Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.94/5

Extra Space Self Storage Reviews

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Amber is the exactly what a manager should be. She is very professional, kind outgoing, easy to talk to, friendly and so very helpful. The world needs a few more Ambers in management positions. She really is a pleasure to talk to even if it isn’t about storage needs. Even my dog Kyra loves to see her when we visit there.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Lisa and Julie are both extremely competent and friendly. They will work to make sure everything is perfect for you and your storage unit. The premises are clean, safe and well kept. I have a background in law enforcement (26 years) and believe they have done just about everything to insure good security measures. If you need a storage unit in Rio Rancho NM, don't waste time shopping around. It doesn't get any better than this place. Excellent and you won't be disappointed. John **.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This is the BEST place to do business, they truly care and value the customer experience! My mother is moving from SC so I recommended this storage facility since I live nearby. My mother is knee deep in the moving process and directly contacted the facility. Unfortunately, she became extremely confused about pricing and logistics during the process. During the entire process, the assistant manager, Tom **, was extremely patient, attentive, responsive and professional. He expeditiously and diligently worked to review, research and resolve the misunderstanding.

Once I realized that my mother was in need of my assistance (an authorized point of contact), he did an excellent job of attentively listening to me reiterate the issue. He provided clarity on the misunderstanding and went above and beyond to make sure my mother had an excellent experience. This was the best customer service experience I have ever received! Wishing much continued success to the Extra Space Self Storage team and extend my best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2020!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

In Dire straits when I called to speak with someone who could, come close to fulfilling a miracle. I needed to save my Storage unit from being auctioned off. I had had some personal financial issues that interfered with me making payments on time. This time, it down to the last 3 days. TREE, assured come that everything was going to be alright by making sure that I knew about all the options that were available to me. Professional skills were top of the line and I am very grateful for her assistance and professionalism to help me resolve my issues.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have all of my belongings at this facility in Lake Elsinore. I have been with them for almost 4 years already and they have been so much help. I'm not only happy about how clean the property manager keeps it but he is also kind with answering any questions. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see their belongings well keeped and in the same condition.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extra Space Self Storage?

Original review: March 30, 2020

Extra Space Storage 8777 W Warm Springs Las Vegas, NV. Worst experience of my life. My beautiful brand new 14 ft trailer was stolen out of Extra Space Storage today along with multiple other units that were busted into and the whole front end of a van next to me smashed into pieces. I haven't even been there a month yet.

I received a nonchalant call from Jessica (the manager) this morning asking if I have moved my trailer recently. I said no and she told me it was gone. I jumped out of bed and asked what she meant and was explained that it had been stolen. As I started getting ready to head there I was asking a lot of questions and was rushed off the phone as she had to answer other multiple calls and needed to finish with a customer. I rushed down there and called the cops immediately. There were another 2 people there whose units were broken into and items were stolen. The gate was broken, the gate seems to always be broken according to many other tenants we spoke to.

Jessica would not come outside to talk to us, she wouldn't offer any help or even compassion. We had to call the office to speak to her. The door was locked and all the blinds were shut. I called her when I got there to ask a few questions and was rushed off the phone again being made aware there her phone and the office phones were blowing up. The owners of the smashed van showed up but again, there was no one to help or even give advice. No compassion for people that are paying rent.

We waited 6 hours and finally at 430pm the police officer showed up. I called Jessica again and she said she was not going to open the door or come out to speak with us. My police report has been filed and my insurance company has been called. I feel so defeated and utterly devastated. I just bought that trailer for my birthday earlier this month and trusted this place to keep it safe. I had 2 huge locks and a tire chain that was sawed off. I work so hard for the things I have, it's so heartbreaking to see something like that be taken from you.

The gate was still broken when I left. The cameras are not good enough quality to have caught who did this. No calls from corporate displaying any concern as Jessica told me she spoke with them already. No one to talk to there and no one wants to help. There's nothing I can do now. I've been swept under the rug. The trailer is gone and Extra Space Storage is doing nothing. Praying my insurance will help me replace my trailer because I'll get nothing from Extra Space.

Please be careful where you store your items at, check for cameras and make sure the surveillance is intact. Most importantly, read reviews everywhere. There seems to be a ton of reviews throughout here and Yelp about the gate always being broken. I wish I would have seen that before I came here, maybe I'd still have my trailer.

The total damage was my brand new locked trailer was stolen, 3 storage units smashed with over $5k worth of tools stolen and a parked Mercedes van completely smashed up on the whole front end. Break ins happen monthly and there are tons of police reports. This seems to be an inside job and the company won't even contact all of us that were affected. There's no one to help. They have completely turned their backs on us when we need help.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Regina T. And Cindy (store managers) are personable and positive people to work with. They keep a clean, safe, and well maintained location. I enjoyed being able to store my things there and the fee was reasonable. If I ever needed a unit I would definitely return to this location. Betty

Original review: March 7, 2020

After almost nine years with this company -- and ALWAYS paying my rent for a storage unity on time -- it just raised my rent from $114 per month to $180. That's INCREASE -- $66 -- IS more than half of what I'm paying now! There was absolutely no warning; all I got was a computerized notice telling me of the increase and telling me to vacate my unit by April 4 if I didn't like the rent increase! This is no way to treat a GOOD longtime customer. This massive increase is way out of proportion, considering previous increases in my monthly rent has been in the $10-15 range. This is just plain GREED and EXPLOITATION. What happened to valuing good customers? PLEASE HELP STOP THIS HARDHEARTED COMPANY!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

My mistake using this storage company, they take advantage of your necessity at the time and make you signs an stupid agreement and on that agreement they fool you increasing the rent any time they want, please be wise don't uses that company and you will save a lot of money, my mistake cost me at least $15k to $17k for storing my trash. I was a fool.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

My rent has been raised twice, and now a 10x10 is costing 265.00. I'm disabled, and it's difficult for me to move. This space is also not a temperature controlled room. Their services are horrible and they also lied to me like the other gentleman. it wasn't until I called that their representative got back to me, and say they increase the rent every nine months. Nice. -- Good way to keep returning customers. I am looking at moving ASAP.

Extra Space Self Storage expert review by Jessica Render

Extra Space Storage operates self-storage facilities across 38 states and Puerto Rico. They offer various storage unit sizes as well as storage for small to large vehicles and boats.

• Unit size: Extra Space Storage offers unit sizes ranging from from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 30 feet. This is equivalent to the size of a small walk-in closet to the size of a one-and-a-half car garage. They also offer enclosed garage style parking to protect vehicles as well as outdoor covered or uncovered parking.

• Moving tips: Consumers can find online moving tips via informational videos or guides. Planning tips include information on downsizing, staging your home for sale and hiring a moving company. Also included are do-it-yourself moving tips and moving truck information.

• Discounts: For people moving themselves, Extra Space Storage partners with Budget Truck which offers a variety of trucks and vans. Consumers can call their toll-free number online to reserve a truck and save up to 20 percent. If people rent for a year or more they can receive the 13th month for free.

• Storage lease: Storage leases are offered on a flexible month-to-month basis or a long-term, prepaid, yearly basis. Insurance is required for each unit rented. Monthly payments can be made on-site, online, by phone or by mail. Upon vacating the unit, consumers need to give a verbal 2-day notice or a written 15-day notice.

• Service areas: Extra Space Storage operates in 38 states and Puerto Rico. Consumers can go online for a breakdown of cities and which units are available in each city.

• Best for: Consumers needing short or long term storage and vehicle storage.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Extra Space Self Storage Company Information