Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Shopping for countertops, we started at Home Depot...because it was the first store we came to. However, I’d had a great experience at our Minnesota Lowe’s store buying countertops so, when I needed them in our Arizona home, I went directly to my local Carefree, AZ store. I worked with Iris to come up with a plan and I selected a Silestone product. I was thrilled with my choice and that it fit into my tight budget. After all, Lowe’s quoted prices included installation (except for cutting a sink opening). Like in my Minnesota experience, this was deciding factor for me.

An outside installer was scheduled to do official measurements at our home. They came. They left. A week later Iris called to say there would be an additional installation charge of over $1000! I was crestfallen. I was also angry that installation would be that much more when installation was included! The explanation was that additional structure was required to bear the weight of the Silestone. I cancelled my order. Iris was the BEST to work with but, though she could explain the policies and be somewhat flexible with the Lowe’s prices, she couldn’t convince the installer to waive all his add-ons.

Next, I considered the composite granite. We found one that was similar to the Silestone and in an affordable bracket. Again, I paid and moved forward with the order. A new installation company was sent to our home. After all measurements were taken, again we were notified of a substantial upcharge! This time, we were told that the upcharge was to cover the expense of added structure under the countertops due to a garden window. Iris did all she could to fight for us but the installer would not absorb the additional charges.

Though I was angry and very disappointed, I was tired of the entire futile and frustrating experience by this time and decided to just drop everything and live with my old, out-of-date Formica countertops. Iris and I selected a date when I could meet her at the store to process another refund. That morning, Iris met me up front at the customer care desk. Franz, Iris’s supervisor joined her to process the large refund. I waited on a bench off to the side. After several minutes, Franz and Iris came out and approached me. Franz apologized for my wait but explained that the decision had been made on behalf on Lowe's to provide the countertops and installation at the price I had already paid! I was so shocked that I cried! I was thankful that I chased down my husband to share the good news. My husband’s response was this: “I guess this makes it clear that Lowe’s is our go-to place for home improvement from now on.” So be it!

The follow up is that, about a month later, the guys arrived to install the new countertops. The installers were so fun, professional, efficient and fast. I love the finished product! Our friends have been so complimentary. I have a bright, light kitchen. It's just as I’d hoped. Fun fact: No added structure was required to support my countertops when the old were removed to reveal what was there.

Kathy

Rio Verde, AZ

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I shopped for replacement screen door parts (coiled spring and spring-type hinges). I needed three hinges, but they only had packages of two per package in blister packs, so I would have had to buy two packages (four hinges) to get the three hinges I needed. They did have a package containing three hinges, but that blister pack also included an outdoor knob, an indoor handle and a latching hook, none of which I needed. And that package only came in white or black finish where I needed a brass finish. Nevertheless, I bought the white-finished package rather than buy two packages of two-pack hinges. They work well but we do not like the white finish.

As to the coil springs, they stocked two varieties in blister packs with little information as to the difference except that one was larger in diameter than the other. And you can guess, when I got back home I learned that I had bought the wrong one. I guess that's my own fault, but it would have been good to have a better description of the strength of the springs. I always shop at Lowe's when I need something in the home maintenance line and this experience won't change that. I'm a military vet, and Lowe's gives vets a discount on most items.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I bought a Whirlpool refrigerator at Lowe’s for delivery. The delivery crew came with the fridge and began installing it but it would not fit. No matter what they tried it just wouldn’t go between the wall and counter, and slightly too tall to fit under the cabinets. I remembered the cool tool I picked up a few months ago (not from Lowe’s, sorry): the Trim Puller. I acquired it planning on doing a project but hadn’t buckled down to doing so yet. I grabbed the Trim Puller and proceeded to remove the baseboard from the wall in the refrigerator space. It’s a rented house so I sure didn’t want to break the trim or damage the wall. As advertised! NO DAMAGE TO THE WALL AND THE TRIM CAME OFF IN ONE PIECE, UNDAMAGED.

We were making good progress side to side now but needed to clear the cabinet above. Again, I used the Trim Puller. I placed the flat face of the Trim puller on top of the fridge with the beveled edge against the cabinet. I gently tapped and the slight wedging action was all we needed and the fridge slid into place. The Lowe’s guys were very happy they didn’t have to return it and we got the fridge we wanted. Great tool!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had to replace an old fence and deck, where a large amount of vegetation had grown up around this area over the course of 20 years. I had gotten three estimates, all were similar in price. Lowe’s was just a little higher before I used the 5 percent discount. I went with Lowe’s (West Stone Drive, Kingsport TN) because it was obvious the person they sent out was very knowledgeable, (and efficient, gave me an estimate the same day), and he (Bennie) called the perfect contractors for my needs.

Bennie brought Jason out to see the site. Jason indicates they could do what other contractors hesitated on, and complete it in a week-from start. They started earlier than promised, arrived on time every day, and had such an amazing crew. They completed the job in 3 days!! (One estimator told me 3 weeks!) In that time, Bennie followed the job and quickly helped on one troublesome area (due to the lay of the lay of the land), modified to suit my taste - it was not an issue for him or the contractors (All American Home Improvement) since Bennie responded so quick. I was just in awe of all these guys!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I've been a Lowe's customer for 30+ years and in several different states. These comments are made about the good people in the Regency Square Lowe's (store 0503). The people who work at this store are very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. Given this, if I were to pick an All-Star team the two most valuable players would be Sandy in Electrical and Richard in Plumbing. Then the Rookie of the Year would be Joseph in the Door and Window area. Not sure how he got so smart so quick, but he is very very good.

As for the MVPs, Sandy has a wealth of knowledge of his area in electric and made a number of suggestions relative lighting in our home remodel that produced excellent results. Not only does he have complete knowledge of his area, but also the whole store. The same goes for Richard in Plumbing. He is excellent. I recently had double sink fixtures in the master bathroom with minor leaks I couldn't figure out why. After several troubleshooting questions, he suggested removing the aerators from the faucets. Leaks were eliminated. The faucets were slightly obstructed due to material in the line from a defective water softener. I soaked the aerators in vinegar for several days and reinstalled them and they work perfectly without a plumbing bill.

If you have a problem in their area and explain it to either Richard or Sandy their advice and suggestions are excellent. The other thing that I appreciate, is when they are working with a customer their focus is completely on that person. Kudos to these three gentlemen as well as the entire staff at this store. My full house nine month rehab is complete and the house just sold in two weeks with two full price offers on the same day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: March 29, 2020

I never leave negative reviews, however, I am tired of Lowe's bait & switch practices (which is illegal). They advertise an item on their website on sale and when the item is added to your cart it becomes full price. This is the second time it's happened. Called Lowe's Customer Service & the customer service agent tried to rectify the situation by offering a discount after I had emailed a screenshot of the sale item online. When she called her supervisor, Richard ** in Indiana, for approval he denied it stating a screenshot isn't sufficient.

I spoke to another supervisor, Dom (ID # **) who claimed the situation did not qualify for any discount and the price in the cart was correct, not the advertised sale price. He was also going to speak with the customer service rep for offering a discount of which she did not have the authority to do so. I told Dom the rep was trying to find a solution and not to chastise her. After I got off the phone, the item was still advertised on sale. Am going to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Will NEVER purchase anything at Lowes and will keep supporting Home Depot!

Original review: March 23, 2020

Lowe's “Customer services”. 3/23/20. I purchase a Samsung washer from Lowes and a five year protection plan. I contacted Lowes on Feb 2, 2020 to let them know that my washer stopped working. Lowe's sent out a tech to fix the machine. The tech has been out at least four times and has replaced 5 parts and the washers still doesn't work. Supposedly, they need to order an additional part to fix the machine. Lowe's has been telling me since March 10th that the part is in, However, every time I call Lowe's they said the part is in or is coming in tomorrow.

The last time I spoke to customer service representative on March 23, 2020 and I was told that I needed wait for the part. When I asked why is it taking so long for part; I was told most likely it's due to the coronavirus. The sad part is that My husband and myself have been going to a laundromat since Feb 2 and that was okay; until this very serious pandemic of the coronavirus. I wish Lowe's would do the right thing and replace the washer instead of playing games.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I bought a wash machine from the store almost a month ago. Because of their delivery service I was held off for delivery till today 3/23/20. I got 3 phone calls this past week reminding me of my delivery. It was To be delivered, set up, plus haul out the old washer. Yesterday 3/22/20 I get a phone call from our store telling us that Lowe’s new policy because of Covid19 can drop my washer at my house but their employees will no longer go into anyone’s house. So, now Lowe’s will bring my washer, drop off in my yard and drive away. I understand the Covid19 stuff, I DONT understand we can still go to a Lowe’s store, talk to a store associate face to face but their employees won’t come into a home.. Plus.... Lowe’s never offered any alternative plan, like maybe offer a dolly to their customers so maybe I can get my washer into my home?

The reason we bought the washer was because Lowe’s offered, delivery, setup, and removal of old appliance. I think Lowe’s could of did a bit more during this time to provide more help. I’m now stuck with a new washer being delivered, placed in my back yard and finding my own way of taking out old washer up 15 steps, bringing in new washer and down 15 steps, setting it up and hoping it works. I will NEVER recommend Lowe’s. Cross my fingers the new washer works.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Hello, I’m Ruslan ** and I see vitality to report my concerns about your customer service in Lowes, Apex Beaver Creek. I was Lowes’s loyal customer since I needed to get repaired my house so I went to bought every material that was needed from Lowe's. Unfortunately, I faced unkindly behavior from your salesman. I wanted to bought 8 items, and I got them. However during the checkout another salesman mistakenly summed it to 12 items. I noticed the situation at my receive next day, and asked the employers to check the cameras and make it clear. However, they didn’t solve the problem and unkindly ignored me. After next day I preferred other shops instead of Lowe's for my needs. I’m so dissatisfied and disappointed with your service, please make changes.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I went into the Lowe’s Home Improvement store in Bessemer Alabama and purchased a Craftsman weedeater and lawn mower with my hard-earned money. I experience nothing but problems with the products that I purchased. I am not pleased and would like a refund. I experience nothing but problems with the products that I purchased. I am not pleased and would like a refund. I would never recommend Anyone To purchase equipment from Lowe’s.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information