4.7/5 (470 ratings)

About 21st Mortgage Corporation

21st Mortgage Corporation is a financier that helps people find and pay for a mobile or manufactured home. It offers affordable loans for these types of homes, even up to 100% lending for the cost of their home and land. 21st Mortgage operates in most of the U.S, and it places a priority on customer service and supporting those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home.

Pros

• Available in most areas
  • Sells insurance
  • Offers up to 100% financing

Cons

• Loans only for specific home types
  • No preapproval for loans

Bottom Line

21st Mortgage is a full-service financier that helps those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home. It also offers highly-rated customer service to help solve any problems customers might have.

Top 21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

21st Mortgage was very easy to work with, answered an and all question quickly. The mortgage corporation was very polite and ... knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this compa...

Verified

In speaking with Robby **, he was very helpful and very informative in answering my questions. He was caring and respectful. He did an excellent job. I would highly recommend call...

What is 21st Mortgage Corporation?

21st Mortgage Corp. is a lender that specializes in providing financing to purchase mobile or manufactured homes. To apply for a loan, go to “Start Application Process” on the company’s website. From there, create a profile and start an application. You need the following information to fill out an application:

• Social Security number, Tax Identification Number or Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad
  • Estimated purchase price or estimated refinance payoff amount
  • Initial investment (down payment, land equity or trade value)
  • Home information (year and number of sections)
  • Proposed home site
  • Name of seller, retailer or realtor

After you have submitted your application, a 21st Mortgage loan originator reaches out to you with an application decision. If approved, you can move forward to receive a loan for your manufactured or mobile home. It should take as little as four to six weeks for home loans and six to eight weeks for loans involving any real estate for your loan to become available.

21st Mortgage Corp. loan rates and fees

21st Mortgage Corporation can offer up to 100% coverage on your home, and closing costs may be a part of the loan in some cases. The minimum loan amount is $21,980 for person-to-person lending and $13,737 if you are purchasing from a retailer.

Interest rates most commonly range from 5.99 to 11.99% at the time of publishing, but your rate, loan and down payment are determined by credit quality, occupancy type and loan affordability.

The company may charge fees, including for title transfer and appraisal or attorney costs for closing. 21st Mortgage Corporation handles any additional work on the loan, which helps customers save time and money.

21st Mortgage Corp. FAQ

Who owns 21st Mortgage Corp.?
Clayton Properties Group owns 21st Mortgage Corp.
Is 21st Mortgage a bank?
21st Mortgage is not a bank. The company is a full-service lender that works with loans for mobile and manufactured homes.
What credit score do you need to finance with 21st Mortgage?
There is no minimum credit score in most states.
Does 21 Mortgage offer services everywhere?
The company provides service in 46 states.

Is 21st Mortgage a good lender?

21st Mortgage is worth checking out if you are looking for a financer to help buy a mobile or manufactured home. Many banks do not offer loans for these types of homes, but 21st Mortgage gives customers support and 100% financing in some cases, which is a great option for those looking to move into their home soon.

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

It was the first time I've ever done something like this and it was fine. The application process with 21st Mortgage was straightforward and the online website was simple and responsive. So, I have no complaints there and I was happy it all worked out. The application and underwriting process took about 20 minutes at most. It was a little difficult though to get in contact with people at the office and get a response that same day when I can’t always send emails outside of work. They close at 6:00 Eastern time, which is 3:00 over here and I get out at 4:00 as well as my sister. They could maybe have a helpline after closing or someone else who is able to respond after 3:00 PM. But when they were open, they responded quickly.

Bryan, the rep from 21st Mortgage, responded quickly anytime I sent him an email at the office. He presented us the information that we asked for and always provided a little more as well. But when I asked him a question, he would tell me the answers to it and if I had more questions, he would be specific and answer it. But 21st Mortgage could have handled differently the amount of information we got during the closing escrow costs. But it was probably more with the Realtor that we were dealing with too.

We were misinformed with what money was supposed to be had at closing and we had to take out a mall personal loan to try to fix that. Thankfully, the closing date was future-dated so it gave us a day to get that loan and come up with the rest of the money that was needed for the closing cost. 21st Mortgage got me a good loan. It’s difficult with the mortgage for mobile homes and there are not many options out there with today's market. But they were helpful for me. If people are looking for the same thing or something similar, 21st Mortgage is a very good choice to go with.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

We lived in a trailer home and we financed it through the park so there was no outside entity. We paid a mortgage directly to the park along with the taxes, and then the lot rent, water, and sewer. The trailer that we were at was a 1971 Valiant. It wasn't worth putting any more money into and we were starting to have issues. The furnace kept going. The deck was sagging. The yard was really small. So, I had inquired on a website that was a trailer home because I wanted to find out if the park accepted dogs because I have two.

When I had inquired on that website, I thought I was speaking with the park but I was speaking with Cross Country Mortgage. They set me up with a real estate agent. His name was Ron. I got approved for something like 150,000 on a house so we started looking for a house. We got disappointed three times, and I was like, “Okay. This is too much. I cannot emotionally take this anymore. Let's shoot for something lower.” We were being outbid. Houses needed everything from the asbestos tile. It’s was all kinds of crazy stuff, and I was like, “I cannot do this. Let's keep where we're at and look for something better, so look for something nicer.” So when I spoke to Ron, he talked to his boss and his boss recommended 21st Mortgage and said that they were specific in mobile home loans.

When he got with me with that information, I contacted 21st Mortgage. Within 24 hours, they were back in contact with me and sent me a list of the things that they wanted. I already had them on my phone because I just sent them to Cross Country. So, I sent all that to them and the process started. From that point on, it was truly seamless. There were only a few little glitches like the website asked me for my current residence. So, I sent a copy of my current lease. They thought that that lease was the lease for the new place and that kind of got messed up. I was like, “No. That's for the old place.” The rep asked me for my current address. I figured a lease would suffice, and my current address where I'm currently living at. So, we got all of that. They were right on it with whatever it was that I needed to clarify.

21st Mortgage was truly amazing. They walked me through everything every step of the way. It was really nice with them explaining everything because I had never purchased a home or trailer. I didn't even understand what I was doing then, but they took the time to explain everything to me step by step and what to expect going forward.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

The process for the mortgage was very smooth, rapid and really simple. When we applied, they approved us in less than 24 hours. They gave us a list of things that they needed. We sent them and we had the appraisal done. There was a problem with the title, but they worked very diligently to handle it and get resolved. We did everything over the phone or through the mail. The first gentleman we spoke to worked through it with us and then he went on vacation. Unfortunately, he did not give me the name of the person who was taking over for him, so I went through three people. That upset me. I understand people have to go on vacation, but there should have been someone dedicated to take over our account.

I got to the point where I was getting so frustrated. It wasn't their fault. It was the owner’s fault, because of him messing with the titles. But they were all very helpful. I was, at one point, hysterical, and they calmed me down and said, “We'll get through this.” They were very personable. They didn't just say, “We'll get through it. Don't worry about it.” They were very nice about it.

We would have enjoyed a lower rate, but our credit scores has a lot to do with that. We were a little shocked at the rate. I get a Social Security disability and my husband made enough money to get the mortgage on his income. However, my credit score is higher. They used his credit score because of his income. They didn't include my income, they looked at my credit score, but did not include my credit score in the process. If they would have used mine as well, we could have gotten a lower rate. But I'd still recommend 21st Mortgage.

Original review: May 7, 2021

My first contact with First American was by filling out the information on their website. Then I received a phone call from someone. They gave detailed information and were able to point us in the right direction, who we needed to talk to within the company. We received a preapproval status quickly but an actual approval took maybe a week and a half to finally hear back from somebody.

21st Mortgage's process is self-explanatory. But as fast as paperwork is sent, sometimes it does still take a little bit of time for things to process through. Making it easier to send paperwork back and forth would be a lot easier instead of having to wait for the snail mail to deliver stuff. Our seller moved to Florida and there were a couple times I had to go pay for postal service to send something to her. She needed to sign something but our original signatures needed to be on it somehow. And so, something like that would make it a little bit easier instead of having to wait for the snail mail to deliver stuff.

I wish the portal that is used when new paperwork is available for you to see or sign would notify a little differently to let you know that there is new update or new paperwork on your account. Also, once you click on it and you acknowledge, that it would relay back that you looked at it. I got sent multiple things of the same thing and every time I go click on it, and I get another email saying they needed me to look into something and it's the same thing over and over again. Some type of system where it acknowledges that the customer already clicked on it and read it or signed it would be good.

Drew, the loan officer who helped us, was fantastic. The only complaint that I had heard was when our title company was trying to get information or communicate with him, they were going through his assistant. I don't know if it was because of the pandemic or if they weren't working in the office or what the deal was, but the assistant wasn't relaying any information over to Drew or responding to emails so things were getting held up because of that. The communication between Drew and I was great but between the title company and him and 21st Mortgage, it wasn't.

Original review: April 4, 2021

After I was denied a loan application for a repossessed home through Triad Financial, which is another manufactured home company, I did some searching. I saw that 21st was in the top five, so I applied online for the home and got approved. That particular home was in the state of North Dakota, and we're in the state of Texas now. When I spoke to Ryan, who was my loan processor, I loved working with him. He is a great asset to have. I said, "Tell me about what it's going to take. We're not looking at just a lot. We're looking at five acres of land that already has an established manufactured home on it, singlewide.” Ryan said, "As long as it appraises out, it doesn't matter the year, how many acres there are."

Although 21st's down payment was less than others, I paid for that in the interest rate that I had due to some unforeseen circumstances a couple of years ago. Other than that, Ryan said everything was good to go and reapplied for this home. It was easy for me to transition without having to go back through a different company, find something else, and find somebody else who can get me a rate. It was just a matter of we knew that they were in the back pocket. We looked at first time homebuyer opportunities but the home didn't qualify for it, so we said, "Well, we're already approved. Let's move forward."

The terms were fair, but I didn't care at all for the interest rate we were given. We knew that this was a two to three-year home before we would go into something bigger. This is a singlewide, but the intention is to have some more of a permanent home style or a double or triple wide. At that point in time, hopefully, the interest rates will be lower. It was a struggle for my fiancé when I was telling him what the interest rate was. His buddies and our friends were refinancing their homes at 2.3 and we were at 8.6. When we looked at it in the long term of things, it wasn't all that far off if were to just purchase land, not a home on it. They’re six and three quarters, maybe seven and a quarter percent.

We closed in 68 days and part of it was appraisal issues. I had to be in contact with the appraisal company to try and move things along a lot faster and quicker. That was a little frustrating, but we can't do too much about that. The night before we were closing, we had to do an emergency run through. I had to sign off on one sheet because of the appraisal side of it. I got everything through, but then they had technical difficulties and we didn't get our loan papers until mid-morning of the next morning. Other than that, I appreciated the fact that I could contact 21st, and I could be in the know of where things were at. I also appreciated the kindness that the employees were giving me and treating me with.

With the title company and our realtor though, I don't wish them goodwill. They set themselves up for the way that they were treated. I had to contact 21st Mortgage and say, "I apologize for the way that they have treated you." I'm not going through that realtor and that title company again. They're like, "Well, this is how 21st Mortgage is." I said, "You don't know what I have been through in the last 60 days trying to get this thing closed. You're here on the inside of it just wanting to get this done. Yes, I want to get it done too, but you can't tell me that they're being late on things or takes them forever. They didn't know that the appraisal company had changed things." I called 21st Mortgage and they're like, "We're still set to close on December 30th."

When I called December 28th to the appraisal company and said, "Hey, where's the appraiser at? This was supposed to be done last week or the week before." They said, "He can't do it now." We had to open it up to somebody else. I'm like, "Are you going to tell us that or are you going to tell the bank that?" We planned for December 30th, but we ended up closing on the 26th of January.

My experience with 21st Mortgage was phenomenal because of the fact that they allowed me to do things where I didn't have to wait on somebody else to do it. Ryan told me, "These are the people that you have to contact. This is their number. This is their email. This is how you pay them." If things weren't getting done, I was calling them. Some people might think that's the bank's problem to deal with, but the bank people have a lot of other things to do. If I can move this along and help them move it along, I'm benefiting myself out of this deal.

21st Mortgage is rated as high as they are because of the opportunity that I had gone through with them. The other fact of it is that they have employees who care, who stay beyond their normal time to get things done the day before closing. Even with technical glitches that occurred, we were still able to close on the same exact day that we had (it was our third closing date). We were still able to get everything done and be in compliance with what we needed to be done with.

In the market and in the situation that other banks were in, we closed in a very good timeframe. Based on the condition of the home and the sellers, they didn't think that their home was going to sell for at least six to nine months. We placed an offer on it in a week and a half of after looking at it and that was due to the fact that we were already preapproved with 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

When we originally bought the house in my daughter's name two years ago, 21st Mortgage was recommended. When I purchased it off my daughter, I decided it would be easier to stay with them since they had all the documents. The only mess up was the loan officer was saying one thing, but the other people were still asking for the same documents that he already had. They kept emailing us, wanting us to finish sending documents.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Stephen ** was very nice and helpful to me. I appreciate his hard work and knowledge. Had a question to change my auto payment from removing one bank account to another. He told what was needed to change it. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Your customer service dept. is wonderful to work with! Always quick, pleasant and helpful. The hold times are very minimal (the hold music is pretty good too).Thank you all for your hard work! It is very much appreciated!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

There were several back-and-forths with the auditors, which were frustrating, but all eventually worked out. I also wish that there had been a really clear welcome call which went through the online portal in a way that helped me understand where, how to find things. Eventually, I figured things out.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

21st Mortgage is the best mortgage company out there. They truly are experts in their field. If you have any questions during the process they are always there to pick up the phone. If not they will return your call as quickly as possible. They helped me buy my modular in the easiest and fastest way possible. They process everything as soon as you send in what you need for loan. They are professional and courteous and most of all they make buying a house easy. If you need a modular home this is the place to consider! THEY ARE THE BEST!! THANK YOU 21ST MORGAGE!!!

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information