4.5/5 (179 ratings)

About Vanderbilt Mortgage

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a nationwide lender that specializes in mortgage services for manufactured, mobile and modular homes. You can apply online for its conventional, FHA, biweekly, land mortgages and more; the company also offers loans for those with lower or no credit scores.

Pros

• Variety of loan options available
  • Plans for low or no credit scores
  • Easy and quick application

Cons

• Loans limited to specific home types

Bottom Line

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a national financial lender that focuses on manufactured, mobile and modular housing. It offers several loans, including traditional, biweekly and FHA mortgages.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: May 26, 2022

My experience was quick and easy. They were very open. They answered every question very easily.

Original review: May 25, 2022

The process was fairly straightforward. Everybody was very helpful.

Original review: May 17, 2022

You don't lose anything by trying with Vanderbilt, and I’d tell people to try them. They helped us a lot and it was step by step. They asked questions, and we answered them back. We also asked questions and they answered them back as well. We were very patient and the rep was definitely very patient with us too. From application to approval, the process didn’t take more than a week. It was just paperwork in our part and then their part, and it was very understandable.

Everything went smoothly and I feel pretty good about it. Finally, for so long that we've been waiting for our home, somebody just helped us get it. To us, it's exciting, making us feel real good about ourselves, and I’m very grateful and thankful to Vanderbilt. My wife and I were happy. If the reps keep being the persons they are, everything will be fine with everybody.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Their reps were efficient. Working with them was easy. It was a good experience.

Original review: May 5, 2022

The whole process with Vanderbilt was easy. The staff was very responsive and helpful. If I had questions, they got back to me really quickly.

Original review: May 4, 2022

At the beginning of the process, some of the people that were assigned to me were having difficulties of reaching the Realtor. The Realtor would say, “I've been calling them, nobody's answering me and everything.” So then I’ll have to call to go get somebody's thing. It was so stressful because I had a fulltime job and then I had to hurry, go home, and get ahold of Vanderbilt before 5 o'clock to figure out why they were not answering the Realtor. Then I had to hurry and call the Realtor after I got ahold of them and tell them what was going on. So the communication between the Realtor and the processing team could have been a lot better. But towards the end, it was easy.

Kim helped me through a couple of things I needed. She was okay. But Charles would not talk to my Realtor at all. I had to go do the $500 for the appraisal. But it took a while to get them to even go to my house for the appraisal, let alone wait for the appraisal. The closing date should have been better. Vanderbilt told us that we had to give them 30 to 45 days. So we gave them 45 days, and that was the 8th. We told them a couple of times that our closing date was on the 8th. But then I kept getting told, “What's your closing date? What's your closing date?” It was a couple of days before the 8th. It was a process for the last two weeks trying to get everything organized. It was a hassle and it felt like we weren't gonna make the deadline. But we made it. It's fine now.

Original review: May 3, 2022

The loan process at Vanderbilt was very easy. The reps were really good. I liked the way they took care of me.

Original review: May 2, 2022

It was convenient working with Vanderbilt. They were more open to helping. It worked for our family and what we needed. Everybody that we spoke to had been very helpful. They were always upfront and honest.

Original review: May 1, 2022

They were professional and the communication was good. Everything worked out well. I would recommend Vanderbilt.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I enjoyed working with Vanderbilt. My wife went through them on her last house, which was the reason we chose them. It's been a streamlined process. Everything was laid out very simply and they were very understanding. I don't have a whole lot of time when I'm at my job to do stuff and they were very accepting that it might take me a little bit. The reps were perfect. Every time I had a question, they called and I didn't even have to call them on some stuff. They would call and check up on me and ask me if I had any issues or anything they could answer. We had tried a couple of times and things didn't work out but in this last process we went through, we were still undecided when we started on which mobile home we would go with and Vanderbilt was very understanding about us changing and gave us all the options on it. Vanderbilt is in the top three, if not number one as far as going about getting a loan from them.

Original review: April 29, 2022

My uncle purchased a brand-new mobile home and setting up the mortgage with Vanderbilt was fairly easy. My uncle’s daughter filled out some paperwork and then he was approved. The reps were great, the process was fast and the communication was great. I would recommend Vanderbilt.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I enjoyed working with Vanderbilt a lot, especially communication-wise with the salesperson. We didn't know anything about this and Minzy was so helpful throughout the whole process and held our hands through the whole thing.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Vanderbilt made the process easy and everything was explained. There was an understanding and they kept me informed on everything that was going on. When I talked with the rep I worked with, it was pretty much to the point on what they needed me to do, the process in between, and how we can make everything go faster and streamline it. Sure enough, we did.

Original review: April 26, 2022

This was our first time getting a loan and they made it very easy for us. They walked me through it step by step and they were available every time I called. If not, they called me right away and kept up with me with emails. I had many questions because I had no clue about the process and they were very good.

Original review: April 25, 2022

The whole process was really smooth and fast and the reps know what they're doing when it comes to home mortgages and home loans. They kept me up to date on the whole loan process and they were always there if I had any questions.

Original review: April 24, 2022

It was a pretty smooth and nice experience. The lady I talked to was real informative and stayed in touch with me a lot. I like that. I enjoyed working with them and I'd recommend others to them.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I had a little bit of trouble getting the right information but once I did, everything went pretty smoothly. We did most of the process over the phone until the signing, where we signed at the Clayton Homes dealership in El Reno. The rep we worked with was very helpful, considerate, and efficient in getting things done.

Original review: April 22, 2022

They kept in touch with me every bit of every time with the progress of the mortgage. There was great customer satisfaction.

Original review: April 21, 2022

It was so convenient that they could do all of the processes in-house. The rep that I worked with was really great. He would answer questions any time of day, even on a weekend. He was always willing to call us and answer any questions or figure it out, and do everything he could for us.

Original review: April 20, 2022

They were very intelligent, friendly, and sincere. They didn't act snobbish or that they didn't want to help me. If I call and ask about anything, they were willing to help me at any time. Everything worked out okay.

Original review: April 19, 2022

It's been a very long process. It took almost a year. But Vanderbilt has been great so far. They've done their part. Amy was my representative and she went beyond the call of duty for me. She has been really great and made it a whole lot easier for me. I didn't know how stressful buying a house could be. But she's been there for me the whole time every step of the way.

Original review: April 17, 2022

I went to the Vanderbilt Greenville location. My loan rep did an excellent job and she answered questions I had to my satisfaction. It was easy to do business with Vanderbilt and they kept me informed as to what was going on and what I needed to do. I was very pleased with them.

Original review: April 16, 2022

The overall process with Vanderbilt for a new mortgage was easy and things went smoothly. Everybody was nice and so helpful. They called back when I had questions and they emailed back when I emailed. They told me how the process went.

Original review: April 15, 2022

The application process for a new mortgage was easy. It didn’t take very long to get approved and that took less than a month. Customer service was very helpful and if I had questions, they answered them. The overall process went fairly well.

Original review: April 14, 2022

The mortgage process with Vanderbilt went fairly quickly. Everything was wonderful and easy. Bethany, the one who helped me in the beginning until we went to closing, was absolutely amazing. She made the experience great.

Original review: April 8, 2022

The process was very extensive and it was a pain in the butt. The person who takes the applications could have done a much better job at pursuing the information that he needed. They were not very willing to help.

Original review: April 7, 2022

We never had any problems communicating with them. They were always very helpful.

Original review: March 31, 2022

With Vanderbilt, everything was well-planned and smooth. I had no problems with them at all. It was great doing business with them. The rep always kept me updated. I couldn't ask for a better person to take care of. She was always there when I had questions. She was a very sweet lady. In fact, I told them before I'd recommend her to anybody. I'm very satisfied with Vanderbilt and everything they’ve done.

Original review: March 30, 2022

The people from Vanderbilt are very good, professional and they were within our timeframe. They knew that I was in a hurry and they tried to speed it up and get things pushed through. They're really nice and personable. I worked with June, and I can't say anything but good things about her. She tried to work as fast as she could. She tried to help me as much as she could and she wasn’t slow like banks. Vanderbilt is not going to drag it out. They get it done for you. I had a better experience with them than I do with the regular banks. They seem to understand that people need to move. My overall experience is very positive, and I would recommend anyone that is looking for a mobile home to give them an opportunity.

Original review: March 29, 2022

Whatever I asked, Vanderbilt's reps are able to get me the answers through email or phone calls. Doing business with Vanderbilt was easy. They were in contact with me after that through phone calls and emails letting me know each step of the way what we needed and what we're waiting on.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information