Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.94/5

Extra Space Self Storage Reviews

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Amber is the exactly what a manager should be. She is very professional, kind outgoing, easy to talk to, friendly and so very helpful. The world needs a few more Ambers in management positions. She really is a pleasure to talk to even if it isn’t about storage needs. Even my dog Kyra loves to see her when we visit there.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Lisa and Julie are both extremely competent and friendly. They will work to make sure everything is perfect for you and your storage unit. The premises are clean, safe and well kept. I have a background in law enforcement (26 years) and believe they have done just about everything to insure good security measures. If you need a storage unit in Rio Rancho NM, don't waste time shopping around. It doesn't get any better than this place. Excellent and you won't be disappointed. John **.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This is the BEST place to do business, they truly care and value the customer experience! My mother is moving from SC so I recommended this storage facility since I live nearby. My mother is knee deep in the moving process and directly contacted the facility. Unfortunately, she became extremely confused about pricing and logistics during the process. During the entire process, the assistant manager, Tom **, was extremely patient, attentive, responsive and professional. He expeditiously and diligently worked to review, research and resolve the misunderstanding.

Once I realized that my mother was in need of my assistance (an authorized point of contact), he did an excellent job of attentively listening to me reiterate the issue. He provided clarity on the misunderstanding and went above and beyond to make sure my mother had an excellent experience. This was the best customer service experience I have ever received! Wishing much continued success to the Extra Space Self Storage team and extend my best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2020!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

In Dire straits when I called to speak with someone who could, come close to fulfilling a miracle. I needed to save my Storage unit from being auctioned off. I had had some personal financial issues that interfered with me making payments on time. This time, it down to the last 3 days. TREE, assured come that everything was going to be alright by making sure that I knew about all the options that were available to me. Professional skills were top of the line and I am very grateful for her assistance and professionalism to help me resolve my issues.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have all of my belongings at this facility in Lake Elsinore. I have been with them for almost 4 years already and they have been so much help. I'm not only happy about how clean the property manager keeps it but he is also kind with answering any questions. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see their belongings well keeped and in the same condition.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extra Space Self Storage?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

My mistake using this storage company, they take advantage of your necessity at the time and make you signs an stupid agreement and on that agreement they fool you increasing the rent any time they want, please be wise don't uses that company and you will save a lot of money, my mistake cost me at least $15k to $17k for storing my trash. I was a fool.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

My rent has been raised twice, and now a 10x10 is costing 265.00. I'm disabled, and it's difficult for me to move. This space is also not a temperature controlled room. Their services are horrible and they also lied to me like the other gentleman. it wasn't until I called that their representative got back to me, and say they increase the rent every nine months. Nice. -- Good way to keep returning customers. I am looking at moving ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

In the beginning, it's all nice and perfect then as the months go by, the bill gets higher and higher. They don't tell you that. You'll find out the hard way. Do yourself a favor and stop helping these 'business' communities get rich. Save money and build your own storage. Trust me, it will be worth it to build your own!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

My rate was increased from 196.00 to 246.00 for a 10x20 climate controlled unit in Georgia. I think that this is an excessive rate increase and I asked if it was possible to negotiate the price since I've been a customer almost 20 years. I was informed that the District Manager stated that this is the going rate for this size storage unit. I was told that because I pay annually with the 13th month free that I've missed the 6 month fee increases. This is a rip off to increase the rates every 6 months. I'm definitely going to be searching for another storage company.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I live in Campbell CA and recently had to sell my home. I had my things stored in Los Gatos, CA for 2 years with NO RENTAL INCREASES, but wanted to save some money on storage. I own a town home in Folsom, CA and the pricing for storage was a good savings, so I hired movers to pack up my things, rented a Uhaul and then paid another set of movers to unpack the the truck and fill the storage locker in Folsom. This was not a cheap move for me. I moved my things into Extra Space Storage in Folsom in Dec of 2018. I have been there for a year and one month and I have already received 2 large rent increases! I am not paying only $15 less than I paid in Los Gatos, which is some of the most expensive property in the country! Much less than Folsom!! So what gives? I see now rational for 2 large rental increase except to line the pockets of the owner. It's immoral and disgusting.

Let us do the heavy lifting!

Take our two minute quiz to find the right moving company for you.

Extra Space Self Storage expert review by Jessica Render

Extra Space Storage operates self-storage facilities across 38 states and Puerto Rico. They offer various storage unit sizes as well as storage for small to large vehicles and boats.

• Unit size: Extra Space Storage offers unit sizes ranging from from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 30 feet. This is equivalent to the size of a small walk-in closet to the size of a one-and-a-half car garage. They also offer enclosed garage style parking to protect vehicles as well as outdoor covered or uncovered parking.

• Moving tips: Consumers can find online moving tips via informational videos or guides. Planning tips include information on downsizing, staging your home for sale and hiring a moving company. Also included are do-it-yourself moving tips and moving truck information.

• Discounts: For people moving themselves, Extra Space Storage partners with Budget Truck which offers a variety of trucks and vans. Consumers can call their toll-free number online to reserve a truck and save up to 20 percent. If people rent for a year or more they can receive the 13th month for free.

• Storage lease: Storage leases are offered on a flexible month-to-month basis or a long-term, prepaid, yearly basis. Insurance is required for each unit rented. Monthly payments can be made on-site, online, by phone or by mail. Upon vacating the unit, consumers need to give a verbal 2-day notice or a written 15-day notice.

• Service areas: Extra Space Storage operates in 38 states and Puerto Rico. Consumers can go online for a breakdown of cities and which units are available in each city.

• Best for: Consumers needing short or long term storage and vehicle storage.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Extra Space Self Storage Company Information