Call toll free
4.73/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

519 Independent Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Install was efficient, clean, and thorough. Full explanation of tub operation including cleaning and maintenance. Randy was very thorough and organized. Very happy with every aspect from sales to installation. Installers were early and did an amazing job. I have lived in many houses over the years and never have I been so pleased as I am today.

Hi Pasty,

Thanks so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your walk in tub!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had fallen on the shower a couple of times and my wife had also. We are getting up in age and so we needed something that we could just step in and take a shower as opposed to keep stepping up in the tub and taking a chance on falling. We ended up getting a walk-in shower from Independent Home and it was outstanding. We are enjoying it. We got it for the future and now I do not need the wheelchair ramp. Their team did great with the installation, too.

Hi George,

We are glad to year that you and your wife are enjoying your new walk in shower! Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We have been looking at walk-in bath tubs for some time. My wife was having extra problems and a phone call came from Independent Home so we might as well take a look at it. The salesman did a wonderful job of going through the differences between Independent Home's bath tubs and their competitors'. Also, he shared his own personal experience with his tub, and looked at where we want to put in, making sure it would work.

We got a walk-in bath tub that’s a bit wider so it would be easier for my wife. Independent Home's team was very professional about the installation. They looked at a couple of different options. I was thinking of one that might work, but that didn’t. The team came in and did a good job of getting the tub taken care of. The only thing I had to touch up on after they left was a little bit of the caulking that they put down there. As it started to dry, there were a couple of gaps so I took care of them. Also, where the old shower head was, you got a little hook type thing to put up there. When I took the tape that the installer had up there, after a few days off, it didn’t stay so I got a different hook that I could put up there. I filled it with some more caulking and waited for that to dry.

We are enjoying the bath tub very much. It’s a different kind of experience of bathing than what I had for the last several years where it just had been showers. But my wife always liked to soak and she missed that. She is very much enjoying being able to go in and soak. Also, the jetting seems to help her mobility. The salesperson convinced me to try to do it also. The muscle relaxes. I like it. I sit there and read for a while and relax.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The installation was professional and clean. They showed up on time, very clean. the walk-in tub works great. Well done. Job was completed in 1 day and we were able to enjoy the tub that night. They removed all trash and followed up with an item that was missing (pillow) right away.

Independent Home response

Hi Kathleen, Thanks for taking the time to share you experience with our installers. We are glad you are enjoying your tub! Have a great weekend!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

When I got a call from an Independent Home salesman, I told him to come and talk to me because I was interested and I had been looking at different products. He came and I liked him very much. He was very nice and not pushy. He gave me the information I requested. I told him at that time that I might not be doing it for a while and he told me that it was perfectly all right. He then asked that I keep the information and when I'm ready, to just give them a call and they'll come and talk to me. Eventually, we decided to go ahead with it. The men who came to install the smaller model bathtub were excellent. They were very polite, they tried not to disturb us and they cleaned up after themselves. They came, did everything they had to do and were out in a day. They even kept in touch with me. So far, the bathtub is fine and I like it very much. Everything looks great.

Hi Evelyn,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for your recommendation of Independent Home Walk In Tubs.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Thank you so much for my walk in tub... I'm really looking forward to using it. The entire process has been great and I found they salesman and installer to be quite caring and very professional. I will refer them to my friends.

Independent Home response

Hi Sheldon, Thanks for offering to refer us to your friends! We are glad you were happy with the entire process.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Independent Home has good workers who are easy to work with. But, one thing I didn't like was the financing. I didn't know they were gonna sign me up for a credit card, which I didn't appreciate. I closed it right away. It had been raining in the backyard when the installation team came. Despite the flooding, they did a wonderful job.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I received a call from Independent Home and spoke with a gentleman who set up an appointment with us. He came by and we had a discussion. At my age, I had fallen a couple of times in the tub. I have bad knees and hip so I didn't want anything to sit down on. It might have been difficult getting in and out so I wanted a shower and it was exactly what I was looking for. He presented a walk-in type shower. He said that they could handle everything, and it worked out fine.

I enjoy my walk-in shower. It is safe and I really like the idea of the walk-in. It has an onyx type of material that they applied and it has a bench inside. Independent Home's workmen came and installed everything. It took them a little longer than required but they stuck it out and did such quality work. We had a couple of little points that were kinda sticky, but the gentleman that was in charge of the crews listened to it and he made everything right. They made everything work and I'm very satisfied with it.

Independent Home response

Hi Steve, Thanks for sharing your experience about your walk-in shower installation. We are happy you are very satisfied with it! Have a great day.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I love the tub! I like the spa the best because we've got six acres and after working outside, I take a shower upstairs, get things organized in the house then I'm like, "Okay, it's spa time. Don't disturb me.” I have my music and drinks. Aside from that, the gentleman who had come from Independent Home was also wonderful. He just sold us. I had seen the walk-in tub ads on TV but I like something more personable and it was like we had known the gentleman all our lives. He was very down to earth and straight to the point. He was also wonderful about answering any questions and what our concerns were. The installers were wonderful too. Those were good old country boys and that's what I like. They showed us how it worked and they were excellent.

Independent Home response

Hi Priscilla, Thanks for the kind words! We are so happy you love your spa!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Jay was very courteous, explained everything, very good work ethic. Communication was excellent. Very pleased from start to finish. You should keep this guy! He is great! We love our new walk in shower. Will recommend to our friends.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with your products and our installation teams. We are happy you love the walk-in shower!

Independent Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Independent Home was about half the price of the other people we had gotten to come out. We like the salesperson who came out, too. He was very knowledgeable, wasn't pushy, and he really liked who he worked for. He said they were young, but they were really good and he haven’t had any problems since he start working for them. I'm a large lady, and the people at Independent Home weren’t sure which tub would fit with me even though the guy measured me. They didn't know which would work best for me. They sent two different tubs so that I can make my choice. They freighted two of them just for me to look and pick. That was at their expense just to please me, and it did impressed.

I got a tub with the door that opens out. It has a spray showerhead that I can put up and keep like a shower, and it can also be hand-held. The installation was done in one day. The installers were nice and they showed us how to use it. We hadn't had a problem with it. Yesterday, the tub didn't act like it wanted to shut off. I let the water out and it kept coming on, and I thought that we're gonna have to call Independent Home but we messed with it a little bit and it quit. I hate push button stuff because that's stuff that I can't do anything about. And I see something we need to address with somebody. The tub needs to have a kill switch or something to be able to cut the electrical off to it if it does that again, because I don't want it running all the time. It'll burn the motor up if it does that. We live way out and I hate for somebody to have to come out just for one little glitch. But if it keeps doing that, we'll have to call them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The installers were very professional. We were kept informed as to what was happening and what the next steps in the process would be. Now that it is completed the shower looks great. We need to wait a couple days to use but we are looking forward to enjoying it for many years.

Hi Wallace,

Thank you for your recommendation of Independent Home and we are happy that you will be enjoying your walk-in shower for years to come! Have a great day.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

When I spoke to Independent Home's charming salesman, everything went well. We tested their walk-in tub models and we took it. Their installation team was wonderful. They were able to take the old tub out and reinstall another in one day. It was amazing. So far, our experience with the walk-in tub has been very good, but I don't like to sit there that long during hot times. Still, I'm happy I have it.

Independent Home response

Hi Biruta, Thanks for recommending Independent Home Walk-In Tubs. Have a great day!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Tub Install - Great experience from my first phone call to the final install. This company was on top of everything. Would recommend them to friends and family. The quality of the work and also the product are top notch. This was not an easy job. Thank you for all your hard work. Happy customer.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I’m disabled and I’m having trouble getting into the bathtub. So, I purchased a walk-in bathtub from Independent Home and everything went well from their salesman to the installation. When I had questions about the financing, there was a number of a gentleman that I called and he was very professional and very quick to answer. The installers were very good, too, and they did an excellent job. A the time, my toilet was running and they even fixed that. They were quick to get in and get out as well.

But originally, I wasn't too thrilled with Independent's mode of financing. I had never seen a company financed through opening a credit card and they have to be a little bit more succinct about their financing deal. I got a new credit card member's paperwork that said it was a 25% but my agreement was at 7.5%. So, those were the questions on my phone calls. But in the end, it worked out fine. If a friend of mine would ask me about Independent Home, I would say that buying a walk-in bathtub from them is cheaper than getting a permanent injury and a stint in a nursing home while you heal if you’re disabled.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Jason and Josh were very pleasant. They came on time and worked hard and very fast. They cleaned up very well the whole time they were here. The spa looks great and will be a wonderful and safe addition to our home. We can't wait to use it.

Hi Peggy,

Thanks for your recommendation of Independent Home Walk-In Spas! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 26, 2018

We were cruising the internet and my husband picked out four tubs to look into and the Independent Home walk-in bathtub was one of them. The gentleman who came out, Murray, was very pleasant. He answered all the questions, and I had several in-between. The price was also much more reasonable than a couple of the others. We ended up going with the middle of the line model. It’s wide and it’s a 32. It’s the widest they had and it fits just right. I wanted the door on the outside and the most necessary thing I needed was I wanted to have it wide enough so I wasn’t wedged in there like a sardine. I’m wide and I wanna make sure I had enough width to fit comfortably on the seat. It was fit into the space that we had perfectly. The installation team was fast. Though they had to cut our bathtub out with a very noisy tool, we didn’t even know they were there. They did it all in one day and cleaned as they went.

Additionally, Independent Home was gonna work with us on the pay because we were getting money back from the house and we were waiting for that to come in before we committed to paying for the tub. Originally, they had said that we can do it or wait until the money comes in, and we’ll just schedule then. The rep said we could do the credit card and we would take our money and pay it off. However, we got the credit card and paid for the tub on the credit card. Now, we are paying off the credit card. Still, the experience we had with Independent Home was friendly and efficient.

Independent Home response

Thanks for taking the time to provide a detailed review Kathie! We will be sure to share your story with Murray and we are glad you had a pleasant experience with us!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: July 25, 2018

Jason and Josh were very respectful, clean and organized. They are very hard workers. We love our new shower. It looks terrific and we can't wait to use it. They cleaned up everything very well so we didn't have to.

Independent Home response

Hi Aubrey, We are happy to hear you love your new shower and that you were treated well by Jason and Josh!

We will be sure to let them know. Have a great day!

Independent Customer Care Team

Original review: July 24, 2018

I’ve looked at a bunch of walk-in bathtubs that’s on television locally and I have some issues with not doing local labor. Then a lady who is one of Independent Home's exterior staff people called and talked to us about thinking about walk-in bathtubs. She was consistent and willing to adjust to my timetable. It would be different if I made $200,000 a year and there was never enough money to worry about. But the issue was I needed to talk to her a couple of times, and she was persistent in a nice way. She also made sure that she calls back when she said she would.

I like the idea of doing the bathtub installation in one day instead of dirt and tearing the place apart. Their installers said they'll come, and they came at 10:00 o’clock in the morning. The two fellows that came worked very well together. They worked with us if we had some questions. They had to do some adjusting and some modifications that I suppose were just normal for them. They also took with them our large old corner tub out and I did not have to dispose of it. They didn't bang up all the rest of the walls and the furniture, too. They took out the shower that was there and took it with them as well. They left that shower stall in such condition that my carpenter could come in and build a cabinet for towels, so that was good.

They were still here at 7:00 pm, but it was all done and done perfectly and I have no callbacks of any kind, except to tell them that I like using it. The bathtub is a little different than what I had been used to. But I know, going forward, if I need a tub like it, either for getting in and out of it instead of crawling over the side of the tub, that part is taken care of when I’m in a wheelchair someday. The Independent Home walk-in bathtub is really easy to use and there are no leaks.

Hi Franklin,

Thanks for choosing Independent Home and for your kind words about our installation team and our products! Have a great day.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: July 23, 2018

I had a phone call from the Independent Home salesman, Randy, who was in my area and wondered if he could come talk to me. At my age, I have a problem getting in and out of the tub. I needed a walk-in bathtub but I had heard first that they were going for $25,000 and that was prohibitive. But when Randy told me the price of $10,000, I knew I needed to get it. The installation team came around 8:00 in the morning and then were out by 1 o’ clock. They were wonderful, very competent, professional, and they knew what they were doing. All I had to do was stay out of their way and they did a great job. Now, I feel wonderful and I should've gotten the tub sooner. But I also hope the price is coming down because elderly people really need the tub. It’s a lifesaver. I’m a physician of many years’ experience and at my age, every woman, especially who lives by herself, should have an Independent Home bath tub. So, by all means, go get it.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We purchased a walk-in tub from Independent Home and the dealers were very nice. They were also very informative and they got in right and quickly. The installation was perfect as well. When the installers got through, they were very professional and nice. However, Independent Home didn't tell me how much it was gonna cost me until I got deeper into it but other than that, it was fine. All in all, Independent Home did the best job that could have been done.

Original review: July 16, 2018

The tub installation was exceptionally thought out and executed. The surrounding woodwork enclosure was very well done and because of the change in floor size Jay expertly installed flooring. We are extremely pleased with the result and would recommend it to anyone. Jay was very easy to work with, agreeable and knowledgeable and consulted with us every step of the way. Well done!

Independent Home response

Hi Deb, We will be sure to pass on your praise to Jay regarding his expert installation work. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Bathroom remodel - The end product is very nice and will be used extensively. Issues during installation were resolved quickly. The only concerns I have found so far is with a grab bar crooked and misaligned corners on the tub shelf. These are correctable problems that I have not yet reported.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The people who installed my Independent Home walk-in tub took a small space and found more space, so they can put the tub in there. They eliminated an awful lot of my storage areas, but that was a small sacrifice for having the tub. The tub is different and has built-in water jets, which are nice. But, the biggest thing for me about this tub is that I can sit down. What I do when I get in is I shower as the tub fills, and then once the tub fills, I turn those jets and sit there for a few minutes. It feels good when I'm in there, but it tires me out. And as I'm readying for bed, I pull the plug and it empties quickly which is good. I never have to freeze to death waiting for the water to go away. I would recommend Independent Home.

Independent Home response

Hi Edward, Thank you for your recommendation of Independent Home. Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: July 12, 2018

Installer was very friendly and helpful. I felt confident in the work he was doing. He explained everything as he went along which helped me understand. And also when he was finished showing how it worked. I have no negative thoughts about his work or his manner. I love the end product.

Independent Home response

Hi Dorothy, Thank you for sharing your experience with Independent Home. We are happy to hear you love the end product!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was 100% satisfied with Independent Home. We liked the way the tub looked. Our purchasing process with them went well. The sales rep came out and we were informed of what would take place and it basically took place that way. We then negotiated the paperwork when the two men came to install it. Everything went smoothly and they did a good job. Overall, I would recommend Independent Home to anyone.

Hi Robert!

Thank you for your recommendation of Independent Home Walk-In Tubs!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: July 6, 2018

I really like the walk-in tub I have from Independent Home. My knees have stopped bothering me so much which was driving me crazy for a lot of years. During the installation, the installer was friendly and helpful. He is also going to change a few things if I ask for it.

Independent Home response

Hello Joy! We are glad to hear that your knee pain isn't bothering you so much now that you are using the walk in tub. :)

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: July 5, 2018

Gerald ** and his crew were great. They were efficient, friendly and knew their job. They did a fantastic job with the install. The tub and bathroom looks wonderful and they left it as clean as before they came. I highly recommend him.

Independent Home response

Thanks for your note Kim! We are happy when you are happy!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Great experience, Dean and Angela were wonderful to work with, thank you very much! Everyone was very friendly, courteous, and professional. Would highly recommend them to anyone. Can't wait to try out the new spa. Dean worked through some hard places to get my spa installed and running great!

Independent Home response

Hi Priscilla, Thank your for sharing your experience and for your recommendation of Independent Home. Have a great day!

Original review: July 3, 2018

My husband had a medical procedure that required a walk-in shower. Our old shower had an 8-inch step-up into the shower and that wasn't gonna work. When I went online and investigated, somehow my name came up on Independent Home's list and they called me. We made an appointment with the salesperson to come and talk with us and make a pitch, we got the information from them and it was something that could be done rather quickly. My husband was tired of having to try to get from a wheelchair onto a shower chair into a tub, and I was tired of trying to step up into the shower because I have a bad knee. They met our needs and did it in a timely fashion and at a reasonable cost.

The installers from Independent Home were great. We had them install a shower and they were professional. They cleaned up after themselves, answered all of our questions and showed us how to use the devices. The shower's easy to get into and out of, it's safe and has lots of grab bars on it to facilitate my husband getting in. It has a shower chair that was installed at the same time. Everything works fine and we love it.

Hi Mary!

Thank you for sharing your experience! We work hard to provide the best customer service and quality bathing solutions.

Independent Home expert review by Shelley Webb

A manufacturer of walk-in bathtubs and showers since 2002, the company was started with the simple mission of helping people have a safe, enjoyable bathing experience without being inhibited by mobility problems.

• Walk-in tub standard features: Walk-in tubs from Independent Homes come with standard features that include a low 5-inch step-in, a built-in safety grab bar, a soft touch electronic control panel, textured seats and floors, aerotherapy and hydrotherapy spa systems and more.

• Draining: Select tubs are equipped with a cable-operated 2-inch fast drain system and a pump-operated speed drain. These tubs can be drained in 90-120 seconds.

• Wheelchair-accessible tubs: Independent Home’s wheelchair-accessible bathtubs have outward-swinging doors that open 37.5 inches. The tub’s chair is 21 inches high to allow for easier access from a wheelchair.

• Specialty tubs: Independent Home offers specialty tubs like bariatric models, compact walk-in tubs, models with attached lifts and walk-in showers.

• Customer support: Independent Homes offers customer support through email, online chat and over the phone. You can call or email them for a free estimate.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility and senior citizens who want to maintain independent lifestyles.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Independent Home Company Information