Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
3.74/5

Carrington Mortgage Services

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

792 Carrington Mortgage Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 28, 2019

Ms. ** was amazing and extremely helpful and professional. Kept in contact with me all the way the process, making sure I stayed on point with my part. A true blessing to this company and deserves to be recognized.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I got behind in my mortgage and I paid the mortgage up to a zero balance. Two months later they said I owe them 350. I call trying to get a understanding how when I just paid the balance in full. My mortgage suppose to have been 500.00 a month in January 2017. They sent a letter two weeks later saying the mort is now 525.00. Six month later the mortgage went to 600.00. 2018 it went to 650.00. January 2019 it is now 700.00. I am on a fix rate every few months. The mortgage has increased. I have used several companies in past. I never had this experience. When trying to speak to customers service they are rude and always unprofessional. If you call on Saturday morning the customer service rep have no ideas what's going on. You will be put on hold until they close at 12:00 PM. It very frustrating and I would like a professional to look into this company.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Mr. Jacob ** and Ms. Barbara ** are two highly professional individuals. They kept us informed and updated throughout the entire process. I will definitely be recommending them to family and friends. It was their communication that made the loan stress free. Thank you to your team Carrington MS. Raul and Rose

Original review: March 21, 2019

They were so very helpful and very knowledgeable! This was a very special case for me to buy my home and they all came through for me to help me accomplish my goal. There were a lot of after hours and weekend conversations to assist me. I have already recommended them to several people to contact them. They all were truly my guiding light especially my broker Mike **. I now own my parents home that they bought in 1971 and my whole family is so very truly grateful that we get to carry on with their legacy. Thank you so very much!! Donna

Original review: March 19, 2019

If I could rate this business at zero stars, I would... My loan was transferred from Chase and I have never been more dissatisfied. From the horrible customer service to the archaic payment processes, if you are looking to do business with this company, DON'T DO IT! Every year that I have an escrow shortage, I pay it. Historically (with Chase) I could walk into a branch or call and make that payment over the phone and automatically, a new escrow analysis would generate. With this company, they charge you $20 to pay over the phone AND you AS THE CUSTOMER have to request a re-run of your escrow analysis. Better hope it's 15 business days before your automatic payment or they will just take out the pre-payment amount and say 'oh well'!

To boot, every 3-4 weeks I have some mortgage solicitor calling and asking me to refinance my mortgage with them...AFTER I have continuously called their customer service department and requested NO sales calls... I can't make this review any more clear- customer service is non-existent with this so-called mortgage company. Terrible service coupled with inept personnel makes this place the worst mortgage company EVER!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: March 15, 2019

Great & easy experience to get rid of credit card debt. The people we worked were very efficient & a pleasure to deal with. The process was smooth and in a timely fashion. Such a relief with the ease of money being direct deposited into our account and bills paid off in full as soon as it was deposited. thank you Carrington... Especially Rick ** & Christine ** the two we dealt with. They were awesome.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My fiancé fell behind on his mortgage that was owned by Bank of America then it was sold 2 another mortgage company which was sold to Carrington Mortgage LLC. Carrington Mortgage put us into a three month trial period, to confirm we are in good standings and they would give us another chance and be in good graces with our mortgage. We finalized the papers and sent them back then they sent us the final documents of our loan agreement. Everything they stated in the loan agreement was true which we agreed to and signed prior.

Read the last paragraph of their letter. Was stating something of a balloon payment for last final payment at the maturity date. The initial loan was for $158,841.36. The balloon payment, (our last payment) at the maturity date, is $129,578.45. Now let me clear this up...the loan was for $158,841.36 over a 15-year period. Our last, final payment was for a lump sum of $129,578.45 (BALLOON PAYMENT) to Carrington Mortgage. How is that possible and EVEN legal? SOMEONE HELP.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Received a call from Carrington asking if I needed to pull any money out of my existing mortgage so I could use it toward...whatever. At first I was very cynical but gave it some thought and gave it a try. I reduced my mortgage, reduced my interest rate and was able to repipe my entire house. Great experience.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Carrington send out my 1098 and 1099. The statements only show I paid half of my property taxes. I called to ask for corrected statements. They said it would take 72 hours. All week I waited and got nothing. I called them 5x's! Every time I was told to wait a while longer. My last phone call I was told that there was nothing to be corrected. I wound up call the receiver of taxes in the town I lived in for an official document to submit to the IRS. That's when I found out I did in fact pay my taxes but Carrington paid them late! I ended up paying over $500 extra in penalties. This is a terrible company to deal with. I am shopping around for a new company to deal with.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Sturt was very upfront about the refinance program. Went over all the info & facts. Every step of the process, available if there were any questions. Mortgage broker was very good also. Went over all paperwork at the signing. Answered all questions.

Original review: March 12, 2019

From the first day I contacted this company to the last they were nothing shy of supportive, helpful, informative and amazing. They walked me through each step and told me exactly what I needed to do to get my loan. I don’t have great credit but they helped me air it better to be approved. Told me exactly what I needed to do to improve my score. Glen was an awesome loan officer who answered the million questions I had with no issues at all. He was very quick to respond too. This lender made a dream come true and helped me be able to purchase my first home. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My experience with Carrington Mortgage was probably the best, fastest, easiest loan I have ever been involved in. The staff is exceptionally organized making the entire process go as smooth as possible. Their level of professionalism is not seen much in today world of customer service but this company has it. I highly recommend that if you are looking for a home loan or to refinance your existing home this is your place.

Original review: March 12, 2019

The process was very effortless on my part. I was able to save a lot of money on a monthly basis. My contact person kept me informed while going thru the entire process {Brennen}. If I had any questions he would get an answer by the next business day. I never felt like I was going thru the process alone. The closing took the amount of time he said it would take and all of his support people worked very hard to get me to the end. Thanks for the great job you did for me.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Same story as everyone else. Carrington bought out our BOA Mortgage in 2018. Before we received our first monthly statement we received a letter informing us of an increase in payment to cover additional escrow money. We weren't happy about it, but paid it. Now it's the beginning of 2019 and another letter comes. Yet another increase in the monthly payment to cover escrow fees. No local offices to go to and calling just left us frustrated. Representatives were no help. It took several of them just to look up our account. This company should be SHUT DOWN and BOA should have to pay for the refinance charges to a Mortgage Company of our choice. We didn't ask to be transferred shouldn't have to be forced to put up with this **. If we could afford to refinance, we would.

Original review: March 3, 2019

My mortgage was sold to these crooks by BOA. I've had nothing but problems with them. Their online statements do not match up with the paper statements. When I call to ask about the mixup, their response is that it's a computer issue. So fix the issue. I make my payments on time and yet I still get wrong information from them. I also tend to believe that the 5 star ratings they've received are false. Anyway. If possible, STAY AWAY from this company.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Our mortgage has been serviced by Carrington for about 5 years now and they are the worst mortgage company ever!! Our home was damaged by hurricane Michael and we filed a claim with our home insurance and Carrington mortgage thinks that our claim money to repair our home is their money. Their "processes" should be illegal. We would never recommend this company and urge everyone to stay far away from them! They are horrible!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Someone suggested a class action lawsuit, I am 100% in agreement!! I have paid on time since 2009 and 3 months with Carrington, my credit score is tanking saying I am late when I have proof the money is taken from my account at the beginning of the month but they post it at the end!! CROOKS and SABOTEURS!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Like others on here my mortgage was sold to Carrington by B of A in 2018. I haven’t had much contact with them until today. Who are the people working their customer service line? First of all the wait time was ridiculous. Once I spoke to someone. It was the most painful 5 minutes I’ve had in a long time. Seriously the lady I spoke to should not be working customer service. She didn’t know what a mortgage note is (I was told I need it for a HELOC). She didn’t know what a HELOC was. She asked me why I needed the mortgage note and I had to tell her multiple times it was for a HELOC and then explain what that stood for. I was patient until she got back on the line and sounded like she was trying to sell me on refinancing with them. I had to tell her I would figure out the mortgage note on my own since it sounds like she has no idea what she is talking about. It’s too bad this company can’t find more competent employees.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My mortgage was sold to Carrington, a bunch of crooks. They have done everything to me to keep me here to rip me off. My mortgage went up to 825.00 a month, interest went up to 8-1/2 percent - 700.00 goes to interest. They lie cheat. After 30 yrs, they tell me I still owe 92,000. Nobody, will help get me away from these crooks. I'm almost ready to walk out of this house, and leave it. They would sell this house 40,000 to get off their books. Why don't these people reduce my mortgage, for 40,000 so I can get away. No that's too easy. I found a lawyer that started working on this, he's heard about their dealings. He told me this is owned by the crime syndicate. If your mortgage gets sold to them find someone fast to get away.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

In September 2018, after 10 years, Bank of America sent me a letter stating they had sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC. Since I have been dealing with them, this has been a very horrible experience. Every time you speak to a customer service person, you are told something different. My account had gotten behind about 4 payments and I worked hard every payday to bring the account up to date. Every time I make a payment, they will send me a renewed Notice of Intent to Foreclose. My account is down to owing for just January and my new payment for February, but they continue to send me the same Notice of Intent to Foreclose letter.

Basically, no matter what you do, they will continue to threaten you and try to strike fear in you. I will not be bullied by them and pray the someone my loan is sold elsewhere very soon. I hate this company with a passion. I have a following of about 3,000 people on social media and have spread the word to not to do business with them if you can help it. I encourage others to do the same. Put the word out there and let others know to beware and stay away.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

By far the worst company I have ever dealt with. If your mortgage is ever sold to them refinance as soon as possible or sale because they are going to beat you out of your money. They applied 2 months' worth of payments to somebody else account then put 60 days late on my credit report and refused to remove it dropping my credit score tremendously.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Chase sold our mortgage to Carrington almost a year after we moved in. The following year we got a notice that our property was being sold at auction because the taxes weren't paid. After a run around, we got that settled, but not until we paid out of pocket for the property taxes. No reimbursement. Last year we had a little rough patch and got 2 months behind. The 3rd month we were able to make payments again and some months paid 2 payments, attempting to catch it up. November they rejected the payment and said that it needed to be paid in full. We sent a Western Union payment, that was also rejected.

At this point it sent our "past due amount" into the 90 days so they said they had grounds for Foreclosure. We call and ask what needs to be paid to stop the proceedings and they tell us $3,280. We overnight them a check, they hold the check for 5 days and then reject it, stating that the proceedings have already been filed and we need to pay the new amount. A guy delivers a legal docket to our home while we are at work and LEAVES IT WITH OUR BABYSITTER- not in a envelope or anything. She told them she wasn't the homeowner and that we would be home later that day. He left it anyway.

The paperwork for foreclosure wasn't filed until the day prior. They then tell us that we have to wait for the Reinstatement Letter to know how much to pay and give us 14 days to come up with the money. All the while, they're calling us asking why we aren't paying our bill and sending us statements. No lawyer will help and are telling us our only option is to pay up or file bankruptcy. What's to keep them from taking all this money (which we've had to borrow to even pay) and then still proceeding with the foreclosure process?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Like most others my mortgage was sold to Carrington Mortgage Co. Since then I've had nothing but problems. We make a payment on the 1st and it don’t get posted till the 20th or later and they charge you to pay them. Meanwhile my account is still acquiring interest on the money I already paid them. Several time they say we haven’t made our payment but it pulled out of my account a month or 2 months prior. Checking my credit score they reported I've missed 10 payments and was more than 30 days late 3 time which ain't so but has dropped my credit score so low I can't refinance with another company. This company has done nothing but steal my money. I called them and ask for a payment history for my account and after the rep being rude and playing dumb on the phone they finally said they would send it. I tried to give them my email address only to be told it has to be mailed to me.

Now after 6 months and 5 more calls to them I still have not received anything in the mail from them except another letter saying I was late on a payment that had pulled out of my account 4 weeks prior. And now when I call they are saying my payment went up due to tax increase in my county but when I ask for paperwork on it and what I had in my escrow account they gave me the run around about it. What they are saying on the phone and doing are 2 totally different things Somebody needs to investigate this company for fraudulent business practices. All they do is rob people. In 3 years my account has lowered less than the previous 2 years. How the heck is that even possible. For as many customers this company rips off. Surely there must be a lawyer out there that can take them down. WHAT THIS COMPANY DOES CAN’T BE LEGAL.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We had CitiMortgage when they sold to Carrington. What a nightmare these last few years has been. We fought with them a year saying we never had insurance - which we always had with Allstate. Always losing papers. Meantime they added their insurance at a crazy amount. The last year of the mortgage was total hell. They continually locked us out of our account online from paying. When I called they said it could be made 10 days after the due date... In a window of a few days....that way our payment was always late. If I mailed the payment it wouldn't get processed for days.

If sent priority signature they said it takes several days to process. I had to go to Walmart and pay $22.00 to send by Western Union... Which I found out they couldn't block or delay. There was a time CitiMortgage paid a couple real estate taxes. So on every bill they had the total amount of the payment and showed elsewhere the tax paid. We always had the option to pay the total due to pay off loan. We almost always paid extra to pay on the tax portion also. Come to find out they didn't apply correctly. However we always had a payoff amount showing currently with fees, taxes and more online and on monthly statement.

At the last payment we was given over 5 different payoff numbers. The one in black and white, another they could never explain but was almost $5000 more than and others. Everyone with the company had a different number. They harassed and basically threatened to take our home continually. Tired of fighting and the endless phone calls. I paid the crazy figure of over $8,000 as requested online to pay what they wanted and go away. (Found out when by one of their people they sometimes lock the accounts to prevent you from paying unless you pay the total amount to pay off loan).

I paid it off online and money was transferred. Then the crap began again... One agent wanted over $2000 more, another said all is fine, another said $1000 more. I said I paid in full and I even got the next 2 statements showing balance was $0.00 and nothing was due. However one of the people would not stop calling. Sent certified registered letter to stop the phone calls, send deed and even sent copies of THEIR statements was paid. Even after that we still got calls. I had to send more letters to suppose their consumer office.

They then restarted the loan without our signatures for over $2,000. Sending us statements that we was missing payments. Threatening foreclosure. Attorney advised us to let them go and take us to court. He advised they would never want this in court because they would be facing a major lawsuit. In the meantime, they are holding our deed hostage. Over a year and still holding our house hostage. I'm seeing a consumer law attorney to file suit. Meantime... After we paid in full and restarted the loan without our permission they have reported to the credit bureau we are not making payments on a loan that was paid off.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

From what I've read from everyone else, they're either going through, or have already went through the same crap as I have, I should have gotten back a 177.00 From the overage on my insurance 2017, they said I was short, which was not true. Last year 2018, my insurance went down 1000.00. Again they had the nerve to say I was 487.00 short. I do believe it's time for a class action lawsuit against this company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

My original BFA loan was as others report, sold to these vultures. Nothing but one problem after another! In the past six months I have done everything I can to keep from dealing with them, such as using my bank bill service for monthly payments, use their website to find answers to my questions and submit requests through writing for things such as payoff amounts, etc.

Now, I need my end of year interest amount for my taxes, which are completed and ready to go with this exception, and true to the low rate outfit they are, this is impossible for me to get; I get "hijacked" every time I attempt to log in to my account online. Instead of going to my account, which I can see for one nano of a second, I am redirected to a screen with an announcement about refinancing. I DO NOT WANT TO REFINANCE!!! If I did, I most definitely would not refinance with this band of outlaws. All I want is to be able to complete my taxes. Other customers, PLEASE pray that we all win the lottery so that we can pay our way out of this Hell doing business as Carrington Mortgage Service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Had Bank of America who kept giving me the run-around in 2018 regarding the final $4,000 installment of a $24,000 insurance property damage claim from March 2017. I kept calling them because the repairs were complete and went thousands of dollars above the $24k so had to pay that out of my own pocket and wanted the last of the money to recoup some of my own money. After many months of stall tactics, they finally agreed to send someone to do the inspection. The inspector reported 100% completion on the repairs to my home. But, sly BOA had already sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Services - the inspection was done about 10 days after the official transfer.

On to Carrington in September 2018 - when I called them about the status they said they would have to send their own inspector but I would have to supply them with all of my documentation since BOA did not transfer any of that to them. They also stated that if I sent them the inspection documentation from BOA they would honor it. So contacted BOA who sent me an almost blank page but did have my loss draft account number, name and address and a line on it showing the repairs as being 100% complete. I sent this, via certified mail, with every invoice and image of signed cashed checks from my bank, along with 2 contractor W-9s for $15,000 of the work. The rest of the work was done by Lowe's- fence replacement and various workers who were referred to me (so didn't ask for W-9s or maybe they don't even have W-9s) but I did have their letterhead invoices and cashed checks.

I explained to both BOA and Carrington that I couldn't find a reputable contractor to take on the entire project due to the fact that everyone told me they were already booked for 2017 so I ended up having to manage my own project, outside of the initial emergency work. December 10, 2018 - almost 2 years after the storm damage, Carrington rep confirmed they had the documentation and asked if I wanted to request an inspection. I said yes. She told me I'd be contacted within 2 weeks of the call. I got a call second week in January 2019 with an automated message from Carrington asking if I wanted to request an inspection (press 1) if one was already requested, press 2. So I pressed 2.

I called them on 1/15/19 to find out why I still hadn't been contacted by an inspector. After reviewing my account and documentation, the rep told me that I didn't need an inspection and that I should be able to just get my check. He said he would request for the funds to be sent to me. I got an automated call on 1/18/19 stating that my request was denied because I needed to provide signed and notarized forms for W-9 using a form from their website, for everyone who provided service for this claim.

So there's 'the guy' I found to cut up and remove the 70 foot Hemlock tree (neighbors tree that only hit my house). This was so someone could get to the hole in the roof and the hole in the back of my house. Lucky to have gotten someone since this storm affected at least 3 counties so no help was to be found anywhere at the time-- we just ran around the town to see if someone would consider us a higher priority than other damages due to the gaping holes in the house and subzero temps. Then there's the guy he knew to remove the stump. The electrical guy, a friend of a friend, to fix a downed wire quickly, because National Grid was going to shut me down for a few days due to downed lines next to the house. There are many more but I can probably get W-9s from them.

What I won't get and don't have time for is the notarization-- are you kidding me??? Just send someone to my house and you'll see the work is done!! I also provided them with documentation of another $12,000 that I put into the house for other things as a show of good faith that I take care of my house! It wasn't money I planned on spending in 2018 but thought I'd better get those things done before the house was painted (as a result of storm damage) so that paint job wouldn't get ruined (by 1 chimney repair and 1 replacement, had to replace more than half of the roof myself - only the damaged part of the roof was covered by the insurance) and more...

They keep the money to make sure you're taking care of the house that they have a vested interest in. I've done more than show them that 'their' asset is being taken care of. Not only do I pay my mortgage on time every month, I also make sure my home is taken care of! I was so hopeful that Carrington would be better than BOA but they're not. I'm so disgusted.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Horrible...they offered a natural disaster forbearance and called me every day stating I was late even though they clearly saw I was on a forbearance. I have spent more time talking to Carrington representatives than I have our insurance company and suppliers repairing our home in Panama City. #CantGetMyTimeBack #ThanksForNothing #Harrassment

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My original bank sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Service and the customer service people are absolutely HORRIBLE. They ALL have attitudes. They ask a million questions to get in your personal business and act like you are the worst person in the world. They call you a million times a day if you are 3 days or more late with your mortgage. I would not pick this company as my first pick for a mortgage.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Just like many others my Mortgage was transferred by Bank of America to Carrington in September. Carrington did escrow analysis October and said there will be shortage which will be spread across my mortgage payment over 12 months or I can pay it off at once. I decided to pay off the shortage amount. After they received the escrow shortage payment, they ran another escrow analysis again and said there will still be shortage. I called them for explanation why escrow analysis was done twice with 3 weeks period. They could not give me any explanation.

Since they charge fees to pay over the phone or through online account. I used BoA Bill Pay for my mortgage payment, I submitted payment through BoA Bill Pay on 21st of November, when nothing was posted to my online mortgage account. It took Carrington about 3 weeks to post the payment to my account on 12 of December. That experience and being fearful of what will happen if my payment was not posted before the 15th of the month have made me to decide to pay them the $5 convenience fee to pay online. There is no way to contact Carrington through email, which I’m guessing they intentionally don’t want to leave paper trail for their deception services. This company is phony and too dishonest.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information