4.5/5 (179 ratings)

About Vanderbilt Mortgage

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a nationwide lender that specializes in mortgage services for manufactured, mobile and modular homes. You can apply online for its conventional, FHA, biweekly, land mortgages and more; the company also offers loans for those with lower or no credit scores.

Pros

• Variety of loan options available
  • Plans for low or no credit scores
  • Easy and quick application

Cons

• Loans limited to specific home types

Bottom Line

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a national financial lender that focuses on manufactured, mobile and modular housing. It offers several loans, including traditional, biweekly and FHA mortgages.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

The people at Vanderbilt were warm, very friendly, and open. My loan rep was awesome and he called me to help calm me down. I thought the process was gonna be two to three hours long. I got in there and everything was on PowerPoint. It was so cool and very easy. Everything went so smoothly. It was calm and I wasn't nervous.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

They were very quick and easy to deal with. They kept us informed and would answer any questions to the best of their knowledge. I would recommend them to family or friends. Thank you for being so prompt and patient with us.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I love my choice of home that I have chosen, working with Mrs. ** was easy, making the next step, until completed, thankful to her I did had a wonderful experience. 14×76 purchased in Summer. The home is now located at **.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

We tried the FHA first and it was taking so long. They were dragging their feet. We switched to Vanderbilt because there was a little more money and everybody was so much faster, and that's definitely what we wanted. We were going after the time frame. We wanted to get it done quickly and they were always able to answer our questions too.

Doing business with them was easy. I called and spoke with one of the customer service ladies and they transferred me to somebody else. Then they got me the same person that remembered me and then I talked to my loan officer a few times. I left messages, they called me back and they were just all over it. They were really good about it. I wish my house payment was a little bit cheaper, but that just goes by the credit. Hopefully, we can refinance down the road. But they've been good and I feel good about it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Vanderbilt Mortgage was the best option. It was a smooth and quick process.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Good company about getting you your loan but beware. Will start upping your charges every year. You will see your payment slowly go up until you are no longer to able to make payments. I am very close to that point. My finances have not went up or down. Just what they charge me every year.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Fast and Easy! Would recommend to anyone in need of a home loan. Fast and friendly service every step of the way. Was a first time home buyer and excited to be a homeowner. Great five star service. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Everything went smooth. The reps knew what they were doing.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

From the time I put the application in until we closed, it was absolutely seamless. We majority communicated via email unless I had to make a phone call with them because I worked during the daytime. But the rep made it very convenient for me to be able to communicate with them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Conducting business with Vanderbilt was easy.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Since the beginning, the rep and I only texted each other. But she texted the whole time before I was in the house saying how long it would take and when Vanderbilt predicted me to be in the house. She was accurate on when I would be inside it. It took eight months to get into the house. She texted me and said we should be in it within a couple of days. Two days went by and we got the okay to move in. So, Vanderbilt did good.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Everything went super smoothly. I love more than anything the online portal so that I can check everything online and make sure stuff are paid, and look at my loan. Also, going through Vanderbilt is super easy and anytime you reach out to them, you get help. They also help you make sure that things go smoothly and let you know your options, which is nice. The only issue that we have is some of the trim is loose. So, we have to staple it back or however they did it. Other than that, everything is good.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Due to COVID, our homebuying was a long process so everybody was delayed a lot. But for Vanderbilt Mortgage approving me for the loan, they worked fast. The rep was nice about everything. She got me to the right people that I needed to talk to and I got the papers faxed off to them now. They said that they would take care of it. Anytime I have a question about anything, I just call Vanderbilt and they let me know that everything is okay. They gave me an option to pay electronically or I can call in and pay the 1st or the 15th. I pick a day and it gave me options to do what I want to do in that case. So, it was cool. I'm just following the work with Vanderbilt. If they continue to be as open with me and patient and everything that they told me in the beginning would work like that the whole time, it's gonna work out fine.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Everything was great with Vanderbilt. The young lady called to tell us when our first payment was due, how to log in online, and we could pay it online. She was very informative and answered all the questions that we had.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Working with Vanderbilt was very easy. They did a really great job.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

My rep Todd was awesome. He kept up with me every step of the way and never left me out of the loop. Almost every other day, he was calling me, emailing me, messaging me, however he could get a hold of me. With everything that I've dealt with, this has been the easiest thing. They made it super easy and worked with me. They went above and beyond to help me get this home. And they'll never know how much it means to me for what they've done for me. I've told people whom I've been talking to who are talking about getting homes that Vanderbilt is the place to go.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

So far, everything has been good. The only thing was the interest rate which was pretty high.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

We had such a horrible time with the sales department that it was just refreshing that the mortgage company held to their end. They did what they were supposed to do in a timely manner. They could be better with communication. But I was the person who called all the time, asking questions.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Our experience with Vanderbilt has been good. Everything’s set up the right way. We got a couple of things we're looking at that's gonna need to be fixed, but nothing major. It was very easy to communicate with them. Natalia was great. She texted, called and she took care of us well.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Everything went smoothly with Vanderbilt. We were pleased with everything. We had a couple of questions about the insurance. We wanted to use our own insurance and it was addressed almost immediately, within 24 hours. We had all of our questions answered and things were taken care of. I've sent my other son their way. He's also trying to get a loan through Vanderbilt. That's how pleased we were.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I had questions and Vanderbilt gave me the answers. It wasn't that hard working with the rep.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

They gave me a chance when nobody else would. The application process was easy. The people were nice and were really down-to-earth. I learned a lot of things that I didn't know as far as filing my property that I own. Then the mobile home I'm buying, I can file that. There’s a tax write-off period.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Vanderbilt was really nice and they helped me out. This is my first time buying a home. Vanderbilt gave me a better understanding of what was going on and what I needed to do. The interest rate I got was wonderful and I was pleased. I worked between Vanderbilt and another company and the process took a couple of months, which wasn't much time. I'd tell friends to go to Vanderbilt.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I had three companies to choose from for my mortgage. With a mobile home purchase, you can only get a 20 with the two companies. Vanderbilt gave me 22 and that was the only reason I went with them. You want your mortgage to be as long as you can get it. I made my decision on a two-month extra mortgage plan and I'm probably paying more now in the end. I should have gone with the other ones because my mortgage would have been lower.

It was a ** show from the beginning. It took the rep four months to get things done. I told him, "I paid rent for this month. Make sure that just the paperwork doesn't close for the next two weeks." It was the new month and they had all these stuff that they needed to do that they hadn't done on their end. They could have used those two weeks to get those stuff completed.

When I make a phone call and leave a message, it doesn't mean they would call me back. It would take them two weeks to follow up on something they had to deal with. It was just always something. They ended up having to hit my credit. They said it was gonna be past the 60 days thing so they were going to have to do another credit check. That dropped my credit score because now I was at nine hits. They said I needed to get a couple of quotes and they had to hit me. With the third one, I was told that my down payment was no longer 6,000 but 9,000. They ** around on the whole process to where my credit had to get hit again.

Communication was horrible and customer service was not very friendly. Since I couldn't screw this up, I had to put up with them instead of it being the other way around. There was one woman who said, "This is your fault because you didn't do this." They were horrible getting back to me, horrible getting ahold of them, and they were horrible for my team.

Another thing was the people who owned the house before I didn't need flood insurance but Vanderbilt said I needed that insurance because I was in the flood zone. They never gave me a list of things they needed from me. I ended up taking three days off vacation time looking for insurance that would give me flood insurance. Everything was awful and I wouldn't use Vanderbilt. Working with them was the worst experience of my life and I would tell anyone asking me about them to stay away.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

The gentleman I spoke with knew that I was very nervous about everything and he was very helpful. He told me step by step what the process was going to be to get my mortgage all set up and he did a fantastic job. I wanted to customize stuff but I got one that was on the lot because it was cheaper and everybody was so helpful. They knew my money situation and they were like, “This would be the best bang for your buck. Let's do it this way.” Vanderbilt is the company to go for. No matter what situation you're in, they're willing to work with you and help you.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Vanderbilt's rep was really good with communication and keeping us updated on what was needed and setting the right expectations during the whole process.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

We've been able to communicate with Vanderbilt fine. We got our pre-approval and our sales rep took it from there. Then we said that this is our closing date. We went in and I was asking, “So, what do we do whenever the actual numbers come through?” She said, “No. These are actual numbers, even though everything says estimates on it.” It would have been better if it was a process where you get estimates in and do a pre-loan kind of deal like being given what you're approved for, what we're expecting, but then doing a final deal once actuals come through.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Vanderbilt's process was very easy. Everything was spot-on. I appreciate everything that they have done and are still doing. Every time I called in to ask a question, I never had to wait for a phone call back. If my person wasn't available, they always made sure I got to the right department to get my questions answered. They're easy to communicate with. They don't talk to you in finance terminology, but they talk to you like you're a real person. They break it down so you can understand it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

My experience working with Vanderbilt has been wonderful. They did everything that they said they were gonna do, and they were doing it in a timely manner. The rep, Sandra, answered all my questions and she explained how everything worked. When she told me something was gonna get done, it got done. It wasn't difficult at all to communicate with Vanderbilt. The only thing is when I went to close, I only had a certain amount of time because I was buying the land through the land homepages with them and we had set up a contract because the people we were buying the land from wanted a contract, and they didn’t meet the deadline to get everything signed for the contract for the land. The rep said that there was some kind of holdup with the deed. It was only supposed to take a week, but we ended up taking two and a half weeks.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

They really worked with me to get the house that I wanted. Anytime I had a question, if they didn't know the answer to it, they got the answer for me. They were very quick to answer and handle any concerns I had. They also told me that I wouldn't have to pay payments on the house until until I had been living in it for 60 days. My rep has a great personality and she was very helpful in the whole process. She explained everything in detail.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information