Craftmatic Adjustable Beds
4.71/5
Based on 317 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

"Craftmatic® is Rated #1 by Consumers Nationwide on ConsumerAffairs.com." Craftmatic® is the #1 brand name for adjustable beds, trusted for over 40 years. Over 1,100,000 Craftmatic® brand adjustable beds have been sold. The name Craftmatic® is synonymous with the adjustable bed. Craftmatic® enjoys a daily flow of referral and repeat business, demonstrating a high level of customer satisfaction.

The ratings for Craftmatic® reflect many actual Craftmatic® customers, some dating back to the 1970's. Since 2010, Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds have been sold exclusively in the U.S. through Craftmatic® Direct. Their Shop by Phone & Save® program offers a 30-day trial and mattress assurance program. Craftmatic® Direct has achieved an A+ rating with the BBB. Consumers seeking assistance may contact customer service, toll-free, For Prices Info and Service at (888) 495-2439.

A Craftmatic® Adjustable Bed with optional heat and massage may provide temporary relief of low back pain - minor aches and pains due to muscular fatigue or overexertion - edema or swelling of the legs - poor local blood circulation of the legs - symptoms of hiatus hernia - gastric reflux - night-time heartburn - The optional heating accessory provides temporary relief of mild arthritis and joint pain as well as muscle pain associated with stress and tension. Sleeping in an upright position may reduce or ease light & occasional snoring.

Home use only, not for hospital use or near tent oxygen or explosive gasses. Consult your physician before using massage option with a heart assist pacemaker. Go to craftmatic.com to review owners manual or call: (877) 389-9154.

View More View More

4359 Craftmatic Adjustable Beds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: May 17, 2018

I purchased a Craftmatic adjustable bed for its comfort and my experience with the sales rep was very good. I enjoy the most the adjustable head and feet parts.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My husband is invalid and having the Craftmatic adjustable bed has been very convenient to be able to help get him up and back down because the bed's head and feet do come up and down. We enjoy the vibrator feature of the bed the most too. Also, it was a very positive experience dealing with their sales rep.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had a good experience with the Craftmatic sales representative. My personal use is very welcome. I would recommend Craftmatic.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I like the reclining feature of my Craftmatic adjustable bed. I can recline and sit or lie there and watch TV. It's also easy to move around. Plus, I had a very good experience with the sales rep.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I purchased a Craftmatic bed out of my dad’s request to have a bed since he was 92 at the time. He was having trouble getting in and out of a regular full-sized bed and he needed one that would allow him to be sat up and then he could swing his legs over and get off the bed. With Craftmatic, you can use your own bed frame and they’re set up perfectly in his childhood wrought iron bed frame. He was tickled pink that he could still have that precious heirloom. He loves the remote control. He sits up a little bit with his knees bent and watches TV. He can also have his shoulders and head brought up to a sitting position. He’s very comfortable.

The reps were wonderful on the phone and they explained everything, especially making sure that the dimensions would allow my dad to use his wrought iron heirloom bed frame. They always like to touch base through email and phone calls and just make sure that things are still going well with the bed. Craftmatic's customer service is excellent and I’ve been very pleased on my father’s behalf.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress?

Original review: May 16, 2018

The experience I had with the Craftmatic sales rep, as well as the follow up done was excellent. I like it when the head of the bed raises up as it helps me.

Original review: May 15, 2018

My husband has ALS and we ordered this bed for him on the advice of his doctors. They were more than happy to take our money, but delivery has been a total nightmare. First a call saying “just checking to see if everything went well with your delivery?” What delivery??? We were still waiting for a call to tell us the bed was in the area and to let us know when it could be delivered. So they said they would get back to us. They didn’t. Two days later I called them to be told they were looking into it. I explained that my husband is very sick and he needed this bed. I was then told the bed could be delivered on Thursday. Too late. That would be over three weeks from when we ordered it and said we needed it on Monday. This was Thursday.

On Friday I was told that they were trying to find someone to deliver the bed on Monday. Trying to find someone??? You have a business that has to “find someone” to deliver your product? I was told someone would get back to me by the end of the day. They didn’t. So over the weekend I called multiple times, even going back to the man who sold us the bed, and finally got the shipping supervisor on the phone. This was after speaking to several other Craftmatic employees who were very rude and basically said there was nothing they could do. The supervisor said that they outsource their delivery from a company called Mana and that it was unlikely the bed would come on Monday. I explained that this was for an ALS patient who desperately needs this bed and this has taken way too long. She said she would try.

Then on Monday morning I get a call saying the bed would be delivered by 5:00 and we would receive a call from the delivery people a couple of hours before they arrived. So we assemble the care team needed to make this happen for my husband to move his paralyzed body from his current bed to his wheelchair where he waited all day in pain for his bed to arrive. By 3:00 I start calling to make sure we are still good to go because we don’t want to take apart his current bed until we get the call that the bed is on its way.

Long story short I was assured the bed would be delivered only to get a call from the delivery people 10 minutes later saying that there was no way they were getting the bed to us today. Somehow they didn’t even have the correct city we were in on the ticket which he said he didn’t even get until later in the day. So no bed on Monday. So now I have paid the extra caretakers to be there for the Monday delivery that never happened, and pay them again when the bed finally arrives. If this company would treat a man with ALS this way, I can’t imagine how they treat the rest of their customers. Horrible customer service. Just horrible. We have friends who were considering purchasing a bed for their elderly mother. After our saga they have decided against it. I am beyond angry.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I liked the reputation of Craftmatic Adjustable Beds, so I purchased a bed from them. The sales rep was very nice and helpful, and I couldn't have asked for better service. The bed that I got turned out to be better than I expected. There were better features and it was more comfortable than I expected. I enjoy the foam mattress of the bed the most because it's so comfortable.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I purchased a Craftmatic adjustable bed based on my son’s recommendation and it was a good experience dealing with their sales representative. I enjoy the lift elevation the most and we like the lights too.

Original review: May 15, 2018

In 2003, my back really bothered me and I couldn't lay on a flat bed anymore, so I bought my first Craftmatic. I ordered it over the phone and had it delivered, and the sales rep was very nice. I like the way the legs and the head of the bed elevate so I can do it flatly for my knees and my back, and I like the vibration as it hums me to sleep at night. My original was the king size and I really did enjoy it. But then I moved to a smaller home and it was just me, so I changed the size to a queen size and it was quite nice too. I recommend the Craftmatic to anyone. After six or seven years of using it, I no longer have any problem. I can now lay on a flat bed but still prefer to have some elevation. Also, when I had knee surgery, it was an absolute godsend to be able to lift the leg up for my knees. It was just unreal, how much the Craftmatic helped, so I really enjoy it.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The Craftmatic adjustable bed has a dual function which I enjoy the most. Also, the sales rep was very easy to work with and the experience was excellent.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have had a couple of adjustable beds and I kept one. They were used but they were wonderful. And a friend of mine bought it and was very happy with it. I always wanted to get a new one and I finally had a chance to do it. I bought a Craftmatic and the sales rep was very good and nice. I'm real happy with the bed's top part where I can sit up higher and do things right. And I also don’t see why anybody else would not be happy with the Craftmatic bed.

Original review: May 13, 2018

When I spoke with the salesperson there were a couple of "must haves" in the bed. One was heat and the other was that it would be as high as my current bed was. I was assured the bed had heat and that it had adjustable legs. Well when I received the bed neither was true. I thought ok maybe I can overlook this. But the massage is so loud, was to be "Whisper Quiet", that we do not even turn it on. I have had this bed for just over a week. I called customer service and spoke with Jackie. She was not what I would consider a customer service agent. She was rude, talked down to me and kept telling me to read my contract. She is telling me it will cost $999.00 to return it. Seriously!! Not sure where they arrived at that figure but I can guarantee I will not be paying that.

When I ordered the bed the person said there was a $90.00 charge for returning it during the trial period. I can maybe understand that but in my case I did not get what I was promised and it is definitely defective. I also asked to speak to a supervisor and was told one would call me. I am not holding my breath. I will fight through my credit card company now. If this gets published it is just to say BEWARE if you have a problem. As for the "white glove" delivery... that also leaves something to be desired. I have white carpet in my bedroom and they thought they were going to walk on it with their wet work boots. I asked if they had shoe covers but they said no. They were not always provided with them. They should be.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I got a Craftmatic adjustable bed for its quality and features. Its leg elevation feature helps relieve the swelling in my leg. The sales reps were knowledgeable and very professional, and I had a wonderful experience with them. Craftmatic has prompt delivery, good set-up, and nice follow-up. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: May 13, 2018

The Craftmatic sale representative who attended to me was very knowledgeable. I like the bed’s comfort as well as its adjustability for my reading.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I bought a Craftmatic adjustable bed for comfort and I had an excellent experience with the sales representative. I enjoy the comfort and adjustability of the bed that I got and I appreciate the follow-up from Customer Service to see how things are going.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I enjoyed every minute of my experience with the Craftmatic sales representative. He was wonderful and he walked me right through everything. I purchased a Craftmatic adjustable bed because of my breathing and it's a great bed. I like the up and down adjustments on the parts for the back and legs. My husband and I enjoy the bed and it is very good for my health. I feel wonderful and I would recommend Craftmatic to everyone.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I purchased Legacy bed from Craftmatic on 4/9/18 for $ 3,949.00. We were given a delivery date of Saturday, April 28, 2018 Time: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM. Craftmatic Pays Manna Distribution Services to handle the Delivery details... however Rainbow Movers actually delivers and sets up the bed. They NEVER delivered the bed. No call. No show. We had to sleep on the floor that night as we had gotten rid of our bed to make room for the new one. I then had to purchase an air mattress to sleep on. I called on Sunday no explanation as to where my bed was and told a message would be left for my sales rep. I asked them to call my cell as I had to work Monday.

Instead they called my house phone and left message my bed would be delivered on Tuesday May 1 between 8:30 am and 12:30 PM with no regards to the fact my husband works nights and he is in bed sleeping and I work days. I called Craftmatic and told them to cancel my order... they told me if I didn't accept the bed I would be charged almost $700.00 to send the bed back even though this is Craftmatic's mistake not mine. I was here all day this past Saturday waiting for my bed. If this is the kind of service you get when ordering, I can only imagine what happens when you need service for the bed. They took my money in full for this bed 3 weeks ago and still NO bed. Bad business. I highly recommend if you're looking for a bed to go elsewhere.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I bought a new Craftmatic King Size bed, but the remote control is not reliable. I have to unplug it and replug it, over and over, to get it to work correctly. Just wanted new buyers to watch out for that.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Our Craftmatic representative was very professional and helpful, and we were very pleased. I had owned a Craftmatic bed previously, and I purchased another one. I enjoy the raising of the head and the feet of my bed - it's very helpful.

Original review: March 28, 2018

The experience with the Craftmatic sales representative was very good. I purchased the bed because of friends and relatives and I like the lights underneath my Legacy bed. When we get up at night, we can see how to get back to the bed.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I had Craftmatic bed in Iowa 10-12 years ago. I got it on account of my legs feeling messed up and having my knee replaced so many times. They worked good for me. I put them up high until they get on the quarter end and it makes my legs feel a lot better. It's the best bed and everybody at Craftmatic was helpful.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I spoke with a person about ordering a bed from them. They asked me my age so I asked them why was that necessary and this ** hung up on me...well thank you.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

I am very sorry you thought he hung up. I checked the logs and you were disconnected while he was explaining why he was asking you questions. He continued to explain even after the call was gone. He was just trying to make sure that he was going to quote you the proper bed for your situation.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Craftmatic is a good choice for comfort and price - with the bed I can elevate my legs. Plus their sales rep was very good.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I've owned a Craftmatic for almost 20 years and I’d recommend it to a friend. It’s been a very comfortable bed and it's still in good shape. It didn’t ever sag and it hasn’t got any divots for how you sleep. But my puppy chewed off the cord to the remote thing that made it work and I’ve had the bed too long so they didn’t make the remote anymore. They ended up giving me a discount on a new bed and I still have a Craftmatic. The sales representative came to the house, showed me exactly what the motors looked like that make the bed shake and explained everything very nicely. He was really nice. That was why I went ahead and bought it.

I use the first one as a spare bed right now but the new bed is really comfortable and soft. When I'm really tired and my feet are puffed up, I put my feet and my head up, and turn on the vibrator so that it massages me a little bit. It helps put me to sleep when I'm really tired. When I have a cold, I'm able to put my head up.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The sales people of Craftmatic were fantastic and I enjoy the hands free wireless remote and the quietness of the operation of my Craftmatic bed.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We purchased a Craftmatic adjustable bed for the quality and price. I enjoyed talking to the salesman and he also enjoyed my talk with him. My boy is looking for a bed right now and I’ve talked to him about it already. We really like the bed and hope we have them a long time.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I enjoy the adjustments of the body with the Craftmatic bed, as well as having the head and the knees up. I’ve been a Craftmatic customer for 30 years and we’ve enjoyed them in the past. That’s the only kind of bed we buy now and I have recommended it to several friends as well. We purchased one over the telephone and we’ve also always had great customer relations with them. They come in, set up the whole bed and tell us how to operate it. It’s always been a nice relationship.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Craftmatic's sales representative was great! And with my Craftmatic bed, I can raise the head and it helps me with my back.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My Craftmatic bed is great for relaxing. I like being able to raise my bed up so I can read and raise my legs up when they ache. And I enjoy the bed tremendously. There were two guys who came and set everything up for me and they did very well. I would definitely recommend Craftmatic to anyone who has back problems.

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds Company Information