Find a Mortgages partner

2. Mortgages

4.8/5 (1711 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About BOK Financial Mortgage

BOK Financial offers online mortgage origination. Its automated application eases the hassle of applying for a mortgage and lets you work with an experienced mortgage banker to guide you through the loan process. It offers refinancing and conventional, FHA, jumbo, VA and advanced medical professional mortgage loan options.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

BOK Financial Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOK Financial Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOK Financial Mortgage?

Original review: March 2, 2020

We got to refinance and we closed on time with BOK Financial. The process took about two months to complete, but most of that was because we were travelling. I had to get everybody on emails of the forms back and forth to each other and I was okay with that timeframe. The rep I worked with also did a good job overall. When we move, we have to buy a house, and this time, it was a little bit different because we only had contact with him over the phone and I’m a type of person who likes to meet people in person.

Other than that, some of the fees could have been waived because with Wells Fargo, they have waived certain fees in the past and my last two financial intuitions had waived fees as well. So, that's something BOK needs to look at because some of the fees they charge are ridiculous. Why charge so many money to verify employment? You have a W-2 Form for that. We’re in Oklahoma right now and I’ll be buying a house in the next six months. This time, I will be shopping on who will waive certain fees because I’m not gonna pay all those fees like I did with BOK.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I had two mortgages with BOK, so I did a refi. They have good interest rates. The representative was very quick to respond, nice and straightforward. We got a lower rate, so it allowed us to take out additional 40,000 cash-out and still pay the same in terms of principal interest each month. It worked out well.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I already had accounts with Bank of Kansas City from in the past when I first bought my house and they were the go-to for my mother-in-law who owned her own title and escrow company. We chose them and they gave us really good rates, so I stuck with them. Jim helped me and he was pretty much beck and call. He was willing to drive after work to meet up with. I didn't have him do that, but he was willing to. I was sending emails and he'd get back with me in 10 to 15 minutes. I'd have an email back even if it was 8 o'clock at night. So, he was really good about everything and he really helped me through the whole process of refinance.

I love working with Jim. There was a couple of other options that we had, and he helped work through it and get the best rates and figure everything out. It was a good experience overall and I always tell friends about BOK if they're doing anything with loans. I also had a friend who bought a house a little while before I refinanced and I'm sure he's BOK.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I did a mortgage refinance with BOK Financial and the process was easy. Application took 15 minutes but to get it to underwriting took 2 weeks since my originator was on vacation. I hope they have more support for my originator because when he was out on vacation, it all stopped. The person backing him up was also off, so there was no backup. Still, customer service has been good and I'm very comfortable working with them. It was an estate planning goal and it helped us fulfill moving towards retirement planning.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

BOK Financial Mortgage was my current lender and I stayed with them. They had a really low interest rate and we had a 30-year fixed VA loan. I called the same representative I used for my last loan. Every time I had a question, I just called her and it was easy. I went through the whole process of applying for the loan, which seemed to be easier than other lenders I’ve used in the past. The application and underwriting process took 30 days.

I had a perfect payment history, but it still seemed that they needed to treat me as though I’d never had a loan with them before. So, they had the credit checks as though I was a new applicant. I wish they would've just taken my current payment history and my previous loan into consideration. Also, I noticed that some of their fees were higher that most other banks. It was probably because their rate was lower than other banks, and so maybe they felt justified in higher fees. But all the staff I’ve worked with were very friendly and the service was good.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I was financed by BOK and I did a refinance with them because of the cheaper interest. I called Daniel or Jay and got it going with him. I was gonna refinance with someone else, but BOK beat their interest rate which is what it boiled down to. I also didn't have to get any appraisal, so that was a bonus 'cause that's an extra 1,500 to 2000. During the application process, they left out few details in the end which I had to jump through hoops, but that's just what it is. The application and underwriting took no time, but I got ACE Credit so it was very simple. If something would have been done differently, it is to be able to sign the paperwork online and be done or not have to have somebody come to my house and jump through hoops. It's a pain. The first time I did it with them, I didn't physically sign papers. Still, working with BOK Financial saved me money.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I’ve used BOK in the past for my mortgage and I’m a current banker with them. I went with the conventional loan and the process was handled fine. It took a week and it was very easy overall. I was concerned about my well-being as far as making sure that I wasn’t getting into something over my head and something that wasn’t right. And the consultant was very helpful.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Since I already had my existing loan through BOK Financial Mortgage, I thought it would be a little easier. But I felt like I was sold on something that they couldn’t actually promise. It wasn’t the greatest experience. I was telling the advisors I was shopping around and the competitor that I was gonna go with which was Randolph-Brooks wasn’t going to be to able to close until late January. The competitor’s fees were cheaper though. Bok sold me on being able to close the house in late December. It turned out that I couldn’t close at the end of December. It was gonna be moved to early January. I couldn’t close in early January and it ended up closing late January, down to the last day before my existing mortgage was gonna be considered 30 days late.

They told me, “Hey, you wouldn’t have to make a mortgage payment. We’re gonna close way before. You have plenty of time and then this way, you wouldn’t have a new payment till March.” But then, I was getting calls from the collecting agency from Bank of Texas saying I was past due. Some of the issues that we were running across were that the bank and the mortgage company fall under the same umbrella but they didn’t communicate very well. Also, the title company needed some paperwork showing that I had a home equity loan paid off. I was told from the very beginning this wouldn’t be an issue. I found out later on that it was gonna be an issue, and so I said I would just pay it off. It was ten grand. I got the money together and paid it off.

And then they needed a request from the bank, the payoff statement. So, they sent one but didn’t have the account number. They then requested a different form that actually had the account number. The bank provided it but then it wasn’t signed. These all caused the delay in closing as well. I was pretty dissatisfied with BOK. Now that everything is done, I'm a little wiser. If someone else is gonna offer me an opportunity to be able to go with a lower rate and still keep the same closing date, and that was an option, then I'm probably gonna go that route.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I went through divorce, and so, I had to pay my ex off. And I have another house that has been completely paid for that I had to take the mortgage out on in order to do that. I also needed to pay off the loan. I was given really good rates on the mortgage that I had on the home with BOK and I was happy with them. Another thing I like about BOK is they don’t sell the loans.

I’ve got cash-out refi. I had the house completely paid for and then I took cash from it. The application process was painless and efficient. It took maybe a week or so. Jim has been the only lender I ever work ‘cause he’s very trustworthy. He was a straight shooter. So, if he can do something for you, he tells you. If he can’t, he’ll tell you that as well. And he doesn’t come up with hidden costs later down the road when you’re thinking, “Okay, this is what we got,” and then, the all bait-and-switch type of thing. I did work in the past with lenders that would tell you one thing and then on the midnight hour changed it or it had some hidden costs there. With Jim, everything’s straightforward and transparent, which is what I really like. And this isn’t the first transaction he’s done, not only for me. I’ve recommended him to family, friends and colleagues of how well he’s done.

Working with BOK impacted me in a very positive way because of the interest rates. Prior to years ago, when I first met Jim, I was with Wells Fargo looking to refinance and they couldn’t compete with the rates and the terms. So, I wanted to try BOK. I was a little nervous because they were out of state. But everything went very smoothly. I have a 15-year loan with them for a few years at 2.75 fixed rate. Now, unfortunately, it's a 4.5 at a 30-year ‘cause it’s not my primary residence that I pull it from.

Now that everything’s closed, Jim can get my primary residence down to 3.5. My ex didn’t allow that to happen, unfortunately. So, it wound up costing me more to get that down. That has no reflection on Jim. Jim told us what was the best thing to do and how to do it. I can just refinance. It’s just a difference between closing costs. I don’t know how the rates would change, if they’d change for the better or the worse, upfront, in a couple months’ time. But I am gonna be reaching out to Jim here shortly. And we’ve already discussed and he already knows that I’m coming to refi and put the loan back on my primary residence, not my investment home.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

We were ready to buy a new house, which was going to be our first. We were referred to BOK by a Realtor and we ended up getting the best interest rate with BOK and low fees. Everything went smoothly. We got pre-approved back in December and then decided which house to buy. It was really easy to communicate with everyone. They replied fast to all the emails and they were professional. Being a first-time homebuyer, we asked a lot more questions. We got a lot of information and advice, so that was good. I'm happy with the way that everything went and it's exciting 'cause now we own a house. I've also told my dad to get refinanced with BOK.

BOK Financial Mortgage Company Information