Call toll free
4.70/5
Based on 716 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1956, Clayton Homes has been helping families build happiness through homeownership. We are committed to providing affordable, quality homes with a diverse range of builder offerings. Our homes include traditional, modular, tiny and manufactured homes, as well as apartments, military barracks and college dormitories. We are recognized as an innovator in our industry and pride ourselves on our integrity and reputation. Contact Clayton Homes today to own your own slice of the world to call home.

Clayton Homes Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

946 Clayton Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

Our salesman took really good care of us and would even reply to texts on days off because I wasn’t always aware of his work schedule. But it was a positive experience. We looked at several models on the lot and we ended up doing an off-frame modular. It was a special order, and it was the first house of that style they’d ever done in off-frame modular. We customized it pretty heavily so it took a little longer than expected.

We had to get some secondary vendors to do our siding and we had some porches added to it that we went through Clayton to get. Our salesman was always our contact for those. So, if I was having any issues with the subcontractors where they weren’t showing up on time, he would always get in contact with them and see what their status was. And anything we found that was incorrect, he was very quick to correct or make sure that the right people were put in place to correct any issues that came up. He was always very helpful. We’re very pleased with the home at this point. We’ve been in it since December, and we just had some small warranty issues that we’ve had to take care of. But other than that, it’s been just fine.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us, Scott! We sincerely appreciate hearing from you. We're glad to hear your salesman took such good care of you and that your issues have been addressed quickly. Congratulations on your new home!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 14, 2018

Clayton's home buying process was really good. And we had good communication with our home consultant. I'd recommend Clayton.

Clayton Homes response

That's so great to hear! Thank you for sharing that with us, Marshall!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I filled out everything when I applied at Clayton Homes and then Tommy, the rep, asked me to give him a few minutes. He went and read everything and said that as of that time, it looked good. I got all my information to him and within two weeks, they had me call back and told me I was good to go. Tommy was great from the minute I walked in the door and he started showing me different homes. He stayed with me through the whole thing. He called me the other day and asked me how everything was, if everything was good and if we needed anything. We graduated from a little two-bedroom trailer, one bathtub, two bedrooms, two baths and loving all the room.

It’s been great working with Clayton Homes because they were very open. They told me when we were having problems and they said they would see what they could do. And not even an hour later, he called back and said they got it taken care of. They were on top of everything and communicated everything with me. I've sent two people to Clayton Homes. They asked me where we went to get it and I told them I went to Clayton and that from the minute we walked through the door till we finished everything, they were still calling if we needed everything. Clayton will do anything they can to get you into it, work with you and do everything they can. I'm very satisfied and we love our home.

Clayton Homes response

That's so wonderful to hear, Lori! We really appreciate you taking the time to share that great feedback with us! We're so happy to know that your home buying experience with Tommy went so well and that you're satisfied with your home!

We consider it the ultimate compliment when our customers refer their friends to us, thank you so much! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I’m definitely satisfied with Clayton Homes. We went out looking for a home and they were very helpful. They guided us in a lot of ways. The home consultant, Lisa, was just so nice. She was always there when I needed her. I had a question and she answered it for me. They people at Clayton were very educated. They told me a lot about how the home was made and everything I need to know about the house. So if you're looking for a home, Clayton is the place to go. I went to several different mobile home place but they were just so nice. And I love the house. It’s beautiful and it’s everything I needed.

Clayton Homes response

Wow! We loved reading your feedback, Janice! Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us. We're so happy to hear that your home buying experience went so well and that you enjoyed working with Lisa. We'll be sure to pass along your praises to her team! Congratulations on your new home, we're so pleased that you're satisfied with it!

Original review: July 12, 2018

We went up to Clayton Homes one day, asked questions, filled out the application and got the ball rolling. The home buying process was frustrating at times but it was alright. Their rep helped us always from the start to the end. All of the questions that we had, she was always there to answer. She always took our calls and if we left her message about a question or anything, she always got back with us in a reasonable amount of time. It was great to be partnered with her. Everything they told us was a spot on, even after we had done our walkthrough and moved in. If you needed them to come out and check on something, they came. We referred quite a few people because they’re gonna do the same thing that we've done with Clayton Homes.

Clayton Homes response

That's so wonderful to hear, James! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. The home buying process can be complex at times, but we're glad to hear your home consultant helped you through it and that you're happy! We sincerely appreciate that you've recommended friends to us! Congratulations on your new home!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clayton Homes?

Original review: July 11, 2018

My fiancé works in the same town at the place we bought the home from and he mentioned it as a temporary option for us before we build our house. The rep did our walkthrough and helped us out with any other problems we had with the house once it got delivered. Anybody from the Lebanon office has been helpful even if I wasn't dealing directly with them. I was doing the whole thing from out of state and Crystal, the associate from Clayton, was communicative throughout the homebuying process.

We live in a very rural area, so we were about 45 minutes south of the Lebanon location but they were on time and came when they were supposed to. They did the skirting and everything within two days so, they were quick about it. I was moving from out of state, so I was on a time crunch as far as having somewhere to live. The delivery was good and they did everything they needed to do. I didn't know much about manufactured homes or what Clayton was about until I really looked into it so people should keep it open as an option and I would highly recommend them to anybody who is interested.

Clayton Homes response

That's SO great to hear, Christina! Thank you so much for taking the time to share that wonderful feedback with us. We're so glad that to hear that you enjoyed working with Crystal and that the Lebanon location was able to meet your needs!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was very satisfied with Clayton Homes and got excellent service. They seemed to answer all of my questions and helped me out at times. They probably didn’t have to but they did it anyway. They were really fast and efficient. Mike was very knowledgeable as well as his boss above him, the sales manager who I dealt with a lot too.

Clayton Homes response

We're so glad to hear how well your home buying experience went, Steven! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 10, 2018

My Clayton Homes consultant was with me the whole time. He was very helpful, answered any questions and if there was something he wasn't sure about, he always got right back with me. Anytime that I've had an issue, they have been so prompt on getting out there and having it taken care of. The whole team in Grayson has been extremely helpful. I would highly recommend Clayton Homes with anyone.

Clayton Homes response

That's so wonderful to hear, Amanda! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us how happy you are with your home buying experience. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 10, 2018

When we were buying our home, we walked on the lot, found what we wanted, worked with the team and had it wrapped up in a couple of hours. Clayton was able to deliver quickly and they were an easy and amazing group to work with. The consultants were knowledgeable, super friendly and a great team. We purchased a double-wide home for our daughter-in-law and our grandson. It was over 2,000 square feet and it was nice to have a bedroom for everybody and it was the first new thing they have ever lived in and they love it. It impacted our grandson's life and that's what matters. We paid cash and the home has been fine. There have been little things here and there but the guys came out right away to fix them. Somebody asked me about Clayton and I would definitely recommend them. In fact, I drove some friends of ours up and introduced them to the guys up there and they will probably buy one for their daughter so it worked well.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you for that awesome feedback, Mary! We're so happy to know that you and your family are so satisfied with both the home and the home buying experience. We're sure the home will be a great place for your grandson to grow up, he's lucky to have you! We also sincerely appreciate you referring your friends to us!

Original review: July 9, 2018

Clayton Homes was awesome. They helped us get a loan and they went above and beyond everything that we expected. Kyle was our home consultant and he was great. He could explain everything and did a wonderful job.

Clayton Homes response

That's so wonderful to hear, Sarah! We appreciate you taking the time to share that with us. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 9, 2018

When I bought the property I talked to my banker and then I went online at Clayton Homes. Darion of Clayton Homes in Texarkana emailed me back as soon as I put the process in motion that I was looking for a house. I picked out three houses that I like and then I sent the process to my banker and he gave me the one that he knew that I could afford with no trouble. I didn’t have anybody joking me around or trying to put me in something that I didn’t want or couldn’t afford. I gave them a price of what I wanted and they worked with me and my bank.

I email questions to Darion and he gets right back with me on it. And then when I signed the paperwork I went in and talked to him and I talked to the manager. They all just walked me through everything step by step. I love them over there. Everything that I’ve asked for, they’ve done and everything that I needed to be done, like repairs or stuff that I noticed that needed to be done after they set the home up, they came right on that and done it with no problem.

Clayton is the first choice I go to. There’s a couple of people here at the job that are getting ready to start buying a home. They are thinking about that and I’ve already recommended Clayton to them. If you'll go there, you’ll be treated fairly and they make sure that you'll get the best buy there is. And when they come and set it out, they’ll set it up exactly the way you want it. And if it’s not the way you want it, then they’ll put it the way exactly where you want it to be -- and also not where they want it to be. I am so pleased with this and I was pleased with the process because it went smoothly.

Clayton Homes response

Minnie, we are SO thrilled to hear how happy you are with your home and with your home buying experience. We're glad that Darion was able to take care of you and walk you through the process. We'll definitely let his team know that you were bragging on him! We're flattered that you'd recommend your coworkers visit Clayton, THANK YOU!

Original review: July 8, 2018

I looked at several different companies but I found the one I wanted at Clayton. I've driven past it for years and the home buying process was amazing. Their people made it so easy for me and they were great. They were so nice, polite and it was a wonderful experience with them. The people who set it up were very efficient and knowledgeable. They were kinda wishy-washy down where I wanted it till we finally got it exactly where I wanted it and they were cool about that too.

The manager gave me his cell number and there were a few times that we were going back and forth about getting it out here and even afterwards. He answered my phone and it didn't matter where he was. If he was not in the shop, he still would answer my phone until we got this thing like I needed it to be. It was just really great and I would highly recommend to anybody to go there first. Don't do like I did and looked at a hundred different places. I would probably take friends down there and tell them to look and find out for themselves.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for this review, Kimberly! We're so glad to hear that everything ended up exactly how you wanted it! We are also so happy to hear that you'd be willing to refer friends to us, thank you! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 7, 2018

Clayton Homes' sales rep, Bill, was a fantastic guy. He was very helpful. And the people in Asheboro where we bought our home were outstanding. Everything went well with the home buying process. And the whole experience was good and I'd recommend Clayton Homes.

Clayton Homes response

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed working with Bill! We'll be sure to pass along your praises to his team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We looked at Clayton’s website and we were able to find a floor plan that we liked and wanted that we couldn’t find online anywhere. I went on to Clayton in Greenwood and the first person we started working with was a lady. She did pretty good overall. Some of her followup was not quite could have been. But when Todd took over, everything just seemed to go really, really well. He was there whenever I needed something. The virtual tour was very helpful too.

The floor plan we picked out was supposed to be a modular home, but we had them convert it to a mobile home. We totally rearranged our bathroom, and they redid it for us. We’re really enjoying the home. I’d definitely recommend them. And we have told friends that Clayton was a good place to check out and to talk to Todd and he would take care of them.

Clayton Homes response

That's wonderful news, Charles! We're so happy to hear that you're so happy with your home and that everything went well with your home buying experience once Todd came in. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 6, 2018

My girlfriend and I are about to have a newborn and we looked for a new place to move into. Instead of going to rent, I thought to try to find something I can own one day. She mentioned Clayton Homes and they seem to be the only route to take because I have no credit. And they helped me go through the finance company and helped me out there.The overall home buying process was okay. But I’m in a situation now where I’m trying to do something a little different with it. I would like to own the home a lot faster than what it's set up now. I pay out so much and only so much is going towards my principle. I’m trying to establish a little bit more credit so I can go through a bank and refinance it and make the situation a lot lighter on me. And I would do it again if I had to, just to get my situation a little better.

The home consultant was Jeff and he is great. If a person wants to sell a place, he's the one able to get it sold. His personality is most impressive. He’s an outgoing guy and he doesn’t like to beat around the bush. He is straight to the point and truthful about it. Everything that I’m going through now is something he told me to think back, but I’ve never been into the credit field so I didn’t really know the difference between 9% and 2%. But he let me know everything before we closed the deal. He is a fair guy. Plus, the home was already together and I love the quality. It’s very spacious and very comfortable. Clayton is the place to go to and they have awesome people. I will recommend anyone to go to Clayton.

Clayton Homes response

Dontae, thank you so much for taking the time to submit your feedback. We're glad to hear that your home buying process went well and that you liked working with Jeff. A member of our Customer Advocacy Team will reach out privately regarding your other issues. Congratulations on your new home and on your new baby!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Clayton Homes is a good place to deal with. They had what we wanted and it was a better price. Our home consultant was John and he was really friendly. He kept in touch with us when we needed him to. We got a lot model so we really couldn’t do anything but I love the quality. The whole home buying process was easy and everything was good too.

Clayton Homes response

We're so excited to hear that you enjoyed working with John, Starrlynn! Thank you for taking the time to let us know your home buying experience went well.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I didn’t know anybody that sells trailer homes around in this area then a neighbor across the road told me that Clayton Homes treated her right when she bought a trailer from them a year ago. I went with Clayton Homes and I was very satisfied with the home buying process. I bought the house in November and Clayton has been good about the place and with those that cracked. They came out in just a few minutes and replaced the whole window and floor.

The guy I always talked to is Kelly and he was the one who sold me the trailer. I like the way he’s prompt about doing things. And he’s good about doing things and down right getting about anything. He was right out here if I have any complaints which were very few so far. I feel I can talk to him about anything ‘cause at least he’s that kind of guy that makes me feel that way. I can call him if something’s wrong. And that means a lot. I like the quality of the home but I don’t know how the seats gonna work out and if my air-conditioner is gonna keep the home cool or not. I haven’t told Kelly about that yet but I’m sure that if he'll know that, he’ll take care of it. It was a good experience and I’m glad that I went with them.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, Estill! We're so glad to hear that your home buying experience went so well and that you're happy with Kelly! We'll be sure to pass along your praises to his team! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 5, 2018

My mom and dad bought a home years ago. And we got family land and so we decided to move back home and help take care of my dad. We knew to go to Clayton Homes and then we started talking to Kevin. He was a really nice guy and he was genuine and upfront with everything. We got our home plain because we wanted to completely pay it off. We just want to be on the land with no debt and be happy and take care of my dad and that’s what we did. But the quality of the home is very good. And the purchasing process was fast once they got it moving. We were just in talking mode and here we are now, all set up and grass growing back and it looks like we've been here for 10 years. We were satisfied. Every time we needed something, they were right here and called back as soon as possible. We recommend Clayton Homes and we tell people to ask for Kevin because he’s been a good salesman.

Clayton Homes response

That's so great to hear, Kay! We're so happy to know you all are so satisfied with both the home and the home buying process with Kevin. We'll be sure to pass along your praises of Kevin to his team! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how great everything is! Congratulations on the new home!

Original review: July 4, 2018

The home consultants from Clayton Homes were nice, polite and if we had any questions, they answered and explained everything to us in detail. I enjoyed working with them. They were also friendly and work backwards for you. It was an awesome experience and I was 100% satisfied with buying a home from Clayton.

Clayton Homes response

We're so happy to hear that, Robert! Thank you for letting us know what a great home buying experience you had with us. Congratulations on your new home!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 4, 2018

I am not satisfied with Clayton Homes at all. When we put it in a site plan it took two years from the time we started till our home got put in. And then Clayton had certain specifications that had to be for the city manager to be happy. And then last week they put another home in two lots over and it was not the same specs that we were told we had to put ours in at, which I’m sure has nothing to do with Clayton. And then the home itself is falling apart. Carpets are peeling up and cabinets are breaking at the seams so I’m not very happy. But our salesman, Bob, was great. My dissatisfaction has to do with the product. Clayton was a nightmare. But they know how I feel already and they told me they were gonna try to make it alright.

Clayton Homes response

Harold, we are sorry to hear that you're not happy with your home. We are going to follow up on the issues you're having and then someone will follow up with you directly.

Original review: July 3, 2018

The people at Clayton Homes were very friendly, and they were happy to answer the questions I asked. Everything was explained very well. We had a couple of meetings that were very enlightening. Also, we had seen Clayton Homes down at Phoenix and we were satisfied with what they did down there. So when we came up here, we thought we'd connect and see how they were doing, and they were doing very well. I've recommended them to other people.

Clayton Homes response

Awesome! We're so glad to hear that you're so satisfied with your home and your home buying experience. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback, and we are flattered that you've recommended us! Congratulations on the new home!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Clayton Homes was awesome, and the buying experience was good. We had a few difficulties at first with stuff, but they rectified them. Buying a home is a lot of money, and Clayton was very helpful. And I’m happy. The guy who helped me with all these, Ryan, was awesome. He really is a good fellow and at what he does. He was always really positive and helped me out tremendously. I lost my wife, and he helped me with the process and he was there to help me. I like him a lot. I have recommended Clayton since I got my home. I got friends who are looking to buy homes and I sent them straight to Clayton. I told them that Clayton is easy to deal with. I've bought homes before, and I’ve never had an experience like I’ve had with them. Clayton is good, and I'll stick with them till the end.

Clayton Homes response

Wow! Thank you so much for that review, Jeffrey. We're so happy to hear that your home buying process went well and that Ryan was there for you every step of the way. Please accept our sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. We consider customer references the highest compliment, so we're flattered to hear you've recommended us to your friends. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 2, 2018

The home consultant at Clayton answered my questions and called me back when he said he would. I bought a used home and bought it in cash off of him. The process was straightforward and easy. He told me what I needed to do, I did it and I got the house. I was kind of on a tight schedule and they got it out to me there when I needed it. I would recommend Clayton Homes.

Clayton Homes response

That's great to hear, Willy! We're so glad that everything went smoothly in getting you what you needed and on your tight schedule! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: July 2, 2018

Clayton Homes was very friendly. We bought six homes from them. We knew that we wanted to put a trailer park in, and they just made the entire experience stress-free as far as working with them within our means, and their follow-up. They seemed eager to assist us and make sure we got the right house that we wanted. They took us to the plant in Bonham and we got to see a walk-through of how they build their houses so we know the structure, the quality, everything. Their follow-up as far as the installation, the walk-through afterwards, all repairs made—everything they did was first-class. Also, the consultant didn’t pressure us. He worked with us, understood our questions and answered all of them, met all of our expectations and was not pushy in any way whatsoever. Also, I really like their customer service after the sale. If something’s wrong, they’re out here that day to get it fixed. They take all the stress, pressure, and worry off of it.

Clayton Homes response

That's wonderful, John! We're so thrilled to hear everything went so well. Visiting the plant is a great opportunity! We definitely appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Original review: July 1, 2018

For a long time, I had heard that Clayton was a good manufacturer. And when we finally decided on it, the application process was fine. Our salesman, Jeff, was great and very helpful. He was very professional, personable, and knew what he was talking about. We tried to get a different trailer that was bigger and double wide. Years ago, we had co-signed for our kids to get a house and we didn’t know that they put our name on the loan. So, we couldn’t have a loan on two places but we found other financing and everything went great. Every problem we’ve had has been addressed in a timely manner. They have us just wait and save up problems, so they can come out and take care of it all at once. But we have not had a problem and we just figured what's best with it.

Clayton Homes response

How wonderful to hear, Terry! We appreciate you sharing that feedback with us. We're so happy to know that your home buying experience went so well and that you enjoyed working with Jeff. We'll pass along your review to his team! Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I was by the ability of my consultant at Clayton to go above and beyond to make sure that I understood the home buying process and that all my needs were met. Working with them helped me satisfy some life goals that I had. Clayton provides a nice home for the price and the ease of getting my life goals completed was pretty good.

Clayton Homes response

That's wonderful to hear, Kathryn. We're so glad everything went so well for you during your home buying process. Congratulations on your new home and on meeting those life goals! We're proud of you!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 30, 2018

Can someone please tell me why the cheaply constructed paper covered "wood" in all my cabinets is peeling off? My 2016 Anniversary Edition 16x80 is becoming a huge disappointment in terms of quality. I have lived in mobile homes in the '70's, 80's, 90's and '00 and I have never imagined having paper covered cabinets on sinks that come into contact with water. Although I must admit they were cleverly constructed enough that it took me 2 years to discover this inexcusable flaw in quality. What you see is definitely not what you get. Sales people were very nice while selling me this beautiful, but poor quality home.

Clayton Homes response

Karen, we're sorry to hear about the quality issues you're having with your home. A member of the Customer Advocacy Team at our corporate office will be reaching out to you directly for more information.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I’ve been buying mobile homes for 20 years and Nancy, the Clayton rep, used to be at a used dealer and I met her there before. I bought from her a few dozen homes and she’s a top-notch person. She gave me a good price, told me what I was getting and was straightforward. She didn’t promise me anything that I didn’t get. She’s a very sharp sales person. Clayton Homes ought to give her her own floor. However, I did a cash sale and some of their paperwork are a bit long. They need to restructure some of them. When I bought a house at the time, it seemed like 30 or 40 sheets, “this and that” and “this and that”. But I understand the process. I’m 100% satisfied.

Clayton Homes response

That's so great to hear, Darrell! We're so happy to hear how much you've enjoyed working with Nancy over the years! Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how great everything went for you! We appreciate your continued business!

Original review: June 30, 2018

My future husband was living where I was living and so we needed somewhere to live. Clayton Homes was the first place we went to and the application process and initial paperwork were all fantastic. While Justin was wonderful with as far as getting us into our home, they could have had speedy up the service a little bit. It took from June to December to get into it. And now that we’re in our home, we're not very satisfied and we have a lot of problems.

First of all, when we went in and we plugged in a lamp and the whole outlet came out. And then, we were sitting in the living room and suddenly something fell. We came to find out that the whole ceiling line had fell out from underneath us. Also, I have told them from the beginning that the floor in my kitchen was weak. A gentleman came out yesterday and tried to get everything fixed and it was very weak to him too. It could cause a problem so he was gonna try to reach out to the factory. But he said that the factory was four months behind getting all the other work done, so I don’t know how long my flooring in my kitchen is gonna be. Still, Clayton has been wonderful about trying to get guys here and getting everything done. I had no problems with a financer too. So, I would recommend them.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, Marie. We're glad to hear that your home buying process went so well. As for the issues you're experiencing, we're going to follow up on those and someone will be in touch with you directly. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Our salesman at Clayton, Eric, was great. He was really upfront with us and described every emotion we would go through. He said there would be moments that we would get angry and that we had to wait on a lot of inspectors. He also let us know that the home buying process could take six months or longer. We were getting anxious to move in. Still, we sat back and took it day-to-day. Eric communicated with us very well about the process of Clayton finding land, getting the land ready and building the home. He took the time to talk to us. We could call him and he would answer our questions.

However, the building could use a little more thought and quality. I saw some things in the building that didn't look right to me. Nevertheless, Eric also told us that when we moved in, we should watch for anything such as leaks under the cabinet. We did have a leak under the kitchen sink and called Clayton at the time. They called, set up a day and time and came out immediately. I also like that Crystal is our go-to-person if we have problems now. I highly recommend Clayton Homes.

Clayton Homes response

We're so glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable home buying experience with Eric, Wanita. We'll be sure to pass along your praises of him to his team! We're glad to hear that all repairs on the home are being handled and that you enjoy working with Crystal as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

Clayton Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

Clayton Homes specializes in affordable, quality-built modular and manufactured homes. It offers floor plans for a wide variety of home sizes and styles, from tiny homes to 4 bedroom houses.​ Their homes are all designed and manufactured in the United States.

• Range of home types: Clayton builds traditional site built homes, modular homes, manufactured homes and tiny houses.

• Offers trade-ins: Customers can trade in their current home for a new manufactured home in order to save on costs.

• Homes with basements are available: Clayton Homes can be ordered with a full basement.

• Model homes available in most locations: Users can visit a Clayton Home Center to see model homes or set up a tour. Visit their website to find a home center near you.

• Environmentally friendly: Clayton has received an ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification for green building standards.

• Customizable options: Homebuyers with specific needs can get a custom-built home.

• Best for: Clayton Homes is best for people on a budget, buyers with time constraints and people with special needs.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Clayton Homes Company Information