Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I shopped for replacement screen door parts (coiled spring and spring-type hinges). I needed three hinges, but they only had packages of two per package in blister packs, so I would have had to buy two packages (four hinges) to get the three hinges I needed. They did have a package containing three hinges, but that blister pack also included an outdoor knob, an indoor handle and a latching hook, none of which I needed. And that package only came in white or black finish where I needed a brass finish. Nevertheless, I bought the white-finished package rather than buy two packages of two-pack hinges. They work well but we do not like the white finish.

As to the coil springs, they stocked two varieties in blister packs with little information as to the difference except that one was larger in diameter than the other. And you can guess, when I got back home I learned that I had bought the wrong one. I guess that's my own fault, but it would have been good to have a better description of the strength of the springs. I always shop at Lowe's when I need something in the home maintenance line and this experience won't change that. I'm a military vet, and Lowe's gives vets a discount on most items.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I bought a Whirlpool refrigerator at Lowe’s for delivery. The delivery crew came with the fridge and began installing it but it would not fit. No matter what they tried it just wouldn’t go between the wall and counter, and slightly too tall to fit under the cabinets. I remembered the cool tool I picked up a few months ago (not from Lowe’s, sorry): the Trim Puller. I acquired it planning on doing a project but hadn’t buckled down to doing so yet. I grabbed the Trim Puller and proceeded to remove the baseboard from the wall in the refrigerator space. It’s a rented house so I sure didn’t want to break the trim or damage the wall. As advertised! NO DAMAGE TO THE WALL AND THE TRIM CAME OFF IN ONE PIECE, UNDAMAGED.

We were making good progress side to side now but needed to clear the cabinet above. Again, I used the Trim Puller. I placed the flat face of the Trim puller on top of the fridge with the beveled edge against the cabinet. I gently tapped and the slight wedging action was all we needed and the fridge slid into place. The Lowe’s guys were very happy they didn’t have to return it and we got the fridge we wanted. Great tool!

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I've been a Lowe's customer for 30+ years and in several different states. These comments are made about the good people in the Regency Square Lowe's (store 0503). The people who work at this store are very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. Given this, if I were to pick an All-Star team the two most valuable players would be Sandy in Electrical and Richard in Plumbing. Then the Rookie of the Year would be Joseph in the Door and Window area. Not sure how he got so smart so quick, but he is very very good.

As for the MVPs, Sandy has a wealth of knowledge of his area in electric and made a number of suggestions relative lighting in our home remodel that produced excellent results. Not only does he have complete knowledge of his area, but also the whole store. The same goes for Richard in Plumbing. He is excellent. I recently had double sink fixtures in the master bathroom with minor leaks I couldn't figure out why. After several troubleshooting questions, he suggested removing the aerators from the faucets. Leaks were eliminated. The faucets were slightly obstructed due to material in the line from a defective water softener. I soaked the aerators in vinegar for several days and reinstalled them and they work perfectly without a plumbing bill.

If you have a problem in their area and explain it to either Richard or Sandy their advice and suggestions are excellent. The other thing that I appreciate, is when they are working with a customer their focus is completely on that person. Kudos to these three gentlemen as well as the entire staff at this store. My full house nine month rehab is complete and the house just sold in two weeks with two full price offers on the same day.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I am a a professional house investor (over 25 years) that has seen it ALL. And been to ALL the Lowe's stores in Indiana and New York and other states. I travel out of my way to purchase from the Lowe's in Franklin Indiana. It is the customer service and Manager that gets my business (I am probably their number 1 online order customer). I do house remodeling for a living (even a well known TV show I have worked on).

I have experienced ALL the delays and excuses and screw ups you can imagine. How about sitting a table with a TV agent telling you have to buy a refrigerator or your house won't sell? Well Lowe's kept calling and said it was on its way... Then they said it HAD been delivered and I am sitting there with the guy listening to me yelling, "They STOLE MY REFRIGERATOR and I am contacting police right now" (Showed up Late in evening...they found it in one of the delivery guys' garages). Oh same deal days before... my thousands of dollars of roofing materials had been delivered and I even signed for them? Hmm, I was in hospital...got out and had this other store try to find that receipt WITH my signature. OOPS they couldn't... Well this was another store.

I GOT LUCKY and found the FRANKLIN INDIANA STORE. The manager definitely treats me right. Ok, I spend THOUSANDS every month. I go out of my way to buy from this store...even though my properties are VERY close to another store. Screw ups happen...but it seems this store always makes it right one way or another. Can't always get a refund but a store credit will do for me. Thank You Franklin...your customer William **.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

So it was time to replace the washer & dryer. We purchased a set for approximately $1,000 for the pair delivered with accessories. 5 months later very dissatisfied with the washer and its ability to balance loads and not Shake. Reviewed Lowe's return policy for appliances and you are able to return appliances for a full refund or credit for up to three months after purchase.

Well it had been 5 months and a few days since our purchase but I decided to contact them anyways. Contacted Jesse and explained my situation and she took the ball and ran with it. No problem, picked up the units the following morning and by that afternoon called me and had refunded the total purchase price to my American Express. As to not go through another unsatisfactory experience with appliances I reviewed washer and dryers extensively and found that almost all of them had 4 * reviews but read the one and two star reviews and came to the realization that all washers and dryers and probably refrigerators alike are of nowhere's the same quality is 15-20 years ago. Finally just took wild guess and purchased a nice-looking looking set of an LG washer and dryer.

They delivered it the following day and set it up and after a few days of using them I'm very satisfied with the performance but a little leery of all the new electronics and such that they use nowadays. But the point of this review is not on the appliance itself but on the great service that Lowe's gave after the sale. I didn't repurchase my washer and dryer from Lowe's because I had to but because of the great service after the sale!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I placed my order and installation for replacement windows over 5 weeks ago now. Still no call or any kind of notification when the installation would take place. Any sort of time frame would be great.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

AFINE DESIGN was contracted to install approximately 160 feet of wood fencing at the the cost of around $3600.00 dollars. Less than a year later the pickets are coming apart and need to be resecured or stapled. LOWE'S Corporate Office has been contacted 7 times and reached out to AFINE DESIGN with voice messages, emails and phone conversations requesting AFINE DESIGN to contact me, yet AFINE DESIGN will not respond.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Delivery was originally scheduled 8-3, then changed during the day to 9:30-1:00, then changed again from 2-6, then I got a call that the driver was running a half hour late. The driver showed up at 7:30 and the condo doesn't allow deliveries after 7:00. The deliver company would not reschedule the next day so I called the store and they said they would get me on the schedule for the next day around 2:00 since I wasn't available until 11:30. That night I got a voicemail from the delivery company and I was on the schedule from 8:30-12:30. I called and they couldn't make the delivery when I was available to accept it and their attitude was "too bad"! I called the store again and their attitude was the same. I'll never buy another thing from them!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

EVERY MONTH I buy 10 30 sheets of plywood that needs to be cut. And in the past 6 months their saw is BROKEN!!?? So after the third time being told this I find out from one manager and then store manager these parts are on back order. And let's not forget it takes whomever it is that works on this saw 3-5 weeks just to get to the store and look at it!!!! OMFGOD!!!! And now again this past week of...Nov, 9th 2019 SAME ** all over again. Talked with store manager.... This guy don't give a ratz ** about ANYTHING but himself. So Lowe's BIG MONEY LOwe's would rather keep fixing an outdated saw, a $300 saw, a NEW SAW $300 they will not replace but will keep spending money on their old garbage saw and have people rot and wait for a month and longer rather than replace it. This is a perfect example oh why people hate this store.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

We purchased an exclusive color Silestone Quartz called Copper Mist from Lowe's in the end of Aug. They came out. Did template. With many appointments coming late the installers finally showed up on Sept 25th to install. We had to pay extra because of the weight and size of island piece but they still only had 2 people show up. My husband ended up having to help.

This began the nightmare where they have placed the countertops cockeyed cut gaps on the edges so big that you can see the floor and top of cabinet wood. My counters are gray cabinets cream color. They filled these gaps with opaque white caulking and also got it all over my cabinets and counters. The glue on counter and backsplash is all globby and all over counter. Their fix they could change out caulking to clear! They completely forgot a 5 ft piece of backsplash that they claimed we hadn't paid for.

The next day at Lowe's it was refigured and we had paid. So they brought it out and that too was 1/4 too short. This was suppose to be different installers but they sent the same 2 as the first day. And he would not address the crooked and cut wrong issues. We ended up making them leave. The Island is placed crooked, they placed the faucet and sprayer hose holes so far back from sink the faucet water splashes all over counter, The counter is over on 2 in of the apron front where it shouldn't be with cuts next to it that they left open and even with drill holes. They left 1/4 in gaps on both sides of the stove front only. They fit tight in back. One side of counter workspace is over an inch shorter and the overhang is only an inch and the top end is almost 2 inches over. Not one piece they installed is right and to top it off they tore my new 36 in hand hammered copper sink and damaged a custom cabinet.

We ordered a 3/8 bevel edge which was almost $2 an in and what we got is over 1/2 inch bevel and is half the thickness of counter. They sent second crew who told GA GRANITE that they felt redo was the best option. Weeks of being passed from person to person we would be told it would be redone to they were going to fix what we had. Unless you can regrow quartz that's not happening.

They sent a third crew out and we thought again they were going to retemplate but no. They claim nothing is bad enough. They said they were sending money for my sink. Hasn't happened and now they want to send their cabinet people out instead of the people we had build and install to fix the damages. To fix a cabinet that is not sold by them and was custom put together. So now we are 7 or 8 weeks out from install. They have stop communicating with us. Like we are just going away.

The holidays are coming up. We can't finish our kitchen walls or install tile or stove vent cause we are still waiting on countertops and damages to be fixed. I have hundreds of pics of this $8000 mess. Oh and I almost forgot. They cut the 22 x 36 sinkhole out in my house. The installer had a respirator on. I was in living room crying because my house filled with white crystal dust. We have open floor plan and even upstairs was covered, all the wood on walls the beams. Inside my cabinets the pantry.

We had sore throats and headaches and now a cough for weeks. Even my animals were sick. I would wet mop washed the wood down and there would be more fall out every day. Never will we hire Lowe's or GA Granite < Lowe's quartz supplier and installers for anything, I wish I could give lower than a one star. Hopefully this saves someone else from the horrors we are going through.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information