Shop Now

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

4.5/5 (370 ratings)

About Nest Bedding

Since 2011, Nest Bedding has provided our customers with factory-direct, quality and eco-friendly mattresses and bedding. We hand make our mattresses in the United States with Queen sizes starting at $599. Our natural bedding products include organic sheets and blankets for the whole family.

Nest Bedding mattresses

Nest Bedding Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?

Original review: June 8, 2021

After 12 blissful years sleeping on a King Koil hybrid mattress, we were overdue for a replacement. We researched extensively and wanted our new bed to be a high quality, environmentally friendly, hybrid mattress with good customer reviews. Nest bedding's natural latex hybrid appeared to be the best choice. A 100 night trial and lifetime comfort guarantee! Wow!

Well, our new bed arrived and appeared to be under-sized. As in, several inches not wide or long enough. We decided to give it time to relax. Maybe it would expand into our bedframe with use. 3 months into sleeping on it, I began to have neck and back pain for the first time in my life. I am fit, healthy, and have never been in any accidents. Unfortunately, we didn't put it together that it could be from our bed until 9 months into sleeping on it. I reached out to Nest and was met with an offer to purchase a different comfort level of foam insert. That's it, buy something else from us. In answer to our bed being undersized...a demand for pictures and statement that "soft goods have an exception up to 1 inch". Ok. We sent our pics to Nest showing that our bed is short by 1.5 inches and skinny by nearly 2 inches.

We also discovered that the foam latex layer on one side of the bed is totally different than the other. Different densities, one has air vents, the other doesn't. One side is falling apart, the other isn't. This mattress was totally thrown together without care or consistency. After 270 nights, Nest doesn't care. We're past our 100 night trial period. We have received zero response after sending the requested photos of the size measurements and degraded foam. Thus far, this company appears to be a scam. They seem to "filter" their reviews on their website so all you can see are positive, rave reviews and zero complaints or criticisms. If I could go to the dump and find our old King Koil, it would be preferable to this mattress. At least I would know that I'm sleeping on garbage. Perhaps if they deemed their customers worthy of a response and some service after they've received their money, this review would be kinder.

Nest Bedding response

Hi Kari, we're sorry to hear you had a negative experience. As discussed, we adhere to an industry-standard for measuring soft goods, which have some variance. The latex as well will have some variance as it gets cut to size from a larger piece that has tapered holes in it from the production process. This does not affect the firmness nor density, but we are sorry yours wasn't more consistent. Thank you for your help in reviewing this for replacement, and we hope you enjoy the new mattress.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2021

I opted for Nest Bedding because of the warranty and reviews. 4 years later, I have come to the conclusion that this mattress is no different than any other decent mattress you can buy from a local store. For the first two years it was a solid bed. The third year I can feel that the padding is not as responsive as before. Fourth year? The bed feels like it's folding like a taco when I climb into the bed. I toss and turn and sleep near the edge of the bed now, just for comfort so that my back does not hurt the following day.

So today, I review the warranty, because my back can no longer take this mattress. Apparently, there needs to be a visual deformation, on the mattress, of at least one inch for the warranty to be accepted. I feel like a fool that I purchased from this online retailer for thinking this expensive mattress would be different than any other mattress. And I am so disappointed that one of the more expensive mattresses available did did not last for at least 5 years.

Nest Bedding response

Hi Jason, we are sorry to hear that you are finding this bed to not be as comfortable as it was when you first purchased it. Although materials break down over time, there is normal wear and tear and there is abnormal wear and tear. From what you are describing, this would be abnormal wear and tear, which falls under our warranty replacement program. At Nest Bedding, our customers have a lifetime warranty on the mattress. Please contact our customer service department for assistance. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I don't care about the quality of the mattress at this point, the absolutely terrible customer service at Nest should steer you away from this company. I've gotten better customer service for a $5 cup of coffee, let alone $500 for some mattress in a box. I did a lot of research to find the right mattress for my child, which is why I ordered the BKB from Nest. I saw all the warning about delays due to COVID, which is fine. I place the order, and for days the status online says "awaiting production." Well the COVID notice said production might take 7-10 days, so does that mean that it will be ANOTHER 7-10 days once the status changes? So I reach out with an email from their website with my order number. NO RESPONSE.

Days pass - we're now on day 6 ordering, and the status still says "awaiting production" and I've gotten no response to help me understand what this means and when I may get the bed. Now we all have different circumstances; for me, my dog just tore his ACL/CCL and is having surgery soon. I now have greater urgency to start this transition and get my child into a bed so that I can focus on him at night post-surgery. I decide to cancel the BKB and buy locally.

I call the customer service line, since I still haven't gotten a response from the email from the webpage. I sit on hold and finally get sent to a voicemail. I leave a number with my order details and that I want to cancel. Miraculously, within the hour, I get an email that my order is shipping with FedEx! We've gone from awaiting production to shipping in the time it took for them to listen to voicemail that I wanted to cancel. I send two response emails and call back. I again sit on hold and again have to leave a voice message. I'm furious at this point. I canceled my order after complete lack of response, now it's shipping.

A short while later, I get a call back, to which the man tells me that I can't cancel without incurring a hefty fee because the bed has now shipped. First, the bed (miraculously) shipped after I called to cancel, and second, the bed is still sitting in Phoenix - all they've done is print the label. FedEx doesn't even have record of the package yet when I click on the tracking number. The man tells me that I was given the COVID delay policies and that they're actually exceeding the production time, and made me verbally tell him that I saw and read the policy. Sure, I did. Does that mean I can't change my mind due to changing circumstances? And does that mean that you can highroad me and quick try to ship me a bed so you can keep your sale? So he says he will call his guys and see if they can pull the package back since it hasn't yet shipped. NO RESPONSE.

So I hear nothing back, although the man said he would let me know if they could pull the package back. Since I'm sick of getting no response to emails (three in total) and leaving voicemails on some line (two in total), I try their chat function. I check to make sure that I'm within their business hours (I am), and would you guess it? NO RESPONSE. It's been 14 hours and I've still gotten no response. And would you guess what I woke up to this morning? A shipping confirmation that FedEx has picked up the bed from their facility. So, if you want to take your chances you have no need to contact customer service, then this sounds like this is a great bed. But if something comes up and you need to contact the company, prepare yourself for the worst customer service. They don't care about you - just selling you a product.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I bought a $5K motorized bed from Nest Bedding in September 2019. It had a Reverie Motorized Frame and Nest Mattress. The motorized bed stopped working after three months. I contacted Nest and they sent me to Reverie. I've now spent nine months trying to get Nest or Reverie to come out to fix it. I've made close to a hundred calls at this point and sent 15 or so E-mails. Reverie sent a part for me to install a few months back, but it didn't fix the problem. They have stopped responding to my E-mails. I highly recommend you stay away from products made by Reverie. Their warranty is meaningless. Nest has been no help at all at this point and they should be avoided as well.

Resolution response: Sept. 14, 2020

Was able to get in contact with someone and return the mattress.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I purchased an Alexander Signature Hybrid twin XL mattress and mattress cover from Nest Bedding on July 3. On July 13 after not receiving any updates on when the mattress would be shipped I received an automatic shipping update on July 16 that it was shipped Fedex. The mattress was delivered July 21, which was great. The mattress is great but I sent customer service an email August 5 asking to return it as I'm wanting to upgrade to a Queen size. I received an email right away, on August 5 asking for:

- Picture of the mattress without any covers or bedding on it
    - Picture of the front and back of the law tag on the mattress

- Picture of what the mattress is on, the bed frame/foundation and supports.​

I sent the photos on August 10, as well as left a voicemail on their customer service number. I'm still waiting on a response as I would like to return the mattress/schedule a donation before the 30 day trial is over.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

They provided a quality mattress with very good comfort (almost perfect for us) and we have been very happy with it. We contacted support early on but found once our bodies got used to the mattress we didnt need to follow back up with them. They were very responsive to my inquiry.

Original review: July 15, 2020

At first I loved this mattress. It is so soft and comfortable. I slept like baby. However, over the course of 20 months this bed has become unbearably soft and now I wake up with back pains. I have never had back pains before. I don’t know what has caused this. There are no visible dents or anything like that. I called customer service for an exchange because I think a mattress should last longer than 2 year, especially at these prices. It turns out I can not return it or exchange it. They offered me 30% off a new mattress but it’s not worth it. The new mattress would cost me around one thousand dollars. This mattress was supposed to be an investment that lasted 5-10 years. Instead, I have to go buy a new mattress after less than two years of use.

I would not recommend this mattress if you have back issues or want a mattress to last more than 2 years. Save your money and go somewhere else. The one star is for Nest’s customer service. Everyone I have talked to has been really nice. Their customer service people are great. The bed and the policies are zero stars.

Original review: June 28, 2020

User The mattress is very comfortable, however, it is not true to size. A standard King is 76x78 and my mattress measures 74x78. I let customer service know about this well before my 100 days and they said it will expand, so I trusted customer service would do the right thing and I waited. Well, I reached out to customer service and they are now saying it is within their 1 inch rule even though it is almost 2 inches short. Our sheets don’t fit properly and it looks terrible on our platform bed as our slats show under the bed since it doesn’t fill out the sides. I am very disappointed in Nest as I did a ton of research on beds and I thought their customer service would be much better. This is a shame! I will never buy another nest again.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Since it seems that Nest does not post all of the negative reviews on the Alexander Signature Hybrid on their site, I felt it important to share my feelings elsewhere. We bought a cal king Alexander Signature Hybrid in June of 2018. It was great for a month or so, and then we began to have indentations where we sleep. We are both -160lbs. We didn’t have this issue with our last mattress until ~8 years of use. Customer service seemed to acknowledge the issue and validated it by replacing our mattress entirely. We are also not the only ones who have had this issue, based on what few of the negative reviews exist on their website.

After a few months with the replacement mattress, exact same issue. So, it wasn’t a fluke - it’s a problem with design/quality. The middle of the bed was great…which is not an option for a couple. When we contacted customer service, we were given a list of photo “proof” we needed to send in order to “qualify” for our lifetime warranty. Making customers jump through hoops to “prove” an issue that they've already acknowledged seems like poor customer service.

We were then informed that the amount of sag/depression was “within the normal range”…for what? A ten-year-old mattress? Not one less than six months old. So, we sucked it up, having no other options and not feeling like we should have to pay for another new mattress in that period of time. For the past two years the indentations have gotten progressively worse, to the point that I now cannot sleep on my right side facing the middle of the mattress. I wake up with my arm numb because it angles up, pinching the nerve in my shoulder.

I see that they’ve changed a lot about this mattress since 2018 (replaceable foam?) so maybe this is happening to fewer people, but it incenses me that we have to purchase a new mattress after less than 24 months with this one. And the snarky answers from Nest's “customer service” to people who post negative reviews on their site…not the best look for a “premium” company. Since we are out $1,600 with no sense of care or concern from Nest, I’ll do what I can to ensure others are not taken in the same manner. Who knows, maybe things have changed at Nest, but they’ve lost at least one customer.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I bought two pillows and a mattress for about 1500 and was super excited because they had very good reviews. Their website still doesnt show my mattress as shipped even 11 days after ordering. I contacted them a week ago after 4 days and they said with Covid19 it might take 5 days to build then it would be shipped. It is going on 9 days and still nothing.

After contacting customer service again they said they couldn't get into contact with operations and that's all I've heard. Even after several more emails from me I am still being ignored. I tried to write a review on their website but it never showed up on their website. It appears they delete negative reviews so DO NOT TRUST THEM. Then I come on here to write a review and see that recently they have been getting very poor reviews about mattress quality and customer service. It appears I picked the wrong company to spend my hard earned money on. Hopefully I will get my mattress someday. If I do I will promptly change my review to reflect my experience.

Nest Bedding Company Information