Call toll free
4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

890 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We checked around with other banks and finance companies. We decided to give 21st Mortgage a shot. Ryan was very informative and prompt on everything. Ryan was also very patient on our many asked questions. They communicated with us, our realtor, and attorney promptly every step of the way. Was a very pleasurable experience with no pressure at all. A+++.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

21st Mortgage's reps are very good at what they do. We applied with them for a vacation that we bought and their process was very easy. They also got right back to me and I really liked the way that they handled things. As opposed to other mortgage companies, 21st Mortgage is really thinking about you and that was great. But the house was in an area where there aren't a lot of people. It's three-miles off the road, so getting people to go in there and inspect it thoroughly was an issue. We wanted the process done thoroughly, plus we had the holidays, so that kind of held things up a little bit. Other than that, our loan officer was Kellie and she was awesome. If I didn't talk to her, she was calling me. She was constantly on the phone and helping me with different things that I left blank on the application. I would like to thank her and have somebody there acknowledge her expertise in everything.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I really enjoyed working with Katie because she helped me the entire day with my situation that me and my husband were dealing with these past two years. We need more people like her when doing customer service for any company because she work with you during the whole process. I'm glad that she came in when she did. Overall, I really appreciate her help. Katie **/Customer Service thank you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Obtaining my mortgage through 21st Mortgage Corporation was a good experience. Their rep was helpful and I felt comfortable working with him. In the end, the application and underwriting process only took about a month.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Our credit manager did not allow us to have a good experience with 21st Mtg. One day, we were issued an approval notice and the next day a denial notice was issued. Between the period of 2 weeks, we were sent 4 approval notices and 4 denial notices. It was hard keeping up with whether it was "approved" or "denied". When we called to ask about the "going back and forth" of approval and denial, she explained that the "approval" notices were "Pre-approval". Nowhere on the "Approval" notice does it state Pre-approval. It clearly states "Approval Notice" and clearly says "You have been approved".

Then 5 hours later the same day, another denial notice was received. Very, Very poor service. You clearly do not send someone an "Approval" notice until all bottom lines are calculated and you are positively sure that it is APPROVED. She tried to state that it was contingent upon receiving documents. Nowhere in the approval notice does it state "contingent upon". Very, very dissatisfied and would not recommend at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Applying for the 21st Mortgage Corporation loan took several tries going back and forth before we got all the information together. We made the application in December and we closed two weeks ago. They didn’t ask us, though, about when the time of our payment would be due and they set it up at the 1st of the month but being on Social Security, there are times that the funds don’t get there until the 3rd day of the month and if the funds are not there, then we would be penalized and it’s not right. So we are gonna have to work on getting the payment to come out on the 4th or the 5th. But other than that, the people that helped us during the process were very good. Keep up the good work. I would definitely recommend 21st.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

21st Mortgage gave me the loan for my mobile home and everything was good with the application. It was easy but it took a long time for some papers that the seller needed to turn in and the application and underwriting process took around three months. But the rep who helped was really nice and I was really comfortable working with her.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We recently purchased a modular home and there wasn’t a lot of companies who loan money on them. When we got the basic mortgage on the modular home from 21st Mortgage, there were a lot of paperwork getting it and because of electronic transferring, some paperwork didn’t come through. The application and underwriting process took almost a month. There were some things added and there were some things that they didn’t accept. There should be order and a list of things given right upfront of everything you need because it seemed like we were told we needed this and then next week and the week after that, we needed that. So, it was a little confusing.

The rep did everything he could do and he was great. We had no problems at all with him. He contacted both my wife and I. Every time we called or emailed, he got back to us right away on what we needed. We had phone numbers to reach and email. I’m not blaming anything that happened on the guy that we worked with. He was doing his job and everything went relatively smooth. We were referred by another customer in the park where we live now and I would be fine with recommending 21st Mortgage Corporation for somebody else to get a loan through this.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

An ad of 21st Mortgage showed up on the website that I was looking at for manufactured homes in my area. Their logo was pretty so I called them. Karen, the loan processor that I worked with, was awesome. 21st Mortgage sent me a packet of documents and different things that they needed and I emailed these back to Karen. She was right on top of everything and walked me right through everything that I needed to do. She got right back to me. If she didn’t answer her phone right away, which she normally did, she called me back. If I emailed her, she would email me back within two or three minutes. It was amazing.

I wasn’t in a position to close until after the home seller had completed multiple improvements on the home and this delayed the lending process. But Karen helped me facilitate with the home seller for him to complete his end of the transaction so that we could close. She worked with him and his real estate company. Obtaining the mortgage from 21st Mortgage was easy and their lending process was great. The experience that I had with them was excellent.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I needed a mortgage to get a mobile home and 21st Mortgage was the first name that came up when I was searching for lenders on the internet. Their application and underwriting were standard and got completed for me in a couple of weeks. Justin was the loan officer who I dealt with and he was really good to work with. He was very prompt and he answered all the questions almost immediately. He was good through the entire process.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Working with 21st Mortgage was straightforward and everything seems to be going as expected. I was lucky and there wasn't a lot I had to do. I'm looking forward to having to move in a good direction.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The process of getting a mortgage from 21st Mortgage Corporation was easy and quick. Most of the stuff went through email and the rep was quick with her response. She was also helpful and patient. Everything went fine and I didn't have any issues with them.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I wanted to buy another property and 21st Mortgage Corporation was the only company that would finance the mobile home that I wanted. I called them and they took the application over the phone. I’m self-employed and proving my income wasn’t that bad. They made it easy. The property that I purchased was in the hands of a guardian though and he stalled the process for about six months. It wasn’t the mortgage company’s fault. 21st Mortgage Corporation was ready almost immediately. 21st was also very considerate and the rep that I dealt with was a nice gentleman and he was very helpful. It was a very good experience.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I needed a mortgage to purchase a used home and I went with 21st Mortgage Corporation. We did the process in-between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year, so it took a little longer than I wanted but that was just off holiday time. It was a reasonable time. It was all done over the phone and the internet and I was very pleased. The online application process was okay considering that I was not there face-to-face. Sometimes, I had to leave messages for the rep and she was responsive. For my credit score of 810 though, which is damn good, I could have gotten a better rate but my hands were tied and there were not many people that finance that kind of thing. Other than that, everything was great and I would recommend 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I bought a mobile home and needed a mortgage. I applied online for a mortgage with 21st Mortgage and the application process went very smoothly. I worked with the rep, Carl, and he was very good. The whole lending process took two months and I was very satisfied. I was able to get a mortgage from 21st Mortgage and I was very happy with them. It was a good experience and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

The process in general can be improved. When we got asked for a certain type of paperwork like paycheck stubs, I would ask mom for her side of paperwork and I would send my side of the paperwork. They would get checked off on the list but then they would ask us for the same thing two weeks later. They would approve my mom's and check it off but with mine, they would say they still needed something. But I had sent it to them with the same information they approved for my mother. Why did hers get approved and mine didn’t? And it's an email. I can understand if it was a paperwork faxed in and they missed that faxed sheet. They threw it into the shredder or it fell under the desk.

I don't know if it was a process or because we were a first-time buyer. But it was a hassle to keep sending the same piece of paperwork when they had already checked it off. I even had emails stating that it was checked off on a certain date. We were dealing with the same person too. It was the same email, same everything. But that was the only thing. On the other hand, the communication was great. The representative would call me and say what they needed or she would send me the email.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Kaylee **, received my request for a copy of my payment history. Within an hour or two I had the requested information in hand. Bravo, to your company for hiring such industrious and prompt employees, and kudos to Kaylee **, for being such a good and fast worker. I have a complete record of my requested payment history. You made my day a whole lot less stressful. And similar Kudos to Spencer, who instructed me as to how to format my email request, for authorization to release information. Thank you, so very much!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My other company doesn’t take credit for mobile homes, while 21st Mortgage's interest rate is good for the credit. It took one month to get my loan though, which was a long time. Al in all, it was a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I refinanced recently with 21st Mortgage, so I can buy my own house. We had to prepare the closing documents, take some pictures of the property, make sure everything is still the way that it is supposed to be, and have the closing down payment. We conversed with the loan officer mainly through email and he sent me updates every single day nonstop. I knew the progress that we were at and what was going on, so it was really helpful. Even on the days that there were no new updates, I still received an email saying what else they needed as far as paperwork goes, what was going on, and what was being looked at. He was very good.

However, I had an issue on my end with the account number not being recorded correctly, so I couldn’t make timely payments. I still had to repay and revisit the website in order to make payments. And every time that I've called them in the very beginning when I purchased the home, it ended up showing as principal instead of a monthly payment because I pay half a month in advance. When I was able to call them and tell them that it was my next month's payment rather than the principal comment, they switched it over no problem. 21st Mortgage took it over the phone, so they made it pretty convenient. I like them and I would tell others to consider them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I was tired of paying rent which prompted me to look into a mortgage. Initially, I was working with another company and it took 8 months with no results. It was a bad experience. I was then referred to 21st Mortgage. I submitted an application to them and it all went quickly. 21st told me how much I would be approved for. I initially wanted more and a new home but they didn’t approve me for that amount so I went with a used home for the smaller amount. They stayed in contact and it was less hassle. The loan officer I worked with was very easy to reach. If I wasn’t able to get her, she would always call right back within regular time and it was never a long wait. She always responds to my emails and she was very efficient. It was an overall pleasant experience like it should be. I would recommend 21st Mortgage. It is the company that people should look into.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I was already tired from paying rent too much so I looked into a mortgage and the agent gave me 21st Mortgage. Everything that they did it was all nice. They helped me out with a lot of things, trying to find me a good place and a house. Also, it was pretty great and pretty helpful with the officer. The thing that I didn't like is they took a long time to process everything. But I understand that there were some papers that I was supposed to sign in and they couldn't get it ready. Other than that, everything was pretty good. I will recommend 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I needed a place to live but I have pets and rental was not an option, so I looked into getting a mortgage. There are not too many companies that do mortgage on mobile homes, and 21st Mortgage was the first one that I found that was willing to do that. The application was really easy. I submitted my documents and in less than 30 days, I was approved on everything. However, the problem started after that. We were approved in August and the closing should have been done in October, but we had to wait before we closed in December.

21st Mortgage asked for a document one at a time, and they did not multi-task. The document that they needed to proceed, however, was with the seller all the time, not with us. Every time they asked for something and the seller provided, but it was not what they needed, they had to start all over again. They asked for the funds for the mortgage but they did not request anything else from us until the closing. I believe that they should improve their process a bit by saying, "I need this document with these specific things," and then everything will be smoother.

I have a realtor who took care of everything because I work from 7:30 to 6:00 and I'm not allowed to do personal calls. I'm very grateful for her. But I know that she had a hard time sometimes because she sent emails and they were never answered, or she called and the call was not answered. She would ask to speak with the loan officer, and the loan officer would say that she would be the one to call. But the person who answered the phone said that she had to leave a message. My realtor had problems with them, and that was one of the reasons for the delays that we had for the closing.

Having known what my realtor went through, every time that I sent an email to 21st Mortgage, I was very specific and I demanded answers faster. In the email that I sent with the document that the loan officer required, I told her to verify that she received everything. Then they told me that I need to have my driver's license renewed in December because it will expire in January. They started pushing me to do it, but it is valid until January 6, so they had to wait. If I already get a new one, I will show it to them. They said that would be fine, and they left me alone. Personally, I did not have problems with 21st Mortgage. Every time that they asked me for something, I would respond, or if I asked them for something, they would respond to me. The application and underwriting process took less than 30 days, and that was wonderful.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

21st Mortgage Corporation was responsive. I was purchasing a manufactured home and the other lenders didn't get back to me. 21st Mortgage, on the other hand, responded and was approved by the community that I live in. Initially, they denied me though. I got tons of mortgages deny me because they said my score wasn’t enough. But there’s nothing in the rules that said they had a minimum. How the hell was I supposed to know that? They said they mailed it to me but they didn’t mail me anything.

As for the loan officer, dealing with her was good, at least when she was there. If it happened on holidays, she would say that she would call me back and I wouldn’t hear from her because she was on vacation. I was always calling her. She also didn’t seem to be very experienced. There was a whole process around verifying the $2,000 gift and although 21st Mortgage got what they wanted, they still wanted us to provide something. I gave them the bank statement to shoulder it and I did what they needed. But when it was down to the last thing, they were still asking stupid questions. They said they wanted to make sure whether it’s a gift or not. How were they gonna prove that it wasn’t a gift though? It was the stupidest question in the world. And everybody was there. The money was given to the buyer. All 21st Mortgage needed to know was whether the form stating it was a gift was signed.

It was because of the policies. 21st Mortgage needs to update their credit policies to the 21st century. They also asked me some antiquated questions that should be removed given that it’s 2019. They need to get more digital too. Instead of doing all the stuff through the mail and FedEx, they could have done it electronically. Nonetheless, the process was simple and relatively easy. The whole thing didn't even take 30 days. They were fast and I liked that. They got back to me within a week.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

21st customer service is terrible. Yes I have been late but that gives you no reason to talk to you any kind of way. They told me they're holding my insurance check because I’m late paying my mortgage and I have busted windows and bullet holes in my home from a drive by shooting. They suck. I will report to the BBB!!! No matter if I’m late or not they get the money!!! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! NO RESPECT. RUDE!! EVERYONE DUE TO RESPECT!

21st Mortgage Corporation response

Natoya, I'm very sorry you have had a bad experience. Please call and speak to a customer service specialist about your situation.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have a previous loan with 21st Mortgage and they did a wonderful job. I bought a mobile home and used them again. I wasn't very knowledgeable about getting the loan and I have only done one before so the loan officer walked me through the process, helped me do what I needed to do and babied me all the way through. I was impressed with his professionalism and he was wonderful. He would email and call and was always available if I called him.

The application process was simple and pretty straightforward. They told us exactly what they wanted and we needed to provide it. But I had to deal with a real-estate agent from the mobile home park and she had done her own lending. My son was buying the mobile home that I owned before and he also used 21st. She tried to encourage us to go to a different lender and I was adamant not to. That was the only snafu that we had, otherwise, we would never do business with anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

My bank wouldn't take on the mortgage I needed for my manufactured home so I checked with other people and found 21st Mortgage. The process with 21st was very easy, except that I'm used to seeing people face-to-face, so that made it very difficult. I also needed certain things with the manufactured home that I had to wait and get, so the whole process took a while.

I spent most of my time talking with one representative, Adam, and he was really good. He returned my calls and explained everything to me in detail. He took so much time with me when I had questions. I asked a lot, as this was the first time I've ever done this, and he gave me the answers that seemed to satisfy me. I wasn't familiar with any of this stuff, and I didn't know I was gonna have to pay $500 out of pocket for an appraisal. Still, that was explained to me, and I had my choices to make, and I made them. It was just that I didn't expect to spend this much money trying to get a mortgage.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Excellent people. Excellent service. Very happy. Went above and beyond to make me happy and comfortable. I would recommend them to others and if needed, use them in the future. They were very thorough and detailed. They answered all my questions and was patient with me.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I called 21st Mortgage and told them that I wanted to finance a house. They then started emailing the paperwork and the application process was really simple. The rep whom I worked with was really fast to answer. She did a really good job.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I was looking at buying a tiny house and was checking how it could be financed and who could finance it. One way was I could get an RV loan since it's on wheels but the house was too small to be a mobile home mortgage so 21st Mortgage created the pilot program to offer tiny house mortgages. Getting the mortgage was very complicated and it was quite a pain. First, I have multiple jobs and that created confusion in regards to if I even qualified for the mortgage.

Once we got that resolved, there was confusion because the tiny house market was such a new niche and there wasn't any criteria or standards at the moment. At first, they were doing it like it was a manufactured home but it was on wheels so it was not considered as one. Then towards the end, they thought we had to have more money to license and register the tiny house so we had to educate them that that doesn't happen here in Oregon. All in all, I am the very first person to get a tiny house mortgage and the application process was a breeze. We were back and forth in underwriting for 30 days which was really quick.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I had the greatest experience with a very professional employee. Drew **. He is a great asset to the company 21st Mortgage. It’s hard to find someone anymore that is so devoted, educated and professional these days. He was always available to answer any questions I had and if not he would call me back or email me with an answer. He’s was always there if I needed to ask him anything about the paperwork. He is very compassionate and dedicated to his job and your company.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information