4.57/5

Need a good mattress?

Nest Bedding

Since 2011, Nest Bedding has provided our customers with factory-direct, quality and eco-friendly mattresses and bedding. We hand make our mattresses in the United States with Queen sizes starting at $599. Our natural bedding products include organic sheets and blankets for the whole family.

We have a 10+ year warranty, 100 night no risk trial, free shipping, and financing starting at 0%. What’s not to love? Try Nest Bedding today by visiting one of our eight locations in the New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago areas, or shop online.

View More View More

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Nest Bedding Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I slept on this mattress when visiting my son and really liked it. I got out Queen last week and have had the best night's sleep since then. Yesterday our guest from Italy arrived. I gave him my room while he’s here. The first thing out of his mouth this morning was “that is the best sleep I’ve had in a long, long time on that bed!” My husband had been thinking about getting a King for our bedroom to replace the memory foam but our guest’s positive testimony has convinced him. Lol. We will be ordering another one.

I find the negative comments difficult to believe. My son was initially sent the wrong mattress but was easily and quickly satisfied with Nest’s policy. He donated it and received the correct mattress. No problem. No bad faith. I ordered on a Thursday night and it showed up the next Wednesday evening in time for Thanksgiving. Arrived much quicker than expected. It was fun and easy to unpack and get onto the bed. It’s a thick mattress but our sheets fit fine. No sleeping adjustment required...I slept great the first night. I think my husband feels like I’ll never leave the guest room if he doesn’t buy the King. Lol.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Bought a bed from Nest, less than a month later we had a house fire. Everything is lost including our 4 cats and nest bed I made a whole 1 payment on. They told me I had to pay off the bed and they would sell me another at 50% off. So I will pay for 1.5 beds, have 1 fire damaged bed and 1 good one I can't currently use because... I AM HOMELESS!!!! No thanks. I did offer to roll up the ashen, smoke damaged, water logged mattress we found the body of my dead cat on. I was well under my 100 days and they have a life time warranty right?!!

Nest Bedding response

Hi. Our team offered you a replacement mattress at less than our own cost. You've chosen to leave this same negative review anywhere you can post and that is regrettable. Our team did not request that you return the damaged product.

We ourselves sympathize with your situation, as most of our team members in Paradise, CA, lost their homes in the recent Camp Fire, last November and most of them spent months homeless because of the terrible situation. We are also glad to hear you have insurance.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I would 10/10 NOT recommend the Alexander Hybrid Mattress to anyone. I test the mattress in one of the Nest Bedding pop-up stores and found the medium firmness to be comfortable. The mattress was very comfortable for about the first three months of use. After the three month point, I began to notice that the firmness of mattress was diminishing. One side of the mattress began to sink in far more than the other side. Both my partner and I have found this mattress to be extremely uncomfortable and to cause restless sleep.

After the one year mark of owning the mattress, I reached out to Nest Bedding customer service to see if they would exchange the mattress. After lots of back and forth, they asked me to send in pictures of the mattress without the sheets. The mattress had a protective sheet over it so the condition of the material was like new. In the photo, you could not see any indentations in the mattress, which is obviously expected, so they were not willing to exchange the mattress. I asked Nest Bedding if they would send a worker out to inspect the mattress in-person but they did not agree to this. I highly suggest spending your money on a more reputable company. The mattress was expensive and has led to nearly a year of bad sleep.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I wish a year ago I would have checked more reviews as I have also not had the greatest time working with Nest. I ordered my mattress with Nest less than a year ago. The first problem was shipping, the mattress was late and Nest told me I would get the mattress delivered to my door but the weight was too high for Fedex to bring it to me so I had to drive 20 miles to the fedex facility, pick up the mattress and take it to my eleventh floor apartment by myself. I am 125 lbs and it was pretty difficult to maneuver myself but I got it done. Nest sent me a pillow for my troubles.. Now 10 months later my mattress is having sinking issues on my side.

When I reached out to Nest about getting a new bed the employee I was emailing with told me I would get 50% off the new mattress because I had a "lifetime guarantee". Well a few weeks later I budgeted for the new mattress and was ready to purchase but when I reached out the new guy I was speaking with told me it was only a 30% discount and that the other employees was incorrect and would get spoken too. He proceeded to tell me that I would need to do a warranty check and send in pictures of the sinking mattress. So I proceeded to do so, and no response until I followed up a few days later to see what was happening.

Nonetheless he couldn't see any problem...which I figured would happen. So he said they would have someone contact me to physically come look at the mattress. At this point it has been a few weeks of this whole ordeal and I just let him know I would take the loss and go with a different mattress company that has it together a little more. Keeping in mind this whole time I never tried to get a free mattress or a refund. I simply wanted to purchase a new different mattress for the 50% off I was told in the beginning, but now I'll be purchasing elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

It's been about a year since I bought the mattress and it's been great. Lately there has been so much body indentation that I've been sinking in so much to the point of my back, neck and shoulders hurting a lot. As requested, I gave them all the pictures they need for the warranty claim and some more. This is what they came back with, "we not seeing very much at this point that would qualify for a warranty. The best thing is to get a 15-25 pound weight and place it on both sides of the mattress with a straight edge in front of it and see if it sinks further on one side over the other with a measuring tape."

This is a huge red flag for me because every picture I sent is clearly under the covered defects on their site. If you look at their warranty on their side, it clearly states "Visible indentation or sag of the foam mattress greater than one (1) inch that is not a result of improper use, an improper bed, bed base or foundation, including damaged caused by the use of flexing or bowed slats" is covered. I have sent in multiple pictures, angles of the bed sagging about 2 inches with zero weight. I've been "bedless" for almost 2 weeks, because my back hurts so much sleeping on this mattress, but however long it takes I will continue to jump through these hoops.

I will continue to jump through these hoops because this is a very expensive mattress in comparison to other bed in a box mattresses and I don't want to throw away ~1300 dollars, but we warned that you will be jumping through these hoops in the future. Just for reference we have a king sized bed, I am ~180 pounds and my partner is ~110 pounds. The base we use is an adjustable bed. I will be more than happy to continue to write updates on this to show to the consumers regarding what I genuinely believe everyone will face in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest Bedding?

Original review: March 11, 2019

I would definitely NOT recommend it to anyone. When they try to sell you the mattress they tell you it’s lifetime warranty which is a scam because their warranty is giving you 50% off a new mattress. Why would I buy from them again if I’m not happy with the one I have that’s less than 2 years. DO NOT WASTE your money. Ikea’s mattress are way better as well as their customer service. I tried to reach out to them about my problem with the mattress and even Amber communicated with Amber via email (because they’re too busy to take the time and speak with their customer) but nothing was resolve. NEST BEDDING are simply a SCAM and will probably go out of business soon. Check BBB site to see how many others are having issues like mine with this company. Rating 00000000.

Nest Bedding response

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your purchase. Our Lifetime Warranty can be referenced on our website.

Sounds like you've actually mixed up our warranty with a newer initiative we've designed to allow loyal customers to purchase more mattresses for their household down the road, at 50% off. This program is called our Lifetime Comfort Guarantee, which can be referenced on our website.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchased an Alexander hybrid medium mattress in the past that was too soft. Then I was given the suggestion by a customer service agent for me swap to the Alexander hybrid latex medium which was still too soft. They can't do additional exchanges which is fine so I decided to just return the second mattress. I specifically asked the customer service agent whether I would be able to purchase again in the future or if there were any restrictions on that since I had already tried and returned two mattress. It would have been fair for them to say I couldn't but that didn't happen.

I was clearly and plainly told via an email that I would in no way be affected on future purchases. And that I would be entitled to a new trial period, AND a return AND an exchange if need be. Then several months later I decided to try a new mattress from them that was better but still not providing the low back support I needed so I decided maybe Saatva or Avocado (something with zoned coils) would be better.

ONLY AT THAT POINT was I then told that I was no longer entitled to an exchange nor could I return the mattress. That it was final sale and I had to keep it no matter what issues I had. Then they point to a NEWLY CHANGED policy saying I can't return it if I've purchased in the past. How convenient that it was never mentioned at any point during my MANY MANY communications with them both in the past and recently. Not when I returned my previous mattress, not before I purchased my new one, not after I purchased the new one, nothing.

I was even given a LONGER trial in an attempt to get me to keep the mattress. But ONLY at the point where I mentioned returning the mattress was I suddenly told that I couldn't return my mattress and I was not entitled to a trial at all. So basically someone's lying and or being deceitful. Either the first customer service rep lied to get me to buy a new mattress knowing I couldn't return it. Or the new rep is lying because he knows I'm entitled to a return but he doesn't want to offer me one.

In addition they have never addressed my repeated mentions of the fact that I was very clearly told that I could try, exchange and return new mattresses in the future without issue. Well that was the farthest thing from the truth. It took 9 days to respond to me and that response only came about the day after I threatened to complain to the BBB. Then they give me excuses saying they have no proof of them ever telling me I could have more return and/or exchanges. So I respond by providing them this proof via past email correspondence. Which was of course followed by another 6 days of silence and multiple ignored messages. Apparently their method of handling the issue is to ignore me, provide me with invalid excuses, and then ignore me again when I show proof instead of admitting their own fault.

The worst part is my initial experience was great. But they ruined it now and I wouldn't trust them again in the future. Unless you're 100% sure you want a mattress that you've never even slept on before (which is no one), I could no longer recommend Nest Bedding. The mattresses themselves aren't bad. But the experience of finding the right one for you isn't worth the hassle.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Purchased a Hybrid Latex Queen mattress which felt comfortable in the store, but when trying it at home for several nights felt too firm and too tall. Simply too much mattress for us. Especially since my wife just had twins via c-section and getting in and out of bed is harder than it has ever been! It's also too much mattress for our West Elm bed frame! One side of the mattress doesn't even sit flush inside the side rail. Reached out to Nest CS, and was asked to send in pictures of the mattress which I did promptly.

48 hours later I receive a call from the NYC store manager (who helped me initially) saying that they cannot take back the mattress for a refund unless it's for a comfort issue, and that the mattress being too tall is not a comfort issue. The mattress is not the right fit for multiple reasons -- height, firmness and overall size! Yes, I understand that firmness can be adjusted perhaps, but the other factors in being satisfied with a mattress here are simply non negotiable.

FROM NEST'S SITE: "If a mattress exchange is not for you, worry not. As much as we hate to lose you from the Nest Bedding family, we also understand that sometimes our product may not be the right fit for your needs. Nest Bedding offers free returns on mattresses after the 30th night of your 100-night trial." Your so-called return policy is just lip-service to make customers believe that they are getting a different shopping experience from traditional mattress stores, but it is exactly the same if not worse! You fail to honor what is very clearly stated on YOUR site in plain English. Avoid Nest Bedding unless you are 1000% percent sure on your decision in buying a mattress. Otherwise you can kiss your ** goodbye. F- IN CUSTOMER CARE

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I bought a mattress from NEST and it ended up not being the best option for me. NEST has a return policy, which I went through the process to return the product. NEST does all they can to keep from having you get a new mattress or a refund. I was asked to take pictures of the tag, mattress with no sheets and the frame I was using. I was asked to walk on the bed to break it in. To keep the mattress at least 30 days. I was offered a topper. None of which solved the fact the bed hurt my shoulders when I slept.

Then, I was told to take the mattress and donate it since they do not take returns (but they will send a disposal company for the mattress) and send proof I donated it. When I stated I would donate it, but I would like my money back because I still needed to find another mattress I was accused of trying to commit fraud. I filed a complaint with the BBB, donated the mattress to Goodwill, sent proof to NEST and finally received a full refund. If you don't like your mattress and wish to call NEST on their return policy, good luck, it's all on the customer. Would never recommend this company to anyone due to the customer service post sale.

To Whom it May Concern:

This customer was granted a return or exchange 10-days early despite our published requirement of a minimum of 30-days on the mattress. All fees were waived as an accommodation for his need and we offered to assist in helping the customer find a local donation option or a free pick-up and disposal of the mattress. The customer requested a full refund before the mattress was picked-up or was donated. The following response was provided:

"Thank you for writing and for considering a local donation. Unfortunately, due to issues with fraud in the past, we have a pretty rigid policy on refunds being provided before the item purchased is removed from the home. I'm sincerely sorry for this inconvenience. I will gladly have a pick-up scheduled if that makes it easier for your need."

The customer escalated heavily. The following response was received:

"After going through what I have with NEST (multiple e-mails, walking around on the bed as asked, pictures, many sleepless nights, and now not even using the product) to accuse me of potentially trying to commit fraud against your company is a real shame. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, I

As I sit here, both of my shoulders still have lingering pain. That is from your product."

Our response and apology for the confusion:

"Thank you for your candid feedback. My response, nor our policy, is intended to insinuate anything about you or your character. My sincere apologies that it is being interpreted in that way. Please let me know how and when you would like to proceed with the return and refund and I will gladly assist.

I'm sincerely sorry that this has upset you."

The customer provided a donation receipt on day 25 and a full refund was provided via PayPal within 4 hrs of submission of the donation receipt as an accommodation for his need and urgency. I do encourage any future customers who are reading this to contact us directly if you have any needs or would like more information about this review or interaction.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Nicole, in Costa Mesa, CA, sold my daughter and I mattresses and I purchased a adjustable bed. I was going to wait and do research but she told us about the 100 days to try it out and if not happy you can return the item for an exchange or full refund. She recommended a bed that can be controlled by an app. That app is terrible. I worked for months with the manufacturer and Nicole to take care of the problem but it still exists. I found out that after I ordered the adjustable bed that I could not return the adjustable bed even when there was a problem with it. No 30 days, not even one day return policy. The app has a rating of 1.7 and many people have the same problem I am having but still they will not take the adjustable bed back.

Nest Bedding expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Nest Bedding is a family-owned, factory-direct mattress and bedding company. Founded in 2011, its bedding is made in the U.S. and eco-friendly. It offers a 100-night, risk-free guarantee with its mattresses. Nest Bedding mattresses range from $400 to $1,500.

• Alexander Signature series: These memory foam mattresses range from twin to California king and can be purchased in soft, medium or luxury firm. They range from $900 to $1,400.

• Love & Sleep mattress: This mattress comes in medium or firm and from twin to California king sizes. It costs between $400 and $750.

• Risk-free trial: You can try your Nest Bedding mattress for 100 nights risk-free. If you don’t like it, the company will help you donate it to a local charity and issue you a refund.

• Warranty: Nest Bedding mattresses are all covered by a 10 or 20-year warranty for defects in materials and workmanship. If your mattress develops split seams, coil failure or a visible permanent compression greater than one inch, the company will repair or replace the mattress.

• Online or in store: You can buy Nest Bedding products online and enjoy free shipping, or you can visit any of their eight showroom locations in New York, California or Illinois.

• Best for: those who want a high quality, affordable mattress, people who prefer products made in the United States and those who want an eco-friendly mattress and bedding.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Nest Bedding Company Information