4.6/5 (49 ratings)

About Independent Home

Independent Home provides the highest-grade walk-in bathtubs on the market at the most affordable prices. We are a factory direct, family business that does everything under one roof. Our end-to-end business offers free consultations, product selection, installation, and service, all backed by a lifetime warranty. Purchase with confidence from Independent Home.

Pros

• Customizable models
    • Installation discounts
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Rain showerhead options

Cons

• Capacity may affect water heater
    • No online pricing

Bottom Line

Independent Home offers several walk-in bathtubs, including wheelchair-accessible options. The company offers many tub sizes, including bariatric models. Get an in-home consultation for a quote.

Top Independent Home Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I love my walk-in tub. My only regret is I didn't get it sooner. Salesman was great and very nice. He actually listened to my needs and didn't push anything on me. The installers ...

Verified

We called Independent Home and they came out and they discussed the product with us. ... The installation was wonderful. The crew came about 8:30 and they were finished with the j...

Independent Home models

Independent Home makes eight different walk-in tub models. Each comes equipped with many standard features, including fast-fill faucets and speed drains. Higher-end models include luxury features such as air or whirlpool hydrotherapy, dual massage jets and color-soothing chromotherapy.

The company also makes walk-in shower options for places where a tub might not be the right fit due to customer preference or bathroom size limitations.

Independent Home’s walk-in tub models include a deep-soak walk-in tub with optional massage jets, a structurally upgraded acrylic model and a wheelchair-accessible tub. All Independent Home shower and tub seats are ADA-compliant, making for a safer and more comfortable shower or bath experience.

The company’s walk-in tubs vary by features including the number of jets, the size of the tub and hydrotherapy options. Several models are designed for specific needs:

• The Access is a wheelchair-accessible model that helps those in wheelchairs safely get in and out of the bathtub.
    • The Royal is designed for larger individuals and has a power-controlled seat for lifting and lowering a person into the bath.
    • The Cube is a compact walk-in bathtub designed to fit into an existing shower stall space.

Standard features of Independent Home walk-in tubs

All Independent Home walk-in tubs and showers come with multiple standard features. In addition to industry-wide features, such as a low step-in threshold and a wide door, Independent Home walk-in tubs offer relaxing components that help to invigorate and gently massage your body during a shower or bath.

Independent Home walk-in tub installation

Independent Home provides certified installers to install your walk-in tub. These installers come from multiple trades, including plumbing, electrical, demolition and finish work. Installation specialists are experts in this field and usually average well over 500 installations completed.

Independent Home holds its technicians to strict standards. Each representative explains how to use the tub after they install it, and each customer signs a completion certificate stating they’re satisfied with the work.

Every walk-in tub is tested during construction with checkpoints that guarantee the quality of the electrical components and integrity of the watertight seal. As a factory-direct company, Independent Home adheres to a standard of single-source accountability for sales, installation and service.

It usually takes one day to complete the installation. All Independent Home walk-in tubs are turnkey solutions designed to replace existing bathtubs.

Independent Home walk-in tub cost and financing

The cost of an Independent Home walk-in tub ranges widely (installation is included), but it varies by the model you choose and any add-ons or upgrades you select. Adding options like hydrotherapy increases price. Independent Home suggests calling to receive a free, customized quote for your walk-in tub or shower.

The company suggests having a specialist perform a free in-home estimate before purchasing a tub. The specialist measures your current bathroom and explains what’s required to install an Independent Home walk-in tub in your space. Having a technician inspect your bathroom lets the company give you the most accurate quote possible.

The company provides a $1,500-off installation coupon on its website, and financing is available to qualified buyers. If you’re a veteran with a disability, you may be able to subsidize a bathroom remodeling project with a Home Improvements and Structural Alterations (HISA) grant.

Independent Home FAQ

What type of warranty does Independent Home offer?

Independent Home backs its tubs with a lifetime warranty. You’re fully covered for all components of your tub.

What are Independent Home’s walk-in tub dimensions?

Independent Home walk-in tub sizes vary by model. They range from 33 by 35 inches to 26 to 26 inches, with several other measurement options between. All the company’s walk-in tubs are designed to fit inside an existing space for a standard tub. Its website suggests calling to find out more about specific sizing.

Where can I buy an Independent Home walk-in tub?

There are Independent Home walk-in tub locations in all 50 states and in Washington, D.C. You can connect with a local specialist through the company’s website. Independent Home manufactures its tubs at its headquarters on Long Island, New York. After meeting with a specialist, it usually takes between 10 and 14 days to order, build, ship and install your new walk-in tub.

Do we recommend Independent Home walk-in tubs?

Although the final price can only be determined after an in-home estimate, Independent Home guarantees quotes for a year and includes installation in the tub price. The company’s ADA-compliant tubs come in a variety of sizes and styles to fit different needs. According to Independent Home walk-in tub reviews, many customers enjoy their tubs and are pleased with the installation process.

Independent Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Independent Home called me and the salesman sounded so positive and decent. He just asked if he could come to my house and show me their tub. I said yes because I was interested in getting a step-in tub. And I knew that they were expensive, but I haven't gone around looking for them. He set a date. The reps were on time, came out, and were very cordial. And it sounded like such a good deal that I went with it. Four people installed the tub, made sure it ran all right, showed me how to run it, and they were out of here. They came at nine o'clock and they were out of here at around 5:00. They were clean, and they cleaned up after themselves. They took out the trash that they had made, and cleaned up well.

The one guy was so nice. I felt he could be my grandson. He shared his experiences with me and what his life was like, and I felt sorry for him. But when he left here, I told him that if he ever wanted to talk to somebody that wasn't involved with his family or had no feelings toward it, he felt like he was at the end of his rope, to just come sit and talk, and I would listen to him. He was so nice that I liked him so much.

However, I didn't realize it takes so long to fill the tub. It takes at least 20 minutes. And I find that I don't like the way the door is on the step-in. That the way it's made. They got it wide at the top of the door and they have it go small where you step into it. And when you have the door open and get into it, and close that door, you gotta wiggle around that door in order to get the door closed. Other than that, I love sitting in it once it's filled up, and it empties out fast. It has made my feet much better. Just getting a tub of water and that water is nice and warm, and you just sit there and let it fill.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

The sales rep was really nice. We set up a time for the installation so both my husband and I were there, and he was really nice in talking to us. It was such a fast process. We met with him for a couple of hours. He measured our bathroom and then we did the application, got approved, and it was not even two weeks later when they were installing the tub. It was incredibly quick.

The installation was absolutely amazing. There were two gentlemen and I was a little worried because they were both in their 70s. I did not know how they were gonna get that tub in. They removed the old tub and got it ready to bring the new tub in. From the very beginning, they laid painter’s cloth from my front door all the way into the bathroom so nothing got on the carpet. It was a porcelain tub so they had to kind of break it. It took about nine hours for them to do it, which they did let me know that it would be about around that period of time. But they got everything done. When they asked us to look it over, you couldn't even tell that they had done anything. The new tub was in but they cleaned up the whole mess. They left the cloth down, and as they walked, they pulled up the cloth, so that way, they didn't even walk on the carpet except for the first time. They were extremely nice.

I love the lights. My grandson also loves it and he thinks it's awesome. The jets work. We've had the tub since the beginning of July, and we have not had an issue with it. My dad said he is not worried about taking a shower now. The peace of mind that if my dad is in there and that he is not gonna get hurt, it definitely 100% makes the cost of the tub absolutely worth it.

The whole process with Independent Home was flawless. There was one part that didn't get on the installer's truck. But the installer told us about that. It was the little part where the shower slides up and down, where you could put the handheld in for the shower. He brought it the next day. It took him 10 minutes from the time he got here to the time he left. Everything they told us was exactly what we got, down to the very last thing. So it's been amazing. The application process was effortless. It was really good.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

The Independent Home representative that came out was very helpful and knowledgeable. He did some measurements. It was a pleasant experience. The installers said they would be here between 9:00 and 9:30. I had to run out and do an errand beforehand and they were here when I got back. They pulled up 20 seconds before I did. They brought everything in and they set everything up. They had to take apart the door to get the tub in then they put the door back together. They showed me how to use the tub and they cleaned up after themselves. The quality of work that they did for the tub is A+.

The only thing is when they went up into my attic, none of my outlets on the outside of my house worked anymore. Somebody called me on Tuesday and I mentioned that when the installers left and they checked the breaker box, they did not go back up in the attic to see if maybe a foot got caught on the wire and disconnected something. The lights were working the night before. I turn those on every night and they did not work the night that the tub was installed.

I got the tub with eight blowers and there are 30 air holes. I got the aromatherapy, the showerhead, and the shower wand. The installers put up a shower curtain, which I was totally surprised with. That was a nice added feature. The only thing is I am a larger woman and it is hard to get in and maneuver around to shut the door of the tub. I step up on the step then close the door then step down and shut it. If I was to do this again, I probably would not get thetub just because my legs are long so it's an awkward position for me to sit in when I get in. Also, I wish there was a little shelf that you could pull out just a little bit. Other than that, I love the tub and I have figured out a way to enjoy it. I will make it work for me.

Original review: July 5, 2022

I was looking for a tub because of the situation that my husband and I are both in. Someone called me from Independent Home, and they came out and talked to me. We knew we needed it and the person that I talked to was not pushy. We've got the one with all the bells and whistles with chromotherapy and aromatherapy. As far as the installation, I got a call from the installers that they were on the way, and they should be here in about an hour. When they got here, they called me to let me know they were outside and they were setting up. They came in to look around to see the path that they have to go through into the house first, and then they went back down.

They unpacked the tub, and they were off. A couple of the guys were carrying things on the inside after they dropped it off and everything down. They brought me outside with the tub turned out there. I got into the tub outside the house and we looked through it. They showed me how to use it and asked me a couple of questions before he asked me if I was okay with it. I was like, “Yes,” and they proceeded to install it. They were finished in about seven hours. They did a really A1 job.

I love the features of the tub. It’s an awesome thing to have. It's made our lives a lot easier. My husband's a cancer patient. At the moment, he's been so weak and I couldn't get him out of the tub. Our new tub has made such a difference in our lives just to be able to get in it and relax. My husband loves it. I'm so in love with the jets. I have a lot of problems with my back, and now, I don't need as many pain pills. I get in here, turn on the jets in the tub, and I just don't need the pain pills because they've relaxed my muscles for me. It works. It makes such a big difference.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Independent Home's sales rep was very cool because he casually mentioned that they had a finance program and I availed of that. But I knew I had the money to do it, so I didn't really bring it up when the guy came to set up the tub. I gave them 5,000 upfront, then I told them I was going to finance the rest of the other 6,000, and he got very upset by the fact that I didn't tell him that before he set the tub up. He was very unprofessional and and when he found out I didn't have $11,000 to give him right then, his whole attitude changed. He contacted somebody that was in his upline and the guy that I talked to ran a credit check while the guy was here. The credit check was approved and he told the installation guy to go ahead and complete the installation. But he was going to take it apart where I couldn't use it. So that guy needs to know a lot more about business.

Perhaps, in the future, Independent Home can screen the people and inform them of the whole program, because he wasn't sure that I was going to be able to pay for the tub. That was a very bad experience with me and my wife was wondering if we were going to get physical with the way the guy was talking to me. Other than that, the young lady that talked to me periodically who was monitoring me and setting up the time for everything was most helpful.

During the installation, they tore open the threshold plate when they were trying to get it inside the house since the tub was too large to get it inside the door. But they jerry-rigged it and put it back down. I'm glad they didn’t leave that completely broken up but I can still see some cracks. They also had to take the bathroom door off and now, I can see daylight between the frame of the door and the room itself. But that's something that I can live with and I'll get something to patch up the little daylight I see. Aside from that, I can see some spaces that were missing where the caulking line is on the front of the tub. When they put the tub in and they caulked that part to seal it, they did not do a very good job. I've seen much better than that.

But the tub works fine. I didn't know about the jets and I like that feature. The pressure from the jets is good and I'm really satisfied with that because they do what I need them to do. They massage, and aid your back, feet, and legs. But I’ll put some kind of shield over the jets on the seat. It's a little irritating because of the pressure coming out and that's a sensitive area where that pressure is making contact with, but that's what you want.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The sales process was okay. Independent Home was the best company that came out here and they were no pressure. The salesperson was very knowledgeable, very friendly, and gave every appearance of being trustworthy and of the company being trustworthy too. Also, the installation was no problem. They installed it in one day and they did all the modifications they needed to do and cleaned up after themselves. I've had no problems with the tub and it's sealed well. The shower is a nice feature and the faucet is capable of putting out a lot of water in a hurry so the tub doesn't take forever to fill up. It drains very quickly too. Independent Home has contacted me to check to see if I'm satisfied. They've done that three times, which is a very good follow-up.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

The sales rep was really nice and he gave a lot of information. The installers were real nice too. They did their work, cleaned up, and left. I use a walker, so the walk-in tub helps me out a lot.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

My wife doesn't fit well in the bathtub. It's going to be removed and they're gonna put in a walk-in shower for her. I had to go through quite a few times to try to get ahold of somebody to get back to me but once we did, they were working on it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

When Randy from Independent Home came in, he was nice and personal, and knowledgeable. So I just told him, "You know what? I don't know if I can afford it. I don't want to really do this. I don't want to spend this money." It was 15,000. It's what he quoted me. He said, "If you are making a deal with me today, you get $4,000 off." I said, "Okay. Sign me up." And they came out. They came when they were supposed to and did everything they were supposed to. But the thing they hook on the wall, they forgot that. So they're mailing it to me. Also, there was drywall dust in my house afterwards, which I had to clean my house. That's what happens when you do construction. But they told me it would take five to six hours and it took them three. They were the best people I've ever dealt with.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Rose, the lady who sold the tub to me, was sweet and did a great job in explaining. I liked her. The guys who did the installation were good guys. They did wonderful work and they were nice guests. They were clean though they shouldn’t lay their tools on people’s granite. It wasn’t a big deal. I was not mad about it, but somebody else would be. I’m pleased with the Independent Home tub. It has been good so far.

Independent Home Company Information