4.1/5 (200 ratings)

About Saatva Mattress

Saatva is a mattress company that offers eco-friendly mattresses designed for optimal back health. Its engineers compared top features from luxury retailers to combine them into a durable and comfortable mattress.

Pros

• 180-day trial
  • 15-year warranty
  • Eco-friendly materials

Cons

• Limited options
  • Can’t try in person

Bottom Line

With a long warranty and eco-friendly materials, Saatva is an affordable luxury mattress built to last. While Saatva mattresses can’t be tried out in person, the 180-day trial makes it easy to return if necessary.

Top Saatva Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Verified

Excellent company for a mattress purchase. I had purchase a mattress over 2 years ago and I recently had a problem with it. I had no problem reaching a knowledgeable and tentative...

Verified

The latex mattress is more comfortable than any I’ve slept on even in luxury hotels. It’s also healthier for you. Usually they start at 2 1/2 times the price of the Saatva brand. ...

What is Saatva?

Saatva offers three firmness options for its mattresses: plush soft (soft), luxury firm (medium) and firm, all at the same cost. While 80% of customers choose the luxury firm style, the flexibility lets customers of different sizes and with different preferences choose the right one for them.

All Saatva mattresses come with a 180-night sleep trial that offers a full refund, minus the $99 transportation cost. Saatva mattresses come with a 15-year, nonprorated warranty. During the first two years, Saatva promises to replace your mattress for free if deemed defective. In years three through 15, mattresses are repaired and re-covered for the cost of transportation ($99).

Saatva mattresses

Saatva mattress prices

Saatva classic mattress prices range from $935 for a twin mattress to $1,932 for a California King. Customers can add an adjustable base for an additional cost, between $1,249 and $2,598. The company also sells foundations and frames for $418 and $129, respectively.

Saatva offers 0% APR financing to help customers cover the cost of their new mattress. The company’s white-glove delivery includes free mattress removal, so customers don’t have to pay to get rid of their old mattress.

Saatva FAQ

Where can I buy a Saatva mattress?

Saatva mattresses can be purchased online through the company's website.

Where are Saatva mattresses made?

Saatva mattresses are made in the U.S. at one of its 19 independent manufacturing facilities.

Do Saatva mattresses need a box spring?

Not necessarily, although the company does recommend some sort of base for the mattress, such as a platform.

Where can I try a Saatva mattress?

Customers must order a Saatva mattress online to try it out, but the company has a 180-night return policy.

How long do Saatva mattresses last?

Saatva mattresses are built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage. They come with a 15-year warranty.

Is Saatva a good mattress?

Saatva is a good option for customers who want to invest in a luxury mattress without breaking the bank. With its 15-year warranty, Saatva mattresses have a fairly long lifespan compared to industry averages. And, with 0% APR financing, customers have the option to pay it off over time. Many innerspring mattress companies don’t offer firmness options, so Saatva’s three different levels sets it apart from the competition.

Saatva Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

We have been married 48 yrs and needed a new mattress for quite some time. I shopped the stores by foot and online, Saatva Mattress kept coming up as #1. I did the Saatva mattress test, it suggested the Luxury Firm. During conversation with a family member unknowing they had purchased the Saatva Luxury Firm 1 yr, prior so we went to see and test it. The mattress covering was gorgeous and well made. I called Saatva CRS to confirm all the wonderful info my sister-in-law relayed and read over the online reviews for the 2nd time. It seemed to be a "no brainer" with the 90 day return policy so, I ordered the low profile box spring and low profile mattress in the Firm not Luxury Firm.

Delivery day arrived, 2 great guys, spoke highly of Saatva and also as an employer. First week seemed firmer than expected, I called Saatva CRS, they sent a beautiful topper at no charge to help us ease in the mattress. 4 months have now passed, the memory foam topper has deep indents where our bodies lie and there are slight indents in the mattress with puffiness in the middle. We have been turning the mattress along with the topper from head to foot every month since our 1st night because we are weary. We are not large people, one weighing 150 and the other 145, we are comfortable sleeping on the mattress and hope that it continues to provide the support we need as we age. So far, so good, keeping our fingers crossed....

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Ok, I've had an Amerisleep for a while and it was ok but starting to sag and making our backs hurt (in our 50's). In our guest room we bought a purple mattress, which is also good but a little too firm in my opinion, both were delivered in a vacuum-sealed bag and 1/8 or less their actual size, and they are both foldable. Not this one, it may have foam in it but it feels lifts (is rigid enough to lift one side without it folding) and sleeps like a real mattress. I love it. I forgot how much. I actually like a real mattress, there's really no sinking feeling when I lay down, like the others, I'd say it's slightly less firm than the purple (even though at first on the purple you sink a little), but overall the Saatva more supportive if that makes sense. I bought the standard firm, but the extra thick version. Hope this helps you decide (if you ask me if it folds it will not last as well).

I'm very happy with my decision. I watched all the different Youtube reviews (so you don't have to) where they test all mattresses against each other, picked the best overall of those (Dec 2021) not the ones that said how great the model they reviewed was, this is the one that stood out. Also, this mattress was behind the person talking the most, another giveaway that he liked it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I have needed a new mattress and box springs for some time, and I was hesitant to buy without seeing the product. But, I read the reviews and found that Saatva was highly rated and has a great return policy, There were a few negative reviews, but even those customers seemed able to return their mattress. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I loved the new mattress. It is very comfortable. I called the customer service number and after answering a few questions, and learning about their mattresses, I chose the Queen Luxury Firm mattress. I like a softer mattress and my husband likes a firmer one. He is also a very warm sleeper and this mattress is cooler than a foam or soft mattress. I also bought the waterproof mattress protector and the Talay mattress pad.

Due to an unexpected medical emergency, my daughter briefly was bedridden, and she used the mattress pad for a couple of months and we had to remove her box springs due to the bed height and she used the Talay mattress pad as it greatly increased her comfort. I loved the mattress without the mattress pad, and find that it is even better with it. It is the most comfortable mattress I have ever had, and I have always bought good mattresses. The entire experience was easy. Delivery and set up was easy. I didn't have to do anything. The mattress protector and mattress pad are of very high quality. Although I was prepared to pay for the items outright, they offered an easy, no interest repayment plan that took advantage of. I would highly recommend this product and this company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

We had the opportunity to stay in a number of 5 Star Resorts around the world. Several of these offered mattresses of extremely fine comfort. Looking at the various manufacturing labels, it surprised us to find Saatva. This is a company with which we were not familiar. Went on-line, checked out the website, read the reviews, contacted their customer service and ended up placing an order for their Classic King, Luxury Firm Mattress. Best sleep of our lives. That was 10 years ago. I am over 6 feet and 200 pounds. My Wife is 5'6" and 135 pounds. We do not disturb each other moving around the mattress.

Three years ago, we moved to our forever home in The Villages, FL. The moving company destroyed our Saatva by bending it in half. It recovered to a degree but was never the same. I called Saatva to order a new mattress as a replacement. They saw that we had a previous order and inquired if this was a new mattress order for another bed. I told them the story of the moving company. The Customer Service Representative said our 15-year warranty was still in force.

I explained the damage was not due to faulty construction but to an outside vendor. She said it did not matter, it was our warranty. They provided a new Classic King Luxury Firm Mattress at half price (remaining warranty), provided the same White Glove Service (in-home delivery, old mattress removal at no charge) and full new 15 - year warranty. For the best sleep of your life, high quality construction and materials as well as the best warranty in the business, you cannot go wrong with SAATVA. Made in the USA.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

This was the best decision I ever made. I expected a hassle with purchasing a mattress online but the hardest part turned out to be just making a final decision for which one. Ordered, confirmed, delivered very quickly. Set up in 10 minutes, old bed hauled off. Bing, bang, boom... It was that unbelievably easy; the easiest major purchase I've ever made. And then there's the icing on the cake. I LOVE MY NEW BED AND PILLOWS!!! And couldn't be happier with my decision.

I have a damaged lumbar disc and have had constant back pain for several years, even with ongoing chiropractics, so I recently decided to shop for a good 'Back' bed after having visited friends and slept on other beds noticing some difference. The Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm Mattress with the adjustable frame has made a HUGE difference and I no longer wake up with a backache. It has also significantly reduced the overall discomfort I typically experienced throughout the day before. I felt guilty and self-indulgent buying such a high-end bed, but it helped as much (after just the first night) as several years of chiropractics and continues to do so. If you are looking for a great bed for an achy back, these memory foam models with the adjustable frame are the very best investment.

I included the Saatva Pillow Set and have loved them as well. I've tried several pillows from other resources this past year and was still unsatisfied searching for the right support. The heavy, condensed loft on these offer excellent support and comfort. I've had my new set up for 5 mos now, and still haven't needed my heating pad since. I'm sleeping better, am more comfortable, and have much more agility throughout the day than before. So happy. Best thing I've ever done for myself. Truly a wonderful bed. Extra divine, I'm certain, even for someone without nagging back issues.

Resolution response: Jan. 28, 2023

The representative from SAATVA got back to me quickly after I posted my review and worked to resolve the issue by replacing the mattress with a softer more plush one. As it was just delivered today, we have not had the chance to sleep on it yet. However, the company's response and willingness to reach out to us was very positive and much appreciated. We are hoping that this mattress is much more comfortable than the first one was. The updated rating is for the customer service I received, but as we have not used the mattress yet, it is too early to comment on that.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

In Early 2021, my husband and I moved to a new house and purchased a SAATVA Mattress. We read all of the positive reviews online and ordered the middle firmness one that was supposedly the most popular. The ordering, set up and delivery process went well, but from day 1 the mattress was not comfortable. It was so hard, it was like sleeping on concrete. We did call the company and they said there would be a break-in period, and they suggested we use a topper, which they sent. Well, we tried their topper, and it did not do much. Then, we purchased a thicker, more plus topper to go on and it helped a bit for a few months.

Almost two years in and we both suffer from back pain, hip pain and toss and turn all night. It is just awful. There are times at night where I can hardly turn over because I am experiencing so much back and hip pain. The mattress also has developed some indentions and ridges in the time we have had it as well, even though we have turned it regularly. Since we have had it for almost 2 years, our only option at this point is to go purchase a mattress from a different company. Hopefully, this time we have better luck.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

This is a gimmick pure and simple. The mattress is junk. Luxury firm is like sitting in a waterbed. Literally - it has sidewalls surrounding the mush center. While waiting for this pile of wet noodles to be removed from the house, we pushed the mattress aside and are sleeping on a $100 air mattress instead. The sheets are ill-fitting junk with the lowest quality imaginable. I put up a review on the website and verified it - but Saatva won't post it. Shady, shady company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

Hello, I just received my King Size Saatva mattress and Adjustable Base Plus with Santorini bed frame. I paid over $5700 for this and waited a month. What a disaster!!!! As the assembly guys were setting it up I noticed they were constantly discussing (in Spanish) problems with the bed. They then tell me, the furniture frame was made defective. There wasn't enough holes to secure to the frame. Also, the mattress keeps shifting and doesn't secure firmly to the base. There is only one velcro on top on base that is attempting to hold the mattress in place.

The ADUSTABLE Base massage is VERY LOUD and doesn't seem it was properly installed..The assembly guys said, "It will be quiet when the mattress and someone is on it." Not TRUE. Then I was told the mattress was rubbing against the base when they raised the head, so they will have to raise the bed. They also told me my order came with 2 extra pieces. 1 frame board and another very large metal frame for headboard. I had to call SAATVA and let them know what has transpired. I was told I had to setup another appointment for a new Santorini. I would be credited $200. As Gloria was setting up the appointment, I was told 3 to 4 weeks for next appointment. Then she tells me, "The Santorini is out of stock." NOW I have to wait months possibly.

THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT THE EXPERIENCE, QUALITY OF WHAT I READ ON THE WEBSITE. I purchase the LINEN Santorini for $1,500+ and have nothing. I have to sleep with no headboard. There goes my special Christmas present. I understand things happen but from the start this has gone wrong. I had to accept this because I have no other mattress. I got rid of knowing this was coming today. PLEASE SOMEONE FROM CORPORATE CONTACT ME WITH A BETTER RESOLUTION THAN $200 credit.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Saatva says you get a 365-night home trial when you purchase a mattress from them. I purchased a mattress and decided it was way too hard and I couldn't sleep on it. I called twice (couldn't get a human) and sent 5 emails in total over the course of two weeks. I used an email tracking app to see if they read the emails... They read all of them but never responded once. Now I am stuck with a bed that I can't sleep on and I'm out $2,000. I definitely learned something by shopping at saatva.com - when shopping for a mattress, never purchase a bed you can't touch first no matter what they 'promise'. Their website says "We’ve built our reputation on being here for you, before and after you make a purchase." That is a complete lie. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I brought a Mattress from Saatva and this mattress is the worse Mattress I have ever Purchased, I wake up with back pain and I will never buy anything from this suck hard saatva mattress.com.. And whoever said this saatva have great mattress is a lie, don't buy from this company, being honest is the best way to go and to be. I wasted my money and they say for returns, they steal part of my return. Xo ox ox..I give a big fat "0" if I could..

Saatva Mattress Company Information