1.18/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Lowe's Home Improvement

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

2045 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I've had to personally go down to the store because I couldn't get help on the phone. After paying thousands of dollars and waiting two months they still haven't installed the carpet and could care less about my frustration. I really regret the day I went into Lowe’s to buy a carpet and have them install it. I will never deal with this company again for the rest of my life. All I wanted was a new carpet and instead I got months of lies and apathetic scumbags that work at Lowe’s.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

From the reviews of Lowe's I've seen online, the quality of work must depend heavily on the quality of the local installers they hire. Lowe's hired Keller Interiors or Orlando to install about 800 square feet of tile in two bedrooms and a bathroom at my residence in the Daytona Beach, Florida area, and I must say, the installers did a superb job. The price was also significantly lower than other contractors we got quotes from.

We were told the installation would take 5 days but it only took 3. The workers were fast, skilled, courteous, and very professional. The quality of the tile installation was superb. On our upstairs wooden subfloor, they screwed the Durock underlay down with plenty of screws spaced about 6 inches apart so that the floor would not squeak as well as be more secure. They ran chalk lines at key places on the floor to establish a balanced tile pattern in relation to doors and walls and keep all tile runs straight. They used spacers on every tile so all grout lines were perfectly straight and consistent. The grout was consistently level with the tile surface everywhere.

They went beyond what was asked of them and replaced about 12 feet of wooden bathroom baseboard with tile. The installers did their masonry mixing and such outdoors on old pieces of our carpet that was being removed, and they cleaned up their mess at the end of each day so we didn't have to walk through dust, dirt, scraps, etc. The installers worked hard and fast, didn't even take lunch breaks and worked from 8:30 am to 5 pm. I felt so bad for them I gave them lunch one day. They were from Bryan Tile in Kissimmee, FL, a small group of Puerto Rican and Cuban-Americans. Very nice, hardworking, conscientious gentlemen.

Before the installation, Keller sent an estimator who took measurements with a laser measure and used a brilliant software app on a tablet to create an accurate scale drawing of our floorplan with all transition details, etc. They then used that to create a very accurate materials list, which turned out to be extremely accurate for the most part. When the job was done, the installers only had two tiles and 2 bags of grout left over. They were short a few bags of thin set mortar, but since I live very close to a Lowe's, I picked up some for them to avoid delays.

Lowe's was the only weak point in the process; they were very slow in getting our materials ordered. The particular tile we ordered required a special order from the manufacturer, and there was only one employee at the Port Orange, FL store who knew how to place the order, and he was out for several days. There were various other delays and then Hurricane Irma came through, so ultimately it took a month from the time we ordered until the order was completed. But at least in the Orlando/Daytona Beach area, I would certainly hire Lowe's/Keller Interiors again at least for flooring.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I won't bore you with all the details of this ridiculous experience, because it isn't over yet. To sum it up, I ordered a washer/dryer on 10/2/17 with the understanding that I would receive a call to schedule delivery within 12 hours. Four days later, I still hadn't heard from them, so tried to call them. Sat on hold for 2 hrs and no one answered. I texted Lowe's thru chat and was given a different number. So far I have spent over 6 hours on the phone with Lowe's and was never called back to give me an update. Product was discontinued, so I agreed to another brand.

Now we are at 10 days with no calls... Delivery was set up for today. Called delivery company to ask time and was told my order was DELETED by the store!!! I patiently straightened this out, was told 10-12 delivery window, took off work and received a call at 945 that my dryer had been SOLD!! No delivery til Friday now, I won't believe it till it happens. It's been so bad that we are now getting appliances at cost, plus a $75 gift certificate. Honestly after all of this, they should be paying me. They debited my bank account and I still don't have a washer/dryer! Never again!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

TB35 EC Model Number 41 AS99MS766 - I walked in to Lowe's on Cedar street. I bought a Troy-Bilt Weed trimmer and leaf blower. Leaf blower didn't start. They told me to take it in to get repaired. I did took it to C and K. They said they fixed it. Brought it home didn't start too. Get to Midwest Power Equipment they told me the engine was blown on It. Took it back to Lowe’s. They Said that the warranty was no good so I'm sitting here with a blown Engine on a brand new Troy-Bilt leaf blower. I don't know if it is because I am Hispanic or they just don't like me And how convenient for them that they cannot find any purchases that I Bought anything.

I think they're just prejudice because all of a sudden there's no receipts of purchases. I dealt with the assistant manager named Chris. He brought me back an open Box and there was a broken part in it so I return that one. Then he gave me another one I took back to Midwest Power Equipment. They told me the engine will blow on That one too So now that the leaves are falling I don't have a leaf blower yet so if you are Hispanic I'd go to another Lowe’s or avoid it together. Go to Menards.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Logged into myLowes account, placed an order. Some reason their system had changed my set store to one nowhere near me. I called to cancel, couldn't do it. They said I could go into my local store and they could cancel it and provide me the refund even though it was a different store the purchase was not made for. Sounded odd, so I reconfirmed with the person and they reconfirmed it could and would be done. I went, attempted to and was told it was impossible, but that the money would be held at the store and I could go by anytime to claim the money, as it would be kept indefinitely in a safe until I went to collect it. I don't believe Lowe’s is going to keep my or anyone's unclaimed cash return just sitting around earmarked for that specific someone to eventually come by and claim it. Complete nonsense.

Lowe’s is a decade behind when it comes to an online-to-store purchase experience. Where I cannot cancel an order and have the money either refunded to my card or given to me in another way. Home Depot does not have this issue when a cash gift card is used. Lowes is behind in all sense of the word and Home Depot will outpace them. Also, they stationed a kid at the return station, who when I approached telling him I needed to work out a cancelled order, he said, "I don't know how to do those. Go over to the checkout line", promptly yelling "I can help people with their purchases" to the line of people as I walked away. If he can't do returns, or work with canceled orders, then move him to an actual cashier line, not the returns. Their employees just seem absolutely clueless and the technology is several years behind their biggest competitor, which is huge in the retail space.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They ordered the wrong doors. I ordered custom doors with raised panels on them from Lowe's in Franklin TN. I waited the 2 weeks they said it would take and no one contacted me so I called them. They said it would take another week before I got them. Finally after the 3 week wait I went to the store to check on them and they said they had them. Still no one had contacted me. When I got the doors they were just slabs... no raised panels!! I told them they were the wrong doors and they did offer me a refund but that wasn't the problem. I needed the doors to be raised panels to match the rest of the doors in my house that I was trying to sell. I had no choice but to take these doors as I needed to get this house on the market. They had no reasons as to why the wrong doors were sent.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I did a contract with Lowe's for replacement my windows and slide doors. That started at Apr. 2016, but until today, Oct. 9, 2017, they haven't done their job yet. One of windows was cracked by itself. Only after one month installation, I contacted Lowe's hundreds times, still couldn't see people from Lowe's to help. By the way, the windows are all under the guarantee, they promise that one-year windows and labor GUARANTEE, 10 YEARS window guarantee. But the problem is you couldn't do anything when there is a problem happening. Other services are all worst in the world. They missed window screens, they missed window locks, they brought a wrong window patterns etc. So, so, sooo regret and angry. Do I need a lawyer??

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Windows were ordered on 3/1/17 with sales specialist Ed **. Store #1709. Number 47079HS 15 Pella Thermastar windows with screens with all new exterior capping and one awning in bathroom. Was told 3 weeks. I called Ed on the 20th and he said windows will be done on the 28th and 29th. Will only be a 2 day project. My 19 year old son was there to watch. 3/28/17 I came home at lunch. The worker Sunny said he is a little slow. He lost his worker but he brought his son. 5 windows in but not completed. 3/29/17 Again came home at lunch. Sunny said he wasn't feeling well and was going home; bathroom and 2 windows in but not completed. 3/29/17 Called Ed to come by and look at windows. 4/1/17 Ed came to look at windows poorly done, no caulking and needed new sealer on window. Now need to take a day off for day 3.

4/5/17 Sunny comes and Ed walks him around to show mistakes. Finished job. I walked around and found more mistakes that he covered with caulking. Windows inside were also cracked which he covered with caulking. 2 broken screens. Called Ed and said he needed to come by and look at windows that they were not done correctly. Rained 4/5 and 4/7 and left for step father's funeral in AZ on 4/8 - 4/16. 4/16/17 Called Ed to come and look at windows with a construction friend. Also spoke to Brandon ** project coordinator about problems. Ed did not come back till 4/29/17. He walked around house with construction person and agreed job was not done correctly. He will call another installer. 5/2/17 Called, left message with Ed. 5/4/17 called and left message with Ed. He called Rich new installer will come by. 5/6/17 spoke to Rich coming 5/11/17. No show. 5/14 5/16 called.

5/18 both called and will come that day. Went over everything. Rich will redo all windows on the outside. Take off all and replace all after Memorial Day. 5/28 called. 5/30 called Brandon. 5/31/17 called Rich. 6/1/17 Rich called coming 6/12/17. Now 11 weeks. 6/4/17 Called Brandon about the broken screens and bad windows. Called corporate office put in a complaint with Christina. Will get back in 24 hours. Never received a call. 6/09/17 Ed will drop off windows. 6/10/17 Called corporate again. Couldn't find complaint. Found complaint, told to call Rob **. He is out till Wed 6/14, called Brandon. He is out till 6/14. Complaint #**.

6/12/17 Came home at lunch. Justin was working and he had done 2 windows he only fixed. He did not replace. I told him to stop and called Rich and Ed. Outside needs to be taken out and done over not put a band aid over it. Rich agreed and will talk to Ed and Brandon. Call Corporate, spoke to Amanda ** also was trying Brandon and Rob told her they were out till 6/14. She said she would research and call me back before 6. Called her at 5:30 and tried to leave a message. No room on machine. Called again at 5:55. She answered. She said she will call Ed. I did not want Ed to call me. I wanted someone above him. No call. Called Rich. His worker will come on 6/22/17 to take out and replace not fix all windows.

6/18/17 left messages with Amanda ** corporate office and Rich **project manager to make sure job will be done correctly on 6/22/17. I have 7 boxwoods ready to plant that are now dying. They are suppose to go in below the windows. As of now it has been 12 weeks to get a 2 day project done correctly. IN September my windows were finally done. Not the best work but at least done. I asked for some type of compensation for all the hours I was on the phone and the times I spent waiting for the contractor and they cancelled. Their reply, "Sorry we are done." I was appalled by the whole ordeal and will never go to Lowes again. I am also telling anyone to go to Home Depot or Ace.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I’m so confused on where to start on how disappointed I’m with Lowe’s department store and their delivery company XPO. I ordered a over the range stove and microwave, as well as a dishwasher. Without getting into the specifics on the cost–let’s just say, it was over the $1,600+ installations and then some. I was given a two hour window on 10/8/17 to be delivered between the hours of 11am-1pm. Well, as you know just by being on this site–that the delivery never happened–a no call, no show... I called Lowe’s about my dismay about the nondelivery and was given the cold phone shoulder–a straight–give them some more time! Well that’s just what I did. But after another 2 hours still nothing!

I called Lowe’s again and was given the delivery service number. After about an hour on hold the dispatcher said "I have no idea where the delivery people are and why it’s taking them so long to get to you!" After that response I physically went to Lowe’s to cancel the entire order. I was told by the customer service that XPO did this kind of thing all the time!... Go figure!!! Note - the Lowe’s store is in Mt. Pocono, Pa.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

On April 22, 2017 I paid in full for a complete bathroom remodel. Work started in early May and progressed quickly. I will told by the subcontractor that the work would be finished in two week. Then came the setbacks. The subcontractor abandoned the job for about a month leaving trash in front of my house. When I queried Lowe's they said that I had paid to have a light fixture installed but did not actually pay for the light. When I found the receipt I had not only paid for one light but paid for two. So during the abandonment I went without a bathroom light for 1 month. Then came the humidity fan. Another month went by and despite assurances that the trash would be picked up and the bathroom cleaned it never happened.

I pointed to Lowe's as per contract the humidity fan was not installed. Once again Lowe's tried to use the same tactic and reported that I had paid for the fan but not the installation. They wanted an addition $1,611. The installation was clearly in the contract but the installation team member just took a picture of some spreadsheet and then asked me to provide a line item of where the fan installation was listed in the contract.

Another month goes by and I now have a hanging light/fan switch that is hot and according to my electrician not grounded. I contacted my homeowners insurance policy and they recommended that no other workers be in the house until corrected. At the same time they did pick up the trash in front of my house but neglected to paint the baseboards or clean the bathroom which had 1/4 inch of tile dust on it. We are now well into October and I am getting ready to close Escrow so I order a final inspection on the bathroom and it does not pass. Escrow is set to close the 14th and the best Lowe's can do is get someone to address the issues after the 15th.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I bought a riding mower at Lowe's with extended warranty. Within a year, it would not idle and the mower would not engage. Called Lowe's Service and that's when my nightmare began. Here it is 6 months later and several representatives and no satisfaction. The people who THEY had work on my mower said it was my fault. It appears the people Lowe's contracts are contracted to Lowe's advantage. By the reviews I've been reading, Lowe's extended warranty is a BIG scam. They get you to buy it but you can't use it. What a way to make millions for nothing. I also talked to Eric, absolutely overpaid and useless.

Lowe's believes whatever these contractors tell them. I asked to bring the mower back to the store I purchased it from to show a store manager these contracted people are wrong. They refused which tells me 2 things, they know they are ripping us off, and the store managers don't know much about what they sell. The worst customer service ever. Eric says he's proud of Lowe's Customer Service. I would be too if I got paid for nothing. He should be reading these reviews but it looks like Eric and Lowe's stay away from these reviews. So fed up, I mailed my Lowe's credit card that I've had for 32 years. They can keep it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We purchased an LG Dishwasher from your Saugus, MA store on 8/13. The total bill for this appliance and installation, parts, permits, etc., exceeded $1,000.00. We expected delivery and installation on or about 8/24. This date came and went with the dishwasher uninstalled and no notification of a new installation date. A call to the installation company indicated they had not received required information from the Saugus store. I was promised a call-back that never came. A second call to the installation company a few days following also indicated they hadnt received the information necessary to get the installation scheduled. I was given the number to the store and was assured by the Appliance Department salesperson that she would call the installation company to ensure they had the information necessary to get this done. I was promised a call-back from the store salesperson that never came.

A third call to the installation company. This time I was fortunate to reach a customer service person who knew what she was doing and found the information provided by the store. She promised to try to expedite the washers installation and promised a call-back which I received. Seems the installers schedule was full and the customer service person wasnt sure when they'd be able to install the washer. A technician finally called earlier last week and scheduled the installation for get this 10/2 (it actually happened on 10/3).

So, time of purchase to scheduled time of installation sees 52 days lapse, all while we're anxiously waiting for the new dishwasher to arrive. My wife and I are totally dissatisfied with this entire purchase experience. The repeated promises of call-backs that were never returned indicates to me that common courtesy among everyone involved to be sorely lacking. Suffice it to say, when considering future major appliance purchases, we'll be taking our business elsewhere. We'll still shop Lowe's for the 10% military discount you offer, but that will remain our only reason for shopping at Lowe's.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

While dealing with the aftermath of Irma, Lowe's send me a repackaged vanity with sink that had been repackaged. I realized that when I received it but would never think they would put something in that was returned because it was scratched then use some type of cover to try to hide it to resell it not even as a discount. At least Sears used to have a scratch and dent department and you knew what you were buying. Very disappointed that they are trying to deceive their customers then make it nearly impossible to ship back. Just very disappointed in you Lowe's!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I purchased a Troy-Bilt Storm 2410 24-in Two-stage Push-button Electric Start Gas Snow Blower in December, 2015. It has an electric start which was one of the main reasons I purchased it. At first, it wouldn't start and when I finally got it started, it wouldn't stay on. It didn't snow much that year so I didn't use it but I did contact Lowe's about it.

Lowe's sent two guys to the house and I was late meeting them. They were on their way down the driveway leaving when I got there. They said they couldn't start it either until they realized they weren't supposed to pull the start cord as hard as they were doing it. I said it had an electric start and I had a electric cord out there that was plugged in and ready for use but they had ignored it. I told them I don't care about the pull start... I had to start it with the electric start. They refused to walk a couple of feet back to the snowblower to try it. They just said that the pull start works if I don't yank as hard!

I have a shoulder injury and bought it because it had an electric start and I explained this. They just ignored me and got back into their truck and left. I reported this back to Lowe's and they said their guys said they got it started so they did their job. There was nothing else I could do. It wouldn't start last winter no matter what method was used. Again, it didn't snow much so it wasn't used. So, I spent $650 on nothing. I wonder if my being a woman meant they could take advantage of me. The two guys were pretty condescending.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I spent over $7000 on a Lowe's Home Improvement project (Bathroom Closet). The contractor that Lowe's assigned is not making corrections to his work that correct the problems. Months have gone by now, 6 months, with continued communication from me. I've called and emailed several times and the project manager literally makes promises to me in writing and verbally then changes the promise. It seems I am being blamed for the contractor's inability to successfully take care of the errors he made. And for 1 year he is mandated to correct any mistakes fully. I have tried to be an understanding and reasonably patient customer however today I realized what I am doing is indulging a system in continuing to take advantage of my understanding nature. I've been reduced to a person who is pleading my case to anyone at Lowe's who will listen.

Today I drove to the store with pictures of the problems. Two store managers sat with me and promised to work on the matters. I hope that the store managers can make the corrections happen, but I'm losing faith. If the problems are not corrected, my next step is small claims court. I see that an attorney can contact me if I check the box at the end of this form. The box is checked.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I placed a large online order and only received part of my order. I made countless phone calls and spent WEEKS trying to remedy the problem. Lowe’s customer service was unhelpful throughout my efforts, repetitively telling me to take it up with my financial institution. I found this conclusion to be unacceptable. I felt they could have done far more to solve the problem instead of passing the buck to an innocent party. It was not my bank’s fault that they failed to deliver these products. I was polite and patient throughout this process, always working with them under the assumption that they were working towards solving the problem. I have been a good customer and would have continue to be a good customer. But now I will be a good Home Depot customer. Be warned - that if your order does not arrive correct you are going to have an impossible time getting Lowe’s to correct their mistake.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My wife and I had a fence installed through Lowe's and have been regretting it! The install time was later than every other company and they were substantially more expensive (20-50%) than other companies. But, we have shopped at Lowe's for years and have always been happy with their service, plus we wanted a company that would stand behind their product. BOY, WERE WE WRONG!!! The fence install went fine and we were happy until we had a problem with one of the gates. It began dragging when utilized so we called Lowe's to get it fixed as the fence was supposed to have a 1 year workmanship warranty.

First, it took three phone calls and nearly a month before someone came out and looked at the problem (in the meantime, the gate was still dragging against the ground). The young gentleman who came out took a picture and said someone from the store would be in touch. We did not receive a call for 6 days, so I called the store to see when they would be out to fix the problem. They stated that it was not covered by warranty and it would cost over $100 to get it repaired! This is a fence that is less than 6 months old! What is more frustrating is the poor service that was received - calls that do not get returned, weeks to get someone to inspect the problem. If you research the internet, you will find that this is a more common theme than you would want to believe. We will never spend another dime with Lowe's.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Five times I went to one of the Lowe's location in North Augusta South Carolina and the lady walked away. I had her paged and she did not want to help me so then I went to the Aiken South Carolina store number 0639. Met with a gentleman there he told me to get in line wait my turn pointed to a stack of paperwork about 8 inches thick. I gave them measurements he said that was too bad that I didn't have a kitchen. I would just have to wait just like everybody else.

I was shocked Tuesday answer that he was so heartless. I reached out to customer care. They contacted the store and set me up with the manager by the name of ** and a cabinet designer by the name of **. They put my design together. I paid for it and I thought I was all set. Care accidentally made a lot of mistakes. Put me under a different customer name different address different phone numbers and emails.

I try to get it corrected through the other cabinet design by the name of **. His reply was, "Oh well I have to cancel your entire order refund. Your card and rebuild it again." The difference between the two was in a Normas $6000. Since when I purchased my cabinet design there was a sale going on and I took advantage of. We are a month out now. I still have not got my cabinets. I don't have a kitchen no sink nothing to cook on. Waiting on my cabinets and sink. Now they want to charge me for my sink which was supposed to be free with my cabinets in my granite countertop that I'm not getting any less. I pay an additional $1400. I will not get my My cabinet design. I find this to be unjustified. I paid for my Product and I expect my product.

Lee list to say I'm being bullied to pay the extra $1400 no free sink more money out of my pocket. I won't have a Fossett. I won't be able to get my dishwasher and they don't care. The manager ** at the Lowe's store in Aiken basically said, "It's all business and you should've never been able to get that discount." I will never never buy from Lowe's again. Welcome to Home Depot.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My husband and I ordered 3 sets of outdoor chairs from Lowe's in Hillsboro, OR online to pick up at the store. The website showed 11 sets in stock. Shortly after placing the order we received a call that there is no stock and the order was canceled. (The website still shows stock available.) I now have over $400.00 not available in my checking account due to the transaction "Pending" status that could take from 3 to 10 days to clear. I will not shop again @ Lowe's. Even after discovering the incorrect inventory count they still have not updated their web information.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Our house got flooded in Houston during the hurricane Harvey. We ordered dryer at Lowe's last August 31, 2017. Was promised it will be delivered with the rest of our orders the following week. It did not happen. They said it will be delivered the following week again because they were out of stock. We confirmed on Sept 12 and said it was on stock and will be delivered the following day. Nothing was delivered and we were told it was out of stock still! Same thing happened on Sept 20th, 29 and finally today, Oct 1. Some were telling us it was on stock and will be delivered, and when we went to the store another manager said it was out of stock. What the hell?? Is it in stock or not? We are trying to pick up our lives together, having a dryer on time would have made our difficult lives easier. I would have rated them negative 100 if that were possible. Will never spend a penny in this store.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Purchased Husqvarna mower. A wheel part broke. Asked what I needed to do. They asked if I purchased it within 30 days. I said, "No"; they said, "Sorry". Home Depot would have replaced it. Forget Lowe's.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I gave a Lowe's gift card to my brother who went to Lowe's store and tried to buy building materials. The store asked for my ID and confirmation that it was a gift which I provided. But after spending 3 hours they would not let him purchase using the gift card. Why are you have Lowe's debit cards if it's not accepted at Lowe's stores. The managers are unprofessional and don't know what they are doing.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Have had to replace and repair 2 fridges and am still not fixed on the second one. They are trying to put it on me, how can I cause a ice maker to fail and fridge not to stay on the temp you set it at? The customer services was unreal! Try to make it sound like I caused the problem! I wouldn't send my enemy there!!! Have lost food due to the fridge not working right, am so tired of the treatment I have received that I could just scream!!! So if you're into a ** services go to LOWE'S!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

BEYOND POORLY MANAGED! They are useless! I order a refrigerator that they had in stock in the facility on a Wednesday night which they confirmed will be delivered by Friday. One person told me the order was cancelled. Someone else told me the fridge left the facility. Another told me no one was home when they deliver it. Today is Saturday and they are now telling me it will be delivered Sunday because no one answered to confirm delivery for today while we actually did speak to someone and advise them to call us when they arrived.

Yesterday I spoke with different people who I was told they were manager but they were head cashiers or customer service and I was hung up on twice by other managers this morning. The only reason I even got a call today was because I emailed the actual company to complain about the issue. THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! First time ever buying from there but now I know better never to make the same mistake. I have wasted my time and had to get rid of my food because I had no working refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I had a dishwasher installation set with 4 hr window. A no show and no call from Lowe's. When I called got runaround only to find out Store screwed up. Reset installation for following week. Store screwed up a second time making it impossible for installer to pick it up. In addition was supposed to have a refrigerator delivered with 8a-10a window. Found out from me calling them, “Hey randomly switched it to 2:30” and did not call! The left hand does not know what right hand is doing. The worse experience ever. This was the Northbrook store.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My less than 1 year old Maytag washer, purchased from Lowe's, stopped working. This was early September. Washer was still under manufacturer's warranty plus I have the extended warranty. Here I am at the end of the month. Two so called repair groups have been here and still I have no working washer. I have been lied to by a Lowe's supervisor who told me a week ago that if my washer was not up and in use in 3 to 5 days I would given a full refund. That clock expired so I called Lowe's again and spoke to a different supervisor who told me that what I was told was totally wrong.

I've been told on 3 different occasions that it would 3 to 5 days and at the end of each of those there were only excuses about what went wrong. I was also lied to by a service tech who assured it would by end of week. When I called servicer I was told that I was not on list for any repair and that part had to be ordered. Bottom line don't waste money buying Maytag. I will never do so again. Lowe's and Maytag customer service is less than a joke.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Buyer beware! Purchased a refrigerator September 16, 2017. I was told there would be a ten day delivery period. On the 9th day I was informed the delivery date had been changed to October 16, 2017. The reason: the refrigerator was not in stock! It seems to me a company as big as Lowe's would have been able to check inventory at whatever company delivers appliances to determine whether my refrigerator was in stock. A simple computer check should have been sufficient. Apparently Lowe's has no program capable of checking inventory. Why did it take nine days to find out its unavailability? Speaking to the store manager of the Naperville, Il. store - Mr. Keith **- resulted in me being told checks of inventory are not possible and that my refrigerator may be stuck in customs in New York.

Seems a bit far fetched. So, instead of having my refrigerator delivered within their stated ten days, I must wait for a delivery date three times their stated date. All I received from the manager was: "Sorry, we cannot control delivery dates." I would think a company as large as Lowe's would have better control over their inventory and delivery systems. As it stands, I will await delivery of my refrigerator and pray it will be delivered within this new time frame. I have my doubts. With the ridiculous way of handling of my order, I will no longer deal with Lowe's for any of my purchases. Perhaps anyone possibly placing an order with Lowe's will ask for an in-stock confirmation and a definite delivery date. I will wager any amount of money Lowe's will be incapable of providing either. Good luck!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Two men delivered our washer and dryer at the exact time they promised. They not only delivered but installed and hooked up everything, then demonstrated the great features. I am very pleased with not only the delivery and installation but the purchase was also pleasant and the price was by far the best. We will look to Lowe's in the future for our appliance needs.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

After discussing the replacement of my deck with several knowledgeable people I chose to have Lowe's do the tear down and replacement. This went smoothly with the salesman. However, I was rather shocked to be told that I had to pay 100% up front. This is when the nightmare began. The materials were delivered and the construction people demolished the deck. Some of the footings were dug and then - nothing! The company that Lowe's uses, Cento Solutions (100 Solutions) should be called Zero Solutions! I really have to question how these girls ever got their high school diplomas. As it turned out, the engineering drawings were entirely incorrect - the construction guys realized this as they were digging the foundations and based on our conversations.

Cento Solutions blamed everybody - Lowe's, me for not cutting down a sapling, etc. They totally covered up and lied to me about the incorrect drawings. On top of this there was a project manager assigned to this project from Lowe's who totally refused to return my calls. The result was that a project that should have taken approximately a week took over three months. I had absolutely NO use of my deck - it no longer existed. My deck furniture and grill were relegated to the woods (picture Hurricane Harvey). As of September 26, 2017 I do not have the final inspection approval for the deck. The quality of the sub-contractor is exquisite. The cooperation from Lowe's and their contract with Cento Solutions was and is totally acceptable. I will NEVER use Lowe's for a project again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

January 2017 I Installed StainMaster Pet-Protect carpet and pet protect padding. I purchased the products from Lowe’s in Howell MI. We cleaned the carpet using a Bissell carpet cleaner and cleaning products in mid-July 2017. Stains started to re-appear after 3-4 weeks. I contacted the store in Howell MI to get them to address the issue.

September 26, 2017 after many phone calls I made to Lowes and two personal meetings I had with two store managers, I finally spoke to StainMaster directly. The bottom line is they require professional cleaning service before they will start a claim. End result we will need to have our Stain resistant pet protect carpet professionally cleaned every six months. Two people and two dogs living in a 2900 square foot house and StainMaster carpet cannot handle it. The carpet I replaced was 22 years old and I had my children and many dogs/cats in the house. I never needed to pay for professional carpet cleaning. I spent $10,000.00 on junk. I will never purchase StainMaster products. Lowe’s did a terrible job of post-sales customer support. I’ll continue to buy small items from Lowe’s but I will not consider them for any major purchases. Lowe’s follow up is the worst.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information