Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Every time, I end up regretting when I purchase anything with extended warranty from another few major companies who are Lowe's competitor and I tell myself that I will never do it again. Lowe's customer service is truly the best... they maybe not be perfect & I do get someone who is not willing to assist once a while... but overall, you cannot find a better customer service than Lowe's. Recently, my few years old fridge started having an issue in my OBX vacation home. Using the extended warranty, I called the 3rd party contractor provided by Lowe's. After a month or so, they missed the appointment saying that repairman was not feeling good (repairman called & told us he was on his way but never showed up)... We called the repair agency and was told that there is no more appointment for another 6 month (at Lowe's competitor, with a similar issue we were told that is nothing they can do & to keep contacting the manufacture).

We called Lowe's 800 customer service & opened a case and a week later a manager called and issued full credit and this was not the first time that Lowe's helped us.. There have been various occasions that Lowe's came thru and helped us. Compare this with Lowe's direct competitor and another location which gives you two weeks to return things and has the worst customer service ever.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Shopping for countertops, we started at Home Depot...because it was the first store we came to. However, I’d had a great experience at our Minnesota Lowe’s store buying countertops so, when I needed them in our Arizona home, I went directly to my local Carefree, AZ store. I worked with Iris to come up with a plan and I selected a Silestone product. I was thrilled with my choice and that it fit into my tight budget. After all, Lowe’s quoted prices included installation (except for cutting a sink opening). Like in my Minnesota experience, this was deciding factor for me.

An outside installer was scheduled to do official measurements at our home. They came. They left. A week later Iris called to say there would be an additional installation charge of over $1000! I was crestfallen. I was also angry that installation would be that much more when installation was included! The explanation was that additional structure was required to bear the weight of the Silestone. I cancelled my order. Iris was the BEST to work with but, though she could explain the policies and be somewhat flexible with the Lowe’s prices, she couldn’t convince the installer to waive all his add-ons.

Next, I considered the composite granite. We found one that was similar to the Silestone and in an affordable bracket. Again, I paid and moved forward with the order. A new installation company was sent to our home. After all measurements were taken, again we were notified of a substantial upcharge! This time, we were told that the upcharge was to cover the expense of added structure under the countertops due to a garden window. Iris did all she could to fight for us but the installer would not absorb the additional charges.

Though I was angry and very disappointed, I was tired of the entire futile and frustrating experience by this time and decided to just drop everything and live with my old, out-of-date Formica countertops. Iris and I selected a date when I could meet her at the store to process another refund. That morning, Iris met me up front at the customer care desk. Franz, Iris’s supervisor joined her to process the large refund. I waited on a bench off to the side. After several minutes, Franz and Iris came out and approached me. Franz apologized for my wait but explained that the decision had been made on behalf on Lowe's to provide the countertops and installation at the price I had already paid! I was so shocked that I cried! I was thankful that I chased down my husband to share the good news. My husband’s response was this: “I guess this makes it clear that Lowe’s is our go-to place for home improvement from now on.” So be it!

The follow up is that, about a month later, the guys arrived to install the new countertops. The installers were so fun, professional, efficient and fast. I love the finished product! Our friends have been so complimentary. I have a bright, light kitchen. It's just as I’d hoped. Fun fact: No added structure was required to support my countertops when the old were removed to reveal what was there.

Kathy

Rio Verde, AZ

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

OK lets start out with you entering the store. Looking for set screw to fit a knob in your door but don't know what size. Greeter listens to your request, calls an associate who escorts you to the wall of many size screws. Looking like you're lost, which you are, he then takes you to the door knob section so you can point out which knob you have. Great, still doesn't tell you what screw, BUT, don't give up, he opens the box and looks at the screws inside and then, after closing the box, takes you to the screw wall again, points to the one you're looking for and with that you shake his hand, pull the screw pack, leave the area, go to cash out and lo and behold, you get to go right thru and no waiting. All this within 15 min. Now this is what I call customer service. Tell me where else you find this. You can't, can you. Oh, by the way, being a veteran, and my card shows same, I got a discount on my purchase also. WHAT A WAY TO GO. Love Lowe's. I'll be back.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Lowe's has been amazing with my water heater and my furnace. I had a water pipe break outside of my house leaked into the basement and took out both my water heater and the furnace. I went into Lowe's looking at the furnaces, wanted to do a little price checking, found a furnace and water heater that is perfect for my little one bedroom house, just a little one that would fit perfect in the basement or up on my backroom area.

Lowe's customers Care's are awesome people. The price of everything was checked and I couldn't find it anywhere else cheaper. Lowe's gave me a great deal on both but it didn't stop there, if I needed anything they were there. So polite and respectful as well as understanding. I had many questions to ask and everyone of my questions got answered. The store is very well kept and clean, didn't have a problem finding anything and everything I asked was most definitely answered very well put. Thank you to everyone at Lowe's and everyone I talked to on the phone.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I shopped for replacement screen door parts (coiled spring and spring-type hinges). I needed three hinges, but they only had packages of two per package in blister packs, so I would have had to buy two packages (four hinges) to get the three hinges I needed. They did have a package containing three hinges, but that blister pack also included an outdoor knob, an indoor handle and a latching hook, none of which I needed. And that package only came in white or black finish where I needed a brass finish. Nevertheless, I bought the white-finished package rather than buy two packages of two-pack hinges. They work well but we do not like the white finish.

As to the coil springs, they stocked two varieties in blister packs with little information as to the difference except that one was larger in diameter than the other. And you can guess, when I got back home I learned that I had bought the wrong one. I guess that's my own fault, but it would have been good to have a better description of the strength of the springs. I always shop at Lowe's when I need something in the home maintenance line and this experience won't change that. I'm a military vet, and Lowe's gives vets a discount on most items.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I ordered the BE365 Cam Keypad Camelot Aged Bronze Single-Cylinder Deadbolt. Came to Clarksville, IN location to pick item up. When I received the item it was wrapped and taped up tightly in a plastic bag. Since I had never placed a online order with Lowe's before I figured maybe that was a standard procedure but as I waited to pay for some other items I had picked up in the store, I notice no one else received items wrapped and taped like the one I received. So when I got to my vehicle in the parking lot I cut the bag off to find a box that also been taped back together. The box looked like it got in a fight with a grizzly bear and the box lost. All the parts were just laying in the bottom of the box with some of the fasteners in a ziplock bag.

Now, I have no problem with getting items someone else has returned and have many times with no issues but as I checked the product out I found the key was stuck in the lock cylinder and there were broken pieces of plastic with the parts. I took the product back into the store to exchange for a new one. The lady at the customer service desk was very helpful. She took the return back and advised it was the only one they had in stock but sent someone to make sure there wasn't another one. There was not so she advised she would credit me back and I would have to place another order to get a replacement.

Keep in mind this is during the Covid19 pandemic so I'm about 45 minutes into this at this after standing in line 2 times at the pickup and return counter. I asked when I could expect the replacement so she checked with the vendor and advised they had 2 new ones already ordered in for the store and assured me I would get a new unopened product. I was satisfied with the answer and completely understand things like this happen so I placed the order online while still in the store and went on my way.

Fast forward 4 hours, I receive a email stating my product was ready to pickup. My wife was going to be in town that even so she went to pick it up this time. She arrived home with the box. The paperwork was taped across the top of the box and box was in good shape so I get ready to install the product. I took the paperwork off and right away notice the tape installed by the manufacturer was cut so I'm starting to get upset. I open the box find the packaging to look undisturbed so that was a good sign. I take out the inner box and open to check all the pieces.

I go through the parts to verify all good and find there is NO KEY. I looked everywhere in the packaging then I have my wife come and look to make sure I didn't just overlook the key taped to the side or something but nope, no key. So now I'm going to have to drive back to the store for the third time and return this product. I will not be placing another order with Lowe's. Looks like Homedepot or Menards will be getting my business.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I ordered 27 different items recently for delivery. All 27 different items were cancelled. Did I get an email? I sure did. It said that my local stores didn't have the items and they were being fulfilled by other stores in the vicinity. I thought "GREAT!" until the delivery date came and went. Then I checked my order status online and saw all were cancelled except for 3 of the items that say "delivery information unavailable". After waiting all this time and learning their inventory system and communication are this trash, I won't be ordering from or going to Lowe's again because I don't trust their business model. Lowe's executive team... you're losing customers. Get your house in order.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We ordered two sliding glass doors from Lowe's in June 2020 and had a delivery date of July 8, 2020. On the afternoon of July 6, we got the email that it would be delayed until July 21. We called to ask why and were given a discount on the order, but the next day we received an email informing us the delivery was pushed back until August 14. It honestly felt like a punishment for complaining. This morning (August 12) we got the email that the delivery has been pushed back until August 30. We are not sure the doors will get here in time for fall or even winter!

We are installing them ourselves and have to keep contacting our friends and family who planned on helping us to delay. We cancelled a camping trip for the delivery. Calling customer service is a 2 hour affair which discourages us from trying. We will not be ordering from Lowe's again. I wish we had just paid the extra $100 for the doors through Menards or Home Depot.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Two weeks ago my wife and I purchased over $700 about door patio furniture and requested it to be delivered. We were told at the time it would be two weeks before the delivery could be completed. One day before the delivery was due we were contacted and told that they had lost our purchased items. It took three phone calls to speak with someone regarding getting our money back.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I was expecting a refrigerator delivery that I was waiting on for a month. I was told because of construction being done that I had to expect delivery the next day. The driver said he was told by construction crew he could not make delivery. Street blocked. Not true. I asked the crew and they said they refused no one. I called delivery service and was told the driver would be sent back to deliver. When I called again I was told that was not true and they would come tomorrow. This is the last time I will order from Lowe's. They deal with a disreputable delivery service. I told them the crew would be gone soon but they do not consider the customer at all and they lie to you.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information