3.8/5 (662 ratings)

About Public Storage

Public Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Storage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Storage?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Public storage 25988. Hi, I'm not a customer and this is so ironic. I got lost and Public Storage was my only Landmark. Just the other day I walked into the store and asked for directions to a dentist office nearby. Just so happened we attend the same orthodontist and she took the time to give me directions. Very patient, humble young lady. If I ever need to rent I will definitely choose Public Storage. Lori made the rest of my day less stressful.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I just upgraded my unit at this Public Storage. I had some questions and I talked to the day manager Christina. She answered all my questions, And was very polite and professional. I’ve had an occasion to talk to three of the managers here. Everyone has always been great. Willing to talk to you and help you out. If you need storage and you live in Westminster or Huntington Beach, this is one this store will give you a great service.

Get buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I have a storage unit at this location and it has really been a blessing having the nice lady at the desk Shelly help me with everything I needed. I never once had to ask a question because she was always one step ahead of me to fill me in on everything. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to rent here at first or the one down the street, but as soon as I arrived at this location, hands down This is where I wanted to rent. The place is kept really clean. Staff is really on point with customer service skills, And the prices are affordable!! I would definitely recommend this public storage to anyone -Deborah **-

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Vanetta helped me a lot and made things so easy. She was also sweet carrying smile and a great woman in my opinion so if you are ever looking for a storage go to Public Storage on Applegate Way in Clarksville Indiana and ask for her.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I was treated very professional by Cici and Kenya at public storage in Houston, TX. They are great. I was behind on my bill but they didn't stop until my situation was rectified. I told them what was happening to me and my friend at the time. They figured out a way that I would have never thought of.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Beware they will charge you an admin fee of $29 after you cancel. You will not get a full refund. I purchased a medium storage for 100 and only received $75 in refund. I would not recommend it. Definitely will be go to Uhaul.

Original review: May 16, 2022

We moved 4 units from another facility to open them at Public Storage (PS) because they offered such a great rate. Little did we know that every six months they would increase the rate, by $30-$40 more per month on each unit! We had 3 smaller units side-by-side that were vandalized. We didn't have them insured. No locks were opened or broken. We asked PS about security, cameras, etc. They took NO responsibility even though it appeared to be an inside job or the perpetrators claimed over the top from a unit down the line or the unit right next to ours to gain access. PS wouldn't even check with the owners of the other units to see if there were any issues. PS suggested insurance for the future and moving to another area.

We filed a police report but there was literally nothing the police could do without the help of management, which was null and void. It took several phone calls to reach someone in corporate to talk to about the rental increases and the burglary; customer service is absent. Our fault for not checking beforehand how Public Storage does business.

Original review: May 5, 2022

This company stands on "We Care" which is a LIE. They care about profit. My monthly rent increased incrementally "in these challenging times" increased from $278 to $376. This increase is total extortion.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I was shocked to see that it is very hard to contact any leaders or supervisor staff for Public Storage. I have been dealing with a major issue with the lock panel on my storage unit since March 2022. First, this storage location decided to cut locks on the 20th day and not the 30th day after the due date. I paid my bill on March 25th. I went to the storage on March 27 and had to put on a new lock on the unit and check my unit. I put my new lock on and then could not get it off. I went to the storage office and they came to check it with me. We took pictures and video to document the incident. The lock was stuck because they damaged it when they cut the panel.

The manager then said that it would take a week to 2 weeks before it could be fixed and they would call me to let me know that it was fixed. I told her we were also planning to move out and asked if it could be fixed sooner because that would put us into another month. She said she would try. By April 29th, the lock was still not repaired and I have still not been able to get into my unit. I paid the bill anyway on April 29th. On May 2, I went to check the panel again, but the panel was still not fixed.

I went to the office and they proceeded to say that I needed to pay another bill because it was due on May 1st even though the panel was not fixed for the past month and I have not been able to get into the unit. They told me that I had to call the customer service number to complain and there was nothing they could do. I called several times without anyone answering. Today, I finally got through after being on hold for 40 minutes. The customer rep left a message for the property and sent a message to the District Manager. I have yet to hear back for the property. This is a mess and I am extremely disappointed with Public Storage. I will be moving once they fix the panel.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Rented 2 units for my business from the previous company prior to them selling to Public Storage. Within 1 year of Public Storage taking over I had 2 rate increases nearly doubling the rent for both units. After I moved my inventory out of the 2 units I was then hit with a cleaning fee and threatened I would be charged the cleaning fee and additional month storage. Nothing was left in either unit and the only way I could get it cleaner is by mopping the concrete floor. Attempted to discuss with the local "manager" but she was very rude and combative.

Public Storage author review by Jessica Render

Public Storage is a global self-storage provider offering facilities in the United States and Europe. Along with self-storage they can accommodate business storage needs and vehicle storage needs.

• Unit sizes: Public Storage offers unit sizes ranging from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 25 feet. The smallest unit can hold the contents of a small room or a large closet, while the largest unit can hold the contents of a 250-square foot business space or up to six rooms. Vehicle storage spaces range from uncovered to enclosed for cars and large spaces for RVs and boats.

• Moving supplies: If you are in need of moving and packing supplies, Public Storage offers boxes, packing supplies, tape and specific moving kits for purchase. They provide free shipping on orders of $75 or more.

• Business storage: Public Storage offers various businesses tips and ways to use storage to make operations more convenient. Real estate, office, construction and retail businesses have easy access to units for daily or seasonal needs.

• Discounts: Consumers can go online for discounts and specials such as $1 first month rent on selected units for new customers and 15 percent off monthly rent.

• Service areas: Thanks to the acquisition of Shurgard Self-Storage, Public Storage has self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. Consumers should check the interactive map online to determine their nearest location.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Public Storage Company Information