4.5/5 (463 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Sally Jones

About 21st Mortgage Corporation

21st Mortgage Corporation (NMLS #2280) is a full-service lender that helps people find and pay for mobile or manufactured homes. It offers loans for up to 100% of the cost of your home and land. 21st Mortgage operates in most of the U.S. but not in Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts or Rhode Island.

Pros

• Offers options for 100% financing
  • Fixed interest rates
  • Private mortgage insurance isn’t required

Cons

• Only available for manufactured and mobile homes
  • No pre-qualifications or preapprovals
  • No loans for properties in bad condition

Bottom Line

21st Mortgage specializes in originating and servicing loans for mobile or manufactured homes. Its rates are generally higher than the national average for mortgages, but that's not uncommon with these kinds of homes. You can view eligibility requirements and apply for a loan through the company's website.

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

It was fast and courteous. The person understood quickly what I needed done and completed the transaction very fast and with a great attitude. I would highly recommend this customer service to my friends and of course, I would recommend 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Very helpful and fast to get requested documents to me. Emailed necessary paperwork and they responded very quickly. Kudos to Andrew ** for his attentive and accurate information. Happy with the customer service that I received. Thank you very much.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The guy I was dealing with did a good job. He gave me the paperwork and everything needed. He answered my questions and was fast on my calls. I was surprised with doing things online. I'm not that computer literate but everything came out really well. If it didn't, my guy was on top of it. I deal with somebody from another state. I got insurance that they got all through another state here in Utah for the inspection. That's totally different not dealing with anybody in person. From start to finish, the process took over a month. 21st Mortgage pushed it through quickly. It took me a little over a month to get in because that's what they signed on it. The interest rate is quite high and I paid like 8, 9. But I know down the road here, I might jump in and I don't know if I can do a VA on top of that.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

21st Mortgage was recommended to me because they dealt with older mobile homes that I was looking at. The application process was good. There were a few hiccups but that was to be expected. There was gathering paperwork for them and getting those uploaded. Communication was excellent. If I left a message, they called back within the same day and they were very explanative. Someone actually did all the phone calls so it was very well organized. Chris was my advisor and he rocks. He had this great personality. He was very understanding and patient. He is somebody I would definitely want to work with again if I had to and somebody I would recommend to people. The rate was a little bit higher than I would have anticipated but they're private and not through a bank. That was explained. With today's rates, my rates are probably pretty close to normal. I'm three points over what it is right now. I'm paying 10.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Tyler ** is by far the most amazing person I’ve had to assist me at 21st Mortgage. Thanks Tyler. Respectful, Courteous, and Understanding are only a few qualities that Tyler possess. HELPFUL & PATIENT! He’s very, very consistent as well. (LOL) He will call back at the exact time.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

We applied with 21st Mortgage on the 31st of August and we closed on October 11th. That was partially my fault because I was out of town. The mortgage was for a home that we purchased for my mom. Communication was pretty good. There were a few issues but no major ones. The rep Justin was awesome. We had a situation where there was a little mix-up. It was the time we were supposed to close. Originally, it was towards the end of September. I was out of town and so was Justin.

The seller called 21st Mortgage with some questions like, "Where's my funding?" Whoever he talked to told him that there was still some stuff that was pending. The seller freaked out like it wasn't a done deal. He told his Realtor/our Realtor, "I don't want them having the keys to the house." But we already bought it and he just hadn't been paid yet. That was a miscommunication. Now, he's been paid and everything's done.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I called in for help, I misunderstood something said and blow up. I'm embarrassed to admit that. Makenzie was professional, very polite and helped me to understand what I had misunderstood. Thank you Makenzie for your help.

TERESA **

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

21st Mortgage was the best option for me. I did a first-time homebuyer mortgage and the application process wasn't too bad. There were some paperwork and some stuff to fill out. Customer service was really good. Even when we were just waiting to hear back from the back offices, they were always in contact with me. They would let me know, “Hey, we've already sent this. We’re just waiting to hear back. We'll let you know when we do.” The whole process took three weeks.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

21st Mortgage was pretty much the only one willing to help us given our situation. The application process was smooth. There were a lot of things that I didn't understand and there were things that my Realtor could have handled for me. Other than that, they were understanding. There were some things where there was some confusion, but the guy that I spoke with cleared things up. As long as there was communication, everything went smoothly.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Steven ** was extremely helpful and polite. He helped with my current status as well as helping with future expectations on my account. I would highly recommend him to future customers. Steven is also mindful of your time and values it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

JP was very helpful and timely in assisting our request. He was also very respectful and easy to talk to regarding our circumstances. I would like to thank him for his professionalism regarding this situation. JP was very helpful and courteous even when adding others (supervisor) to the call.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I called in to get an understanding on how the process works on making mortgage payments after being laid off. Matt was a true God send. He kept expressing the importance of him making me feel at ease due to finances always being a hard topic to discuss. Please hire more people like Matt. He is awesome!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

The application process at 21st Mortgage was fine. I was approved within a week. I spoke with Katherine and she was very helpful. She always responded to me. She was very easy to get ahold of and was great to work with.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I bought another house, and the mortgage process was a little long. I had to send papers in and stuff wouldn’t be right. However, it wasn't bad, and the rep answered all my questions. It was good, and I got the house I wanted. Use 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I have had a mortgage payment to 21st Mortgage Corp. since Aug. 2005. Today I needed some information about my account and spoke to Steven ** who was most helpful, working with me with kindness and knowledge to answer my questions.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

Eric was wonderful, understanding and helpful. I deeply appreciate everything he helped me with today. He really made things much easier for me. I would love to get him every time I have to call. He made all the corrections I needed as well as assisting me with my payment. He truly was a blessing.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

Matt was a great help meeting my needs as a customer!! Ty Matt. I appreciate good customer service. Job well done. He was helpful and accurate and quick service. He serves the company well. Very good employee. Highly recommended to meet the needs of customers.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

The young man was extremely helpful and professional. The experience was very good. He explained every question I had and put my mind at ease. His answers were concise and easy to understand. He put my mind at ease and in a way I could completely understand. I want to thank him for his help.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Rebecca was very helpful and took care of what I needed very quickly. I would like to give her 20 stars, but you only allowed 5. Will definitely be calling back next month to make a mortgage payment and hopefully I get Rebecca again. Highly recommend her as a good example for the rest of the team.

Dan K

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Graham is such a compassionate account manager. He is easy to work with and is understanding. As with anyone we have had a rough year due to loss of employment. Graham is patient and works on our side. Thanks Graham!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Customer service was great. The lady I dealt with was professional and answered all of my questions. I called them at 8pm expecting to leave a voice-mail but instead was greeted by an American representative I could understand. If customer service is important to you, this is your place.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I always receive excellent customer service and support from this company!!! I also like to mention the patience along with the customer service. I spoke with a very nice lady today who was very patient while I gathered information for my account. Very sweet personality❤️

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

He was very Courteous and helpful. He was pleasant and respectful. He was professional and handled my phone call quickly and asked if I needed anything else. I was very pleased with my experience. I love working with the people at 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Had a very eye opening talk with Justin ** and he helped me understand some things about my escrow that I didn't know previously and it should help me be able to consolidate some of my bills to make things less stressful.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Estate of Beverly ** - My sister passed away in February and I've been handling her estate until we can go thru the Probate process. Ryan ** has been terrific in his assistance. Highly rate my experience with his expertise in answering my questions in a timely manner, handling payments, and overall professionalism.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

We looked around for a mobile home to buy and we found one but it was in repossession of what had been repoed. We started the process with our Realtor and our lender and we had a week to 10 days before escrow to close. Then, 21st told us it's their repo so it has to be done by an in-house agent. I had already given notice to the apartment that I lived in for six years and we were all packed up and ready to go but they told us we got to start over.

At first, they didn't tell us we have to start over. They said it had to be one of their agents in-house so the lender that had been there for the beginning got dropped and didn't get paid. They added their lender and their agent. I thought we were not going to have to start escrow all over again because that would be ridiculous. I would have to sign another lease with my apartment. They said it was just gonna be an easy handoff and we would go from there so it shouldn't put me back more than a few days, if at all. But this turned out to be almost a 90-day escrow.

The agent that took over for 21st had to be 12 years old because he didn't know his own phone number and every time I asked him a question, he put me on hold to ask his supervisor. I was so livid with this place because they had no care. Every time I told them that I have to tell my landlord something, they would it shouldn't be very much longer. I can't tell my landlord that and I couldn't get them to understand my position. I would never send anybody to buy something through 21st Mortgage. I wouldn't even send my worst enemy.

21st Mortgage Corporation response

Gayle, we understand how your situation would be frustrating and are sorry that you felt our service was anything less than outstanding. All of our loan applications are subject to underwriting guidelines based on the information stated on the application. Please contact us at 800-955-0021 to speak to a mortgage loan originator. We would be happy to review the information with you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I missed a call from Ryan. Called him back and got Mary and she said that Ryan had left for the day. She helped me process the payment easily. Ryan also called me yesterday to tell me my payment didn't process and I wasn't very polite (which I'm sorry that frustration was more towards the other bill that pulled early) but he remained polite.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Very patient kind and thorough. Answered all questions without hesitation! Thank you. I wish I could remember the lady's name I talked to. Never have a problem with this company. Ten out of ten highly recommend!! Wish we could make both partial payments on the same day.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Enn was very helpful and he answered all my questions, I give him 5 star... I really recommend him and really appreciate it so much all the help... We had the loan for around 20 years and never had a big issue.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

That absolute worst mortgage company in America! They will get you contracted pretty quick but after that you are screwed if you need anything else from them. And if you ever try to talk to them they will treat you like crap.

21st Mortgage Corporation response

Kathi, we are sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please contact us at 800-955-0021, so we can review your account with you.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information