Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: May 25, 2022

Stood in a paint line for 20 minutes with about 8 lowes employees walking around doing nothing!!! Customer service saw us standing there and never called anyone to help. After 20 minutes, I walked out. I WILL NEVER GO INTO A LOWES STORE AGAIN!!! I went because it was close to my house, but I will drive longer and farther to get to a home depot from now on!!!

Original review: May 22, 2022

I purchased a refridge in 2018 with an extended warranty. Well in 2020 it kicked the bucket so I had to run to Lowe's quickly and purchase a new one not realizing that I had an extended warranty. I purchased the same one so about 3 weeks ago we go to our summer home and plug it in and guess what? It did not work so I called the warranty co and they did send a man out to look at it. He told me that lowe's would be contacting me so I heard nothing. I went to the same lowe's and they told me that I would be getting a check. Never received the check. Lowe's and Whirlpool do not stand behind their products.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2022

For a $169.58 bill. Lowe's charged me $169.58, $254.45, $194.88. For a total of $618.91. I spent over two hours on the phone with their support. No help whatsoever. Filled a ftc complaint. It has been four days and still no resolution. On Monday I will contact my bank and have every one of these charges charged back to lowe's. This is credit card fraud.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Lowe's Home Improvement contracted with Huber Home Improvement to remove old fence. This has become a nightmare. Ignored CONTRACT specifications, installer damaged wood, nails sticking out everywhere, fence moves, washed out concrete up to 4 feet, put my old concrete/old posts in post holes, when was supposed to backfill to ground level the mound around posts. Concrete was estimated at 4000lbs plus short so installer shoved old concrete from posts in post holes. No concrete below posts. I have posts, numerous that were cut with circular saw, three times per post. Installer, Huber did not measure and cut rails but nailed and cut on posts. Killed my grass and plants with debris piles and stomping plants to death - dirt loaded with old wood, nails, staples, concrete, labels, cigarette butts on my yard and thrown in ditch area.

Anything Huber employee did not feel like cleaning up. Old picket bottoms still highly visible and Not removed. Used really bad wood from Lowes..with gouges, holes, split, not treated right, pickets are just weird. Some angled like V at bottom gapping at top. Nor all are to the ground as contract specified. Gate posts and gates assembled incorrectly, with split wood, nails stick out. Nails hammered down at angle..wobbles like it is disjointed. Fence was to be done in 2 days..Almost a month later I have no fence, and the damage is extensive both to fence frame and MY PROPERTY.. Huber even sloped concrete to drain from the top of ditch bank, INTO MY YARD. Huber also has caused erosion problems with all the concrete washout their employee did. It goes on and on.

Moving fence Chad Huber said, "well you will just have to sacrifice"..Excuse me? Lowes has done nothing. Told them find a new contractor and rip all this out and try again. You are in breach of Contract on numerous counts. Well they are not sending the Expired license, destructive and rude and nasty people back to my home. They have received pics but COULD NOT CARE LESS. We will have to make this Legal. Do not trust Lowes to honor contracts or promises..They Do Not!

Original review: May 15, 2022

I ordered a fridge, not knowing Lowe's used a sketchy third party delivery company. The guys coming to my home looked a mess and were very unprofessional. My request for them to wear a mask has led me to still not having a fridge. This is day 3 now of my family's suffering. I asked them to mask up before entering my home, they asked why and told me they didn't have mask on their truck. I told them store was right up the street. They could get some there.

I told them COVID and Flu is out here and I didn't want to risk my family getting sick because we have an upcoming vacation and I needed to protect my home. They called their manager and she called me telling me covid is non existent and she doesn't require them to wear mask at all. I explained to her I have to protect my family and whether or not it is required by their company. It's my home and my preference. It's required by me. She then contacted Lowe's and told them I said my family had covid and they will not deliver the fridge.

Day 2 I was told my fridge would come today, and before delivery Tim W. with Lowe's called me and told me that they will not deliver because they were told my family has covid. I explained to him what happened and that was not the case. He then had me contact Amy ** (belleville east Lowe's). I talked to her and explained what the situation was. She was very inconsiderate of the fact that my family and I are still without a fridge, and basically said there was nothing they could do. I need to call the third party company. Why do I need to contact them. I purchased a fridge with Lowe not the third party company. I paid lowe's not the third party company. I asked her how would she feel if all she was doing was trying to protect her family and was treated this way all because I requested them to wear a mask before entering my home. Her reply was "I can give you your refund there's no need to come up here for it."

Are you serious!!!! This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company and I was a loyal customer of lowe's until now. How could you all even have dealings with a third party company that does not respect people preferences. This says a lot about the corporation and who is running things. And we still have no fridge all because I asked the sketchy delivery men to mask up before entering my home.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Purchased refrigerator/freezer with icemaker. 15 months later icemaker quits. File for extended warranty repair. Lowes says they will send out technician. Appointment is cancelled. Parts are ordered. Parts do not come in. Lowes says they will do a buyout. End of information. People at the store can not help. Called the number for their Assurant Customer Care - they can not find our contract or any information - they tell us they will get back with us in 48 hours. They do not get back with us. Call again. This time they find the contract and say they will get back to us in 48 hours - they do not.

We try to buy part through Samsung but are not sure of the part number. Samsung says they will send out a tech and fix the ice-maker no charge. Appointment made within 24 hours. 2 days later the appointment is cancelled - Lowes is doing a buyout - told to contact Lowes. When I give Lowes the EPP Buyout number they can not find it. My husband gave up. Local appliance repair man is actually coming out to fix unit. Obviously our extended warranty was a waste of money and not worth the paper it was written on. Do NOT get their extended warranties.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The worst service I could have ever expected out of a retailer that doesn't seem to care. I'll explain... I ordered all new Pella windows for my house April 2021 spending $24k from the Naperville IL Lowe's. The windows showed up in June. The soonest the installers could get us in was July. During the installation it was discovered that 2 were broken completely, one window they installed with a broken window insert and a part missing on another awning window. The installers assured me they communicated back to Lowe's everything that was needed after they installed what they could. This is where my nightmare begins. A month goes by and nothing from Lowe's. No confirmation or any signs of life that they are taking care of my order.

I have to call them and email them to only to find out they have not done anything with the replacement order nor the insert or the parts. So it took me calling to initiate the reorder of the broken windows while I'm on vacation mind you. The store promised me it was all taken care of. I had hail damage and was waiting for the windows to be installed so the siding folks could come in afterwards... October comes and I finally have to commit to getting my siding done before the replacement windows arrived. The installers taped around the outside of the windows so that they would hold the elements out until the installers could install the last two windows.

Fast forward to November when the replacement windows finally show up. The installer tells me Feb 8th is the soonest and won't budge. What am I supposed to do? So I wait until February and they deliver the windows to my house. On the scheduled date of installation only one installer comes out do a second story installation and reschedules on me because weather conditions aren't that great and was also looking for any excuse possible to reschedule. He calls his boss who apparently was on vacation in Florida complaining that he isn't going to be able to do it. Fine... At this point what's a few more days to wait for better weather and get this done. Plenty of warm fantastic days go by and nothing...

I unwrap my windows just to make sure everything is in there and sure enough one of the windows inserts that needed to be replaced was not in there (even though they said they ordered it). That window keep in mind is broken where it locks the window. So no security issues there at all being on the ground level... I call the store Late March to address the issue and talked to Ray. He reassured me he was going to look into it. ALL of it and he would get back to me. He... Never... Called... Fast forward to may 4th of 2022. I've had conversations with Lowe's installation services. They didn't know since it was still in "Scheduled" status even though the date was in the past? They said they've escalated it. I get the same "Well we will call the contractor" and nothing comes of it because the contractor never answers the phone. I was promised calls back on updates both Friday and Monday and sure enough my phone did not ring.

I had to call Lowe's back on May 10th to again try to push this along and get updates when I shouldn't have to. I always have to call or email Lowe's to push progress! The coordinators solution at installation services that I talked to was they would try to call and email... do not give this company your money... I've been a loyal customer for years. I'm embarrassed to say I also recommended them to a family member and they are also fighting to get things finished. You cannot take this kind of money from someone and not follow through. It's been over a year and my project still isn't complete. There has to be a law that protects consumers on out of pocket costs up front that punishes retailers like this. I will certainly be inquiring... WHERE IS THE ACCOUNTABILITY? You don't deserve my business or anyone else's or anyone else's.

Original review: May 6, 2022

First of all, I have a second home in Michigan and travel there from St. Louis, Missouri. Lowe's sent out an installer to measure my job consisting of a kitchen/dining room and a bedroom. I asked the installer what the next step would be. He said Lowe's of Benton Harbor would contact me. They did not. I contacted them and was told the flooring department would return my call. They did not. I contacted the installation department via the website and finally got someone's attention. We ordered the materials and they were delivered one morning and placed in my garage. We were then notified that the installation would occur on May 3.

On May 2nd, I was notified that a separate installation for my bedroom would occur on May 7. On May 3rd the installer showed up and stated that since the material was in the garage, he could not install it until the materials had been in the house for 72 hours. I did not know this. I had traveled from St. Louis for this installation and had already moved all the furniture from both areas. No effort was made by Lowe's to reimburse me for my travel or to solve the problem. I have now cancelled job and am awaiting refund of 5K+.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I bought a toilet on April 26, 2022. I bought the delivery and installation also. I was told by the salesman that I would receive a call to set up installation day and time. After several days, I hadn’t heard anything, so I called the installation number. They didn’t have any record of my purchase, but when doing a search by name, they found it with a completely wrong phone number. Long story short, a few days later, after still not having a date or time set up, I called again. They had the wrong phone number assigned to me again. Every time I called, they had a wrong phone number for me. I made a total of five calls. I finally got tired of it, canceled the entire order, and took my money elsewhere. The sales people are okay, but they really need to work on their delivery and installations! I doubt if I will ever buy anything major from this company in the future.

Original review: May 3, 2022

If I could give zero stars, I would. We signed a contract in September 2021 for the purchase and installation of windows and sliding glass doors. The estimated date of delivery was January 2022. When January arrived, the date was perpetually pushed back. Some of the product was delivered mid-March and the installation process began March 30. The subcontractors installed 2 sliding glass doors improperly (they have failed inspection) and left 3 inch gaps in our stucco surrounding the sliders. The subcontractors also installed a large bay window which they either cracked the frame of while installing or installed a damaged product. Because Lowe's is the permit runner, Lowe's is responsible for contacting the inspector to do a partial inspection in order to move forward with finishing this project--Lowe's never did. I was told repeatedly that because of the way the permit is written, they could not have a partial inspection completed.

Finally, after a month of exposed stucco and improperly installed product, I spoke with my municipality personally. The inspector was at our home in less than 24 hours. Lowe's NEVER even tried to help with this part of the process and LIED over the phone. Following the inspection, I was the one left responsible for getting the inspection report to the subcontractors because apparently Lowe's doesn't care at all about their customers. Now the subcontractors are dragging their feet to come fix the damages and failed items. This is not a supply issue now, this is negligence. Lowe's cannot tell us when the rest of our product will arrive or when we will have the damages repaired. We are looking into any and all legal options at this point to remedy the situation. DO NOT HIRE LOWE'S FOR WINDOW AND DOOR INSTALLATION.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information