2. Mortgages

4.6/5 (168 ratings)

About Vanderbilt Mortgage

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a nationwide lender that specializes in mortgage services for manufactured, mobile and modular homes. You can apply online for its conventional, FHA, biweekly, land mortgages and more; the company also offers loans for those with lower or no credit scores.

Pros

• Variety of loan options available
  • Plans for low or no credit scores
  • Easy and quick application

Cons

• Limited customer support
  • Not much info on the website

Bottom Line

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a national financial lender that focuses on manufactured, mobile and modular housing. It offers several loans, including traditional, biweekly and FHA mortgages.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Vanderbilt is number one in my book. This ain’t my first rodeo with them and they are the way to go. They are good at customer service. They will help you when your credit ain't the best. They will look out for you and give you a home. They are a very reasonable and honest company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Everything was dealt with in a timely manner. This is the first time we ever undertook a purchase of a mobile home and everybody knew what they were doing. Vanderbilt is the servicing company to use if anyone is trying to venture down the same path we are.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Vanderbilt needed to work a little bit on their internal communication. The left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing. I would get a call three times a day from different departments. They should have known what they were doing with each other instead of bothering me all day. That aside, I've been overall satisfied with Vanderbilt. The reps were nice to me and they answered my questions.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

The quality of the build is pretty good and we like the space since we needed more. It's right around 2000 square feet. I recommend Vanderbilt.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The communication was pretty good. It got confusing sometimes when the phone calls didn't match the mail I received as the mail was usually late. Other than that, they had an open line for me to call them and clear any confusion that I had. The reps were professional and they knew what they were doing. Vanderbilt is a good company to go to. They're very precise and direct to the point. Everything’s straightforward and laid out.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Vanderbilt did really well. They stayed on top of my loan application. I had a girl who did most of the work and they would call me and let me know where things were at.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Vanderbilt was very helpful with explaining stuff to me and keeping in contact with me. They kept me informed by email and by the telephone. When I would have to call my loan specialist and another young man that I had to talk to, they would always be there. And if they weren't, they would call me back. They're a very reliable and friendly company. They would take care of you.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Doing business with Vanderbilt was pretty easy. The reps did an okay job and everything went smoothly. Their interest rates are a little high but other than that, it was fine.

Original review: July 29, 2021

The communication with Vanderbilt was really bad and there was never centralized communication. On some days, the rep would email me, sometimes he would email my husband, and sometimes he would email our Realtor. It was never all at once and was about different things. There were periods where we couldn't get ahold of him for a while. This aspect could have been better. Vanderbilt accepted our offer at the end of March and we didn't close until the middle of July.

Original review: July 28, 2021

There was a lack of communication between Vanderbilt and the home manufacturer. Things were bad at the start and I had to do all the running myself. But after I lost my temper a couple of times, it became easy to conduct business. Things were good after I finally got to talk in person with someone in Vanderbilt. They worked with me and got things all worked out. Vanderbilt is easier to work with than anyone I dealt with.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information