1.16/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2719 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Jacksonville FL N.E Store. Online Dec 28th I ordered a Whirlpool microwave, refrigerator and stove online, delivery was suppose to happen January 12th and I get a call on the 12th that delivery has been delayed until the 20th. On December 30th at the store I ordered a Whirlpool dishwasher. Delivery and installation happened on January 14th but the dishwasher was damaged, as of yet I have not heard about new delivery and Installation. On Sunday Jan 20th at 2PM I get a call and the say they have not received my Whirlpool appliances and don't have a new date. I get an email today that my refrigerator, microwave and stove NEW DATE is February 2nd and I still don't know about my dishwasher!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Both Lowe’s and Home Depot gets their appliances delivered by the same people...your purchase is sent to GE who then employs a delivery service and at Home Depot. I can tell you it’s pure crap...and Lowe's gets there the same way here in Lake City Fl. GE in our area uses Daryl Flood logistics out of Jacksonville to deliver their appliances. My first date of delivery was between 230 and 630 but at 914 pm the driver called and said the truck broke down and on the next day the appliance was set for delivery for the same time frame and the driver never even called me that time.

On the third day the employee at Daryl Flood Logistics told me no it can't be delivered until next week because the truck wasn't coming my way that day...really great delivery service would have got it to me. It was my wife’s Christmas present. Had to cancel it due to non delivery. Both Lowe’s and Home Depot should have a warehouse and make deliveries that way or at least first have it delivered to them and then brought out to us. I will never again purchase an appliance from either Lowe’s or Home Depot. If need be I will purchase a used machine because I hate being lied to.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

On January 17th, 2019 went to the Lowe's Clearwater location. Had to pick up a dimmer switch and wanted a few simple questions answered. Once in the proper area, had to go looking for a store Rep. Found one and he grabbed his phone and paged for help in electrical. Waited 10 minutes and tracked down the caller again and he repeated the phone request over help required in electrical. Waited another 10 minutes - still no one. Went to the cashier and demanded that a manager speak with me. Waited 5 minutes and finally a Fella shows up - it was the Fella who made the two phone calls. He said "nobody showed up?" Nope I said - "You run a pathetic store" and vowed never to use Lowe's again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This KitchenAid Model #KDTE104ESS4 bought from Lowe's Claremore, OK quit in a little more than 1 year. We called the Claremore Lowe's store and asked for a service repair-person. They said they do not have anyone that services it unless it was under warranty or we bought the extended warranty. WE ARE DEFINITELY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS WITH LOWE'S AND KITCHENAID. We will no longer buy appliances from the Lowe's in Claremore, OK, nor will be buy KITCHENAID. My husband worked for days trying to repair. Finally, he bought the pump motor and it WORKED. We are senior citizens and COULD NOT buy another dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Ordered a stove with installation, the local Santa Fe store set up a delivery date but they did not make any calls to deliver or install so I called them 5 times and their people said it was not their job to call to set up a 4 hour window before delivery or installing. Then after a week of back and forth they failed to install the stove. When it was finally delivered to this is another 5 calls to find out about this and it still has not happened. On the dishwasher once I ordered the dishwasher the local store could not find the order in their computer system for 11 days then they said that an installer would contact me in the near future. I am still waiting for this as well as installation on the stove. I made 25 calls to various managers and employees. Works. Rather deal with bad politics at Home Depot than total incompetence at Lowe's.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Lowe's refuses to give our Military Veterans a discount unless they sign up for a My Lowe's card which tracks your shopping history and reports it to outside telemarketing agencies. My husband has a state issued ID which lists him as a Veteran and Lowe's refuses to honor it. They stated if he did not enter his military service into their My Lowe's database he does not qualify for a discount. I'm sorry but a state issued ID that meets the federal requirements for an ID including a passport is MORE than enough proof of any veteran's service. Shame on Lowe's for trying to make money on the backs of those who have proudly served our country by selling their purchase history to outside sources. We will continue to shop at Home Depot which honors veteran's service with any state or federally issued ID noting veteran status.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Placed an order online at a clearance price, 1 month later they tell me that it is no longer available after we have asked multiple times. I could of purchased it elsewhere at the same price if I had known sooner. Now it's going to cost me an extra $200.00. Lowe's customer service sucks and Home Depot has my business from now on!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Starting a project that is going to require $35,000 in materials. Thought I would use Lowe's because of the 10% military discount. It's not worth the frustration, at this point I would pay 25% more not to have to deal with this company ever again. Doesn't matter how you contact them. All you're going to get is someone to read exactly what's already published on website. Even tried to send CEO a message, not going to happen as they hide that info carefully. I guess when you run a business as ** as Lowe's you don't want to be contacted.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

My wife and I had the absolute WORST experience ever working with Lowe's on a washer/dryer purchase. Among other things, we experienced (1) incompetence of Lowe's staff during the purchase process, (2) consistent miscommunication on the availability of our units, (3) poor service through countless phone calls with their store, and (4) FOUR (yes, that's right) failed deliveries on FOUR separate days. Based on our experience, I would never recommend using this store or this company for appliance purchases. If you're curious on some of the details of our extensive nightmare episode, please read below.

To start, we waited about 2 months from buying the units until receiving them. Lowe's staff promised us the units would be available in 2-3 when we purchased them, but we ended up waiting 2 months due to poor logistics and inventory management. After waiting and waiting and waiting till our units were supposed to become available, we were told the only items they would have in inventory were the floor display units. Somehow the units we bought and paid for actually didn't exist! The floor units they wanted us to buy were obviously used, scratched, and dented due to prolonged use. We sucked it up, took a very minor discount (~5% per unit), and were promised these floor units would be delivered quickly and efficiently.

Instead of the delivery process being straightforward and structured, we had an absolute nightmare trying to get these units delivered. In total, there were 4 separate occasions where we were given a day and broad (e.g., 9am-1pm) time slot for delivery, and on EACH one the units were not delivered for various reasons. One time the drivers were not properly informed about our location, one time the drivers just failed to pick up the unit on the truck, and one time the drivers just decided that they were done for the day before 5pm.

In every case, we were not properly informed and were left waiting around on our weekend for deliveries that did not arrive. Lowe's liked to blame their subcontractor delivery team for these issues, and not surprisingly the subcontractors were blaming Lowe's. At the end of the day, we paid Lowe's and expected them to be able to execute deliveries with whoever they work with. Unfortunately, their delivery teams are lazy, unprofessional, and terrible at communication.

When the units FINALLY did arrive, on the 5th attempt (yes, 5 SEPARATE weekend days were spent waiting on these units), the delivery team was of course missing a few critical pieces for the install. This was even though we called customer service 10+ times, and were promised that their best people were on the job for that day. They forgot to include critical pieces on the unit (that we paid for) which were required for them to function. So again, we ended up waiting for another delivery later that day, where they provided the extra piece and FINALLY got the units working. Again, no apologies from Lowe's when this situation took place - just a confirmation that they would figure it out later in the day.

In the face of all this **, we had countless interactions with customer service folks at Lowe's that were unapologetic and unhelpful. Not once did they volunteer to reduce the price of the units, not once did they offer us compensation for wasting our time and energy, and only after we asked directly over and over to a manager did they offer a minor discount on the units. Some of the folks there (especially at the manager level) were helpful, but everyone else that we talked to in Appliances and every delivery subcontractor we worked with was fairly ineffective and unsympathetic.

Needless to say, we will never ever be working with this store or this company in the future. There are plenty of better options in Chicago, especially local stores on the north side of the city, so I recommend that people shop around before choosing Lowe's due to a small price difference or sale. The lack of service and poor delivery you get does NOT outweigh the potential convenience or cost savings.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

The Estero, FL, store has the worst customer service and all they do is make excuses. For years I went to Lowe's in Ohio and KY and they are great. This store in FL is absolutely the worst. I ordered a custom storm door in December. Several weeks later on Jan. 5, 2019, Lowe's called to tell me the door was in and the installer would call in 2 business days to schedule an installation date.

On Jan. 12 I called the store to let them know I had not received a call from the contractor. I talked to door sales first and he told me I would have to call the installation dept. I said I would call right now. He said give them several hours. I asked if they were in yet and he said he didn’t know. I asked “what time they come in?” He says there are four of them and he didn’t know their schedule. I was starting to wonder what was going on by this time. I said “OK, I’ll call the Install Dept. later." He sternly said “you can’t call the installer... Besides they don’t work on Saturdays.” By this time I said “I never said I was calling the installer... I said was going to call the Install Dept (Lowe's)."

So several hours later I called the Install Dept. and told them that I had not received a call as Lowe's had told me. The first out of this woman’s mouth was "you don’t understand all the snowbirds that are coming in now and everybody wants their job done now.” I told her “hold on... I am calling you to let you know that the installer had not called me to set up an installation date as Lowe's had told me over the phone. I did not want to get caught in the shuffle. I did not say a word about wanting my job done right now.” She then continued on the excuse making, etc like I am the problem. That’s when I lost it. This store is terrible. Home Depot is only and an additional 3 miles away.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

It's been 5 months since the stove I ordered got damaged in shipment. Lowe's called and said they couldn't order another one. I asked for a refund and they were okay, well it turns out they never did a refund. They did an exchange. There was no refund done, so my visa card wouldn't process it. I had to file a dispute over the stove I never got, still can't get Lowe's to do a refund. It will be 6 months from order till I get a refund, if I get one!!! BEWARE using a credit card online with Lowe's.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

After spending over $16k on my roof in Warwick, RI, water has been pouring down from behind my gutters. Lowe's refuses to take any responsibility and action to help me. It appears that the flashing and drip edge needed to guide the water into the gutters was not installed. I reported this to customer service. Yet no one from Lowe’s has ever inspected what the contractors they hired did, though they told me inspection is part of their process. No one from Lowe's has visited my home to investigate it. And no one from Lowe's management has ever called me, despite my request. Since reporting the issue, all I received was a call telling me that they will not address the issue, yet I contracted with them for a complete roofing job.

Yes, I first contacted the roofing company. They dismissed me, saying that Lowe’s did not ask them to look at the gutters. Since when are flashing, drip edge and gutters not related to a complete roofing project? And why didn’t the Lowe’s and roofing experts ever mention any potential issue with gutters? My guess is that they ripped the old flashing and drip edge off when they stripped the entire roof. Upset and dissatisfied with the lack of attention and support from customer service, I sent in a written complaint and asked for someone higher up to contact me, not the Lowe's rep who had dismissed me. A few days elapsed before I received an email in reply, from someone that did not even give me a last name, stating that this is a serious matter for them as well, and that I would be contacted. But those are just words that have amounted to nothing. No phone calls from management followed, and no action has been taken.

However, I did get two phone calls from Lowe’s sales team asking me if I want to hire them to completely replace all my gutters. What? I asked to speak with a management representative, but all I got was the same guy calling me once again to say it’s not their problem and calls wanting more business. With water coming off the roof and going behind the gutters instead of into them they want me to sign with them for a new project? I thought customer satisfaction was something they prided themselves in. They certainly assured me of it when they took my money. That's obviously not the case.

Despite, in my opinion, being overcharged for the project, I still went with Lowe’s simply because they promised they are a one-stop shop and would take care of any issues that arise. They have not lived up to that promise. Being retired military and a longtime customer, I am appalled at the treatment I have received and disgusted that Lowe’s management has not contacted me. So, I am making the effort to let everyone know just how they have treated me and how they have left the project I paid them for. This is a summary of the issue and events that has been going on for many weeks. The pain still goes on every day since I must now get someone to fix all of this, which they are responsible for.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My husband and I were planning on purchasing carpet from Lowe’s in Newport TN for the upstairs in our home and engineered hardwood for a room in our basement. We were excited because they offered free installation including moving of furniture and removal of old carpet. Plus 10 percent off. It sounded great. We had to pay 70$ for someone to come out to measure which we understood we would be refunded with our purchase. This process took a month but that was okay.

When we met with Gerry on Saturday to finalize our purchase the price was a lot more than we expected. There were dozens of add ons including extra for the moving of "oversized furniture ". Gerry blamed this completely on the installers but they are paid by Lowe’s so that's not an excuse. None of our furniture is oversized. It's just normal furniture. Every bed and dresser in each room were extra. This was cut out and pasted at the bottom of the proposal which was strange also.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

After spending thousands of dollars at Lowe's on a home project I tried to return a couple items. Up to that point I had used my credit card for every return instead of the receipts. That worked until I got a new credit card with the last 4 digits changed. So Lowe's system wouldn't recognize the card; but it was just a couple items yet the return department won't even give me even store credit because "their system asked for a receipt." When I told them that I had the other number memorized the tuned changed to "well, we need the actual card." What a shame...the process was so degrading, as if I was doing something wrong... After this horrible experience Lowe's is last in my home improvement store to shop at.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We purchased a $6000.00 deck and we got a deck that wasn't worth $1.00. The material was garbage and the workmanship was just as bad. They cheated on every part of the deck. They eliminated 1/3 of the posts. Instead of getting cement pillars they put the posts in the ground. They had only 1 post to hold the center of a 16ft square deck up. The railing where the spindles attach to the posts, you can light on both ends all around the deck. The top of railing is bowed all around. The floor is supposed to be bark side up and most are bark side down. They didn't use the metal brackets that they were supposed to use. The floor is sagging in the middle. We are still trying to get them to fix it, they said they will fix it, but it's been 18 months and it's still not resolved. We will NEVER deal with Lowe's again!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I ordered blinds from Lowe’s and ran into tons of issues. All issues were caused and related to third party but Lowe’s NEVER blamed nor try to tell me “it’s not our fault”. They are diligently working hard to fix the problem. I’m still not done with the situation but every single interaction with all of them has been great. The genuinely helping and try to make it right. Thank you for the amazing customer service you have provide.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We ordered a dishwasher from Lowe's. We could never get the delivery company to return our phone calls to schedule the delivery. I cancelled the order and Lowe's did not even appear to care that they lost the sale.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Let me start off by saying I have worked in sales and am very patient with mistakes, attitudes, etc. Anyway, I ordered a washing machine, dryer, and dishwasher from Lowe's. I was told the arrival time would be the next day between 7am and 9am via email. That was then changed to 9:30am to 1:30pm via phone the night the order was placed even though I had already called to confirm the time that same day as I needed to make arrangements because I would only be home in the morning. I received the voicemail and was still able to make arrangements for someone to be home between 9:30am and 1:30pm. I received this call at 7:36pm that night.

(Fast forward to the next day) Going on 2pm, no one has called or showed up. I then call to see what is going on. Long story short, after speaking with multiple people, I am told that I called the store and changed my delivery date to tomorrow which I never did. I explain I never did this and THE MANAGER goes on to tell me that they do not change delivery times and I had to have called and changed it. Again, I made several arrangements for this delivery and did NOT call and did not change the time so not only are they basically calling me a liar, they are lying to me when they clearly messed something up and then failed to notify me at all.

I will NEVER make another purchase here again and this purchase was a pretty big one although I am sure Lowe's could care less. My complaint was handled very poorly and I am very aware the customer is not always right, but you definitely do not imply the customer is lying when I know I did not call and change the delivery date. Get it together Lowe's. Treat your customers better. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I ordered an appliance 2 weeks ago and scheduled the delivery date at purchase. I’ve been waiting all day with absolutely no call from the delivery team. Although when I bought the appliance I was told that I would get a call the night before to give me my delivery “window”. No one called. I called the store who reiterated that I would receive a call. I explained that no one had called and I wanted to narrow down the time. 6 hours later and still no call or appliance. If your time is valuable, shop somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

LOWE'S window installers have caused severe water damage to my house. 15 of the 19 hurricane windows that I had installed have been leaking for a month now while Lowe's 'researches' the issue. I can't post pictures here but look at Better Business Bureau (bbb.org) cases ** and **. Lots of pictures of my 3 story house with water pouring in from newly installed windows & plastic hanging off the house now for a month whilst Lowe's decides how to handle. Stay away from them for any installation work or risk issues I am still having... I am sure mold growing behind the wet walls now and my kids are having respiratory issues as their bedrooms just off very wet stairway.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Lowe’s Customers Beware!!! So I have waited all day for appliances to be delivered to my home. I received a call from the delivery company that Lowe’s uses saying the delivery would be between 1-4pm. Four pm came and went and when I called the delivery company she first said I was the last delivery of the day and when I told her I had not heard from the truck and it was after 4pm, she checked and stated that Lowe’s had held the order at the store!!!

I then called Lowe’s and they said the order was coming in today and they could have it delivered tomorrow. Oh but because it was after 4pm that would not work so they could deliver it Monday. My stove, microwave, dishwasher and dryer are all disconnected and I have the gas company coming out Monday to hook-up my gas appliances. She said she would check with her Manager about getting the appliances out tomorrow. When she called back the soonest they can be delivered is WEDNESDAY!!! I asked her to have the manager call me about compensation...no callback!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

You pay then wait. The guy that comes out to talk to you not up to date on installation. Order more or less than needed. What to bring out half order then you wait to get the work done or half of the work is done then you wait again. You go to the store or call your project person. No callback or you're passed around a lot. The stuff set in your yard messing up your grass. It's been 4 month since the project was started. On the phone with them now going on a half an hour, still waiting.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We ordered a fridge and a carpet together and scheduled the delivery on 12/30. It turned out that they came in 30 mins earlier outside the delivery window and left a voice message, so we missed the delivery. Then they resched to the delivery on 12/31, But they delivered the fridge only outside of the delivery window (much late) on 12/31. It was snowing outside, the delivery person doesn’t care and just wear the dirty and wet shoes in and out. And then we have to reschedule a time for the Carpet delivery, first they told us it will be from 7-9 the 2nd day (1/1), so we went to the new house waiting until 9 am. Nothing showed up, so we called, but we were told that they are going to deliver from 2-4 pm, what a heck, we spend our New Year in an empty house waiting for them 4 times and they consistently messed up the delivery window and items. We will never order anything from Lowe's. Home Depot is much better.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered a dishwasher on November 23, 2018 and today is December 30, 2018. I have not received the dishwasher and canceled the order today. Let me tell you how Lowe’s don't give a ** about their customers. I am very disappointed and frustrated by their 'great' customer service. When I ordered the dishwasher on November 23, 2018 I was told by the staff that the dishwasher will arrive in a week. Ha. What a lie. A week went by and I called to see the status of the order. The staff from Home Appliance department answered the phone and told me to wait another week and that the dishwasher will be delivered. I waited and never received it. Sigh. A week went by again and I called back. The same staff again told me to wait another week.

At this time, I was frustrated. But, I wanted the dishwasher so I calmly waited for another week. Guess what. I never received the dishwasher. So I called back AGAIN. This was 4th time calling back. I asked for the manager to talk about the dishwasher and how long it will take to get it. He said "...by end of January." EXCUSE ME? I ordered my dishwasher on November 23. Now you're telling me to wait another whole month to get it? This is ridiculous. I asked for compensation for the inconvenience services they're providing. The manager said "we cannot compensate anything until the product gets here physically". I said "okay, but I am not gonna wait for another month to get it. I want to know how much discount or money you can compensate for the inconvenience services." He said "okay man, I will make an exception for you. I will give you $150 compensation or 10% off." I said " No, but thank you." I canceled the order.

I am very disappointed how they lied from the beginning of the time I ordered. If I had known something like this, I would have not ordered from Lowe’s. I would have ordered from Home Depot or other stores. I will never order anything from Lowe’s again. From the manager to staffs, they just don't care and provide worst customer service. Thank you, Lowe’s for wasting my time.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Purchased an above the stove microwave from the Greenville, NC Lowe’s on Memorial Dr. Paid for delivery, Installation & setup. Scheduled the delivery & Installation for a few days later. Two men, from a local company contracted by Lowe’s, delivered the microwave and installed the same day. My wife noticed air coming in the microwave when she opened the door to inspect it. The tech assured her that the microwave was properly vented. We tried using the microwave and it worked fine. The installers left and we assumed everything was ok. Until the next morning when I opened the microwave door to heat a cup of coffee and was greeted with a blast of 35 degree air from inside the microwave.

Above stove microwave installed. Called Lowe’s and they said it was probably the damper stuck open and they would have the company who installed it, come back to fix it. That was a week ago and have yet to hear from the company to schedule a date to fix it. In addition to the damper issue. Cold air is pouring in the cabinet the microwave is attached to. Obviously, the tech had no clue what he was doing. Have made several calls to the company and they have assured us that “someone” will contact us to schedule the repair.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

In August my dad came to me and said that my Christmas present from my parents this year would be a new kitchen. All excited, I started making measurements for new cabinets to be ordered. We went to Winterville NC store to purchase the cabinets and they directed us to order online. We ordered a total of 8 cabinets starting the first of Sept. The delivery driver contacted my dad a couple weeks later and said he would be there to bring order. We had a team ready to get the cabinets and install. Only one was brought.

Then about a month later they were to bring the rest of the order and brought 3 more. The next delivery date the rest of the 4 cabinets were all damaged so we sent them back and they reordered. Gave my dad yet another delivery date of the Tuesday before Christmas and to this day my dad has heard nothing. He called customer service to request a full refund the day after promised delivery date of last cabinets.

I called corporate this morning and spoke with Naomi and her only concern was to get the product back so that she can sell it to someone else. My dad made a comment that we were going to need other things for the remodel and now we are going to have to drive a distance to get products bc Lowe's doesn't follow through for their customers. They are only concerned with making the money and not following through.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Lowe's near Princeton, NJ hires a 3rd Party named XPO delivery and apparently Lowe's has zero control on how and when XPO delivers to clients. I have been ordering for several years now but lately in 2018, services and delivery receipt experience had gone south in a big way. I had a doctors appointment and I called up Lowe's to see if I could be the first one to get delivered. Lowe's confirmed that my stop would be the first. My Doctors was at 11.30. I didn’t get any calls from XPO or Lowe's. It was about 11.15am EST. I called up Lowe's Princeton to understand it will be delivered at 2pm EST.

When I spoke to the Lowe's delivery gentleman and his manager, both were trying to explain it was not their fault but XPO's fault. Simply they missed the point of decent customer services behavior and customer experience that a loyal customer wants to be provided in this fierce competitive marketplace. Would I order in 2019 again? What are your thoughts? This experience is not unique - it’s probably ‘n’th time this year.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I hired Lowe's to install the fence, and they hired another company (315 Fencing) to do the installation. They showed up a week late from when I was told. Every looks great except for the double gate. It has huge gaps between the doors and frames, the one door is crooked. There are huge gaps under the fence, I was told by Lowe's, that it would be against the ground so my little dog can't get out... My dog got out!

The moment Lowe's found out they were done with the installation they called me to do an over-the-phone closing interview. I told the lady I was still at work. She called again an hour later and I informed her again that I was still at work. I've never heard from her again... I emailed the person who gave me the quote and he sent the owner of the installation company to my house to tell me that there is nothing they can do about the fence. He said it's a vinyl fence not a wooden fence, it doesn't go against the ground and when the land has a slight hill it is going to look that way.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I would never buy anything again from Lowe's. On July 2, 2018 we purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator from Lowe's. They scheduled delivery for 1 month out. They canceled that delivery the morning it was supposed to happen. They said it would take another month. They delivered a refrigerator that time but the door was scratched and had dents. We did not accept delivery. The ordered another one set a delivery date of two weeks. When delivered it had a door that was also dented and scratched. We went back to Lowe's in September to get our money back. They suggested we order a different brand. We ordered a Kitchenaid. Lowe's said it would take a month to get because it was a special order.

Between September 17 and December 14 Lowe's scheduled the delivery 4 times and canceled it the morning of the scheduled delivery each time. Finally, on Dec 23 we received the new refrigerator. Lowe's also screwed up the paperwork on the extended warranty we purchased and it took several phone calls to their local store and home office to get it straightened out. During all of this we purchased a new Washing machine and a new microwave from Home Depot. Both arrived in perfect condition within two weeks. Lowe's and Home Depot are within two blocks of one another. So convenience is not an issue. Quality of service is.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I ordered a Water Softener and an LG Refrigerator from Lowes.com, before Thanksgiving. All paid in full using Lowe's credit card. Had the Water Softener delivered in a few days but not the refrigerator. I called them and had that rescheduled for delivery on Dec 10th, 2018. Dec 10th comes and goes, no delivery. When I called the next day, they had a hard time finding my order. Finally they did, and then scheduled for delivery for following Tuesday the 18th between 12.30 and 4.30 pm. Even got a text confirmation from XPO about this delivery. However, no sign of delivery on Tuesday!

When I called them in the evening they are trying to track the order again. Then they reschedule me again for Wednesday 3.30-7.30. On Wednesday evening, I get a call again from XPO saying the truck's lights are not working so they cannot deliver! Hard to believe, but again, I said OK, and agreed to a delivery on Friday the 21st. On Friday morning, I get a voicemail from someone called Craig saying that they are delivering my "Water Softener" today since the refrigerator hasn't arrived yet! Now, note that by now, my water softener has already been installed at my home over 3 weeks back.

I called and spoke to Barbara in delivery at the Lowe's Woodbridge store, and she had no clue on anything! I had to tell her it's not the water softener but the refrigerator that I was supposed to get today. Then she tells me that the refrigerator is damaged!!! By now, I was completely exhausted with their excuses!!!! They just were not motivated to deliver my order. I then spoke to the Assistant Store Manager, believe his name was Rick, who apologized but was more than willing to cancel my order!!! Not finding a quick resolution, but just cancel. I finally gave in and asked for my order to be cancelled.

I got a call back within 1/2 hour from someone cancelling my order and crediting my card. If only they had shown the same promptness in delivering my order, they would not have lost a loyal customer forever!!!! Never again will I ever step into a LOWE'S!!! And by the way, I called the 1-800 Lowe's customer service also, who took my complaint, gave me a reference number and told me that someone will call within 24 hours to address my issue. NO ONE CALLED. NOT SURPRISED.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information