4.73/5
Based on 614 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1956, Clayton Homes has been helping families build happiness through homeownership. We are committed to providing affordable, quality homes with a diverse range of builder offerings. Our homes include traditional, modular, tiny and manufactured homes, as well as apartments, military barracks and college dormitories. We are recognized as an innovator in our industry and pride ourselves on our integrity and reputation. Contact Clayton Homes today to own your own slice of the world to call home.

Clayton Homes Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 20, 2018

823 Clayton Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 20, 2018

Back in June 2017, we came to the Clayton Homes dealer in Carlsbad, NM. We have had it rough with the whole purchasing a home, but our lender had recommended that we try with Clayton because they had a program going on that would cover the construction loan of the home as long as our lender approved us for the permanent mortgage. We went there, and they agreed that they would cover the construction loan of the modular home we wanted. So fast forward to October 31, 2017, we got our approval, and our lender sent over the information from the title company to begin construction. Well, two months went by and nothing was said by Clayton or by our lender.

Finally on December 29, 2017, we contacted Clayton and they said our lender sent the wrong paperwork over and that they were waiting to hear back from our lender. So I contacted my lender and told them what Clayton had told me. So my lender reaches out to them and then a long e-mail war between our lender and Clayton ensued. It got so bad that Clayton corporate and our lender's corporate had to get involved. Basically, we were told by Clayton that we had to get a construction loan on our own, because "the program for Clayton covering the construction loan had ended, and they are not sure when it exactly ended". To get the construction loan through our lender, we had to sell our previous home first to move forward, which we did. Our lender also offered to do the construction at 10% down instead of the traditional 20% because they were the ones who referred us to Clayton in the first place.

Due to the size of my family (6 person) and the cost of building being so high in my area, we don't have many other options that are affordable to get what we want and need. It would have been nice to be told upfront about us needing to get the construction loan in the beginning, so at least then we could have either chosen to do something else, or get done what we needed and not had so much time pass thinking we were good to go.

Instead, here we are almost a year later and after jumping through a bunch of hoops, we are still waiting to be in our new home, and unsure how much more the whole experience is going to cost us in the end (Clayton is having to get an updated price agreement completed because it took us three months to sell our old home to get the liquid assets that our lender requires for us to put down for the loan and have for incidentals of the construction). All I have to say, is please be sure you know exactly what you are getting into before you start the whole loan process.

Tanja,

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your home buying experience. We strive to provide a world class customer experience, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer advocacy team to contact you to learn more about your experience.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I went from a 3,300 square foot house into a mobile home to save money to build later and I thought it would be a little more energy-efficient. I was heating and cooling a bigger house for less so that was disappointing. Also, for a person that has never bought a mobile home before, it was a wakeup call because of the added expenses of getting it on your property and I didn’t really understand all of the added stuff that you were gonna have to do to. But the consultant from Clayton Homes walked me through that and I have had no problem with them at all. They’ve been great and they’ve tried to address every issue that I had. I’m just more disappointed in the product and I expected something different than what I got but overall, my experience was fantastic.

Clayton Homes response

James, we're sorry to hear the home isn't what you expected energy efficiency wise. This type of feedback is helpful for us and we will pass it along to the appropriate parties. As far as your experience buying the home, we're happy to hear it went well.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Freedom Homes, which was a part of Clayton Homes, had the plan that I was looking for. They walked me through everything, told me exactly what was gonna happen and how it was gonna happen and work. It took a little longer than I thought it was going to and afterward, there were some problems with the maintenance on it. They had to send the guy back two or three times but he finally got it all worked out. The consultant was helpful and every time I called with a problem, he made sure he got right on it. The process was great and I would tell friends to go to Clayton. As a matter of fact, I’ve referred them to my nephew.

Clayton Homes response

Shari, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're glad to hear that your home buying process went well. We apologize that it took a little longer than expected and that there were some maintenance issues, but it sounds like it all worked out. Thank you for referring your nephew as well, we appreciate it! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had an idea of what I was looking for when I went to Clayton's showrooms. But looking at all the models they had available, I found the one that stood out and picked that one. I had good interactions with their home consultants and they answered all the questions I had. I was very satisfied with their home buying process and the house I got is a whole different than what I remember mobile homes used to be. It's very good quality and I like the built-in front porch on it which is a really nice feature. Overall, it was a good experience and an easy transaction.

Clayton Homes response

We're so glad to hear how well your home buying experience went, Nathan! Thank you for taking the time to share. We're happy to know you're enjoying the home itself as well. We hope you continue to enjoy that front porch for many years to come!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Corey, the Clayton Homes home consultant, was great, very helpful, and very friendly. Even on his days off, if I needed something or him to take a look at something, he would meet with me. He explained the whole aspect of my home purchase really well. He went over everything that I would need to know about the purchase, why it cost that, what it was, and the warranty and what would and wouldn't be covered. Each specific thing that had a process, he explained to me. The best thing about them is how fast they are and especially how nice they are because they always were super polite. It took just three months from the time I talked to them to the time that I moved in. And any time I needed something, they always got right on it for me. I really needed to get in and they did that for me.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, Mary! We're so glad to hear how well your home buying experience went and about how much you enjoyed working with Corey. We'll be sure to pass along your praises of him!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clayton Homes?

Original review: May 15, 2018

We were pleased with Clayton's home buying process. They kept us informed of what was going on and when things were gonna be happening. They also made sure that we were happy with the trailers and what we looked at. They were very patient with us, too, because we’re in our 50s and 60s and this is our first time to but a trailer. We went back and forth on different ones until we were sure that we knew what we wanted. And they were really very good with us on that.

Everybody at Clayton was phenomenal and really good to work with. I have recommended people there. We worked with Brian and David. Brian was the one that helped us the most while David was just there to kinda oversee everything. Brian was very knowledgeable and he explained everything to where it makes sense to us. If there was something that he wasn’t very positive about, he went to David and said this was what we needed to know and came back to us with it. Jackie, the construction worker, was really awesome as well. She came to us and walked us through with everything.

Clayton Homes response

Sally, we're thrilled to hear how well your home buying experience went! Buying a home is a major life event, and we understand the importance of taking your time to be sure of the home you're buying. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We'll be sure to pass along your praises of Brian, David, and Jackie! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 14, 2018

The home consultant I talked to was great. He did a fantastic job and showed me the home and also helped me get it set-up. The process wasn't very long. Clayton did a very good job. And I had one of my family members go up to them. They were looking to buy a mobile home. And I said, "Look, if I were you, I'd go talk to Frank. He's with Clayton Homes in Wilkesboro. See what kind of job he does for you." Frank must have done a good job for he sold them one.

Clayton Homes response

Wow! Thank you SO much for the positive review and for referring one of your family members to us! We are flattered, Randall. It's so nice to know you had such a great home buying experience in Wilkesboro with Frank! We'll be sure to pass along your praises!

Original review: May 13, 2018

The person who helped me at Clayton Homes was great. He answered all my questions and did everything for me. He's even met me sometimes when I couldn't make it over there. It took two months for me to get my home but at that point in time, we were experiencing a lot of bad weather. They said if the winds are over a certain speed, it's too dangerous to drive out. It was not worth the risk. So it took a while but besides that, I was satisfied with the time. Afterwards, I had them come to touch up on a few minor things. But they were moving a house about 50 miles so I knew that there was gonna be like little vinyl popping. So I totally understood that. They came and took care of it. I didn't have any leaks and everything was good.

I bought the house that was like a demo version. It was on the lot for a year so there were a few minor things in it that I would have liked a little bit better. But I did buy it as is and they gave me a good deal on it. But one part of the floor in the laundry room had a tear in it and they said that they were gonna seal it with some kind of enamel or abrasive seal. But they never came to do that one even though they did fix the floor in my bathroom. I ended up covering it with a piece of clear tape. It wasn't a big tear but it was in a bad spot and those little tears eventually turn into something big if you drag your foot over. I just wish that they would have done something for that.

One of the movers also forgot to put on one of the anchors. I have 36 anchors but only 35 of them are connected. They were supposed to come to do that but they never came out. But I'm not really worried about one anchor. Overall, everything was good. Everybody was pretty on their toes and quick to go out there and fix things. If I wanted it to be perfect, there were some things that I would have liked them to do but for what I've got and what I've seen, it wasn't bad at all. The little minor things don't really bother me at all.

Clayton Homes response

Alexx, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! We're glad to hear that your home buying process went well and that you're happy with the home overall. A member of our Customer Advocacy Team is going to follow up on the few issues you mentioned and then we will be in touch. Thanks again for the positive review!

Original review: May 13, 2018

Buying a home with Clayton was pretty easy. Sharon, the lady who helped us, was really good. She let us know everything that was going on and exactly what we needed. Initially, we knew that we were getting a four bedroom but she helped us get the best one we could get in our budget. I like the cabinets in my new home. They’re pretty good quality and very pretty. I lived in a run-down single wide before, so, this house is amazing for me and I’m very pleased with this Clayton home. If I had friends that were looking for a house, I would refer them to Sharon.

Clayton Homes response

That's so wonderful to hear, Renee'! We're so glad that you enjoyed your home buying experience and working with Sharon. We'll be sure to pass along your praises of her! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your new home (and those cabinets you like so much)!

Original review: May 12, 2018

My husband told me one day to look for a trailer. I brought my dad and we went to a couple of other places. We went at Clayton and Ms. Karen was our home consultant. The other places said they were gonna talk to us and they were just like, "Just go look at these trailers. Tell me if you like them. If you do, we'll do a deal." But Ms. Karen was there every trailer I looked at and told me all about the trailers. I love her to death. The one we got was energy efficient smart home which we got for our Anniversary. And she showed me another one at a breeze. This one was a better home and it was only a few thousand dollars more. And I like it a lot better than the other one because it had a lot more stuff for our money.

On the day that we went at Clayton, we saw one we like and they got the ball rolling. And within a couple of days, we were approved. We waited for the new one to come in and we've been in here ever since. It was a fast process. They had my trailer that I wanted coming in. So, it was only like a seven-week process because they had to come from the manufacturer. After a month or two that we were in, Ms. Karen would text and she would say, "Are you all loving your home? If you need anything, let me know," like a service person would do. Also, they did my six-month inspection not too long ago and everything went good. After we first moved in, it took a while for the manufacturer to come in and do what they had to do when they do a walk through, and it didn’t even take them much time to get here and do that. It was awesome and I would recommend them to anybody.

Clayton Homes response

Music to our ears, Mary! It's fantastic hearing how happy you are with both your home and your home buying experience. We will be sure to pass along your praises of Karen, too! Congratulations on your new home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Original review: May 11, 2018

My husband and I decided that we needed to buy a mobile home and having absolutely no experience with mobile homes before, we went a dealership in Austin. I told the salesperson my budget and he showed me the Breeze model. The second bedroom looks more like a closet than a bedroom, but it met my price parameters and so I signed with them. It was a pretty easy deal. But when we went back to close on the transaction, the salesperson called me ahead of time to tell me that they couldn't get our paperwork right. Their computer system wouldn't allow us to take title in the name of a trust. So we had to come to their office next Tuesday instead of that Friday. My husband and I both had to take off work to get there and it was a little bit of a drive. But we still went to their office to set it up.

I got there before my husband did and I reviewed the documents but they still weren't right. Not only was the name not right but the model number on the model home wasn’t the same on all the pages. I'm a loan officer so I'm a little bit more savvy than most borrowers or buyers. The salesperson told me that they were working on it. But when I asked to do a walk-through of the mobile home, he told me that people don't do that usually. I really wanted to do it so he went out there and my husband basically had to put his hands so I can step on his hands and get me up into the model home because they didn’t have any stairs out there. So I had to climb up into the model home, then walked through it and it didn’t look real pretty.

When the paperwork got back, they still couldn't fix it so we told them that we would just call them. But it didn't sit well with me. The salesperson called me the next day and showed me the Anniversary model floor plan and asked me if I liked it better. I told him yes and he said he could give it to me for the same price. It sounded good but I told him that I have to talk to my husband first and will just call him the next day. When I talked to my husband about it, he wanted us to shop around because these people didn't seem to have their act together.

I kept on shopping all over the state and I got different responses from different people. And then I called the Clayton Homes dealership in Cedar Creek and Valerie was really good. She listened to me. I told her I already saw the Breeze and I really didn't like it, but I really liked the Anniversary model and I told her the amount that I was willing to pay for it. She talked to her sales manager and told me that they could do it. So I bought the check that afternoon and I paid for the Anniversary model in cash. When I went to sign the paperwork a few days later, everything was perfect. And they didn’t let me sign the papers until I walked through.

They didn’t even know the experience that I've been through. But they already had the stairs ready. And they said they always walk through and they wouldn't want us to sign the papers if we didn’t know what we were buying. I just glanced through it and everything looked okay to me. When they delivered the mobile home, their delivery guy was awesome. They sent the touch-up guy out here and everything happened the way they said it was going to happen so I was very pleased with their service.

But there were some blemishes on the walls that should have been fixed and after we moved into this model home, the clothes interfere with the closet door in the master bedroom. So you can't open and close it without having to move the clothes out of the way. That door should have opened outward so that you can use the whole closet space. And I brought that to Valerie's attention and initially she said that was the way it was designed. I told her that somebody should reinstall this door correctly and they should do it for free because I brought it to their attention and it was a design flaw. She emailed me back a couple of weeks later and said that she would send somebody out here and I never heard back from her. But as far as the quality of the mobile home, it's great and it's very comfortable.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Dorothy. We're sorry that things didn't work out at the first Home Center you started with, but are glad to hear the next Home Center was able to help you. A member of our Customer Advocacy Team will follow up with you more information on the issues you're still having.

Original review: May 10, 2018

The home buying process we went through with Clayton Homes was really good and easy. There was no hard times and the guy we had took really good care of us. His name is Jeremy and he would always email us and always call us if something came up. He was great and we didn’t have to worry about anything.

Clayton Homes response

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your home buying experience and working with Jeremy. Thanks for letting us know, Melissa! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 10, 2018

I’ve known about Clayton Homes, seen them growing and I know where their location was. Also, Palm Harbor ain’t worth a dollar and that’s the only other one around so I decided on Clayton. I didn’t have a problem with the home buying process and the consultant was professional. He let us know everything that we needed to know and it was easy communicating with him. Quality-wise, it is pretty good and I would tell people to go there and get themselves a new home.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Joshua! We're happy that you chose Clayton and that your home buying experience went so well. Congratulations on your new house!

Original review: May 9, 2018

Clayton Homes' consultants were very helpful and their application process was not very long. I would recommend them and I already have.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you for the positive feedback, Karen! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 9, 2018

We went to Clayton in Johnson City and found a home on a lot there. And then, we went in one Saturday and made up our mind that we were gonna buy a home. They talked to us and kept telling us to come back but we got aggravated and left. We stopped at Elizabethton the year before when my son was looking for a house and Jerry, the manager, spent an hour with us walking around. He was good to us, even though we were just looking and we weren't buying anything. I remembered that, so we rode there and we looked at their lot. It’s good that it was same thing we wanted. I told him I fell in love with that one and he said they can auction it out and get it. They took care of it. He took the time to deal with it and he wasn't pushy. He was also a down-to-earth guy.

Anytime I walk in down there, he bends over backwards to talk and see what's going on. If I need to talk to him or if we send him a message or give him a call, he’s usually right back with us and got the schedule right out. The home buying process with Clayton was flawless, everything went smoothly and I loved it. They did it in a timely manner. We ordered the home and we were in it in 30 days. Outside, there was some sheetrock trouble but that’s normal when you move a house. Also, we can’t put a heat pump so we had a log burner which I fixed last week. Other than that, the quality of the build is great and I would recommend it.

Clayton Homes response

Ernest, thank you so much for taking the time to share that feedback with us! We're sorry things didn't work out at our Johnson City location, but we're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed working with Jerry in Elizabethton. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 8, 2018

My home consultant, Adam, was really wonderful with me. He got what we needed and helped with it in every way. So I'm really satisfied with what we got. And when I went in and explained what our problem was and what we needed Adam went out and showed me a couple of things. Then he came back and they didn't have exactly what I wanted. They had to get it somewhere else. But he ordered it, got it here and they set it up. Adam checked on me a couple of times to make sure everything's alright. I told him I had a little one switch but he told me when I am ready to get it fixed, to just call him. And everything went really well. I'm real pleased and happy with it.

Clayton Homes response

That's so wonderful, Peggy! We're thrilled to hear how well everything went and how much you enjoyed working with Adam. We'll be sure to pass along your praises. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 8, 2018

My sister bought at Greenwood and she enjoyed the experience and her standard project. But all the places my sister went to wasn’t the greatest and then, Palm Harbor threw me off so I ended up with Clayton. Our home consultant at Clayton Homes went out and did everything for me so I could get the house. As of July, I had processed and I could choose but my credit score wasn’t that great. She fixed my credit up and raised it.

There were a lot of things that they have bad at the factory. They put a nail to the main water line and I got my dad to fix it since he’s a retired plumber but he’s still certified. Also, some of the fittings on the drain line were not tight. I got a washing machine and it’s a good thing that I checked it. That was on the wall of the sheetrock because I noticed it was a little damp, if I didn't check it, that would have been worse. Clayton had to come out and fix the sheetrock as well as the floor which was off a little bit. Otherwise, the house and the overall experience was great.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you for the positive review, Dustin! We're glad to hear that everything worked out so well.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We have been very satisfied with Clayton Homes. The home consultant was very friendly. They were very willing to help and answer any questions we have. And any issues we have had they had come out and corrected them. We are very pleased with our new home.

Clayton Homes response

That is great to hear, Amanda! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how pleased you are with your new home!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Everybody was good and cooperative during the home buying process at Clayton and it was easy. It was also a little slow getting everything done but I understood that. I talked to Frank, the consultant, we went and looked at it and I liked it. He set up all the procedures and processes and lined up all the work to be done. He did a great job. If anybody wants to buy a home, I would recommend them and the guy I talked to because they have done me good. I’d tell my friends that they were friendly, courteous and they explained to me all the questions I asked them. They also fixed and took care of the things I was concerned with.

Clayton Homes response

We sincerely appreciate the kind words, Harold! Thank you so much for taking the time to share. We're happy to hear that your home buying experience went so well. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 6, 2018

The home consultant at Clayton explained everything well. They told us everything we needed to know. We made customizations on different walls and a couple of the chairs. Everything seems to be alright so far. So check them up. They've been good.

Clayton Homes response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Chris! We're glad to hear everything went well. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 6, 2018

It was very easy home buying process that Clayton Homes had. The staff at the particular office I went to in Greer, South Carolina were exceptional especially Brian. They were not just a sales team as they went out of their way to create a relationship, making you a friend instead of just a customer. I would really recommend Clayton Homes to anyone.

Clayton Homes response

That's great, Krista! We're SO glad to hear how well your home buying experience went with our Greer location and how much you enjoyed working with Brian. Thank you for letting us know! Congratulations on your new house!

Original review: May 6, 2018

Everything went smoothly during the home buying process with Clayton Homes and it was exceptional. I had no complaints, whatsoever, about anybody out there. It took five months from beginning to end but it was hold up on our part. Our consultant was great and I am 100% satisfied. I was completely comfortable talking to him. He was very outgoing and related to us. The build was exactly what we were looking for. We got a different shower put in than what came originally with the show house and I couldn't be happier with the shower in the master bathroom. A couple of guys that I worked with are in the process of buying a house and I told them to definitely check Clayton out because they were great.

Clayton Homes response

That's so wonderful to hear, Chance! We appreciate you taking the time to share your home buying experience with us. We're also flattered that you recommended your coworkers come see us. Thanks so much! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Michelle, the consultant from Clayton Homes, was willing to work with us and I enjoyed it. I felt very comfortable and she was very nice to us just like her manager who was a good fellow. If I was in need of another mobile home or if I wanted to upgrade, I could see both of them. It took three months to complete the home buying process and it was very good.

Clayton Homes response

That's great to hear, Danny! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your home buying experience with us. We're glad that Michelle took such good care of you!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Clayton Homes reps were resourceful and helpful in every way especially the salesman. They were much more friendly and willing to work than most other places we looked. We just sold our house and moved up here. So, we bought this one for a temporary purpose and it has definitely served us. We plan on definitely using Clayton again because of their customer service. The home consultant was super friendly, easygoing and willing to call me at times, day in or day off to show us. I'm pleased with everything, so far. I would definitely recommend them.

Clayton Homes response

We're pleased that you're pleased, Tyler! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us how well your home buying experience went. We're especially flattered that you'd recommend us! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Clayton Homes walked me around, showed me houses, buy me land, done the whole nine yards. They were good to deal with and the price was pretty good. They got me what I needed and wanted. I've recommended them a couple of times.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Daniel! We also sincerely appreciate you recommending us to people you know. Congratulations on your new home!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 4, 2018

The house I bought from Clayton Homes was already on the lot and I was really disappointed in the amount of time it took for us to get in it. And that was not a financing issue. I was having to get out there with the branch manager almost daily to get stuff done. Our sales guy, Jim, was fine. But I didn’t feel it's my place to have to call them two or three times a week to get stuff done and that's exactly what was happening. They had people out here working 10, 11 o'clock at night, which that's fine. I wanted to get in the house but I didn’t think it was fair to those guys either.

There was also just lack of coordination. I had electricians out here putting signs up on the house so they could do their job and then the air condition people came to set the heat pump but the house hadn’t even been back-filled. And there was a main line up in the ceiling running from the front of the house to the back, that they didn’t hook up so they basically had to clamp through the cross base to hook it up. That should have been done when they assembled the house.

Their service manager was out here. He was helping them get into the roof to do it and everything's been resolved. We're happy with the house. Our biggest complaint was just the amount of time it took. The process could have been a little speedier.

Clayton Homes response

Hi Ronald! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that the process took longer than expected. We'll be sure to pass this information along to the necessary parties. However, we are glad to hear that you are happy with the home itself. Thank you for letting us know!

Original review: May 4, 2018

A lot of the times when I asked Clayton Homes' rep stuff she wouldn't do it. But the manager, JP, always covered and took care of everything. He always helped me out when I needed, like if she'd messed up on something. I was very satisfied. I had an excellent home buying experience.

Clayton Homes response

Brenda, thank you for taking the time to review your home buying experience. We're glad to hear that JP was able to get everything worked out for you!

Original review: May 4, 2018

Schell was the main person at Clayton and we also worked with Lucy. They were both very helpful and nice and I have no complaints with the home buying process. I would recommend them to a friend and tell them that the service at Clayton Homes is good and they welcome you to look at any of their homes that are on display as many times if need be.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Sharon! We're so glad to hear that your home buying experience went well and that you are pleased with Schell and Lucy. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 3, 2018

My aunt had bought from Clayton Homes and she told me to go try them as well. We knew what we were looking for and we were completely satisfied with the home consultant. We love the quality of our Clayton home. Clayton is excellent and I've already recommended them to a few people.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you for the great review, Donna! We're flattered that your aunt referred you to us, and even more flattered that you've also recommended us to friends! We're happy to hear you and your aunt are so satisfied.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We like our home and the way it was appointed. Also, the service we got from the Clayton dealer here was exemplary. Jesus was our sales rep and he was on top of everything. We were very pleased with him. He did a great job. The lot where we had the home put needed some work on it before they could put it in. And we had to hold up on the delivery, but they had no problems doing that. And then, once we did get it on here, they jumped right on it and took care of getting the gas lines and water lines and everything put in real quick.

Marcus, the gentleman that did all the late work, did all the set up inside and he also did a great job. There were a few things that didn’t make the trip and he got them replaced very quickly for us. This is Winter Glen, we don't know anyone. So, it was up to the mobile home park to be ready when everything was delivered. And the guys who delivered it were exceptionally fantastic to hole this and to get it in the spot the first time.

Clayton Homes response

We're so pleased to hear how well your home buying experience went, Marcha! Thanks so much for taking the time to share. It sounds like everyone you worked with along the way did a great job. Congratulations on your new home!

Clayton Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

Clayton Homes specializes in affordable, quality-built modular and manufactured homes. It offers floor plans for a wide variety of home sizes and styles, from tiny homes to 4 bedroom houses.​ Their homes are all designed and manufactured in the United States.

• Range of home types: Clayton builds traditional site built homes, modular homes, manufactured homes and tiny houses.

• Offers trade-ins: Customers can trade in their current home for a new manufactured home in order to save on costs.

• Homes with basements are available: Clayton Homes can be ordered with a full basement.

• Model homes available in most locations: Users can visit a Clayton Home Center to see model homes or set up a tour. Visit their website to find a home center near you.

• Environmentally friendly: Clayton has received an ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification for green building standards.

• Customizable options: Homebuyers with specific needs can get a custom-built home.

• Best for: Clayton Homes is best for people on a budget, buyers with time constraints and people with special needs.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Clayton Homes Company Information