Shop Now

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.9/5 (1482 ratings)

About Saatva Mattress

Saatva is a mattress company that offers eco-friendly mattresses designed for optimal back health. Its engineers compared top features from luxury retailers to combine them into a durable and comfortable mattress.

Pros

• 180-day trial
  • 15-year warranty
  • Eco-friendly materials

Cons

• Limited options
  • Can’t try in person

Bottom Line

With a long warranty and eco-friendly materials, Saatva is an affordable luxury mattress built to last. While Saatva mattresses can’t be tried out in person, the 180-day trial makes it easy to return if necessary.

Top Saatva Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Excellent company for a mattress purchase. I had purchase a mattress over 2 years ago and I recently had a problem with it. I had no problem reaching a knowledgeable and tentative...

Verified

The latex mattress is more comfortable than any I’ve slept on even in luxury hotels. It’s also healthier for you. Usually they start at 2 1/2 times the price of the Saatva brand. ...

What is Saatva?

Saatva offers three firmness options for its mattresses: plush soft (soft), luxury firm (medium) and firm, all at the same cost. While 80% of customers choose the luxury firm style, the flexibility lets customers of different sizes and with different preferences choose the right one for them.

All Saatva mattresses come with a 180-night sleep trial that offers a full refund, minus the $99 transportation cost. Saatva mattresses come with a 15-year, nonprorated warranty. During the first two years, Saatva promises to replace your mattress for free if deemed defective. In years three through 15, mattresses are repaired and re-covered for the cost of transportation ($99).

Saatva mattresses

Saatva mattress prices

Saatva mattress prices range from $887 for a twin mattress to $1,974 for a California King. Customers can add an adjustable base for an additional cost, between $1,199 and $2,498. The company also sells foundations and frames for $380 and $119, respectively.

Saatva offers 0% APR financing to help customers cover the cost of their new mattress. The company’s white-glove delivery includes free mattress removal, so customers don’t have to pay to get rid of their old mattress.

Saatva FAQ

Where can I buy a Saatva mattress?
Saatva mattresses can be purchased online through the company's website.
Where are Saatva mattresses made?
Saatva mattresses are made in the U.S. at one of its 19 independent manufacturing facilities.
Do Saatva mattresses need a box spring?
Not necessarily, although the company does recommend some sort of base for the mattress, such as a platform.
Where can I try a Saatva mattress?
Customers must order a Saatva mattress online to try it out, but the company has a 180-night return policy.
How long do Saatva mattresses last?
Saatva mattresses are built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage. They come with a 15-year warranty.

Is Saatva a good mattress?

Saatva is a good option for customers who want to invest in a luxury mattress without breaking the bank. With its 15-year warranty, Saatva mattresses have a fairly long lifespan compared to industry averages. And, with 0% APR financing, customers have the option to pay it off over time. Many innerspring mattress companies don’t offer firmness options, so Saatva’s three different levels sets it apart from the competition.

Saatva Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: April 11, 2021

Throw out the bed in the box and get this! We tried three well known beds in a box, woke up with pain with all of them. After doing a ton of due diligence, I went with the Saatva Classic (plush) and this bed is a slice of heaven! We sleep more soundly, dream more, need less sleep yet wake up refreshed but don't want to get out of bed! LOL. Oh and no more hip or shoulder pain (for those side sleepers out there). Lastly, customer service is awesome and respond in a timely manner. A+.

Rob,

We are so grateful for your support!

We are thrilled to read that you are enjoying your mattress, and experience with our company.

We continue to wish you many years of restful sleep on your Saatva mattress!

Take care.

Best,

The Saatva Company

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2021

This review is about the return process not about the mattress. I hope it helps if any of you were like I was and on the fence with trusting a home trial not having a bunch of fine print. My wife and I purchased a Saatva Classic Luxury Firm. It was NOT the mattress for us. The first 4 nights I loved it. Then my back (I have a L5/S1 spondy) got worse and worse. We tried it for 140 days. That’s how much we hoped this would work as we are so tired of the mattress hunt.

At 2am, On the 140th night, uncomfortable and frustrated, I called the 1-800 number expecting to yell at a voicemail. A live person answered and processed my return within seconds. Didn’t try to sell me on an exchange or make a bunch of stupid suggestions like adding toppers etc. Literally, all the person said after I gave my information was “I am so sorry the mattress did not work out for you. I have processed your return claim and you should receive an email within a few days with instructions.” The whole call took less than 30 seconds.

I had the entire refund minus 99 dollars for the return fee in my account within 48 hrs! It might have even been later that same day. 4 days later, I received a text with a number to call a local service and schedule the pickup on a day of my choosing with a 4 hour time window. I am blown away at the customer experience. They did what they said they would and did not try to make me jump through a bunch of hoops or escalate calls. If you are thinking of trying a Saatva, feel safe doing so.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I called to ask when the sale would end. The sales rep. told me and gave me his direct line in case I had more questions. I thought price might have gone up so on the last day of the sale, before placing my order, I called to find out if it had and to ask if I could get the lower price from a week earlier. He gave me the lower price, answered all of my questions, helped me decide which mattress to order, offered the mattress cover without pressure of any kind (I did not purchase it), remained patient and professional throughout the call, and even offered to add a note to try and get my mattress delivered as soon as possible. Even if it doesn’t get to me any sooner, the fact that he wanted to help and that the company’s system allows for a note like that really made my day. I have nothing but praise so far for the Saatva Mattress. Thank you for making my experience such a positive one Tom.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

My wife and I have had our king size Saatva mattress for six years. We are large frame folk, with a collective weight of about 430 lbs. This Saatva mattress has been excellent. After six years it still doesn’t have body impressions ( we rotate mattress every 6 months). We always look forward to getting home from a trip and back to the Saatva. It is important to get the firmness that best works for you however, but you’d be hard pressed to beat the quality of a Saatva mattress for the price! (this was an unsolicited review, we just wanted say “thanks Saatva!”)

T.

Hi Ted,

We are thrilled to read you are loving your Saatva mattress!

We remain grateful for your business,and continue to wish you many nights of restful sleep on your Saatva mattress.

Have a great day! :)

The saatva Company

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I am on my feet as a healthcare worker approximately 10 hours a day and come home to spend even more time on my feet as "Mom". My back and hips were hurting all the time the past few years! While sleeping, each time I'd roll over I would have to use the backboard for support to move my painful hips and back. I would wake up exhausted from having to roll over into different positions trying to relieve the pain! I have been a Saatva owner for less than a month and already feel an incredible difference in my lower back pain and hip pain. I am so relieved!! I sleep so much better, wake up less and can move more freely. I can't believe a mattress can make such a difference in my well-being! I have so much more energy now and can move so much better on the job! The mattress arrived with white glove delivery. I was well informed of the scheduling time. I didn't have to lift a finger...just got to enjoy my new mattress! GREAT purchase!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 25, 2021

Ordered my bed going on 35 days ago, still hasn’t arrived. Quoted 7-29 days for delivery due to Covid delays. I was patient And understanding until we hit the 30 day mark, check my order status online. Showed it was still in the “ordered” phase not even into the production phase. My order date had also been changed to “invalid date”. I called to find out what was going on. I was met with very condescending tones, a lot of “I’m sorry”, “I understand” and minimizing the delay. “Well yeah, we do say 7-29 days. We’re just shy of that”. Just shy of it? It’s not even been made yet! They also used Covid as the reason for the delay, I’m understand about this except at this point it feels like they are abusing it. I was promised a call back that day, didn’t happen.

Next day I called again. Same thing, demeaning tones, a lot of insincere apologies and a promise to follow up with me that day. Suddenly now my online status shows in production after I’ve called and made a fuss? I never got a call back, so once again I called, you guessed it.. Same bit, it’s as if they are all trained to apologize in that fake insincere tone, dance around the issue instead of providing resolution or action, and then promise you they will “personally” look into it. It’s such a theatrical experience. However, This call was told the delivery team had tried calling me that day to schedule, yet I never received a call, no voicemail was left and they couldn’t tell me when exactly they had called. Then said, "Well let me find out if they actually have it ready."

Anyway, the call back to follow up on that never happened, so the next day… Yup, I called. Again. This time I asked for a manager, I was told they were on break and would call me back. I didn’t hold my breath. Surprisingly, they called. No surprise I was greeted with the same tone that makes you even more annoyed when you’ve already been pushed past your limit of patience. A lot of “I’m sorry” and dancing around the issue, I stated I wanted action not words, the discussion became heated because the going in circles And not providing a solution or proper compensation for the delays was infuriating. I had made this order under the impression I would receive it in 7-29 days.

Here we are almost 35 days since I ordered and they want to offer me a measly $100 credit, with still no guarantee date of delivery? How insulting. When they said someone would call me early next week to arrange delivery, and couldn’t provide a date, I got fed up because I will not be available next week, nor will I be available for some time as my availability date is unknown at this time, as I am dealing with a family health issue in another state. No one will be there for the delivery. I was banking on having my mattress here within that 29 days that would put me in the clear before I’d be unavailable.

Ultimately, I felt belittled when I asked for him to stop apologizing as it’s infuriating and when I asked to cancel and be refunded he said, “Okay we'll get that order canceled, and I know you don’t want to hear this, but I’m sorry.” (In that snarky tone) Almost like he wanted to take a final dig, like they get off on being that way or something. Never in My life had I been so frustrated with a customer service experience. Will definitely be taking my money elsewhere. And after reading some other reviews on here where they have responded, you can tell in their responses how they are so rehearsed in speaking in circles, and well versed in insincere tones and apologies. Literally makes my skin crawl.

Saatva Mattress response

We are very sorry to read the thoughts the consumer has shared, and apologize for any inconvenience she may have experienced.

With this said, we have always strived to provide our customers with an excellent experience. We pride ourselves on being amongst the highest-reviewed companies nationally for both our products and our customer service. We have worked very hard to earn our pristine reputation. We feel there are statements the consumer made in her complaint, which are incorrect, and from which we must defend ourselves.

First off, the consumer's order is not late. The customer was quoted 17-29 days, plus a possible additional 2-weeks, for delivery on her sales receipt. We are well within that time frame. The mattress has been handcrafted and is at our delivery partner's facility. In fact, they called the customer last week (the call is date and time stamped) in an attempt to schedule her in-home white-glove delivery and set-up.

We will research the consumer's claim that she felt our CSR's were talking down to her. As she herself stated, they apologized for her disappointment with us, so we're not sure what they allegedly did wrong. If however, it turns out to be the case that any of our team members were anything less than empathetic and helpful, they will be disciplined accordingly. We must add in our defense, that it is documented that the consumer verbally abused one of our managers with profanity-laced language.

It was during this conversation that the consumer expressed her desire to cancel her order. It was immediately canceled and refunded in full.

In parting, we wish the consumer the absolute best in her new mattress search.

The Saatva Company

Original review: July 19, 2021

After surgery I needed a new bed, I ordered Saatva because of all the great reviews. My ship date was moved 3 times, the last time I called twice and talked to two different agents. The first one told me that the mattress was ready, they were just waiting for the base, no time frame for delivery. I found a suitable base to purchase. Called back and was told that the mattress was NOT made. I was told possibly 3 weeks or perhaps five...I ordered this early in June and now we are talking August delivery. I did see on their website that they were having a further sale, why continue selling if you do not have the materials. The only good thing is I was able to get a full refund within days. Found a great mattress and base that were delivered in one week.. Just be honest with customers. Bottom line can't be trusted.

Resolution response: July 18, 2021

Kristel E from the Saatva company issued a $150 refund for our troubles. The delivery delays due to COVID19 were expected per the website, however the communication lapses with T1/T1.5 tier support people were less than ideal. Kristel & the company assure they are working on this and it's a temporary issue with a supplier.

In the end we received an excellent high quality mattress albeit a bit delayed, and a refund for our issues with the tech support/chat folks. As a result I am now happy with the experience & new rating reflects this. Thank you.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Buyers beware, Is your company still in operation? We are starting to worry about the $2,500.00 we spent on your products. We placed an order on June 6th, 36 days ago. We expected to receive the goods by 6/27 at the latest per the window on your receipt. This was the mislead. We then opened a support ticket on July 2nd, we were promised a follow up call "after the holiday weekend". That follow up call did not come. I then had a support chat on 7/10, 2 days ago on Saturday. The support person said they’d “call the manager”, whatever that means, and didn’t get an answer. We were then told “he would get back to us Monday”. It’s Monday 7/12 at 8pm and nobody has contacted us, let down by the Saatva company yet again.

So we've desperately emailed, chatted, called, all of it to figure out where our mattress or our money is, desperate for someone to reach out to me or my fiancé to ensure we haven’t been scammed out of $2,500. I cant even tell if this is legitimate at this point. We're out a mattress, cant get answers, and I'm now in the process of desperately looking up the CEO on LinkedIn in attempts to send a private message.

Saatva Mattress response

We are so very sorry to read the thoughts this consumer has shared, and apologize for any inconvenience caused to them.

Our goal since the inception of our company, has always been to communicate with our customers effectively, and sincerely apologize that we have fallen short here.

I am happy to report, that I have been able to speak to this consumer and am actively working with him to resolve this matter. We remain grateful for the opportunity to assist them!

The Saatva Company

Original review: June 30, 2021

I placed my order #** on 6/13/21. According to their progress indicator, my order of king mattress and bed frame were produced on 6/16/21 (impressively quick). I called them the next day to schedule the delivery and while I couldn't speak to a live person, I left a voicemail. Few hours later someone returned my call and assured me that my order will be delivered ASAP, I should expect a call within the next 48-72 hours to schedule the actual delivery. I also stressed out to that CSR that I am traveling for the 7/4 weekend and I will be away for a while, so I want the bed and mattress delivered before my departure. (Their system automatically calculates 21 days of production/delivery, so at the time of me placing the order, the scheduled ETA was set to 7/4/21! Right, someone will deliver my stuff on July 4th!!!)

Well, 3 days later no one actually bother to call me, so I followed up with an e-mail and voicemail (there is no other way to reach them. Well, unless you cheat their AVR that you want to place a new order). Then I received two e-mails (6/23/21) confirming delivery scheduled for 6/29/21, within the timeframe of 1 pm-6 pm. Today, 6/29/21, since no one from the white-glove delivery company called me to confirm the delivery I called SAATVA to ask them to relay to the delivery team the access code to my community, and one very angry CSR told me this is impossible as they are en route but I should stay put because they will be on time and call me when at the gates! And they did not!

By the time I am writing this I haven’t heard from SAATVA nor the delivery company. One simple call with an apology for the delay, for whatever reason – Covid, the truck ran out of gas, it is rainy in Texas, etc., would’ve been a gesture of common courtesy. But no, they are arrogant liars. It would’ve been a different story if the delay is due to broken supply chain, but my order was manufactured and ready for delivery since 6/19/21 – 10 days ago!

So I assume two scenarios – 1. They have difficulties with the supply chain (but the progress indicator doesn’t make sense then) or 2. They wait until someone with goods of the kind in my order decide to not keeping them past the 180 days trial period, so they can go collect the bed and mattress and dump them to me. I will likely cancel my order and go with a different company (Macy’s are great), along of course reporting them to BBB!!! DO NOT BUY FROM SAATVA!!!

Saatva Mattress response

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this consumer has faced, as a result of miscommunications with our team.

We are thankful this consumer shared their experience, as it has allowed us an opportunity to work on the concerns they shared.

I am happy to report, our team has been in contact with this consumer, and is currently assisting with their delivery. We remain grateful for the opportunity they have provided us to make this right.

The Saatva Company

Original review: June 29, 2021

Absolute WORST mattress bying experience EVER!!! Purchased a King Loom and Leaf Mattress that was SO HARD it left bruises all along the left side of my thigh, along with the frame. Requested a return of the mattress after months of promises that it would "contour to my body" and needs to be broken in, because it was so ridiculously uncomfortable. It was so bad, I opted to sleep on couch instead. They refunded my entire purchase, including the frame which I intended, without my consent. Now they're telling me I can NOT keep the frame THAT I PAID FOR, because THEY refunded it, and it would be too much of a hassle to do whatever they have to do administratively to just charge me for the frame alone.

Once I decided I didn't want the mattress anymore, the customer service went completely downhill. The only way I could get someone on the phone (because CS doesn't pick up, and you have to leave a message -- they never return your call) was to dial in and select the "new customer" option as if I wanted to place an order. They have reps to take new orders, but never any to help existing customers. Typical. Not to mention I scheduled a pick up...delivery was supposed to be here at noon, and arrived after 4 pm when I was in the middle of a training, so I had to send them away. And I'm STILL waiting for them to schedule another. Absolutely ridiculous.

Saatva Mattress response

We are very sorry to read the thoughts this consumer has shared, and for any inconvenience caused by the pick up of their mattress. While feedback such as this is rare for any of our mattresses, we respect the objective opinion of their experience on our mattress.

As a hard-working American company, our goal is to provide our customers with a great experience, even in the event a consumer decides to return their mattress. As such, and in good faith, this consumer was refunded in full. We wanted to allow them the ability to purchase a mattress elsewhere, while their pick up was arranged.

I have personally called this consumer multiple times today, as I wanted an opportunity to address the thoughts shared. I have also emailed this consumer, providing them my personal contact information. The consumer has not returned any of the many attempts made by me today, and instead, has sadly reposted this review across many sites.

We continue to wish them luck on their mattress search.

Saatva Mattress Company Information