Find the Best Storage Units in San Antonio, TX
Top 10 San Antonio Self Storage Companies
|Extra Space Self Storage||Read 288 Reviews|
Extra Space Storage got its start in 1977 and is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the United States. It is a publicly-traded company focused on increasing shareholder value.
|Public Storage||Read 757 Reviews|
Public Storage built its first self-storage unit in 1972. Today, it is a publicly-traded company operating in both the United States and Europe.
|CubeSmart San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Operates 15 storage locations in the Greater San Antonio area. Offers units in a variety of sizes from mini storage units that are 5' x 5' to larger units for vehicles, boats, and RVs measuring 10' x 20' or larger.
|Life Storage San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Has 24 storage facilities throughout the San Antonio metro. Offers indoor and outdoor storage units and features that include climate control, 24-hour gate access, commercial storage, drive-up accessibility and elevators.
|Noah's Ark Self Storage||Read Author Review|
Operates five storage facilities throughout San Antonio. Climate-controlled storage units come in a variety of sizes, from 5x5 to 10x30. Features elevators, coded entry and a covered bay for loading and unloading.
|RightSpace Storage - San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Lets customers choose between an outdoor or climate-controlled unit located at the three storage facilities in San Antonio. Rent large units that fit cars and boats as well as units with drive-up access.
|SelfStorage.com - San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Helps people living in the San Antonio area find and book storage units via their convenient online marketplace. Offers all storage unit types, sizes and amenities.
|SpareFoot San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Lists storage options on its online marketplace so people living in San Antonio can compare storage unit prices and features. Provides discounts for military service members and college students.
|StorageMart San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Runs five storage facilities in San Antonio that offer units as small as 5x5 to extra-large units measuring 50x20. Requires no long-term contracts or deposits.
|Units Moving and Portable Storage||Read Author Review|
Offers portable storage services to San Antonio homes and businesses. Delivers, transports and stores storage containers for customers. Transports containers locally and long-distance.
San Antonio storage unit costs
The most significant factor when it comes to self storage pricing is the size of your storage unit. For instance, a 5' x 5' unit averages to $40 a month, but the monthly cost for a much larger 10' x 20' unit is roughly $161. However, other factors include contract length, payment plan, insurance, location of the unit and the time of year you start renting.
|Size||Average monthly cost|
|5' x 5’||$40|
|5’ x 10’||$53|
|10’ x 10’||$89|
|10’ x 15’||$113|
|10’ x 20’||$161|
Typically, storage units rent by the month with bill pay online or autopay. It's important you pay for your storage unit on time – Texas law gives storage companies the right to place a lien on your goods if payment is 15 days overdue. The law also allows companies to sell your items at auction.
We strongly recommend looking at insuring all stored items. Most storage companies require you to have insurance and give you the option to purchase it for around $10 a month. Keep in mind that your belongings away from your home may not be covered by your existing homeowners or renters insurance policy. Review your policy or give your agent a call to find out if you're covered.
It’s standard for insurance policies to cover furniture, clothes and other personal property that are damaged by:
- Other insured disasters
You can save money on self storage when you agree to a rental period that’s longer than a month, and it’s common to get your first month free for signing a three-month lease. San Antonio storage unit companies also offer discounts for college students, active-duty military and more.
How to choose a San Antonio storage company
In San Antonio, remember three things when searching for a self storage company: indoor or outdoor unit, facility location and if any extra amenities are required.
Your first decision is the choice between indoor or outdoor storage. Storage units at outdoor facilities are not climate-controlled and are subject to the extreme San Antonio heat. However, outdoor units are easier to load and unload — you can pull your car up directly to your storage like you do your garage at home. This feature makes outdoor units a good option for furniture that is hard to move.
With an indoor storage facility, the units are climate-controlled and maintain a temperature between 60 and 80 degrees to protect your property from the humid Alamo City environment. Items you should store in a climate-controlled facility are:
- Appliances and electronics
- Important documents
- Antiques and artwork
You also have an added layer of security when you choose to go with an indoor, climate-controlled unit. A climate-controlled unit costs 25 percent more than outdoor storage, so keep this in mind if you are looking for affordability in San Antonio.
Another option is portable storage. When you select portable storage, a company drops off a container to your door and you fill it. After you fill it, the company picks it back up and transports it to one of its storage facilities. When you’re done storing your stuff, the company brings the container back to you.
Last of all, consider amenities. Storage companies often have 24-hour video surveillance to keep your belongings safe. Having a manager on-site during business hours also adds an extra layer of security and is available at some facilities. Other amenities include electronic gate access that you can access any time day or night.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Sacramento self storage company information
Noah's Ark Self Storage operates five storage facilities throughout the San Antonio area. All units are climate-controlled and come in a variety of sizes from 5' x 5' to 10' x 30'. The company also has convenient storage units located at ground level with drive-up access. San Antonio residents can access their units every day of the week, and staff is on-site six days a week. The facilities feature elevators, coded entry and a covered bay for loading and unloading.
- Service areas: San Antonio, Bulverde, Buda, Converse, Stone Oak, Texas Hill
- Address: 19130 Stone Oak Pkwy, San Antonio, TX 78258
- Phone number: (210) 767-3138
- Hours of operation: M - Sat: 8:30am - 5:30pm; Sun: closed
- Website: noahsarkselfstorage.com/self-storage-san-antonio-tx-252001
Units Moving and Portable Storage offers portable storage services to San Antonio homes and businesses. It delivers, transports and stores storage containers for customers. Transport service is even available for customers moving across the country. Containers are available in two sizes: 12 feet and 16 feet. Customers can request a free quote on the company’s website.
- Service areas: San Antonio, Alamo Heights, Boerne, Cibolo, Fair Oaks Ranch, Garden Ridge, Leon Springs, Leon Valley, Oak Hills, Schertz, Stone Oak, Terrel Hills and surrounding areas
- Address: 827 AT&T Center Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78219
- Phone number: (210) 591-7437
- Hours of operation: M - Sat: 8am - 5pm; Sun: closed
- Website: unitsstorage.com/locations/texas/san-antonio
SpareFoot is an online marketplace where San Antonio residents can compare storage options throughout the city. The marketplace analyzes prices and features, and customers can reserve storage services on the company’s website. The Sparefoot blog is packed with tips on storage, organization and moving. SpareFoot provides discounts for college students and military service members.
- Service areas: Greater San Antonio
- Address: N/A
- Phone number: (844) 335-4182
- Hours of operation: N/A
- Website: sparefoot.com/San-Antonio-TX-self-storage.html
SelfStorage.com is an online storage locator that helps people living in San Antonio rent storage units. Customers have a variety of storage options to choose, including climate-controlled, drive-up access and 24-hour gate access. The company’s website compares prices, sizes, features and amenities for storage units in San Antonio. No credit card is required to reserve storage services.
- Service areas: San Antonio, Schertz, New Braunfels, San Marcos and the surrounding areas
- Address: N/A
- Phone number: (855) 354-6367
- Hours of operation: N/A
- Website: selfstorage.com/self-storage/texas/san-antonio
Life Storage operates 24 locations throughout the San Antonio Metro. Storage options include both indoor and outdoor units. Facility features include climate control, 24-hour gate access and commercial storage, as well as drive-up accessibility, elevators and emergency service using the company’s online service portal. San Antonio residents can book storage units on the company’s website for free.
- Service areas: San Antonio, West Fort, Fort Sam Houston, Kelly, Castle Hills, Sunrise, Leon Valley, Windcrest, Crown Meadows, Pipers Meadow, Adam Hills, Stone Oak, Live Oak, Timberwood Park, Universal City
- Address: 2417 Jackson Keller Rd, San Antonio, TX 78230
- Phone number: (210) 342-2211
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 8:30am - 5pm; Sun: 12pm - 4pm
- Website: lifestorage.com/storage-units/texas/san-antonio
RightSpace Storage has three storage facilities in the metro area with climate-controlled and outdoor units. Storage with drive-up access or large units for cars and boats are also available. The company offers month-to-month rental agreements, with prices starting at $35 a month.
- Service areas: San Antonio, Converse
- Address: 3567 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX 78201
- Phone number: (210) 405-5002
- Hours of operation: M - Sat: 9am - 6pm; Sun: closed
- Website: rightspacestorage.com/self-storage-locations/search/?keyword=San%20Antonio,TX
CubeSmart Self Storage has 15 storage locations in the Greater San Antonio area. Storage space is available for residential and commercial customers, including units with drive-up access and climate control. The company offers units in a variety of sizes from mini storage units that are 5' x 5' to larger units that fit cars, trucks, boats and RVs. Large units measuring 10' x 20' start at $73/mo.
- Service areas: San Antonio, Schertz, New Braunfels, Universal City, Converse, Live Oak, Kirby and surrounding areas
- Address: 9238, I-10, San Antonio, TX 78230
- Phone number: (210) 593-0909
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 8:30am - 5pm; Sun: 11am - 3pm
- Website: cubesmart.com/texas-self-storage/san-antonio-self-storage/large/
StorageMart operates five storage facilities in San Antonio that offer units as small as 5' x 5' to extra-large units measuring 50' x 20'. The company has climate-controlled storage units as well as outdoor units with drive-up access. StorageMart requires no long-term contracts or deposits. The company offers a discount on the first month’s rent.
- Service areas: San Antonio, Alamo Heights, Helotes and surrounding areas
- Address: 400 W Olmos Dr, San Antonio, TX 78212
- Phone number: (210) 737-0189
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 9:30am - 4pm; Sun: closed
- Website: storage-mart.com/san-antonio