2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.50/5

Since 2011, Nest Bedding has provided our customers with factory-direct, quality and eco-friendly mattresses and bedding. We hand make our mattresses in the United States with Queen sizes starting at $599. Our natural bedding products include organic sheets and blankets for the whole family.

We have a 10+ year warranty, 100 night no risk trial, free shipping, and financing starting at 0%. What’s not to love? Try Nest Bedding today by visiting one of our eight locations in the New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago areas, or shop online.

Nest Bedding Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?

Original review: June 28, 2020

User The mattress is very comfortable, however, it is not true to size. A standard King is 76x78 and my mattress measures 74x78. I let customer service know about this well before my 100 days and they said it will expand, so I trusted customer service would do the right thing and I waited. Well, I reached out to customer service and they are now saying it is within their 1 inch rule even though it is almost 2 inches short. Our sheets don’t fit properly and it looks terrible on our platform bed as our slats show under the bed since it doesn’t fill out the sides. I am very disappointed in Nest as I did a ton of research on beds and I thought their customer service would be much better. This is a shame! I will never buy another nest again.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Since it seems that Nest does not post all of the negative reviews on the Alexander Signature Hybrid on their site, I felt it important to share my feelings elsewhere. We bought a cal king Alexander Signature Hybrid in June of 2018. It was great for a month or so, and then we began to have indentations where we sleep. We are both -160lbs. We didn’t have this issue with our last mattress until ~8 years of use. Customer service seemed to acknowledge the issue and validated it by replacing our mattress entirely. We are also not the only ones who have had this issue, based on what few of the negative reviews exist on their website.

After a few months with the replacement mattress, exact same issue. So, it wasn’t a fluke - it’s a problem with design/quality. The middle of the bed was great…which is not an option for a couple. When we contacted customer service, we were given a list of photo “proof” we needed to send in order to “qualify” for our lifetime warranty. Making customers jump through hoops to “prove” an issue that they've already acknowledged seems like poor customer service.

We were then informed that the amount of sag/depression was “within the normal range”…for what? A ten-year-old mattress? Not one less than six months old. So, we sucked it up, having no other options and not feeling like we should have to pay for another new mattress in that period of time. For the past two years the indentations have gotten progressively worse, to the point that I now cannot sleep on my right side facing the middle of the mattress. I wake up with my arm numb because it angles up, pinching the nerve in my shoulder.

I see that they’ve changed a lot about this mattress since 2018 (replaceable foam?) so maybe this is happening to fewer people, but it incenses me that we have to purchase a new mattress after less than 24 months with this one. And the snarky answers from Nest's “customer service” to people who post negative reviews on their site…not the best look for a “premium” company. Since we are out $1,600 with no sense of care or concern from Nest, I’ll do what I can to ensure others are not taken in the same manner. Who knows, maybe things have changed at Nest, but they’ve lost at least one customer.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I bought two pillows and a mattress for about 1500 and was super excited because they had very good reviews. Their website still doesnt show my mattress as shipped even 11 days after ordering. I contacted them a week ago after 4 days and they said with Covid19 it might take 5 days to build then it would be shipped. It is going on 9 days and still nothing.

After contacting customer service again they said they couldn't get into contact with operations and that's all I've heard. Even after several more emails from me I am still being ignored. I tried to write a review on their website but it never showed up on their website. It appears they delete negative reviews so DO NOT TRUST THEM. Then I come on here to write a review and see that recently they have been getting very poor reviews about mattress quality and customer service. It appears I picked the wrong company to spend my hard earned money on. Hopefully I will get my mattress someday. If I do I will promptly change my review to reflect my experience.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I would not recommend Nest Bedding. I purchased a Latex hybrid mattress from them after 8 years of comfort on my previous, big name brand mattress. After about 30 days, I alerted customer service that it was uncomfortable and I didn’t want to finish my full 90-day-trial, I wanted to return it. Customer service recommended I purchase a new box spring. I purchased the box spring and gave it another try. It made no difference for me, so I alerted customer service and they approved my return. They wrote me that I would have to find somewhere to donate the mattress, they recommended the Salvation army. I contacted the Salvation Army and they did not want the mattress. I figured I could see if I could find somewhere else to donate it, but at that time I was transitioning back to work after maternity leave and was in the midst of moving.

After I moved, I contacted the company again to see if I could still donate the mattress. They said that their policy says that I must find somewhere to donate the mattress within 30 days, or the return is not honored anymore. So that was that, they would not even consider an exchange at that point. Now I am stuck with the most uncomfortable $1300 mattress. I don’t even sleep on it most nights, I’d rather sleep on the couch, that’s how horrible it is! I am just going to throw it away and buy a mattress from a regular mattress store.

I truly recommend that people go to a mattress store and lay on the mattress before they buy it. I also do not recommend this company since they want you to find somewhere to donate the mattress and not many organizations want used mattresses. I agree that this whole 90-day trial mattress is very wasteful if you end up not liking the mattress. Also, if you lead a busy lifestyle, spending time trying to donate a mattress to get your money back from a one that didn’t work out is a big waste.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I am reviewing Nest Bedding for the second time. I wrote a one star review on their review section on their website and they promptly took it down. That's why you see nothing but five star reviews. My husband and I purchased one of their mattresses a 2 years ago and have had to have all of them replaced by the company. We're on our third mattress from them-all the original purchase-because the first one was way too firm. I will give them credit that after a lot of work on our end, they replaced the mattress for the medium firm Alexander Signature Hybrid in a King size. However, within 6 months that mattress had caved in down the middle-my husband weighs approx 160lbs and I weigh approx 140lbs.-we are small people so this is abnormal. I've never had a mattress do this, even the cheap ones I've bought are better structurally. Luckily they replaced it again after we proved that it had done so.

We got a replacement thinking maybe it was a fluke. But sure enough less than a year later the replacement mattress is sinking in the middle yet again. Our bedframe is solid and structurally sound-we've checked it just in case because that'd be a cheaper issue to solve. But it's not, it's sadly just the mattress. My husband and I have back pain every morning now-we bought a new mattress to try and prevent this-we're in our early 30's.

For paying over $1k for a mattress we thought would last us five to ten years, this is a huge disappointment. I don't feel like I can even try to resell it because I don't want someone thinking they're getting a great mattress when in fact they'll soon wake up in pain. Think twice about purchasing a bed from here. They look beautifully made and seem like a quality mattress at first, but they don't hold up even after less than one year's time. If you do buy a mattress from them, don't buy the medium firm-go with the firm. It feels like a rock but if you can endure it until it softens up (they say 90 days-but sleeping on a rock for 90 days can be quite challenging), hopefully it'll be better than a medium firm mattress caving in. I hope this can help someone else from wasting money like we have.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Our dog chewed through their $100 bed, advertised as "reliable" and "tough to chew through", in just a few days with the bed and customer service refused any refund/replacement. I could understand that, although was disappointed they didn't stand by their claims of durability or recognize the fact I'd been a customer of theirs for several years. My main issue is they refused to post my review on their site. They claim our dog is an "aggressive chewer" and my experience is not valid to share. This is in spite of our dog not chewing through either of her $30 beds from Amazon.

They did finally offer a refund/replacement after I posted a critical review on Yelp, but still refuse to post my review on their site. I didn't take them up on the refund given that refusal & the continual poor customer experience. I'd advise others to ensure they want to do business with a company that only cares about their corporate best interest in the end. If you do, be warned of my experience where the product quality woefully missed the price point and they only offered to do the right thing when I publicly "disparaged" their company.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We had some Nest sheets and pillows that we bought a few years back and LOVED. We decided to invest in some other sheets, pillow, mattress, bed frame and even nightstands. We purchased them over a month ago. TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS later. No mattress, bed frame or nightstands. And no one can answer where they are, or what's happened to the orders. But we have gotten our sheets and mattress protector! In boxes and with labels: Made in China and Made in India.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I slept on this mattress when visiting my son and really liked it. I got out Queen last week and have had the best night's sleep since then. Yesterday our guest from Italy arrived. I gave him my room while he’s here. The first thing out of his mouth this morning was “that is the best sleep I’ve had in a long, long time on that bed!” My husband had been thinking about getting a King for our bedroom to replace the memory foam but our guest’s positive testimony has convinced him. Lol. We will be ordering another one.

I find the negative comments difficult to believe. My son was initially sent the wrong mattress but was easily and quickly satisfied with Nest’s policy. He donated it and received the correct mattress. No problem. No bad faith. I ordered on a Thursday night and it showed up the next Wednesday evening in time for Thanksgiving. Arrived much quicker than expected. It was fun and easy to unpack and get onto the bed. It’s a thick mattress but our sheets fit fine. No sleeping adjustment required...I slept great the first night. I think my husband feels like I’ll never leave the guest room if he doesn’t buy the King. Lol.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Bought a bed from Nest, less than a month later we had a house fire. Everything is lost including our 4 cats and nest bed I made a whole 1 payment on. They told me I had to pay off the bed and they would sell me another at 50% off. So I will pay for 1.5 beds, have 1 fire damaged bed and 1 good one I can't currently use because... I AM HOMELESS!!!! No thanks. I did offer to roll up the ashen, smoke damaged, water logged mattress we found the body of my dead cat on. I was well under my 100 days and they have a life time warranty right?!!

Nest Bedding response

Hi. Our team offered you a replacement mattress at less than our own cost. You've chosen to leave this same negative review anywhere you can post and that is regrettable. Our team did not request that you return the damaged product.

We ourselves sympathize with your situation, as most of our team members in Paradise, CA, lost their homes in the recent Camp Fire, last November and most of them spent months homeless because of the terrible situation. We are also glad to hear you have insurance.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I would 10/10 NOT recommend the Alexander Hybrid Mattress to anyone. I test the mattress in one of the Nest Bedding pop-up stores and found the medium firmness to be comfortable. The mattress was very comfortable for about the first three months of use. After the three month point, I began to notice that the firmness of mattress was diminishing. One side of the mattress began to sink in far more than the other side. Both my partner and I have found this mattress to be extremely uncomfortable and to cause restless sleep.

After the one year mark of owning the mattress, I reached out to Nest Bedding customer service to see if they would exchange the mattress. After lots of back and forth, they asked me to send in pictures of the mattress without the sheets. The mattress had a protective sheet over it so the condition of the material was like new. In the photo, you could not see any indentations in the mattress, which is obviously expected, so they were not willing to exchange the mattress. I asked Nest Bedding if they would send a worker out to inspect the mattress in-person but they did not agree to this. I highly suggest spending your money on a more reputable company. The mattress was expensive and has led to nearly a year of bad sleep.

Nest Bedding author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Nest Bedding mattresses are handmade in the United States and eco-friendly. Shop online or at showrooms in New York, California and Illinois. The company provides white-glove delivery to your home. Financing is available with 0% APR.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $700.

• Types of mattresses: Nest offers a variety of mattress types, including latex, natural and organic.

• Trial period: Nest Bedding provides a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Nest Bedding mattresses are all covered by a limited lifetime warranty.

• Additional products: Bedding, furniture and pet accessories are also available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Nest Bedding Company Information