Shop Now

4.0/5 (1475 ratings)

About Saatva Mattress

Saatva is a mattress company that offers eco-friendly mattresses designed for optimal back health. Its engineers compared top features from luxury retailers to combine them into a durable and comfortable mattress.

Pros

• 180-day trial
  • 15-year warranty
  • Eco-friendly materials

Cons

• Limited options
  • Can’t try in person

Bottom Line

With a long warranty and eco-friendly materials, Saatva is an affordable luxury mattress built to last. While Saatva mattresses can’t be tried out in person, the 180-day trial makes it easy to return if necessary.

Top Saatva Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Excellent company for a mattress purchase. I had purchase a mattress over 2 years ago and I recently had a problem with it. I had no problem reaching a knowledgeable and tentative...

Verified

The latex mattress is more comfortable than any I’ve slept on even in luxury hotels. It’s also healthier for you. Usually they start at 2 1/2 times the price of the Saatva brand. ...

What is Saatva?

Saatva offers three firmness options for its mattresses: plush soft (soft), luxury firm (medium) and firm, all at the same cost. While 80% of customers choose the luxury firm style, the flexibility lets customers of different sizes and with different preferences choose the right one for them.

All Saatva mattresses come with a 180-night sleep trial that offers a full refund, minus the $99 transportation cost. Saatva mattresses come with a 15-year, nonprorated warranty. During the first two years, Saatva promises to replace your mattress for free if deemed defective. In years three through 15, mattresses are repaired and re-covered for the cost of transportation ($99).

Saatva mattresses

Saatva mattress prices

Saatva mattress prices range from $887 for a twin mattress to $1,974 for a California King. Customers can add an adjustable base for an additional cost, between $1,199 and $2,498. The company also sells foundations and frames for $380 and $119, respectively.

Saatva offers 0% APR financing to help customers cover the cost of their new mattress. The company’s white-glove delivery includes free mattress removal, so customers don’t have to pay to get rid of their old mattress.

Saatva FAQ

Where can I buy a Saatva mattress?
Saatva mattresses can be purchased online through the company's website.
Where are Saatva mattresses made?
Saatva mattresses are made in the U.S. at one of its 19 independent manufacturing facilities.
Do Saatva mattresses need a box spring?
Not necessarily, although the company does recommend some sort of base for the mattress, such as a platform.
Where can I try a Saatva mattress?
Customers must order a Saatva mattress online to try it out, but the company has a 180-night return policy.
How long do Saatva mattresses last?
Saatva mattresses are built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage. They come with a 15-year warranty.

Is Saatva a good mattress?

Saatva is a good option for customers who want to invest in a luxury mattress without breaking the bank. With its 15-year warranty, Saatva mattresses have a fairly long lifespan compared to industry averages. And, with 0% APR financing, customers have the option to pay it off over time. Many innerspring mattress companies don’t offer firmness options, so Saatva’s three different levels sets it apart from the competition.

Saatva Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I originally ordered a luxury firm mattress for me and and my wife. We’d slept on a Sleep Number bed for many years, but despite buying a new pillow top cover, my wife was not able to get comfortable. The Sleep Number bed was 20 years old, so we’d got our money’s worth. I did a lot of online research and went for the Puffy Mattress. This was a huge mistake right from the start as I could never get comfortable and suffered with aching back and hips. I should add all mattresses detailed in this write up are King size. Also, I am 6 feet tall, 315 lbs and my wife is 5 feet tall and 108 lbs.

After suffering for nine months, I did more online research and found Saatva. My wife and I decided that we had no interest in a memory foam mattress and would look for a traditional coil spring with a foam top. I called Saatva and detailed to the Sales person about our sizes/weights, sleeping habits, etc, and asked which mattress would be recommended. I was told approximately 80% of Saatva customers chose the Luxury Firm mattress, but if we went with the Luxury Firm and were not happy, we could exchange it for another model mattress.

We ordered the Luxury Firm mattress and several weeks later it was delivered. The first night was horrific and I can honestly say I had never been so uncomfortable and ended up getting up at 3:00am, went to my computer and wrote a letter to Saatva Customer Support. I then went to my recliner and slept until my wife got up. My wife too had a miserable night, but did not get up.

Customer Support contacted me very quickly and advised it could take several weeks to get acclimated to a new mattress and suggested I review Customer feedback. I followed this suggestion and several customers also stated their early experience was less than positive, but after several weeks the mattress was a winner and were glad they had been patient as they were now getting some great night’s rest. We decided to give it a try and I will admit the nights did improve, but both of us experienced hip and leg pains, so I contacted Customer Support. They were incredibly empathetic and offered to send me a mattress topper to see if this would help. We received this a few days later, but long story short, the topper did not help the cause.

I contacted Customer Support again and told them, I wanted to switch to the Plush Soft mattress. Again, Customer Support Rep (Ina) was very respectful, courteous and patient. I was required to pay a small fee to make the change and a couple of weeks later the Plush Soft Mattress was delivered and Luxury Firm mattress taken away.

We’ve had the Plush Soft mattress for several weeks now and I can’t say enough good things. Both myself and my wife are very happy with the mattress comfort and the great nights sleep we are now experiencing. I find it amazing that more customers buy the Luxury Firm mattress!!! Being honest, I really thought the Plush Soft would not work for both of us and we would end up purchasing the Solaire Customizable Comfort Split Mattress, but at this time we could not be happier with the Plush Soft mattress. I want to thank Saatva and Customer Support (Ina) for her patience and great customer service throughout this entire time and I will strongly recommend Saatva whenever I can.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Throw out the bed in the box and get this! We tried three well known beds in a box, woke up with pain with all of them. After doing a ton of due diligence, I went with the Saatva Classic (plush) and this bed is a slice of heaven! We sleep more soundly, dream more, need less sleep yet wake up refreshed but don't want to get out of bed! LOL. Oh and no more hip or shoulder pain (for those side sleepers out there). Lastly, customer service is awesome and respond in a timely manner. A+.

Saatva Mattress response

Rob,

We are so grateful for your support!

We are thrilled to read that you are enjoying your mattress, and experience with our company.

We continue to wish you many years of restful sleep on your Saatva mattress!

Take care.

Best,

Kristel E.
    Director of Customer Satisfaction

The Saatva Company

Original review: March 17, 2021

This review is about the return process not about the mattress. I hope it helps if any of you were like I was and on the fence with trusting a home trial not having a bunch of fine print. My wife and I purchased a Saatva Classic Luxury Firm. It was NOT the mattress for us. The first 4 nights I loved it. Then my back (I have a L5/S1 spondy) got worse and worse. We tried it for 140 days. That’s how much we hoped this would work as we are so tired of the mattress hunt.

At 2am, On the 140th night, uncomfortable and frustrated, I called the 1-800 number expecting to yell at a voicemail. A live person answered and processed my return within seconds. Didn’t try to sell me on an exchange or make a bunch of stupid suggestions like adding toppers etc. Literally, all the person said after I gave my information was “I am so sorry the mattress did not work out for you. I have processed your return claim and you should receive an email within a few days with instructions.” The whole call took less than 30 seconds.

I had the entire refund minus 99 dollars for the return fee in my account within 48 hrs! It might have even been later that same day. 4 days later, I received a text with a number to call a local service and schedule the pickup on a day of my choosing with a 4 hour time window. I am blown away at the customer experience. They did what they said they would and did not try to make me jump through a bunch of hoops or escalate calls. If you are thinking of trying a Saatva, feel safe doing so.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I called to ask when the sale would end. The sales rep. told me and gave me his direct line in case I had more questions. I thought price might have gone up so on the last day of the sale, before placing my order, I called to find out if it had and to ask if I could get the lower price from a week earlier. He gave me the lower price, answered all of my questions, helped me decide which mattress to order, offered the mattress cover without pressure of any kind (I did not purchase it), remained patient and professional throughout the call, and even offered to add a note to try and get my mattress delivered as soon as possible. Even if it doesn’t get to me any sooner, the fact that he wanted to help and that the company’s system allows for a note like that really made my day. I have nothing but praise so far for the Saatva Mattress. Thank you for making my experience such a positive one Tom.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

My wife and I have had our king size Saatva mattress for six years. We are large frame folk, with a collective weight of about 430 lbs. This Saatva mattress has been excellent. After six years it still doesn’t have body impressions ( we rotate mattress every 6 months). We always look forward to getting home from a trip and back to the Saatva. It is important to get the firmness that best works for you however, but you’d be hard pressed to beat the quality of a Saatva mattress for the price! (this was an unsolicited review, we just wanted say “thanks Saatva!”)

T.

Saatva Mattress response

Hi Ted,

We are thrilled to read you are loving your Saatva mattress!

We remain grateful for your business,and continue to wish you many nights of restful sleep on your Saatva mattress.

Have a great day! :)

All the best,

Kristel E.
    Director of Customer Satisfaction

The saatva Company

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

Sadly, we had to return our mattress topper because it made our bed just a little too high for our aging dog who has major hip and leg issues. It actually never made it onto the bed, but I did open it the box. I called to set up a return and was told my best option was to donate the mattress to charity for a full refund. I was stunned to hear such a suggestion. I can't think of a more generous way to give back. I get a full refund and someone who might never be able to afford such a luxurious mattress topper will sleep that much better. What a great company! I already own a mattress from Saatva and plan on purchasing their mattress topper at some point in the future. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

I've had this mattress for almost 7 months now and my quality of sleep is off the charts. I'm a side sleeper and with my old mattress I would wake up with a back ache almost every morning. (I dreaded going to bed at night...) With this Saatva queen firm mattress all those issues are gone. My exercise routine is also back on track also because of my back issues being in my rear view. Thanks for engineering such a fine product which has literally improved the quality of my life.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

We decided on the Solaire mattress. Went to purchase, and it gave me the option to add an adjustable frame. Reviews on the adjustable frame seemed overall positive, so we decided to give it a try. I called Saatva to verify we were able to try it out, and return it if we didn’t like it, they said it would be $100 to return. So I placed the order. The mattress was delayed, and delivery was delayed even more. Saatva provided a $100 discount for the inconvenience.

Overall, we didn’t think the mattress was suitable for us, because the edge support seem to be slightly lacking, and we didn’t like the split king that I ordered. So we called Saatva with the intention of switching to a California king. On this call, I found out the mattress is refundable because there is a trial, but the base is not refundable, not returnable, and non-exchangeable. Apparently, when you add the mattress to your shopping cart, and select the option to add an adjustable bed frame, you have to click on the link “more details“ about the adjustable frame to find out there is fine print at the bottom that states it is not returnable or exchangeable. This seems very misleading to me. So, I’m able to return the $3500 mattress, but not the $2600 bedframe.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

My wife and I could not be more pleased with our Saatva Classic Split King bed. The Luxury Firm mattress is just the right combination of firmness and softness....it feels very luxurious like some hotel beds. The adjustable frame is so quiet that it does not even bother our cat who sleeps with us. We both sleep better now and wake up refreshed and very happy with our new bed. You make a quality product and deserve the good reviews that you receive.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I initially purchased the California King (with bedding) which was delivered on schedule and in perfect shape. Unfortunately I needed the King. Christine, from Saatva, arranged the King to be delivered and the California King to be picked up at no cost! She even included two King size bedding to replace the California King bedding I originally purchased. Also, my initial request included Ivory Sateen Pillowcases. I substituted white when Christine informed me they were back ordered. Months later Christine informed me they were currently in stock and would send me a set at no charge! I challenge anybody to find a more accommodate company with such nice employees! Thank you Saatva!

Saatva Mattress Company Information