Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Shopping for countertops, we started at Home Depot...because it was the first store we came to. However, I’d had a great experience at our Minnesota Lowe’s store buying countertops so, when I needed them in our Arizona home, I went directly to my local Carefree, AZ store. I worked with Iris to come up with a plan and I selected a Silestone product. I was thrilled with my choice and that it fit into my tight budget. After all, Lowe’s quoted prices included installation (except for cutting a sink opening). Like in my Minnesota experience, this was deciding factor for me.

An outside installer was scheduled to do official measurements at our home. They came. They left. A week later Iris called to say there would be an additional installation charge of over $1000! I was crestfallen. I was also angry that installation would be that much more when installation was included! The explanation was that additional structure was required to bear the weight of the Silestone. I cancelled my order. Iris was the BEST to work with but, though she could explain the policies and be somewhat flexible with the Lowe’s prices, she couldn’t convince the installer to waive all his add-ons.

Next, I considered the composite granite. We found one that was similar to the Silestone and in an affordable bracket. Again, I paid and moved forward with the order. A new installation company was sent to our home. After all measurements were taken, again we were notified of a substantial upcharge! This time, we were told that the upcharge was to cover the expense of added structure under the countertops due to a garden window. Iris did all she could to fight for us but the installer would not absorb the additional charges.

Though I was angry and very disappointed, I was tired of the entire futile and frustrating experience by this time and decided to just drop everything and live with my old, out-of-date Formica countertops. Iris and I selected a date when I could meet her at the store to process another refund. That morning, Iris met me up front at the customer care desk. Franz, Iris’s supervisor joined her to process the large refund. I waited on a bench off to the side. After several minutes, Franz and Iris came out and approached me. Franz apologized for my wait but explained that the decision had been made on behalf on Lowe's to provide the countertops and installation at the price I had already paid! I was so shocked that I cried! I was thankful that I chased down my husband to share the good news. My husband’s response was this: “I guess this makes it clear that Lowe’s is our go-to place for home improvement from now on.” So be it!

The follow up is that, about a month later, the guys arrived to install the new countertops. The installers were so fun, professional, efficient and fast. I love the finished product! Our friends have been so complimentary. I have a bright, light kitchen. It's just as I’d hoped. Fun fact: No added structure was required to support my countertops when the old were removed to reveal what was there.

Kathy

Rio Verde, AZ

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

OK lets start out with you entering the store. Looking for set screw to fit a knob in your door but don't know what size. Greeter listens to your request, calls an associate who escorts you to the wall of many size screws. Looking like you're lost, which you are, he then takes you to the door knob section so you can point out which knob you have. Great, still doesn't tell you what screw, BUT, don't give up, he opens the box and looks at the screws inside and then, after closing the box, takes you to the screw wall again, points to the one you're looking for and with that you shake his hand, pull the screw pack, leave the area, go to cash out and lo and behold, you get to go right thru and no waiting. All this within 15 min. Now this is what I call customer service. Tell me where else you find this. You can't, can you. Oh, by the way, being a veteran, and my card shows same, I got a discount on my purchase also. WHAT A WAY TO GO. Love Lowe's. I'll be back.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Lowe's has been amazing with my water heater and my furnace. I had a water pipe break outside of my house leaked into the basement and took out both my water heater and the furnace. I went into Lowe's looking at the furnaces, wanted to do a little price checking, found a furnace and water heater that is perfect for my little one bedroom house, just a little one that would fit perfect in the basement or up on my backroom area.

Lowe's customers Care's are awesome people. The price of everything was checked and I couldn't find it anywhere else cheaper. Lowe's gave me a great deal on both but it didn't stop there, if I needed anything they were there. So polite and respectful as well as understanding. I had many questions to ask and everyone of my questions got answered. The store is very well kept and clean, didn't have a problem finding anything and everything I asked was most definitely answered very well put. Thank you to everyone at Lowe's and everyone I talked to on the phone.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I shopped for replacement screen door parts (coiled spring and spring-type hinges). I needed three hinges, but they only had packages of two per package in blister packs, so I would have had to buy two packages (four hinges) to get the three hinges I needed. They did have a package containing three hinges, but that blister pack also included an outdoor knob, an indoor handle and a latching hook, none of which I needed. And that package only came in white or black finish where I needed a brass finish. Nevertheless, I bought the white-finished package rather than buy two packages of two-pack hinges. They work well but we do not like the white finish.

As to the coil springs, they stocked two varieties in blister packs with little information as to the difference except that one was larger in diameter than the other. And you can guess, when I got back home I learned that I had bought the wrong one. I guess that's my own fault, but it would have been good to have a better description of the strength of the springs. I always shop at Lowe's when I need something in the home maintenance line and this experience won't change that. I'm a military vet, and Lowe's gives vets a discount on most items.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I bought a Whirlpool refrigerator at Lowe’s for delivery. The delivery crew came with the fridge and began installing it but it would not fit. No matter what they tried it just wouldn’t go between the wall and counter, and slightly too tall to fit under the cabinets. I remembered the cool tool I picked up a few months ago (not from Lowe’s, sorry): the Trim Puller. I acquired it planning on doing a project but hadn’t buckled down to doing so yet. I grabbed the Trim Puller and proceeded to remove the baseboard from the wall in the refrigerator space. It’s a rented house so I sure didn’t want to break the trim or damage the wall. As advertised! NO DAMAGE TO THE WALL AND THE TRIM CAME OFF IN ONE PIECE, UNDAMAGED.

We were making good progress side to side now but needed to clear the cabinet above. Again, I used the Trim Puller. I placed the flat face of the Trim puller on top of the fridge with the beveled edge against the cabinet. I gently tapped and the slight wedging action was all we needed and the fridge slid into place. The Lowe’s guys were very happy they didn’t have to return it and we got the fridge we wanted. Great tool!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: June 3, 2020

Shopped dishwashers. Selected, paid. Waiting for delivery info. All done online, comparing with other companies. Finally found one with features I need and price seemed fair. Checkout was accomplished after a few false moves. Only issue is I don't have a timeline for delivery - have to wait for their texted updates, due to "unusually busy sales of appliances". I can't find a plumber until I have a delivery date. Then I may need to wait for that installation appointment and have NO room to store DW, meanwhile. Also: I am out the total price, having already paid. I'd rather pay at delivery or JUST before and continue to earn paltry interest on my hundreds of dollars.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I purchased a washer/dryer set. Delivery was as advertised. One pedestal was damaged, Lowe’s replaced it immediately. I was waiting for something to go wrong, nothing did, no surprises. Great Experience!

Original review: June 2, 2020

Horrible return policy. I bought this mower, put it together and it doesn’t start. Went through the troubleshooting and nothing! Called Lowe’s to see if I could return it and they said since I put gas in it, I now had to deal with the manufacturer. How the heck would I know if it works or not without putting gas in it. I haven’t been able to get through the number Lowe’s have me and decided to hire a technician to come over and look at it. He spent 45min trying a variety of things to get it going and nothing! I do not recommend buying anything from Lowe’s without going over the return policy! Now I have to send this thing to an authorized dealer and if the issue is something not covered under warranty, I have to pay $60 just for the visit, plus cost of repairs. Not happy!! This is also a revised review because they wouldn’t let me post the initial one I wrote, why..I’m not sure since there was no cursing. Beware the reviews you do see!

Original review: June 1, 2020

My husband has a US government Military discount card and registered it with Lowe’s. We went to purchase a refrigerator, dishwasher and stove during Lowe’s Memorial Day sale. The total purchase came to $5,000. The sales associate told us that due to the items being on special for Memorial Day Lowe’s could not give the Military discount of 10%. The associate was able to discount $6.80 off the purchase price. Memorial Day is supposed to honor those that served our country. We were dismayed to say the least. We are senior citizens and downsizing from a house to a co-op. Later we went to a furniture store and purchased considerable merchandise all on Memorial Day special. The Military discount was honored full 10% and my husband was thanked for his service. Shame on you Lowe’s.

Original review: May 30, 2020

The store manager at the Kendall Store in South Florida is the absolute worst to deal with and completely disregards anything. Expect her to bully you and talk over you to get you to shut up and leave. Not to mention - I wrote Lowe's corporate over a week ago and NOT A PEEP.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information