SpareFoot is a price comparison tool for storage units, vehicle storage, moving trucks and portable storage containers. Customers can use its website to search local self-storage facilities, compare prices and book everything online with no additional fees. Storage units are typically sized from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 30 feet. Car, RV and boat storage is also available.
- Online booking with no credit card
- Deals on other storage costs
- Price comparison
- Not available in all cities
- Some units lack pricing
SpareFoot lists local storage units and offers online reservations and price comparisons. It also shows deals on portable storage containers, moving trucks and vehicle storage.
What is SpareFoot?
SpareFoot is a search engine designed to help you find the right storage solution for your needs. To find a storage provider through SpareFoot, use its facility search tool to find local storage companies in your area. You can then compare prices of storage spaces starting at 5 feet by 5 feet, with amenities like climate control and 24/7 access at some facilities.
Reservations can be made online for all local providers, and the company has no hidden fees and does not require a credit card. SpareFoot offers a wide variety of discounts on its website, with many facilities offering up to a free month of rent.
You can also purchase moving supplies online through SpareFoot, including moving boxes, bubble wrap, tape, covers, pads and other supplies. Local deals are available for portable storage containers through PODS, Zippy Shell and U-Pack or moving trucks with Penske. Some storage facilities offer free moving truck rental with the cost of unit rental.
SpareFoot’s pricing varies based on your location, the facility and the size of the storage space. Monthly costs run from $40 a month to more than $135 per month, with the average customer spending $90 per month. Many facilities offer discounts ranging from 10% to 100% off your first month’s rent price. These local facilities may also charge administrative fees or security deposits when you move in.
Vehicle storage typically ranges from $75 to $110 per month. Additional services, such as portable storage or moving trucks, are arranged through a third party, but SpareFoot customers can get up to 10% off. Moving supplies are competitively priced, and the company offers moving kits that range from $40 for up to two rooms to $425 for ten rooms or more.
- Are SpareFoot storage units air conditioned?
- Air-conditioned units are available on SpareFoot. Search for local storage units and filter the results by those with climate control.
- How big are SpareFoot storage units?
- SpareFoot units typically range from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 30 feet. Dimensions vary from provider to provider.
- Where is SpareFoot storage available?
- SpareFoot is available in many cities nationwide. Check the company’s website to see if there are available storage units near you.
- Is SpareFoot storage worth it?
- Yes, SpareFoot is worth looking into if you’re trying to find a storage unit. SpareFoot lets you compare prices and features of local storage facilities. It doesn’t charge a service fee to book a reservation for a storage unit in your area.
Is SpareFoot legit?
SpareFoot is a safe, legitimate service for those who want to compare prices and features for storage units throughout the country. Whether you’re moving, remodeling or storing family heirlooms, SpareFoot provides useful tools that help you compare facilities in your local area. You can find units with climate control, 24/7 access, drive-up access and in-unit electricity. While many units include pricing and can be booked online, you may have to contact specific facilities for pricing information.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,827,741 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I booked a storage unit through Sparefoot on Mar 6 2022 for a rental that started on April 2 2022. A week later, I cancelled the reservation since I did not need it anymore. I got a Cancellation Processed email from them on Mar 24 2022. Since then I have been charged for the unit that I have never used!! When I call them, they say their website is only for reservations and not cancellation. Then why in the world do they have a cancel like in their email?? These guys just pass on the baton off, no accountability whatsoever! Beware.
I just want to point out that Tammy from Springfield, MO location was a big help. Very convenient and she called around for me to get me the cheapest price. She is the definition of awesome customer service.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
SpareFoot Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.