4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Saatva mattress is an ultra-premium, eco-friendly Saatva, sold exclusively online for under $1,000. Saatva mattresses are built with a distinctive high quality feature known as 'coil on coil' construction. Our lower coil unit offers a connected hourglass shaped steel support base. Our top coil unit features a luxurious individually wrapped coil system that contours and responds perfectly to your body, eliminating most motion transfer. This construction coupled with our advanced euro pillow top, can only be found in ultra premium mattresses .

Our 11.5 inch Saatva mattress is also compatible with adjustable bases, including the Lineal adjustable base. Lineal provides weightless zero-g support with a whisper-soft motor and wall-hugging design.

Saatva offers exceptional customer service. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone or live chat at saatvamattress.com with any questions about our products or your order. We also provide in-home set up and old mattress take-away service if you need it.

Saatva is truly mattress buying made easy.

View More View More

3185 Saatva Mattress Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 8, 2019

My experience started with the moving company assigned to my order. The moving company TCMS was originally contracted and contacted me via automated text to set up a delivery day. I went thru the prompts and the closest delivery day was 3 weeks out, and I’m 15 minutes from their warehouse. So I contacted CS for a possible switch in delivery day and got no answer over the phone so I sent an email and receive one back promptly stating that the only available days were the ones through the automated machine. So I bit the bullet and went thru with set up a say 3 weeks out expecting a 3-4 hour window for delivery which is the usual, "I’m a dispatcher and CSR and we don’t do any windows greater or lesser unless it’s special circumstances."

So when I got the automated email back stating the window would be from 8AM to 8PM I was ticked and looked into the company only to find atrocious reviews from almost every customer that had dealt with them. So I reached out to Saatva just to give them a heads up about this company and the poor reviews and professional of the company. Johnathan emailed me back before I even checked my email for the night so I woke up and saw it. He had given me his direct line and his main office line to get ahold of him and chat about the issue. So I called and left a message first thing when I woke up.

Johnathan called me back within minutes and was very apologetic about the mix up with the moving company provided. He said my zip code was off in the database and that’s why the company with poor reviews was given the contract. He went ahead and forwarded the order to the primary contractor they use in my area and set in motion a delivery day within the coming week.

All in all the headache caused by the window of delivery and expected date after being quoted from Saatva personally was swiftly and correctly taken care of by Johnathan the CSR and he bent over backwards to make sure the quoted date would be as close to or even before potentially depending on when I receive confirmation from that Contractor on Monday. I’ll send another review after my bed arrives and I sleep a couple nights in it, but for now I’d give Saatva a 5 star review for the handling of this situation and the gracious hospitality from the CSR Johnathan.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was skeptical about ordering a mattress over the internet due to past experiences with foam mattresses that came in boxes or were rolled up and either didn't expand, didn't last, or the company went out of business within a couple years of our purchase. I had also had poor experiences over the years with coil mattresses that were either too firm or too soft. We even slept on futons. We kept the last foam mattress and placed a topper on it to avoid having to spend a lot of money to be disappointed again.

The problem was that I have arthritis and was waking up in the night and morning with hip, knee and back pain that was getting intolerable. I have arthritis in my shoulders as well and have had neck surgery. It seemed that I was always rolling into a crevasse and if my husband rolled towards me, we sank to the middle of the mattress. I literally had to climb out of the bed. I was taking anti inflammatory medications more than I wanted to and feared going to bed because of the way I'd feel when I woke up.

I did a lot of research on various beds. I visited the bed stores. I looked at warranties. I tried a bed at a local bed store that was a "hybrid" coil and foam mattress. I liked it, but there was a poor warranty on it and if it was not to my liking a month down the road, the store would not have given me my money back, just store credit for expensive beds I didn't like. I chose Saatva at that point. I read a lot of reviews and was hearing experiences from people who had similar physical issues to mine and how pleased they were with their mattress. I decided to take the plunge.

I bought the 14 1/2" Luxury Firm mattress. I cannot tell anyone enough, I am completely, I mean 100% satisfied with the fit for us. After only about 3 nights on this bed, my knee, hip and back pain were gone. I have cut back on the anti inflammatory medication and I wake up feeling refreshed and smiling. It's like a miracle for me. I have to be on my feet all day long and I'm not limping around any more. Even my husband who wasn't quite sure we needed a new bed because he doesn't tend to have the arthritic problems that I do is very happy with it. The delivery was great, the crew was in and out in about 10 minutes. They took our old mattress, which in itself is fabulous because they are a real problem to get rid of otherwise. If you are on the fence, just go for it. You can always exchange for another type if it doesn't fit your needs or get your money back. I hope everyone who buys a Saatva has as great of an experience as we have.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I discovered the Saatva brand while researching our next mattress purchase. The website is well laid out and provides the kind of information I was seeking. After deciding what I wanted, there was one little snag. It appears to be in the steps involved in making selections for a purchase. We decided to get the Lineal Adjustable Bed in a split king. The website first asks you to select your mattress type and size. This is where things got very confusing. Were we to order the king mattress or 2 twin XLs? I was pretty sure the 2 twins...so I selected the twin XL size.

Next I was asked if I wanted the Lineal Adjustable base, which I selected in King. The order summary showed 1 Twin XL mattress and 1 King Adjustable base... There was nowhere to select the quantity of the mattress! After calling the customer service number, a very polite representative could not help me order online, but was happy to take my order over the phone. I wasn’t quite ready to commit until I researched one other mattress company, so I declined the phone order.

After researching the other company, I decided on Saatva and went back to the website to figure out how to place my order. After trying a few things, I discovered that I needed to skip the mattress size selection, and move to the Lineal Adjustable base option first. Once I did that, a new box displayed asking if I wanted the mattress synced or split. Upon selecting split, it automatically ordered 2 twin XLs. Perhaps if the steps were: mattress type, then base/foundation, frame, and lastly size...it would have been a smooth experience. Seems like a simple issue, but wasted about 30 minutes of my time and created a little confusion and frustration in the buying experience. I’m looking forward to receiving my new bed!

Saatva Mattress response

Hi Pamela,

We are so happy you chose our company to purchase your beautiful mattress & adjustable base.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, we are always looking for ways to improve as we grow. I will be sure to share this feedback with our team, to ensure we kick these ideas around.

We look forward to making you another satisfied Saatva customer.

All The Best,

Kristel E.

Director of National Reviews

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We first heard of Saatva from a friend. My wife asked her friends for suggestions for a new bed and we got several suggestions including Saatva. My nephew has a bad back and he loves his Sleep Number bed, so I was leaning in that direction already, but in deference to my wife, I started looking online at the mattresses her friends suggested. Although I had never heard of Saatva before, I was surprised when it kept appearing on sites dedicated to mattress comparisons.

In particular, I filled out a rather lengthy survey on sleeplikethedead.com and was shocked when Saatva was the number one recommendation based on my questionnaire responses. It was at that point that I first visited the Saatva site, and I was impressed right away. The emphasis on quality products and the marketing approach that keeps costs to a minimum seemed to make sense. It was also here that I first found the lineal adjustable bed. It looked amazing. I searched for reviews on YouTube and was impressed that they were virtually all very positive. Still, I had Sleep Number in the back of my mind.

Finally, we made the trek to the local Sleep Number store. I knew they were expensive, but we are both experiencing back, hip and shoulder pain, so it seemed like an investment might be in order. Once we got there, I have to say I was disappointed. The adjustable nature of the beds is definitely cool, but the memory foam toppers (the sales associate slipped once and called them that, then quickly corrected himself to say 'comfort layer') just wasn't comfortable to me. I've had memory foam toppers before and I don't like how they suck you into them so you have to struggle to roll over.

We tried a couple of the beds and then my wife asked about prices. Never one to pull punches, she asked the sales associate why their beds were so much more than the Saatva beds. Being non-confrontational by nature, I was a little embarrassed, but the response was telling. First, he said he had never heard of them. So when she rephrased asking why Sleep Number beds are so expensive, he said, "Well, they are high-quality beds. And you are paying for the name." I added, "They have to pay for this store, too."

We then went back to the Saatva website. The site is clear and easy to maneuver. Every question I had, I found an answer to. Yes, it would be nice to actually lie on the bed before ordering it, but at the same time, I honestly don't know that lying on a bed for five minutes is a real good indication of how it will work over a whole night, or a month of nights. The 120-night trial will tell. If it isn't right, the $99 it will cost to send it back will be worth it.

I have to say, that the lineal adjustable frame has be really excited. I watched tons of reviews of many different adjustable beds, and in most everyone I watched of another frame, the reviewers mentioned something that they wished it had, and in almost every case, the lineal had it. I can't wait to get the actual bed in place.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Our first time experience of purchasing a mattress set online w/o trying it out beforehand and including a 90 day trial period, I had little to lose and decided to order the highest depth of both mattress and box springs hoping it would meet our needs. I would never buy a car w/o trying it out first, so I had this mindset going in; it was a big change for me to handle buying in this manner and am glad that did not deter my decision to buy a Saatva Mattress.

I cannot say enough good about this mattress set or the Saatva people. A guarantee if you don't like the set is a full return of product minus a delivery charge, so I wouldn't be taking a great loss and yet would have a 90 day trial period to confirm how the mattress was holding up and providing us with everything it stated online. Stores don't offer that much time to decide; it's an instore buy, plus charges for delivery are additional.

Our first night's sleep was so comfortable and relaxing immediately conforming to our body that guaranteed a sleep without pain or discomfort and awaking in the morning, we felt refreshed and ready to meet the day although I really didn't want to leave the bed and desired to stay in longer; it was so comfortable. With bad backs, we needed relief and this Saatva Mattess provided that and more.

The Saatva people were very easy to contact; never a problem that couldn't be solved asap and made good on their word. They honestly aim to please each and every customer without hesitation and make certain you're fully satisfied with a Saatva purchase. I learned some mattresses with quality have fewer springs used than the Saatva. That's a quantity factor besides quality, pricing and guarantee that led me to purchase a Saatva mattress set. I also was able to have the box springs returned for the lesser inch height due to my difficulty in getting into bed easily as it was too high (30") from floor for me. So, exchanges are in progress and Saatva is maintaining the same professional manner at keeping their word.

We will not lose quality and comfort already experiencing by making this slight exchange and it will still have the same 15 year guarantee of wear. Pleasing their customers with satisfaction guarantee and quality is "the name of their game" and I'm happy to be the recipient of such wonderful Saatva service from purchase, to exchange and delivery. I'd not hesitate to buy from again and will definitely recommend Saatva to others. Also, if there's ever a problem with the delivery service etc., you can contact Saatva via online chat, phone or email and they will make things right and improve upon their care even more; that spells professional perfection.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: June 19, 2019

I had a few issues with the mattress. The third mattress we received was the one we should have purchase to begin with. We ordered the Luxury Firm because the Saatva website kept referring it was like sleeping on top hotel mattresses. We travel a bit and love the luxury firm hotel mattresses. When we received our first mattress, it was not what we expected. Actually, there was a large hump in the middle of the mattress. It was returned and another was delivered. My husband’s back began to bother him and it got progressively worse. I called again and we decided with the customer service reps recommendations to get a firm this time.

I must say Customer Service for Saatva is fabulous. We like our new firm mattress but I cannot rate it a five. We are sleeping better but not the best we have ever slept. The firm works much better for us. I gave a four rating because I don’t think I would buy a mattress online again not sure. That is only me. Again customer service is fabulous. I think buying online is an individual preference. The firm mattress works for us. Thank you Saatva for being so dedicated to your customers.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I ordered a Saatva mattress a few months ago. I've been having back and neck issues. The mattress did not work out but the customer service has been amazing. They called and followed up with me via email when it was delivered on time. They provided advice and suggestions when I reported that the mattress I had was uncomfortable and sent a pillow top for the softer mattress when the harder one was not working out. And, they, scheduled the pick up of the mattress (for a small fee that was disclosed up front) that is not working out with a thank you for being our customer. I wish the mattress had worked out as I really want to support and reward this type of company.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I purchased a mattress on their site, but upon delivery it was too large to fit up my stairwell. I explained the situation to Carl with Saatva customer service, and he offered to exchange the mattress for one with a lower profile or for a "split design" mattress. I was not interested in either option, and he did not press the issue or try to upsell me further. He immediately agreed to process a full refund, and within 10 minutes I received a notice from PayPal that he had done so. He was courteous and attentive, and this was an incredibly easy process to get a full refund. 100% satisfied.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I ordered a new luxury firm mattress from this company. The mattress arrived broken. They were very friendly and helpful and gave no push back. They just solved my problem without any difficulty. I would recommend them to everyone that is looking for a new mattress.

Original review: June 5, 2019

They were professional and handled all of my needs when I forgot the frame, they helped me add it with no hassle. Mandy focused on my needs and sent me my order confirmation in speedy time. I just wanna say thanks for the help and keep it up!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I’m going to review the order process I experienced. From my online order to delivery notification, everything went smoothly from phone calls to emails. I was kept updated from start to finish even letting me know when my order had come out of production and when to expect a delivery phone call. The delivery call was stated for 3-5 days after coming out of production and I received the call on day two with delivery confirmed for the next day. I also received a follow up email confirming the delivery date with a four hour window. I can’t say enough about how well this company conducts their business and customer service. I’ve had a very positive experience with SAATVA.

Original review: June 4, 2019

S/w Jia from Saatva to make a mattress purchase today. Smoothest transaction I have ever made. They made it so easy and quick. Jia was so very nice, great customer service. Product is made in the USA which is wonderful, and if you are in the military or a veteran you receive a discount I believe. One of the best companies I have ever had to deal with.

Original review: June 3, 2019

After a month of sleeping on this bed, which has been comfortable from the start, this is the best bed we have ever tried. Customer service was great in answering questions, delivery of the bed was prompt. We are very happy customers.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have been researching mattresses for weeks and to be quite honest it has been exhausting. A friend told me to visit Saatva and I did. The website is clear and concise. There are not too many choices to get confusing and the pricing was better than any of the department/mattress superstores I visited. When I placed my order the representative (Shadai) was personable, knowledgeable and answered my many questions without making me feel like an idiot for asking so many questions. I really appreciated that! I placed my order and received follow up emails about my special request delivery date within 15 minutes. I am so appreciative of the company meeting my special request date as it is very difficult for my husband and I to take off from work. Overall... I WONDERFUL buying experience.

Original review: June 3, 2019

SAATVA does not disappoint, they deliver quality and good value. Good company, well organized, and focused on exceptional service. I highly recommend them. :) The delivery, setup and disposal are unique and much appreciated.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have been amazed by the level of customer service that this company offers. Every single interaction has been pleasant, efficient, and flawless. NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE with multiple interactions. In today's world you have so many negative interactions with companies that it becomes the norm. You EXPECT poor customer service. But Saatva restores your confidence and makes you realize that there are still companies in the world that DO IT RIGHT!! Wish other companies would take notice!!

Original review: June 1, 2019

The service I received from Yasmin, customer service representative with Saatva Mattress was outstanding. She was patient, customer oriented, product knowledgeable, and did not try to hard sell the product to me. Rather, she listened to my needs and made suggestions based upon those needs. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to her and made my own choice, which was a huge error on my part. When I called Yasmin and apologized for not listening to her sound advice, she was gracious and told me not to worry about it and ordered the mattress that she had originally recommended for me and will be exchanging the mattress I had originally ordered with the new mattress, and only charging me for the cost of delivery and pickup. Thank you Yasmin for your wonderful time and care of me!

Original review: June 1, 2019

We ordered two XL Twin Mattresses for our King size bed. We couldn't believe how quiet and smooth the remotes run. It is so quiet that we know it is working when we see the bed moving. You can't hear anything. I recently had 3 back surgeries in two years. My back is pain free now. I had a great surgeon at Johns Hopkins, MD. Plus The support is just what I need. Then disaster struck. I lost my remote. I called Saatva on Memorial Day. And our favorite person Nick answered the phone. He was so reassuring. He said, "No Problem!" I hated to request overnight, BUT I DID. THEN when he told me that the remote and the shipping would both be free, well, when I got off the phone, I cried some Happy tears. He even sent the remote all programmed and a how to video by email so my husband could set it up. IN OUR OPINION SAATVA SHOULD BE THE MODEL FOR ALL AMERICAN COMPANIES.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We purchased 2 mattresses from Saatva and we were able to test them for 2 months, after which time we had to return them since we determined they did not suit our current needs. The representative understood our concerns and allowed a full refund to be initiated. Her handling of our situation was excellent and it actually made our day. She is to be complimented for her personal involvement and courteous and professional handling. Extremely customer service friendly, unheard of nowadays in many businesses.

Original review: May 29, 2019

This the the second mattress and foundation set I have purchased and like my first experience ordering, my second experience was just as rewarding. The salesman, Nick, was extremely knowledgeable, considerate and thorough throughout the order process. He was diligent in getting all my pertinent info accurate and worked with me to attain the delivery date I required. Overall, a great pleasure doing business with Saatva.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Compared the mattress reviews to other top names and decided on the Saatva. I followed the guides to get the proper height on the base and mattress. The white glove set up and removal of the old bed was enough to convince me.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Ordered my mattress by phone. Salesperson was very knowledgeable and accommodating. Looked at many mattresses and looked into many online sites before purchasing a mattress! Am awaiting anxiously the delivery of my new mattress! And they remove old foundation and frame no extra charge!

Original review: May 28, 2019

Called to upgrade my new Saatva mattress to another level. Ken, the customer service representative, took care of this easily within five minutes. He was extremely professional and helpful. This experience, along with the quality id the mattress, is why I’d recommend Saatva to others looking to purchase a new mattress.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Want to compliment Jack and Brenda for answering my questions almost immediately -- resulting in my "pulling the trigger" and ordering our 14.5" Luxury Firm Queen mattress. The information on the website is PRETTY complete, but the instant answers on "chat" are what set you above everyone else.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Saatva makes everything very easy to research online - from instructions and education, supporting articles and reviews, and even their industry sites providing excellent reviews, it was all very user friendly. Oh, did I mention they have 24/7/365 online shopping support? Not sure why I was awake at 4:30 AM in the morning but someone responded to my online questions within 15 seconds. The only unfortunate part is there is no showroom to try out the firmness of the mattress types but they do offer exchanges or refunds minus the $99 shipping fee.

Original review: May 27, 2019

The day our mattress was delivered, the delivery guys well one of them was absolutely rude and hateful! Did not set my mattress up but expected a tip! Rushed stating he had to leave and demanding I sign his phone for the delivery. I did not get to look at the mattress until my husband and I went to set it up ourselves and found it was duct taped all over! Of course I was worried something was wrong since it was presented that way. I checked it and took pictures of the condition it was left then called the customer service center as soon as I seen all the duct tape and disgust I felt with the delivery! Customer service was wonderful, understanding, very professional! Felt she took care of the issue immediately. Speaks volumes when you're upset and they take care of the issue immediately! Great Company!!

Original review: May 27, 2019

A Saatva Representative called to follow up on an email I sent Saatva regarding a sagging problem on the Luxury Firm mattress we purchased in June 2016. The representative who handled the transaction was very professional and friendly and assured me a new mattress would be shipped to us for a minimal charge of $269. Service and warranty is excellent.

Original review: May 26, 2019

Randomly found web site for Saatva late at night. Reviewed product information and liked what I read. Was in the market for a new mattress. The many reviews convinced me to make the purchase. Website was easy to use to make the purchase. However, the one event that cinched my decision that I had made the right one was a contact with Customer Service at 11:30 p.m.. I had made a mistake on my email address when ordering. Called Customer Service, they claim to be open 24 hours, and sure enough they were. The lady I spoke was very responsive to my request and took care of it promptly. I believe a company's integrity is best represented by its Customer Service and in my opinion Saatva is a very substantial company.

Original review: May 25, 2019

The Saatva website and more specifically the Zenhaven latex mattress department is very informative and the chat service adds to the information one will have if never before dealt with an online mattress manufacturer. The 24/7 phone access is great as well. The online reviews of many of the online mattress manufacturers are helpful as well. Any time I call the Saatva company I get more and more confident in dealing with this type of purchase online. Their customer service is second to none.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I called to say I was not comfortable with the mattress. So they sent me a mattress topper and extended the trial period. When I called again a few months later to say I had to return the mattress, they could not have been nicer.

Saatva Mattress Company Information