4.71/5
Based on 339 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2011, Nest Bedding has provided our customers with factory-direct, quality and eco-friendly mattresses and bedding. We hand make our mattresses in the United States with Queen sizes starting at $599. Our natural bedding products include organic sheets and blankets for the whole family.

We have a 10+ year warranty, 100 night no risk trial, free shipping, and financing starting at 0%. What’s not to love? Try Nest Bedding today by visiting one of our eight locations in the New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago areas, or shop online.

Nest Bedding Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 4, 2018

339 Nest Bedding Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 4, 2018

One day, my sister and I went to Nest Bedding, we sat on their beds, and we thought, “Hey, this feels pretty good.” My granddaughter who lives with me needed a new mattress then. That weekend I went back and I got it for her, and she loves it. When they delivered it, it was unwrapped and then they just put it out. It was beautiful and the quality was very nice. The sales rep wasn’t pushy. She just waited till we asked her questions. She was very nice and informative when we did ask her. She really had a lot to do with us making up our minds to purchase one and I am very happy with my purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2018

We had a great experience with Nest. Nest Bedding is local and we could go to the store, explore and actually sit on the different mattresses. Also, they took out the middle person and it kept the price down to a very affordable amount. The sales representatives have always been very informed, helpful, patient with us because we made some adjustments, very accommodating and very good at communicating. Even the delivery team was great and very timely. We bought a mattress, a topper, a blanket, a coverlet and two pillows. It’s great and we like them. It took us a while to find the exact right combination, but we’re very happy with it now. The overall quality is excellent. And, I recommended them to my son if he moves out to the Bay Area.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I visited stores and I tested out a bunch of other foam mattresses. Most of them were very similar in feel but Nest seemed to be 30 or 40% cheaper than with Casper. Also, everyone there were very friendly and helpful. Our interaction was very pleasant and they showed me everything in the store. I purchased the queen-sized foam bed and I really enjoy the product. It has been a positive impact to my sleep and it is a great value. It is a very good sleep product for the money.

Nest Bedding response

Hey Michael, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your Nest Bedding experience. Glad to hear you where able to make it into one of our stores! Hope you enjoy your mattresses for many years to come:)

Original review: April 1, 2018

We've had a great, fantastic experience with Nest Bedding. We visited their showroom in Palo Alto and tried out their product. We liked it quite a bit and although we tried out a few other stores in the area, nothing had the same maximization of price and comfort. Also unlike other places we went to, Nest Bedding's sales reps were not pushy at all but they were still informative. They introduced us to what they’re about, let us try things by ourselves and came back a few times just to make sure. Once we had made the rounds, we wanted to double check and verify if it’s the right decision and it was. I really like their staff. I highly recommend Nest Bedding. We have had the bed about half a year now and the quality is great. My wife and I both sleep much better than the previous mattress.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was searching for top beds and wanted to get something that was better than what I got before. I found Nest Bedding online and it was my first time purchasing a bed so I spent time to research it. The Alexander foam that I bought was a little bit too soft for me so I would’ve preferred something a little bit firmer but the experience was good. I also like that's it not too hot, which is nice. The sales rep told me what my options were and explained the trade-off between each one. The delivery was great, it came on time and was exactly what I expected. I would tell my friends to go look at the Nest Bedding site and look at the options offered with the Bay Area. I would recommend trying it out and going to a store, which is what I did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?

Original review: March 26, 2018

I had heard from others that Nest Bedding had good mattresses, so I decided to purchase from them. They've been great. I went into the store and tried different beds, and the sales rep was always very helpful. The delivery guys were helpful as well and very good. They came in and set the new mattress up, and I disposed of the old mattress myself. But we had some issues with the delivery of the box spring. The queen mattress that I got from Nest Bedding last July is between firm and plush, as I've been a side sleeper, and I liked it a lot. It's a good mattress and my sleep has been better.

Nest Bedding response

Hi Kim, Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Nest Bedding. We are happy to hear your store experience was a pleasant one!

Original review: March 25, 2018

The mattress I had was nine years old, I needed a new one and I started doing some research. I spent six months reading about mattresses from different vendors and seeing what was out there. I also caught onto this whole 'buy your mattress online" craze and that made me look at a number of Nest Bedding and a couple of other ones. I lied down in a couple of expensive memory foams and I found that they heat up over time. I’m heat-sensitive and Nest was a high wood mattress. It was softer and didn't have that same memory foam heat retention problem that I had seen with some other pure memory foam mattresses. Nest was also very price-competitive and they had a showroom here in New York, so I was able to see it and lie on it.

The rep, a very nice young man, said that he owned one and was very pleased with it. I tried different ones and the latex mattresses on the showroom felt quite nice but it was thin. I also tried the latex hybrid but I didn't like it since it was a bit firmer than I wanted. I also went to Dixie Beds which had some latex mattresses that I lied on and they were price-competitive but I liked the height on the Nest bed.

Once I got it, It shipped very quickly and set-up was something I was able to handle on my own. The mattress is heavy so I had to take my time driving it into my bedroom. Getting the thing unpacked wasn't that tough but it would be nice if they could package a knife that you could use to cut through the plastic which would ensure that you don't damage the mattress. There's a tight packing around it and you don't want to use a blade because you don't want to slice open your mattress. I managed to find a pair of scissors which did the job and once I got that done, it popped open fast on its own.

I kept my old mattress around for a day or two. There was some slight gassing but it wasn't terrible. Just to be on the safe side, I didn't want to lie in it for about 24 hours. And then, I just swapped it in and out. I had to buy a mattress bag for my existing mattress in order to dispose of it. If they could bundle up a complimentary bag in with their mattress so that you could use it to wrap your old mattress for disposal, that would be a nice feature. Overall, the experience has been pretty good. I got no complaints about the mattress and it has served me well. It's a great product but I haven't had it for very long, so I don't know how it's going to age so I'll find that out. I would recommend Nest Beds to someone else and I would tell them that it’s pretty good.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I saw Nest Bedding in the paper in the mail so I went online to see if I could get some reviews about it and the reviews were very good. The sales rep was very nice, very helpful and very patient. I purchased a mattress and adjustable bed. It sleeps very well, but I get hot in it and I thought I was purchasing something that had cooling gel properties in it. Nonetheless, the delivery was on the third floor and it went very well and as promised. The product was in new condition and the set-up went well.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I bought two mattresses and the bed set from Nest Bedding. I was assisted by a good salesman. He was knowledgeable and friendly. So far, I find the mattress comfortable and of good quality. Overall, it’s a good mattress. I'd tell my friends to put Nest Bedding on their list of things to look at.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Everybody in my family now has a Nest bed. We've had their products in our home for a few years now and we liked the feel of the beds as they were very comfortable. I used to have a hip pain and shoulder pain waking up, and I don't anymore. The most recent items we got from them were a double mattress and a pillow. The people in the store were incredibly helpful and really customer focused as well. When they delivered our items, it was all right--either they left the products out front or my husband was home. Nest Bedding was great and I was totally satisfied with their items. I have recommended them to people.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My experience with Nest Bedding has been good. I walked in to their store in Chicago and I liked the bed. We purchased a king-size bed and we got two king-size pillows. The sales rep was really helpful and the delivery team was prompt. So far, my sleep has been better. I still have a lot of sleeping issues, but it’s nice to be in a king-size bed. Furthermore, the quality is really good. We’re very happy with it. I’ve recommended it to people.

Original review: March 19, 2018

My wife and I really liked Nest Bedding's soft pillow-top style mattresses and a lot of reviews that we were reading were hit or miss. Everybody’s perception of soft is different and just wasn’t soft enough for us. Nest's customer service was fantastic and they tried to send us a topper that they said was softer and nothing really worked out for us. And they accepted the return and we went with a different direction. They were very accommodating and made the whole return process very simple. And also, the Nest product was very well-made and the price was reasonable.

Nest Bedding response

Hi Jeremy, We are sorry to hear that our mattress ultimately did not work out for you guys. I am glad we where able to make the return an easy process. Thank you for sharing your experience that you had with Nest Bedding. We appreciate the 5 stars even if the mattress did not work out!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I purchased a hybrid bed from Nest Bedding. It was not all foam and I thought that might be a good mix for me but I've only had it for two months. I didn’t keep it because it just wasn’t comfortable. I called to tell them that I wanted to return it because I was experiencing hip pain and they offered a mattress topper, but that didn’t help either. Nevertheless, I would recommend them. They had excellent customer service.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I saw Nest Bedding advertised on Facebook a good bit. And where I’m at, you can buy mattresses locally but there isn't a large selection and they’re usually really overpriced. The Nest bed is not cheap but from the reviews, I felt like you get more for your money because you’re cutting out the middleman. And also, you pay for it upfront but if you don’t like it, you get your money back. I got my information online and then I called the actual Nest store and placed an order over the phone. The person I spoke with answered all my questions. I got a nice and really comfortable mattress. It’s well built and I like it.

I had two family members buy a Nest bed also. They bought their other mattress locally and they paid about what I paid for mine. I paid 1500 and theirs didn’t last for three years and I told them to try the Nest bed. And when they bought their Nest bed, it came with a lifetime warranty, too. So I said, “What can you lose.” As long as they don’t fall then go out of business. I'd also tell my friends to try Nest out. It's better than what they can buy locally. I’m in a rural area and we got mattress stores but usually, what they have are hyped up average mattresses. I went and looked at some before and they got sales pitches but they wanted $2000 for a mattress and box springs. But you can just tell it wasn’t well built. It wasn’t Nest. I’m happy with the product Nest got.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Nest Bedding has a storefront in Palo Alto which is close to where I live, so I was able to go there and try out the mattress before buying it, which is something I like to do. I'm happy with the quality of the mattress, and the sales representative that I worked with was really friendly and helpful. I went back a couple of weeks later and bought some sheets and she remembered me. It's pleasant to have somebody recognize your face.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We moved from Washington State and we needed a new bed when we came here and we went with Nest because of the ratings and the price margin. We got the adjustable bed for a king size pillow top mattress, and a gel comforter. I called somebody in California and they were very knowledgeable and provided quick feedback on conversations we had via email.

We were under the impression that we paid the money for the white-glove service to have an all-inclusive service, but that didn't really happen out front. The adjustable bed was a heavy thing and the people that delivered that assumed that we were going to set it up all ourselves. If they were going to hire out somebody, they should make sure they understand what was the intent of what they were going to do. Other than that, it was a quick service, and it didn't take very long from store to home and it had a good price line.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I had a good time with my Nest Bedding experience. Their reps helped us get a bed that we wanted. We purchased a hybrid mattress in a showroom close to where we live. We knew who made them so we didn't worry about potential offcast. Our sleep has been great since I got it. We own a small mattress before so it’s nice to have more room. It’s great quality and we like it.

The sales rep was very knowledgeable and very helpful. Initially, we liked a mattress that was all memory foam and softer. But eventually, when you have something like that, it might not be as ideal throughout than something harder but also a little firmer, then it’ll get a little softer. For long-term, it’ll be nicer to sleep on to and we want that when we buy a mattress. The delivery team dropped it off and then I brought it in and set it up. They also delivered a pillow. I’d recommend Nest Bedding. I really like that they knew where everything was coming from, that was a big plus. And they were one of the few that offered the hybrid at a really affordable price. I really like the springs and foam support.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I tried a handful of mattresses and Nest Bedding's was the most comfortable. The sales reps at the store were really nice. It's a high-quality mattress and I would definitely recommend it to others, though it depends on what type of bed they’re looking for.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have the Nest Hybrid Signature Series mattress in king size and it is amazing. When I was researching hybrid type beds that have different functionalities, I initially liked a Purple Mattress and ended up ordering one but my wife wasn’t liking it. So, we searched for what else was out there. I compared a bunch of mattresses and then I saw the mattress that I wanted which was the Nest Bed. I went to their website and it was simple and easy to use. I looked at some reviews and everyone said it was a pretty good mattress. I then compared it to the shape and make of what I already had. I thought I liked the Purple Mattress but when it came down to it, my wife and I both preferred the Nest.

Buying the bed was seamless. I placed the order online, then the mattress showed up at the house on good timing and we were able to self-install. I like the Nest bed we have but having a better type of mattress cover would improve its overall make. I didn’t like having to put any type of special sheet or mattress covering because it degraded from the quality and the feel of the mattress. The basic sheet worked better when I had it but we left the mattress protector on it just so that we had and kept the warranty on it. And although it seemed like it would be better without the mattress cover on, we didn’t want to damage it, so we put it back on. Other than that, I haven’t had a problem sleeping on the mattress and I'm super satisfied with it. So, why waste your money on other mattresses that don’t perform when you can get something half the price which is just as or more comfortable than big name brands?

Original review: March 11, 2018

We tried Loom & Leaf before and we didn’t like that mattress. If our dog's on the other side of the bed or my wife gets up or I get up in the middle of the night, we start sinking in the middle of the mattress. We Googled best foam mattress and Nest Bedding popped up. We first got the medium firmness one, then we got the firmest one. It was super easy to switch out the mattresses with their reps and they shipped the new one quickly. Their delivery crew also did a good job. We have our Nest bed for a little over a year now and we recommend it. It’s a comfortable mattress and it got rid of the issue we had with our old bed.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Nest Bedding seemed like the best fit among the different places I looked at and I found its hybrid aspect most interesting. Their sales reps in the store were very helpful, professional, accommodating, and nice, and then I had the mattress and box spring delivered. But I returned the first one because it was too soft and they worked with me in finding another one and in getting the second one brought in without costing me money because I had costs incurred for bringing the first one up the stairs. I ended up getting one that was too hard with a mattress topper because it was a medium with two tops. I'm happy with the one I have and I would recommend the mattress and the service.

Original review: March 9, 2018

We went to the store and tried out several beds. The Nest Bedding reps were super nice and very helpful and then we ended up ordering the Hybrid bed there at the store and then it was shipped to us. I am happy with the price and the quality is great. We actually just got back from vacation and we couldn't wait to get back into our bed 'cause everything else was crappy. We love our bed and I would recommend Nest Bedding to a friend.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I love my Nest bed. We bought two different twin beds to make a king bed. We needed different ones so my husband got one of the all-natural ones like a latex spring hybrid and then I got the all foam soft. We tried different beds. I need something really soft and he needs something really hard and the only way we can do that is to have two different mattresses. So, it was nice to be able to get two different mattresses that are the same height and size, so that when you have sheets on, it doesn’t look all deformed. My husband originally bought the extra firm and then he needed to switch it out to the medium firm, and it was really easy to do it with Nest Bedding.

We were so defeated in buying a mattress and a mattress floor is the worst place ever. You walk in and you feel like you’re being sold and wasting money and we actually liked the Nest store. It was really cute, really modern, and it's like definitely targeting the late 30’s crowd. And the people there were nice, and it didn’t seem like they were selling us. We ordered our mattresses on the phone through the store. And everything was seamless. Nest Bedding did great. I’m super happy with my purchase and I’ve been recommending it to friends who say they need a new bed.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Nest Bedding had a good price and decent quality. Their website was easy to use when I was purchasing and the product was just dropped off by their delivery team, which wasn't a problem for me. It's a good mattress and I recommend it.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Last year, I went into Nest Bedding's store and ordered the mattress from them. Their price was right for the product I wanted and everything was fine. Their rep gave me a clear idea of the range of choices and prices, and she seemed to know what I was looking for which was a good basic foam mattress. She pointed me to a couple of the test beds they had there and took the order. Then the mattress showed up pretty quickly. I wasn’t at home when it was delivered so their guys were able to leave it in the lobby of the building and from there I was the one who handled it. It was a good and easy experience and the mattress is an improvement over the worn out mattress we had. If my friends were looking for a new foam mattress, I would recommend Nest Bedding to them.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I had a halfway decent bed but I needed it to be more comfortable. I saw Nest Bedding's store as I was driving by and so I went in, and the rep was really good about showing me the different levels and kinds of assessing my needs. They don’t actually carry everything there in the store, so I was able to just place my order in the store and have it delivered to my house. Plus the delivery was free.

I bought a bedding topper and though I was hoping to get something right off the bat, they didn’t have that particular one. But I was happy with the outcome and the product is superior. It's real comfortable and I don’t think that Bed Bath & Beyond has anything like it. It holds its shape really well even if I’m sleeping on the same side all the time. When I make my bed, I can see how smooth it is and it’s really holding up well, so it's money well-spent. However, they could have more of their popular items in the store. But I realize that this is the Bay Area and so people can’t afford bigger store spaces. I would tell my friends to go to Nest Bedding instead of a box store. They'll get a superior product and good customer service there.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I just received my first wool comforter, ordered from Nest. There must be something dishonest driving their online profile and reviews. I paid $300 for a what turns out to be a thin blanket... Described as luxury, it looks like it would barely pass in a cheap dorm room. The outer material was described as "sateen" but is cheap and rough. I would have been sorry to pay $50 for this comforter. I can't speak for their other products, but nothing about this blanket makes me want to "Nest". I don't know how they get away with this level of deception.

Hi Leah,

I'm sincerely sorry that this has been your experience. We want to take care of this issue as soon as possible. I will be writing briefly from my personal email to assist you with this need and confirm that you have received the appropriate product. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and giving us an opportunity to make it right.

Sincerely,

Todd

Original review: March 6, 2018

Nest Bedding was very good about setting us a mattress top. Initially it was too hard, but now it’s great. Their sales rep were very easy to work with, and delivery was on time. I'll tell friends to look into Nest Bedding. It was a great experience.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I had tried a couple other mattress brands online, and then I was able to go into Nest Bedding’s showroom in San Francisco and test out the mattress. That was a very nice experience just being able to actually sit on the bed and test it out before I purchased. The sales rep gave me a good insight into the mattress build and sleep preferences of typical people that buy the model that I was looking at. She was very friendly, and it was a very positive experience. I ended up settling on Nest and I made my very first Nest purchase, the Alexander Hybrid mattress. We like our bed. The mattress is comfortable, and we’re now sleeping well. We’re not having any night sweats, and we have less back pain. It has all been very good so far, and I’m really satisfied with Nest Bedding.

Original review: March 5, 2018

We went to the store and liked Nest Bedding products. We've bought two so far. A couple of years on the first one, probably a few months on the second one. The products have been great, of good quality and comfortable. Everybody was helpful and it was an easy process. The delivery team was good as well. It’s a good purchase.

Nest Bedding expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Nest Bedding is a family-owned, factory-direct mattress and bedding company. Founded in 2011, its bedding is made in the U.S. and eco-friendly. It offers a 100-night, risk-free guarantee with its mattresses. Nest Bedding mattresses range from $400 to $1,500.

• Alexander Signature series: These memory foam mattresses range from twin to California king and can be purchased in soft, medium or luxury firm. They range from $900 to $1,400.

• Love & Sleep mattress: This mattress comes in medium or firm and from twin to California king sizes. It costs between $400 and $750.

• Risk-free trial: You can try your Nest Bedding mattress for 100 nights risk-free. If you don’t like it, the company will help you donate it to a local charity and issue you a refund.

• Warranty: Nest Bedding mattresses are all covered by a 10 or 20-year warranty for defects in materials and workmanship. If your mattress develops split seams, coil failure or a visible permanent compression greater than one inch, the company will repair or replace the mattress.

• Online or in store: You can buy Nest Bedding products online and enjoy free shipping, or you can visit any of their eight showroom locations in New York, California or Illinois.

• Best for: those who want a high quality, affordable mattress, people who prefer products made in the United States and those who want an eco-friendly mattress and bedding.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Nest Bedding Company Information