Call toll free
4.38/5
Based on 132 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Saatva mattress is an ultra-premium, eco-friendly Saatva, sold exclusively online for under $1,000. Saatva mattresses are built with a distinctive high quality feature known as 'coil on coil' construction. Our lower coil unit offers a connected hourglass shaped steel support base. Our top coil unit features a luxurious individually wrapped coil system that contours and responds perfectly to your body, eliminating most motion transfer. This construction coupled with our advanced euro pillow top, can only be found in ultra premium mattresses .

Our 11.5 inch Saatva mattress is also compatible with adjustable bases, including the Lineal adjustable base. Lineal provides weightless zero-g support with a whisper-soft motor and wall-hugging design.

Saatva offers exceptional customer service. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone or live chat at saatvamattress.com with any questions about our products or your order. We also provide in-home set up and old mattress take-away service if you need it.

Saatva is truly mattress buying made easy.

Saatva Mattress Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2947 Saatva Mattress Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

So far one week tomorrow, I am enjoying this Saatva. I think I should have gotten the firmest one. At this point, it is better than my other one, no complaints there. But it is not as firm as I was hoping... How is this the best way to handle this... give it my time then let you know? All aspect of doing business has been fabulous, and your delivery was really a white glove experience. Nice men! I have already given out your name to two people, I do hope they buy one as well.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Great ordering experience. Website easy to navigate and very clear to understand what you need and what you are getting. Did lots of comparison shopping and this was the best and easiest ordering experience yet. Hopefully, this feeling continues when delivery time and actual usage comes in to play.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My King Luxury Firm mattress was delivered on August 9, 2016. The first year sleeping on the mattress was very comfortable but after that it began to sag where I needed the most support, right in the lumbar area. I tried sleeping on the other side (I’m the only one who sleeps in this bed and I weigh about 134 lbs). My husband and I turned the mattress around but again there was no support in the lumbar area. It seemed to sink right down. I removed the allergy cover and the mattress cover but that didn’t help. I looked under the bed to see if there might be a problem with the frame but there was not. I kept thinking it was too late to complain to Saatva but when my neighbor said she was thinking about getting a new mattress and asked me how I liked my Saatva mattress, I knew I had to call them to discuss this problem before I could fairly answer my neighbor.

I called Saatva on August 3, 2018 and spoke to a customer service rep. but did not write down her name. She was very understanding and indicated the mattress must be defective and would be replaced as soon as possible at no charge to me. This experience with Saatva proves that their product is superior and that they will stand behind it and do everything possible to ensure they have a happy customer. I will gladly recommend Saatva products to my friends and neighbors.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

So far everything has gone very smoothly... I’m looking forward to receiving the mattress. The person that helped me on the phone very polite and knowledgeable. I still can’t believe I ordered a mattress online. I’m a little nervous about the product and as indicated looking forward to receiving it to inspect the quality and comfort.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I ordered the 11.5 Luxury Firm Mattress Full as I wanted a spring coil mattress that was fairly firm. The price is very reasonable but it is one of the best mattresses I have ever slept on. I had a rotator cuff shoulder injury, which was made so much worse by my previous mattress. After a week on this, my shoulder pain has eased hugely and I am sleeping very well. I highly recommend. I had never purchased a mattress without trying before, so it felt like a risk-- but read all the long review articles on mattress websites to see if it's for you. If you want great full body support, without the slosh and sink of memory foam, yet a slightly soft padded top layer that eases your bones, this is for you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My wife and I have extensively researched purchasing a new mattress. We feel Saatva has the best mattress at the best price for our needs. The buying experience has been easy, from Saatva's website to their professional staff via phone calls (three). The first phone call was at around 11 pm one evening and the gentleman answered all my questions regarding the product (14.5" Luxury Firm Mattress & 4.75" Split Foundation). The next two phone calls were after I placed the order at the Saatva website, one call from me and then a return call from Saatva within a half hour. I needed to be sure of delivery scheduling due to various reasons and once again they answered all my questions to complete satisfaction. So far, so good!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

The representative who initially took my order for a new mattress did not include the removal of the old mattress. I called several days later to check on the status and had the correction made. I appreciate the last representative who was very understanding regarding the necessary delay in setting up delivery. She was compassionate and was supportive in resetting the delivery. I look forward to receiving my new mattress, its installation and removal of the old one.

Resolution response: Aug. 3, 2018

I had just hit "Send" on this initial review and got a call from Kristol E - their Dir of Nat'l Reviews. She promised to stay personally involved and has been true to her word which I appreciate. I reiterated how impressed I was with their initial order process and timely feedback but shared my disappointment in getting it shipped after being informed it had completed production. Having run a "build to order" manufacturing plant myself for 26 years, I informed her that I knew well that sometimes people make mistakes ... but from that point it's how they respond / take care of the customer... and after that, dig into the "what happened/ how do we prevent it from reoccurring. She agreed and took actions to return me to "happiness" and provided periodic updates and check in personally. I believe she "lit a fire" under their delivery partner who began contacting and reassuring me they would deliver by my "visitors coming today" date of 8/3. They did so.
The mattress looks and feels great, appears to be very well made, was well packaged/protected. Unlike some comments I've seen about new mattresses - there is no detectable odor. My 4 stars would be 5 if not for the delay.

Hopefully, all is well from this point forward. I will update on the comfort, durability, etc at a later date. Thank you Kristol for your follow through!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Initially felt justified in paying more for mattress than any time before. Not so much now. Order was processed quickly... good info updates including a notice that the mattress completed production on 7/2 ... and their delivery partner/hub would contact us in 3 - 5 days. THAT WAS 11 DAYS AGO and still no call to arrange delivery! Called customer service yesterday 7/30 - seemed concerned and promised we'd hear back that day. Not so... although they did call back to say the delivery folks were apparently "gone for the day... will call you tomorrow". Consistent with the issue. NO CALL AGAIN TODAY. Called customer service again tonight - "we're working on it". Still no word on a deliver date.

Saatva Mattress response

Hello Larry,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today.

As I mentioned in our conversation, I will personally continue to follow up with you regarding your order. We can't thank you enough for your time and patience. Have a great day!

All The Best,

Kristel E.
Director of National Reviews

The Saatva Company

Original review: July 30, 2018

I saw an advertisement for Saatva, and phoned to find out more. The woman I spoke with, Mara, was so helpful and informed, I bought two mattresses on the spot. Mara explained that the cost could be kept down by not having a showroom. I usually want to try out a mattress before purchasing, but was reassured by her explanation of the mattress fitting my needs, along with the video, this was the right choice, and I could save myself endless visits to mattress stores. I needed delivery on a date that wasn't within their normal delivery in my area, but Samatha, another representative was able to make that date work for me. I can't wait to sleep on their mattress. I will write another review later.

Original review: July 18, 2018

So far, I am very pleased with Saatva. I researched mattresses for the past year before ordering 2 of the Saatva mattresses and foundations. I am eagerly awaiting delivery and can review again after use. Ordering and Confirmation has been a breeze.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I haven't received mattress yet. Today I had a message from some woman who couldn't speak English very well and I couldn't understand anything except to call about my order delivery. This mattress is the only order I have so I called back and got some Logistics Co that wanted to know why I was calling. They were unprofessional and it was very confusing. Then they tell me they deliver on the one day I can't be home and I have to wait for a 4 HOUR WINDOW. So far, I am not impressed and have a bad feeling about this purchase.

Saatva Mattress response

Hi Erica,

Thank you for being a valued Saatva customer.

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. Once again I apologize for this delivery inconvenience. We genuinely look forward to making you another satisfied Saatva customer. As I mentioned, we are a phone call away to assist you should you have any other questions.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Kristel E.

Director of National Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2018

I had a very positive experience during the beginning of the purchase process but, sadly, there was a snag that was frustrating. Immediately after I placed the order, I asked if my delivery could be expedited. I was kindly assured it could be. I was told that I would receive the mattress on Thursday or Friday (July 5 or 6th) and that I would be called for delivery arrangements earlier in the week. On Tuesday (or Wednesday, I can't remember) I used the website chat to ask if the delivery was still on track. I was told in the chat that, yes, I would receive the mattress on Thursday. I was delighted, and thanked the woman I chatted with.

On Thursday at around 4 pm I called SAATVA to ask if delivery would still happen that day (I'd waited all day) and was told that I must have misunderstood. I asked if the person could retrieve the chat (since it was online)--he did retrieve it and saw that, no, I had not misunderstood. I had been misinformed. He apologized and asked if I would like the number for the delivery partner. I took the number and called. I was told by the partner that the order hadn't been received until Tuesday afternoon and, therefore, I couldn't be scheduled for delivery until Monday.

So... I am not unreasonable but I sure was disappointed. In this kind of situation in the future, I would recommend that a SAATVA customer service rep make the call to the delivery partner directly-- instead of putting it on the customer to do so. That felt like the brush off. It is my understanding that since the mattresses can only be purchased online, SAATVA promotes extraordinary customer service. This wasn't extraordinary service. I am hopeful that with the mattress delivery tomorrow, everything goes smoothly.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I purchased this mattress specifically because I was told, by several Saatva associates, that it has no odor on arrival. This was not the case. I am extremely sensitive to smells, so I checked beforehand with about 6 different salespeople, who assured me I would have no problem. This mattress has the strongest odor, and after calling the company, I found out, after the fact, that they infuse essential oils into the cover, and the smell is overpowering. If you like the smell of essential oils, which are very strong, then I suppose this mattress would be ok for you. It certainly does not smell like memory foam, but the essential oils are very much a strong odor. I was also told, after the fact, that I could be smelling the glue in the mattress. I feel that should have been disclosed before I ordered.

The customer service was very supportive before the mattress arrived, but not so much after. I have been given the company line about how the memory foam has no outgassing, which I believe, and that nothing is toxic in the mattress, which I also tend to believe. However, the issue for me, and anyone who is seriously sensitive to smells, and who asks ahead of time, is that we should be informed before the purchase so that we can make an educated decision. The wait time for this mattress is between 9 and 18 days of delivery, so I waited a very long time, in good faith, that this mattress would not have a smell.

I'm very disappointed in the advertising of this product, and I felt compelled to write this review. Having said this, I do like the mattress itself, at least I think I do. I can only lie on it for a minute before being overwhelmed by the smell, but it seems like a very good quality mattress. I am following the advice of the associates from Saatva and letting it air out for 48 hours. If the smell doesn't go away, I will then have to make a decision whether or not to return it.

Updated on 07/19/2018: I did return the mattress after a week of problems with the smell. When the mattress was removed from the house, there were 3 other people there in other rooms. They smelled the mattress throughout the house, the smell was so strong. It took 3 days with the windows open and fans running for the smell to fade, and 2 days after that, there is still a faint odor. For anyone with sensitivities to smells, this is not the mattress I would recommend.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have ordered a new Saatva Luxury Firm mattress, box springs and frame. Choosing to order over the phone and from the time I was connected to a person my experience was fantastic! This person was knowledgeable, friendly, thorough, explaining every question I had and truly made my experience easy, relaxing. And I am recommending Saatva to everyone I talk to.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We bought a Zenhaven mattress and it was possibly the most uncomfortable mattress that we have ever slept on. We called to return after sleeping on it for 3 nights. Severe back pain. No support, thin. The best part is we were within the 120 days and they refunded our money and picked up today. It simply did not work for us. No complaints about customer service.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Order date 5/30/2018. Receive 6/8/2018. I requested a change because the day I receive my mattress I saw a difference between the mattress and the frame I call immediately and told them. The agent said, "Stay with the mattress and you will get the correct size." I said ok. Today 6/19/2018 I decide to call and ask them what they do with the return mattresses and they told me. I told the agent if I can get a deal with the one they will take and they said yes. I paid $1321.50 from my credit card. So the amount I paid before the exchange was $1858.55.

So everything good when I get the other mattress. I get the mattress damages and I requested a change and at first they said no because I got a discount for the one I was supposed to exchange and I told them that was a deal that we made. So they offer $100.00 dollars off from $1858.55 and I said no. I call Klarna and told them what was going on, they told me they will call and see what they can do and I said ok.

Saatva called and said, "Yes we will exchange the mattress for you." And I decided to return the mattress because they gave me a hard time. At the beginning of the conversation I was upset, crying and they had told me at the beginning NO like one hundred times in the phone. AFTER THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY not fear. A NEW MATTRESS IN THIS CONDITION NOT ACCEPTABLE AND ALL THE TIME...

Original review: June 19, 2018

I don't generally purchase online, especially something as important as a mattress. I was leery, but after literally months of research and shopping, I couldn't find anything that came CLOSE to Saatva mattresses in quality or ratings (as well as other things that are important to me, like made in the USA, organic cover, coil on coil construction, eco company etc.). I was thrilled to learn they would let me order over the phone so I didn't have to put my credit card into out there. I spoke to Jia in customer service. She was VERY knowledgeable and answered all my questions. She made placing my order very easy. She was polite and kind and so far I am very impressed with this company. It's living up to all the great reviews I saw online. I can't wait to get my mattress. I will review again after sleeping on it for a while.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Well so far so good. The Saatva website is terrific and the buying experience was flawless. At every point where you might have a question there is a link to the answer. Additionally before I got very far into the process a chat bubble popped up and Walt at Saatva was there to help. In fact he quickly and completely answered my question about delivery. Less than 24 hours later I received the promised contact that my mattress order was in the works and that I would be contacted by the delivery service within 5 to 10 days. Now just waiting and hoping the mattress is as good as promised and as good as the buying experience.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Fabulous, prompt and reliable service as well as incredible. Return policy -120 days to return at no cost to me. Sold me this mattress with adjustable frame. 100% satisfactory and I sleep better with no gerd etc.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I ordered the bed because the customer service was wonderful. The representative was kind and patient. The representative cared and explained her answers so that I could make the decisions I needed. So far, I am happy with the service and I can't wait to get my mattress.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My mattress was exactly as advertised. Customer support is exceptional and price was more than worth what was paid. Overall I wouldn't trade it for any other I have owned.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We bought this mattress after researching several different ones. We had one that was only four years old, but was already sagging. This one has memory foam on top, but has springs beneath that make for a wonderful nights sleep. The first week we had it, I just laid there in the morning thinking how wonderful it felt. We've had it for six months and no sign of any sagging. It is the most comfortable mattress we have ever had!

Original review: June 2, 2018

Very easy ordering. I had a few questions and the rep, Chester **, was very helpful. I then placed the order with him. Today (next day) I received follow up confirmation to be sure order was correct. Looking forward to receiving our new mattress.

Original review: June 2, 2018

The mattress are made to your specifications. Saatva Mattress delivers and takes the old ones away. Everyone was amazing to work with and I love my mattress so far. I've had it for about two years now.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I received my Saatva mattress and love it. The quality and comfort is excellent. It is well made and meant to last a long time. The white glove delivery was as advertised. The company delivered the mattress on the day and time stated. They were professional and pleasant. Saatva customer service is awesome. They call you back immediately. They are pleasant and courteous and answer all your questions. They are very knowledgeable about their product and seem truly happy to be a part of the company. I would definitely recommend this product for anyway. There is a mattress that fits everyone's need and if you are not happy with the product, they will exchange it or take it back.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to order this mattress online. The reasons that I chose to purchase online were the positive reviews and the fact that your company will remove the old mattress.

Original review: May 29, 2018

So far so good is all I can say about purchasing our new Saatva mattress. The steps were super easy to follow, easy to understand details about the different choices, but not so many choices that your head spins. After purchasing the company has been in constant contact with me letting me know where and when to expect delivery of our new mattress. I can only hope the finished product will be as perfect as the buying experience has been so far.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have Multiple Sclerosis and need a very firm mattress. We were ready to order another iSeries Hybrid System by Serta. (Our 20 year old Tempur-Pedic was excellent - whomever bought them out has made them into disgusting giant soft marshmallows and the outgassing will asphyxiate you.) The Saatva Firm Mattress is built exactly like our iSeries but better: Very firm, excellent support, no huge goofy pillow top (the iSeries had no huge pillow top either), and cost approximately $1000 less than the Serta. $1000! We could not be happier. The product is fantastic. I’m not in misery in the mornings now. And I fervently hope Saatva doesn’t sell out to a big company.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I ordered a Luxury Firm from SAATVA 16 months ago after having soft pillow top mattresses that my orthopedic dr said was messing with my neck. The first month it felt really firm, but then I got used to it and started sleeping through the night. I had also ordered the taller foundation with the thicker mattress - big mistake. Too tall for my dog to jump on the bed. The company laughed and ordered a smaller replacement for $100 (I am sure it is more now), came out exchanged the foundations, and put the mattress back so I make the bed. No additional delivery charge! Wow.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We would recommend Saatva over any other brand. We had the best customer service we have ever had with a company. The Saatva mattress quality is great too. We originally ordered the Luxury firm but it was a bit to firm for us. Saatva replaced with the Plush soft. They were happy to replace and we quickly had our new mattress and they removed the one that was to firm. It is the most comfortable mattress we have ever had. We had bought a high end Beauty Rest from Mattress Firm just before we got our Saatva. Within 60 days in had collapsed in the center, and we paid almost $1000 more. It was terrible. Mattress Firm did not care and the manager of the store was rude. So we had them come get the mattress.

Saatva Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Saatva Mattress is a mattress company dedicated to bringing consumers luxury mattresses at affordable prices. The company only sells mattresses online. The product is a pillow top with a coil-on-coil design. They offer three designs, Plush soft, Luxury firm and firm, and two thicknesses, 11.5” and 14.5”.

• Eco-friendly: Saatva mattresses are made with recycled tempered steel, bio-based foams and an organic cotton covering. They are never processed with toxins or formaldehyde.

• Low price: By selling its mattresses exclusively online, Saatva eliminates many costs associated with mattress stores, allowing the company to sell its luxury mattress at a fraction of the price of comparable brands.

• Made in the USA: The company makes its mattresses in the USA, supporting the U.S. economy and providing jobs for Americans.

• 75-day home trial: The company lets customers try out a mattress for 75 days to ensure customers are completely happy with their purchase. Note that customers are responsible for the delivery charge and will only be refunded the price of the mattress if they choose to return it within the 75-day timeframe.

• In-home installation: Saatva installs its mattresses directly in your home and even offers mattress removal services.

• Warranties: Saatva offers a two-year replacement warranty and a 15-year non-prorated repair warranty.

• Best for: Saatva mattresses are best for parents, health-conscious people and luxury product shoppers.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Saatva Mattress Company Information

8 Wright Street, Suite 108
Westport
CT
877-672-2882
saatvamattress.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business