Find a Mortgages partner

2. Mortgages

4.8/5 (1711 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About BOK Financial Mortgage

BOK Financial offers online mortgage origination. Its automated application eases the hassle of applying for a mortgage and lets you work with an experienced mortgage banker to guide you through the loan process. It offers refinancing and conventional, FHA, jumbo, VA and advanced medical professional mortgage loan options.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

BOK Financial Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOK Financial Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOK Financial Mortgage?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

There was a guy named Sam that work there at BOK Financial. I’ve done loans with him for years. There was also somebody else that helped with the refinancing and they all did super good. Everything is super smooth with them. There were no issues and I felt comfortable. However, there is money left in escrow that was supposed to be mailed to me, and I asked them when it would be or what the dollar amount is, and nobody really could answer that. So, I’m just kind of standing by to wait if I get a check. They know all the dollars that are coming in, so I would expect they would know the dollars that are going out, too. But it’s odd to me that nobody could find that figure. I’m assuming that it kinda disappeared. They said, “Usually two or three weeks.” That’s fine. But it could be better and more precise.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I refiled my mortgage with BOK. Their rates sealed the deal for me. The people I dealt with were very responsive. We really appreciated that. The application process is lengthy. It took quite a few weeks. We have a complicated financial structure ‘cause of other properties we own. But they were very patient and did their due diligence. Everybody was very professional and friendly. They did a great job.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

BOK was our current mortgage bank. The process of refinancing with them was good. The application and underwriting took three months. It was a good experience. Their reps are very good people.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I’ve been with BOK for about a year and a half now. The lady that I dealt with was pretty nice. She was very good, efficient and prompt. She did everything the right way and she was on top of everything. The actual application process for the home refinance didn’t take long, even with the approval. It took about three weeks. I thought that the interest would’ve been a little bit less. But it’s reasonable. I got lower payment and lower interest rate from the refinance.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I’ve worked for bigger banks and I like how BOK operates. If I’m gonna have my mortgage with somebody, I’d like it to be with a company that I like that’s why I went with them. The online application process was fantastic then the underwriting took about three weeks and majority of the time, I had to wait to pull funds from my 401(k). It went very smoothly. The only delays were me just getting dots aligned. My experience with my loan officer, Michele, was great. Luckily, I’m an underwriter so I didn’t need too many directions on what we needed. I got a very good rate and the term is fixed for 30 years so I’m very pleased with it.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The loan officer from I worked with from BOK was gracious. She made sure that we got the best rate possible and made sure we weren’t being overcharged for anything. I really appreciated working with her. There was some back and forth with the company that looked into our credit report. The company called me to set up some conference calls with some of the other lenders that I’ve been working with. After all that happened, there was some hold-up where they thought that they still needed to contact me even though we’d already gone through it so there was some miscommunication between them and the lender. That was the only major snag. Everything else went smoothly. I was satisfied with the interest rate and happy with the experience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I’ve always had accounts with BOK and I’ve used them for over 30 years. I refinanced and the representatives were pretty easy to work with. We communicated through emails and they responded pretty well. It was a good experience.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

BOK Financial Mortgage was in possession of my mortgage so, I extended my question if I could do refinancing with them. Their rep was very accommodating and he was very happy to do it with me, so I went with them. Also, I was shopping for options at the time and their rates were good. But when I was getting the quotes from different banks, it was difficult for me to compare exactly their fees because they all vary and they had different descriptions. That was a confusing process for me, though it was not specifically a problem with BOK. Their rep was very responsive to my e-mails and calls, plus he followed up if there was a need to get everything signed and would let me know or call me. I'm a very suspecting person but I liked the way he was approaching my problem. He built the trust. He was right on timing-wise, too.

Other than that, we had to do two takes on my refinancing. I started the process five months ago but that didn’t go well because I had some problems on my end. Then I came back five months later and BOK's rep was very happy to follow up on it. Overall it was a good experience and I would be happy to come back and do one more refinancing or get a new loan with them. I still strongly consider them as an option.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I applied for refinancing to BOK Financial Mortgage. The whole process was a lot easier than I expected it to be. It took about three weeks. They provided me with a notary that was in my area and we did all the signing there. Erica, the loan officer, was very professional. She was always upfront with me. The rates were good and the terms were great. It was better terms than other places that I had checked. BOK Financial Mortgage decreased my house payment and it gave me a little extra money to do some work around the house.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

The loan officer I worked with at BOK Financial was very helpful, easy to work with, easy to talk to and kept me informed. The process took about a month. I started around the Thanksgiving week. I called and checked rates with various lending institutions. And then, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I was trying to call and lock-in with BOK, and I understand it was a holiday week and couldn’t reach anybody on Wednesday before and Friday after Thanksgiving. By the time I was able to lock-in, it had gone up a slightly with $15 difference on my monthly payments. But other than that it was okay. And as we know holidays interfere a lot of times with business.

It all went pretty smoothly considering it was my first time to do everything online. It seems everything went pretty well, trying to get people to respond on my end and provide the information that I needed to provide to the loan officers. Sometimes that’s more of a problem than anything, but dealing directly with BOK was not a problem. It all worked out and it was very professional. I enjoyed working with the loan officer. He was very helpful.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

The loan officer, DJ, asked me for some documentation for my refi at BOK. I forwarded that to him via email. He sent me some documents to sign electronically, took care of that and we had a couple of phone conversations back and forth and it was done. DJ was excellent. I spoke to him a couple of times and refer people to him all the time. He was on the spot, friendly and courteous. He went out of his way to make sure that he returned calls or emails back to me. The online process was streamlined and easy. It all went very smooth.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Everything went great. The interactions were smooth as well as being able to process on time. It started in December and we were able to close in January.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I already had a mortgage with BOK, and it went really well. Erika, the lady I've worked with recently, was awesome. She was knowledgeable. I understand the business a little bit too but she's responsive and helpful. I got a 30-year mortgage, and the application process was very easy and smooth. And I like the low rates and no fees. The rates and terms are perfect. They're exactly what I wanted. Bok is great. My brother called and I recommended a couple of other people too.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I was looking up companies online and I felt BOK Financial gave me the best rate. Then, I spoke to somebody over there and it was convincing. I did a refinance and the process took a long time but it was okay. The online application process was straightforward. The application took a day but the underwriting took about 2 months. There were a lot of delays at their side and a little bit of delay at my side. Other than that, the representative I dealt with was good. And, everything was fine.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I was highly attracted to BOK's rate and the overall all-in cost as far as getting a new mortgage. I got a 30-year refinance, and the online application process was easy and simple. From the time that we locked in, everything took three weeks. Overall, I was pretty happy. My loan consultant was very responsive as far as the turnaround. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I called my current finance company to see if they were able to give me a more competitive rate. The loan officer that I worked with was real forward and told me that he couldn't. But he wasn't trying to keep me from getting a better rate, so he referred me to BOK Financial. I refinanced with BOK and the process was really simple. I did an application over the phone. The loan officer from my previous loan was friends with my loan officer from my current loan, so they worked together to get a lot of the information prior to even starting up the application. So, it was real seamless.

The BOK rep who I worked with was very intricate as far as telling me what I needed and straightforward in telling me what she could do. It was very interactive. We spoke mostly via email and she was quick on the response. I was quick on the response, so we were able to take care of things. She is a very personable and nice lady. I enjoyed working with her and happy that she could make things happen for me.

BOK was really on top of everything and I refinanced two homes, my primary home and a rental property. We moved quickly on the primary home and took less than a month. Because it was a VA loan refi, it wasn't much needed and it didn't need an appraisal or anything like that. But the rental property process was a little bit more extent and I just wished it could have gone by a little bit faster, but that wasn't on them. It was just the process and I got spoiled by the first process. The second home took close to 2 months and it was a little slower than what I expected but it finally happened. Still, I'm happy with that.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

My current VA loan was already with HomeDirect from a previous refi and they were willing to work with me. There's a lower rate and based on a recommendation from someone who got fired but he was amazing, I did it with them again. The process was simple and I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other with the online application. I could never get anybody on the phone if I called, but they were prompt with emails. The rep I worked with was very nice and she answered all of my questions. But as far as that goes, aside from emailing and we did what we were supposed to do, it was good. The rates and terms were standard from what I had, so it was good and I am happy with that. Working with HomeDirect is saving me money.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I wanted to buy a new house and I got a FHA loan from BOK Financial. The process was very simple and quick, and the application and underwriting took 2 days. Everything worked correctly in the online application process too. I'm a loan processor, so I'm very familiar with the process. Still, I was happy. The rep I worked with was Aspen and she was benign. She was very thorough and knowledgeable. She was also always communicating the whole process with me. The rates and the terms of the mortgage were great as well. Everything was great. I was satisfied and I got my house financed with less stress.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

BOK Financial has a lower interest rate and we liked the idea of keeping it with a local bank. The process of applying and receiving the financing was simple. It took a couple of days and it was not long at all. We were also pleased with the rates and the terms. We recommend that you go through them as well.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

A family member of mine recommended BOK and the interest rates were dropping. The refinance went fairly smoothly. Most of it was electronic. We logged in and it would tell the status of things. It seemed to take a while, but that's the case with most mortgages. The online application process was very easy, and the rep I dealt with was easy to work with. He kept me informed and answered my questions and I enjoyed working with him. He was very eager to help. He was very informative and knowledgeable, and he always got back with me very quickly. If I emailed him a question or gave him a call, he was quick to get back to me. With BOK, the lower interest on the refinance allowed me to have lower mortgage payment and more cash in my pocket and it was able to put me in a better financial position. I'd tell others that BOK was certainly something they should consider and to give them a shot.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I was referred by a friend to BOK Financial. I only dealt with one person there named Ryan. He was very proactive, professional, timely, and expeditious in the handling of every request. He was phenomenal and he dotted every I as well as crossed every T. The process took about 20 days or so. It was a great experience. And if you're considering going through BOK, just ask for Ryan.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

HomeDirect already have my previous loan so I got a refinance from them and everything in the process was so simple. The application and underwriting took under 30 days 'cause we did it quickly. I had a good team I was communicating with and they kept me informed and up to date at all times. The representative I worked with was very communicative. I was extremely satisfied with the experience I've had. And if you're considering HomeDirect, go ahead and do it. It's simpler. Don't go out and play with other lenders 'cause they may have bigger advertising, but there's no customer service there.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I got a VA, 30-year fixed and the process was simple. The only thing I had to do was DocuSign. The rep Daniel was very good and he always followed up. He was very proactive and he was very attentive. BOK saved me money and I've already referred people to them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I applied for the mortgage because of the rates and HomeDirect is the existing lender. The rep I worked with was great and our interaction went very well. We appreciate it. The application and underwriting took a couple of weeks, and the online application process was very efficient. I was happy with their service. HomeDirect was really easy to work with. It makes our life easier.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I was already with BOK Financial and they reached out to me. I wanted to stay with the company that was servicing the mortgage so I did a streamline loan through them to reduce the rate. The process was fairly easy. They took care of just about everything, and I didn't have to produce all the paperwork that I did for the original mortgage. They just pretty much had the copy of everything, so it made it a lot easier. If I had to do all that up, I probably wouldn't have done it. The application and underwriting took a few weeks. Then, the rep I worked with was good and he kept me informed. However, I feel like the rates might have dropped a little more. If I had been given the chance to get the lowest rate as opposed to when it just got locked in, that would have been cool. But, overall, I was very pleased with it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I wanted to buy a house and I was told that BOK was affordable. The online application didn't actually work, so we had to do it through email. Still, the rep did a good job.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

BOK was my previous mortgage provider, and they were able to lower my rate and close very quickly. They're extremely easy to work with. Sam was my loan officer and he was great. I had provided all the information that he needed, but every day there was an electronic status that provided an update. So, there were no questions on where we stood in the loan, what was needed and what had to be turned in, so it worked really easy.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I wanted to deduct my loan through the bank and we were told to apply online. I got a mortgage and I got to close early, so that was nice and easy.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Everything went very well with BOK. I was doing a rate-and-term refi putting my first and second mortgages into one new mortgage. I spoke with Tim. He was the person that took my application and worked it through the process. It was simple to have the portal to be able to upload documents through. It made it very easy. The appraisal and closing were timely. The time frame was great. It fit my time frame perfectly. The only thing I did struggle with, which was outside of our mortgage company, was the notary. The notary was an hour late for our appointment, and so that was a little troubling. But outside of that, everything went very smoothly.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I had a specific mortgage broker who I worked with directly. He was the only person who ever called me, the only person who ever emailed me, kept me updated the whole time. It was a very personable, smooth process. However, with our first mortgage and with our refi, they sent out a quote sheet of our mortgage payment and our escrow account, and both times they've been off. So, they could get a little better at their estimate. Still, I always recommend them.

BOK Financial Mortgage Company Information