4.60/5

Need a good mattress?

Nest Bedding

Since 2011, Nest Bedding has provided our customers with factory-direct, quality and eco-friendly mattresses and bedding. We hand make our mattresses in the United States with Queen sizes starting at $599. Our natural bedding products include organic sheets and blankets for the whole family.

We have a 10+ year warranty, 100 night no risk trial, free shipping, and financing starting at 0%. What’s not to love? Try Nest Bedding today by visiting one of our eight locations in the New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago areas, or shop online.

View More View More

Need a good mattress?

351 Nest Bedding Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 11, 2019

I would definitely NOT recommend it to anyone. When they try to sell you the mattress they tell you it’s lifetime warranty which is a scam because their warranty is giving you 50% off a new mattress. Why would I buy from them again if I’m not happy with the one I have that’s less than 2 years. DO NOT WASTE your money. Ikea’s mattress are way better as well as their customer service. I tried to reach out to them about my problem with the mattress and even Amber communicated with Amber via email (because they’re too busy to take the time and speak with their customer) but nothing was resolve. NEST BEDDING are simply a SCAM and will probably go out of business soon. Check BBB site to see how many others are having issues like mine with this company. Rating 00000000.

Nest Bedding response

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your purchase. Our Lifetime Warranty can be referenced on our website.

Sounds like you've actually mixed up our warranty with a newer initiative we've designed to allow loyal customers to purchase more mattresses for their household down the road, at 50% off. This program is called our Lifetime Comfort Guarantee, which can be referenced on our website.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchased an Alexander hybrid medium mattress in the past that was too soft. Then I was given the suggestion by a customer service agent for me swap to the Alexander hybrid latex medium which was still too soft. They can't do additional exchanges which is fine so I decided to just return the second mattress. I specifically asked the customer service agent whether I would be able to purchase again in the future or if there were any restrictions on that since I had already tried and returned two mattress. It would have been fair for them to say I couldn't but that didn't happen.

I was clearly and plainly told via an email that I would in no way be affected on future purchases. And that I would be entitled to a new trial period, AND a return AND an exchange if need be. Then several months later I decided to try a new mattress from them that was better but still not providing the low back support I needed so I decided maybe Saatva or Avocado (something with zoned coils) would be better.

ONLY AT THAT POINT was I then told that I was no longer entitled to an exchange nor could I return the mattress. That it was final sale and I had to keep it no matter what issues I had. Then they point to a NEWLY CHANGED policy saying I can't return it if I've purchased in the past. How convenient that it was never mentioned at any point during my MANY MANY communications with them both in the past and recently. Not when I returned my previous mattress, not before I purchased my new one, not after I purchased the new one, nothing.

I was even given a LONGER trial in an attempt to get me to keep the mattress. But ONLY at the point where I mentioned returning the mattress was I suddenly told that I couldn't return my mattress and I was not entitled to a trial at all. So basically someone's lying and or being deceitful. Either the first customer service rep lied to get me to buy a new mattress knowing I couldn't return it. Or the new rep is lying because he knows I'm entitled to a return but he doesn't want to offer me one.

In addition they have never addressed my repeated mentions of the fact that I was very clearly told that I could try, exchange and return new mattresses in the future without issue. Well that was the farthest thing from the truth. It took 9 days to respond to me and that response only came about the day after I threatened to complain to the BBB. Then they give me excuses saying they have no proof of them ever telling me I could have more return and/or exchanges. So I respond by providing them this proof via past email correspondence. Which was of course followed by another 6 days of silence and multiple ignored messages. Apparently their method of handling the issue is to ignore me, provide me with invalid excuses, and then ignore me again when I show proof instead of admitting their own fault.

The worst part is my initial experience was great. But they ruined it now and I wouldn't trust them again in the future. Unless you're 100% sure you want a mattress that you've never even slept on before (which is no one), I could no longer recommend Nest Bedding. The mattresses themselves aren't bad. But the experience of finding the right one for you isn't worth the hassle.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Purchased a Hybrid Latex Queen mattress which felt comfortable in the store, but when trying it at home for several nights felt too firm and too tall. Simply too much mattress for us. Especially since my wife just had twins via c-section and getting in and out of bed is harder than it has ever been! It's also too much mattress for our West Elm bed frame! One side of the mattress doesn't even sit flush inside the side rail. Reached out to Nest CS, and was asked to send in pictures of the mattress which I did promptly.

48 hours later I receive a call from the NYC store manager (who helped me initially) saying that they cannot take back the mattress for a refund unless it's for a comfort issue, and that the mattress being too tall is not a comfort issue. The mattress is not the right fit for multiple reasons -- height, firmness and overall size! Yes, I understand that firmness can be adjusted perhaps, but the other factors in being satisfied with a mattress here are simply non negotiable.

FROM NEST'S SITE: "If a mattress exchange is not for you, worry not. As much as we hate to lose you from the Nest Bedding family, we also understand that sometimes our product may not be the right fit for your needs. Nest Bedding offers free returns on mattresses after the 30th night of your 100-night trial." Your so-called return policy is just lip-service to make customers believe that they are getting a different shopping experience from traditional mattress stores, but it is exactly the same if not worse! You fail to honor what is very clearly stated on YOUR site in plain English. Avoid Nest Bedding unless you are 1000% percent sure on your decision in buying a mattress. Otherwise you can kiss your ** goodbye. F- IN CUSTOMER CARE

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I bought a mattress from NEST and it ended up not being the best option for me. NEST has a return policy, which I went through the process to return the product. NEST does all they can to keep from having you get a new mattress or a refund. I was asked to take pictures of the tag, mattress with no sheets and the frame I was using. I was asked to walk on the bed to break it in. To keep the mattress at least 30 days. I was offered a topper. None of which solved the fact the bed hurt my shoulders when I slept.

Then, I was told to take the mattress and donate it since they do not take returns (but they will send a disposal company for the mattress) and send proof I donated it. When I stated I would donate it, but I would like my money back because I still needed to find another mattress I was accused of trying to commit fraud. I filed a complaint with the BBB, donated the mattress to Goodwill, sent proof to NEST and finally received a full refund. If you don't like your mattress and wish to call NEST on their return policy, good luck, it's all on the customer. Would never recommend this company to anyone due to the customer service post sale.

To Whom it May Concern:

This customer was granted a return or exchange 10-days early despite our published requirement of a minimum of 30-days on the mattress. All fees were waived as an accommodation for his need and we offered to assist in helping the customer find a local donation option or a free pick-up and disposal of the mattress. The customer requested a full refund before the mattress was picked-up or was donated. The following response was provided:

"Thank you for writing and for considering a local donation. Unfortunately, due to issues with fraud in the past, we have a pretty rigid policy on refunds being provided before the item purchased is removed from the home. I'm sincerely sorry for this inconvenience. I will gladly have a pick-up scheduled if that makes it easier for your need."

The customer escalated heavily. The following response was received:

"After going through what I have with NEST (multiple e-mails, walking around on the bed as asked, pictures, many sleepless nights, and now not even using the product) to accuse me of potentially trying to commit fraud against your company is a real shame. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, I

As I sit here, both of my shoulders still have lingering pain. That is from your product."

Our response and apology for the confusion:

"Thank you for your candid feedback. My response, nor our policy, is intended to insinuate anything about you or your character. My sincere apologies that it is being interpreted in that way. Please let me know how and when you would like to proceed with the return and refund and I will gladly assist.

I'm sincerely sorry that this has upset you."

The customer provided a donation receipt on day 25 and a full refund was provided via PayPal within 4 hrs of submission of the donation receipt as an accommodation for his need and urgency. I do encourage any future customers who are reading this to contact us directly if you have any needs or would like more information about this review or interaction.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Nicole, in Costa Mesa, CA, sold my daughter and I mattresses and I purchased a adjustable bed. I was going to wait and do research but she told us about the 100 days to try it out and if not happy you can return the item for an exchange or full refund. She recommended a bed that can be controlled by an app. That app is terrible. I worked for months with the manufacturer and Nicole to take care of the problem but it still exists. I found out that after I ordered the adjustable bed that I could not return the adjustable bed even when there was a problem with it. No 30 days, not even one day return policy. The app has a rating of 1.7 and many people have the same problem I am having but still they will not take the adjustable bed back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The hybrid latex has changed over time, but the data that Nest shows on its website are not consistent so it is unclear what is accurate. The photo does not show all the layers that are in the bed, also the photo shows a picture of a Leggett and Platt combination coil system which is not in the current version of the bed. As a result of all the confusing and mismatched information the reviews that are prevalent across different websites are for beds with different components. The bed has changed so much that it should have been renamed. The coil system, the cover, the intermediate layers and the latex have all changed.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for writing. I'm sincerely sorry for the confusion as it relates to our new latex options. The coils in the new sleep system are a Leggett & Platt unit (Caliber Edge), and as far as I can tell, all of the layers in this updated mattress are being shown on the website. If you are seeing something that I have missed, please write to me directly at todd@nestbedding.com with your observations and feedback. We sincerely have no interest in misleading or creating an intentionally confusing shopping experience. Your feedback is actually greatly appreciated as we control to develop and grow here at Nest Bedding.

Sincerely,

Todd

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We bought a latex bed. It took forever to get it. The excuse was a “material shortage”. The bed finally arrived after 2 weeks or so. It was too hard. We went back to the store in Costa Mesa and requested a swap to a hybrid latex bed. The sales people were very kind and accommodating. We wanted the bed for our second bedroom so that our daughter, who is getting married would have a new bed. We have yet to receive the bed after 6 business days. In fact, we called Costa Mesa and they apparently can’t even get an ETA from the manufacturer. Our daughter can’t sleep on the hard bed. It is puzzling to me as to why Nest can’t get its manufacturer to produce beds faster.

The hybrid has a spring base. Unless the manufacturer is stupid, they should have springs on hand. Then they have to cut a piece of latex for the top layer. This doesn’t seem to be something that should take that long to produce. Nest employees are great and helpful. Their manufacturer sucks. Be prepared to wait for your bed. Perhaps we should have just gone to a store that did not carry a boutique line. Then we probably my would have gotten the bed shipped within a day. Too bad because the customer service at the sales level gets canceled out by a lousy, slow manufacturer.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for writing and for sharing your feedback as we navigated the busiest month in our business history. I'm sure you saw the post on your Yelp! review from our owner, but I wanted to post it here as well after the positive outcome when the mattress was delivered on 9/11/2018. The updated 4-star review that was left for our Costa Mesa team was greatly appreciated.

"9/10/2018 Hi Mercedes. Yeah, we really underestimated just how incredibly popular the new Latex line I designed would be. We have exceeded projections by 500%. That's my fault. As you have seen, the bed is an incredible value, well built, just taking some time to get to you. I will make sure that is expedited. My manufacturer isn't small nor poorly run, we just can't keep up with demand! Watch for something from my staff in the morning and we will get this over to you ASAP!" - Joe Alexander, Owner

Thank you for being a valued member of the Nest Bedding family. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team if you have any additional questions or needs. Have a great day.

Todd

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered a hybrid firm and it was punishingly firm (our other mattresses were "firm" so we thought we liked firm). I tried sleeping in it for a week and my extremities would fall asleep, and my knees and my butt. After about 10 days it started to aggravate my old injuries (shoulder, knees and stomach). I just couldn't stay in the bed for more than a few hours and both my husband and I tossed and turned for the last 2 weeks. Now we fight over who gets to sleep on the couch until the new bed arrives. ** Nest was true to their great customer service and is sending a medium-firm hybrid. Still waiting for them to ship the medium firm and I will update when we see how that goes.

We like that it doesn't sleep hot -- and my husband often sweats the bed to the point of soaking it and having to change his clothes. It is really really bouncy, which is weird given how firm it was. I disliked the bounce at first and I can feel my husband cough and toss and turn. But I am getting used to it and the trade off for cool-sleeping and being able to move on the bed.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Alexander Signature is one of the best mattress I have ever seen. I was little worry to buy it online but now I'm 100% satisfied. Mattress got luxury style and it's very comfortable. If you want to get it with discount I recommend to search online: peakget Nest Bedding.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We purchased the Nest Alexander after being upsold from the Love model. TL;DR, not happy with it, wish we could return it, Nest as a company makes it near impossible (and reading other reviews, apparently notoriously difficult) to secure a refund and the "Lifetime Comfort Guarantee" really doesn't translate too much. Let me walk you through what may, with a high probability, be your buying experience in the near future. You'll walk into the store, excited about the premise of a high-quality memory foam bed at a fraction of the price, and the embroidery on the beds will invite you to lay down into a soft cushy layer of foam. You may even purchase a bed, telling yourself a story of better sleep for years to come, and an easy hassle-free return policy *just in case* it doesn't work out. It sounds wonderful, right?

Your first night (and almost every night subsequently), I know this may sound gross, but you will sweat in the bed. You will ABSOLUTELY sweat because of the memory foam. Memory foam traps heat and doesn't allow it to dissipate - period. It doesn't matter how many times they mention "cooling technology", offer a "cooling mattress protector", or simply ignore the hundreds of complaints about their bed. You can be a 95 lb woman, a 210 lb man, somewhere in between - regardless, you will wake up nightly in a damp, clammy, grossed out state. Having sweat in the bed, your warranty and the ability to return the mattress will be immediately voided as sweat = a stain (sorry for the grossness). This seems suspiciously intentional on the part of Nest as a company.

You can complain, but it will be impossible to get a refund. Don't believe their promises (notice how they subtly shift the blame back onto each customer in each one of the above and below reviews where someone complains about the return process - if they offer a "Lifetime Comfort Guarantee", how could it possibly be so difficult to return an item?). You'll notice if you delve into the actual terms of the "Lifetime Comfort Guarantee" policy that what it really boils down to is 50% a new bed model (who would want to spend another $$$ in order to effectively process a return?).

We spent 4 weeks going back and forth with their customer service team over email, specifically a Todd ** who is the Director of Customer Experience. It was a terrible experience. Similar to other reviews, Nest asked for a detailed history of what bed frames we had used, what sheets we had used, and other areas of inquiry. We've actually tried three different bed frames and went without a bed frame - in the course of trying to solve for this bed, we used a wooden platform frame, a wire mesh one, a pallet bed frame, and eventually even on the floor. We tried high thread count sheets, low thread count sheets - none of it changes the molecular composition of a memory foam bed that traps heat.

Save yourself the hassle - you can get a similar memory foam mattress on Wayfair for $200-$300. Since the Nest bed will only last you a couple of years anyway, and you'll never be able to return it, why spend the extra few hundred dollars? Or try Casper or Purple, IDK - I have to imagine their return policy is actually honored (though I have no claims/evidence, we're going with Leesa Sapira, a pocket coil bed, for our next one - we are done with Nest). We wish it wasn't so, we were so excited when we first purchased the bed and even up to the point of initiating a customer service thread, thought they would see it through. This company is flash in the pan.

To Whom it May Concern:

This customer purchased in July 2015 and did not reach out to Nest Bedding in any way until June 2018. No attempt was made during the trial period or thereafter to find a solution to the overheating issue nor was there ever a request for an exception to be made regarding the mattress being returned despite not being in like-new condition. The only communication that was had with the customer is when they reached out demanding a cash refund after nearly three years of ownership to prevent them from writing negative reviews on major websites (see below).

“If Nest is unable to process the refund, our only alternative is to share our honest feedback– on a bed that sleeps hot, which is information that won't be shared with you during the sales process, with a warranty that will immediately be voided by that fact – with Yelp, Best Mattress Review, Mattress Nerd, Good Bed, Sleep Sherpa, Sleepopolis, Consumer Affairs, our own social media, the BBB, and all friends and family.”

Despite the aggression, the customer was presented with professional responses and sincere attempts to find no-costs solutions, as well as suggestions on ways their sleep environment could be improved so that the mattress was working for their needs. Finally, the customer was grandfathered into our Lifetime Comfort Guarantee, which provided an opportunity to purchase a replacement mattress with a 50% discount.

Nest Bedding produces a line of mattresses and bedding products that are designed to meet the needs of a broad spectrum of customers. We will fully admit, not every product is going to work for every customer, but that is why we have a diverse product line. We employ highly qualified staff so that we can learn from the first experience and help a customer transition to something that better meets their need. We do have the expectation that the mattress is properly protected during the comfort trial, and occasionally have to restrict a return if it has been damaged (less than 1% of returns). We always work with a customer on temperature issues and we always review each damaged mattress case-by-case when it is brought to our attention within a reasonable timeframe.

Thank you for your consideration of Nest Bedding. Please feel free to write to us at customerservice@nestbedding.com if you have any additional questions about the claims that are being made in this review.

Sincerely,

Nest Bedding

Nest Bedding expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Nest Bedding is a family-owned, factory-direct mattress and bedding company. Founded in 2011, its bedding is made in the U.S. and eco-friendly. It offers a 100-night, risk-free guarantee with its mattresses. Nest Bedding mattresses range from $400 to $1,500.

• Alexander Signature series: These memory foam mattresses range from twin to California king and can be purchased in soft, medium or luxury firm. They range from $900 to $1,400.

• Love & Sleep mattress: This mattress comes in medium or firm and from twin to California king sizes. It costs between $400 and $750.

• Risk-free trial: You can try your Nest Bedding mattress for 100 nights risk-free. If you don’t like it, the company will help you donate it to a local charity and issue you a refund.

• Warranty: Nest Bedding mattresses are all covered by a 10 or 20-year warranty for defects in materials and workmanship. If your mattress develops split seams, coil failure or a visible permanent compression greater than one inch, the company will repair or replace the mattress.

• Online or in store: You can buy Nest Bedding products online and enjoy free shipping, or you can visit any of their eight showroom locations in New York, California or Illinois.

• Best for: those who want a high quality, affordable mattress, people who prefer products made in the United States and those who want an eco-friendly mattress and bedding.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Nest Bedding Company Information