Craftmatic Adjustable Beds

4.8/5 (4728 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

Craftmatic sells adjustable beds and mattresses in twin, full, queen and king sizes. It offers three models with various features like wave massage, child safety locks, anti-snore positions and built-in lights. Each model comes with a remote control. Customers must order an adjustable bed over the phone and can return any product within 30 days.

Pros

• Wireless remote controllers
  • Safety lights and locks
  • Programmable positions

Cons

• Can’t order online
  • Must pay shipping for returns

Bottom Line

Craftmatic offers a number of adjustable bed options. Its models have different levels of comfort and convenience. Each model offers a wireless remote for easy use. You have to call for pricing and purchase.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Adjustable Beds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress?

Original review: June 19, 2020

I ordered a bed in April, 2020, I still haven’t received my bed. When I ordered I was told it would be delivered within 2-3 weeks. It’s June, 2020, still no bed. My husband and I made several phone calls to the company always being told someone would call us back, no one ever did. When we talked to anyone at this company they told us so many lies that they kept tripping themselves up, forgetting that they just told us opposite of what they just said. Example, my husband called wanting a refund, they told him we only do refunds on Friday, he said today is Friday, they tell him the one who issues refunds isn’t here today, she’s been really busy this whole week issuing refunds to other people, wait, I thought you just said refunds are only issued on Friday?!!

When you try to explain to them what you have already been told, they totally over talk you, so not professional at all. Not to mention how rude they all are. I wish I had known how this company operates, I would never have wasted my time with them. All I want now is a full refund. They should have never charged the credit card we used to pay with until our bed was on the truck heading to our house for delivery!!!

Original review: May 8, 2020

The bed is great. Especially good if you or your significant other have any health issues. For back sufferers or breathing issues this bed is perfect. The mattress has two sides as an option. Firm or not so firm.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Ordered a bed for my elderly parents April 17. No answer, no delivery. Horrible customer service. Filed a claim at the bank and BBB. Do not trust this company. This company is taking advantage of elderly people.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Do not consider Craftmatic if you are reviewing adjustable beds with the Craftmatic Company! I spend hours reviewing adjustable beds and settled on the Craftmatic because it was made in the United States. I read reviews and saw one con stating how unethical they are, there was more than that 1 review ~ I continued on after reading positive reviews also. I filled out an online request for more information and with 30 minutes someone called and talked about 45 minutes telling me about the company and beds. At the time it sounded good and what we were looking for; the salesperson was friendly and spent a lot of time with me. Well that all changed after I had placed my order.

I called at least 5 times to my contact person and also to the company. All I wanted to know at that time was to find out if we had a delivery date. When I called the main line each time I was told someone would call me back. No one ever did and my salesperson did not respond to my phone calls, emails, messenger or text messages. The red flag went up at this point. My husband was sleeping in a hospital bed in my living room so time was of the essence regarding delivery. Nothing! Of course our credit card was charged immediately and they received their money right then and there.

I called for the last time on April 27th to cancel our order. Not only had we not received our bed but we had no other communication from the company. The person I talked to was extremely rude, she said she she would cancel it but it had to go to 2 different departments before they could tell me if I would get a full refund. Why would they maybe not refund my $ completely as we had not received anything at all from them? What a joke this company is.

I have completed a dispute with my bank, contacted the BBB and now this review. No matter what they say in their response what I am telling you is completely true regarding dealing with them. I do understand the virus has delayed almost everything at this time, but we are in this together doesn't apply to Craftmatic. All I can say is "Caveat Emptor."

Original review: April 27, 2020

It is a great mattress. It is firm on one side and softer on the other side. I'm using the firm side and it is very supportive. I have not tried the softer side as I need former support. It is well made and great quality.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Everyone is telling you about how wonderful this bed is with all the wonderful choices on the bed. Yes yes yes. The best bed we have ever had. Sale Rep Steve ** was the BEST to work with. I'm here to tell you how much you get for the low cost. I did research with other companies and they all are so overpriced. You get everything you need including plush comfort at these lower prices. Do your own homework and you'll see it's WORTH EVERY CENT!!!

Original review: March 31, 2020

I liked how with the Craftmatic adjustable bed I could sit up, lie down or put my feet up. I got one and it has been a great bed.

Original review: March 30, 2020

Craftmatic was the only suitable bed for me and my wife. The vibrating feature helps with my back. The adjustability of the back and the lower part of the body are the highlights of the experience. Moreover, right under the bed is great too. We have pets and it’s great for hiding them.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I had a bad back for quite a while. It got so bad I couldn’t sleep flat on the bed anymore. I was sleeping on a recliner and my wife wasn’t very happy with that. She found Craftmatic on the internet and we didn’t waste our time. We purchased it and I've been sleeping on it ever since, and that’s been four or five months now. I just love being able to adjust the feet and the head up and down. I can get in a perfect position with my back.

They were also very thorough when they sold me the bed. It actually went so fast. I was like, “Wow, that was too quick.” Everything they told me they came through with. I also like the promptness. They gave me a date on when the bed was coming, and that’s the day it came. The gentlemen they had installing it were very professional and very neat with everything. We just loved the whole experience.

Original review: March 28, 2020

When I checked Craftmatic online, it looked like a good deal. Their rep was very nice and courteous. And when I’ve had to have a little repair done on it, it was handled very efficiently. I enjoy the bed's adjustable feature where I can watch television and have my knees up a little bit and the back up. I’m using it about eight hours a day and it has very comfortable.

Original review: March 27, 2020

We had a small Craftmatic many years ago and purchased another. The rep was a really nice guy and very courteous. He took care of my order lickety-split. I enjoy its massage feature the most. However, they should design the nightstand to move along with the bed.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I’m now on my second Craftmatic bed. I purchased my first one about 20 years ago. We loved it so much that when the other one broke, I had to have another one because I can’t sleep without it. The vibration relaxes me and helps me to go to sleep fast. The Craftmatic sales rep was excellent, too. I would recommend the bed to anybody. It’s the best night sleep that a person can get.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Craftmatic's customer service is excellent and the sleep on the bed is excellent. But until you’ve had that light and that vibrator, you don’t know what comfort is. I enjoy the bed's light that comes on in the night so you don’t fall or trip.

Original review: March 25, 2020

The Craftmatic rep was very nice and helpful. I had gotten the bed for my health. The movement feature can get my feet up higher than my heart so that I lose the water that I gain during the day.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I chose to get a Craftmatic for its reputation. I'm getting old and enjoy its adjustability.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I like the Craftmatic's head feature the most. It was good with their sales rep, too.

Original review: March 22, 2020

The Craftmatic sales rep was excellent. I wanted to be able to sit up and watch TV and be able to lift the legs if I wanted, which was why I got a Craftmatic. I just love the bed and I enjoy how its back raises up so I can watch TV.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I had an amazing Craftmatic sales rep. We had some camaraderie because we happen to come from the same part of the country originally. We had a great conversation and he was very informative. I had my bed for 10 years and now, I'm on my second one. I'm enjoying it very much and it helps me get through the day. I have a good night's sleep. Also, I enjoy getting my legs up and it gives me circulation. It's the best bed I've ever had and I'm glad. 10 years from now, I might be getting another one.

Original review: March 21, 2020

One night, when I was wide awake with the TV on and saw a Craftmatic commercial, I decided to call the number. At the time, I needed a new bed. I thought that the bed would be excellent because it's adjustable and vibrating so I took a stab at it. I love the sales rep. He was very charismatic and courteous. I appreciated his call. I love raising my legs up, which keeps my feet and legs from swelling. It feels great. I sleep much better and don’t have any back problems. I also love the vibration on the foot and the head. Mostly, I use it on the foot side. I wish I had bought it a long time ago.

Original review: March 20, 2020

My experience with the Craftmatic sales rep was very good. My back problems led me to purchase from them. I enjoy the raising of the head the most. It's the first bed that when I get in, I say, "Ah."

Original review: March 19, 2020

I just had hip surgery and I wasn’t resting well and saw the Craftmatic advertisement over the TV, which got me got to purchase a bed. The sales rep was wonderful. I told them I wanted a very soft mattress and I got exactly what I asked for. I love the mattress and I enjoy the way I can adjust the head and the foot of the bed.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I had gotten a Craftmatic for its features. I had an excellent sales representative. But the service with the delivery drivers was a little rocky. Otherwise, I have had a very good experience with the bed. I enjoy the raising up of the head and the feet. One part of the bed, however, did have the proper screws to attach the adjustment factor of the bed.

Original review: March 17, 2020

The Craftmatic rep was helpful and knew what he talking about. I got it for its rating as being medically made on medical standards. On it, I enjoy the zero-gravity position because it helps me reduce the retaining water, helps my back and gives me a good night’s sleep. It is a good bed, sturdy, and well-made. It has been a good investment.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I had a Craftmatic before and chose to get another one. I had a good experience with the sales rep.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I bought a Craftmatic bed in 1995. Great mattress & customer service. After 20 years I moved & sold it. We just bought a new split king & have had the worst experience. The mattresses are the worst ever. Customer service is the worst ever. The delivery & set up was awful. After spending $3500, I spent another $90x2=$180 for delivery to exchange mattresses. We would have to spend $995 shipping to return the bed. Customer service manager was rude & unhelpful.

I would strongly recommend to buy from a local mattress store & stay away from craftmatic. They are not what they used to be 20+ years ago.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

I am having a manager reach out to you to see how we can help. We are the only company that still accepts adjustable base returns. You are responsible for the shipping, however it seems the base is not the problem. I understand that the replacement mattresses we shipped have not been delivered yet. We will still check in to make sure you are happy with the replacements.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The warranty that came with the bed specifically states that defective motors are replaced free of charge less labor as long as you are the original purchaser. I was told the bed is obsolete. Craftmatic refuses to replace the bad motor.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

According to the factory that motor is over 20 years old. You did not purchase this from our company and the warranty is not with our company. Still if we were able to get that motor from the factory we would have been happy to help you. Unfortunately we were told that motor is no longer available new from the manufacturer.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

We ordered a bed then cancelled it a while later before delivery. Craftmatic claims they refunded over 3000 dollars to my card but no refund ever came. You ask for proof and they send you a bogus typed up letterhead that just says my name, master card, and the amount. Nowhere on it does it say the account number or anything identifying where the money was supposedly returned to. You call to try to get it and they give you the run around. Been calling for over a month now and jeep getting nasty people on the phone who won't listen to what you say. You ask to speak to Lydia who supposedly manages accounting and she refuses to get on the phone or call back. They robbed my money and refuse to send identifying proof that the money was supposedly refunded!!!! Buyers beware. They will rob you!

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

We previously answered your complaint with the BBB. Here is what we sent.

I am sorry your Mother is having difficulty. We refunded her account on December 23rd. I forwarded the email exchange with the bank to the BBB prior to writing this email.All charges and refunds are handled digitally nowadays. What was printed out was what we were able to see when we processed the refund. It is not all pretty and formatted and does not come on any official looking document. On the email exchange with the bank they notified us that they were holding the refund. This is your Mothers credit card company. We notified them to cancel the refund today and have issued a check refund instead to try and expedite this for your Mother. Again, we followed the proper procedure and refunded your Mother over a month ago. It is the credit card company that held up the refund. You may check with the BBB, I provided them the email exchange.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

One of the workers stole expensive $285 hunting knife from me. The 2 delivery persons came into my house - didn't know how to set up the bed. I had to help them figure out the directions. One of them left here with my personal - has my name on it - ** - hunting knife worth approx $280. This occurred yesterday afternoon Jan 13, during the delivery to **.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

We have tried contacting you many times about this issue but have been unable.

When your concern was originally raised the delivery company investigated your claim. It was discovered you had used the knife during the delivery and apparently mislaid it. Still a supervisor searched the drivers and their vehicle and did not find your knife. I was just informed that you are now claiming additional items we stolen.

I would urge you to contact your local police department to investigate.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I bought a Craftmatic at around 2007 and at first I loved the bed but then when it broke I called the company two different times about it and they were wanting me to crawl underneath to take pictures and send it to them or they could send someone out to do it and charge me over $200 bucks and then maybe fix it. Worse customer service ever to get out of really helping me.

I had a warranty and they didn't want to help me. Now that sucks. It was a good bed when it wasn't broken and when they use parts on the bed which broke easily not saying much for the bed or the company. Maybe they are better now but I won't be finding out soon because I went to a diferent company for a better bed. I've only had it a year this past July but the company is local and the person I talk to I told them the story and he said they would fix the bed if it broke. Well I hope I never have to find out if he's lying or not. So anyone buying a craftmatic is taking a chance in my opinion and the last call I made to craftmatic was almost 2 years ago so I hope they have change but I'm not counting on it or not referring them to nobody.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

I am sorry you are having difficulty. The bed you purchased in 2007 was not purchased from our company and your warranty is with the company you purchased the bed from. If we are able to get the parts we will be happy to have a tech come out and service your bed but again you did not purchase the bed from us or have a warranty with our company.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

On October 18th, 2019 I called to get the correct mattress I ordered and also exchange the another mattress. Oct 31 After 27 minutes on the phone of which 24 minutes on hold I was told everything was taken care of and someone would call me back that afternoon. That didn't happen. After several attempts I talked to someone who informed me the mattress was on back order. I've made multiple phone calls and It is now Jan 10, 2020 and I still do not have not heard a word from anyone. Although it wouldn't matter because you can not believe what they tell you. Every time I call I am on the phone at least 20 minutes and most of that is on hold.

I bought from Craftmatic because I was assured that they were easy to deal with and had great customer service unlike their competition. I believe their customer service policy is ignore customers and they will give up. I read a few comments on a couple of sites about this type of problem from craftmatic and should have heeded the warning but the sales people were very convincing. IF I could give a negative star review I would. BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds Company Information