toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

As an educated consumer I have been accused of being obsessive about "doing my research". The fact that this purchase of a walk-in tub was for my mom made me be even more diligent. That's when I came across Independent Home online. From my initial call with Ari I felt at ease with his concern and desire to accommodate us with whatever we would need. He visited her home and I must say that this is where he belongs... In your home.

As a nurse I am sensitive to the fact that those in the "home care" world must have empathy... He listened intently to the details of mom's latest fall. He picked up right away on my anxiety given the fact that I live out of town and am trying to do whatever I can to make her home as safe as possible. His calm, caring demeanor allowed me to be able to hear all the information he was sharing with me. After a few minutes with his tape measure he laid out a plan for us. I never felt pressured or uncomfortable with the decisions I needed to make regarding the tub model that we chose.

On installation day my "crew", Riaz, Roberto and Brian, showed up at the door ready and prepared for the day. I was taken back by their care and respect for my mother's home... not the usual with my experience with contractors/installers. They listened to me, listened to Ari who had spoken with them before they came and did not stop working for the entire time they were here!! The ancillary concerns I had when I initially met with Ari were carried out by the crew to a T. Roberto went over everything with me during the demonstration of the tub operation and I was thrilled with the entire experience. If you don't choose Independent Home for your tub purchase and installation I wish you luck. 5 stars does not say enough. Thank you so much IH... Please consider this review a verbal hug!!!

We bought the Celebrity walk in tub over 5 years ago. The installation was done in a few hours and the job looks today just like it did when the job was done. Our installers left the bathroom cleaner than when they went in I do believe. Those that 'borrow' the tub when staying with us are still impressed. We've used the tub almost daily and it still looks like new. After viewing a Premiere walk in tub our neighbor paid a lot more for, I'm sure we got the best product at the best price.

I saw that Independent Home makes their own products and their guarantee. The sales rep did a great job. He was really nice, polite, courteous and very knowledgeable. The installation team were superb and they tell exactly what was going on all the time. They had to cut a part of the wall out to get the tub in. And when they put that back, I can’t tell if it had been done. They knew what they're doing and did everything so meticulously, perfect, and they cleaned up. I would recommend it to anybody for the good job they did and how well they explained everything.

We had a really nice bathtub setup and shower, but the guys from Independent Home were calling around about the bathtub. Then we happen to run into them down in Missouri. The rep gave us a price and we did it. The gentlemen that did the install were really efficient did a real good job. I would recommend them.

I called Independent Home and it seemed like their tub was the kind that I wanted. Their installation team was very good. Though I haven't had the tub that long, I do enjoy using it. I would recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

My experience with the Independent Home sales rep who was also the installer was very good. He and two of his workers completed the installation in a very satisfactory order in seven hours. I would recommend them.

We've been looking at walk-in bathtubs and were thinking about it for years. Our new walk-in tub is alright.The Independent Home team brought a left-handed model and what we needed was a right-handed one. So they went back and got one, brought it back and installed it quickly. The installers were good and they did a nice job. The biggest dissatisfaction is the water heater problem. We don't have a big enough hot water heater so we're wrestling with the decision on what to do about hot water. We weren't alerted to that problem at all. So I'm a little disappointed in that.

We’re very happy with the product of Independent Home. But the gentleman that installed it left a few things undone that had I not caught, could have possibly caused water damage to our floor under the unit. I had to do a lot of extra caulking because without a shower curtain around the tub when it bubbles, the water would have gone over the top and right down the back by where it was installed into the windowsill where there was a half-inch gap all the way across it. The installer was amenable. He and his son were kind, happy, and generous. They did what they needed to do but I don’t know if it was a time constraint or they just missed it. But that was the only complaint that I had about the whole thing. The rest of the stuff they did was excellent.

Out of all the tubs I researched, Independent Home seemed to be the only logical one to go with because their parts are made right here in the United States. So I figured that if we had a problem, we could get it taken care of a lot faster. It'd probably be a better deal. And when I talked to them, they were all very nice. The man that came to our house explained it all to us. We thought he was great and he did a good job. They also got us a finance plan that agreed with what we needed. We're enjoying the tub so far. I've had people who asked me about the tub because I put it on Facebook and I've recommended Independent Home.

We initially wanted to go to Costco and buy a tub, and then get somebody to install it. But Steve said he would do all of that. We also wondered about the warranty for the tub, and he went to Brian who told us that it's a lifetime one so we felt comfortable getting the tub from Independent Home. They also worked with us on the price. My mother got the one with the double motor and the threshold was four inches and she liked it. Installation took a little longer than we had anticipated but he got it in and was done by the time Sabbath came around, which was important to us.

The Independent Home dealer was wonderful before I bought the tub. But after I’ve purchased the tub, I have not been able to get them to send me any papers. This is something I bought for my mom and I have to justify it to my brothers. I also have to have stuff for the accountant and I want my lifetime warranty that they promised me. I’m not real pleased about that and I am still waiting. The shower dripped occasionally too and I have no idea why. So altogether, I’m not the happiest person I might be. I would not recommend them.

I checked out Independent Home online and liked their price. I got the Acrylic Deluxe as it had all the features I wanted, and I love it. The purchasing experience was very good, and the installation was outstanding.

I like my Independent Home tub. I've seen walk-in tubs advertised before but then a fellow came by at the right time advertising them as I had been thinking about getting one. He showed me pictures and that’s how I got to talking to him about it. I had a garden tub before and I have problems with my legs, so it’s very neat where I don’t have to climb over a big tub. I went with Independent Home mainly for the cost and time and got a model that works well for my manufactured home. Purchasing the tub was an easy process and the installation people were really nice. The only thing is that it takes a lot of water and I run out of hot water. My youngest son has moved in with his family so I have extra ones and we have to really be careful with the hot water. Still, it saves some of the water since it’s easier for me to get in there and take a quick shower with it. I don't know where I can get more of the bottles of oil to put in there though.

I like the idea that there weren't too many bells or whistles that could go bad with Independent Home, and I like their price. The tub I got seemed to suit our purposes and it works fine, but the installation could have been done more professionally on the back wall. The finishing on the back board looked very unprofessional and cheap. The tub is very good and I'm happy with it, but I'm unhappy with the installation and I'm going to have it done again. I spoke to the main office in Long Island, then they got me in touch with the area supervisor and the installer called me back. I was trying to find this type of wall board that will fit properly so I can have the installers do it for me.

We purchased the tub from Independent Home and their dealer was very good. I wasn't home when the installation team came but they made a mess. They cut a hole in the floor to go to the drain so I had to make a patch to put in there. That was a pretty bad judgment on their part.

Our experience with Independent Home was very pleasant and satisfying. The installers had a problem that day but they resolved it. They came from Olympia and the traffic that day was terrible so they were late coming. But other than that everything was fine.

We got an Independent Home tub for the price and put in a new hot water heater at the same time because they wanted to make sure we were gonna be able to fill the tub. However, we have to wait 10 to 15 minutes about three times in order to actually fill the tub and be able to use the jets. We also received the shower curtain rod, but never received the shower curtain. The guy who installed it told me that there was a modulator that needed to be put on it yet and said when we got it, to call and let him know and he’d come and put it in. But we’ve never gotten it. Plus, he told us we’d receive paperwork from GE Financial and we’ve never gotten that either.

I took the face plates off of the hot water heater trying to find the thermostat or the dial on it to turn it up, but there was insulation underneath and I didn’t want to move that out a lot. I figured that when he comes back to install the modulator, we could ask him to turn the temperature up a little bit. Actually, we didn’t really have a clue at that point in time that we weren’t gonna have sufficient water to fill it. I would recommend them if we can get these things rectified.

Somebody called me from Independent Home's office and that was the first time I had somebody out here to talk to me about walk-in bathtubs. My purchasing experience with them was easy and their installation team were very good. I had a fairly small area so I didn’t think they could get a tub in there. So, I had lost a part of an entryway closet but they explained that to me before they tore into it, and made sure I understood and it was okay.

When the sales rep was here, I told him I have a bad leg and I didn’t think I could get in a tub and get the door closed so I needed one that opened out. I also mentioned that to the installers and so before they started on it, they took the tub off the truck, unpacked it, and set it right there in my garage where I could see if I could get in and close the door in, which I could. It would’ve been awful to get that installed and I won't be able to get in there and close that door. They made sure that I could do that and they were really good. The first time I got in there, my foot would slip and I couldn’t get up. What my daughter did was she threw a towel in there so my foot would hit that towel and I'd be able to get up. But I needed to get up on my own without somebody having to be there so the 'slippy' things that my daughter stuck on the bottom of the tub have worked and I can get up fine.

Furthermore, there’s no place to put the soap and the shampoo that’s convenient. On top of my bad leg, I have COPD so, a lot of reaching and different things makes it hard for me to breathe because I’m on oxygen a lot. I'd have to twist to get the shampoo and conditioner from where I can set it and reach to where I could set the soap. My daughter got a thing that was supposed to hang on rough walls, but it wouldn’t even try to hang on. It would've been better if there was something like a basket wire that would hold shampoos and soaps on the wall that they could put when they’re installing it that didn’t stick out too far. Other than that, my experience has been good.

Independent Home said the things that I wanted to hear so I purchased a Walk In Tub from them and I like it very well. I had knee surgery recently so I like the fact that I can sit down in there. That way, I can usually dance aerobic exercise in the water. My purchasing experience was easy and their installation team was great. However, the caulking around my bathtub started cracking afterwards. So I called their rep and he told me to get a man to come in here and do it and send him a bill. So I got someone in here and it’s held up good. I’m just waiting for them to send me the reimbursement.

We're very pleased with Independent Home. The people that installed the tub knew what they were doing. There's just a couple of little things that they didn't get right, but I hadn't called them because I can take care of it. We've just used it a couple of times and we're still able to take showers. When they installed the tub they also placed some higher toilets in, the ones that don't use so much water when they flush, and the things in the showers to hold on to. Whatever we wanted, they took care of them for us. Everything is going good. I got our salesman Jack's phone number so if there was anything that I really need to talk to him about, I just call him.

My boss has seen a commercial for walk-in tubs and he called the number. His son-in-law and son looked at all consumer reports and tried three different companies then they went with Independent Home because they had better comments. The salesman came in and stayed for quite some time. We had to wait for my boss's daughter and son-in-law to come back and they talked. He explained everything to all of us and then said, "Okay, you guys give me a call". Within that day, the son went ahead and called him and set it up. The two repair guys came the next day and it was pretty good. They came in and looked at all ways to get in and get out and really talked to us.

It was supposed to be done at one day but they actually couldn't finish until the second day because my boss had a lot of questions so they had to keep stopping the work and then go in there to talk to him. He talked about shutting the valve or seeing if they're gonna do this or that right. Then my boss's wife who has dementia was really worried about her pearl necklaces so she wouldn't stay out of the construction site. She kept going back there so we had to keep sitting in there with her and she wanted just to stare at them. I really felt bad for the poor guys but they handled it very good.

The Independent Home salesman who came by was very nice and upfront with everything. It was a good experience dealing with him. The price was one reason why I chose them. I got their biggest tub because I'm a big guy. We had an appointment with the installers but they called and confirmed that it was going to be on a certain time on a certain day. They called that morning before they came out to let me know they were on their way. There were interactions through the day if they or I had any questions. They answered my questions to my satisfaction. They were also courteous and they didn't hold back any information. We're happy with the performance of the tub. It's a good purchase and we're very satisfied.

Independent Home was the fastest to get back to me among other manufacturers. I bought cubicle model because I was limited on space and I love my tub. Purchasing the tub was a pretty good and painless experience. Though I would’ve liked to have gotten just a little bit more information, but I did get that from the contractor that put it in. He had a small space to work in and he didn’t complain once. He just took care of business, and he was great. I've already recommended Independent Home to several friends.

My existing tub was a very unusual and I was very impressed that they were able to put in a walk-in tub and I really enjoy it and I couldn't be happier.

The installation team did a fine job and the salesman was very nice. However, he said the tub only took 30 gallons but I have a 40-gallon water heater and it takes all of that. Still, it's not enough water. There were also a few questions I asked him that he didn’t know the answer to and had to call the office.

My walk-in bathtub from Independent Home is fine, but it didn’t come with the silver thing in the hole. I made a good purchase and a good deal, but I'm not satisfied with the silverware that’s not in the tub. I'm very dissatisfied with my experience.

I got the 30-gallon bathtub from Independent Home. It’s a little bit difficult to get used to but it works good. I couldn’t get in and out of a regular tub, and my new tub is something I could just walk in and sit down on.

We got an Independent Home walk-in bathtub and wanted one with the door that swings out, the handicapped one, but it’s not the one that was put in. I was supposed to be there when the tub was put in but we happened to be out of town and my brother was there to oversee it. They came and the guy said that the tub wouldn’t fit in there right because I had a cabinet and it won’t swing out the door itself far enough. So, he ended up installing the one where the doors swings inwards. It would’ve fit because we measured but, bottom line, my dad loved the tub and so we decided we’re not gonna rock the boat at this point. It might end up totally being better for him in the long run because he likes that and he’d probably end up opening the door on it with full of water.

I have fibromyalgia and I have a bad back and so does my husband. I saw that, and it looked like from what the people said on TV, that the walk-in tub from Independent Home might be the one that we would want. And I thought we would try and see and we liked the man that we talked to very much. He came out and measured and explained. We asked questions and he was very good. I was in such need, with so much pain, that the man got it installed a lot quicker than normal. He was wonderful. The men that installed it were very good too. I really like our tub very much. I just got out of the hospital two days ago and my legs are so bad. But I got in my bathtub yesterday and it helped so much.

I liked the product Independent Home had and the price was good. The bathtub the sales rep showed us suited my mother's needs. It was a very smooth and easy purchase but the only thing I didn't like is that I needed to call the next morning if I've made a decision and give him a credit card over the phone for a $1,000. But their people were prompt in responding and their servicemen showed up on time. The installers, a father and son team, were professional, friendly and did a really good job. The tub got done when we needed it done. It was good working with Independent Home. My mom uses the tub a lot and is really happy with it.

Independent Home Company Profile