Craftmatic Adjustable Beds
Call toll free
4.76/5

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

"Craftmatic® is Rated #1 by Consumers Nationwide on ConsumerAffairs.com." Craftmatic® is the #1 brand name for adjustable beds, trusted for over 40 years. Over 1,100,000 Craftmatic® brand adjustable beds have been sold. The name Craftmatic® is synonymous with the adjustable bed. Craftmatic® enjoys a daily flow of referral and repeat business, demonstrating a high level of customer satisfaction.

The ratings for Craftmatic® reflect many actual Craftmatic® customers, some dating back to the 1970's. Since 2010, Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds have been sold exclusively in the U.S. through Craftmatic® Direct. Their Shop by Phone & Save® program offers a 30-day trial and mattress assurance program. Craftmatic® Direct has achieved an A+ rating with the BBB. Consumers seeking assistance may contact customer service, toll-free, For Prices Info and Service at (888) 495-2439.

A Craftmatic® Adjustable Bed with optional heat and massage may provide temporary relief of low back pain - minor aches and pains due to muscular fatigue or overexertion - edema or swelling of the legs - poor local blood circulation of the legs - symptoms of hiatus hernia - gastric reflux - night-time heartburn - The optional heating accessory provides temporary relief of mild arthritis and joint pain as well as muscle pain associated with stress and tension. Sleeping in an upright position may reduce or ease light & occasional snoring.

Home use only, not for hospital use or near tent oxygen or explosive gasses. Consult your physician before using massage option with a heart assist pacemaker. Go to craftmatic.com to review owners manual or call: (877) 389-9154.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress Gallery (1)
View More View More

4687 Craftmatic Adjustable Beds Consumer Reviews

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: May 29, 2019

Craftmatic is a wonderful bed. I had been looking for a bed that allows me to raise my head and my feet when I sleep at night. The Craftmatic lets me do that and it's very comfortable. I'm so glad that I was able to get one so I can sleep again throughout the night. The service and the follow-up are so good too. I was so pleased with the service that they gave me, including the prompt service and the explanation on how the bed works. My experience with the sales representative was outstanding. He explained the bed to me, how it works and what to expect, and I told him what I wanted. He thought Craftmatic was what I needed and would meet my expectations, and it certainly did. I'm very pleased with it. On top of that, customer feedback is important for the company and I thank them for asking me how it's worked out for me. I'm certainly willing to vouch for Craftmatic because it's a great bed and I would certainly recommend it to a friend.

Get expert buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I absolutely cannot sleep with my head down low and just piling on pillows doesn't do it. So, I need to be able to adjust how comfortable I am in a particular night. Also, I need to raise my feet because my ankles swell. I enjoy the fact that the bed is adjustable, especially the head. If I'm just lying in bed trying to sleep, I need it a little bit raised and if I wanna watch TV while I'm in bed, I can raise it up more or to read. I appreciate that.

I have had a Craftmatic for the past 13 years and now, I bought a new one. I enjoyed the bed I had and I am enjoying the one I have now. Everyone I talked to has been very helpful and the experience with the sales rep was great. Also, I had a good experience with the technician. He came out and took the wheels off because he said it was too high. He was just super. He was so friendly and he asked if there was anything else I needed to know. He told me to call him if I have any other questions and you just can't beat that. I would definitely recommend Craftmatic to a friend.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I'm in my 70s and I had some disability, and getting a Craftmatic bed seemed like a perfect choice. I've been following the brand for about 40 consistent years, never thinking I'd need it. But I said to myself that if I did, I'd call them up and order the bed when it's still around. And, I'm totally thrilled when I did that. Their sales rep was definitely one of the best salespersons I've ever met. He was informative and he gave me a background on what to expect.

The bed was promptly delivered and there were the right amount of technicians to do it. They went to the process of how to get and why we wanna get as well as told us of what to touch, how to touch it, how to store it, the different ways of massage, and how to stop it which is important too. I appreciate almost everything about the bed. I don't use the massage very much, but I was able to get my legs elevated. My head also elevates either the same time with the legs or at separate times. I can also adjust to my desire. There are no increments that you have to do. It's just total touch and stop.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I wanted a bed I could adjust to raise the head up while watching TV. I liked the price of the Craftmatic adjustable bed. I had looked at other adjustable beds like Sleep Number, but I didn’t wanna pay that much. I had owned a king-sized bed for years. My wife and I got one several years ago. She passed away about 5 years ago, and I kept using that same bed. And then I got the queen-sized Craftmatic. The Craftmatic sales rep was very good, professional and he worked with me to find out what I wanted. He also got me the best price he could. It was a very good relationship. He did a good job. I’ve been well-pleased with my Craftmatic since I got it. I raise the head if I want to to watch TV. But every night, I would use the massager. It makes me relax, puts me to sleep quicker, and I’m thankful that it turns off automatically so I’m always asleep before it gets to vibrating.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

We had a Craftmatic bed for about 17 years and it was one of the old ones they had. It gave us such good service and was such a good bed for us. We couldn’t get the wired controls anymore. So we updated because we wanted to get the new one they had. It’s the best bet out there, as far as I’m concerned. I like the wireless remotes. It's a big improvement and it keeps away a lot of problems that we had with our wire remotes. I also like the lightness of the frame now over the old ones. We can move it easier.

I had an excellent experience with the Craftmatic sales representatives. They really took our matters into heart. It wasn’t a hard-sell because I knew what I wanted again, but they were very conscientious and they stayed in contact with us to make sure that that is what we wanted. Anybody who wants a quality adjustable bed, they need to go with Craftmatic. The other beds that I’ve seen in marketplaces don’t hold up like the Craftmatic does.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress?

Original review: July 8, 2019

Called numerous times having 2 twin beds repaired over the first year. They blame you for sleeping in the bed wrong, getting in and out of the bed wrong, why it breaks. Servicemen that actually repair the bed tell you they are not allowed to repair the beds correctly. The warranty on both beds are just a couple of weeks past the one year warranty and one is not functioning at all. Even though you don't get to use the bed for a full year because they break and not allowed to be repaired correctly. Everything is your fault after the first year. Then they use the you're disrespecting me blame game so you are even more embarrassed on the phone so they can yell at you. The service department is very unprofessional. I can not recommend anybody buying their beds.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Salesperson (Anthony) helpful. In about 5 days after ordering, the bed was delivered, set up wrong by delivery (motor in wrong port, etc.) so would not work. No manual either as delivery did not leave it and was supposed to, Craftmatic said they would send out since June 6th, it is the 21st, have not seen it yet. 2 repairmen later and 15 days later, bed still broken and part to fix the bed today dead on arrival, so the part did not even work. It is like a comedy of errors and nothing would get done if I was not pushing, pushing Craftmatic who have problems obviously with internal processes or even the companies they contract out to myself, and I do that because I am in pain in this bed that they sent and it is our only bed. To make a long story short, I have not slept well since I had it and have had back spasms and even the mattress already has a problem already.

Customer service people are nice except Jackie, but that does not get the bed fixed quickly. Because I have a disability and can't lift the mattress to get the allergy cover off to take pictures of the mattress, and I gave the delivery men money to do that for me, we come to an impasse because I need to send her photos with the cover off or she will automatically reject the issue. I am not physically able to take the cover off and my husband has a disability as well. She says I have "my rules" and you have yours referring to my inability to be able to take allergy cover the mattress to take the photo. As is, I had slipped the delivery men a few bucks to put the mattress in to begin with. Well disability is not my rule, I am disabled and can't lift the bed, it is not a rule, Jackie. I can't do what you ask and there is no compromise.

I asked for an inspector to come out as clearly the repairman saw the issue, which they could not do. Of course they can't even talk to the repairman because he is not their bed expert, but a repair guy. No compromises, taking my money seemed easier for Craftmatic than fixing the broken bed and dealing with the mattress. While it is very hard to get out and go to stores, and this is why I chose Craftmatic--that and my mom and father had one and it liked it, I guess I am going to have to send this mess back and go shopping because my problem is not solved and the mattress already has an issue breaking down so I feel like I am falling off the bed all the time and that twist my back. I do not think the mattress will hold up given the 15 day experience and there are not many choices in mattresses.

Okay, I may have just got a bad apple of a bed, but that is not why I am rating my experience a 1 factoring in the whole experience thus far and the pain in my back since I got this bed, which at present can't be adjusted even, it is the amount of time I have spent on hold, talking to reps, and coming up against obstacles to resolve the problem. These people sell beds to a lot people with disabilities or have health issues, so perhaps Jackie who is a manager should take a disability sensitivity training because her comment was offensive.

Something that was supposed to resolve a problem with some surgery upcoming has turned into a nightmare, problem after problem with Craftmatic, and a worse sleep than my old 15 year, which was pretty worn bed. I never expected such an experience. At this point I hate this bed and I am not too fond of Craftmatic either right now. Will we resolve this, I do not see how at this point, especially with the mattress issue already. I am very frustrated, stressed, and disappointed.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I purchased Craftmatic’s best bed and was told it would be delivered by Friday, well Friday has come & gone. Now I’m told it will be be another ten days before delivery. Can’t stop process now and just go to a different company because they will charge me $750.00 to cancel out. So my bed that is paid for, is setting approx. 60 miles away. Everyone has blamed this on each other, until now it’s my fault. I live 50 miles north of St. Louis, MO. I’ve been charged $ 250.00 for delivery. All I can say is beware of this company’s practices. They get your money and then could care less about the customer.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I'm disabled, and the Craftmatic adjustable bed helps me get up and down. It moves me into positions where I don't hurt as much. I'm in chronic pain, and the bed has been a blessing. I've had one since the 1990s and this is my second Craftmatic bed. If I can't get out of bed by myself, the bed helps me. I can crank up the head, and also the feet to take some pressure off my lower spine. I'm in pain everyday and the vibrator helps me. I got the heat, and I'm really happy I did. My bed welcomes me and it keeps me warm. It is fantastic. It is the best investment I ever made, and I will continue to be a Craftmatic customer as long as I live. I would definitely recommend Craftmatic, and I have recommended it to my friends and will continue to do so.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I purchased a Craftmatic adjustable bed and I really enjoy the head elevation and the foot elevation. The head elevation helps me and the foot elevation helps me with leg swelling. My experience with the Craftmatic sales representative was excellent. And with the team that assembled my bed, they were intellectually sound with all of the questions I had. I recommend Craftmatic. I was very pleased with the experience. And I'm very pleased with the bed and with the firmness of the mattress. It is fantastic.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds fits our lifestyle so we got one. I like being able to raise the head up. We were very happy with everything.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My husband and I both thought it would be a good cause physically to have the Craftmatic beds. After his death, I wanted to change to a queen size one rather than having two side-by-side that made a king size that were individually operated. The sales reps were excellent both times. I enjoy the bed because I can change my positions whenever I want to. I gave my old one to a friend and she is enjoying them as much as me with my new one.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My parents liked their Craftmatic so much, I decided that I'd try one. The vibration makes my back and legs feel good. The sales rep was good as well.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I had an excellent experience with Craftmatic's rep. Since getting one of their beds, I've liked the adjustable head and foot raising features

Original review: May 28, 2019

I was using a hospital bed and it was most uncomfortable, and I heard about Craftmatic on TV. I'm handicapped, and to be able to adjust the head and the foot with my Craftmatic bed is just wonderful.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Craftmatic has good sales rep. And with the bed, I enjoy the head up feature.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I couldn't sleep. I purchased a bed from a different company and it was the worst experience that I have ever had with any bed. The cheaper models that you buy normally in a store did wonders and did a better job than this extraordinary bed that I had purchased. So, I decided to go with Craftmatic and see what the results would be, and it's been wonderful. The sales rep was very helpful. She explained everything in detail, answered all of my questions, and I was very pleased with her. With Craftmatic I'm able to sleep and I almost don’t wanna get up. It's very comfortable and relaxing. I love my Craftmatic. I definitely would recommend it to anyone. Whether you're having a problem or not, it's just a good investment.

Original review: May 27, 2019

My experience with the Craftmatic sales rep was absolutely great. I bought a Craftmatic adjustable bed for health reasons. I enjoy the elevation part of it. The whole bed is very comfortable. Elevating my feet and my head helps my back a good bit. And the vibration feature is really great too. I would recommend Craftmatic to anybody.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I’ve had Craftmatic for years and I love it. I like the massage because I enjoy it. Plus the sales rep was fine. I would recommend them overall.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I enjoy the adjustable part of the Craftmatic bed because I've had several operations, and it was a big help to be in and out of bed. Overall, I would recommend it.

Original review: May 26, 2019

The Craftmatic bed helps me to sleep better. I can also elevate my legs to help my circulation. I purchased it for comfort and my experience with the sales representative went very well.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I purchased my first Craftmatic bed about 20 years ago. I bought another one and I like the vibration because it’s soothing and it puts me to sleep. I certainly recommend Craftmatic.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I have a bad back and now that I have a Craftmatic adjustable bed, I enjoy being able to sit upright. When I purchased the bed, my experience with the Craftmatic sales rep was very enjoyable. He sold it to me within the first couple of seconds.

Original review: May 25, 2019

This is my second Craftmatic bed. My first one was in 1995 and since I had to get a new one and I enjoyed the other one so much, I got another Craftmatic. I like that the back goes up for when I wanna sit and watch TV.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Craftmatic looked like it would work good for me. I like the back tilt feature and the bed feels very comfortable. I would recommend Craftmatic to a friend.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I like being able to adjust my Craftmatic bed. I got the bed because of my health and the sales rep was very good. It was also very nice that the people that came in to set my Craftmatic bed up took my other bed apart. That took quite a while so I really appreciate it.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I needed a hospital bed, and Craftmatic was ideal for me. I had a cancer operation, and I have to be at a 45-degree angle at all times when I'm laying in bed, and it was ideal for what I need. It's a good bed. It's comfortable and it's handy good for me. Everything went well with the Craftmatic sales rep. I'm very happy with it.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We purchased a Craftmatic bed since my wife is more comfortable in a bed that she can adjust. I like the massage parts ‘cause I’m old and I need to get a massage every once in a while. The USB outlets are great, as well as the light underneath the bed.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I chose Craftmatic for comfort and better sleep, and I love the bed. I recommend it to everybody. I also had an excellent experience with the sales representative. Then it came and was set up the way it was promised.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I went for a Craftmatic adjustable bed considering its concept. The bed has comfort. The bed has a lift, a light, and it's comfortable. And the sales rep was very good.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress expert review by Whitney Roban, Ph.D.

Craftmatic has been in operation for over 40 years and sells adjustable beds to a variety of customers. They offer most mattress types, deliver nationwide and are a well-reputed brand in the adjustable bed industry.

• Variety of mattresses: Craftmatic offers a variety of mattress types, including memory foam and coil. Both materials can be adapted to an adjustable bed frame and both can provide health benefits - the choice is really a matter of personal preference.

• In-home trial: They offer a 30-day in home trial period for you to test out the mattress. If you aren't satisfied with the bed, you can return it and they will come pick it up at no cost.

• Service and warranty: Craftmatic offers excellent service on all of their beds and will come to your home to service the bed for you. They also have great warranties that cover damage and manufacturer flaws.

• Good reputation: Craftmatic has a long history of providing adjustable mattresses to their clients and has great ratings when it comes to customers reviews. They are a very trusted name in the field.

• Sizes: Craftmatic offers a wide variety of sizes of mattresses. They also offer dual mattresses that allow people to make different adjustments to different sides of the bed.

• Best for: Singles, couples, the elderly and post-op.

Profile picture of Whitney Roban, Ph.D.
Whitney Roban, Ph.D. Sleep Expert

Dr. Whitney Roban is the author of the Devin & Evan Book Series and the founder of SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ, SLEEP WELL/LEARN WELL and SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. She sits on the advisory board panel of the American Sleep Association and has written for and worked with national publications and organizations such as Working Mother Magazine, MSN, Business Insider, NBC News, LinkedIn, The Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT and others.

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds Company Information