2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.39/5

Saatva is a mattress company that offers eco-friendly mattresses designed for optimal back health. Its engineers compared top features from luxury retailers to combine them into a durable and comfortable mattress.

BOTTOM LINE

With a long warranty and eco-friendly materials, Saatva is an affordable luxury mattress built to last. While Saatva mattresses can’t be tried out in person, the 180-day trial makes it easy to return if necessary.

PROS

• 180-day trial
  • 15-year warranty
  • Eco-friendly materials

CONS

• Limited options
  • Can’t try in person

Top Saatva Mattress Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Excellent company for a mattress purchase. I had purchase a mattress over 2 years ago and I recently had a problem with it. I had no problem reaching a knowledgeable and tentative representative that was able to resolve my problem by offering a brand new mattress replacement.

The latex mattress is more comfortable than any I’ve slept on even in luxury hotels. It’s also healthier for you. Usually they start at 2 1/2 times the price of the Saatva brand. Delivery was fantastic and they took my old mattress. Love this mattress.

Saatva Mattress Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

What is Saatva?

Saatva offers three firmness options for its mattresses: plush soft (soft), luxury firm (medium) and firm, all at the same cost. While 80% of customers choose the luxury firm style, the flexibility lets customers of different sizes and with different preferences choose the right one for them.

All Saatva mattresses come with a 180-night sleep trial that offers a full refund, minus the $99 transportation cost. Saatva mattresses come with a 15-year, nonprorated warranty. During the first two years, Saatva promises to replace your mattress for free if deemed defective. In years three through 15, mattresses are repaired and re-covered for the cost of transportation ($99).

Saatva mattresses

Saatva mattress prices

Saatva mattress prices range from $799 for a twin mattress to $1,799 for a California king. Customers can add an adjustable base for an additional cost between $1,199 to $2,498. The company also sells foundations and frames for $380 and $119, respectively.

Saatva offers 0% APR financing to help customers cover the cost of their new mattress. The company’s white-glove delivery includes free mattress removal, so customers don’t have to pay to get rid of their old mattress.

Saatva FAQ

Where can I buy a Saatva mattress?
Saatva mattresses can be purchased online through the company's website.
Where are Saatva mattresses made?
Saatva mattresses are made in the U.S. at one of its 19 independent manufacturing facilities.
Do Saatva mattresses need a box spring?
Not necessarily, although the company does recommend some sort of base for the mattress, such as a platform.
Where can I try a Saatva mattress?
Customers must order a Saatva mattress online to try it out, but the company has a 180-night return policy.
How long do Saatva mattresses last?
Saatva mattresses are built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage. They come with a 15-year warranty.

Is Saatva a good mattress?

Saatva is a good option for customers who want to invest in a luxury mattress without breaking the bank. With its 15-year warranty, Saatva mattresses have a fairly long lifespan compared to industry averages. And, with 0% APR financing, customers have the option to pay it off over time. Many innerspring mattress companies don’t offer firmness options, so Saatva’s three different levels sets it apart from the competition.

Saatva Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I am on my feet as a healthcare worker approximately 10 hours a day and come home to spend even more time on my feet as "Mom". My back and hips were hurting all the time the past few years! While sleeping, each time I'd roll over I would have to use the backboard for support to move my painful hips and back. I would wake up exhausted from having to roll over into different positions trying to relieve the pain! I have been a Saatva owner for less than a month and already feel an incredible difference in my lower back pain and hip pain. I am so relieved!! I sleep so much better, wake up less and can move more freely. I can't believe a mattress can make such a difference in my well-being! I have so much more energy now and can move so much better on the job! The mattress arrived with white glove delivery. I was well informed of the scheduling time. I didn't have to lift a finger...just got to enjoy my new mattress! GREAT purchase!

Original review: July 10, 2020

"We purchased another brand mattress in June 2018 for over $1500 and after 1 year we could hardly stand it as we were both waking up with backaches. My mom had a Saatva mattress and before I purchased one myself I read every review online. I was determined to not make the same mistake twice. My spouse (185 pounds) likes a softer mattress and I (120 pounds) like it more firm so we settled on the split king with plush soft and luxury firm as our choices. It's been 4 months and honestly we are both thrilled with the purchase. No more backaches. It was the best money I have spent and the customer service is superior."

Hello Tracy,

Reading the thoughts you have shared regarding our mattress, makes us so happy.

We are grateful for your business, and continue to wish you many nights of restful sleep on your Saatva mattress.

Have a beautiful day.

The Saatva Company

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2020

We purchased this mattress in 2020 to replace an old Serta. I was having stiffness in my lower back and very concerned about arthritis. I decided just to take a chance on the Saatva mattress because I read it was made in America and the Classic Luxury Firm is good for back pain I felt I had nothing to loose. I realized you can't tell by laying on a mattress for a few minutes if it was going to be satisfactory and the website looked compelling

I can honestly say the first night I was blown away by the fact that the pain in my body was gone when I laid on the mattress. I could breathe easier and could feel the support. It honestly is like laying on a cloud but being supported. It seemed to even make breathing easier with the torso support. Weeks later I can honestly say I don't lay awake in bed at all and I can jump up in the morning completely rested and without stiffness anywhere.

It seems too good to be true even to me. I am not exaggerating when I say buying the Saatva Luxury Firm Full Mattress was the best purchase I have ever made. I would never have thought that buying this mattress could do so much for me. You wake refreshed and alert and ready to be active. Not sluggish ready to rest again. Don't hesitate. We are buying a 2nd now for another room in the house and will be recommending this mattress. Thank you Saatva. The customer service and quality of the merchandise make this a truly remarkable and unbelievably wonderful experience. Thank you so much for the Luxury Firm. Not hard or soft but just right.

Original review: June 11, 2020

We purchased a Saatva mattress and base in February of 2018. We loved our purchase and cherished a good night's sleep until a few months ago when my husband's side of the bed started sagging in and he complained of severe back ache. I turned the mattress only to find that my back started bothering me also. Long story short - I picked up the phone to Saatva as I was busy online trying to buy another Saatva mattress to replace the one we had. Joseph answered, and as I was about to inquire about the worry that I had, that the same will happen to a new purchase, he told me that Saatva wants its customers to have a good night's rest and that Saatva will replace our mattress at NO COST! I learned that our guarantee expired a few months ago, but Joseph insisted that Saatva will honor their promise. We are beyond grateful for Joseph and Saatva!

Original review: March 17, 2020

I had an issue with the products I had purchased, not a quality issue, just a snafu as to a couple of missing items beyond the items ordered. I dragged my feet about calling, but when someone inadvertently hit a button on the adjustable base remote I emailed to ask about the other items and mentioned that we had somehow messed up our remote. I received a call, a CALL, not 3 to 5 minutes after from Saatva customer service. On a Saturday night. From the NICEST man on the planet. Not only did he apologize for the snafu from over 3 months ago that I was too busy to email about and assured me he would send it right out AND someone to install the correct legs of the base. He fixed my remote. He fixed it. Over the phone. Not his job, not the company's job, but he did in 2 minutes tops. I asked what the heck he was doing still working on a Saturday night. He said they were there 24 hours to help. Yes, 24 hours.

I simply cannot say enough about this company. We purchased this bed for my 98 year old mother. She is a tiny thing and like the Princess and The Pea, she feels everything, so the topper we are getting will make what is already a marvelous mattress a divine one and her teeny, barely 5 foot frame will feel more secure with the shorter frame legs.

I do my research and this company had the most stellar reviews of all, particularly for our needs. If I ever, ever need another mattress or bed base, this company is who I am buying it from. Not only due to the great product but also the remarkably fabulous customer service. The lovely Barry, who I purchased from, was also a delight. But the man of the hour is the gent who saved us on Saturday night and swiftly made a 98 year old very happy and very comfy. Thank you, Frank and Saatva.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

We got the medium firm at first and it was fine for a couple years although my husband started having aches and pains. We got the firm for 200 and it was ok for about 6 months then we both started having pain. We are young and in shape. The bed caves in on the sides. I wake every morning with my lower back feeling locked and in pain. We will not purchase one again.

Hello Elisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued thoughts with our team.

I am sorry to read about the rare and unusual concerns you have shared. Please know I have attempted to locate your order, but was unable to do so using the information you provided. We would be happy to reach out to you to go over your warranty options at your stage of ownership.

Please feel free to reach out to us with your contact information, as we are eager to further assist you.

Have a great day.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The mattress is extremely soft in spite that Saatva advertises that it is firm. After 4 months, the springs in the mattress started making sounds every time we move at night and more specifically if you sit in the edge or corner. We are waking up every day with back pain because the mattress concave down. For $1000.00, we expected a great deal more than just an ordinary 2 start hotel mattress! We are exploring in trashing the mattress that is brand new to say the least.

Julio

Saatva Mattress response

We are happy to report our Director of Customer Satisfaction, was able to get in touch with this consumer.

The consumers concerns were addressed to their full satisfaction. We are grateful to the consumer for allowing us an opportunity to assist with the concerns he shared.

We continue to wish him many nights of restful sleep on his Saatva mattress.

The Saatva Company

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

NEVER AGAIN. I bought a king size bed, adjustable base and a headboard from Saatva in August. In September, they delivered it, but could not attach the headboard because parts were missing. After several attempts at emailing, texting and calling them, I finally was contacted back to get the problem resolved. The installers came out once again, but the bed was still missing the parts to install the headboard properly. Again, I made several attempts to get anyone to call back to me about the problem.

Finally, I spoke to the manager about getting the parts (sideboards and footboard) delivered and installed, she said that they would take care of everything and ensure that the installers would have the expertise and the parts. When the installers called me to come out to fix it, they explained that no one from Saatva had contacted them to advise them on what to do. Again, I repeatedly called and texted Saatva to ensure the installers received the correct information. Finally, after I wrote a complaint email detailing my repeated attempts to contact the company and stating that I was going to contact American Express to ask for a refund, my headboard was properly installed in mid-December. Seriously, one of the worst experiences I have had on a purchase.

Saatva Mattress response

We are so sorry to read about this consumers rare experience.

Our goal with every order is to thrill our consumers; Part of this requires looking into any inconvenience that a consumer may experience, in order to address accordingly.

We are grateful this consumer took the time to speak with one of our companies Directors, after this review was posted.

We continue to wish this consumer many nights of restful sleep on her Luxury Saatva set.

The Saatva Company

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I ordered 2 mattresses from them, 2 weeks apart. I did this intentionally: I wanted the first one to arrive ASAP, but the second one was far less urgent. I told Saatva this. Instead, they delayed my first order until my second order was ready, so they could save on shipping and send them both at the same time. Shame on them. No true luxury company would try to save a few bucks on delivery fees, at the expense of customer satisfaction.

Saatva Mattress response

We apologize to the consumer for the delay caused due to the unprecedented  disruptions Covid-19 has caused to the supply chain. We truly appreciate that he decided to wait for our premium mattresses, as opposed to canceling for a prompt refund, which was an option. Regarding his claim that his mattresses were delivered together in order to save on delivery, that is simply just not the case. The cost we incur is the same whether two mattresses are delivered at once or separately. We are billed for each order number in place, this consumer had two separate orders. We wish the consumer many years of great sleep on his luxury, all natural Talalay latex, Zenhaven mattresses.

The Saatva Company

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

We ordered a Saatva Luxury Firm in April of 2019. By July of 2020, I called to report that it was sagging well over 2". The customer service agent informed me that rotating it would fix that....Huh? Now I'm sleeping in my husband's sag spot and he's sleeping in mine - Not helping. However, we were given a replacement and I was lectured on the number of mattresses they've sold with no issues. Our replacement came the 3rd week of August 2020. It began sagging in October. My husband's shoulders hurt and we are now mattress shopping. A refund would be nice since the mattress is defective. I definitely don't want another one. Also be warned, the mattresses are warm.

Saatva Mattress Company Information