3.7/5 (666 ratings)

About Public Storage

Public Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Storage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Storage?

Original review: July 6, 2022

PS - South 44th St, KC, KS. Manager: Kelly As always, Kelly, the manager of the S. 44th St. location in Kansas city, KS., shows us Rockstar property management, exemplary professionalism, and consistent courtesy. I've worked with Kelly for over 3+ yrs at this location, and while much of that time the country was navigating Covid, with skeleton staff, I personally communicated regularly with Kelly; and while she was the only staff-member on-site for easily 1.5+ yrs, I watched her manifest the same level of pinnacled 5 star professionalism, had she had 20 employees. She continues to embrace, uphold, and honor the kind of customer experience principles and leadership acumens, for every guest, acct. holder, or trainee, that many companies and their staff no longer require, nor coach as basic or genuine manners towards customers.

Today, I was pleased to meet Frankie, a new-hire in training for KC area, who was as delightful, professional, and personable as they come. She's lucky to have the chance to train with Kelly at the S. 44th KCK location, and we wish her the best of luck as she transitions to her downline property. Again, hats off to Kelly (and her team) at the PS South 44th St., KCK location - with a PS facility directly adjacent to where I live, she's the reason I still have the unit at the s. 44th St. location, over a mile away. E

Original review: June 22, 2022

I was at the store # 25958 in Boynton Beach, Fl where David is normally the manager and helps me out but lately I been help by a wonderful young lady Maquesta ** who has made me feel so reassuring about keeping my storage. I really appreciate her customer service and knowledge of the company! Keep up the great work.

Get buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Public storage 25988. Hi, I'm not a customer and this is so ironic. I got lost and Public Storage was my only Landmark. Just the other day I walked into the store and asked for directions to a dentist office nearby. Just so happened we attend the same orthodontist and she took the time to give me directions. Very patient, humble young lady. If I ever need to rent I will definitely choose Public Storage. Lori made the rest of my day less stressful.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I just upgraded my unit at this Public Storage. I had some questions and I talked to the day manager Christina. She answered all my questions, And was very polite and professional. I’ve had an occasion to talk to three of the managers here. Everyone has always been great. Willing to talk to you and help you out. If you need storage and you live in Westminster or Huntington Beach, this is one this store will give you a great service.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I have a storage unit at this location and it has really been a blessing having the nice lady at the desk Shelly help me with everything I needed. I never once had to ask a question because she was always one step ahead of me to fill me in on everything. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to rent here at first or the one down the street, but as soon as I arrived at this location, hands down This is where I wanted to rent. The place is kept really clean. Staff is really on point with customer service skills, And the prices are affordable!! I would definitely recommend this public storage to anyone -Deborah **-

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Don't think that you can just walk up during normal business hours to the office and have someone be there or even answer the phone and when you call corporate to try to figure it out all you get is to talk to a computer. Unreasonably poor customer service and extremely expensive. When I pay top dollar I expect at least have decent customer service. Definitely not the case with this company.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

If you're looking for storage, go somewhere else. Most Public Storage require you to buy a lock you can't use anywhere else. They don't pro-rate moving out early, so if you don't move out before the charge hits, you're bound to another month. The light in front of my unit was non-functional for 4 months. I complained three times and then call the regional manager to complain. It finally got fixed. On-site manager is rude and slow. Terrible customer service. Raising rates every 6-months without any improvements or services added. I had to rent for a year while my house was being built and in the end I was paying double what I started out at.

There was a leak from somewhere in the divider of the unit. When they looked at the roof and above the divider they could not find where it was coming from. They had to look from the top opening of my unit and saw a pack of the rodent poison they have in every unit and claimed it was a cold pack that was leaking. I said that was their rodent poison pack and it wasn't coming from that. I suggested the unit next to mine must of has something and sure enough, they had a bucket of Damp Rid that had tip over. I had insurance through my insurance company. Which was much cheaper than theirs. That covered the damage thankfully to my items that were in there. Who knows if they would have cover that with their insurance.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Absolutely do NOT use this place. When picking up our stuff, the key got stuck in the lock. The lady at the front desk refused to help or call for assistance and instead said "we should go buy wd-40." Never mind the fact that we have movers sitting there getting paid by the hour. We asked her what they would do if a customer stopped paying their bill. She said they would "cut the lock and sell the contents of the unit." We then asked her to cut the lock for us. She refused because the "people who cut locks aren't here."

We had to go and buy a cutter ourselves. In addition to this, there were a few previous negative experiences. There was almost a month-long period where their phones were down (or so they say) and they failed to return numerous phone calls. The guy who finally called back was pretty blunt and rude, and yes, claimed that their phones "were down for a month." Look elsewhere. Notice the positive reviews for this place are almost entirely on the way in.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I’m a Public Storage customer and because of the laziness of the property manager when there were people on the property with bolt cutters breaking into units and she was promptly notified the property manager did nothing resulting in storage units broken into mine included. Now you have insurance. You say, "Well guess what? Orange Door insurance will not pay your claim so it’s a total scam." They take your money and then when you need them they do nothing. You’re better off burning your things. The security floors are open at Public Storage. There is no security safeguarding your property and you can read the long history of customers who’ve had this very same complaint.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Every time I come in I'm greeted by Trica. She is wonderful, always so sweet and Listens to my problems. We just love her. I almost moved to a cheaper place but Trica talked me out of it and I stayed. She's the best. Keep her.

Public Storage author review by Jessica Render

Public Storage is a global self-storage provider offering facilities in the United States and Europe. Along with self-storage they can accommodate business storage needs and vehicle storage needs.

• Unit sizes: Public Storage offers unit sizes ranging from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 25 feet. The smallest unit can hold the contents of a small room or a large closet, while the largest unit can hold the contents of a 250-square foot business space or up to six rooms. Vehicle storage spaces range from uncovered to enclosed for cars and large spaces for RVs and boats.

• Moving supplies: If you are in need of moving and packing supplies, Public Storage offers boxes, packing supplies, tape and specific moving kits for purchase. They provide free shipping on orders of $75 or more.

• Business storage: Public Storage offers various businesses tips and ways to use storage to make operations more convenient. Real estate, office, construction and retail businesses have easy access to units for daily or seasonal needs.

• Discounts: Consumers can go online for discounts and specials such as $1 first month rent on selected units for new customers and 15 percent off monthly rent.

• Service areas: Thanks to the acquisition of Shurgard Self-Storage, Public Storage has self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. Consumers should check the interactive map online to determine their nearest location.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Public Storage Company Information