Craftmatic Adjustable Beds
Call toll free
4.77/5

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

"Craftmatic® is Rated #1 by Consumers Nationwide on ConsumerAffairs.com." Craftmatic® is the #1 brand name for adjustable beds, trusted for over 40 years. Over 1,100,000 Craftmatic® brand adjustable beds have been sold. The name Craftmatic® is synonymous with the adjustable bed. Craftmatic® enjoys a daily flow of referral and repeat business, demonstrating a high level of customer satisfaction.

The ratings for Craftmatic® reflect many actual Craftmatic® customers, some dating back to the 1970's. Since 2010, Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds have been sold exclusively in the U.S. through Craftmatic® Direct. Their Shop by Phone & Save® program offers a 30-day trial and mattress assurance program. Craftmatic® Direct has achieved an A+ rating with the BBB. Consumers seeking assistance may contact customer service, toll-free, For Prices Info and Service at (888) 495-2439.

A Craftmatic® Adjustable Bed with optional heat and massage may provide temporary relief of low back pain - minor aches and pains due to muscular fatigue or overexertion - edema or swelling of the legs - poor local blood circulation of the legs - symptoms of hiatus hernia - gastric reflux - night-time heartburn - The optional heating accessory provides temporary relief of mild arthritis and joint pain as well as muscle pain associated with stress and tension. Sleeping in an upright position may reduce or ease light & occasional snoring.

Home use only, not for hospital use or near tent oxygen or explosive gasses. Consult your physician before using massage option with a heart assist pacemaker. Go to craftmatic.com to review owners manual or call: (877) 389-9154.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress Gallery (1)
View More View More

4619 Craftmatic Adjustable Beds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: March 2, 2019

I purchased a Craftmatic bed to help my wife with her medical condition. Their sales rep walked us through the process and made sure that we fully understood all the costs associated with the bed. He also explained how we would end up having it shipped to us and went through how they would assemble it and then carry off our old bed. He was very efficient and very knowledgeable about all the facts. Since having the bed, we use the feature that elevates the head the most since with it, I can watch TV when I'm in the bedroom very well. My wife enjoys it too because it helps her with her hiatal hernia. The Craftmatic bed has met all our expectations. I don't plan on going back to a regular bed in the future. We'll stay with Craftmatic until we pass away. I recommended the Craftmatic to other people going from a regular standard bed to Craftmatic to meet their special needs. We're totally pleased with it.

Get expert buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I'm in my 70s and I had some disability, and getting a Craftmatic bed seemed like a perfect choice. I've been following the brand for about 40 consistent years, never thinking I'd need it. But I said to myself that if I did, I'd call them up and order the bed when it's still around. And, I'm totally thrilled when I did that. Their sales rep was definitely one of the best salespersons I've ever met. He was informative and he gave me a background on what to expect.

The bed was promptly delivered and there were the right amount of technicians to do it. They went to the process of how to get and why we wanna get as well as told us of what to touch, how to touch it, how to store it, the different ways of massage, and how to stop it which is important too. I appreciate almost everything about the bed. I don't use the massage very much, but I was able to get my legs elevated. My head also elevates either the same time with the legs or at separate times. I can also adjust to my desire. There are no increments that you have to do. It's just total touch and stop.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I got my first Craftmatic bed in 2002 and I got my second one six months ago since the Craftmatic adjustable bed is an outstanding bed and I like the variety of positions and the comfort that it gives me for sleeping during the night. I had an outstanding experience with the sales representative. He had a really good deal and the purchasing process was prompt. I like the wireless control and the ability to put the bed in any position that I need. I also have a vibrate feature on the bed, which is really nice.

Craftmatic is the bed of choice that you wanna get out of the beds that are out there. It's definitely in a reasonable price range and for the cost you get quite a comfortable outfit to sleep on, help your health, and rest. I'd recommend it to my friends and anybody that's in the need of a nice, comfortable bed that's solid and will last a long time. Craftmatic is the way to go.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I wanted a bed I could adjust to raise the head up while watching TV. I liked the price of the Craftmatic adjustable bed. I had looked at other adjustable beds like Sleep Number, but I didn’t wanna pay that much. I had owned a king-sized bed for years. My wife and I got one several years ago. She passed away about 5 years ago, and I kept using that same bed. And then I got the queen-sized Craftmatic. The Craftmatic sales rep was very good, professional and he worked with me to find out what I wanted. He also got me the best price he could. It was a very good relationship. He did a good job. I’ve been well-pleased with my Craftmatic since I got it. I raise the head if I want to to watch TV. But every night, I would use the massager. It makes me relax, puts me to sleep quicker, and I’m thankful that it turns off automatically so I’m always asleep before it gets to vibrating.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

We had a Craftmatic bed for about 17 years and it was one of the old ones they had. It gave us such good service and was such a good bed for us. We couldn’t get the wired controls anymore. So we updated because we wanted to get the new one they had. It’s the best bet out there, as far as I’m concerned. I like the wireless remotes. It's a big improvement and it keeps away a lot of problems that we had with our wire remotes. I also like the lightness of the frame now over the old ones. We can move it easier.

I had an excellent experience with the Craftmatic sales representatives. They really took our matters into heart. It wasn’t a hard-sell because I knew what I wanted again, but they were very conscientious and they stayed in contact with us to make sure that that is what we wanted. Anybody who wants a quality adjustable bed, they need to go with Craftmatic. The other beds that I’ve seen in marketplaces don’t hold up like the Craftmatic does.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress?

Original review: May 13, 2019

Bought an adjustable bed 9/17. Called for repair 4/19 (bed would not lay flat). Sent Craftmatic $175.00 for Tech to come out and REPAIR. Had to order defective part that was under warranty (no charge). When we called to let them know the part had arrived (looks used) we were told it would be another $175.00 for the tech to come back out and install it. At no time prior to this were we told we had to pay once for diagnosis and another time for installation. Conversations with service department were contentious and rude. Very dissatisfied with product, company, and customer service.

Original review: April 29, 2019

While discussing our possible purchase with salesman Allen, we ordered a king size bed comprised of two twin beds, both with medium mattress firmness. We also shared that we needed a bed built for a disabled person to safely use and he assured us that it would be. We said we would need to check with our doctor and he said we had a three day cancellation period. What he FAILED to tell us is that if the bed was shipped DURING that cancellation period, we’d have to pay $750 to return it. He also offered a two week period before delivery began.

The following morning, we received the tracking notice from the delivery company that showed the bed had already been shipped a few hours after we bought it. Later that same day, we received the information that listed this $750 fee. Had we been advised that this was a part of the purchase contract, we would have waited until our doctor approved the purchase.

We feel that Allen, and Craftmatic, AGAIN perpetrated an outright act of fraud, as when we contacted him during the cancellation period, he again FAILED to admit his false information, or act to rectify the situation. What he did do, was hang up on our calls. In all fairness, he did suggest we accept the bed and call for it’s return on the 31st day costing only $90. What reputable company would suggest such a thing IF THAT WAS A PRUDENT BUSINESS PRACTICE?

Point 2: The bed that was shipped had two firm mattresses. Not what we ordered, thus a negligent (or fraudulent) information and sale. AGAIN, we were told to try the firm mattresses for the 30 day return period and then pay only $90 to return them for the original mattresses we ordered. Another intentional act of corruption and/or fraud?

Overall, when our contact with Allen and his supervisor failed to discuss their deception or NEGLIGENCE IN THIS MATTER, and further refusal to talk with us by hanging up, we decided to get legal advice. When Allen called us to say we had to pay the $750, we shared this advice. VISA decided it was creditable for a formal dispute and froze payment for a minimum of 90 days. We were advised of further procedures of investigation and follow up, including the Florida Attorney General.

We were fortunate that we record all conversations, took photos and printed all correspondence during contacts with this company. Their “deal” sounded too good to be true, based up research we had previously done. From all follow up conversations and “hang-“ups with Allen and his supervisor, it’s obvious that CRAFTMATIC would rather deal with the outcome of all disputes and investigations that will cost much more than the $750. Meanwhile, we will continue to pray for a more honest and reasonable resolution.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 24, 2019

Do not ever purchase a bed from this company. Craftmatic because if you don’t like it you you can never talk to a customer service person who gives you the correct information. When you finally talk to a person your 30 trial has expired so then you're stuck with the bed. I called and talked to Peter and he was horrible horrible. He called me a ** unbelievable. Your business should not even be in business. I want to warn other people about what happened to me so it doesn’t happen to anyone else. Do you not buy a bed from this company. Warn all your family and friends.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

I am sorry you had difficulty however your trial is not over after 30 days, it is beginning. We want you to sleep on the bed for 30 days AND THEN if you are not happy you can contact our customer service department. I will have someone give you a call to assist you.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Someone from my family recommended Craftmatic to me. The Craftmatic sales representative was very knowledgeable about the product, and he coached me through selecting an appropriate bed for me and husband. I like the fact that I can lay my head up to read, look at the TV, and play on my tablet. I have recommended Craftmatic to a friend.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I had heard about Craftmatic for years and I decided that it was time to get one. Dealing with their sales rep was a very enjoyable experience. With the bed, I enjoy the ability to raise my head and my feet. It gives me a good night's sleep.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My wife has leg issues and I have issues. We needed a bed that can adjust the legs or elevate the head. We bought a Craftmatic and our experience with their rep was fine.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I needed a replacement for a previous Craftmatic bed that I had owned for about 27 years. I got another Craftmatic. The rep I worked with was very agreeable and their crew was able to take away my old bed. I have water on the ankles and so I enjoy using the bed to lift my feet.

Original review: March 10, 2019

My experience with the Craftmatic sales representative was satisfactory. I have bad back and legs and I enjoy my Craftmatic adjustable bed's vibrator feature the most.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I had a Craftmatic once before, which made me buy another one. I had a very good experience with their rep. And I like that the head and the foot of the bed can be raised.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The Craftmatic sales representative was very good. I wish I had ordered one bed instead of two because I couldn't sleep close to my wife. But other than that, I sleep comfortably in the Craftmatic bed and I enjoy using its adjustment features.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I really enjoy all of our Craftmatic bed's features and I do like the way the head will raise. My husband saw the Craftmatic advertisement on television, and so we got one. And we had a wonderful experience with the sales rep.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I was having health concerns and decided to purchase a Craftmatic adjustable bed. Dealing with their rep was a wonderful experience and I like that the bed’s head and foot can be raised. The Craftmatic bed has considerably helped my husband with the swelling of his legs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have acid reflux and so I purchased a Craftmatic adjustable bed, and I mostly use the feature that raises the head. I had a very good experience with the sales rep and I'd recommend Craftmatic.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have aches and pains and I decided to purchase a Craftmatic adjustable bed. Their reps were very helpful. They gave me some good points and they helped me get the financing for it. I love this bed. After I've worked and been on my feet all day lifting things, I can go to bed and turn its massager on and it automatically shuts off. When I get up, I'm good as new. About a month after I got my bed in June, I had a friend from high school stay over and I let her sleep in my bed for the night. Then, the summer after she went back home, she bought herself one. This bed sells itself. It’s the best. Everybody has to try it once.

Original review: March 6, 2019

The Craftmatic sales rep was really good, and he was as nice as he could be. I enjoy the bed's adjustability, and it makes the most difference for me that I get up.

Original review: March 6, 2019

The sales rep explained everything, and he answered any questions I had right away. The Craftmatic bed is adjustable and I could get my back to the correct alignment for less pain. I enjoy the features that adjusts the head, the back, and the legs, all separately or together. I'm satisfied with Craftmatic.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had a good experience with the Craftmatic rep. I purchased a Craftmatic to be able to sleep better, and I enjoy the comfort of this bed.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have a bad back and I don’t sleep well at night. I wanted to get out of my recliner chair and back into my bedroom. I talked to somebody on the phone and ordered the Craftmatic bed. It is a great bed and I like it very much. The best feature is raising the legs and the head at the same time, so I can sleep in a cradle-like position as I do in my recliner chair.

Original review: March 4, 2019

My mother had a Craftmatic bed. When she died, we took it over. Thus far, my husband likes the bed's adjustability.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The Craftmatic bed is an excellent bed. I use the foot elevation feature the most. The bed works great and is very comfortable.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I decided to get a Craftmatic bed since I don't have to lift it. I like the adjustability feature of the bed. Also, the experience with their sales rep was okay.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had a great Craftmatic representative. Craftmatic is a good bed. It was fast and easy to put up. I really enjoy it and I really like its adjustability because it's easier to raise the head up and down.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had a Craftmatic bed before and it lasted for many years. I decided to purchase a new one and the experience with their sales rep was okay. With the Craftmatic adjustable bed, I enjoy the ability to elevate my head and legs. I also enjoy the massage component.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Craftmatic is a wonderful bed for seniors and other people. It is a great bed when you are watching television, especially if you are handicapped like I am. I enjoy the elevation of the footbed because it really helps. It also helps circulation in my legs. I have another Craftmatic bed and I've been using it for about 10 years. I really enjoyed it and I thought I'd get another one. I live between two houses, so now, I have one at each house and I really love them both.

I sleep in an upward position and I really enjoy the head coming up because I have acid reflux. I really enjoy my Craftmatic bed. Moreover, the Craftmatic sales representatives have been wonderful. They've gotten back to me a couple of times to see how I am enjoying my bed, which is a wonderful courtesy on their part. I would recommend Craftmatic.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I was suffering from back problems and I had a hip replacement. I decided to purchase a Craftmatic adjustable bed and I enjoyed talking to their rep. Since getting it, I've been enjoying using the bed’s head raising feature because I suffer a lot with my back when I'm lying down. Plus, the leg lifting feature helps. I would tell all my neighbors and friends about how wonderful the bed sleeps. Everybody needs one. When people get older, they need a Craftmatic. If they have back and leg problems, it is a wonderful gift to give to themselves.

Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress expert review by Whitney Roban, Ph.D.

Craftmatic has been in operation for over 40 years and sells adjustable beds to a variety of customers. They offer most mattress types, deliver nationwide and are a well-reputed brand in the adjustable bed industry.

• Variety of mattresses: Craftmatic offers a variety of mattress types, including memory foam and coil. Both materials can be adapted to an adjustable bed frame and both can provide health benefits - the choice is really a matter of personal preference.

• In-home trial: They offer a 30-day in home trial period for you to test out the mattress. If you aren't satisfied with the bed, you can return it and they will come pick it up at no cost.

• Service and warranty: Craftmatic offers excellent service on all of their beds and will come to your home to service the bed for you. They also have great warranties that cover damage and manufacturer flaws.

• Good reputation: Craftmatic has a long history of providing adjustable mattresses to their clients and has great ratings when it comes to customers reviews. They are a very trusted name in the field.

• Sizes: Craftmatic offers a wide variety of sizes of mattresses. They also offer dual mattresses that allow people to make different adjustments to different sides of the bed.

• Best for: Singles, couples, the elderly and post-op.

Profile picture of Whitney Roban, Ph.D.
Whitney Roban, Ph.D. Sleep Expert

Dr. Whitney Roban is the author of the Devin & Evan Book Series and the founder of SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ, SLEEP WELL/LEARN WELL and SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. She sits on the advisory board panel of the American Sleep Association and has written for and worked with national publications and organizations such as Working Mother Magazine, MSN, Business Insider, NBC News, LinkedIn, The Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT and others.

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds Company Information