1.5/5 (38 ratings)

About CubeSmart

CubeSmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CubeSmart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CubeSmart?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

My rent was raised as others had stated. I went to my storage unit yesterday to grab some Christmas items and the area was covered in mouse poop. I have never experienced such filth!! I went into the office to speak with the employee who stated that the incident was covered under insurance. After driving to another cubesmart I learned that the employee's name is Dora and she is an assistant manager. When I walked in she was flirting with a gentleman and told me that it would be some time before she could help me!!! That was why I went to another CubeSmart!!!! The rodent infestation was not covered by insurance!!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

CubeSmart sucks! They bought Storage West, immediately raised our rent $50 + per month then locked us out claiming we hadn’t paid for 2 months. **! Rent is paid on time every month. Moving out ASAP.

Get buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I had to store some furniture. I got sick and have not been able to move the furniture out of storage. I started out paying around $203.00 a month for one unit. CubeSmart raises their rental fees every six months. They charged me for insurance even though my insurance company sent them proof of my insurance. They went from $1.95 to $5.24 for convenience fee to pay online. I am now paying $283.56 a month. For what? Nothing has changed. There are no improvements. Why would they need to continue to increase the monthly rent?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Donna, Donna, Donna!! Great experience. She made everything easy and is truly a delightful person. She emailed the contract and military rider for my discount, as well as sending me all details for access. I wanted this to be painless, and did she ever oblige!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Cubesmart is a rip-off… They will consistently raise your monthly price.. Your bill can raise up to $100 or more within a year. They base it off percentages.. It will not help to talk to a general manager or district manager. They live to cheat the customer. Stay away.. They pretend to be for you. But it’s all lies. They do not deserve one star.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I have been a customer for over 5 years at this storage location and when Cube Smart took over the problems started!! They have raised my rent 4 times in the last year and half over $100 dollars, they also lied to me and just told me that I can't make a credit card payment over the phone, which I have been doing for 5 years!!!! I was also told by the previous management that they raise the rates to push the current/older customers out so they can charge an even HIGHER rate to the new customers. SMDH. I have reported them to the State Atty General as well as the FCC for price gouging and unethical business practices. PLEASE look at the reviews before using this company!! All they care about is the money not the customer!!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

About a couple of months ago Cubesmart took over Storage West. A storage rental facility. I've been a customer for 8 yrs. My rent for a 10x20 started $256.00 month. Every year they raised my rent about $15. (I wasn't happy with it). So my space is $355.00 month. Now Cubesmart comes along and two weeks before my due payment I get an Email saying my bill is $430.00. An increase of $75.00. Filing a complaint, let you know what happens.

Original review: July 10, 2022

I was told I was getting the online deal, and 1st month free. Ended up paying 2 month price. I'm paying $240 (for now) for a 5×10 storage space. That's definitely not a reasonable price for that small storage. Stay far away from this place.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Don’t go near this place. Terrible service. You give them a credit card and then they want you to come over every month to sign up for another month of storage. Who puts stuff in storage for two weeks? No one. There is no reason why my credit card should not automatically be charged each month. These people are morons. Stay away!

Original review: April 1, 2022

Lcation on West Vista Way in Vista, CA had indoor units broken into, and provided no notification to customers. I showed up to the unit to find out my contents had been rifled through and over $2500 in items minimum stolen. After filing a police report the police said the neighboring unit was also broken into. I wonder how many other units were broken into? What type of negligence is it to have a break in and not notify ANY customers? Facility then acted like I was some stranger storing my stuff there for free. Horrible experience.

CubeSmart Company Information