Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.78/5

CubeSmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CubeSmart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CubeSmart?

Original review: May 20, 2020

Was a nice place in 2018 BEFORE Ken entered. Now WORST Customer Service EVER with these two new employees from the start in 2019 (Ken & Jack). Especially Ken. They don't even keep up cleanliness on premises as they should. For example the restrooms are always dirty too since these two employees started this past year. And if Ken is training his assistant (Jack), frankly he is doing a poor job especially if he is having him follow in his footsteps. Upper management needs to wake up please. Ken is Not management material nor should he be training others. Nor he should Not even be representing Cubesmart. Why was he put in a management position without proper educational & professional skills?

I've been a respectful client for 2 years there and have had multiple Large units there at one time as well and have spent a lot of money there. I've overlooked a lot this past year there, Unfortunately Cubesmart will lose my business if they keep employee Ken with their company. Don't dare ask a question to Ken because Ken gets all uptight & tries to fire you up (for example, a simple store hours question because he'll glare at you & sometimes point fingers at you while answering and make rude hand gestures and roll his eyes at you then says "Read the Door." Ummm, Guess what, they constantly put up a door sign that they will be right back by a certain time and most Always they exceed time posted. That's why I was asking a simple question so that I know their planned schedule for the day so that I can work with them, in case I need anything such as purchasing boxing supplies, etc?!

Unfortunately, One day as many others / there were a couple of us waiting in parking lot for a long while and we finally left & went elsewhere to purchase moving supplies since Ken and his assistant Jack didn't come back on time that they posted on door.(We waited an additional 30 minutes that day!). I'm so disappointed with this management team here now. As a single woman, I've felt threatened by Ken on different occasions throughout the past year and it doesn't matter to them as they will go out of their way to make you feel uncomfortable.

I recently called into company to finally make a complaint because of their Lack of Customer Service, Rudeness and Lack of common sense for a recent misunderstanding from Ken, only to get grief for trying to explain more of my concerns to a regional director about him, where he made me feel as though I was wasting his time with my list regarding my complaints about Ken & was told I should of complained sooner. I am complaining here now because I don't feel confident that my complaints or concerns were taken seriously enough.

To name a few examples here, (even though there are many more) Here's Another example, I have many times paid cash for my monthly payments with previous management without any issues...(a simple & convenient thing) but have had Ken freak out & stand up to stick out his chest towards me from behind the desk to make known and show his authority and state he doesn't want to accept cash for payment. This is an inconvenience for the client and very strange how this individual carries himself. Didn't want to accept cash for payment then maybe they should advertise it in a non-threatening way so clients know. Don't want to upset Ken otherwise He goes out of his way to make you uncomfortable about it or fires you up & exaggerates things and points to his name tag to proclaim that he's the boss and it's private property & whatever he says goes. He uses this statement towards anything or everything you ask him.

This employee is seriously disturbed & disturbing! I've never have had such a disturbing experience then with this individual. Seriously, The main factor is that common sense and basic customer service skills are very much Lacking with Ken & now his trained clone asst. Jack.. that they are a pair that drive customers away. These employees are scary. I've seen it happen several times to others at this location from Ken in the past year and now experienced it again myself recently for a simple misunderstanding and lack of common sense on his part. I've never been so insulted or upset. And he didn't even apologize & I asked the regional director for an apology from Ken and he said that I won't get one from him.

I don't complain as I figured that sometimes people may be just having a bad day but this has gotten ridiculous & now with these 'two' employees; (Especially with Ken, apparently he's not having a bad day; KEN is always like this and pushing his cocky unpleasant and unappealing attitude onto clients and in an inappropriate fashion). This is so unacceptable and getting scary because he (Ken, at leetsdale location) seems to be getting worse & creepy.. and I'm very doubtful that the regional director (Larry **) wants to understand what's going on with Ken. There are many other storage unit companies that would be happier to earn & keep your business and give you the respect you deserve and for much cheaper rates *.

Original review: April 22, 2020

This is by far the worst storage experience I have ever had. Being a former military family, we have had our share of storage units. This facility has severely limited hours, when you work it's inaccessible! Customer service... that's non-existent unless you consider rude and arrogant to be CS. The light in the storage unit hasn't worked from day 1! Price! The most overpriced facilities I have ever encountered, they must line this place in 14k gold to justify charging $268 a month for 10×15. Just disgusting to gouge people.

Get buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I initially signed up for the storage unit online, I made a reservation for a 10 x 15. Once I came to the location to look at the unit they told me that they did not have any 10 x 15s available even though I had a reservation. They did however say that they had a 10 x 20 available, looking at the storage unit size I could tell it was not 20 feet long. I told the lady that there’s no way that this unit is 20 feet long. She informed me that it is, I had to go and get a tape measure from my truck to show her that it was indeed 15 feet long. She told me that they would have to fix it in their computer and then I can come back the next day and reserve the unit, which I did.

While setting up my account they try to force me into purchasing insurance from them, only after inquiring did I find I can use my homeowner's insurance. I requested that my account be set up on auto pay, after one month I received a notice that my payment was still due. I called the location and the lady was apologetic and told me she would get the auto pay set up for me. After the second monthly payment was due I received a past due notice for the previous month, I called the location and the gentleman told me that they cannot set up auto pay over the phone and that the lady I spoke to the first time was misinformed.

He then told me he can waive the late fee in a tone which was not so friendly as if I was the one who made the mistake. I ended up calling the corporate number to get the auto pay situation resolved, and by the way the gentleman who said he would waive the late fee never did that. I went ahead and paid it anyways, if it was not a burden to move all my things out of there I would have done so immediately I will never do business with this location ever again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Horrible Customer Service And Facility. At #CubeSmart the staff is stupid, and, they expect you to (instead of doing so in your storage unit) somehow organize your property by tossing it from the hallway into your unit door with hopes that it falls where and how it needs to go and without breaking! Because hey, it's what's INSIDE that counts.

1. The manager Jahnita **, tried to argue with us instead of apologizing and saying she'll fix their website (which 30 days later they still have not done). They falsely show the units as being lockers but if you call (which you should never have to do, nor does 90% of humans want to do), she THEN reveals that they are units (walk in's). Nor does the website show that the first month is free outside of the FOR NOTHING FEE/Administration Fee). Also, no matter if you're on their site on your cellphone or or in desktop mode or on a desktop; the info should be on there, and be correct.

2. She displays a bad attitude, is careless, dishonest and incompetent. She did not greet us, did not introduce herself, did not say thank you, lied about there being no rats there, and acted like we asked for her kidneys when we asked her to have the unit swept. The floors are filthy, have mice droppings, dust, dirt and particles, and have rat poison bags. The hallway floors are filthy and never swept nor mopped. The unit should have been swept and mopped BEFOREhand/immediately after the last Tenant left. Then when REMINDED, she asked the janitor to sweep the unit as a FAVOR. And he did a half ** job. We brought a broom another day, and swept it.

3. The units are not true to size advertised. Two feet are taken up by protruding wall. That is false advertising and willfully ripping customers off. Customer are not getting what's advertised nor what they pay for.

4. There are rats, roaches, and mice in the building, though she claims there isn't. We took photos.

5. The units are way over-priced. $62 for a 5x4. 5x5. That's the price of a 8x10. A 5x5 5x4 is not worth more than $35 per month.

6. Jessica **, the bad attitude petty unethical General Manager harasses busy occupied customers at their unit doors. Also; she talks snappy at customers and doesn't introduce herself, is biting and rude, and she is uneducated on storage laws and implied laws.

7. There is only one bathroom, which oddly is in the office.

8. They advertise as closing at 7pm which already is way too early, especially for corporate customers, but they make a false announcement on the intercom, that they close at 6:45 pm.

9. They dont speak when you enter office, or greet you, nor ever smile and thank you or anything.

10. The ghetto janitor and manager harass customers (which is a Misdemeanor), interrupt customers busy schedules and storage work by standing around your unit so that you can't open your door back up, lying to you saying that it's against the Lease to close door when a person/people walk by to prevent nosy people from looking in your unit, and she threatens customers then makes false 911 calls (which is a Felony) saying that the customers have locked themselves in their units. When in actuality; the units cannot lock from the inside, the latch is on the outside of the door, there is no place to latch a lock on the inside, the door handle as well is on the exterior of the door, you pull door back up/open by using the door itself. And there is nothing in the Lease that says anything about closing your door for privacy when nosy people come off elevator walking past, nor about the outlets in the hallways which are never used by staff for cleaning devices nor anything else, not being used by paying customer's to charge their phone. Yet the manager lies saying its against the Lease, and says nothing to the people who DO violate the Lease - by blocking the hallway with property, charging appliances and drills.

11. They open too late, 9am, and close too early for career people, 7pm. And oddly also they have no 24/hr access for customers who require it, let alone those who are corporate/business accounts.

12. They willfully inconvenience the customers, by closing for a holiday staff' party; when that's something that should take place on their own time (not the customers' time) after the building closes. And, they dont invite the customers to attend.

13. They oddly charge customers money/a fee, to PAY their bills/rent. You have to have your banks online bill pay set up to automatically MAIL the payments to the idiots, in order to avoid this scam of a rip off.

14. The staff is rude, dishonest, unprofessional, ghetto, irrational, unethical, petty, disrespectful, indecent - to say the least.

###

Customer Service = 0. Building = 0. Cleanliness = 0. Pricing = 0. ALSO: Do not be mislead by a John ** nor any other rep that replies to Reviews with the facade of 'please contact us at help@cubesmart.com.' The idiots, long BEFORE a Review is posted, willfully ignore your emails after reading them, ignore their facility issues & staff's behavior, refuse to provide the corporate office manager email address so that the staff can be fired, & they know that any lower titled local manager will do nothing. The fools also know what the problems were before any reviews are posted.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Do not rent from CubeSmart especially the location at 5818 LBJ Freeway Dallas Texas. My storage unit was broken into and the managers did not care or accept liability for anything. The facility looks clean and secure but apparently it is possible for my lock to my storage unit to be broken into. CubeSmart will not replace anything that was stolen. DO NOT RENT HERE!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

It has great value and I feel like I always get my money's worth. Plus it is very safe and it makes me try to put most of my stuff in it, and it keeps it so safe. They are so happy and always so friendly. They work with you on your payments and if needed will help you get your stuff in your storage unit. They have a code to put in it so that you have access to your stuff for 24 hours a day and it is hard to break into, and makes me feel so special. My stuff is always very safe and I feel like I am very happy, and I can put as much stuff as I want, and I won't have to worry anything about it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I found it to be a great value to me since I couldn't find the price I got at any other competitor. The service that I received was excellent and I would go back anytime. Their employees went above and beyond to make sure this me and my family were happy with what we had paid for. It was easy to get to them since they have so many different locations in the area that we live in. They accepted any payments that we had, even American Express, which a lot of companies don't accept. We felt secure in that our credit card numbers wouldn't be leaked or anything like that for identity thiefs to take our stuff. We loved this service and would use it again anytime.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

Easy to use and the price was reasonable. Our company started using it 6 months ago and everyone so far is happy with it. I would probably recommend this service if someone asked me about it. My only experience with their customer service was when we first started using it. They made sure we had everything we need. We felt free to ask any questions. We haven't had to contact them since we began using this service but when we first got it they were always available to us if needed. I'm sure any future questions will be answered promptly. We have not had any problems with security or breaches and no less of information. They really seem to know what they are doing in this area. I feel safe using this service and will continue without worry.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I used it a couple of times. It was easy to use. I would recommend using CubeSmart to anyone who is looking into this. It is a valuable way to package your goods. I used this product and was happy with the customer service. I would use this again. I would think about the way this is used. This was accessible for me. There are many things I like about this service. The security is another thing about CubeSmart that is way above the standard for this type of service.

CubeSmart Company Information