3.17/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an adjustable bed?

23 Reverie Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The reason I am posting this review is maybe it will help someone else get the sleep they need too. I had gone through a divorce 3 years previous and felt like I had moved on but I was still sleeping poorly and infrequently resorting to taking ** and ** to get to sleep and stay asleep. It finally occurred to me that maybe a new bed would help, mine was 15 years old and probably too firm. I shopped around for a day or 2. Tried laid on a few mattresses but put it off because of cost. I went to Costco to shop, talked to a salesperson at the Reverie booth, laid on the bed etc. He had to run up front with some customers that were buying a bed. I told him I would wait. I laid on the bed for 30 min, I may have even fallen asleep. He explained how the bed could be adapted to my body type and the benefits that I would discover from being able to adjust the bed and the mattress itself.

It took me another 6 months of less than stellar sleep then I finally had enough. I sought out the salesperson. Ordered an adjustable base and mattress. It could not arrive fast enough. It was set up while I was away, but my kids had already given it a test drive and were asking for their own. The first 2 nights were weird, I did not know if I liked how the bed felt, but I did wake up feeling less stiff and sore. The 3rd or 4th night was when I became 100% convinced that a bed can make a difference. I slept so well I dreamed again, I don't think I had dreamed like that for 20 years or more. I have owned the bed now since June 2017 and am still loving it.

The only downside is now I want one at my other home and to haul the mattress camping with me, it really is that good. I work out and cycle 3-4 times per week and the adjustable bed with the light massage is incredible, have a cold, tilt the head up a bit and sleep better, need to read or don't want to get out of bed just yet tilt it up and go to work. Adjusting the firmness was a concern, I went with a Medium setup and I have not touched it since. I am now remarried and my wife could and would give the same review, this bed is the best thing and the sleep I am getting is worth every penny I paid for it. Thank you Reverie for making a product that has helped me so much. If you are looking for a bed, buy one, they will take it back if you don't love it, but don't count on it. Best piece of furniture in my house.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My wife and I bought this Reverie bed from Costco in February 2017. Randy, our sales representative, gave us a great job of giving us an overall of all the features of the bed and the ways we could customize it to our needs. He even went out of his way to give us his number in case anything came up or if we had any questions. Getting everything set up was easy as Reverie helped coordinate shipping and when it was delivered to our home the deliverymen carefully brought everything in and built up the bed in our master bedroom.

As soon as we laid down on it, everything functioned as it should have and felt very comfortable. Reverie also followed up to see how everything was going to ensure we absolutely loved it. Overall, we are happy with our purchase and recommend it to those who are on the fence. I've had to tweak the springs to be firmer in spots and Reverie also provides customs solutions to customers as well. Originally I wanted to leave this review on Costco.com but since the product isn't sold on their website this was the next best thing.

Get expert buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We purchased a bed at Costco. We are completely satisfied with Jason, the sales staff, the delivery service and the bed. Jason has been more than helpful. He even gave us his personal phone number which he answers promptly. The delivery of our bed came sooner than expected. The delivery crew was beyond careful with our hardwood floors and antique headboard. They provided excellent instructions on how to use the bed. We love this bed. We have never had a better nights sleep. We totally recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Recently my husband and I purchased a Reverie bed and I would like to share our experience with you and anyone looking to purchase a Reverie bed. We made the purchase at a Costco Roadshow. The Sales Representative, Randy, was great. We felt very comfortable with making the purchase of the bed. Our bed was delivered as promised, actually earlier than expected, which was great. The delivery men showed us how to use the bed and set up the remote control, they were very nice. The day after delivery, we received a follow up phone call from Reverie Customer Service to check and make sure that everything went as it was supposed to. We had no complaints.

I was having some problems setting up the app on my cell phone so they said they would have someone from their technical department help me out. Within the hour I received a phone call from a technician wanting to help me set up the app. We were out at the time so they left me the phone number and asked me to call when it was convenient. I forgot about it and two days later I received a phone call from the same technician and he was very helpful in walking me through setting up the app with my bed. About a week later they followed up with a phone call to make sure everything was working and that we like the bed. Again, everything is great. A couple of weeks ago we received a phone call from Reverie asking how we were doing with the bed, again, we love the bed and we are sleeping better than ever. I think this is a great company with the best beds and terrific customer service.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I bought my bed two years ago. It didn't work when I bought it, Reverie kept telling me a fix was just around the corner. 2 years later the thing still doesn't work. I have been in contact with the company, too many times to count, and they still don't have a resolution to my problem. Never buy anything from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reverie?

Original review: April 27, 2018

My husband and I purchased a King mattress, box springs and Reverie adjustable base from Sleep Experts on 10/10/2015. The bed has given us no issues except when they delivered it, it came with 2 remotes, only 1 of them work??? The last month or so, the remote that works now does not work anymore. I called Reverie over and over again and was not able to reach anyone. Finally, I changed up the prompts that I pushed and finally got a hold of a gentleman named "Jeremy". He said I need my Serial # and to be by the bed to troubleshoot it. He said they would be there till 6 pm E/T, I told him that I had a hard time getting thru to someone so ask him to call me back, he said that he could not and that if I call later on that day, that it would not be busy! WRONG!

I called and called and called, could not reach anyone and still have not been able to get a hold of anyone!!! This is so unprofessional, I have left voice mail after voice mail asking for a callback and still have not received one almost a month later! At this point, my only option is to contact the BBB and see if they can assist or contact an attorney. My husband and I paid close to $5000 for this bed and it has a warranty, there is no reason why I can not get the service I need! Will not EVER purchase another Reverie product!!!

Original review: April 24, 2018

My husband purchased a Reverie king mattress and adjustable base (Costco SKU 1134815) and mattress protector for a split top bed (Costco SKU 1134841) on 04-04-2018. Two days after that purchase, I called the Reverie special order number, as instructed by Gregory **, to confirm the purchase. After encountering a few questions about the mattress and frame, I called Reverie customer support line (1-800-456-7383) but my calls went unanswered. There is an option for call back on the phone system which I chose twice and each time, my phone would ring less than once, then hang up. Frustrated, I called several times after that and never reached an actual person. This solidifies the complaints online about ATROCIOUS customer service at Reverie.

I called on 4-23-18 bright and early to cancel my order and the first thing rep. Dave said was that he didn't even see my order was confirmed and was going to call me later that day to do so. As you recall, I confirmed the order 2 days after the purchase date. It's a good thing though because if I can't reach the customer service and I don't even have the bed yet, I will most likely never be able to reach them if I encounter a problem after owning the bed. I requested that my pending order be cancelled and was told by Dave that he would call me back later that day for confirmation. I never received a call and when I called back, the automated message said that all associates were busy. I pressed the emergency line (number 2) and stayed on hold for 5-10 mins only to be disconnected by their system.

Today, 04-24-18, I called once again bright and early. Got the standard "Your wait time is less than two minutes" and when the phone was answered, I was hung up on. I called back and spoke to Arheem who said that the cancellation order was placed at 11:30ish yesterday and that it takes 24 hours to process. He also said they would be calling me back today with a cancellation number to give to Costco to process the return which was paid on a Costco CitiBank card. I won't hold my breath for a callback. I have since purchased a different sleep system that will be delivered tomorrow vs. 4-6 weeks with Reverie. This is the worst experience of customer service I have ever encountered, right up there with Comcast. Please relay this message to your supervisor and adjust the problem with advanced training on customer service and efficiency.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My experience with Reverie has been the WORST!!! I had my product for 1 year exactly when it broke. The warranty department has been NO help whatsoever! I was told my product would be delivered in 2 to 4 weeks. It has been over 3 months and I am still waiting. Every time I contact Reverie I am told I will be receiving a call about my delivery. I NEVER RECEIVE THAT CALL! This is the WORST customer service experience I have ever had. I hope I never have to deal with them again!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We had the mattress a few months and noticed loss of support after 2 months. Company said to move foam plugs for better support. Problem only got worse. This mattress is expensive and very uncomfortable. Now Denver mattress will only give us 50% of purchase price in credit.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My adjustable bed stopped working on Sunday night 8/13/17. I called the customer service number at Reverie on Monday 8/14/17. I explained what occurred to the representative. She asked questions and listened to my description very patiently. She then told me she was sending out the parts. She said a Reverie tech could do the work, or a tech from the store where I purchased the bed could do it. I asked if she would send instructions with the parts, as my son is handy. The next day, Tuesday 8/15/17, the parts arrived via UPS. My son was able to do the work and the bed is back in working order. This is a bed I bought in 2015. I am very pleased with the company and also with this particular customer representative.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My experience with my purchase with the Serta base from Reverie has been awful! The vibration started about 3 months ago, and calling the customer service department is a joke! I purchased a Twin XL from Mattress Direct for $3,300.00, like one of the other reviews I read said how it was no problem taking your money but when you have a problem, it's like “Your problem, not ours!” I will never purchase anything from this company ever again!

Original review: July 25, 2017

On July 6, 2017, I placed an online order for two sets of leg extenders for my king size adjustable bed. I purchased my bed a couple years ago from another store but Reverie was the supplier for the equipment. The charge for the leg extenders was immediately charged to my credit card. Today is July 25, 2017 and I have not yet received my order. I was able to reach someone on the phone about four days ago and was given a lie that I would be contacted by phone with the status of my order.

That was six days ago. I have been trying for the past 48 hours to reach someone by phone again, but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm thinking I need to call my credit card company to report fraud. I think that all the mattress companies who uses Reverie should stop using them because the customer service and follow-up sucks. I think it's a "one man show" so here we go with trying to get our money refunded and looking for another source for leg extenders. If anyone has any suggestions on another parts provider where they are satisfied, please let me know asap! Thanks so much!

Original review: June 1, 2017

Bought a mattress and adjustable base from Art Van furniture. Had six months when the base completely broke, wood and metal just shattered. This was in March. Tomorrow is the 1st of June and I'm still getting the runaround. Reverie doesn't return calls or emails and when they do, they constantly lie. They keep telling me they're sending a new base, that they've credited the store so we can get a new base because they can't get us one, the store says they've never been contacted... I'm so sick of this crap and especially sick of "Andrew" who has his head so far up his **. It isn't funny! Buy from a different company!

Original review: May 5, 2017

We purchased the 9T model and the bed was fine the first night, but the controller died on night # 2. A week later we're still waiting on them to ship replacement parts. I kinda got the feeling we weren't that important maybe. I would rate the bed high but their customer service is not good. Post shipment is one of the main reasons why I choose to use companies over again and my experience with Reverie could have been much better. One would think after buying a $4K mattress base, you would get some decent post shipment support. Just saying.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We purchased our Reverie and took delivery ten months ago. The delivery company installed things incorrectly and it took our phone calls and initiative to discover that Reverie delivery teams have very little training to know the basics of assembling their beds. While, I appreciate how the bed sleeps, our experience with lots of issues and requests for resolution is very negative. There are issues that relate to poor design of the frame and bluetooth unit. There are issues with lack of response from the customer service personnel.

The mattress is 6"+ from the wall or headboard. Because of this large gap, the pillows fall down to the floor. Our headboard bracket does not attach securely to the frame and the headboard sways back and forth. I have sent pictures and made phone calls with no resolution. The remote on the left side will sometimes produce response on the opposite side. The vibrating motors lack adequate rubberized mounting so items on shelves 15 feet away will rattle and move when operating the vibrating feature.

Because this has corner brackets on the mattresses, when raising the head of the bed the mattress is forced tight against the lower brackets, it requires some real effort to lift the mattress up from the brackets to get sheets and blankets around the corners. If you have back problems, this effort while leaning over can certainly be an issue. I inquired about making the bed with the salesman who made it sound like it is easy and requires no heavy lifting. Definitely misleading!

I have requested for 10 months to return this bed and try the newer system (9T) since most of these issues are design related and I have been told they would look into that, but no response. The bluetooth units on the split king should each be installed on the outside edge so you can reach them when having to re-pair the remotes. They come located on the right side, so the left mattress' bluetooth unit is located in the middle underside of the bed. We have had to re-pair the remotes numerous times to attempt to resolve frequency and connectivity issues. To re-pair the remotes, you must push a button on the bluetooth unit and push buttons on the remote at the same time--not easy. I have crawled under this bed many, many times to work with the bluetooth unit and send Reverie pictures.

Lastly, from a safety standpoint, we have suggested that these bluetooth units be installed on the underside of the outside corners at the foot of the bed for the same reason it is recommended that you do not have your cell phone close to your head/body while sleeping. Cell phones come with a warning about operating their phones close to your body, but Reverie provides no such notice about the health risks of the location of the bluetooth unit, which the consumer has no ability to alter to protect themselves. They have chosen to mount the bluetooth unit 14" below your hips. This poses a health risk that could be easily resolved but once again, no response. I am thankful I purchased this from Costco so I have them to support us on this expensive purchase.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

The bed was adjustable to fit in my bedroom and it was comfortable enough to lay down and get a nice rest. I did not have trouble with the assembly. The warranty had 1 year. But after 1 year you have to pay for it. If it gets damage you could exchange it or get a refund. I think it won't get damage since it was in good shape. The staff that work there were not nice. They were arrogant and did not greet or smile at customers at all. Employees now in days are all arrogant and mean. The value was great. There was no damage to the bed. It is well worth what it cost. The assembly was a little bit hard but I did with help of others.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

Have amazing features that all adjustable beds must have. It has ultimate comfort and can customizable to your likings. The bed is made professional and can comfort back pain. The bed can make your sleep schedule better. The warranty of the adjustable bed is outstanding. This can cover for 20 years which is an outstanding deal. If you are not satisfied with the bed you can 100% full refund back after 101 days. Customer service is as well great but the downside is customer service is through the weekdays. They as well have a customer service email. The service is as well the same as some brands. The deal of the bed is really great and has some very great features added on to the bed. It has many custom features that is really outstanding for the value of the adjustable bed.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I like the overall features as it covers with a basic sheet, but can also customize it by replacing it or hitting a switch. This allows me to adjust the mattress accordingly and is pretty nice to have. The warranty covers everything there is from the mattress to the build structure you make. It also gives you a good amount of options and room to work around the warranty to customize your purchase. The customer service was pretty good as it gives me access to everything I need. The value is pretty good as well since there was no problems at all and there was more than enough value for the purchase.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

You can move the side from the head and the legs up and down to make this as comfortable as possible for you at night. The mattress is from really good quality. The warranty is for 2 years and I got it for an additional price that was reasonable for this kind of bed. Completely describes the quality of this kind of bed, the warranty. The customer service was very helpful in every single question I had. They took their time with me and I felt good as a customer. Would highly recommend the customer service. The value of this kind of bed was very reasonable, a good price for best quality. The bed itself was expensive but last me for a very long time.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I really like it when you sleep it's very comfortable and relaxing when there is not much to do at the top of the say and I say to you that it's great way to relax is to buy this bed. It is very good because when something is wrong it is easier to replace without a hassle and the staff helping you are so friendly and there every step of the way to ensure you enjoy your purchase. The team is professional and help is always there 24 hrs and 7 days a week. They look out for your best interest and support from the beginning to help you out and keep a smile on my face. I like to say that they are the best at what they do. Each day the staff supports your everyday feeling that the company has to do that for me and you to have the best thing ever.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

It doesn't really have any features but the bed is incredible to sleep on. It's very soft and you wake up feeling great with no pain whatsoever. The warranty is great, I definitely recommend people to get it. If anything happens to it, they give you another one without any payments. Customer service is great, they help you with exactly what you need help with. And they don't take long to help you, and it's super fast and they don't take long to answer. The value of the bed is great, is very soft and it's a great cushion not hard. It's very delicate though you have to be very careful with the bed.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

It has a design where it is really cute and gorgeous. I also love its foam, it gives us a really good night sleep, and siestas too. It also is the best bed we have used. The warranty of the adjustable bed we bought is really a great deal. Its warranty lasts up to one year and I may say it won't ever need a warranty for it is really good and won't break easily. The seller of the adjustable bed is really caring to us, customers, for they really explained every detail about the adjustable bed they are selling. They are also attending the customers in most and best ways. The value of the adjustable bed we bought is really worth of your time, money, and effort. I would highly recommend this to the people I know and to the people who are willing to buy any bed that is adjustable.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

We purchased our Reverie beds, XL twins, nearly one year ago. They were ordered online from Mattress Firm. They arrived on time, including the mattresses. Everything was set up exactly as advertised. We LOVE them. They sit side by side creating a king size bed. We haven't had one problem with the adjustable operation or the vibrators which we use every night. The only recommendation we would suggest is that the feet could raise a little higher.

Not sure about Reverie?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Adjustable Beds for you.

Reverie expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Reverie makes mattresses with a special DreamCell technology that's designed to help users achieve a deeper and more restful sleep. They are remote controlled and offer a wide range of flexibility.

• Variety: Reverie's beds come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Customers can choose from Twin Extra Long, Queen, King, California King and Split King.

• Configuration: They offer the option of configuring your bed depending on your specific preferences. Each area of the bed can be made softer or firmer in order to help you get the best night of sleep.

• All natural: Reverie uses all natural rubber that is breathable, hypoallergenic and antimicrobial in order to help keep your bed clean. The materials they use are also eco-friendly and have less of an impact on the environment than the materials that many other companies use.

• Adjustability: Reverie's beds offer maximum adjustability that allows both the head and the base to move positions and adjust to your liking. This is great for beds shared by two people because the dual adjustability allows each person to find the most comfortable position.

• Massage function: These beds also feature a massage function that can help to relax muscles and reduce stress. This feature is great for anyone with back pain or people recovering from surgery or an injury.

• Best for: Singles, couples, the elderly and post-op.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Bloomfield Hills
    MI
    www.reverie.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business