1.15/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Regions Mortgage

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Regions Mortgage Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I bought my mom's house from her in 2003 and gave her life estate. She kept her Regions Mortgage and I have paid it since 2003. She died in 2015 and when I tried to get insurance on the house, it was in too bad of shape for local insurers to insure it. Regions forced me to pay insurance on it. A storm did 12,000 worth of damage to the roof in 2016. Regions received the money from the insurance company THAT I PAID, and refuses to give us the check to pay contractors to fix it. They insist in issuing the check to a dead person (my mother) although they have had proof of her death for 2 years. They have kept the money for the insurance for 7 months and the house continues to deteriorate. We have spent well over 60 hours on the telephone with them and cannot get them to pay the contractors. It is ridiculous! We need an attorney to shake some sense into them.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

We were in the flood in Denham Springs. The insurance paid us and the check was in my name and Regions' name. We have slept on the floor of a family member's house, 2 adults and 3 children. We are being asked to find another place because their son is coming home from college.There has been $43,000 worth of work done to our home and Regions has only paid out $16,000. Our home is livable all we need are appliances and beds and they will not give us any money that belongs to us that we paid the flood claim telling us we have to be patient. Well our patience ran out.

It's been roughly ten weeks. The person that we are dealing with at the mortgage company is Andy **. He is a claims supervisor that tells lies. He tells us they are putting money in my account and after calling all week telling them it's not there on Friday evening they say it will be on Monday. Then the next week same song and dance so we have two more days until we're homeless. Don't know what we'll do. If anyone has any advice look for 5 people sleeping in a truck in our driveway. Beware people. If a natural disaster ever puts you out of your home don't expect REGIONS to help you get home in a reasonable time. By the way we also have people that have worked on our home calling us daily because they want to be paid. And guess what...Regions don't care about that either.

Original review: May 26, 2016

As a disabled person on a fixed income I missed one month's payment and was unable to catch up. Regions said I would need to do a loan modification to square things away. Turns out what they did was offer the mod. at a savings of $69.00 a month and EXTENDED the 25 years I had left to 40 more years, all because of one missed payment. Now tell me that this sounds like a company you would like to do business with. I will be 95 years old by the time it's paid off. In other words they have just forced my heirs to assume the same loan that I had to assume when my father died in 2008. What choice do I have but to be the SLAVE OF REGIONS. I'm only talking about 99,000.00 here.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

I had a mortgage with Regions for several years. It was the worst experience of my life. Their communication is completely lacking. Several times I tried to pay additional funds towards my mortgage, and every time, my checks were returned to me. Even if I would simply round my payment up to the next dollar, everything got returned because I didn't pay the appropriate amount. This resulted a couple of times in a late payment. Also, as a medical resident trying to pay for a house, I did unfortunately have a few late payments. Regions sends out the standard paperwork, but does nothing to actually help you find other options. Every time you call them, you wait on hold, then talk to a different person who has to then put you on hold to review your mortgage. I received different information every time I called.

When I finally closed my mortgage after selling my house, Regions continued to take money out of my bank account automatically for over two months. I sold my home in early September, and I didn't receive my first reimbursement check until the following mid January. It is ironic that if you are late for a payment, they kill your credit and tack on interest. But they take five months, several phone calls, and multiple letters to send you a several thousand dollar check that is owed to you, and you don't even get an apology. Terrible customer service. Will never use again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

My husband and I went to Regions Bank to refinance our credit line that was coming due. First of all, it took about a year more or less, to close. They requested the same paperwork from us about 5 or more times. After waiting for almost a year and after us calling them constantly, they finally called to say that we were not approved and that we should refinance our first mortgage and the credit line together and that by doing that, we would definitely qualify and our payments would be much lower. We were hesitant to refinance our first mortgage, as we only had 4 years to pay off our home, but we really needed to refinance the credit line so that our payments wouldn't be so high.

We finally decided to say yes and ended up refinancing our first mortgage along with the credit line. What a big mistake. It has been five months since we closed and our payments are more now than if we just would have done nothing and started paying the principal and interest on our credit line. We have called and emailed Regions and they have been given us the run around as what they are going to do to correct the problem. It turns out that we are paying not only the interest and principal on our mortgage, but they are billing us for the principal and interest of the credit line that we just refinanced. They totally lied to us and we still cannot get a straight answer from them. I will have no choice but to seek legal advice from an attorney for breach of contract.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Mortgage?

Original review: June 20, 2015

We bought our home one year ago in April of 2014. Regions is our mortgage company. We decided to refinance through Regions after the Regions Manager keep pressing us about the lower rates and how Regions needs to lend money out. Since we already had our first mortgage with them we figured it would take as long to refinance this time. I contacted a mortgage loan officer on 4/3/2014 at Regions. He ran our credit report and took our finance information and other info and said, "Everything looked good". We have around 40 thousand dollars in equity in our home. We paid a total of 600.00 for the credit check and to have the home appraisal done. Everything was fine.

This company is a joke. It's one thing after another. We have given them the same information. Over and over... So while all this was being done we opened a checking account and credit card account and an equity loan. Here we are almost three months later still waiting. We took a equity line out just because we were refinancing with the same company. You can never get these people to return any calls or emails and then when you do get a hold of them it's some other story as to why it's taking so long. So fed up with this company. Going to another company and closing anything down with Regions at this point. This is a terrible bank.

Original review: June 2, 2015

I am a divorced 56-year-old woman trying to start a new life (late in life.) I applied for a home loan on March 9,2015. Pre-qualified with no problems... and that is where the nightmare began. My Loan Officer **, a seemingly nice lady told me that as soon as I found a place we were ready to move on my loan. Long story short found a condo within a week and was under contract March 13th. Got my homeowners done that day. Inspection and Appraisal done the last week of March. Ms.** said we were good to go as soon as the title search was complete. There was a snag with title but it was cleared up by the end of April. Now, we are ready to close first week of May... No.. ** had another condo report that needed ordering... another 250 dollars. Why was this not done already? Always got the runaround and lies.

My loan was not approved the first time as ** did not know she could do a short form instead of long. That's when she stopped answering my emails. I had given 60-day notice at my apartment and HAD to be out May 23. I was assured that I would close by then. Didn't happen. She emailed me and said that we would have no more delays and Friday we would have final answers. ** decided to take the next day off for a vacay so I had no answers. My apartment was nice enough to let me stay a few more days. Come Tuesday morning I was on the phone again seeking answers. (Note ** never called me I always had to pursue her as did my realtor). "We will close by Thursday" is what I was told. I went to her office Wednesday afternoon. (Stressed to the max.) She was not happy to see me. I got the runaround AGAIN!

While waiting for her manager (my realtor waited 1 hour for the manager on the phone, he never came to the phone and never called her back) she received a call. She said was from the underwriter who STILL had not approved my file. Said she was working on it that night to be released the next morning. ** said she would call me Thursday morning as soon as we had the clear to close. I waited until 9:30 and called. Guess what? ** CALLED IN SICK! What? By the way she wasn't sick. She was on Facebook telling people she was having a thyroid test done. She knew when she saw me the day before she would be out. More lies. The VP/regional manager stepped in and after a horrible day got everything approved and ready to close Friday. You would think that is where the story ends. Easy closing right? Nope. Went to closing (1:45) and first document out of the file is WRONG. Interest rate wrong!

The gentleman that came to represent the bank. (I wanted to know why ** wasn't there. This WAS HER mess.) She stated to him that I was incorrect. Thank God I had all my emails. I whipped it out and proved her wrong. They had to redo all the paperwork while we sat there waiting. The second set came back WRONG. We waited again. My movers were coming at 4 and we were still waiting at 4. The last set of corrected documents came in and now I owed them 291.00 more. The VP/Regional manager assured me it was their error and I would be reimbursed. We closed down the title company May 29th. This has been the worst experience of my life.

Original review: May 28, 2015

My family has been a loyal Regions customer most of our adult lives. Our checking, saving, house and land loans have all been with Regions. My son graduated med school and applied for the physician loan program to purchase a house. We have sent all required documents and now, the day before he is to close, we receive a call there is another document needed and we will not be able to close. Warning to anyone wanting to do business with Regions Mortgage. You will not close at the original time as they will not have their act together!!!

Original review: May 27, 2015

They have a great loan if you can ever get someone to give you accurate information on it. They go back on what they say every time you talk to them. It is so bad I refused to do business over the phone w/ the mortgage broker, email only had to now get everything in writing because she was always saying one thing and then the next time we talked it would be totally different. I'M TRYING TO GET A LOAN here, need info to be accurate don't wait for me to make an offer to tell me new info.

This is not the time. Things should be all ironed out after 2 months you know. This is your job and you suck at it and you've cost me house after house. As if the process isn't hard and confusing enough. AHHHHHHHHHhh so frustrated. Going with another bank. I'm done. I've tried a few employees at Regions to give them a chance, but what's weird is they are all incompetent! What a joke. I can only imagine how much business is lost due to horrible customer service. If I was this horrible at my job I would be fired!

Original review: May 18, 2015

This is an incomplete story for it has not ended yet. I simply need to share this for others who are walking the same path. Have banked and had a mortgage with Regions for over 20 years. I owned a business from which my Wife and I earned our income. My only late payment was one that emerged after taking out a line of credit and refinancing the loan, at Regions' Recommendation. We have just crossed the threshold of interest vs principal.

In 2010 Nashville experienced a flood in which my business was destroyed. No flood insurance, no help from FEMA. The result was unemployment, post traumatic stress syndrome, deep depression and learning that at the age of 58, jobs were unavailable. My wife, the stronger, found part time jobs caring for elderly and houskeeping for a single mom. We were directed to "Save my Tennessee Home" where an agreement was made to have our house payment made through the program until the cap was obtained. This program was a bit sketchy and the company providing the service was certainly questionable but They did as promised.

In December of this year, we receive a notice from regions that the payment was late. Regions acted as though they did not know the SMTH program had made any payments. We were never given notice that the funding from the SMTH was over. At this time, I had a part time job at Lowe's and the wife had her multiple jobs. We were instructed to apply for HARP and did so. We received an offer from Regions that was nothing more than robbery. There was no reduction in our payment. There was no reduction in interest. (6.25%) The late payments and penalties were rolled into the loan and the loan was restructured as a 40 year rather than a 30. When my wife conversed with Regions, she was treated in a very unprofessional manner. TAKE IT OR LEAVE! That was their attitude.

As an American who has worked a lifetime keeping a roof over my family's head and food on the table, I was conned into thinking the government will step in and help resolve the economic impossibilities that had been placed upon my wife and myself. As advertised, HARP is the answer. WRONG!!! As long as we Americans sit back and allow the "Banks" run the government and large corporations, we will continue to be the slaves of the banker.

Banker Logic: 62 year old man and wife have lived on the banks property for over 20 years. Loan on property has made banker the largest portion of interest and now the old man is gaining equity while the banker makes less. Old man hits a bump in life and loses his income and is at an age where he is limited in how many productive years are left in his life. Along the same time the "ECONOMY" tanks and jobs for old are not available. Even when there is a job, poverty level pay is the going rate. Banker feels getting the old man out of the property and replacing him with a younger slave will give him another source of long term interest.

THE CYCLE REPEATS. America is not what we think it is. My family came to this country in the 1700's to free themselves from such ridiculous logic. Nothing has changed. There must be a rethinking of who we are, where we are and how we do things. I am an American. I am proud of my lineage. All I want is to live my life in peace.

Today. A very sweet gal from regions spoke with me about the situation. She is not at fault for anything other than doing her job. She told me I could reapply to the program with my new full time employment income and see if there is anything else regions can do. She warns me that by doing this, I have taken the offer off the table and will gamble that the outcome will be a higher payment or no negotiation at all. I make around 1500 a month with my full time job. Full time is 35 hours a week. I no longer fit the mold of what bankers thrive on. I await the new package from regions with very little excitement. Anticipation of losing my home really helps one get a good nights sleep. I will update this later as things develop.

Regions Mortgage Company Information