Best Walk-in Tubs in Chicago, IL
For people with limited mobility, including seniors and those with physical disabilities, using a regular bathtub can be problematic and create an injury risk. That’s why walk-in bathtubs are increasing in popularity. We researched the best walk-in tubs in Chicago so you can start getting estimates.
Top 10 Chicago Walk-in Tub Companies
|Safe Step Walk-in Tubs||Read 1,600 Reviews|
Sells walk-in tubs and showers. Offers anti-slip flooring, anti-scald technology and waterproof remote. Tubs have contoured, heated seats and backrests. Built-in towel bar. Made in the U.S.
|Visit Website Toll free number (855) 465-0821|
|American Standard Walk-in Baths||Read 834 Reviews|
Sells walk-in air baths, deep soaking tubs, walk-in whirlpool tubs and combo massage tubs. Tubs have built-in grab bars, two-minute drain times, shower wands and slip-resistant textured floor. Costs range from $4,500 to $12,000.
|Visit Website Toll free number (844) 246-8076|
|Kohler Walk-In Bath||Read 177 Reviews|
Offers walk-in tubs with three-inch step-in. Tubs have interior and exterior handles, hydrotherapy, air jets, fast-drain technology, heated surfaces and custom finishes. Designed and assembled in the U.S.
|Visit Website Toll free number (833) 497-3523|
|BOCA Walk-in Tubs||Read 166 Reviews|
Sells walk-in tubs with 2-inch step-up. Anti-slip flooring and seating, ADA-compliant seat height and self-cleaning designs. Up to 18 air jets and 10 water jets. Bidet option. Quick drain. Left- and right-hand entry options.
|America’s Bath Company||Read Expert Review|
Manufactures U.S.-made walk-in tubs with lifetime warranties. Provides in-home design help from a consultant. Installs tubs in one or two days. Offers financing. Operates a showroom in Lake Barrington.
|Comfort Shower and Bath||Read Expert Review|
Sells walk-in tubs for all spaces. Installs tubs in as little as one day. Includes one-year limited warranty. Offers flexible financing for all budgets. Performs a complimentary in-home design consultation and estimate.
|Excel Bath||Read Expert Review|
Installs walk-in tubs in new bathrooms or replaces existing tubs or showers. Schedules in-home evaluations. Offers financing. Displays specials on website. More than 40 years in the bathroom remodeling industry.
|Lifeway Mobility||Read Expert Review|
Sells free-standing and built-in walk-in tubs with low step-ins and outward- or inward-swinging doors. Employs professional, factory-trained technicians for installations. Offers financing options. Gives free home assessments.
|Matrix Bath Systems||Read Expert Review|
Sells and installs walk-in tubs made with nonporous acrylic and infused with Microban. Includes limited lifetime warranty. Offers financing. Provides a free, all-inclusive project quote.
|Rane||Read Expert Review|
Stocks seven walk-in tub models made in the U.S. Sells free-standing and built-in baths with inward- and outward-swinging doors. Offers an online tub comparison chart and detailed product guide.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 1 in 4 people older than 65 fall each year. These falls generally occur in the bathroom, and most falls in the bathroom happen in the tub or shower. If you or a loved one has limited mobility, a walk-in tub in Chicago helps make the bathroom a safer place.
Chicago walk-in tub cost
Walk-in bathtubs in Chicago cost anywhere from $1,500 to more than $20,000. One of the main factors that determine the price is the walk-in tub type, but the manufacturer you choose, the features, the size, the materials and the color also influence the cost.
The most common types of walk-in tubs in Chicago include the following:
- Soaking tubs are basic tubs with standard safety features. They cost between $1,500 and $5,000.
- Aerotherapy tubs are soaking tubs with air jets that circulate water. They cost from $5,000 to $9,000.
- Hydrotherapy tubs are soaking tubs with water jets, which provide a more intense massage than air jets. They typically cost from $5,000 to $7,000.
- Combination tubs, which have both air and water jets, cost between $7,000 and $10,000.
- Wheelchair-accessible tubs and bariatric tubs have bigger entryways and outward-swinging doors to accommodate those in wheelchairs and larger individuals. They are usually priced between $5,000 and $10,000.
- Luxury walk-in tubs are custom-built precisely to the buyer’s specifications. They usually cost at least $10,000 and can be as expensive as $20,000 or more.
Another major cost factor is the installation, which is usually $1,500 or less. Some walk-in tub companies include installation in the price of the walk-in tub, while others charge separately. If you are purchasing a walk-in tub from a company that doesn’t perform installations, ask for recommendations for plumbers or contractors who have experience with walk-in tubs.
Most walk-in tub companies offer consultations and estimates at no charge, but make sure your quote includes all costs. Don't forget to ask about financing options, specials and discounts as you compare products.
Licensing and permits required in Chicago, IL
Always verify your tub installer has the appropriate licenses from the city of Chicago or the relevant authority. The city’s Department of Buildings updates its list of licensed general contractors, plumbing contractors and electrical contractors daily.
According to the Chicago Department of Buildings, no permit is required if you are replacing a standard bathtub with the same size walk-in tub in the same location. A permit may be required if you are not replacing a fixture in the same space, or if your installation requires construction or alteration of your electrical or plumbing system. Your installer should be able to tell if you need a permit, and most obtain it for you if necessary. For more information about permits, contact the Department of Buildings or check out the department’s Guide to Permits.
Chicago walk-in tub FAQ
- Will Medicare pay for a walk-in tub?
- No, Medicare typically doesn’t cover the cost of a walk-in tub. To make your purchase more affordable, most walk-in tub companies offer financing options with interest as low as 0%. Don’t forget to ask about discounts and current promotions.
- How long does it take to install a walk-in tub in Chicago?
- It can take as little as one day to one week or longer to install a walk-in tub in Chicago. The walk-in tub company or your installer gives you a projected installation time during the purchasing process.
- What’s a typical warranty for walk-in tubs in Illinois?
- Walk-in tub warranties vary by company. The warranty should cover all components of the tub, including pumps, motors, jets and the door seal, plus the labor cost to make the fix. It's possible not all parts of the tub will have the same warranty duration. Look over a copy of the warranty carefully before buying a walk-in tub in Chicago.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Chicago walk-in tub company information
America’s Bath Company serves all of Chicagoland and installs U.S.-made walk-in tubs in one or two days. Baths come with a lifetime warranty. The company offers financing programs. Call or fill out an online form to get a quote. You can also visit America’s Bath Company’s showroom in Lake Barrington.
- Address: 22292 N. Pepper Road, Lake Barrington, IL 60010
- Phone: (855) 454-3700
- Hours: M - Th: 9am - 5pm; F: 9am - 4pm
- Website: americasbath.com
Comfort Shower & Bath sells walk-in tubs that come with an extra-wide door, ultralow threshold, fast-drain technology and heated surfaces. The company’s installation crew has more than 20 years of experience and installs tubs in as little as one day. Financing is available. Call or fill out an online form for a free, no-obligation, in-home design consultation and estimate.
- Address: 570 E. North Frontage Road, Bolingbrook, IL 60440; Multiple locations
- Phone: (847) 584-1118
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: comfortshowerandbath.com
Matrix Bath Systems’ walk-in tubs, made with nonporous acrylic and infused with Microban to prevent mold and mildew growth, come in a variety of styles and colors. The company guarantees its professional installation, and all tubs come with a worry-free guarantee. Check the website for financing and other special offers, then call or fill out an online form a free, all-inclusive quote.
- Address: 3050 N. Kennicott Ave. Ste. 2, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
- Phone: (847) 383-0373
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 8pm
- Website: matrixbathsystems.com
Excel Bath has been in the home improvement business in Chicago since 1977. It installs walk-in tubs to replace existing tubs or showers, or as part of a newly built bathroom. Financing is available. Go to the company's website to see a gallery of completed projects and its current specials.
- Address: 174 N. Brandon Drive, Glendale Heights, IL 60139; Multiple locations
- Phone: (708) 636-9898
- Hours: M - Th: 8am - 7pm; F: 8am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 5pm
- Website: myexcelbath.com
Lifeway Mobility offers free-standing and built-in walk-in tubs with low step-ins and outward- or inward-swinging doors. All tubs are made in the United States. The company promises free home accessibility evaluations, professional installation by factory-trained technicians, responsive repair service and various payment options. Each Lifeway Mobility consultant has an average of 17 years of experience.
- Address: 210 W. Campus Drive, Ste. B, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
- Phone: (847) 318-3312
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 4:30pm
- Website: lifewaymobility.com
Rane, a family-owned and -operated company that manufactures its products in Tennessee, sells seven different walk-in tub models. Select features like size, built-in or free-standing and inward- or outward-swinging doors. On Rane’s website, you can view a walk-in tub comparison chart and a detailed guide to all of its tubs. Call or fill out an online form for more information.
- Address: Serves Chicago residents
- Phone: (866) 590-4547
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: ranetubs.com
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!