Lowe's Home Improvement

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THEM EVEN 1-STAR BUT CANNOT GO ON UNLESS I GIVE THEM ONE - I purchased quite a few rod iron panels from Lowe's a couple of years ago. The salesman told me that this rod iron would last me 10 years plus before it might start to rust, maybe longer. Less than a year it started to rust terribly to a point that it had to be replaced or my beautiful dogs (who are my family) would get out. They are Siberian huskies and this breed most of the time when gone can never be found. I was scared to let them out or even go to work. I contacted Lowe's immediately and they told me that they had a terrible time with this particular rod iron, had a lot of complaints about it, and would be glad to just have one of their guys bring over new panels. They told me that they are dealing with a new company, who guarantees their product, and that this rod iron should last me 20 years plus.

They dropped off the rod iron at my house and I had it re-installed. They refused to pay for the install (which I think is really crappy but typical Lowe's); I just wanted my dogs safe. This rod iron only lasted a hair over a year, and rotted much worse than the original rod iron. Between Lowe's and the company they bought the rod iron from, they were going to replace it and pay for the install. I then ended up working with a Hispanic man calling himself Richard at the Lowe's in Tempe, AZ on Baseline Rd. He and I did not get along (and by the way, he called me before our big blow-up and said that he found the paperwork on all of this.) After our blow-up, he told me to basically kiss his a-- that he had now decided not to help me at all, and that I am on my own, and hung up on me. I told him in our many conversations that I am treating for breast cancer, cannot afford to replace and pay for all of this myself, etc, and he did not seem to care.

I got so mad at him (and please understand I was very sick from chemo and he knew that) that I said to him I bet if I was Mexican, he would have had all of it re-installed by now. He agreed with me and said I was correct, that if I were Mexican, he would have taken care of me long ago. I don't know what all he told the higher ups, but he lied to them and said that he never found any of my paperwork from the previous purchase and delivery, told them that I threatened him, which I did not, and denied the entire Mexican conversation. What a jerk, but I believe this is just the kind of people Lowe's hires. I am still very sick, have high cancer bills, and cannot afford to pay for the replacement and installation of new panels and still worry everyday I may not have my dogs any longer. I hate Lowe's for what they have done to me and think they should own up to this.

Called to schedule service on my dryer on April 12, 2017. The service was set for April 13th between 1 pm-5 pm with A&E services. Took half the day off from work to be home. At 4:50 pm realized no one was going to show. So I called Lowe's extended warranty and turns out the servicing company never got the scheduled appointment. WOW, HALF a day lost from work. Now Lowe's supervisor GUARANTEED me that they would be out Monday the 17th for sure between 1 pm-5 pm again that he was speaking directly with them and they apologized for this.

Well here we are again on Monday the 17th and once again the same excuse something happened with scheduling system and A&E didn't have me in on the calendar for today. So yup I call AGAIN and, "Oh we are so sorry about this but the earliest someone can come out is April the 27th." Well what kind of ** is this. Can't get anyone out to service my dryer that I paid to have this "Extended Warranty" and it doesn't work. Very frustrated because my dryer isn't working, a whole day missed from work and still no solution. I now have to wait another week and a half and who knows if they will even show up. Oh and yes this next time is with a different company and now it's between 9 am-5 pm another day without pay. WORST SERVICE EVER.

I bought a lawn mower from Lowes a few months back. It wasn't the cheap one but it wasn't the expensive one either, I bought the mid-grade lawn mower as my yard is not very big. After I cut my grass just one time, the lawn mower stopped working and would no longer start. I took the lawn mower back to Lowe's and at first they did not want to help because I didn't have the receipt. They decided that they would just let me replace it, as they should knowing I had only owned the mower for less than 30 days.

I was also told that the reason the mower stopped working was because I wasn't using an additive to the gasoline and that I needed to buy this additive to use for the new mower. I bought the additive, mixed the proper amount with the gas and mowed the grass. Everything worked great, so I thought. The second time I went to cut the grass with the new mower, it would no longer start! I tried everything I could and double checked the gas, spark plug, oil, etc. I couldn't figure out the problem. I brought the mower to Lowe's to tell them what happened and the only solution they could come up with was that I pay to have it repaired...

I told them a second time that the mower is new, the first one stopped working for the same reason and that I was told to use an additive. I had done everything the right way and it seemed to be a defective design in the product because it is not working. They said that the only thing they could do is have it sent off and I pay for the repair. The lawn mower is brand new, it shouldn't need a repair let alone me pay for it! I ended up speaking to the manager, Brain, and he less than helpful and rude in his tone. I wasn't there for anything other than help and they took it as I was just trying to get something for free when in reality I just wanted a working mower that I already paid for, not free.

They were no help and I was not about to pay for a repair on a new mower when that with shipping would cost close to a new mower. As I walking out of the door, a very nice gentleman came up to me, who was an employee there, and told me that if I decide to buy a new mower or get it fixed that I should buy the gas there at Lowe's because it doesn't have Ethanol and those mowers can't use Ethanol or they will break. Why the hell is this the first time I'm hearing this after two lawn mowers break!!! This guy wasn't even the manager, he was just looking out for me and doing his job by informing a customer about a very important piece of information when buying that mower. If I had known that from the beginning, I wouldn't have bought that mower.

The manager, the customer service reps, and the person who originally helped me for my first purchase did not know about the Ethanol situation and did not know to tell people to buy the gas from Lowe's which doesn't have Ethanol! I went back and read the manual and nothing in it says anything about Ethanol! I am so angry with Lowe's and with their customer service, I will not be going back and will tell all my friends and family about my experience. Home Depot, here we come!

Lowe's on Two Notch in Columbia, SC is convenient compared to Home Depot so I have frequently shop there. The only area where they do not fail to disappoint is with expectations. If you expect good customer service they will not disappoint. The staff does not seem to care, they need to find someone else to assist because "that is not my department" and the lines and efficiency in the gardening department for checkout are outrageous. I waited 15 minutes for a manager's override which made the other 10 people behind me have to wait. I had to make a return at the Service Desk because "I cannot do that here". I walked up and no one acknowledge me for two minutes even though I was the only customer there at that point.

When Shionda finally began to assist me she answered the phone 10 times and started slamming it down out of frustration. She was then unable to complete the return by herself and needed a manager to assist. There are many more stories like this, like not getting return phone calls when you are trying to order flooring for bathroom. Don't try to order online and do a store pickup. The item is never ready and you have to wait longer than if you had walked in. I have to ask what their process and procedures are for hiring and training good employees? The management at this store is clearly inept which carries over to the management of the day to day operations. Even though Home Depot is 2 miles further away I can count on great, friendly and helpful staff. Coming your way today Home Depot.

I wish I could give a 0 star. I paid $2,583.23 on March 16, 2017 for cabinets to be installed in my craft room. I was told that it would take 3-5 business days for the cabinets to arrive from the warehouse, and up to a week thereafter to have them installed. The dates quoted were fine because the project would be done before Easter. As my home is the host home for Easter, this was important to me. The cabinets did not arrive within 5 days. I was then told they would arrive by March 24. That didn't happen either. The cabinets finally arrived on March 29th, but the order was short 2 cabinets. ALL the cabinets FINALLY showed up on April 4th, and the installer, Myron, arrived on April 7th. Upon inspection, Myron discovered that one of the drawer units was broken. Myron told me that nothing could be installed until all the pieces arrived without defect. He left, and I was stuck with a room full of cabinetry and boxes.

The replacement unit was ordered, and it arrived April 12th. My husband and I went to pick it up and brought it home. On April 14th, another installer, George, arrived. Upon his inspection, he told me that Myron's inspection was faulty. Two of the cabinets should have the dimensions of 24X30, but instead were 30X24. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! It is clear that my home will not be ready to host anything in 3 days. Something that was supposed to take no more than 2 weeks is taking a month, and it still won't be finished because Lowe's is incompetent. I cannot believe that I have spent over $2,500 of my hard earned money for nothing more than a headache and a bunch of excuses and ridiculousness. I will never again count on Lowe's for anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

I purchased a stainless steel refrigerator from Lowe's in 2015. In the past 3 months my ice maker stopped working. I called Lowe's Warranty and they sent a tech. This unknowledgeable tech told me to fix the ice maker. I need to put a piece of wood under the left side of my refrigerator and this will fix the issue. A piece of wood under a $1200+ refrigerator did not sound right at all. So I called Lowe's again and requested a new 3rd party vendor tech or whomever they use for service to come out. Guess what. The Supervisor assured me a new company and new tech will come out and guess what, the same guys with no company logo on truck or shirt comes again. He looks at the refrigerator again and diagnose the issue to be a piece of wood needs to be under the refrigerator.

I was livid and call Lowe's Warranty again and spoke to another supervisor that promised to send another tech out but it will have to be 4/14/2017. Today the same tech shows up at my door with his iPhone and screwdriver and I politely advised him "you service is not needed and I will contact Lowe's Warranty again." Lowe's warranty does not honor their warranty on appliances. The tech that showed up at my door should not be in the fixing business. Lowe's warranty will not do anything to replace or fix my 2 year old refrigerator purchased from them. I will never buy from Lowe's ever. This is a horrible company and their warranty program needs to be revisited and scrapped. Customers are 1st.

I purchase quite a bit of home improvement products for my home, lake house and rental properties. For a number of years, I have made my purchases at Home Depot, primarily because it is convenient. In the past year, Home Depot's service has gone downhill. For my latest major purchase, I decided to give Lowe's in Keller a chance to earn my business. What a mistake! This was probably my worst experience with any retailer in my lifetime. Inexperienced employees, not enough employees to provide assistance of a major purchase and poor customer service. When I asked to meet with the manager, I discovered why the store was in the shape it was in. I explained my problems and asked for his help. He could care less if I made my major purchase at Lowe's. When I told him I would go back to Home Depot, he just walked away. I went ahead and made my purchase at Lowe's (unfortunately) because of all the time I'd already spent there.

When I went to receive my product, it was not ready. I waited 1 hour for them to locate the product, and it was not set up properly and 1 part was missing. They said they'd locate it another store the next day. 3 days later, they called and said the part was ready to pick up. When I went to pick it up, it took an hour to locate it. I could go on and on with details, but I think you get the point. I have never been treated as poorly and disrespectful by a store manager as this one at Lowe's in Keller. Needless to say, I will NEVER shop at Lowe's again!

Lack of competent management, greed, absolutely no idea what customer service is. We were 2 hours with 2 Lowe’s management team deciding on the right mower to buy, ending up getting screwed. They were so nice when convincing you to buy a product, and very knowledgeable about THEIR mowers that they sell are made by MTD. HAHAHAHA way to throw MTD under the bus, they have to be the WORLD'S LARGEST manufacturers of straight up **.

When we first arrived we looked at a Husqvarna that had been returned twice for repairs, which they found a sucker to buy for 1,400.00. When asked about it they lied and told us it was 1,500.00, I saw and heard the transaction with the person who bought it. I could go on, and on but I prefer to give them a chance until tomorrow, after that you can see the rest of my story on FACEBOOK LIVE. I will give the proper link tomorrow if not resolved, and everyday after that, I will make sure consumers are aware of the poor service Lowe's provides. I will also do every social media that can be found to man all the way down to BEARSHARE, that way even the younger generation will know not to shop at Lowe's.

I bought a GE refrigerator. It was delivered 2-22-2017 and the guys delivering was nice but when they peeled the plastic film off it left a lot of glue on the refrigerator. They said, "Just wash it with soap and water." I tried and it did nothing. I finally went back to Lowe's and was told it was past 30 days so it wasn't much that he could do. He sold me a can of Goo Gone and it has made a mess. I hope I can get it cleaned up. The refrigerator works ok. It is a little noisy.

I purchased a Troy Bilt riding mower from Lowe's on Sunday, April 2, 2017. I was told it would be delivered early Tuesday morning. I couldn't be there but my wife could be until noon. I got a call about 11:00 telling me they would deliver the mower between 2:00 and 4:00. I quit work early since my wife could no longer wait for them. I was there from 1:00 on and no delivery was made until 6:00. No apologies or explanation. I went to Lowe's the next morning to complain and they didn't care. They said if I wanted to return it they could put my name on a list and they could pick it up within 10 days. I said never mind. I went home got it loaded on my truck and returned it for my refund. I went to Home Depot and bought a Cub Cadet.

On April 2017 Lowe's recommended Santa Maria Design for counter tops for my bathroom since Lowe's informed me they would not be able to cut the pieces I needed for my bathroom. I contacted the company and after the service received I would like it to be known that the service provided was very poor, extremely unprofessional. I have around 19 points of documentation of the service provided. I would not recommend this company to anyone. No one should have to go thru what I went thru.

Just bought new riding lawn mower Mar 31. Went to use it today and blade would not engage. Looked down and belt was laying on deck. As I went to lower deck could see the part for this was not working right either. Husband is disabled vet and he can't get on ground so called Lowe's and mgr said he would get new mower out to us and would call back. He never called back so I called 4 times asking for mgr and got caught off 4 times. Finally got mgr but was a different person and he said someone would come out tomorrow. This is ridiculous. Mower breaking with first use is not good indicator of things to come. I want a new mower. This one is a piece of crap and probably is dry rotted through and through. Lowe's will not get my business if this is not resolved to my satisfaction. Horrible service for disabled veteran who can't walk or take care of such things!!

Horrible experience at Milledgeville, GA. First I have to point out that their phone service is the worst! Departments don't answer phones. Managers say they'll get back to you but don't. I had ordered carpet and padding and installation for my home. The installers booked it for me. The day they were supposed to come they didn't show up. Kept calling Lowe's (what a joke). Turns out that they still did not have the carpet there yet. Manager said he would find out what happened but he still has not called back either. The installers didn't bother to call me either. So take my money and sweep me under the carpet (no pun intended).

I purchased a Troy-Bilt mower from Lowe's on 07/20/2016 and used it 2 times for the season. I can't get it to start so I done everything possible as they suggest. I tried to exchange it on 04/09/17 and was told the return policy is 30 days. How can I even know if it is a good product in 30 days? I went to the troybilt.com website and also done a Google search only to find out they have hundreds of bad reviews on this particular product (TB110). I told them that and the girl said, "Yes but no money back and no exchange. Repair only." I will not be shopping at Lowe's ever again. Personal or for my business. THANKS!

My experience with Customer Service with Lowe's of NC has been the worse experience of my life. I usually do on the average of 10K dollars a year of business with Lowe's. I will never shop there again, my most recent experience over the last month has been a nightmare. The employees working at the North Ramsey story were worse than rude, they would not even acknowledge your presence when seeking assistance. I paid cash for Bosch dishwasher and installation, it's been a month and 7 days and the dishwasher is still broke, it worked one time before leaking all over the kitchen floor. Three technicians have been out to repair it without success, I cannot get Lowe's to replace it.

I have made calls to Lowe's corporate headquarters in Wilkesboro and Charlotte without any success in getting the dishwasher replaced. I get repetitive evasive answers and continuous referrals to other store representatives without any resolution to the issue. The only direct answer is "we will send someone out to check on the appliance" that has been done twice and was told it cannot be repaired and this is a new dishwasher. To date I have talked to Production Managers, Service Specialist, various other employees from different stores in the last 5 weeks without any resolution. This treatment associated with the demeanor of the floor employees of the Fayetteville Lowe's leads to the conclusion that you want to shop anywhere but at the Lowe's Store on North Ramsey, Fayetteville, NC.

Overall very happy with my new kitchen remodel. However, the complaints from the guys on site for the drywall, electrical, etc was horrible. We live in between 2 Lowes sites. We chose the site where the customer service is better. Apparently the contractor they use is from the West side, so the guys assigned to our job had to drive an hour to get to our house. Every time someone came, all I heard was how far they had to drive (an hour). On top of that, we had a storm and lost power for 5 days. We bought a generator for our necessity and convenience (middle of Winter) and one of the workers was complaining "did they go out and buy a generator so we would have to work?" He obviously didn't realize I had walked into the room. I had called the contractor that morning and told him that we were still out of power but had a generator so if anyone needed to work, we had power.

The electrician cheaped out on the electrical. He tied the under-cabinet lighting into a 15 amp circuit - should have been a 20. Also, he tied the stove and dishwasher together into a 15 amp circuit. Should have been 2 separate lines on a 20 amp circuit. Part of the Lowes deal is the "coordinator" that will contact you about 2 times a week to check in with you with any updates and answer questions. I didn't hear from her for 3 weeks, she never returned phone calls. If she did it was days later. I also had to make phone calls to coordinate with the Lowes store on deliveries, etc. It was just faster. I believe, technically, I'm still waiting for a couple of phone calls. I would give 2.5 / 10 stars. Love my cabinets and new kitchen but was not thrilled with all other extra "stuff" that I had to deal with.

Ordered my product online ship to store. Was supposed to be in on a certain date and wasn't delivered. Called and was told the shipping label was wrong so city was canceled and shipped again. Was given a tracking number, tracked it and it gave a delivery date. Again it wasn't there at 7 pm. Called customer service, they told me was 5-10 days from 2 days before I called. 15 minutes later, approximately 845 pm, I got a call from the store saying my item was in. Terrible. I will never order from here again.

Hired Lowe's to install seamless Allen Roth laminate flooring. Store employees and 2 installers said no problem. 3 months later planks separated. Lowe's sent installer back to fix it. Installer chipped floor and covered it with rug. 3 months later, floors started separating again. Another installer came to inspect floor. Installer said he would use seams to fix floor. Lowe's then stated they wouldn't relay the floor but they could fix it using seams. Lowe's said manufacturer specs said seams have to be every so many feet. My lower level is 400 sq ft and second floor about the same. Seems ridiculous to have so many seams in such a small area. Lowe's never said seamless was a problem until third person.

I researched that installers company through Better Business Bureau and they had an "F" rating for hiring unlicensed employees. Lowe's said I could tear up flooring and return it for refund. I told them to come tear it up, bc I initially had it ready for laminate install. Would not recommend Lowe's for flooring install. I looked up Allen Roth warranty and it doesn't say anything about needing seams.

I committed to a Lowe's fence purchase and installation on February 23. I still don't have a fence as of April 6, nor an install date. This, after telling the salesman my one hesitation about signing the contract and paying all that money was fear that install would take forever. The Lowe's salesman said not to worry. But so far my install meets the definition of "forever." Emails and phone calls to the Lowe's install/sales go unanswered. I always have to call back when I can catch them. I hear about problems with the parts order, but that should not be my problem. Forty-two days and counting. Consider that when deciding where to get your next fence.

I purchased a portable AC unit for my home office several weeks ago & returned it because it was too loud, my clients were having a hard time hearing me on the phone. I used my debit card to purchase. When realizing the amount was not available next day I did some research to discover many people were told it could take up to 15 days for the money to be returned to their account! There is no such thing as "paper-pushing" and my return was only approx $350. I used my debit card (same as cash, deducted immediately from my account) and this is a $50B dollar company. Why do I not get my money back immediately, same as when they took it from me? This is EXTORTION... I will NEVER SERVICE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

This practice should be illegal! I am not letting this go, I am going to run this up the flagpole to the highest level. They are holding back money from customer returns to earn interest from banks. Just a few days = thousands of dollars interest. This is no accident, or "banking logistics" - this is EXTORTION! When we pay = immediate deduction. When we return = up to 15 days! NOT! People... DO NOT SHOP AT LOWE'S & REPORT THEM BBB FOR THESE PRACTICES! SHAME ON YOU LOWE'S!!!

I wanted to order blinds for my newly build home and by mistake I approached Lowe's Peoria. They had all the signs that they can't get it right, but I still went there for some deals they had. There is only one person who knows how take the order and he doesn't know anything about the blinds or how it is priced. It was a pain to work with that guy. He gave me a sample booklet to choose and said everything in it has the same price. Which was wrong and I had to re do my selections. We had to learn and do it ourself and somehow I got it ordered. And they over charged me, I noticed that on my way back. I went back there to check that. Nobody there was able to explain why I was overcharged, there is difference is the calculation, but somehow they are sure, that the numbers are correct.

I was offered I can make any change in the selection within 3 days. I went there twice in 24 hours and 5 times in the given 3 days to make a color change, nobody there to help me. Finally I got the one person who thinks who knows about all this, asked me to wait and come again the next day. It was only 6 in the evening, they were open till 9. I said I will wait and want it to be done the same day. He said he will get the manager and left. Yes. He just left leaving me waiting there. I waited there for 30 minutes and nobody showed up. He just left the store. I went and asked for manager, 3 guys came who had some manager tag, and nobody bothered to help. Finally after an hour wait, I got some manager, who helped me to change the order.

More than 3 weeks called their customer care number for an update on the blinds. After a horrible automated answering machine, if you are lucky enough to get the call connected. Talked to somebody who said they got the blinds at store, and they forwarded to install department. After another set of automated answering machine and wait, the customer care agent said, nope, the blinds are not there. Another 10 min struggle, they confirmed the blinds are arrived, somebody from the install will contact us within 2 days. Nobody called us. We called Lowe's again. They asked us to contact install guys and gave their number. Called the install team, they said, they don't have any information on it. Also although I paid for the installation, the install guys are asking more money because I shipped to Lowe's.

I did not know anything about it, the so called blinds expert in Lowe's did it and he said that's how it works. I haven't got the refund on the overcharge they promised and now I have to pick it from store and get it installed. Hopefully this will be done once I pick it and I never has to go there. Just to get the blinds, I had to go 7-8 times in Lowe's and numerous calls. If you ever need any blinds, if Lowe's is the last option, do it yourself or forget about it, don't go there. Save yourself from the frustration.

I had the Latrobe store install a patio screen door which was a special order. The door is a double door. After almost a year, the screws on the hinge ripped out of the door frame and fell off. I have contacted the store since December, and they promise someone would call. It's now out of warranty and no resolution. Yes, they take your money to do the work, but NEVER show up when there's a problem. I wouldn't get them to install a dog house!!!

I've never done a review before on a business, but I can't help myself where LOWE'S is concerned. Unless you walk in that store and help yourself, it's a bust. You have to waste too much valuable time waiting for the limited number of employees to become available. I am in Baton Rouge, LA, post the flood of 2016. The service wasn't great by no means, before the flood but now it's ridiculous! I was told, after "I LEFT MY JOB" and drove across town to meet a guy, that I would be receive an estimate for flooring installation by that Thursday. That would have been 2 days later. That would have been 3/23/2017. It is now 4/4/2017 and I can't get a phone call answered.

I'm blaming management for the lack of folks available to serve customers. LOWE'S cannot deny that they are making a killing off of those who need their services after the flood. NO EXCUSES! Do what you've promised to do! No wonder LOWE'S already has one star. (Also, my materials have been purchased and paid for. I will need only a few additional items.) "Soon to be former LOWE'S credit card user." SHAME ON YOU!

I ordered a washer and dryer. They sent me an instruction book for the wrong washing machine. They told me that I would receive my correct manual in the mail. Also, delivery man accused my friend of taking his delivery book, and he made her sort through the garbage. It turned out that he had put it on the floor in another room. I found it. Poor delivery service... poor customer service. Products are good, but looking back, unless you are going to pick up the merchandise instead of having it delivered, be forewarned and go elsewhere!

On a Saturday afternoon, only two registers are open! These are the customer service counter registers so two registers to deal with checkout, returns, etc. There are two self-checkout registers which I typically avoid on principle. I believe these replace employees. (And I've had problems with them in the past.) However, upon thinking of using one, found that the only available one is broken. At that point we decided to leave the store without purchasing anything. As someone (said she was running the register area) arrived to fix the self-checkout register, we informed her that we were leaving due to the difficulty in checking out. She just said "OK".

I paid Lowe's to come to my home and evaluate and measure my home for hardwood flooring. In November 2016 I paid Lowe's in Lakewood Colorado over $16.000 to install the floor. Then the problems started from the multiple calls to deliver the flooring materials to the inability to install the wood flooring and reordering new flooring. Multiple trips made to the Lakewood store to settle the problems. Multiple calls to the store with disrespectable comments made. Specifically stated by an assistant manager to "Go ahead and call the corporate office. You will still have to deal with the manager at this store." Oh and he was right. The corporate office takes hours of your time. No matter what they refuse to let you speak to a general manager in Colorado.

The inability for this store to order the right baseboards, deliver the product on a date and time you request, be respectful, or have integrity is severely missing. I waited 4 months to get the flooring installed. The manager William promises he will replace the floor at no cost to me and will compensate me for my time never happened. I have a floor that is already falling apart and no choice but to consider legal action because I can't even get this manager on the phone. I would not recommend Lowe's for any install.

Sold me used, damaged/discontinued appliances. I have been ill because I am full of adhesions from multiple surgeries and have GI tract difficulties. Both of my babies were breech over thirty years ago and only one was cesarean. I have a separation in my GI tract lining and this has been prepared piecemeal over several days because I have a difficult time sitting here. It is difficult to stay dressed in street clothes and I have to spend an inordinate amount of time in bed or in the bathroom. We were in desperate need of a washer and dryer so I "bit the bullet" and went to Lowe's to take advantage of a no interest charge if paid off in twelve months. I could not stay to complete the purchase. I called Lowe's to explain medical problems and a gentleman was helpful getting everything ready so all I had to do was come in and sign. He also talked me into a five-year extended warranty so I "wouldn't have to worry".

Sept. 8, 2015 the new LG front load washer and dryer were delivered and removed from boxes. Delivery men placed them inside a recessed area of our house designated for them. They would not connect the dryer exhaust hose because they are required to connect with all new hardware/accessories and because our exhaust hose ran under the house they advised they are not allowed to crawl under houses.

When they placed the washer where it was supposed to go, it stuck out too far to be able to open the door due to part of wall and door frame. They suggested having my husband cut door frame so I could open the door to washer. I disagreed and told them to take the appliances back. I could tell they were angry at that request by the way they disconnected the water hoses. I feel retaliation ensued.

Sept. 9, 2015 I returned to Lowe's "biting the bullet" again to get credit for return and make another purchase for a top load washer. Observing how our house is set up, delivery men knew the appliances were to be installed in an area not easily monitored. We are in a small tri-level and the appliance hook-up is on the bottom/basement floor.

Sept. 10, 2015 a washer and dryer were carried in side-by-side by delivery men on what appeared to be two poles or 4 X 4's and I noticed they didn't quite match. The dryer door appeared to have been rubbing up against something (like it had been in storage somewhere?) and the washer appeared to have been "tagged" for a problem. When I questioned about why it was tagged I was told it was "marked" for me. I'm small and could vividly recall their annoyance at the previous delivery so I was intimidated to express any opposition.

Washer and dryer were placed in recessed area, only connected the water lines and men could not get out of here fast enough after hurriedly requesting I sign a paper. I'm "biting the bullet" again, feeling uncomfortable trying to read what I was asked to sign. I was told it was just to acknowledge delivery. Once signed, they were in a hurry to leave but I asked to make a copy and ran it through our fax machine because I wanted a copy of whatever I signed.

Washer was wobbly and not balanced. Called Lowe's right away and was informed it had been balanced at the store. I said our floor level must not be the same. I was then told to call the manufacturer. I explained I had purchased a five-year extended warranty that I had been advised Lowe's honored. I was then informed during the first year it was still under the manufacturer’s warranty.

The literature I was given declares the LG warranty is not valid unless appliances properly installed. It further advises we will be charged for any repairs. The dryer was not connected for reasons above and the washer had not been balanced so I was afraid use it. Since my husband had to balance washer and connected the dryer to exhaust hose I felt between a rock and a hard place. Reading through the owner's manual for the dryer there is an installation test required to confirm adequate ventilation. That had not been done due to the refusal of venting the dryer so my husband did that too.

I need to do laundry every day and I had been unable to do laundry for several days. The first time I used the washer I had a question about the way the water filled the machine so I called LG to see if it was normal. The woman I spoke with asked for the serial/model no. I couldn't understand why she needed that to tell me if the discharge was normal or not. After I gave the no(s). to her she then asked if the machine had been delivered in a box. That put up red flags because neither appliance had been delivered in a box.

It should be noted that when I received my first Lowe's charge bill the balance due was not the same amount as the ticket I signed or what was on the sales receipt. I called and was told to bring in my receipts. I went to Lowe's "biting the bullet" again with my proofs of purchase to have them make corrections. After an extended discussion and researching they finally determined I had not been given credit for the first five-year warranty purchased with the first pair of appliances. I was given $199.08 cr. which was still short $1.67. After much arguing I was given the additional $1.67. That had not been a good day for me.

I made several attempts to monitor the washer but due to my medical difficulties I was unable to constantly watch it as I noticed the water and electric bills increasing. I couldn't understand why it took so long to do loads. I finally attempted to synchronize the kitchen timer on the stove with the timer on the washer downstairs because I noticed the timing kept changing anywhere from one minute to several but this could occur more than just one time on any load. I could walk away when it had nine minutes left to finish spinning to check the stove timer, return to the washer and it had jumped up to twenty-two minutes.

Sometimes the washer would fill up all the way attempting to balance loads. When I could "bite the bullet" and watch it, sometimes it frequently stopped and started, adding water but never agitating then just draining and the tub would seem to "adjust" trying to balance. Sometimes the clothes never rinsed. When the washer stopped because of being out of balance (indicated by "UE") the instructions are to manually redistribute the load. Sometimes when that happened and I pushed to restart, it resumed but other times it would "end" without finishing the load so I had to start over.

I have to dry everything on "low" because the dryer gets too hot. Even though I kept calling Lowe's about suspected refurbished units I was repeatedly told to call the manufacturer for service. The fluctuations in the utility bills did not reflect substantial savings as indicated by the "energy saving" appliances, but I felt like I had no choice. Frustrations got worse after I received our Aug. 2016 water and electric bills that were just too much and beyond normal but there was still nothing I could do because of health problems. On or about March 13th & 17th I made attempts to sit by the machine trying to monitor. My husband was not happy about that and expressed the way he felt. That wasn't pleasant for me.

I am retired on SS. Our latest water bill is $179.38 and our electric "current charges" have increased over $100.00 plus more each month. When our usage was over $300.00 in January and our budget amount went up, I felt pressured into trying to monitor the washer closer but it is too hard for me to constantly monitor what the washer is doing. This has made grocery shopping very difficult. I am in pain because it is difficult to sit here and I am bleeding. 20/20 hindsight for over the past year seems to confirm that Lowe's sold me used, defective, and/or refurbished appliances that had been discontinued. It certainly appears they didn't want to take the loss.

This has not been easy for me because I made pains to get the charge paid off within the "no interest" time frame. Trying to piecemeal write this is bringing tears to my eyes and I hurt as I sit here. I feel this is a direct result of the defective appliances Lowe's sold me as new. I tried to be up front and very honest with Lowe's about my GI tract problems and feel they took advantage of a feeble elderly person. I cannot do without a washer & dryer and cannot afford to go through this again. I am stuck with increasing utility bills and don't know what to do anymore.

I ordered a Samsung front load washer and dryer from Lowe's on 3/08. My confirmation email said I would receive a phone call on 3/22 to confirm delivery on 3/23. No phone call by 3/24 so I called and the operator said they had just arrived at the store and we went ahead and set up delivery for 3/28. I was very excited to get my pair and get started on my laundry. Well, they brought the wrong power cord for the dryer and told me they would return the very next day before 11am with the right cord. Come next day, they still had not showed by noon so I called and they told me to call back at 330pm. I did. By that time all of the delivery trucks had come back to the store and the drivers had went home.

The manager on duty recommended I just go pick up the cord from the store and plug it up myself. So I drove 30 minutes across town and I did. When I got home to plug it up sparks flew EVERYWHERE. My brand new washer has a very bad burn spot on it and my wall is also burnt. So after ten minutes of trying to get a hold of someone at the store, I was placed on hold in which the call was dropped. Another 20 minutes later the manager said to expect a call tomorrow to get things straightened out. Waiting almost a month for and incident like this to happen is NOT WORTH IT!!! I will not be waiting for a call, I am going straight up there after work to try and resolve this. I am not a happy customer and I will not return to Lowe's after this.

Lowes/UHS sent two rookies out to install carpet. The estimator didn't bother to tell them about a 90 degree angle situation for a transition strip. It had been brought to his attention. Course, the two rookies barely spoke English. Called UHS about sending a troubleshooter out and am still waiting for "Irene" to call me back. Oh, and they dinged the transition strip from the Hall to the bathroom.

Ordered cabinet hinges online to be shipped to store on 3/17. Got confirmation of order, never heard from Lowe's again. Looked up order # online and it said ready to be p/u at store 10 days earlier! Called store and was told order had been canceled and card refunded 5 days earlier. I had never received an email (on file) or a call (on file) about anything except the first confirmation. No one knew why I was not contacted... Get this - THE ORDER WAS CANC AT THE STORE!!! I am now a dedicated Home Depot customer and will be a walking ad for them... AFTER ALL, I SEEM TO COUNT AS A CUSTOMER AT HOME DEPOT, but not at Lowe's!

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Profile