Independent Home

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

As an educated consumer I have been accused of being obsessive about "doing my research". The fact that this purchase of a walk-in tub was for my mom made me be even more diligent. That's when I came across Independent Home online. From my initial call with Ari I felt at ease with his concern and desire to accommodate us with whatever we would need. He visited her home and I must say that this is where he belongs... In your home.

As a nurse I am sensitive to the fact that those in the "home care" world must have empathy... He listened intently to the details of mom's latest fall. He picked up right away on my anxiety given the fact that I live out of town and am trying to do whatever I can to make her home as safe as possible. His calm, caring demeanor allowed me to be able to hear all the information he was sharing with me. After a few minutes with his tape measure he laid out a plan for us. I never felt pressured or uncomfortable with the decisions I needed to make regarding the tub model that we chose.

On installation day my "crew", Riaz, Roberto and Brian, showed up at the door ready and prepared for the day. I was taken back by their care and respect for my mother's home... not the usual with my experience with contractors/installers. They listened to me, listened to Ari who had spoken with them before they came and did not stop working for the entire time they were here!! The ancillary concerns I had when I initially met with Ari were carried out by the crew to a T. Roberto went over everything with me during the demonstration of the tub operation and I was thrilled with the entire experience. If you don't choose Independent Home for your tub purchase and installation I wish you luck. 5 stars does not say enough. Thank you so much IH... Please consider this review a verbal hug!!!

I met a good man who came to the house and explained a whole lot of things about Independent Home. During the installation, it took the installers eight hours to put the walk-in tub in which was good. They knew what they were doing and everything was all right. I'd recommend them to anybody.

Independent Home had a beautiful installation. Their installation team was very good. I feel, though, that I wasn't ready for it. I shouldn't have invested in it. My own shower had a lower threshold than this tub does, and it was easy just to step in and out. My own shower was roomier and I could maneuver better. I get into a fight with the shower curtain every day but it functions well. It's a wonderful product as far as using it for a tub but water is so expensive here in Verde Village. As a matter of fact, after I got the unit, I discovered that my hot water heater was inadequate. So I had to spend an additional amount of money in getting a new hot water heater.

I use it every day as a shower. However, I don't have time anymore to sit and enjoy the tub for a while. I've only filled it once since I've had it. Nonetheless, I would recommend to anybody that wants that kind of installation but the first thing that a person ought to do is to know how many gallons it takes to fill it and if they have a rapid recovery hot water tank that has the capacity to fill the tub. Because on my end, there were still four inches to go to the top of the jet and my hot water was already gone. People should at least check if they would need to get a new hot water tank.

I got online and Independent Home was the first one to call me back. The rep was very friendly and knowledgeable. He's also not too pushy. The installation team was very professional and they did a great job. They cleaned up after themselves as well. I would definitely recommend them. However, we can only fill up our walk-in bathtub below the jets. The hot water tank isn't big enough. We fill it up halfway with hot water, wait an hour and a half and then we climb in over the top.

My contractor gave me Independent Home's phone number and I called them to order the walk-in hot tub. I told them what I needed and they took care of it. However, there was trouble with its arrival. Nobody notified me that it was scheduled for pick-up and it sat around for almost a week waiting for me to go pick it up. What happened was they sent it to my contractor instead of sending it to me. But he didn't see it and I had to do a little work to figure out where it was and how we could pick it up. Then I had my own people install the tub. I like it but it uses hot water like crazy. And if I want to fill the tub, it empties the entire tank. I'll need a 30 or 40-gallon tank. If I had known it was that deep, I wouldn't have gone with it because now I need to have a larger water heater in my house.

The cost of Independent Home bathtub was better for me. That was the reason why I chose them. The one I got has air bubbles but there are no jets in it. The installation was good. I had a problem a couple of weeks ago with the strike plate. But they came right out and repaired it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

It was great with Independent Home all the way through. We went with them for our tub because I like the way that the sales was presented and gave me a lot of information. Getting the tub was something that we had thought about, but the sales rep had all the information available and facts about the other companies that was good as far as getting somebody else in for a second or third opinion. We talked about the model that would work for us, and it was everything that I had expected. Our tub's got the shower attachment, which is great. It also has the air bubbler, which works wonderfully. So, it was everything that I've wanted in a tub and I couldn't ask for anything more.

It was all good with the installation team. We were able to do the preset in our garage. It was a cold, nasty winter day when they were here, so that worked out great. The guys jumped right in and took over, and they got the old tub out and the new one in. They worked hard and had everything in and going by the end of the day. There wasn't a wasted moment at all, and by the time they were all done, we were ready to go. The tub has been perfect ever since then.

I had been interested in finding out some information about the walk-in tubs because I'm 74 and I walk with a walker because of back surgery that did not go well. The gentleman from Independent Home called me and wanted to come by about the walk-in tub so my husband and I said yes. He came, explained to us all the pros and cons of this walk-in tub and that because of the jets, it was supposed to be good for us, health-wise. My husband decided that that would be okay, so we bought it and had it installed on the same week in one day. It was really fast and they did a fabulous job of installing it. It was a lot of work and they got it done and it looks great.

My only complaint so far is that the jets are small and they churn up the tub. All that is good but they blow air. I was under the impression that all of them blew out the warm water that fills up your tub but this one just blows air. I thought they were all the same but we never did really get into that because I didn't know that they were different. It is a 5-inch step but it really didn't make much difference. Some of them are a little bit lower but I don't have a problem with that. I just have to be careful of getting in and out and hold on to something. They install grab bars at the right place and so far, it's been really great.

We called Independent Home, then Steve came out and gave us a price. We accepted it, and then he did the installation himself. The installation went a little longer than it should because he was getting hundreds of phone calls that held him up. It took him six days and he said it would take about three to begin with. But he did good work and was very organized. My wife is in bad health and using our tub is very relaxing to her and she enjoys it. I haven't used it yet since I had a plate right on my Achilles tendon, but I'm free to get in the tub now and I'm looking forward to getting in it. Quality is excellent and I'm satisfied with what we’ve paid.

I told Independent Home what we needed and they chose the 2016 Acrylic Deluxe model for us. The guys that came and put it in were nice and professional. They had to make the bathroom door bigger. We had a sunken bathtub and they had to remove that and go down to the basement. They cleaned up and got everything out of the way. I'd rather not have somebody in my house doing things, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It was noisy because they had to use saws, but it wasn't a bad experience. They let us know when they were coming and they made it as easy as possible.

I had several companies in mind and Independent Home was one of the top knowledgeable ones, so that was cool. They knew what they were talking about. I'm a contractor so I would know if they were spoofing me or not. They gave me a really honest price right off the bat, and their answers were right. They didn't hem and haw, like some of the other ones were doing. It was great purchasing from an Independent Home dealer. They were very quick and responsive. They had a lot of knowledge in the area of what I wanted and it was pretty easy.

I wanted jets for my tub, but then they explained to me how jets can get filthy, and I'm so glad that I got the bubbles only. That is absolutely wonderful. I got everything that I possibly could, except for the jets, the heated seat, and something else that they don't do, but it was great. I wanted a tub that had the door opening in, and this model looked nice and fit my spot perfectly. They said it would and it did. Furthermore, it offered the extra benefit of having a shower and/or tub. A lot of companies don't offer both, and you have to add on, so this was perfect for me.

The installer came out with his son, and it was great and nice with them. I have to deal with installers all the time, and they were absolutely fabulous. A lot of companies will tell you that they'll put runners down and won't cross across your carpet, because I never wear shoes in my house. These guys put everything down so it was all protected, and they cleaned up and didn't leave a mess. I was impressed with them. I really love my tub and I liked the whole experience. When you run it down and ask other people about their tubs, my tub didn't cost as much as theirs but my tub is better. It is gorgeous.

Independent Home was the cheapest, so we got a tub from them that has air jets and aroma therapy and then when we turn on the jets, we can also punch another button that makes it like waves. The Jet feature is my favorite in fact. Purchasing the tub from the dealer was awesome. The manager gave me the cost and we were building a brand new home but we had some problems with the builder so it took longer to build. I kept updating the manager and he kept saying not to worry. When we finally can move in and put the tub in, I contacted him and I thought the price will change because it had been a while but it didn't. The next day, they came out and put the tub in. It was very quick, and the guys that came out were very knowledgeable and cleaned up after themselves. The tub works great. Overall, our experience was great.

In the beginning, I didn't care who I got the tub from. I called other people for the tub and made two or three appointments and they never showed up. But when I called Independent Home, they actually came out and showed up for the appointment to do an estimate so I went with them. The sales rep from Independent Home was great and nice. He explained everything to me and it worked out good. Then, the installation team was really great and they were all nice. It didn't take them till 12 o'clock at night to finish either. The guy explained everything to me and showed us how everything worked. They were also really neat and they fixed everything they tore up. Also, if anything goes wrong, there's a lifetime warranty on it. I can call him in and he'll have somebody close to come out.

I love the tub. I don't have to worry about picking my right leg up high to get in it and I like the seat and the jets in it. Everything worked out for me and even the shower worked good. They put something up where I could put the shower up and high like a regular shower instead of holding it in my hand and they put some bars up to hold on to. It's neat and I have tried to talk people into getting it.

I got an Independent Home tub because I wanted it for my husband's legs. He hasn't gotten the courage to get in it yet, but the tub goes with the other things in the bathroom. The salesman was real nice when he called. But then I got discouraged about getting the tub. We live way out and I thought it was useless. There wasn't much room in my bathroom, and I thought we might be wasting his time. But he came out and we figured out a way to put it in, and he couldn't have been nicer. The installation team was really nice as well. They came in and the installation was quick. They got here about 8:30 in the morning and were gone by 5:00. They worked real hard and got it done. I would recommend Independent Home. I had a couple of other people who asked if Independent Home could put the tub in their trailer.

We saw Independent Home's ad and we thought we'd give them a call, get an estimate and see what we were looking at. But they sounded so good that we went ahead and signed up with it. What stuck out most was the confidence that their rep John has in the product. He sounded genuine like he had experienced and sat in the tub himself and he knew. Also, the installers were very knowledgeable. They went in and told us they've changed some of our plans, which was fine because they were right. It was a two-day installation and it was exactly what we expected. We had one callback because the tub was leaking a bit and they came back the next day and took care of it right away.

It's a sturdy tub and there's nothing flimsy about it. The hardware is very sleek-looking so I was really thrilled with the whole thing. Independent Home did all the trim and everything looked really nice when they were done. It's also not just a bathtub to somebody who can't take a bath. I'm in a wheelchair and I hadn't had a shower in over five months. We didn't know what we were gonna do. We tried all different kinds of showers and nothing was working out the way we wanted it to. When Independent Home came and talked to us, it was like throwing a lifeline to some drowning people. I love the tub and my roommate loves it. It's awfully expensive, but they made things easy and the tub will certainly bring up the value of the house. It's been a very positive experience all the way around and I'd recommend them to anybody that might want or need one.

The guy from American Standard was supposed to come out here but he called that day and said he didn’t wanna come and that tub would be expensive for us anyways. They didn't even ask us if we wanted it or not. Then right after that, this lady called from Independent Home and she sent a guy out the next day and we bought it. He was real nice. And so we just signed up with him and then we got our tub in a couple of weeks. The tub that we purchased got a shower, hot and cold water and air jets. It's a real nice tub. I really like it. The installation team were great. They did a good job and finished it up so it just looks really nice.

I looked at several different walk-in and specialty tub manufacturers and Independent Home had what I wanted. I had one guy come out to make an estimate. We had tile where the bathtub was and he was gonna rip it out, cut out the ceiling, both ends and the side and put plastic or fiberglass all up there. This guy putting it in said, "No, we don't wanna do that. We could take out about four inches above the tub, bust the tub out and leave the walls. Nice fancy tile up there."

The tub works great. I got no complaints against it other than it takes about 50 gallons. I had to have him come back out to reinstall the stool this morning because he used the old gasket where the stool hooks to the sewer pipe and it was seeping a little water. He came out and put a new beeswax ring in there and I think we got it fixed. Everything's about standard as far as everything. They put handles everywhere we needed them. They did a great job sealing it to the tile walls. No water leaks there. It's got the heated air blowing in there. It works fine.

The guy that came out and put it in from Independent Home was here on time. He didn't tear out my expensive tile walls that I had up there. He did a great job installing it in there, cleaned it up nice, left everything. I told him to leave the stool out there 'cause I was gonna store it. Everything went just like it was supposed to. And I had a good experience with them.

Purchasing the tub and having it installed was not difficult, but using it is not as delightful as I had hoped. As soon as I had it installed, I needed to have a new drain line put in so that it would drain rapidly enough. And my hot water heater is not large enough to fill the tub completely. It’s been a little bit of a disappointment and these things should be gone over when discussing purchasing the item. I realized that my hot water tank and my drain lines are not connected, that it’s not part of the tub installation, but it's something that Independent Home should talk to the customer about.

I searched the web about tubs because my husband's in a wheelchair. The other tubs open inward, and he needed one that opens outward. He's a large gentleman and the tub from Independent Home is the perfect product for him. We love our tub. We've had two of them, so far. Now, we're moving into another condominium, which we've closed on already, where we may have to install a tub. We would get the same tub. We're extremely pleased with the product.

Independent Home is perfect, and their product itself is excellent. However, because of the installers, it has not been a perfect experience. In Massachusetts, we had problems with the installer who came from Connecticut. He was not licensed in Massachusetts. We had trouble with him coming back to finish the installation. And here in South Carolina, we had trouble with Steve, our contractor. He is an excellent craftsman but he hadn't paid the electrical bill, and I've been called for three months. He said he will pay it early this week, which we hope.

There were some comparison prices among tub manufacturers and Independent Home was the best. The sales rep was great and he's a nice guy. Also, dealing with the installation team went well. But they were a day late in putting it in because some guys were sick but one of the installation guys came back from his vacation a day early and then flew his son out from Las Vegas to help him. They installed it the next day and they were wonderful. Then, because I couldn't fill it up all the way with hot water because my hot water would run out, he came over and took a look at my hot water heater and recommended something that you install on it and he put that in for me, too. It gave me enough gallons of water to be able to fill up the tub and the water was warm. The work was well done and the place was very clean when they finished.

I got the 28-inch model because I had a small area for them to put in and it's all ADA approved. I have an extra place to hold on to and stuff getting in and out of the tub. It also has all the jets and because they were late in putting it in, they sent me a free pillow to use in the tub. They did a really good job.

We got the bathtub from Independent Home and I was disappointed when I found out after it was installed that it doesn't have a heated seat. For my wife, it is very cold until the water heats it up. But the installers who came out were excellent. They were superb, very knowledgeable, courteous and clean. We enjoy the tub but I wish I would have known that there was a heated seat model. The salesman only showed us one during his sales presentation and that's what we got.

Yale and Jessica from Independent Home are incredible and an asset to your company. They have gone above and beyond to help us with our home walk-in tub with maintenance and installation. Thank you again and we will definitely recommend your company!

My husband and I were interested in walk-in-tubs for a few years but when I injured my knee while moving we decided to seriously look into purchasing one. We researched local companies that manufactured and installed walk-in-tubs and chose a model from Independent Home. We liked the quality of Independent Home's walk-in-tub and we were happy with the price - as it was less expensive than other walk-ins of the same quality. We really appreciated the personal efforts made by Ari (a managing owner of Independent Home) who informed us about every aspect of installing one of their Walk-Ins. Ari also arranged for an excellent plumber/electrician (Tony) to begin the installation of our tub only a few days after the contract was finalized. And Tony did an exceptional job. Independent Home's Walk-In-Tub is great - relaxing and restorative. We consider it to be a good investment for our health and for our new home!

We had to get a walk-in tub because my dad had been in a bad car accident. I wanted him to have a tub, trying to make it easy for him when he got home. My other half was online and the company that she contacted was Safe Step. They were supposed to call us back. Then this person calls us and it turns out it's not even the same company. I met with the salesman, thinking that he's from Safe Step. He showed us photos of their products with the latest and greatest features. I'm just accepting him for his word. Then I had to go back up and get the okay from my father which I did. So I called them and they went ahead put the tub together and arrange for an installation. When it shows up it doesn't look like the one what the salesman showed me. It has these little 18 holes in it and there is an air pump. So for $10,000 I got a bath tub that blows a few bubbles.

I called and I talked to them and the guy told me that this was the latest 2017 model. So I took his word for it and went ahead and let them install it. The guy told me I can't run it, and use it for 48 hours. That gives them plenty of time to get out of town. There was a little smudge on the floor and the guy said that it'll come out and told me not to use any abrasive cleaners. It turns out that it was flawed on the get go and it never got cleaned before they applied the gel coat on the fiberglass.

The first time I used it I felt violated. If you lean back against it, it blows water out of the tub and onto the floor. It didn't do what they said it would do. I could blow more bubbles through a straw. The guy even told me it was quiet but its not. I went online and I started really looking and what we were getting for the money was nothing. I wouldn't pay $1,500 for this tub, it's that bad. At one point I was even willing to pay 500 bucks for the installation and just let them come and get their tub as it is starting to be more of a hassle. When we took it back out, we found out that it wasn't even installed right.

I should have known that they were not from Safe Step when the guy said that this is not the one with the heated seat because that was one of the things that Safe Step advertises. There was a big mix up and I couldn't get these guys to call me back. I even had Discover after I finally talked to a guy. I just let him and Discover go back and forth. Discover tried to get a three way call going between all of this but we can't get a hold of anybody. I don't know how to deal with them and hopefully they just come and pick up their tub and the money has already been credited back to us. So far and I haven't seen any other pending. I guess Discover found it on our favor. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

We are so pleased with the installation, service, and product that we received from Independent Home. Ari and his people were amazing. I love my new tub. I'm handicap and it was close to impossible for me to get in and out of a tub, but now with my new tub I'm in heaven. Ari came to my home gave me the best price ever. I had 4 other companies and their prices knock me out of my wheelchair. I found Ari & Independent Home off the web and his prices blew every other company out of the park. He was kind, funny and most important he meet every one of my needs.

His installer Tony omg he's the greatest. He explained everything he was doing, put drop cloths everywhere and cleaned up so well that you never knew he was working in my home. My dad was a contractor and in my eyes no one could come close, to his work, it was never good enough. I can honestly say & trust me I compare everyone's work to my dad's. Ari, Tony, & Independent Home left me speechless. I'm so happy, thank you so very much for all you done for me. You guys are the greatest!!!

We had a really nice bathtub setup and shower, but the guys from Independent Home were calling around about the bathtub. Then we happen to run into them down in Missouri. The rep gave us a price and we did it. The gentlemen that did the install were really efficient did a real good job. I would recommend them.

I called Independent Home and it seemed like their tub was the kind that I wanted. Their installation team was very good. Though I haven't had the tub that long, I do enjoy using it. I would recommend it.

My experience with the Independent Home sales rep who was also the installer was very good. He and two of his workers completed the installation in a very satisfactory order in seven hours. I would recommend them.

We've been looking at walk-in bathtubs and were thinking about it for years. Our new walk-in tub is alright.The Independent Home team brought a left-handed model and what we needed was a right-handed one. So they went back and got one, brought it back and installed it quickly. The installers were good and they did a nice job. The biggest dissatisfaction is the water heater problem. We don't have a big enough hot water heater so we're wrestling with the decision on what to do about hot water. We weren't alerted to that problem at all. So I'm a little disappointed in that.

We’re very happy with the product of Independent Home. But the gentleman that installed it left a few things undone that had I not caught, could have possibly caused water damage to our floor under the unit. I had to do a lot of extra caulking because without a shower curtain around the tub when it bubbles, the water would have gone over the top and right down the back by where it was installed into the windowsill where there was a half-inch gap all the way across it. The installer was amenable. He and his son were kind, happy, and generous. They did what they needed to do but I don’t know if it was a time constraint or they just missed it. But that was the only complaint that I had about the whole thing. The rest of the stuff they did was excellent.

Out of all the tubs I researched, Independent Home seemed to be the only logical one to go with because their parts are made right here in the United States. So I figured that if we had a problem, we could get it taken care of a lot faster. It'd probably be a better deal. And when I talked to them, they were all very nice. The man that came to our house explained it all to us. We thought he was great and he did a good job. They also got us a finance plan that agreed with what we needed. We're enjoying the tub so far. I've had people who asked me about the tub because I put it on Facebook and I've recommended Independent Home.

Independent Home Company Profile