toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are glad you are pleased with your purchase!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

Bathing Safety was the best choice for me. I like the price and the way their products were manufactured made. I'm a veteran and I trusted them because they're veteran-owned. They are the only company I knew that allowed me to visit the manufacturer to see how products were made. The manufacturer educated me about the walk-in bathtubs, explained how they started, and the different types they manufactured. The installation team showed up promptly and on time. They answered any questions I had while they were doing the installation.

I like the easy accessibility of the walk-in tub because I'm prone to falls. Before, I would have to take a shower bath with the aid of my wife but with the walk-in tub, I'm able to do it myself again and safely. It helped me out a whole lot since I could sit down and do everything that I need to do. It's easier for me and it freed me up as my wife had forbidden me to do it on my own due to my falling out of the tub three times. It's been life changing.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for the kind words. We enjoyed working with you and your mother any way we could to make sure she was happy and most of all her safety needs were addressed.

Alan

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

Five stars does not adequately reflect the level of customer service and quality I received during the sale and installation of a walk in tub for my 82 year old mother. If I could give 10 stars, I would. My mother initially contacted a company advertising walk in tubs on television. She lives in SC and I am in Virginia so I was unable to attend the presentation in person. However I listened in over the phone. The sales person quoted a price of almost $18,000 for a tub and offered a 112 month payment plan. Because the bathroom was really small, he also was in favor of putting the tub in the walk-in closet just to make a sale. When I basically told him that he was out of his mind, he became offended and said that was why he didn't like to do presentations when everyone was not there in person.

After this, I researched companies online and found Bathing Safety on the ConsumerAffairs website. I contacted Alan and he sounded too good to be true. He mentioned that he was retired from both the military and a private company and he was in business to really help people. He also said that I would not find a better price. I contacted several companies and none compared with the price or customer service. The representative for one company made an appointment and never showed up. In fact he didn't even respond to my voice message about the missed appointment.

Deciding on Alan's company was the best decision we could have made. Not only was his price less than 1/2 of the first company's quote, the installers also tore out the original shower and linen closet to fit the tub. The installers were on time and completed the job within 5 hours even with all the additional work. A major snafu was the cashier's check for the tub was sent via 2 day priority mail. You guessed it. It was lost by the postal service and I found out something I didn't know. The bank does not just put a stop payment on a cashier's check and return the money. You have to wait 90-180 days to get the money back. Alan continued to reassure me by saying, "Don't worry. We are going to get Mama's tub in" and they did!!! The check did not show up until AFTER the tub was installed. When Alan said that he was in the business to help people, he really meant it!!! I wholeheartedly recommend Bathing Safety, Alan and Ron, the installer.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for the kind words. We go out of our way to ensure 100% satisfaction. If there is anything we can do in the future, please feel free to call us at anytime.
Enjoy!!!

Alan

Original review: May 21, 2015

I recently purchased a Boca Bath tub from Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs. The sales rep was awesome and the guys that came in to install were fantastic and very professional. I highly recommend all of them and in fact, I told my boss that Boca was by far superior and the installation just affirms it. They're a very good expert and it was excellent. I first heard about them from Consumer Reports and Boca was listed as number one. I couldn't find one negative review for Boca's tub as I went to a lot of different sites. Overall, I had a positive experience. They went above and beyond and they were really nice and I will be going out of my way to tell people that Boca is where you wanna go. On top of all that, the tub was cheaper and it's got more features.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Jo, thank you for your feedback. We will reach out to your dealer to have someone contact you regarding the air jets on your tub. We are happy to hear that you enjoy using your walk in tub!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I was interested that Bathing Safety products are made in the United States and that there was a local person who would do the maintenance on it. It also had a 30-year warranty that could be transferred to another buyer. The people that I dealt with were from California. The sales person was very knowledgeable and extremely low-key, there was no pressure at all. I like that about him. He came and did exactly what he said he was gonna do at the time he said he's gonna do it. That part was very important. Furthermore the guy that did the installation and the man that works with him worked really hard. It took longer than they told me it was gonna be but I think they were working hard all along.

I used to be a buyer so I was very careful making sure that I knew exactly when and by what time they were gonna finish installing the bath tub. They did make that deadline but not for my sister's case. However I haven't figured out how to use the bubbles that come with the air jets. It doesn't seem to be intuitive and there's no directions with it. They're either on full blast or otherwise. The water bubbles work just fine though, so I guess I just need some assistance on this matter.

I'm a person that has a great deal of problems health-wise and I like being able to get in and out of the tub safely. I also like a big tub because I can get further down into it. This tub from Bathing Safety though allows me to have that option between the two. I have had no trouble getting in and out of my previous tub except for when I have flare ups. During those times, I just wouldn't get in the tub. Now I can get in even when there are flare ups because there is no problem with getting into the walk-in tub. I'd recommend Bathing Safety since they were very nice people who did what they said they're gonna do.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are pleased to hear you had a great experience with us! Thank You

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I was able to reach a representative of the different brands of walk-in tubs to ask some questions. I had someone that I could talk to, rather than someone coming to my home. Among the questions I had were these -- Which is the best one among the walk-in tubs? Which tub has the lowest threshold and price, and the least issues concerning installation and retrofitting? Which is the best manufacturer brand whose product is made in the United States rather than in a foreign country?

Bathing Safety had a lot of information on their website and I had an excellent experience with them. Moreover, my conversations and communication with their sales representative were tremendous. It was very easy to talk to him, get information, and find out details, including information on payments for the tub. He made the details very simple and easy to understand, and I was able to gather the information to make a decision very quickly. It was terrific with Bathing Safety all the way through installation. Mark, the installer here in California, was able to do all of the retrofitting at the same time that my wife was being hospitalized for an infection of her leg. He was able to work around our issue here in my home and yet he completed the project within one and a half days.

The features of the Bathing Safety tub were all excellent. However, my favorite feature was the lowest threshold of two inches. The other tubs’ thresholds were higher than that. At first, I thought that the water would leak out but it didn't. Everything was fine. Meanwhile, from the time I had the tub installed until today, I've had the bathroom around the tub remodeled because I wanted it done before my wife came home. She's still in the post-hospitalization rehabilitation facility. So, I had all of the fixtures and safety features on the tub and around the tub also placed in the bathroom so that it was one complete, safe bathroom for her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs (Made by BOCA Walk In Tub)?

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your tub purchase.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

A Bathing Safety installer was doing work for my neighbor who was then satisfied with the work that was done. Then George, the salesman, was nice and excellent when he came over our house. It's his stuff he's putting in like the Boca tub and he does the installation work, too. I like the jets and the covered lights in the water described as phototherapy. I'm really happy with the end results. It's totally relaxing from my waist down. I'm satisfied with the product.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are so happy to hear that the tub is helping your wife! We hope she has a quick recovery, and that she continues to get better, and enjoys her walk in tub!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

My wife just had surgery on her knees and hip, and we wanted to buy a walk-in tub. I researched on the internet and found out that Consumer Reports said Bathing Safety's tub was about the best, so that's what we went with. The people there were all very helpful and I couldn't ask for anything better. The sales reps were very friendly. The two guys who came to put in the tub drove all the way from Florida and installed the tub in about three hours, where it normally takes a day. But we had the bathroom stripped out, so we saved them a lot of time. The installers did an excellent job.

I like everything about our walk-in tub. I like its height, which is just a couple of inches. The jets are real good and very powerful. I've only used it once, but I loved it. My wife is going through therapy right now, three days a week, and the tub is helping her a lot. We found the best tub.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for your feedback! We hope you continue to enjoy your tub, and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

My experience with Bathing Safety has been great. Everything worked out fine. I found them online as I was doing some research. They came out and they ranked number one. Bathing Safety reps were straightforward, gave me the price and said they would install it, but if I wanted to get somebody else I could. I like the fact that they were willing to provide names of people who had installed the tub. They gave me people in Indiana, not far from where we live, I called them and checked on the references, and they were good. They came in and in four hours they had taken out the old tub which was big and what they call a garden tub. They tore that out, cleaned it up, hauled everything away, put in the new tub, tested it and showed us how to use everything.

My wife in a wheelchair is the one who use the tub but she’s not crazy about the air jets. I think they’re great, although I haven’t personally sat in it and used it. But it’s easy to operate and everything works fine. Before, we had to maneuver in and out of a shower stall and my wife felt uncomfortable with that. But this is much safer. She doesn’t have any aches and pains that some people have.

Bathing Safety was right on the mark as far as getting the work done, the price and they were good with their follow-up work. I’d call them and they fax or email information to me. They’re fairly expensive to put in and it was one of the things where I had to put a 50% down payment on it. This company doesn’t have local distributors and so, it made me a little bit leery, but everything that they said has held out and they fell through. They did the right job.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are pleased to hear that you are happy and we are glad we were able to provide you with a bathtub that meets your needs! Thank You!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I needed a whirlpool for my legs which was the main reason for getting a Bathing Safety walk-in tub. Also, the price and the way it looked matters as well. Their sales rep came to the house and measured it, then came out and installed it. It was a good experience and I'm happy I got it. It's a really good investment.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We appreciate your feedback! We hope you are enjoying your walk in tub, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

For years, I've been seeing pictures of Bathing Safety's tubs in the magazines thinking that they would be good. However, I was not paying much attention to it until I had some problems as I got older - I'm not very well-balanced and there are things that I have to be careful of. Using the regular bathtub in the recent months has become a real circus act, so I never knew when I was gonna go for a break or not. We know a person in our community who fell in his tub and broke his leg. That's the worst thing that can happen to older people since they don't know what it's gonna do to them if they fall and hurt themselves. It can do something minor but it can also make your life a really hard thing.

So, I got a tub from Bath Safety. Their sales and installation teams are very quick, competent, and have a good sense of humor. I love my tub, it's the only thing that really soothes my arthritic problems. There's plenty of hot water and it's easy to reach the controls. There are three buttons that one can push for various things and I know what the first two are. I still do not know what the third one is though because I can't find my paperwork. I'm afraid to press it because I don't know what might happen. Other than that, I also feel really secure getting in and out of the tub.

I would definitely recommend Bath Safety to a friend but I would have to throw in that the cost is really a burden. Most of us who need the tub are people who don't have any more income. But it seems to me, from what little I know of the mechanism, that somebody has done a really good job of designing something that if we can possibly pay for it, it's worth it. It costs a lot of money but I am getting a lot out of it.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I saw Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs in the phonebook and I have driven by where the store used to be many times. Their sales rep came out and was very helpful. He explained and went over everything. It was fine with their installers too. I like the fact that my husband can get in the walk-in tub, take a bath instead of a shower and not worry about him falling. I'm feeling safer.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are please to hear that you are happy and we are glad we were able to provide you with a bathtub that meets your needs! Thank You!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I bought my new tub from Bathing Safety. And when I talked to the sales rep, it didn't take me two minutes to say, "Come on over and look at my bathroom. Make sure we can get it in there." Their price was so good so we bought it. Weeks later, they came over and installed the tub. The installers were excellent and fantastic. We just started using the new tub last Friday and I love it. I will be 78 years old, with a lot of arthritis, so I like to sit down in it for 20 minutes with the massage and everything. I also have the shower. The tub is very nice and comfortable.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for your positive feedback! We greatly appreciate your business

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I checked on a website for walk-in tubs and found that Bathing Safety's reviews seem very practical and told some things that resonated to me pretty well. I spoke to Ron and he seems very easy to approach and very patient with responding to any questions I asked. He gave a little more of detail why he thinks that something is useful or not. The lady in the office was good at responding via text messages very promptly and very helpful in coordinating the shipment. She wanted to make sure things were in the right order. Also, the installation guy is fantastic and has such a high standard of work ethic. He worked very hard and was very proud of his work. He was not rushed in getting things done and came back the next day just to touch up and finish the rest.

I called the other companies too, and it was hard to reach them or they had to have somebody come. They didn’t want to tell the price until they see the area which makes it more difficult for me. On the other hand, Bathing Safety is ready to let you know the price. There’s no hidden cost and they’re very frank. They say it’s going to cost maybe $70 more if I want to add another feature, so it’s very clear for me to make a choice. That's the best way of approaching, to be able to inform clearly and exactly what people are going to be getting.

I was happy for what they asked, even though the installation cost a little more because we have iron cast for the tub and it’s very hard to take them apart. Also they didn’t ask for more money. Once they say that it's $2000 for installation, they keep their word. The best feature of the Bathing Safety tub is the lower aspect for walking. Our tub is very low as I need it for my husband to walk in and my husband is using it all the time. Overall I had a very good experience and I was happy with my choices.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for the feedback! We are happy to have helped you, and are here if you need any further assistance or have any future questions :)

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I work in Aging Services and that is where I heard about Bathing Bathtubs. I found that the tubs of other companies were not as good as Bathing Safety's from speaking with reps from other companies. Also, we were able to visit the Boca plant where the walk-in tubs were made. The owner helped us and it went great. The installers came in every appointment that was made. So far the tub itself is installed (we have the water, the air and the lights) and is already usable but we’re remodeling the entire bathroom. We're doing it for my 93-year-old mother who we're preparing to move into our home. I’m sure it will be an enhancement to her life. Bathing Safety met our expectations and exceeded it in most ways.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your walk in tub! If we can be of any further assistance to you, please feel free to reach out to us again. Thank You!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I was doing some research a couple of years ago and decided that the Bathing Safety tub was the one I liked the best. I was talking to a dealer in Michigan who told me that those were manufactured in Georgia. I looked up the walk-in tubs and had found they were manufactured close by where I lived. Then my wife and I looked at them at the factory and compare them. We talked about it and decided to put one in. The tub we purchased had a low step-in door and wider door entry.

It was an easy and very nice installation. They had to cut the old bathtub out and get it out of the way, and they did it in an efficient manner. The installers made a lot of noise which was expected in putting it in and placing it but they cleaned up really well as they left. The air and the water jets are some of the its nicest features for me, other than the low step-in. My wife, my mother-in-law and my grandson loves the tub. My mother-in-law feels more relaxed since having it and my grandson, who works long hours at night, really enjoys taking one in the tub and then going on to bed when he gets in from work in the morning.

The people at Walk-in Tubs were very professional in the way they handled business and were outstanding in giving information on how it was built, its structure, features, the options that came with it, and what we could get and not get if we didn't want to. I'd definitely recommend Bathing Safety.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are happy to hear how well your walk in tub is working out for you! Thanks for your review!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

We bought a walk-in tub from Boca because it was veteran-owned and because of its product's quality. The tub is my mother's-- for the safety and the ease of using it. The sales agent was very nice, personable, patient, tolerant and knowledgeable. I had 5,000 questions and called him back numerous times because I kept on having more questions, and he was just extremely accommodating. He treated me as if I was the only client. The prices and service were on target. He educated the installer because we wanted to have our own. He made it very easy for me, which was definitely the Ritz-Carlton of buying a bathtub if that's possible. Since using it, my mother has regained a lot of her independence which is the overall goal.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We appreciate your review and it was a pleasure doing business with you!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

When I looked up all the different walk-in tubs online, I found that Bathing Safety had a lot of better points than the others. It's wonderful that the owner came here. The installation team was terrific and fast. They were nice and they cleaned up really good. Everything is great. The walk-in tub is even better than the really deep soaking tub in my bathroom and my exercise spa on the porch which also has jets. The tub helps with my arthritis and makes me feel good. It really exfoliates and that's a really good feature. Bathing Safety is the most marvelous thing. It's not just for old people, it's for everybody.

We appreciate your input

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

The Bathing Safety tub looked like it had all the features we needed. We dealt with the sales representative in Kansas City over the phone, and that was very good. They shipped the tub and we arranged for some people to be here to install it. We're grateful that we can get in and out of the tub so easily. Our only dislike is it takes about four minutes to fill it up to the level we use and then about four minutes also to empty it, so this takes a while and extends the time we're taking in the tub, but there's nothing that can be done about it. I would recommend the walk-in tub to someone in the market for a tub. It's a good, well-made piece of equipment.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are happy to have helped you and thank you for your purchase!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The Boca walk-in tub seemed like it was a good quality tub and the pricing was a big deal too. The sales rep was also informative. We installed it ourselves and it wasn't bad. So far, it's been a great experience and the walk-in tub helps. I also like that part where it blows out the water and it dries out the pumps at the end. It's a good feature.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for your review, and let us know if we can assist you any further!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

After reading the comments of people that had already bought Boca Walk-in Tubs (I used other people’s comments and I depended on them) and when I called, I happened to get the owner (Bob), and talking to him, I decided to bring my business to them. He thought I had talked to a salesman first, which I didn’t. So the only salesman I talked to was him and then I had talked to him several times after that and I bugged him to death for the first weeks before I ordered it. He was very kind and still is. The installation team was my own contractor. I was having my bathroom gutted and in the process, he said, “I’ll just go ahead and install it.” I talked to Bob about it and he said, “Yeah, there was absolutely no reason why you couldn’t.” So he put it in. Nobody showed me how to work the bathtub, but I don’t think it takes brain surgery. There are three buttons and a faucet. I can pretty much handle that.

I have an enormous back problem and so does my husband, so we love the hydro jets feature of our tub. I’m on oxygen, so it’ll make a lot of difference physically. I had a hot tub at one time and we can’t find someplace to put one. So this is the next best thing. I didn’t have back or leg problems when we had that hot tub and that’s what I’m assuming this new tub will do, too.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for your review! We hope you continue to enjoy your walk in tub!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

We were looking around for walk-in tubs and we saw Boca over the internet. Their price was more reasonable and we liked some of their features. Then we had one of their competitors out that has been advertising on TV. This other company told us they had four and a half step-in and theirs was the smallest. We got to looked at Boca and found out that theirs was two and a half. And the other company said Boca was three inches thicker. Now, we didn’t just make up our mind one time. We checked some other stuff. We cancelled the other company and went with Boca.

The sales representative was very friendly and nice. We liked the fact that we didn’t have to talk and have anybody come to the house. He told us everything we needed to know over the phone and we purchased it over the phone, so we liked that feature. The day of delivery was what the rep said it was gonna be. The installation team did pretty good. A piece of tile came up when they took out the old tub, shower, and different things. That wasn’t put back perfectly but it's just little minute things and it wasn’t a big deal. The installation was great and perfect. They seemed to know what they’re doing.

I liked that the door faces inward versus facing outward. I thought that when you put the water in on the door facing inward, when it’s inside, the water pressure pushes against the door and helps seal it better. You have all the water in there and you’ve got that rubber seal. I also like having the automatic deal, the ozonator, and also the other things that’s built in where when you use the jets and stuff, that comes on after 20 minutes and cleans out the pipes. That’s really nice. The only problem we had was that we turned on the jets and we almost had suds outside the tub. So we figured out if someone wants to take a bath, we’ll take a bath last then do the whirlpool stuff first and then soap it down after turning it off. I’ve mostly taken stand up showers and I haven’t really used it the way I would feel more relaxed yet. I'm sure we’re gonna enjoy the tub, it’s just gonna take time. We would definitely recommend the Boca tub.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear you had a great experience. Theratub is a wonderful company!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I read online on every walk-in bathtub company I could find, called two other companies and talked to them. Their prices were higher and when you looked at their construction, it seemed cheesy so I went with TheraTub. The sales rep was very friendly, professional, and had a good sense of humor because I'm a little nutty sometimes but it was a pleasant experience dealing with her.

The installation team were super and real nice. They got there early and did it in four and a half hours. The timeline was fantastic. They also cleaned up after themselves. I was real happy. My wife got to use the tub yesterday for the first time and she's madly in love with it. She said it's like having an indoor hot tub and bathtub all combined in one. She was a lot more relaxed and she's extremely happy with it.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are pleased to hear you are having a positive experience with your walk in tub and we thank you for your review

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I have arthritis really bad in my legs and back. It's something you just learn to live with but it's getting worse. So I'm looking for things other than surgery to help me tolerate it. I also had two or three times where I slipped a little bit while getting in and out of the tub and that made me want to do something that made more sense. I haven't had the Boca Walk-in tub long enough to know for sure but so far, I can see it's going to benefit my situation and that it'll work. It's an adjustment and anything different takes me a long time.

We heard that the strength was in avoiding foreign made tubs and we had information to figure it out so we chose to purchase from them. It was a lot of money and we don't have that much to spare to make a payment. But I have to find a way to stay out of the hospital and I knew that I couldn't depend on myself to last much longer without having some kind of a problem with trying to get into the tub when nothing is working that it's supposed to with my body. Also, we live in a community with a lot of older people so it seems to me that it will be something that's a plus rather than a detriment to selling our house, if we decide to move in the future. I also realized that it is an asset when it made everything else look upscale and nice in our bathroom. I was afraid it would look too institutional but it didn't. The tub more than fit in and it worked with what was already there really well to make it all even better looking.

The sales rep and the people who were helping him were all very prompt and I could tell they knew exactly what they were doing the minute they walked in. There's enough nervousness about the whole transaction without having to worry if the person knew what he's doing. So that was a very big relief to me that there was no hesitation and it was like they've done it 100 times. The person showed me how to use the tub but for me it takes a while to get it imprinted in my brain. So that means I take it a little at a time instead of plunging in and punching any buttons I happen to see.

I haven't gotten too far with the bubbles but the little bit I've been able to figure it out myself, the more I appreciated it. I already learned that I love the water hot. I can also see that it's got lots of ways that it can be soothing and stimulating too for those muscles that are not wanting to work on my legs because it hurts too much. Since I started using it, I've already noticed the difference positively and I feel that there's a lot more. When I relax about it more, then it'll be just what I needed. What happened so far has given me encouragement and I would recommend it.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We could add heated coils to the top of the seat. You would need to pay for the materials, as well as labor. It is possible that you would need to upgrade the component box depending on which you have. It is not possible to add heated coils to the seat after it is installed.

Please let us know if we can further assist you with this. Thank You

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

My wife had a stroke and I was looking for a walk-in tub. I got on the internet and saw the ad from a vet in Oklahoma. Since I'm a 24-year Navy veteran, that got my attention and I thought I'll do business with him. I talked to the sales rep mostly through email and a couple of times on the phone. I guess he owned the company somewhere down in Oklahoma. I got Boca because of the price and all of the features. I did the installation as I do all my own work, and it was a little more difficult than a lot of houses are. We live in a century home and the bathroom door is very narrow. There are walls going down both sides, and I had to cut a piece of the door frame out so that it would slide through. It was no big deal. It just took a little more time.

I like the tub's jets. My wife didn't want it initially, but after I put it in, she asked for a heated seat. I would like to go on and see if they would actually mold out the heating coils in the seat. If I can get heating coils and then attach it underneath the seat, I'd be interested in doing that. Anyway, we had a soaker tub, and she had a hard time getting in that because her balance is real bad. On the other hand, the Boca is only 2.50-inch step, and not as deep.

My plumber had a neighbor whom I spoke to, and he absolutely loved his Boca tub. I then researched on different tubs, and after talking to him, I decided that Boca would end up being the best one. I've only used my tub twice. The first time was when I got water all over the whole bathroom. I bent over while the jets were on, and I didn't know I wasn’t supposed to do that. One thing I would have liked is for the seat to be a little deeper because when I stretch out, I slide off it, which is a falling risk. Then, if the jets are on, I can’t bend over to wash my hair. The jets have to be turned off first, and it may be a good idea to let people know about that. The second time I used it was more relaxing. I just need to get used to all the dials and buttons, and how to sit in it properly.

Also, the water will not turn hot in the tub. I have a shower, which is a separate unit, that I have to totally turn so the water gets hot before it comes into the tub. I told them about it, and they acted like it was normal. But it was never that way when I had my Jacuzzi in there. For $7,500, that was a bit disappointing because I have to use a lot more water than I thought. They said they accidentally switched the hot and the cold, but the water will not turn hot until I get my shower hot. But it's done and I don't want to change it because I couldn't handle the stress of having somebody come back and then do it again. When they came and put the tub in, I had to hire Stanley Steemer to clean all my carpets. The men were very nice, but it's just so stressful for me to have workmen in my house. I have asthma, and the fumes from the stuff caused me to have an asthma attack after they left, I had to open all the windows.

But other than that, my Boca tub is pretty good. They gave me a cushion, which is nice, but it elevates me a bit. My feet don't hit the end of the tub because my legs aren't that long. It would be nice if instead of being at 90 degrees, it was sloped a little backward so a person can sit down in the tub. If I use the cushion that was provided, I won't slide. But if I use the cushion, it puts me up so high, the jets don't hit my back. Overall I'd recommend it, but I would forewarn people to let the Boca tub people know a bit more about what they need. It's a good idea for people to actually get in a tub to make sure they get the right fit for their body. I know Boca can customize stuff but I did everything over the phone, so I did not know how it would feel sitting in it.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We appreciate your review! We contacted your dealer with the pricing for the pump, per your request. If you do not have the price quote as of today, please contact your dealer for this and let him know if you would like to place an order for the pump. Thank You!

Original review: July 27, 2016

We're enjoying our walk-in tub from Bathing Safety like crazy. My wife and I both have knee problems and we decided that the tub would probably be good for both of us to be able to sleep better and it's worked out exactly that way. Installation was also a breeze. In just a little under three hours, our tub was installed and had water in it. They did it very quickly and professionally.

However, my wife has scoliosis and she has significant back deformity up in her upper back between her shoulders and she would appreciate a little bit more force out of the jets. I called them the other night about it and the rep said, "We might be able to swap out that pump with one that's a little more powerful and probably give you some more force out of your jets." He said, "I will look into it and call you back but I'm almost certain we can do that." So, we're anxiously awaiting that. But other than that, there are no problems and we're very happy.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We are pleased to hear you had a very positive experience!

Original review: July 22, 2016

Bathing Safety had the best price for the things that I wanted on a tub and they were very willing to deal with me over the phone and give me a price. Others insist on coming to the house and won't tell anything on the phone and then if you read the fine print, it's an astronomical amount of interest and a big down payment. Their sales rep was a great person to deal with. He gave me the price and information I needed over the phone so I could make a decision. He was very helpful. He called back and checked with me if I had made my decision yet.

I had new construction going on so I called the factory and got the name of the installer. I asked him questions about the construction to make sure that we had it right. They sent me a schematic so I could have my plumber know where things needed to go. He was very, very helpful. He did a very good job and I'm very happy with him. Furthermore, Bathing Safety allowed me to purchase and finish my construction before I get the tub. It was really nice that they held the tub for me until I finished my construction and was able to put it in. So far, I enjoy the tub and it is very relaxing. I like the jets the best.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 16, 2016

In 2007, my mom moved in with us. My husband wanted her to have a walk-in tub and he's the one that found Bathing Safety. And with the quality, service and the price, we decided to buy from them. The sales reps were very prompt in calling me back and trying to get the situation resolved. They're overall straight up people. I also like the fact you can just walk into the tub and it's comfortable. It's a quality tub and was an absolute blessing because my mom was in a wheelchair from which she could get out of but it was hard for her to get around. It was good to bathe her in it and she loved it.

She passed away in 2011 and I'm the one using it now. It's awesome when I get in that tub, lay back and the water's rolling around me. I found a shower head that I can put the handle on if I wanted to stand up, but finding a round shower rod like the one they use on the claw-foot tubs is very difficult. But as far as the tub itself goes, I'm glad that my husband found it and that we have it.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We appreciate your review!

Original review: July 12, 2016

Bathing Safety popped up when I was online. I made the phone call and I bought it because I didn't have to pay for it until I got it. They had very nice sales reps and the people who were here were very efficient, very nice, and knowledgeable. The walk-in tub is my mother's and with it, she has the ability to walk in, sit down, and take a bath again because she wasn’t able to do that before. She did mention, though, that the tub filled up too slowly but that has to do with the water pressure and not the tub.

Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs

We greatly appreciate your review!

Original review: July 3, 2016

I’ve talked to the man that is the manufacturer of these tubs and he’s fantastic. The sales rep Jay and the office lady by the name Erin were absolutely phenomenal and wonderful too. They answered every one of my questions. The installer was the best ever. He was very friendly, prompt, showed up on time, obviously was a professional at what he did because he did an absolutely beautiful installation.

Bathing Safety's tub was made out of fiberglass unlike most walk-in tubs which are made out of acrylic. It's a quality product from one end to the other. It's totally made in America. There are things about it that are even better quality than some of the big-name tubs like Jacuzzi and American Standard. So I’m absolutely thrilled with it. I use it everyday and would recommend Bathing Safety to anybody. The other companies that are advertising on TV are nothing but a scam to take advantage of the elderly. Because what they do is they will not give you a quote at all until they come to your home and then they high pressure you and say, “We’ll give you $1500 to $2000 off if you sign a contract today.” And the truth of the matter is their tubs are almost double the price of what I paid for mine.