1.23/5
Based on 507 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2423 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2018

Order 2400.00 dollars worth of washer and dryer on 5/30/18. They gave a deliver date of 6/8/18/. They called the day before. Did not have washer. The next deliver date was 6/15/18. They called the morning of deliver to say they did not have the washer. After ordering from local dealer and having washer and dryer delivered the next day canceled the order from Lowe's. No apology or reason from not delivering except they did not have washer. Customer service is terrible.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I was trying to get a generator installed at my home (Florida hurricane season is here). I am retired and must budget my income and ration my life savings money. I asked for estimates on three different standby Generac generators (11kW; 16kW; 20kW.) I also asked if the generator could be installed with a manual transfer switch rather than an automatic transfer switch (a $900 part). An estimator came out but gave me no cost numbers, said they would call me from the store with the cost numbers. A week went by...no call. I called the store several times and got a curt, unfriendly, customer service desk person. When he transferred me to the generator department all I got was an answering machine.

I left messages...no callback. I finally got a generator dept rep but still no numbers. 3 or 4 days later I finally got cost numbers on two of the three generators, but no information on the manual transfer switch cost. More calls, more NOBODY AT THEIR DESK TO TAKE THE CALLS. Two or three days later I got the third estimate. This time on an official form via my e-mail. This estimate had a statement that the natural gas hookup was not included (a $600 cost). STILL no answer about my manual transfer switch. I emailed back to confirm that the gas hookup costs were not included in any of the estimates...no e-mail response in three days, no call... NO ONE AT THEIR DESK WHEN I CALLED.

I live 3 miles from a Home Depot. The Lowe's is 10 miles away. I thought I'd try to give Lowe's some business and they advertised that they gave 10% discounts to veterans (which I am). Even with the discounts their prices were higher than what my neighbors had incurred using other sources. BOTTOM LINE - LOWE'S HAS CRAPPY SERVICE; AND THEIR STAFF ARE UNPROFESSIONAL AND DO NOT APPEAR TO POSSESS A WORK ETHIC. I noticed that the other customer feedback line up with mine including reviews from various parts of the country, not just my local Lowe's. My advice STAY AWAY FROM LOWE'S, they wasted a month of my time with no result.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 18, 2018

My bath is so small yet Lowe’s did our bath remodel SO poorly they had to do it over. Now the second time Lowe’s couldn’t get it right. Every time we have to call them over & over and here we are almost a year later and nothing! The contractor they used was dishonest, poor work ethic and lack of skills. When he didn’t do the tile work right, 1/2 inch difference from one side to the other, very noticeable! And tiles not only put in crooked but grouted it crooked! Then told me he didn’t notice it but I showed him b4 he grouted! They busted holes in my walls and deeps sings in woodwork that have not been repaired.

Jacob used bowed tiles then blamed the tiles for the 1/2 inch issue. I asked why he put the tiles on the wall if he knew they were bowed, he said because that’s what Lowe’s sent. They must have sent the worst of their stock! We had to pay in full about two months prior to the job, almost a year ago. When first job was done wrong they sent same company to do it over. Then when they continued to do poor job I was told by Steve ** said Jacob wouldn’t get paid till it was complete! It’s not complete but I’m guessing he still got paid.

Now 2 months since end of the second attempt they had Jacob call me again to come see what he can do. I don’t want him back in my home. He broke my home security camera after telling me he dropped it in the sink but I watched the video and he pulled it out of the wall when he saw what it was! Grout lines don’t match, measured room and both sides are the same. Bottom of tiles wall if poor as well. I can’t get management to call me, I can’t get 3rd party to inspect for me and I’m ready for a lawyer!

Original review: July 18, 2018

WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER! We bought a stove from the Lowe's in Dale City, and it was delivered with two huge dents on the side. The guys told me the moment they noticed and said that I needed to call the store to get a 20% discount. So I let them go ahead and remove my old stove to install the new dented one. When I tried to call the store I was told that they would transfer me to the delivery department. The transfer didn't work, so I was transferred back to customer service who attempted again. The second time it didn't work and I was transferred back to customer service. This time she tried transferring me again and ended up hanging up on me. I tried calling back and the store never answered.

I waited five hours and called back. I was told that the delivery department was closed and that I would be transferred to a manager. At that point it rang and rang and rang, to then be hung up on again. I called back and asked to speak directly to a manager. The guy who answered the call gave me a hard time for wanting to speak with the manager. He then transferred me to a manager but come to find out, it was the corporate dispatch office. I explained what happened and she said that she was not able to help because I needed to speak with the store directly. She was kind enough to keep me on the line until I reached a manager.

At that point the manager told me she would take $80 (less than 10% off the original price) off the stove or deliver a new one which requires another day off work. I explained the discussion with the deliver guys, who she said cannot give that kind of information out. I then explained that I needed to know the time to see if I could take off work. She said that she's not able to give out delivery times but I would know sometime the night before the delivery. Overall this was the absolute worst customer experience I have ever had. I thought a store like Lowe's would treat its customers better, considering the number of high priced purchases I have made there. I am extremely disappointed and would NEVER recommend this store or any other Lowe's stores now to anyone.

Original review: July 18, 2018

As if it is not stressful enough moving across another state but walking into a new home that you just paid someone to paint the base boards and the walls and doors and Lowe's comes in to install the carpet and they scratch off paint from the base boards/walls and then leave an absolute mess in the garage from all the carpet pieces. If you want your house destroyed then go to Lowe's and they messed up the whole dates it was supposed to be done too. A Lowe's person told my realtor that since we paid someone to rip out old carpet then they would discount it from the price then they never did it. They said, "Oh no that is all part of the package" so we paid 2 people Lowe's and another person to rip out the carpets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: July 18, 2018

Having shopped at Lowe's Atlanta-Edgewood store for many years, I was very disappointed with the customer service I received through Lowe's and Lowe's third-party delivery company. On 6/14/18 I purchased a Bosch dishwasher, dishwasher accessories, and the delivery service totaling $624.97 plus tax. The salesperson let me know that the dishwasher should arrive on 6/30/18. 6/30 came and went. No dishwasher. No courtesy phone call from Lowe's to let me know there's been a delay. 7/2 came and went. No dishwasher. No courtesy phone call from Lowe's to let me know there's been a delay. 7/11 Finally I get a call from Jeffrey (cell #**) from the 3rd party delivery company. Scheduled delivery date: 7/14 between 1-3 p.m.

7/14 came and went. No delivery. No courtesy call from Jeffrey saying he would not be making the delivery. I had to call him to reschedule. New scheduled delivery date: 7/17 between 3-5 p.m. 7/17 came and went. No delivery. No courtesy call from Jeffrey saying he would not be making the delivery. So I called him to cancel the delivery. He didn't seem at all concerned and he didn't give me the impression that he even remembered that he had a dishwasher to deliver.

As soon as I ended the call with Jeffrey, I called the Lowe's store where I purchased the dishwasher to cancel the order. The customer service rep was polite but she did not know how to cancel the order over the phone. It was clear that she was getting assistance from the manager but it was also clear that the manager had no interest in completing the cancellation herself. The whole time I was expecting someone to ask me why I was cancelling the order. Nothing.

I cleared two afternoons for Lowe's and their 3rd party delivery service to come and install my dishwasher and not even an apology when the deal fell through. Nothing. Would I recommend Lowe's to someone else in the future? ABSOLUTELY NOT. If I had to rate the customer care I received on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give Lowe's a zero. Will I be going across town to your competitor to get the dishwasher I ordered over a month ago from Lowe's? I can guarantee it!

Original review: July 18, 2018

DO NOT USE THEIR PICK-UP SERVICE EVER!!! I ordered some items on their website and 'paid' for the items, which was confirmed at my bank. When I picked up my items I was required to "PAY" for the items. I showed the guy that it was showing paid already. He said Lowe's just puts orders in 'pending' status with the bank to make sure you have the funds and when you come in to pick-up the items you are officially charged... So basically I had to pay for the items "AGAIN"!! It is taking me 'days' to (try) and get the charges removed from my account...which the items were not cheap. So currently I'm OUT my funds until Lowe's and my bank figure this out, since according to my bank Lowe's order cancel documentation has NOT reached my bank to 'release' the pending status. So basically my family's food and gas money is being held hostage.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We worked with the Lowe's in Fairfield CA. They did an entire kitchen remodel including the installation of a gas line. They did require full payment up front which was sort of scary. We could not have been happier with the communication and work. The design consultant was always available, the contractor and his team went above and beyond when we decided to add or change things mid project. We really liked that Lowe's provided a project manager so we didn't have to worry about who was doing what next. The work was done in a timely manner and we are overall pleased. We finished the kitchen and plan to go back to this team to do the bathrooms. I know I have seen some less than positive reviews but I would still recommend the Fairfield team. We had heard so many horror stories of kitchen remodels that we were really scared to do it - but the experience was positive all the way around.

Original review: July 16, 2018

This was the worst experience I've ever encountered! I ordered several outdoor items [dining table, outdoor carpet and several pillows] online in early June. Since the website indicated that direct shipping was not an option, I chose the Lowe's delivery option as my car is not large enough to accommodate the size of the table I ordered. I received a confirmation that said my order would not be delivered until 6/27/18 because one of the pillows was a 'special order'. I received a call the evening before delivery stating they would be in touch with me the morning of the 27th with a two-hour window. I received a call on the 27th stating my items would not be delivered because there was a 'problem' with my payment. No further information was provided. Just a thought: shouldn't you confirm the payment for each order before you contact the customer to arrange delivery??

I then spent the next hour and 45 minutes trying to figure out why my payment was not accepted. I spoke to a number of different individuals at the customer service number for online orders. Not one person was helpful. They insisted this was my issue and that I should contact my bank. I contacted my bank who confirmed there was no problem with my payment and, in fact, it did not appear that Lowe's even attempted to run my card information. I conferenced with my bank and Lowe's who ran my debit card information two more times and kept telling me it did not go through.

After continuously being placed on hold for what seemed like an eternity, I finally spoke to a Lowe's 'manager' [Dominick] who handled the online purchases who didn't seem to care at all. He basically said there was nothing he could do and transferred me to their online sales department. The woman I spoke to did not even know how to resolve my issue, but she did try. She again tried to run my debit card information to no avail. I spoke to my bank yet again who conferenced with the Lowe's representative who told this woman that it was an issue on Lowe's end because nothing was transmitting through to them.

I was eventually transferred to the Carlisle, PA store who re-entered my order and surprise, my payment was accepted with no issue! The only problem was that I now had not one, but TWO active orders because the woman in the sales department failed to tell me doing so would be like starting from scratch. The sales person at the Carlisle PA store [Diane] was somewhat helpful, however, it was not until after I demanded that the first order be cancelled and all of my items be delivered the next day. Ultimately, I did receive all of my items, however, I will never ever place an online order through Lowe's again. This was an awful customer experience that I would not wish on anyone.

Lowe's-- you need to go back to the basics-- proper customer service training for your employees at every level of your organization. A customer should never be made to feel like they are an inconvenience and your employees should be educated so they know how to handle these situations. It was very obvious that no one knew what they were doing and they certainly had no empathy for what I had to go through to get the items I paid for. As a long-time in store customer of Lowe's, I was appalled at the treatment I received with this online order.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We contracted with Lowe's in Baltimore to have them install a new kitchen ($65k). The first week they sent 4 guys out to get started. The next week, and subsequent weeks, they sent ONE guy to finish the job. It took 6 months. We were pissed. A couple of years go by, as well as a move to Columbus, Ohio, and we needed another new kitchen. We liked the cabinets that Lowe's sells (Schuler) so we went to look. Their salesperson sounded very good and, after relating our Baltimore story, she assured us that she was an advocate for her buyers. That turns out to not be the case at all. Rather than working for her buyers, she, clearly, is a tool for the contractor that they use. They required payment in-full (Yes, you read that right... IN-FULL) upfront. We balked a little but decided to go with it.

As it turns out, the reason that they require payment in-full upfront is take away any and all leverage that their customers would have when it came to the contractor actually showing up to work. It has been almost 7 weeks since they got our $50k+ payment and not a single finger has been lifted by them to do anything in this house. Nothing. We removed our existing kitchen 6 weeks ago and haven't had one since.

Their policy is that they won't lift a finger to start ANY work on the kitchen until 100% of the products needed to finish the job are on-site and in our home. There is painting that should be done first (Prior to cabinet install), electrical work, plumbing work, removal of a doorway, 2 other door frames that need removed, a window installed, and a new floor installed but they refuse to lift a finger to do ANY of those until the end of July (2 days before we leave on a vacation that has been scheduled for MONTHS). That is when they want to start. They want us to give their contractor access to our home (these are people that we do not know) to allow them to come and go when we are gone. Unbelievable.

I gave them an ultimatum: Start work on our home before the end of the week of July 16-20th or we were going to cancel. This morning, I got a call from their "project coordinator" to tell me that they won't be doing that. Essentially, she was telling me that they start it when they are good and fricken' ready. If YOU are looking for a new kitchen, DO NOT deal with or buy it from Lowe's. 2 different store locations, BOTH were bad service situations. Save your hard-earned money and go with a kitchen company that gives a damn about YOU, the customer. Not one that kowtows to their contractor.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Lowes Anchorage Tikatnu - Incorrect information regarding delivery policy. Poor communication regarding delivery. Poor customer service overall from manager, delivery staff and appliance staff (telephone). On June 28, 2018, I purchased a new refrigerator. When asked whether we would have pick up or delivery, I told the salesperson that my husband was disabled and we had a stairlift in our entrance where the delivery would need to be made. I told the salesperson that the refrigerator would have to be lifted over the chair portion and then carried up the stairs. The salesperson assured me that Lowe's would work with us on the delivery. I then proceeded to request the delivery and removal of our old appliance.

The refrigerator was not in stock but was scheduled to arrive on July 9th. On July 13th I had not been contacted and the online status did not reflect anything but the original purchase information. I called the store and after being transferred twice, an employee answered the phone, curtly asked my telephone number, stated that delivery would be the next day. When I asked why I wasn't contacted, he stated "I have no idea' and hung up on me. Then next day, I received a call at 10:44am stating delivery was delayed and wouldn't arrive until 5-6pm. The person who called was apologetic.

At 2:36pm I received a call from the delivery person who stated they were on their way and would arrive in 20 minutes. When they arrived, an older gentleman looked at our entry way and said "this is not going to happen". I asked why and he stated they did not have room to deliver because of our stairlift. I asked if the stairlift instructions were in his paperwork and he said it was. I told him that I had been assured when I purchased the refrigerator that the delivery staff would work with us. He asked who told me that and I told him the salesperson. He stated the salesperson was incorrect and did not ask the right questions.

When I asked him what my options were he said it was up to me, they could leave it at the door or take it back to the store. When I asked why they could not lift over the chair and even offered to remove the hand rails, he was firm that they do not lift anything. I told him I had measured and the refrigerator would fit up the stairs but needed to be lifted.

I offered to have my sons assist and he again said, "No, we can't do that." They had a hand truck and that's how they deliver. My son took a look at the refrigerator in the truck and they had no lifting straps in their truck. At that point, I again asked what I was supposed to do. He said he'd call and speak to the store manager. He called the store, told them I was upset and that he could not deliver. He then told me that I would need to contact the store manager, Kevin. He then took photos of our stairway. I asked whether he was going to call me and he said 'no ma'am - you need to call or go to the store and talk to him'.

At that point, I refused delivery. I then went to the store and spoke to Kevin. After I introduced myself to him, he offered no apology, no options for this situation. At that point, I told him how unprofessional I felt this was handled and his only comment was "OK". At that point I requested a refund - his only response was "OK I'll get someone to help you" and then walked away.

There was only one customer service clerk at the counter. He then returned and stated another customer service clerk would be available shortly and walked away. Again, no attempts to assist me in resolving the situation. The customer service clerk was friendly and thanked me when, being an honest person, I caught her attempting to refund me other materials on my receipt. Needless to say, if there had been any kind of attempt to work with us to resolve the situation or even apologize, I would not be writing this review.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Just had the most horrific experience at @Lowe's. We bought a scratch and dent dryer. Very minimal visible damage. Just two tiny scuffs and small dent. I asked the clerk to plug it in before taking it home. Was told they don't have a 220 outlet in store, but dryer is fine. This was LG model DLE3170W. After wrestling this behemoth out of the car, up a couple of steps And ledges, uninstalling the old dryer and hauling it to the side of the road, installing the 220 cord and vent ducts we turned it on. Sounds like rocks clunking around inside. **

More backbreaking labor. Uninstalled everything, hauled it back downstairs and over ledges. Eventually got it back in the car. Was much easier with two guys helping back at @Lowe's. This completely wiped me out. And I was livid. Of course @Lowe's gave us a refund. I told them that after messing around with this for 2 1/2 hours and total exhaustion we still don't have a dryer. I suggested that after all this they owe us a brand new model with delivery and install. I already took care of that once. @Lowe's, after talking to 2 managers, now wants to charge us an additional $162. I told my husband no-go, but he wants the dryer.

Only recourse I have is to return everything we bought at @Lowe's over the last month. This includes a Weber Charcoal Grill and chimney starter. Grand total? $164 And they won't be able to resell these used items. We will never know if this dryer is any good new out of the box, but my BTW. We bought a dishwasher from them years ago and it was a disaster. You are better off researching local independent dealers.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I ordered laminate flooring June 8th 2018. When I had not heard anything for two weeks I went to the store and they did not have a record in the computer. The floor had a copy of the order and reentered it. One item was on backorder. The order was delivered after the fourth of July and has been sitting at my house for two weeks. I call numerous times and have called the company doing the install. I have been told a district manager will call Monday and if he doesn't to call the store. I'm not going to hold my breath and I will never shop for large items through them again.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Purchased fridge online on July 1st. Had trouble to get delivery scheduled. They did finally delivery the fridge but left it unwrapped in my garage. Call the store manager and the response is “the delivery is to drop off which they did." Come on. Should they suppose to move the appliance to my kitchen. :(

Original review: July 14, 2018

I purchase a kitchen and counter in Lowe's E Bridgewater MA. I purchased on Jan 6th 2018 and completion in or about April 1st 2018. So it was delivered on February 20th 2018 and called immediately to have the installer come and examine all 29 boxes like I was told to do and they would come out to inspect to be sure no damage. I called Lowe's Point of Contact Victor ** and he called the contractor and had them send two guys out and there was one corner unit that wouldn't fit thru the door so they took off the back door instead of just taking the pins out. They unscrewed the hinges and the door hasn't closed right since it happened. So all they did was put the corner piece in the house and left. No one ✔ the other boxes and left them piled up in my kitchen and living room. So that we this was a Tuesday and we lost heat, power, electric. I have a child of 4 years and a disabled young adult with cerebral palsy mentally ** with asthma.

We lost everything on that Friday and we have to live with 29 boxes and all my other furniture all over my home in other rooms, bathroom and bedroom. I called before all this power failure to confirm they at least would check all boxes for damages before any of this happened. They never did... No one came out Tues, Wed, Thurs or Friday. We lost power Friday. Note I called and called and finally on Monday Victor ** called and I told him what happened. He said "Mark the contractor and his brother Matt had a family they had to take care of." I am sure they had generators and their families were better taken care of than mine.

Mark the contractor finally called in the following Wednesday that he would be out on Thursday as he was ordering his coffee at DD while flirting with the server. So I confirm I had to go to take my grandson to school and I would be back at 830 and he assured me he would be there at 8. I asked him to, "Please call me if you're gonna be late. Please call me if you're gonna be late." I left the back door open and for back at 820. I waited till 10 and no one came. Went to the gym for a call around 1015. He was at the house. I didn't respond because I don't take my phone in the gym. So I called to tell Victor and he was so adamant that I should of waited. He has other jobs. Omg. What about me, my family, my home.

I tried to canceled my order and they refuse to give me my money back, They would give me a gift card. I paid CASH. I wanted CASH. They told me they didn't have cash in The store. I told them to go into their cash office and they refused to give me my money back. I talk to so many people. Either no will help you or they don't know what to do. The CPO are not competent to run a business from another state. So finally a lady called me. Nicole. I told her what happened and she asked to listen. Her husband works for Lowe's as a carpenter and she assured me he could do the job. I hemmed and hawed and said ok. She told me they couldn't fit me in till April 2nd 2018. I took it because of carpentry and his wife Nicole listen. Didn't treat me like dirt.

Lowe's treats you like **. They don't listen so they started and came to look inside the boxes so 8 pieces damages and they were at that 42 days unopened. In and around my home cabinets wrong size. The designer Jim ** did his job great too! So then they reorder cabinets and I got damaged ones so I had so many damage or not acceptable drawer front cabinets. I must of had 32 drawer fronts, 3 corner doors, two cabinets and then my countertop. I was told the seam is so noticeable because the gentleman that came he states in "his professional opinion because the counter is so white it will show up." I request this statement 4 times in email or text. Never received it. But my counter is light gray with flicks of mirrors. To this day no one will respond. But thanks to JMT carpentry and Nicole I got my cabinets done yesterday July the 13th.

I could go on and on how awful Lowe's is. The corporate office mean, disrespectful, not caring, no customer service. They need training. The people in the site don't know what they're doing. The CEO should call every customer to see how satisfied customers are but he's not man enough to do that. I ordered flooring from Brockton. They delivered it and broke my storm door. I could go on and on. It was a nightmares. I am so disgusted. This only half of what they did. Please do fact ** if you want a job done right.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Their online purchase experience is worst I have ever encountered. Ordered on 2nd of July, promised delivery to store on 12th, no updates, 5 calls and now I learned it is not going to be available till 20th!!! #failure #onlineshopping #badcustomerservice

Original review: July 14, 2018

We signed a contract with Lowe's in April 2018 and were charged the full amount. In May the product - siding was delivered to our home. The contractor called us and explained Lowe's should not have delivered and he would not get to the project until June or July. The project sat in our driveway for two months and is still there. Lowe's has called us a few times asking if done. I thought they would know that. Contractor promised dates and never delivered. Finally arrived 7-13-2018 and told siding of one side of our house. This happened next day and now raining hard. Contract has yet to arrive.

Original review: July 14, 2018

We designed and purchased a 4x8 en suite bathroom remodel in late-Feb'18, to start mid-Apr'18. Materials were delivered, contractor arrived to start and found shower base was cracked. Lowe's-Piscataway NJ store said that they were re-ordering base, on rush, that date (4-18-18). Lowe's store and install office claimed it was ordered and set for delivery in 2-3 weeks. Later learned that it was not ordered until 5-2-18, then delivered to us Fri 5-25-18.

Lowe's Central Install office (CPO) scheduled contractor pre-construction meeting for Mon, to re-start project. Contractor did not show (he was out of country, so not sure why they told us to meet with him). Contractor agent showed for a 2nd meeting that Fri 6-1-18, and gutted our bathroom. The following week more new faces - "covering" workers - arrived and none had ID. Three of the contractors on our job had "expired background check". Work was delayed another week.

The install finally began the following week; the green board went up and the shower base was installed, including plumbing (which was accessed thru our foyer ceiling) but the base did not meet the walls, leaving a gap for the solid surface walls of the shower enclosure. Contractor and Lowe's at first claimed this was as it was supposed to be; we were told to "trust us to do our job". They suggested different ways to make-shift the space to work.

We then contacted the manufacturer, provided pics and measurements, and were advised it was unsound to proceed. Manufacturer guidelines were to re-measure, re-order and begin again. Lowe's and contractor delayed and evaded our communications. Finally, space was re-measured 10 am 6-25-18, and measurements were called to Lowe's-Piscataway to re-order. At 4 pm we were told it was not yet ordered and "emails were exchanged on this" [with manufacturer], and it would be handled.

At 5 pm this same day 6-25-18, we went to store, met with sales associate and Store Mgr, who agreed to complete order. We waited in store for written confirmation. On review of order, we noted that the width was correct, but depth was 1/2" short, per contractor specs. Lowe's faxed manufacturer to adjust this dimension. Papers stated estimated deliver to Lowe's store 7-16-18.

Given all complications to date, on Fri 7-13-18, we called manufacturer to check the status of the order and were advised item never went to production and order was on hold. Manufacturer notified Lowe's store and CPO on 6-28-18 that to adjust dimensions would effect pricing, so they simply needed to cancel that PO and re-submit with new dimensions as a new PO. They provided me with date/contact/mode of eight additional contacts 6-28 thru 7-12-18, requesting Lowe's confirm the change or cancel the order. We called CPO who verified that our CPO rep contact the Lowe's store Project rep and confirmed need to correct order and issue a new PO, but nothing was done. Still awaiting resolution...

Original review: July 13, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator, hood vent and an 18" dishwasher through Lowe's. The initial delivery date was set for July 4, 2018. The day before on July 3, I received an email that the delivery was rescheduled for July 17, 2018. I called in to learn that my dishwasher hadn't arrived, yet so the delivery was pushed back. I asked if there was any way to split the delivery into two since I had been without a refrigerator for almost a month. To my pleasant surprise, they said YES and it was set for July 8, 2018. The MORNING OF, they called me to tell me it wasn't possible as the system would not recognize the delivery as all three items needed to be there. WHY DID THEY OKAY IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, THEN???

The delivery department informed me that the dishwasher should be coming in that week and they would notify me. I didn't hear anything back so I called on a Wednesday to find that all items were ready for delivery. I received an email, a phone call and a text to confirm delivery on July 13, 2018 between 8:30-10:30am. I took time off of work to be present for the delivery. It was cringing on the end of the delivery timeframe so I called them. One of their reps told me that the system was showing delivery time of 5:20-6pm. I was outraged at this point and asked to speak with a supervisor. While waiting, on the other line was the delivery guy saying he was 30 minutes out. Their delivery system is unreliable, unprofessional and I would not recommend ordering through Lowe's. They gave me a measly 20% refund on my order. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE. I SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH HOME DEPOT OR HD SUPPLY.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Last summer we had a patio slider installed through Lowe's. Now, less than one year later, there is a hole in the slider screen. I have tried several times to speak to someone at the Oaks, PA store about this, but no one will call me back. When I call, and am placed on hold or shuttled from one department to another (again, on hold each time) until I am finally disconnected and forced to call back. I will never use Lowe's for a home improvement project again.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I purchased Pella windows from Lowe's in Oshkosh, WI on April 3, 2018. The windows were received and installation began on May 15. The windows were measured wrong and were 1/2" too big for the opening but Lowe's installers insisted they could make the windows fit. WRONG! The installers got the windows in but they mutilated my home. They have yet to finish wrapping/framing the outside of the windows and have removed all the interior wood trim around the windows. It is now July 9 and Lowe's doesn't give a damn about completing the installation. I have contacted four reputable contractors and no one wants to finish Lowe's chop job. I am contacting an attorney and the cost will be much greater than if I had just purchased the windows from a reputable company. If you want windows, do not go to Lowe's! Lowe's doesn't even deserve a one-star rating.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I too would have given 0 stars if it was available. I had carpet installed at a church (for a client). The installers were there very late into the evening 10 pm. The pastor had complained to the installers that the carpet was bubbling up in several areas. The installers said, "Don't worry, it will lay down in time and you have a years warranty on the install." The pastor asked the installer to note his complaint. Days later the cove base was falling off the wall. We contacted Lowe's and the installers, Quality Installation to report the problem and to note the floor was still bubbling up. The installers came back by to inspect and said it was not their responsibility.

Many, many, many calls and trips in person to Lowe's with promises of return phone calls have not been met. A month has passed and today I placed another phone call and the supervisor's remedy was for me to contact another installer and pay for the corrections. I will be posting pictures of the poor workmanship. And urge anyone thinking about have Lowe's or any work performed by Quality Installers to THINK AGAIN... The poorest customer service I have ever dealt with in my 63 years of living. Warning... Don't do it!!!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Worst customer service ever!!! We purchased a ref from Lowe’s in Carrollton, Tx on June 14 2018. It was delivered to our home on July 6, 2018. It does not work from the time it was delivered. It took us an hour to get thru to Lowe’s on the day it was delivered to advise them of the problem. When we did get thru the lady we spoke to was very flippant and could have cared less. She assured us she would have someone call us back. But of course we never heard from anyone!!! We called the store several more times and we were assured by Derek, Weldon and Jacob that the situation was being handled. But of course nothing was being done. We called the 800 number for Lowe’s customer care and spoke to a young man on Tuesday July 3, 2018. He took all the information and assured us we would be getting a call from a mgmt. team within 24 hrs. Surprise, surprise AGAIN we never heard from anyone.

We spoke to Derek and Jacob at the Carrollton store and both told us they would pick up the bad ref today July 12, 2018. When I spoke to Derek an hour ago he said he did not think he could get it picked up today. I spoke to a young lady at the 800 number (she would not give me her name). She was far from helpful and pretty much said I would have to live with not getting it picked up today Totally unacceptable. I then spoke to Corina a supervisor at Lowe’s corporate. She called the Carrollton store and spoke to another asst mgr named Carolyn. I am supposed to get a call from Carolyn between 2 and 4 today to let me know if she could help. I’m not holding my breath that I will get a call judging from the previous track record of callbacks. Nor do I expect Lowe’s to live up to their promise to have the ref picked up today.

Original review: July 10, 2018

If I could give 0 stars, I would. I ordered a washer/dryer set online and received a confirmation of purchase and delivery. Two days later, I received a call from Lowe's - somehow, half of my delivery was cancelled and could not be fulfilled for another month in the middle of a workday. There was no apology - in fact, I was transferred to someone who INSISTED that I was the one who had cancelled my delivery. I explained my situation - I started work in two weeks and I just moved - I really needed the washer/dryer. I was then transferred to a salesman who basically told me I was an idiot and I should just order something else instead of trying to get what I paid for. I explained that we'd researched the available products and I didn't want the other sets he was trying to sell me. I cancelled the order. He was apathetic and sarcastically told me to have a nice day.

I found another set I would be happy with. I decided this time to go into the store - I thought it would be a different experience. The associate was nice. She confirmed the set was in stock and scheduled a delivery. Surprise surprise - they attempted to deliver it a day early (I was at work). I called customer service and was told I'd have to reschedule delivery. I explained that I did but the delivery came a day early. She argued with me until I found the confirmation. I was then told that there's no real way to guarantee a scheduled delivery. I said that was ridiculous and referenced their website which GUARANTEES scheduled deliveries within a certain time frame. She proceeded to explain to me how the Lowe's IT system works and how this was some kind of IT issue.

I was forced the accept a much later delivery date. I must have spoken with at least 10 different customer service reps and almost every single one of them had an attitude, treated me like I was an idiot and/or expressed that this was somehow my fault. I've worked in customer service for years. I'm not a difficult person and it takes a lot for me to get upset, even when something goes wrong. I cannot believe I was treated this way by so many different people. I was spending close to $2000 and they treated me like I was complaining about a $20 purchase. This was the worst customer service experience of my life.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The staff at the store is great but I would never use one of their contractor to install anything on our property ever again. I recently purchased a fence and the contractor was suppose to come on a Tuesday. They canceled because their truck broke down. They promised to come on Friday. We waited all morning and no one showed. We didn’t receive a phone call or anything. We contacted the store and they called the contractor. They stated they were held up at another job and would be there soon. They never came. Monday rolls around and two of the workers show up without tools. They stated a third guy should be here with the tools. They call the guy who stated he cannot arrive for two hours. They asked us if we have tools. My brother told them no. They drive to Lowe’s to buy the tools.

They finally start setting up the fence by the afternoon. 4:00 rolls around and they state they have to leave but will be back in the morning. Fence is not even half completed and we aren’t fencing in a large area. Morning has come and gone. So far no one has arrived. No phone calls and fence still not done. Called Lowe’s and manager stated they were at our house but no one was here. We have been home all day and no one showed. Manager now states they will be here tomorrow. NOT HAPPY!

Original review: July 9, 2018

More than two attempts to rectify incorrect installations on laminate linoleum roof and gutters. I have gaps in my badly cut flooring, a lump glued under my kitchen floor, and a roof so crooked it looks like it was put on by a child in the dark. Am consulting attorney to sue them so I can get skilled and not day laborers to fix all the damage they have done to my cracked doors and big chip in bathroom vanity. Their worker even stole a Tupperware cup from me. Wrong size gutters installed and they damaged my siding trying to make them fit.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Seaford, DE store: We purchased a sliding glass door and their installation team came from American Pride Co. out of Salisbury, MD. The workers showed up on time, did a very very professional job on a tricky install and our finished product is wonderful and gives a whole new look to our great room. Thanks to Jeff, the one in charge of the install and his partner. VERY HAPPY with the outcome.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I recently purchased an LG Instaview Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave and Dishwasher. From the very beginning this entire process was a nightmare. Couldn’t seem to get my order straight at the store. After countless hours of going back and forth from the register to the service desk I finally thought everything was resolved. I received a call that my delivery was coming on July 6th. My delivery came with everything except the stove that apparently was never ordered because I was accused of not paying for it when I clearly had a receipt to disprove that.

The Lowe’s employees began to carry my refrigerator in. Upon doing so they destroyed everything in their path. I have huge chunks of drywall missing in my entire entryway, chunks out of my baseboards and scratches all over my walls. When they got the refrigerator to my kitchen it was destroyed. Dents and scratches all over it. No apologies from the workers in fact they couldn’t get out of my house quick enough. As far as the install in the dishwasher...it was installed and ran with all the plastic and styrofoam still inside. Also, a big purple tab was inside that said remove before running. Apparently that didn’t matter to the installer.

I paid for installation for the microwave but the installer decided he couldn’t get my old one out so he left the new one laying on my kitchen floor and only put one bolt back in the old one. So my microwave was hanging by one bolt. He also proceeded to tell me that he doesn’t make any money doing these installs so he doesn’t really care about the work that he does. That was quite obvious. I am beyond livid and totally disgusted with the terrible customer service that I received at Lowe’s. I’m not one to write bad reviews but after this experience I want to warn everyone about the incompetence and carelessness of Lowe’s employees.

Original review: July 7, 2018

The sales associate was adequate from a customer service standpoint. She separated my washer and dryer and dishwasher purchases to 2 separate receipts. This ended up costing me $46.00 in lost discount from my 10% discount coupon. They should be better trained to maximize the consumer's discount, not shortchange them.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I purchased Samsung range, ref, washer, dryer and dishwasher from Lowe's, do not buy anything from Lowe's and their warranty. They don't honor anything, they are making excuse as cosmetic or physical damage and they are not covering anything. Black stainless steel paint is coming off and they are saying cosmetic damage. Range glass cracked due to heat thermal and their tech verified but they are saying it's impact cracked and physical damage is not covered. I got robbed but I want to save you from getting robbed from thieves. Save your hard earned money.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information