Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

Extra Space Self Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extra Space Self Storage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extra Space Self Storage?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Myself and my other half enjoy the site with the manager Helena. We have a couple of units and the site is clean and safe. Helena is great and helps us out whenever we have a question. Thank you for being here for us and everyone.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I rented a unit at the Extra Space Storage in Warminster, Pennsylvania to store clutter from where I live. To start off with, reserving the unit was extremely easy and painless. It can be done 100% online, including signing the lease, and all you have to do is go to the facility to put a lock (that they provide you with inside your unit waiting for you after reserving) on the unit after reserving. Gate access is from 6am-10pm, which won’t be an issue for most people, although I wish it was 24 hours, since if you’re paying $58 a month to store stuff, there should never be a time when you can’t access your stuff. For that I deduct 1 star, although I won’t deduct more than that because overall I like Extra Space.

Get buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Brittany is everything a professional individual should be plus some. She has assured me through her actions that she will continue to carry out the service I was accustomed to with a previous sales associate. Customer service has become a lost cause in the way of genuine interest, follow-up, correcting mistakes and maintaining productive communication. In my experience Brittany has been all of the above, AND with committed enthusiasm! She is sincere and keeps her word!

In fact if not for Brittany and her manager I most likely would have taken my business elsewhere. Unfortunately I have had some bad experiences with Extra Space. Prior to that I was a long time client of A-Alamo Storage with a history of zero problems over several years. I highly recommend contacting Brittany for your storage needs. She is a gem, her enthusiasm and professional service are so refreshing!

Sue

Original review: July 19, 2020

I stopped by the Sunnyvale Extra Space Self Storage yard yesterday and was able to find a space for a vehicle. I was impressed by the high degree of service provided to me and other customers I saw. Service was thorough and efficient without any attempt to sell me items I didn't want. I wish more businesses were run like yours, thanks.

Original review: March 11, 2021

As many other people already stated: They increase the rent rate frequently. My rent went up 40% in 1 year. A very sneaky way to get more money because they know people don't like to move their stuff. I wonder if there is a legal way to stop that.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I believe Extra Space Storage on McLeod in Albuquerque has sold my unit against my will to pay them in not but six days from the day it was auctioned off. After begging and pleading with Elena she had the audacity to say to my face, "Oh you have ten seconds," then, "Ohhh it's too late. It's been sold and we got just a little over what you owed...." then told me I would be getting a small little check in the mail.

You have no idea how devastated I was and still am each day. It gets worse after losing my dad, my boyfriend, my brother. I will never be able to look at my belongings and reminisce when the world was a beautiful place to be and how much life they once shared with me.... Instead their memories will be shuffled around and thrown like trash just to get to the few worldly items their greed craves.... So as I stand there with tears rolling down my face your employee Elena hands me a box of Kleenex and says, "There is nothing I can do to help you.. We are running a business here..." like I didn't know this... What she meant to say was.... "There is nothing I am going to do to help you.... And you can leave my store...."

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Stay away! Our brand new boat was stolen from Extra Space Storage, we had it there for less than 3 months. We were assured that the boat would be safe with cameras everywhere and a gate which has to be accessed by an individual code. No one reported a break in to the police and to the customers. Weeks after our boat was stolen we went to get it out and it was gone! We called the police and The management told the police the gate was broken but they never reported it! The management also said the cameras were not working!!!!

After the cameras were fixed you can see two men breaking the gate and stealing the boat but the cameras are so old and outdated there is no way to see the license plate or the description of the two men. This kind of facility should be shut down! And they take no responsibility for the theft! It’s outrageous after they did not report the incident and as per the detective if the incident was reported that day they might of had a chance to find the robbers. Please don’t do any business with these people!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

**Beware. Do not store your property with this company.** They popped my locks while waiting for congress to fund unemployment. I live in NY. They targeted one of the three rooms looted and auctioned my brand new items, a room full of personal property. The manager did this after I told her about my unemployment. My things were sold in the pandemic for less than a thousand dollars because they didn't have any money. They allowed the manager to change my rate without notification which is stated on website under rates.

Do not trust this company. They are crooks and nobody has called them on the carpet. I seen a few people speak on this matter lagging proper notifications. A billion dollar company trading on NYSE and stole my things, took advantage of me and my family during this pandemic that was not caused by no fault of mine!! My family has suffered a grave hardship from this company....The district manager has yet to even contact to try to solve this matter. I can't wait to remove my things from this company. My locks were popped months ago. They don't secure yet they allow them to loot for payment and still charge you all the fees the anager faked she was waiving. She was setting me up to steal my property charging me during Covid 19.

Landlords, student loans and banks everyone was working with you and Extra Storage pretended to work with me. All lies. I was set up to be robbed by the store manager in Huntersville, NC. Do not trust her. She is a lies and she set me up and robbed me and my family....Our beds, photos, clothing, papers, I can't even think of the damages. I will keep you posted!! Go any place but do not store with this company. They are capitalizing off the pandemic stealing from hardworking single mothers. Beware!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I have a 5x5 storage until that is advertised as $41 dollars on their website, yet in the 5 months I’ve had storage there, they’ve up the price and now I pay $78.50 a month. Price gouging at its finest.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Do not store your RV here. Our new fifth wheel was broken into within the first week of storing it with them. Before we even got to use it the exterior doors were damaged and personal items / electronic inside were taken. Extra Space takes no responsibility for security or theft.

Extra Space Self Storage author review by Jessica Render

Extra Space Storage operates self-storage facilities across 38 states and Puerto Rico. They offer various storage unit sizes as well as storage for small to large vehicles and boats.

• Unit size: Extra Space Storage offers unit sizes ranging from from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 30 feet. This is equivalent to the size of a small walk-in closet to the size of a one-and-a-half car garage. They also offer enclosed garage style parking to protect vehicles as well as outdoor covered or uncovered parking.

• Moving tips: Consumers can find online moving tips via informational videos or guides. Planning tips include information on downsizing, staging your home for sale and hiring a moving company. Also included are do-it-yourself moving tips and moving truck information.

• Discounts: For people moving themselves, Extra Space Storage partners with Budget Truck which offers a variety of trucks and vans. Consumers can call their toll-free number online to reserve a truck and save up to 20 percent. If people rent for a year or more they can receive the 13th month for free.

• Storage lease: Storage leases are offered on a flexible month-to-month basis or a long-term, prepaid, yearly basis. Insurance is required for each unit rented. Monthly payments can be made on-site, online, by phone or by mail. Upon vacating the unit, consumers need to give a verbal 2-day notice or a written 15-day notice.

• Service areas: Extra Space Storage operates in 38 states and Puerto Rico. Consumers can go online for a breakdown of cities and which units are available in each city.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Extra Space Self Storage Company Information