4.9/5 (187 ratings)

About Boca Walk-in Tubs

Boca manufactures customized walk-in tubs that come in seven different sizes, two different colors and three different finishes. Tubs are frameless and have a step-in threshold of 2 inches or lower. Boca walk-in tubs are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty on all parts and components. The company has been building walk-in tubs for 15 years and has installed over 7,500 tubs.

Pros

• Low step-in threshold
  • Multiple tub sizes
  • Coated with marine-grade fiberglass
  • Frameless structure

Cons

• No direct support on weekends

Bottom Line

Boca specializes in frameless walk-in tubs, with most models having a 2-inch step in. Boca’s walk-in tubs are custom-made and come with features like aromatherapy and hydrotherapy. Contact the company for a free quote.

Top Boca Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boca Walk-in Tubs?

Verified

Bathing Safety's sales reps were very knowledgeable about the tub. The installers were great and very competent. My favorite feature of the tub has been the things that spurt out ...

Verified

Bathing Safety's tubs by BOCA have the features that I look for at less cost. I also had a good experience talking to their sales reps… Since the installation, my husband's dry, s...

What are Boca walk-in tubs?

Boca walk-in tubs are designed to help users age in place and bathe safely and comfortably. Boca manufactures its walk-in tubs in Georgia according to each customer’s preferences for size, color and finish. Boca walk-in tubs come in seven different sizes, two different colors and three different finishes.

Each tub is built with a marine-grade gelcoat/fiberglass material, has a step-in threshold of 2 inches or less and comes with numerous features, like a leakproof door and anti-scald technology.

Boca walk-in tub features

Boca walk-in tubs stand out because of their low step-in threshold, which is 2 inches or less. This feature is possible because of the tub’s frameless design, according to the company. Other safety features on Boca walk-in tubs include slip-resistant flooring and seating, grab bars, a locking door, an overflow drain and anti-scald technology.

Other standard features on Boca walk-in tubs include mold and mildew resistance, left- or right-hand entry, fast fill time, a head pillow and a seat cushion. Upgrades, like air jets, light therapy, aromatherapy, heated rests, a massage system, a sound system and a cleaning system, are available. All Boca walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on all components and parts.

Boca walk-in tub costs

Boca does not display prices on its website. The price of a Boca walk-in tub depends on the level of customization. If you choose a tub from Boca with lots of extra features or your home requires significant plumbing or electrical work to accommodate the tub’s installation, the price will likely be higher. Boca provides free quotes for walk-in tubs.

Boca walk-in tubs FAQ

Does Boca offer multiple walk-in tub sizes?

Yes, Boca makes walk-in tubs in multiple sizes. There are seven sizes available: petite narrow, petite short, standard, wide, deep soaker, two-seater and wide/deep.

Do Boca walk-in tubs have a warranty?

Yes, all Boca walk-in tubs have a lifetime warranty. This includes coverage on all parts and components.

Does Boca charge for installation?

Boca walk-in tubs partners with walk-in tub dealers to sell its tubs, so installation costs vary based on the dealer you work with.

Are Boca walk-in tubs good?

Boca walk-in tubs are a strong choice for safety, given their 2-inch step-in threshold and the long list of features to keep users from falling. They also come with a lifetime warranty on parts and components, which isn’t standard across the industry. The company gives customers many ways to customize a tub, including the choice of size, color and upgrades. This may, however, lead to longer build times and higher costs.

Boca Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boca Walk-in Tubs?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

So many of the other tubs had a four to five-inch step to get in but the Boca tub only had an inch and a half or two and I liked that. Also, I liked the options that it had, as far as jets and water, and that it drained quickly. The people that came out and installed the tub were absolutely amazing. They tore the old tub out and installed the new tub flawlessly. They did beautiful work and they were done in a couple hours. They were very cordial and hospitable. I was very impressed and the tub looks great.

The tub I got has the heated seat and the aroma therapy oil. It has a little thermostat installed inside where I can see what the water temperature is. There's only one downfall to the tub and it's the amount of time it takes to fill. We're looking at see if we can install something in our home that would increase the water flow because it takes probably about 20 minutes to fill the tub. Other than that, it's amazing and I love it. The safety for my elderly mother is very comforting and my whole family enjoys it. I flaunt it to everybody.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I needed a walk-in tub for therapeutic purposes, and I had been recommended by my doctor two years ago to get one. I went online, did a search, and what I thought was the most important at the time was that it was American made. After I had done a little research, I was convinced that even though Boca Walk-in Tubs was in Georgia and there weren't any service departments around here, that they would be very responsive to any problems I might have. Since that time, when the tub was installed, I had a conversation with the installers and learned that they are very giving to the retired vet community. That made me feel good, since my husband was a retired Air Force colonel. I felt like I was giving my money to the right company. Also, the installers did the demo and the install within 24 hours, and I like the micro bubbles feature of the tub.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you very much for the kind words. We pride ourselves on being American made and try to do our part to help wherever we can. While we are headquartered in Georgia, we have contacts with dealers and installers throughout the country and will always work hard to provide the fastest service possible to our customers, wherever they may be.

Original review: May 16, 2022

The salesman from Boca, Mike, was a very nice and personable young man but the tub was supposed to be put in before Thanksgiving and they had a problem that day. They had an installation with a disabled veteran. December rolled around and they said they couldn't find my tub. Then, they said my tub was in Philadelphia. It’s not that it's huge. Then they had shipping problems and I understand that.

Then, when they went to install the tub, we were told they had to remove a portion of the doorway to get into the bathroom and it turned out they had to take the doorway down to the frame to get into the bathroom. They couldn't get into it easily. Also, they were told they didn't have to remove the toilet and they had to remove the toilet. We also had some wall damage to the hallway wall and Mike said the company would give us reimbursement for that. Our painter gave them an estimate of $375 to fix it. We had to keep reminding Mike about it and we finally got the check last week after we called him several times. It was aggravating. It was one thing after another. The only saving grace is that I like the tub. Also, I had no problem with the installer. He was a wonderful and hardworking kid.

Original review: May 15, 2022

We loved the installer. He was a really nice man and we got to know about his life in service. Also, I'm glad I have the tub in my life. What I usually do in the mornings is just get in the walk-in, use the sprayer, wash my hair and my body and get out. I only do the full baths with the bubbles twice a month. It's very expensive here, but when I do it that way, it relaxes me. I have one issue though. When I get out of the tub, the tub is empty, but the bubble or the water comes on on its own. I have to try and turn it off, but sometimes I can't get it off, so I have to go around and hit the reset. It was weird, and it's happened several times since I've had it. Apart from that, I like all of the features of our Boca tub and we have been telling people about it. We have not had a bad experience with our tub, and we're very pleased.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

It sounds like you may be hearing the purge system or ozonator activating following your bath. These are designed to dry and sterilized the air and water jet lines. If you are still concerned, please feel free to contact the Boca service department at 1-800-903-8095. If you call between 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. (Eastern time) on business days, you will be able to get live support over the phone from someone at our office in Woodstock, Ga.

Original review: May 14, 2022

When my Boca tub was first installed, I had some problems. One of the fittings wasn't tight and it flooded underneath the house. The installers were good people. I was just really surprised that that one fitting came loose. It was a man and his wife. They work really hard while they were here and he actually put in a water heater for me as well. I paid him separately for it, but my water heater was not big enough for the tub, so he had to put a new water heater in for me.

As far as the tub, it's kind of small but I do like that I have so much control over the water volume. I can turn the shower up and down as I need to. That's a lot easier than using a regular shower. It's good quality. I make sure that I get it wiped down all the time to make sure it stays clean. The installers just had to take quite a bit of my floor out. So, I had to get under the floor and put some more posts to hold my floor up. It was an inconvenience, but I guess it was needed or he wouldn't have taken out that much of the flooring. I have an older house, so I had regular boards.

Also, the seat is square and if you want to lay down far enough to get your shoulders under the water in the tub, that thing hits you right in the middle of your back. They need to round that thing off some. I can get down and get my shoulders underwater so the bubbles will get to me, but it is hard on the center of my back and it would be a lot easier if it cut off a little of the front of that thing and round it off better.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I was shopping around for a walk-in bath that has two seats and Boca was the only one that said that they had it. The rep was very knowledgeable and helpful. I was a little aghast at the price but I have no information about how much it really cost. I thought to myself, I could buy a car for that. The installers were very helpful and peaceful. They were nice people and they kept cleaning up as they did things.

I really like my walk-in bath. The only thing I don't like is the shower. It's such a reduced flow and there isn't enough water coming to the showerhead. I'm tempted to replace the showerhead. Also, they furnished seats for the unit but the seat covers didn't fit the seats. They stuck out about two inches in front so it did not feel secure for me. The headrest doesn't work because there isn't enough room on either side for the headrest to sit because the seat is narrow. You can't slide forward at all. That asidem Boca was really good at putting in the unit and I appreciated that.

Original review: July 24, 2022

The installers were very good, knowledgeable and easy to get along with. They did a nice job. I got a jacuzzi and everything that Boca said it would do, it does. It has some other minor jets that work well with the feet and the calves of your legs. The soaking in the water is an excellent way to help your skin, especially women's skin. Most men don't care about it but it's an overall way of rejuvenating your body. I've only been in a tub once. I bought it for my wife and I've noticed the change in her.

Original review: July 17, 2022

We're very satisfied with Boca. Cloud 9 Tubs installed the walk-in and the rep was very informative. He also included everything in the tub whereas the other two companies I spoke with were very high-priced and they were not accommodating. The tub has been very helpful. I love it and my husband likes it as well. The price was fair. I would do it again if I moved and needed another one.

Original review: July 9, 2022

The representative that we talked to was very good explaining the product and it has a lifetime warranty. It matches all the other competitors quite well. The installation went very well. They did it in a day, which was very good. The installers have done a number of them so they’re very professional. When the product was installed, it looked like it was made to order precisely to fit in there. The quality of the tub is as good as any of the others. It's very sturdy and sound, and I have no concern with it. One of the things that made us lean towards them is the way that it's made, the construction in the US and the material that they use is very good. It has a thick gel coat on it and the finish on it is very nice. It was a very good experience with Boca.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I love Boca's price. The installers were very nice and efficient. They did a great job taking the frames off of two doors and putting them back on. I had the blower go out on the tub and they came to replace it.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

We are very glad that you are enjoying your tub. By sourcing our materials almost exclusively in the United States and assembling all tubs at our headquarters in Woodstock, Ga. we are able to ensure quality in every tub while minimizing production costs and keeping prices low for our customers. We also pride ourselves in finding dependable installers all around the country to provide service with minimal wait times.

Boca Walk-in Tubs Company Information