4.58/5

Need a walk-in bathtub company?

Ella's Bubbles

Ella's Bubbles provides the best personalized service and customer support for their acrylic and gelcoat walk-in tubs. With over 12 years of experience, they guarantee you'll be satisfied with their craftmanship and care. All of their tubs are assembled, jetted, and tested to perfection in the USA using UL Certified parts to give you the best valued and highest quality walk-in tub. They never stop investing in development to give you exclusive offers such as the removable stainless steel door, patented swivel tray, exfoliating Infusion™ MicroBubble Therapy, independently operated therapeutic foot massage, and much more!

Need a walk-in bathtub company?

Ella's Bubbles Reviews

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I've been researching walk-in tubs for over a year and I found out about Ella's Bubbles three months before I did the purchase. The company was very new to me and I have done research on almost everybody in North America that either sold or manufacture walk-in tubs. I did a spreadsheet of pricing and features of all the ones that I came across, and I kept coming back to Ella’s Bubbles. I wasn't familiar with them so I drilled down more into research and found out that a lot of their manufacturing was done right here in America, and compared to even more expensive tubs, they offered full feature options. I also found information from other people who has purchased from them and about the parts and manufacturing. Based on what I wanted, it looked like they were a company for me to take a chance with, compared to even more established companies.

The interaction with the sales representative was good but initially, I wasn’t sure if I could purchase direct. So, I was calling and talking to sales reps about features and shipping. On the second call, I was informed that I could purchase direct from them and if I go online, I could find one that they would match the price with. So, that worked to my benefit. I kept looking around Home Depot, Amazon and someone was running a discount on the one that I was interested in. When I called the rep, she said she could match that. I got the Ultimate tub a month ago and the bathroom space is currently being prepared for the tub installation.

My home was flooded and I’m doing a complete renovation. I informed the sales rep that I was having problems with freight shipments for some big-ticket items and she told me that they would call me when the tub is at the terminal and schedule a delivery. I never got the call and so I decided to follow-up with the freight company. When I called them, they informed me that they had already tried to deliver and nobody was at my house, so they were in the process of sending it back. They told me that they could not reschedule delivery to somebody from the manufacturer and to call to guarantee they would have to pay for a re-delivery. When I called my sales rep about it, she took care of it. She called them and we thought everything' was worked out but I still had some issues, so the unit was at the terminal for over three weeks before I was able to get them to schedule a delivery.

Once the sales rep got back with them and got everything planned out, I had a call on the day of the delivery from the freight truck. The rep was telling me that he was three blocks from my house and he was looking at my residence location on Google map and he wanted to know if I could come in a truck to where he had stopped and get it out the freight truck. The sales rep made it clear that before I let them take it out the truck, if there were any blemishes or anything looks suspicious with the crate, to leave it on the truck. However, it was pristine and well-packed. The guy claimed that he was unsure if he could bring the truck or trailer into the neighbor. I had no problems once he arrived at the house and I was able to inspect the package. When I opened the tub, it was beautiful. I would recommend Ella’s Bubbles 100%.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I was doing an internet search and I found Ella's Bubbles. The website was ver easy to understand and it had a lot of information for a person like myself that would wanna install it. I made a comment on the website that they showed a left-hand door with a right-hand part number. I brought it to their attention and then I went back about two weeks later and saw that it was corrected. I kinda thought that was cool because it’s a little misleading. You wanna be sure.

I saw they were quality product and when I reached out to them, the gal that works there was very knowledgeable and very helpful. I wanted to buy one that I can go pick up somewhere and I was able to go down there and pick it up. I requested a quote on January 22nd. Daphne was the account manager and she was a very, very pleasant lady to talk to and do business with. They gave me an excellent price and a quote.

Originally, I was getting the larger one and then I found something on the website of how many gallons and I was kinda worried about my tank in the basement, the pump not being able to keep up with the kind of drainage plus to just conserve on the water. I decided that a smaller model was fine and I ended up settling an order confirmation and ended up with Ella’s Deluxe item. I got the dual massage, hydro jets, and I got the MicroBubble with it with the brass filler so it would fill faster. Plus, I like the quality of that faucet better.

I installed it myself, so it went excellent. And that’s one thing that I liked about their company. One company I originally called charged 22 grand for installation and wouldn’t let me install it myself. With Ella's Bubbles, I can install it myself and it was very easy to install and had good instructions. I had no problem at all. But I expected a little bit more pressure out of the jets. I feel just a little bit weakened pressure and they're not the strongest that I would like to see. But I’m used to a hot tub and a hot tub must have a bigger pump or bigger motor in it. Also, it ends up taking care of my back problem and I feel relaxed and that’s the main part.

I like the door opening to the inside versus outside. Originally, I put it in because the mother-in-law was gonna move in part time to keep her out of the home full time and I thought that that’s a little riskier if somebody’s opening it inadvertently. But, again, I like the door opening to the inside anyway. It’s a lot better to have water pressure pushing on the door even though it’s got a mechanism to cross the gasket so nothing leaks. It’s a great product and I’ve recommended it to other people and I would keep on recommending it.

Mr. Burandt,

First, we want to thank you for choosing to bring an Ella's Bubbles tub into your home. We also want to thank you for leaving us such a well thought out review. We love hearing reviews from our customers so we can keep making new products! If there is anything else you need do not hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you so much!

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I had been specifically looking for a walk-in tub where you weren't trapped to sitting there in a chair and you could stretch out. I saw different tubs offered on eBay and I was attracted to Ella's Bubbles. Aside from the regular down at the floor-level bathtub, Ella's is the only one that has two seats. I also liked the features of the tub in comparison to other manufacturers and how Ella's make their tubs. One of the things they asked when looking for a tub was if the tub has this, that and something else. And when I was looking through it, the other tubs didn't have those.

I bought my walk-in tub from a dealer called DiscoBath, a vendor on eBay. He was great about making sure I got exactly the tub I wanted because there were two sizes of the five-foot tub and I wanted the bigger one. He was also really great about getting the shipping set up and notifying me about it. But when I had a small problem with the tub when we were installing it, he wasn't so helpful. What happened was my plumber screwed up one of the gaskets for the drain because he thought there was a burr on the drain. He thought he had ringed the gasket. I went to Ella's website and contacted their customer service directly. They were fantastic. They overnight mailed me a new set of gaskets.

During the installation, we were fortunate. My husband and I have a house that we needed a lot of work on to be able to sell it. I had a whole crew of people and I already had a plumber who was experienced in installing tubs. I also had a handy-man who was able to do the things that I needed. We are living in a 70-year-old house and a problem we had during the installation was the doorway into the bathroom was only 22 inches wide, so we had to take out part of the wall to get the tub it. We also had to take out a window of the house. Once the tub was in the bathroom, we had to put the wall back the way it was. We also had to take out the ceiling of the room underneath the tub to get the plumbing installed correctly. Our installation, therefore, was a little bit more complicated than most people because our house is ancient.

My husband and I really love our walk-in tub. My husband had been having trouble standing in the shower that we had before. Now, it's really great for him because we put a grab bar on the wall and he can get in and out of the tub just fine. Overall, I was extremely pleased with Ella's Bubbles. Sergio, their customer service guy, he gave me his number and his email so I could directly contact him if I had any problems or concerns. He was always available and it had been a really good experience.

Marie,

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave such a thoughtful review! It's customers like you that make selling walk-in tubs worth while. We are glad that you and family love our tub, our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise.

If you ever need anything in the future please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you so much, Marie!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I needed hip repair and I needed a safer bathtub. I saw the American Standard advertised on the TV and I checked into that but it was way too expensive. Then I checked around other places. I happen to have a dealer in the closest big town to me and the company that he works with is Ella’s Bubbles. He recommended them so I checked online and decided that was the one I wanted.

At the time, the dealer in the area would rather sell hot tubs than step-in bathtubs and he wasn’t good about finding out what model I would need. I wanted the pulsing bubbles to be on my neck and my shoulders because I have arthritis in my neck. Some tubs are shallower and I wanted a very deep one. But he didn’t get back to me when I called him. So, I finally dealt directly with Ella’s Bubbles in Chicago and ordered it right from the warehouse. I asked a lot of questions and the reps were good to work with. it was an investment for us. The tub is not cheap but it was a luxury I wanted to have. They were so helpful in explaining everything to me and how everything would work before I ever ordered it. Then they drop shipped it on a big truck right to my doorway.

After that, we called the contractor and he wanted to charge a couple of thousand dollars to take our other tub out. He said he wouldn’t be able to salvage it because it would be too much work and we thought that was not good. It was only about 10 years old and it was a very nice bathtub that we had in there. So, we chose to do the installation ourselves. When the tub came, it was totally complete and all we had to do was get the old tub out, put the new one in, refinish the wall because the space isn’t the same, and hook up the plumbing and electrical. My husband’s very handy at this and the installation was very easy for us.

We got the step-in bathtub and it is the Malibu model. It is tall and has a door that swings open. You can have the door swing in or swing out but I couldn’t see any reason having a door in there with me, so mine opens from outside. When you make a little five-inch step into the tub, you got handrails to hang on to so you won't slip and fall. When you sit down on an elevated seat, it's all molder fiberglass. And when you pull the door shut and lock it, you're gonna fill this thing with water and you can't get out until the water is out or you will have it all over your house. But it's totally a safe way for elderly people. I'm gonna be 70 and it was just time. If I want to continue taking enjoyable bubble baths, I needed something like this.

I love our Ella's Bubbles tub and and I'm enjoying it. I even wrote them a letter of recommendation as I had a good turnout from them. I had good service and everything went beautifully. The tub takes a great amount of water and when someone gets in it, you just place your amount of body weight and volume so it's not that much, but I use it every day either to shampoo my hair or shower. There is a handheld shower in it. But to fill the tub up, I try not to do it more than once a week because it needs a lot of water.

Other than that, I'm so relaxed when I use the tub and my muscles feel good. The hydrating bubbles got a lot of force so they're pushing on whenever you let them rub on your body. They massage you then there's the micro bubbles feature which is an extra thing that I wanted because the sales pitch from everybody I talked to was that the bubbles are so penetrating to your skin that they clean the pores. They said that the bubbles soften your skin and you don’t even need soap in it. Of course, if you put too much soap, you get too many bubbles because of all the bubbling action. But my skin is so soft. I used to get dry skin in the winter time when the season change. My elbows would get dry and I'd lather on the lotion, but I don’t have to do that anymore. These micro bubbles debride your skin gently. They're not pulling your skin off but they get rid of your dead skin cells and you are totally clean.

Ella's Bubbles are also a phone call or a computer click away when I need them and they get right back to me. In fact, we had one little episode when I got in the tub and it was taking longer to fill up than it normally did. The pressure of the water was making a lot of noise and when I turned it off, I saw that the water was running out the drain. It was no wonder the tub was not filling up. I had to empty it to see what the problem was and there was a little gasket on the plunger seal that seals the tub when you shut the drain had come loose. I called the company and asked if it was something that had been glued on or was it supposed to come off. Their rep said no and they sent me the whole new stainless plunger that goes down into the tub and seals it. I didn’t even need all of them. But the reps of Ella's Bubbles were very good. They want their customers happy, so when any little thing happens, they're right there to help.

All in all, I'm very happy with company and I've recommended it to all my friends and all my girlfriends of my age in arthritic situation. None of them have tried it out and I told them to come over, take a bath in my bathtub, and see how nice it is. They're all very envious and say that if they ever get one, they're gonna get the kind I got. I'm a good spokesman of the company because I'm very happy with my tub.

Mrs. Maki,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are glad that you and your husband love our product, our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise.They work very diligently and it will provide them with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing. If any of your friends decide to try out your tub and like it, have them give us a call and we will provide them with the best possible deals and options that you will not find online. Thank you for your kind words and if you ever have any problems with your Ella tub do not hesitate to give us a call.

Sincerely,

Ella's Bubbles

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I am enjoying the tub that I got from Ella's Bubbles. It's really good and I look forward to using it in the evening. I’m very pleased with it and I’m so glad to have it. It helps with the legs, the back, and the neck. But the seats are very cold and whoever wants a tub has got to have the option for the heated seat. If that would cost extra, I would’ve paid it since I paid $13,000 cash for my tub. So I’m upset with the company that sold it to me because I was never offered the heated seat. What happened was, they had inventory that they wanted to get rid of, so I was told that they only had a couple of left-hand doors or right-hand doors left. They gave me the sales pitch and told me that if I wanted a right-hand door, I had to take advantage of it.

I also had an issue with Reuben, the guy that installed the tub. He knew how to install it and he did a good job. But he messed up our wall terribly. I’m turning 80 tomorrow while my husband is almost 82, and this guy took advantage of us big time. My kids were furious when they saw the state of the wall. There was a lot of stuff and it was tacky and not taken care of.

At the time, we were invited to this beautiful wedding in the Southern Hotel down at the bay in San Diego and I ordered designer shoes for the occasion. When we got back at 2:00 o’clock in the morning on Saturday morning after the Friday night wedding, we had to get the shoes off because my feet and legs were all swollen because of the sciatica. My husband positioned these shoes under our bed. Then the installer came out on Monday morning to do our new tub. We had a lot of stuff to move then Reuben brought this big machine and they were busy. We were keeping out of the way and after they left on Tuesday evening, I went looking for my shoes and they were missing. But I didn’t move my shoes as I couldn’t get on low on the floor because of sciatica. I also took pictures while they were here and I know that Reuben took my shoes. Now all my friends are saying that Reuben’s wife is wearing them.

And when he came back September 20th, which was our 60th wedding anniversary, I got after him about the shoes and he was blinking like crazy. I hope he never comes back again and I don't want him to. But at the same time, if anything goes wrong with Ella’s Bubbles, we’ll have to get him back again and I’m very sad about that. So, I’m not going to be all gooey getting others to buy an Ella's Bubbles tub because of Reuben since this company is the only one down here that sells Ella’s Bubbles.

Other than that, I found Ella's Bubbles's lie-in tub on Amazon and I was gonna get that, too. But I’m so unhappy with the people that sold me my first Ella's Bubbles tub and the crew they sent out for the installation that I didn’t bother. I know Home Depot also sells Ella's Bubbles lie-in tubs and we may just go there. But I would never go back to this company because Reuben would be coming back and we will not have him in the house again. I’m still trying to get the issue sorted out with his company because one way or the other, I’ll never get my shoes back, but they are going to reimburse me for those shoes. When I tried to call the retailer and left messages, I was totally ignored. I kept asking for the manager because he was so sweet and nice when I was talking to him, but nobody is willing to call me back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ella's Bubbles?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I bought my Ella's Bubbles XXL Transfer walk-in tub through Wayfair. My son-in-law who is a Journeyman plumber installed it. We had an awful experience with it. We tested it outside and it worked fine, but it leaked like crazy. It had three leaks in the piping underneath. We called Wayfair and they rebated me 50% of the price of the tub. My son-in-law re-siliconed the joints and told me that two of the three that he re-siliconed worked fine and one didn't. He has to scrape the silicon off and try again. Plus, he found another leak. We put in a tray underneath the tub that will pick up any leaks and take them to the sump pit. I don't know what Ella's is doing. All the reviews I've seen on Ella's were very positive, but obviously, something went wrong somewhere.

From all the comments, they talk about testing the tub and making sure that it's not leaking when it leaves the warehouse or factory. Either someone didn't test my tub or they tested it, found the leaks and thought they fixed it. I was very disappointed to have set this all up and tested it and to find even one leak, let alone three, and now a fourth one. It's a nice tub, but it certainly doesn't seem to have been put together well.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was doing searches on two-person tubs, and then got the idea of searching for a two-person walk-in tub that would fit the space that we had. I found it on Ella's website but what also came up was who else sold them and Home Depot did. The Home Depot site didn't seem to be a good place to try to figure out certain things and ask questions. There was a spot on Ella's site where you could email to ask questions and they called me back. They gave me a very good price, essentially equal to what they referred to as the best internet price and they shipped it direct for free. I purchased the Tub4Two five weeks ago. It’s a soaking tub and it’s just a simple one but they have a door. Generally, it’s probably considered to be for senior citizens who want a deep tub where it's too high to step over to get into because it's deep, and you can really fill up the tub and soak.

The rep, Steve, was a very good guy. So, because of the price, we bought it in advance of having our remodeler scheduled to go. There was another lady that we talked to who took care of the accounting and invoicing, and she was good. Then, I ended up talking with a fellow in their warehouse because I wanted to know if they could tell me what day it would be delivered, and they were able to do that. So, it was a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My brother-in-law brought up Ella’s Bubbles and I said that I would see what they got and what was different. Pretty much everybody was close with the product and very similar but I’ve had no complaints. I made my purchase in January and it wasn’t that it took until March to get it in, but I wasn’t satisfied with the installer that Ella recommended at the time in the Chicago area. They came and put the tub in, and I loved it and it looked great. However, it wouldn't keep the water warmed up so, they changed something out. That didn’t do it. They ended up putting in dual tanks and it cost me another $1,500 on top of the tub, which I was not happy with.

At the beginning, Ella’s Bubbles’ installation team was very responsive. It was around Christmas when it happened and they got out after New Year’s. It might have been a 10-day delay only because it was the holidays which I totally understood. When they came out, they looked at my water heater and my electric panel, and then they set a date. It was two weeks out. Ella’s Bubbles’ product seems great but the installer was the issue I had.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I was researching walk-in tubs online and I ran across Ella’s Bubbles. I also spoke to my daughter’s DME place and they recommended a tub from Ella’s Bubbles. My interactions with the sales rep were great. I went to the warehouse and he helped me find exactly what I needed for my daughter who has special health care issues. Everybody seems to enjoy the tub.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We found Ella's Bubbles on the internet and nobody else made the particular tub we were looking at, which was the tub for two. For us, it was like a mini hot tub and we don't have to go outside. Although our interactions with their sale reps were fine, their technical people weren't very good at answering the questions that my husband had. Moreover, their manual was too generic. It said the tub needed a 20-amp circuit breaker, which was a little awkward to deal with. But when he looked at the tub, it only needed a 15-amp breaker. The plumber that installed it cursed it a few times. They were good to bring it up upstairs though and had four guys to do it. Plus, they cleaned everything up.

We had a little bit of trouble with random leakage and found water underneath the tub a few times. One time, it appeared to come from the seal. Then, it drained down through the door latch hole. We found that when using the jets, the water bubbles rather vigorously and gets out but it's not constant. It has a bit of a learning curve. For example, we can fill it and use the jets but if we wanna use the other one, we better not fill it up all the way. We talked to Ella's Bubbles one time, but we figured it out ourselves. We found the door latch very hard to operate to get the door pulled closed and sealed. I've mentioned our Ella's Bubbles tub to other people.

Ella's Bubbles expert review by Shelley Webb

Makes and sells acrylic walk-in tubs with one or two seats, in addition to accessible shower stalls and kits. Wheelchair accessible walk-in tubs are also available. Their products are manufactured in the United States, and they have dealers across the country who can help you find the best walk-in tub for your needs.

• Inward and outward swinging doors: Choose from either an inward or an outward swinging door for your walk-in tub.

• Assembled and tested in the United States: All of Ella’s Bubbles products are assembled and tested in Chicago, Illinois.

• Ella’s Bubbles shower stalls and kits: Ella’s shower stalls and kits provide a low threshold to help anyone with limited mobility who has problems bathing or showering. They have multi-piece units and acrylic wall liners for remodels and one-piece units for new construction.

• Dual drain: All Ella’s Bubbles walk-in bathtubs are equipped with a dual drain system that consists of two independent overflow valves and two ADA compatible extension handles. This draining system can empty the tub within 80 seconds.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
      Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Ella's Bubbles Company Information