Craftmatic Adjustable Beds
4.72/5
Based on 317 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

"Craftmatic® is Rated #1 by Consumers Nationwide on ConsumerAffairs.com." Craftmatic® is the #1 brand name for adjustable beds, trusted for over 40 years. Over 1,100,000 Craftmatic® brand adjustable beds have been sold. The name Craftmatic® is synonymous with the adjustable bed. Craftmatic® enjoys a daily flow of referral and repeat business, demonstrating a high level of customer satisfaction.

The ratings for Craftmatic® reflect many actual Craftmatic® customers, some dating back to the 1970's. Since 2010, Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds have been sold exclusively in the U.S. through Craftmatic® Direct. Their Shop by Phone & Save® program offers a 30-day trial and mattress assurance program. Craftmatic® Direct has achieved an A+ rating with the BBB. Consumers seeking assistance may contact customer service, toll-free, For Prices Info and Service at (888) 495-2439.

A Craftmatic® Adjustable Bed with optional heat and massage may provide temporary relief of low back pain - minor aches and pains due to muscular fatigue or overexertion - edema or swelling of the legs - poor local blood circulation of the legs - symptoms of hiatus hernia - gastric reflux - night-time heartburn - The optional heating accessory provides temporary relief of mild arthritis and joint pain as well as muscle pain associated with stress and tension. Sleeping in an upright position may reduce or ease light & occasional snoring.

Home use only, not for hospital use or near tent oxygen or explosive gasses. Consult your physician before using massage option with a heart assist pacemaker. Go to craftmatic.com to review owners manual or call: (877) 389-9154.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress Gallery (1)
View More View More

4412 Craftmatic Adjustable Beds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I received my bed on 8/8, I have tried to sleep in for two nights. It's the uncomfortable that I have had the misfortune to have in my home. I have a number of health problems RA being one of them. I called Craftmatic at 8:30 a.m. on August 10th. I spoke with a lady in their returns department. She was supposed to email some information so the bed could be sent back. Well she did not. When I got home from work I tried to call them back. I was put on hold for over an hour and then a voice said goodbye. Very poor customer service. I will never buy anything from them again.

Get expert buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I liked Craftmatic's price and warranty. We had a house fire and had to replace the first sets of bed that we’ve had and we did have excellent help getting the second bed. I enjoy the lifting of the head and the feet of my bed. I have swelling in my legs and it helps that, and then my husband likes having his head elevated. Also, we both enjoy the vibration.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I got a Craftmatic to help a swollen foot and I’m very happy with my experience. Dealing with their sales rep went great.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I’m 83 years old and I’ve always wanted a Craftmatic adjustable bed and I finally broke down and got one. I really enjoy being able to raise my feet or my head, and being in a sitting position. The Craftmatic is an excellent bed. It’s a very good mattress, and I really enjoy it.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I got a Craftmatic bed for luxury. The sales rep I worked with was excellent. I enjoy all of the bed's features and it has a lifetime warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress?

Original review: July 26, 2018

Owing to its reputation and the fact that I had seen it advertised, I purchased a Craftmatic adjustable bed. I called in and talked to a sales rep about it and made the purchase that same day because he was very helpful and explained everything. He made me real comfortable doing a purchase over the phone. The Craftmatic bed allows me to change my position at the touch of a remote control. It helped me to be in a position of comfort and elevate my head. And I love the massage too. My grandchildren also love the bed and when they come over, they like to get on it and turn on the TV then pop their little heads up and feel the massage. It makes my babies happy, so it also makes me happy.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I enjoy the head and foot elevation features of the Craftmatic bed because of a medical condition. Initially, a friend told me about it and I decided to get one. I had a good experience with their sales rep and so far, I like the mattress.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I’ve been looking for an adjustable bed for a long time and I saw the Craftmatic ad on television and decided to call them. I had a great experience with their sales rep and it was so easy. Craftmatic delivered the bed when they said they would, set it up, and I liked that they took my old mattress with them. I used the bed the same day and it was great. The elevating part of the bed was its best feature and it was an excellent deal.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I purchased a Craftmatic bed and enjoyed my experience with their sales rep. He was very personable, wonderful and a gentleman. I enjoy the vibrating portion of the bed which relaxes me before I go to sleep. Also, I enjoy being able to raise and lower the bed to any position, particularly the back and the legs.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I’ve had my previous bed for 15 years prior to purchasing the Craftmatic adjustable bed. Their low cost was a deciding factor that I bought it. I enjoy the bed going up and down because I can eat on the bed or take medication and drink on the bed. Also, I had a great experience with their sales representative.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My back and shoulder pain made me decide to go buy a bed from Craftmatic. The price was better with them compared to the other brands of individually adjustable beds and I've also had a very good experience with their sales rep. I love the unit that I got, especially the individual control for each side.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My grandmother had a Craftmatic bed. I got one as well and I like that the bed is adjustable. The sales rep I talked to was good.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We have had a Craftmatic adjustable bed since 1997. And our most recent purchase was a replacement bed. Craftmatic's sales rep was amazing. Our bed has been wonderful to us and we can’t say bad things about it at all. We’ve always enjoyed it especially the adjustable features. We are back patients, and that makes our lives so much easier and we get a wonderful rest. We will be Craftmatic customers for life. We recommend them to all of our friends.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 23, 2018

We purchased a Legacy Craftmatic bed for my mother who recently returned from the hospital. We are repeat customers and have loved our Craftmatic bed. The issue is not about the beds but about the misrepresentation by the Craftmatic salesman during the sale and lack of responsiveness after the sale. Issue 1: Salesman stated “The legs on the bed come fully adjustable to the height of the person. The delivery person will adjust the bed to the appropriate height when delivered.” The bed was delivered with non adjustable fixed 5” legs. The bed is too high for my mother to get in; she requires assistance to get in it. The salesman misrepresented the legs being adjustable.

Issue 2: We called the salesman to explain the problem. The salesman changed his story and said not all beds come with adjustable legs. He expressed no sympathy and did not acknowledge he erred. He said he had to speak to a supervisor. Issue 3: The salesman made multiple commitments to send shorter legs and said “he would handle it”. Days went by with no return call. When we called him back he said the service department was handling getting new legs out. We called the service department and they said they had no orders from anyone to deliver legs. They did not receive any communication from the salesman.

Issue 4: Despite the aforementioned misrepresentation, Craftmatic would only send one set of legs at no charge. That is, if they sent one set of 3” legs, and we found we needed 2” legs we would have to pay for them. They would not send a 3” and 2” set so we could send back the set we didn’t need. For a $3,000 purchase and their error and misrepresentation, you’d think they’d bend over backward to get you the right legs at no charge. It was actually quite the opposite. No one ever apologized for the mistake and in fact they tried to make the customer feel they were doing you a favor by sending a courtesy set of legs. Incredible. If this were Amazon, they’d quickly be out of business.

In total we’ve made about twenty phone calls and spent literally hours with them trying to get simple plastic legs sent so my mother in assisted living can sleep in her new $3,000 bed. What Craftmatic employees don’t see is that their misrepresentation, lack of empathy, lack of responsiveness, rudeness on the telephone, has actually impacted Craftmatic’s bottom line. Before this experience my wife and I were talking about getting a new bed and under normal circumstances would have recommended Craftmatic to family and friends. We will be spending our thousands elsewhere you can be sure.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

There are many accessories available for the Legacy bed. According to the phone conversations several members of our staff have had with you, a five inch adjustable leg would have been too high. We sent you a set of two inch legs with screw in casters at no charge that could be two inches or slightly higher if you used the casters. The bed was shipped with 5 inch casters. We can not send you multiple sized accessories at no charge as you requested. We want you to be happy, if you can determine what height you want the bed to be, we will be happy to assist you.

Original review: July 23, 2018

The comments of people and the price made us choose to purchase a Craftmatic adjustable bed. The sales rep was wonderful and he guided us through the whole process. He recommended the box spring that we have in the bed right now. We like the adjustable part of the bed and we love the vibration feature when it's time for us to go to sleep. Customer Service called us once a year to see if we were still satisfied with the product and that guaranteed that their product had really good quality. It has been a good experience that we've had with them and I have already recommended them to my friends and family. We made a good choice in going with Craftmatic.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I chose Craftmatic adjustable bed for its quality and my transaction with their sales representative was very easy. They were very helpful. It was a very easy purchase. They brought the bed out and set it up. I enjoy all the different positions and getting in and out of bed. It’s very comfortable. I’ll recommend Craftmatic to family and friends.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Craftmatic was recommended to me by my daughter and their sales rep was very good. I also like its feature for raising of the head and the feet because it helps my hip.

Original review: July 22, 2018

The Craftmatic bed is everything they say it is and more. We had one for 27 years and we loved it from the first day we got it. It was adjustable and very comfortable. We had bragged for years about our bed but it was time for a new one and Peter, the sales representative we worked with, was absolutely the best guy we have run across. He was super good.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I had an excellent experience dealing with Craftmatic's sales rep. I purchased a bed from them after owning my previous one for about 12 years. I like the Craftmatic's head being elevated and it helps me sleep at night.

Original review: July 22, 2018

We did a research on adjustable beds and we felt that Craftmatic met our needs best. The Craftmatic sales representative was excellent. We were pleased with the follow-up that we’ve had after the purchase of the bed and have been pleased with the bed. And we enjoy the adjustable head of the bed.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I needed an adjustable bed for my back. I opted to buy a Craftmatic bed and I had a good experience with the sales rep. Since using the bed, I've enjoyed its adjustable head and foot parts.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I had a previous Craftmatic bed that I bought back in ’93. I loved it. Then, I needed a new one and the sales rep was fantastic and terrific. He did a great job, and I was thrilled with the deal that he gave me. So far, I appreciate the button that just lowers the bed to flat. I also enjoy the ability to raise and lower the head and the feet because of my gastric reflux. That was something my doctor really wanted me to do and the reason I bought the Craftmatic bed in the first place. While the lights were a plus feature, the biggest thing was the massage and the wave features were a lot quieter than my original Craftmatic. In fact, I go to sleep before they even shut off, and that’s just been super.

Original review: July 21, 2018

We compared the Craftmatic bed with the competitors. We also liked the history of Craftmatic, so we chose to buy a bed from them. Their sales rep was very enlightening and he knew what he was talking about. So far, I like the adjustments you can make up and down at the front and the back of the bed. You can set it to the position that you desire. My wife and I are both pleased with the Craftmatic bed. It really helped us.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We decided to give the Craftmatic adjustable bed a try and our experience with their sales rep was very good. Since then, I've been enjoying the comfort of the bed and the other features like being able to adjust it.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had a really nice encounter with the Craftmatic sales rep when I purchased the bed. With my Craftmatic bed, I enjoy being able to raise my head.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My wife and I both needed a bed that is comfortable and can do elevations on our head and feet. And we enjoy using the Craftmatic bed. There are so many features and it’s really comfortable. Also, their sales rep was a nice guy. He explained everything in detail and he never changed from the time that we sat down with him until the time that he arrived and put in the bed.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have back problems and when I read in bed, which I do a lot, it's very difficult to find comfort in bed with pillows. And in military quarters, the bedrooms are small so I needed a bed that would fit in the room with the other furniture that I have and the Craftmatic bed fit the bill. It is adjustable and I like that I can get comfortable just by pressing a button. Also, their reps were very good, helpful and polite.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I like that my Craftmatic bed is adjustable and I also like the vibrator for my feet and head. I had a Craftmatic bed before and then, I switched to another bed and did not like it and I went back to Craftmatic. My experience with the Craftmatic sales rep that I had when I got my first Craftmatic was very nice. And then, for the second one, I went ahead and called Craftmatic because I wanted another Craftmatic bed. Also, when they came and hooked up my bed, they were very nice and punctual, and that means a lot.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Craftmatic's advertisement made me buy their adjustable bed. I had an excellent experience working with their rep. I enjoy the bed's back massage feature.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I like the Craftmatic's head up feature for sleeping comfort, the feet up feature, and the night light. I also had an excellent experience dealing with their sales rep and have recommended Craftmatic to friends.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Craftmatic has been in operation for over 40 years and sells adjustable beds to a variety of customers. They offer most mattress types, deliver nationwide and are a well-reputed brand in the adjustable bed industry.

• Variety of mattresses: Craftmatic offers a variety of mattress types, including memory foam and coil. Both materials can be adapted to an adjustable bed frame and both can provide health benefits - the choice is really a matter of personal preference.

• In-home trial: They offer a 30-day in home trial period for you to test out the mattress. If you aren't satisfied with the bed, you can return it and they will come pick it up at no cost.

• Service and warranty: Craftmatic offers excellent service on all of their beds and will come to your home to service the bed for you. They also have great warranties that cover damage and manufacturer flaws.

• Good reputation: Craftmatic has a long history of providing adjustable mattresses to their clients and has great ratings when it comes to customers reviews. They are a very trusted name in the field.

• Sizes: Craftmatic offers a wide variety of sizes of mattresses. They also offer dual mattresses that allow people to make different adjustments to different sides of the bed.

• Best for: Singles, couples, the elderly and post-op.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds Company Information

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress
1978
www.craftmatic.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business