3.83/5
  • 1 star
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good stair lift company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 25, 2017

12 Bruno Independent Living Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

We had the Bruno Turny Seat installed for our handicapped daughter. As long as it works the seat was nice and convenient, but once you had problems, you are at the mercy of Bruno. First of all the authorized dealers are few and far apart. The small pendant - the small device with two buttons to control the seat - costs over $400 (according to Wheelchair Get Away in Bethel, Connecticut) plus another $350 in labor to diagnose and fix it. It took a week from ordering the part to receiving it by the dealer. Can you imagine if you are traveling far away from home? The small motor of the seat costs another $1000, and the news is that Bruno will not have parts for the 6-year old seat anymore. Bruno really tries to squeeze every penny out of the disabled or their family. It is a family business run by a greedy family.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We received a joey lift from a friend of ours. He couldn't find anyone to install his lift so he gave it up. I spent hours trying to find the bracket for the lift to install in our van. I called Bruno directly. They sent me to various dealers all hours away. I call each of these dealer, with the closest one being 4 and half hours away and asked what they could do. Only thing they could do was offer to install the lift themselves. There is no way we are driving four hours one way to their shop, waiting four hours for them to install the lift, and then four hours back, while being charged 500 dollars. That is completely ridiculous when my dad is a mechanic and can figure out how to install a bracket or secure the lift inside the van.

I called and tried to find someone who could send us parts, no one called my back. I called Bruno directly again with them just trying to find me a local dealer. We don't have a local dealer! I waited a day and talked it over with the family. I called again today and got a hold of a place that was willing to send me the part for a small fee of 440 and 35 dollars shipping. Either way they wanted 500 dollars from me. We aren't sure what we are going to do, as no one understandably wants to buy these lifts. We now know why our friend purchased a scooter ramp instead of installing this lift. I seriously hope Bruno gets better customer service. Elissa and Dave on the phone y'all were worthless.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

The safety is very safe for my families. I received it a few days ago and I totally love it. The adjustment is very recommended to any and everyone. I totally agree with the adjustments to this requires for this specific tool, and definitely recommended this to family and friends also. The swivel ability is perfect in my case. I am so surprised with this action. I never knew it would work so perfect. I'm totally in love with it. The value is really worth paying for. I would definitely give the value a A-plus because it's perfect for value.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

It's a dependable American made stairlift. It has a swivel seat with height adjustments which makes it very easy to get on and off of. It has a soft smooth ride from start to finish. It also has a armrest rocker switch for easy operation. And a safety belt and obstruction sensor. And onboard audio diagnostics to help if something goes wrong. Adjustability is just wonderful. With a swivel seat and height adjustment makes it very enjoyable. It also has flip up arms and footrest. The swivel feature make it very nice to get comfortable and makes it very safe to use. If you want the safest and easiest stairlift to use for your money. Then look no further. Well worth the price. You get what you pay for with this stairlift. The best on the market. Other lifts may cost less. But you're not getting the best that you could.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

The latches and straps are very secure. The lift up and down is generally very smooth. Every once in a while, it feels like it kind of skips a little bit, but it's not enough to do any damage. The adjustability of it is amazing. It's very easy to do and it's also very quick to make any of the adjustments you may need to do. Moving from one position to another is very smooth. Even someone that is kind of frail can make the adjustments with ease. If you're looking for a stair lift with extremely smooth swivel ability, then this is the one for you. It almost feels as if you're floating on air. This stair lift in my opinion is a very good value. The price is very reasonable for what you get. The swivel is very light and the ride itself is smooth except for the occasional bump. Even the bumps aren't bad though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

It was safe, and it was ok when you used it and rode on it. You didn't feel like you were going to fall or get hurt in any kind of way, you knew you would make it up or down safely. It could have been a little better on the adjustment part cause, it worked ok but it was a little limited on what it would let you do, other than it was ok. It was very good for the money, there was a couple things that could be fixed or have been a little better but overall it was very good, we loved it and my mom loved it and she used it most as she has issues with her legs.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Goes up and down, slow and fast. Very easy to use. Even a young child can use it. No problems so far. Easy and fast installed. Within hours was in and usable. Easy controls. Very happy so far. I love this so far. The chair easy to move around. Even has a backup when the electric goes out. It is a great investment for a handicapped person. You could even get it uninstalled to a new home if you need it to. One of the best I had, and I had one that broke down one time every other month.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Very safe, never had any problems with this. Most safe I ever felt better than most, not too loud, smooth, good on gas, just all around safe good for me. Very adjustable, easy to do, I can do this with no help, easy very, it goes to the front back side, side to side, just great to use. I love it very much. It got very good ability. It's goes side to side. I love the cost on this. It worth every dime. Best value I seen this far number 1 cost. I'll buy another if I had to, just that reasonable, lowest cost I seen anywhere. Never buy another brand. Best brand ever.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The safety features are very helpful and very understandable when I really needed help. I would totally recommend this company. They are very helpful. Its adjustability is very stable and very easy to get used to and understand. I am very satisfied with business I had with this company. No complications when you need help. Very easy to tell you. Fast and straightforward on what you need to do and how fast the process is going to be. Overall they're very good to work with except the fact that you have to fill out some paperwork but that won't take too long. The perceived value the company prevails itself is very normal. Nothing too extra or not enough to get your attention. Never leaving the site confused and not knowing if anyone can help you there.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

It is very safe to use. It's easy to set up and kids can not get hurt on it and also it can go outside or inside and can be out in the garage. It can go up, down, side to side and it can go vertical and horizon. It is really great. Anyone in your family can use it even the teenagers. It can swivel all the way around. It is just awesome. I love it so much. My mom has two of them and my aunt has one. It is derive valuable cost efficiency and you can get it at many different stores and for cheap so don't wait. Go get one right now. You will use it for a long time I promise. Also it's easy to put away and easy to travel with.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

It great for me and my problems that I have to get where I'm at. Everything I do is to get better and the chair helps me out every time I really want it. It's very helpful for my needs. It the most beautiful thing in the world and it help me when I need it everyday and toward the future of the day before my alarm goes off in the world. It moves like nothing I ever seen before and I really enjoy it while I move up and down to get where I need to go. The value of the product is a good thing and I really want some more of this with a good records and works perfectly because of my needs and wants. It's so good to me and my need to get around the house.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Most amazing most fabulous most incredible product ever. Very cautious, very safe. Very much top of the line product out there. Highly recommended. Can adjust very easily. Is very flexible and easy to manage. The product comes with written and very visual descriptions so it is very easy to handle. Not too sure on the swivel ability but everything is pretty much self explanatory. Anyone who can follow simple instructions can and would be able to figure it out. The value of this product is very reasonable. You would think it was worth more than it actually is because it seems so rich because of the appearance. But that just makes it all more worth it and why I chose to use this product in the first place.

Bruno Independent Living Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Bruno has been known as a leader in providing accessibility aids and helping seniors live more independently since 1984. Along with stairlifts, they offer platform lifts and vehicle lifts.

• Their products have patented swivel technology: All of Bruno's products use patented swivel technology to ensure users can get in and out of seats easily.

• The stairlift has continuous charging: The device charges continuously while on the rail and is battery operated so that it can function during power outages.

• They offer customized rail appearance: Users can get the rail painted or otherwise decorated so that it blends into stairs and does not interfere with the aesthetics of the room.

• There is a five-year warranty on major components: Users will be able to get the device serviced for no additional charge for five years, with an additional warranty on minor parts for the first two years.

• Safety features: Because they are dedicated to safety, every device is equipped with a seat belt and safety sensors to ensure users' safety during rides up and down the steps.

• Best for: people who can’t walk, people with limited mobility and people with a heart or lung condition.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Company Information