Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds
Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.64/5

"Craftmatic® is Rated #1 by Consumers Nationwide on ConsumerAffairs.com." Craftmatic® is the #1 brand name for adjustable beds, trusted for over 40 years. Over 1,100,000 Craftmatic® brand adjustable beds have been sold. The name Craftmatic® is synonymous with the adjustable bed. Craftmatic® enjoys a daily flow of referral and repeat business, demonstrating a high level of customer satisfaction.

The ratings for Craftmatic® reflect many actual Craftmatic® customers, some dating back to the 1970's. Since 2010, Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds have been sold exclusively in the U.S. through Craftmatic® Direct. Their Shop by Phone & Save® program offers a 30-day trial and mattress assurance program. Craftmatic® Direct has achieved an A+ rating with the BBB. Consumers seeking assistance may contact customer service, toll-free, For Prices Info and Service at (888) 495-2439.

A Craftmatic® Adjustable Bed with optional heat and massage may provide temporary relief of low back pain - minor aches and pains due to muscular fatigue or overexertion - edema or swelling of the legs - poor local blood circulation of the legs - symptoms of hiatus hernia - gastric reflux - night-time heartburn - The optional heating accessory provides temporary relief of mild arthritis and joint pain as well as muscle pain associated with stress and tension. Sleeping in an upright position may reduce or ease light & occasional snoring.

Home use only, not for hospital use or near tent oxygen or explosive gasses. Consult your physician before using massage option with a heart assist pacemaker. Go to craftmatic.com to review owners manual or call: (877) 389-9154.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress Gallery (1)
View More View More
Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds(888) 495-2439 Request Information

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds Reviews

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I had called in to order a new mattress, a firm mattress, because my old Craftmatic which I've had for 25 years was still very good. There was not a thing wrong with it. The representative told me about the new one and possibly the old could not be repaired. What I did not like or understand was that he kept telling me I was getting a new bed, a free bed. I knew that would not be possible. He said it several times, and I didn’t think that was right. I didn’t like how it was handled. I should’ve pursued that with him. But I ordered anyway and I got the free mattress. I like my bed and I’m happy with it. I would recommend it to anyone. It’s dependable, comfortable and well-made. I think it’ll last as long as I do. Raising the head several inches at night seems better with my back and neck, which I have problems with.

Get expert buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2019

The Craftmatic's ease of operations and the comfort that it would provide me were the deciding factors of my choice. Plus, the warranty is also very important. My experience with the sales rep was excellent. She was one of the best representatives I have spoken with in many years, in any company. I enjoy the Craftmatic's adjustability because I could adjust my head and legs to my desired level. With the Craftmatic, I could adjust the exact angle to give me total comfort. You could hit one button and you'd go to ground zero, which puts no pressure on your back at all. You hit one button and everything goes down to flat. There are so many other features to the bed beside being completely adjustable. The mattress is totally comfortable and reversible. There's also the bed lighting, the adjustable pillow that's in the bed, and the flashlight. Making the bed is very easy, too.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Craftmatic is a wonderful bed. I had been looking for a bed that allows me to raise my head and my feet when I sleep at night. The Craftmatic lets me do that and it's very comfortable. I'm so glad that I was able to get one so I can sleep again throughout the night. The service and the follow-up are so good too. I was so pleased with the service that they gave me, including the prompt service and the explanation on how the bed works. My experience with the sales representative was outstanding. He explained the bed to me, how it works and what to expect, and I told him what I wanted. He thought Craftmatic was what I needed and would meet my expectations, and it certainly did. I'm very pleased with it. On top of that, customer feedback is important for the company and I thank them for asking me how it's worked out for me. I'm certainly willing to vouch for Craftmatic because it's a great bed and I would certainly recommend it to a friend.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I started with the adjustable feature of the Craftmatic bed and I liked that it adjusted so easily. I had brain surgery and I needed to be upright for six weeks after surgery and there was no easy way you could pile pillows or lean against something that was as comfortable as the adjustable bed. Then, I came to like it for reading in bed or watching TV, which was what attracted me afterwards. I liked it so much and we're on our second one. My experience with the sales rep the first time was excellent. He came to the house and showed us the different models and features. The second time I called Craftmatic, since I was a previous owner, I was able to select over the phone what I liked and it was very simple. Craftmatic is a very comfortable bed and it’s very easy to operate. We have a king size which is a double-single, so it makes it very easy to change the linen.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I absolutely cannot sleep with my head down low and just piling on pillows doesn't do it. So, I need to be able to adjust how comfortable I am in a particular night. Also, I need to raise my feet because my ankles swell. I enjoy the fact that the bed is adjustable, especially the head. If I'm just lying in bed trying to sleep, I need it a little bit raised and if I wanna watch TV while I'm in bed, I can raise it up more or to read. I appreciate that.

I have had a Craftmatic for the past 13 years and now, I bought a new one. I enjoyed the bed I had and I am enjoying the one I have now. Everyone I talked to has been very helpful and the experience with the sales rep was great. Also, I had a good experience with the technician. He came out and took the wheels off because he said it was too high. He was just super. He was so friendly and he asked if there was anything else I needed to know. He told me to call him if I have any other questions and you just can't beat that. I would definitely recommend Craftmatic to a friend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I bought a Craftmatic bed in 1995. Great mattress & customer service. After 20 years I moved & sold it. We just bought a new split king & have had the worst experience. The mattresses are the worst ever. Customer service is the worst ever. The delivery & set up was awful. After spending $3500, I spent another $90x2=$180 for delivery to exchange mattresses. We would have to spend $995 shipping to return the bed. Customer service manager was rude & unhelpful.

I would strongly recommend to buy from a local mattress store & stay away from craftmatic. They are not what they used to be 20+ years ago.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

I am having a manager reach out to you to see how we can help. We are the only company that still accepts adjustable base returns. You are responsible for the shipping, however it seems the base is not the problem. I understand that the replacement mattresses we shipped have not been delivered yet. We will still check in to make sure you are happy with the replacements.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The warranty that came with the bed specifically states that defective motors are replaced free of charge less labor as long as you are the original purchaser. I was told the bed is obsolete. Craftmatic refuses to replace the bad motor.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

According to the factory that motor is over 20 years old. You did not purchase this from our company and the warranty is not with our company. Still if we were able to get that motor from the factory we would have been happy to help you. Unfortunately we were told that motor is no longer available new from the manufacturer.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

We ordered a bed then cancelled it a while later before delivery. Craftmatic claims they refunded over 3000 dollars to my card but no refund ever came. You ask for proof and they send you a bogus typed up letterhead that just says my name, master card, and the amount. Nowhere on it does it say the account number or anything identifying where the money was supposedly returned to. You call to try to get it and they give you the run around. Been calling for over a month now and jeep getting nasty people on the phone who won't listen to what you say. You ask to speak to Lydia who supposedly manages accounting and she refuses to get on the phone or call back. They robbed my money and refuse to send identifying proof that the money was supposedly refunded!!!! Buyers beware. They will rob you!

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

We previously answered your complaint with the BBB. Here is what we sent.

I am sorry your Mother is having difficulty. We refunded her account on December 23rd. I forwarded the email exchange with the bank to the BBB prior to writing this email.All charges and refunds are handled digitally nowadays. What was printed out was what we were able to see when we processed the refund. It is not all pretty and formatted and does not come on any official looking document. On the email exchange with the bank they notified us that they were holding the refund. This is your Mothers credit card company. We notified them to cancel the refund today and have issued a check refund instead to try and expedite this for your Mother. Again, we followed the proper procedure and refunded your Mother over a month ago. It is the credit card company that held up the refund. You may check with the BBB, I provided them the email exchange.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

One of the workers stole expensive $285 hunting knife from me. The 2 delivery persons came into my house - didn't know how to set up the bed. I had to help them figure out the directions. One of them left here with my personal - has my name on it - ** - hunting knife worth approx $280. This occurred yesterday afternoon Jan 13, during the delivery to **.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

We have tried contacting you many times about this issue but have been unable.

When your concern was originally raised the delivery company investigated your claim. It was discovered you had used the knife during the delivery and apparently mislaid it. Still a supervisor searched the drivers and their vehicle and did not find your knife. I was just informed that you are now claiming additional items we stolen.

I would urge you to contact your local police department to investigate.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I bought a Craftmatic at around 2007 and at first I loved the bed but then when it broke I called the company two different times about it and they were wanting me to crawl underneath to take pictures and send it to them or they could send someone out to do it and charge me over $200 bucks and then maybe fix it. Worse customer service ever to get out of really helping me.

I had a warranty and they didn't want to help me. Now that sucks. It was a good bed when it wasn't broken and when they use parts on the bed which broke easily not saying much for the bed or the company. Maybe they are better now but I won't be finding out soon because I went to a diferent company for a better bed. I've only had it a year this past July but the company is local and the person I talk to I told them the story and he said they would fix the bed if it broke. Well I hope I never have to find out if he's lying or not. So anyone buying a craftmatic is taking a chance in my opinion and the last call I made to craftmatic was almost 2 years ago so I hope they have change but I'm not counting on it or not referring them to nobody.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

I am sorry you are having difficulty. The bed you purchased in 2007 was not purchased from our company and your warranty is with the company you purchased the bed from. If we are able to get the parts we will be happy to have a tech come out and service your bed but again you did not purchase the bed from us or have a warranty with our company.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress expert review by Whitney Roban, Ph.D.

Craftmatic has been in operation for over 40 years and sells adjustable beds to a variety of customers. They offer most mattress types, deliver nationwide and are a well-reputed brand in the adjustable bed industry.

• Variety of mattresses: Craftmatic offers a variety of mattress types, including memory foam and coil. Both materials can be adapted to an adjustable bed frame and both can provide health benefits - the choice is really a matter of personal preference.

• In-home trial: They offer a 30-day in home trial period for you to test out the mattress. If you aren't satisfied with the bed, you can return it and they will come pick it up at no cost.

• Service and warranty: Craftmatic offers excellent service on all of their beds and will come to your home to service the bed for you. They also have great warranties that cover damage and manufacturer flaws.

• Good reputation: Craftmatic has a long history of providing adjustable mattresses to their clients and has great ratings when it comes to customers reviews. They are a very trusted name in the field.

• Sizes: Craftmatic offers a wide variety of sizes of mattresses. They also offer dual mattresses that allow people to make different adjustments to different sides of the bed.

• Best for: Singles, couples, the elderly and post-op.

Dr. Whitney Roban is the author of the Devin & Evan Book Series and the founder of SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ, SLEEP WELL/LEARN WELL and SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. She sits on the advisory board panel of the American Sleep Association and has written for and worked with national publications and organizations such as Working Mother Magazine, MSN, Business Insider, NBC News, LinkedIn, The Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT and others.

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds Company Information