11th delivery called at 11:00pm (we were sleeping) and left a message that we would receive the delivery between 9am - 11am. Unfortunately, we were sleeping and unaware that they had left a message so were already out of the house. When we finally noticed the message we went back & forth with delivery to resolve delivery time. In the meantime we were running around like fools to empty our fridge in preparation for the removal and delivery of the new one. As the day progressed they showed up at 2:30pm with the hose & filter only. Yes, a huge truck delivered a hose & filter.

I asked where the fridge was and they said maybe on another truck. The account continues to show everything as delivered and today (Dec. 8th) they told us we could expect the delivery sometime in Feb. 2018. We told Lowe's that we would return the hose & filter and cancel the order all together since we have already started paying for a refrigerator that we never received. This has been an awful experience! We will never order products from Lowe's again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I purchased Valspar paint for approximately $50.00. I purchased my paint from Lowe’s because of their return policy that I saw advertised on television saying that you could return your paint and either get a refund or a different can of paint if you were not happy with the paint. The paint I purchased was too shiny and not the correct color that I was wanting. I took the paint and my receipt to the store in North Ogden, Utah. I was told by customer service that they could not return VALSPAR paint, that I would have to go through the VALSPAR company. I asked them why their website and their advertising said I could return paint and get a refund or exchange. Nowhere on the site or advertisement did it say anything about VALSPAR being an exclusion to their policy. They kept saying, "Well it only covers the other types of paint, not VALSPAR."

They said I had to go through the VALSPAR company and try to get it resolved through them. Well, after looking at the VALSPAR information, that company wants me to purchase another can of paint from them and take pictures of my previous painting and then my final paint job and send it to them before I can get a refund on the first can I purchased. I would still be stuck with a can of paint that I no longer wanted, which I only bought from Lowe’s in the first place because of their advertised return policy. I feel CHEATED by their false advertising!!!

On a side note, my husband met me at Lowe’s to get some blinds for our rentals as I was trying to return the paint. He pushed the call button for help in the window coverings department, but no one ever came to help. He finally gave up, went to customer service where I was dealing with people without sense, and asked them if anybody worked there. What a joke of a place to shop. I didn't expect a large company like Lowe’s to have such shady workings.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

This store is top notch. I left Home Depot for not supporting Veterans and went to Lowe's. My Dad 80 yrs old tried to get his Veterans discount at Home Depot and denied him because he only had his Veterans medical card not a active ID. I told them he is 80 yrs old. How would he have a active ID. They did not care. Went to Lowe's my Dad now has his Veterans discount so I switched mine as well. It has been two years now and I could not be happier with this company. Products and Customer service have been outstanding and IMO blow away Home Depot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

We purchased a dishwasher from Lowe's and opted to have Lowe's install it. What a terrible decision. During the installation of the dishwasher, the installer decided to use a pry bar that cause the countertop to become removed from the cabinets below. A support from underneath the counter was broken away from under that cabinet. The installer left and never mentioned the damage he had caused. When I went to the Lowe's store they assured me that this would be resolved and apologized for the inconvenience. I had expressed that we did not want the same installer that caused the damage to the countertop to come out since he had no integrity to own up to the damaged caused.

After speaking to John ** Service Production Supervisor CPO, CSC-I, Lowe's Companies, Inc. I thought that our situation would be resolved. However still no call from a countertop installer to assess the damage caused by the appliance installer. I followed up with him the next morning. No resolution told that the original installer required a chance to look at damage and possibly fix the damage. Meanwhile my girlfriend received a call to stop out and look at the job.

The original installer who damaged our countertop during installation of a dishwasher by prying the countertop with a pry bar without authorization. Two witnesses saw him use it. The installer attempted to blame the damage caused by his lack of common sense on the original installation of countertop? Which is ridiculous as the countertop was properly functioning prior to be wrenched with a pry bar. The installer was not professional or accountable in any way.

The amount of inconvenience and lack of professionalism that we have experienced as a result of Lowe's installers negligence is appalling. I have request that an area field manager contact me three times today. I have initiated a claim through customer care # **. Is this really how Lowe's handles issues caused by their installers. I will be sure to let everyone know of our experience.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

We purchased 2 refrigerators from Lowe's giving them 1 month to receive the refrigerators. They were given 2 weeks to deliver. The least expensive arrived and was installed with no problems. Good job. The next refrigerator with all the goods arrived. It was damaged. They wanted to leave the unit till a replacement or repair would arrive. The box would not fit in the opening due to the damage. They were told to remove it. A new box was ordered with a date of 2 weeks.

We were promised a Tuesday delivery. We were called on Friday and told it would be delivered on Tuesday. Then 3 hours later it was Lowe's and we were told they could not deliver till the Monday after the Tuesday because of scheduling problems. We went to Best Buy and got the same box for $260.00 less and delivered on Tuesday. We called Lowe's and were told it was a contract problem with their delivery firm. I think Lowe's management was extremely dumb for entering into a contract without due diligence clause. If you own stock in Lowe's dump it before they enter into any more contracts and give away the company.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The reason I am writing this review is because they do not follow through on what the promise. I was schedule to receive a delivery between 12 & 2. I hurried back to the house to make sure I was on time for the delivery and was told that I would get a call a half hour before delivery. I received a call from a computer telling me that I would now receive my until delivery between 3:30 & 5:30. I called to complain that a least I should have received a call from a real person. Figuring that they could be running behind schedule. I finally get a call from the driver stating they would arrive between 3:30 & 4:00. They finally arrived at the house at 5:00. As far as I'm concerned this was a delivery scam. Supposedly they give you a choice to reschedule if you don't want the time they quoted you. If I have known they were going to make such a late delivery I would have asked to be rescheduled.

If you really want the customer to be informed why not have the driver give the customer a call before leaving the warehouse and inform them of your actual time you think you will arrive. Stop the game playing and be honest with the people you plan to service. The way I feel right now, if XPO is the delivery service for anything you want delivered go to another store. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN XPO'S DELIVERY PROCESS.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This is so bad it's pathetic! I contacted the 800 number and ordered 11 doors and 1 French door… That was a week ago. I have not got my order, it has been cancelled 4 times and re-keyed. I was promised a delivery today Monday. NOTHING… Yes the order was cancelled again!!! No one called me or emailed that there was a problem. My CC has been charged twice! I am about to contact an attorney to see what my options are. Lowe's is obligated to provide a service to its customers, they do NOT even attempt to offer the service. Stay tuned, we may have a CLASS ACTION SUIT that is coming. I will post. Please tweet, post, spread the word. Do not order online or via customer service from Lowe's, you will not receive any service or your merchandise. I have provided my order number, but KNOW you are not able of providing any service to correct the issue.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I ordered a computer desk online (Office Star XT59ES OSP Designs Computer Desk) for $212. I had seen many options on eBay and Amazon but ended up ordering from Lowe's thinking it's a local store and quality might be good. I didn't want to order a furniture product that I would have to return later. The desk arrived in time. When I started assembling it, and was 25% way through assembly, taking out assembly parts, I realized the quality of the product was so extremely poor. It didn't even look like a product that should be $100 in price. Let alone over $200. There were several issues: 1. The thing was made with a board and covered with a sheet which gave it dark wood color. However, the sheet was already peeling off. Ridiculous. I have never seen such a furniture product. Once I noticed that, I was able to see many places where the wood looking paper sheet wasn't pasted properly, or had started coming off.

This is a LEMON SALE and I could not have expected it from a store like Home Depot (I thought Lowe's was like Home Depot but now I know it isn't - and would never go there again). 2. Eight holes for screws were missing (100% confirmed as those holes were shown in pictures in assembly guide) and so I had to force the screws in. 3. Some holes for screws were incorrectly placed. Those didn't have any metal inside and were very close to edge. I am sure that over 80% of consumers assembling this could have a 10 degrees deviation in the path of screw being inserted. Since the holes were right next to edge, unless one is a professional furniture assembler, one could do a 10 degrees variation, and it meant you lost that screw hole.

Extremely low quality product. LEMON sale. So disappointing!!! Not only Lowe's but also our government that lets even these brands do LEMON sales. I would NEVER go to LOWE'S again and warn others as well. I never had this kind of issue with Home Depot, IKEA, Walmart, etc. Just spent this time so my fellow citizens don't go through bad experience with Lowe's, like I did.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I am reading these reviews and just laughing. Lowe’s have scheduled a dishwasher delivery 5 (FIVE) times, with an impeccable 5-0 record. Home Depot isn’t any better, I gave up when their record was 5-0 as well, with the difference that you get human beings to talk to at Lowe’s. This is the course of the dishwasher, I know I will eventually get it delivered, in the meantime, will continue to hear the lies from Thomas, Isabel, Ruth and Paul from Lowe’s Meyerland store in Texas.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Ordered a fridge and stove online. They called with a delivery date late after 8:00pm. I told them they need to come in the daytime, so they agreed they would schedule for Saturday 9:00 -11:00am window. 11:00 came and passed. I called and they said my order mysteriously disappeared from the computer when they were loading the truck and then reappeared a few hours later. I then asked, "I wasted a whole morning waiting for you." They promised to deliver the next day, Sunday. The fridge time passed, no delivery. The stove guys came, but refused to take my stove haul away even though I paid for it in the order and unplugged the stove. They took off not taking the old stove and failing to deliver the new one. Totally disgusted. Still have no appliances I paid for after staying home for 2 days. I will NEVER do business with Lowe's again. They lost a valued customer.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We had ordered an oven at the local Panama City store back on the 18th of Nov 2017. We paid for it using our Lowe's credit card and had set up a deliver date of 2 Dec 2017. After we found out that we couldn't remove the old oven safely, we went to the store to pay the fee (on the 2nd) to have the old oven removed. It was only then that we found out that the oven we ordered was no longer in-stock. No one from the store had taken the time to call to let us know this or the fact they weren't going to deliver us this product. Had we not shown up to pay the hauling fee, we would've been at home waiting for a oven that wasn't going to be delivered. Unfortunately, this is not the first time we've had a problem with this store, but it will be the last. As much as I appreciate how Lowe's supports the military, this kind of customer service is unsatisfactory.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We placed an online order in the morning of 11/27 for 1 refrigerator, 1 washer, and 1 microwave. I never received a confirmation or processing email, so I contacted them 2 days later. I gave them my order number, and they told me that there was no such order. I assured them I had this number and that I had opened a Lowe's credit account. They passed me around to multiple people and then finally someone took my name and number and said they would discuss with the IT department and get back to me.

I was called back about an hour later and told that there was no order and that they had no idea why it wasn't in the system when I had an order number, etc. I was instructed to place a new order. I then decided to go online and check the online account. An order was in my account folder, though it said status "unknown." Thinking maybe one of the stores listed to delivery maybe received the order, I called. They did not have the order, and I was instruct again to place a new order.

At first I was excited since the microwave was $100 cheaper, but I quickly realized just how incompetent this company truly is --beyond minor web issues. About 8 hours after placing the order, I began receiving phone calls. They all instructed me to call back and set up a delivery time. I went to sleep and received yet another call around 8:15 in the morning. I answered this one. I was told they only had the microwave, that I would need to cancel the order and come into the store to place an order for my "special merchandise." I asked her why a web order would require me to come in, and she told me they were special orders since they didn't carrying them in stock. She wasn't very friendly, and I simply told her that they have big problems if their web orders require people to come in in person.

After getting off the phone, I decided to check my voicemail. There were a few from a few different Lowe's representatives. One stated that I would be receiving my delivery today, between 9:30-11:30. At this point, it was 8:45 in the morning. I quickly called the number and was assured my appliances would be delivered today. I then raced around like mad emptying my refrigerator and preparing things for delivery. I ignored the fact that no one asked if that time worked, and I was just please to be receiving something.

Around 12 I decided to call to find out where they were. I was assured that Truck Number ** was in a neighboring town and that I was next on his list. Around 2 I decided it was time to call again. This time I was told that the order was canceled at 8:15 this morning. I asked why. I was told my appliances were in a truck in transit when the order was canceled and he just said, "That was unfortunate."

It looks like Lowe's ONLINE basically lets the stores fight over the orders and whoever can put it together then gets to make the sale. I received called from multiple stores, all telling me I needed to cancel the order and do X, Y and Z to get my appliance -save for the one that told me they were in transit. I did call and cancel the order. When asked the reason, I said Lowe's Incompetency. Amazingly, even after getting an email acknowledging such, the same place that swore they had a delivery for me today just called! Right now, 3 hours after canceling, telling me they would be delivering tomorrow from 10-12. I will never be shopping at Lowe's again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Paid full for a Samsung refrigerator and have had a terrible experience. We purchased the refrigerator on Sunday. My husband took off work to receive the delivery, only to find out they had no plans to deliver the refrigerator. After hours of trying to talk to a live person, he then spent hours trying to get things cleared up. They explained they did not have one in stock. So why would they sell us a refrigerator they didn’t have in stock? The next date was schedule for Thursday... they came, but then dented the refrigerator while setting it up in our kitchen.

We refused the refrigerator and we were told they would replace it tomorrow. They said someone would call us tonight to agree on a time... no call. When my husband finally talked to someone, they said they could not deliver one because they did not have one. Bottom line, they just lie and tell you what they think will put you off. They have promised one from a shipment on Sunday to be delivered on Monday. We will see what happens. It seems that once they have your money, they drag their feet getting the product to you. I would not recommend this experience on anyone. Buy at a reliable place... not Lowe’s!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I ordered a new stove online from the Lowe's in Sierra Vista, Az. When all the information was input I was informed online of a available to deliver date of Nov 29, 2017. I believe this is a computer function based on your physical location. I placed the order and the date automatically changed to November 30, 2017. I called and questioned why the date changed because a timely delivery was important. The number I called is the number which appeared if you had questions. It was a store requirement so fine. One day was no problem. Lowe's policy is to call the evening before and give a somewhat broad idea of when (morning or afternoon) the delivery would arrive and then the day of delivery a call when they are close to your home. No one called (this has also happened with other past deliveries) so at noon on the 30th I called. The schedule people connected me with a Tracie in the store.

Tracie informed me she should have called but got busy and "dropped the ball". She kept talking and started to say the truck was not scheduled in the area I live that day. I also discovered my delivery date had been moved to Dec. 2. No one bothered to tell me. Completely fed up I told her to stop talking and listen which she did not like. Lowe's changed the date not me, no one called me, no one informed me of a new delivery date, The service is terrible but more so the communication is horrible or nonexistent. I have had delivery issues in the past but this time Lowe's and their employees caused this issue with bad information and lack of follow through. I expect a store to do their job, to take some kind of responsibility for their contact and interaction with customers. I will never purchase another large item from this store and allow delivery. This is the 3rd mess up with appliances from them.

The worse part, I am a past employee who frequents the store and in fact was in the store the day before. Tracie should be moved to an area and not permitted to talk to customers. Sarcastic, was ready to tell me I wanted the delivery on a day they do not service my area when in fact the stores set this up. They should be pleased when customers walk through their doors and treat them well by listening to what they say. No more... I will shop elsewhere. I do not have a receipt as the product has not been delivered.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

We started the PROCESS 9/13/16. Still incomplete 11/28/17. The salesman was all about getting us to sign the contract and get the credit card charges going. I have never paid for something before it was installed before. But with Lowe’s in Port Charlotte we started paying in Dec. 2016. Was promised by the salesman that all would be installed by the 3rd week in Jan. 2017. That was good as we were moving from one house and going to sell. So all would be ready for us to move in when doors and windows were installed and get the other house on the market.

I have called, emailed, text, correspondence 124 plus times I did not count 3 months. I have all documentation. No one would call. I had to call and see when doors and windows would be installed. When they came in they were wrong. Eastern Metals was the supplier. I called them. No response. Wrote letters. No response. I spent days, weeks taking off work to be home when they were to install and nothing. I would have to call. Installer told me wrong day. My husband took a week vacation when they were suppose to install. Some of the Windows were not ordered, others were wrong size. Doors were incorrect. Had to put aluminum foil over window in bathroom door for privacy. We call them THE WINDOW AND DOORS FROM HELL! I had to move furniture to middle of rooms so they could have access for installation.

All rooms for we never knew which windows would come in. Lived with tarp over furniture as I had to clean white concrete dust EVERY TIME windows were installed due to the grinding out for new windows. Had carpets cleaned once while waiting for the REORDER to come in. So we could breathe. Need to do it again. Feel Lowe’s should pay for that. We could not sell our property because we could not move out. I have not had a life for a year.

Can you imagine making all of those phone calls and time off from work? Customer service after months of my calling moved my case to Executive Support. They offered me $200.00 for my troubles. I think 5 percent for every month job was incomplete would be fair. We could have rented the other house if we could have been out. What if I had hired a cleaning service every time they put in one door or window. I had to clean every room the dust was in the pantry, clothes you name it. I still find where I missed. One year of cleaning and moving furniture not to mention when we had guest.

It has/is a horrible experience and I am so tired of paying big money for this kind of service. I have submitted pictures to Lowe's Executive Support. Lowe's Corporate DOES NOT CARE about customers. I could go on with more details but I think the dates and 124 plus contact just to get a job complete speaks for itself. My advice always read reviews before you purchase ANYTHING!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

November 2, 2017. I purchased a dishwasher in store. The salesman said there were none in store so one would be in next week. The installers would call for a day to install. I especially told him I needed in by Thanksgiving. Weeks went by. I have not heard a word. I called the store many times and no one would ever answer the phone. Got ahold of a manager one day. Said she’d check and someone would call me back. Never hear from them. They said they left a message. I told said that was a lie. No one ever contacted me. Today on the 29th on November I went to the store and got my money back. I was so disappointed. Lowe’s has lost my business. I hope to never go back again or refer to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I purchased a refrigerator and asked the salesperson if by the measurements I had would it fit...told indeed it would so set up delivery. Of course when it was delivered, it did not fit and was taken away on the truck. Went to Lowe’s immediately to rectify the issues and picked out a different model and set up delivery. Went to customer service and was “informed” that I could not use a credit for the fridge they have until it hits their store so I’m expected to pay for another one! Really...that’s total **! But I had given mine away so now begin without one, I had to pay for another one and was promised a refund that night when the truck returned.

Well that was a lie. It’s now Wednesday night and I still do not have a refund. Every person I talk to give me another line and lie. Ok so the line was 72 hours, well since that didn’t happen, the new line is 5 business days. According to my bank since I used a debit card it should be in my account 30-45 minutes, but Lowe’s internal process is to keep your money!!! God only knows how long it will take, but I hope NO EVER buys another thing for this totally dishonest company...lies, lies, lies, that’s all you get. I have filed a complaint with the consumer affairs division within the State of FL along with the finding a place to file a complaint regarding their refund process, which is NOT on their website that they hold your funds for as long as they want. POOR place of business.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Purchased new refrigerator from Lowe's on 11/24 because ours went out. We have a newborn so we needed a quick replacement in order to keep her milk stored at the proper temperature. We were promised a delivery date of 11/26. Although we were expecting the next day red carpet delivery which is why we purchased from Lowe's, we agreed that waiting a day would be acceptable. At 9:21pm on 11/25, we received a call stating that our refrigerator was not put on the truck and would not be delivered on 11/26. Again, we were understandably disappointed but understand things happen and they promised to have it delivered Monday 11/27. I took off work so that I would be available all day because at the time we were not given a time frame. Later on, they had called and gave us the window of 7-9 pm. Again, not the most ideal considering I took off the whole day for the delivery.

On Monday, 11/27 at 8:57, I call the delivery company because our refrigerator was never delivered. I was on the phone for over 20 minutes (mostly on hold waiting for someone to answer), only to be told that they ran out of time and would need to reschedule us for Wednesday or probably Thursday. We contacted the store because this is completely unacceptable. The store's response was that they could just issue a complaint about the delivery company! We just gave Lowe's over $2000 cash for a refrigerator that was supposed to be delivered next day, 3 Days later we still do not have our refrigerator, they gave our money and the only thing they can offer is a complaint about the delivery company?! My newborn needs her milk to survive, it must be stored properly to prevent spoiling and the only thing they can offer is to file a complaint?! Do not buy from Lowe's!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

This is terrible place to place any big orders! We ordered kitchen cabinets from them in the beginning of September and till now (it's end of November) nothing is completed! They don't have installers, they made a lot of mistakes when placing our order. We're now waiting for over 4 weeks on replacement parts and every day estimated date is keep changing to be even further away. Their customer service is terrible! Nobody returns phone calls, nobody gets back to you, not even Supervisors! Nobody cares about you!!! Stay away from this place.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Today was a rainy day and it was not looking good. We had a carpet installation scheduled at 9am and the tech called us few minutes before his arrival. When he came in through the door he already told us that he did not have enough material to do the job. As you can see it did not go well from there. He measured the rooms again and confirmed that he could do 2 rooms and the 3rd room would have to wait at least 3 weeks. We have been already waiting and Lowe's took the payment upfront almost a month ago.

My wife told the carpet guy that we wanted the master bedroom done by Tuesday and today is Wednesday before Thanksgiving. He said that he could not guarantee it but would contact his boss. After 5 minutes' conversation with his boss he got the order to stop the work and do not do anything just walk away from the job. We have moved all the furniture from the bedrooms to the hallway by now and the kids are expecting their rooms to be done when they arrive from school. So my wife had already gone to work and I took the day off to be available for the work. Lowe's called my wife and told her that they messed up on the cutting of the carpet and could not do the work on time. It would take another 3 weeks to get the right size carpet in. I am so angry with this whole thing that Lowe's will need to do better than this. Just not acceptable.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have always been a faithful Lowe's customer for years and have never missed a payment or had a late one at that. I opened my Lowe's credit card statement this morning as I was going to make my payment this evening and found my payment had doubled. Huh? I had made no purchases and I always pay a little more than minimum due. How was this possible? So I call customer service which was a headache trying to get to a real live person. I was told a late fee had been tacked to my account??? I made two payments last month. How is that possible? Well as a great customer we will waive it, great I thought... Problem solved???

Nope then they told me I had a late payment from the month before, no I didn't. They were still waiting to charge me for that late payment???‍♂️. My minimum balance had skyrocketed to numbers I just couldn't squeeze into a fixed income, and was told I had to pay it regardless of waiving the late fee that was still reflective of the minimum due. Huh? I was polite and the first operator was as helpful as she could be, but I needed more clarification so I asked for a manager to speak with. She was rude, condescending, and talked to me in a tone that made me feel like I was a criminal of sorts???

The problem went unresolved, I was told there was nothing she could do for me. So I after years of being a customer to Lowe's and never missing a beat when it came to payments, I closed my account... Why keep it if payments will skyrocket, fees are added without call, and you're treated like something someone stepped in because you need help! She even went as far to tell me to just go ahead and shred my card as soon as we get off the phone in a very snide tone. Not happy???‍♀️ And I hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Purchase the microwave a week ago. Today was delivery and after they install new one I saw that is wrong one. Actually much cheaper one than I pay for!!! Now I wonder how long I need to wait for the one I purchase. I will never ever buy nothing anymore from Lowes!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I am writing this because I still can't believe this happened. I purchased a Samsung dryer in August of 2016 at Lowe's. By December I was having a problem. I called Samsung and they repaired it within a week. The following summer of 2017, I was again having a problem with the dryer. This time I went to Lowe's to see if they could help me. Their representatives were very kind and helpful, or so I thought. When I called in August, Lowe's sent Mr. Appliance to diagnose and take care of the problem. Mr. Appliance came within the week in August and never came back again! They never called or got back to me in any way, shape or form. I called 6 or 7 times and they said they would get back to me as soon as "Bob" got in... which never happened!

Finally I started going through Lowe's for support and all they did was say the part was back ordered and they would get back to me. With no exaggeration, I spoke to Lowe's supervisors at least 10 times and kept getting no help whatsoever. Now it's November and I decided to call Samsung and they repaired the dryer within the week!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Very poor customer service. 3 different installers. 3 different times. Mistakes made (FENCING). Not leveled properly. Wrong materials sent 3 times. Charged extra for extra materials told we would be reimbursed and not yet done. Told we had 3 separate project managers in 3 months. Finally spoke with a project manager Rae ** and she states she knew nothing about our issues. Very rude on the phone. I have been so upset. It's been a nightmare.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I ordered a kitchen sink online from Lowe's because the product was only available online. The website said we would get it in about 10 days, which was plenty ahead of time for our new cabinets to go up. I opted for store pick up because I don't like items left on our front porch. Comes 10 days, even 15 days, still no delivery notification. Finally I call customer service to see where is my sink, to find out that it has been back ordered for another 2 months. Now, that is very, very bad! Lowe's Burbank Store manager was supposed to call or email and inform us that the sink was not coming, she never did!

Someone who is in charge of online ordering behind a computer who is responsible for the website updates, never updated the product. As a matter of fact the sink was still advertised as available in 7 to 10 days when I checked. No one bothered to give me any apologies or explanation. Plus we were charged for it (about $400) and it is money that was gone from our pocket for over a month until it was returned. Our job was postponed another couple of weeks, so we could find the sink we wanted. Overall worst experience, online, in-store, people, website... EVERYTHING. No respect for customers time and money.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We purchased a dishwasher at Lowe's Sterling, Virginia on 11/3/17. We were told the appliance would be in the store on 11/8/17 and we would receive a call from the installer within 48 hours. By 11/12/17, we still had not heard anything from Lowe's installer. Therefore, we went to the store and checked on the status of our purchase. We were told the appliance did indeed reach the store on 11/8/17. We were again told to expect a call within 48 hours. By 11/13/17, we still had not received the installer's call. We called the installation line and found out the installer had not been notified that our dishwasher was in and installation needed to be scheduled. Each time we called we were given a standard answer without anyone trying to rectify the problem.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

They are coming late and then need to reschedule. Then late again and then reschedule. Then repeat again. They just don't keep their promise and don't care the customer's in schedule. I don't understand why we have to pay extra dollars for such poor services.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

About 6 months ago we moved and since Lowe's is right down the street we purchased a refrigerator and opted for the installation which they were suppose to call in 48 hours and coordinate. They never called and finally we had to go to Home Depot and purchase the item. Now that we have lived here for 6 months we needed to get a new dishwasher. We went to Lowe's and didn't expect to have them install, but because Bosch had a rebate for the installation cost we did. Once again they never called us and when we finally called them they said their employee had the order but never forwarded it to installation. She then said they would call us to schedule in the next 48 hours. Guess what, it has been another 48 hours and nobody has called. If they don't want to provide the service why do they offer it?

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information