Compare Reviews for Adjustable Beds
Adjustable beds allow you to elevate your head or your feet depending on what type of position is most comfortable for your body. They can help create comfortable positions for watching television, sleeping or resting and recovering from surgery.
Adjustable bed bases are usually sold separately from mattresses, and they can include features such as massage, nightlight, bluetooth connection to your smart phone and remote control.
Top 8 Best Rated Adjustable Beds
|Read 4155 Reviews|
Craftmatic brand has offered electric, adjustable beds to consumers for over 40 years. Over 1,100,000 Craftmatic brand beds have been sold to customers throughout the world.
|Read 127 Reviews|
Nest Bedding is a factory-direct mattress and bedding company. It offers a 100-night risk-free trial, free shipping and financing options. Its mattresses range from $400 to $1,500 and come with a 10 or 20-year warranty.
|Read 7959 Reviews|
Easy Rest offers a complete line of therapeutic adjustable beds made in factories in the USA. Their beds come in all sizes. The Company guarantees in-home service by specially trained technicians should the need ever arise.
|Read 14 Reviews|
Reverie uses patented mattress technology to provide a customized mattress on an adjustable foundation. It offers a risk-free trial so that users can see whether the technology offered helps improve their quality of sleep.
|Read 36 Reviews|
Tempur-Pedic is known for their mattresses, but the company also offers adjustable beds. They have three different bases to choose from including the TEMPUR-Ergo Grand, Premier and Plus.
Natural Form is a family-owned company that manufactures and sells self-adjustable mattresses, which change shape based on the user's body weight and size. The Hilton Garden Inn uses these mattresses in all of its rooms.
Personal Comfort has been offering customized beds at factory direct prices to consumers since the early 1970s. It is the only adjustable mattress company that is owned and operated by an FDA medical device manufacturer.
Sleep Comfort provides adjustable bed delivery and service throughout the country. Users can look at beds online and purchase over the phone. This company has technicians working out of every state to improve customer service.
The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services.
What features matter most?
Adjustable beds come in many different sizes. The size of bed that you choose depends largely upon personal preference as well as if you are sleeping in the bed alone or sharing it with another person.
- Twin: Twin beds are great for people who are planning to sleep alone or for those who are recovering from surgery or need the bed for recuperative purposes. They provide stability and are also more affordable than larger beds.
- Queen: Queen-size beds are also good for people who sleep alone but are also good for couples. They aren't as good for those recovering from an operation who are sharing the bed with another person.
- King: King size beds can be expensive and might not be necessary for those who are sleeping alone but they are great for couples who enjoy having extra space so as not to disrupt each other's sleep or families who share a bed.
The surface of the adjustable bed is very important to the quality of sleep you will get. There are many different surfaces available and consumers can choose between them depending on personal preferences and budget restrictions.
- Memory foam: Memory foam beds are designed to provide maximum comfort and stability and align to the contours of your body. Many people find them to be more comfortable because they ease the contact with pressure points on the body.
- Coil: Coil beds can provide excellent support but don't always work well with adjustable bed bases. It's important to choose a coil bed that is flexible and able to adapt to an adjustable base. They provide strong support and tend to be quite durable.
- Air bed: Air bed mattresses are often much more affordable than other options and can provide a comfortable and supportive rest. They generally tend to be much less expensive than other types of beds as well.
The motor of the adjustable bed is an important thing to consider because it affects how well and how easily the bed works. Different beds come with different quality motors.
- Durability: The motor should be extremely durable so that it will last for years without needing maintenance. It's also important to make sure that the company is able to service the bed in case issues arise as the parts can be expensive and hard to find.
- AC or DC: AC motors tend to be more reliable but DC motors are much smaller and less expensive.
- Noise: Some motors are much louder than others. It's important to consider the noise level that you are comfortable with when selecting an adjustable bed.
Adjustable beds are operated by hand controls that are part of the bed itself. These allow you to lift or lower different sections of the bed.
- Menu options: Consider how complicated the menu options are on the hand control. They should be intuitive and easy to understand without a guide.
- Wireless: Wireless remotes are convenient because they don't require cords and other bulky connectors but they can also suffer from interference from other signals.
- Wired: Wired hand controls do take up more space but they also offer a more reliable connection and aren't subject to getting lost.
Warranties are an important part of an adjustable bed as they help cover repairs and maintenance to the bed. Some warranties cover more issues than others.
- Cost: The cost of a warranty can vary greatly and buyers should find out how much the warranty will cost.
- Damage: Check out if the warranty covers accidental damage. These can be more expensive but they will cover the expense of the damage to the bed.
- Broken parts: Check to see if the warranty covers parts that break due to manufacturer error. The parts can be expensive and difficult to find so you want to be sure that the manufacturer is able to service the equipment in the event of any broken parts or issues.
Adjustable beds are great for people both young and old. Depending on your personal tastes and preferences, there are many different types of beds to choose from.
- Finish: Some beds will have a finish that conceals the motor and flex points while others will have these parts exposed.
- Motor mounting: Some beds have motors that are permanently mounted to the inside of the system and others have the motor on the outside of the bed.
- Fabric: The mattress can come in a variety of different fabrics. This is mostly a matter of personal preference but it's also important to consider whether the fabric is resistant to dust mites, antimicrobial, washable and comfortable.
What are different types of adjustable beds?
Hard-wired systems have the hand control attached to the bed with an electrical cord. They can be high voltage or low voltage and are typically cheaper than remote control beds.
Remote control systems
Remote control systems use a wireless remote control to operate the bed. They can be radio frequency or infrared but don't require any cords or plugs.
Innerspring mattresses are similar to ordinary mattresses except they have a flexible border wire or no border wire at all. This allows it to bend and move with the controls of the electric base.
Memory Foam mattresses are made from oil-based foam that softens and responds to the position of your body on the mattress. The foam forms to your body without hitting any pressure points.
Who's it for?
Single people can enjoy the benefits of an adjustable bed for a variety of reasons. They will typically be interested in twin or queen size beds.
Couples can also enjoy the benefits of sleeping in an adjustable bed. They prefer larger beds and beds that allow for different sides to be adjusted at different levels.
Elderly people enjoy adjustable beds because they offer great comfort and support. They look for beds in a variety of sizes and surface types.
Many people recovering from injuries and operations enjoy adjustable beds because they are great for helping the healing process. This group will typically look for smaller beds where they can sleep and recover alone.
Craftmatic has been in operation for over 40 years and sells adjustable beds to a variety of customers. They offer most mattress types, deliver nationwide and are a well-reputed brand in the adjustable bed industry.
- Variety of mattresses: Craftmatic offers a variety of mattress types, including memory foam and coil. Both materials can be adapted to an adjustable bed frame and both can provide health benefits - the choice is really a matter of personal preference.
- In-home trial: They offer a 30-day in home trial period for you to test out the mattress. If you aren't satisfied with the bed, you can return it and they will come pick it up at no cost.
- Service and warranty: Craftmatic offers excellent service on all of their beds and will come to your home to service the bed for you. They also have great warranties that cover damage and manufacturer flaws.
- Good reputation: Craftmatic has a long history of providing adjustable mattresses to their clients and has great ratings when it comes to customers reviews. They are a very trusted name in the field.
- Sizes: Craftmatic offers a wide variety of sizes of mattresses. They also offer dual mattresses that allow people to make different adjustments to different sides of the bed.
- Best for: Singles, couples, the elderly and post-op.
Easy Rest Adjustable Sleep Systems sells electric adjustable beds in many different sizes and varieties. They focus solely on their own brand of mattress that fits in their adjustable base.
- Singular focus: Easy Rest focuses only on their own brand of adjustable bed and mattress. This means that buyers don't have to choose from a number of different options.
- Mattress quality: Easy Rest uses high-quality components in their mattresses and bases. They make and assemble all of their materials in the U.S.A.
- Affordable: Easy Rest's beds are very affordable compared to some of their competitors. They offer their beds at low prices because they don't have to maintain storage units across the country.
- Convenience: Easy Rest is very convenient to use. They come to your home and provide you with easy-to-understand info about their beds in order to help you select the right one.
- Service: Easy Rest provides excellent customer service to all of its customers. They come to your home to help you select the best bed and guarantee in-home service anytime you have an issue with your bed.
- Best for: Couples and the elderly.
Sleep Comfort has been open for over 17 years. They are located in San Diego but are able to deliver beds to all corners of the United States. They are known for providing fast, reliable service to all of their customers.
Natural Form is a family owned and operated company that designs and manufactures their own adjustable beds. They have a primary focus on the medical industry and are the choice of many hospitals and hotels.
Reverie makes mattresses with a special DreamCell technology that's designed to help users achieve a deeper and more restful sleep. They are remote controlled and offer a wide range of flexibility.
Personal Comfort Bed offers customized mattresses that are adjustable according to your specific needs. They have been in business since 1973 and offer their own brand of air mattresses.
Tempur-Pedic has been innovating the science of sleep for years. The company developed its signature TEMPUR memory foam using NASA designs, and currently manufactures mattresses, bed bases and bedding accessories. Tempur-Pedic products are ergonomic and adapt to an individual's body and sleeping posture, delivering a comfortable sleep.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.