Extra Space Self Storage

Compare Self Storage and Portable Storage Companies

Research top Self Storage and Portable Storage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Watch out for these guys. The Company that runs these storage units change the prices of your monthly rent at a flip of the hat... They have INCREASED MY RENT up the rent 3 times IN THE LAST YEAR and I do not see them stopping anytime soon... My most recent claim is due to the lack of ATTENTION they give to the PROPERTY. I had a flat tire due to some constructions crews that they let work out of there. It's fine because they too should be able to rent but after they leave the management does not maintain the property... I was told that they are so busy making emails and cleaning out units. If the storage units are so great then why all the turn overs???

I actually had the DM OF THE COMPANY basically tell me it's not their problem in regards to the flat tire... These guys are the reason no ones wants to deal with a storage unit. TAKE CARE OF YOUR PROPERTY. That's what I pay for monthly... Be good at your job or do not do it and the FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT THING IS YOUR CUSTOMERS NOT EMPLOYEES... with out customers there are no employees needed...

Bianca at University Blvd Store, Orlando FL was so rude and snobby. Laughing at my family for not having a unit we reserved and drove to with a truck full. She kept smiling sarcastically and doing rude gestures. Gave a five percent discount. Wooow. Greedy and rude. Called corporate to complain after driving back and forth for two hours. Heather at Utah corporate was the same snobby and rude started to Hugh and laugh to her co-workers putting me on mute as I talked. I worked call centers. I can hear the background fade instantly. She did nothing but say she will get back to me in a few days... Horrible service. Bunch of rude prissy college garbage girls who are horrible at work. Bunch of brats. Go elsewhere. Worst place ever. Roaches are there and its humid AC turns off at night. Beware of this business.

I have three parking areas that I pay each month on time. Also have two that are the same size and I get charged a $20 difference on them. The RV parks no I started out paying $70, now paying close to $100 a month. I called to complain. Well I just get this very rude women named Samantha who thinks it's her company obviously. I told there is no need to respond to me like that hence it's not her company. She needs to learn customer service the right way and not let her personal life interfere with work. As of right now I am looking for somewhere else to park my stuff where I don't get surprised increases. It's the Extra Storage place in Dacula off Auburn road/highway 324. Don't go there.

I have rented from Extra Space Storage in Mt. Clemons, Mi. for 3 to 4 years in total. I upgraded from a 10x10 to a 10x15 last year. The reviews that speak about price increases are correct but all storage rentals continue to up the price simply Because They Can. Extra Space upped my price for the second time and I gave them notice. On my last day to move, there were heavy storms, so I contacted the office and asked for a 1 day extension. The employee was very nice and granted me the extra day... Then they charged me the FULL price.

Bottom line; NEVER trust someone at their word at Extra Space. When I attempted to contact corporate they just put you in a circle of automation so there is no way to even attempt to resolve an issue. DONE with Extra Space. By the way, here's a tidbit for you. My bank told me to NEVER use a debit card for the monthly payments. Always use your bank acct. and routing number for your payments. Cancelling and disputing issues like this are much easier. I was told that storage facilities are notorious for continuing to take payments after you have moved out. Just an FYI.

I've been using The storage facility for almost 6 months now and they raised my monthly fee $33.48. I went from paying $93.26 to paying $126.74. What kind of company will raise the rate that high without any notice. It hasn't even been a year. Then I went online and there are bigger units for cheaper than the monthly price that I'm currently paying. SMH.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extra Space Self Storage?

I am above angry with the way my son was treated at the facility in Corina on Vincent after a spending the morning there going thru boxes to gather all the required documents to fill out his FAFSA grant for his second year of college. The male manager asked him to leave the property. He told him that it was obvious that someone was living there. We have not spent one night in that place. In fact we live at **. A home which my family have lived in for 45 year. I have always used this storage facility. I can recall at least 5 times in the last 20 years. I have a nephew who is currently renting 2 spaces in the same facility. It's paid for in full. He then turned the power. My parents have used it from time to time as well. We are long time loyal customers.

Apparently since I put my mattress on the floor instead of standing it up so it would not become lumpy... we are living there. We are not! And I feel humiliated. There is absolutely no proof that we are living there. I am LIVID!! I won't be there much longer. Perhaps 4 more weeks and I will be moving on. If I don't move my stuff next week to the storage down the street on account of being treated so poorly and rudely. No wonder he has to ask you to do leave a good customer review as you initiate your rental. No one in their right mind would do so if he didn't beg for you to do so, and trust me that fake customer service ends the very next day... I have a feeling he tells everyone that comes down the unit they wanted, "Just rented". In the five min it took you to hang up the phone and walk to the office... larger sales possibly for a larger bonus.

I seen several of the size I wanted available the very next day and no moving trucks moving them anyone out... being that our family home is so full and the storage is so close to where we do live. We do go by everyday. Sometimes every other. I see other customers at their storages everyday too. I only pick up a couple days of clothing for us and then I wash it and trade outfits and return to my family home... we will being doing this for the next few weeks. Don't want to clutter my family's home with our things. If there is a problem or this is against the rules let me know so I can update my customer review. There is one man that comes every day that has turned his space into a workshop. He then turned the power off in our unit so now when we go inside we can't see anything since our unit has no power.

As advertised will my rate go down? Or will it be fixed? We are in a deep hallway and even in the daytime it is impossible to see and I have 4 broken toes from tripping in the darkness. Between all my family members and myself I can recall more than 30 times we have rented a unit there. This is how they treat their loyal customers. They assume and judge with absolutely no proof. Look at your surveillance video before accusing people of things they are not doing.

Extra Space Self Storage has raised our rent from 32.00 to now 100.00. We have been customers for 2 years and feel the increase in rate is unacceptable. It seems to me that they offer you a great deal then do not seem to care about your welfare. We chose Extra Space because our parents kept their 5th wheel there. Our parents are no longer there either due to the fact that their 3500.00 compressor and thousands of dollars worth of tools STOLEN right from Extra Space property. When it was brought to management's attention, they seemed to not care at all!

So please beware that Extra Space Self Storage will lure you in with a great deal and RAISE the amount of your rent every 6 months faithfully!!!! Also beware if you park your 5th wheel there or any other vehicle outside thieves will climb wall and take any/all your valuables. The reason we did not move sooner is because my husband had a terrible accident at work and is now handicap (basically one handed). After this final raise in rent of 100.00... We will not be ripped off anymore. Sincerely, a VERY DISAPPOINTED EXTRA SPACE STORAGE CUSTOMER!!!

I am a current customer of Extra Space Storage located in Atlanta, Georgia. I am very disappointed in the company and their service. A little more than a year ago, they had a facility in the Atlanta area suffer a flood when the roof collapse. They eventually repaired the roof and discounted the service at that time. Since then the company's service has been horrible. Their website routinely fails. The phone billing service fails, and then they want you to pay a penalty for late payment when it is their fault. I have multiple cases with the firm and they have not responded. I will be filing additional complaints with versus state and regulatory agencies.

I've through with Extra Space Storage because of a nearly 15% rate increase for my unit. I had no option but to downsize to a smaller unit just 6 months ago for the same reason and now, another rate increase of $28. They told me that their rates are comparable with other companies. REALLY? In shopping around, I found another storage company $100. Cheaper for the same size unit. THE IRONY, Extra Space Storage has advertised, on their website, the same size unit I am vacating, for MUCH LESS! Duuuh, I'm glad they're not my CPA! I'm done with Extra Space Storage for good. They don't care about inconveniencing people going through an emotional life transition. Any wonder why there is a high foreclosure rate!

They seem to want to put certain people inside units. I only ended up w/ my outside unit b/c it was a different woman who was very helpful. My other family members who got a unit a month or so before me were all put inside. When their unit was due they got two weeks after due date w/o being locked out. They still called to remind them to pay... I called the location b/c she kept calling my phone every day for two weeks. She didn't like me asking her to call the customer of the unit. I gave her their number. She didn't LIKE it. My unit became due and they deactivated my account after 1 day. Really.

Extra Space Storage, 10760 SW 186th St, Miami, FL 33157. Never use this storage company! I have had two price increases of 10% in less than one year. They are offering the same size unit for $70.00 dollars less for new customers. I told them that did not make sense. They just raise the price whenever they like. Unfortunately Cube Smart was full when we needed space last year. I can highly recommend Cube Smart. Remember never use Extra Space Storage. I have left the storage site where I am at.

I have been utilizing Extra Space Storage for over a year. They repay my loyalty by increasing the rate every six months and told me if I did not like the increase that I should sign a year contract to lock in the rate!!! They knowingly increase the rate every six months... so if you know you will be there longer... please opt for the year contract to avoid their rate raising every six months!!! The customer service person said they knowingly do this and since I have a month-to-month lease, this is what they can do and I can always move my stuff out!!! Yes--- she said this!!! WTFont! Very dissatisfied. On top of the lazy manager on Airline in Metairie, LA.

On the first day I had signed up the movers were running behind and the lazy ** manager told me that if I was one minute late, she was closing the place and I would have to wait until the next day! IF you expect any great customer service - DO NOT FALL for the first month $1. IT is worth paying a good customer service place a month rent than to put up with all their fees and NON-Customer service. PLEASE AVOID 6005 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA - Also, the gate is often open and you can follow anyone in or out... not secure. Also I have seen major termites and roaches!!! Now they also sent me an extra insurance fee that is increasing as well!!! This place is a joke and a money pit. Go ahead and call them and they act so nice until you need customer service and then it is DOOR SHUT... this is A RIP OFF CITY! AVOID 6005 Airline Drive.

Extra space storage 4770 S Pecos Rd, Las Vegas, NV. We been renting this extra space storage for more than 3 years. Our trailer had been broken into twice not just our we other trailers. We seen people wondering around especially at sundown as they live there in the units. We reported and the reception told us it was not their problem. We told them about the other trailers broken into and they told us to just worry about our own ** stuff. I tried to report to the BBB and the location on Pecos Extra Space Storage is not even register in there. I will appreciate any feedback in this issue as is not just our property we advocating for but for other customers as well. Thank you so much for your attention you are putting on this best customer service matter.

Extra Space storage in Oceanside just sold all my property ILLEGALLY! I paid my storage rental fee through February, I had gone in two times in March to pay but the office was locked and nobody in site. I have been out of town for two and a half months staying with my son. I have been very ill (the manager has been informed of how sick I have become over the past year). I spoke to the manager in Feb. when I paid my bill and informed her of being out of town plans.

They NEVER sent me any notice via phone or email. I asked if they sent me a notice, knowing that my son would have told me. They lied and said yes. I then asked what address? He told me the last known address and stated the address that I MOVED OUT FROM A YEAR AGO! I told him that and he tried to say that I had to update my file, I know for a fact that I did update my file when my bank changed my Visa/debit card (for the addresses had to match in order to process the payment). I asked if they placed an ad in the paper that they were intending to auction my belongings off. They said they did. But refused to tell me what paper. I knew, once again... ANOTHER LIE!

I did recently conduct around five searches on the Internet over the past few weeks under my last name for family history and absolutely NOTHING popped up regarding any legal notices. I AM the ONLY Barbara ** in America and Canada! I am the third Barbara ** to be born on American soil. I asked how much did they sell my life for? He refused to tell me.

So after I cried and the shock passed enough for to talk, I asked my son to call them and ask about my pictures and personal files (medical records and such) and medical equipment. They said that they would contact the buyer and ask if he could save those items for me. Several days later, not surprised that they have not called as they said that they would... my son called them. They told him that they left a message for the person who bought my property and they haven't heard anything back. They STOLE my property! WELL OVER FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH!!!

INTENTIONALLY STOPPED EMAILS! Last email I received was at the end of February letting me know that my due date was approaching. May 1st I received an email from them indicating that there will be construction work on certain days and that I possibly would have issues getting inside the facility on those days. I did receive one phone call, possibly from them, I am not sure! There is one message on my voice mail, from a female, her voice is crystal clear, yet the message breaks up severely. Can only make out my first name! The word call and the area code. The person did NOT STATE THE BUSINESS NAME nor purpose. If this message is from Extra Space Storage, it is clearly intentionally sabotaged for one to not understand.

If they did actually mail any notices... they INTENTIONALLY MAILED the notice to an address that they knew would NOT get to me. They did not post a notice that they intended to sell/auction my property. I researched to see if I could find any legal notices from Extra Space Storage intending to auction property in San Diego County. Guess what. I found such notices which ended in 2015. Over a year ago!!!

I think that they broke the lock to put their lock on. I suspect they took a look inside and saw what I had in there and deliberately & deceitfully stopped my emails! Snail mailed such notice to an address I moved from a year ago! Left a broken message on my voicemail that would show that they called my number. But the message is another story! They did not post a legal notice. If they did auction my belongings... It was an inside thing, or leftovers from what they didn't steal.

WHEN YOU OPEN UP THE STORAGE DOOR, YOU'RE GREETED BY 20 LEATHER JACKETS (over 5 grand), TWO 36" FLAT SCREEN HD LCD TVs, a container of my gem collection, (well worth over 25K not appraised) two 21 speed Giant Bikes (paid over a grand), a beautiful Victorian electric fireplace/heater (600.00 from Costco), a two seater kayak from Costco, a 600.00 portable air conditioner, a side by side pewter refrigerator (Whirlpool - 2,400), Whirlpool king size washer & dryer $1,300. A queen size Comfortpeadic bed, $2,800. Plus much more. That is some of the stuff you SAW when you open the door.

This was a 5X20 unit that I paid $340.00 per month for over a year! They STOLE MY PROPERTY! I am 56 years old. I am on Social Security, for I am disabled and currently have issues with internal bleeding. I have severe anemia where I require blood transfusions, iron infusions, due to this I now have chronic kidney disease, stage 3. The manager of Extra Space Storage KNOWS this and stole all my belongings! I cannot rebuild my life again!

I was very disappointed with the customer service at Extra Space Storage before I even moved in. The day I was supposed to move, I arrived at 9:15 with stuff to store. I realized they didn't open until 9:30 so I was going to grab some coffee and come back. Then I saw the "manager" sitting in her car eating her breakfast watching me. She didn't even acknowledge me, let alone open 15 minutes early so I could set up an account and unload my car. When I was already unhappy with the company, I decided to find another storage facility.

We left our car in an outside storage space at ESS 1266 Us Hwy 41 By-Pass S Venice Fl 34285. When returning to pick up our car we felt it wasn't running properly so took it immediately to a garage to find we had a rat infestation and they had chewed through the transmission cables in our car. The repair bill was $700+. I notified the storage facility and have asked for compensation. I have made 2 visits and called 3 times but after waiting for 3 weeks and no one from ESS calling me I have been told the "supervisor" ** will not show any goodwill and pay us any compensation. I have not been able to get hold of Mr **. I have called the 800 number to inquire if units/spaces are insured against vermin damage and have been told yes? We left our car believing it would be safe. I would not advise anyone to use this facility as the after service has been appalling.

I begin renting space and was asked whether I had renter's insurance. I provided my renter's insurance information. I was advised by ESS that my carrier did not cover storage units. This was in 11/2014. I accepted what I was told. Today I contact my carrier and was advised that my renters' insurance covers my belongings throughout the US. Hence it also covered my storage unit. Mind you I have been paying $10.00 per month since 11/2014. That is $120.00 per year. When I called to inquire about arbitration, I was told that I would not be reimbursed. I advised them that I want to dispute the issue and request a refund since I was paying $10.00 for absolutely no reason. I intend to pursue my refund because this practice is a ripoff.

I called the national number to inquire about spaces, availability, pricing, etc. They asked if the phone I called from was a good callback number. I said it was not (last thing I want is to be on marketing lists and that wasn't my primary phone). Toward the end of the call I was again asked if the number was OK to use. I again said no. To my surprise, a few minutes later I get a call from the local site following up on my call to the national call center. So my number was in fact stored. I asked the local site to take that number off their system. Later that day I go to the local site to reserve a storage space and that number was STILL on their systems. Finally it's off, I think. This disregard for privacy outweighs any of their core business pluses and minuses.

I paid my account a few days late in March (March 27th). On Saturday, April 8th at 9:30 a.m. I got a call from Matt at Extra Space in Coral Springs stating because I was late I owed a late fee. I said no problem just tack it onto the following month. He told me he did not cash my payment and I had to pay the late fee. I told him I did not have a problem with that, however he should cash the check. I also told him why are you calling me at 9:30 on a Saturday. He said he tried to contact me but I did not receive any e-mails from Extra Space. I told him I wanted to talk to the manager Patrick and he said he would have him call me.

I called Matt today, April 12 and stated Patrick did not call me back. He said Patrick no longer had that storage area. He told me it was a company policy to not take the check if the late fee was not paid. I let him know I was going to talk to the corporate office because he was not making sense. I have not been up to the storage, however I guarantee that I have been blocked out. I will be looking for another storage but first I must send a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

April 11, 2017. Their branches in Orange County, CA are understaffed. E.G. - 511 S. Grand Ave., Santa Ana, CA branch: Currently only 1 staff member there; just the Asst. Manager. - no onsite Manager, no janitor or Maintenance person; just 1 person doing it all while gate hours are 6 am to 10 pm. People (renters and none-renters) unlawfully live inside rented and vacated storage units, living inside units for months, before any complaint to Extra Space management is even looked into.

There has been an ongoing rodent problem there at this facility for over 1 1/2 years. Areas at facility's outside units stink of feces and urine from people dumping human urine there that dump in front of other people's rented storage units and urine dumped in the roadway in front of outside storage units. This facility was managed and maintained better when a manager named Chelsea worked there. She did regular patrols and kept druggies, squatters, low lives & rodents away or at bay. Good renters are getting their belongings contaminated by horrible odors from mice feces and urine, and by human urine waste improperly or unlawfully disposed of there. The urine odors do not come off everything - especially the rubber items, papers and likewise items. Your belongings get corrupted, contaminated and some of your belongings have to get thrown away. Extra Space isn't reimbursing for your losses.

The gate hours of 6 am to 10 pm is allowing squatters and low lives, especially when a facility is understaffed or if the employees don't do their job or care about people living inside storage units there. Renters' rent payments dropped off in mail slot have been known to mysteriously disappear, never to be found. This causes ID theft worries and a person forced to close bank account (s), plus the expense of ordering new checks to new bank acct.

Contacting corporate office is a waste of time. When you ask for Legal Dept., the response is "there is no Legal Dept.". The same scenario when you ask for Customer Service or to speak to anybody in authority there. You get the response "I'm sorry but nobody here can speak with you and you cannot leave a voice mail, nor do we have any email address or phone number to give you to speak to anybody in authority here."

Wish I knew this 2 years ago when I spent close to $2,000 moving a house and garage full of stuff into storage units at Extra Space. Years ago Extra Space was a defendant in a class action. That should have been a red flag. Now my belongings are imprisoned in the storage units because the human urine dumpages smell so strong outside the units' doors. The urine odors contaminate &/or destroy your belongings if you open your unit doors and expose them to the urine odors outside your door. I would not recommend this storage facility to anyone. It's all about Extra Space having deaf ears, giving deceptive ads and false promises, and making money off the public, to keep their shareholders happy.

Extra Space Storage bought my facility from a different owner. Ever since they did it has been a horrible experience!! I hate this place! There is no customer service!! Employees are like robots programmed to say a certain thing. They took away trash cans so no place to put trash! I call to pay my bill and most times no answer and when I go to facility they say, "Sorry I was helping someone." I have been at this facility for 8/9 years... it's time to move on.

I lost everything because of Extra Space auctioned off my life. I lost everything because of Extra Space auctioning off my things. Then to add insult to injury they said nothing personal was in there to be returned to me. I lost car sales, documents, my social security along with everything belonging to my children, their social security cards, their pictures and classroom arts. I lost so much and they had absolutely no compassion. I'd like to think those are personal items and important. They are the worst.

I rented a new storage unit whereas I was to move our belongings from an existing smaller unit (same site) into the larger unit. I am moving to Buford from Flowery Branch, GA and imagine my surprise when I arrived with the U-Haul full of belongings from my home and found locks on my unit. I paid for this unit 4 days ago. It is after hours and of course the office is closed tomorrow. Called all of the 800 numbers and a supervisor was consulted and it as stated by the person who answered the call that there was nothing that could be done about it.

I have a U-Haul I have to unload back into my garage tomorrow and pay close to $200.00 for the vehicle and absolutely did not get to move or utilize my rental unit. I will empty out the smaller unit and definitely move everything to another business. Maybe I can work something out with U-Haul tomorrow. There is no way to contact email or call anyone in a situation like this. I did not go through this with the smaller unit. I was never told I had to come in during office hours to pick up any keys to locks that would be placed on an empty but rented unit. Incredibly terrible business and a big loss to my pocket book as I might have to have two trucks now to make the big move to my new home this coming weekend.

I rent a storage space. It works well for us. It's a good service. Price is a concern, it's a good trade off. My belonging are safe.

We rented 2 spaces from Extra Space which we intend to have for quite awhile and it wasn't very long (soon after signing up) before we got a surprise rate increase. When we questioned, we were wasting our time because the answers were all B.S. After pressing, they gave us a small discount. Now I'm concerned that they will soon raise the rate on the other unit and keep jacking up both rates. Make sure you set your deal before moving in.

Extra Space Self Storage has absolutely no security at all. Our RV was vandalised and broken into twice in three months. They refused to call the police so we had to wait at the lot for 4 hours. They have a large secure gate at the front to give the illusion of security but not even a fence at the back. They will not hand over security camera footage, are unhelpful and rude and your vehicle is not even slightly safe left at the Dallas location.

This business was advertising storage space units that are advertised as 15 x 10. Upon arriving I discovered that the units are 14 x 9. I confronted the manager about this and he was not the person who set the prices. I went on vacation and came back eight days late to pay my fee. I discovered to my surprise that I was charged a late fee not as a flat rate but a percentage. So in other words the more money you spend the higher your late charge. I find this to be very dishonest as they lied to me about the square footage when I found out later that actually the manager was the one who set the prices. And why is there not a flat rate for late fees? Because they are crooks they don't know how to do an honest day's living so they steal it from their customers. Renter beware. If you enjoy being screwed then this is the place for you. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

When I rented my units they were owned by another company. Extra Space Storage took over. I have had my belongings in 4 of their units for 4 years now at a rate of over $550 per month. When I went to check on my furniture and household goods I found there had been rats in 3 of the units and I could tell they had eaten some of the stuff. I was not able to get to all of my stuff to check everything. Along with that there was water damage on several boxes and furniture was totally ruined. The lady who works there gave me rat poison to put in the units (obviously must be a recurring problem to have it on hand). She asked if I had taken out their insurance (which I had not). She said there was nothing she could do.

We rented another unit to move some boxes. We are in the process of building a house so have nowhere else to put anything. She said we should move our stuff to another unit. My husband and I are in our late 60's and cannot physically move everything ourselves or pay someone else to move it. It has been a horrible experience and I would encourage anyone who has an option to rent from someone else to please do so. We have had family heirlooms destroyed and are now renting 5 units at a rate of $667 per month and destroyed furniture.

Extra space storage bought my location from another provider. Keeping in sync with all the other customers, totally agree how bad it is with these people. Every month they deface my lock with stickers. What the hell does this have to do with renting a unit. This is not their lock. I don't deface their property. Have asked them to stop continuously. Called corporate headquarters and was dismissed and hung up on. DON'T RENT FROM THESE HORRIBLE PEOPLE.

Kathleen contacted the week before the auction to let me that there are no partial payments and I was going to auction Tuesday. I didn't receive a certified letter but I had a letter in the mail from last month that asked me to sign off to abandon my storage. This was the worst storage ever. I've never lost a storage unit until now. You're not allowed to make any partial payments which I tried to do and they said no. One month I was $3 short and they made me go to the gas station to use the atm. I requested to get back my personal information and only my kid's items; I haven't received anything yet. My son is epileptic and I have his records in there; that's heartless. I even called the corporate office and they tried to stop the sale because I had money pending and asked for 1 more day.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Extra Space Storage operates self-storage facilities across 38 states and Puerto Rico. They offer various storage unit sizes as well as storage for small to large vehicles and boats.

• Unit size: Extra Space Storage offers unit sizes ranging from from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 30 feet. This is equivalent to the size of a small walk-in closet to the size of a one-and-a-half car garage. They also offer enclosed garage style parking to protect vehicles as well as outdoor covered or uncovered parking.
  • Moving tips: Consumers can find online moving tips via informational videos or guides. Planning tips include information on downsizing, staging your home for sale and hiring a moving company. Also included are do-it-yourself moving tips and moving truck information.
  • Discounts: For people moving themselves, Extra Space Storage partners with Budget Truck which offers a variety of trucks and vans. Consumers can call their toll-free number online to reserve a truck and save up to 20 percent. If people rent for a year or more they can receive the 13th month for free.
  • Storage lease: Storage leases are offered on a flexible month-to-month basis or a long-term, prepaid, yearly basis. Insurance is required for each unit rented. Monthly payments can be made on-site, online, by phone or by mail. Upon vacating the unit, consumers need to give a verbal 2-day notice or a written 15-day notice.
  • Service areas: Extra Space Storage operates in 38 states and Puerto Rico. Consumers can go online for a breakdown of cities and which units are available in each city.
  • Best for Consumers needing short or long term storage and vehicle storage.

Compare Self Storage and Portable Storage Companies