2. Homeowners

BOCA Walk-in Tubs

BOCA Walk-in Tubs
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.93/5

BOCA manufactures customized walk-in tubs that come in seven different sizes, two different colors and three different finishes. Tubs are frameless and have a step-in threshold of 2 inches or lower. BOCA walk-in tubs are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty on all parts and components. The company has been building walk-in tubs for over 10 years and has installed over 5,000 tubs.

BOTTOM LINE

BOCA specializes in offering frameless walk-in tubs, with most models having a 2-inch step in. BOCA’s walk-in tubs are custom-made and come with features like water- and hydro-therapy.

PROS
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Made of high-quality fiberglass
  • Multiple tub sizes available
  • Frameless walk-in tubs
CONS
  • Limited availability
  • Works through tub dealers

Top BOCA Walk-in Tubs Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOCA MFG?

Bathing Safety's tubs by BOCA have the features that I look for at less cost. I also had a good experience talking to their sales reps… Since the installation, my husband's dry, scaly skin has really improved… I have feet and leg problems... I'd tell people to get a BOCA tub.

BOCA Walk-in Tubs Get Started

What are BOCA walk-in tubs?

BOCA walk-in tubs are designed to help users age in place and bathe safely and comfortably. BOCA manufactures its walk-in tubs in Georgia according to each customer’s preferences for size, color and finish. BOCA walk-in tubs come in seven different sizes, two different colors and three different finishes.

Each tub is built with a marine-grade gelcoat/fiberglass material, has a step-in threshold of 2 inches or less and comes with numerous features, like a leakproof door and anti-scald technology.

BOCA walk-in tub features

BOCA walk-in tubs stand out because of their low step-in threshold, which is 2 inches or less. This feature is possible because of the tub’s frameless design, according to the company. Other safety features on BOCA walk-in tubs include slip-resistant flooring and seating, grab bars, a locking door, an overflow drain and anti-scald technology.

Other standard features on BOCA walk-in tubs include mold and mildew resistance, left- or right-hand entry, fast fill time, a head pillow and a seat cushion. Upgrades, like air jets, light therapy, aromatherapy, heated rests, a massage system, a sound system and a cleaning system, are available. All BOCA walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on all components and parts.

BOCA walk-in tub costs

BOCA does not display prices on its website. The price of a BOCA walk-in tub depends on the level of customization. An average cost for a tub and installation is about $5,000. If you choose a tub from BOCA with lots of extra features or your home requires significant plumbing or electrical work to accommodate the tub’s installation, the price will likely be higher. BOCA provides free quotes for walk-in tubs.

BOCA walk-in tubs FAQ

Does BOCA offer multiple walk-in tub sizes?
Yes, BOCA makes walk-in tubs in multiple sizes. There are seven sizes available: petite narrow, petite short, standard, wide, deep soaker, two-seater and wide/deep.
Do BOCA walk-in tubs have a warranty?
Yes, all BOCA walk-in tubs have a lifetime warranty. This includes coverage on all parts and components.
Does BOCA charge for installation?
BOCA walk-in tubs partners with walk-in tub dealers to sell its tubs, so installation costs vary based on the dealer you work with.

Are BOCA walk-in tubs good?

BOCA walk-in tubs are a strong choice for safety, given their 2-inch step-in threshold and the long list of features to keep users from falling. They also come with a lifetime warranty on parts and components, which isn’t standard across the industry. The company gives customers many ways to customize a tub, including the choice of size, color and upgrades. This may, however, lead to longer build times and higher costs.

BOCA Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOCA Walk-in Tubs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOCA MFG?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Bathing Safety's installation team was very good. They got the tub installed in four to five hours and it looked good after they left. However, we had to install a bigger water heater as I couldn't use it at all during the first week as we didn't have enough hot water. Still, I've been using the tub two to three times a week since and I've found that everything feels good about it.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Bathing Safety's sales reps were very knowledgeable about the tub. The installers were great and very competent. My favorite feature of the tub has been the things that spurt out the water to your feet and your back. I have neuropathy and it's easier to get in and out of the tub. However, I had to call someone to check on the part that clamps down to keep the water in because we have been having a little problem with that. But, other than that, it has been fine.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I went online looking for walk-in tubs and got a list of the main ones. Bathing Safety had a very high star rating. A veteran mentioned them and I thought to give them a try and read the reviews. A man, who we think is the owner, talked to us over the phone and he was very good, then we did everything over the phone. The installation team was great and very pleasant to have worked here. They explained everything in detail and left their phone numbers so if we would have any problems at all, we could call them and they would be right back. I like that the water in the tub is deep and I can soak in it. It's also more convenient for my husband. He can't get around very well and getting in and out of a tub was dangerous for him so Bathing Safety made things easier. He's more comfortable. I already recommended it to others.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Bathing Safety works good and we like all of its features. My wife and I both used it so far, so it's what we expected. It offered certain things that the other companies didn't have. The rep we spoke with was a nice guy. The installers were great too and we had a couple of good laughs with them. They showed us how everything worked, but we had a major problem. One of the buttons for the heating of the seat didn't work so we had to call on it. They said they were gonna send me another one that I could have replaced myself. It was a good thing that that didn't happen because they said they were sending somebody else out when I called.

A guy came in with another guy. We thought it was just a button thing, and the guy went to change that but apparently, it wasn't. It was the mechanism that was attached to it. It was like a transformer that was underneath. They had to take the front panels apart again, take it out and replace it, put a new button in and rewire the whole thing and it was fine after that. It seems like even in itself that it hooks up to wasn't working. I guess maybe it was a manufacturer's defect or something.

The only thing I'm gonna have to question on is about the payment thing. They gave us five months of deferred payments. I calculated the five months and paid that in full. Then I did the same thing with the second payment I just made. So, by the time the five months are up, I figured if I make this payment the same five months all the way across the board, I'll have a good part of it paid off. I'll have to find out if they made changes on the payments because of the way I'm paying it. They say I can pay $100 and something, I figured by the time I pay that, it's gonna be the six months. Forget about it, I'll only be paying $500. I want to try to do it that way as I want to try to knock the payments down as fast as I can.

I also had a couple of ideas that might shorten up the time of installing and I made a suggestion to both crews that were here, but I don't know if they'll pass it on to anybody. There's gotta be easier ways to do things sometimes to save time and money. It's up to the company if they want to call me and I could explain it to them better. Overall, I would recommend Bathing Safety to others.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I have a 97-year-old mother and she can't get into our other tub. There were a couple of other tub companies that I talked to before I called Boca. When I did, I really like Anna, the rep whom I talked to. It was really a pleasure dealing with her. She seemed really down-to-earth while the others seemed like real salespeople. She was really helpful and so non-pushy. Also, if she said she was gonna call a certain time, she called at that time.

The installation team was a husband and wife combo. They were really cool and they seemed to do a very good job. They did everything they said they were going to do and cleaned up very well. My mom really loves the Bathing Safety tub. She can sit in there, relax, have a drink, read a book and not have to worry about getting everything wet. She gets excited to go in and get a bath.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I had done a lot of research and we dealt with a couple of walk-in bathtub companies but nobody was willing to talk to us on the phone without sending somebody to the house first and doing the whole slide presentation. I was scouring the internet and found Bathing Safety. Allen of Bathing Safety clearly knew a lot of what I was looking for by then. He sent me lots of information online and he was available to me 24/7. I called him at 9 o'clock at night and he got back to me because he understood time was of the essence with my dad.

He was just there and was helpful. He didn't try to sell me things that I didn't need and wasn't strong ramming me at all. It happened really fast and it was pleasant because with the other ones, they have to sit there with their little slide show, explain everything to me and say that if I buy today, it's this much off. If I buy in a week, it's this much off and if I buy in a month, it's this much off. With Allen, there was one price. He was really good and I loved working with him.

I liked that Bathing Safety has their own installers so if I had any problems, I would still just deal with one person. Mark of their installation team was wonderful and hardworking. He was very professional but also very engaging. He talked to Dad, which was always nice, because my dad is 95. He made him part of the process. He did the installation in a day and a half. He left the place looking better than when he got here because he had to take a part of the frame up to get in the door. After installation, I had to call him a couple of times because I had questions and he got right back to me and answered me any time.

I like the comfort and the safety that the walk-in tub gives to my dad. He has chronic back issues and I don't have to worry about him getting stuck in the tub. He also feels better because he has enjoyable bath and his back is re-energized when he gets out of it. The bubbles really help his back. I would highly recommend Bathing Safety.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I had looked at the walk-in tubs for quite a while and I was unable to find exactly what I wanted. Worse, I wanted a particular color and the companies that I had checked with wouldn't even ask the manufacturers if they would do it. It would be one thing if they asked and came back and said no, but not even that. However, TheraTub made the color and they matched it perfectly. All of the tubs have the same features, but TheraTub is made in the USA. The parts are not from China, while some of the other ones are actually made in China. Also their sales rep was excellent. When she didn't know an answer, she went to the installer and asked.

The installation team left some stuff in the garage for us to take to the dump, but other than that they cleaned up well. I love the tub and I can get in and out of it easily. However, make sure to look at one that is big enough. I wish I had gone with a standard size 60-inch bathtub, but I cut it down a little smaller, thinking I'm gonna fit in it. I could enjoy it much more if it was a little larger.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My husband has neuropathy and couldn't get around that much. He did some research on the computer and I had very extensive conversations with a lady. I realized that there was only a two-inch step-up in a particular Bathing Safety tub, which would be my husband's better choice compared to other tubs. We were also told that the building part of it is much stronger than the other tubs. Them being local and them building the tubs themselves makes a difference as well.

Everything looked wonderful with the installation. The tub was very nicely put together. They did their job very well and didn't them take that long. The tub is very convenient and we like having something that my husband could sit down in and just bathe himself. I was having to do most of that in the shower so it has worked out very well for me too. He wanted the feel of the water and he could wash himself in places that he hadn't been able to in some time. He chose the size of the tub but mentioned he wished it was just a bit wider. I told him that if he had it wider, he might have fallen so I think everything is perfect for him because he can get up and doesn't have any way to go in either way, so he's not gonna fall. We recommend Bathing Safety to anyone interested.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The guy who sold me my Bathing Safety tub, Allen, said that he works for Veterans and the price he offered it to me for was really good. He was also very knowledgeable and friendly to work with. He was very helpful. I got the bed and the installation team who came out was very good as well. They were here for three or four hours and showed us how to use it.

However, after they installed the tub, nobody told us about the shield that goes in the corners. I didn't find out about it until when I called and asked for a recommendation for what we could do when we are using the shower and the bath since sometimes if we sit and hold the shower handle, water might come out. Their reps said that they had shields that go on the corners of the tub to prevent that. I decided to purchase those but then I didn't know of them at the time they sold the tub to me. Their reps or installation team should bring that option up. My wife is handicapped. She hasn't been able to take a bath since 10 years ago. Instead, she has just been taking showers. Now, she doesn't have to step over the bathtub nor do I have to lift her up to get in it. Overall, the tub has been very good for her.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Alan with BathingSafety was honest with what was needed and what is not necessary. While he was willing to order the items other companies try to sell you for a big fee, he advised what was needed. He gave me a cost over the phone that was over $4000 cheaper than the nearest competition. The estimate Was The actual. The installation team was on time and started to work right away. The crew of 3 were efficient, and did the work in only 4.5 hours from arrival to completion. They went over how the bath works and ensured any questions I had, they answered. Super fast from ordering to fully installed in only 1 week. If I could give them 10 stars I would! Highly recommended!!

BOCA Walk-in Tubs Company Information