Shop Now

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.9/5 (1467 ratings)

About Saatva Mattress

Saatva is a mattress company that offers eco-friendly mattresses designed for optimal back health. Its engineers compared top features from luxury retailers to combine them into a durable and comfortable mattress.

Pros

• 180-day trial
  • 15-year warranty
  • Eco-friendly materials

Cons

• Limited options
  • Can’t try in person

Bottom Line

With a long warranty and eco-friendly materials, Saatva is an affordable luxury mattress built to last. While Saatva mattresses can’t be tried out in person, the 180-day trial makes it easy to return if necessary.

Top Saatva Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Excellent company for a mattress purchase. I had purchase a mattress over 2 years ago and I recently had a problem with it. I had no problem reaching a knowledgeable and tentative...

Verified

The latex mattress is more comfortable than any I’ve slept on even in luxury hotels. It’s also healthier for you. Usually they start at 2 1/2 times the price of the Saatva brand. ...

What is Saatva?

Saatva offers three firmness options for its mattresses: plush soft (soft), luxury firm (medium) and firm, all at the same cost. While 80% of customers choose the luxury firm style, the flexibility lets customers of different sizes and with different preferences choose the right one for them.

All Saatva mattresses come with a 180-night sleep trial that offers a full refund, minus the $99 transportation cost. Saatva mattresses come with a 15-year, nonprorated warranty. During the first two years, Saatva promises to replace your mattress for free if deemed defective. In years three through 15, mattresses are repaired and re-covered for the cost of transportation ($99).

Saatva mattresses

Saatva mattress prices

Saatva mattress prices range from $887 for a twin mattress to $1,974 for a California King. Customers can add an adjustable base for an additional cost, between $1,199 and $2,498. The company also sells foundations and frames for $380 and $119, respectively.

Saatva offers 0% APR financing to help customers cover the cost of their new mattress. The company’s white-glove delivery includes free mattress removal, so customers don’t have to pay to get rid of their old mattress.

Saatva FAQ

Where can I buy a Saatva mattress?
Saatva mattresses can be purchased online through the company's website.
Where are Saatva mattresses made?
Saatva mattresses are made in the U.S. at one of its 19 independent manufacturing facilities.
Do Saatva mattresses need a box spring?
Not necessarily, although the company does recommend some sort of base for the mattress, such as a platform.
Where can I try a Saatva mattress?
Customers must order a Saatva mattress online to try it out, but the company has a 180-night return policy.
How long do Saatva mattresses last?
Saatva mattresses are built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage. They come with a 15-year warranty.

Is Saatva a good mattress?

Saatva is a good option for customers who want to invest in a luxury mattress without breaking the bank. With its 15-year warranty, Saatva mattresses have a fairly long lifespan compared to industry averages. And, with 0% APR financing, customers have the option to pay it off over time. Many innerspring mattress companies don’t offer firmness options, so Saatva’s three different levels sets it apart from the competition.

Saatva Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: April 11, 2021

Throw out the bed in the box and get this! We tried three well known beds in a box, woke up with pain with all of them. After doing a ton of due diligence, I went with the Saatva Classic (plush) and this bed is a slice of heaven! We sleep more soundly, dream more, need less sleep yet wake up refreshed but don't want to get out of bed! LOL. Oh and no more hip or shoulder pain (for those side sleepers out there). Lastly, customer service is awesome and respond in a timely manner. A+.

Rob,

We are so grateful for your support!

We are thrilled to read that you are enjoying your mattress, and experience with our company.

We continue to wish you many years of restful sleep on your Saatva mattress!

Take care.

Best,

The Saatva Company

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2021

This review is about the return process not about the mattress. I hope it helps if any of you were like I was and on the fence with trusting a home trial not having a bunch of fine print. My wife and I purchased a Saatva Classic Luxury Firm. It was NOT the mattress for us. The first 4 nights I loved it. Then my back (I have a L5/S1 spondy) got worse and worse. We tried it for 140 days. That’s how much we hoped this would work as we are so tired of the mattress hunt.

At 2am, On the 140th night, uncomfortable and frustrated, I called the 1-800 number expecting to yell at a voicemail. A live person answered and processed my return within seconds. Didn’t try to sell me on an exchange or make a bunch of stupid suggestions like adding toppers etc. Literally, all the person said after I gave my information was “I am so sorry the mattress did not work out for you. I have processed your return claim and you should receive an email within a few days with instructions.” The whole call took less than 30 seconds.

I had the entire refund minus 99 dollars for the return fee in my account within 48 hrs! It might have even been later that same day. 4 days later, I received a text with a number to call a local service and schedule the pickup on a day of my choosing with a 4 hour time window. I am blown away at the customer experience. They did what they said they would and did not try to make me jump through a bunch of hoops or escalate calls. If you are thinking of trying a Saatva, feel safe doing so.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I called to ask when the sale would end. The sales rep. told me and gave me his direct line in case I had more questions. I thought price might have gone up so on the last day of the sale, before placing my order, I called to find out if it had and to ask if I could get the lower price from a week earlier. He gave me the lower price, answered all of my questions, helped me decide which mattress to order, offered the mattress cover without pressure of any kind (I did not purchase it), remained patient and professional throughout the call, and even offered to add a note to try and get my mattress delivered as soon as possible. Even if it doesn’t get to me any sooner, the fact that he wanted to help and that the company’s system allows for a note like that really made my day. I have nothing but praise so far for the Saatva Mattress. Thank you for making my experience such a positive one Tom.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

My wife and I have had our king size Saatva mattress for six years. We are large frame folk, with a collective weight of about 430 lbs. This Saatva mattress has been excellent. After six years it still doesn’t have body impressions ( we rotate mattress every 6 months). We always look forward to getting home from a trip and back to the Saatva. It is important to get the firmness that best works for you however, but you’d be hard pressed to beat the quality of a Saatva mattress for the price! (this was an unsolicited review, we just wanted say “thanks Saatva!”)

T.

Hi Ted,

We are thrilled to read you are loving your Saatva mattress!

We remain grateful for your business,and continue to wish you many nights of restful sleep on your Saatva mattress.

Have a great day! :)

The saatva Company

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I know it is very difficult to trust websites on products that we want to purchase but I must say this was an amazing experience, quick and easy. I had already purchased a mattress from a different company and I wasn’t happy with the quality of the mattress. I took a chance and purchased the classic mattress from Saatva and I must say I am very pleased with the service and product. The mattress fits my needs and I highly recommend it. I will definitely advise people to purchase.

Hi Elizabeth,

We are so happy you took a chance on Saatva!

We are even more thrilled to read you are pleased with your mattress.

We continue to wish you many nights of restful sleep on your Saatva mattress. :)

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I ordered two twin-size of these mattresses (for 2 different NY locations), and a queen size of same for my home in Maryland. Every one of these mattresses became warped and very uncomfortable, causing back problems. All of them no longer are used. I am asking Saatva to reimburse me partial credit for the expense of 3 mattresses that became uncomfortable after 1 year. The mattress order referenced here was ordered for one of my children, who was in his 20s when mattress was new. Despite his younger age, he also experienced backaches from this mattress.

Hi Laurie,

While I was very sorry to read the thoughts you shared, I appreciated the time you took to speak with me today.

We are so grateful you have allowed us an opportunity to provide you with a resolution to your concern, that meets your satisfaction.

We wish you the absolute best as we move forward.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Delivery window of 17-25 business days for white glove delivery is estimate on production of mattress not actual delivery. I was told I would have to wait an additional 2 weeks for delivery. They are also unable to give any information once they release to shipping partner. No ETA. Nothing. Customer service is indifferent. Spoke with 4 different people. Was told I can't cancel, but will need to wait until delivery to return as bed will not arrive in time. 39 days for a product constructed and delivered within the US is excessive. Might be better received had they been straightforward about actual delivery times. SO disappointing. Already ordered through competitor that will deliver within the week. Don't waste your time.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Don't waste your time or money. Went as low as the Stars let me but if I could go lower... Ordered July 2nd with an estimated delivery date of July 24. Nope, not even close. We called, "We're sorry, COVID caused delays, I understand your frustration..." Next date "scheduled," first week of August from apologetic Customer service Rep. Yeah, nope didn't happen. Like other reviewers, "We're looking into it, we're sorry, we understand...$100 off for the inconvenience..."

I told my wife, who ordered it, "Cancel, get the refund and let's move forward with someone that actually WANTS to uphold a good reputation!" She called back and got good news lol, pick one of three dates for delivery! She chose the earliest date, a Monday. Great news, THEY CALLED US BACK!!! "No, sorry, Monday doesn't work, we don't come to your area on Mondays. W+£, SAATVA offered that date. O.o We can be there on August 25th!!" Deal, we will be ready. The Wife was still holding out hope.

It is August 24th, no call so WE called. "OH, yeah, I'm sorry, I know how you feel, we strive for...." I'm pretty sure that the Rep, that's been responding to these reviews, has some smoke to blow somewhere, but enough. 50 + days is definitely outside their time-frame. IMO, I'm beginning to have doubts they're even a multi-million dollar a year company. Well, almost, we were this close <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> to having a new bed from SAATVA.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

7 weeks past ETA, countless calls with customer service, and still no mattress. This is after waiting for the "delivery window" today only to get stood up. Honestly the worst customer experience. I just wish negative stars were an option because I wasted so much time trying to get what I paid for.

Saatva Mattress response

We would like to start by apologizing to the consumer for a delivery experience that was not up to their, or our own very high standards. The situation has been addressed with our delivery partner.

We strive to offer all of our customers a great experience, but recognize there is always room to improve and grow. I want to thank the consumer for taking the time to speak with me today, allowing me to get an even deeper understanding of the concerns he shared.

I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to try and make this right. We continue to wish them many nights of restful sleep on their new Saatva mattress.

The Saatva Company

Original review: July 25, 2021

Ordered my bed going on 35 days ago, still hasn’t arrived. Quoted 7-29 days for delivery due to Covid delays. I was patient And understanding until we hit the 30 day mark, check my order status online. Showed it was still in the “ordered” phase not even into the production phase. My order date had also been changed to “invalid date”. I called to find out what was going on. I was met with very condescending tones, a lot of “I’m sorry”, “I understand” and minimizing the delay. “Well yeah, we do say 7-29 days. We’re just shy of that”. Just shy of it? It’s not even been made yet! They also used Covid as the reason for the delay, I’m understand about this except at this point it feels like they are abusing it. I was promised a call back that day, didn’t happen.

Next day I called again. Same thing, demeaning tones, a lot of insincere apologies and a promise to follow up with me that day. Suddenly now my online status shows in production after I’ve called and made a fuss? I never got a call back, so once again I called, you guessed it.. Same bit, it’s as if they are all trained to apologize in that fake insincere tone, dance around the issue instead of providing resolution or action, and then promise you they will “personally” look into it. It’s such a theatrical experience. However, This call was told the delivery team had tried calling me that day to schedule, yet I never received a call, no voicemail was left and they couldn’t tell me when exactly they had called. Then said, "Well let me find out if they actually have it ready."

Anyway, the call back to follow up on that never happened, so the next day… Yup, I called. Again. This time I asked for a manager, I was told they were on break and would call me back. I didn’t hold my breath. Surprisingly, they called. No surprise I was greeted with the same tone that makes you even more annoyed when you’ve already been pushed past your limit of patience. A lot of “I’m sorry” and dancing around the issue, I stated I wanted action not words, the discussion became heated because the going in circles And not providing a solution or proper compensation for the delays was infuriating. I had made this order under the impression I would receive it in 7-29 days.

Here we are almost 35 days since I ordered and they want to offer me a measly $100 credit, with still no guarantee date of delivery? How insulting. When they said someone would call me early next week to arrange delivery, and couldn’t provide a date, I got fed up because I will not be available next week, nor will I be available for some time as my availability date is unknown at this time, as I am dealing with a family health issue in another state. No one will be there for the delivery. I was banking on having my mattress here within that 29 days that would put me in the clear before I’d be unavailable.

Ultimately, I felt belittled when I asked for him to stop apologizing as it’s infuriating and when I asked to cancel and be refunded he said, “Okay we'll get that order canceled, and I know you don’t want to hear this, but I’m sorry.” (In that snarky tone) Almost like he wanted to take a final dig, like they get off on being that way or something. Never in My life had I been so frustrated with a customer service experience. Will definitely be taking my money elsewhere. And after reading some other reviews on here where they have responded, you can tell in their responses how they are so rehearsed in speaking in circles, and well versed in insincere tones and apologies. Literally makes my skin crawl.

Saatva Mattress response

We are very sorry to read the thoughts the consumer has shared, and apologize for any inconvenience she may have experienced.

With this said, we have always strived to provide our customers with an excellent experience. We pride ourselves on being amongst the highest-reviewed companies nationally for both our products and our customer service. We have worked very hard to earn our pristine reputation. We feel there are statements the consumer made in her complaint, which are incorrect, and from which we must defend ourselves.

First off, the consumer's order is not late. The customer was quoted 17-29 days, plus a possible additional 2-weeks, for delivery on her sales receipt. We are well within that time frame. The mattress has been handcrafted and is at our delivery partner's facility. In fact, they called the customer last week (the call is date and time stamped) in an attempt to schedule her in-home white-glove delivery and set-up.

We will research the consumer's claim that she felt our CSR's were talking down to her. As she herself stated, they apologized for her disappointment with us, so we're not sure what they allegedly did wrong. If however, it turns out to be the case that any of our team members were anything less than empathetic and helpful, they will be disciplined accordingly. We must add in our defense, that it is documented that the consumer verbally abused one of our managers with profanity-laced language.

It was during this conversation that the consumer expressed her desire to cancel her order. It was immediately canceled and refunded in full.

In parting, we wish the consumer the absolute best in her new mattress search.

Saatva Mattress Company Information