toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

As an educated consumer I have been accused of being obsessive about "doing my research". The fact that this purchase of a walk-in tub was for my mom made me be even more diligent. That's when I came across Independent Home online. From my initial call with Ari I felt at ease with his concern and desire to accommodate us with whatever we would need. He visited her home and I must say that this is where he belongs... In your home.

As a nurse I am sensitive to the fact that those in the "home care" world must have empathy... He listened intently to the details of mom's latest fall. He picked up right away on my anxiety given the fact that I live out of town and am trying to do whatever I can to make her home as safe as possible. His calm, caring demeanor allowed me to be able to hear all the information he was sharing with me. After a few minutes with his tape measure he laid out a plan for us. I never felt pressured or uncomfortable with the decisions I needed to make regarding the tub model that we chose.

On installation day my "crew", Riaz, Roberto and Brian, showed up at the door ready and prepared for the day. I was taken back by their care and respect for my mother's home... not the usual with my experience with contractors/installers. They listened to me, listened to Ari who had spoken with them before they came and did not stop working for the entire time they were here!! The ancillary concerns I had when I initially met with Ari were carried out by the crew to a T. Roberto went over everything with me during the demonstration of the tub operation and I was thrilled with the entire experience. If you don't choose Independent Home for your tub purchase and installation I wish you luck. 5 stars does not say enough. Thank you so much IH... Please consider this review a verbal hug!!!

We bought the Celebrity walk in tub over 5 years ago. The installation was done in a few hours and the job looks today just like it did when the job was done. Our installers left the bathroom cleaner than when they went in I do believe. Those that 'borrow' the tub when staying with us are still impressed. We've used the tub almost daily and it still looks like new. After viewing a Premiere walk in tub our neighbor paid a lot more for, I'm sure we got the best product at the best price.

I saw that Independent Home makes their own products and their guarantee. The sales rep did a great job. He was really nice, polite, courteous and very knowledgeable. The installation team were superb and they tell exactly what was going on all the time. They had to cut a part of the wall out to get the tub in. And when they put that back, I can’t tell if it had been done. They knew what they're doing and did everything so meticulously, perfect, and they cleaned up. I would recommend it to anybody for the good job they did and how well they explained everything.

I have fibromyalgia and I have a bad back and so does my husband. I saw that, and it looked like from what the people said on TV, that the walk-in tub from Independent Home might be the one that we would want. And I thought we would try and see and we liked the man that we talked to very much. He came out and measured and explained. We asked questions and he was very good. I was in such need, with so much pain, that the man got it installed a lot quicker than normal. He was wonderful. The men that installed it were very good too. I really like our tub very much. I just got out of the hospital two days ago and my legs are so bad. But I got in my bathtub yesterday and it helped so much.

I liked the product Independent Home had and the price was good. The bathtub the sales rep showed us suited my mother's needs. It was a very smooth and easy purchase but the only thing I didn't like is that I needed to call the next morning if I've made a decision and give him a credit card over the phone for a $1,000. But their people were prompt in responding and their servicemen showed up on time. The installers, a father and son team, were professional, friendly and did a really good job. The tub got done when we needed it done. It was good working with Independent Home. My mom uses the tub a lot and is really happy with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

I'm very well-pleased with my Independent Home walk-in tub. I got proposals from two other manufacturers, but I bought from Independent Home since they have a better price. I did some research and thought the hydrotherapy quality of the model I got was superior to others. I had a salesperson from Independent Home come out. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. I had a very good relationship with him. The installer was also very competent and did a good job. Everything went fine. They're very good, and I have no complaints.

My son had a gentleman redoing his kitchen and I asked him about the bathrooms. He said he didn't do that kind of work but he said he would pass my name onto Independent Home. Several days later we got a phone call and they asked if we're interested. I said we were and they came out. The salesman showed us all the features on it and we discussed everything, and the one I went with got the jets and the shower attachment. He was very knowledgeable and polite and his presentation was nice. It was a good experience from start to finish. It's working like it's supposed to and they did everything they were going to do. They were on time and did the job well. The bathroom looked nice when it was finished.

After receiving a couple of quotes from other companies I gave up on being able to afford a tub. Then I tried Independent Home. From the very first time I spoke with someone I felt at ease. I met with the salesman and it was the same feeling. The installers were wonderful as well. Courteous and respectful. My bathroom looks better than before and I love my tub.

It was the cost that made me choose to buy an Independent Home walk-in bathtub. We got one with just the bubble jets and also the whirlpool and it's a pleasurable purchasing experience. I had very little interaction with the installation team since I was still at work then, but my wife was at home and she said they were nice and pleasant.

My brother and I wanted to put in a bathtub with jets for my mother who is 92 years old. She has trouble walking, has a bad hip and is in constant pain. We interviewed a number of companies and then Ari came to moms home. We felt right at home with him. Not a pushy salesman. He listened, had no hidden costs and delivered what he promised. We call, he answers... We text, he answers. Terrific man... Terrific company.

I sat down with my plumber, was talking with him and somehow we ended up going with Independent Home. Buying the tub was quite easy - the salesman pretty well took care of my buying, advised us, and I was fully satisfied with his procedures and what he did. The only problem I ended up with was that it took me more than 10 days to get my tub hooked up. For my warranty to work, I had to have the tub completed, send that warranty card in within 10 days but I didn't have it hooked up, so I don't have that warranty - that was one thing that I regretted. Nevertheless, so far, Independent Home has been good.

The Independent Home rep showed us two models. We didn’t want to spend money for the more expensive one so we got the smaller one with the jets. The features it had worked wonders as we necessarily need it. Salesman was knowledgeable and pleasant. He was here on time and answered all our questions. The installer, Kevin, did the entire installation himself and did a wonderful job. He was the most amazing.

We bought this bathtub because it has jets and a seat, and everything on it. Purchasing the tub was really easy and the installation went great. Perfect!

Independent Home gave us a better deal, and we're satisfied with them. The overall purchasing process was very easy, and the people who came and install the tub were good. They were courteous, able to answer all my questions, and they left their work area clean.

I am not disabled nor in my golden years so many have asked why I purchased my celebrity series walk-in tub. I want to be ready for those golden years and I absolutely love my tub!! I regret not getting it sooner! I feel so much better after a long soak in this tub! It was installed in ONE day and very professionally done! Several people that visit come with their own towel and ask if they can use my tub! They love it too!! I highly recommend Independent Home if anyone is considering a purchase for a walk-in tub! They are friendly, professional and really care about their customers!! 10 stars!!!

I've told my daughter I was thinking about getting a walk-in tub. Independent Home had certain types of credits off of the amount and it was quite a large amount. When they came in the neighborhood, their salesperson shared information that there were different programs that can be costly. But he wasn't high-pressure or threatening. Other plumbers would put things in, add these other parts that need to be completed and a carpenter would come and do repairs or put everything else together again, but they said they would do all of the work including putting everything together, so I got a deal with that. I was very pleased with the presentation.

The way the young installer and his crew got the tub together was unbelievable. Installation was lengthy because I have an older house and he had to go to a depot store to get some other material, but he did it so well and it was done smoothly. They also have knowledge of the pipes. And because I have old pipes, I had some of it put in. I was highly impressed with the plumbing and getting it together, cleaning it and making it look so beautiful. I'm glad I got an Independent Home tub. When I take a bath with a regular tub, I run the water and then get in it. But this way, I sit and wait to get the water to come to me which gives me a moment to relax and wait for it to happen. I'm enjoying the hydro parts of it too, which is what I wanted. I've told some people about the tub and there have been some that appeared to be interested.

An Independent Home salesman came by and visited me, and I expressed interest but I said I could only do it if I could get an equity loan on my house. I tried to do that but I got turned down. Then when I said that I had to cancel, Independent Home said they would finance it for me and they did. It took them a day to install the tub and they did a good job. Also, all the people I've dealt with have been top-of-the-line and were extremely nice, including those who I talked to on the telephone that I didn't meet.

Getting used to being comfortable getting in and out of my tub takes time. I don't feel any danger but I have to do it very slowly and cautiously and then remembering all the different things to do since it's hard for me to get around. Also, there has been a couple of glitches. Some part came off and I don't know if somebody will be able to fix that or not. Also, the caulking came loose. I don't know if it hadn't dried thoroughly although we gave it 24 hours. So, my daughter is gonna have to re caulk part of it. But other than that it works well.

I’m in the medical field and I’m at home on oxygen 24/7. I initially bought the walk-in bathtub because I have a son who has right-side hemiparesis from a head injury. I don’t want him falling and he’s already fallen in a regular tub. I’d gotten an estimate that was outrageous several years ago and I didn’t feel like fooling around with a bunch of estimates so I decided to call Independent Home to see what they had. I knew what I had to spend and what I was willing to pay for and I got a tub that fit what I needed and the space I had. The installation team was a nice bunch of men. I’d recommend Independent Home to anybody who’s willing to put one in.

My husband has Parkinson’s and I thought Independent Home would be a good fit. It's now easier for him to get in and out of the tub. It wasn’t exactly what I envisioned, but the installer got it to work. He's really good. We're interested to know how do we check for leaks though.

Independent Home walk-in tub is very sturdy and I've seen how it's made. They also have local crews, or at least a travelling crew, that was very good. In addition, the price was competitive. The salesman came and I asked him a lot of questions because I had researched it a bit but he had an answer for everything. The only thing that was unnecessary was he pushed pretty hard to have a glass sliding above the tub. That didn’t make a lot of sense because the sooner you’d have to slide one down in order to get in and slide it again, it's an extra expense that's not worth it. The flexible screen or curtain rod type deal is as good as anything that’s very good. But outside of that, he knew his job, very personable and a good guy.

The installation team was out of this world - they installed it in a day. They took out the shower which means dismantling it and breaking it up to get it out. I built homes and I thought they were right on top of it and did a wonderful work. I enjoy the tub and it helps my back. On the other hand, I don’t think I’d do it again for the amount of money that we put into it. When we use it as a Jacuzzi, it’s great but when we use it as a shower, it’s just a shower.

We’re very happy with our Independent Home tub. Their rep was very professional and showed us everything. We liked it and went with it. He represented their product very well and very convincingly. Being an ex-salesman myself, I was impressed, so he deserves a lot of kudos. The installation people were also very nice, helpful and quick. They did a good job, and we’re very satisfied. I am not particularly happy with the toilet, but it's okay. I would upgrade it a little bit. It’s size is the same as what I had in Reno, but it’s not as functional. It’s a cheaper model. I wouldn’t buy it if I went into a store to do it.

Ari ** the owner of the company himself and not a salesman came to my home to discuss all aspects of the installation, as well as an in-depth explanation on how every function of the tub operates. After meeting with the salesmen of two other walk-in tub companies, this was a welcomed visit by Ari. The installation crew were gentlemen the entire time and left my house in perfect shape. For anyone considering a walk-in tub, this is the company to go with!!

I had the salesman from Independent Home come out and I like what he said because they have one, too. He was very nice and did a good job. I've only had the tub for about a month now and though it took a little while to get used to it, I'm very happy with it. I would recommend Independent Home.

We have a Roman tub which is close to 2 feet deep and my wife is 5 feet tall and at a point in time I said, “This is not safe. You're stepping onto a tile floor out of that bathtub and you're going to slip and fall." Independent Home was a little more personable and gave me a better deal than other companies so we went with them. We got a 5-foot wide walk-in tub from them and had it placed in the guest bathroom. They did a nice, quick and professional installation on it. We tried it once and it works just fine.

I have seen Independent Home advertised and I wanted one at some point. When they came out and talked to us about it, it sounded so good. He said he'd get more of a discount knocked off if I signed up for it while he was telling about it. Several months ago, I got in my tub and I couldn’t get out and so my daughter called 911 and they came and got me out in just about three minutes. I didn’t sit down in the tub to soak any more. But that’s when I started thinking about getting one of these tubs and so we decided to get one. I really like it so far. Last night, my sister spent the night with me because she’s having plumbing trouble at her house and so she got to try out my tub. I asked her how she liked it and she said she wishes it was over at her house. It's all very nice and I'm really proud of it.

Purchasing my walk-in tub was easy. I went on the internet, checked out Independent Home and signed up, and somebody called me back. They told me they had a certain model which somebody didn't want but it would fit into my space, so I agreed to that and asked for a discount. The installation team was great. However, the tub has that aromatherapy thing, but there was nothing in there to figure out how to buy more of them. Independent Home told me to call the company that’s on bottles, but they had no idea what I was talking about. Plus, they offered a catalog or something to where I can buy.

I had a liver transplant so it's hard for me to take a bath and have a shower. The sales rep from Independent Home came out and talked to me about everything and then told me what the payments would be. I was in Dallas at that time of the installation doing an evaluation for the liver transplant, but when I walked in at home everything was wonderful. I like that I have a choice between the shower and the bathtub. They told me not to use the bubble bath and it's an effort not to use it. They also left me with two little bottles that had aromatherapy in it, and I'd like to get some more of that.

I had a very pleasant experience purchasing my bathtub from Independent Home. The rep brought this book in and I looked at it and read. My son said that I need to go ahead and buy one, so I bought it. I got the standard model because it's the one that could fit in my bathroom. The installers were very nice and did a good job. I tell whoever comes to see me about Independent Home.

I had broken my leg and had to have back surgery. I was thinking that a walk-in tub costs too much for what you get, but I like my Independent Home tub and it has really helped me. I could sit and go to sleep in it, and it’s so easy to get in and out of it. The sales representative was a very nice guy and the installation team was very careful about bringing stuff in across the carpet.

We had a different tub and my wife was having trouble getting in and out of it. We got Independent Home and we're enjoying it. It has water jets on it. The installation team was good and did everything they said they would. However, we have a little trouble with the drain on it. It doesn’t open up real easy when it's full of water.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Independent Home has been manufacturing and installing walk-in bathtubs since 2002. They also offer walk-in showers.

• Draining: They have a “1 Minute speed drain” option
  • Options: They offer a wide variety of options including a bariatric model, a compact model, a wheelchair transfer option and the option to have gold fixtures
  • Customer support: They will answer many questions by telephone
  • Ordering: Each model has different optional features which might be overwhelming.
  • Standard safety features: Grab bar is an optional feature on some models
  • Best for Individuals with limited mobility, senior citizens, individuals who want to consider aging-in-place features, individuals who are obese and have difficulty bathing in standard tubs, individuals with arthritis and those with restless leg syndrome, cramping or other chronic pain.

Independent Home Company Profile