Call toll free
4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1956, Clayton Homes has been helping families build happiness through homeownership. We are committed to providing affordable, quality homes with a diverse range of builder offerings. Our homes include traditional, modular, tiny and manufactured homes, as well as apartments, military barracks and college dormitories. We are recognized as an innovator in our industry and pride ourselves on our integrity and reputation. Contact Clayton Homes today to own your own slice of the world to call home.

Clayton Homes Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1105 Clayton Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I was recommended to Clayton Homes and heard they're a great company. I appreciated that Clayton Homes did everything in their power to make sure that I got the home knowing they were busy. The sales people returned my calls if I wanted them to and would call to inform me when someone would come out. And they do come when they said they would. They were also excellent with the buying process, as far as getting help and getting to where I needed to be to get the house on the property. They were nice, convenient, and friendly too. I have the trailer for about nine months now and I'm up-to-date on my payment. However, they still haven't been out to finish it. Nevertheless, I love Clayton Homes and I still, to this day, recommend people over there 'cause I know every story is different.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Clayton Homes was great and my experience could not be better. It was very easy trying to decide what I liked and they got everything together for us. They went over everything very thoroughly. Everything went well. Also, the home is very big and nice. I like the 9-foot ceilings and that the techs come and fix little things that need to be fixed. They’ve been really kind, generous and helpful. If we have a complaint about anything, they’re on it. I’ve already recommended a couple of people to them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The application process at Clayton was easy and good. The whole process took about three weeks and the interaction with the rep went really well. He has a lot of knowledge and I was really comfortable working with him. He was prompt in returning phone calls and text messages. Working with Clayton was all good. It’s a good company and I’d recommend them.

Clayton Homes response

That's great, Wesley! Thank you so much for letting us know! We're so glad to hear that everything went well and that your rep did a great job. We appreciate that you'd recommend us! Congratulations on your new house!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

There's a Clayton place right where I lived before but I had a bad experience with them. So the manager of the park I live in now suggested I check out Clayton Homes of Ashland. And I'd recommend the salesman I got because he did real good with me. I liked him. I have a lot of health problems and I'm disabled. And he was nice and good to me. He did what he could do. They did their job and I put a bunch of money down.

They should have put other appliances in though. They put the cheapest thing in, a Frigidaire, and the whole stove gets hot when you run the oven. I don't think that stove needs to be in a mobile home 'cause they go up in flames so fast. And you have the top, the sides and the back of the stove against the wall. I wasn't happy cooking with it and I had to get a new stove on my own. Now I've got a stove sitting out underneath my pergola. They oughta come get that stove, which is brand-new, and they can put it somewhere else. But other than that, I haven't had any problems. Once you're done with them, they're done. You don't talk to them anymore, which is good.

Clayton Homes response

Beatrice, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're glad to hear that you had a good home buying experience at our Ashland location. Your feedback regarding the appliances is great for us to hear, and we'll be passing this along to the Home Building Facility. We'll see if there's anything that can be done about the stove you removed!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

My husband had three strokes and got some paralyzed hand and the side of his face. We lived in New Braunfels and I have two daughters down here in the Houston area who wanted us to come down here so they could help us out, which they do constantly. My eldest daughter, Priscilla, went looking for a house for us. I lived in a Clayton home for 23 1/2 years and I liked their service. I also liked the build of the home which was quite heavy. So, I told Priscilla that I wanted another Clayton home and that was what we got.

I looked at houses on the internet and looked for Clayton. Then I picked out one and I didn't wanna pay a whole lot for it because we're retired and this would be our last home. But Priscilla decided that I wouldn't like to live in the one that I had looked at, so she found another one. We paid $500 down and Clayton held the order for me until I had our old house sold. So when we came, we called Clayton and they brought the house out then set it up.

It has nine-foot ceilings, which is really nice, but it was designed by a man. It does not have a linen closet and doesn't have closets near the storage. I am now storing linens in every little crack and cranny. Compared to that, I had three walk-in closets in my other house and one of them was huge. The two closets in the two smaller bedrooms and in the master bedroom of our Clayton home are fairly decent ones but the storage is up in the top that I can barely reach the second shelf. It is the same thing with the cabinets in the kitchen and I can't get up on the stools anymore. I'm 85 years old. So, I have all this storage just sitting there empty.

Plus, the carpet is the ugliest I have seen in my life. It is army brownish and greenish, but I can I can live with that and replace that myself someday. I don't like the tub either. It is one of those big, long, deep, and soaking tubs. I've tried to bathe in it twice and I could hardly get out of it. I don't like showers but I now I take showers.

Other than that, I worked with Cruz at the place on 288 in Houston for this recent purchase and he was the nicest person. The manager and the lady that worked in the office, Jen, were also fantastic. I had some problems with the house after I got moved in it and they took care of everything. I would recommend them. They didn't design or build this house. They just sold it and the selling experience was very good.

When we bought the other Clayton home in October 1994, we went and bought it in Seguin, Texas at Luv Homes and the guy that sold it to us was super nice. He even took us to Waco to see some of the houses being built, so you can't get any better than that. But I looked at the pictures of them building now in Waco, and it is totally different. That 20-something years made a lot of difference.

Clayton Homes response

Dorothy, we appreciate you detailed feedback on your home and your home buying experience. Thank you so much! It's so nice that your daughters were anxious to help you all out, you raised them well! Your feedback regarding the design elements is very important and we will pass it along to our Home Building Group! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed working with Cruz and Jen, and we'll be sure to their team know as well. Congratulations on your new home!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clayton Homes?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The home buying process was easy and the people in the offices were very good. However, building the house took forever because Clayton Homes didn’t have enough people to do the construction. There were also a few things that needed to get done that they haven’t been able to. The countertops have bubbles in them and they were loose, and it was not a very good countertop. Also, the outdoor light in the back didn’t have a cover for it. It was just a light bulb. Then Clayton had to do little modifications because we had them put linoleum, and there were bubbles in the linoleum when we walk in certain areas or towards to the washroom. We had to move our cabinet because it would be shaking.

They said that they were waiting to get a contractor or something that they could hire that will be able to come and check the problems that we had. We moved in the middle of November 2017 after going through this process for a year and there were no workers for them to get things taken care of. A year is a long time to wait for our house to get done especially since all they gotta do is set it up and put it on. We had to stay in an apartment a lot longer than we were hoping to until this house was finished. It's been exasperating.

Clayton Homes response

Peter, we appreciate your feedback. We are going to be looking into the repairs you're waiting on and then a member of our Customer Advocacy Team will reach out to you directly.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Missy and Grant were good salespeople. My husband kept changing his mind but they had a lot of patience and they did all they could to help us. It took about eight months for us to get our home and we're satisfied with it. My kids and I have asthma and we burn the air 24/7. So I thought the utility bill was gonna be high but it wasn't. So I’m satisfied with that. We had a good experience with Clayton and I would recommend them to somebody else.

Clayton Homes response

That's great to hear, Patricia! Thank you so much for letting us know how enjoyable your home buying experience was! Buying a home is a big decision, so we understand your husband changing his mind! We'll be sure to pass along your praises of Missy and Grant as well!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

The actual home-buying process at Clayton was the easy part. We bought a lot model, which was a lot faster instead of having to wait another four months after the loan process so that made it a lot easier. However, we had some problems at the very end with the closing of the loan and some mistakes that the loan officer had made. We had a total of 66 acres and we were putting up 15 acres for sale, and they were to add the remaining balance I had on the land, which was 18,000, to the whole loan. At the end of the process, the guy that came out and estimated didn’t finish the whole process, and they didn’t put the land sale on there. So, we were $9,000 short. Now we have two payments instead of one. Aside from that loan process, everything else was fantastic. The houses are awesome. They are greatly built and the customization is really nice. Plus all the options are really good. We'd definitely pass on the word to others.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for your feedback, James! We are glad to hear the home buying process itself went well. However, we are sorry to hear about the setbacks with the financing aspect. This is great information for us to get from our customers to help us work with our lenders and better our processes. We appreciate your review and your business!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Clayton Homes has been around for a long time and I’ve never heard anything bad about them. They’re proud of their name. They also had exactly what we were looking for. They're energy-efficient and we thought it was cool that they offer financing. So it wasn’t a mom-and-pop trailer shop. These people know what they are doing and they’re successful at it, and there’s a reason why they’re successful. I drive by them everyday and I told my wife to go down there and pick a new trailer so she did. Then my granddad and I went there and told them which we wanted, and they've been taking care of us ever since.

They were coming from all corners, telling us that they did financing and this and that. But we told them not to worry about it and that we would take care of it. We wanted to get something without interest. In fact, that was the only way we could do it. We wanted where I could get it and get it for a cheap interest rate then I would still be able to get it paid off where I’m not paying too much interest. I took a loan out on my inheritance CDs then we paid cash for the house. We wrote Clayton Homes a check. Other than that, everybody was quick on the feet, trying to get us into a home as quick as possible. They were all kinds of help. But they knew there was no way they could’ve beat the interest rate I got, which was only 1%.

Clayton has been real good to me. Jamie and Lisa both get a hold of me from time to time and ask me if everything’s going good. Anytime that I've had problems, I've always called one of them and they've immediately gotten on the ball. There were problems with my air conditioner this summer. It wouldn’t wanna work. But it was a simple thing, a factory deal. However, I've got two small kids under four and John was quick to say, “Hey, we’ll get you to a motel room. We’ll take care of it.” They’ve been real loyal and they back themselves.

A lot of times you sign a piece of paper and people say they would do this and that but they don’t. They try to find a small crack where they can slip through to get out of it. But Clayton has never ever tried to veer away from responsibility. They’ve always been, “What do we need to do? We’ll do it.” It’s always been, “Whatever it takes,” and I like that. We actually plan on buying another trailer from them to put at my duck camp in Arkansas. I would also tell others to call them and go to Clayton.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for the positive and detailed feedback, Cole! We are thrilled to hear that your home buying experience went well and that you were able to get the home you wanted and pay for it how you wanted! It's also great to hear that John, Jamie, and Lisa all took such good care of you and your family. Congratulations on your new house!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I'm not too satisfied with Clayton Homes. The buying process was good but the communication with home consultant was not too good. I can’t get her to come out and can’t do anything. They got some issues that had to be taken care of and they hadn’t got back to me. When we first moved in we had a water leak from the pantry. It got into the insulation on the bottom of it in the house. They still haven’t done anything done about that. I got some citadel floor that was broken. I also got a screen door bent and a bubble in the floor. So I just contacted the dealership or where I bought the house. Other than that, as far as getting out and setting up everything, it’s okay.

Clayton Homes response

Harold, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your follow up service. A member of our Customer Advocacy Team will look into this and follow up with you.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I grew up in a Clayton Homes double wide. When we decided to buy or build, we looked and we could buy a house from Clayton as easy as we could build, so we decided to go with them. So far, everything has been good. The process from start to finish took three months and we were able to put a door from the bathroom to the laundry room off the master suite. We just have to call the dealership and see if they can come out and check to see why there's a spot in our living room that squeaks really bad when you step on it.

Also, doors won’t shut really well. Nevertheless, Clayton Homes has been very professional in everything they've done. The consultants have also been very pleasant, very entertaining and attentive to the questions and concerns we had. I've already recommended Clayton Homes and one of my friends has already bought a house from them.

Clayton Homes response

We're so glad to hear that you're happy and that you came back to Clayton after growing up in one of our homes! We appreciate the kind words! We're also going to follow up on the issue with your floor squeaking and the doors not shutting well. We'll let you know what we find out!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The rep at Clayton, David, was down to earth and someone who was willing to help when needed. He wasn't super aggressive and I was totally comfortable working with him. He would go to the factory, ask whoever it was he needed to talk to and get back to me promptly to answer my questions. Clayton Homes got me in the home I was looking for and I'm totally satisfied. They did a great job in presenting the product and we knew exactly what to expect, so it was a good experience.

Clayton Homes response

That's wonderful to hear, James! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your home buying experience. We're so glad to know you enjoyed working with David, and we'll definitely let him know. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Clayton's homes are well-built and I got good service where I was at. We’ve always been in a home and we still own one, but we were downsizing for me because I needed something smaller. This is the first time we’ve ever bought a trailer, and we paid cash for it. The consultant was very professional. He went through every detail with me. I had a few problems but they came right out and fixed it. I was very pleased with everything.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for the feedback, Jo! We're so glad to hear that everything went well with your home buying experience. We're pleased that you're pleased!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We had a mobile home, it was old and so we snowed it down. Clayton had an employee that needed help starting out, so we bought a home from them. They were really good at following up. They’d call us periodically to see if we got any problems pertaining to anything and they were more than happy to come out and fix it. Our consultant was very valuable. She even came in on her day off to help finalize everything that we wanted when we decided that was it.

We never had any experience with mobile homes putting it on a lot, and we had gone with the other one in Millington but they weren’t friendly and helpful. It was a large lot and they just sent us out there on our own. If we had any questions, we had to hunt somebody down. Then if we'd ask somebody a price, he'd come back with a price. If we'd ask somebody else, he'd come back with another price. Then one of my husband’s good friends who's got a lot of mobile trailer park home from Clayton, he went on sale with those so we got one. Overall, Clayton was great. If we buy another home, it’ll be from them.

Clayton Homes response

That's so great to hear, Sherry! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My experience with Clayton was the best. I worked with TJ and I felt real comfortable with him. He was excellent and you could tell he knew what he was doing. The application went pretty smoothly. I was told what I needed to get out and what they had to have. They were professional and overall the best people to work with. I’m very well-satisfied.

Clayton Homes response

We're flattered to hear that your experience was "the best", Jimmy! Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Clayton. We're glad that you enjoyed working with TJ and we will pass along your praises to his team! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I went in at Clayton Homes and Sandy was the sales representative that I met there. She went over everything and showed me everything that I needed to do, and it worked. Every part of the process was explained before it happened. What I didn’t understand, she explained. She was right there through the whole process, which was easy. I was impressed with her general positive attitude. Even the delivery process was nice.

Clayton Homes response

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed working with Sandy, Lee! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how well your home buying experience went. We'll be sure to pass along your praises of Sandy to her and her team!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We were driving through Wilkesboro and we’ve been thinking about Clayton Homes for some time. We decided to stop in and see them. When we started talking to the lady, she realized quickly that we were very serious in buying a house and she didn’t beat around the bush. She treated us nicely and we were extremely satisfied with her. A lot of times I did not understand a lot of things that they were talking about. All I had to do was call and ask her, and she would spell it out. She would go into a lot of detail about the certain thing that was going on. She didn’t cut around the bush, she told us what it was and that helped us make a better decision.

The whole setup took three months and for the quality, it’s a fair price for $48,000. We didn’t get any choice on the wallpaper and flooring but we did on the vinyl siding and shutters. It was not a top paid or top cost material, but for the price, it was done finely. Right now, we are in the year of service after it was finished and it’s a hassle to get them to come out. I understand that maybe they are pressed for time and they have other people that they have to get to, but we have things that need to be fixed and adjusted in our house. The door in the bathroom has had holes in it since they brought it. They replaced one door but they didn’t bring the second one. I appreciate all the hard work that everybody has done so far, but I wish that we can get somebody to come out from time to time. Still, I would recommend Clayton Homes.

Clayton Homes response

We appreciate your feedback, Anthony. A member of our Customer Advocacy Team is going to follow up on the repairs that you are still needing and see what can be done on our end to speed things up. Congratulations on your new home!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

There have been problems at my Clayton home as far as some bathroom leaking, so they've had to come back and repair those issues. However, their guy Vincent is very slow to respond. Even the management can’t get him to respond. Also, I’ve been following up on the issues that have been out of the rep’s control and he’s just forwarding them to their service department. Their service lets it skip for months, so I've been without a bathroom that long. Plus, the house is now not level. I had to put a level on the house, take pictures and show it to Clayton so that they could see the issue. But overall, my experience has been good. Clayton Homes does the best they can and they're working on their issues.

Clayton Homes response

Hi Windsor, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the delays in getting your repairs done! A member of our Customer Advocacy will follow up with you directly for more information.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I went through Clayton Homes in Easley and the gentleman that works there has done an excellent job. I was in need of a home right then, and he got the process started and had me in a home within three weeks. I couldn't ask for anything better than that when I was having to sleep in my truck. I also like the home and it's what I needed for the time. It's for me and my son and it works out good.

However, there was always something wrong once they got it set up like a door was not shutting right, and the people they had to come out were excellent. They were out there in no time, fixing these problems I've had. I called them out to replace the floor one time. They came out and the guy that they used had a technique to fix the floor without taking it up, and the vinyl looks brand-new. I couldn't even tell anything was wrong with it. If others are marketing for a mobile home, that's where they need to go. I had a couple of other places and it was nothing but a joke. All they were worried about was money, but Clayton wasn't. Their concern was getting me in a home and that's all that mattered.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I found Clayton Homes through a friend and the home buying process went fine. It was good dealing with the consultant but some of the crew who brought the house in did it on a rainy day and it made a bunch of rips in the land. They had problems with it and they put it in at a bad time. The people that built the house could have done a better job, but it was okay. I had everything fixed that needs to be fixed on it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We were provided a defective refrigerator freezer with our double wide and thanks to Clayton Homes we were denied the warranty which also denied us the extended warranty. Don't buy any home from them. Don't stand behind what they sell.

Clayton Homes response

We're sorry to hear about your experience, Bonita. A member of our Customer Advocacy Team will be reaching out to you for more information on your situation.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I bought a single-wide from Clayton Homes and wanted to start a payoff in short order. Their process was easy and they definitely went out of their way to accommodate everything that I thought was important. Abby, the rep I worked with, was very sweet and nice. She thoroughly explained everything and did her best to put up with me. Moreover, she was willing to work around my schedule. Sometimes I’d go for days without calling her and she’d say she'd talk to me when she'd talk to me.

Clayton Homes response

We're thrilled to hear that your home buying experience went so well and that you enjoyed working with Abby, Joshua! We're definitely going to let her know and her team know that you are singing her praises! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I’m really satisfied with Clayton Homes. They explained everything that I needed to know and the process took two weeks to get everything squared away and approved. Brenda, my home consultant, went over the trailer with me. She was very professional in what she was doing and took very good care of me. Once, it was winter time and I thought Clayton could put something down with the ground exposed but they couldn’t get out here as quick as they could. However, the center of the ground piled up enough to do what needed to be done and it didn't take them time to get it done. Brenda worked well with that.

Clayton Homes response

We're so thrilled to hear that you loved working with Brenda, Ronald! We'll be sure to pass along your praises to her and her team! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us and congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I made the mistake of visiting a dealer's lot just to view a trailer similar to the one I wanted to buy. It was a four bedroom and I wanted a two bedroom. The people at the dealership were not the least friendly or helpful. I did not ask them about ordering me the two bedroom model. I visited another dealer to order the trailer I wanted, and when they found out I had been to the other dealer, they told me they would not help me. I tried two more dealers and got the same response. The rejection of my business was not immediate at any of the three. Apparently they have a way to check the other dealers for the names of potential customers. I was even quoted a delivered and set up price by the last one before they told me their manager said not to deal with me.

Updated on 09/19/2018: Clayton reply: "DISPUTED". In other words, there is indeed "Honor Among Thieves".

Clayton Homes response

We're sorry to hear about your experience at several of our location, Charles. A member of our Customer Advocacy Team will reach out to you for more information.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We called on Thursday to see when they was going to do the walkthrough. They said they was getting ready to call the FHA people so it would be the beginning of this week. We call again today because nobody called or showed up. They told us they called the FHA people on Friday and usually takes 24-48 hrs to get someone to do the walkthrough. I'm sick to death of Clayton Homes lying to us. They should of had these people already scheduled. Because the A/C people put the A/C in last Tuesday. I will never recommend this place to anybody. They don't care about there customers on the money.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I went through several Claytons and I would start off telling them where I plan on putting the house and what I was gonna be doing. All of the other ones were selling me a higher end house that isn't my style and wouldn't fit in with what I was trying to do. I had specifics in mind of what I needed and I wanted the side door to come into like a mud room, utility room and have the master off of that. I'd put my house on a working farm in the middle of hayfield and I would be coming in and out with muddy boots and things like that.

I finally decided to work with the ones in Farmville that seemed to have it together, and they've been working together for a long time so they knew exactly what I was looking for. They didn't try to sell me something I didn't need or want and it was awesome. The application process was very fast and we continued going forward with taking up different features for the house that I was gonna get. It was great. When I was talking to Lisa, she knew what I was gonna need and didn't show me anything that wasn't gonna fit with what I was looking for. There was a house on the lot that was the house I selected and it was perfect.

I got in to where I wanted to live a lot faster than I would have had to in going through fixed loans and I don't have to have a construction loan and several closings, which was also helpful. From the beginning, I was told where I wanted to put the house was a bit of a challenge, but they got it done. The team I worked with in Farmville was amazing and awesome. I couldn't have asked for better service and I've already recommended to several people.

Clayton Homes response

That's so great to hear, Amy! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your home buying experience and about how well it went at our Farmville location! It's so great to know that you were able to get exactly what you wanted and needed. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We bought a home through Clayton and our experience was exceptional. Their associates had exceptional communication and they knew exactly what was going on. Every staff in that office has gone above and beyond to help us out on this deal and answer any question that arose at the time. Among them was Sherry and we called her if there was something wrong. Then she called somebody out to take care of it. We started working with them in September of last year then we moved in around February of this year. We are also very pleased with our electricity bill on our Clayton home. It’s everything that was advertised on it. Also, through our contractor friend, we are adding and still completing two decks, one on the back and one on the front.

Clayton Homes response

How wonderful, Kenneth! We're thrilled to hear how happy you are! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We'll be sure to pass along your praises to Sherry and her team! We pride ourselves on building energy efficient homes, so we love hearing that you're enjoying that benefit! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I could have moved a lot sooner than what I did when I went to look at the property had the refinance been a little bit quicker. But it wasn't Clayton's fault because they couldn’t move forward until they got the okay from the financial part. I felt like the banks dragged their feet from one thing to another. Clayton gave me six different ones which I was kinda dumbfounded to all of them. I went with Cascade which was based in Arizona, and I thought that was what took so long. However, the consultant was willing to help. Overall, I'm satisfied.

Clayton Homes response

We're so glad to hear that overall you're satisfied, Leota! The financing can be complicated and time consuming, but thank you for sticking with us. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

We purchased a Clayton home from Marty Wright Home Sales in Pageland Sc... We live in York Sc. It has been one thing after another! There is standing water under our home... We have had electrical issues... and pages of repairs. They send unprofessional people to make the repairs and do them in a half-**manner. We find new things daily. :( Clayton Homes are cheaply made and I regret making this purchase. I don’t feel safe in this house because of the electrical issues we have had and if anything ever happens to my family Clayton homes will be shut down! I’ll make sure of that!

Clayton Homes response

Hi Jessica, we are sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your home. A member of our Customer Advocacy Team will reach out to you for more information.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Clayton Homes' reps made the buying process super easy to deal with and works with me. Tommy was very knowledgeable. I gave him an idea of what I wanted and they showed me several. Then, we would go in and I would look. If I didn't like it, they would look at another one until we found one that I like. I'm grateful because they were great. It was a pleasure to do business with them.

Clayton Homes response

It's a pleasure having you as our customer, Michelle! Thank you so much for the kind words. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed working with Tommy and we'll be sure to pass along your praises to both him and his team!

Clayton Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

Clayton Homes specializes in affordable, quality-built modular and manufactured homes. It offers floor plans for a wide variety of home sizes and styles, from tiny homes to 4 bedroom houses.​ Their homes are all designed and manufactured in the United States.

• Range of home types: Clayton builds traditional site built homes, modular homes, manufactured homes and tiny houses.

• Offers trade-ins: Customers can trade in their current home for a new manufactured home in order to save on costs.

• Homes with basements are available: Clayton Homes can be ordered with a full basement.

• Model homes available in most locations: Users can visit a Clayton Home Center to see model homes or set up a tour. Visit their website to find a home center near you.

• Environmentally friendly: Clayton has received an ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification for green building standards.

• Customizable options: Homebuyers with specific needs can get a custom-built home.

• Best for: Clayton Homes is best for people on a budget, buyers with time constraints and people with special needs.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Clayton Homes Company Information