2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.08/5

Saatva is a mattress company that offers eco-friendly mattresses designed for optimal back health. Its engineers compared top features from luxury retailers to combine them into a durable and comfortable mattress.

BOTTOM LINE

With a long warranty and eco-friendly materials, Saatva is an affordable luxury mattress built to last. While Saatva mattresses can’t be tried out in person, the 180-day trial makes it easy to return if necessary.

PROS
  • 180-day trial
  • 15-year warranty
  • Eco-friendly materials
CONS
  • Limited options
  • Can’t try in person

Top Saatva Mattress Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Excellent company for a mattress purchase. I had purchase a mattress over 2 years ago and I recently had a problem with it. I had no problem reaching a knowledgeable and tentative representative that was able to resolve my problem by offering a brand new mattress replacement.

The latex mattress is more comfortable than any I’ve slept on even in luxury hotels. It’s also healthier for you. Usually they start at 2 1/2 times the price of the Saatva brand. Delivery was fantastic and they took my old mattress. Love this mattress.

Saatva Mattress Shop Now

What is Saatva?

Saatva offers three firmness options for its mattresses: plush soft (soft), luxury firm (medium) and firm, all at the same cost. While 80% of customers choose the luxury firm style, the flexibility lets customers of different sizes and with different preferences choose the right one for them.

All Saatva mattresses come with a 180-night sleep trial that offers a full refund, minus the $99 transportation cost. Saatva mattresses come with a 15-year, nonprorated warranty. During the first two years, Saatva promises to replace your mattress for free if deemed defective. In years three through 15, mattresses are repaired and re-covered for the cost of transportation ($99).

Saatva mattresses

Saatva mattress prices

Saatva mattress prices range from $799 for a twin mattress to $1,799 for a California king. Customers can add an adjustable base for an additional cost between $1,199 to $2,498. The company also sells foundations and frames for $380 and $119, respectively.

Saatva offers 0% APR financing to help customers cover the cost of their new mattress. The company’s white-glove delivery includes free mattress removal, so customers don’t have to pay to get rid of their old mattress.

Saatva FAQ

Where can I buy a Saatva mattress?
Saatva mattresses can be purchased online through the company's website.
Where are Saatva mattresses made?
Saatva mattresses are made in the U.S. at one of its 19 independent manufacturing facilities.
Do Saatva mattresses need a box spring?
Not necessarily, although the company does recommend some sort of base for the mattress, such as a platform.
Where can I try a Saatva mattress?
Customers must order a Saatva mattress online to try it out, but the company has a 180-night return policy.
How long do Saatva mattresses last?
Saatva mattresses are built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage. They come with a 15-year warranty.

Is Saatva a good mattress?

Saatva is a good option for customers who want to invest in a luxury mattress without breaking the bank. With its 15-year warranty, Saatva mattresses have a fairly long lifespan compared to industry averages. And, with 0% APR financing, customers have the option to pay it off over time. Many innerspring mattress companies don’t offer firmness options, so Saatva’s three different levels sets it apart from the competition.

Saatva Mattress Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2021

This review is about the return process not about the mattress. I hope it helps if any of you were like I was and on the fence with trusting a home trial not having a bunch of fine print. My wife and I purchased a Saatva Classic Luxury Firm. It was NOT the mattress for us. The first 4 nights I loved it. Then my back (I have a L5/S1 spondy) got worse and worse. We tried it for 140 days. That’s how much we hoped this would work as we are so tired of the mattress hunt.

At 2am, On the 140th night, uncomfortable and frustrated, I called the 1-800 number expecting to yell at a voicemail. A live person answered and processed my return within seconds. Didn’t try to sell me on an exchange or make a bunch of stupid suggestions like adding toppers etc. Literally, all the person said after I gave my information was “I am so sorry the mattress did not work out for you. I have processed your return claim and you should receive an email within a few days with instructions.” The whole call took less than 30 seconds.

I had the entire refund minus 99 dollars for the return fee in my account within 48 hrs! It might have even been later that same day. 4 days later, I received a text with a number to call a local service and schedule the pickup on a day of my choosing with a 4 hour time window. I am blown away at the customer experience. They did what they said they would and did not try to make me jump through a bunch of hoops or escalate calls. If you are thinking of trying a Saatva, feel safe doing so.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I called to ask when the sale would end. The sales rep. told me and gave me his direct line in case I had more questions. I thought price might have gone up so on the last day of the sale, before placing my order, I called to find out if it had and to ask if I could get the lower price from a week earlier. He gave me the lower price, answered all of my questions, helped me decide which mattress to order, offered the mattress cover without pressure of any kind (I did not purchase it), remained patient and professional throughout the call, and even offered to add a note to try and get my mattress delivered as soon as possible. Even if it doesn’t get to me any sooner, the fact that he wanted to help and that the company’s system allows for a note like that really made my day. I have nothing but praise so far for the Saatva Mattress. Thank you for making my experience such a positive one Tom.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I am on my feet as a healthcare worker approximately 10 hours a day and come home to spend even more time on my feet as "Mom". My back and hips were hurting all the time the past few years! While sleeping, each time I'd roll over I would have to use the backboard for support to move my painful hips and back. I would wake up exhausted from having to roll over into different positions trying to relieve the pain! I have been a Saatva owner for less than a month and already feel an incredible difference in my lower back pain and hip pain. I am so relieved!! I sleep so much better, wake up less and can move more freely. I can't believe a mattress can make such a difference in my well-being! I have so much more energy now and can move so much better on the job! The mattress arrived with white glove delivery. I was well informed of the scheduling time. I didn't have to lift a finger...just got to enjoy my new mattress! GREAT purchase!

Original review: June 28, 2020

We purchased this mattress in 2020 to replace an old Serta. I was having stiffness in my lower back and very concerned about arthritis. I decided just to take a chance on the Saatva mattress because I read it was made in America and the Classic Luxury Firm is good for back pain I felt I had nothing to loose. I realized you can't tell by laying on a mattress for a few minutes if it was going to be satisfactory and the website looked compelling

I can honestly say the first night I was blown away by the fact that the pain in my body was gone when I laid on the mattress. I could breathe easier and could feel the support. It honestly is like laying on a cloud but being supported. It seemed to even make breathing easier with the torso support. Weeks later I can honestly say I don't lay awake in bed at all and I can jump up in the morning completely rested and without stiffness anywhere.

It seems too good to be true even to me. I am not exaggerating when I say buying the Saatva Luxury Firm Full Mattress was the best purchase I have ever made. I would never have thought that buying this mattress could do so much for me. You wake refreshed and alert and ready to be active. Not sluggish ready to rest again. Don't hesitate. We are buying a 2nd now for another room in the house and will be recommending this mattress. Thank you Saatva. The customer service and quality of the merchandise make this a truly remarkable and unbelievably wonderful experience. Thank you so much for the Luxury Firm. Not hard or soft but just right.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 6, 2021

I ordered a Saatva classic luxury firm mattress and Copenhagen bed frame. The mattress arrived on time, however the delivery truck forgot the bed frame and I had to wait 3 days for the frame to come. When the frame arrived the delivery company refused to bring the bed inside and would not set up the bed, so much for white glove delivery. I spent the afternoon setting up the bed (4 hours). Once it was set up I got into it only to find a loud creaking noise coming from the frame. I checked all the bolts to ensure everything was correctly assembled and to my dismay the bed was noises despite having put it together properly. I would have never bought this frame had I known this was going to be the experience. The thought of taking it all apart and boxing it up to send back is just awful and I am very disappointed with this purchase. Saatva has failed to meet my expectations and I regret purchasing this bed frame.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Firsty, we received our mattress timely & everything went well. I really liked the mattress but my wife didn’t. We let the company know, so they offered us a free mattress topper. Again, I liked the comfort level but my wife did not. We then exchanged our mattress for another model. That was a simple process & we paid $100 for the new delivery. That mattress didn’t work for my wife, so we decided to purchase a different bed. Things went bad when we asked for our refund.

We paid $1799 + tax for our bed. They sent us a refund of $1616. So I sent an email asking for a correct amount. I received a CALL from a Dante in customer service. He left a VM. I called him (left a vm) back & asked for an email statement of the refund. He called me back & stated (via voice mail) they only discuss refunds over the phone, no email or text. At this point, after several voicemails I’m very frustrated. Why won’t this company send me a return invoice breaking down the refund? It’s extremely shady in my opinion.

They have delivered on everything they promised up until this point. Now they ruined their name/brand reputation in my mind & have forced me to write this review. I left Dante another voice mail. I asked him to have a manager call me. He chose to ignore my request & call me again. I simply want an email breakdown of my refund. He claimed I wasn’t shorted any money, but he didn’t give me an explanation or a breakdown. I really don’t believe I’m asking too much.

Saatva Mattress response

Good afternoon Jason,

We are truly sorry to see you are anything less than thrilled. Please be assured that we are eager to discuss and assist you with this matter.

I was not able to locate your order using the information provided here.

Please kindly provide me with any reference that can allow me to locate your order. I hope to have an opportunity to speak with you soon.

Sincerely,

Roger Galeano

Director of Customer Satisfaction

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 30, 2021

I read many reviews prior to buying this mattress. It felt like a good decisional the time, but I am now regretting it. I purchased product on 3/8/21 and it is 3/30/21 and I still have not received my mattress. I couldn't track the product after purchase b/c Saatva system would not take my password and would not let me re-set it either. I couldn't speak to a human b/c no one answers the phone and VM was full. Wrote an email, saying I thought customer service was poor, asking for help w/status of mattress delivery and my password. Recvd. email from Tessa telling me to refresh screen-REALLY!

I received a VM from delivery people on 3/23 around noon "telling" me they would deliver on 3/25 between 9-11. They didn't ask me if that was convenient, it wasn't. Never heard from them again. I wrote emails and recvd. response from Andre saying he tried to call. Finally, spoke with a really nice lady-Gloria-who followed/up with me several times, but she was unable to get any response from the delivery people. I called delivery people repeatedly and spoke with Gloria multiple times to get a new delivery date, but to no avail. 3/29 I called delivery people again-this time from a landline- and a woman picked up and proceeded to try and pick a fight w/me saying that she had called 3 times. That may be true-in her dreams- but she never left a message and I have no calls from their number (434)200-9191, except the original call on 3/23.

Finally, spoke w/Gloria again today, poor thing she can not be responsible for other people not doing their job, but said she had tried and tried to get a new delivery date, but too avail and she would push it up to her Logistics Supervisor. Well, I just want my mattress, but at this point would settle for a refund, but will forevermore discourage people from dealing with this irresponsible company. Honestly, how can I trust what they say when they cannot be troubled to hold their own delivery "team" members responsible to ensure the product, that I paid for 3 weeks ago, is delivered?

I am really not sure what to do now. As Kristel from Customer Service posted here responding to others' reviews, maybe she will see this and actually push to get my mattress to me-I am doubtful though. It really shouldn't be this hard & even if I do eventually get my mattress, I cannot recommend a company that has so little respect for their customers, let alone their revenue source. I bet if zillionaires Ron Rudzin-Pres./CEO of Saatva or Ricky Joshi-founder were customers receiving this type of treatment they would be disappointed/mad too. I sign off as a disappointed and unhappy customer, uncertain of when or if I will get my mattress anytime soon.

Original review: March 25, 2021

It's truly an scary experience to order something you can't see or touch before you purchase it. Everyone at Saatva was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about their mattresses. We ABSOLUTELY LOVE OUR NEW MATTRESS.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 21, 2021

Their delivery times are a lie! Chat support worthless! Phone line goes straight to voicemail! Email response said they can’t respond for 72 hours! Ordered mattress and foundation on Mar 3. Supposed to be delivered in 9-15 days. Checked order status every day (it progresses through about 7 steps). As of today, March 21st, it’s still stuck on step 1 which is “order received”. 18 days and zero movement, but they were paid in full on day 1. Such a crock of bull. Their excuse for unacceptable production and lying to their buyers is the pandemic. It is their safety net. Just received an email that due to the “pandemic”, it will be at least another 2 weeks. Do not trust this company! Very misleading. Chat, email and voicemail all preface the same excuse. I haven’t been successful reaching a human being at this company.

Saatva Mattress response

We are very sorry for any disappointment caused to this consumer by the delay of their order.

In dealing with rolling disruptions to the supply chain, we have tried our best to be as communicative as possible regarding potential delays. Customers are advised of these potential delays before their order is placed at checkout and on their invoice.

We do this because we want to be transparent regarding the delays that can occur due to these rolling disruptions directly linked to Covid-19. I have personally attempted to reach out to this consumer to speak to them live but have been unable to do so. We are grateful this consumer has chosen to keep their order with us instead of canceling their order for a full and immediate refund; Which has remained an option throughout this process.

I will continue to follow up with this consumer regarding their order's progress and remain grateful for the opportunity they have allowed us to do so.

Kristel E.
    Director of Customer Satisfaction

The Saatva Company

Original review: March 17, 2021

Let me be honest, the mattress I am reviewing was purchased at the end of 2016 so perhaps they have truly changed for the better. We have chosen to sleep on the couch at times to avoid this mattress. It is firm, so firm, and so uncomfortable. We told Saatva that it was too firm and that we wanted to return it. They promised that the mattress topper they would send would make all the difference and allow it to "break in." It most certainly didn't (and the bed still hasn't broken in) but in the process of waiting for it to break in, we missed the return period. Don't make our mistake. You don't sink in, not at all. We saved up a lot of money for this purchase and have regretted it ever since. I know most people would have just bought a new mattress by now, but we didn't have the funds to completely replace this mistake right away. We are so looking forward to a new bed sometime in the near future. It will most certainly NOT come from Saatva.

Saatva Mattress Company Information