Call toll free
4.90/5
Based on 427 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bruno is a third-generation family business committed to designing and manufacturing high-quality stairlifts and other products to help people with mobility challenges retain their independence. Bruno stairlifts are manufactured exclusively in Wisconsin, United States.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

438 Bruno Independent Living Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have arthritis really bad and a beautician recommended Bruno. She said she knew people that had experience with them and it was very good. A female sales agent came out and talked to me. She was very nice and explained everything. She told me what was gonna happen when they come and put in the stairlift. She was very knowledgeable and after two days, the guys came out and installed it. It was very good interacting with everybody and they have been very helpful. The installers were professional because after they got through everything, they cleaned up.

At first, I said I have steel but my right leg. I have a problem going up and down the steps but I just did everything. I enjoyed it and then sometimes, I forget that I have it and I go walking up the steps. And then I would tell myself no and it was why I got the stairlift. I like it and it’s very good. The quality in relation to the cost was a blast because they were very expensive but it has helped my life. I can go up and down the steps. I stopped halfway before I got the stairlift but now, I could go down to my basement and come back up. Bruno is trustworthy, do very good work and I would give them a good recommendation.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 13, 2018

Bruno gives better service and we are satisfied because I had to get my own electrician then and now, they have one. Everything was done properly and we like it. I couldn’t go down the stairs and I have a terrible walk but now, I am more active and we enjoy the stairlift. The salesperson explained the plan and everything we wanted to know including how to use it and we love it. The installer was a nice guy and he worked perfectly. I used to go to the basement backwards and I had a hard time while in the stairs going up and down. The stairlift helped me and we should have asked for this years ago. I recommend it to whoever wants it. This is the best thing in their house to have. The quality is lovely and everything is good.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have aged parents living in a two-level house. So I purchased a stairlift for the needs and safety of my parents going up and down the stairs. I checked out four stairlift providers and the reviews on Bruno were very good and their cost was in line with the industry standards. So we had someone come out who told us about Bruno's products, their warranties, and their service. We asked for an estimate and they provided us a price with options and we agreed to that. There was a little bit of misunderstanding going back and forth as far as whether the company can finance it or whether we had to get a loan financing, but we worked it out. And otherwise, the customer service was excellent.

We got a curved stairlift installed, and the installers were very quick and efficient. They did everything in one day and it was up and running. And the use of the chair and the looks of it goes perfectly with the coloring in our room, so it’s a high-quality one. And when I did a service call, Bruno was able to schedule it and come out and fix it right away. The stairlift has a major impact on our lives. I wouldn’t have been able to buy the house that I bought if it wasn’t for consideration of installing the stairlift. I would have had to have looked for a single-level home and to sustain a multi-generational family, it’s kind of hard to find reasonably cost one-level with enough separation to where you’re not right next door to each other. So, the stairlift provided a solution to our family.

Bruno's cost is reasonable. If it’s a single-directional, one-level stairlift, it would be a lot less expensive, but when you have turns in it, it’s going to be customized to fit your stairs. And I’ve done my research on the cost of these things and there are several out there on the market. I checked some blogs and it was hands-down that I would go with Bruno. And I would highly recommend them for anybody else looking to install a stairlift.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Neither one of them in the household couldn’t climb the stairs, they both have MS and my daughter was sliding up and down the stairs so they bump. And then, I finally talked her into a stairlift. I have Acorn and it works but it hasn’t been serviced good even though I paid for the five-year service agreement so we ordered it from Bruno which was also a little bit cheaper. We went to their location and we were there every day. For days and days, we had scooters and all kinds of stuff so that was good interaction.

The stairlift is well used and the cost was excellent against its quality. It’s a good product but my daughter is 5 foot nothing and she has trouble getting on the chair because it’s too high and it can’t be lowered anymore. We understand but they need to make it so it goes lower. Also, they only got a button on one armrest. They need to put one on the other armrest as well because some days, that hand for her doesn’t work. I know it’s gonna add to the cost to do that but as far as her experience that I’ve seen, she could use the button on the other arm as well.

My daughter was the first one to get one in our town so it’s a new thing for Bruno and the reps have been very helpful keeping it running. The installation team was having trouble with it for a while. It started to beep for no reason and they came out. They even had to replace some parts and pieces. But it all worked out and things are running smoothly now.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My mother-in-law passed away recently so I had my father-in-law moved in with us. He is getting up in age and his ankles don’t work really well. He’s staying in a little apartment we have in the basement and I told him we were putting a stairlift in for him. We did some shopping around and Bruno was made in the USA and it was local. The dealer was only 45 minutes from where we live. The local provider put it in within a week and they had a really nice personnel that we talked with. He answered certain questions about them and he told me what the stairlift was. We had the straight stairlift from them and we didn’t even need the little lift tail underneath it. We just had it stop at the bottom of the stairs which works out good.

However, I couldn’t understand why the curved stairlift has to be drastically increased in price. I understand that they gotta have that matched just right and the little piece of the track had to be curved. But they go from a little over $3,000 to $12,000 to put a curved stairlift. I thought that was a little extreme. I had a little cut-out tool that will work on the hardened track and it didn’t look it would be six times more expensive than what this one could have. And I understand it has a lot more intricate parts on it, but I was just a little disappointed that it cost that much because we have one step at the bottom. We could have turned and curved and come down on it. But I was gonna do that for $11,000, and I wasn’t gonna do that when I can put one in for $3,500.

The stairlift fits in really nicely with the stairwell. I would have liked it if it had backed just a little bit closer to the wall, but we have the railing on there also. It was below the railing and it’s close to the wall. It couldn’t have gone much more. I just didn’t want it wound a little bit tighter. We got nice, wide steps, so it’s not really bothering. One thing that I would like to see is some kind of a brace that would go over to the wall. I’m about 260 pounds and it must have flexed ahead just a little bit and my knees are getting worse so I’ve tried it a couple of times. If we had that railing where the craft would be hooked to the wall and to the step, that’d keep it from flexing out on us.

The installers were so professional. They had the stairlift put in about 45 minutes. My father-in-law had been riding the stairlift the most and he really likes it. At this point, he’s been using it every time he comes up and goes down. The stairlift has only been here for about two weeks, but it’s working really fine. It’s made my father-in-law's life so much nicer because he’s still in a transition a little bit. He’s coming up and having suppers and meals with us, and it’s working out really great to see. We can go there and visit him, too. I’d recommend Bruno and the stairlift is really quick to install, and the warranty is nice on it. Everything looks really good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?

Original review: July 10, 2018

My wife has problems walking and she can’t make the stairs. I have a house that has two sets of stairs that goes from the base that goes to the foyer to leave the house and one that goes to the bedroom. It was comfortable going to the store that sold Bruno and they’ve always been reliable. I went in there, told them what I wanted then I paid it all in cash. I purchased two straight stairlifts for my two sets of stairs. Both are nice. They are a little tight, but they are comfortable. They are steady and they move at a good and safe pace. These stairlifts have helped both of us getting up and down much easier. The installation went very fast, which surprised me. It is less stressful and it is very convenient with Bruno.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Our old Bruno stairlift wore out. We had one since 2001 and it was about shot. A man was here to fix the old one and he said that it would take too much money to fix it. So we decided to get a new one. There are three of us in the house that can use it. Our stairway is really narrow and the man knew what we needed and the one that he chose for us is better. He came back to put the new one in and I told him that I had to be out by 2:00 and five before two, he was done and we were out of here. He knew what he was doing.

I like that the Bruno stairlift goes closer to the wall and the seat turns really nice at the top. I wish it would turn at the bottom as well, but it doesn't. It just goes down and it's straight. There wasn't enough room to put a turn at the bottom. But I like the quality of the replacement a lot. It's a wonderful change that we got a new one. It works well, we enjoy it, and it's a good asset to our house. I would tell friends to go with Bruno. They're quick when there's a repair.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Martin had a stroke and his bathroom is upstairs so he needs the stairlift. And the Bruno team came here to fix the stairlift that he had. They were nice and professional but they could not fix it. So he bought a new one. Martin called a number for customer service and the stairlift was installed by the same two guys who told him about it. The Bruno stairlift folds up so it's space-saving and convenient unlike the last stairlift he had which took up the whole stairs. So if there's someone like myself who might need to go upstairs, we can just walk up the stairs. That's probably the best feature of the stairlift. Martin's son, his soon to be daughter-in-law and the rest of his family are relieved that Martin has a working stairlift. He has already fallen down the stairs once or twice but now they don't have to worry about him falling again. The Bruno team did a good job.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We have a shower and a nice game room downstairs. It’s a very narrow stairway with a lot of narrow steps. So it was always hard to get up and down to begin with. My son-in-law put in a railing there but after I fell the first time, it was hard for me to get on my leg at all and I just couldn’t walk up and down the steps. I didn’t know if I was ever gonna get better, but we are very appreciative and happy that we are able to get the Bruno Stairlift. Also, my husband has been using a walker for years and he hasn’t been downstairs.

The fellow from Bruno that came here a couple of years ago was very nice. But he didn’t think that he could put a stairlift in since ours is an older home and we would have to have a part of our door taken out. And then we had talked to somebody who said they were making them back against the wall farther and I could get my knees down and around, which was important. The installation went very well. The fellow had a couple of guys with him and it took them an hour to put it up. But they put blocks of wood underneath the steps to hold it and they didn't clean the one little thing up on the stairway. Other than that, it's working fine.

My daughters who are around here are still working and they come over every day to see what we need, but it’s very hard for them to use the stairlift. We sent a bunch of towels down the stairlift and I showed them how that worked. And so far, I’m the only one who knows how it works. I enjoy using it and it has helped me immensely. I'm hoping that my husband will soon decide to start using it as well. And I would recommend Bruno Stairlifts.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My husband had heart failure and he was unable to come up the stairs without being exhausted. We got a Bruno stairlift through the Veterans Administration. Bruno's reps came, checked everything, gave us the information and then said that they would have to get the "okay" from the Vets. We got a straight stairlift and they had to do some renovation before they could install it. The installers did a lot of work and they were great. The stairlift is wonderful for my husband. I've been using it myself occasionally and it has been wonderful. You don't realize how great it is sometimes until you have it.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My mother-in-law had to move in with us and she couldn’t do the stairs. I talked to Bruno and they also had an option of going with an elevator if we wanted to do that which is what we did. Their guy initially came to put in an elevator but we couldn't find a reasonable solution for one. He then said the stairlift which I didn't really want, so the whole experience wasn't that positive. Still, it didn't have anything to do with with their guy and he was very reassuring with the concerns I had about it and that the stairlift would look okay.

During installation, their team was very polite. I asked them to do some things which they did for me. They also said they would defend me against the inspector if he questioned what the modification was. They could've said that they couldn't do that modification and that the inspector wouldn't like it. Still, they worked with me. The inspector approved the modification thereafter which was nice.We couldn't keep my mother-in-law at our home if we didn't have the stairlift from Bruno.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My hips bother me when I'm going up and down the steps. I liked the Bruno stairlift. It wasn't too expensive and it was easy to use. So, I bought a straight one. The person who came to install it knew what he was doing and it fits really good with my stairwell. My hips also bother me when I'm coming up and down the shower steps, so my husband said he'd get another stairlift. So far, I like that with our Bruno stairlifts, I don't have to walk up and down the steps. I also like that I can put the seat up and the foot comes up because it's been hard to reach down to get the foot rest. So, I like the automatic thing like that.

The stairlifts are good quality and with them, bringing stuff up from the shower has been a lot easier. This last one I got in there starts beeping every once in a while when I have it upstairs here. But when I come out, I push it halfway down, then bring it back up, and it stops. It did that three times to me already. Other than that, I'd tell my friends that our Bruno stairlifts work good and are easy to use.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Bruno's sales representatives were nice and professional. Larry can't get up and down the stairs and he needs a chairlift. I had one from Bruno put in going down the basement. And that way, he can ride down there and go out the back door with his rollator. The chairlift is good and it does what it's supposed to do. It made Larry's life a lot better. It's better for him to get in and out of the house.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My husband had Parkinson and my dad had a heart problem so they both needed a stairlift. Now, I’m having a heart problem and it’s getting hard for me to do the steps. That's why I need the stairlift now too. But the Bruno stairlift we had had ever since early 2000s was not working anymore. Still, we had no problems with it whatsoever all those years until it died and that was why I went to Bruno again. I knew a place that handled Bruno because I had seen it from being in the store so I knew where to go, and I feel good about them. Before, we had to deal with someone down the Illinois border and it was further away. If we had any problems, we would have to call somebody from further away as well. Now, we have someone who is closer to the area and I like that.

We knew pretty much about the stairlift from having one before and we didn’t have too many questions on how it operated when they installed. But I was concerned because we just got the straight stairlift and something has gone wrong with it already. The chair was stuck and it wouldn’t go up or down. Still, the company gave us very good service. I called in the morning and they came by in the afternoon and put a part in. So we’re very happy with our service people. It was also probably just a strange coincidence that something happened to the stairlift already because we had really good luck with our first one. I use the stairlift quite a bit and I would tell others to get it too.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Bruno stairlift is a must for us. My grandma can't walk anymore and she can't walk up the stairs. It's a decent amount of stairs with around 10 steps so it's difficult for her. We had a sales visit from Bruno and it was simple and easy. When we got the quote, we looked at the product itself and the product is right and looked great. My mom said that there weren't any struggle when the stairlift was installed. It was simple. We have a two-person stairwell so we have one side for the chair and the other side for walking up and down, and the straight stairlift fits well. The stairlift seems like a consistent quality product and it made it easier for my grandma to climb. I also like the safety of having it. Now, there is less of a headache and worry for her to go up.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My father came home from Florida in the winter and he hasn't been able to get up and down the stairs. I have a family member that has Bruno and uses it for his wife with Parkinson's. They go along really well and he recommended the people who had put it in for them. The installers were very helpful and they did a great job. They were there for three or four hours to put the stairlift in. They were very personable and they showed us how to run it. And we appreciated it. We have a straight stairlift installed and it fits really well into our stairwell. It's really easy to use and is well-made. We also thought it was gonna be more expensive than what it was. It has made my father's life easier. I would recommend them.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I can't walk up the stairs in my house and getting a stairlift was the most practical thing for me to do. I've been on an environmental modifications program and they chose Bruno as our stairlift provider. I got a curved stairlift that went from my downstairs living room to the one upstairs which came into my bedroom. The unit fits very well and I like the fact that it curves around and can assist me with getting into my bedroom. However, Bruno can do improvements on the design of the seatbelts on the lift. I think that having something where both of the buckles meet in the middle for customers would be better. For someone who needs the belt and needs to use it independently, using the current one is difficult. Still, having the lift has made it so that I can live independently in my home. I don't need staff for its operation and that has been nice. Overall, I've had a good experience with Bruno.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My husband has emphysema and it was getting really difficult for him to go up and down the stairs. Our bedroom and a full bath are upstairs on the second floor. On the main floor, we have a nice half bath but it’s just a sink and a stool and there’s no place for me to put a tub. My cousin's husband was disabled before he passed away as a fairly young man and he referred me to Bruno Independent Living Aids. We rode about an hour out of Rockford, but being an hour out didn’t turn out to be a problem. We were impressed with the brochure they sent us that showed their product which represented them well.

Every employee was very congenial. There was a gentleman in the store that was one of the people that get on the phone who is in a wheelchair, so he understands about not being as mobile as he likes to be so we talked to him. There was also one rep that we did the most talk with my cousin listing and he used his phone and we took pictures of the stairway ‘cause we had some questions with it and that worked well. We got those things figured out over the phone with some good pictures in it. We have a straight open stairway and we got a straight stairlift. Then there were two people that came to install it.

Its cord goes right up around the corner and under our bedroom door and along our walls in a short distance and plugs in behind our dresser. We have a straight up landing and it ends at the bottom near a door we walk through. We’ve been really happy with the stairway and we feel that it’s good quality. It worked out well as we got to the top of the stairs and it hasn’t given us any problems at all. If a friend of mine asks me, I'd tell them that they should go with that product. We've showed it off to anyone who has stopped including family and friends. All in all, it was reasonable. Bruno was good to deal with and they did their best to make it work for us.

We might buy another Bruno product someday. There is also a full bath here in the basement, and we still have basement steps. My husband still makes two trips down there a day and I wish we could put a stairlift there. But the house is old and the basement is very narrow that kinda goes down to a little area. There's a wall then you have to turn and step down. The installers looked at it when they were here because my husband said that one of the guys measured it and said that it’s not gonna work. But we’ll ask about that again and see if they came up with something else because we’d be tempted.

Original review: July 5, 2018

My husband has two bad legs and two bad knees. He has trouble with the steps so we decided to purchase a stairlift. We had two estimates come in but we went with Bruno because we knew the fella that was installing it. And it seemed that there were a lot of safety features on the Bruno. Their sales rep was also very helpful. In fact, I have recommended him to a friend. We got the straight stairlift and it fits our stairs very well. Our stairs are narrow, so there's not as much room to kinda move around but the installer put it back as far as he could. The guy who came out was the son of the fella that owns the company and he was very polite, very quiet, and he just did his job. So far, the stairlift seems to have very good safety features and I feel that its cost was very fair. The stairlift has made my husband's life better, too. Sometimes he forgets how to turn the chair around once he gets to the top. But we're working with it.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We wanted a stairlift to aid mobility up and down our stairs. I wanted a high-end product, and between Bruno and Acorn, Bruno had the better product. And more importantly, the salesperson who came to me was able to better explain what he was selling. He was able to answer my questions in a direct form and I did not feel like he was just out to sell a product. He was out to meet my need, and so I felt more comfortable. He came about three times because any question I had, he was willing to come by again. And then, he was able to patiently walk with me through the process.

We got a straight indoor stairlift installed and I like its powered swivel seats. Not everybody is able to turn the chair around when you get upstairs of the stairway. So, having a powered swivel seat and by just pressing the button and the seat turns is an important feature. And to the best of my knowledge, only Bruno had that feature and Acorn does not.

We have an issue with the stairlift not looking very straight. And also, they could have done a little of a better job with the carpeting. The carpet on the stairway was not well attached and there's an obvious gap between the wall and the carpet. I've called them and they are willing to come back to do it properly but we have yet to schedule a time and a day. Other than that, our stairlift is set to our need and what we have is a high-end. And it would have been good if the cost would have been lower but it's a good product overall.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We’re in our 90s and we weren’t able to navigate the stairs very well anymore but now, we can access our second floor easier. The straight Bruno stairlift we got has made a good impact and we’re very satisfied with it. The Bruno salesperson was very polite and informative as well, and the installer was excellent. He was very pleasant, polite and professional.

Original review: July 4, 2018

The Bruno reps were very helpful and they showed me how everything worked and everything worked good. I got the curved stairlift which has a U-turn in the middle and it fits well in my stairwell. The top part fits very well and the bottom part is a little close but I can manage. The lift saves a lot of work on my knees. We called to inquire about a third remote for my landing, but I thought they were kind of high. But the stairlift has nice cushioned seats and armrests and it is everything I hoped for.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I got two flights of stairs and it’s only seven each way but when I go up even halfway between the first set, I have to stop to catch my breath. I had cancer in the lung so it’s rough getting around. With the Bruno stairlift, it’s nice to go up both flights without any trouble. The VA was the one who got the stairlifts for me. They got three bids and they went for the cheapest one. The Bruno stairlifts are both straight and are slow compared to me and that’s good. I’m not losing my breath so that’s 100% better. The reps from Bruno were nice and the installers were professional. But sometimes, it seems like the one switch of the stairlift is not working. It goes and hesitates and I gotta keep playing with it then it goes again. If I'm upstairs and coming down, it seems like there are places where the stairlift is hitting hard. But so far the stairlifts are great. I really needed this and I can’t believe how much better it makes me feel.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I’m ill and I can’t walk up and down my stairs. It's 14 stairs from top to bottom, and by the time I get to the fourth one, I have to sit down on a stair and catch my breath. So I called Hartford and told them about my problem. I talked to Cassidy, who was in charge of helping the elderly, she took the information, and it went from there. The installer and another gentleman came and explained things to me. I then sent all the information back to Hartford and they in turn chose which one they wanted.

I waited for three weeks and finally, Jim from Home Crew, Connecticut came and he was friendly and marvelous. He told me that he has been doing the job for 27 years and he knew exactly what he has to do. He installed the straight stairlift and he never wasted one minute of time. No one would’ve known the unit was brand new until they look at the feet. He then tested the unit before he showed me how to use it. He also gave me his card and told me to give him a call if I have any problems.

The unit is serving its purpose, which is to take me from the bottom of the stairs all the way up to the top. Now I sit on the unit, press a button, and the lovely thing will go right up the 14th stair. Then I swivel it around and put my foot right on the doorframe of my door. Then, if I want to go down and see my kids, I do the same thing going down. I don’t have to take a step either way.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I love Bruno Independent Living Aids! I have a problem with walking. I didn't walk for seven months and didn't get upstairs to see what was going on. A contractor came in and remodeled downstairs for us so we've been living down there for several months and the only way I get upstairs is with the stairlift, so we had to get one somewhere. The VA suggested Bruno and they set everything up for me. Their reps were easy to get along with too. The installers didn't take long at all to put in the stairlift. It took three hours and it was no problem at all. Everything was cleaned up and ready to use when they left too. The stairlift has made a big difference about my wife preparing meals. She used to have to prepare on the second level, bring them downstairs to eat and then bring the dishes up and so on and so forth. Now, she can cook and do the dishes right up here too. We're real satisfied with the chairlift. Bruno is very efficient and the unit is very good.

Original review: July 3, 2018

It's hard for me to get up and down the stairs, so I purchased a Bruno stairlift. The interaction I had with their sales rep was okay. I was also happy with the gentleman who installed it. It's a good quality stairlift.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My kids thought Bruno was the best but the stairlift cost $1,200. I thought it was a little expensive even if the quality was 150,000%. But my kids talked me into it and in the end, I knew I had to have it because I couldn’t get up the stairs anymore. The sales rep came in with a girl who was just starting and he was a nice guy. The installation process went all right as well. The installers were here for three hours and when they got through, I got on the stairlift and was up and down the stairs for a while. The quality seems a number-one and it's also got a leather seat.

The curved stairlift fits okay in my stairwell. But when I make the turn on one of the curves, it has a little bumpy sound for a couple of seconds. That is the only thing that could have been dealt with differently. Otherwise, it seems to be okay and I'm satisfied with it so far. It's a start of a new adventure for my kids and my grandkids, and I would recommend it if a friend wanted to buy it.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I'm a disabled vet and my wife has a disability too. We have trouble ascending and descending the stairs. The Veterans Administration chose Bruno for me and the installation was at the bequest of the Department of Veterans Affairs. After all, I receive my medical care there. The installed stairlift is a straight one and it's crowded a bit. But it suffices. It allows enough room to go up and down the stairs.

One of my initial questions is whether or not the chairlift apparatus itself was too big or too wide. It's my first experience with such a machine. But it seems to fit at the time, and so far, we don't use the stairs for any other purpose now that we have the chair lift installed. The person who installed it was a nice young man and he did a good job. He stayed here until it was completed. Initially, there was a hold-up the following day as it wasn't functioning at all. But he came out and made the adjustment. It didn't take him longer than 10 minutes and consequently, it has worked well ever since.

While I find the chair comfortable, the only problem is it has to transfer on the way up and on the way down. It goes about halfway up and then, you have to push a button so it would reassemble itself. And then, it goes on up, and you get out. And it goes through the same process going downstairs as well. In addition, I was concerned about the fact that the chairlift bar was steel. And it wouldn't be cosmetically very appropriate for the stairway. But it seems to be out of the picture now. And it's something that you hardly notice at all. Other than that, I feel safe enough to use my stairlift and it made things possible like I was able to navigate the stairwell and my wife was as well. In fact, she was better at it than I am. All in all, as long as it works and as long as it does the job satisfactorily, Bruno is okay with me.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I love my stairlift from Bruno. I have another one, and it's so loud which makes me uneasy. And the one from Bruno is so quiet and more comfortable. Bruno's installers were friendly, and the installation was very quick.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Two good friends of mine have a stairlift and when I was reading the AARP Magazine, the stairlift caught my eye. I said that having a stairlift must be good. I went to a different place to get a price on a lift chair. However, since it would take them a week and a half to get it and then I don't know how many days for their serviceman to come and install it, I didn't go with that company. When I called AARP, they recommended Bruno. But then, I was disappointed that my insurance didn't cover it. I was told that hardly any insurance covers stairlifts. I called Bruno on a Monday and said that we'll go for it. The serviceman had an opening on a Thursday and put it in.

Joe was a super-duper guy. He was tied up in traffic on 27 and called to let me know. He said that he would be here. He thought it was only fair to let the customer know that he was delayed in traffic. And I said that was good. He has a very good attitude. He's a down-to-earth guy, not highfalutin and spreading a lot of breeze. Different things came up on the about the chair and he said he was glad I asked because he was here to answer the questions. The installation went great. He had his act together and did really well. He has been doing installations for three years and he knew what he was doing. He had everything laid out. And one, two, three, he went right to work. Plus, he cleaned and swept up everything. Even in the garage where he had some filings on the floor. I said that he reminds me of my son who makes sure everything's clean before leaving when he does a job in carpentry.

My wife didn't think we needed a stairlift, but she really likes it. It's easy to operate and I enjoy the remote control. The stairlift's quality is number one. We should have gotten it years ago, but my wife was hard to convince. I had to talk to three different people that had one. At first, their mothers didn't want it, but when they had gotten it, their mothers had said nothing but praise for the stairlift. Now, I think that convinced my wife too.

Bruno Independent Living Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Bruno is a premier American stairlift manufacturer dedicated to helping people with limited mobility easily access all levels of their home. Family-owned Bruno, offers indoor and outdoor, straight and custom-curve stairlift that fit every staircase, lifestyle and budget.

• Made in USA: All Bruno stairlifts are engineered and manufactured in Wisconsin, USA.

• Vertical rail design: Bruno’s exclusive vertical rail design enables the stairlift to be installed close to the wall, leaving maximum open space on steps.

• Covered gear rack: Bruno’s covered gear rack gives each stair lift a sleek, clean appearance. It also protects the rack from damage and keeps grandchildren and pets from catching on it.

• Straight or Custom Curved: In addition to Bruno’s popular straight stairlift, Bruno’s curved stair lifts are custom crafted for an exact fit to your staircase.

• High-capacity lift choices: Bruno’s stair lifts feature lift capacities up to 400 pounds.

• Five-year limited warranty: The stairlift motor, rail and gearbox are under Bruno warranty for five years; parts are covered for two years.

• Best for: people with limited mobility due to age or chronic condition.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Company Information