Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 3 stars8
  • 2 stars5
  • 1 stars3

independenthome.comproducts

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

As an educated consumer I have been accused of being obsessive about "doing my research". The fact that this purchase of a walk-in tub was for my mom made me be even more diligent. That's when I came across Independent Home online. From my initial call with Ari I felt at ease with his concern and desire to accommodate us with whatever we would need. He visited her home and I must say that this is where he belongs... In your home.

As a nurse I am sensitive to the fact that those in the "home care" world must have empathy... He listened intently to the details of mom's latest fall. He picked up right away on my anxiety given the fact that I live out of town and am trying to do whatever I can to make her home as safe as possible. His calm, caring demeanor allowed me to be able to hear all the information he was sharing with me. After a few minutes with his tape measure he laid out a plan for us. I never felt pressured or uncomfortable with the decisions I needed to make regarding the tub model that we chose.

On installation day my "crew", Riaz, Roberto and Brian, showed up at the door ready and prepared for the day. I was taken back by their care and respect for my mother's home... not the usual with my experience with contractors/installers. They listened to me, listened to Ari who had spoken with them before they came and did not stop working for the entire time they were here!! The ancillary concerns I had when I initially met with Ari were carried out by the crew to a T. Roberto went over everything with me during the demonstration of the tub operation and I was thrilled with the entire experience. If you don't choose Independent Home for your tub purchase and installation I wish you luck. 5 stars does not say enough. Thank you so much IH... Please consider this review a verbal hug!!!

We bought the Celebrity walk in tub over 5 years ago. The installation was done in a few hours and the job looks today just like it did when the job was done. Our installers left the bathroom cleaner than when they went in I do believe. Those that 'borrow' the tub when staying with us are still impressed. We've used the tub almost daily and it still looks like new. After viewing a Premiere walk in tub our neighbor paid a lot more for, I'm sure we got the best product at the best price.

I saw that Independent Home makes their own products and their guarantee. The sales rep did a great job. He was really nice, polite, courteous and very knowledgeable. The installation team were superb and they tell exactly what was going on all the time. They had to cut a part of the wall out to get the tub in. And when they put that back, I can’t tell if it had been done. They knew what they're doing and did everything so meticulously, perfect, and they cleaned up. I would recommend it to anybody for the good job they did and how well they explained everything.

I’m in the medical field and I’m at home on oxygen 24/7. I initially bought the walk-in bathtub because I have a son who has right-side hemiparesis from a head injury. I don’t want him falling and he’s already fallen in a regular tub. I’d gotten an estimate that was outrageous several years ago and I didn’t feel like fooling around with a bunch of estimates so I decided to call Independent Home to see what they had. I knew what I had to spend and what I was willing to pay for and I got a tub that fit what I needed and the space I had. The installation team was a nice bunch of men. I’d recommend Independent Home to anybody who’s willing to put one in.

My husband has Parkinson’s and I thought Independent Home would be a good fit. It's now easier for him to get in and out of the tub. It wasn’t exactly what I envisioned, but the installer got it to work. He's really good. We're interested to know how do we check for leaks though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Independent Home walk-in tub is very sturdy and I've seen how it's made. They also have local crews, or at least a travelling crew, that was very good. In addition, the price was competitive. The salesman came and I asked him a lot of questions because I had researched it a bit but he had an answer for everything. The only thing that was unnecessary was he pushed pretty hard to have a glass sliding above the tub. That didn’t make a lot of sense because the sooner you’d have to slide one down in order to get in and slide it again, it's an extra expense that's not worth it. The flexible screen or curtain rod type deal is as good as anything that’s very good. But outside of that, he knew his job, very personable and a good guy.

The installation team was out of this world - they installed it in a day. They took out the shower which means dismantling it and breaking it up to get it out. I built homes and I thought they were right on top of it and did a wonderful work. I enjoy the tub and it helps my back. On the other hand, I don’t think I’d do it again for the amount of money that we put into it. When we use it as a Jacuzzi, it’s great but when we use it as a shower, it’s just a shower.

We’re very happy with our Independent Home tub. Their rep was very professional and showed us everything. We liked it and went with it. He represented their product very well and very convincingly. Being an ex-salesman myself, I was impressed, so he deserves a lot of kudos. The installation people were also very nice, helpful and quick. They did a good job, and we’re very satisfied. I am not particularly happy with the toilet, but it's okay. I would upgrade it a little bit. It’s size is the same as what I had in Reno, but it’s not as functional. It’s a cheaper model. I wouldn’t buy it if I went into a store to do it.

Ari ** the owner of the company himself and not a salesman came to my home to discuss all aspects of the installation, as well as an in-depth explanation on how every function of the tub operates. After meeting with the salesmen of two other walk-in tub companies, this was a welcomed visit by Ari. The installation crew were gentlemen the entire time and left my house in perfect shape. For anyone considering a walk-in tub, this is the company to go with!!

I had the salesman from Independent Home come out and I like what he said because they have one, too. He was very nice and did a good job. I've only had the tub for about a month now and though it took a little while to get used to it, I'm very happy with it. I would recommend Independent Home.

We have a Roman tub which is close to 2 feet deep and my wife is 5 feet tall and at a point in time I said, “This is not safe. You're stepping onto a tile floor out of that bathtub and you're going to slip and fall." Independent Home was a little more personable and gave me a better deal than other companies so we went with them. We got a 5-foot wide walk-in tub from them and had it placed in the guest bathroom. They did a nice, quick and professional installation on it. We tried it once and it works just fine.

I have seen Independent Home advertised and I wanted one at some point. When they came out and talked to us about it, it sounded so good. He said he'd get more of a discount knocked off if I signed up for it while he was telling about it. Several months ago, I got in my tub and I couldn’t get out and so my daughter called 911 and they came and got me out in just about three minutes. I didn’t sit down in the tub to soak any more. But that’s when I started thinking about getting one of these tubs and so we decided to get one. I really like it so far. Last night, my sister spent the night with me because she’s having plumbing trouble at her house and so she got to try out my tub. I asked her how she liked it and she said she wishes it was over at her house. It's all very nice and I'm really proud of it.

Purchasing my walk-in tub was easy. I went on the internet, checked out Independent Home and signed up, and somebody called me back. They told me they had a certain model which somebody didn't want but it would fit into my space, so I agreed to that and asked for a discount. The installation team was great. However, the tub has that aromatherapy thing, but there was nothing in there to figure out how to buy more of them. Independent Home told me to call the company that’s on bottles, but they had no idea what I was talking about. Plus, they offered a catalog or something to where I can buy.

I had a liver transplant so it's hard for me to take a bath and have a shower. The sales rep from Independent Home came out and talked to me about everything and then told me what the payments would be. I was in Dallas at that time of the installation doing an evaluation for the liver transplant, but when I walked in at home everything was wonderful. I like that I have a choice between the shower and the bathtub. They told me not to use the bubble bath and it's an effort not to use it. They also left me with two little bottles that had aromatherapy in it, and I'd like to get some more of that.

I had a very pleasant experience purchasing my bathtub from Independent Home. The rep brought this book in and I looked at it and read. My son said that I need to go ahead and buy one, so I bought it. I got the standard model because it's the one that could fit in my bathroom. The installers were very nice and did a good job. I tell whoever comes to see me about Independent Home.

I had broken my leg and had to have back surgery. I was thinking that a walk-in tub costs too much for what you get, but I like my Independent Home tub and it has really helped me. I could sit and go to sleep in it, and it’s so easy to get in and out of it. The sales representative was a very nice guy and the installation team was very careful about bringing stuff in across the carpet.

We had a different tub and my wife was having trouble getting in and out of it. We got Independent Home and we're enjoying it. It has water jets on it. The installation team was good and did everything they said they would. However, we have a little trouble with the drain on it. It doesn’t open up real easy when it's full of water.

I told Independent Home I wouldn't pay one of those crazy prices that they were asking for to install the tub and they said that they'd send a man over to talk to me about it. I told him how much money I had and he took me up on it. He also explained to me about the tub, said he can have it installed and so he wrote it up and we made a deal. I got the 28x48 because it's the only one I could get in the bathroom. I couldn't get the others through the door.

I have copper pipping in this house and when the installers came, they put a steel nipple on it. Now, when the water sits in that steel nipple, it creates rust. I know that after it rusts for a while the rust gets in the valves, they shut off valves and it's likely to cause the seals to go out. So I didn't like that. But they were courteous and were good people. I'd recommend them. I'd also like to have some of that stuff you put in there to make the room smell good. I was told it would be sent to me in a couple of weeks but it's been longer than that and I haven't received it. I talked to a fellow yesterday and he said he'd get it sent in but I haven't seen it.

I've wanted to get an Independent Home tub. The next-door neighbors got one and I told them to send the guy over and they did. It's convenient because I got it very quickly and the purchasing process was very easy. The installation team came and put it in very fast and I really appreciate that. We bought a tub with a very wide door. My husband is handicapped and this model's easy to get him in. He has global anoxia and has a hard time standing. We have a handicap shower and it's been so great to sit him in there and know he's not gonna fall. I can stand right next to him, bathe him, and he enjoys it.

He's having trouble with his knees and I had to soak it and having the tub made a big difference. The hot water just feels good and he doesn't notice it, but I noticed a difference in how he can walk and get around which was getting very difficult for him to do. The tub's very easy to clean and maintain and I like it. Everything went very well and we're enjoying it very much.

Purchasing the walk-in tub from Independent Home was very easy. The salesman who told us about the tub was brand new and didn't high pressure us. We felt like we were getting a very expensive product but we’re getting a good deal from Independent Home. We were able to get good discounts with it through the Veterans. The installation team which was composed of a gentleman and his two helpers were here right on time that morning like they said they would be and finished at 4:00 o'clock that afternoon and walked us through it. Because we live in a manufactured home and our door wasn't very large, they took out the window of the bathroom where the tub was and everything went in and out through that window. I had asked them if they would mind taking out our shower too aside from the garden tub and they did. They were very respectful, worked right along and did a great job including cleaning up. Everything went very nicely.

The first few times since using the tub, I wasn't comfortable. I'm tall, long and lanky and I’m used to lying out more, but I've found a way to get down and be in it. And the jets turn off automatically when the 20 minutes are up, so that’s a nice thing. It was a good experience all the way around. We're older and didn't want a lot of frills but we wanted a good tub that came with a lifetime warranty and it wouldn't give us problems down the road. I was also concerned about the possibility of water leaking through the door of the tub and this has not happened at all. My husband and I both really like it.

Independent Home contacted us about their walk-in tubs. We thought about it then had them come and talk to us. With their warranties and everything, we decided to go with them. We got the deluxe model and because I've had two back surgeries we wanted the jets in the tub with an easy access to it. We got that and it's helping my back issue. It's also very easy to get in and out of the tub. When we were purchasing the tub, the sales representatives were all very easy to work with if we have a problem. Then installation of the tub was above any installation I've seen in the walk-in tubs. The team that installed it was very thoughtful. They laid down drop cloths in the hallway, vacuumed up the hallway and were done in less time than they said that they would be. The backboard is beautiful and the caulking was professional. I'm amazed at the wonderful job they did.

Everything is great with our walk-in bathtub. It helps with my arthritis and I'm happy to have it. My husband loves it, too. I wanted a walk-in bathtub but couldn’t afford it. Independent Home was in our price range so we decided to give it a try. The model of the tub that we got had everything we wanted and I still got my shelf. We have a very small bathroom and it fits right in there.

A man from Independent Home called me on the telephone and he was nice. I asked him to give me a price, he did and I told him to put in the walk-in tub. He sent some men to install it, I paid them, and they left. They did a good job and answered every question I had. He said to turn the water on, flip the switch, sit in the tub, and don't open the door until it's all drained out.

The Independent Home sales rep convinced us with the model of the tub that we bought. He also answered our questions and everything went fine. Purchasing it was easy. The installation people came in, did their job, showed us the instructions on how to run it, and then left. The only thing is that my husband cannot get completely immersed in the tub while he's sitting there, but, other than that, we're happy with it.

I like my Independent Home tub. After listening to what the salesman said, it sounded right for me because I can't walk good enough. I got the tub with the door in the front, a seat, and a balance bar where you can stand up and grab hold to if you need help. It's easy to shower and bathe in it. I didn’t have to step way up high like in a regular tub. We didn’t have any problem when we purchased the bathtub. We called them, made arrangements about the payments and got it going on. The installation people were quiet when they were doing their job, but they were nice guys. It didn’t take them forever to put it in. I would recommend them because they were good.

My husband called Independent Home and talked to somebody that was helpful. We then got the air jetted tub that is 24 by 40 because it fits our needs. We installed it as my husband’s a contractor. Our purchasing experience went very well.

Independent Home had more of the things I needed and wanted. As far as reviews go, they're more of everything than most of the other ones. The sales reps were very nice. I had a couple and they were good salesmen. However, I was disappointed when they were gone and their part was over. Then there came another part that we've no longer negotiated with and had the people reinstalled it. Furthermore, on the installation, I was under the impression that I had to be satisfied and they were under the impression that they were doing what they were paid just to do and that was it. It was a pleasant experience but just like everything, there's just some things that can't work out with one end as it does with the other end. Nevertheless, I'm happy and would recommend them.

The salesman from Independent Home was very nice and if I had a company, I'd want him working for me. I was also very pleased with the installation team. They were very polite, explained how to use it and did a real good job. I like my experience very much.

We had gotten a price from another walk-in tub company a couple of years ago and it was way too high. We heard about Independent Home and I told their rep how much it was. She said they would do it for way less than that so I told them to come out and show it to me. The salesman was very helpful, and he explained everything in great detail. When the workers came, they got everything done. They had to come back out and do one thing for us that they didn’t have time to do before, and everything went fine. I enjoy using the tub's massaging jets as it's very relaxing.

A friend of mine who lives out of state had purchased an Independent Home Walk-in Tub a year ago and he told us about it and gave me their address and phone number. We got the Deluxe because it's bigger and my father is a big man and he liked it. He also likes the air jets and the hydrotherapy with it. The installers were also very nice and friendly.

Independent Home's walk-in bath tub is great and I really like it. The salesman was very thorough. He spent an hour and a half and we talked about the price. He showed me a lot of things that would tell me what a quality product it was so I'm well pleased with it. It was the best deal I could get. My bathroom is so little that it had to be the style that replaces the shower and it worked out great. They did a really good job.

Independent Home Company Profile