Call toll free
4.86/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bruno is a third-generation family business committed to designing and manufacturing high-quality stairlifts and other products to help people with mobility challenges retain their independence. Bruno stairlifts are manufactured exclusively in Wisconsin, United States.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

709 Bruno Independent Living Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My husband has become a little bit unstable the last few months. So, the VA had him do different things like standing, turning around, and also, getting him and out of a bath tub. It was physical therapy and he kinda didn’t make the grade. So, they had us put in the Bruno stairlift out into the garage. We are really pleased with it. Everyone that has seen it and seen it operate says it’s fantastic.

The people who installed it were fantastic. It was a brother team. The older brother came out for the initial visit, and then he sent his younger brother and a helper to install it. They explained everything and they acted as if we were family rather than just a number. I recommend them highly. We were also concerned about the brick, and they were amazing. They told us that if we have the stairlift taken out, it will not even be evident. Our stairlift has a couple of safety features I’m proud of. It will beep until it’s done completely as it’s supposed to be. If someone ever needs this help, we would recommend they call Bruno and request that they do the stairlift.

Get expert buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My wife has Guillain-Barré syndrome so she’s not able to go up and down the stairs. She can walk with a walker but she needs help going up and down the stairs. For her, the Bruno stairlifts are indispensable. We got four straight ones and they're very helpful. Our stairways are a little bit narrow though, so it's hard to walk past the stairlifts. But that’s just the way our stairwells are. Otherwise, the stairlifts seem to work very efficiently. Initially, I looked stairlifts up on the web and Bruno had very good recommendations. The company we used, Access Elevator, strongly recommended Bruno also. Then the people who came for the sales visit were also very helpful in explaining the situation. They detailed exactly what they would do and what they would install, and they answered all the questions we had.

There were four guys who came out for the installation and they worked efficiently without any breaks. They got all four of the stairlifts put in very easily in about six hours. It worked out fine. But after the stairlifts were in for a couple of days, one of the red lights on a unit was blinking and it wasn’t clear in the manual what that was. It is a minor thing but it would’ve been helpful if the manual had been a little more explanatory. But we called them and they came out. Apparently, a plug into one of the machines was disconnected. Nonetheless, the Bruno stairlift seems like an excellent product and it's a lifetime guarantee. That makes the purchase a no-brainer. The cost was reasonable too.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My daughter is handicapped and she needs some kind of a lift to get up and down the stairs. I did a little bit of comparison and I found that Bruno has a good reputation. Plus, I have a salesman right here in my area. I went over and talked with him and found out what I needed to know, relative to what kind of service I could expect. Also, we were able to come up with a good price and Bruno is made in the USA.

I felt comfortable with Bruno's representatives. I felt that I could count on them if we need service with the product. The installation process was great. The installers were a couple of young men, and they came in very quietly and professionally. They did the job and cleaned up after themselves. While they were here, we talked and discussed the product itself and they sounded very knowledgeable. The young man who was in charge of the installation sounded very responsible, and he gave me his card if we want to call if there is a problem. I felt very comfortable with everything. We're very satisfied with our stairlift. It does everything we wanted to do. I'd recommend Bruno to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I was falling down the stairs a lot, so I wanted to get a stairlift here and I liked Bruno. I talked to the sales reps a little bit and purchased a curved stairlift. It has made my life better and I like it.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My husband wasn’t having an easy time getting up the stairs. When he got up to the top of the stairs, it was hard for him to step to the floor. He could have fallen so I decided we needed a stairlift. One of our neighbors had bought one from Bruno’s and the place was right here. So we dealt with them. It was convenient. I asked for the thing and they delivered it. The men who were here explained everything and were very nice. They have different stairlifts and they told me which unit would work well for me. It was $3,400. It was not the most expensive but it was not the cheapest either. The quality is good though.

Installing it took a little over an hour. There were two of them and it wasn't long. The cellar stairs are straight then when you get to the top, you have to turn the stairlift around so you can step off into the kitchen. After you get out, you have to turn it back so that it stops beeping. So far, the stairlift is working and it seems good. I would recommend Bruno.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have 25 steps to climb to get to my apartment. I was also a hairdresser and had a knee that I pump the chair up and down with for 55 years. I wanted to give my knee a break and that was why I bought the Bruno Stairlift. They are the one that is closest to us. And everyone was friendly and kind. I had good service and the people that put the indoor straight stairlift explained everything. They were also clean and professional. I showed my stairlift to someone and told them I was very happy with the one I chose. They were gonna get one from the same people and I told them that they would be happier with an upgrade.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I’m almost 82 years old and I can’t walk up and down stairs, so I got a straight stair lift from Bruno. The guy that came here to nistallt the thing was good. When it started down, it had a little rumble in it. We talked to the people, they sent another one over, and now it works pretty well. I like my stair lift.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My companion has a hip problem and he’s not able to climb the stairs. We initially buy our home aids from the local co-op home care center and the Bruno stairlift was recommended by the service people there. We had excellent interactions during the sales visit. The man who came initially explained everything, measured the stairs, and the service was very quick. We had the stairlift installed within 10 days. The person who installed it gave a demonstration and showed how to use it, so we were very happy. He was very professional too.

We got a straight stairlift and it fits perfectly within the stairwell. If we were able to move, it can be easily removed and the stairs can be returned to the way it was, so we’re quite happy with that as well. The stairlift is functional and very good. We're very happy with the pricing and the quality. Now, my partner is at least able to get up and down the stairs. So if you're thinking about a stairlift, I would strongly recommend getting a Bruno.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have arthritis in my back and I was having a hard time walking up the steps. I needed to get a stairlift to help me get upstairs. Bruno stairlift sounded reasonable to me when I inquired about it. The Bruno reps and I got along well and I was pleased with their work. The installation of the stairlift didn't take very long to put in. We have the straight stairlift and it was working well right away from the start. I'm happy with its quality and it is very safe. I would be glad to recommend them to anybody else. I'm pleased with Bruno and my family is also pleased that I chose them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I had a spinal surgery back in August and it’s gonna be about eight months from then before I would be able to navigate a set of stairs easily. Unfortunately, there’s no way to get to the main level in my house without going up into the stairs. So we knew, going into it, that we were gonna have to make some concession. We didn’t know exactly what we were gonna do so we had one vendor come out and look. The staircase in my house is odd as well since it’s very steep and narrow. The first guy who came out and looked at it said he didn’t believe it would be possible so we put that decision aside. A friend of mine, who's got MS and has been slowly degrading over time, had a stairlift put in in her townhouse a couple months ago and she suggested we call the folks from Access Ability. They came out, looked at it, and said that they thought they could do it, so we went forward.

Hayden, who I believe is one of the co-owners of Access Ability, did some measurements, took photographs, and made some basic sketches. We discussed what would have to happen and what would be done. Because of the nature of how my stairwell is built, we ended up having to go with a rail that had a fold-up extension at the end. We discussed the advantages of that as well as the option of a manual folding or an automatic folding rail, and we also talked about what the price range would potentially be. He said that he would get the information over to the interviewers at Bruno, and they would get back with him about what kind of equipment we need and give a set of instructions.

After about a week, Hayden had some difficulty. It was right in the middle of a hurricane coming through and since they do in-home elevators, they had some homes here that had gotten flooded and damaged elevators, so he was busy. But once he got the information up to Bruno, the interviewers came back and they didn’t believe that it was possible. They said that they didn’t think that it would work, given what he sent them. He passed that information along to us and it was discouraging reading the email. When we read the email, we realized that he had made assumptions that were incorrect. He thought we had wanted the lift rail to be on one side of the stairwell but we actually wanted it on the other side. The rail blocks off the access to one of the rooms in our house, but it doesn’t matter if we go in that room.

I ran Hayden back and asked if he could come out so we can talk about it again because we were talking about two different things. He came out, we talked about it again, and I pointed out what he said. So he went back in and gained some updated information. About two days later, he contacted me and said that they had all the mechanical drawings back. They required a deposit before they ordered the equipment from Bruno, so we sent over a check. It was 10 days from the day we sent the check until the day the stairlift was installed, and it was very quick.

Access Ability came out and got the stairlift installed. They got here about 9:00 or 10:00 o’clock that morning and then left around 4:00. It was a little more difficult than they had anticipated. They had a couple of places where they had to back up and make a little change here and there. Hayden has been very professional and knowledgeable about how the things would work and being able to look at the problem and extrapolate the equipment onto the problem. During the installation, there was something he didn’t feel was quite right and he couldn’t figure out how the engineers had intended for it to work. He was able to take his phone and call directly to the engineering department at Bruno, speak with one of the engineers directly right then, and worked through the problem. He took a picture and sent it to the guy. The engineering department assisted and was involved in coming up with a solution for the unique problem we had.

Hayden had immediate access to the person or persons that he needed to talk to in order to fix the problem right then and that is not something that happens every day. Bruno supported and followed through where so many companies don’t have these days. That is unique and impressive because otherwise, the installers had to ditch and then come back the next day. Of course, one more day is not another big deal but it certainly was much more satisfying to have the installation all done in one day. It even makes me confident that if I ever have a problem down the road and even if Hayden is not involved or they’ve gone out of business, Bruno would be able to support that person or me in doing whatever I needed doing.

In the end, the Bruno lift works great and it does exactly what I need it to do. I’m very happy with it. It can survive a lot of stuff and seems to be a very well-made and precision piece of equipment. I knew the majority of what we were talking about on it since I once had a job with a company that does wheelchair and medical equipment repair. The only thing that I wasn’t expecting was the folding rail stuff as I had never seen that before. When I fold down the part of the rail, I expected that there would be a big clunk but there isn't. It’s like a little thing where I barely feel it.

What's more, it’s amazing how the other people who came out were convinced that a stairlift wasn’t gonna work just because our stairwell is extremely steep and narrow, and they didn’t think they would be able to get adequate support for it. But the Bruno feels as stable as anything. I’m a big guy, about 340 pounds, and I don’t feel like it moves or shifts,or has any chance of doing anything at all when I’m going up and down it.

Having the stairlift has been a huge mental boost. My bedroom, my office, the kitchen, the primary living area is all upstairs. When I came home from the hospital, we put a bed in a spare room that has a full bath attached to it downstairs. My wife was bringing down everything I needed and it was really frustrating to live there for a month. Now, it's been a huge advantage to be back at the part of the house where we normally live. I came in a wheelchair after surgery and rehabilitation, and I’m getting better and improving dexterity every day. I’m using a cane to get around mostly but I still have a long way to go. It would be hard to go up the steps if I really tried. It would be dangerous and stupid. To have the freedom to get that big block out of the way allowed me to focus on some of the other things I needed to do rather than to sit, drool, and mope in the thought of being stuck in one room.

The Bruno lift also costs a lot less than some of the other options we got. We've had people come out and talk about putting in an external wheelchair lift that comes out into our back deck, or putting in a ramp. We were looking at 10 or $12,000 for those options but the Bruno came in under $6,000. Overall, Bruno does some stuff that has a dramatic impact on people’s lives. Because of that, they know where they need to be and they make sure that they’re gonna be that way. You can be confident that if things are put in, things are gonna be put in right and they’re gonna work right.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have severe arthritis and it's hard for me to climb the steps. I submitted an application to get a stairlift and it was approved. A Bruno rep came to let me know that I would be getting a stairlift. Then he measured my steps to make sure that the installer would be able to put the stairlift in and he told me what he was doing. When the installer came, he was very professional and knew what he was doing. He took very good pride in his work. He's very helpful in explaining to me how to use the stairlift and how to care for it. Also, he told me that if I had any problems, I could call them and they would come back and see what was wrong, but so far I haven't had any problems. The overall quality of my stairlift is excellent and it has been a big help. Bruno Stairlifts is a good company and they have good quality equipment. People need to look into them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We had a third stairlift installed by Androscoggin Lift and they carried Bruno. My husband has Parkinson's so we had it installed. The installers were excellent. They came and installed it in a day. It goes straight up and then you turn it. I don't know if it's as stable as the other ones that I have in the house, but I'm comparing and I'm assuming that it's gonna be good enough. If not, then I'll have good service to take care of it. It's working well and serving its purpose, though. The living room is on the first floor and it takes him up to go to bed and brings him back down in the morning. I'd recommend Bruno.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We need a stairlift for my mom and after doing our research, we found Bruno to be the best. I called Kelly and they gave me outstanding service. I opted for two straight stairlifts instead of a curved one considering that it would be double the price to get the curved one installed. It’s ridiculous. I’ve never seen pricing so different when you have to just create one curve from that standpoint and to join two straight ones. So, I was very, very surprised and disappointed with Bruno on that.

Bruno's stairlift is well-ranked and is of very reputable quality. Once installed however, it protruded a little bit more than I thought. I had baseboards and I had to install the stairlift at that side against the wall. The installation could’ve been done better by taking out the baseboard and putting against the wall, because that’s two inches that we lost in the stairway. Otherwise, we had a very good experience dealing with the installation team. Overall, we had a good experience with this company and the people that are representing them up in Cedar Park are outstanding.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My wife can’t walk and I have to walk her to the bathroom and I’m holding her. I can also take her down the stairs, but I won’t be able to bring her back up ‘cause if she starts to fall backward, there’s no way I can stop her. Also, I’ve been having problems myself. A ramp was gonna be put in all the way to the front end of my lawn and then come right back to the driveway. The fellow, that got the measurements on it, suggested putting a stairlift there instead. He said that it would be easier and a whole lot cheaper than the way they were gonna do it. But I told him that it needed a canopy there because it would be no good if it starts snowing. The snow is gonna get on my porch and the steps and it’s gonna have a mess there. He then said that he would mention that to the company.

The one who did the installation said that the fellow never mentioned anything about the canopy. They also never came into the house and ask my wife to try it out. We had to figure it out ourselves on how to get in and out of the stairlift. I also noticed that they never gave the remote control to us. Other than that, the installation went okay. And we’re very happy with the Bruno Stairlift.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I had my leg removed and I needed a stairlift. A buddy of mine had a Bruno stairlift and I was gonna buy his. His was 12 years old. After talking to Bruce up there, for a couple hundred dollars more, he said I should get a refurbished one. Plus, this was one that the chair you could leave anywhere, and it wouldn’t lose its charge. As compared to the one I was gonna buy, it had to be all the way at the top and all the way at the bottom. So, that seemed like a plus. Also, it wasn’t that much more money to get a refurbished one.

The sales visit was very good. I talked to Bruce on the phone and then I went up and met with him. He led me the right way. He said I’d be a dummy if I didn’t do it like that, and he was right. I was trying to save a couple bucks here and it would have cost me. I didn’t have a guarantee with the one I was gonna buy and it needed batteries. So, he did the right thing for me, showed me in the right direction, and was very helpful. The guys who did the installation were great and professional. They came in and they did a very good job. I couldn’t keep my mouth shut, so I don’t know if I was distracting them or not, but we were cracking jokes. It was a fun experience. We got the job done and everything went fine.

I love everything about my stairlift and I like that I don’t have to walk up the stairs anymore especially with one leg now. We have a long set of stairs. I also really like that with my Bruno stairlift, I don’t have to be all the way to the top and all the way to the bottom. Bruno is a good lift. And the guy, Bruce, you could trust him, he’s a straight shooter. Everything was great. It was a totally good experience.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Louise and her husband have three staircases and they need to use them but one of them cannot walk up and down. They phoned 101 Mobility and the rep came over. They decided to get three different chairlifts and had two different appointments for the installation. The installers put two of the chairlifts on the first day and the third one after two weeks. After the installation, they showed us what to do with the stairlift. Louise and her husband like the lifts very much which really help them in going up and down the staircase and they're safer too. They have been happy about their experience and have recommended Bruno to one of their friends.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have osteoarthritis in my knees and I got Type 2 diabetes so my nerves are bad and my feet are numb. To go up and down the steps is really hard for me and painful. The VA purchased Bruno for me and Bruno's reps were prompt. When they were installing the stairlift, my brother was there watching. He was talking through them and they were polite. They installed it quickly. The stairlift goes from the main floor down to the basement and it works fine. I like the safety features and I like the smoothness of the ride. It's easy to get in and out of with or without a swivel seat on it and it has made it easier for me to get up and down.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I live in a two-story house and it’s necessary for me to go up and down the stairs, but I’ve had too many falls going up and down it. When I saw a stairlift advertised on TV, I thought about getting one. My daughter also thought that I should, so I did. I had Bruno's product explained to me by the manager of the company here in Pennsylvania, and I liked what he said and what I saw in a video. Then, two people did the installation and they were only here about a couple of hours. It went fast. They demonstrated it, let me ride it so I could get familiar with it, and they were really nice. I liked the service as well as the stairlift and if anybody needs and wants one, I would highly recommend Bruno. Since I got it, I don’t have to walk up and down the stairs and I haven't had any falls.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My husband was paralyzed from the neck down five years ago and he spent time at the VA and had a surgery that fixed him. But he's getting older now, and we wanna be prepared if it happens again. So, we got a stairlift. The VA sent Bruno to us. The Bruno reps were all awesome. The two young men that came for the installation were total professionals but nice at the same time. They came in, checked what they did, and they double-checked what they did. They made sure everything was perfect and that the inspector came on the same day. Everything worked like a smooth oiled machine.

We got a straight stairlift because we had a landing that we took out five years ago. They were supposed to put it in at that time, but then since my husband was walking and managed to get upstairs, we didn’t feel we needed it at that time. Our Bruno stairlift is awesome and we're grateful to have it. The quality is absolutely phenomenal, and we like everything about it. We enjoy the comfort it gives us knowing that we can get upstairs without a problem. It's a very good experience because it gives us our independence.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I’m satisfied with my Bruno stair lift. I purchased it because of my health. I got their number through my neighbor who had one. I got a straight, indoor stair lift that goes all the way up to the nearest bedroom. I like it and it gets the job done for me.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I got a stairlift from Medical Resources about 10 years ago. But it went bad and when we realized that it probably was just the battery, we called Medical Resources to find out if they could fix it. They don’t do those anymore but they gave us a phone number to call. That was how we got to MediEquip. When we went there, the salesman explained everything and was nice. But all MediEquip had were two Bruno stairlifts – the one I purchased and another one, which was $400 more. But it was just a bigger seat.

The installation was great though. They had to take my chairlift out and put the Bruno stairlift in, and they did it fast. They got here at about 8:00 in the morning and were here for about five hours, until 1:00 that afternoon. The only thing that I don't like about this Bruno stairlift is that the chair and the footrest are not as big. But it’s okay. I just don’t feel as comfortable but I would just have to get used to it. What the salesman said was right too. I’m really only on it for about 20 seconds. And I do need it to go down the basement. I would still recommend Bruno to others.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My experience in dealing with the Bruno sales rep was good. I didn't have a lot of time and I asked specific questions. He cut to the chase, told me what I needed to know and showed me what I asked. The price was also good. I didn’t have time to talk for it and it fit my budget so I just went for it. I got a straight stairlift and it's good even though the spot is small. The installation team was very good too. I needed to be out and they were quick. They made it happen in a short period of time so I could get out and be on my way. The whole experience has been good so far and the stairlift has helped out quite a bit. I wouldn’t have been able to get up and down the steps myself but now, I don't have to go to the laundromat. My husband had a stroke and is a bit handicapped, and he's been using the stairlift as well. Everything works good and I’d recommend Bruno.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I went online and Bruno was 5 stars but they're one of the most expensive. There was another company that was $1,000 less than Bruno but the product was made in England. Bruno's factories are in the United States so we chose Bruno. But they did a terrible job during the installation. They started five inches away from the wall, on the bottom of the stairs, going up on top. It was not parallel to the wall. My wife was going up the stairs and her legs were hitting the rail on the opposite side. So, I had to call Bruno and they had to come back in. They had to make 15 new holes and those old holes are visible. Other than that, the stairlift is excellent quality. It's heavy duty and very nice. We're very happy with the quality of the product from the manufacturer and having Bruno has made life easy.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Unfortunately, in April, my 21-year-old daughter rolled her jeep and broke her back, and she is now paralyzed from the sternum down. We decided to get a stairlift. We liked that Bruno was very easy to work with and they did what they could to meet my needs. We liked their salesman, too. He went through all the components. He showed me different options. He kinda leaned towards the Bruno model. He said he has very little issues with those, and he did a good sales job. My wife had nothing but compliments for the guys who did the installation. They were well-mannered, nice, didn’t leave a mess, and did what they said they were gonna do.

We got a straight stairlift and it fits well in the stairwell. The quality is good. We haven’t had any issues with it, and my daughter uses it multiple times a day. Without the stairlift, we would’ve had to make more decisions and spent a lot more money out of pocket in trying to accommodate her needs. We would recommend Bruno. It has a good value for the product. It would be worth giving it a shot and looking at it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My husband has trouble climbing steps, so we purchased a stairlift. They sent people to bid on it and the Veterans Organization selected the one that they wanted to use, which was Bruno. Bruno’s customer service people were good. If you had any question, they answered. They came out and see where it was going to be, and got measurements that they needed to perform the service. The installation process was professionally done. They did a good job. They had to come back and redo something ‘cause it wasn’t working. They were very friendly, and they took their time and did their job. It took me a week or so to get used to it, but having the stair lift is convenient. It is easy for my husband and me to go up and down the steps. You can push the button and send the laundry upstairs and send it back downstairs. It is a worthwhile project.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My wife has COPD. Bruno is a good stairlift based on everything we read and what other people talked about. I was comfortable with it. The installation of our straight-run one went very good and I would hire the tech who did it if I was in business. He showed my wife and me how it works. The product fits very well in the stairwell, and the stairs are still accessible. It has helped her. It is well worth it and it is a good machine. I will give it a triple-A.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We have days when the sre3000 beeps and find it difficult to cure. It is especially aggravating when you are trying to sleep. Occasionally there are days when it does not beep. I completed all the checklists to fix, none worked. The service people are unable to find the source of the problem. At this point I can not recommend Bruno stairlifts. I have no choice but to replace it with a different brand.

Bruno Independent Living Aids response

Thank you for making us aware of the issue. We appreciate the extra details you were able to provide via phone and we are currently working with a local authorized Bruno dealer to fix the issue. The SRE 3000 is our most popular stairlift and highly reliable, so we are committed to getting this resolved for you.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I'm a disabled veteran and VA set me up with Bruno. Two young ladies visited and did all the measurements. Then the installation was done three weeks after they submitted the paperwork. Most of that length of time would be the VA making decisions though. The installers were professional and did what they had to do. They said what they were doing and they did it.

After the installation, the gentleman showed me how everything worked. Some of the screws buckled sometimes, but the technician had been back here already. He got it and it had stopped. They told me to call them back if there are any problems with the stairlift again. I feel very good about the stairlift. It is very convenient to use and it does me a great help. I have arthritis in my joints and I've had surgeries. Using it is the only way I can really get up the stairs now. It's easy to travel up and down with it.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I was in a bad accident 20 years ago and I've been thinking about getting a stairlift for four years. I tried to go with one but the insurance company said they had two outfits, Bruno and somebody else. I let them pick. I've seen the brochures and they were mostly the same anyway. A guy from Bruno came, did measurements and he sent it to the factory. He told me it could take up to two months but it took only six weeks. I had the curved, indoor stairlift installed and it runs great. When they installed it, they were here for four hours. There are a couple of areas where it goes bang and as you go around the corner, it does it again. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. Still, the quality is fantastic and it's not taking me five to ten minutes to get upstairs. It takes me 24 seconds. It's quicker going upstairs than it takes to go downstairs.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We enjoy our Bruno stairlift very much. We’re getting to that stage of the game where we’re getting too old to climb up and down those stairs all the time. We thought that Bruno was better than the other one we were looking at. And we got a little more space with the track going up and down instead of sideways. We went down to the store and bought a straight stairlift. The salesperson who helped us was very convenient. Also, the installation went fine. The regular installer had somebody that was learning how, and they had done very well. They were very good and we had a ride after they were done putting the stairlift in. My son built the house and he made the stairs a little wider than normal. So, the stairlift is working great. Its quality is very good, too. Buy one. They’re well worth it.

Bruno Independent Living Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Bruno is a premier American stairlift manufacturer dedicated to helping people with limited mobility easily access all levels of their home. Family-owned Bruno, offers indoor and outdoor, straight and custom-curve stairlift that fit every staircase, lifestyle and budget.

• Made in USA: All Bruno stairlifts are engineered and manufactured in Wisconsin, USA.

• Vertical rail design: Bruno’s exclusive vertical rail design enables the stairlift to be installed close to the wall, leaving maximum open space on steps.

• Covered gear rack: Bruno’s covered gear rack gives each stair lift a sleek, clean appearance. It also protects the rack from damage and keeps grandchildren and pets from catching on it.

• Straight or Custom Curved: In addition to Bruno’s popular straight stairlift, Bruno’s curved stair lifts are custom crafted for an exact fit to your staircase.

• High-capacity lift choices: Bruno’s stair lifts feature lift capacities up to 400 pounds.

• Five-year limited warranty: The stairlift motor, rail and gearbox are under Bruno warranty for five years; parts are covered for two years.

• Best for: people with limited mobility due to age or chronic condition.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Company Information