4.38/5
Based on 105 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Saatva mattress is an ultra-premium, eco-friendly Saatva, sold exclusively online for under $1,000. Saatva mattresses are built with a distinctive high quality feature known as 'coil on coil' construction. Our lower coil unit offers a connected hourglass shaped steel support base. Our top coil unit features a luxurious individually wrapped coil system that contours and responds perfectly to your body, eliminating most motion transfer. This construction coupled with our advanced euro pillow top, can only be found in ultra premium mattresses .

Our 11.5 inch Saatva mattress is also compatible with adjustable bases, including the Lineal adjustable base. Lineal provides weightless zero-g support with a whisper-soft motor and wall-hugging design.

Saatva offers exceptional customer service. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone or live chat at saatvamattress.com with any questions about our products or your order. We also provide in-home set up and old mattress take-away service if you need it.

Saatva is truly mattress buying made easy.

Saatva Mattress Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 9, 2018

2914 Saatva Mattress Consumer Reviews

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 9, 2018

I suffer from lower back pain and after some extensive research I settled on the Saatva luxury firm mattress. One the things that sold me was reading that they are the recommended mattress of both the Chiropractic and Orthopedic Associations of America. I was not disappointed. The first night on it was an improvement from my 10 yr old memory foam mattress which I don't miss at all. I will admit it is a little bit of an adjustment going back to an inner spring mattress after a firm memory foam mattress but I love it now. It is more comfortable than my memory foam ever was. I have never bought anything as large as a mattress online before but it was an all around great buying experience. I'd recommend Saatva to anyone.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 8, 2018

My husband and I had been sleeping for a couple of years on a mattress that was well past its prime and we were both losing sleep... It was getting to be a real issue with back pain. We then went to a FIRM Mattress chain, bought a 1800 dollar king mattress and when we got it home, it was so chemically smelling that we both got sick and had them come and get it the next day. We closed it in a guest room because it was smelling up the whole house! it was so horrible!! One week later and much more knowledgeable about mattress chemicals and manufacturers, I ordered the King Firm Plush from you online. It was fast, easy, organic and we waited.

I was nervous about site unseen purchasing. It was delivered without delay to our home two days ago, and if its possible, WE ARE IN LOVE WITH THIS MATTRESS!!! We are sleeping, it does not smell, and it's just plain GLORIOUS and so so comfortable!!! The delivery was flawless and I have not been so happy with a company or a buying experience in a long, long time. Organic pillows are next. Made in the U.S.A., all good. THANK YOU SAATVA! WE LOVE THIS MATTRESS! Sleep is good.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We placed our order online yesterday, an extremely pleasant experience. Had one question for Customer Service. It was answered promptly and thoroughly to my satisfaction. The ordering experience was flawless and user friendly. Have received three informative emails since. Quite happy 'so far'.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Great telephone assistance. Received hands on assistance in completing my transaction online. Jasmin was kind enough to wait while I took measurements. Also two other ladies whose names I don’t know was very helpful.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We've only had 2 nights of sleep on our new mattress. I can't review on it yet but the delivery was pretty much the worst delivery I've ever had. The company Saatva doesn't actually deliver the mattress. If you live in the NW, they outsource it to a company. Not going to mention the company because I already tried to inform them. It was almost comical how bad these guys were. They couldn't have been in more of a hurry. They never introduced themselves. Helped themselves to our bedroom by never asking what bed they were moving out. Bent/forced the 17 hundred dollar mattress around our hallway corner when there was a much easier option, by going into the office first then down the hallway, (moving stuff 101). While they were forcing the bed around the corner my wife shrieked loudly as they slammed into a picture frame which came apart, even bending both nails in the wall while leaving black marks on the wall that I'll need to paint.

I was able to push the frame back together so willing to forgive and forget but it's technically broke. The apology was so lame. After we left we found a plate/picture we have mounted on the wall lying on our kitchen table. It's difficult to remove or install. It made absolutely no sense and all I can come up with is they removed it so they could lean the box frame against the wall. Why? I am not sure at all. So many places to store a box mattress for 2 minutes. You don't even need to lean it against a wall. It only makes sense if they were high. They slid our boxsprings down our wooden floors. They were wrapped in plastic still but so strange and lazy. They didn't wear booties or ask if they should remove their shoes. They took a picture of our bed after they put it together which was only weird because again it was our bedroom. I assume why he took it was for proof of some kind but a little heads up would be appreciated, otherwise it's just super creepy.

So much more unusual stuff but my main points are given. My wife and I thought it was important to give others the heads up. I want nothing from this review but for the higher powers to know there is an issue with this kind of service. If I was the owner of either company I'd be embarrassed and I'd truly want to know. I tried reaching out to the delivery company to no avail. In the end it's on me and I should have told them to slow their roll. I was truly in disbelief and at a point early on just wanted them out of my house. I understand that a lot of delivery companies might be a little like this but you're not allowed to call it a "white glove delivery service".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have not yet taken delivery of the Mattress so I cannot rate the overall quality or comfort yet. If the mattress is only half as good as the ordering and customer service has been it will be the best decision I made on purchasing a mattress. Placed my order and before the 24 hours had passed I received a text to verify that the order was correct. I immediately responded and within a minute or two I received verification and was told that my mattress had started in production... I cannot wait to receive my mattress and will post another 5 star review after sleeping on my new bed. Also as an after item... I had read that they give a veterans discount. I emailed them and within an hour I received an email and a credit on my credit card for the discount. I also received a thank you for my service to our country. I wish all companies had the standard of excellence that I have experienced from Saatva.

Original review: March 27, 2018

It took me several months to decide where to purchase a new mattress. I decided on Saatva after much research. Ordering is easy. They are very responsive and go the extra mile to be sure you have purchased the mattress and box spring that are right for you. The time from purchase to delivery was 8 days. Great customer service.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Just ordered my mattress so I can't speak of the quality of it as of yet but ordering the mattress was easy and straightforward. Website is set up nicely and the reviews for the mattresses are off the charts. So far excellent communication regarding the order status. Good communication is one of the keys to a good company while keeping the customer informed along the way. Looking forward to my new mattress. Thank you.

Original review: March 26, 2018

The ordering process was fine UNTIL I entered the zip code of 02557. All of a sudden I was confronted with an unexpected stipulation indicating that I would have to contact a trucking company should Saatva's representatives not be available to deliver and set up. I have contacted Saatva for resolution. Should my order be completed as requested, I will gladly change my rating to 5 STARS. Please direct delivery and set up so as to be completed to all of our satisfactions. Thank you for your review and follow up.

Original review: March 21, 2018

After researching the seemingly unlimited choices for a replacement mattress decided to give Saatva a go. If you are reading this you likely already know that any and everything that you may want to know, need to know or didn't think you should know can be found at their website. Learned a LOT. Was not an easy decision, but after deciding what I did not want the options were reduced. Hopefully an aching lower back, caved-in latex and not a great night's sleep will all be overcome once new Saatva Luxury Firm KS mattress arrives. Order process has been quick and easy. Will let you know how delivery turns out. Really looking forward to experiencing this mattress. More to come...

Original review: March 20, 2018

Fantastic, easy and pleasant transaction. I ordered on Sat.17 2018. Wendy was my rep from New York. She was so accommodating and so very comfortable to talk to. A lovely personality. Your company is very lucky to have her in your employment. I was so susceptible of ordering such a purchase without seeing the mattress. Your updated emails on my mattress is very reassuring. Waiting now to have it arrive. Thanks so much.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Ordered Sunday, received an immediate response confirming my order, and processing same, Monday morning. Excellent, fast response to confirm my order. Instructions to proceed were clear, timely and precise.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Ordering and buying a mattress from Saatva has been excellent so far. The ordering process is easy and precise to the last detail. The customer service also was the most satisfying experience I have had when buying online. I am looking forward to my new mattress and I am not expecting any difficulties with the delivery and set up service.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was contacted by the delivery company last Monday with a delivery day of Wednesday. I responded that their time frame did not work and requested a later time that day or the next day any time. I contacted them again the next 3 days, this being the 4th. I also contacted Saatva with my problem. They said it would be resolved. Still have heard nothing. I certainly have other options and will be cancelling my $4300.00 order.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I had a few questions concerning the mattress I was choosing and was able to have them easily addressed via chat. Excellent customer service and prompt, thorough answers. Extremely easy to navigate the website and place my order online.

Original review: March 16, 2018

So far, the online experience was great! Very pleased. I would like the chance to review again once I have received the mattress and had a chance to sleep on it. The agent was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions until I was totally convinced to order from SAATVA.

Original review: March 16, 2018

While shopping on the website, the chatting option was excellent! Very quick and thorough responses. Once our purchase was made, we immediately received communication via email and then via text. It is clear that Saatva is a very thorough and customer oriented company. This is one of the many reasons we chose to purchase our mattress from them. Extremely Pleased.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have been looking to replace my really old Serta Mattress. I visited a number of mattresses website and conducted my research. I finally, decided to go with Saatva because of the customer's reviews. The construction and manufacturing of Saatva mattresses and the price influenced my decision as well. Also, Saatva's 90 days risk free try gave me confidence. I hope I will not be disappointed when I start using my new mattress.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I don't like to take time to do reviews. But I felt this was deserved. I have been looking for a mattress for several months. I had been set on one then found Saatva. I chatted online at least 3 times and they helped me chose my new mattress. As I had never purchased a new mattress before I was lost in a sea of online mattress companies and emails and promo codes. I went with Saatva because of the reviews, choice of mattress heights and the organic materials their product are made with. After I ordered, I emailed a question and I received a reply within a few short hours, not days! I'm impressed and I haven't even received my mattress yet.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Steve "**" was very helpful when ordering my new bed. I have a planned vacation and need the bed delivered by March 30th; I wanted to be sure I would receive the bed prior to leaving or I would delay purchasing until I returned home. Steve told me not to worry and placed an expedited shipping on the purchase order. Steve was pleasant and most helpful with my ** purchase.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I placed my order on a Saturday evening around 10 pm. I was very impressed with their customer service being there at that time of evening on a Saturday. I was very pleased with the amount of attention they paid ensuring that my order was both accurate and most likely the correct mattress for my needs. I am looking forward to my mattress arriving so I can hopefully enjoy a much better night's rest than I have been.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I made my purchase online. The website was very user-friendly. Clear description of products available. Communication from them during the process of receiving the items that I purchased is excellent. I believe that I have made a great purchase from a company that aims at customer satisfaction throughout the process. Very excited to receive my mattress, foundation & frame. Home delivery and set-up is a definite plus. Delivery time is great.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I spoke with Teresa, a sales rep, over the phone and she was very helpful and made the buying process very simple and answered all my questions and concerns cheerfully. We are looking forward to receiving our mattresses. Based on your reviews, we feel we made the right decision.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Was very easy to place order, Les was easy to talk to on the phone. After reading all the reviews. I went onto FAQ. I found out if you're a veteran you receive a $50.00 Discount so I called back, I was told after 24 hours Saatva would send out another Email with the $50.00 discount. I Believe in what people were saying about mattress. Easy website to maneuver.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I was previously told that I would be contacted by delivery company by the following week. I still have not heard from delivery. I contacted customer service they were very helpful and promised to get in touch with the delivery company by Monday morning. This will be the 17th calendar day since placing my order on the 17th of February. Hopeful my mattress will arrive soon.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I made the mistake and didn't dig deep enough. They hide the bad reviews and now, after three mattress in less than a year, I'm stuck with a mattress that is lumpy and makes my wife and I sore. It's so bad I've been sleeping in the guest bedroom until I can save for a new mattress. I called today for the fourth time explaining my displeasure and was told they'll send me a free topper, but looking at the other reviews it I have zero confidence that will change things. It funny that they try to act like it's "your comfort issue" and the bed will break in. Shouldn't the bed be comfy from day one. I still have no idea how anyone that has owned this for three months could give it a positive review. I have never been this sore even when camping.

I took for granted that I touch maybe every day, and that sleep is very important. I would have happily paid 4x for a better product after going through the hell I've faced with this mattress from poor sleep, scheduling exchanges, wife's pain, and waking up sore every day. The last thing I want to be doing in my free time is typing reviews, but I hope this helps someone avoid the thousand dollar mistake I've made.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I purchased the Luxury Firm mattress from Saatva and had no complaints whatsoever, customer service was spot on, delivery was on time, just an overall great experience. Only problem was that the mattress was a bit too firm for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I still had a great night's sleep, and friends and guests called me crazy for thinking it was firm, but I just like my mattress a bit softer than most. So after much debate, I decided that I wanted the plush soft mattress instead of the Luxury Firm. I called customer service and without hesitation they fulfilled my request. They even offered a complimentary mattress topper for my current mattress that gives 15% more softness but I decided to go with the plush soft mattress instead. They delivered the new mattress and picked up the old and I couldn't be happier. Never slept so well in my life. Saatva gave me the best customer service and product hands down and I will forever be a loyal customer.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

The Saatva website makes it easy to determine which items are best for you. We needed to call the customer service number instead of just ordering online due to the military discount offered. I spoke with Gloria, who walked me through the entire process of ordering our new mattress. Gloria was friendly, knowledgeable and very efficient at her job. We are looking forward to sleeping on our new mattress and getting a good night sleep.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Have only ordered our mattress at this point but found it very easy to do so. I accessed the Saatva online chat twice and then called customer service at the number given in the chat. Responses in both situations were clear, directly answered my questions and very helpful. I decided to call customer service simply because I had multiple questions and it was easier to talk to someone. The customer service rep asked relevant questions which helped me make my decision but I didn't feel pressured to purchase more than we needed. I did place the order directly through customer service which was painless. I was told I would receive an email confirmation within 15 minutes and I received it in less than five. So far, I have experienced excellent communication with Saatva.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I called Saatva about 6 times in all with numerous questions and concerns regarding my mattress purchase. I never realized how stressful buying a new mattress could be. I was lucky enough to speak with a Team Leader who made this whole experience just wonderful and easy. I learned a lot from her! Although I have not received my mattress yet I believe that great customer service from a company makes it successful.

Saatva Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Saatva Mattress is a mattress company dedicated to bringing consumers luxury mattresses at affordable prices. The company only sells mattresses online. The product is a pillow top with a coil-on-coil design. They offer three designs, Plush soft, Luxury firm and firm, and two thicknesses, 11.5” and 14.5”.

• Eco-friendly: Saatva mattresses are made with recycled tempered steel, bio-based foams and an organic cotton covering. They are never processed with toxins or formaldehyde.

• Low price: By selling its mattresses exclusively online, Saatva eliminates many costs associated with mattress stores, allowing the company to sell its luxury mattress at a fraction of the price of comparable brands.

• Made in the USA: The company makes its mattresses in the USA, supporting the U.S. economy and providing jobs for Americans.

• 75-day home trial: The company lets customers try out a mattress for 75 days to ensure customers are completely happy with their purchase. Note that customers are responsible for the delivery charge and will only be refunded the price of the mattress if they choose to return it within the 75-day timeframe.

• In-home installation: Saatva installs its mattresses directly in your home and even offers mattress removal services.

• Warranties: Saatva offers a two-year replacement warranty and a 15-year non-prorated repair warranty.

• Best for: Saatva mattresses are best for parents, health-conscious people and luxury product shoppers.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Saatva Mattress Company Information