Craftmatic Adjustable Beds
Call toll free
4.87/5

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

"Craftmatic® is Rated #1 by Consumers Nationwide on ConsumerAffairs.com." Craftmatic® is the #1 brand name for adjustable beds, trusted for over 40 years. Over 1,100,000 Craftmatic® brand adjustable beds have been sold. The name Craftmatic® is synonymous with the adjustable bed. Craftmatic® enjoys a daily flow of referral and repeat business, demonstrating a high level of customer satisfaction.

The ratings for Craftmatic® reflect many actual Craftmatic® customers, some dating back to the 1970's. Since 2010, Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds have been sold exclusively in the U.S. through Craftmatic® Direct. Their Shop by Phone & Save® program offers a 30-day trial and mattress assurance program. Craftmatic® Direct has achieved an A+ rating with the BBB. Consumers seeking assistance may contact customer service, toll-free, For Prices Info and Service at (888) 495-2439.

A Craftmatic® Adjustable Bed with optional heat and massage may provide temporary relief of low back pain - minor aches and pains due to muscular fatigue or overexertion - edema or swelling of the legs - poor local blood circulation of the legs - symptoms of hiatus hernia - gastric reflux - night-time heartburn - The optional heating accessory provides temporary relief of mild arthritis and joint pain as well as muscle pain associated with stress and tension. Sleeping in an upright position may reduce or ease light & occasional snoring.

Home use only, not for hospital use or near tent oxygen or explosive gasses. Consult your physician before using massage option with a heart assist pacemaker. Go to craftmatic.com to review owners manual or call: (877) 389-9154.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress Gallery (1)
View More View More

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds Reviews

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: May 29, 2019

Craftmatic is a wonderful bed. I had been looking for a bed that allows me to raise my head and my feet when I sleep at night. The Craftmatic lets me do that and it's very comfortable. I'm so glad that I was able to get one so I can sleep again throughout the night. The service and the follow-up are so good too. I was so pleased with the service that they gave me, including the prompt service and the explanation on how the bed works. My experience with the sales representative was outstanding. He explained the bed to me, how it works and what to expect, and I told him what I wanted. He thought Craftmatic was what I needed and would meet my expectations, and it certainly did. I'm very pleased with it. On top of that, customer feedback is important for the company and I thank them for asking me how it's worked out for me. I'm certainly willing to vouch for Craftmatic because it's a great bed and I would certainly recommend it to a friend.

Get expert buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I started with the adjustable feature of the Craftmatic bed and I liked that it adjusted so easily. I had brain surgery and I needed to be upright for six weeks after surgery and there was no easy way you could pile pillows or lean against something that was as comfortable as the adjustable bed. Then, I came to like it for reading in bed or watching TV, which was what attracted me afterwards. I liked it so much and we're on our second one. My experience with the sales rep the first time was excellent. He came to the house and showed us the different models and features. The second time I called Craftmatic, since I was a previous owner, I was able to select over the phone what I liked and it was very simple. Craftmatic is a very comfortable bed and it’s very easy to operate. We have a king size which is a double-single, so it makes it very easy to change the linen.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I absolutely cannot sleep with my head down low and just piling on pillows doesn't do it. So, I need to be able to adjust how comfortable I am in a particular night. Also, I need to raise my feet because my ankles swell. I enjoy the fact that the bed is adjustable, especially the head. If I'm just lying in bed trying to sleep, I need it a little bit raised and if I wanna watch TV while I'm in bed, I can raise it up more or to read. I appreciate that.

I have had a Craftmatic for the past 13 years and now, I bought a new one. I enjoyed the bed I had and I am enjoying the one I have now. Everyone I talked to has been very helpful and the experience with the sales rep was great. Also, I had a good experience with the technician. He came out and took the wheels off because he said it was too high. He was just super. He was so friendly and he asked if there was anything else I needed to know. He told me to call him if I have any other questions and you just can't beat that. I would definitely recommend Craftmatic to a friend.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I purchased a Craftmatic bed to help my wife with her medical condition. Their sales rep walked us through the process and made sure that we fully understood all the costs associated with the bed. He also explained how we would end up having it shipped to us and went through how they would assemble it and then carry off our old bed. He was very efficient and very knowledgeable about all the facts. Since having the bed, we use the feature that elevates the head the most since with it, I can watch TV when I'm in the bedroom very well. My wife enjoys it too because it helps her with her hiatal hernia. The Craftmatic bed has met all our expectations. I don't plan on going back to a regular bed in the future. We'll stay with Craftmatic until we pass away. I recommended the Craftmatic to other people going from a regular standard bed to Craftmatic to meet their special needs. We're totally pleased with it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I'm in my 70s and I had some disability, and getting a Craftmatic bed seemed like a perfect choice. I've been following the brand for about 40 consistent years, never thinking I'd need it. But I said to myself that if I did, I'd call them up and order the bed when it's still around. And, I'm totally thrilled when I did that. Their sales rep was definitely one of the best salespersons I've ever met. He was informative and he gave me a background on what to expect.

The bed was promptly delivered and there were the right amount of technicians to do it. They went to the process of how to get and why we wanna get as well as told us of what to touch, how to touch it, how to store it, the different ways of massage, and how to stop it which is important too. I appreciate almost everything about the bed. I don't use the massage very much, but I was able to get my legs elevated. My head also elevates either the same time with the legs or at separate times. I can also adjust to my desire. There are no increments that you have to do. It's just total touch and stop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

My paralyzed mother had a Craftmatic bed that she wanted raised higher. She called them and they said she had to buy a new bed and they'd install risers on a new bed. She did. After 2 years the riser (a bolt) bent under the weight of the bed and it broke off. Someone sat on the bed and it gave way and she looked under the bed to find the bent bolt lying on the floor. It took time for the bolt to bend because it wasn't installed correctly.

The repair dept supervisor, Denae **, was unwilling to make this right. She actually disconnected our phone call several times and would not allow me to talk to anyone else. She maintained that my mother should have called right after it was installed if it was installed incorrectly. This supervisor could not understand that for a bolt that thick to bend under the weight of the bed it would take time. And it may have broken off earlier but it wasn't found until a person sat on the side of the bed near the end and the bed gave way. But the fact is that if it was installed correctly it should have been able to bear the weight of the bed and it didn't. It bent.

It's unacceptable that this company touts their reputation and service as exemplary when they couldn't make this situation right by repairing what was so obviously shoddy installation. They couldn't stand behind their product and service. They don't deserve to have a good standing with the BBB and consumer affairs. Please revise their standing. Thank you.

Beth,

(on behalf of Maggie, craftmatic bed owner)

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

It took me a bit to find your mothers account because you only listed your information on the complaint. Our staff has spoken with your mother. The warranty does not cover abuse of the bed. Someone sat on the end of the bed with enough force to bend the metal leg. Your mother told our staff it was a caregiver. Because the bed is higher and the legs are longer they can bend if abused. We sent replacement legs as a courtesy at no cost. The leg was installed properly and it was about two years after the installation that the damage occurred. We hope the replacement legs will solve the current issue but caution you against having someone heavy sitting at the edge of the foot of the bed.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Craftmatic was very courteous and on time with their delivery. I enjoy its vibration feature and adjustability.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

At first, we had problems with the rep from Craftmatic at first, but it worked out pretty good. I had their bed before and I enjoyed it. I have problems with my back and leg. I like the fact that it reclines and I enjoy the massage. It relaxes me. The bed is exceptional and I have recommended it to a friend. There’s nothing like sleeping on a Craftmatic bed. You can get some rest. I’ve been able to turn over and snore very well.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I had a good experience with Craftmatic's sales rep and I like their bed's ability to adjust.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I enjoy the adjustable nature of the Craftmatic bed. It lowers and raises and helps my wife get in and out of bed more easily. I had a very, very good experience working with the sales rep, and the people who delivered the bed did a good job too.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress expert review by Whitney Roban, Ph.D.

Craftmatic has been in operation for over 40 years and sells adjustable beds to a variety of customers. They offer most mattress types, deliver nationwide and are a well-reputed brand in the adjustable bed industry.

• Variety of mattresses: Craftmatic offers a variety of mattress types, including memory foam and coil. Both materials can be adapted to an adjustable bed frame and both can provide health benefits - the choice is really a matter of personal preference.

• In-home trial: They offer a 30-day in home trial period for you to test out the mattress. If you aren't satisfied with the bed, you can return it and they will come pick it up at no cost.

• Service and warranty: Craftmatic offers excellent service on all of their beds and will come to your home to service the bed for you. They also have great warranties that cover damage and manufacturer flaws.

• Good reputation: Craftmatic has a long history of providing adjustable mattresses to their clients and has great ratings when it comes to customers reviews. They are a very trusted name in the field.

• Sizes: Craftmatic offers a wide variety of sizes of mattresses. They also offer dual mattresses that allow people to make different adjustments to different sides of the bed.

• Best for: Singles, couples, the elderly and post-op.

Profile picture of Whitney Roban, Ph.D.
Whitney Roban, Ph.D. Sleep Expert

Dr. Whitney Roban is the author of the Devin & Evan Book Series and the founder of SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ, SLEEP WELL/LEARN WELL and SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. She sits on the advisory board panel of the American Sleep Association and has written for and worked with national publications and organizations such as Working Mother Magazine, MSN, Business Insider, NBC News, LinkedIn, The Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT and others.

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds Company Information