4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Saatva mattress is an ultra-premium, eco-friendly Saatva, sold exclusively online for under $1,000. Saatva mattresses are built with a distinctive high quality feature known as 'coil on coil' construction. Our lower coil unit offers a connected hourglass shaped steel support base. Our top coil unit features a luxurious individually wrapped coil system that contours and responds perfectly to your body, eliminating most motion transfer. This construction coupled with our advanced euro pillow top, can only be found in ultra premium mattresses .

Our 11.5 inch Saatva mattress is also compatible with adjustable bases, including the Lineal adjustable base. Lineal provides weightless zero-g support with a whisper-soft motor and wall-hugging design.

Saatva offers exceptional customer service. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone or live chat at saatvamattress.com with any questions about our products or your order. We also provide in-home set up and old mattress take-away service if you need it.

Saatva is truly mattress buying made easy.

View More View More

Saatva Mattress Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 8, 2019

My experience started with the moving company assigned to my order. The moving company TCMS was originally contracted and contacted me via automated text to set up a delivery day. I went thru the prompts and the closest delivery day was 3 weeks out, and I’m 15 minutes from their warehouse. So I contacted CS for a possible switch in delivery day and got no answer over the phone so I sent an email and receive one back promptly stating that the only available days were the ones through the automated machine. So I bit the bullet and went thru with set up a say 3 weeks out expecting a 3-4 hour window for delivery which is the usual, "I’m a dispatcher and CSR and we don’t do any windows greater or lesser unless it’s special circumstances."

So when I got the automated email back stating the window would be from 8AM to 8PM I was ticked and looked into the company only to find atrocious reviews from almost every customer that had dealt with them. So I reached out to Saatva just to give them a heads up about this company and the poor reviews and professional of the company. Johnathan emailed me back before I even checked my email for the night so I woke up and saw it. He had given me his direct line and his main office line to get ahold of him and chat about the issue. So I called and left a message first thing when I woke up.

Johnathan called me back within minutes and was very apologetic about the mix up with the moving company provided. He said my zip code was off in the database and that’s why the company with poor reviews was given the contract. He went ahead and forwarded the order to the primary contractor they use in my area and set in motion a delivery day within the coming week.

All in all the headache caused by the window of delivery and expected date after being quoted from Saatva personally was swiftly and correctly taken care of by Johnathan the CSR and he bent over backwards to make sure the quoted date would be as close to or even before potentially depending on when I receive confirmation from that Contractor on Monday. I’ll send another review after my bed arrives and I sleep a couple nights in it, but for now I’d give Saatva a 5 star review for the handling of this situation and the gracious hospitality from the CSR Johnathan.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was skeptical about ordering a mattress over the internet due to past experiences with foam mattresses that came in boxes or were rolled up and either didn't expand, didn't last, or the company went out of business within a couple years of our purchase. I had also had poor experiences over the years with coil mattresses that were either too firm or too soft. We even slept on futons. We kept the last foam mattress and placed a topper on it to avoid having to spend a lot of money to be disappointed again.

The problem was that I have arthritis and was waking up in the night and morning with hip, knee and back pain that was getting intolerable. I have arthritis in my shoulders as well and have had neck surgery. It seemed that I was always rolling into a crevasse and if my husband rolled towards me, we sank to the middle of the mattress. I literally had to climb out of the bed. I was taking anti inflammatory medications more than I wanted to and feared going to bed because of the way I'd feel when I woke up.

I did a lot of research on various beds. I visited the bed stores. I looked at warranties. I tried a bed at a local bed store that was a "hybrid" coil and foam mattress. I liked it, but there was a poor warranty on it and if it was not to my liking a month down the road, the store would not have given me my money back, just store credit for expensive beds I didn't like. I chose Saatva at that point. I read a lot of reviews and was hearing experiences from people who had similar physical issues to mine and how pleased they were with their mattress. I decided to take the plunge.

I bought the 14 1/2" Luxury Firm mattress. I cannot tell anyone enough, I am completely, I mean 100% satisfied with the fit for us. After only about 3 nights on this bed, my knee, hip and back pain were gone. I have cut back on the anti inflammatory medication and I wake up feeling refreshed and smiling. It's like a miracle for me. I have to be on my feet all day long and I'm not limping around any more. Even my husband who wasn't quite sure we needed a new bed because he doesn't tend to have the arthritic problems that I do is very happy with it. The delivery was great, the crew was in and out in about 10 minutes. They took our old mattress, which in itself is fabulous because they are a real problem to get rid of otherwise. If you are on the fence, just go for it. You can always exchange for another type if it doesn't fit your needs or get your money back. I hope everyone who buys a Saatva has as great of an experience as we have.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I discovered the Saatva brand while researching our next mattress purchase. The website is well laid out and provides the kind of information I was seeking. After deciding what I wanted, there was one little snag. It appears to be in the steps involved in making selections for a purchase. We decided to get the Lineal Adjustable Bed in a split king. The website first asks you to select your mattress type and size. This is where things got very confusing. Were we to order the king mattress or 2 twin XLs? I was pretty sure the 2 twins...so I selected the twin XL size.

Next I was asked if I wanted the Lineal Adjustable base, which I selected in King. The order summary showed 1 Twin XL mattress and 1 King Adjustable base... There was nowhere to select the quantity of the mattress! After calling the customer service number, a very polite representative could not help me order online, but was happy to take my order over the phone. I wasn’t quite ready to commit until I researched one other mattress company, so I declined the phone order.

After researching the other company, I decided on Saatva and went back to the website to figure out how to place my order. After trying a few things, I discovered that I needed to skip the mattress size selection, and move to the Lineal Adjustable base option first. Once I did that, a new box displayed asking if I wanted the mattress synced or split. Upon selecting split, it automatically ordered 2 twin XLs. Perhaps if the steps were: mattress type, then base/foundation, frame, and lastly size...it would have been a smooth experience. Seems like a simple issue, but wasted about 30 minutes of my time and created a little confusion and frustration in the buying experience. I’m looking forward to receiving my new bed!

Saatva Mattress response

Hi Pamela,

We are so happy you chose our company to purchase your beautiful mattress & adjustable base.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, we are always looking for ways to improve as we grow. I will be sure to share this feedback with our team, to ensure we kick these ideas around.

We look forward to making you another satisfied Saatva customer.

All The Best,

Kristel E.

Director of National Reviews

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We first heard of Saatva from a friend. My wife asked her friends for suggestions for a new bed and we got several suggestions including Saatva. My nephew has a bad back and he loves his Sleep Number bed, so I was leaning in that direction already, but in deference to my wife, I started looking online at the mattresses her friends suggested. Although I had never heard of Saatva before, I was surprised when it kept appearing on sites dedicated to mattress comparisons.

In particular, I filled out a rather lengthy survey on sleeplikethedead.com and was shocked when Saatva was the number one recommendation based on my questionnaire responses. It was at that point that I first visited the Saatva site, and I was impressed right away. The emphasis on quality products and the marketing approach that keeps costs to a minimum seemed to make sense. It was also here that I first found the lineal adjustable bed. It looked amazing. I searched for reviews on YouTube and was impressed that they were virtually all very positive. Still, I had Sleep Number in the back of my mind.

Finally, we made the trek to the local Sleep Number store. I knew they were expensive, but we are both experiencing back, hip and shoulder pain, so it seemed like an investment might be in order. Once we got there, I have to say I was disappointed. The adjustable nature of the beds is definitely cool, but the memory foam toppers (the sales associate slipped once and called them that, then quickly corrected himself to say 'comfort layer') just wasn't comfortable to me. I've had memory foam toppers before and I don't like how they suck you into them so you have to struggle to roll over.

We tried a couple of the beds and then my wife asked about prices. Never one to pull punches, she asked the sales associate why their beds were so much more than the Saatva beds. Being non-confrontational by nature, I was a little embarrassed, but the response was telling. First, he said he had never heard of them. So when she rephrased asking why Sleep Number beds are so expensive, he said, "Well, they are high-quality beds. And you are paying for the name." I added, "They have to pay for this store, too."

We then went back to the Saatva website. The site is clear and easy to maneuver. Every question I had, I found an answer to. Yes, it would be nice to actually lie on the bed before ordering it, but at the same time, I honestly don't know that lying on a bed for five minutes is a real good indication of how it will work over a whole night, or a month of nights. The 120-night trial will tell. If it isn't right, the $99 it will cost to send it back will be worth it.

I have to say, that the lineal adjustable frame has be really excited. I watched tons of reviews of many different adjustable beds, and in most everyone I watched of another frame, the reviewers mentioned something that they wished it had, and in almost every case, the lineal had it. I can't wait to get the actual bed in place.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Our first time experience of purchasing a mattress set online w/o trying it out beforehand and including a 90 day trial period, I had little to lose and decided to order the highest depth of both mattress and box springs hoping it would meet our needs. I would never buy a car w/o trying it out first, so I had this mindset going in; it was a big change for me to handle buying in this manner and am glad that did not deter my decision to buy a Saatva Mattress.

I cannot say enough good about this mattress set or the Saatva people. A guarantee if you don't like the set is a full return of product minus a delivery charge, so I wouldn't be taking a great loss and yet would have a 90 day trial period to confirm how the mattress was holding up and providing us with everything it stated online. Stores don't offer that much time to decide; it's an instore buy, plus charges for delivery are additional.

Our first night's sleep was so comfortable and relaxing immediately conforming to our body that guaranteed a sleep without pain or discomfort and awaking in the morning, we felt refreshed and ready to meet the day although I really didn't want to leave the bed and desired to stay in longer; it was so comfortable. With bad backs, we needed relief and this Saatva Mattess provided that and more.

The Saatva people were very easy to contact; never a problem that couldn't be solved asap and made good on their word. They honestly aim to please each and every customer without hesitation and make certain you're fully satisfied with a Saatva purchase. I learned some mattresses with quality have fewer springs used than the Saatva. That's a quantity factor besides quality, pricing and guarantee that led me to purchase a Saatva mattress set. I also was able to have the box springs returned for the lesser inch height due to my difficulty in getting into bed easily as it was too high (30") from floor for me. So, exchanges are in progress and Saatva is maintaining the same professional manner at keeping their word.

We will not lose quality and comfort already experiencing by making this slight exchange and it will still have the same 15 year guarantee of wear. Pleasing their customers with satisfaction guarantee and quality is "the name of their game" and I'm happy to be the recipient of such wonderful Saatva service from purchase, to exchange and delivery. I'd not hesitate to buy from again and will definitely recommend Saatva to others. Also, if there's ever a problem with the delivery service etc., you can contact Saatva via online chat, phone or email and they will make things right and improve upon their care even more; that spells professional perfection.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My experience with Saatva online shopping has been great so far... Their website was easy to navigate and make my purchase. Have been wanting a new bed and I am looking forward to delivery and a new firm mattress.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I purchased the 14.5" Luxury Firm Cal King a few months ago. It already has some indentations where we sleep and sit up in bed. It feels softer in those areas. Lying near the side of the mattress gives me the feeling I'm rolling or falling out of the bed. It's also too high. I laid on the bed of a friend who ordered the Luxury Firm, I thought we would be OK. But both my husband and I think the bed is too high and we can feel the indentations already.

Since we are in our 80s it's probably not a good idea to jump up on the bed. So I called Saatva yesterday and changed to the Firm mattress in 11.5" with the Saatva foundation thinking that might make a difference in protecting the integrity of the mattress. So now I'm waiting for a new mattress and foundation. Brian at Saatva was very nice about exchanging the mattress but they do charge $99 plus tax for the exchange. Part of the reason I'm exchanging is the indentations. But I guess that doesn't matter. Anyway, let's see what happens.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Enjoyed the experience. They are very helpful, explained the process, sends email about your order and explains the process step by step. I'm looking forward to receiving my bed. They also offer free pickup and disposal of your old mattress and her frame. It is also reasonable price. Everything was done quick and easy.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Selection online was easy to understand and evaluate, was well organized and easy to understand. Buying decision with Lavie on fon was excellent. Credit experience was not. Got a instant denial, called, rep could not provide any info or solution. Was not unpleasant but of no help. Solved problem myself and received approval (was a computer glitch!).

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Just ordered yesterday but have already been contacted to let me know they are here to assist with any issues. Saatva seems determined to be ahead of the game on making sure I am happy with my purchase. I am expecting my wife’s new mattress in 9 to 18 days. It is a Christmas surprise and she has been complaining about her expensive mattress for quite some time. If it is anywhere close to as good as others claim she is going to be happy.

Saatva Mattress Company Information