Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Every time, I end up regretting when I purchase anything with extended warranty from another few major companies who are Lowe's competitor and I tell myself that I will never do it again. Lowe's customer service is truly the best... they maybe not be perfect & I do get someone who is not willing to assist once a while... but overall, you cannot find a better customer service than Lowe's. Recently, my few years old fridge started having an issue in my OBX vacation home. Using the extended warranty, I called the 3rd party contractor provided by Lowe's. After a month or so, they missed the appointment saying that repairman was not feeling good (repairman called & told us he was on his way but never showed up)... We called the repair agency and was told that there is no more appointment for another 6 month (at Lowe's competitor, with a similar issue we were told that is nothing they can do & to keep contacting the manufacture).

We called Lowe's 800 customer service & opened a case and a week later a manager called and issued full credit and this was not the first time that Lowe's helped us.. There have been various occasions that Lowe's came thru and helped us. Compare this with Lowe's direct competitor and another location which gives you two weeks to return things and has the worst customer service ever.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Shopping for countertops, we started at Home Depot...because it was the first store we came to. However, I’d had a great experience at our Minnesota Lowe’s store buying countertops so, when I needed them in our Arizona home, I went directly to my local Carefree, AZ store. I worked with Iris to come up with a plan and I selected a Silestone product. I was thrilled with my choice and that it fit into my tight budget. After all, Lowe’s quoted prices included installation (except for cutting a sink opening). Like in my Minnesota experience, this was deciding factor for me.

An outside installer was scheduled to do official measurements at our home. They came. They left. A week later Iris called to say there would be an additional installation charge of over $1000! I was crestfallen. I was also angry that installation would be that much more when installation was included! The explanation was that additional structure was required to bear the weight of the Silestone. I cancelled my order. Iris was the BEST to work with but, though she could explain the policies and be somewhat flexible with the Lowe’s prices, she couldn’t convince the installer to waive all his add-ons.

Next, I considered the composite granite. We found one that was similar to the Silestone and in an affordable bracket. Again, I paid and moved forward with the order. A new installation company was sent to our home. After all measurements were taken, again we were notified of a substantial upcharge! This time, we were told that the upcharge was to cover the expense of added structure under the countertops due to a garden window. Iris did all she could to fight for us but the installer would not absorb the additional charges.

Though I was angry and very disappointed, I was tired of the entire futile and frustrating experience by this time and decided to just drop everything and live with my old, out-of-date Formica countertops. Iris and I selected a date when I could meet her at the store to process another refund. That morning, Iris met me up front at the customer care desk. Franz, Iris’s supervisor joined her to process the large refund. I waited on a bench off to the side. After several minutes, Franz and Iris came out and approached me. Franz apologized for my wait but explained that the decision had been made on behalf on Lowe's to provide the countertops and installation at the price I had already paid! I was so shocked that I cried! I was thankful that I chased down my husband to share the good news. My husband’s response was this: “I guess this makes it clear that Lowe’s is our go-to place for home improvement from now on.” So be it!

The follow up is that, about a month later, the guys arrived to install the new countertops. The installers were so fun, professional, efficient and fast. I love the finished product! Our friends have been so complimentary. I have a bright, light kitchen. It's just as I’d hoped. Fun fact: No added structure was required to support my countertops when the old were removed to reveal what was there.

Kathy

Rio Verde, AZ

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

OK lets start out with you entering the store. Looking for set screw to fit a knob in your door but don't know what size. Greeter listens to your request, calls an associate who escorts you to the wall of many size screws. Looking like you're lost, which you are, he then takes you to the door knob section so you can point out which knob you have. Great, still doesn't tell you what screw, BUT, don't give up, he opens the box and looks at the screws inside and then, after closing the box, takes you to the screw wall again, points to the one you're looking for and with that you shake his hand, pull the screw pack, leave the area, go to cash out and lo and behold, you get to go right thru and no waiting. All this within 15 min. Now this is what I call customer service. Tell me where else you find this. You can't, can you. Oh, by the way, being a veteran, and my card shows same, I got a discount on my purchase also. WHAT A WAY TO GO. Love Lowe's. I'll be back.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Lowe's has been amazing with my water heater and my furnace. I had a water pipe break outside of my house leaked into the basement and took out both my water heater and the furnace. I went into Lowe's looking at the furnaces, wanted to do a little price checking, found a furnace and water heater that is perfect for my little one bedroom house, just a little one that would fit perfect in the basement or up on my backroom area.

Lowe's customers Care's are awesome people. The price of everything was checked and I couldn't find it anywhere else cheaper. Lowe's gave me a great deal on both but it didn't stop there, if I needed anything they were there. So polite and respectful as well as understanding. I had many questions to ask and everyone of my questions got answered. The store is very well kept and clean, didn't have a problem finding anything and everything I asked was most definitely answered very well put. Thank you to everyone at Lowe's and everyone I talked to on the phone.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I shopped for replacement screen door parts (coiled spring and spring-type hinges). I needed three hinges, but they only had packages of two per package in blister packs, so I would have had to buy two packages (four hinges) to get the three hinges I needed. They did have a package containing three hinges, but that blister pack also included an outdoor knob, an indoor handle and a latching hook, none of which I needed. And that package only came in white or black finish where I needed a brass finish. Nevertheless, I bought the white-finished package rather than buy two packages of two-pack hinges. They work well but we do not like the white finish.

As to the coil springs, they stocked two varieties in blister packs with little information as to the difference except that one was larger in diameter than the other. And you can guess, when I got back home I learned that I had bought the wrong one. I guess that's my own fault, but it would have been good to have a better description of the strength of the springs. I always shop at Lowe's when I need something in the home maintenance line and this experience won't change that. I'm a military vet, and Lowe's gives vets a discount on most items.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Purchased a bathroom heated towel rack and promised it would arrive after 2 weeks on a Friday, it didn't with no notice. After being on the line to talk to someone, a pleasant fellow apologized and said it would be the following Friday. Okay, it's COVID no problem. Next Friday, no arrival and no call. Getting frustrated. Connect to a Lowe's chatline. The response, "Sorry but we are not responsible for delivery as it's another company." They check and it has been rescheduled for following Tuesday. They give me a tracking number for UPS.

I state that I find Lowe's completely responsible for getting the product to me as I purchased it from them. Guess not. UPS calls me Tuesday. It's not being delivered for the 3rd time - no apology. It will be tomorrow. I ask why UPS hasn't delivered this despite multiple promises. It's not their responsibility but rather Lowe's. No desire to explore the issue. So Lowe's and UPS are not responsible for the delivery of the package I purchased online. This is the latest in business and customer service? This cost me frustration, having to reschedule installation 3x, and about 2 hours on the phone and online.

Goodbye Lowe's and goodbye UPS! This is the first experience with Lowe's and after other experiences with UPS. UPS does not take responsibility for packages they deliver at all. It was explained that if their driver steals or destroys the package, it is my responsibility necessitating an additional insurance fee. I want a company that stands behind its products and services or I'm gone.

I'll be researching companies that actually feel a sense of responsibility when their customers purchase their products or services. The best I've seen so far - Amazon (too bad about poor reputation surrounding employment conditions) and Hudson's Bay. They believe they are responsible and act accordingly. Ps. Also, congratulations Lowe's/UPS. I am so frustrated and now after 50 years, you've won the award for being the first bad review I've ever written. Hopefully, other businesses are paying attention and seeing the market opportunity here for taking responsibility regardless of legislation.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I ordered a refrigerator online at Lowe's in Tuscaloosa. I was given a delivery date of Aug 4 between 8:00 AM & 8:00 PM in my order confirmation. I didn't get an email or phone call. When I called the store at 6:00 AM to get an eta, I was told to wait until 8:00 to speak to someone who knew what they were doing. After being connected (& disconnected) many times, I finally found out that my order was being shipped from Columbus, MS. After calling that store 4 times, I was finally connected to a manager. They will not be bringing my refrigerator today. It is 10:00 AM.

The ice maker hose that I ordered with the fridge was supposed to be delivered by Aug2. It still hasn't arrived. The hose was ordered from Tuscaloosa & will not be on the truck that will (maybe) deliver my refrigerator later this week. I need that hose to use my new refrigerator. They told me that I could pick one up in store.

I took an unpaid day off today. I moved all of the contents of the old refrigerator & put them on ice. If I don't want them to spoil, I need to move them back & wait for another "maybe" shipping date. I will have to repeat this process on the new scheduled "maybe" delivery date. I cannot afford another unpaid day off. It took me 3 hours to find out where my order was. I guess I was expected to wait the entire 12 hr window to see what was going on. At Lowe's, NOBODY KNOWS! I would not recommend buying anything from Lowe's.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I ordered a storage container from the Charlottesville store. The storage container was suppose to be delivered on Saturday Aug 1, 2020. I went online to see what time the delivery was going to be only to find out my order was canceled. When I place the order there were 4 containers in stock. Apparently no one keeps up with the inventory. When I called about the storage container I was told they were sold out so my order was canceled. I never received a cancellation order. Of course they blamed it on Covid 19 but computers can be programmed to reflect correct inventory. Believe me when I say this is the last online order I will place with Lowe's. Home Depot's inventory is very accurate and I have never had an issue getting anything with Home Depot. I would have been disappointed had I been notified but with no notification they ruined a perfectly good Saturday. They are just very inconsiderate.

Original review: July 31, 2020

First of all I would like to say that if something deserves a good review, I most definitely would give one. This entire experience, from estimate until finally finishing our install was horrible and added so much stress to an already stressful situation. There's way too much to go into details so I'll hit only the highlights. *$5,000 high on estimate because materials listed that shouldn't have been. *Said some of our materials didn't get delivered to store when it turns out they were there all along. *Had to track down the rest of the material ourselves (before we knew it was at the store) to stay on schedule for our install. *Had to pay for that material on top of the $7,000 we had already paid. * Had to wait 5 days to get reimbursed for that. *Wasn't informed of the problem until 4 days before install.

*FINALLY get the materials, project gets started after installers show up about 11. Second day worked a few hours, left came back to "finish" because they were now scheduled for another job. *We were supposed to have 3 days for our install, my husband used vacation time to be there. Worked helping clean up after installers, on hands and knees pulling staples, etc. On the third day, they didn't show up at all until I called and complained. Our job was only half done. They arrived at almost 4 in the evening. *Communication was horrible with Service Pro. I know I said I wouldn't list details but even all of this isn't a drop in the bucket to the rest of the problems we had with Lowe's and Service Pro. Our sales person at Lowe's was wonderful but That is the only positive experience we had.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Purchased a grill from Lowe’s to be assembled and delivered. They gave me a delivery date and I took a day off work. Late in the day I called and they said it would be delivered that day. It did not show. I called the next day and they set another delivery date. I took day number two off work. It did show up, but was damaged. The driver said that he would take it back and Lowe’s would upgrade the grill at no cost. They set up a delivery date and later that day I called and they assured me that it was on the truck and would be delivered. It did not show.

I called the next day and after the run around, they finally said that the grill was in the back, yet to be assembled. Ann at Lowe’s said that after the grill would be delivered that she would call me and compensate me for my troubles. They set another delivery date and I took a fourth day off work. They delivered it with slight damage (not an upgrade either) and said that they would compensate me. I waited a month and still no call. I lost four day’s wages due to their lies and incompetence. I have never filed a complaint or given negative reviews on any business. This was my absolute worst customer service experience ever. I can see taking one day off, but four is ridiculous. This company seems to think that lying to customers is acceptable business practices. This big box store should strive to do better than this.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information