4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bruno is a third-generation family business committed to designing and manufacturing high-quality stairlifts and other products to help people with mobility challenges retain their independence. Bruno stairlifts are manufactured exclusively in Wisconsin, United States.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

934 Bruno Independent Living Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

My mom had fallen and she did physical therapy but it hurt her further. She needed to get out of the house but she couldn’t. My husband and I were trying to help her get a company to come and install a stairlift. When my mom had some work done in the house, a construction man said he saw a house that had a nice stairlift, so he gave me the name of the company, Benchmark Home Elevator, out of Napa, California that sells Bruno stairlifts. Bruno was good, but I dealt with Benchmark and they were terrific.

I interviewed three different stairlift companies before and it was not a good experience. The sales people were like car salesmen and they hemmed and hawed. Some of them wouldn’t get back to me unless I asked them. But when the guy selling Bruno stairlifts came in, he was cut-and-dry and knowledgeable. We went to the back stairs, but it was too small and narrow, and he knew there would be problems. He did his job and he was straightforward in giving us the price. He said he could make the cost higher and then give a percentage so we would think that we were getting something for nothing, but he just gave us the cost and the payments were straightforward. It was a fair price and I didn’t feel like he was trying to nickel-and-dime us. He didn’t make so much and it was an honest, fair way of doing the sale. That was the smoothest thing that we ever went through with him.

It really made me feel good when the guy said that Bruno's product is American-made and wasn’t coming from China. He told us what we needed that would be good for my mom, which was the basic stairlift, and that was what he put on the outside for people. He made it so easy and didn't give any options to make me confused. Everything he said that was gonna happen did happen. He said the stairlift was gonna come between six and seven weeks, and it did. He and his partner came and put the stairlift in. The installation and the cleanup were good. Sometimes, though, when I press the button for my mom to go down, the stairlift stops midway and I’m not sure if I’m doing it wrong with the button or if the stairlift is supposed to stop sometimes while going down.

The Bruno stairlift is a good product with material that looks good and Benchmark is a very good company. I tell people not to waste their time and interview anybody else if they ever need a stairlift. Unfortunately, though, we got the curved stairlift and it cost us more. But Benchmark did a good job fitting it into our strairwell. But my mom doesn't use the footrest because she has a hard time bending her legs. It's too bad they don’t have a longer footrest that juts out more, but the guy said that would not be advisable for our curved stairlift and the footrest is only one size, so I just put the footrest up and my mom dangles her feet a bit.

I like the quality of our stairlift, although I wish it could make another right-hand turn to move the chair to the right. The guy said it just stops and can’t go the other way, and we have to get up from that point. We've made it work, but that turn would have made it easier for mom. The stairlift is beautiful, though, and one of my friends saw it and said that it looks like it came with the house. We're really happy with it and it is the best thing we ever did. It's the best thing for me and my mom that I can take her out to the doctor and out to lunch once in a while, and I can get her out of the house if there is an emergency. So, our Bruno stairlift has given us options in our life.

The stairlift is worth every penny that we paid and its cost was the best money that we spent. The stairlift saved the day because I couldn’t get my mom medical help before as I couldn’t take her to appointments with the doctors and the doctors would not come over to the house. I tried services to get her out of the house before, but they charged too much and we didn’t know if we were getting professionals. But Bruno is a good company with a nice stairlift and we love them.

Get expert buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I had a spinal surgery back in August and it’s gonna be about eight months from then before I would be able to navigate a set of stairs easily. Unfortunately, there’s no way to get to the main level in my house without going up into the stairs. So we knew, going into it, that we were gonna have to make some concession. We didn’t know exactly what we were gonna do so we had one vendor come out and look. The staircase in my house is odd as well since it’s very steep and narrow. The first guy who came out and looked at it said he didn’t believe it would be possible so we put that decision aside. A friend of mine, who's got MS and has been slowly degrading over time, had a stairlift put in in her townhouse a couple months ago and she suggested we call the folks from Access Ability. They came out, looked at it, and said that they thought they could do it, so we went forward.

Hayden, who I believe is one of the co-owners of Access Ability, did some measurements, took photographs, and made some basic sketches. We discussed what would have to happen and what would be done. Because of the nature of how my stairwell is built, we ended up having to go with a rail that had a fold-up extension at the end. We discussed the advantages of that as well as the option of a manual folding or an automatic folding rail, and we also talked about what the price range would potentially be. He said that he would get the information over to the interviewers at Bruno, and they would get back with him about what kind of equipment we need and give a set of instructions.

After about a week, Hayden had some difficulty. It was right in the middle of a hurricane coming through and since they do in-home elevators, they had some homes here that had gotten flooded and damaged elevators, so he was busy. But once he got the information up to Bruno, the interviewers came back and they didn’t believe that it was possible. They said that they didn’t think that it would work, given what he sent them. He passed that information along to us and it was discouraging reading the email. When we read the email, we realized that he had made assumptions that were incorrect. He thought we had wanted the lift rail to be on one side of the stairwell but we actually wanted it on the other side. The rail blocks off the access to one of the rooms in our house, but it doesn’t matter if we go in that room.

I ran Hayden back and asked if he could come out so we can talk about it again because we were talking about two different things. He came out, we talked about it again, and I pointed out what he said. So he went back in and gained some updated information. About two days later, he contacted me and said that they had all the mechanical drawings back. They required a deposit before they ordered the equipment from Bruno, so we sent over a check. It was 10 days from the day we sent the check until the day the stairlift was installed, and it was very quick.

Access Ability came out and got the stairlift installed. They got here about 9:00 or 10:00 o’clock that morning and then left around 4:00. It was a little more difficult than they had anticipated. They had a couple of places where they had to back up and make a little change here and there. Hayden has been very professional and knowledgeable about how the things would work and being able to look at the problem and extrapolate the equipment onto the problem. During the installation, there was something he didn’t feel was quite right and he couldn’t figure out how the engineers had intended for it to work. He was able to take his phone and call directly to the engineering department at Bruno, speak with one of the engineers directly right then, and worked through the problem. He took a picture and sent it to the guy. The engineering department assisted and was involved in coming up with a solution for the unique problem we had.

Hayden had immediate access to the person or persons that he needed to talk to in order to fix the problem right then and that is not something that happens every day. Bruno supported and followed through where so many companies don’t have these days. That is unique and impressive because otherwise, the installers had to ditch and then come back the next day. Of course, one more day is not another big deal but it certainly was much more satisfying to have the installation all done in one day. It even makes me confident that if I ever have a problem down the road and even if Hayden is not involved or they’ve gone out of business, Bruno would be able to support that person or me in doing whatever I needed doing.

In the end, the Bruno lift works great and it does exactly what I need it to do. I’m very happy with it. It can survive a lot of stuff and seems to be a very well-made and precision piece of equipment. I knew the majority of what we were talking about on it since I once had a job with a company that does wheelchair and medical equipment repair. The only thing that I wasn’t expecting was the folding rail stuff as I had never seen that before. When I fold down the part of the rail, I expected that there would be a big clunk but there isn't. It’s like a little thing where I barely feel it.

What's more, it’s amazing how the other people who came out were convinced that a stairlift wasn’t gonna work just because our stairwell is extremely steep and narrow, and they didn’t think they would be able to get adequate support for it. But the Bruno feels as stable as anything. I’m a big guy, about 340 pounds, and I don’t feel like it moves or shifts,or has any chance of doing anything at all when I’m going up and down it.

Having the stairlift has been a huge mental boost. My bedroom, my office, the kitchen, the primary living area is all upstairs. When I came home from the hospital, we put a bed in a spare room that has a full bath attached to it downstairs. My wife was bringing down everything I needed and it was really frustrating to live there for a month. Now, it's been a huge advantage to be back at the part of the house where we normally live. I came in a wheelchair after surgery and rehabilitation, and I’m getting better and improving dexterity every day. I’m using a cane to get around mostly but I still have a long way to go. It would be hard to go up the steps if I really tried. It would be dangerous and stupid. To have the freedom to get that big block out of the way allowed me to focus on some of the other things I needed to do rather than to sit, drool, and mope in the thought of being stuck in one room.

The Bruno lift also costs a lot less than some of the other options we got. We've had people come out and talk about putting in an external wheelchair lift that comes out into our back deck, or putting in a ramp. We were looking at 10 or $12,000 for those options but the Bruno came in under $6,000. Overall, Bruno does some stuff that has a dramatic impact on people’s lives. Because of that, they know where they need to be and they make sure that they’re gonna be that way. You can be confident that if things are put in, things are gonna be put in right and they’re gonna work right.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We have a two-story home and the bedrooms and the only bath are on the second floor. My brother lives here in the house with me. He had a major surgery and he was in the hospital and rehab for four months. I was very concerned about how he would able to manage because there was a point where the thought of him being able to do the stairs was not even fathomable. When he was in rehab, it was suggested that a stairlift would be a great thing. But I wasn't sure because I wanted him to be able to continue to exercise and to use the muscles in his legs. Also, the house is older and the stairlift was something that I wasn't sure I was comfortable putting in given the integrity of the house. But I got over that pretty quickly. The most important thing was for my brother to be able to have as much accessibility to the house as possible and that he would be safe and have some comfort in doing that.

Close to the time when my brother was finally able to come home, I contacted a company and they came out to do measurements and talked to me about the project but I wasn't sure. I saw an ad for Bruno in the back of an AARP magazine. I contacted them from the get-go and I was more comfortable with how they handled my request, concerns, and questions. They said they didn't really need to have somebody come out to do the measurements unless I was gonna do a wrap around. When a gentleman came out, he was very nice and knowledgeable about what he was doing. What he said made sense combined with the fact that the Bruno was made in the USA and it was a little less costly than the other company.

The day before my brother came home, a gentleman came out. He was, again, a total pro, knew what he was doing, understood the reason for it and understood the situation that I was in and the caregiver situation. He did a great job. I was told me to expect about six hours of installation but he got it done in four and a half hours. And it wasn't that he was rushing. It took us 10 minutes to go through the operation. I did two separate straight lifts. On the small landing, my brother transfers from one chair to the other which he is able to do. The stairlift is a godsend and I'm very happy with the Bruno product. I'm very happy with Mediquip too, the people that do it here in this area.

There are, however, a couple of things that are particular to our situation and my brother's learning and some of his restrictions and his movements. One, when my brother turns the chair to either transfer from one to the other or to get out of the chair upstairs to his walker and if the chair's not turned back right away, the beeping puts me over the edge. That's just because being with him in the hospital and in rehab for so long, the beeps and the noises, push me over the edge. And it's not always real easy for him to turn the chair around. We don't do anything too quickly anymore. It could be 20 minutes, 30 minutes, or 40 minutes and I tell my brother that I need to turn the chair because the noise is making me crazy.

The other thing is that when you do put the seat up, it's pretty hard to do so. Maybe there's a metal disc and that might be a magnet to the base. I think it's a safety feature but it's a little heavy. Another thing I noticed is the foot base. My brother tries to kick it down with his feet and he doesn't have that range of motion to really lift his leg up quite high enough to catch the edge of that footrest and get it down. But he learned that he really needs to kinda push it down with his hands as fast as possible.

Other than those, I am very pleased with the entire experience and I've told other people about it. I was very concerned if the product was going to work for my brother and if he was going to be happy about it. But the stairlift works for him, he is happy with it and it makes his life and my life easier because I'm not having to help him up the steps, walk behind him, grab onto him, and worry that he's gonna fall. All of those things that we had been dealing with, the stairlift has at least eliminated them from my day in and day out concerns which is huge.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My wife is disabled with bad knees and she can’t get up and down the stairs. I bought her a stairlift, so she could move. The company that I bought it from is only about 6 miles from my house, so I had the opportunity to go down, meet the people, and see one of their units work. Right there, I tried out the Bruno stairlift and I liked that it was made in the United States. I was so excited to be able to find a company that was close to my house that would do the work right away because I had to get my wife out of a rehab post within a certain amount of time and they managed to get it done before she had to get out.

The installation team came here and were very knowledgeable, very friendly, very courteous, and very nice. It was also very neat that they did the work very quickly. I had everything ready for them. They were here for two hours and they told me it was the fastest installation they ever made. All that was left was the power and I told them exactly how to do it. The stairlift fits in perfect to the stairwell and I was happy with the installation. They tried it a couple times then I went on it a couple times and it worked. I had to show my wife because she had to get used to it and it took two weeks for her to operate it properly.

Bruno's reps told me that they could get a contract for the insurance side of things, but I didn’t ask about how they'd get it fixed or the cost of it. I assumed that it would be taken care of by itself. I have two chairs and a day or two after I had installed a lower chair, it stopped working. It would start, then it would stop, then it would start again. One of the things they discussed with me was that they had a lifetime warranty on the thing but when I filed a complaint, they said that it would start with $39.99 for them to come out to the house.

When I asked how come they charged me that even though I have a warranty, their rep said that the company found out that they got a lot of minor complaints that really weren't true or were errors and they ended up sending people out. So they decided to put a small charge to discourage people from doing that on minor problems. I didn’t like that idea and it gave me a bad taste in my mouth, but I was still happy about the fact that they gave me the service. Also, Bruno doesn't charge that $39.99 for the first year you have the stairlift, but if I had to pay $39.99 every time they come out for stuff like this, I’d be very upset.

I waited a little while and the stairlift worked again, so I let it go for a day thinking I didn’t wanna become one of the old people that complained about those minor problems. Finally, it stopped for good and wouldn't work at all. I called and their rep said that there is a limit switch on the chair. Anytime it's on, the staircase stops and sometimes, it could jiggle the the stairlift operates and stops. That made sense to me. He told me to go out and jiggle the part. So, I went out and jiggled everything, but the stairlift would not start. It was Saturday and he said that they could have somebody here on Monday. But I told him that it was a medical problem as my wife couldn't go up and down stairs without the stairlift. He said that he’d have one of his men from the technical department call me that night but there was no call.

Sunday morning came up and when we were downstairs, the stairlift was working again. But not for long, though. So, I had to wait until Monday morning before somebody showed up. I thought that if it was treated as a medical problem they were gonna get here as soon as possible, but they don’t get any servicemen out if it’s out of hours. Meanwhile, my wife had to go up and down twice, which was painful. She went up by herself and I had to help her to get down the stairs.

Monday morning came along and in came the repairman. He was a very nice gentleman, very neat, and seemed very capable. I started complaining about things that don’t work and I asked what I was gonna do with this thing. He told me not to worry and that he was gonna overhaul the chair. He was here for a couple of hours. He took the chair apart and looked at every piece and switch. He then adjusted the switches so that they wouldn’t need much of a throw before they operated. I sat down in the living room just watching him work. I was pretty familiar with electronics and I asked if there is a circuit board in one of the chairs. He said that there is and asked me if I thought that it might be a circuit board problem. I told him that from my experience in electronic switches in my telephone company, it's the first place I would look for. I would change the circuit board and hope for the best.

Eventually, he got the stairlift to work. He did a good job and he was right that one of the switches must have been right on the edge. However, 15 minutes later, I pushed the button and the chair did not work again. The taste in my mouth was getting worse. I knew there was no way the repairman could come back to my house the same day on Monday. I called the office and they said that they'd get him here the next day, Tuesday. He came in here Tuesday, went to the chair, and took all the things off.

He said that he was gonna jump out all the switches and that those switches were no longer used. But after he did that, the stairlift still didn’t work. He had to call an expert in the warehouse and they discussed it. The guy in the warehouse told him that it was the circuit board but the repairman thought that he already changed the circuit board. Fortunately, he had one on the truck. He went outside, took the circuit board, put it in there, and it worked like a charm. The stairlift hasn’t stopped working since.

While he was here, I told the repairman that the upper chair is supposed to slow down when it stops, which is an excellent idea. However, it's not slowing down and it goes speeding. He said that they do that sometimes. He tried it a couple times and he said that it was working all right. I told him not to worry about it. Even though it doesn’t slow down, it still goes and that’s the important part. Somehow, the bottom chair was working fine, although I was not really happy. In a little while and some more days later, I got in the top chair. While it was in the bottom position and I hit the button to go up, it moved so slowly. It went for about five seconds, then it went up in speed. If it’s up to the top, it works properly up there, but while not on the top, it goes slowly then goes to speed. It was doing it almost every single shot. Then, it stopped and I wondered if it was gonna stop on me like the other one did.

The back of that rail has copper bus bars, so I went upstairs and got a nice and clean undershirt. I came down and I cleaned the bus bars with the clean rag. I wiped down at the end where that one bar is that goes the slower speed, and I had no trouble for days. The question in my mind was when I get in that chair, I really don’t know if it’s gonna stop working, but I was afraid to call the office. Right now, I’m sitting with this thing and every once in a while, it does the same thing. I go up, get my rag, clean the thing there, and it works for a couple of days then it goes again. Somewhere in those chairs, there’s some sort of a brush, either a spring brush or cotton brush, that rubs against those copper bus bars and somehow, they should have been adjusted with more tension on, so they would hit properly.

Also, as that chair goes up, it makes a squeaking sound, which I don’t really care about. I’m happy it works, but I can’t really say, in reliability, that that chair up there is not gonna stop. I also can’t even guarantee that it’ll stop on a Saturday or Sunday or late at night time and I’m gonna be out of luck. I really don't know what to do.

Other than that, this Bruno stairlift is a lifesaver and that’s the important thing to me. I don’t care if it goes slow. They have that slow speed because if it was going up and came to a stop while it was going fast, it would kill elderly people. I would tell anybody about my experience and tell them about the good parts like the installation and how the stairlift works. For the first year now, I’m hoping they can get my problems solved. Maybe they can bypass my thing then call the people down, which would be very nice, and tell them that I am not happy with the way it’s operating now. I also found out that they lease the units and that I can buy a leased unit which is cheaper. So, I was thinking if one of these chairs or both of these chairs are leased units. But it looked like they were brand new and I didn’t see any scuff marks or air marks on them.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I live in a two-story house where my bedroom is on the second floor. I have a bad hip and I'm not a good candidate for a hip replacement because of the earlier damage to my hip over the years. So, I had extreme difficulty getting up and down the stairs. I had my Bruno stairlift installed and it was done through the VA hospital. People came to me in January to do the initial review and two companies submitted their bids. Mobility Limited ended up winning the bid and then they had to come back out in February to do final measurements where they used a computer system that produced a CAD drawing of the stairs.

There was some confusion there because, first off, when the contract got let (note: please check audio), I was not informed. I was left in the dark and after 45 days I ended up having to call VA and I asked if there was any word on the stairlift. Their main office called me back and said that they have granted it, but it was gonna take two months to manufacture because there were curves in the stairs and the stairlift was not something that simply comes straight out of the box. They have to build a particular stairlift for my set of stairs.

Then, the problem came in. There seemed to be some miscommunication between the primary officer in Pittsburg and the office here. I had received a notice that the stairlift parts would be shipped on the 9th of May to the installing organization and that I should have word by the 14th of May about an installation date. I called the local company on the morning of the 14th of May and only ended up with a secretary and leaving a message on one of the individual’s phones. That afternoon, the company from Pittsburg called me and said that somebody would be in touch with me within 24 hours to install. On the 15th I didn’t hear anything, so I called back on the 16th to see what was going on and I was put on hold again. I was getting a little upset, so I contacted the VA section that deals with this contract and I asked what was going on. They called and applied a little bit of pressure.

I've got a phone call the evening of the 16th saying that the installer had cleared their schedule and they were gonna be out in the morning of the 17th to install it, but there was no contact with me. They called me up and said that they were gonna come out the morning of the 17th to install it. I would be departing on the afternoon of the 17th and would not be back until the 22nd. I was taking off for the weekend. The gal on the phone said it would not be a problem and they could install it by noon. They're supposed to be out between 8:30 and 9:30 on the 17th. At 9:30, I got a call from the company saying that one of their individuals had a sick child and could not make it to work, so they would not be out there until noon and that if they weren’t coming on the 17th, they'd probably come on the morning of the 18th because the installation would take at least 8 to 10 hours to install.

I explained to them that I had told the gal on the phone that I was leaving at 5:30 on the 17th and I was not gonna be back until the 22nd and they said they were loaded up. So, they shifted the schedule and they installed the stairlift on the 23rd. Two installers came promptly at 8:30 and it took them five hours. The installer was a subcontractor through the main company and they didn’t seem to be too familiar with this particular brand. There were very explicit instructions which they decided not to follow and they ended up having to disassemble quite a bit and follow them step-by-step. Then, they went over with all the procedures with me for the stairlift and then they departed.

I love the stairlift. Normally, I get up in the morning and I would do everything. I get dressed, come downstairs and bring everything with me that I needed for the day because I would not use the stairs again until the evening. I'd have to send my wife upstairs to get me things on occasions because the stairs was so difficult for me to climb. I'm pretty mobile over flat terrain and I can move pretty good, but lifting the foot and the legs to climb is very difficult. I could climb about six steps then it would hurt so bad I'd have to literally stop, sit down and rest for a little bit.

With the stairlift now, I'm up and down the stairs a dozen times a day. It's unique because it doesn’t go along the wall. It goes along the railings and it gives us more room and when it's downstairs where it sits in the main entranceway, I can leave the seat and everything down and it's not in the way of traffic. The only time it might be in the way of traffic is when it's at the top of the stairs and if I fold the seat up, it's not bad. In addition, I have leather seats, both arms and the seat folds and the seat swivels both ways. It has a footrest that lifts up and down. The equipment is amazing, but customers need to find another company to install it and there are companies in this area that would do the installation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?

Original review: May 19, 2019

My experience with Bruno has been real good. I'm satisfied with it. My son guided me towards Bruno and the rep answered all the questions that we had. Everything went real nice during the installation. There was no mess. It didn’t take them any time hardly. I kinda thought it’d take a couple of days but it was just a couple of hours. They showed me how it worked too. I got on it and went through it. I also have the manual. It’s just a matter of sitting down and pushing the button and I’m up or down here. So, it works great. The stairlift is straight from the basement up to the kitchen area and it fits really well. It works good for me. Bruno has made my life much better. I was having problems with my knees going up and down the steps. Eventually I would get up there, but it’s nice to sit down and push the button and up or down you go. I really enjoy it. I would recommend Bruno.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My 96-year-old father was used to a single-level home, and when he moved in with me, he couldn't manage the steps. We went through the VA to get a stairlift and they chose Bruno. We got the straight stairlift and we had a minor misunderstanding on which side of the steps we wanted it on. So they had to come back and measure again, but it worked out fine. The ride has been smooth and the stairlift is doing very well.

Original review: May 12, 2019

It was getting harder and harder to get up and down the stairs so I purchased a stairlift. I researched a bunch of stairlift providers and Bruno seemed to be the better one. Their rep was a friendly sort of a person and he seemed to know what he was doing. The installation was very quick and complete. For my staircase, the stairlift is a little bit of a problem, but not bad. The stairlift could be a little smaller, but I don't know how they'd go about doing it 'cause mine's a curved staircase. Other than that, it's a very good product so far.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Bruno was recommended by a family friend. We went to the store and the rep showed us the different lists and talked about the pricing. Then he set an appointment to have it installed. The installation was great. They showed up one afternoon and were done in about three hours. So far, the quality of the stairlift has been great. We haven't had any problems with it.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I love the Bruno stairlift. I couldn't afford something like that, but a friend of mine took the job over and some families that I know and some friends purchased it for me. I have about 10 stairs to get up into my house, and I have neuropathy. To get into my house, I was using my basement steps and that was going well until I just couldn't get up the last step. I had to hold on to something to get up the last step into my house, and it just wasn’t working anymore. I'm over 80 years old and I really needed the stairlift so badly.

The installation of the stairlift went very well. They were very professional. I went out on the porch, and one was down at the foot of the steps and another was at the top of the steps grinning as I went up and down half a dozen times to learn how to use the stairlift. It's allowed me to go downstairs off my porch and sit outside if I want to. It's also allowed me a way to get down and I just sit on it at the foot of the steps and wait for my friend who takes me to the grocery store to come. So, it's just wonderful having it. I would recommend Bruno highly. It's a good company. I had brochures about it before I got the seat, and I'm just delighted with everything.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My dad had been in Morehead, Kentucky before and he had looked into Bruno. I’ve had a couple of friends down there that had it, and they were good with them. That’s why I went with it, too. Bruno's team guided me in all my options. They explained everything perfectly. I had wonderful people. The installation team was excellent. When they told me they would be here, they did. I had to get a door removed, put in a different place, and that took me a little while, and I got that done. But they were here at all times. I wanted a swivel to automatically swivel, it lets you off, and they didn’t realize that it didn’t. It took a week or so to get that in. After that, it was fine. I absolutely love my Bruno stairlift. I like the part of it turning around and letting you off. It's great being able to go down the stairs like that. I’ve already recommended Bruno to three people.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I have a bad knee and so I decided to get a stairlift. There was a local guy who’s been doing stairlifts for 20 years that had good references. Everything was fine during the sales visit. The installer was a nice guy. He was in and out in about two hours or so. I like everything about my Bruno stairlift. The only one issue that concerns me, and I was gonna call them here in a little while, but when you are going down, it switches to a higher speed after you get going. It speeds up at different times. One time, it would speed up as soon as you get one-step down. Another time, it would speed up when you hit the four-step down. And it’s not being consistent. Other than that, it’s fine. I’d recommend Bruno.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I looked for someone locally that had a showroom so I could try a stairlift out, and 101 Mobility was close to me. I ordered my Bruno stairlift and had it installed through them. I went to the showroom and met with the woman there who was extremely nice and helpful. I really liked her and she gave me a lot of information. I got to try different models. And then they had someone come out to my home. They looked at how the setup would be and explained the price. They were very informative and very pleasant to work with. The installer was one guy, and he was very professional and showed up on time. He didn’t take all day, did the installation very efficiently, and explained how everything worked and the maintenance to me. It went very well.

I’m on oxygen so I have trouble with stairs, and I haven't been in my basement for two years. Now that I have my stairlift, I can go on the other half of my house, so that’s really nice. Also now, I’m moving stuff around and getting stuff upstairs that I would like to have stored downstairs, and now I can get it downstairs out of my way, so it’s very nice. And then when I have change of furnace filter something, I don’t have to wait now for somebody to come over and do it for me. I can actually go down and do it myself.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I'm handicapped, I'm 92 years old and I can't walk up and down the steps. My neighbor next door has a stairlift too, but she called other different places. They gave her estimates and they were more expensive. So she called me and she said she thought Bruno was a good choice because it's less expensive than the other makes that they have. On the sales visit, the people who came were very nice and good. They were very knowledgeable and very helpful. The installation team were fast workers. They had the installation done in no time and they showed me how to use the stairlift. I got a straight stairlift and I'm very happy with it. It fits the stairwell fine. I have no problem at all and I like it that way. The quality is very good. I use it often now. I use that and I'm down there in no time at all, and I put my washer on and come back up. It works fine and it's very helpful. My experience with Bruno was perfect.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I needed a stairlift, and I had one already that broke. It was not a Bruno. So, I did my research and decided that what I wanted was Bruno. I read a lot of reviews, did as much investigation as I could, and that appeared to be the best one. It was not the cheapest but it was the best one as far as I could determine. I talked to a couple of Bruno dealers, and I chose the one that I liked the best by the conversation and the questions I asked them, the availability, and the price. And I picked the company that’s been around a while, the most responsive to my questions, and decently priced. They installed the stairlift, and they did it rather well and within the time limits that they had set.

I’d recommend Bruno to a friend. I got a straight stairlift and I really like that I can get from the first floor to the second floor. Having a stairlift has become essential for me to stay in my two-story house. I like it a lot. It’s comfortable, works well, but it does have some shortcomings for me. The footrest is recessed so far back that I have a hard time keeping my feet on it as I’m going up and down the stairs. It is very difficult. We’ve had a lot of health issues come up. My husband’s been doing chemo. He wasn’t using the stairlift until recently when he had a heart attack. We’re both using it a lot. And he doesn't have the same problems with the footrest that I do. Probably because he’s a foot taller than me and his legs are a little longer.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My wife broke her back and she's in extensive rehab. And when she comes back home, I said that she probably would have a very difficult time ascending or descending the stairs. So, I installed a stairlift. We live in Vermont and the only stairlift provider within a 100-mile radius that I could figure out is the Bruno in about 25 miles in Richmond, Vermont. The rep came, showed me what he could do and why this particular model seemed to be appropriate for our needs. He installed two of them - one from the basement to the kitchen and one for the kitchen to upstairs. He did them both in an afternoon and he was efficient and did a very good job.

The stairlifts work well. They go up and down stairs and don’t dump you out. When you get to the top of the stairs, you can swivel and get out easily. And it's important that it faces the opposite wall so you don’t suffer from vertigo and you won't fall out. Also, it seems to be very sturdy. It does what it's supposed to do and as long as it continues to do what it's supposed to do, it'll be fine. I'd recommend Bruno to a friend.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My mother-in-law came to stay with us and she had back surgery. But she’s not completely crippled. She can walk around but the stairs could be a problem with her. She’s 82 years old. So I put a chairlift in for her. She has used it for the last three weeks and she loves it. I think she’s gonna buy one for her house in the Florida Keys. We also got a seatbelt that she did not use, but she’s up and down. She’s sitting up in a chair and she could just step off into the stairs if she wants. It's also very easy to operate for someone who’s not mechanically inclined. She was up and down those stairs before you knew it. The chair is also comfortable. My mother-in-law is not a big woman. She’s small and she fit in there. The chairlift works for her and it works for me. Maybe some of these days I’ll need it too. I don’t know.

I also like the way the Bruno stairlift turned out. If my mother-in-law stood up and lost her balance, she would fall back into the chair. That's the way it is arranged at my particular house. The chairlift also folds up wherever it is, either at the top or the bottom. But there is plenty of room and there's no problem leaving it open at the top or the bottom. I can get by either way. I also like the way the rail is positioned on my steps as opposed to Acorn and all the other ones that are flat. The rail is upright plus if the chair comes to a standstill anywhere on the stairs, it can still charge. The other ones only have their home, where they'd be able to charge, either at the top or the bottom and if they're not home, the battery will run down and the chair won’t be any good.

The Bruno sales representative was great too. He was one of the owners and he took interest here. He’s from the area and we had a lot in common. Plus he did a better job than the other ones. He’s more interested in the things made in the USA and Bruno had a lot more purchase points that got me over to them instead of Acorn. The installer and I are also both veterans and we had a lot in common. He came and put the stairlift in, and he knew what he was doing. We talked, and he gave me all the information I needed and answered all my questions that I needed to ask him. He was very polite and professional. He was a service person also.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My husband is a 100% service-connected disabled and that's how we got the Bruno lift. But we had gotten in an accident where a young lady rear-ended us and tore it up. We were lucky enough that it was just the lift. He didn't have his chair on there. And our insurance company paid for the lift and we had it fixed. We wanted the same thing that he had on the vehicle when we got it. I've seen some of the other lifts and from the ones we've seen, the one that's made up there looks to be the best. The Veterans handled the first one. They had sent it to the Ewell equipment company, who were the ones that put it all. They're very fantastic with veterans too. They really helped in everything.

So I just called and asked them what I needed to do and they told me. They ordered the lift for us and he put on the second one. We went with that rep. I figured he could help me better because he's a dealer and he's done it all for me. And they were very good. The rep is a very good man. He helps veterans as much as possible. He said that Bruno was one of the top deals, and that if you want a good one, that's what you would need to get. So we have a new one now and Bruno is a great lift.

The lift has made my husband to where he can go, get out and do things because he has an electric chair and he rides on the lift. If he wanted to go somewhere, he can get on it and go. You pull it up then it'll lift up. When you let it down, it'll come back. When you get the chair off of there, it'll get off and fold up. I'm hoping my husband would get to use it until he passes on.

Original review: May 11, 2019

The other brand, Acorn, was very expensive. My son-in-law researched and came up with Bruno. There was a lady that came. And listening in a little bit, she seem to really know her stuff. She was very polite, answered the question with no problem and no hesitation. The installation team also came exactly when they said they would and put it in and cleaned up and were done.

The stairlift is too big for my wife. But I had no problem with it at all. I use it more than she does and I love it. It has enough safety features so you feel comfortable, but not so many that you feel you gotta have an engineering degree and a booklet to run it. For what we have here, I'm very satisfied. I'm looking down the stairs here right now. It takes up probably a third of what was the open stairwell before, but it's still more than enough room to get down carrying a laundry basket or coming up with groceries like that, so it's absolutely as compact as it could be for what we wanted.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I have trouble walking the stairs and I have pain in my back. Getting a stairlift was the only way to alleviate pain in walking the steps. My son-in-law did all the work out in getting a stairlift, and then somebody came to see the staircase. The Bruno stairlift is a blessing because I don't have to walk the stairs. It gets me up and down the stairs without any hurting of my back.

The stairwell is kinda narrow and there is space if you keep the chair down for somebody else to walk up. If the chair is up to the sixth step or so, that's kinda narrow there for anybody to walk through. The only thing I thought would be nice if I didn't have to turn that chair on the top. I have to turn it with the handle. It doesn't turn automatically. And then when I get off, I have to turn the chair back to the right position or else, it keeps beeping. If I get off and then be in a hurry, it's gonna beep. The chair has to be turned around to a sitting position that I would get in to start it to work. But when I go up, it is facing a different wall because I am getting off on the landing. Other than that, I'm very satisfied.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have had to get something to get up and down the steps. I'd seen a friend of ours had a Bruno stairlift. I went with Bruno too and I like their service. The sales rep who came was good because of their presentation on their end and their answers when I asked the questions. The installation team was impeccable as well. The stairlift is straight and it's solid and works real good. Plus, I got a three foot way. The stairlift costs too much money but it's worth it.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I couldn't go up the steps and I decided to get a stairlift. My niece picked Bruno for me. The sales visit was very good as well as the personality of the sales rep. I had to get two straight stairlifts and they’re comfortable.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I went to Veteran Affairs and they picked Bruno for me. The rep provided good service during the sales visit and I ended up getting a curved stairlift. It fits good in my stairwell. I like that I don’t have to try to go up the stairs and the ride is smooth. Also, the quality is good and I would give Bruno an A plus.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I couldn’t walk and I couldn’t get up to my bedroom. I decided to buy a stairlift and the VA picked Bruno for me. The sales rep was very thoughtful. He knew what I wanted to do and everything. He had me ride up and down to see if I can get up and down with the stairlift and I was able to. It comes up sideways with me sitting in it and then when I get in it, I can swing the seat around. In my house, the stairs are a little tight but I’m able to do it plus, the chair is comfortable.

The installation went well and the installer did his business. He didn’t hold me up too long as well. I was happy that I could go downstairs and up without being out of breath, or having a terrible time coming up with the rails and stuff that I had. It’s very easy operating the stairlift. I got a control and if the stairlift is down, I can bring it up. If I’m down there, I got another control to bring it down. The quality of the stairlift is fantastic. I still gotta go out the backdoor because I have a little ramp out there but I’m able to do things that I wouldn’t be able to do. I see it as a blessing and the Bruno stairlift has made an impact on my life tremendously. The best thing was to be able to get up and sleep in my own bed because I was sleeping in my dining room to get around. I’m grateful to Bruno and I’m pleased.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have bad knees and shortness of breath because I have AFib. As a result, I was having problems getting up and down the steps. I went to the VA and Bruno was the company that came and looked at my situation. Going with them went really well and the young fellow that installed it did a very good job. He was very knowledgeable and knew what was going on. He even showed me how to take the stairlift up on my first ride. Now, I have a straight stairlift up 13 steps. Overall, it's of good quality. I've been recommending Bruno Independent Living Aids to everybody.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Bruno stairlift works really well. The VA got it for me. During the installation, the crew took the time and patience to show me how to use it. It has been two months now and it has really helped me to get up and down from my basement to the main floor, and I really appreciate it. It's a straight stairlift and I'm satisfied with its quality. It has been a great experience, so far. And I would recommend it.

Original review: April 18, 2019

My dad needed a Bruno stairlift to go up the stairs to his bedroom. The people who did the sales visit were courteous and answered everything. He had the straight one installed and it was a pretty easy process. His favorite part of the stairlift is it makes him able to go up there.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I've been having trouble with my knees and my hips from arthritis, making me need to buy a stairlift. The sales visit went fine, the people who came were most helpful. During the install, the guys demonstrated how to use the stairlift. We have to turn it at the top, but at the bottom, it goes down pass the steps. I like my Bruno stairlift very much.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Bruno was the company that the VA recommended to us and so we bought a vertical platform lift from them. The reps who came to our home were very helpful and even went out of their way to get things expedited. They were absolutely fabulous. Then, the unit's installation went extremely well. My husband is still in the rehab so we haven't used the platform for him but we have already used it a couple of times for a couple of people. It could be a wee bit faster, but it has worked very well so far. I would absolutely recommend Bruno.

Original review: April 15, 2019

My wife is really ill with ovarian cancer stage four and she can hardly walk. Also, I was a military police for 10 years and US Marshal for 30 years. I’ve been through 14 different riots and each time I ended up in the hospital from injuries. So, my legs are in really bad shape. My wife and I are both on walkers or wheelchairs and we can’t go up or down the stairs without excruciating pain. The stairlift that we got from Bruno takes away all that pain, as far as that area of our house goes, and it would give us space that we couldn’t use because of our legs. It's very valuable to us and I wouldn't trade it for gold.

I have this grant from the government that paid for a stairlift and when we bought it, Bruno's manpower here educated us greatly with the knowledge of how we could keep our stairlift working properly. We didn’t know there was so many little things that we could benefit from by using a stairlift. Then there were two men that did a good job in putting it in. Everything seems to be great and the stairlift is a godsent to us.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Company Information