2. Adjustable Beds
Personal Comfort Bed

Personal Comfort Bed

2.0/5 (23 ratings)

About Personal Comfort Bed

Personal Comfort® is a sister company of American National Manufacturing, Inc. and we are both owned by the same parent company. The company is steeped in a long tradition and history of building mattresses that can be personalized to meet the ever-changing demands of the body while achieving better sleep. For 40 years, American National Manufacturing has been a leading maker of sleeping surfaces in both consumer and medical markets.

Personal Comfort Bed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Comfort Bed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Comfort?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

When we first ordered the bed it had no padding. I called the customer service and the guy was pretty in my sights. Oh well a few days later I got a call from somebody else and they apologized for his attitude and they finally sent us the little pad in the supposed to go on top of the mattress. Still the mattress is very hard. We had bought numerous different patterns to go on the top. It is not a comfortable bed. You wake up so sore. Definitely not worth the money.

Carmen

Thank you for that information Carmen. I will forward this to our service team and they will be reaching out to you.

Personal Comfort

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Updated on 02/14/2021: Was not able to respond to previous company response. My order number is ** shipment number **. Now I would like to hear back from the company your excuse for the unbelievable response from your many employees that we were subjected to in order to fix our bed.

Original Review: Our bed is less than a year old and the control that makes the head go up broke. The salesmen will tell you they have the best warranty. After multi phone calls we were told there was no service near us and no one could respond. They sent the part and wanted my 81 year old husband to dismantle the bed and fix it himself. We were left on our own to find someone to repair it. We live in a small town and it's not easy to find someone. For that we were give $100. Not the warranty we expected. Very sorry we bought this bed.

Carren,

It looks like Megan opened up a ticket regarding this on February 15th. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Personal Comfort

Get buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Misleading and deceptive. Nothing is as expected, and they refuse to honor the return policy - adjustable bases and headboards are final sale. It is cheap and poorly designed, and the frame is already listing to one side, and the headboard is three inches higher on one side than the other due to the frame bending.

Dear Marie,

We are having management look into this review and your images. Upon first look, it does appear the headboard brackets were not installed correctly. This is what could be contributing to the issues you are having with your power base. The 120-night return policy is only for the mattress. The power base and all other accessories are non-returnable and final sale.

Sincerely,

Personal Comfort

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I have a Personal Comfort bed and was going to hand it down and buy myself another. I expected the same customer service and commitment to make the sale but things have changed. They no longer had my base and mattress model and had gone up several hundred on compatible. On my previous purchase the sales person was able to discount some and throw in sheets set and cover but no way this company doing anything to take the sting off the higher price. To boot they were not as lenient on financing promotion. I needed 24 months and they wouldn't budge off 12 months.

Their ads are very deceiving and mainly apply to their really top beds. When I bought the base someplace else saving 700 and was going to get a medium grade mattress from personal they would not give me 24 months so that was it for me. It's a shame that they were aware I was a returning customer and wouldn't work with me. I liked their individual attention before where they treated you based on your personal situation this the name but I couldn't get 24 month or even a gel mattress cover thrown in. So I had no choice but to go to Sleep Number where I was treated better.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Sande, we're sorry to hear that. Our prices do change throughout time, and during these unfortunate times of COVID-19, we may not have been able to come down on price like before in the past. However, our prices still beat our competitor's and we make a better number bed. Again we apologize, but we are still the better value for a number bed. Happy sleeping.

Personal Comfort

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Since sleeping on the Personal Comfort Bed I have stopped getting injections in my back for two herniated disk in my back. Setting my comfort level, and positioning my bed into a comfortable position, setting my massage I fall off to sleep all night long, waking totally rested, no aches.

Personal Comfort Bed response

That's awesome to hear Wayne. We're thrilled to hear you're getting a greats night's sleep on your new number bed. Happy sleeping.

Personal Comfort

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I purchased a bed base that is light gray on the website. When I opened the box to find a deep charcoal gray which will in no way match my decor. After being passed around I received an email, not a phone call, that under no circumstances can I return it. This was not an unreasonable request. I also purchased a bed frame and it didn’t contain the screws for the middle legs so I will need to purchase them before I can put my bed together. The frame was also bent and I used vice grips to straighten it out so that it is usable. I do not write this review lightly. This is my second bed from them and over the past ten years I have recommended them and had three people purchase one. Obviously I will no longer recommend Personal Comfort.

Personal Comfort Bed response

Hello Regan, I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the color of your mattress. However, the sheets will cover that portion mattress and the deep charcoal grey will not be seen. Can you please provide me with your order number so I can locate your order and help you in resolving the issues you are having. Thanks.

Personal Comfort

Original review: May 1, 2020

My wife & I were looking to purchase a new bed. We were comparing the Sleep Number System to the Personal Comfort System. We settled on the Personal Comfort System. Made the call and Alan gave us a price. We called back 11 days to finalize the purchase and they would not honor the quote. In fact it was $900.00 higher than what they told us. We told them we were not happy about the increase but we would be willing to meet them half way on the price. It wasn't going to be a financed purchase. They told us no thanks. They wouldn't budge. If that is how they treat potential customers, I would hate to see how they would treat you after the sale. - Barry **.

Personal Comfort Bed response

We're sorry to hear about your experience with us Barry. We have frequent sales, and prices can change after each one. After each sale, sometimes our prices can increase or decrease some. That's why we urge our customers not to wait for the next sale before purchasing. We apologize for any trouble this may have caused.

Personal Comfort

Original review: March 5, 2020

We were looking to purchase an adjustable air bed and after comparing this bed with Sleep Number, the salesperson recommended that A6 split king. We purchased this in November 2019. The salesperson was very good and said that we could use twin XL sheets on each unit or a king sheet to cover both. We have to use separate sheets because the sections of the bed have to be about 1 inch apart because they get caught on each other at the corners when one raises or lowers so there is always a crack between the beds.

The mattress is no better than the memory foam mattress we had before. In fact, the pain in my hips and back has gotten worse with this bed even after trying every possible setting over the last few months. In the middle of February, one of the bases stopped working and would no longer raise or lower, but the air pump still functioned. They had to send me a new power supply and control box. This is by far the most regrettable purchase we have ever made.

Hello Sheila,

We're sorry to hear of the issues you're having and would like to assist in solving them. However, we cannot locate your order with the information you provided. Can you please provide us with your order number? Once we have located your order, a sleep specialist will contact you immediately.

Personal Comfort

Original review: March 3, 2020

We bought this mattress. Paid a lot plus paid for white glove service. The mattress is awful. Goes flat, 11 calls to customer service, no help. First they said it was the controls as they were not staying stable. Got new ones, same issues then they told me it was a compressor, that I’d have to send it back, then one man told me I had a reconditioned compressor, no one told me that it was not new and they didn’t have any replacements that I’d have to send it back, no offer of overnight to help us as we’re in our 70s. Then he told us it was the bladder and he’d call back in half an hour, that was two days ago. I’m beyond upset. I’m sleeping in a recliner which is not good. I have back issues, their customer service is awful. No one knows anything. Just gave us the run around, no help. I’m stuck with a mattress I can’t sleep on,

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

We love the bed; however, setup was to be included with our purchase. Bed was delivered, was taken upstairs; however, after contacting Personal Comfort several times regarding setup, no one showed. We waited until 6:30 and ended up setting it up ourselves as we had nothing else on which to sleep. We finished around midnight. We are deeply disappointed in the customer service we received.

Anna,

Our customer service manager was out of the office Friday, but Carlos will be contacting you today. Sorry for the delay, and thank you for your patience.

Personal Comfort

Personal Comfort author review by Whitney Roban, Ph.D.

Personal Comfort Bed offers customized mattresses that are adjustable according to your specific needs. They have been in business since 1973 and offer their own brand of air mattresses.

• Factory direct: Personal Comfort Bed offers factory direct pricing that is available across the country. They average 15% to 35% less than their competitors.

• Eco-friendly: They use CertiPUR-US foam which is made without ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead or other heavy metals so it is very easy on the environment.

• Free trial: Personal Comfort Bed offers a 120-night risk-free trial that lets you try the bed out for a significant period of time to determine whether it's the right bed for you.

• Financing: They offer great financing options, such as 48-month payment plans that make it easy to pay off the total cost of the bed over time.

• Options: They have a wide variety of options in order to fit the needs of different consumers. Their adjustable bed bases are all high quality and guaranteed.

Dr. Whitney Roban is the author of the Devin & Evan Book Series and the founder of SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ, SLEEP WELL/LEARN WELL and SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. She sits on the advisory board panel of the American Sleep Association and has written for and worked with national publications and organizations such as Working Mother Magazine, MSN, Business Insider, NBC News, LinkedIn, The Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT and others.

Personal Comfort Bed Company Information