4.06/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Saatva Mattress

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Saatva mattress is an ultra-premium, eco-friendly Saatva, sold exclusively online for under $1,000. Saatva mattresses are built with a distinctive high quality feature known as 'coil on coil' construction. Our lower coil unit offers a connected hourglass shaped steel support base. Our top coil unit features a luxurious individually wrapped coil system that contours and responds perfectly to your body, eliminating most motion transfer. This construction coupled with our advanced euro pillow top, can only be found in ultra premium mattresses .

Our 11.5 inch Saatva mattress is also compatible with adjustable bases, including the Lineal adjustable base. Lineal provides weightless zero-g support with a whisper-soft motor and wall-hugging design.

Saatva offers exceptional customer service. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone or live chat at saatvamattress.com with any questions about our products or your order. We also provide in-home set up and old mattress take-away service if you need it.

Saatva is truly mattress buying made easy.

Saatva Mattress Gallery (2)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

2818 Saatva Mattress Consumer Reviews

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Customer service is good and ease of ordering makes it nice but when it came to arranging delivery they were inflexible in meeting my needs. The mattress was extremely comfortable at first but within about 6 months, it was horrible! Soft became WAY soft - the center HUMP makes it uncomfortable and makes you feel like you are sleeping in a hole. I sleep alone and switched sides after 6 months. Now the other side is way too soft and I have to say that I only weigh about 98 lbs. Right now I sleep in the center but feel like I'm on top of a mountain. Hate it. Would not recommend this mattress at all.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I like to leave thoughtful honest reviews. We bought our Saatva Mattress over 2 years ago. Since I am 25 lbs overweight I bought the firm. Until recently I was very satisfied. However as of late I am waking up with a hurting back every day.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

In late August 2017 I attempted to purchase a new mattress from Saatva. I paid over $1,000 for the mattress, an amount that was immediately charged to my visa. There were multiple problems trying to arrange delivery. Mainly, the delivery company (not Saatva themselves) would not provide more than a 24 hour notice for when they would appear at the house. Moreover, they required a 1/2 day delivery window. It wasn't easy to arrange a 1/2 day off work with such little notice. However, we finally ironed out a mutually satisfactory solution and I had a Saturday delivery date.

Suddenly (and I do mean suddenly) without notice, my wife got a telephone call from Saatva and was told that Saatva had unilaterally cancelled our order! Much confused, I telephoned and spoke with the Saatva General Manager, "Corey". His only statement was that "because of mutual frustration" (his words) they had decided to cancel our order! Unconditionally. No amount of explanation changed their stand.

I was dumbfounded. I had never had such an unprofessional encounter with a USA company before. I was so stunned with Saatva’s response, I filed complaint with the Better Business Bureau, to which Mr. M. Ehrlich, Vice President at Saatva, replied with a very negative ad hominem attack! I was told I was "aggressive" and "not fit for (their) business". Completely unheard of! [A review of my recorded telephone conversations with Saatva could quickly disprove Mr. Ehrlich's allegations]. I would encourage any potential buyer to be VERY wary of dealing with Saatva. Given my experience, I'm not sure I would trust their service agreements, warranties, or any other business interactions.

Saatva Mattress response

We appreciate the consistently positive feedback from hundreds of thousands of customers. In Mr. Roper's case, because to quote him as "being dumbfounded," "so stunned," and advising others to be "very wary of dealing with Saatva," he continues to write. The continued writings of such from a consumer are a "first" for us. He is absolutely correct that we took an extremely unusual step in canceling his sale as we did not deserve his business. Google has us rated for 7 years running as the best-reviewed mattress company in America. We have a string of accolades from reliable sources such as Forbes, Fortune, Inc Magazines, the Better Business Bureau with unprecedented pristine ratings, the Department of Consumer Affairs and most importantly our valued customers. We appreciate ConsumerAffairs.com labeling Mr. Roper's input as "Factual Basis Uncertain." As we have hoped before, perhaps Mr. Roper will now move on as once again we wish him only good health as he buys his mattress from another great source.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My husband and I purchased the Saatva Luxury Firm Mattress after several days of reading reviews and watching videos. We were hesitant about buying a mattress online, but decided to go for it. The customer service was pretty good, they sent me an email and text right away to confirm my details. The mattress took about 2 weeks to arrive. It seemed well made. The delivery guys had to wrestle it up the stairs, it was extremely heavy.

We had high hopes, but unfortunately it was hard as a rock. For context, my husband weighs about 250 pounds and I weigh about 135. We both found it unbearably hard. It had no give for either of us. I can't even imagine what the firm is like. The plush may have been better, but I wasn't risking losing another $99 to test it out. I can't imagine it would be soft enough based on how hard the "middle of the road" model was. We called to have it picked up after sleeping on it for 2 weeks. They tried to send us a memory foam topper to get us to keep it. I didn't spend $1000 on a mattress to have to use a topper. It took over a week for them to come pick up the darn thing, but they refunded our money right away. Long story short, I don't understand all the glowing reviews and I would not recommend this product!

Saatva Mattress response

Good Afternoon Turina,

We are sorry to read our mattress was not to your liking. At Saatva we do not deal with comfort levels that are either ultra plush or ultra firm. Ultimately we really thank you for giving our mattress an opportunity and wish you the very best on your continued mattress search. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

My husband has not been happy with our mattress since we received it. He sent it back for another but continues to complain almost every day. His complaint is that it caves in and he feels he sleeps in a gully. He is 6' 3" and 228 lbs. You can see the large indentation. It looks like an old worn out mattress. We are constantly turning the mattress... to no avail. Please help! I feel fine but he is so unhappy and sleeps restlessly most nights since we purchased it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Due to cervical neck issues, I purchased a Saatva Firm Mattress in November 2016. The firm support was perfect for me but not so great for my spouse. I contacted Saatva and they immediately sent out a Luxury foam topper which was a good solution. We are satisfied with this mattress. We were very happy with delivery and set-up.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: July 20, 2017

A Saatva mattress is quite possibly the WORSE excuse for something to sleep on ever made. Sure their photos are comforting, and they offer you the return, but the reason you bought a new mattress is to get a good night's sleep and not have pain in your body from the bedding and you will get neither from Saatva. All mattress reviews, like this one, should concern the product itself, not the happy folks who placed your order. In Saatva's case, the product itself is a piece of excrement and should be used only for allowing kids to jump on. Never, never depend on this company to provide you with the product they are pushing... falsely pushing. The Saatva company should be reported to the Attorney General of Connecticut.

UPDATED ON 08/27/2017: On July 4, 2017, I ordered a mattress and foundation online from SAATVA. The price was $1088, that was deducted immediately from my PNC bank account. On July 7, 2017, I called SAATVA requesting the order be cancelled. SAATVA cancelled it, and my payment was refunded within 24 hours. Two weeks later, I receive a call from a delivery company that a SAATVA mattress is to be delivered to my home the following day. I tell the deliverer that I did not order a mattress and they have the wrong address. He replied, no, SAATVA had paid for them to deliver both pieces to my home. They did.

The SAATVA mattress was the opposite of everything the company purports it to be. No four consecutive inches were the same height. Sections of springs appeared not to have been wrapped. It emitted heat and foul odor. From the mattress end, upward about eight inches and all the way across, the mattress sloped precipitously, as if that section had been separately attached. Lying on it created sciatic nerve attack and cramped vertebrae. It was junk.

So shocking was this experience, and so contrary to SAATVA advertising and promises, I took the responsibility of warning fellow consumers. ConsumerAffairs (CA) website published my critique of SAATVA product deception. All reviews are fully vetted by ConsumerAffairs prior to their being posted. My review went online July 26. During this time, I had not heard from SAATVA regarding the mattress after the order was closed. Nor had SAATVA responded to my ConsumerAffairs post, where the seller is asked to answer. The other shoe never dropped. As I later discovered, SAATVA is as sloppy in record-keeping as they are in mattress construction.

On August 10, 2017, I phoned SAATVA with a polite assessment of their product, intimating something had gone wrong in its construction, and enlightening them it had been sent after my order was cancelled. All Hell broke loose. A rep named “Cory” said someone would get back to me. In minutes, a woman was screaming at me saying I was responsible for paying for the mattress, and she would send the charge of $1088 to my bank account. I told her it was SAATVAs fault for delivering an item I had not ordered and she admitted, "Yes, it was. But you still have to pay for it." SAATVA, priding itself on “excellent customer relations” had committed a grave trade error but was charging the customer for it.

Immediately, I received an email from Cory incorporating a phony purchase invoice with the same order number as my original purchase! That order number had been put to rest on July 7, but SAATVA fraudulently resurrected it to cover their gross mistake, and force me to pay for something I had not ordered. On August 15, I received the first in series of intimidating, threatening and bullying emails from a SAATVA attorney. The email thread is available to all (you need to read this), by contacting me at **. On behalf of SAATVA, the attorney accused me of stealing the mattress. He charged me with posting a negative CA review because SAATVA wouldnt give to me “Free!” Keep in mind, my CA post appeared July 26. Neither he nor SAATVA had any idea about me, the mattress or the review until two weeks later, August 10, when I told them.

The essence of this dribble was to force me, by repeated threat, intimidation and fear, to remove my honest evaluation of a SAATVA mattress. The attorney accused me of falsifying my sleeping experience; the only way he could prove it was false is if he had slept with me on the SAATVA. Then, SAATVAs attorney created a second phony, non-existent order number, referencing this mattress! Multiple times he threatened to take me to court and sue me for a “defaming” post, demanding I remove it or be destroyed! Each of his dozens of paragraphs ended in “We will take every legal measure available to prosecute you.” Truth is not slander and there is no bad faith in my assessment.

Public Law 114-258, Consumer Review Fairness Act of 2016, guarantees the right of the consumer to publish personal assessment of a publicly traded product via any method of communication. The law also makes it illegal to threaten or coerce a consumer into removing a posting, and is punishable by law. Further, there are multiple negative SAATVA reviews in the same thread, more derogatory and “defaming” than mine. Even a chiropractor who purchased a SAATVA has written the mattress is the worst thing that can happen to your back. Is SAATVA threatening these people as well? Additionally, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) prohibits sellers from asking for payment for unordered items and the FTC says consumers are under no obligation to even tell the seller about the wrongly delivered merchandise.

One wonders how much SAATVA has paid their attorneys for their swarm of browbeating lies and torment? Is this worth the price of a shoddy mattress and its retrieval? The FTC “Business Guide to Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule”, says SAATVA must allow me to keep this mattress. Specifically, "Customers who receive unordered merchandise are legally entitled to treat the merchandise as a gift," The guide says, noting that businesses cannot try to get payment for the item, nor can businesses demand the item be returned. If a business does that, the FTC says, it may be subject to civil penalties of up to $16,000 per violation.

It's a shoddy mattress, apparently one of many SAATVA delivers to consumers, with or without knowing they are being sent??? The Internet is laced with dissatisfied SAATVA customers who have honestly shared their unfortunate experiences with SAATVA, including on this site. Why single me out, or are others being tormented as well? Why could this company not just let it go? What are they afraid of? Is SAATVA not big enough to say they made a mistake, keep the product, sorry for the inconvenience? SAATVAs actions in this matter reinforce the jaundiced opinion consumers already have of them. What do they hope to gain? Attempting to forcefully silence consumers is a violation of federal law, just as is everything else SAATVA has done since I told them of their mistake. Dear consumers, judge whether you want to do business with this company.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I ordered this (Cal King) mattress without even laying on it because first of all... the excellent reviews. Customers all had excellent things to say. I was waking up aching all the time but when I would stay in a hotel a couple days or travel, I would feel great. My mattress was 15 yrs old and was sagging. This is American made and they back up what they make. I was going to have neck surgery in a couple months and wanted a good mattress to heal on. I got the flagship model and we absolutely loved it and started sleeping through the night and quit aching. Love love my Saatva and highly recommend!

Original review: July 4, 2017

I was planning to buy a Saatva Zenhaven mattress today and had a final concern prior to purchasing. Instead of the chat rep actually reading my question, I received cut and paste replies. When I tried to clarify my question, I was directed to claims made on the website. I never once received what I asked for, and it turns out the the mattress warranty is quite generic and written fully in favor of the company (of course). I've had many poor experiences with mattress companies and had believed that Saatva would be different. Unfortunately, it turns out that they fit the mattress company mold perfectly. Very disappointing.

Also, their website has a statement from an EVP named Ed Brians. It asks anyone who is unsatisfied to call him directly. I called the number listed, and there's no way to reach Mr. Brians at that number. That was very disheartening and a bit like fraud. I'd love to try the mattress, but this experience has made me very uncomfortable with Saatva.

Original review: May 9, 2017

We have had the Saatva Mattress for a year now and are very satisfied with the comfort of the unit. The problem my wife is having is that the mattress is extremely heavy and is difficult to lift to change sheets. We have the 14.5 Queen unit, is the 11.5 significantly lighter? Other mattresses we have had were never this heavy and that may have to do with construction. Have others had the same problem? If we decided to go to an 11.5, is there any price offset?

Original review: May 6, 2017

I bought this mattress for my daughter and we are all in love with it! She by far has the most comfortable bed in the house! I sleep great in it, and yes I have tried it out. ;) The whole experience was great! The delivery was easy and painless. The delivery men came and put it where I wanted and even took the plastic off for me. I will definitely buy from this company again.

Original review: April 27, 2017

The reason I am writing a review is because of all the sleepless nights we had on a new mattress purchased not even a year ago that cost us over $2k and unfortunately after countless attempts to get something done about it... nobody really cared. I will NEVER purchase another mattress from a store again! Anyway, I was very skeptical about purchasing a mattress online. However, after having bad luck with purchasing one last April 2016 from a well known mattress store for lots more money and only to be unhappy about 3 months later and couldn't sleep on it, we contacted the store and found out they would not do anything about it. Therefore, I started searching online and stumbled upon the Saatva website and after weeks of sleepless nights and doing tons of research and reading of reviews on Saatva... I decided to go ahead and place an order.

The Saatva website is very informative and helpful on what mattress needs you need for your sleeping habits and they are accurate. The customer service reps that I spoke with were also very helpful and courteous in answering all my questions and concerns too. The ordering process was simple and easy to do and from the time my order was placed, to the manufacturing process starting, to the completion and the delivery... Saatva was in touch with me on what was going on and how soon our new Saatva mattress would be delivered. I was very impressed by all the notifications on the production, up to the delivery of our Saatva mattress. Also the quality of the mattress is incredible!

Anyway, this was the BEST decision I ever made and I highly recommend anyone who is having sleeping problems, unhappy with their current mattress or who has doubts about ordering a Saatva mattress online...Give Saatva a try! I know you will love it and be as happy as we are. Our Saatva mattress is awesome and we're finally able to sleep... "Thank you" Saatva!

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: April 5, 2017

After searching online for mattresses and visiting the Saatva website I was constantly seeing Saatva ads on websites. No big deal these days. They all use that tactic. What they don't all do is send you a brochure 4-6 weeks later through the U.S. postal service with your name and address even though you never entered any personal information. This company is using data mining or outright hacking to acquire customers personal information and I recommend that nobody ever purchase goods or services from hackers, spammers, or any other company with such questionable business practices.

Original review: March 31, 2017

We bought this bed in 2015 and just wanted to say the mattress is still as awesome as it was when it was first delivered. We love it and we are so grateful for finding this bed online and so easily. At first we were apprehensive. We thought why would you buy a bed online without trying it out in person. The warranty helped to convince us and the reviews 2 years ago convinced us. This bed is amazing and I hear what my friends tell me they paid for other state of the art beds (I won't name names). Good luck to them and I hope they are as happy as I know we both are. My pockets are much happier than I am sure their's are but even more important, my sleep is so much better. We love you SAATVA!!!

Original review: March 30, 2017

I ordered this mattress in July 2015. At first, and probably in the first 6 months it was fine. It is now sagging and I wonder what will happen by next year. The firmness I was expecting for at least 5-7 years is already gone. The edges sag significantly and there are sags overall and less firmness throughout. Very disappointing.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Unfortunately, less than two years since my purchase, my mattress is going soft, but I've been assured that's not common and customer service to set up for a free replacement has exceeded my expectations; couldn't be better. This is how all companies should handle product related issues.

Original review: March 18, 2017

We are very happy with our Saatva mattress! We've had hybrid waterbed (looks like a regular bed and has with stability baffles inside the water bags). I was having various hip, shoulder, neck and back pains during the night. My husband was reluctant to change from a water bed, but with the 120 day trial period, we had nothing to lose. We are both pleased with the comfort level and good sleep we're getting on our queen, luxury firm mattress with boxspring. The bed is soft enough, but gives the support I need for a great night's sleep! From ordering, delivery, assembly, quality, price, comfort, everything - we highly recommend Saatva!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

This rating is misleading because it isn't the experience I am unhappy with, it is the product. Saatva Mattress Co has top notch employees and my dealings with them were excellent even though I returned part of my original order. My dissatisfaction is with the mattress that I purchased. I've had it for about 6 months now and it is no more comfortable than my previous mattress. In addition it is so big and heavy that I cannot even lift a corner to tuck in sheets or blankets. Instead of being marketed as premium flagship mattress, jumbo would be more accurate. Perhaps I should not have tried to make such an important purchase online.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Disclaimer, we did NOT end up testing out the mattress itself. This review is in relation to customer service / their contracted delivery partners. We placed our order with Saatva in January. We were told "once the bed is ready, you will get a call from our delivery partners to schedule your in-home delivery." We never got that call... Instead, we got an email stating "your mattress will be delivered tomorrow morning between 9:30 - 11:30." Note, this was a WEEKDAY. There was no way either of us could have taken off of work. So, we reschedule with Garrett's Moving & Storage Company... and are told "we can completely reschedule your delivery for Friday after business hours." We call back to confirm... and no less than an hour later are told that cannot happen and they have "6 people ahead of us and 4 people behind us."

Okay... So no big deal, we reschedule for the following Monday. Same time. 3 hours prior to our delivery, we get a call from Garrett's moving & storage and are told "Someone called and rescheduled your delivery to Wednesday..." which was COMPLETELY false. 100% false. They said "oh well we can do it Wednesday..." So I said I'll speak with Saatva. I had already alerted Saatva with the mishaps from the first go-round with their delivery people and they said "oh just notify us if there are any further issues." I call Saatva, and am told "well, we can reschedule it for you and have it delivered tomorrow." I said the only time that would work... is well after business hours. To which I am told, "Yah I can't make any promises." So, I cancel my order.

The Customer Service Manager calls me back saying "Oh great I can have them deliver it on Wednesday...." Which is what the delivery people already had so... it's not like they did anything spectacular. It was already on the books for that day since the delivery people apparently rescheduled it on their own. I then said I wanted another delivery company to handle our order as I had absolutely ZERO confidence in whom they originally contracted. They said and I quote, "Well, we've worked with this company for over 3 years and they have a 90% success rate. Shipping and delivering is a big business." I said, "Did you even read their yelp reviews? They're terrible!" to which he replies again.. verbatim, "People only post reviews when they're mad not when they're happy..." False, you have a ton of reviews on your website with all "happy," and "satisfied," customers so I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe...

Needless to say, the mattress may be great, who knows but I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone I care about as they could care less if you waste your time trying to receive the VERY EXPENSIVE product. Also... I question the reviews on their website. There is NO way to filter them to see how many 1 star, 2 star... etc. reviews are on there, also I wonder if the "reviews," they claim to have on their site are even truthful... The FTC should really look into this.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

This is a preliminary review and thus the two stars. I received my Saatva Luxury Firm (supposedly not too soft, not too hard) a few days ago. So far, the experience has been really bad! The mattress is hard as a rock and really uncomfortable. I will wait a few more days to give it a fair try. But I think this will be a return. I was misled by all the positive reviews. Beware!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

We received our new exchange mattress yesterday as promised, on time!!! I just want to express how incredibly satisfied we are with the new (Queen Firm) mattress!! There is no more sagging problem as with the previous mattress (Queen Luxury Firm) and we had a very good night sleep in a while. :-) Thank you so much for your wonderful customer service team who handled this exchange in a very professional manner! We'll definitely buy Saatva mattress again in the future and will also recommend to our friends.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My wife and I have given what we thought a reasonable amount of time to transition to our new mattress. We are not satisfied with it and would like to return it. It has been covered with a water proof mattress pad, and there are no blemishes. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

For 3 weeks I had been reviewing sites & visiting stores to learn about the various options with mattresses. I also read dozens of complaints from unhappy buyers. After much confusion I was delighted to find your website, and visited with both Jon and Vesna through CHAT, and learned so much about your product. I have yet to try out my mattress, but I can only say great things about my experience so far.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

From online order to delivery everything went smooth. Everybody did a wonderful job. Took more hassle and time to go to local store when I bought last mattress. Highly recommend. Don't hesitate to buy from these people. They have a efficient system. Mattress looks and feel great. Looking forward to sleeping on it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

So far this has been a great experience. The customer service representative was pleasant and explained what would be involved. He also mentioned the need for deep pockets with my king mattress that I did not know but should not present a problem. I am anxiously awaiting my new mattress.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

First I didn't get the original email for my order because the person on the phone wrote it down wrong. Then when I got it finally, they had ordered me a California King instead of a King mattress. So I called hastily to change it before it started being processed. I also added a box spring to my order and the person on the phone was very patient. Everyone was polite and attentive so I am praying I don't get the California King mattress and split box spring. I want to make sure my order got changed to a KING. Thank you!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

My husband and I were desperate for a new mattress, so I started to research which was the best. I was so impressed with the ratings, reviews, and of course the pricing. The customer service I received made me feel like I was above all.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

My order was phoned in. The person taking my order answered my questions with "canned" answers however, she was knowledgeable about the product, very polite, and helpful. I ordered from this company based on the customer reviews of not only the product but customer service. To date, I am very impressed.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Working with Saatva to order my mattress was simple and easy. The website was easy to navigate, the information was informative. They have a live person waiting to chat with you to answer any questions you might have. They give you a follow up call to verify your order. Looking forward to receiving my mattress and giving it the 75 days to see if all the reviews are true. Will let you know after I receive my mattress how it sleeps.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I ordered our mattress on the phone with the help of Kenneth. He was very professional, helpful and responsive. We are looking forward to receiving our new mattress. We are replacing a "number" bed that we have had for less than two years.

Saatva Mattress Company Information