2.33/5

Looking for an adjustable bed?

6 Personal Comfort Bed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

I bought two twin XL (split king) beds in Oct. 2012. We've never had more comfortable beds. I was shocked to read the negative reviews. When I bought these, I had many contacts with customer service, and they were all extremely helpful and professional. After 8 months, one of the beds stopped holding air. I contacted customer service, and received a new pump and then a new air chamber very quickly. They were great to work with. My sister is looking for a bed, and I highly recommended one of these beds. However, after reading the negative reviews, I'm concerned that the service may not be as good as it used to be. We still, however, love the beds.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Thank you for the review Barbara! We are happy to hear that you're still loving your mattress after all these years! Our customer service is better than ever, but we are always trying to improve ourselves. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a great review.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Adjustable air mattress, durable, reliable and good edge support. Preferable to standard mattresses for variability. Have had for 3 years. So far, so good.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Thank you for the review Jeanne. I hope your great sleep continues for years to come. If there is ever anything you need please contact us, we are happy to help.

Get expert buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Do NOT purchase a bed from Personal Comfort Bed company. They are crooks! I purchased a $5,000 king size bed from this company and it felt horrible to my back. They forced me to sleep on it for 45 days before I could return it. I received their authorization to return the bed for a COMPLETE REFUND. Their very fine print said I could only return the mattress portion so I was entitled to a $2,299 refund. They had FEDEX pick up the bed from my home and after several weeks I contacted them and they said that FedEx did not deliver the bed back to them. This went on for over a month and 8 calls to the company. Finally after 2 months of this runaround they claimed that FedEx lost the bed. How does FEDEX lose a king size bed in a very large box?

They finally admitted that the bed was picked up by their request to FedEX and that they were going to mail me a check. They did not mail me any check for the $2,299 I spent for the mattress. I went to the credit card company explaining all of this and they said to do a charge back against the company, which I did. Personal Comfort fought the chargeback and they lied to the credit card company that they mailed me a refund check. I ordered the bed on April 14th and it is now November 19th and I have not received any refund nor cooperation from Personal Comfort Bed Company. They are very evasive when you talk to them and you never get the same person twice on any phone calls to them. Save yourself the grief and buy a bed from another company that is honest, not Personal Comfort Bed Company.

Personal Comfort Bed response
    Hello David, we sympathize with you and are apologetic for what you have experienced.

To better assist you can we please make sure you had a genuine buying experience by providing us with your order number?

Only the number bed mattress qualifies for the 120 night risk free trial. Unfortunately, we don’t control the shipping company and their loss delayed the processing of your return. We sincerely apologize for any convenience this may have caused you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The sales personnel were courteous during the trial period. However, if there's a problem with the bed after the trial period, customer service is more than willing to fix the problem for a price. The bed was easy to install and performs reasonably somewhat well. However, there were some shortcomings with the bed we purchased: Model A3 king size. Shortly after the trial period the pressure regulator failed to maintain a consistent pressure as promised. Another issue with the bed has been the strong chemical odor from the memory foam topper, very obnoxious. I recommend that if your bed has this chemical odor for more than a few days of buying it, ask for an immediate replacement. Otherwise, they'll sell you another without any guarantees. If you are sensitive to chemical, consider another alternative to this type of bed.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your experience. We apologize for the experience you have had with our mattress and we will do everything in our power to resolve this matter for you. We take extra steps to ensure the mattress is unscented before arriving to your home.

If you haven't already, please give us a call so we can quickly resolve this matter for you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

After multiple contacts to customer service and manager with multiple promises to contact us with a solution to get the bed to hold a selected setting overnight we decided to return the bed. Customer service goes into immediate invoice mode to hit us with a restock fee!!! They have almost 2000 dollars from me and they want to INVOICE me for a restocking fee??? So much for the guarantees and 120 night trial. The next call will be to our attorney, followed by reaching out to all social media platforms and review platforms to warn people about this product.

From the onset Delivery was late. Product easy to set up but did not function properly or as described. Customer Service has been atrocious at best. They make many promises to shut a customer up but follow through or stand behind their product. Both my husband and I now wake up stiff and sore, and neither of us started off with that problem - we just wanted a comfortable, adjustable bed that would suit both of us. If I could give this company and their produce a negative star rating I would.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Thank you for trying Personal Comfort, we are sorry it didn’t work out. Our 120 night risk-free trial does have a requirement of trying the bed for 45 nights. This is because it can take 3-4 weeks for you to find your perfect sleep setting as well as for your body to adjust to your new bed. However, we see that you wanted to expedite your return and that’s ok but we do charge a restock fee for an expedited return prior to the 45 night minimum. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Comfort Bed?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 1, 2017

We compared this to a Sleep Number and were excited to pay so much less for it. We are beyond disappointed! We paid $1649 for an air mattress you can buy at Walmart for $69! It's terrible and the company won't take the product back. They won't return calls, won't assist us at all so now we are stuck with a $1649 credit card debt and a new mattress in our garage. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY!

Personal Comfort Bed response

Emma, we understand that you are frustrated and we are very sympathetic to your concerns. We see that you ordered an online special promotion that did not qualify for a 120 night risk-free trial but did come with a 25 year limited warranty. However, you were still not happy and we did in-fact make a special accommodation to you by still accepting your return, even though it went against our policy. It’s important for us to do what is right, even when it’s at the sacrifice of our bottom line.

Personal Comfort Bed expert review by Whitney Roban, Ph.D.

Personal Comfort Bed offers customized mattresses that are adjustable according to your specific needs. They have been in business since 1973 and offer their own brand of air mattresses.

• Factory direct: Personal Comfort Bed offers factory direct pricing that is available across the country. They average 15% to 35% less than their competitors.

• Eco-friendly: They use CertiPUR-US foam which is made without ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead or other heavy metals so it is very easy on the environment.

• Free trial: Personal Comfort Bed offers a 120-night risk-free trial that lets you try the bed out for a significant period of time to determine whether it's the right bed for you.

• Financing: They offer great financing options, such as 48-month payment plans that make it easy to pay off the total cost of the bed over time.

• Options: They have a wide variety of options in order to fit the needs of different consumers. Their adjustable bed bases are all high quality and guaranteed.

• Best for: Singles, couples, the elderly and post-op.

Profile picture of Whitney Roban, Ph.D.
    Whitney Roban, Ph.D. Sleep Expert

Dr. Whitney Roban is the author of the Devin & Evan Book Series and the founder of SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ, SLEEP WELL/LEARN WELL and SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. She sits on the advisory board panel of the American Sleep Association and has written for and worked with national publications and organizations such as Working Mother Magazine, MSN, Business Insider, NBC News, LinkedIn, The Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT and others.

Personal Comfort Bed Company Information