Consumer Reviews and Complaints

14%
  • 3 stars8
  • 2 stars5
  • 1 stars3

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

We bought the Celebrity walk in tub over 5 years ago. The installation was done in a few hours and the job looks today just like it did when the job was done. Our installers left the bathroom cleaner than when they went in I do believe. Those that 'borrow' the tub when staying with us are still impressed. We've used the tub almost daily and it still looks like new. After viewing a Premiere walk in tub our neighbor paid a lot more for, I'm sure we got the best product at the best price.

I saw that Independent Home makes their own products and their guarantee. The sales rep did a great job. He was really nice, polite, courteous and very knowledgeable. The installation team were superb and they tell exactly what was going on all the time. They had to cut a part of the wall out to get the tub in. And when they put that back, I can’t tell if it had been done. They knew what they're doing and did everything so meticulously, perfect, and they cleaned up. I would recommend it to anybody for the good job they did and how well they explained everything.

The Independent Home sales rep convinced us with the model of the tub that we bought. He also answered our questions and everything went fine. Purchasing it was easy. The installation people came in, did their job, showed us the instructions on how to run it, and then left. The only thing is that my husband cannot get completely immersed in the tub while he's sitting there, but, other than that, we're happy with it.

I like my Independent Home tub. After listening to what the salesman said, it sounded right for me because I can't walk good enough. I got the tub with the door in the front, a seat, and a balance bar where you can stand up and grab hold to if you need help. It's easy to shower and bathe in it. I didn’t have to step way up high like in a regular tub. We didn’t have any problem when we purchased the bathtub. We called them, made arrangements about the payments and got it going on. The installation people were quiet when they were doing their job, but they were nice guys. It didn’t take them forever to put it in. I would recommend them because they were good.

My husband called Independent Home and talked to somebody that was helpful. We then got the air jetted tub that is 24 by 40 because it fits our needs. We installed it as my husband’s a contractor. Our purchasing experience went very well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Independent Home had more of the things I needed and wanted. As far as reviews go, they're more of everything than most of the other ones. The sales reps were very nice. I had a couple and they were good salesmen. However, I was disappointed when they were gone and their part was over. Then there came another part that we've no longer negotiated with and had the people reinstalled it. Furthermore, on the installation, I was under the impression that I had to be satisfied and they were under the impression that they were doing what they were paid just to do and that was it. It was a pleasant experience but just like everything, there's just some things that can't work out with one end as it does with the other end. Nevertheless, I'm happy and would recommend them.

The salesman from Independent Home was very nice and if I had a company, I'd want him working for me. I was also very pleased with the installation team. They were very polite, explained how to use it and did a real good job. I like my experience very much.

We had gotten a price from another walk-in tub company a couple of years ago and it was way too high. We heard about Independent Home and I told their rep how much it was. She said they would do it for way less than that so I told them to come out and show it to me. The salesman was very helpful, and he explained everything in great detail. When the workers came, they got everything done. They had to come back out and do one thing for us that they didn’t have time to do before, and everything went fine. I enjoy using the tub's massaging jets as it's very relaxing.

A friend of mine who lives out of state had purchased an Independent Home Walk-in Tub a year ago and he told us about it and gave me their address and phone number. We got the Deluxe because it's bigger and my father is a big man and he liked it. He also likes the air jets and the hydrotherapy with it. The installers were also very nice and friendly.

Independent Home's walk-in bath tub is great and I really like it. The salesman was very thorough. He spent an hour and a half and we talked about the price. He showed me a lot of things that would tell me what a quality product it was so I'm well pleased with it. It was the best deal I could get. My bathroom is so little that it had to be the style that replaces the shower and it worked out great. They did a really good job.

My daughter was worried about me trying to get in and out of my tub so she called Jacuzzi and made an appointment for me. Jacuzzi came and it was going to be $17,000. I could not pay that and I said no. Then Independent Home called in. They came and gave a price where I could see my way of getting it. The sales representative was very nice and a real person.

The installation team had trouble putting the tub in though. And it was 11 o'clock before they got out that night. So I was tired by the time they got ready to leave. And there was a piece of little tube that they were supposed to leave me, which they never left. I called one of the members of the team several times and he kept saying he’s going to mail it but never did. So I called the home office and someone called me from there yesterday and was checking up and will get in touch with the installation guy. But I'm happy with the tub. I have been enjoying getting in it. I probably do the hydro therapy maybe a couple of times a week. That's the time I use the sit-down shower. It's easy to shampoo my hair in and it's nice to be able to take my bath like I always did.

I wish my Independent Home bathtub was about two inches bigger, but that's neither here nor there. The salesman was very nice but the installation team could use some improvement. They took a set of decorative towels out of my bathroom and used some of my towels out of the closet without asking and those bath cloths are expensive. They could've gone to Home Depot or Lowe's and gotten some work towels but they didn't. However, it wasn't the head of the crew because he didn't know a thing about it. I didn't either until the crew was gone and it was this one guy that was with them that did it. I could tell by the way he was walking around and looking. Also, they didn't wear the little boots in the house like the salesman told me they would so I'm still trying to get my wood floors back up to par.

An Independent Home dealer came out and showed their product to us. We were going with the pros and cons of each one. We’re getting up in age and we wanted to be prepared. If we became incapacitated and having to be wheelchair-bound we wanted it to be accessible. We got the wheelchair accessible bathtub and we're enjoying it. It’s relieving my husband’s back. He gets out in the garden and then he gets into the tub. He is able to relax in using them. Additionally, the installers were a joy. They let us know exactly what they were doing and that there would be a lot of noise. We had a good rapport with them. We recommended Independent Home to our neighbor. She ordered and they have installed hers.

I got the biggest model Independent Home has because I'm pretty large myself. Their salesman was nice and very good. He sold me in one sight. The installation team was very nice as well and they are courteous men. I appreciate them.

A representative of Independent Home called and we were interested so they came. They were very thorough in explaining everything to us and they answered all of our questions. Then they gave us time to think about it. We had already had some thoughts that we needed it since we're both 82 years old and getting in and out of the bathtub is tricky. Our experience with their sales representative was pleasant or we never would've continued with it.

The installation team also did a very good job. The tub looked very finished, and it looked like it had been that way forever. I was very impressed. In fact, last evening they called to see if everything was still okay and if we had any questions or any problems. And we hadn't had any problems. It was nice and I felt really good about that. I felt like if there was anything not upfront, that they would not call back like that.

Purchasing the walk-in tub wasn't difficult. It took us three weeks because we were at doctor's appointments so we had missed quite a few calls, but once we got where we could sit down and talk to their guy and have everything explained, we decided to go with it. My husband recently had hip surgeries and it was thought that the tub would help massage him and give him his strength back, and now he's already feeling a bit of a difference. Independent Home had a great installation team. They told us it would take four hours and it did, they were done and out. The tub is great, but in filling it up it has to go to a certain level before one can start on the jets. But other than that, my husband and I enjoy it. I would recommend it.

Our experience with Independent Home has been great. It was nothing but the best. They have the best price and their reps have been great. They were outstanding people, top of the line, very honest and hardworking. Their installation team was great too. They're very outstanding as well, very professional and concerned. They made sure they did it right and they didn’t tear up our bathroom. They're very conscientious. In fact, my wife said we should have done it a year ago.

Independent Home had a salesman come out. We sat and talked for about 30 minutes and I decided that's the tub I wanted. It's one that would fit in my bathroom. The installation team was very good. They put it in, we turned it on and it's been working fine ever since. I like my bathtub and it's been real good. I've been using it every other day.

Independent Home came out, talked to us, gave us their literature, and we just decided to go with them. My husband is in a wheelchair since he's handicapped and a walk-in bathtub works best for him. Purchasing it was easy and their installation team was really good. However, either I misunderstood or was misinformed, but I thought there would be more jets in the bottom since my husband's feet needs a lot of circulation. The tub has only two little-bitty jets down in the bottom. Nevertheless, I'm satisfied with the overall experience.

We were wanting a bathtub that was a little bit different than everyone. We wanted one with the door that opens out. We got older and bigger. We were worried about getting in the bathtub so I got us an Independent Home walk-in bathtub. The guys that put it in were really nice. We like it but we feel it’s an older model. When we see it on TV or the internet, they all look so much newer. The salesman, Larry, was very nice and tried to explain everything to us, but he didn’t offer any heated seats or colors. But he did say, however, that it'd be an extra $500 if we wanted the heated seat. It really was not that good and I didn't need it 'cause my bathroom is always warm.

I’m pleased with the tub but it doesn’t seem to have a really high speed. The low speed is not that great. This has 28 jets or little bitty pinholes. It could’ve been a little bit bigger or had a little bit better holes. The walk-in tub is a good product, probably no better than the rest. But I’m disappointed with it. I thought I’d be able to lay down more, too, but I don’t. My back hurts and my feet and legs really bother me. They don't seem to get a whole lot better there. Everything was good, though.

Independent Home was the cheapest walk-in bathtub I could get and it's working okay. The salesman was persistent. I told him it’s too expensive. That’s the problem with them. It’s like hearing aids. Those dinky things are $3000, $4000, $5000, $10,000, and they don’t bat an eye. He said the tub was ordered by a doctor who decided he didn’t want it. So the doctor had paid some money on it but couldn’t get it back, and that was to my advantage. They were offering it for about $9000 at one point and I got it for $7000. The installation team did a good job, too.

I like the bubbles that our walk-in tub gives us and the tub fits into the bathroom that we needed it to fit into. The dealer was excellent and the installation team was fantastic. They were very friendly and they cleaned up better than it was when they got here. It was a very relaxing and comfortable experience with Independent Home.

Independent Home's price was right and their salesperson was nice. The installation of the bathtub was fast as it took only half a day. I like how I can sit down in the tub and everything's right there. The bathroom looks nicer with it.

I chose Independent Home due to their price and that it was local and manufactured here, which made it easy to follow-up instead of going through a chain of command. Their salesman was straightforward, honest and very pleasant. I like him. The installers were nice and very informative about the tub and how long they were doing it. They did a great job.

One time, the water wasn't warm enough for me so I called them and within 30 minutes, they called me back and said they would be right out. Then, my grandson figured the hot water heater wasn't high enough, so he turned it up and it has been fine ever since. It wasn't a problem with the tub. They called to make sure I was okay and said they were going to come out, but I told them they didn't need to. Good follow through from them which was nice. The only thing I would like is that if the door was a little longer or wider, so when I stepped in and over, I don't have to wedge up to get in before I sit down. It's hard to spin around in it to get in and out. But other than that, it's great and I love it. I have recommended Independent Home.

My mother had been wanting a walk-in bathtub for a long time. She already had someone come to the house which she was extremely unsatisfied with. He was so pushy and rude when he found out we were wanting to look around. He was very unhappy that we weren't gonna get it right at that second. Then I found Independent Home online and when we called them, the gentleman that she talked to was so nice and helpful, and everything went smoothly.

The installation team was very good as well. The only problem that she had was that the heater wasn't connected, and so the air that it was blowing was cold. She was also having trouble with her hot water at the same time, and she had a hard time getting them back out to fix that. The hot water was not an issue of theirs; it was the heater in the tub itself that heats the air. But when they came, everything was wonderful, and she loves it. The tub's beneficial because she's getting so much out of it and this has just been great.

Independent Home had a couple of nice features in their walk-in tub and after talking with them and going over the price, we decided to go with them over other manufacturers. I was just in the market and they were giving me the right answers. The dealer who assisted me with my purchase was very nice, knowledgeable, answered all my questions, took all the measurements and looked over everything. Then we negotiated a good price. The crew that came to put it in was a two-man crew. They came in and they removed all the old stuff, rearranged everything, put the tub in and had it in at the end of the day, and everything cleaned up and hauled off. They’re very nice and professional from start to finish. All in all, Independent Home has good customer relations and crew. We didn’t have to redo anything and didn’t have to go over anything twice. They are very customer-oriented and a professional group.

I got an estimate for a tub about five years ago and I liked it then, but I couldn't afford it. Now, I have a lot of time. My husband passed away and I'm not working anymore. I felt that I needed a nice tub to live the rest of my years in. It'd take care of my sore back that I have had for years. The dealers for Independent Home were all very good. I like the whirlpool of the walk-in bathtub. Their people did a good job although my son says every once in a while the air goes through the lines. I talked to one of the managers the other day and he said to have my son call and explain to him what it was because I wasn't sure. We heard and noticed noises that we hadn't heard before. But otherwise, we love it. It's very relaxing and I show the tub to everybody that comes in. It's been a good experience.

The guy from Independent Home showed us a couple of things and we decided to have this one particular tub. It's what we wanted. The other one was a little bit elegant but it was $2500 more. Two men came over for the installation and they told me what they were going to do. They did the job in one day. They did what we wanted and they did a good job. They cleaned up everything and so far the tub is working fine. We're happy with it.

I've first seen walk-in bathtubs in one of the AARP magazines and chose to have one from Independent Home for their price. I looked into one tub company and talked to two other places. I was hemming and hawing around whether to get one or not and Independent Home came to talk to me about it. I said, "Well, maybe we had decided that we’d go ahead and get another one through another outfit." I called the other company back and I said, "You know, I'm really not interested simply because of the price. I really can't afford that kind of money right at this particular time."

Then the next day, an Independent Home guy called and said, "One of our guys had been out there and said that you were contemplating on one but didn't push through because of the price. Well, what kind of price are you looking at?" I told him, "I just really can't afford that kind of money." And he said, "Oh, yeah. I don't blame you, but I can put you into one that is a lot cheaper than that." We got to talking, worked at a deal, and we got it done. I like the ease of use of the tub and since I basically got it for my wife, she uses and enjoys it. The whole experience was excellent. I had no problems with anything and everything went smoothly and accordingly.

We got the tub with the warm air and water. It's comforting and the massage makes me feel so much better. The Independent Home dealer was very nice and handled everything so well. When we asked questions, they went beyond what was asked of them. When the installers came to put the tub in, they were so helpful and kind and wanted to be sure we were happy with what they were doing and that they weren't interfering with our life in any way. They had to take off the door and widen it so they could get the tub in, and were just as careful as they could be. They cleaned up everything that they had to take down and put it all back like they found it. I'm handicapped, and they were exceptionally good to me.

Independent Home Company Profile