4.5/5 (155 ratings)

Lock in your rate

Rates are expected to jump after the next Fed meeting

About Vanderbilt Mortgage

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (NMLS #1561) is a national housing lender that operates under the umbrella of Berkshire Hathaway. It specializes in financing both new and used manufactured, mobile and modular homes. Vanderbilt also finances improvements for these types of homes, including energy-efficient upgrades.

Pros

• Direct lending for used home purchases
  • Accommodates borrowers with lower credit scores
  • Numerous payment options
  • Home improvement loans with zero down

Cons

• No home equity loans or HELOCs
  • No in-person branches

Bottom Line

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a national lender helping people finance the purchase of new and used manufactured, mobile and modular homes. It works with all types of borrowers, including those without great credit. A loan specialist helps walk you through the application.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

It's been great with Vanderbilt. They've been cooperative with me. They've moved back my mortgage payment until I move in.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Vanderbilt has been fantastic. My experience went very smoothly and quickly. This process of purchasing a home is very difficult for me. I'm not good with numbers and finances. The fact that they were so patient with me and explained things to me so that I could understand is the biggest thing. I'm very grateful that they were very understanding.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

It was an easy process on trying to get the mortgage. The rep, Olivia, has been contacting me and keeping me updated on everything. I'm not having to reach out myself to find out information.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

The loan process went easily. Vanderbilt got it done quickly. I would do it again or recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Communicating with Vanderbilt was easy and they did very well. Every time I had a question or needed something, they emailed me the next day. I was not waiting days. I am happy.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

The rep was great. Working with Vanderbilt was very easy.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Last year, I got approved through Vanderbilt, but I couldn't go forward because of the surveying of the land. They had something wrong. I had to get everything straight first. But the process was good. I didn't have to do much. I just turned in the information they wanted then it went from there. Every time I called and asked a question, whoever picked up the phone always answered it.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

It was a long process with Vanderbilt, but getting switched between four different people, it wasn't too bad. The first person I had was telling me what I needed. I got a second person who told me the first person was wrong. I needed this and that, and that took me longer to do that. Then they switched me to a third person. They kept requiring more and more. The fourth person finally got it done and situated. The process was difficult, but Vanderbilt gets the job done.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

It was very easy to communicate with Vanderbilt. They were helpful. The reps were very informative and polite.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Communication with Vanderbilt was very good. The process was very easy. I would recommend them to other people.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

They were great during the whole process. The rep was very nice, responded to emails well, answered any questions I had, and made the process really easy for me.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Vanderbilt's loan process was very easy. I see everything now through the portal online, and I can do automatic payments, which makes it really easy as well.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Vanderbilt's application process was pretty much straightforward and easy. Getting the insurance was quite a real pain. Everybody kept messing something up. Somebody at Vanderbilt got the wrong address. It took three different tries. My wife was ready to pull her hair out before they finally got the insurance straightened out. She thought she straightened it out and then they forgot a period or used the wrong address. They had her use a Florida address, and that was wrong.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Working with Vanderbilt was easy. There was no hiccup. It was really quick. We got everything closed within two months. Their representatives were really great. I had Britney and Ashley. They were really quick to answer every question I had. Their response time was really fast. They were really nice.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

My experience working with Vanderbilt has been excellent. Everybody that I've talked to has been wonderful. Any questions that I have, they're always right on it and they always answer right off the bat. They're really friendly people, and they've been a very great company. The process went really good too. It was a lot quicker than them setting the house up.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Everything was fantastic with Vanderbilt. Communication is the key. Their rep was able to answer all of our questions, especially in a timely manner. If she didn't know what was going on, she always gets back to me.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Vanderbilt Mortgage was very helpful and was always there when we needed them. They've done very good. I would recommend them highly.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I would recommend Vanderbilt to other people. I was able to reach out and call them. It was very easy. Also, I like the reps.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

My experience with Vanderbilt was relatively positive. The communication during the loan process was continuous and I was not left in the dark. Working with their loan rep was good and I got moved around a couple of times. It was solely so that I could have somebody I could speak to on a regular basis. I appreciate the little welcome home thing that’s in there and letting me know when everything was getting started and keeping me up to date on everything.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

The people at Vanderbilt have been very wonderful to work with. Everybody was so helpful. Heather was right on top of things. As I would get things turned in, she was quick to answer questions. I would suggest for anybody to go through Vanderbilt. They've been very supportive of everything. The app was easy to use and work with. If things didn't work, emailing was easy.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I've never had any issues with Vanderbilt. Since I bought the house, I've had nothing but good people working with me, when I had questions. I sold my little brother the house, and everybody with Vanderbilt was awesome. They did everything in a timely manner, and the whole thing went better than I anticipated. I was expecting it to linger on for a little while, but everything went great for my little brother and for me. I have nothing to complain about with the service. The reps kept in touch with us and kept us updated. They did really good.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I enjoyed working with Vanderbilt very much. I was a first-time homebuyer and I was going into it blind, but I had some good people that helped me through all the steps I needed to go through. The timeframe was three weeks 'cause we had to do a lot of stuff, and the portal seemed to be very good. That helped me out a lot, and it was very convenient. I would tell friends to give Vanderbilt a shot and see if they can help them out with it ‘cause they really did good things for me. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I enjoyed working with Vanderbilt and the rep I had was patient. Every step of the way, they guided me through and talked to me when I was getting my loan for my home. I got into everything on their online portal and the process went really well.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

We worked with Chris and another gentleman. I didn't know what questions to ask, having never gone through it and Vanderbilt never communicated things to me, so I was counting on them to help me through it. And they have. The process was fine. If I had a question, I could contact Vanderbilt. However, if would have been wonderful if their process included sending an email to check your portal, that you have a message. I had a very nice experience when I called. There was some question about when our first payment would be and I called. I talked to a real person and she was extremely nice and helpful. So, that was a pleasant experience. Vanderbilt is trustworthy and I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Our experience with them was easy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

The rep let me know everything that I needed to get for her. She did very well. It was easy.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Vanderbilt is nice to work with. It took some time like everything else. But they went through fairly good. They treat me nice. Thank God the loan went through, and thank God I got Vanderbilt Mortgage.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

The whole process of being able to get my loan done was awesome. Vanderbilt kept me informed on everything. They kept in contact with me. They are great to work with. Go for it. I know some other people who went through Vanderbilt and they were happy with them.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

If I was more savvy on the computer, it would probably be way easier. But everything has been great so far.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Vanderbilt's reps were very helpful, prompt, and professional. We communicated through email and telephone. They would let me know what they need and I would give it to them then they would let me know they received it. The process went smoothly and it took a month and a half for me to get approved. Working with them changed my life a great deal for the good.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information