4.5/5 (529 ratings)

About 21st Mortgage Corporation

21st Mortgage Corporation is a financier that helps people find and pay for a mobile or manufactured home. It offers affordable loans for these types of homes, even up to 100% lending for the cost of their home and land. 21st Mortgage operates in most of the U.S, and it places a priority on customer service and supporting those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home.

Pros

• Available in most areas
  • Sells insurance
  • Offers up to 100% financing

Cons

• Loans only for specific home types
  • No preapproval for loans

Bottom Line

21st Mortgage is a full-service financier that helps those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home. It also offers highly-rated customer service to help solve any problems customers might have.

Top 21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

21st Mortgage was very easy to work with, answered an and all question quickly. The mortgage corporation was very polite and ... knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this compa...

Verified

In speaking with Robby **, he was very helpful and very informative in answering my questions. He was caring and respectful. He did an excellent job. I would highly recommend call...

What is 21st Mortgage Corporation?

21st Mortgage Corp. is a lender that specializes in providing financing to purchase mobile or manufactured homes. To apply for a loan, go to “Start Application Process” on the company’s website. From there, create a profile and start an application. You need the following information to fill out an application:

• Social Security number, Tax Identification Number or Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad
  • Estimated purchase price or estimated refinance payoff amount
  • Initial investment (down payment, land equity or trade value)
  • Home information (year and number of sections)
  • Proposed home site
  • Name of seller, retailer or realtor

After you have submitted your application, a 21st Mortgage loan originator reaches out to you with an application decision. If approved, you can move forward to receive a loan for your manufactured or mobile home. It should take as little as four to six weeks for home loans and six to eight weeks for loans involving any real estate for your loan to become available.

21st Mortgage Corp. loan rates and fees

21st Mortgage Corporation can offer up to 100% coverage on your home, and closing costs may be a part of the loan in some cases. The minimum loan amount is $21,980 for person-to-person lending and $13,737 if you are purchasing from a retailer.

Interest rates most commonly range from 5.99 to 11.99% at the time of publishing, but your rate, loan and down payment are determined by credit quality, occupancy type and loan affordability.

The company may charge fees, including for title transfer and appraisal or attorney costs for closing. 21st Mortgage Corporation handles any additional work on the loan, which helps customers save time and money.

21st Mortgage Corp. FAQ

Who owns 21st Mortgage Corp.?
Clayton Properties Group owns 21st Mortgage Corp.
Is 21st Mortgage a bank?
21st Mortgage is not a bank. The company is a full-service lender that works with loans for mobile and manufactured homes.
What credit score do you need to finance with 21st Mortgage?
There is no minimum credit score in most states.
Does 21 Mortgage offer services everywhere?
The company provides service in 46 states.

Is 21st Mortgage a good lender?

21st Mortgage is worth checking out if you are looking for a financer to help buy a mobile or manufactured home. Many banks do not offer loans for these types of homes, but 21st Mortgage gives customers support and 100% financing in some cases, which is a great option for those looking to move into their home soon.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I bought a mobile home and the process with 21st Mortgage was long. We started in the beginning of May and finished the beginning of July. They didn't explain to me the list of the things that they needed. They just gave me the list and said they needed those. I finally found out that there were certain things I had to get done and I didn't even know that I had to do it. I thought it just came through the mortgage. Not knowing, that made it prolong the situation. They could have explained it a little bit better and told me exactly what they needed.

When I got my flood insurance and while we were waiting, I asked if there was anything else they needed so we could get this done before the people come back with their verdicts. The guy told me everything was good and that all they needed was for them to come back with the clearance. After the clearance came back, the guy told me that something was wrong with the insurance. But we had to wait two weeks. The house would have been done a little quicker. They were ready to close on the house on the 28th of June. So, it prolonged another three weeks because they took long to do things.

The rep I was working with answered the phone every time I called and answered all my questions. In that sense, he was good. I never had an issue with that. The only issue I had was, as we're waiting and sitting on something and it's out of our control, we should be working on stuff that is under our control and get it all done. So by the time they were done doing what they were asked to do, we were done with our stuff. But other than that, the rep was fine.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

For four years, we had a small three-bedroom, two-bath modular manufactured home. We bought it for retirement because it was only about 1,000 square feet. But four years ago, my daughter passed away and she has seven kids, so we took on five of them. We were so crowded for four years. We were saving our money and looking for a bigger mobile home so we bought this four-bedroom, two-bath in a park in Spanaway. 21st Mortgage was the only one we knew of that would do a manufactured home in a park. But it took a long time.

Our Realtor was Carla, my daughter-in-law and she sells real estate too, and she helped us and kept sending stuff to 21st Mortgage. Then, they sent it to escrow and the papers got lost. She had to resend four times. First, we were supposed to sign this 30th of July but they extended it to the 13th. Then, they extended again. And extended again. It got to the point where we paid a week of the lot space at the new place in our escrow and they couldn't get out right away because they were trying to get into their place. They were using the funds from us to buy a newer place so it was a challenge when we got moved. I sent them out our first payment due September 1st.

It all worked out okay. We got in the mobile home but we had septic problems. It all backed up the first day we moved in. We didn't have water and I had to call the manager. She sent the septic guy out and he looked at it and he said that something was stuck in our pipes. All of a sudden it cleared up for one night, a couple of the kids could take a shower and then, they started backing up worse. So, I called the manager back again and he came out. He discovered it was not our fault. Anything under the mobile home was on us and anything out of the mobile home was on them. So, he got it all working good and we're just trying to get settled. We're happy with the home and I'm so glad 21st Mortgage gave us the loan because the home is so much bigger and everybody's gonna be happier.

The reps were okay. It's just that they kept extending and extending because they needed this and that. We kept sending them and then, they said they wanted us to sell our other home before we got into this one. And I said no. With five kids, I won't be able to show the place and sell it. I said we have paid for it and we just want to get the best price out of it.

We get Social Security in all the kids. The boys get from their dad and my daughter's other kids get her Social Security. So, we kept sending them proof of that and they didn't like that. So I had to go to Social Security and get an actual paper from them that they're okay till they're 18. When they're 18, they drop off but the other kids get the benefit. It's just 21st kept losing stuff and asking for stuff. It was almost impossible. They put us through so much. We sent them the first three months bank statements. I get a Social Security account and then I move some money to their savings account and get it all organized. So, I don't know why they couldn't get all that information off of our same statements. But it's all over and we're happy.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I was looking at having a trailer built from scratch and 21st Mortgage was one of the companies that was recommended I go through. When I found my home, not very many people lend for trailers so I went with 21st right away. It was a 30-day process and it was really great. The only complaint that I had was the whole appraisal situation. They didn't have any way to get in contact with the actual appraisal company. And then my lender was out of the office. I also had a certain deadline that the sellers were gonna back out if it wasn't done by said day. I contacted 21st and ask them what was going on. The sellers haven't heard anything from the appraisal company. Come to find out, they went a different route with it because we couldn't get ahold of the appraisal company.

On timeframe on how everything works, I was told, “Oh, okay, now we've done this process. Oh, yeah, by the way, you have to wait three days before you can sign any documents.” I had to inform the sellers of that and it was a little frustrating. Here we thought we got our documents signed and everything was good. And then we still had to wait that extra three days that we were anticipating. That put a little bit of a strain on things. Also, the sellers weren't going to release the keys until they have the checks. That was another strain. Other than that, things were really good for the most part. It was just making it a little more open book and very blunt.

We put the offer in the 23rd of February. On the get-go, I informed the rep Lindsey that we needed to be closed and everything done by the 1st of April. I ended up taking an extra five days. But that was me calling every day and asking, “Okay, where are we at? What are we missing? What do we need?” If there was that more open book communication, I wouldn't have felt like I had to harass every day to ask what the hold up was. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my rates and terms. It works for me. I went through a house loan process with an actual bank within my community and it was nothing compared to the cut-and-dry of 21st, besides a few little hiccups there.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

It was the first time I've ever done something like this and it was fine. The application process with 21st Mortgage was straightforward and the online website was simple and responsive. So, I have no complaints there and I was happy it all worked out. The application and underwriting process took about 20 minutes at most. It was a little difficult though to get in contact with people at the office and get a response that same day when I can’t always send emails outside of work. They close at 6:00 Eastern time, which is 3:00 over here and I get out at 4:00 as well as my sister. They could maybe have a helpline after closing or someone else who is able to respond after 3:00 PM. But when they were open, they responded quickly.

Bryan, the rep from 21st Mortgage, responded quickly anytime I sent him an email at the office. He presented us the information that we asked for and always provided a little more as well. But when I asked him a question, he would tell me the answers to it and if I had more questions, he would be specific and answer it. But 21st Mortgage could have handled differently the amount of information we got during the closing escrow costs. But it was probably more with the Realtor that we were dealing with too.

We were misinformed with what money was supposed to be had at closing and we had to take out a mall personal loan to try to fix that. Thankfully, the closing date was future-dated so it gave us a day to get that loan and come up with the rest of the money that was needed for the closing cost. 21st Mortgage got me a good loan. It’s difficult with the mortgage for mobile homes and there are not many options out there with today's market. But they were helpful for me. If people are looking for the same thing or something similar, 21st Mortgage is a very good choice to go with.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

We lived in a trailer home and we financed it through the park so there was no outside entity. We paid a mortgage directly to the park along with the taxes, and then the lot rent, water, and sewer. The trailer that we were at was a 1971 Valiant. It wasn't worth putting any more money into and we were starting to have issues. The furnace kept going. The deck was sagging. The yard was really small. So, I had inquired on a website that was a trailer home because I wanted to find out if the park accepted dogs because I have two.

When I had inquired on that website, I thought I was speaking with the park but I was speaking with Cross Country Mortgage. They set me up with a real estate agent. His name was Ron. I got approved for something like 150,000 on a house so we started looking for a house. We got disappointed three times, and I was like, “Okay. This is too much. I cannot emotionally take this anymore. Let's shoot for something lower.” We were being outbid. Houses needed everything from the asbestos tile. It’s was all kinds of crazy stuff, and I was like, “I cannot do this. Let's keep where we're at and look for something better, so look for something nicer.” So when I spoke to Ron, he talked to his boss and his boss recommended 21st Mortgage and said that they were specific in mobile home loans.

When he got with me with that information, I contacted 21st Mortgage. Within 24 hours, they were back in contact with me and sent me a list of the things that they wanted. I already had them on my phone because I just sent them to Cross Country. So, I sent all that to them and the process started. From that point on, it was truly seamless. There were only a few little glitches like the website asked me for my current residence. So, I sent a copy of my current lease. They thought that that lease was the lease for the new place and that kind of got messed up. I was like, “No. That's for the old place.” The rep asked me for my current address. I figured a lease would suffice, and my current address where I'm currently living at. So, we got all of that. They were right on it with whatever it was that I needed to clarify.

21st Mortgage was truly amazing. They walked me through everything every step of the way. It was really nice with them explaining everything because I had never purchased a home or trailer. I didn't even understand what I was doing then, but they took the time to explain everything to me step by step and what to expect going forward.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Naomi got me what I needed in less than 5 minutes. Very professional and respectful customer service. Thank you 21st Mortgage. You made the process easy getting the loan and now easy once we have it if something is needed. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I just purchased my 1st home and couldn't have done it without 21st Century and Kayla **! Kayla was always calm, always professional, and helped me navigate a process that was brand new to me at every step along the way. Thank you so much Kayla! My 2 young children and I finally have our own little home and it's so exciting I even look forward to cutting the grass. I'd give you 6 stars out of 5 if there was a way to do it. :)

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

We began the process with Katherine where she would ask for the same paperwork over and over with information we have already given her. She delayed the process for so long our interest rate went up by three percent with no fault of our own. This is going to cost us thousands in the long run. I have emails to show when I sent documents/pictures multiple times. My wife finally decided we have had enough and asked MULTIPLE TIMES to transfer to another loan originator which was a hassle in itself. We were then transferred to Kayla who was extremely kind and helpful with completing our process in an efficient manner. Showing my wife and I that the process should not have gone on for as long as it did and that our interest rate is a reflection of 21st Mortgage’s awful service.

21st Mortgage Corporation response

Adrian, we understand how your situation would be frustrating and are sorry that you felt our service was anything less than outstanding. If you would like to discuss your account in more detail, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department at 800-955-0021.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

At 21st Mortgage they were great to work with. My loan coordinator was Drew **. He was great. He always answered my questions promptly and work with the community representative to get the job done. I would recommend them to anyone I know that is looking into a manufactured home.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

New mortgage to purchase a home. Rep was condescending and not forthcoming with information. He did not try to help us in any way. We received more help from the backup person while he was on vacation. Never experienced anything like it. Would not recommend.

21st Mortgage Corporation response

Xx Xx, we set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Our goal is to provide the best in customer service and for the process to go smoothly and efficiently. We regret that you felt the process did not meet this standard. If you would like to discuss your account in more detail, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department at 800-955-0021.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information