4.41/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1023 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

21st Mortgage had an application online and everything went smoothly as far as that went. But after all the paperwork was sent in, they did an assessment of the home, which I thought they should have done it first. If the home was not worth what I needed for the mortgage and my application was denied after going through all that, it would've been a lot of wasted time. The person I dealt with was very nice, helpful and responded quickly to any questions I had. However, the process also took a bit more time than it should have. We started in September and didn’t finish up until just before Thanksgiving. I figured it should’ve been about two weeks shorter than it was. When I sent in my application, they said I was approved. They told me all the stuff I needed to do, I started doing it, but I didn’t have the forms. Then all of a sudden, they sent me a packet with the forms in it. I had to go back, do all that and send it to them.

The problem was that I was in the process of getting a divorce. The house went to my ex-wife and I couldn't stay there. I was paying a couple hundred dollars a week for a hotel, which was very costly. When the process ended up going four weeks, the cost was dipping into my savings quite a bit. I reiterated to 21st Mortgage that I was paying for a place to stay every week, but they never gave me a, “This is when the closing is gonna be.” Luckily, I became friends with the people I bought the home from and I was able to see them when I needed answers for the home. If I didn’t know them, the process would've taken longer. I bought a manufactured home and there aren’t a lot of companies that do financing for them. If I was buying a regular home and had more to choose from, I probably would not use 21st Mortgage again. If I had to buy a manufactured home though, I would use them again.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

21st Mortgage was referred to me and at that time, I didn't have a buyer’s or credit history, so my options were very slim. I tried them out and they were the only one that accepted me. The process started with the initial application which I filled out and sent in. Once that was submitted, Scott reached out to me and said that we got the pre-approval notice. He then sent a list of documents which I had to send to him as well as the conditions department. It was a pretty big list but I knew that it involved a large amount of money, so they were gonna want a lot of security and information on me if they were gonna give me that kind of money. So, I understood that part.

After that, the appraisal was ordered and that went well. The steps worked as Scott walked me through and if he needed something, I sent it to him. I knew this because my Realtor told me that the first two weeks of the process were gonna be on me. If I got to submit the documents quickly, the process would move along faster. And since I wanted to move to my house, I gave what was needed in the next 48 hours.

Other than that, what impressed me the most about Scott was the fact that I told him straight off the bat that I’ve never had a payment before - that I never purchased anything - and he said that it was not a problem. He also explained everything thoroughly, patiently, and informatively. Also, no matter how many questions I had, there was never a sense of irritation in his voice and the answers weren't the type that was leaving you with a sense of, "Okay, what does that mean?" And if I had a question, I would just call Scott directly. He was very open with me and said that if I had a question, I could either call or send him an email. I understand that the email would take a little bit longer for a response simply because they have 30,000 emails that were coming through, so I would just call. If he had someone on the other line, he'd ask me to hold and within three minutes or less, he’d be quick over to me and he takes care of me.

However, 21st Mortgage is in a different time zone than I am so I only had an hour and a half after I got off at 3 o’clock to get in contact with Scott. If I had any questions, he would tell me he got an hour and a half to knock it out and try to catch him before he was off. But there was no way around that and everything still went smoothly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We were doing a new home purchase and it was a little beyond what we could afford outright cash. 21st Mortgage didn’t look at us like just a number. They’re good for people that have had credit issues. You might have to have a little bit more of a down payment down, but they don’t turn you away and say no. And that was a major, major thing for us because there are very good reasons why our credit is the way it is. Circumstances being what they were, it’s very hard when you’re looked at as only a number and not taken into consideration how you got there. 21st gave us a chance. Also, they’re the main lender of some of the homes.

The application process was easy and Kelly was awesome. She kept in great communication with me. Mostly, it was done through the email, but if I ever had any questions or needed to talk to her, I could call her. There were a couple of times where she was either out of town or had to go to a business thing and she wasn’t available. When that happened, she would always send me an email saying who to call if I had questions. So, we were never just left standing wondering what we would do next. Also, there were so many things that were frustrating with the seller but 21st Century Mortgage was actually very patient in waiting for her to finally do what she needed to do.

We knew we were approved within a couple days. It was a fast approval and they were friendly people. I’m looking forward because we’re really, really good on paying our mortgages and our bills. I’m really excited that at least with this mortgage company, it will show that we do on-time good payments. The interest rate is a little bit high but sometimes when you have difficulties in life and you are that number, and people that wouldn’t normally give you a chance do, some people are willing to pay that little bit of a higher interest rate just because this is your life. In order to get that, at least there are companies out there that will give you a chance.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We had a new home purchase, and went with 21st Mortgage because there aren't many providers around who will do a chattel mortgage on an older home or older than a 1976. It's a mobile home and it sits in a park. 21st Mortgage seemed to have the best ratings that I could find. The application was easy and I did it online. When I put in the application, it was approved about the next day. That impressed the living daylights out of me. But then, I've been working on getting our credit up in the excellent range, but none of my papers are in order. It took a lot of doing and it took about a month.

There were different little pieces of paper that just had to be done by 21st and couldn't be done by the title company here. Being that 21st is in Knoxville, Tennessee, and three hours ahead of us, it made getting in touch with them difficult, and they kept wanting all these different pieces of paper. There was a good deal of confusion because they send you a list of things that they require if you're working W-2's and all that good stuff, where you get your money from. The government has their hand-in because they need to know exactly where you got your down payment from. So you have to send all kinds of personal information and I'm not truly comfortable with that kind of thing, going through the ether with hackers out there.

They used the same one for buying a home and putting it on the property as they do for buying for a chattel type mortgage, which a home that sits on the leased property. I was looking at all that list and for the majority of states, a mobile home that sits in the park is considered either a vehicle, or a personal property. It's not considered a real estate so the page could be different. They could have two different sets of paperwork for each one.

You bring out chattel mortgage requirements as opposed to real estate requirements. It got confusing when it came to that. The things that they outlined that you were supposed to provide wasn't complete. Because we got hit with a couple of things that we didn't know we would have to do when we were sitting there signing papers at the initial closing date. And that had to be extended because 21st insisted, on putting in for the title, when the title company down here just want to cross the street with the paperwork and come back with a copy of that paperwork.

There were two programs, where we would get things in the email and we had to initial them using the new online verification that this person has signed this or has initialed this form. It was most frustrating in some areas. But the representative was very helpful to a point when I could get him. When I called 21st, I panicked because I needed a copy of their application. They had put in a copy for the application for title. They did not send that to me. But they did when I called and I finally got to the right person to be able to access it. That was cool.

For the most part, the loan officer came through with what he was saying. When I got ahold of him, I would ask questions and he would answer them, for that I would understand what was going on. Because when you get a bunch of papers, it can be confusing because they're not very clear on what they're requiring. Also, some of the things that they asked were things that no 55 Plus Park or any Park would sign those particular pieces of paper with. We went through a big bunch on that before we could find the piece of paper that they would accept. All it was and all that really should've been required is a piece of paper from the park saying the park lot lease is a certain number of dollars.

The two prior pieces of paper were legally not good. It was essentially like 21st was wanting power over the park. It's like an over paranoiac response to what happens if we default. They wanna make sure that they have access to the property. That's not gonna be a problem because they're showing as a lienholder and they would have first access. That wouldn't bother the park at all. But they were wanting to be notified if the rent was gonna be increased. They wanted approval.

We found out that that doesn't apply. But they sent out those papers. It's like somebody in the Underwriting Department and/or another department didn't quite know what this was. So they just automatically send up these pieces of paper, and of course the client, automatically forwards these paper, because I have no clue what they are, and then the park goes on the defensive.

But we managed to get it through to them that if they're not gonna come up with this, then forget the whole nine yards. I'll lose a thousand bucks but there is a point in your life when you don't wanna have to deal with that kind of thing. Even so, everybody was polite when I called. But the biggest thing was dealing with the time difference, and they're apparently not large enough to have a split kind of thing that would accommodate specific time. If I wanted to do anything, I would have to get a hold of them before 2 o'clock, my time. That can be difficult when by the time some things happened here then I didn't have much time to be able to call over there to get a question answered.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I went through a divorce and my ex-wife’s name was on my loan. I had to get it out of her name and just solely in mine. It was hard to find a mobile home company that finances mobile homes without a property attached to it and Florida only has two companies that do - 21st Mortgage and another company. Going through 21st Mortgage's loan process was a good experience. The lady who helped me helped out a whole lot and answered all my questions. She did a fabulous job. Every time that I had a question, I’d email her. She either responded right then and there or if it was close to quitting time, she would let me know what was going on the next day. She'd let me know what parts I still lack, what information they needed and anything that would help get it all squared away to where they wouldn’t see a loophole. She gave me feedback and if I didn’t understand it, I’d email her again and she’d rephrase it.

The process took about a month. I had to track down stuff and there was so much legwork that I had to physically do, but transitioning through things was smooth. I worried about doing things online. I didn't have to physically be there to talk and sign papers. They printed the papers that I had to sign and they were supposed to FedEx it to my house, but FedEx messed up. The papers didn’t get it to my house sometimes, so 21st Mortgage had to fax all the paperwork. That was only the glitch because it was a time-sensitive thing.

Now, I made my first payment and I’ve gotta let it sit up. I’ve gotta change the payments taken out of one of my accounts into another account. It just takes longer online to get the money withdrawal. But the lady in charge of the account helped me out on that part and everything has been going well. I would highly recommend 21st Mortgage for the promptness and getting in touch with you. Even if you’re not responding to them, they will try to reach out to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

This company has the worst customer service ever! I have never been spoken to so rudely and asked such inappropriate questions in my life! I own several houses, this is the only one financed through 21st mortgage and after dealing with the complete and utter unprofessional verbal attacks from these people I finally decided to sell the house so I didn't have to deal with them any longer. When I called to get the payoff amount - they asked me where I was getting the money from! What?!?! I told the young lady my finances were none of her business... She said "actually yes it is" and wouldn't give me the payoff amount until I gave her some explanation of where I was getting the funds to pay off the house.

Good Lord I cannot get away from this company fast enough! Just a simple transaction at any of my other mortgage companies turns out to be nothing but stress and anxiety when I am forced to deal with 21st mortgage. Run! Don't walk the other direction... There are way too many finance companies out there to put yourself through this!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I've used 21st Mortgage in the past, and I used them when I was buying a new home. The whole process was very good. They were very helpful and they had tremendous customer service. Every doubt that I had got answered. I dealt with Justin and it was very easy to get ahold of him. Whenever I talk to him, he’s very oriented and knowledgeable on what has to be done and who we have to contact to be able to get things done quickly. 21st Mortgage is very supportive and they are very eager through all the ins and out of the mortgage business.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We got a manufactured home loan and compared to other lending providers, 21st Mortgage was mostly available. It was also recommended. The application process took about 25 days, which was a timely manner for us. However, we had to wait almost a week for the person to get her money before we could move in. But when things are sent out, like through FedEx, it seems to be done that day, not the next day. It was a good experience overall and we enjoyed it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I was moving to a new area, and researched online to get mortgage, then applied with 21st. My loan officer was awesome and did a phenomenal job. The first week or so was pretty tough just trying to get a hold of him, but once I did, I found emailing him was better. It's just that, the underwriter's response on what needs to be turned in and approved was slower. I found that I would send something in on Monday, and I wouldn't hear anything back until Friday. Their response time may be faster on others depending on what it was. The process took about a month, and I wish they would expedite that. In my situation, I moved to my parents' house and was living with them for a month before I got into the house. And so, I felt the process was too long. I wish it was simpler, but I understand why it has to be so complicated, ever since the market went under. Other than that, everything was good.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I’m very satisfied with 21st Mortgage and their loan process. This is my second application with them and I was approved. The application was easy and took around 10 minutes to do. The complete process took around 20 days, and Taylor helped me with everything. We communicate by email. He’s a great salesman. I would recommend 21st Mortgage.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information