2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5
$200 off orders of $1000*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Saatva is a mattress company that offers eco-friendly mattresses designed for optimal back health. Its engineers compared top features from luxury retailers to combine them into a durable and comfortable mattress.

BOTTOM LINE

With a long warranty and eco-friendly materials, Saatva is an affordable luxury mattress built to last. While Saatva mattresses can’t be tried out in person, the 180-day trial makes it easy to return if necessary.

PROS

• 180-day trial
  • 15-year warranty
  • Eco-friendly materials

CONS

• Limited options
  • Can’t try in person

Top Saatva Mattress Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Excellent company for a mattress purchase. I had purchase a mattress over 2 years ago and I recently had a problem with it. I had no problem reaching a knowledgeable and tentative representative that was able to resolve my problem by offering a brand new mattress replacement.

The latex mattress is more comfortable than any I’ve slept on even in luxury hotels. It’s also healthier for you. Usually they start at 2 1/2 times the price of the Saatva brand. Delivery was fantastic and they took my old mattress. Love this mattress.

Saatva Mattress Shop Now

What is Saatva?

Saatva offers three firmness options for its mattresses: plush soft (soft), luxury firm (medium) and firm, all at the same cost. While 80% of customers choose the luxury firm style, the flexibility lets customers of different sizes and with different preferences choose the right one for them.

All Saatva mattresses come with a 180-night sleep trial that offers a full refund, minus the $99 transportation cost. Saatva mattresses come with a 15-year, nonprorated warranty. During the first two years, Saatva promises to replace your mattress for free if deemed defective. In years three through 15, mattresses are repaired and re-covered for the cost of transportation ($99).

Saatva mattresses

Saatva mattress prices

Saatva mattress prices range from $799 for a twin mattress to $1,799 for a California king. Customers can add an adjustable base for an additional cost between $1,199 to $2,498. The company also sells foundations and frames for $380 and $119, respectively.

Saatva offers 0% APR financing to help customers cover the cost of their new mattress. The company’s white-glove delivery includes free mattress removal, so customers don’t have to pay to get rid of their old mattress.

Saatva FAQ

Where can I buy a Saatva mattress?
Saatva mattresses can be purchased online through the company's website.
Where are Saatva mattresses made?
Saatva mattresses are made in the U.S. at one of its 19 independent manufacturing facilities.
Do Saatva mattresses need a box spring?
Not necessarily, although the company does recommend some sort of base for the mattress, such as a platform.
Where can I try a Saatva mattress?
Customers must order a Saatva mattress online to try it out, but the company has a 180-night return policy.
How long do Saatva mattresses last?
Saatva mattresses are built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage. They come with a 15-year warranty.

Is Saatva a good mattress?

Saatva is a good option for customers who want to invest in a luxury mattress without breaking the bank. With its 15-year warranty, Saatva mattresses have a fairly long lifespan compared to industry averages. And, with 0% APR financing, customers have the option to pay it off over time. Many innerspring mattress companies don’t offer firmness options, so Saatva’s three different levels sets it apart from the competition.

Saatva Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: June 28, 2020

We purchased this mattress in 2020 to replace an old Serta. I was having stiffness in my lower back and very concerned about arthritis. I decided just to take a chance on the Saatva mattress because I read it was made in America and the Classic Luxury Firm is good for back pain I felt I had nothing to loose. I realized you can't tell by laying on a mattress for a few minutes if it was going to be satisfactory and the website looked compelling

I can honestly say the first night I was blown away by the fact that the pain in my body was gone when I laid on the mattress. I could breathe easier and could feel the support. It honestly is like laying on a cloud but being supported. It seemed to even make breathing easier with the torso support. Weeks later I can honestly say I don't lay awake in bed at all and I can jump up in the morning completely rested and without stiffness anywhere.

It seems too good to be true even to me. I am not exaggerating when I say buying the Saatva Luxury Firm Full Mattress was the best purchase I have ever made. I would never have thought that buying this mattress could do so much for me. You wake refreshed and alert and ready to be active. Not sluggish ready to rest again. Don't hesitate. We are buying a 2nd now for another room in the house and will be recommending this mattress. Thank you Saatva. The customer service and quality of the merchandise make this a truly remarkable and unbelievably wonderful experience. Thank you so much for the Luxury Firm. Not hard or soft but just right.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I had an issue with the products I had purchased, not a quality issue, just a snafu as to a couple of missing items beyond the items ordered. I dragged my feet about calling, but when someone inadvertently hit a button on the adjustable base remote I emailed to ask about the other items and mentioned that we had somehow messed up our remote. I received a call, a CALL, not 3 to 5 minutes after from Saatva customer service. On a Saturday night. From the NICEST man on the planet. Not only did he apologize for the snafu from over 3 months ago that I was too busy to email about and assured me he would send it right out AND someone to install the correct legs of the base. He fixed my remote. He fixed it. Over the phone. Not his job, not the company's job, but he did in 2 minutes tops. I asked what the heck he was doing still working on a Saturday night. He said they were there 24 hours to help. Yes, 24 hours.

I simply cannot say enough about this company. We purchased this bed for my 98 year old mother. She is a tiny thing and like the Princess and The Pea, she feels everything, so the topper we are getting will make what is already a marvelous mattress a divine one and her teeny, barely 5 foot frame will feel more secure with the shorter frame legs.

I do my research and this company had the most stellar reviews of all, particularly for our needs. If I ever, ever need another mattress or bed base, this company is who I am buying it from. Not only due to the great product but also the remarkably fabulous customer service. The lovely Barry, who I purchased from, was also a delight. But the man of the hour is the gent who saved us on Saturday night and swiftly made a 98 year old very happy and very comfy. Thank you, Frank and Saatva.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Purchasing was made easy with awesome customer service (the attribute I value most as a consumer)!!! Saatva representative, Gloria (NY) was so incredibly kind, friendly, and flexible with my busy schedule that she even called back multiple times at the need of unexpected interruptions I had to tend to... all with a cheerful- happy-to-serve attitude!!! She effectively and efficiently worked to make my purchase seamless!

I’ve been researching beds for quite a while and I am hoping for all that I anticipate from what I’ve studied and read about In this company and this mattress! As for yesterday in my purchase transaction, I am so drawn to the customer service of personalization and quality thorough attentiveness I experienced! As advertised, quality customer service, was probably the biggest influence for me to try and trust this mattress company!

As an only parent for 16 years, I’ve still slept on my childhood bed all these years because there is always a greater need, BUT NOW I’m investing in what I long for: a luxurious quality night’s sleep! Regardless, if the mattress works out for me or not, the purchasing assistance I received eased the anxiety I felt spending this steep investment- especially from only going off online reviews/research! (As a teacher and only parent, my budget doesn’t allow for marginal spending beyond necessary living expenses, but by trimming a little from each spending category, I’m so happy for the highly hopeful night’s sleep coming my way!!!) To be continued... :)

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I researched a number of mattresses before landing upon the Saatva site. I was seeking a new mattress for myself and one for my wife. My needs were very specific as I have had major back surgery one year ago and have recently been diagnosed with herniated discs in the L4 and L5 area. (Too much golf I guess.) I was looking for a supportive mattress and Saatva had a top of the line innerspring mattress with additional support in the lumbar region. The site itself was very informative and descriptive and I looked at all of their offerings, both innerspring and memory foam, before settling on the Classic (innerspring) Mattress, Queen, 11.5" Luxury Firm for myself and my wife chose the Classic (innerspring) California King, 11.5" Luxury Firm for herself. The purchase process was smooth and they have a chat area available with any additional questions you may have.

I like the fact that Saatva offers a white glove delivery service that sets up your new mattress and takes away your old mattress. This is especially important since I am now suffering with severe back pain and sciatica and cannot lug around mattresses by myself. I am looking forward to our custom made mattresses being delivered and set up. I will report on that aspect of the process when it is completed and I have had a chance to sleep on the new mattress for awhile. I will also report on how my wife responds to her mattress.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Saatva Classic Mattress Plush Soft. After weeks of research I chose the Plush Soft, my wife prefers a softer mattress and I was in need of one for good back support. I have had nerve problems in my back and got to the point where I could not get a complete night's sleep without waking up with horrible pain in my back. My wife was also having shoulder problems but was unaware that our mattress was the cause till we got our new Saatva mattress.

We ordered our mattress on Tuesday and were surprised to receive a call Saturday telling us that they would be delivering the mattress on Monday morning. We live in the DFW area. The movers that delivered it were on time and so nice. They made sure everything was to our liking and hauled off the old mattress. I noticed that the mattress felt very firm so I contacted customer service. They verified that I had received the plush soft, explaining that it could take 2 or 3 weeks for it to "break in". They were right. In less than a week we noticed that it was getting softer. After about 3 weeks it was just perfect, soft but supportive.

It has been about 2 months since getting the mattress and I have no more pain when I wake. I also find that I am sleeping not only better but longer as well. My wife's shoulder pain is also gone, which is a bonus. We had no idea it was caused by the old bedding. I know there are cheaper mattresses out there and some have rave reviews. I like most like to save money but I think this mattress is a bargain every night I go to bed. The excellent customer service and warranty is a bonus.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Saatva is a company with the highest quality products and services. Their foundational commitment to delighting customers is evident in every aspect of their organization—indeed, it is the bedrock of their brand. As a previous quality consultant with a Fortune 500 company, I rate Saatva "A+" for its dedication to delivering an outstanding experience in the quality of their mattress lines, in the highly dedicated customer service organization, and in their contracted third parties who deliver, set up and service their products. When customers have so many choices, it is a surprising rarity to experience the real thing in quality. If you are looking for a great night’s sleep and the assurance that you’ll be satisfied with your total mattress buying experience, you need look no further than Saatva. I'm so glad I did!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I am on my feet as a healthcare worker approximately 10 hours a day and come home to spend even more time on my feet as "Mom". My back and hips were hurting all the time the past few years! While sleeping, each time I'd roll over I would have to use the backboard for support to move my painful hips and back. I would wake up exhausted from having to roll over into different positions trying to relieve the pain! I have been a Saatva owner for less than a month and already feel an incredible difference in my lower back pain and hip pain. I am so relieved!! I sleep so much better, wake up less and can move more freely. I can't believe a mattress can make such a difference in my well-being! I have so much more energy now and can move so much better on the job! The mattress arrived with white glove delivery. I was well informed of the scheduling time. I didn't have to lift a finger...just got to enjoy my new mattress! GREAT purchase!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Ordered Hybrid Mattress, they charged my account immediately upon receipts of order. After 16 days I contacted by chat to obtain an update on my order. I was informed there was no update and I should try contacting them in another week and they might have an update. I asked what was their average delivering time now with the pandemic. They advised me they did not have that information. So I ended the chat and tried calling customer service. You just get a recording that advised you they are overwhelmed due to the pandemic and you can either leave a message or text them. I went back to Chat and canceled my order. Let's see how long it takes to get my credit! Extremely poor customer service. If they have no idea as to when they are going to be able to complete your order then they shouldn't charge your card until they are ready for delivery.

Saatva Mattress response

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We are very sorry to have lost your business, however, rest assured every penny has been refunded to you in full.

As the world attempts to navigate through the effects of the global pandemic we are currently living through, our business has been diligent with providing our customers their expected delivery time window before they purchase.

Our quoted time windows are on every invoice, including yours, along with a message explaining that it may even take an additional 10 days. I find it very important to note you were on day 16 out of your 9-30 day window when you requested to cancel your order.

We apologize that our representative did not take the time to set up the correct expectations during your chat. We understand that had an impact on your decision to cancel, and are looking into this chat for training purposes.

All that said, we thank you for considering our mattress and wish you the best of luck with your new mattress.

All the best,

Kristel E.
    Director of Customer Satisfaction

The Saatva Company

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

***TERRIBLE QUALITY MATTRESS*** I purchased a king-size luxury firm a few weeks ago. The stitching was all over the place, more than 100 loose threads, loose stitching, uneven stitching around the pillow top, and multiple black stains, as well on the mattress, but more importantly it sagged about 1 1/2 inch deep for about 5-6 inches from the top or bottom (depending on how you place the mattress).

I also ordered foundation and frame, and the frame was bent and didn't fit the foundation properly. I called customer service the same day it was delivered. I argued that the mattress seemed refurbished and not new, and the frame, as well, since it was banged up. The rep said that they only send out new mattresses... Anyway, he offered to exchanged it. About a week later, I also called them and asked them to send me a firm mattress as the luxury firm felt too soft since I sleep on my back and suffer from lower back pain. They accommodated that request, as well.

Fast forward a few weeks later to today, 8/25/2020. I took delivery of the exchanged mattress - firm. Not only the stitching is all over the place as was in the first mattress but the sagging at the top/bottom is a lot deeper (more than 2 inches) and much wider (I measured 2+ feet of sagging). So, basically, as you look at the mattress, you see a dip, not even a gradual dip, but just a step-down dip about 2/3 the length from the top. In other words, 2/3 of the mattress is at least 2 inches higher than the other 1/3.

Can't even begin to think how bad the sagging is going to get, say, 2 years down the road if it sags like this before anyone has even had one night's sleep on it (or maybe someone had many nights and it's refurbished mattresses they are selling for new... and who the would know for sure?) I've had it with this company. I will be calling them and requesting a return after I have a chance to purchase a new mattress from somewhere else since Saatva picked up my old mattress and I have no other mattress in my house currently.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Hi, We got our mattress in January of 2016. So it has been 4.5 years. Originally it was good but sadly the mattress now sags so much that it is horrible to sleep on. We are buying a new mattress this week from Original Mattress Factory and throwing this one out.

Queen Size 11.5” Luxury Firm Mattress 1 $899.00