1.48/5
Based on 74 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

593 Public Storage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

2 year customer and I'm never going back. I often work long shifts and former OTR driver so I never make in time to pay in person so I pay online. After an incident with identity theft I had to make a late payment a month (or two) back. The majority of the stuff I had in my truck is in storage and never got around to clearing the building out due to my current job. So I figured since I recently bought a camper for my upcoming vacation that a lot of the stuff in storage may be useful. Well there was a different lock and tag on the unit and the reason for it is because of the ONE LATE PAYMENT. "It was in my policy" and they're "not required to alert the customer about being late " and "it's up to the site manager to make the courtesy call"... NO text, no automated system, but hey you get a postcard in the mail whenever they increase the rates on your building.

If you put the poor girl on the phone repeating that "policy" line in front of a drive thru microphone I doubt you could tell the difference and the results of your requests would be the same. You lost me as a customer and if they had any kind of way to review their company (SPOILER ALERT... they don't, see for yourself) I would go all millennial on it. Will poop emojis.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was desperate not to lose my son's belongings 19 years he's had because he left for the Navy so I needed storage and the only place I can find was Public Storage on Route 23 in Wayne. I couldn't believe the price for a 10x10 which was 163! They were not willing to work with me one penny off since I'm low income but I was not going to lose my only child belongings for the past 19 years, I only had help for one day from one person as I am somewhat disabled and cannot do much but anyway the girl who runs the office is like a **. Telling me I'm forced to the girl who runs the office is like a **. For that price they should throw things in but yet they force you to buy a simple little lock for $25 and they tell you it's mandatory to buy insurance from them. No way!

I ran out Home Depot and bought a $5 lock and put it on and did not buy insurance. That was July 2017 Then in September 2017 I get a notice my rent was being raised by $22 per month for a 10x10 area! How can it be legal for them to raise my rent when I was only there two months? I asked them both questions and not one answer. I am alone and literally have no choice but to leave my things there and since last year I've never been one day late but unfortunately I was the victim of an assault a few months ago and since then I've had to leave my job and just many other awful things have been happening and I forgot to make my payment on the 6th last month and I remembered on the 8th so besides my rent now being 184 95 per month, they tacked on a $31 late fee.

I almost threw up. I had to pay $215 for a 10 by 10 space and I asked her to please waive it that I have been on time for the past year. One day late and she said they don't do that. That is such disgusting customer service and I have been a c-level executive personal assistant to the most powerful, influential, prominent CEOs and their executive teams for the past 30 years and I have never ever heard of a company being allowed to treat customers so disgustingly. Things are still going off of for me and I thought today was the 6th and it is the 7th. I called them immediately to make my payment. She would not take off the $31. The $31 hit at noon and I called her at 1:30. It was one and a half hours after the late charge was imposed and she would not take it off again.

This place is so disgusting for their practices and God doesn't like ugly so they should look over their shoulder or up at the sky because he absolutely cannot like what they're doing to people. Especially people who have worked every day in their life, raise one child to now dedicated his life to serve our country. I am disabled, out of work due to being the victim of a sexual assault and there is no compassion or Humanity whatsoever with this company. I'm sitting in my car crying because I don't know how to come up with $215 today. Any other company I've worked with that I was able to tell what happened to me which I was only able to do after months of trauma therapy, have all worked with me because I've been in and out of crisis centers, trauma therapy treatment etc so it's very hard to work when your mind is non-existent and this piece of garbage at this facility doesn't care about anything or anybody.

I have no family. I have nobody and I cannot move my things on my own as I have Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, degenerative back disease which has caused me to have five major back surgery so far and three more to come and I'm only telling this personal information because the woman in the office saw how bad I was doing today. I was moving in still no compassion. I refuse to sit on my butt and collect from taxpayers so I can avoid shared driver because it's the only thing I can do with got your traumatic event happening to me, and I pray to God every day for an answer to get my things out of this Public Storage please. I can't even pay my apartment rent since this happened to me and to have to come up with $215 on top of that, I honestly don't know what to do. The most inhumane immoral, disgusting place I've ever worked with.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 7, 2018 I had a unit with Public Storage in Tarpon Springs Florida for about 9 years. I couldn't afford it anymore. When I called to explain I was told I didn't need to notify them. I went online and scheduled a check out date. There was no indication that if I didn't check out before the 1st that I would be charged for a full month! I was out by the 1st assuming I would be billed at a pro-rated fee. The rep on site told me I had to pay the whole month! I didn't have the money! Barely a month later I've already been turned over to an unprofessional collection agency. I tried to work something out with corporate, nope. Pay it all, work it out with the collection agency. After 9 years, this is how you treat once loyal customers. $105 a month I was paying. I paid thousands of dollars and they won't even work out one month.

Way to treat long term customers.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have had a storage unit at the facility for over ten years. My storage unit fee has increased by 110%. It goes up every per year. There was nothing in my original contract that says it will go up especially at that rate. If I knew the fee was going to increase every year I would have never put my stuff at their facility. They say it's something about stock investments and cost of the area. However; units at that facility are going for 80 dollars less a month than what they are charging me. They give me no legal reason as to how they can do this.

Original review: July 4, 2018

DONT BE FOOLED by their lovely looking newer building and safe beautiful residential location. Due to their nonmaintenance of AC most of my stored items including antiques are now totally ruined by either water damage and or mold damage and smells!!! All they did was offer a 1 month refund. Doesn’t even put a dent into all my losses. Hopefully I have some legal recourse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Storage?

Original review: June 27, 2018

They charged me a late fee and were unable to remove it even though they agreed it was unreasonable. I paid my rent via Billpay on time for 3 years. Apparently once in those 3 years the check was late arriving even though the bank issued it on the usual date. This last time, they raised my rate from $140 to $154 and I didn't see the email. They called me when they got my rent check and I said I would have my bank send the difference and change the Billpay amount. She said she would tell the district manager it was on the way. They charged me $23.10 late fee and refuse to take it off when the additional $14 arrived 1 day after the rent deadline. Then I checked how much they are renting the same size storage unit if I walked in today. $122 and I am paying $154 because I have been there for 3 years!!! I am a customer no longer.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I obtained a storage unit for about a year starting May 2017. Went to remove all of my things from unit and realize the bad smell then discovered RAT feces everywhere. Torn papers, printer severely damaged, beds, blankets, couch, love seat, wooden nightstand and wooden fish tank stand all chewed up by "RATS". Staff basically laughed in my face. Public Storage ("LA CIENEGA/JEFFERSON"). No compensation all of these months I been paying my things was getting ate by "RATS".

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had stored with Public Storage for a while in the past and had a fairly good experience. Went to this new site because I needed to store some of my things along with, Army Vet Dads belongings. I was paying monthly as agreed. Lost my lock key. Kept calling to get the lock removed, so I could either, move or replace lock. We got no response. Found out later, that their phones were in transition for new numbers. They said they called us?? We did get a call from a Public Storage, with a long distance number. The message asked us about a new move in reservation. Which we didn't have??

Later, discovered there was a rent increase, this we weren't aware of. Long story short. A lien was placed, plus late fees. Called facility again, and for explanation (now phones are working and with a new long distance number) was told to call GM for assistance. Then called his supervisor... We got nowhere. She told me to pay a certain amount if we wanted access and avoid auction. Called VA, and that amount was paid. However, the next day, we saw there were more fees? I called to get an explanation... no response. Still waiting. Are they wanting to auction our things off?

Original review: June 10, 2018

One of the worst experiences of my life; doing business with Public Storage. Location: 63rd and Market St in Upper Darby, PA. I have been a loyal customer for 3 years, never once have I paid late. Every year the rent increases. They increase the rent and do not do maintenance on their property, as the facility smells of urine and is physically dirty. This was supposed to be a temporary situation for me but it turned out to be another monthly bill. I go to check on my belongings and my storage unit was infested with rat feces, dead insects and mold on my belongings.

As you can imagine I am so upset I spent thousands of dollars on my furniture and paid thousands of dollars to this company for rent. I spoke with the property manager. She tells me the only thing she can do is move me to a new unit or I can file a claim. When I spoke with the person from the insurance company she informed me the most I would get is $250. I paid way more than that over the 3 years in insurance. Are you kidding me. I decided I would take items that were salvageable and just leave the rest and be done with this company. Why should I have to pay to move infected furniture due to this company’s negligence.

I returned my lock and key and told them to sell the stuff. The manager tells me that I owe for June’s rent. Umm excuse me I did not stay the entire month of June so how can they charge a full month? Then they turn around, put their own lock on the unit and inform me that I would continued to be charged rent until the unit is cleaned out and if I don’t pay them within 60 days they start the lien process. So I had no choice but to hire a moving company to remove the furniture and take it to the dump. Yes the DUMP and it cost me $350 to get the movers.

All my hard earned money gone, all My belongings ruined and thrown out and this place takes zero liability. I’m not sure how this is even legal, their practices totally Unethical. Public Storage steals money and takes advantage of people that have to use their facility. This entire situation has been so upsetting and disheartening all my money down the drain. Disgusting, scam artist and disrespectful. Run far far away from Public Storage. I do not recommend them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

STORAGE LOCATION - 20 E University Drive, Arlington Heights, IL, 60004. Do not store here. They raise their rates every 3-4 months. In 9 months our rent has doubled!!! It is so not worth it! Looking elsewhere where we lock in a rate. They do it based on occupancy. They have no occupancy because they keep raising their rates!!! Find another company... Scam, scam, scam!!! Very disappointed!!!

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had the opportunity to have multiple business dealings at numerous locations in the Florida Lake Worth Area with regards to renting storage spaces and parking spaces (4 in total). My overall experience was not consistent and included misinformation... Conflicting policy facts as to when charges would be engaged... That included wrong dates and expiration times over four facility managers. One manager named Marlon was very well versed. Had a command of what Public Storage policy was all about. However the other three facility managers had conflicting information that cost me money that I was not suppose to be charged for? Marlon gave me the contact number of the district manager (Stephanie) and I called her and left a message twice to avail? She never returned my money or even called me to tell me her take on this shady companies way of deciding when your rent is due?

So here is the RUB... I should never have trusted them to take direct withdrawal from my checking account because they took money in error and never returned it! This is your typical very big company that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing (confusing/conflicting verbal policy information)? And... The upper management is too busy to service their customers to satisfaction (District Manager Stephanie never returned my calls).

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have rented a $400 storage unit on November 2016 to put all my old office furniture that I did not need. I filed a bankruptcy on December 16 and I returned my keys. I told them that they could sell my stuff on an auction because I was filing a bankruptcy. You know what they did? They did not sell my stuff, they waited until my Bankruptcy discharge (Feb 18) and they have been trying to charge me $9000 for the last 15 months of unpaid rent! This is the level of people that you will deal with. BE VERY CAREFUL, THEY LIE IN ORDER TO CHARGE YOU HOWEVER THEY CAN. I am going to file a lawsuit.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I arrived at Public Storage approximately 10 minutes from 9 to put a few things in storage for my van. About an hour later I went to leave and I access code would not open the gate. It kept repeating, "Call the office." I called the office. There was no one there. There was a manager's apartment above the office which I kept honking my horn to no avail. I tried going on the internet and find an emergency number and got the runaround. They are irresponsible and I would go as far as saying criminal in their behavior. It is a liability and when I finally did get out hours later only due to the fact that I actually guessed a six-digit emergency code which was unbelievable, I left a message for them before had done that saying that if I was stuck there I would sue them.

The next day I got a call from the manager saying that they want to speak to me as soon as possible and about possible eviction. Basically they're putting their negligence and liability on to me for being there after hours when there is no obvious sign that says you will be locked in if you do not leave at that time. My belief was the gates closed to get in there at 9 since I had outside access. They were rude, unprofessional, and I still have not spoken to them after I called and left a message that if they evict me I will sue them and despicable of a business.

They told me I had a locked-in rate in. When I went there it was Triple the price to move in then what they said, they forced me to get insurance saying that I actually had to. When I spoke to an attorney in California he said, "Absolutely not. They lied to you," and the locks on the units can be pried open and broke with a screwdriver and they force you to buy a lock which you can never use anywhere else because it is a little cylinder lock and you cannot use your own. You must buy one of theirs and it is a type of lock that you would not be able to use on anything else. It is a disgrace. They should be shut down for violations and liabilities and criminal behavior regarding ethics and fraud. I will be speaking to them after the weekend and will update my resolve.

They are absolutely unprofessional, deceiving, and just want you to come there and put your stuff there because they know once people put their stuff there they will most likely not move the stuff out even if they hike your rate every year by 25%. Do not do business with them. And if you have ever been locked in there or had liability issues, consumers we should all get together and file a class action lawsuit and make them pay fines and a large sum so they changed their policies and horrible business ethics and professionalism I've never seen anywhere else. Period.

I will also state the people's names I talk to you in a company after I asked him why you have no emergency working number to resolve these issues because obviously once in awhile this happens and it seems there are many more issues as describe on the internet as far as employees robbing people's belongings, treating them disrespectfully, and talking to them as if they were a little child and these office workers, so-called with no other skills whatsoever other than taking cigarette breaks and giving people keys... And of course last but not least, taking their money, it is the only time I see them smile is when the payment is made.

Original review: May 10, 2018

PS added an additional month, 103.00, after we complied with all their termination instructions and moved out. We contacted the manager as instructed and he never returned our calls. Now a collection company from India is calling us three times a day and harassing us for payment. No one from Public Storage returns our calls. This is a "move out scam" where PS claims their "move out" instructions were not fully complied with, and, our complaint is their instructions are incomplete and even designed to let them charge another month fee. Total scam...

Original review: May 2, 2018

After only five months of renting, here’s a $22 rate increase. Called in to be told you signed a month to month lease and rates can be changed at any time. Customer service representatives are very rude, if you can find another company do so.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I just got off the phone with a rep who was kind of rude when I was trying to get an understanding of why I was being charged an entire month of my belongings not being in the unit. So yesterday I got off work around 5 and was headed there to take everything out the unit and be done with them because I’ve had nothing but issues with these ** since I started, but it was rush hour traffic and what usually takes me 30 mins to get there, I took me a little over an hour. Doing so I call them and tell them, "I’m taking everything out my unit today and I’m headed there now." She tells me I better hurry before they close or I would get charged for the full month of May.

This doesn’t sit well with me because first off I won’t be there at all in May so why the hell would you charge me for a full month of service. I ended up getting there and removing all my stuff that day. It didn’t take me long seeing how it was just a couch, tables and 1 dresser. So I just called them about 10 mins ago and she tells me that it’s in their company policy that they can do that. I asked for her for to email me a copy of the policy. She got pissy with me and told me she can’t. I don’t know what type of customer service they think they are providing but it’s **! My biggest issue is the fact that they are charging me for a full ** month and my property will not be in there! If you are considering doing public storage for storing your belongings i will tell you not to waste your time nor money on these crooks.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I had my storage for 9 yrs. At first it was affordable but with so many rate hikes it really got out of control. I moved out before May 1 2018. I'm so happy. The staff was very very nice and I was happy but the money each month is not worth it. Please Think Before you Commit. I really didn't have too many problems, but rate hikes are a thing of the past.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I originally started out a $200 for this rental unit 10 x 30 in 2015. It is now April 2018 and my rental just went up to $350. Totally ridiculous. I have gotten rent increases every year. People are renting the same type of unit for less money. How is that legal? I have had enough. I was told I had to pay for insurance. That was a lie. I have yet to be reimbursed for all the insurance I paid after being told Public Storage required me to have it. As you can see on my contract for the insurance there is no initial where box is or what I was paying for. I believe I am entitled to reimbursement for the insurance I pay that I was told wrongfully that I was required to have it. And I really want Public Storage to answer for themselves. Why they are renting out units the same for many different prices? I liked being where I was priced. Really upset to have to move. I just couldn't afford the continual increases and the aggravation it caused.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I've been a loyal or stupid customer since 2005. My fee was 40 or 45 monthly. Today the same unit is 84 monthly. My unit has been broken into. The unit has been soaked from Hurricane Matthew. Rarely do I visit it cause most items were from my deceased husband. My account is debit the 3rd of each month. For April they charged me on the 2nd- which throwed me into overdraft fees. I called on the 3rd and was told it would be returned within 48hrs- I informed the office to stop auto draft and I will go into the office by Friday to avoid late fees. The 191 dollars were returned 4/6. 4/10 they turn around and debit my account for 191.00 after being told to cancel all draft. At this point I am over 200 dollars in overdraft fee. What can I do? My daughter have a unit which all payments come from my account. Her unit has gone up twice within the last 12 months.

Original review: April 11, 2018

In mid-December 2017, I received a letter from my local Public Storage facility addressing their current and most recent rate increase. Withholding personal details, the following is a word for word explanation of their 17% increase!!! "Thank you for choosing Public Storage. As the leader in the self-storage industry, we strive to provide great customer service in a clean, convenient, professionally managed location.

Effective January 1, 2018, the taxes in your county will change from 7.0% to 6.8%, affecting your monthly rental payments. Therefore, beginning with your January 1, 2018 rent and each month thereafter, your new monthly rent amount will be as follows: Rent per month; 17% increase, Move in discount, if applicable; 0.00, Rent tax per month; .02% decrease, Insurance per month; $11.00, Total monthly due; 17% increase.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was puzzled about everything about this place and the nice young lady name Mekdes at the Hegenberger Public Storage made me feel comfortable and security was great. She took care of me. Made everything understandable. I maybe use this place forever. Thanks for having great people work for you.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I received my second rate increase in less than 15 months. Compares to other storage places in the area they offer nothing to justify the hike. The lights in front of my unit NEVER worked. Even told the Manager 3 times. I finally had enough after the last price hike and removed everything from my unit on 4/1. Nobody was in the office which was fine. I called on. 4/2 and they said, "Oh well you owe for the entire month and somebody IS ALWAYS in the office 24-7." Seriously. Didn't even care why I was leaving.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have been a tenant at a PS location in Livonia MI for less than 2 years. THIS MONTH is my THIRD RATE INCREASE!! This time it was a 16% rate increase! WHY? Has overhead increased 16%? Taxes? Utilities? HELL NO. It's pure greed. And greed is far, far different than profit. I expect profit to be built into the cost of doing business. But THREE INCREASES in less than 18 months? Enough is enough. I will be vacating ASAP. They can kiss my **!

Original review: March 31, 2018

The rats were terrible. I had so much rat poop that I had to throw a lot of my stuff away and it made me sick when I cleaned it out even though I had a mask on and gloves. Also they changed the access hours so that you could access your unit after 5 or 6 at night no matter what day of the week it was. Early on when I moved in, I had lost my keys and needed to have my lock drilled out so I could buy a new one. I was told I had to have a regional manager drill it out. They told me what day he would be there. But when I went there you did not have the drill with him and he said I had to fill out a form. I filled out the form and gave it to the employee.

And I was told that the next day he would be there, would be the following Monday. The regional manager himself told me that. When I went there that day I was told by the worker that he was on vacation. And then I found out that he told the employee to throw my form in the garbage right after I left. That employee then quit his job. I had to wait then till he got back from vacation but he still wasn't there to drill it out and the employees that worked at that time found someone else to do it for me. I was unable to access my storage for over a month because of this. I will never rent from them again. I was there for almost 3 years. They also kept raising the prices until it cost almost twice as much as I did when I first started.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I was somewhat upset with the policies at your store. If you make a reservation and it’s said hold this unit, you expect the unit. I was told it only holds the price. Why? Make a reservation? Crystal saw I was not happy, but instead of giving me attitude, she stayed positive and upbeat. By the time I left she had me laughing. Sometimes, we as consumers, shouldn’t think that we are a person only customer for the day. Everything is relative. Crystal helps me to realize, that you can take a negative situation and leaving smiling! Thanks Crystal, your friendly and kind demeanor will not be forgotten!

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have two rental units totaling $460/month. The rent is due on the first day of each month. I am relocating out of state on April 7, 2018 and VERY DISAPPOINTED to find out that not only does Public Storage DEMAND full payment for the month with no PRO-rated fee for partial services rendered, they will rent your units out the very next day double-dipping! I was told I could leave my locks on both units for the rest of April, but that I would have to remove them at the end of April...obviously not possible when moving out of state. If I did keep locks on and did not remove them, Public Storage would continue to charge YOU for 2.5 months until moving the account into collections.

Get that! You have to pay a full month's rent in advance on the 1st of each month even though I'm moving out on April 7th and they will rent your unit out the following day if there is a new rental tenant and the only way to keep them from renting out your unit in April is to keep the locks on them and you must remove them at the end of April or continue to pay for 2.5 more months! IS THIS THE WAY TO TREAT A CUSTOMER?

Original review: March 24, 2018

Public Storage has false advertising. They will tell you the special price is locked in and hold your unit for you. Then when you come in at the designated appointment time the next morning suddenly your unit is gone and the price went up $100 that month. Terrible way to do business, you can not trust a thing they say! Horrible customer service the way they treat their customers. I will no longer use them for any storage needs and will go elsewhere. Public Storage is unethical and can’t be trusted!

Original review: March 19, 2018

I rented my space last week and I'm very happy with the customer service at the location I have chosen. The site is very nice kept and Nick the manager at this location is very knowledgeable and courteous, he really made my moving in a very pleasant one.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I relocated my storage from Wisconsin, I was paying $90 for a 10x20 unit for which they never raised my rates. I am now at the Public Storage at 2620 W Lake St in Hanover Park, Illinois. Yes, I relocated there based on the price of course, who doesn’t go for price. I started there Oct of 2017 paying $57 and by February 2018 they already have increased my rate by $18. I’m now paying $75 for a 5x10 unit. When I asked they said they sent me notification in the mail of the increase. I never received it. I think that’s a little high of a rate hike after only 5 months and I’m on autopay so I’m never late. Do your research before renting with this business.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I enter into a contract with Public Storage in Huntsville Alabama on 05/01/2011. The contract stated the first month contract rental was $1.00 and then $75 per month. Payment was to be paid on the 1st of each month but late fees will be asset after the 10th. Well on 5/7/2011, I paid $80.48 for the lease for the month of June 2011. Which place my account a month ahead then I paid the month of July 2011 in June. From that point on my bank had always automatically made payment by 8 - 10 of each month to ensure my payments were always ahead. Each year when there was an increase I would have my bank adjust the payment by increasing the level for the month it was due.

Well, several years Public Storage and I a disagreement as to my payment. Several time Public Storage lose my payments even when they received it, my payments were not credit to my account. I had to file several complaints with the Better Business and provide proof as to my payments. Each time Public Storage promised to correct my account but they failed correct it as they promised. Well, Public Storage in 2015 terminated my code to enter the property. They made the claimed that I failed to pay anything for Dec 2015 which was a lie. I provide proof because of filing a complaint with the BBB. Yet Public Storage did not care. I continue to my payments because of the fact of the property in storage like family heirloom, wife seasonal medical uniforms, very expensive bedding (New), Asian rug, 4 Televisions, X-mas items, dresser mirror, winter clothing, very expensive one of a kind Asian art and etc.

Public Storage and continued to disagree to this date and my bank continued to send my payments. My bank send my payment on 05/01/2017 which was for July 2017 but Public Storage filed a lien on my property even after I file another complaint again to BBB which again went to their corporate accounting office who responded that I was 2-months ahead but the Public Storage where I did business with were responsible as what will be done. Well, my local Public Storage sold all of my property for just over $630 and claimed that they charge $125 for recover fee out of the $630.

The total amount of loss of what they did was $25000.00 plus preventing my wife and I from moving any of our property back in 2015 to the present. They charged late fees when my account was and had always been 2-months ahead. Illegally filing a lien so they can sell my property when they know I was 2-months ahead after I filed a complaint with the BBB. Selling off my property when the payment for May 2017 was for July 2017, thus Public Storage stole funds, so they can sell my property to rent my storage unit again.

My case deals with: Breach of contract, loss of payments, deny of service due to company loss payment, broke promise to correct account when company realized they misplaced of payment, wrongful filed lien against personal property because company accounting error with they did correct, adding late fees because they failed to correct account due to accounting error, personal property sold by company, continued to send payments but company refused to provide service even after providing that I was 2-months ahead. Filed a complaint with the BBB over several years related loss payments. Corporate accounting admitted that I was 2-months ahead but, yet nothing was done to correct my account. Company stole payments without providing service due to their accounting error. Total value of property was $20000. Company sold everything for little more than $625 and even keep all money.

Public Storage expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Public Storage is a global self-storage provider offering facilities in the United States and Europe. Along with self-storage they can accommodate business storage needs and vehicle storage needs.

• Unit sizes: Public Storage offers unit sizes ranging from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 25 feet. The smallest unit can hold the contents of a small room or a large closet, while the largest unit can hold the contents of a 250-square foot business space or up to six rooms. Vehicle storage spaces range from uncovered to enclosed for cars and large spaces for RVs and boats.

• Moving supplies: If you are in need of moving and packing supplies, Public Storage offers boxes, packing supplies, tape and specific moving kits for purchase. They provide free shipping on orders of $75 or more.

• Business storage: Public Storage offers various businesses tips and ways to use storage to make operations more convenient. Real estate, office, construction and retail businesses have easy access to units for daily or seasonal needs.

• Discounts: Consumers can go online for discounts and specials such as $1 first month rent on selected units for new customers and 15 percent off monthly rent.

• Service areas: Thanks to the acquisition of Shurgard Self-Storage, Public Storage has self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. Consumers should check the interactive map online to determine their nearest location.

• Best for: Consumers with personal or business self-storage needs, both domestic and abroad.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs