Personal Comfort Bed

Personal Comfort Bed

2.3/5 (38 ratings)

About Personal Comfort Bed

Personal Comfort® is a sister company of American National Manufacturing, Inc. and we are both owned by the same parent company. The company is steeped in a long tradition and history of building mattresses that can be personalized to meet the ever-changing demands of the body while achieving better sleep. For 40 years, American National Manufacturing has been a leading maker of sleeping surfaces in both consumer and medical markets.

Personal Comfort Bed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Comfort Bed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Comfort?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Order# **. Order Date: 06/02/2022. We were excited to make a purchase from Personal Comfort. The excitement turned to disappointment and frustration once we began setting up the Personal Comfort Sleep system, which included the H12 Queen Flexhead mattress and what was supposed to be an adjustable base with an adjustable height. There were TOO MANY falsely-advertised features, defective issues, and poor workmanship issues to make this a purchase worth keeping. We immediately contacted Personal Comfort and they began playing games about how to enhance the comfort. We repeatedly requested a response in writing starting on 06/23/2022 through 08/22/2022 and have never received a reply to resolve these issues or to start the return process for these items.

We do not want anything to do with this company due to the false advertisement and refusal to communicate or to start the return process for falsely advertised-items and defective items. We wrote a polite detailed letter complaining of the issues and to this date, Personal Comfort refuses to communicate in writing about these issues. If a company cannot honestly advertise what products they are going to send you, we believe that such is fraudulent behavior. We cannot and will not be happy about paying for falsely-advertised and defective items. We have the time, resources and will to attempt to hold Personal Comfort legally responsible for its lack of integrity.

As such, we would highly recommend that anyone who is considering ordering from Personal Comfort look elsewhere. Particularly, learn from our mistake. Perhaps, choose a company that has retail locations where you can visit to get your eyeballs on the product that you will be ordering. Some of the specific issues that we raised with Personal Comfort AS SOON AS WE SET UP THE BED are listed below.

"1. The chemical smell emanating from the mattress is intolerable and sickening. We allowed three days for the smell to dissipate but it persists.

2. The Queen H12 Flex-Head mattress WAS pictorially-represented as being 12" in height with the writing "12"" shown on the mattress. The total mattress height is barely ten inches.

3. The reinforcement trim cloth that wraps the top panel of the mattress, represented pictorially in the advertising photo, is absent from the mattress that we received. The mattress, as it arrived, would not have been purchased if honestly presented in advertising photographs.

4. We are unable to adjust the height of the bed (adjustable base) as listed in the advertising-"Adjustable legs to adjust bed height to your preference." There are only non-adjustable legs with the Power Flex 4 adjustable bases.

5. The bed is uncomfortable to sleep upon. We switched to a different bed for sleep within three hours after trying different comfort levels.

6. It is never mentioned that it requires two remote controls to operate the Personal Comfort bed system. Based solely on this factor, we would not have purchased a system with non-integrated remote controls.

7. The two "wireless remotes" do not work wirelessly; they must be plugged into a port via USB in order to retain power and work.

8. There is a light beneath one of the Power Flex 4 adjustable bases that will not turn off.

9. We have little faith that the Personal Comfort bed system will last more than two to three years. The workmanship is quite simply unimpressive and represents the most poorly-constructed bed that we have purchased.

10. In general, the Personal Comfort bed system that arrived is flimsy, poorly manufactured, clumsy to control, offensive to the nose, too low to the ground, uncomfortable, and generally unpleasant to view."

Caleb,

Thank you for sending this over. We see you have multiple service tickets and notes on your order. It appears management is also working on a resolution for your case. It appears upper management has also attempted to contact you several times regarding your concerns.

Thanks,

Personal Comfort

Original review: May 27, 2022

We are highly disappointed. We received our product. Company that delivers set up a defective product. They had no idea how to set up bed and even admitted to it. To top it off when they completed set up they neglected to inform us that the pump only worked on one side. Plus the base bed remotes were defective. Missing control buttons. When they left like all was good. With no demonstration showing it works. We had to call the company to troubleshoot why bed would not function correctly. In addition we were told we have to pay a restock fee for something that does not work. My husband had a major stroke and now we can’t sleep in our room because the bed is not functioning and we have to sleep in living room on a temp bed. This is unacceptable and has put burden on a already health care situation. We have no support system so this has been a nightmare!

Personal Comfort Bed response

Janet, we apologize for your experience. We use a third party delivery service and they are suppose to be trained to setup the mattress for our customers. However, sometimes this is not always the case. Can I please get your order number so we can bed assist you?

Personal Comfort

Get buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Don't bother ordering a bed, it will never arrive. I am well aware that supply chains are being affected due to Covid right now, but I've asked for an estimated shipping time twice now and both dates have passed long ago. I ordered my bed over two months ago during the President Day sale, and they're still selling the exact same model on their site. If it's not in stock and you have no idea when it's arriving, why are you still selling it? Their customer service seems friendly enough but nobody is shipping anything out. I'm unsure if they're prioritizing orders that weren't sale price, but I didn't spend $500 to get nothing in return.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Lindsey, we sympathize with you and are apologetic for what you have experienced. COVID has changed several things when it comes to shipping. Can I get your order number so I can look up order and get someone to contact you with a update.

Thanks,

Personal Comfort

Original review: April 15, 2022

If you are buying from this company, please be careful of the bait and switch tactics. I was purchasing a new mattress when I realized that the price jumped $700 when putting in the online cart. I then called the company that didn’t seem to want to believe me until I provided screenshots! They then allegedly spoke amongst themselves and called back a few hours later simply saying “we couldn’t replicate the issue” and therefore would not honor their own pricing. Please be careful! I plan to also post the screenshots on other sites that allow attachments and YouTube where their video is listed.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Tom, we're sorry for what you have experienced, and we understand your frustration. This is a very weird case and is something that we have never seen before. Our prices do change from time to time to keep up with competition, so maybe this was a case where the mattress was in your cart for one price and that was the exact time our pricing of our mattresses change. Again this is a very rare case, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Personal Comfort

Original review: April 8, 2022

My order was placed 07/23/2020. Receive the order a couple months later. I have 4 service tickets/claims in less than 2 years. Now my "smart" bed no longer connects to Bluetooth, which means my bed is not working and stuck in the last position. I purchased the extended warranty; which is a joke. Personal Comfort is "supposed" to cover their product for the first 5 years (first 3 years without a deductible). I was told that I have to pay $200 as a service fee to get a bed fix that is less than 2 years old. Let's keep in mind I paid $9,265.42 for a bed that is always broken. Don't waste your money like I did.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Buffie, we are sorry to hear of the issues you are having and would like to assist in resolving all of them. However we cannot locate your order in our system using the information you provided. We will need the name the order was placed under or the actual order number. Once we have located your order a Sleep Specialist will contact you immediately. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to talking with you.

Personal Comfort

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

When we first ordered the bed it had no padding. I called the customer service and the guy was pretty in my sights. Oh well a few days later I got a call from somebody else and they apologized for his attitude and they finally sent us the little pad in the supposed to go on top of the mattress. Still the mattress is very hard. We had bought numerous different patterns to go on the top. It is not a comfortable bed. You wake up so sore. Definitely not worth the money.

Carmen

Thank you for that information Carmen. I will forward this to our service team and they will be reaching out to you.

Personal Comfort

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Updated on 02/14/2021: Was not able to respond to previous company response. My order number is ** shipment number **. Now I would like to hear back from the company your excuse for the unbelievable response from your many employees that we were subjected to in order to fix our bed.

Original Review: Our bed is less than a year old and the control that makes the head go up broke. The salesmen will tell you they have the best warranty. After multi phone calls we were told there was no service near us and no one could respond. They sent the part and wanted my 81 year old husband to dismantle the bed and fix it himself. We were left on our own to find someone to repair it. We live in a small town and it's not easy to find someone. For that we were give $100. Not the warranty we expected. Very sorry we bought this bed.

Carren,

It looks like Megan opened up a ticket regarding this on February 15th. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Personal Comfort

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Misleading and deceptive. Nothing is as expected, and they refuse to honor the return policy - adjustable bases and headboards are final sale. It is cheap and poorly designed, and the frame is already listing to one side, and the headboard is three inches higher on one side than the other due to the frame bending.

Dear Marie,

We are having management look into this review and your images. Upon first look, it does appear the headboard brackets were not installed correctly. This is what could be contributing to the issues you are having with your power base. The 120-night return policy is only for the mattress. The power base and all other accessories are non-returnable and final sale.

Sincerely,

Personal Comfort

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I have a Personal Comfort bed and was going to hand it down and buy myself another. I expected the same customer service and commitment to make the sale but things have changed. They no longer had my base and mattress model and had gone up several hundred on compatible. On my previous purchase the sales person was able to discount some and throw in sheets set and cover but no way this company doing anything to take the sting off the higher price. To boot they were not as lenient on financing promotion. I needed 24 months and they wouldn't budge off 12 months.

Their ads are very deceiving and mainly apply to their really top beds. When I bought the base someplace else saving 700 and was going to get a medium grade mattress from personal they would not give me 24 months so that was it for me. It's a shame that they were aware I was a returning customer and wouldn't work with me. I liked their individual attention before where they treated you based on your personal situation this the name but I couldn't get 24 month or even a gel mattress cover thrown in. So I had no choice but to go to Sleep Number where I was treated better.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Sande, we're sorry to hear that. Our prices do change throughout time, and during these unfortunate times of COVID-19, we may not have been able to come down on price like before in the past. However, our prices still beat our competitor's and we make a better number bed. Again we apologize, but we are still the better value for a number bed. Happy sleeping.

Personal Comfort

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Since sleeping on the Personal Comfort Bed I have stopped getting injections in my back for two herniated disk in my back. Setting my comfort level, and positioning my bed into a comfortable position, setting my massage I fall off to sleep all night long, waking totally rested, no aches.

Personal Comfort Bed response

That's awesome to hear Wayne. We're thrilled to hear you're getting a greats night's sleep on your new number bed. Happy sleeping.

Personal Comfort

Personal Comfort author review by Whitney Roban, Ph.D.

Personal Comfort Bed offers customized mattresses that are adjustable according to your specific needs. They have been in business since 1973 and offer their own brand of air mattresses.

• Factory direct: Personal Comfort Bed offers factory direct pricing that is available across the country. They average 15% to 35% less than their competitors.

• Eco-friendly: They use CertiPUR-US foam which is made without ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead or other heavy metals so it is very easy on the environment.

• Free trial: Personal Comfort Bed offers a 120-night risk-free trial that lets you try the bed out for a significant period of time to determine whether it's the right bed for you.

• Financing: They offer great financing options, such as 48-month payment plans that make it easy to pay off the total cost of the bed over time.

• Options: They have a wide variety of options in order to fit the needs of different consumers. Their adjustable bed bases are all high quality and guaranteed.

Dr. Whitney Roban is the author of the Devin & Evan Book Series and the founder of SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ, SLEEP WELL/LEARN WELL and SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. She sits on the advisory board panel of the American Sleep Association and has written for and worked with national publications and organizations such as Working Mother Magazine, MSN, Business Insider, NBC News, LinkedIn, The Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT and others.

Personal Comfort Bed Company Information