Find an Appliance Stores partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: May 19, 2021

Lowe's is a great home store. They offer excellent customer service and have a great range of quality products such as flooring, tools, paint, doors, windows, shades, curtains, sinks, vanities, toilets, patio furniture, decorations, and appliances for the home; lumber, products, and hardware for those in construction, plumbing, and the electrical field or those doing home projects; and products for lawn care and gardening, including great plants, shrubs and trees, and the products to care for them. I recently bought a home and have found 99% of the needed products I needed for getting settled, making repairs and upgrades. I'd have been lost without them and would have had to spend a lot more money elsewhere. They are also conveniently located.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I purchased an upright freezer because my old one died and I had hundreds of dollars in meat in it. The freezer was delivered and I plugged it in and it made a horrible noise and never got cold. I called and spoke to Lucas who went above and beyond getting one of the employees to use his own truck to bring me another one, I believe their names were Mike and Dereck. I want to say this was a very good ending to a bad situation.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I purchased a Whirlpool washer from Lowe’s Canada. It was faulty and did not work from the minute it was installed. I contacted whirlpool who were extremely unhelpful and was advised to call Lowe’s which I did. The manager at the appliance desk was awesome and resolved my problem instantly and to my great satisfaction. I have always shopped Lowe’s and will definitely recommend them to anybody wishing to buy an appliance.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Windows from Lowe's Temple were of a high quality. Easy process from start to finish. The only reason I did not rate perfect was that the installer hired a bad crew who are no longer with them. "Just a Handyman" Is very trustworthy and will do whatever it takes to make it right. I would not hesitate in recommending them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Every time, I end up regretting when I purchase anything with extended warranty from another few major companies who are Lowe's competitor and I tell myself that I will never do it again. Lowe's customer service is truly the best... they maybe not be perfect & I do get someone who is not willing to assist once a while... but overall, you cannot find a better customer service than Lowe's. Recently, my few years old fridge started having an issue in my OBX vacation home. Using the extended warranty, I called the 3rd party contractor provided by Lowe's. After a month or so, they missed the appointment saying that repairman was not feeling good (repairman called & told us he was on his way but never showed up)... We called the repair agency and was told that there is no more appointment for another 6 month (at Lowe's competitor, with a similar issue we were told that is nothing they can do & to keep contacting the manufacture).

We called Lowe's 800 customer service & opened a case and a week later a manager called and issued full credit and this was not the first time that Lowe's helped us.. There have been various occasions that Lowe's came thru and helped us. Compare this with Lowe's direct competitor and another location which gives you two weeks to return things and has the worst customer service ever.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I need to warn others who may be thinking of hiring Lowe's Installation service. I was given a date of 6/8, then 6/28, and called today to be told, at first, it would be 8/28. I was then put on hold to be told now it is 9/3. In each step of delays, I had to be the one who called after each deadline had passed. Lowe's Installation did not even call to let me know there were delays. If you're thinking of saving a few hundred dollars vs. going with a local installer, please think again. THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM DOOR install. I could have purchased the door inside a Lowe's store and had a local installer do the job for a few hundred more dollars. Now, I am stuck until 10/24 (by contract) to cancel the install if it is not done by then.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Tried several time to order a ceiling fan and a pair of outdoor lights on my phone after responding to THEIR email. Kept telling my CC was not valid even though I use it daily. Went home and pulled up the email on my PC. Fan not listed. The chat said the item number I typed in doesn't exist. This after spending over $50k on new construction. SHAME on Lowe's!!!

Original review: July 21, 2021

In order to avoid uselessly driving to Lowe's, I always check if the product I am looking for is in stock by going either to their website or by using their app. This has proven time and again to be a waste of time, the information is often wrong - not all the time, just enough to have you waste trip time and gasoline to continue hoping. Some of the employees are helpful but almost always end up saying that you cannot trust the inventory in the system - even their internal system. In addition, at times the product is actually in the store but at a different location - someone decided to move it without updating the system. Really frustrating.

Original review: July 18, 2021

My husband and I have both Home Depot and Lowe's cards. We have a rental home that had been completely destroyed and needed to replace windows, doors, cabinets, showers, tubs lighting, etc. It has been such a daunting task. Lowe's has only made it harder for us. First, when you order multiple items in one transaction, they will still come piecemeal. I understand that because many of the items are coming from other stores. The problem is, when you receive one item, the online tracking tells you all items were received and you are unable to track the rest of your order unless you call customer service, wait an hour + to speak to someone, and they, in turn, track down that order and give you a new tracking number. Then, you're forced to repeat the cycle all over again once another item arrives.

Next, we ordered a set of kitchen drawers and they were sent to a city an hour away to a Lowe's that was so far off the beaten path that we had to use Googe maps to find it. When we arrived, the drawer cabinet was on a cart, waiting for us. We checked out quickly and headed to our vehicle. When we arrived at our vehicle, however, we noticed that one side of the cabinet was damaged and took it back to the store. The person who helped us inside the store said that she had to put it in the computer and that it didn't speak to the other computer that sent my receipt so it would take a few hours for the return to show up. It has now been 2 days and I still have no indication that the price of this cabinet was removed from our purchases. Now, I will have to wait for more than an hour to reach someone in Customer service on Monday to try and get this fixed.

Last, but certainly not least, we had a curved glass shower door with the wall surround that was supposed to have arrived a week ago. The day it was supposed to have arrived, we tracking showed that there was an "Emergency Delay" and that it wouldn't arrive until the following Thursday. On Thursday, we received our tub instead. The shower was then scheduled to arrive today. Today, my husband received a call from Lowe's stating that the shower doors and wall were not at the Lowe's store when the truck arrived to pick them up and that it is, once again, rescheduled to arrive this Thursday. Our plumber has been waiting to install these items for a while, now. Our flooring cannot go in until we have the shower installed. I have no faith that the shower will arrive this Thursday, either.

Home Depot, on the other hand, has given us clear and concise tracking on every item we've purchased online. In fact, the items we just purchased online 2 days ago will probably arrive before the last vestiges of our Lowe's order of a month ago. The great part about having worked with Home Depot is, I know exactly where each piece is, I haven't had to return one item, I know exactly when they will arrive and I've had ZERO surprises from them.

Because there is a new Lowe's in my town, my husband and I have neglected our nearest Home Depot for a long time. That ends beginning today. I'm not shopping in Lowe's until I can no longer remember how awful this experience has been. And since I tend to remember everything for a very long time, there's a good chance I'll die before I shop there again.

Original review: July 16, 2021

My Trex deck was done in September - October of 2018. It was put in with no spacing, the board are curling and coming up. I paid $11600.00 to Lowe's who I believed was a reputable company. Was I wrong! They're not even willing to send professional to even look at the deck. It's been a nightmare for close to 3 years. When rains I have a pool on my deck. I've given up talking them they've offered me $2500 for what is a $9000 repair job. Do not use Lowe's there customer service is ridiculous. I'm taken them to court for not responding to the problem. Also I have a letter from Trex saying problems are due to bad installation.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information