Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Ella's Bubbles provides the best personalized service and customer support for their acrylic and gelcoat walk-in tubs. With over 12 years of experience, they guarantee you'll be satisfied with their craftmanship and care. All of their tubs are assembled, jetted, and tested to perfection in the USA using UL Certified parts to give you the best valued and highest quality walk-in tub. They never stop investing in development to give you exclusive offers such as the removable stainless steel door, patented swivel tray, exfoliating Infusion™ MicroBubble Therapy, independently operated therapeutic foot massage, and much more!

Ella's Bubbles Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

My sister told me she had gotten a walk-in bath by a different company, so I was looking on the internet to see what I could find. I’ve always wanted a bath because I had a stroke in 2008, and I haven’t been able to get into a bathtub since then. I always heard it was really expensive to have walk-in baths installed and we have to tear out walls. This mobile home has wide opening doors and a big space to put the tub in, so I just got online and checked. And where it says the best tubs, they listed Ella’s tubs as the number one tub to buy for quality. So, I contacted them and finally they got back to me, and we worked out something to where I was happy with the purchase price. And it’s been a nice tub. I’ve enjoyed getting in it.

I had a walk-in shower that did not have a door to it. The salesman with the mobile home dealer said I couldn’t have that because I might be in a wheelchair eventually, and I couldn’t get in that shower with the wheelchair. So, at this point, I’m not needing that. And I said, “Well, if I get to that point, I’ll either go into a home somewhere, or my daughter can come over and put me in the shower.” She’s right next door to me. So, the couple that put the tub in for me also put a sliding glass shower door in for me. And I have a little bit of a step up to get in it. I can make it because I’ve got a safety bar right there already. So, it’s really nice. I can get in the shower without worrying about water running all over the floors, which was a problem before because the shower curtain wouldn’t hold it back. It didn’t have an edge to do that. And now, I can get in the tub if I want to.

The features of my new tub are all really nice. I like the lights. They help. I got chromotherapy with it, and the seat warmer and back warmer so that you can get warm when you get in there and start filling the water up. And it does fill up fast, and it drains really fast for being in a mobile home, and which I was afraid wouldn’t work. I wasn’t expecting it to be that good on draining really fast. I’ve had really good experience with Ella's Bubbles. They’ve all been really friendly, and they sent me messages saying, “Welcome to the family.”

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I looked at some of the features of a walk-in tub after looking at American Standard and Kohler, and Ella's Bubbles had basically the same features, but the price was a lot different. It wasn’t so much the product itself as the install of the product was less expensive. Plus, Ella's Bubbles allowed me to find my own installer when the others didn't. American Standard allowed me to do it as well but the product was still higher than Ella's Bubbles for the same features.

I told Ella's Bubbles what I was looking for and why, and I couldn't afford it at the price they originally quoted me. They asked me if I knew somebody that installs specialty tubs. I told them no and they gave me some things to look for. So, I called a plumber that I knew and did the online thing with specialty installation and came up with one. I told Ella's Bubbles about it and asked if it would void my warranty. They said no. As long as he is a licensed plumber, he can install. As a matter of fact, Ella's Bubbles' branch in Houston is using that same plumber to install additional tubs.

I’ve been really happy with the overall experience. Ella's Bubbles delivered the tub when they said they were gonna deliver it. I had it installed and when I had a problem, they were right on it. I had leakage in the door. It has a lifetime guarantee and they sent somebody down who got right on it and got it fixed. I have no complaints. I’ve told a couple of my friends about it, and one of them did call Ella's Bubbles.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

We found Ella's Bubbles online and did a lot of comparisons. We had some people from other companies come out to the house and demonstrate. A couple of their competitors were pretty darn close on what their tub offered, but price-wise they were better in comparison. One other company that we narrowed it down to was extremely similar and the only difference was that Ella's Bubbles had one extra grab bar and a few extra jets. The price was significantly different though.

We called Ella's Bubbles directly when we were ordering and asking questions and everything was good. The rep was very helpful and answered all our questions. My husband is a plumber and we did the installation ourselves. It was pretty straightforward and it went well. We installed it for my elderly aunt who is wheelchair-bound and has quite a few health issues.

The only thing I could see that was a bit of a challenge with the tub is getting out. It was great that there are two grab bars that help her with getting in, but for someone like her who has difficulty getting up and down, she's only able to use one grab bar when she's sitting in the tub. We have the inward swinging door that swings to the right. When she's in the tub, it would be a huge improvement and help for her to have a grab bar on the top of the edge on the right-hand side as you're sitting in the tub so that there's a grab bar close on both sides to get up off of the seat. But with the way the tub is designed, there isn't a good way to do that.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I was searching for hot tubs or spas and I came across Ella's Bubbles through the internet. I like the selection that they had. Also, I was limited the given sizes and theirs seemed to fit very well. Plus, I liked the options that it had. It had everything that I wanted. We're still in the process of a complete bathroom renovation. We're converting a walk-in shower to a walk-in tub on that end of the house. And Ella's Bubbles' product seemed to have all the features that we wanted. I didn't see anything that raised a flag. Everything seemed very positive at that time.

We purchased the Elite model. We ordered it with all the available options that we could get. That included the dual that they call it which is air plus water. We also got the heated seat and back. But we live in Florida. Still, we thought that would be a good idea because this is gonna be mostly a relaxation device. We also had it with the aroma therapy, the chromotherapy.

The salesperson, Daphne, was absolutely fantastic to work with. We were going back and forth. We hemmed and hawed over a month as I was waiting to determine. We were making sure that everything was gonna fit properly and with all the new tiles being put in. So, she was very patient in working with me. I couldn't ask for a better salesperson. We conversed back and forth for about a month before the purchase was made, trying to make sure that this was gonna be the right fit.

We're still down here in Palm Beach County trying to get building permits. So far, the building permit has been tied up over two months. And sad to say, it is primarily because of Ella's Bubbles. The county wanted to know about the valve and that it had certain specifications. There is nothing in Ella's Bubbles' literature to indicate that it does. So, the county is still waiting. They're not gonna issue that building permit until they know that that valve meets those specifications. So, now the wife of contractor that we hired recently told me that they think they've got that resolved. They were able to get something off a box somewhere. But as I looked at the permit, it's still in question. So, we're kinda stuck on that part of it. Florida, I understand, is trying to standardize the building code. So, at some point, Ella's is gonna have to put that information in their instructions that the valve does meet those specifications.

With Ella's Bubbles so far, since also there was no information on how to use the aromatherapy, I contacted Daphne. She had somebody from technical support contact me with the instructions within a day, so I'm very pleased with that. The aromatherapy allows you to put in a liquid. It's a scent-type thing that's automatically pushing into the stream of water, so that you got good mixing. This is mostly sort of a massage therapy thing. Right now, I'm very happy with the unit. I like that it has an adjustable length to it because of that shelf. Everybody who's looked at it has been impressed.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I'm 80 years old and have not been able to take a bath in over 10 years because I can't get in and out in the stupid thing. The one thing I wanted for myself is a place to sit down, take a bath and relax. When spending money and having to use the tub every day, you want something that fits what you're anticipating, not what it sometimes ends up being. I spent more than two months researching walk-in tubs and decided what I liked and didn't like about them. I had my daughter-in-law look at those up in Dallas. Couldn't find one, decided to go with a shower, and by accident, found Ella's Bubbles' site, went to it, had everything I wanted, including the price.

I called one company in Dallas that sold a specific type of tub. I asked several questions and the girl I talked to couldn't answer it as it was her first day. I've been from the "I don't know" to the people who explained to me. I asked how the tub was made and what the coding was then I got a transfer step-in with all the bells and whistles.

However, I bank with a private bank that has very tight security. When I gave Ella's Bubbles my credit card number, it was refused not because of my bank account balance but because the charge was for a high number and Ella's Bubbles. Ella's Bubbles is a cute name and it could bubble bath, it could be soap, it could be something, and that was the little alert at my bank. I should've called the bank and said that the charge was coming through. Maybe Ella's Bubbles need to add something to the name, like bathtubs. Later, I went online to research the tub again after I purchased it and found that I could've gotten it $150 cheaper at Amazon compared to what the total price is, is inconsequential.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ella's Bubbles?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I bought my Ella's Bubbles XXL Transfer walk-in tub through Wayfair. My son-in-law who is a Journeyman plumber installed it. We had an awful experience with it. We tested it outside and it worked fine, but it leaked like crazy. It had three leaks in the piping underneath. We called Wayfair and they rebated me 50% of the price of the tub. My son-in-law re-siliconed the joints and told me that two of the three that he re-siliconed worked fine and one didn't. He has to scrape the silicon off and try again. Plus, he found another leak. We put in a tray underneath the tub that will pick up any leaks and take them to the sump pit. I don't know what Ella's is doing. All the reviews I've seen on Ella's were very positive, but obviously, something went wrong somewhere.

From all the comments, they talk about testing the tub and making sure that it's not leaking when it leaves the warehouse or factory. Either someone didn't test my tub or they tested it, found the leaks and thought they fixed it. I was very disappointed to have set this all up and tested it and to find even one leak, let alone three, and now a fourth one. It's a nice tub, but it certainly doesn't seem to have been put together well.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was doing searches on two-person tubs, and then got the idea of searching for a two-person walk-in tub that would fit the space that we had. I found it on Ella's website but what also came up was who else sold them and Home Depot did. The Home Depot site didn't seem to be a good place to try to figure out certain things and ask questions. There was a spot on Ella's site where you could email to ask questions and they called me back. They gave me a very good price, essentially equal to what they referred to as the best internet price and they shipped it direct for free. I purchased the Tub4Two five weeks ago. It’s a soaking tub and it’s just a simple one but they have a door. Generally, it’s probably considered to be for senior citizens who want a deep tub where it's too high to step over to get into because it's deep, and you can really fill up the tub and soak.

The rep, Steve, was a very good guy. So, because of the price, we bought it in advance of having our remodeler scheduled to go. There was another lady that we talked to who took care of the accounting and invoicing, and she was good. Then, I ended up talking with a fellow in their warehouse because I wanted to know if they could tell me what day it would be delivered, and they were able to do that. So, it was a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My brother-in-law brought up Ella’s Bubbles and I said that I would see what they got and what was different. Pretty much everybody was close with the product and very similar but I’ve had no complaints. I made my purchase in January and it wasn’t that it took until March to get it in, but I wasn’t satisfied with the installer that Ella recommended at the time in the Chicago area. They came and put the tub in, and I loved it and it looked great. However, it wouldn't keep the water warmed up so, they changed something out. That didn’t do it. They ended up putting in dual tanks and it cost me another $1,500 on top of the tub, which I was not happy with.

At the beginning, Ella’s Bubbles’ installation team was very responsive. It was around Christmas when it happened and they got out after New Year’s. It might have been a 10-day delay only because it was the holidays which I totally understood. When they came out, they looked at my water heater and my electric panel, and then they set a date. It was two weeks out. Ella’s Bubbles’ product seems great but the installer was the issue I had.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I was researching walk-in tubs online and I ran across Ella’s Bubbles. I also spoke to my daughter’s DME place and they recommended a tub from Ella’s Bubbles. My interactions with the sales rep were great. I went to the warehouse and he helped me find exactly what I needed for my daughter who has special health care issues. Everybody seems to enjoy the tub.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We found Ella's Bubbles on the internet and nobody else made the particular tub we were looking at, which was the tub for two. For us, it was like a mini hot tub and we don't have to go outside. Although our interactions with their sale reps were fine, their technical people weren't very good at answering the questions that my husband had. Moreover, their manual was too generic. It said the tub needed a 20-amp circuit breaker, which was a little awkward to deal with. But when he looked at the tub, it only needed a 15-amp breaker. The plumber that installed it cursed it a few times. They were good to bring it up upstairs though and had four guys to do it. Plus, they cleaned everything up.

We had a little bit of trouble with random leakage and found water underneath the tub a few times. One time, it appeared to come from the seal. Then, it drained down through the door latch hole. We found that when using the jets, the water bubbles rather vigorously and gets out but it's not constant. It has a bit of a learning curve. For example, we can fill it and use the jets but if we wanna use the other one, we better not fill it up all the way. We talked to Ella's Bubbles one time, but we figured it out ourselves. We found the door latch very hard to operate to get the door pulled closed and sealed. I've mentioned our Ella's Bubbles tub to other people.

Ella's Bubbles expert review by Shelley Webb

Ella’s Bubbles designs and sells a wide variety of walk-in tubs. Each tub comes with dual drain technology for fast draining, and customers can change the look of their bathrooms with new fixtures and marble shower walls.

• Products: Ella’s Bubbles sells more than 20 models of walk-in tubs, including wheelchair-accessible tubs, two-seat bathtubs and tubs with inward- or outward-swinging doors. Multiple sizes are available, and each comes standard with safety features and dual drain technology. Customers can also purchase a fast-fill faucet and marble walls.

• Safety features: All Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs come with standard safety features including grab bars, slip-resistant floors and an entry threshold as low as 3.5 inches. In addition, Ella’s tubs prevent water burns with thermostatic control valves.

• Luxury features: Many of Ella’s walk-in tub models come with air and water jets that provide a patented Microbubble therapy experience. Heated seats and foot massage jets provide additional comfort.

• Installation: Ella’s Bubbles tubs are available for purchase and installation through local dealers.

• Warranties and financing: Ella’s offers a limited lifetime warranty on the tub shell, frame and door.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Ella's Bubbles Company Information