Best Storage Units in Dallas, TX
A self-storage company gives you extra space for your furniture, seasonal items or other belongings that won’t fit in your home. Residents moving into a new Dallas apartment might find they need to put excess items into a storage unit, and University of Texas-Dallas students often rent storage space while on summer break.
Top 10 Dallas Self Storage Companies
|Extra Space Self Storage||Read 282 Reviews|
Extra Space Storage got its start in 1977 and is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the United States. It is a publicly-traded company focused on increasing shareholder value.
|Public Storage||Read 740 Reviews|
Public Storage built its first self-storage unit in 1972. Today, it is a publicly-traded company operating in both the United States and Europe.
|CubeSmart||Read 6 Reviews|
Offers no-commitment reservations. Monthly leases - no annual contract. Customers can lock in a reservation without a payment method.
|All Storage||Read Expert Review|
Provides one to two months of free storage rental for specific unit sizes at select locations near Dallas when customers up online. Rents 5’ x 5’ units for $24 to $63.
|Dallas Self Storage||Read Expert Review|
Offers web specials for first month free or 50% off. Air-conditioned spaces as small as 3’ x 3’ start at $21 per month. Larger 20’ x 35’ units start at $589 per month when booked online.
|Life Storage Dallas||Read Expert Review|
Offers small units starting from $33 a month. Accepts UPS or FedEx packages for tenants. Provides Wi-Fi access. Multi-story buildings feature strategically located, oversized elevators.
|SelfStorage.com - Dallas||Read Expert Review|
Has multiple self-storage companies to choose from with prices as low as $12 a month for a 5’ x 5’ space. Rents units starting at $49 for 10’ x 10’, $69 for 10’ x 15’ and $100 for 10’ x 20’.
|Sparefoot Dallas||Read Expert Review|
Lists available storage units from multiple facilities in the Dallas area. Partners with more than 600 facilities. Updates data on storage prices every 15 minutes.
|Storage Choice||Read Expert Review|
Offers free move-in truck rental and a simple online payment system. Features a six-story floor plan so possessions can be off the ground in flood-prone areas. Provides easy access with a drive-through building.
|Storage Plus of Garland||Read Expert Review|
Provides 5 ‘x 5’ indoor or drive-up storage units online for as little as $39 and $49 a month, respectively. Rents outdoor units of up to 12’ x 35’ for $299 a month. Open parking spots available for $79 a month.
Which Dallas storage unit company is best for me?
No matter your reason for storage, it’s crucial to choose the right facility for what you intend to place there. When comparing storage units, be sure to consider:
- Unit size: Some facilities may not have available units in the size you need or don’t rent spaces for vehicle storage — especially those close to busy areas like Downtown Dallas.
- Ease of access: Facilities with exterior units generally allow for drive-up access, which makes it easier to unload and load bulky items. Interior facilities may involve carrying your items a longer distance to your unit or using stairs to reach an upper-floor unit. A few interior facilities have drive-through access to units.
- Unit location: Areas like East Dallas, Pleasant Grove and East Oak Cliff are prone to flash floods. Storage buildings with multiple stories keep your belongings above ground level and out of the water.
- Climate-control: Indoor units typically have heating and cooling systems that keep the temperature stable throughout the year. Dallas' high heat and humidity can damage some commonly stored items, including papers, wood furniture, photos and fabric.
Other features also play a significant role in your self storage selection. Some storage places provide 24/7 access, vehicle storage, tamper-proof locks or Wi-Fi. Residents in high-crime areas, such as Five Points and Rose-Bennett Grid, might value facilities with advanced security features, such as surveillance cameras, brightly lit indoor and outdoor spaces, gated access, on-site managers and keypad entry.
How much is self storage in Dallas?
Self storage in Dallas costs about $30 a month for a 5’ x 5’ storage unit. Below are the average prices of storage units in Dallas based on their size:
|Size||Average monthly cost|
|5’ x 5’||$30|
|5’ x 10’||$55|
|10’ x 10’||$90|
|10’ x 20’||$155|
The monthly cost of your storage unit varies based on the facility’s location, your unit’s location within the property and whether the space is climate-controlled. Storage units in popular, highly populated areas tend to cost more than those in remote locations — storage units in neighborhoods like Deep Ellum near Downtown Dallas start at $37 for a 5’ x 5’ space, while facilities in Northwest Dallas rent 6’ x 7’ units starting at $27. Storage facilities in less populated areas are also more likely to offer vehicle storage.
Depending on the value of your stored-away possessions, you may also want to factor in the cost of storage insurance. Under Texas state law, storage facilities aren’t responsible for any loss or damage to your things. Insurance for storage units typically ranges from $0.50 to $2.00 for every $100 of insurance coverage.
When choosing a storage unit, be sure to ask the facility about current discounts or promotions. Some facilities offer a free or discounted first month when you sign a long-term contract. Many units offer discounts to seniors, military personnel or members of organizations like AAA. Always check the company’s website as well — many companies have discounted prices online.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Dallas self storage company information
Sparefoot is the ultimate source to find and compare storage units near you. The company provides side-by-side comparisons of available units in Dallas, and it keeps its online information up-to-date.
- Service areas: Greater Dallas area
- Address: Serves Dallas residents
- Phone number: (844) 226-6039
- Hours of operation: Call for hours
- Website: sparefoot.com/Dallas-TX-self-storage.html
Over 21,000 Dallas residents have found self storage solutions with SelfStorage.com, and dozens of units are reserved in Dallas daily. The company lists which facilities have the cheapest rate for the size of unit customers need. SelfStorage.com also lets users browse by amenities to find which locations have 24/7 access, climate-controlled units and vehicle, RV and boat storage.
- Service areas: Greater Dallas area
- Address: Serves Dallas residents
- Phone number: (844) 436-0385
- Hours of operation: Call for hours
- Website: selfstorage.com/self-storage/texas/dallas
CubeSmart offers a full suite of storage options, including vehicle storage. Military personnel receive an extra 10% off that can be combined with other discounts and promotions. Most locations also provide free or affordable moving truck rentals to get your belongings to a facility.
- Service areas: North Dallas, Northwest Dallas, Far North Dallas and Richardson
- Address: 5818 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, TX 75240; multiple locations
- Phone number: (855) 619-7739
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 8:30am - 5pm; Sun: 11am - 3pm
- Website: cubesmart.com/texas-self-storage/dallas-self-storage
Storage Choice’s facilities have a convenient Farmers Market location and climate-controlled building. Customers can drive their cars inside the building, allowing them to load and unload their belongings in comfort. Renters can also rent a unit by phone and receive a gate code access immediately.
- Service areas: Downtown Dallas, Deep Ellum, Uptown, Baylor Hospital and the Design District
- Address: 2425 Canton St., Dallas, TX 75226; multiple locations
- Phone number: (214) 741-1988
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm
- Website: storagechoice.com/texas-storage-locations/dallas/2425-canton-st/
Dallas Self Storage has a wide range of storage unit sizes to suit any need. The company’s freight elevators and free hand cart make it easy to load and unload your unit. Resident managers frequently walk the floor and grounds, and the facility receives pest control applications to avoid infestations.
- Service areas: Central Dallas and nearby communities
- Address: 6434 Maple Ave., Dallas, TX 75235
- Phone number: (214) 956-7000
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 5:30pm; Sun: 11am - 3pm
- Website: dallasselfstorage.com
Access your storage unit year-round with Storage Plus of Garland. The facility offers a tenant protection plan, fully-fenced-and-gated property and outdoor and covered parking areas. The property also has outdoor boat storage and electronic keypad access. Dallas storage renters can save money with Storage Plus of Garland's referral program and free storage reservations.
- Service areas: Windsor Park, Redbud, Crystal Lakes, Broadway Village, Trail Valley, Shores of Eastern Hills and Lakeview
- Address: 3402 Bobtown Rd, Garland, TX 75043
- Phone number: (972) 215-7095
- Hours of operation: M - Sat: 9:30am - 5:30pm; Sun: 1am - 5pm
- Website: mystorageplus.com/storage-plus-of-garland
Life Storage properties have enhanced security, moving supplies and RV storage at many locations. The company also accepts and signs for its tenant’s UPS and FedEx deliveries. Large elevators, moving carts and drive-up self storage eliminate the hassle of moving belongings in or out.
- Service areas: Stemmons Corridor, Inwood, Mesquite, Vickery Meadow, Farmers Market District, Oak Lawn, Casa Linda, University Park, Plano, Allen, Garland, North Dallas, Northwest Dallas, Frisco, Dalworthington Gardens, McKinney, Sterling Creek, Carrollton, Richardson, Bedford, Watauga, Summerfields, Grand Prairie, Duncanville, Euless, Lewisville and Cedar Hill
- Address: 717 S. Good Latimer Expressway, Dallas, TX 75223
- Phone number: (469) 759-9998
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 8:30am - 5pm; Sun: 12pm - 4pm
- Website: lifestorage.com/storage-units/texas/dallas
All Storage offers tall ceilings, extra-wide drives and auto bill pay options. The properties have security cameras, bright lighting and spacious leasing offices. The company offers multiple unit sizes ranging from small lockers to boat storage.
- Service areas: Mesquite, Garland, Grand Prairie, Carrollton, Arlington, Rowlett, Plano, Bedford and Hurst
- Address: 5315 N. Galloway Ave., Mesquite, TX 75150
- Phone number: (972) 200-3048
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 5pm
- Website: allstorageonline.com/storage-units/texas/dallas
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!