2. Mortgages

4.7/5 (176 ratings)

About Vanderbilt Mortgage

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a nationwide lender that specializes in mortgage services for manufactured, mobile and modular homes. You can apply online for its conventional, FHA, biweekly, land mortgages and more; the company also offers loans for those with lower or no credit scores.

Pros

• Variety of loan options available
  • Plans for low or no credit scores
  • Easy and quick application

Cons

• Limited customer support
  • Not much info on the website

Bottom Line

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a national financial lender that focuses on manufactured, mobile and modular housing. It offers several loans, including traditional, biweekly and FHA mortgages.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

The rep was a hot mess. She wasn't good at communicating. And so we would hear from higher-up people, and then she would give us a different answer than what they told us. Other than that, conducting business with them was easy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

The loan process took two months altogether and it was fairly easy to talk to Vanderbilt. But there was a big miscommunication with the guy I was working with. I thought I was getting a will included in my loan. When we did all the closing paperwork, I didn't read the fine print on everything and it said in there that I was not getting a will. That was my fault. Since I've found out about the whole will situation, I tried to reach out to my guy a couple of times but I always got his voicemail. I left my contact a couple of times. Overall, it was fairly easy conducting business with Vanderbilt. I have a knowledge of what to expect and what I was looking at going in. Vanderbilt is a good company. But going into it, you need to be aware of everything because there are things you can overlook that can impact stuff down the line.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Vanderbilt is a great company and so are its employees. Communication has been pleasurable and everybody that I talked to and did everything with was there for me. The loan specialist was just as excited as us about us getting a home. She was really fabulous and she kept me up to date on everything, which I liked. She answered all my questions too. On the whole, it was a hassle-free and good experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I decided to work with Vanderbilt because I got immediate response and people were cordial. My rep contacted me and we mainly communicated via email, which was my preferred communication. I liked how polite and responsive he was. It was so easy at times that I was concerned that things weren't getting done. I didn't hear from him so I got nervous but in reality, things were progressing in the timeline that they were supposed to. Everybody was helpful when I would call in. The only thing was that I got voicemail a lot when I would have to call in. But they responded within 24 hours. If somebody was looking for a mobile home loan, I would tell them to go with Vanderbilt.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Vanderbilt is number one in my book. This ain’t my first rodeo with them and they are the way to go. They are good at customer service. They will help you when your credit ain't the best. They will look out for you and give you a home. They are a very reasonable and honest company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Everything was dealt with in a timely manner. This is the first time we ever undertook a purchase of a mobile home and everybody knew what they were doing. Vanderbilt is the servicing company to use if anyone is trying to venture down the same path we are.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Vanderbilt needed to work a little bit on their internal communication. The left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing. I would get a call three times a day from different departments. They should have known what they were doing with each other instead of bothering me all day. That aside, I've been overall satisfied with Vanderbilt. The reps were nice to me and they answered my questions.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

The quality of the build is pretty good and we like the space since we needed more. It's right around 2000 square feet. I recommend Vanderbilt.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The communication was pretty good. It got confusing sometimes when the phone calls didn't match the mail I received as the mail was usually late. Other than that, they had an open line for me to call them and clear any confusion that I had. The reps were professional and they knew what they were doing. Vanderbilt is a good company to go to. They're very precise and direct to the point. Everything’s straightforward and laid out.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Vanderbilt did really well. They stayed on top of my loan application. I had a girl who did most of the work and they would call me and let me know where things were at.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information