Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Unfortunately, Lowe’s is turning into a budget brand store with subpar appliances. I purchased a front load Samsung washing machine and had it professionally installed by Lowe’s. It stopped working in only 2 years. As you can see from the pictures I took today, they still LOOK brand new. Well don’t judge these books by their covers. They only LOOK nice. I’ve had two service technicians tell me that my machine must have a defect because there is no machine that should have these issues within two years. Also, both technicians along with a technician that came to look at my refrigerator warned me never to buy Samsung appliances again (my fridge is Kenmore. It is 22 years old, and it still works.)

Long story short of course Lowes offers no remedy to customers and Samsung only has a one year warranty. The manager from Lowe’s who returned my call, Jessica, clearly had other things to attend to that evening, because she rushed me off the phone asking “if I had any others because we were talking in circles.” She told me that they sell thousands of Samsung appliances at her store and have no issues with them and will continue to sell them. I guess her store didn’t sell one of the 640,000 Samsung washers that were recalled in 2022. Just be warned that when you buy anything from Lowe’s, you’ll have to spend more money on protection plans.

With appliances being so expensive, you’d think they’d actually last. I only got 2 years out of a “15 year” washer. I only wash about 3 loads of laundry per month, so it wasn’t because of excessive use. I am 41 and have had at least 10 washing machines. I’ve never had an issue with any of my washing machines until I bought a Samsung. I DO HAVE A HOME WARRANTY, which is why I didn’t purchase Lowe’s expensive protective plan. And from the poor service I’ve received, I can’t imagine being satisfied with their warranty services. In sum, stay far away from Samsung washers, and don’t expect and resolutions from Lowe’s.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

MLK holiday weekend sales but no employees in the appliance center. I eventually purchased a refrigerator, washer and dryer. I had pre-selected them the previous day and just needed an agent to ring them up. Employees from other departments were reluctant to help as they were not trained in the various information needed to sell warranties and such. Two and a half hours to buy 3 items. Painful!

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

My wife and I have always maintained excellent credit and purchased an item (Ashley 3200 sq-ft Pedestal Wood Stove) around 4/1/2022 and Lowe's convinced us to open a credit account to get the best price vice paying cash. The purchase was just less than $2000. Our payments were always above the monthly requested amount. The financing institution is Synchrony bank and a bit of a challenge to reach to get clear information. We paid more than the minimum payment on every payment and more than a year later, checked synchrony and realized we still owed more than half of the total. Even though our payments were greater than the amount due, the interest rate was through the roof and we would have never paid it off. The interest just continued to skyrocket.

We had to go to our local store (4708 Portsmouth Boulevard, Chesapeake, VA 23321) to pay it off because we could not get the assistance we needed via the Lowes contact line no matter how often we called. The manager that assisted us there was respectful, understanding, patient and experienced. She made the call, helped us through the process and we were able to pay it off in full and close the credit account. She understood that the company makes it difficult and a nightmare experience to pay off the balance owed and close the credit account therefore frustrating the customers so most will give up and she patiently got us through it. After about 20 minutes on the phone with them, the account is now closed and the $831.74 (shown as the total payoff even though we were paying significantly more than the monthly minimum) changed to $752.02. We will never be robbed like that again barring an emergency especially from an obvious thief.

1/15/2023

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Lowe’s in Grand Forks, ND. did my kitchen remodel. I paid them $30,000 in June of 2022 to start the job. It’s now January of 2023 and I’m still waiting for my kitchen to be completely finished. I’ve been lied to, gaslit, and told I’m "overreacting" every time I complain. It’s been absolute HELL dealing with Lowe’s! They ordered the wrong size cabinets, then blamed me for their mistake. When new cabinets arrived, they were damaged. This happened multiple times. I lived without a stove, sink, and refrigerator for 7 months. I spent thousands eating out during this time. I had a nervous breakdown & started drinking again. Lowe’s didn’t care. They never compensated me for anything. I’m traumatized from this experience.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I have a Kobalt power tool that has stopped working after only 4 uses, they say they can not replace it and I will need to purchase another..I will never shop at Lowe's again and you should not either..

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

NEVER, I repeat NEVER order new windows from Lowe's! This has been one of the worst experiences of my life. They use a 3rd party installer who never fully sealed my windows (there's a gap on one side of each of my windows) and now after NINE WEEKS (over two months!) and counting my windows still have freezing cold air coming thru because this 3rd party installer didn't seal them all the way on one side of each window.

I paid thousands of dollars for these windows and no one at Lowe's seems to be able to get this situation rectified (they all keep telling me it's "being escalated" but after TWO MONTHS with no resolution, maybe your "escalation" process needs to change?!). It's like if you ordered a refrigerator and they delivered it but it doesn't work. Is that "installed"?! Don't make the same mistake I did. Go with a company that specializes in windows. This has been a nightmare and honestly, they may never fix these windows. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this awful company to seal my windows (something that should have been done when they "installed them"), please let me know. I can't even sleep in the bedroom that the windows were "installed" because it's been freezing due to the cold air coming in.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Lowe's claims to have a price match guarantee but when I called for a price match for the EXACT same item on sale from Home Depot they refused to match the price. Over $75. I’m returning $1000 to them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I contracted aluminum fence installation through Lowe’s on September 16. As finally write this review on December 29, my installation has yet to be completed. I have been waiting the past three weeks for a single corner post… My project is sitting about ¾ done. Along the way, there have been tons of empty promises and missed deadlines. We have had materials (including concrete) sit in our driveway (front of the house) for over seven consecutive weeks. Today, I was to receive the materials needed to finalize our installation. Yesterday, Lowe’s sent confirmation that the materials would be delivered by 12:30 EST. When no materials arrived, I called and was told that the delivery was “not on the truck’s manifest”… Lowe’s now claims that my remaining materials will be delivered January 2. Rightfully, I hold no trust in that.

At no time along the way has Lowe’s contacted me regarding our project. Rather, I only get anything when I inquire about another missed deadline. In nearly four months, they have made no meaningful attempt to make this right. Not a single one. At this point all we want is what we have paid for. Again, this all started September 16, well over three months ago. If you need contracted services, I’d recommend either working directly with the contractor (which I wish I had) or trying Home Depot, with whom I have had much better past success.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

My wife and I ordered a built in desk with cabinets from Lowe's in Mandarin. The paperwork says desk height. Standard desk height is 28-30 inches. What we got was 32 1/2 inches which is 4 inches higher than my standard 28 inch desk. We complained from day one. We contacted Michael. Nothing. He said the order was right. We contacted installation. They said Michael is right. The order specifically says desk height and we told him to his face when I was ordering that I work from the desk 12 hours a day typically. We measured his desk at the store. Yes...the cabinets will be this high. We paid $6000 for the built ins and countertops. We can't use them because they are too tall and hurt our shoulders. We have filed complaints thru Google, thru the store and with corporate. Nobody calls us back. The assistant manager in charge of the cabinets is less than useful. She just refers back to Michael that he is correct and what we got is correct.

I have asked for somebody, anybody to come to my home and sit at them and see how comfortable they are. Nope. They won't. I asked for the general manager to call me. 3 times. Not one call back. Lowes is the most pathetically managed business I have ever dealt with. This has been going on for 6 months now. Next step is to file suit with small claims. I'm sick of this company and will never step foot in one again. I do not recommend buying anything from this store as they do not stand by the product. If I hadn't paid off the credit card so fast I would have filed against them there. Worse company ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

I recently had some appliances delivered. Lowe's recently went to a third party delivery system in which the third party also contracts out the actual delivery. The delivery crew damaged my home flooring and then both Lowe's and the logistics company (Riverstone Logistics) made me work with the actual delivery crew to get the damage paid for. Lowe's partners with outside companies without their customer’s permission and then takes no responsibility when things go wrong. They’ve lost a customer for life.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information