1.18/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2633 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I am done with LOWE'S. DONE. Over the past 10 years and 3 homes I have spent tens of thousands of dollars at your location on Lane Avenue in Jacksonville FL. My husband an electrician will no longer be spending his money for tools at your stores. We are DONE. The final straw started Saturday 11/10/18 @ 2 pm in the afternoon.

I went to your store on Lane to purchase a small amount of pavers and sand at a cost of over 500.00. That’s a lot of money to me. Is it you? I had hired someone to come install the sand and pavers for me in the rear of my property. I picked out what I wanted and went the service desk and placed my order. I made SURE everything was in stock... "Oh yes ma`am. I was told we have what you need. Is delivery on Tuesday ok." Yup perfect. I told the young lady great. It's going to rain late Wednesday and the rest of the week and I need it installed asap so it would not be a muddy mess in my yard and I have guests coming for the holiday.

I paid and left with my receipt expecting a call (I give my work and cell number) Tuesday for delivery. I get a call Tuesday only to tell me they don’t have what I ordered in stock?!?! WHAT I said I was assured it was in stock. I got several excuses that mean nothing to me as a customer… I don’t care about your supplier had I known I never would have purchased the pavers from you and gone to another store or a competitor. I specifically went in to MAKE 100% sure you had the product. Now I am not getting delivery on time to install. It's going to rain and be a muddy mess AND my guests arrive on Friday for Thanksgiving and I cannot use my back patio. It's going to be a MUDDY MESS. I was offered no solution other than I will have to wait. Maybe Thursday they will get a delivery. MAYBE!?!?! This is not working for me at all.

I hang up defeated and then start to mull it over. This is not right. I paid for a product I want what I was promised. I call to speak to the store manager who by the way NEVER seems to be in at all. I get passed to an assistant manager ** who tells me he is going to make this right. He called other stores on Tuesday 11/13/18 to find my product. Take note he calls me back on my cell number and he has my work number, this is important later in my complaint. He calls me back, "Yup we found some." I only ordered 80 of these not like 500 so why it was so hard to get these is beyond me. They will call me Wednesday and arrange delivery.

Wednesday comes 10 am still no call. I call the store and am told someone will call me when they are out for delivery. 2 pm comes still no call. I call again to speak to the store manager **. ** again is not in... is ** EVER IN? I get passed to some poor fella who tells me he is a manager. I ask him what manager he says the service manager. I tell him he is not who I want to speak to. I want the store manager. What kind of a Circus is going on at this store. He finally offers to find ** for me. He does and I hold for 15 min before I hang up and go about my day. Now really pissed.

** calls me on my cell phone, I tell him I got no call for delivery. ** says, "Well we tried to call you but the number we have is not good." He reads me back a number I have not had for over 10 years. BUT YET he called me on my correct number. I also pointed out the delivery person ** called me TUESDAY on my cellphone and got me no problem to tell me no delivery and no product. WHY has no one called me. He then said that is ok anyway... NO ITS NOT. The product was delivered well great too late in the day. Can’t be installed and it's going to rain and NO ONE offered anything for my inconvenience and problems. NOTHING offered to the customer. NOTHING. So here I am it's raining and no installation is going to happen.

I have 4 dogs and 10 adults who will be tromping thru MUD in my patio area. This is unacceptable. 100% unacceptable. Home Depot gives a military discount too ya know. I will be going there from here on out. This was unacceptable, and I was not treated like a valued customer. After this I did google LOWE'S. Complaints appears, I am not the only one done with you. It used to be a great place to do business. I don’t know what you changed in your business plans, but the store and service is nonexistent. NO one knows their head from their behind.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Can't thank Lowe's enough for offering a 10% off for Veterans. We've purchased thousands of dollars of items from Lowe's over the last 20 years and we've never had a bad experience. We have built several homes and we do a lot of gardening so Lowe's is always our go to store. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews but I think more people will speak up to report the bad than they are to commend. I myself will do both but in the case of dealing with Lowe's and at multiple locations I feel they are top notch. Again thank you for recognizing our Veterans and offering a 10% discount as a thank you to them.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I went there to pick out laminate tile from the flooring dept. I was told by the cashier I can get 10 percent off with my purchase of 286. But I had to get their credit card first. Sent to customer svc. 2 men were chosen to be waited on before me... one on each side. A guy came in same time as me, and one after. I was humiliated, everyone around me noticed. After 20 min. I fill out the c.card info. Go back to cashier line - told I can't get the deal. Go back to svc - told they can't do it. I finally call in tears. The woman hears my story... apologized. Nothing is done for me. Workers are mostly men... unprofessional, judgmental, unfriendly, seem to hate their job. I also overheard them laughing & talking about a female coworker! I never felt so out of place in my life. No one seemed to know anything about the specials, product knowledge. What a joke. I ended up going to Home Depot and getting a better tile at a lower price!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We had purchased a new home that is located close to Lowe's. We had ordered new windows to replace our old ones. We have dealt with Lowe's for a long time, even though we knew they aren't all that good. They are close and convenient though. We were suppose to have the windows on the 4th of November, so about a month. The windows just come in this morning, on the 13th. It's starting to be cold and giving snow so we wanted the windows to be done fairly soon. We had received a call about the installation this morning and we were told they could install them next month, in December. So we told them we will call them back to set it if we decide to let them do it because it shouldn't take that long to install windows.

We had gotten another call from someone at Lowe's about the windows. The guy was calling asking if we were okay about the installation date. Which we are not so we told them we will call back if we decide it is okay and to tell the guy that we went through to get the windows that we are considering a refund on the labor. The guy on the phone told us, his exact words were, "You will not get your money back for labor." So we have to pay for labor we aren't getting? Lowe's is a joke, go anywhere besides Lowe's because they are useless and need to be put out of business. After reading reviews, a lot of people are saying they do a bad job at installing things. Why should we give so much money for horrible installation? Because if we can't get a refund on labor, we should get the labor done. But, the labor is horrible, why pay for it?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We decided to go with Lowe's instead of Home Depot back in September of 2017 and it was the worse experience ever. The installer the 3rd party that Lowe's contracts with Legacy left sawdust all over my back porch. They broke a vase in the living. They also had to do some gridding to level out the floor and did not cover up my furniture (cement dust everywhere, I had to hire a cleaning crew to come clean up). Dug tire tracks in the grass by drive on it. They did not brace up the pedestal sink after putting in the flooring and the sink fell off the wall. (I had to pay to get that reattached by a real plumber.) They reinstalled the toilet in the bathroom at doing the floors only to have it leak slowly because it was done wrong and cause the floor in the bathroom to buckle and have to be replaced again.

Then they did not no longer cared the same flooring, so we ended up with a different flooring downstairs in the bathroom. The rest of the downstairs looks the same. When I reported the leak to Legacy Floor and Lowe’s in February 2018 they did not come to ripe out the flooring until May 2018 after I called them 7 times to do something. Every time I called Legacy would blame Lowe’s and Lowe’s would blame Legacy for delays on getting my floor in the bathroom floor fixed. I finally got my floor fixed and they said they would compensate me but it has been a month now and I finally had to call Lowe’s to remind them. In short no one ever calls you back at Lowe’s. Once you have paid your money you're just another number.

I have another project that is really big dealing with flooring but I will not call them. By the way when you go to the flooring depart at the Lowe’s off of Glenwood Road in Raleigh NC they act like they really do not want to help you. Lowe’s CPO is a joke. They have only one person over there that cares about the customers. The one shining light is that Legacy has a guy by the name of Wes that works in financial depart that is really good at his job and believes in helping customers. Thanks Wes... I would never do another project with Lowe’s for home improvement with my house.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Purchased a refrigerator on 10/6/18 that was not delivered until 11/3/18. The refrigerator was purchased online and it was a nightmare! Somehow the online order was sent to the Fordham Blvd, Chapel Hill Store even though it was ordered thru the Hwy. 42, Clayton Lowe's. We were supposed to have a 2 hr window for delivery, but could only get 8-12 noon delivery and the delivery finally arrived at 6:30 pm on 11/3/18. We cannot get the district manager contact us, he is on vacation (for 2 going on 3 weeks now). We got nothing but the run around with Lowe's and we will never purchase anything online with them again. Beware of ordering big ticket items online with Lowe's because they don't deliver! Customer service is the reason they are having to close 51 stores! Lowe's state the stores are "underperforming", yes, because "Customers aren't purchasing from those stores", probably due to poor customer service!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I was at the Lowe’s store on Steels Rd Brampton Ontario. I brought to the counter some products including a tag for a nest camera which has to be taken from the lock cabinet, I waited ten mins while the lady at the cash processed 6 more customers, after a few more calls nobody showed so I told the lady at the cash to forget it and I left all my purchases totaling around 400.00 at the register, and told her, "I would just go to Home Depot." I can see why Lowe’s are closing some stores, with service like that they won’t be around long. My business from this day on will only be at Home Depot regardless of price, Lowe’s you need to remember to learn two words (customer satisfaction). We all don’t have time to wait for your employees to do their job at their convenience.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

My wife and I went to Lowe's today in Columbus, Ga (6750 Veterans Parkway). We had split up and the front door. We met at cash register and my wife came up with a cart of potted flowers; she said they were 75% off from the price of $12.98. As we paid the women at the cash register she charged us the full price, but wife told her it was on a table that say all flowers 75% off. The cashier dismiss my wife by saying "If it was they would have a sticker on it"; She didn't call anyone to check just dismissed my wife like she was stupid. I wasn't going to argue and my wife liked the flowers so I paid the prices for 4 of them at $51.92. Before we went out the door I told my wife to stand by the cash register and I will go to the garden area and check.

I stop a Lowe's clerk on the way there and we headed to the lawn section. Yes these flower were 75% off. He escorted me to return desk and told the Clerk that the flower I paid for was 75% off. Now here the real bad part. As we stood there the clerk, my wife and I there were three ladies behind the return counter. One on the phone and the other two doing NOTHING. Finally one decided to help us, and you know what she did? Sent a person to go to the lawn section and check. I just had a clerk there telling her that the flowers were 75% off. So, now I'm waiting for this clerk to get back, listening to the other clerk get nasty to a customer on the phone. Well the clerk showed up and said that the flower were 75% off and the people in back hadn't tagged all the price tags.

The clerk behind the counter with my receipt in her hand started looking around for someone to authorized my refund, she turns around to the store side of the counter and start helping another lady. What the hell? Well someone finally authorized my refund and I'm ask if I want cash or in place onto my debit card, I ask for cash back. I should have done that because that seem to take forever. I know $43.00 is not a lot to LOWE'S but it a lot for me. Oh, by the way the third lady behind the counter I am not sure what she was doing, but it look like she was having a nice conversation with another employee.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We took out a loan to update our kitchen. We hired our local Lowe’s (Willoughby, OH) to install our new floor which we also bought through Lowe’s. The installers damaged our home during the process. The tile was not installed properly so the tile does not lay flat. We have contacted the local store, the contracted installers and the Lowe’s corporate office. Two weeks later we are waiting for someone from Lowe’s to come out and inspect the job. We have demand a refund and will never shop at Lowe’s ever again. This is beyond devasting to me and my family. Do not hire Lowe’s for flooring installation.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I’m having the same issue as the other reviewers. Promised to deliver my stove at End of October 2018. I made arrangements for babysitter and family to help move furniture and other items to make delivery and installation an easier process for Lowe's delivery team. All my arrangements were completed the morning of delivery day. I received an email from Lowe's later in morning stating my stove would not be delivered. The stove was not in store and delivery rescheduled for November 11th 2018. I called GE company and very nice CSR told me that Lowe's lying. Stove had been delivered and GE notifies Lowe's at least 2 weeks or sooner if product delayed.

My existing stove quit two days before the first confirmed delivery date. I complained to local Lowe's and corporate headquarters. Lowe's did send a stove that I could use until rescheduled delivery date. It has been an ordeal. Here I sit on rescheduled delivery date and haven’t heard anything from Lowe's...no phone call and/or email. I explained to Lowe's management that their process for delivery needs to be changed. I wouldn’t be as upset if lowes notified me at least one day before about delivery date. I have other issues with Lowe's about the delivery fiasco but too long to write. I will be shopping at Home Depot from now on. Lowe's has lost my business.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Absolutely the worst experience you can ever imagine. We purchased 30 windows for our home and contracted with Lowe’s to have them installed by one of their subcontractors White Glove. The windows were installed incorrectly which Pella the manufacture verified. It took many phone calls, emails, to finally have them reinstalled. Almost two years later and our home is still not complete because of the delay. Because of the delay in the renovations to the house we lost a considerable amount of money.

After months of going back and forth with executive office and promises for compensation, we received nothing. They just kept dragging us along hoping we would go away. I just hope no one ever has to endure what we did and would advise you to shop elsewhere, where there are contractors who know how to do home renovations and not have to watch a YouTube video to install doors and windows. Don't make the same mistake we did, ask for references, make sure the contractor you use is licensed insured and has documentation to prove so.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

We had place an order online through Lowe’s on 10/16/2018, it said the product will delivery to our house by 11/01/2018. Got the confirmation delivery email on 10/29/2018. On the date (11/01), I had stay home waiting for the delivery (8 am to 8 pm). We received the phone call from Lowe ’s, saying that this is a special order, so it will have to take another 2 weeks 11/16 to your place. I called the customer service right away, they basically said, "The delivery date you agree just an estimate, when you place order online you agree to our term & policies." Told me to call back on the 11/05 to see if the item was delivered to their distribution center.

I called back on the 5th, they told me the item is not arrived yet, will call me at the 6th... On November 6th, they call me back saying that she just get off the phone with vendor, the vendor told her is on backorder. So now the product will be their distribution center on the 11/15. And will take another 2 weeks for it to ship to my house. With all this terrible service, I highly recommended anyone not to shop at Lowe’s.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Our journey started on 11th of March 2018, in which we were lowered into the Lowe's abyss. My wife (we can call her Denise - I do) and I stopped into our neighborhood Lowe's to look and maybe purchase Kitchen cabinets. We were meet by a very nice and helpful salesperson, Passha **. She helped us pick out the cabinets we liked, completed our floor plan in CAD, that I supplied her. She also helped us pay for our cabinets and Granite countertops at the help desk. Passha stated “we would still have to call two companies to complete our delivery and installation”. One for cabinet delivery and after the cabinet were delivered and installed. The other we needed to call, make an appointment (in Orlando) show up and pick our granite slab we wanted for our counter. To which we did both.

Fast forward three months, Kitchen was ready for cabinets to be delivered on a Thursday 5th of July. The day came and the delivery people show up, They were professional, but this is when the confusion began. 41 boxes were supposed to be delivered, but to no avail. They only left 39 boxes. After they left, we found Two boxes were missing. I called the delivery company right away, but they could not help us. We had to call KraftMaid direct. They were unable to help us either, until they investigated. To add to the situation, since one of the lower cabinets was one of the missing, we could not schedule the countertop measuring until all the lower cabinets were delivered and installed.

Meanwhile one of the upper cabinets was found to be to large 41 x 39 inches (the space was only 37 inches) and did not fit. So we called our Lowe's, spoke with Passha again, and ordered 1- 36" cabinet, 1- 41' Spacer and another kickboard (we did not have enough of either) went in, paid and to have them delivered to the store.

Weeks went by, then the delivery company called and would be delivering our two missing cabinets Tuesday, July 26th. To save time, we went back to Lowe's and ask them if they can call the counter company? Have them schedule to come out and make a template and they do. They came to our home on July 31st as promised, very friendly and precise. Meanwhile, we are still awaiting our special order cabinet to arrive. Cannot write the rest of the story. Bottom line the counter installers cannot come until Aug 21st a full month after they measured ~un f'en believable. After repeated calls and visits, we receive a text message from a Lowe's associate, stating “that our cabinets were in”. Saturday August the 4th. We stopped in the Lowe's at the pick-up desk and inquired about our delivery.

The young man behind the counter could not find anything under our name on the computer system, except an order from 3 years ago. I told him that we would go to the cabinet area and see if they could check and see where they were. When we went back to the kitchen area there was no one around (it was early in the morning), so we stopped an appliance person and asked for help. He took our information and made a call. Upon his return he stated that “they were not doing any installation and that it was a mistype”.

I explained to him that we were here to pick up our special order, not get installation. He left again and a half hour later he came back with 3 boxes. I told him that he is missing one box (the kick plate) we ordered. He left and returned again with the long box stating they were nowhere near each other. We thank him profusely and left with our items. I placed a call Monday August 6th, to the Counter installation company to see when we could set up installation of the granite counters, since they never called us. The women I spoke to said “she needed to find out first if they still had the granite slab my wife had picked (My Wife Took Picture of the Slab she picked) out months ago and will call me back”.

Since she did not return my call, I called her back. I called her, Thursday morning August 9th again but she was not there, the man who answered, took my name and said “he would have her call”. She did in fact call that afternoon with installation date of 21st of August, almost a full month after they measured. I ask if this was the earliest? She said “Yes”. I do not know about others but literary 5 months have gone by without a kitchen since we started this project. Some from our end, but mostly from companies working for Lowe's. A manager did call back, but never really help us in any way. At this point I would not recommend or use Lowe's for any other large project again…

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I am so favorably impressed with the Millwork (doors & windows) dept. at the Lowe's store in Kalispell, MT. Frank was great help in ordering doors and windows. Then when I had a problem because my builder had given me incorrect information on the size door I needed, Steve was incredibly helpful in issuing a refund and doing research to make sure I got the perfect new door. John, the manager, was also very helpful.

Lowe's also made two deliveries to our house out in the country. Both times the delivery men came right when they said they would, and were polite, careful and efficient. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the service I've received. Everyone I've dealt with acted like they actually cared that I got just the right product for our project. I should also mention that I do shop around and have almost always found the quality and prices of home improvement supplies (this is the third major remodel we've done) to be as good or better than anywhere else.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We are working a home remodeling project involving remove and replace our existing flooring. A good size job requiring a general contractor. Lowe's offered to take care of the installation for me until I discovered they're double the market rate for labor. And I nearly signed out of blind trust for Lowe's. This factor would be exacerbated if I choose financing with Lowe's. This has absolutely undermined my faith in this company: (Lowe's/Clackamas, OR). Trust is a perishable thing.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I purchased two Kohler toilets at the Lowe's Raleigh (Barton Grove location) on 10/18. The toilets were both in stock. Initially, I planned to have a private plumber install the toilets, but decided 3 days later that I would have Lowe's installation contractors do the install due to the price. I went into the store on 10/22, to complete the paperwork for the installation. I was surprised to discover that my order was not under my name, but someone else -- but not concerned because the sales associate corrected the problem. But then, he could not locate the product(s). Once he 'found' the missing toilets, he told me he would put the products in the area for the installation contractors to pick them up -- specifically telling me that they had a 48 hour window to contact me. I left the store hopeful that I would have the new toilets installed within the next week.

I called the store on 10/30 to inquire about the status of my order/installation. I was told that the products were not in stock. I called Lowe's corporate office (a very nice lady took down my information (complaint) apologized and told me that CPO would assuredly be able to assist me since it was an installation issue). She gave me their number and I called. I spoke with Andy at CPO, who told me that the delay was probably due to someone not getting an email. Ummm I suggested that his explanation was a bit weak... surely Lowe's has inventory management software as well as CRM. But he assured me that he'd already reached out to the contractor assigned to install the toilets (Progressive Plumbing -- Candance) -- who verified with him that they would contact me by EOB (10/30) to set up a date and time for the install).

I never heard from the contractor. So I went into the store on 10/31 and spoke with the store manager (Brett) who took my phone number and assured me that he would look into the status of my order and committed that he would get back to me ASAP. I gave up on Lowe's on Saturday, 11/3 -- went into the store and cancelled my order for the toilets (approximately $383 and installation approximately $353). This experience was very disappointing and a tremendous waste of my time. As of this date no one from Lowe's has followed up with me... so I think it is safe to say that based on this experience, Lowe's either has an employee training problem or worse... their leadership doesn't care about customer retention. I will do my best to find an alternative to Lowe's in the future. They deserve a zero '0'. They've earned it.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

The oven in our old range failed around Thanksgiving 2017. We ordered a new Samsung Range from Lowe's expecting to have it installed before Christmas. Lowe's delivered two faulty ranges in a row and would do nothing to help us get a functioning unit. Multiple phone calls over an entire month to the store, to Lowe's customer service center and to the installer gave us no relief. We cancelled our order and purchased one from a different vendor. Lowe's, then, began disputing the amount of refund that we were due. We had to provide proof three times before they refunded the full amount due to us. Will never shop at Lowe's again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Do not use the Lowe's Lutz location for any type of window or door installation. Waiting 6 months for my door and windows and still are not in. The manager of the store is absolutely horrible. Have had to call customer service and Lowe's corporate several times now in order to rectify the problem. I have been told numerous lies in regards to the situation. Stay away unless you want to wait for a year for installation. By the way they use third-party installers who don't even know what they're doing. I go to Lowe's because I thought I could rely on them. If you choose this store you can forget about that. They do not help you with any issues and you're on your own.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We purchased a stainless steel 4 piece (fridge, gas stove, dishwasher and microwave) on labor day this year. I just received the fridge last Thursday. Almost 2 entire months to get it. When it was delivered the drivers said that their hands were dirty and they couldn't remove any of the packaging. So later that night I removed it all to uncover a 4 inch scratch right on the front of the fridge! I called back immediately to let them know. They took my information and I have yet to hear back. On top of the fact when we purchased all of this we specifically stated we have propane gas for the stove.

After using the stove the first time it turned my pots and pans BLACK, my counter top BLACK and my white farm sink BLACK. It took 2 weeks to get someone to come and look at it and they said it was delivered for natural gas. He was able to switch over 4 of the 5 burns and I am STILL waiting on my 5th burner to be fixed. The dishwasher backs up into the sink but they won't look at it because they say that it is in our drains however we NEVER had that issue with our old dishwasher which worked fine we were just upgrading our kitchen and it was time for new appliances. I should have went somewhere else. I have a Lowe's credit card and will never go back again. Time to go and new kitchen cabinets somewhere else!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Ordered a home generator through a Lowe's salesman and he led me to believe they could have the generator delivered and installed within 30 days. He pushed me to pay the whole amount up front to ensure that the generator was there fast due to a coming storm. So I did, but it took more than two months to just get the generator in. I was called by a moving company stating that my generator was going to be delivered the next day and it was at Lowe's. The next day the delivery was canceled and Lowe's stated the generator was not in. They told me it would be an additional 20 to 25 days until it came in. The reason for the flex time was according to who you talked to. Still have not got my generator. Fairfax, VA store.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My husband and I went to Lowe's because we wanted to purchase an exterior door and have it installed. We went to the store, and they scheduled the installer to come and measure the door so we would know what size door to buy. After they came by, we went to the store again to choose and purchase the door and the installation. When we got there, they couldn't find our paperwork at first. They eventually found it, and we were able to purchase the door and were told that the installer would contact us within 48 hours.

About four days later when we hadn't heard anything from them, my husband called and was told that the door hadn't been received at the store yet, and that is why they didn't call. The thing is, though, that the door was in stock when we went there to buy it, and it should have been pulled to the back of the store. Customer service said it wasn't there, so the following weekend, we stopped by the store to see what was up. The store associate working there said that it was indeed in the back with our name on it. My husband called customer service again, and they insisted that it wasn't there. We are now going on a week-and-a-half with no scheduled installation date.

My husband told them that they have until this Friday to give us a date, or we are getting a refund and going to Home Depot. I guess we should have expected this when we attempted to buy an air conditioning system from them, and their sales guy never bothered to call us back. Evidently, Lowe's isn't interested in selling their merchandise anymore.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I ordered a fridge/freezer online with a delivery date two weeks out. I made arrangements at work for time off and emptied my fridge of food the day before, ready for the new one. On that day I received an email saying the fridge had not arrived at the store and gave another delivery date. That date did not work with my schedule so I called to arrange a better day, another two weeks away. All set - vacation day booked at work, automated call to my phone with the “two hour” delivery window of 1 pm to 4 pm (?) the night before, indicated that my delivery was indeed scheduled.

Raced home from work and sat at home until 4 pm. Called Lowe's to find I had been “crossed off the delivery list”. The fridge only arrived at their store that morning. Apparently that means it can’t be delivered the same day. Guess no one thought to let me know. They said they could deliver it later in the week but I don’t want to take any more time off work. I asked them to cancel the order and refund my credit card. They managed to charge my credit card of course. That’s the only bit they got right. I’ll struggle on with my old fridge, thanks Lowe’s.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

A consultant came to house and told us they would race gutters and woodwork was included. We pointed out specifically what our concerns were and what we wanted. I ordered gutter and waited 2 months before in install began. I was very dissatisfied with results. They were installed on top of rotten wood and a spout in front of my doorway. I contacted Lowe's several times and no one would return my phone call. It was over 20 days before I received a call back stating that the only resolution was I hire someone to come out and put up woodwork and then they come back to install.

The problem is no professional company wants to touch someone else job. I am so sick they refuse to give or send me a copy of my contract. We paid over 1500 for the install and the customer service was awful. The corporate manager of the external department in N.C was very rude and unprofessional. She based decisions before analyzing the case. She never contacted the consultant to see what was negotiated when in fact the job never should have been considered after visually seeing the rotten wood.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I purchased a high end washer and dryer from Lowe's in West Windsor, NJ. They called at 8PM (while I was on a flight) the night before the delivery to say they were coming between 9AM and noon. As I had a doctor's appointment at that time, I called first thing in the morning to ask to move the time. The lady that answered said they would move me to that afternoon. Sure enough, the delivery guys show up at 9am as I'm leaving for my appointment and claim they did not get the message and cannot come back until later that week. I called back and another lady answered and said I should never have been told they could do it that afternoon (as they don't do that apparently), but had no way or interest in making the previous woman accountable or aware for future callers.

Later that week they showed up as expected but claimed they could not install the dryer because the house is propane and not natural gas, and they are not authorized to convert to propane. They suggested I get a handyman. I hired a handyman who came and confirmed I do not have propane, but in fact natural gas. His guess is Lowe's saw a gas line coming from outside the house and assumed propane, though the pipe was actually carrying natural gas to a gas grill. The handyman installed the dryer without issue with the gas, but noted it has a steam function and Lowe's did not include a pipe to connect the water line to the dryer.

I called Lowe's to complain about all of the above. They said they would refund me the $20 installation fee (but can't do anything about the $150 I just paid the handyman due to their screw up), and confirmed they did not send the pipe for the steam which the person who sold me the dryer should have done. Again, no plan for accountability or correcting these issues for future customers (which is probably why it keeps happening)!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

This was a very stressful and difficult experience. Lowe’s Service Manager leaves out certain key points and then just says, "Get your receipt at the front." No paperwork like Home Depot who actually prints out an invoice clearly and includes a checklist, delivery information, a special gas dryer delivery checklist as well, plus a special phone number for any customer questions or assistance. I spent three hours on the phone with six different people at Lowe’s and none of them could help me; all were supposed Service Managers. I really did not want to have to contend with this after the recent death of my husband!!! I returned the washer and dryer and purchased them at Home Depot.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I went to Lowe's for my master bath remodel, because I trusted them fully. The sales person showed us showers, which he said the VA would approve for a disabled veteran. Not so, the VA would have approved a much less expensive shower. He choose the subcontractor. Once we completed the order process and made payment, the salesperson informed us that he would no longer be our go to person, we would be contacted by the subcontractor to schedule the work and if we had any problems he gave of us a name at corp that we should call. When we had a problem he was never available. This started in January, and with the problems we have had it still is not completed. Lowe's told us that after careful consideration of our claim and based upon the information obtained in their opinion that they would not be held responsible for this incident.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I ordered 2 appliances on 8/17. Dishwasher was correct, gas range incorrect. Didn't see it until next day, no self cleaning. Went to store, mgr. took my order with credit card receipt attached. Promised me compensation. Waited, called in a week to see when stove would come in. Mgr, Josh, forgot to order it. Next one that came in was damaged. 3rd range which was delivered & installed today (after complaining to corporate & making a formal complaint) only to find out the nipple on the back of the stove was damaged and gas was leaking. Tried calling Gina, installation dept. to see if and when the new stove would be ordered. No answer on phone, held on for 10 minutes after being disconnected 2xs. I want the new stove for FREE! Installer was great, he couldn't believe he has had to install and uninstall for the same order.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I have been a Lowe's customer since 1991 and a credit card holder since 2009. The service has tanked so bad if I could give them no stars I would have. I paid early on my monthly payments and they STILL charged me late fees. If I hadn't reviewed my statement I would have never known. So I called and guess what They REFUSE to reverse the charges. Crooked in my opinion. At the very next chance I will be paying the card off and cancelling it and I will NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING EVER AGAIN from them. I was a Lowe's customer no matter what. Not anymore. Home Depot or ANYONE ELSE has my business. If Lowe's is the only one that has what I need to fix something I will let it be broke. JERKS!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

So I recently ordered a new washer and dryer to my new home. Took a day off of work to try to fit into their delivery window of 7 am to 9 pm. Well come 9:30 pm still no delivery and was told drivers were not answering. Long story short it is now 3 days past when I should have received my appliances and still nothing. I was told they will "try" to deliver to me today or tomorrow. I only give one star because it is not an option to give 0 or negative. I will NEVER get delivery from Lowe's again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I'm a long time, regular customer of Lowe's Home Improvement in N.E. Bakersfield, CA. for almost 10 years give or take. Over the years I have learned the names and faces of the employees that have helped me over time and always have appreciated the help that has been given. Yesterday as I was pulling in the parking lot of the store closest to the entrance and I parked in a parking spot next to an off gold colored Chevy Avalanche but not to sure of the year. But as I got out my work truck and came around to the passenger side I noticed an employee leaning forward in the driver seat with a clear pipe of some sort with a small torch lighting up the ball end of it. As soon as he noticed me looking at him, the employee immediately put the paraphernalia down to his lap as I continued to make my way to the entrance.

I recognized the employee almost immediately and after getting my materials I asked to speak with the store manager. The store manager I have known to be there was no longer there and the employee at the checkout stand informed me of the new management was a woman but was not currently available at that time. As I was leaving the store and going to my vehicle I noticed that the employee's vehicle was still there parked. I had made a mental note to myself to contact the manager to discuss the employee using drugs while on the job, before the job or on his lunch break. Regardless it was not something I want to see going into the store. I'm thinking I might switch to Home Depot around the corner. I couldn't imagine having my grandkids with me and having to see that. Really upset me that an employee is so bold to smoke ** directly in front of the store.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information