How much does a stair lift cost?
Stair lift costs range from $2,000 to over $14,000
Stair chair lifts cost from $2,000 to more than $14,000 depending on the length of the stairwell, the stairwell shape and equipment features.
Prices for straight stair lifts (i.e., lifts for straight stairwells with 12 to 14 steps) range from $2,000 to $5,000. Costs for curved stair lifts, which are designed for stairwells that turn, range between $5,000 and $14,000. High-end models typically include convenience features, such as adjustability and remote controls, that raise the price.
Compare stair lift prices
Stair lift cost varies by the type of stair lift. The most significant factor in stair lift cost is whether your staircase curves.
Expect extra features to come with additional costs. Stair lifts have many possible add-ons, such as automatic fold-up, power-folding rails, swivel chairs, remote control and adjustable seats. Stair lifts with convenience features cost at least several hundred dollars more.
|Straight stair lift||$2,000 - $5,500|
|Curved stair lift||$5,000 - $14,000|
|Outdoor stair lift||$2,500 - $12,000|
How much does it cost to install a stair lift?
The installation process typically costs between $500 and $2,000, depending on the complexity of the system and stairwell, but companies usually include the installation cost in the price of a stair lift. Buying and installing a stair lift costs anywhere from $2,000 to $14,000.
Installing a stair lift yourself saves money, but we recommend using a professional who is familiar with the brand and model to install the stair lift. A mistake on your part could lead to a malfunction or accident.
Stair lift cost FAQ
- How much does it cost to rent a stair lift?
- Stair lift rentals cost between $80 and $600 per month, depending on length of staircase, the included features and whether the staircase is straight or curved. Renting a stair lift often requires a fee for installation and removal — typically between a few hundred and a few thousand dollars.
- How much does a used stair lift cost?
- Used stair lifts typically cost $500 to $1,000 less than brand new stair lifts. The least expensive used stair lifts cost around $2,000.
- Does insurance cover stair lifts?
- Insurance companies do not typically cover the cost of stair lifts, but some may provide assistance if you can prove that a stair lift is medically necessary.
- How much does stair lift maintenance cost?
- Maintenance or repair service for your stair lift generally costs between $100 and $250 per visit.
- Do stair lift companies offer financing?
- Some stair lift manufacturers and sellers offer financing options to pay for a stair lift. Ask about financing programs when you receive a quote.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.