Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

3000 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

I bought a Whirlpool refrigerator at Lowe’s for delivery. The delivery crew came with the fridge and began installing it but it would not fit. No matter what they tried it just wouldn’t go between the wall and counter, and slightly too tall to fit under the cabinets. I remembered the cool tool I picked up a few months ago (not from Lowe’s, sorry): the Trim Puller. I acquired it planning on doing a project but hadn’t buckled down to doing so yet. I grabbed the Trim Puller and proceeded to remove the baseboard from the wall in the refrigerator space. It’s a rented house so I sure didn’t want to break the trim or damage the wall. As advertised! NO DAMAGE TO THE WALL AND THE TRIM CAME OFF IN ONE PIECE, UNDAMAGED.

We were making good progress side to side now but needed to clear the cabinet above. Again, I used the Trim Puller. I placed the flat face of the Trim puller on top of the fridge with the beveled edge against the cabinet. I gently tapped and the slight wedging action was all we needed and the fridge slid into place. The Lowe’s guys were very happy they didn’t have to return it and we got the fridge we wanted. Great tool!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had to replace an old fence and deck, where a large amount of vegetation had grown up around this area over the course of 20 years. I had gotten three estimates, all were similar in price. Lowe’s was just a little higher before I used the 5 percent discount. I went with Lowe’s (West Stone Drive, Kingsport TN) because it was obvious the person they sent out was very knowledgeable, (and efficient, gave me an estimate the same day), and he (Bennie) called the perfect contractors for my needs.

Bennie brought Jason out to see the site. Jason indicates they could do what other contractors hesitated on, and complete it in a week-from start. They started earlier than promised, arrived on time every day, and had such an amazing crew. They completed the job in 3 days!! (One estimator told me 3 weeks!) In that time, Bennie followed the job and quickly helped on one troublesome area (due to the lay of the lay of the land), modified to suit my taste - it was not an issue for him or the contractors (All American Home Improvement) since Bennie responded so quick. I was just in awe of all these guys!

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I've been a Lowe's customer for 30+ years and in several different states. These comments are made about the good people in the Regency Square Lowe's (store 0503). The people who work at this store are very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. Given this, if I were to pick an All-Star team the two most valuable players would be Sandy in Electrical and Richard in Plumbing. Then the Rookie of the Year would be Joseph in the Door and Window area. Not sure how he got so smart so quick, but he is very very good.

As for the MVPs, Sandy has a wealth of knowledge of his area in electric and made a number of suggestions relative lighting in our home remodel that produced excellent results. Not only does he have complete knowledge of his area, but also the whole store. The same goes for Richard in Plumbing. He is excellent. I recently had double sink fixtures in the master bathroom with minor leaks I couldn't figure out why. After several troubleshooting questions, he suggested removing the aerators from the faucets. Leaks were eliminated. The faucets were slightly obstructed due to material in the line from a defective water softener. I soaked the aerators in vinegar for several days and reinstalled them and they work perfectly without a plumbing bill.

If you have a problem in their area and explain it to either Richard or Sandy their advice and suggestions are excellent. The other thing that I appreciate, is when they are working with a customer their focus is completely on that person. Kudos to these three gentlemen as well as the entire staff at this store. My full house nine month rehab is complete and the house just sold in two weeks with two full price offers on the same day.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I am a a professional house investor (over 25 years) that has seen it ALL. And been to ALL the Lowe's stores in Indiana and New York and other states. I travel out of my way to purchase from the Lowe's in Franklin Indiana. It is the customer service and Manager that gets my business (I am probably their number 1 online order customer). I do house remodeling for a living (even a well known TV show I have worked on).

I have experienced ALL the delays and excuses and screw ups you can imagine. How about sitting a table with a TV agent telling you have to buy a refrigerator or your house won't sell? Well Lowe's kept calling and said it was on its way... Then they said it HAD been delivered and I am sitting there with the guy listening to me yelling, "They STOLE MY REFRIGERATOR and I am contacting police right now" (Showed up Late in evening...they found it in one of the delivery guys' garages). Oh same deal days before... my thousands of dollars of roofing materials had been delivered and I even signed for them? Hmm, I was in hospital...got out and had this other store try to find that receipt WITH my signature. OOPS they couldn't... Well this was another store.

I GOT LUCKY and found the FRANKLIN INDIANA STORE. The manager definitely treats me right. Ok, I spend THOUSANDS every month. I go out of my way to buy from this store...even though my properties are VERY close to another store. Screw ups happen...but it seems this store always makes it right one way or another. Can't always get a refund but a store credit will do for me. Thank You Franklin...your customer William **.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

So it was time to replace the washer & dryer. We purchased a set for approximately $1,000 for the pair delivered with accessories. 5 months later very dissatisfied with the washer and its ability to balance loads and not Shake. Reviewed Lowe's return policy for appliances and you are able to return appliances for a full refund or credit for up to three months after purchase.

Well it had been 5 months and a few days since our purchase but I decided to contact them anyways. Contacted Jesse and explained my situation and she took the ball and ran with it. No problem, picked up the units the following morning and by that afternoon called me and had refunded the total purchase price to my American Express. As to not go through another unsatisfactory experience with appliances I reviewed washer and dryers extensively and found that almost all of them had 4 * reviews but read the one and two star reviews and came to the realization that all washers and dryers and probably refrigerators alike are of nowhere's the same quality is 15-20 years ago. Finally just took wild guess and purchased a nice-looking looking set of an LG washer and dryer.

They delivered it the following day and set it up and after a few days of using them I'm very satisfied with the performance but a little leery of all the new electronics and such that they use nowadays. But the point of this review is not on the appliance itself but on the great service that Lowe's gave after the sale. I didn't repurchase my washer and dryer from Lowe's because I had to but because of the great service after the sale!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Lakewood, WA Store: Went in to buy a Dryer. No Appliance specialist on hand. I took my time looking to see what would work for me. Finally see a guy with

Lowe's Vest on. Requested a tape measure. He acknowledged me but never came back. Still nobody acknowledges my presence so I proceed to the front

of the store. I see the employee I requested the tape measure from. He is meandering in the paint dept. Looks at me but didn't offer a tape measure. Continued to the customer service desk. Asked if they had an Appliance Specialist on hand. I needed to buy a dryer. She pulled their schedule out and said, "Yes, Richard." Turns out Richard was standing next to me. I said, "Hi Richard. I need your assistance in Appliances." He replied, "Do you just have questions or are you interested in buying something." "Ah I am here to buy a dryer," I replied. He said, "Okay I will send (cant remember the name) back there to help you."

I heard the request for this person to go to appliances but still no employee. I went back to the front to find Richard & Kathy and some other employee watching the Seahawks/Steelers Football game. Imagine my rage! After a Few "**" Bombs saying, "Really. You're watching football when I have been in the back for 1/2 hour to buy a dryer!" I was asked to leave the store. You just can't make this up. What A freaking joke. I passed up Home Depot to go to this store. I went to Home Depot in Spanaway and bought my dryer.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

This is a special shoutout to Steve in the Hardware Dept Port Orchard Store. I have to say, I have never been disappointed with the products or the customer service Lowe's has provided over the years. If they ain't got it, they'll get it. Their staff are exceptionally helpful and Steve is an excellent example of the best. I am so thankful that Lowe's is there for me and that they appreciate military personnel and shows with the discount they offer. I am so very pleased with Lowe's and only wish other businesses were as good. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Product was good, window installers damaged the new window frame during installation. $20,000.00 total job. Dealing with the store for almost 2 yrs. without correction of the problem. Have to deal with new people every time I go there. Factory has responded to certain problems and corrected immediately. They note each time the installation damage on their paperwork. Last visit to store new person said that they delete their files after a year and have no record of damage and can't do anything about it. This has been going on for almost two years and the store employees could care less. I was a contractor for 40 years so I am very understanding to these type of problems. Lowe's doesn't have a clue how to handle this. I don't like social media to air these problems but that is next.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

This was my experience with buying tile from Lowe's. This is a lengthy story but one to read and be forewarned. Over a month ago I found tile on Lowe's website that I fell in love with. The price was too good to be true. No stores near me had this tile in stock. So I decided to call Lowe's customer service. They were extremely nice and found when more of the tile I wanted should arrive to a store near me. Then they confirmed that the price I saw on their website, because I gave them the item number and they were looking at the same tile, they stated that that would be the price and that it was a great deal. I was so excited thinking this was too good to be true, but the customer service person at Lowe's confirmed the price online with me.

A couple of weeks later I go to the Lowe's that should have received the tile. A nice man who worked at Lowe's helped me out and I showed him a picture of the tile and the price. He said "Yep that's the price." I told the him I needed 1200 sq ft of tile. 1 case of this tile covered 11.60 sq ft, making a total of me needing 104 cases of tile. The purchase price of the tile was $0.22 sq ft, making each case $2.55. I purchased one case to take home with me, and the Lowe's worker and someone else who came to help invoiced 103 cases for me. This was on a Monday, and I scheduled the delivery for the coming Saturday.

Between Monday and Saturday, my husband got into a car accident and suffered a broken neck and bruised his spinal cord. My husband has been in the hospital and now a spinal rehabilitation center to learn how to basically do everything the body can do. We still do not know if my husband will get full function back of everything. Needless to say I was not doing well. So the last thing I needed was for Lowe's to make things worse. I get a call on Friday, a day after my husband's accident, letting me know that my tile will be delivered between 2 and 6pm on Saturday. I confirmed this with them that that would work. I planned Saturday around the tile delivery.

Come Saturday, around 10am, my kids and myself are on our way to the hospital to see their daddy, when I get a call stating that the tile should be delivered within an hour. I was so upset, I called the delivery company and stated that I would not be home and confirmed the delivery for between 2-6pm. The driver had asked if he could just drop it off in front of my garage since it's only 13 cases. I said absolutely not! I told them I could not move all that tile by myself. then I stated that it should be 103 cases total and not 13. They said, "OK we will call you back." They did not call me back. I had to call them back. When I called back I was told that the driver completely ignored my request and dropped off the 13 cases of tile in front of my garage and left. They then transferred me to the store manager, where I bought the tile, and I will admit I was already very emotional and not the nicest. I did apologize, but I was mad.

The store manager made the driver go back and pick up the tile. But when I asked where the rest of my cases of tile were he said, "Ma'am you only bought 104 pieces of tile, not 103 cases of tile." I said no that's not true. I told him the names of the two people who helped me invoice the cases of tile, he said well that one guy is new to flooring and they didn't even have that much of the tile in stock. That was a lie because the man that helped me said they had over 400 cases on hand. I told the store manager that I was going to call Lowe's customer service because this was not ok. He said I can do that, but he knew exactly what they would tell me. He said they would tell me it was a pricing error and would not be able to sell me the tile at that price.

I called the customer service and lo and behold that store manager was right. They told me those exact word. They said this was pricing error and there was nothing they could do about it. I said yes, "There is, you can honor that price." They said, "We don't do that pretty much." I asked to speak to a supervisor. Unfortunately the supervisor was no help. Again, I was emotional already, and cussed about twice with the supervisor, then apologized. But in the end I asked for them to please honor the price, because this was not my mistake. This was theirs. They still would not do that. All they said were they were sorry and they will make sure this will not happen to me again.

I said to them that I am nobody and they will not care if this happens again. Then I asked when did it come to this? When companies don't honor their mistakes and the customers get screwed. They just don't care. I have a screen shot of the price of the tile that was online, but for some reason I am unable to upload it. But it was $0.22 a sq ft. Each case covered 11.60 sq ft, making the case purchase price $2.55 for each case. This is what was invoiced but not honored.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I put a request in to have my Hustler mower repaired on August 14 and to date (Sep 11) my mower has not been picked up not had anyone contact me regarding my service! I've called numerous times but I get the same run around story... The company has no available driver and they even tried to blame Hurricane Dorian. But why wasn't my mower picked up on the scheduled date on Aug 28? I would not recommend Lowe's to my worst enemy!

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information