2. Mortgages
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.37/5

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My wife had a loan through 21st Mortgage for our home. I own the property and she owned the house. So we figured to just combine it all into one. Overall, the experience with 21st Mortgage was very good. Ryan, the one whom we dealt with, was very quick to reply to an email and was very professional. He was a pleasure to do business with. The only thing, I felt we were out of the loop on was that we had an appraiser that we paid to come out and do an appraisal on the property. But we didn't get any information on that.

I wasn't too keen with the lady that did all the notary as well. She was very sweet but she just seemed to be a little unorganized. We had to go back a second day to go meet. And we questioned one of the papers. We felt like we needed to sign, but she was like, "No, you don't need to sign that." We figured she knows what she's doing. She called me four days later that we needed to go back and sign that paper, and that was what was holding us up. Luckily, she wasn't that far from our office, so we were able to go meet up with her. It's still wasn't a bad thing. And my wife and I both were just waiting for something to pop that, "Oh, no. We can't do it." But we never got that.

We feel a lot better now that it's over. I still have questions because of the way it was though. It was two different pieces of properties subdivided that we all merged in together. And with you coming in only appraising one piece of the property, how does that work with the other piece of property. It was all paid for, but I'm just not sure how that falls into the equation. They could've explained that a little further. But Ryan was very good. The only downside was that we had to ask him, and he didn't hesitate to give us an answer even if he did not have the answer and shot straight and said, "I'm not sure about that. Let me find out." And he did. He followed up with us and he gave us the answer for the questions that we were asking.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I was aware of a mortgaged mobile home. My cousin was selling a home and 21st Mortgage was the mortgage lender she was aware of. The application process was pretty straightforward. There was direct contact but the majority of contact was through emails. Everything was done electronically pretty much. The application and underwriting took about a month. I took a pause.

But the need for an appraisal should have been upfront. I was approved for a loan and told I could go ahead and they would give me this much money for the loan. But once all of that was said and done, they were wanted to appraise the house because it was only worth $10,000. I had been told the entire process that I was getting $25,000 then was told there was quite a chance that I may only be getting 10,000. That happened right before the contract got sent. Everything else, like the background checks, was done. They said they needed this documentation and that documentation. But signing all the paperwork that was needed and emailing it was all done. We were then told that they had to have an appraiser come out and I had to spend $300-some on that appraiser.

When it came down to that we asked why this wasn’t told to us upfront and why were we waiting for the last-minute to be told this. Our loan officer's only reasoning was it was listed in the long list of documentation that was going to be needed and that that was what was going to be needed. But to me, I know for a fact it was listed second to last and that was the documentation. It was never brought up by her that it might be a good idea to get an appraisal first, especially because I couldn’t bring in my own appraisal company. I had to go directly through 21st Mortgage. Other than that, our loan officer was okay and I was confident working with her through the process.

It was all done online. They overnighted documents and stuff. I didn’t have to go in and meet with somebody in person because my schedule was really terrible and I had no time off. Everything could be done on the short 10-minute break that I had at work. I liked the ability to be able to contact my loan officer too. On the couple of times I called or the seller called, she got in contact with her. Now I have my very own first place.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I was going through a divorce and I needed a place of my own. My ex wife wanted me to rent an apartment while she kept the house but I didn't agree. So, I stumbled upon an alternative and that was a modular home. It's a double-wide type home, which is like a house. It’s on a slab and it’s got a driveway, a two-and-half garage, three bedrooms, two bath, and the whole bit. As far as my research went, there were not many lenders that lend for this type of house with a low rental. So, my realtor gave me a couple of options and I ended up doing an application online with 21st Mortgage.

The process was long and drawn out. I was also treated like I had bad credit. But I have excellent credit. The problem is, the interest rate is still high because I’m taking it as a high risk loan. It is so small that they have to give you a higher interest rate. But as someone who neither has his stuff together and take the pride in my credit score, I felt like I was still getting punished. And there should be guidelines to that. You could look at the history or look at my credit score before I get a 10 or 11% interest. So, I didn’t like that. But the fact that I’m in a house of my own again and I'm moving on, even though I have a mortgage now, makes it a lot easier.

Other than that, I liked the hospitality of the rep I dealt with, Jonathan. He was also nice and professional. He was lacking a little communication, but that was because apparently I was doing footwork for everybody. I had a deadline living with the ex, and I was doing all the running around and I was making things happen. It felt like it was all on me. Jonathan helped but things could’ve went a little smoother.

Still, 21st Mortgage helped me in the process of picking up the pieces and starting a new chapter in my life. My modular home was in remodel condition where I went in and had to paint things. I also made some updates. But to me, it’s a house. If I knew that this type of home was so cheap, I would’ve done this when I was younger instead of buying my first house. But buying a house is a lot easier. You can negotiate, haggle, and so on. With this, you really can’t. If you do, then you gotta go back to the lender and redo all the paperwork. Also, my loan process with 21st Mortgage took a month and a half to complete. It went quickly, but if it was a house it would’ve went quicker because of my credit score and the low interest. But that was me pushing it. I had to and I had no choice because I had a deadline to get out of the house of the ex.

Original review: June 2, 2019

The application was very easy and very quick. Everything was online. My mortgage loan officer, Ryan, was extremely quick in follow-up and answered all the questions that I had. He was was very helpful in providing guidance. He was awesome. I liked the way that he communicated and the knowledge that he had. He seemed like he was always available. He called me right back and kept me posted every step of the way. But once it was out of his hands, the back end was very slow and unresponsive. It’s like they are the people behind the curtain, which is, in this day and age, ridiculous.

I’m in the customer service business as well, and I would be in really big trouble if I did not respond or if I did not communicate. It was very difficult to get any answers. It was difficult to get the appraisal. I get that there are delays and people are busy, but this wasn’t a matter of being busy. The appraiser shared with me that out of the $600 that I pay, they get only $200 to do it. Nobody wanted to do it. Then on the closing end, it was like radio silence. There were a number of documents needed and they weren’t going through me. They were going through my realtor which I did not appreciate. So, there was a period of time where I had no idea what was going on, what’s the status or if it was even going to go through. 21st Mortgage could return an email, call me back and tell me what’s going on.

My expectations were a little bit too high for the completion process but my positive experience was more than it was negative. I appreciate everything that they did. At the end of day, everything worked out and I’m very happy. I’m glad that I went with 21st Mortgage. I would I do it again with them. They came through for me. It was a difficult piece of property and I understand that as well.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

We needed to move from the house we were in because the landlord decided to sell the place so we looked into buying a new home. Another mortgage company recommended 21st Mortgage to us. The guy who recommended them told us that when he had trouble getting approval for mortgages from his usual lenders, he would refer them to 21st because their people were really good about taking harder to find loans and they work with people a lot more. So, we called and talked to Matt. He helped us a lot and walked us through everything. Matt made it as simple as possible even though the application was long and annoying. He helped us with any information we may need and I can’t say enough about him.

He went to bat for us and really kept us encouraged and kept working on it. Also, whenever he had to get some information, he would call us and ask for it. And as soon as he got it, he’d call us and tell us that he received it so we can cross the things we have to do off the list. He made it a very pleasant experience in spite of the fact that it was a lot of work. Then, after all was said and done, I was extremely pleased to find out we were gonna get a lower monthly mortgage payment than what we were initially told.

The people who were selling the place asked us to rebid because they had other people who were bidding so we bid a little higher. And then, when Matt had the appraisal company come in, they appraised it at what we’d originally bid on the house and so, it dropped back down to that. I was pleasantly surprised that we ended up paying almost $100 less a month for the mortgage. It went back down to 165,000 instead of 175,000. The initial appraisal was that we would pay 1,375 a month for mortgage and it came out as 1,263, which made it easier on us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I was trying to get the place remortgaged and didn't have a lot of time on my hands. And 21st Mortgage moved a little faster than other companies. I let two other companies check my credit and do a hard inquiry, but they weren’t following through and getting back. I had to call them, but I shouldn’t have to chase them. They should be chasing me. And in the end, 21st Mortgage did the job.

But during the application process, they asked for a lot of things multiple times. The guy handling the paperwork asked for things over and over again, which was a hassle. I think he was misplacing things or forgetting that already asked. They also have a problem whenever you try to send them emails. They have to email you first and you have to reply to that email. I sent everything they asked for through the email, but they never could get any of it and didn't realize that they were getting it.

My land was tied in with the initial loan and they did an appraisal. The way that was supposed to work was that if the property and land appraised for higher than what they were expecting, then I would require no down payment and I would get the lowest interest rate that they offer. After the appraisal that I had to pay for, I found out that 21st Mortgage had lied.

I appraised at 130,000, but they decided to take what they considered the value of the house which was 83,000, which left me with a higher interest rate. I had improvements to the property and they said if I could show proof and receipts for the improvements, they would credit that. I don’t have a receipt for a tree that I went outside and cut with my own chainsaw. It put me in a box that I shouldn’t have been in. I didn’t credit for my hard work and labor in the property or the value of the land. If I hadn't already paid for the appraiser, been dealing with them for almost two months, and totally exhausted about the whole situation, I would’ve looked for somebody else.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I'm tired of paying rent. I applied online with 21st Mortgage and ended up going with a trailer loan. The process, which took three months, was good and easy. It was only difficult when I forgot to put my code on it. The representative was helpful a lot. Working with 21st was excellent. It got me a house. When I applied from my bank, I had to own the land. I couldn’t rent the land. But with 21st, you don’t have to own the land. They can improve though by having a lower interest rate.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Have not received my payment book i have called 3 times. I was told that it was ready to be sent on December 7 it would be here a about two weeks. I called again and told it would be here soon if not call again! I am still waiting!! Please sent to **.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We had a private contract and we wanted to go commercial. We built a couple of houses over the years and refinanced before, and the application process of 21st Mortgage took a little longer than most, but I understand. With what we had to go through to get what we wanted, it was worth it. The process went fine. Kayla, the loan officer, was good and she did her job. There were times when she called us that she did not have to. When we got an email, she checked it up. She kept us informed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

The community that I was purchasing to live at is with Triad and because it was for sale by owners, they have their strict stipulations. I just recently got divorced, so my credit is not the greatest, so I was denied for a loan through them. I reached out to 21st Mortgage and they approved me right then on the spot. And Joy was fantastic to work with. She made the process super easy.

We had started it right before Thanksgiving, so the holidays delayed it. But she was just very good at communicating. Every time I called her, she would call me back right away or send me an email and have this updated. We were able to get information back and forth so we could get it going as quickly as possible. As soon as she got information from the underwriter, she was relaying that to us so we could get more info sent over. I signed on December 12. And then it took about another week for the payment to be processed and received and to the other lender. Everything went smoothly.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information