1.36/5

618 Public Storage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

**, was very rude from the first day I went to the location at 2497 Grove Way, Castro Valley, CA 94546, to do the paperwork. The day I moved in I requested a cart to unload my stuff, ** said she was busy with a customer so I waited for her but she never showed up so I went back to the office and she said that she didn’t have any carts available. She screamed at me that she didn’t have any other cart. I told her that I was waiting for the last cart but she gave it to someone else.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am writing to complain about my belongings being destroyed at Public Storage's Butler Road facility early in 2018. I rented there for a few years starting in 2016 with no real problems except that the place was dusty and needed more cleaning which I stated to the supervisor there on several separate occasions. I found my unit infested by rodents on May 1, 2018. I immediately filed a claim and moved out and expected Public Storage, a big and powerful company to acknowledge their responsibility to keep rodents at bay and thus compensate me for my belongings lost especially since I did not store any food in my unit.

This is not an unreasonable request just to be compensated for items lost from a company who rakes in millions a year. You would expect Public Storage to have fair business practices and have a fund for duped customers like me. This should be normal practice! I calculated the damage and it came to $2300. This amount is nothing to Public Storage. Items lost were mostly gently used baby items (I was saving for my next child) including a car seat, bassinet, pack and play, baby carriers, and my things including dining room chairs, speakers, wick basket, air beds, among other things.

To my absolute horror their insurance company Sedgwick (or Orange Door) does not cover Vermin and could only compensate for $250. This adds serious insult to injury. I then wrote to all the executives individually including Ronald Havner, John Reyes, Debra **, and they did not care that I was just asking to be compensated for baby items lost. Seriously what a lack of heart!

I cannot express my absolute horror at the way I have been treated by Public Storage. I would like to ask that Public Storage fairly compensate me for my lost belongings. Informing renters that a rodent risk exists and that separate insurance to cover possible damage if necessary is critical. I was not told at the time this was necessary. I would also like to urge that Public Storage take the courtesy to alert renters when rodent problems are evident (there were droppings all over the second floor) in the facility so that renters can check in on their belongings. Furthermore, regular cleaning of older facilities such as Butler Road is necessary. I am now renting at Cube Smart and have been impressed with their facilities which are spotless as they are regularly cleaned.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

THE WORST PLACE EVER!!! While moving my things in a unit I'd previously had reserved I noticed I was running out of room and that I would need another unit. After making a reservation online the I went to the office to pay for the unit. The employee was aware that I'd made the reservation took me to see it & we went back to the office to confirm and pay. I stayed in the office for 25 minutes waiting on the employee to complete the transaction while being walked through it over the phone.

My cc was charged. She told me everything was fine and to let her know when I got to the gate if the access code worked. IT DIDN'T! so I used the code form the other unit I have to get in because I didn't have time to go back in and wait any longer being that my moving guys had been waiting the whole time I was there unable to continue not knowing where I wanted my items placed. All while on a schedule and not to mention we were EXHAUSTED from unpacking two 26" trucks.

I went back to the unit to continue unpacking when the employee came to the unit and TOLD me that I needed to come back to the office because of something that she did wrong (made the account in my mom's name that my other unit name is in) so AGAIN I had to go back. When I got back to the office she again was on the phone being instructed on how to correct the issue this time I was there for 15 minutes. She told me that they reversed the charges and I needed to present my cc again to be charged AGAIN! I told her that now those funds will not be available to me for 3 days and that, that is a big inconvenience for me.

I told her that I would need to leave because I had to return the two trucks that I have and I was VERY close to the time of the return. After waiting a few more minutes I couldn't wait any longer. She said everything was ok. I left she then RAN to my car tapped on my window and TOLD me that I HAD TO COME BACK IN that there was some paperwork she didn't have me sign. NOW I'M PISSED!!!

I WENT BACK IN she was still on the phone being walked through on how to retrieve the forms. after getting up looking in the file cabinets and couldn't find any. They came through via fax she said she'll have to use those and that I'd have to come back to the facility and sign the originals. I got my two moving trucks back late and was charged an additional day. FOR BOTH which caused me more financial strain, the next morning was called by a different employee asking can I come back to the facility one day this week because they have no payment for the unit.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I am very unhappy with my experience using Public Storage. I've been trying to move out of and close my unit for months now, and the company has made it extremely difficult. In my move, I lost the keys to my unit, but they told me I can have the lock cut. In order to do that, I had to visit the unit in person because there is no way to fill out the required form online. So I made arrangements to visit the facility and filled out the form. I was told that the manager would call me ahead of time to let me know when they would be available to cut the lock, so I can be at the property. They cut locks at the end of every month (or so I was told).

No one called me at the end of the month, and considering I have almost nothing left in my unit, I assumed they were able to cut it without issue. Then I continued to be charged the following month. When I tried to call about it, the employee was extremely difficult and told me that she couldn't help me. I asked for the manager's phone number and only got it after telling her that I wanted to speak directly with her manager.

I left messages for the manager and called a few times... No response. He finally called me back and - to put it nicely - was not pleasant to speak with at all. I explained my situation and he clearly only cared about the money. Every time I tried to explain that I was having a difficult time closing the unit at all, instead of getting a human response, he told me that I still owe money and can't get out of it. I told him multiple times that I understand, but I am trying to close the unit and they are not letting me. I wanted to know if there was another way to close it or if they would at least admit that the system was faulted and have some human decency. I was interrupted multiple times for the manager to tell me that I owe money. I will now have to take a day off work to bring a locksmith out on my own dime on top of paying additional months' cost for the unit because they won't close it.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have been trying to move out for the last two month that they increase my rent from $330 to $382 dollars, I have an unit in the fifth floor but since the elevator never work is impossible for me to go up and down on the stairs. I ask at the front desk when are they gonna fix it but they don't know when they are gonna fixed it either. I also sent a complaint to the company and they completely ignore me. I'm very frustrate They increase the rent, they charge late fee on time but I can't move out because they have a problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Storage?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Never been late, was supposed to pay 45/month for 5x5x,5 now had been jacked to 65. Never been late. Every user the auto pay have the contact and can read legalese they had 0 reason to raise the rate. Go elsewhere. The gate at the front was broken for 4 weeks allowing anyone to enter, then locked and I could never access my property when I needed. They closed at 7p and lock you out of your property, unit is in McDowell and 44th Phoenix AZ, it looks like druggies live in the facility and the smell of weed is ever present as if someone is storing bails there.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Rented a 5x5 unit in Chattanooga, TN for "just in case needed" space for my mother's move to a assisted living facility. Space was never used. I have an Email confirmation of move out, called and spoke with onsite personnel on billing, yet I am still receiving liens-late fees-insurance billings and even a charge for RAT ** clean up. Nothing was ever put in the unit!!! For emergency use only while dealing with the Mother move out since I'm in Texas and family in TN. This has been going on from 7-17-18 until today 9-27-18. Very pissed...

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Public Storage will offer you a promotion rate but that is all deception. You must buy their lock. If you rent in the middle of the month, you will not even get the promotional rate. Also, when told by an employee that your next payment is due on the first, you get a bill and they tack on a late fee of $45. You always get what you pay for! Dealing with the smaller companies is always a better deal. You know what and who you are dealing with.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

In Burnsville, MN Alex helped me with renting a storage unit. I had done all paperwork online and had an appt. to finalize it on the following Sat. I live over 50 miles away and went online for directions. That's when I realized I rented at the wrong Public Storage location. Contacted Alex and in turn he contacted JoAnn at the correct Burnsville location and explained the situation to her. When I reached the proper location to finalize the rental she said they didn't have the $1.00 first month special. She was so nice, and said she'd honor what I had at Alex's location. The day went very smooth and I was able to get out of my panic mode. Thank You to both Alex and JoAnn, you're the BEST!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I contacted Public Storage over 40 times in 2 months. They will not have a manager call me. I even sent a letter to the attorney general, regarding the fees I was promised would be prorated and they stole my sister's belongings. She is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Would not return her call until they sold $80,000 worth of belongings.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I rented a unit from Public Storage for 6 months give or take. Everyone was really nice until there was a problem. Their unit was leaking. I was told because the unit was covered by my homeowner's insurance they would do nothing; not even offer different unit. I expected the insurance would be for theft or natural disaster, not faulty equipment. I specifically paid more monthly for a larger unit with direct access that I was told would ensure my belonging would be safe. I specifically inquired about the unit being watertight because I knew what was to be stored.

When I complained, the property manager was beyond rude and actually hung up on me, when I called him on his rude behavior. The district manager, I called him 4 times over the period of 7 days and he never returned the call. I called the corporate office in California today and have filed a BBB complaint. This organization only cares about money, not the customer. I understand a business is in business to make money but at what point does customer service come in to play. For employees to be at such ease being as rude and curt as these where it goes to speak to the culture of the organization they represent. Do yourself a favor. No matter where you reside do not patronize this company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Within 8 days of buying a storage and taking over a previous storage company Public Storage Corporate gave me a letter to vacate. I was the other storefront directly next door inside of the building, on a commercial month to month lease, in which I had no reason to suspect the current owners would terminate my contract too abruptly. I had only been renting there two months when it went up for sale, and only four months when Public Storage took it over. During that time I painted the entire shop, had signs put up outside and by the street, changed all my LLC information, website info and had a grand opening!! I had a steady stream of clients and leads being built for this location.

The day it became Public Storage, and they took over, immediately they locked me out of the back gate and said no customers could use the trash. It was only for public employees. I was paying for trash, water and utilities. On several occasions I asked the managers what was going to happen to me, and with no real information and answers they acted like I was overreacting. Told me they would give me a better commercial lease because they had nothing on file. I showed up on a Sunday and all of my signs had been removed, even though I had been previously promised it would stay up on the building. The awning taken down over my entrance. I had to ask them for my signs and then they acted arrogant when I had to ask for them back. I went in that following Monday and the female manager told me to bring all of my lease info in because she didn't have anything on me and Public would do their own commercial lease.

The very next day I got a letter saying I was being terminated. My heart has never sank so low. I built my business up around this location as it was affordable and had natural light and room to store my props. All the money and effort being put into this location was for nothing. I reached out to the Commercial Property Manager, Candace **, from whom I received a letter of termination from, and pleaded with her for an extension. They gave me an additional month and a half. When payment was due, I tried to go in as I always have and I couldn't pay, since they had no information on me.

So I had to blindly mail a check to someone I've never done business with. I had to call and demand they email me in writing that I did in fact have a deposit and I needed to know when and how it would be returned. During these couple of calls she bragged about the millions of square feet and hundreds of commercial properties they have and that I was not an exception. Basically, they know what they're doing, and go screw yourself, because I don't have a legal leg to stand on. These people have no remorse and zero ethics!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I have had nothing but problems with this place since I rented storage there last year. They raise your rent less than two months after you sign your contract. They are crooks. Do not use this place. You will regret ever contacting Public Storage in Atlanta Georgia.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

After an online inquiry I received at least 3 calls a week, no communication between those making the calls. I went to the unit at which point I was told I had to buy their lock for an additional $20. Once inside and towards the end of the paperwork I was told I had to buy their insurance for an additional $11-$15 per month. I’m literally storing paperwork & possibly winter/summer clothes in a 5x5 unit that’s 4 ft. tall. My $1 move-in rate now has a $24 admin fee, a $20 lock fee, and a min. $11 insurance fee (that will be charged monthly) so $56 today & now $36 a month to store paperwork. I’ll purge instead! Had this been disclosed in any of those calls or online I wouldn’t have wasted gas on a 30 minute drive out here.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I’d been a customer who always paid on time for over 3-1/2 years. This month, I paid my monthly bill online as I’d always done and for some reason the payment was never processed on their end. I’d received an email from PS on the 8th (two days after a payment would be considered late) informing me payment has not been received and a $26 late fee was being assessed. I immediately checked my bank account and after confirming that the payment indeed hadn’t been taken out, I contacted the local PS facility to look into it and that I felt I shouldn’t have to pay the late fee. The following day I was informed that they’d requested a waiver for the late fee but it was denied by corporate.

I asked for and was given the contact number of the regional manager, whom I’d called and left several messages over the next few days. When I did get a callback, he refused to waive the late fee. He even went as far as to tell me that I should have looked into why the payment was not taken from my checking account before it had gone past the point of being late. He certainly didn’t make me feel like a valued customer, even though they’d benefited from my rent increasing each year, from $90 to currently over $150. Evidently getting that $26 was more important. But in the end, Mr Regional Manager did me a huge favor. I paid my bill with the late fee as soon as I got off the phone with him, and the next morning gave PS my move out notice was moved into a space of the same size by that afternoon at a competitors facility for 2/3 the price.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The facility and service are reasonable and I would like to continue using them. But the increase in rent from $211 to $271 in only a few months is ridiculous. In any other business this way of motivating your customers to leave would be considered a poor business practice. Apparently with all the scams around moving in and moving out, they actually like the churn. For industry-insider reasoning about raising rents ("7% every 9 months")..

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

In October 2015 I moved my belongings into Public Storage in High Point, NC. I felt that my belongings were safe it was climate control. I checked periodically and everything seemed fine. In June 2018 I went to move my very expensive Top Grain Leather living room set out to put it in the den. I found my sofa bed covered with mold as well as the matching chair and ottoman. When the sofa was removed, there was rat feces and a dead rat under the furniture. When I got the sofa bed out of the unit, I opened the bed and fund rat feces and urine on the mattress that had only been used twice.

Additionally, there was rat feces next to the bed mattress and platform. When the platform was tilted up a rat fell out onto the parking lot. I spoke with Shirley, who was on duty. She said she would ask the manager to call me and perhaps he would give me something off the rent. Two days later she called and said he wasn't going to call me and he wasn't inclined to give me anything off the rent. She said all I could would be to file a claim.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

The contract they provide will have you agree to their raising rates whenever they want (The above seems particularly exploitative of low-income people who aren't trained to read legalese and who are less likely to be able to afford the cost of transition from one storage space to another if they don't like their treatment). It is evidently standard practice to auction customers' property without ensuring receipt of notice. A couple cases in point: Was two weeks late on payment, and they sent me an email saying there was a late fee, which was fine and expected. However, it wasn't until I logged in to the payment section of the site that I found the small notice that they planned to auction my property. It would have been thousands of dollars of stuff in exchange for a belated $150 payment.

A short time after, a friend shared with me that she'd had a credit card changed and thought her Public Storage account was on autopay. Six months later she'd discovered that they'd auctioned her things. She had plenty to pay them with. It was just an error that they were apparently uninterested in correcting, i.e. with proper notice, she would have simply been able to provide them with the right card. So, it seems like SOP for this company. Customer service is poor. Avoid Public Storage.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Public Storage is jacking my rates on my units without notifying... 2 storage units and 2 parking spaces. I’ve only been there 2 months and here we go...so I will be moving out. I should have read the reviews here before I moved into Public Storage.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Last month when I enquired about moving out from my Public Storage unit the manager told me there would be no problem moving out mid month and they would prorate. I ended up moving out on the 1st/2nd and was then told they don't prorate and would need to pay for the entire month ahead even though I had moved out. Even if they immediately rent out the unit to someone else I would still have to pay the month. WTF!! This has to be illegal practice and I intend to be in touch with my lawyer to find out if a class action lawsuit is possible. This is unacceptable and in my view criminal.

I asked if since I was so close to the beginning of the month they would make an exception, especially as I was told they would prorate previously, they just kept repeating the same old "that is our policy" line. I mean come on any decent company would make an exception in certain cases like that wouldn't they? I think it's time to get government involved to look into the many questionable practices of storage providers such as Public Storage. This is no different than the banking and credit card scams of a few years ago that Senator Elizabeth Warren passed legislation against. I will be getting in touch with my local rep to get the ball rolling. Also something for reporters to be looking into too!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I wish I'd read the reviews here before renting a unit at our local Public Storage. Before we were there 6 months, they raised the rent 25%. That's it, I'M OUT!!!

They not only need a lesson on how to keep their customers, their employees need customer service training! They're rude and very hard to work with. I would highly recommend ANY OTHER STORAGE FACILITY near you. DON'T USE Public Storage!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I rented a 10 by 10 unit in Feb 2017. I was told I had to buy their insurance. I argued with them as my homeowners insurance would cover the rental unit, but they told me it's required. My first month was free, after insurance and administrative fees, and a lock it was about $60. The next month was $134, then four months later it was 154, then a year later it was $195. I called pretending to be a new customer and asked how much would a similar 10 x 10 unit cost, and was told $122 ($134 with insurance). Thus this company punishes you for being a loyal customer. They also will lie, as you are not required to buy their insurance if you already have your own.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I rented a Public Storage unit recently and after 6 months they raised my rates 20%, ouch!!! This is part of who they are, and how they operate. Overall, the Stacy Rd, McKinney TX facility is nice, close to my home, and has a helpful staff. The biggest problem with Public Storage is that it's a month-to-month rental facility - which gives them the right to raise rates, after you have your goods nicely tucked in. They were not upfront about this. Folks are better off negotiating a contract with other storage facilities. Such a shame, but that is life with large corporations. I'd rather have them be upfront that rates will be raised - but then again, the truth is elusive in our world. Go elsewhere, there are plenty of options.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I lost my home, my job. I put my stuff in storage. 10x10. 169.00 mo. In less than 2 months they RAISED MY RENT TO 210.00!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WTH does this to people who are adjusting to the already awful situation that led you to even use this facility to begin with? A greedy ** bunch of crooks!!! Thats who. As I'm writing this and have less than 2 days to come up with the amount I'm disheartened and sick to my stomach. They're a business I get it. But 40.00 increase??? There's got to be a cap somewhere? How is this legal?

Original review: July 27, 2018

I paid my daughter in law's storage, ** the manager did not have a clue it was paid and they had a relief manager who was an apparent dope fiend (she is the one with warts all over her face and arms) or former drug addict who only could tell me what she could NOT do. And they made an excuse for everything. THEY NEVER answer their phones and both act like they are wheeling and dealing and trying to beat their drug dealer. This location is 4105 SW May Ave. Oklahoma City, OK 73119.

Original review: July 15, 2018

2 year customer and I'm never going back. I often work long shifts and former OTR driver so I never make in time to pay in person so I pay online. After an incident with identity theft I had to make a late payment a month (or two) back. The majority of the stuff I had in my truck is in storage and never got around to clearing the building out due to my current job. So I figured since I recently bought a camper for my upcoming vacation that a lot of the stuff in storage may be useful. Well there was a different lock and tag on the unit and the reason for it is because of the ONE LATE PAYMENT. "It was in my policy" and they're "not required to alert the customer about being late " and "it's up to the site manager to make the courtesy call"... NO text, no automated system, but hey you get a postcard in the mail whenever they increase the rates on your building.

If you put the poor girl on the phone repeating that "policy" line in front of a drive thru microphone I doubt you could tell the difference and the results of your requests would be the same. You lost me as a customer and if they had any kind of way to review their company (SPOILER ALERT... they don't, see for yourself) I would go all millennial on it. Will poop emojis.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was desperate not to lose my son's belongings 19 years he's had because he left for the Navy so I needed storage and the only place I can find was Public Storage on Route 23 in Wayne. I couldn't believe the price for a 10x10 which was 163! They were not willing to work with me one penny off since I'm low income but I was not going to lose my only child belongings for the past 19 years, I only had help for one day from one person as I am somewhat disabled and cannot do much but anyway the girl who runs the office is like a **. Telling me I'm forced to the girl who runs the office is like a **. For that price they should throw things in but yet they force you to buy a simple little lock for $25 and they tell you it's mandatory to buy insurance from them. No way!

I ran out Home Depot and bought a $5 lock and put it on and did not buy insurance. That was July 2017 Then in September 2017 I get a notice my rent was being raised by $22 per month for a 10x10 area! How can it be legal for them to raise my rent when I was only there two months? I asked them both questions and not one answer. I am alone and literally have no choice but to leave my things there and since last year I've never been one day late but unfortunately I was the victim of an assault a few months ago and since then I've had to leave my job and just many other awful things have been happening and I forgot to make my payment on the 6th last month and I remembered on the 8th so besides my rent now being 184 95 per month, they tacked on a $31 late fee.

I almost threw up. I had to pay $215 for a 10 by 10 space and I asked her to please waive it that I have been on time for the past year. One day late and she said they don't do that. That is such disgusting customer service and I have been a c-level executive personal assistant to the most powerful, influential, prominent CEOs and their executive teams for the past 30 years and I have never ever heard of a company being allowed to treat customers so disgustingly. Things are still going off of for me and I thought today was the 6th and it is the 7th. I called them immediately to make my payment. She would not take off the $31. The $31 hit at noon and I called her at 1:30. It was one and a half hours after the late charge was imposed and she would not take it off again.

This place is so disgusting for their practices and God doesn't like ugly so they should look over their shoulder or up at the sky because he absolutely cannot like what they're doing to people. Especially people who have worked every day in their life, raise one child to now dedicated his life to serve our country. I am disabled, out of work due to being the victim of a sexual assault and there is no compassion or Humanity whatsoever with this company. I'm sitting in my car crying because I don't know how to come up with $215 today. Any other company I've worked with that I was able to tell what happened to me which I was only able to do after months of trauma therapy, have all worked with me because I've been in and out of crisis centers, trauma therapy treatment etc so it's very hard to work when your mind is non-existent and this piece of garbage at this facility doesn't care about anything or anybody.

I have no family. I have nobody and I cannot move my things on my own as I have Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, degenerative back disease which has caused me to have five major back surgery so far and three more to come and I'm only telling this personal information because the woman in the office saw how bad I was doing today. I was moving in still no compassion. I refuse to sit on my butt and collect from taxpayers so I can avoid shared driver because it's the only thing I can do with got your traumatic event happening to me, and I pray to God every day for an answer to get my things out of this Public Storage please. I can't even pay my apartment rent since this happened to me and to have to come up with $215 on top of that, I honestly don't know what to do. The most inhumane immoral, disgusting place I've ever worked with.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I had a unit with Public Storage in Tarpon Springs Florida for about 9 years. I couldn't afford it anymore. When I called to explain I was told I didn't need to notify them. I went online and scheduled a check out date. There was no indication that if I didn't check out before the 1st that I would be charged for a full month! I was out by the 1st assuming I would be billed at a pro-rated fee. The rep on site told me I had to pay the whole month! I didn't have the money! Barely a month later I've already been turned over to an unprofessional collection agency. I tried to work something out with corporate, nope. Pay it all, work it out with the collection agency. After 9 years, this is how you treat once loyal customers. $105 a month I was paying. I paid thousands of dollars and they won't even work out one month.

Way to treat long term customers.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have had a storage unit at the facility for over ten years. My storage unit fee has increased by 110%. It goes up every per year. There was nothing in my original contract that says it will go up especially at that rate. If I knew the fee was going to increase every year I would have never put my stuff at their facility. They say it's something about stock investments and cost of the area. However; units at that facility are going for 80 dollars less a month than what they are charging me. They give me no legal reason as to how they can do this.

Original review: July 4, 2018

DONT BE FOOLED by their lovely looking newer building and safe beautiful residential location. Due to their nonmaintenance of AC most of my stored items including antiques are now totally ruined by either water damage and or mold damage and smells!!! All they did was offer a 1 month refund. Doesn’t even put a dent into all my losses. Hopefully I have some legal recourse.

Public Storage expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Public Storage is a global self-storage provider offering facilities in the United States and Europe. Along with self-storage they can accommodate business storage needs and vehicle storage needs.

• Unit sizes: Public Storage offers unit sizes ranging from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 25 feet. The smallest unit can hold the contents of a small room or a large closet, while the largest unit can hold the contents of a 250-square foot business space or up to six rooms. Vehicle storage spaces range from uncovered to enclosed for cars and large spaces for RVs and boats.

• Moving supplies: If you are in need of moving and packing supplies, Public Storage offers boxes, packing supplies, tape and specific moving kits for purchase. They provide free shipping on orders of $75 or more.

• Business storage: Public Storage offers various businesses tips and ways to use storage to make operations more convenient. Real estate, office, construction and retail businesses have easy access to units for daily or seasonal needs.

• Discounts: Consumers can go online for discounts and specials such as $1 first month rent on selected units for new customers and 15 percent off monthly rent.

• Service areas: Thanks to the acquisition of Shurgard Self-Storage, Public Storage has self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. Consumers should check the interactive map online to determine their nearest location.

• Best for: Consumers with personal or business self-storage needs, both domestic and abroad.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs