4.3/5 (215 ratings)

About Saatva Mattress

Saatva is a mattress company that offers eco-friendly mattresses designed for optimal back health. Its engineers compared top features from luxury retailers to combine them into a durable and comfortable mattress.

Pros

• 180-day trial
  • 15-year warranty
  • Eco-friendly materials

Cons

• Limited options
  • Can’t try in person

Bottom Line

With a long warranty and eco-friendly materials, Saatva is an affordable luxury mattress built to last. While Saatva mattresses can’t be tried out in person, the 180-day trial makes it easy to return if necessary.

Top Saatva Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Excellent company for a mattress purchase. I had purchase a mattress over 2 years ago and I recently had a problem with it. I had no problem reaching a knowledgeable and tentative...

Verified

The latex mattress is more comfortable than any I’ve slept on even in luxury hotels. It’s also healthier for you. Usually they start at 2 1/2 times the price of the Saatva brand. ...

What is Saatva?

Saatva offers three firmness options for its mattresses: plush soft (soft), luxury firm (medium) and firm, all at the same cost. While 80% of customers choose the luxury firm style, the flexibility lets customers of different sizes and with different preferences choose the right one for them.

All Saatva mattresses come with a 180-night sleep trial that offers a full refund, minus the $99 transportation cost. Saatva mattresses come with a 15-year, nonprorated warranty. During the first two years, Saatva promises to replace your mattress for free if deemed defective. In years three through 15, mattresses are repaired and re-covered for the cost of transportation ($99).

Saatva mattresses

Saatva mattress prices

Saatva classic mattress prices range from $935 for a twin mattress to $1,932 for a California King. Customers can add an adjustable base for an additional cost, between $1,249 and $2,598. The company also sells foundations and frames for $418 and $129, respectively.

Saatva offers 0% APR financing to help customers cover the cost of their new mattress. The company’s white-glove delivery includes free mattress removal, so customers don’t have to pay to get rid of their old mattress.

Saatva FAQ

Where can I buy a Saatva mattress?

Saatva mattresses can be purchased online through the company's website.

Where are Saatva mattresses made?

Saatva mattresses are made in the U.S. at one of its 19 independent manufacturing facilities.

Do Saatva mattresses need a box spring?

Not necessarily, although the company does recommend some sort of base for the mattress, such as a platform.

Where can I try a Saatva mattress?

Customers must order a Saatva mattress online to try it out, but the company has a 180-night return policy.

How long do Saatva mattresses last?

Saatva mattresses are built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage. They come with a 15-year warranty.

Is Saatva a good mattress?

Saatva is a good option for customers who want to invest in a luxury mattress without breaking the bank. With its 15-year warranty, Saatva mattresses have a fairly long lifespan compared to industry averages. And, with 0% APR financing, customers have the option to pay it off over time. Many innerspring mattress companies don’t offer firmness options, so Saatva’s three different levels sets it apart from the competition.

Saatva Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

We have been married 48 yrs and needed a new mattress for quite some time. I shopped the stores by foot and online, Saatva Mattress kept coming up as #1. I did the Saatva mattress test, it suggested the Luxury Firm. During conversation with a family member unknowing they had purchased the Saatva Luxury Firm 1 yr, prior so we went to see and test it. The mattress covering was gorgeous and well made. I called Saatva CRS to confirm all the wonderful info my sister-in-law relayed and read over the online reviews for the 2nd time. It seemed to be a "no brainer" with the 90 day return policy so, I ordered the low profile box spring and low profile mattress in the Firm not Luxury Firm.

Delivery day arrived, 2 great guys, spoke highly of Saatva and also as an employer. First week seemed firmer than expected, I called Saatva CRS, they sent a beautiful topper at no charge to help us ease in the mattress. 4 months have now passed, the memory foam topper has deep indents where our bodies lie and there are slight indents in the mattress with puffiness in the middle. We have been turning the mattress along with the topper from head to foot every month since our 1st night because we are weary. We are not large people, one weighing 150 and the other 145, we are comfortable sleeping on the mattress and hope that it continues to provide the support we need as we age. So far, so good, keeping our fingers crossed....

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I have needed a new mattress and box springs for some time, and I was hesitant to buy without seeing the product. But, I read the reviews and found that Saatva was highly rated and has a great return policy, There were a few negative reviews, but even those customers seemed able to return their mattress. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I loved the new mattress. It is very comfortable. I called the customer service number and after answering a few questions, and learning about their mattresses, I chose the Queen Luxury Firm mattress. I like a softer mattress and my husband likes a firmer one. He is also a very warm sleeper and this mattress is cooler than a foam or soft mattress. I also bought the waterproof mattress protector and the Talay mattress pad.

Due to an unexpected medical emergency, my daughter briefly was bedridden, and she used the mattress pad for a couple of months and we had to remove her box springs due to the bed height and she used the Talay mattress pad as it greatly increased her comfort. I loved the mattress without the mattress pad, and find that it is even better with it. It is the most comfortable mattress I have ever had, and I have always bought good mattresses. The entire experience was easy. Delivery and set up was easy. I didn't have to do anything. The mattress protector and mattress pad are of very high quality. Although I was prepared to pay for the items outright, they offered an easy, no interest repayment plan that took advantage of. I would highly recommend this product and this company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

We had the opportunity to stay in a number of 5 Star Resorts around the world. Several of these offered mattresses of extremely fine comfort. Looking at the various manufacturing labels, it surprised us to find Saatva. This is a company with which we were not familiar. Went on-line, checked out the website, read the reviews, contacted their customer service and ended up placing an order for their Classic King, Luxury Firm Mattress. Best sleep of our lives. That was 10 years ago. I am over 6 feet and 200 pounds. My Wife is 5'6" and 135 pounds. We do not disturb each other moving around the mattress.

Three years ago, we moved to our forever home in The Villages, FL. The moving company destroyed our Saatva by bending it in half. It recovered to a degree but was never the same. I called Saatva to order a new mattress as a replacement. They saw that we had a previous order and inquired if this was a new mattress order for another bed. I told them the story of the moving company. The Customer Service Representative said our 15-year warranty was still in force.

I explained the damage was not due to faulty construction but to an outside vendor. She said it did not matter, it was our warranty. They provided a new Classic King Luxury Firm Mattress at half price (remaining warranty), provided the same White Glove Service (in-home delivery, old mattress removal at no charge) and full new 15 - year warranty. For the best sleep of your life, high quality construction and materials as well as the best warranty in the business, you cannot go wrong with SAATVA. Made in the USA.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

This was the best decision I ever made. I expected a hassle with purchasing a mattress online but the hardest part turned out to be just making a final decision for which one. Ordered, confirmed, delivered very quickly. Set up in 10 minutes, old bed hauled off. Bing, bang, boom... It was that unbelievably easy; the easiest major purchase I've ever made. And then there's the icing on the cake. I LOVE MY NEW BED AND PILLOWS!!! And couldn't be happier with my decision.

I have a damaged lumbar disc and have had constant back pain for several years, even with ongoing chiropractics, so I recently decided to shop for a good 'Back' bed after having visited friends and slept on other beds noticing some difference. The Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm Mattress with the adjustable frame has made a HUGE difference and I no longer wake up with a backache. It has also significantly reduced the overall discomfort I typically experienced throughout the day before. I felt guilty and self-indulgent buying such a high-end bed, but it helped as much (after just the first night) as several years of chiropractics and continues to do so. If you are looking for a great bed for an achy back, these memory foam models with the adjustable frame are the very best investment.

I included the Saatva Pillow Set and have loved them as well. I've tried several pillows from other resources this past year and was still unsatisfied searching for the right support. The heavy, condensed loft on these offer excellent support and comfort. I've had my new set up for 5 mos now, and still haven't needed my heating pad since. I'm sleeping better, am more comfortable, and have much more agility throughout the day than before. So happy. Best thing I've ever done for myself. Truly a wonderful bed. Extra divine, I'm certain, even for someone without nagging back issues.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I originally ordered a luxury firm mattress for me and and my wife. We’d slept on a Sleep Number bed for many years, but despite buying a new pillow top cover, my wife was not able to get comfortable. The Sleep Number bed was 20 years old, so we’d got our money’s worth. I did a lot of online research and went for the Puffy Mattress. This was a huge mistake right from the start as I could never get comfortable and suffered with aching back and hips. I should add all mattresses detailed in this write up are King size. Also, I am 6 feet tall, 315 lbs and my wife is 5 feet tall and 108 lbs.

After suffering for nine months, I did more online research and found Saatva. My wife and I decided that we had no interest in a memory foam mattress and would look for a traditional coil spring with a foam top. I called Saatva and detailed to the Sales person about our sizes/weights, sleeping habits, etc, and asked which mattress would be recommended. I was told approximately 80% of Saatva customers chose the Luxury Firm mattress, but if we went with the Luxury Firm and were not happy, we could exchange it for another model mattress.

We ordered the Luxury Firm mattress and several weeks later it was delivered. The first night was horrific and I can honestly say I had never been so uncomfortable and ended up getting up at 3:00am, went to my computer and wrote a letter to Saatva Customer Support. I then went to my recliner and slept until my wife got up. My wife too had a miserable night, but did not get up.

Customer Support contacted me very quickly and advised it could take several weeks to get acclimated to a new mattress and suggested I review Customer feedback. I followed this suggestion and several customers also stated their early experience was less than positive, but after several weeks the mattress was a winner and were glad they had been patient as they were now getting some great night’s rest. We decided to give it a try and I will admit the nights did improve, but both of us experienced hip and leg pains, so I contacted Customer Support. They were incredibly empathetic and offered to send me a mattress topper to see if this would help. We received this a few days later, but long story short, the topper did not help the cause.

I contacted Customer Support again and told them, I wanted to switch to the Plush Soft mattress. Again, Customer Support Rep (Ina) was very respectful, courteous and patient. I was required to pay a small fee to make the change and a couple of weeks later the Plush Soft Mattress was delivered and Luxury Firm mattress taken away.

We’ve had the Plush Soft mattress for several weeks now and I can’t say enough good things. Both myself and my wife are very happy with the mattress comfort and the great nights sleep we are now experiencing. I find it amazing that more customers buy the Luxury Firm mattress!!! Being honest, I really thought the Plush Soft would not work for both of us and we would end up purchasing the Solaire Customizable Comfort Split Mattress, but at this time we could not be happier with the Plush Soft mattress. I want to thank Saatva and Customer Support (Ina) for her patience and great customer service throughout this entire time and I will strongly recommend Saatva whenever I can.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I did a lot of research and came up with Saatva as the best option for me. The purchasing experience was fine, although my wife was sketched out by the people who delivered the mattress. We tried to make the mattress work out for almost a year, but couldn't do it. The mattress is extremely hot. I like a cool sleeping environment, and that was impossible with this mattress. Also, the bounce is significant. You can practically feel your partner breathing. Any movement is magnified and will wake you up if you are a light sleeper. Finally, I tried to return it, but since I purchased prior to their 365 day guarantee (180 when I bought it) they would not honor that trial period and I'm stuck with a hot, uncomfortable, bouncy bed.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I bought a Saatva mattress topper because I needed something that didn't retain heat like my mattress, but didn't have a lot to spend on a new mattress. So I gambled and got their mattress topper because they said it was cooling. It is not cooling. It retains heat so much that I can get out of bed to use the bathroom at night, take about 5 minutes, and come back to the bed retaining the same amount of heat as when I left. Plus it started to dip where I sleep within a few months. I thought it would be sturdier. Really unhappy with my gamble!

Original review: July 10, 2022

The delivery was completed on time, however, the two men delivering the mattress were clearly under the influence of, and smelled strongly of, a substance they had been recently using. They brought it upstairs and their strong smell lingered in my home for what felt like hours. I have now had this mattress a year and a half. It DOES already sag where people sleep, despite rotating it every month and keeping it protected like it says to. The sag is not obvious when you first look at it, but you can definitely feel it when you push on the coils with your hands and when you lay on the mattress. For the insane price, I really thought it would hold up so much better than a mattress from our last one from Walmart, but that is not the case. Save your money and get your new mattress from somewhere else. This one is not worth your hard earned money after 4-5 months of use.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I placed an order for a Saatva Classic Mattress Queen. After a month later, they kept telling me the mattress is already at the delivery company, but they are waiting for other products to be delivered around my area so they can deliver my mattress. That's not going to fly with me. I paid almost $1600 for a mattress and you're going to deliver it when it's convenient for you? Also, every time I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told they were not available...every time. I had a very bad feeling about this company, so I immediately cancelled the order and will look elsewhere. If you want to wait months to get your mattress, this is the company for you.

Resolution response: June 27, 2022

I published a one star review for Saatva because 1) the beds kept failing and 2) we were charged $99 to have the mattress, foundation and frame picked up after the third bed failed. I spoke to Rodger from Saatva on the phone and he was very nice and refunded the $99 and made it so we get the refund faster. He apologized for any problems I had and was just very helpful. I feel better about them now but have bought a different brand mattress.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I bought a HD mattress because it is supposed to support 500lbs. I weigh 200lbs less than that so I thought this bed would hold up - wrong. I had to have it replaced because of an indentation and at this point Saatva CS was wonderful, no problems at all getting it replaced. BUT 3 months later I had the same problem where my hips cause an indentation in the bed (side sleeper). This time the CS agent, who was again VERY helpful, replaced everything - mattress, foundation and frame. OK.

Fast forward 3 months and I have the same problem again, an indentation that is hurting my back. So now we call again and the agent had a very different attitude as soon as we told her we wanted our money back. It was like pulling teeth but finally she agreed to refund my money minus the mattress pad I bought and she said I had to pay $99 to have the bed picked up before they'd issue a refund. So I will have no bed for a while until I get the refund and order from somewhere else. I am completely dissatisfied with Saatva.

Saatva Mattress Company Information