3.5/5 (575 ratings)

About Public Storage

Public Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Storage?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I don't know where to start! This place is amazing, super convenient to be able to haul your stuff in and out all day with great customer service. I am new to this storage thing, but man It's super close to my house and better than storing my belongings at my place! One of the employees there, her name is Angelica. She is a great help if I had any questions or needed any assistance with anything. She's always there making sure everything under control at Public storage picking up trash and things left behind from recent renters.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Every time I come in I'm greeted by Trica. She is wonderful, always so sweet and Listens to my problems. We just love her. I almost moved to a cheaper place but Trica talked me out of it and I stayed. She's the best. Keep her.

Get buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2022

PS - South 44th St, KC, KS. Manager: Kelly As always, Kelly, the manager of the S. 44th St. location in Kansas city, KS., shows us Rockstar property management, exemplary professionalism, and consistent courtesy. I've worked with Kelly for over 3+ yrs at this location, and while much of that time the country was navigating Covid, with skeleton staff, I personally communicated regularly with Kelly; and while she was the only staff-member on-site for easily 1.5+ yrs, I watched her manifest the same level of pinnacled 5 star professionalism, had she had 20 employees. She continues to embrace, uphold, and honor the kind of customer experience principles and leadership acumens, for every guest, acct. holder, or trainee, that many companies and their staff no longer require, nor coach as basic or genuine manners towards customers.

Today, I was pleased to meet Frankie, a new-hire in training for KC area, who was as delightful, professional, and personable as they come. She's lucky to have the chance to train with Kelly at the S. 44th KCK location, and we wish her the best of luck as she transitions to her downline property. Again, hats off to Kelly (and her team) at the PS South 44th St., KCK location - with a PS facility directly adjacent to where I live, she's the reason I still have the unit at the s. 44th St. location, over a mile away. E

Original review: June 22, 2022

I was at the store # 25958 in Boynton Beach, Fl where David is normally the manager and helps me out but lately I been help by a wonderful young lady Maquesta ** who has made me feel so reassuring about keeping my storage. I really appreciate her customer service and knowledge of the company! Keep up the great work.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Public storage 25988. Hi, I'm not a customer and this is so ironic. I got lost and Public Storage was my only Landmark. Just the other day I walked into the store and asked for directions to a dentist office nearby. Just so happened we attend the same orthodontist and she took the time to give me directions. Very patient, humble young lady. If I ever need to rent I will definitely choose Public Storage. Lori made the rest of my day less stressful.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I informed them thru the app that I would be moving out on Dec. 30, 2022. I took off from work that day to indeed move out of the Public Storage on 11085 Walnut Hill Ln. in Dallas, Tx. In the over 6 hours it took for us to move out of the unit, clean the unit and move the lock, at no time did anyone from Public Storage show up to confirm that I was moving or had moved out. Later that night, I informed them that I had, as stated I would, cleaned the unit and took my lock with me.

Now here we are days and weeks later, I'm getting phone calls, text messages and now emails stating I owe them for the month of January plus late fees. I attempted to contact them thru their customer service number, messages to them thru their webpage and no one had reached out to me. Therefore, on 01.11.23, I went to their webpage again but instead of leaving a message, I used the chat feature and spoke to someone by the name of James. I informed him that I moved out of that unit on 12.30.22 and that I do not owe them any more money.

He stated he would place a move out dispute with the property manager and someone would get in contact with me in 24-48 hours. No one has contacted me. Instead, I received an email that I now owe them $98.00 because I moved out on 01.13.23. Basically, they removed the late now and are now attempting to charge me for the month of January when I had indeed moved out on 12.30.22. I did not move out on 01.13.23. I moved out on 12.30.22. Had they bothered to check the unit, they would have seen that the unit was empty, clean and the lock removed. I can never reach anyone. I've tried numerous times to reach the property manager to no success. Their customer service number is a joke as one can never - EVER -speak to a live person. I do not owe and will not pay what I do not owe just because they were too lazy to go and check the property on 12.30.22.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I’ve been a loyal customer for years and have had gradual, reasonable increases to my monthly rent. For 2023 they’ve raised my monthly rent 20% (!) and refused to adjust it lower when asked. The online rep’s reply was, “Get a smaller rental unit.” This is customer service?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Please note: FIRST MONTH'S RENT IS NOT $1. I got my lease on December 18, 2022. I am thinking rent is not due until January 18, 2022. No, the prorated rent for January is due 14 days later, January 1, 2023. I was informed by customer service that if the prorated amount is not paid by January 1, 2023, they will lock my unit on 1/2/2023. I wish I had read the reviews before I rented.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I have never wrote a bad review but having went through this I just had to share, I moved my things out of storage half way through the move, the elevator breaks down so the movers had to move my things down 3 flights of stairs. I don't have a problem with the storage place but you should have elevators that work for commercial use, I have never seen this happen before, I ended up paying $400 more on my move because of the extra time it took for them to get stuff downstairs, that was very upsetting.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I chose Public Storage for my storage unit because of location, convenience, and a competitive rate. I have never had a storage unit. Everything was smooth. After 5 months I noticed my bill increased $60 a month for rent, almost 25%. Mind you, the current promotion on my unit is half of the rent I was paying. I was forced to rent a truck and get out and will never go back. Employees could care less. Company can increase your rent at any time for any reason. Just a bait and switch company and a horrible business model. I am moving to another storage unit company, paying a little more but do not expect ridiculous rent increases. I would not recommend Public Storage to anyone.

Public Storage author review by Jessica Render

Public Storage is a global self-storage provider offering facilities in the United States and Europe. Along with self-storage they can accommodate business storage needs and vehicle storage needs.

• Unit sizes: Public Storage offers unit sizes ranging from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 25 feet. The smallest unit can hold the contents of a small room or a large closet, while the largest unit can hold the contents of a 250-square foot business space or up to six rooms. Vehicle storage spaces range from uncovered to enclosed for cars and large spaces for RVs and boats.

• Moving supplies: If you are in need of moving and packing supplies, Public Storage offers boxes, packing supplies, tape and specific moving kits for purchase. They provide free shipping on orders of $75 or more.

• Business storage: Public Storage offers various businesses tips and ways to use storage to make operations more convenient. Real estate, office, construction and retail businesses have easy access to units for daily or seasonal needs.

• Discounts: Consumers can go online for discounts and specials such as $1 first month rent on selected units for new customers and 15 percent off monthly rent.

• Service areas: Thanks to the acquisition of Shurgard Self-Storage, Public Storage has self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. Consumers should check the interactive map online to determine their nearest location.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Public Storage Company Information