Craftmatic Adjustable Beds

4.8/5 (4728 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

Craftmatic sells adjustable beds and mattresses in twin, full, queen and king sizes. It offers three models with various features like wave massage, child safety locks, anti-snore positions and built-in lights. Each model comes with a remote control. Customers must order an adjustable bed over the phone and can return any product within 30 days.

Pros

• Wireless remote controllers
  • Safety lights and locks
  • Programmable positions

Cons

• Can’t order online
  • Must pay shipping for returns

Bottom Line

Craftmatic offers a number of adjustable bed options. Its models have different levels of comfort and convenience. Each model offers a wireless remote for easy use. You have to call for pricing and purchase.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Adjustable Beds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Craftmatic makes an excellent product, but they need to join the 21st Century when it comes to sales tactics. It is almost impossible to buy a bed from this company. I have contacted them three times, two different sales representatives have called me. Both give different information. I had to explain to both what a zero-clearance concept is. I was quoted two different prices and now cannot get anyone to respond to me. When I call, I stay on hold until the call disconnects. It should not be this hard to get information or make a purchase. PLEASE PLEASE update your sales and marketing approach. Too many good adjustable beds out there these days for it to be this hard.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

I am so sorry you are having difficulty. I am having a senior representative reach out to you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

The phone ordering my Craftmatic Adjustable bed I was told what best mattresses they had, upon arrival of my new mattress my first impression was it looks like a mattress from the Goodwill store, after a few nights of sleeping on it I was convinced it was cheaper than the mattress from the Goodwill, Springs are popping and poking me, I can feel and hear the Springs compress, 90% of a bed even though it's adjustable is the mattress. I could have got the same effect with the sheet of cardboard, the base and the adjustability are great but that's it, you can only adjust a bad mattress so much, does not make it more comfortable.

When you spend over $4,000 for a bed, one would expect a mattress to be somewhat of a high-quality, they put the cheapest mattress on top of an adjustable bed frame and expect you to be comfortable. Customer service is a nightmare to get ahold of. They don't return your calls. Oh, you're on hold for hours and then sometimes get hung up on, I would give less than 1 star if I could.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

I am sorry you are disappointed with your mattress. Because the mattress on an adjustable bed has to be flexible, they are built differently. It is possible you are used to a different style mattress and it does take time to get used to a new one. I am having our customer service manager contact you about swapping out your mattress for a different style.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I've had Craftmatic before many years ago and I like it, and so I got another one, and I just love it especially the raising and lowering feature as well as the vibration. They're both restful.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I was in the market for a new bed and I thought I'd like to change from the flat bed purchase to an adjustable bed purchase. I had a great experience with the Craftmatic sales rep and since having the bed, I enjoy its overall adjustability and being able to change positions if you need to.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

My husband had hurt is back and had a major back infection last year, and it was hard for him to sleep and be comfortable. We spoke to a sales representative who was very helpful and pleasant to talk to, and we got the Craftmatic bed. My husband puts it in zero gravity and within five minutes, his pain is gone. Then, he could sleep wonderfully at night.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I had a great experience with the Craftmatic sales representative. And having purchased the bed, I now enjoy being able to raise the head part of the bed so that it relieves acid reflux.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have backaches and I understood that the Craftmatic bed is good in helping one sleep better. So, I purchased the bed and I like it where the head is up. I now sleep better and deeper.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

The sales representative who sold us the bed was good and we like the bed's features for the elevation of the head and legs part. Also, my husband likes the massager.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My experience with the Craftmatic sales rep was very good. I enjoy the adjustability of my Craftmatic bed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Due to the back pain, I purchased a Craftmatic Adjustable Bed. The sales rep was very informative. I like the bed because I can raise it up and raise my legs up. And I don't get up with a backache. We adjust it low enough so we can sit on the edge of the bed now and get the thing close. My wife enjoys that part of it too.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

With severe health problems, I bought a Craftmatic adjustable bed and we enjoy it. It gives us comfort and a good night’s rest. My experience with the sales rep was also excellent.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I've had a Sealy Posturepedic for five years and I was looking for a new bed. I've had two knee operations, and with the Craftmatic bed, it was convenient to elevate my feet. It causes my legs to relax and get the pressure off them and the heart is lower than the legs which provides less swelling. I go to sleep every night with Craftmatic. The relaxing massage is good. The vibration is soothing. I would buy this bed again. I definitely would advise anyone that is looking for a bed to try the Craftmatic and they'll be pleased. The sales rep was friendly without being overly friendly and he was the best Craftmatic salesman you could ever have. He was right on the money. He explained everything and it was better than I thought it would be.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

The sales rep did a good job going through everything with me. Got it here within two weeks, got everything set up and everything came with the part. I like that both sides of it has their own remote controls, which are wireless. Also, there’s a night light under the bed that can function if you have to go the loo in the middle of the night without falling. The massaging part helps me go to sleep.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I've had a Craftmatic before for 18 years and I got a new one again last year. I've enjoyed it and it's comfortable. I enjoy having it to raise my legs up 'cause I have trouble with my legs swelling and it always helps me not to do that. I also elevate the head part and I can watch TV better at night. So, I recommended for other people to use them 'cause they last a long time.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

The sales rep was very nice, friendly and I enjoyed talking to him. I enjoy that I can adjust the bed to sit up, and that’s the main thing I do it for. I’m 91 years old and I have to go to bed early, and now I am able to sit up and read or watch TV. I am also happy about changing my linen. I can adjust it up and do the bottom, and that’s a good part too because it’s getting a little bit hard to do these things at my age now.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I like the comfort of the Craftmatic bed. I enjoy the feature of adjustment on my legs and my shoulders and neck because I snore. I don't snore as much now that I have the Craftmatic. I don't have my mouth open. And for my legs, it's to have them elevated. Moreover, I had an excellent experience with the Craftmatic sales rep who was very informative. I liked that Craftmatic brought the bed in, put it together and took care of everything. They took the old bed out and that was very helpful for me.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

It was an excellent experience with the Craftmatic sales rep. The bed is adjustable and I like that. I can raise the head and feet. Also, I can sleep more comfortably.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

We’ve been married 60 years, and we’ve had the Craftmatic for 12 years. We like to raise the head of the bed so that we can read and make the bed. It is much better to make the bed, particularly with the contour sheet, if we raise the head and then we raise the foot. We have received two calls from Mark, and we have taken his advice.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

So we bought the Craftmatic bed and it broke a year or so after the purchase. My wife has emailed, called, and complained for over 6 months. The best answer is that they do not have the plastic part - it's out of stock. How can it be out of stock if it is on every bed they sell. At least that time we received a response. Every other time, she has been ignored. #horribleCS

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

I am sorry it took so long to get you a part. There was a design change in the motor and the motor cap you needed was on back order. We were able to locate one for you and ship it out.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The man who came was great in putting the Craftmatic bed up. The bed is really great too. I like the thing that makes you go up and down ‘cause I can take different positions. I had a Craftmatic before and I had it for quite a while.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

The salesperson was very professional and I chose to go with Craftmatic because of their reputation. I also enjoy the bed's remote control.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I purchased the Craftmatic bed about 4 years ago and it's broke down twice. This time they have shuffled their feet at my request. I have breathing issues and edema in my legs. I have explained the need for the bed to work and they blew me off by saying the part is on back order and I either have to fix it myself or pay $175 for them to come out. Very uncaring and expensive to own if you have to pay due to their defects.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

Your part is under warranty however it was on back order from the factory. The part came in and was shipped to you however there is a cost to having a technician come out if you do not want to snap the part on yourself. There are many customers who have beds that are over 30 years old that have never had an issue. In your case the cover just snaps on and should be very easy to fix without needing anyone to come out. We supplied the part under warranty at no charge.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I like the way the Craftmatic mattress is made. I love to be able to raise the head and the feet. My husband uses it higher than I do, but I like it a little bit. He also likes the vibration a lot. The sales rep was great, too.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

My paralyzed mother had a Craftmatic bed that she wanted raised higher. She called them and they said she had to buy a new bed and they'd install risers on a new bed. She did. After 2 years the riser (a bolt) bent under the weight of the bed and it broke off. Someone sat on the bed and it gave way and she looked under the bed to find the bent bolt lying on the floor. It took time for the bolt to bend because it wasn't installed correctly.

The repair dept supervisor, Denae **, was unwilling to make this right. She actually disconnected our phone call several times and would not allow me to talk to anyone else. She maintained that my mother should have called right after it was installed if it was installed incorrectly. This supervisor could not understand that for a bolt that thick to bend under the weight of the bed it would take time. And it may have broken off earlier but it wasn't found until a person sat on the side of the bed near the end and the bed gave way. But the fact is that if it was installed correctly it should have been able to bear the weight of the bed and it didn't. It bent.

It's unacceptable that this company touts their reputation and service as exemplary when they couldn't make this situation right by repairing what was so obviously shoddy installation. They couldn't stand behind their product and service. They don't deserve to have a good standing with the BBB and consumer affairs. Please revise their standing. Thank you.

Beth,

(on behalf of Maggie, craftmatic bed owner)

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds response

It took me a bit to find your mothers account because you only listed your information on the complaint. Our staff has spoken with your mother. The warranty does not cover abuse of the bed. Someone sat on the end of the bed with enough force to bend the metal leg. Your mother told our staff it was a caregiver. Because the bed is higher and the legs are longer they can bend if abused. We sent replacement legs as a courtesy at no cost. The leg was installed properly and it was about two years after the installation that the damage occurred. We hope the replacement legs will solve the current issue but caution you against having someone heavy sitting at the edge of the foot of the bed.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Craftmatic was very courteous and on time with their delivery. I enjoy its vibration feature and adjustability.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

At first, we had problems with the rep from Craftmatic at first, but it worked out pretty good. I had their bed before and I enjoyed it. I have problems with my back and leg. I like the fact that it reclines and I enjoy the massage. It relaxes me. The bed is exceptional and I have recommended it to a friend. There’s nothing like sleeping on a Craftmatic bed. You can get some rest. I’ve been able to turn over and snore very well.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I had a good experience with Craftmatic's sales rep and I like their bed's ability to adjust.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I enjoy the adjustable nature of the Craftmatic bed. It lowers and raises and helps my wife get in and out of bed more easily. I had a very, very good experience working with the sales rep, and the people who delivered the bed did a good job too.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I had a Craftmatic adjustable bed previously and I liked it. I like the reclining part of it and you can adjust the level of it. I would recommend it to someone else.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

We had the first Craftmatic, which was a single bed, for 11 years. And then we went to a double bed two years ago. I enjoy the vibrating part the most. Also the sales reps were excellent. They explained everything clearly.

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds Company Information